Speaker 1: This is the greatest political comeback comeback of all time.
Speaker 2: There's ever been two, three, four times. Today regain control.
Speaker 3: Of the country control.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's fifty five KRC the talk station five O five.
Speaker 3: Fifty five k r C the talk station. End of your week for the election results. Wipe you from the right is a vacation this time to take out the trash. Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to figure out which SoundBite you'd go at. This morning, Happy, very happy Wednesday, unless for you're a voter in Hamilton County who leans conservative. But a lot of room to celebrate today in a happy, happy Wednesday. Tat post election Wednesday listener lunch Wednesday, feel free to join us at Ron's ris for what I think will be a celebratory atmosphere given the national results, the state results here in Ohio, although again Hamilton County, if last person out bring the flag. I went full yeah in Hamilton County anyway, I just completely lost Hamilton County to the left wing of the party. However, nationally speaking, we're all on the right track and Donald Trump poised to actually he's declared victor already. Most of the sites have already declared him the victor. Some sites still have it pending, but when you look at the states that have yet to be declared, considering the number of votes that have been turned in percentage wise, I think it's a foregone conclusion. It just now becomes a question of how many additional seats in the Senate, And of course the balance of the House is still in sort of a floating territory. Right now. Republicans have already taken over the Senate, got fifty one confirmed, and as far as the House goes, looks like right now, two hundred seats we can Republicans gain two Democrats lost to and then of course a few more are in play. But it is leaning toward the Republicans, which means, can we call this a mandate? Joe, We've got Republican president, we have a Republican Senate, and if we get a Republican House, I'd say that's pretty much a mandate, wouldn't you. Well, I know the larger question is what will they do with it? Yes, hopefully they'll work better together and play nicely together, better than they do in Columbus, Ohio. But and the really, I think one of the neatest thing about this is the popular vote. And as right now I'm looking at, Donald Trump was sixty nine seven and fifty votes, Kamala Harris sixty five. So Donald Trump wins not only the electoral College vote, but also the popular vote, which hasn't happened I think since the first Bush administration. What Joe oh Biden had eighty three million? Yeah, a lot of people sat this one out on the left hand side of the ledger. I do believe you're right on that, Joe. They weren't going to be duped by Kamala Harris, and they weren't happy with the well. I think that the woke ideology really played a bigger role in this than anything. I'm happy to hear from you five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk pound FI fifty on eighteen and T phones. Love to hear your reaction to what's going on. And Issue one you heard top of the Iron News shot down in flames in Ohio. Thank god. People need to look right through that saw who Issue one was back by a bunch of left wingers or just frankly didn't understand it. It was interesting because I had that search. Analysts from Ohio State University talking about that the more difficult the ballot language is, the more likely people are just going to vote no, because they're not going to vote to change the status quo when they can't understand what the measure is all about. And that's seen to be the case with Ohio Issue one. It felled fifty four to forty six percent. Bernie Mareno beat Shared Brown. We have a new senator here in Ohio. Happy that Bernie Marino took that one, and Republicans now won all three seats in the high Supreme Court races. Republicans ie conservative jurists now control the Supreme Court of Ohio six to one. How about them, apples? And in other news something that does not shock me. Real quick here before I go to the funds. Dow Jones industrial futures are now up eleven hundred and thirty three point two point seven percent given the given Trump's well winning the election. S and T futures up two point four percent, NASDAK up one point eight percent. These are all futures, mind you, and it could change before the market opens this morning. But uh, obviously business is happy about a Trump victory versus well the dictatorial confiscatory taxes and of course recks a stagnation brought about by the regulatory state that a Biden I'm sorry, Harris administration would have brought her out or continued. Uh So let's get some people's feelings right now. How were going out there if I won? Three seven, four, nine fifty eight hundred eighty three talk Kevin. Welcome to the Morning Show, and a very happy Wednesday to you.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Brian. You discovered all my positive points as far as the election, and I'm glad you didn't drink yourself into a stupor of losing to Harris Wells.
Speaker 3: It would have been a set you know, I'm serious, Kevin. The alarm went off and I went to bed long before this. You know, nothing had been declared. When I went to bed, I stayed up to like nine thirty, which is an hour and a half past my bedtime. So the alarm goes off and I woke up, and I'm just staring at the ceiling and going I'm having a difficult time getting out of bed because the first thing I'm gonna do is go to my cell phone and launch you know, some national news site and see where things are, and so I just like type it in my pass code, just like embracing myself, like oh god, well, and then my bubble was slightly burst with us. It did. My bubble is slightly burst based upon the outcome here in Hamilton County, which wave, the big red wave, and the popular vote on top of it. None of the screen of red electoral college. We need to rotic great electoral college. Well it didn't work, so good news there.
Speaker 6: Amen.
Speaker 2: Amen, brother, Well.
Speaker 3: Let's celebrate today, Kevin, celebrate, we will and enjoy the victories that we got today. God bless you. Kevin. Appreciate the call this morning. Let's see what Steve Scott, Steve, Happy Wednesday to you, walk into the program.
Speaker 7: Good morning. Yeah, I was going to talk about the stock market. I was conservative yesterday or pulled all.
Speaker 3: My money out in case.
Speaker 7: But I would have been a lot richer today. Well, but uh, I think I hope somebody would tell Trump to pay the Biden and not say anything during the administration, since you got if he gets the house in the center boat and just start doing stuff, and that is I would love just any way, they wouldn't keep me for more than two days to be the person standing in front of the press and scaring. The first thing I would do is say, we have buses at the FBI, the d J, all of them with the local sheriff's department walking in asking for cases. And if they don't comply, they go right to the bus to the we're emptying out of J six and we're going to pull them up with people that resist the law and uh maybe in four years to get to see a lawyer. But they ask for all these cases and tell them anybody that's any news agency that spread false information about the COVID shot, it.
Speaker 3: Was all federal funding.
Speaker 7: On top of that, I would they wouldn't keep me on stage. I got a bunch of ideas, and I would put the liberals in a frendy. I would freak them out for months so they would never even look at Trumpe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can all.
Speaker 7: Be live, because that's all they do is live. So I can just go out there and spout stuff and freak everybody out with the stuff that I say is going to happen.
Speaker 2: Just to see the heads roll.
Speaker 3: We you know, you bring up the press, even obviously the mainstream, well the vast majority of Americans clearly were rejected the narrative that they got from the press. They saw through it. They saw what they were doing to cover up for Kamala Harris's shortcomings, and they were in myriad. So does the press recognize this and wake the hell up? Do the Democrats recognize what happened and move away from their far far left wing socialist mentality? I mean, this is go ahead.
Speaker 7: Didn't Obama when he came in took away the law that said that the government cannot use prop a game in the news, wasn't he didn't he pull that trick when he came in here and all it's all been propagain the sense I will reenact that, And I would like, I said, gink their money. They spread PROPA game and lives you're trying to do with free speech? Do a lie that they are saying. Go against the lies. You know, I don't want to restrict your freedoms over you know.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm you know, I'm a I'm a huge fan of the First Amendment, and I consider myselfself smart enough human being to know when I'm being lied to, Because of course I do a lot of research and move around to different news sources and don't rely on just one but lies and prevarications, generally speaking, bending the truth and twisting the narrative. That's all free speech. I mean that is protected. You know it's protected.
Speaker 7: Correct, we shouldn't be paying with our tax money?
Speaker 3: Well, Steve, fill in the blank on what we shouldn't be paying with our tax money. We could go on. Yeah, anything's that starts, Steve. And maybe Elon Musk will be in a position to be the guy who starts going in and cutting across the board. I'm hoping that he is in that role. And you know what I'm gonna give. I really think Elon Musk had a lot to do with Trump's victory among young people. I mean, the guy is a really interesting yet very popular He's a weird guy, but he's a very popular figure. And when you went over Elon Musk and his brilliance and you promised to bring promise to bring a guy like that in to do the necessary work to cut some and some at least of the government waste out of the system. I think that's a very appealing thing and it may have had an impact on it. So we'll see.
Speaker 7: Rachel Mattall wanted the kettle federal funny for me Elon Musk when Kamala won. So just do that to the news agency. Just cut their money too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to know how much funny actually goes to the news agencies. Like I know public broadcasting gets money, but I don't know that CBS or CNN gets public money. You have to survive on their advertising dollars, which cloes back to my point. Are they going to wake up and realize they have alienated so many people with their far left wing narrative on literally everything? Now? Well, Dad answered the question, at least from his heavenly perspectives. Do you appreciate the call? All the calls are welcome, looking forward to hearing from you all morning. It would save me the idea of having to go through a lot of stuff. But we got a lot of stuff to go through. Five one, three, seven, fifty two three talk. I'll be right back to stay here at fifty five K see de talk station.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: It is your nine first morning. Well, the forecasts we have well morning showers likely this morning was raining when I was coming in just a little bit. Uh ramill move east in the afternoon hours. Doesn't matter highest seventy. Today, it's a rain over night, cloudy, sky is isolated showers sixty one. Tomorrow morning rain turning partley, cloudy with the highest sixty nine. Thursday night down to forty eight with a few clowns. And on Friday it's going to be a sunny day. I have sixty five right now, sixty six degrees, fifty five car SEK stations, fifty five krs the talk station. Joe Drecker has a SoundBite the announcement from Hamilton County GOP leader Russell Mock. Go ahead, Joe, play it.
Speaker 7: I'm not much on speeches, but it's so gratifying to leave you wallowing in the mess you've made.
Speaker 2: You're screwed.
Speaker 3: Thank you bye, and the joy of if we could only have Joe Strecker and my off air comments actually on air, Greg Lansman beat the far superior. Orlando Sonza here in Hamilton County fifty four to forty six, Warren Davidson, congratulations. Kind of love the folks there in the eighth district for sixty three thirty seven. A bunch of loves passing Hamilton County. Almost all, I guess all of them. The Family Service tax Levy overwhelmingly passed the Amilon County Development Disability. These tacks of the overwhelmingly passed auditor went to Jessica Miranda fifty five to forty five over Tom Bridman, a superior candidate see Clerk of Courts, Pavin Pray Over. Well, that's obviously, you know, we went solid blue in Hamilton County. Alicia Reese won over Jonathan Pearson fifty five to forty one. Ton East Treehouse got or received fifty seven forty over Adam Taylor, who I really got to know and I just didn't. I think he's a hell of a good guy. Connie Pillach over Melissa Powers And see, you know, I saying that out loud just brings bile over the back of my throat. It was fifty one forty nine. So it was the closest race that I can find here in Hamilton County, at least in so far as Republicans versus Democrats. Charmie McGuffey fifty six to Jim Neils forty four for Sheriff Wow Lewis Plessing got this. Of course, back on the district gate, I could get up. What was that Joe barely Hey you know what I'll take barely. I'll take Ron's call to Ron, thanks for calling this morning and a pretty much happy Wednesday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, except for the Hamilton County. It's all blue now. And of course you you said that we still had the same way, they still had the same sheriff, and I went, damn, you know, it's sad, but yeah, watching my son Brian was calling me about every fifteen minutes. You were talking about what's going on TV and stuff. He goes, my god, Trump's kicking the butts, you know. And we were talking and had a phone call from a friend in Detroit and she was saying, I guess I hear your five bucks. You said that Trump was going to win, and he is up so far, you know, right, don't have a don't know if I'll get a chance to get down to lunch today or not.
Speaker 3: Just going to ask you that, Ron, if you were going to be able to make it the listener lunch today.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I got a doctor's appointment though. Suddenly, you know, you get one of those last minute calls, you know, got it won yesterday and said they had to be a doctor's off at a certain time. It's like ye I'll be there at a certain time. I'll still wait forty five minutes on line before get back to seeing you.
Speaker 3: Yes, but your health comes first, Ron, I would never suggest you you ditch a doctor's appointment a favorite listener lunch. Much in the same way people who said I'd love to come to listener lunch, but I have to work. I was telling him, well, you made the right decision, so you regularly, you regularly make it. Maybe we'll catch you at listener lunch in December, so or anything, or I believe it's price hell chilli if I recall, stick back over on the West side for that one. But I'll double check on that. But we got a month to stew over it. Thanks Ron, always a pleasure to hearing from you. Tell Brian we all said hi and thanks for his service. Fifty five care City Talk Station five eight hund eight two three talks. You go ahead and take that one. Joe got time, Kevin whoop?
Speaker 2: They hung up.
Speaker 3: Kevin didn't want to talk to me. Well, and the the the memes are everywhere this morning, and I think the most popular meme that I have seen, the most recurrent meme, and I get a kick out of them, America unburdens itself from what has been obviously going back to Kamala Harris, Oh, and I guess those the suitets are going to be packed up today as a consequence of adult college students being incapable of dealing with the political realities of the world and suffering from anxiety. Universities Georgetown, for example, puge Sound, among others, setting up what they call self care suites to help students manage stress post election. Georgetown mc Court School Public Policy students can escape political chatter with activities like building legos, coloring, and sipping hot chocolate in a designated calm space. You know, I know, suck it up, Buttercup, grow up. You're an adult playing with legos five twenty five If I five causly tuckstations, maybe I don't know, but I'm feeling much better about the country's direction since Donald Trump won the popular vote and the presidency, and we have a whole lot more in terms of races and issues to talk about the aftermath. What do you think? Feel free to call love to hear from you, stick around and be right back with local stories.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: I'm Julie here's your nine first oneing weather forecast. Got showers this morning, and I have seventy suggests that showers will move out at some point today anyway, Overnight low is sixty one with isolated showers. Mars high sixty nine with some morning rain, otherwise partly blotty. Overnight lowell forty eight with a few clowns. And on Friday, mostly sunny day with a highest sixty five sixty five degrees. Right now for the five karrosee dalk station.
Speaker 2: Don't vote Democrat Tom good job.
Speaker 3: I hope Tom's doing all right, and I hope you're doing all right today too, pretty much in the celebratory move, with the exception of the bubble being bursed here in Hamilton County, Ohio. Otherwise bright red, congratulations Bernie Marino, congratulations six to one on the Supreme Court with Conservative taking all three seats that were open. And congratulations of Warren Davidson. Solid they are in the eighth district, so beyond that, and someone it suggests that well, maybe could appoint the Orlando Sonza to JD Vance's seat, and of course that's probably not going to happen. According to sources close to Mike DeWine at least on I suppose it was last Wednesday, or is this this morning? I guess today? Yeah, jd Vance now elected Vice president the Wine leaning toward appointing longtime friend and state Senator Matt Dolan to fill his Senate seat. So yeah. Joe Strecker's response, Dear God, I know, well's vote Democrat. Yeah, well, or you know, don't vote Rhino. There in lies the challenge with our current governor here in the state of Ohile. So you'll have an opportunity down the road to solve that problem. So back over to local stories here, moving away from politics at least momentarily, because we've been talking about it all morning, and at least in terms of voting. Local story related, we go to a Hea Heburn, my friends and he and Kentucky men arrested at polling place yesterday and Hebron for what they described as disorderly and disruptive behavior toward voters. Boone County Sheriff's office said the poll workers report of the man just after one pian at the Hebron polling station and thorn Wild Elementary deputies got there discover the man who was being disruptive, happened to also be intoxicated at a plastic water bottle filled with vodkn in that that he's found the man attempting to fill out his ballot before he tried leaving the polling station with the ballot, which is illegal, Sheriff's office said. The man told deputies he was upset and didn't think he would cast his ballot. Sheriff's officeaid the man was first upset that he was asked to verify his address and only gave poll workers a po box. After the workers calmed him down, the man began yelling, let's vote in line and was further disruptive, according to the report from the Sheriff's office. Been charged with disorderly con unducked alcohol, intoxication in a public place, and removing slash, tampering with a ballot, piling on poor Frishes and many of us are out here lamenting the demise and soon to be banker of Frishes. So after several Frishes Big Boy locations forced to close amid evictions, FC Cincinnati filed a lawsuit against Frish's, claiming it owes over one hundred and fifty grand for an unpaid sponsorship contract lawsuit fil October thirty one, Hamilton County. The two parties entered into his sponsorship agreement December last year. Since then, Frish's has not paid a dime. That's according the lawsuit. Sponsorship agreement dictated the Frishes with PAFC one hundred and fifty grand in five monthly installments starting June one this year. After that, they were supposed to pay thirty thousand per installment on the first of every month after June all the way through October first. Fish Is also allegedly agreed to pay two thousand dollars to FC Cincinnati Trade and additional forty five hundred for each MLS playoff game played at TQL Stadium. So it says well when Fishes didn't pay in June, July, August, or September, FC Cinthonty sent a restaurant a demand letter asking for the full balance of one hundred and twenty grand and the October bill for thirty total one hundred and fifties. Fishes didn't respond ergo They're now in further litigation, So poor Fishes. I guess f C Cincinnati probably has a valid argument, but I still feel like they're being kicked when they're down. Let's see here over to other local stories here in the Hamilton County area, anyway, one are the more depressing realities. Greg Lamsman be Orlandos Sons, as I pointed out, congratulations again to Warren Davidson and a lot of the tax levies sadly okay, Moving over to prosecutors race Yes, Connie Pillage be, Melissa Powers and Iry mcgufee beat Jim Neil twenty fourth District ninety one. See Danny Isaacson Democrat beat John Sess District twenty five Democrats. Cecil Thomas beat Jim Burns Democrats. Cedric Denson in District twenty six beat John Breeden District twenty seven Democrat Rachel Baker beat Kurt Hartman. I like Curti's a decent guy. District twenty eight. Democrat Karen Brownlee wins Jenjuru. There's a Republican that wins, and then again not up really against anybody who is actually challenger challenging her District twenty nine. Cindy Abrams congratulations beat Democrat Salvado Joe Salvado District thirty. Mike Odioso like that guy wins beating Democrat Stephanie hawks sixty nine thirty one sound victory Mike Odioso Onto representing District Thirtyary Court of Appeals one on District one, Terry Nester, Democrat beat Sean Donovan District one Democrat maryland Zias beat Stacy Lufton for the Court of Appeals. Court of Appeals, District one Democrat, Candice Crouse beat Elizabeth Poulston's got a trend going on here?
Speaker 5: Do we?
Speaker 3: Huh huh? District one Court of Appeals. Rich Moore, Democrat beat Robert Gering Hamilton County Court Recorder shocking no on Democrats. Scott Crowley beat David Heinbach, Treasurer Democrat. Jill schillerbeat Republican Jeff Baker. County Court of Common Please, Casey Cash one over Steve Simon, Robert Winkler Gay, Hamilton County Court of Common Please, Robert Winkler victorious. Chivy A tax levee passed, Indian Hill Charter Amendment passed, the Village of Addison tax levee passed, the Village of Glendale tax level passed, the Village of golf Manor tax levee passed. Village of Greenhills tax levee passed. Village of Green Hills tax levy additional passed. I can't believe what people are voting, more money out of their pockets. North Ben tax levee passed. Woodlawn tax levee passed Charter amendment in Village of Woodlawn passed. Village of North Ben tax levee shot down. There's one that they said no on. Anderson Township tax levee passed. Miami Township tax levee Renewal and increase shot down. There's another outwire. Miami Township tax levee renewal passed, Springfield tax levee pass Simms Township tax levee passed, Whywater Township tax levee. That one shot down. Marimount City Schools tax levee passed. Mount Healthy City Schools levey shot down. Princeton City Schools tax levee passed, Wyoming City School bond issue passed. Anderson Township Park District tax levee passed. Columbia Township Waste Disposal District tax levee passed. I know it's concentrating on Hamilton County there, but I just could not believe the number of lovees that actually passed. In spite of these difficult financial times we find ourselves five point thirty seven. Mark, your call is first out of the gate before we get the stack of stupid or we're gonna deal with calls all morning, which I prefer right here at fifty five KRE City Talk Station.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC if you're living with Trent.
Speaker 3: How the weather Channel nine says we have showers likely this morning highest seventy today, overnight isolated showers in the lowest sixty one. Got some potential morning rains tomorrow. HI have sixty nine, partly cloudy day over night forty eight for the low sunny skies on Friday with the highest sixty five. It is sixty five right now, and it is time for the first traffic update.
Speaker 2: From the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Lung cancer screening save lives if you are fifty years older and have a history of smoking, called the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center five one three five eighty four long. That's five one three five eight four l U n G Highway traffic in bad shape with the wet roads North Bend seventy one are wreckon King blocks the right lane. Then all wayans blocked off North Bend seventy one above two seventy five thanks to an accident. They're diverting traffic at Peifer East and West Bend two seventy five. Ramps are blocked South Bend seventy five. There's a wrecon town left side. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KARO scene the talk station.
Speaker 3: Five forty two. If you have KERR c DE talk station. Jack allen In returns to the program at seven oh five, which does everyone's at seven oh five. It's gonna be about Trump's historic realignment. So that ought to be a really interesting discussion from Jack out of thetown. I love that guy. Over to the phones. Love when you call. Five went three sefty two three talk Mark, Thanks for holding and welcome to the program.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Brian. Yeah, I gave up at twelve thirty this morning, got up at three point thirty, and that's the first thing I did was turn off the TV. The h they're going to screw the vote in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin. Uh So I didn't go to bed with her, went to bed with a fairly easy feeling, but just kind of wondering if the same thing that's going to happen is the last election where they were trying to manipulate the vote count. Also, I just listened to the results that you gave out for Hamilton County, and I've spoken with you a few times, and I moved out to Union County earlier this year, and it's amazing the soybeans and cornfields did not ask for any tax levy. He voted for we had not. So I'm so glad that I got out of m O County and unfortunately I grew up there, and unfortunately, I think within five years can draw big certain around Cincinnati and you won't recognize about the suburbs that are there now. It's just a sad statement the people that, as you pointed out during this campaigning season, that the strong characters of Melissa Powers and Sonza and some of the others that I and even for the race of sheriff, it's just amazing to me that people cannot just identify or go get past their party affiliation for the betterment of their community or as the country as a whole. In some cases, some of the coverage last night, Box I watched boxes. I don't know the guys back around. His name's Harold Ford, so that he's liberal obviously as a Democrat, and they had somebody else on there, and he kept talking about his party. You know, my party, this, our party, this, we we need this. But at no time did he acknowledge anything that was better for the country as a whole. And and it's amazing to me that Kamala Harris, who is an empty vessel even airhead, got as many votes as she actually did, and people that are that came home for her, so to speak, they really need to look inside, look at themselves, because there was nothing there that even was remotely qualifying. So I'm glad it went the way that it did.
Speaker 3: I am too. And you know what, and even more, I take even more comfort the fact that the popular vote Donald Trump on the popular vote by north of four million. So we're not going to hear the yelling and gnashing the teeth with a bunch of Democrats screaming about how the electoral college needs to get thrown out in favorable popular vote.
Speaker 12: Absolutely I saw that last night, and that's one of the things I kept saying attention to. And but yeah, so anyway, hopefully things move forward and they take this opportunity to try to build upon this. These people that are coming.
Speaker 2: Over to the Republican Party. Yes, and once and for all show the.
Speaker 12: Differences between the socialists and some of the dinosaurs Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell. Hopefully some of these dinosaurs now understand we're tired of them, go go away, and I will include some of the Republicans, a lot of the Republicans and that as well enough enough if you guys need to go. So that's my two cents this morning. So thank you for all of your help and trying to explain things to people and get people to think past their nose. But unfortunately in Hanlemon County that seems not to be the case.
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel sorry for counting sadly so. And my wife even said she wants to move now. So that speaks volumes right there in wonder there's any room up by you market Union Township. Thanks to the call my friend five forty six or fifty five krs of the talk station, I got a great idea. If you need a plumber, you just call plumb type plumbing. It's always plumbing done right from the northern Kentucky region all the way to dating and everything in between. My Plumb Type Plumbing friends are absolutely outstanding on what they do. Of course, they're license and it's a completely different kind of plumbing company. They pride themselves on their professionalism, their customer service, being on time, letting you know when they're going to be there, fair and ethical pricing, never trying to say something you do not need. Call them up. They'll assess your plumbing situation after establish wishing, the customer service at the greeting, at the door, and the communication. Check it out. They'll quote you a great price and the plumbing will be done right. Confidently call them. They did. They've never let me down. And in emergencies, twenty four hour days, seven a week emergency service they have that at Plum Type Plumbing. So I've the last appointment I've I mentioned, I usually schedule when I call them up, but I did it online and you know that was wild. They got back with me like in five minutes, and this was a Sunday, So you know that's that's these volumes right there in terms of the communication. So emergency services, you got nothing to worry about. Plumb type, Well, you never everything to worry about when you're calling my friends at plum Type Plumbing. That's why they enjoyed a plus with the BBB Plumbing Done Right five on three seven two seven tights t I T E five one three seven, two seven eighty four eighty three. Visit them online at plumtight dot com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC. Really, look what happened?
Speaker 1: This is the greatest political comment comeback of all time.
Speaker 13: There's ever been two three four times today fifty five KRC in the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six four at fifty five Karri CD talk station. Brian Thomas right here wishing everyone in a very happy post election day and quite the celebratory mood here on the fifty five KRC Morning showt Donald Trump clearing away the overall winner, not only winning the electoral College, but the popular vote. Republicans have taken back the Senate and on their way to probably taking back the House. Already had a couple of seats on that still some pending outcomes, and I am happy to announce in studio, maybe hanging out here for a couple hours talking to folks, taking phone calls and participating in the discussion. Christopher smitham and former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Thanks for coming in. Man, it's great seeing you Ryan. Thanks for having me. How you feeling this morning?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 14: I know as a political junkie, you know, even coming in seeing that MSNBC, places like CNN, ABC had not even called the election. And so if you're listening, like if people are waking up right now looking at their TVs, you know, they are major news outlets that still as you and I sit here having said that, you know, former President Donald Trump is Trump, you know, is a president elect forty seven.
Speaker 3: But he is he is, he is.
Speaker 2: That is reality.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know I agree with you. I look at CNN and I look at you know, it's interesting Politico, which I would call a very left leaning online mag online news dump outlet, and uh, they've got Trump with two seventy seven. And you know, if you look at somebody else's map, it's you know, still again not quite over the victory margin. But the states that are still sort of kind of in play, Nevada, Arizona, for example, the numbers are leaning Trump pretty decently, Like, for example, Arizona fifty one point nine or fifty two percent to Harris's forty seven percent. Sixty percent of the vote in on that one in Nevada, which hasn't been formally called yet, still leaning Trump at fifty one point five to Harris's forty six eight. So those look like a lock for Trump and even Michigan. And this doesn't shock me at all that that Michigan would be going with Trump, given all the auto workers there on the Harris administration would have eradicated their jobs fifty point one percent to Harris's forty eight point one. And that's with ninety five percent of the vote tallied, So only a few remaining states to solidify it. But most every place, sanely and wisely and properly have already called Trump the winner. And of course the Republicans have already win the Senate. We've already got fifty one up of senators, a couple of still outstanding. It's just the House we're waiting around for, but leaning Republicans. So this would be a quick, clean, sweet Christopher clean sweep.
Speaker 14: I'm sitting back this morning thinking about all the posters who have been telling us over the last call it thirty days that this was going be a very very close race. Bryan that the pathway like Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, these states were going to be very close, almost impossible, the blue wall, as they described it. They talked about Iowa in the last forty eight hours that Iowa was the thermometer for me as a financial planner. Was the Dow or the Russell in Iowa? And I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 3: Fifty six point three Trump Harris forty two point three. So much for your Iowa poll. There you have it, There you have it.
Speaker 14: And they said, these were the greatest minds, the greatest posters. They're never wrong, and every one of them were wrong. And it shows you just how biased they all were going into the election. The questions that they were asking who they were polling, why they couldn't extract that there was this silent vote out there. I'm gonna talk a little bit about that from my perspective, But they.
Speaker 2: All were wrong. There wasn't.
Speaker 14: There's not one person, no poster that we heard that came out and said, man that when we wake up, they're gonna be fifty almost fifty red dots on a map.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. Let's pause because We're you're gonna be around for a while here this morning. Got a couple of callers online. CJ's been on hold for a while. Let's take CJ's call. You can hear that as well. CJ. Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for holding my friend.
Speaker 12: Oh thank you.
Speaker 15: And it is a beautiful, rainy morning. And you were just talking about the polls. And I was thinking about something this morning.
Speaker 3: And what did the polls miss?
Speaker 12: I think it's two things.
Speaker 15: Number One, Democrats way over played the abortion hand. On Sunday, all I watched was Shared Brown, pro abortion commercial after pro abortion commercial after pro abortion commercial after pro abortion commercial.
Speaker 2: And that was just about it.
Speaker 15: And I think it drove a lot of people out, and it even probably took some people who were pro Shared that couldn't vote for Bernie and they voted for the libertarian number one. Number two, there are ten million people like me around the country who have moved from California, New.
Speaker 16: York, Illinois, and all.
Speaker 15: Of us probably are not the biggest Donald Trump fans. A lot of us probably have never voted for Donald Trump. But in this election, when Kamala Harris was on the ballot, we sat there and looked at that ballot and said, I cannot do to this country what democrats have done to our home states, of our families and forced us into a forced migration out of this country, out of our states and our homes, and that we love where we're at, but we're still a little.
Speaker 12: Upset and we do not want to bring that to the country.
Speaker 3: CJ. Good hearing from the excellent comments, and just to help you, maybe you have a different perception on California Proposition thirty six, which was the ballot amendment that would roll back the Proposition forty seven, so called criminal justice reform. It passed. The anti crime proposition passed in California fifty six percent of the precincts reporting seventy percent of the voters said yes to Prop thirty six twenty nine percent. Now, so they the residents of the state of California, know what's good for them as opposed to what their elected officials thought was good for them or what they previously vote on in connection with this so called criminal reform. Let's get Bill's call for we move on. Bill, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Wednesday to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm a little.
Speaker 17: Bit giddy this morning, but so as bad as I hate CNN, I couldn't resist turning them on this morning. And so it reminds me that this is like you get up from and look back at the toilet bowl and pull the lever and watch the extrement swirl down. But how did we do on Senate and House races? So focused on the presidential results?
Speaker 6: How did we do?
Speaker 17: I've not dug into that yet this morning.
Speaker 7: Can you kind of cut me on that one.
Speaker 3: As of right now, it's been officially called Republicans have fifty one seats to Democrats forty two, and again there's a few left in play that have yet to be decided, although you can count on the Republicans winning the Senate, so we got that to look forward to. And in so far as the House is concerned, as of right now, it looks two hundred Republicans they've gained two Democrats are right now at one eighty eight they've lost to and so again a handful that have yet to be decided in some of the where the votes are still rolling in, but leaning Republican, that would be a clean sweep, and I think we all like to call that a mandate. So rest assured It's going to be a different world here moving forward from today. A question is what Donald Trump, jd Vance and crew decide to do. And I really truly hope, Christopher offer thanks to the call off of your comments on this. I don't want to hear any gloating. I don't want to hear any I told you so. I don't want to hear any of this. Just you know, let's get down to business, Christopher.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think what President elect.
Speaker 14: Trump says over the next twenty four hours is critical. He has to talk about unifying the country. His rhetoric has to be one of unification. Like right now, I'm not looking for him to ask the question about why Vice President Harris has not conceded the election. She's licking her wound somewhere and she's going to have to come out soon enough, and he's going to have to certify the election. Christopher, She's going to have to certify the election. She's gonna have to be there on January the twentieth. I just get done saying, don't gloat, but I'm sorry, I do. Take a little bit of joy.
Speaker 3: There's joy, joyful Kylaris go to certified Donald Trump.
Speaker 14: And So this is the time for you know, President elect, Vice President JD. Vance and everybody around them to make sure that they're talking about how they pull together an administration and move the country forward. Because clearly, I'm gonna build off what CJ said. They spend a half a billion dollars on abortion, half a billion dollars. And I tell you, as I spoke to voters yesterday, I heard over and over and over again, I'm a Democrat, but the Democratic Party has left me. I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has left me out there there talking about transgender people swimming in pools with my granddaughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Now, I'm telling you that the people will say this to me. They say, I support the LGBTQ plus community. That's different, That's totally different. They know you saying I want a transgender person in the locker room with my daughter or.
Speaker 3: Competing against your daughter. You know, come on, man, you know, and they say, you know, misogyny. And you know, a lot of black men went Republican. This I saw. I showed you the headline on that. He really Trump really made some inroads on that. And I would think and even the hispanicly these same thing big inroads in the Hispanic community, and it's something I've been talking about for years now. Those are I mean, traditionalist minded people insofar as gender is concerned. Now again we can all be accepting that everyone gets to choose in this country the direction they want, whoever they want to sleep with. I personally have really never cared if it's behind the bedroom door, man whatever. As long as it's consenting adults, and I underscore the word adult, then go ahead. This is the world we live in. But insofar as my right to decide what is appropriate, I don't want a bunch of Johnson's hanging out in the in the girls locker room. I have a daughter. I would have just I don't. I would have been beside myself if she was, you know, an eight year old, nine year old and had to face that reality, I'd have been freaked out. And I think a lot of people felt the same way. It was a bridge too far, bridge too far.
Speaker 14: And I think what we're gonna find I'm not this brilliant poster out here who was paid millions and millions of dollars to be wrong, But I think what we're gonna find out is income people who do not have a college education, who get up every day make eighty ninety one hundred and fifty thousand hundred with overtime. Middle class America said the Democratic Party left them.
Speaker 2: They did not leave the Democratic Party.
Speaker 14: And whether they're black or white or Latino, they voted their pocketbook.
Speaker 2: They didn't vote the wedge issue of abortion.
Speaker 3: And that was all we heard from the Democrats on a federal level. It was a dumb argument to make anyway, because not a damn thing the federal government can do anymore after the Dobbs decision, So move that aside. It's still really all they ran on. Kamala Harris didn't really run on anything, nothing, just this joy thing that didn't seem to last very long, pivoting over to calling people garbage and Nazis. You can't win on that kind of negativity. Six sixteen more with Christopher Smith, and your phone calls are welcome. Chris and I be happy here. Christopher and I will be happy to take five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk. Schedule yourself at a pointment the Chimneycare fireplace and stove. Keep pressing the issue of safety. As fireplace season fast approaches, you're going to want to enjoy that comfort. Make sure you can do it with peace of mind. Safety is key when it comes to fireplaces, free standing stove, self feeding, wood waste pellet stoves, any of the above. They have to vent properly. You got to worry about carbon monoxide. And I always like to put a plug in for you getting yourself a carbon monoxide detector. It's a low price investment in your life. Your entire family's life should be care fireplace in stove a plus with the better business career literally does everything, sweeping, re lining, captain damper replacement, servicing. Gas fireplaces needs service and inspection as well. And thank god I called them because that's how I well probably kept my house. I'm getting burned down. Don't use it, Brian, it's dangerous that out went the old in went the beautiful new fireplace insert. I just love that thing. And they can install one of those for you, so why not do it now? Call them for an employment. You should and get your dryer vent cleaned out. If you can't remember the last time that's happened, it's clogged. It's costing you too. Much money to dry your clothes, and that also is a hazard as well. Clogged dryer events. They clean those out five one three two four eight ninety six hundred, five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Learn more online check it all out a chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: The election may be over here.
Speaker 3: It is channel nine first one to weather forecast. That's got rain this morning, some showers high as seventy with the clouds later today over nine, cloudy skies, isolated shower sixty one sixty nine high tomorrow with rain. A little bit of rain depends on where you are. Otherwise partly cloudy overnight forty eight with a few clouds in on Friday, sunny day sixty five sixty six degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic.
Speaker 11: Update, Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center of bung cancer screening saved.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking.
Speaker 11: Called the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five to one three five eight four long. That's five one three five eight four long North found seventy one blocked off at Pfeiffer due to an accident at two seventy five, although just within the last couple of minutes I've started to see a little bit of traffic move through the area east and west two seventy five s ramps are still blocked at seventy one.
Speaker 2: Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Coming up in six twenty two fifty five Karsite talks station five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk listener lunch. We will be in a mostly celebratory mood this morning or today listener lunch. Ron's or is if you can make it in studio, spending a couple hours talking about politics. Christopher Smitheman and former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and mister smither vent every Monday here in the morning show. Christopher, you being a financial planner at your job, that's what you do. Do you notice the futures this morning? Dow Jones industrial futures up twelve hundred basically almost three percent, s and P up two and a half, NASDAC up almost one point nine on the victory.
Speaker 14: It's something that we haven't seen like in my lifetime. Maybe one other time I've seen the seen the futures up up this strong.
Speaker 3: In the aftermath of a presidential election.
Speaker 14: I'm talking about anytime. Oh wow, I'm I'm talking about anytime. This is what's happening right now is historic because what you're seeing is this this relief. This is my speculation that you know, this unrealized capital gain discussion of twenty percent is off the table. People are their houses where you know, Vice President Harrison, if you've got a five hundred thousand dollars house, you know you're gonna owe me one hundred thousand dollars whether you sell the house or not. And that includes on people's portfolios or long term capital gains.
Speaker 2: Aren't going to twenty eight percent. They might even be going lower.
Speaker 14: They might, you know, President elect might bring us from twenty eight to eighteen.
Speaker 2: He's talking about this stuff right now.
Speaker 14: So people we think about where the oil industry right now, because he's saying, drill, baby, drill, the Alaska pipeline, you know, fourteen fifteen thousand jobs. He's saying, I'm going to bring those things back online. So you have this market that's saying we've been lied to, meaning we thought this race was going to be close all this trillions of dollars that are on the sideline saying the world is coming to an end, and now they're all diving in all at the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you expect energy socks, for example, will be a great thing that you know, if you had money in it yesterday or the day before, maybe a little late this morning to get money in it. But yeah, the opportunity for them to grow and for us to have you know, greater actress access to a broader spectrum of energy production is going to be great for our country. It'll be stabilizing, it'll give us a leg up in terms of, you know, relative to all the other countries in the world. And maybe maybe and you know, I can dream this morning along the lines of what the Trump administration might do, and I don't know how full on against the whole green agenda they're going to be. If they'll take a baby step approach and pair it back, or that this be full on let's just not even fund it anymore. But my hope is truly that they really back off in large measure on that nonsense, because honestly, I think it's the biggest global scam ever perpetrated on mankind.
Speaker 14: But what we've seen over the last four years is these are just facts. A lot of regulation on our economy, and what I think the futures are saying is those regulations are leaving and the people who've been propagating it. Meaning what you're going to see over the next week or two oh house cleaning, resignations, DOJ resignation, DHS resignation, IRS resignation, FBI resignation, Secret Service. I mean, you're going to see people tendering their resignations in such a big way because they know on January twentieth they won't have a job.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do it. They're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Now, although we re design now and then the move to countries that don't have an extradition agreement with the United States. More with Christopher Smithman and you free to call. Don't hesitate to call just because Christopher and I are here having fun with the outcomes. Maybe you got a different perspective, Maybe there's a specific race you want to talk about. Well, as long as it's not anything in Hamilton County apparently, But I'll be right back after quick. We're here from my friends at Emory Federal Credit Union. Today, it's time to maybe get a personal loan. Do you need any money for well, the holiday times, cash for travel, home improvements, just something that will generally make you happy. Well, I'll tell you what Emory Federal Credit Union membership comes with its benefits. I can talk about that all day long. I've been banking with them for a long long time, and right now members can get one point eight five percent off the already low interest rate for a loan. So get a holiday loans, a personal loan from Emory Federal Credit Union. So for more information to apply for the loan, to learn about banking with Emory, contact any Federal Credit Union branch or apply online. Simply go to EMORYFCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org. This offer ends December thirty. First hurry up. Certain restrictions apply, of course, get that on the website. Mlis number four zero one zero, it's seven federally insured NCUA, and they are, of course an equal housing lender.
Speaker 19: Fifty five KR Session nine first one to Wether forecasts a few showers today this morning anyway and high seventy cloudy overnight isolated shower sixty one tomorrow, rain in the morning in some places, sixty nine for the high with clouds over.
Speaker 3: Night, forty eight with a few clowns. Friday is going to be a sunny day going up to sixty five. It's sixty six right now, and it is traffic time.
Speaker 11: From the UCF Traffic Center, I'm on cancer screening Save lives if you're a fifty year older and have a history of smoking, calling University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long. That's five one three five eight four l U n G. New problems northbound seventy five. There's an accident above Ezer Charles Wright. Two lanes are currently blocked off. Traffic packs into downtown northbound seventy one. I've heard talk of traffic starting to move again with the accident in two seventy five. So far, at the moment, I'm not seeing a whole lot of movement blocked off At Fifer Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six thirty one fifty five KR. See the talk station in a largely celebratory mood here and look about Carrisey Morning Show Brion Thomas along with special guests in studio spending some time talking about the aftermath and what might be Christopher Smithman, former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. And we always love phone calls here, at least I always love phone calls on the Morning Show, particularly when they come from What's SAYI, Jim, mister Chuck, commander, welcome back and it's good to hear from me. Am. I going to see you at Ron's Rus today for a listener lunch. Jim.
Speaker 18: Yeah, if I can get the shoe off of my butt that we got kicked locally last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. I don't want to talk about local.
Speaker 12: Different subjects for a different day, but I want to talk about the houses that we have.
Speaker 18: You know, back in when Bush had all three and then when Obama had all three, you know, Obama got Obama care put through.
Speaker 12: That's basically all he did.
Speaker 3: You know that what he had all three.
Speaker 18: Houses, and Bush they just sat back for two years and gloated about the fact that hey, we won, we got everything going. They didn't do a damn thing. I hope, and I think I know better. With Trump, he goes hallwild and goes nuts about the fact of getting things done the first two years, and I don't think he's going to sit back and gloat and say, hey, you know I won, you didn't kind of a thing. I think, you know what you guys are been talking about. By the way, good morning, Christopher.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: I think with.
Speaker 18: Oil thrilling and everything else, I think we're going to see a big, big change in this country that we wouldn't have seen if Harris would have won, because the House would have been split, and there's just no way.
Speaker 3: That anything would have got done. I think right.
Speaker 18: Now, with or with Bush, it was a long night Trump. Which is with Trump having all three, I think it's going to go crazy. I think we've got some really good people in there that are business minded, and I think that's really going to.
Speaker 3: Take off well. And since the Republicans now control the Senate, we're not going to have to deal with Mitch McConnell anymore either. Oh that's great, isn't it.
Speaker 20: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: So he's out.
Speaker 18: Just just standing there, and I know I'm not going to pick on him for his his mental problems. So he's got going on right now, because that's a shame that just comes with age. That's why we need a term limit. Somewhere along the line. But anyway, I just wanted to point the point of making it that they they need this, they need to step up, they need to get something done, because we've got a real good chance here for the Republican Party in the future of gaining a lot of seats, because we can show the American people that the Republican Party can do something once they own all three.
Speaker 3: Well, I agree with you. The opportunity is right there in front of them. It's only the Republicans to waste. And they better get in the back room, sit down and look each other square in the face, and remind themselves that this should not turn into something like we've got here in Columbus, in the state of Ohio, we don't need to have to herd cats among our own party members. Let's get on board. Let's start with the top five absolute priorities or something along those lines. Let's get some legislation in front of us, like bring back the border security bill that the Republicans passed previously. Now it'll least advance in the Senate. We'll see whether or not it passes. But you know what, with Democrats feel in the sting and recognizing that immigration was one of the reasons they lost. Maybe maybe an immigration reform bill that had some actual teeth like the ones the Republicans passed in the House previously, maybe it could pass in spite of the filibuster. I want to have to get rid of the filibuster to have that happen. And it shouldn't have to happen if the Republicans wake up and realize what they are facing and what they got.
Speaker 18: I mean, they should really wake up and see what they've got going and what they can do, because people will follow this in the future. But you know what, January twenty, first, start building that wall, I mean, go crazy on that wall. And then of course dig drill, drill, baby drill. I want to see productivity by the Republicans to get things done.
Speaker 3: Joe Dreker just chimed in bring back the Keystone pipeline. We can do that too, Jim exactly, chin up. I know. The Hamilton County just it's like bring the last person, bring the flag out when you come beyond that. Lots of reasons to celebrate, and I am very much looking forward to seeing you at Ron's rous today, brother, and thanks for being truck Commander it takes folks like you to make an election work. And thanks also to all the poll workers that were out working yesterday six thirty five more with Christopher Smithman in studio and your phone calls feel free five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk and a word in for my good friend Susette Low's Camp. She's awesome at what she does, and that is mortgages, mortgage related issues, anything. You're in the best possible hands. First off, you're dealing with the sweetest, nicest, kindest, best customer service person in the entire mortgage industry. I can say that with absolute confidence. I've been speaking for her on her behalf for years and years, and I am glad I get the opportunity to steer you in the right direction. Do you think for a moment that I would tell my daughter to call someone that I wouldn't call. That's why she called Susette Low's Camp listen to dad's advice, and she had financing locked in. I think it was only a couple of days they had been dealing with the bank, and you know what it was like. I don't know what's going on the dragon their feet, they don't seem to be real. Hurry, my daughter in a hurry, So over and done with. By working with Suzette Lowe's Camp, she's with Cross Country Mortgage, Meaning if you're listening to my voice, you're in any one of the fifty states or Puerto Rico. She can deal with more mortgage issues there, and you're never gonna have to pay a junk fee. You're never gonna have to pay an application fee. So, whether you're trying to buy a house, access some of the money you've got built up in terms of equity in your home refinance, whatever it happens to be, if it's mortgages, thinks Suzette loads of camp. Call her any time of day. She's wonderful about getting right back with you. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or send her an email same thing. In terms of quick turnarounds, who's att dot Low's Camp. Losc Kamp's at dot Low's Camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC celebrate this.
Speaker 3: Nine for forty oneve wor cast today. We got a few showers this morning high at seventy Otherwise today sixty one overnight with isolated showers, sixty nine high tomorrow with rain, they say in the south in the morning. Some chance of rain anyway. Overnight low forty eight with a few clowns. Friday is going to be a high at sixty five with sunny skies. It's sixty five now. It is time for traffick.
Speaker 11: Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center of buon cancer screening saved five if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, called the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center and five one three five eight four long. That's five one three five eight four l U n G. Cruise continue to work with Rex northbound seventy one at two seventy five. The ramps from two seventy five to northbound seventy one are blocked. Northbound seventy five. There's an accident above Azer Charles that's backing traffic into downtown. The latest is in the block one split on northbound seventy five.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ingram on fifty five k R and see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Sixty one I fifty five kercite talk station. A very happy post election Wednesday, heaving Fuham, my dear friend, our dear friend, remember the community Christopher Smith and former vice man in the city Sincenai, sitting in studio talking politics and uh uh we were talking about the the the the upcoming house cleaning that we expect here and the federal government. Now that we have Trump. Oh and parenthetically all of the mainstream left wing outlets have now officially called it. There is no longer any question mark MSNBC when they declared Trump has won, and you know full well got a little pivot over in the House. Currently Republicans two to three to Democrats one two five flip Republican Senate now one up at fifty two Republicans in the Senate to the Democrats current forty two. A couple of races still on play there, and of course a couple of states still waiting for the final votes to come in. But Donald Trump has won not only the popular vote, but also of course the electoral college vote, disappointing so many Democrats who'd love to get rid of the electoral college. He won by more than four million votes nationally, and you know those national polls. We always talk about polls and joke about him and have question mark floating around about him. The national polls were always a little bit heavy for Harris, just to nationally she he's ahead two points. So let's go to the phones real quick here five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk. Will you be at listener lunch day? At Ron's rused cribbage, Mike my submarine or.
Speaker 21: Friend Brian, you know, And I figured this is perfect timing. So at least this month, the next month listener lunch being in Hamilton County, Molissa Powers will still be looking out for so who knows what our next return will be.
Speaker 3: But I know is that the most disappointing thing. You know, I would love to be in just an absolutely overwhelmingly gleeful mood or joyous mood this morning. The only thing that's tempering that is, you know, you just bring the flag out. Hamilton County has just gone full on dark blue.
Speaker 21: You know, it's tough to take even any solace, and that that was only a two point loss. But as you and Christopher have said already this morning, just the quality of people, you know, it wasn't a matter di versus are just the quality of people, and people just finally need to look pay off that. Hopefully maybe in the next four years that will go down too far as they can see the error other ways. But in that light, I would like to roll out the red carpet. Now you can't come across of course, Big MacBridge. Roll out the red carpet on Columbia Parkway for any Hamilton County residents that would like to visit Ruby Red Claremont County, because you know, it's just a shame what's going on there. We all were born and raised there. It's not the same, but hopefully we can stend the tide in these next four years. But I also want to give a huge shout out. I'm a voting location manager of four precincts in Claremont County and I couldn't be any more prouder of my team. And I know for all of the poll workers. Since early voting, we don't have the big morning rush in the afternoon going home rush, but yesterday we did. It took us an hour and a half to knock down that line with my eighteen poll workers, but I was so glad to see that kind of turnout. We almost doubled our last presidential election. I saw nothing but good signs there concerning that. But the also thing, we had so many people volunteer the poll workers. I actually had several rovers in my precinct to handle the crowd, and everybody was smile, We've all been there. Your wife's done it, Brian, Oh yeah, And just what a day it goes. That was fifteen hours were I hit my team there a little bit before five point thirty and we turned out the lights at eight thirty pm last night, and it really just flew by. I mean, it just is a tremendous opportunity. And for the first time in my eight years, I actually had three people come up to me and say, we love coming here. How can I be a part of your team? And I gave out the cards and they'll be delivered to the Claremont County Board of Elections today. So just to see that civic involvement, and I think also people wanted to be involved to once again take this country back and maybe one county at a time.
Speaker 3: Well, every little bit counts. And of course, on behalf of the fifty five Casey Morning Show, jose Treker me and all the listeners a sincere thanks to you and all the folks who worked the polls yesterday. I went out of my way to thank them multiple times when I cast my vote yesterday, and just appreciate the efforts both sides of the political ledger. That's no place for politics. That's the point of being a poll worker. And sure that integer to the art.
Speaker 21: Know I told you in person, but I also want to out here on the air. Can't thank you enough for your common sense analysis each and every Monday morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir, Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, I'm lucky to have Christopher join the program, and I agree with you completely on that. See you at lunch and expect to get my butt kicked again at cribbage with you Todayage Mike. I love your brother, reason that maybe we'll see you never throw. You promised me you'll never throw a game, and if you ever do, Man, I'd never forgive you. If you did that. Good for you, brother. We'll see it a few hours six forty six at about Garze the dog station. Feel free to call. We're gonna hear from Jack Atherton after the top of the art news Trump's historic realignment. The subject of Jack Atherdon's commentary, which I love. Every week, Christopher and I will be sitting here enjoying the conversation with him. I hope you can stick around a little bit more to talk about before then. In the meantime, for more than seventy five years, the well, the great people, third generation folks at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, taking great care of you their clients. That's what they pride themselves on, excellent customer service leader. They happen to be in twenty four hour days, seven day a week emergency HVAC service, So find them online. It's so easy to do and all these services that they offer. And I've been pushing the idea about getting a new air conditioning unit because it's a great time if you have to do it. I know it's never a great time to have to replace your air conditioning unit, but why not do it now and take advantage of a twenty one hundred dollars savings. That's the cool carrier, comfort rebate carrier. The folks that invented air conditioning make a superior unit. Ed it would be wonderful to have one if you have to buy a new one. Of course, Zimmer can service what you've got. They service multiple different brands. They have maintenance programs that keep your system lasting longer. They keep it clean and efficient, and that's what it's all about. So take great care of your system, simply relying on my friends at Zimmer to do that. And learn more about what they do. Go to go zimmer dot com. Schedule appointment right there from the web page go zimmer dot com fifty five the talk station.
Speaker 2: We hear a lot from our patients. After we've set.
Speaker 3: Weather time channel nine. Tell us this we at the morning rain. It'll be cloudy and we have I seventy today. Overnight low is sixty one with biddy skies and isolated showers. Sixty nine to high tomorrow with rain in various locations. We'll call it scattered rain overnight, a few clouds forty eight for the low. Friday is going to be a sunny dagg going up to sixty five. That's about sixty five right now. What's going on with traffic? Check from the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: I'm on cancer screening Saved vibes if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, called the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long. That's five one three five eight four l un g cruise continue to work with an accident or abound seventy one at two seventy five. That traffic backing up towards Peiffer the east and westbound two seventy five rams the north seventy one are blocked because of the wreck North found seventy five. There's an accident above Azan Charles and now one in the Blackland split Chuck King Bramont fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Coming up on six fifty two five kir Ce the talk station Christopher Smith and joining me Brian Thomas in studio and assessing the wonderful victory for the Trump team. It looks like a clean sweep house, Senate and presidency. What will the Republicans do with this opportunity? Let us not squander it if I can give them advice ahead of time. Over to the phones we go, before we get to Jack Addan at the top of the our news, Time for calls. Let's take Candy's call. Candy, thanks for calling this morning, Happy Wednesday to you, Thank you.
Speaker 20: I want to make a point to thank Christopher Smitherman. I enjoy his heartfelt every Monday. Thanks just caring, and I thank you. And I was a poll worker yesterday and I saw many people and I did my own informal looks. I was a stub table and I saw many people carrying Republican ballots in their hands leaving, and I saw struggling Americans with their walkers. I saw many people of all kinds, and I was wondering, could we do a Orlando Sanza call? Many calls to Governor de Wine? And do you think that if we did a campaign of that, would that sway him? Maybe to put Orlando Sanza in Oh.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be beautiful? Right now? According to the reporting I saw for a Newsmax this morning, it was just from this morning, it suggested that he's going to choose his good longtime buddy Rhino Matt Dolan, State Senator Dolan to fill the seat. So yes, pressure on Mike Dwine would be welcome. I'm not going to stop anybody from going down that road, and I think it can only help at least put the bug in his ear that there's somebody better to choose from than where he's leaning right now. But it is Mike de Wine we're talking about here, Candy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, So when does he have to make that decision?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't know. I presume it's in advance of January or January twentieth, when the swearing inn is it takes place, because of course these are just.
Speaker 20: Hope, so hopefully at least a month or two. Uh, I'll hang up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I think that's where we are. Appreciate the call, Candy. Good to hear from you, and the other one a huge, huge, and I have shot in Freud here this morning, real quick issue one got shot down fifty ford to forty six. In spite of all that money that was pulling in. That French billionaire or Swiss billionaire rather wasted the money he spent, as did all the other left wing organizations. Luke, Welcome to the Morning show on a happy Wednesday to you, booring Brian.
Speaker 16: I'm just telling just you know, the optimism in the Patriot is. I believe you're on field this morning with RFK Junior, with Ray Grahmaswami, with Elon Musk, with with Trump being the leader, I just feel so optimistic about you know, America is the greatest country in the world. I do believe that we should put our own country first as well as these big businesses, big corporations, pharma, they're they're putting health second in negating.
Speaker 12: Their responsibility to make sure that the American.
Speaker 16: People are taken care of and treated correctly. If the government makes no money, it is our dollar that supplies every single freaking thing they do.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, they can respect the tax payer.
Speaker 16: And I believe with the cabinet and and and that what we have here and it's our job as a citizen to hold Trump responsible. I believe that he's he's naturally going to do so, Eli, and but Baker not, you're going to do so. But if we put him in there, and they should fight to have our food as clean as possible, our tax dollar used as the most efficient freaking way as humanly possible.
Speaker 3: And I'm optimistic they able to do that at this point right now, Luke, I share your optimism, and look, listen to the litany of folks you just rambled off in terms of potential cabinet positions, not DEEI hires, not fill in the check the appropriate box, hires brilliant people, brilliant, capable, successful business people who have seen the ups and downs, the goods in the good and the band of governments, who've had to run their own operations and run their own businesses, know where they can find efficiencies and know that where they can cut fat. Not just cause you know, oh, I was the first gay mayor of some random town somewhere. How does that qualify you for a high public office. You know, I'm guessing it doesn't. I think the American people just told us they don't believe it either. So yes, a wonderful cabinet is a great starting point. Fingers crossed, folks. At least we have a measure and a reason for optimism. Also a reason for optimism. Jack add In returns to the program after the top of the UR News to offer his commentary Trump's historic realignment stick around.
Speaker 10: Look what happened?
Speaker 1: This is the greatest political comment comeback of all time.
Speaker 13: Two three four times today, fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 10: This report is spunk.
Speaker 19: This is the.
Speaker 1: Greatest political comebent comeback of all time.
Speaker 13: Two three four times today, fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven oh six fifty five krs. The Talks station in a mostly selvatory moved. You're on the fifty five Cassee Morning Show. Given the outcome of the presidential election and the clean sweep Republicans have taken the well, of course, the presidential race, and there's still some House races in play, but as of right now, two four to one eighty two in terms of the House, and the Republicans have already secured majority in the Senate, still hanging there at fifty two to forty two. So a few races still in the you know, in play, but not really. If you look at the leaning, they're they're they're they're leaning pink, in other words, leaning Republicans, So the advantage for the Republicans may be more substantial. To that advantage to the fifty five Krsey Morning Show listeners is it's time for Jack Atherton. We always have Jack on on Wednesdays at this time, and today we'll hear deep thoughts from Jack avid In about the Trump historic realignment. Welcome back, my dear friend, Jack Addid and I love having you on the show, and I got Christopher Smithman in the studio here to enjoy your commentary as well.
Speaker 22: Buddy, I have no deep thoughts on Joe joyful Christopher, what a treat to be able to talk with you. The last time we saw each other was to help with your campaign, and I can't wait to do that again.
Speaker 2: How are you, Oh, I'm doing well, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've had other people text me this morning, Jack suggesting the same thing here, and I'm not quite sure. With Hamilton County as blue as it's gone, and I crossed the board pretty much, defeat for all things Republican in Hamilton County may be a lost cause. Although I try to be optimistic in spite of the darkest times in front of me. But I got more to be happy about today than disappointed.
Speaker 22: Yeah, Brian, I'm going to be joyful. I'm telling you right now, we're not going to talk about Hamilton County. We're not going to talk about Matt Dolan. My goodness, Let's talk about this as honest Abe would have said. It is all together fitting and proper that Donald Trump, who dodged a bullet in Butler, Pennsylvania, will now help America dodge a.
Speaker 2: Whole hall of bullets.
Speaker 22: No more talk of packing and destroying the US Supreme Court, the Senate filibuster that's going to stay to preserve the balance of power. Woke crime written Washington DC, and I mean white collar crime as well as what's on the streets. Washington DC will not become the fifty first state that would hand over power permanently to Democrats, because, as we have seen these last four years, Christopher and Bryan, power does tend to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Can I share with you, by the way, picking up on what that lady said to you a few minutes ago, good news from a local precinct. Amesley and I worked the polls in JD. Vance's Middletown, and my wife, like your wife, a whole lot more perceptive than we are. When I warned during our lunch break that there had been a ton of young women voting, presumably for Iamala Harris, Ainsley turned to me and she said, didn't you see how many of those women are carrying Republican slave cards listing our candidates.
Speaker 2: And so it turned out to be just just wonderful.
Speaker 22: Ran. I may not be able to see what's right in front of my face, but on these big picture segments that you let me do, we do try to learn from history and today. Donald Trump really has altered political history because he has completely realigned America's major political parties. Our first president, George Washington, didn't belong to a party. He was unanimously elected as an independent. Washington, in fact, warrant against what he called factions, meaning party machines. The modern day Democrat party goes back to the generation after Washington. In eighteen twenty eight, General Andrew Jackson from Tennessee stood up to the powerful Eastern bankers who were growing big governments in Washington. Old Heckory instead wanted a party of farmers, craftsmen, pioneers, Americas forgotten men and women. He was a bigoted man, but that's the way it was for the times. He did, however, stand up for the other people in the country who were considered deplorables garbage. Starting with his presidency, Democrats became a popular populist party for most of the next century until now. Today's Democrats do the bidding not of working Americans but of global elites. They ship our manufacturing jobs overseas for dirt chief wages. They crush farmers with needless regulation. They choke off domestic energy and reward donors with trillions of dollars in Green New Deal crony contracts. Democrats teach young women that their most important right is unlimited abortion. Kamala Harris went beyond Roe v. Wade. We've talked about this, We've explained this by refusing a late term fetus, any rights, any recognition by her lights. Democrats teach young men and women that all you need in this life is not love but an electronic device. Now let's see you live in your own fantasy world. Only elites need to aspire to own a home and a car and have a family. Most Americans are encouraged by Democrats to remain what I've called at nauseum on your show for years, arrested adolescence dependent on government, because even with a declining birth rate, they can be replaced by tens of millions of illegal immigrants who will provide menial labor and votes for Democrats. But I remind you again about those women we saw yesterday carrying Republiclican slave cards. Donald Trump, a former Democrat, a Jacksonian populist, says you are fired to the modern day Dems. He says, I'm bringing back America's middle class peace through strength, secure borders, fair trade, equal opportunity instead of handouts for people of every race, creed and preference, smaller government, more freedom. It's that simple this morning, despite lawfare incredible and I think targeted negligence from the heads of the Secret Service and news coverage by networks that we can no longer call the journalists. We can celebrate Trump's epic victory, it really was, but we still have to fight.
Speaker 2: We have to fight.
Speaker 22: Against these elites, so called elites, against their decadent wok culture. We cannot rely on government to do our job as parents and grandparents and citizens, neighbors. It's up to us to teach young people what it really means to be an American. We are a bottom up government. There's nothing wrong with being on the bottom because you're working to get to the top or wherever it is in the middle that makes you happy. We are not, at least today, or at least come January twentieth, top down government. For the next four years, at least we're going to be free to be Americans.
Speaker 2: Well you what, both of you?
Speaker 22: I can't wait to hear from Christopher.
Speaker 2: What do you say, Christopher? Your reaction?
Speaker 14: No very powerful? I think the part about the media media, I wrote down that I had a question about that, asking, Yeah, media was on the ballot, and I think Americans understood that I'm gonna call them out. Places like MSNBC, places like CNN, ABC, the moderators how they were engaging this process walked away and said we we we know that you've you've been lying to us, and that is what And I think that I think that President Trump is going to use these places like X in order to communicate. He's not gonna He's not going to communicate.
Speaker 3: Social X, you know, places where he can get his message out and it won't be altered, massaged, or otherwise, and that's ignored.
Speaker 14: So I really think that that mainstream media was on the ballot, and I think having spent all of that time and all that money saying things like Trump was hitler, he was a fascist, he was a racist, that Madison Square Garden was a ku klus Klan rally, I mean, all of those things were said. But when we wake up this morning and we look at the map, right, the map is red.
Speaker 3: And it reflects that we're smarter than what then they think we are, collectively speaking, we rejected that nonsensical argument and went with what we thought was going to be best for our personal bottom line, and that's Donald Trump, Jack Ada and I. On that media point, I wanted to ask you, because you've been in media your entire life, what do you think that the C and N's, MSNBC's of the world. And I know this may sound preposters, do you think they're going to learn something from this and back off their hardcore political philosophy, which is all they seem to support, and maybe move back to a more centrist reporting function like they're supposed to do.
Speaker 22: Jeff Bezos bough at the Washington Post as a plaything, as a megaphone for his personal opinions, and his personal opinions are to the left of Karl Marx. But as you know, a few weeks ago, Bezos decided that he wasn't going to allow The Washington Post to make an endorsement in this race. He saw what was coming. The others all know what's coming too. I mean, they're not the smartest people in the world. What rights do I have to say that I view them, I listen to them. You do too, But they're told what to say by their bosses. They want to keep their jobs, and they saw what was coming as well. They know better than we do because they knew these polls. I mean that Iowa poll that everybody was talking about the Seltzer pole. It was just phony. It was a push poll. Will they change their ways? The owners are so rich they don't really care about losing millions of viewers and listeners and readers. It really all depends on what they see. There are predictions, there are warnings from people who really don't know that Donald Trump is going to seek vengeance. I think he's going to be too busy trying to improve the world in the country. But if we can look at things like Section two thirty. We've talked about it before and don't have the time to go into detail right now, but that's the provision that insulates social media from lawsuits for things that they post. It's kind of the same protection at telephone companies back when, At and T, big Bell they had, but they were common carriers. They weren't trying to foist their opinions upon us. They weren't censoring people they disagreed with. So, you know, I think that we do have to look into Section two thirty. I think we do have to look into those licenses that were given to the major networks. There's a whole talk, Brian, that we'll have about that maybe next week. Who got those licenses, what did they have to pay for them? How are they supposed to be regulated by the FCC? How is the FCC now totally political? Yeah, there are a lot of questions, but I hope that Donald Trump is going to spend most of his time closing the border, bringing back jobs, peace through strength. There's plenty to do. As Christopher said, the audiences are ignoring the media as it is.
Speaker 3: You'r chana nine first one to well the foroecasts. A few showers this morning seventy for the high, overnight low sixty one with a few showers sixty nine, high tomorrow with morning rain, overnight forty eight with a few clouds sixty five and sunny sky's Friday right now sixty six. Time for traffic from the.
Speaker 11: UCT Trampic Center. Lung cancer sprinting saved vibes. If they're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, call the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five on three five eight four long. That's five on three five eight four l U n G problems continue north Pound seventy one with a reckoned stewart left side that traffic backing up close to the lateral.
Speaker 2: There's a wreck in the clean.
Speaker 11: Up stages northbound seventy one and two seventy five. Right now everything blocked off westpoend two seventy five. An accident after seventy one westbound Reagan's ramp from North seventy one a wreck.
Speaker 2: Chuck King Braman fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven twenty three post election celebration Wednesday, going to go straight to the phones. Former president of the Fraternal oder Police Chapter sixty nine CINCINNT Police Department, Dan Hill's always good to hear from you. Dan, Welcome back to the Morning show.
Speaker 23: Well, Brian, I want to graduate my fellow patriots there on the on the show today. You and christopherk uh great too great to celebrate with. He's all you actually, Jack, and you guys stole a little bit of where I wanted to steer you, which is I want to hear what you all thought about where where does the media go from here? And and you guys covered that, So I'm going to pivot then to something else, although I'd love to still hear more thoughts on the media because it's just to me, it's the neatest part of this. I agree with you, Brian. I think I think Trump and Republicans and even you know, friends and families should should reach out, not be not be arrogant about this at all, really try to to bring the country back together. It's a it's a unique opportunity to to do some things. But uh, you know, the pivot that I I guess I'll take since the media thing got grabbed up a little bit, is where do we go where? Uh, the majority of the country is leaving in law and order again because I think the border hit so much to do with this, and and and that's a big law order issue, right, It's everything that if you can just ignore your borders, you don't believe in law and order, you don't believe in the rule of law. But at the same time, a lot of country's moving more towards law and order. Those pockets of places like our own Hamilton County. I don't live there anymore, but it'll always be near and dear to me is moving away from law and order. I mean, do you how do you pass on Melissa Powers. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I don't get it either. Are people's just sort of blind relationship the Democrat Party not really analyzing how much more how much more benefit it is to having a competent and qualified hard on crime prosecutor in favor of a woman who isn't even in my argument, qualified for the job. I guess what's going to happen is maybe something along the lines of California. Dan remember Proposition forty seven, which was criminal justice reform, where they, you know, decriminalize stealing less than nine hundred and fifty dollars. Guess what, by a vote of let's see, seventy percent to twenty nine percent, they've passed third Proposition thirty six in California, which got rid of basically Proposition forty seven. They were sick of dealing with the crime and the out of control reality of it. Give Hamilton County time to struggle through, well, high crime, no prosecutions, zero bonds, and short prison terms for offenders. It'll get worse, and then I suppose everybody will wake up and say, oh wow, I guess we shouldn't have gone down that road anyway. Maybe you should have paid attention to what happened out of the West Coast where they tried this crap and it didn't work.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I mean the suffering that's unfortunately going to take place is more and more bad guys, gun crimes and stuff are released without bail and now without even you know, a prosecutor that's going to want to go after him.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 23: Definitely love to hear from Christopher on this. The violence that will probably extra more violence that will result because of the because of this very unfortunate vote that Hamilton County took. Because I just don't know where they're going. And like I said, it seems so different than the rest of the country. That is shown once again that law and order really matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm beside myself, And that was I went to bed seeing the completed results from Hamilton County before the presidential election and all the other national election was completely over. So I went to bed with feeling really really depressed, not knowing what was lying in store for me when I turned my phone on this morning. In so far as the presidential election, so at least I got a boost of confidence and enthusiasm and optimism on a broader scale issue one got shot down in Ohio. Bernie Morino got elected to the Senate. The Senate is now controlled by Republicans, and it looks like the House is moving in that direction as well. So celebrate, we will, and we'll just have to kick back and figure out well, wait and see if Hamilton County can figure out a better path down the road. Prepared to ask the last person out to bring the flag. Though you know what I mean, Dan, I do, and.
Speaker 23: Thanks for what you do, Brian, and thinking about you and your health.
Speaker 12: Have a great day.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Always welcome on the show, Dan, I appreciate your comments. Seven twenty eight bron Thomas Christopher Smith and in studio taking phone calls. Dave's on the phone, Dave, I'll get your call when we come back. First though, I want to strongly recommend affordable medical Imaging, where I took my own advice, went and got a CT scan at affordable affordable Imaging Services and saved myself a heap load of money. I mentioned earlier my friend Jeff, who takes my advice regularly and supports the fifty five KC Morning Show sponsors. He saved himself heaploads of money by going with cover SINCEY Jeff specifically, and I got the exact figure, I was off by five dollars. Jeff saved on a CT scan three thousand, one hundred and five dollars. That was his personal out of pocket savings by going to affordable imaging services rather than the medical imaging department, where a CT scan could cost at least five thousand dollars. I mentioned the most recent one with a biopsy. I had the bill, the bill from the imaging department, and I had to go there because the surgeon had to do the biopsy was eleven thousand dollars. Eleven thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: I could not believe it when I saw my own eyes. Whatever. That's why affordable imaging services exist. Echo cardiograms don't pay two thousand, pay four hundred and ninety five bucks two hundred and fifty bucks for an ultrasound. Yes, it is the right way to go. You have a choice. You're allowed to go wherever you want. I even told my doctor ahead of time, I'm going to affordable imaging. She said okay. And did she say anything about the quality of the image or the radiologist support which comes with the price that I just gave you. No, it always exactly like she would expect from the imaging department in the hospital. It's because it is the same equipment. They just keep their overhead really really low, so expect that when you go in, you're all the bells and whistles, but the same equipment. Professionals have been doing this for forty years five one, three, seven, five three eight thousand. Five one three, seven, five three eight thousand. Learn more online about the pricing and everything it's affordable. Med Imaging Doctor fifty five KRC, the talk station ah it's nine first one. Weather forecasts a few showers this morning and a high of seventy. Cloudy sky's overnights to isolated showers low as sixty one rain get in some places tomorrow. I will call it scattered shower as possible showers sixty nine for the high overnight, a few clowns, and a lower forty eight Sunday on Friday with the highest sixty five sixty six. Right now, Chuck, it's going on with traffic.
Speaker 7: Or not.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that happens. I know he's back there. We're gonna go to the phones here. Christopher Smithvan former vice manor of the City of Cincinnati spending time in the fifty five KC Morning Show. We're doing political analysis and welcoming people's comments commentary. So let's go over to the phone. It's got Dave online Day. Thanks for holding over the break, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Hey Brian, thanks good good to be here on the West Side or Cincinnati to listen to you all the time.
Speaker 4: And honestly, me and my girl were just thinking this morning, like, you know why that the media and the Democrats are so out of touch is because God, they lost the Lord. I don't know other than that, because I mean, these people you don't want, you know, as a man, I don't want to have to take my little girl in the bathroom just because who knows what could be in there or whatever else it is.
Speaker 12: Yeah, really it's God.
Speaker 4: I mean, the country woke up to say, look, these people are going in the wrong direction where you know, we believe in power greater than ourselves and Trump was the man to do that for us.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, yep, I agree with you. That is if I think a far more critical issue than the Democrats thought it would be. Is this that woke ideology most notably when it comes to the idea of men competing against women in sports and the idea of men being in a girl's locker room. You know, honestly, I bet you be hard pressed you find the wokest Democrat woman mother out there who's got a daughter, and I bet if you really, you know, load her up with truth, serum or god it. Otherwise, speak the truth across the board without trying to toast some political line. She too would feel uncomfortable about a guy in the locker room with her young daughter. That's a bridge too far. So question out loud for everybody, do you think that Democrats will learn something from this? Much in the same way we asked the question do you think the mainstream media is going to learn something from this? Since they were literally the mouthpiece for this woke leftist ideology that obviously didn't cotton real well with the vast majority of Americans. Donald Trump won the popular vote, Donald Trump won the Electoral College. Appreciate the call, day, I've got to run seven to thirty five right now with your five krs of detalk station. Pete's on the line. I'm looking forward to talking to Pete. If he doesn't mind holding the first USA insallation. They're back ninety nine dollars a month interest free for the ultimate no brainer product at Steve on the program just yesterday talking about it bringing it back, making it very affordable for you to make your energy bills more affordable, saving money every month. You got winter coming, it's going to be cold at you know, regardless of how cold it's going to be, maybe one of his killer winners, like the mid seventies. It may be a mild winner, but I bet your heating unit's going to be on if it is, regardless of what type of heat you have, You're going to save money with the USA Freemium phone. In the exterior walls, he's been insulating homes of late. You know, people want even more insulation, so even new er homes, Ah, they're getting the benefit of an additional shot of USA and the exterior walls. But I focused mostly on mid seventies and before with no insulation, or earlier homes, say, you know, mid seventies or after late into the eighties, you've got deteriorated, old under insulated in that in this wall. So the foam to it. It starts with a free inspection they'll let you know if you're under insulated or not, or if you have none in there. You know you need the Foam and Act now while it's ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and you'll still get the twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year, it's like taking twelve off the top. So get in touch with them online at the USA Insulation dot Net. They'll show you how the product works and answer all of your questions there. Call them up for that free inspection and free quote five one three three eight one three sixty two six three eight one.
Speaker 10: Foam fifty five KRC arriving daily.
Speaker 3: Here's your Brother podcast shown nine says I'm guess a few showers this morning with your highest seventy today, overnight low is sixty one with isolated shower sixty nine with maybe some isolated showers tomorrow as well, forty eight overnight a few clouds, and Friday Sunday sky is sixty five at sixty five. Right now, let's hear about traffic.
Speaker 11: Chuck from the UCT Traffic Center month Cancer screening Save vibes. If you're fifty year old and have a history of smoking, calling University of Cincinnati Cancer Center and five one three five eight four long that's five one three, five eight four.
Speaker 17: L U and G.
Speaker 11: Cruz continue to work with the reck westbound two seventy five before Reed Hartman Tramfik is backing up into Milford.
Speaker 2: There's also a couple of accident.
Speaker 11: It's eastbound two seventy five and near seventy one that traffic is backing up pants forty two in Sharonville northbound seventy five. The slow go out of Florence into downtown. Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven forty Here fifty five kr CD talk station Brian Thomas thankfully with in studio Christopher Smithman, enjoying the discussion what we can expect, what we hope for the aftermath of the election. Of course, if you're just waking up tuning in, it's an across the board suite at least it's looking that way, just waiting on some more of the House races. But Republicans already secured the Senate. Donald Trump just handily won the presidential and not just the electoral college, the popular vote. So no screams and wailing and gnashing of teeth about getting rid of the electoral College. So it was pretty amazing outcome there. Let's go to the funds, I promise PDB first he's been on whole Pete, thanks for holding Welcome to the program.
Speaker 9: Thanks Brian, Thanks both you gentlemen for carrying the torture freedom and all the input that you guys share with us all the time. I like to just say that this is a great day for America, and I think Donald Trump will likely go down hiss as one of the greatest leaders to ever exist. And I think they should take that image of him at Butler, Pennsylvania and start chiseling it in to out there in in the mountains. They're the image of him.
Speaker 3: Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 9: Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see add Trump's image in the image on Mount Rushmore would be the one where he's got blood running down his face with the hole in his ears up in the air. Yeah. Maybe a bit of a challenge from a rock carving standpoint, but I'm not sure to the idea. I know Reagan was suggest that it's being added on there, and that never happened either, And probably you would have dispute with the Native Americans, so I guess they're pissed off over the fact that Mount Rushmore exists in the first place. I liked the idea, though, Pete. I'm glad we're in a salvatory mood today because I was really worried as I went to sleep last night, very worried. Yeah, hard it was to turn my phone on this morning, Christopher when I got up, Ah, I was so worried. But you know what, you know, it's time to not squander the opportunity. You know, he made some significant inroads with blacks. He made significant inroads, of course, I'm talking about Donald Trump with the Hispanic community. The polling data exit polling data suggests he got a huge swath. And Christopher, you were commenting about that to me earlier off Mike about Democrats now having to reckon with the fact that they do not have a guaranteed lockstep group of black people just voting with them simply because they're told they have to vote Democrat.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think minority voters sent a message to the Democratic Party and this realignment I'm going to use that word happened last night. And depending on how they take that feedback, which I think they're going to take the feedback badly. I think that CNN and MSNBC are going to the journalism is dead. I think it's real, and they're going to get into name calling, trying to shame people for saying, Hey, I'm looking out for my family and I have a different perspective. And I think that the Democratic Party has this political plantation mentality where they're saying I'm making all the rules and you're going to follow in lockstep. We saw former President Barack Obama make the mistake on the campaign trail saying brothers, you need to line up and line up behind me. You know, all of those all that kind of rhetoric. Wherever you are, whoever's listening here, there was a clear message set yesterday, and the question is is the Democratic Party is are the is the media listening? I want to say that I think the biggest mistake that the Harris campaign made was early it's and this is down in the weeds, but I believe that when she decided to not pick Governor Shapiro out of Pennsylvania, right a Jewish governor, because of her identity politics, because she was worried about the Middle Eastern vote at the time, and she went with this Minnesota governor that no one had heard of, that she was going to win that state anyway. That was the beginning of her losing the Blue Wall, meaning the Governor Shapiro would have been on that wall up in Michigan, in Pennsylvania, in Wisconsin, connecting with people.
Speaker 3: He's a great speaker, he is there you go. He's far more competent. He would have been a far better selection in terms of qualification, competence and telegraphing the message.
Speaker 2: Telegraphing the message.
Speaker 14: And I think what's going to happen here is that Governor Shapiro is going to be coming out as one of the lead candidates four years from now. The other point I want to make in my observation is that remember President Trump only has four years. This is really important, right, So he's a termed out president. He has nothing to lose. He can never run for re election again. So believe me, you're going to see a very aggressive president on his agenda because no one can hurt him. He's in his eighties. He's not worried about running for anything again. Yeah, and so, and no more Trump derangement syndrome. I mean you can have Trump derangement syndrome and scream about what he might be doing in office in the future, but they have no longer that running you're running against somebody else. They're gonna have to run on their own platform for a change. And I imagine beginning, oh probably today, that the new target and the new racist, misogynist, homophobes, esmophob fill in the blank, for all the negativity is going to be directed at JD. Vans because they know he is popular, he's articulate, he is wonderful in terms of messaging. He will not step back or you know, in fear from interviews, and so he is likely going to be the probably outstanding presidential candidate in the next next election. Here's going to be what I think is going to tell me whether they've learned anything the Manhattan judge, Judge Merchant, who is saying that now President Trump has to show up and be sentenced. What did they learn And so if you see the mainstream media saying we're going to bring Trump in, have him stand in front of Judge Merchant, even though the Supreme Court has said that this case should not go forward, and we're going to try to put him in jail. If you see any of that kind of behavior, I will look at you and say, they haven't learned anything.
Speaker 2: They're not listening, and that meaning.
Speaker 14: There is a date on the calendar where And I'm gonna tell you the kind of a guy I don't know obviously President elect Trump, but he's a guy that would show up for that.
Speaker 3: He probably would would would He would land with.
Speaker 14: The helicopter surrounded by the Secret Service, with the launch codes following him in there with his Manhattan judge saying I'm about to put you in jail, and I just share with you. That's gonna be one of my signs, Brian, did they learn anything from this election?
Speaker 3: He'll He'll have the pardon paper for himself in the briefcase as well. Remain to be seen. Stick around. Rob Ryder's on the phone. I always love hearing from Rob, and we'll do that right after this brief words for Foreign Exchange. I was there yesterday at Foreign Exchange Westchester location. Yes, I took I seventy five to the Tylersville exit, went two streets east and turned down Kingland Drive and had my wife's car service. Yes, I was more than happy. Got to put the top down. I'm not a ragtop guy. My wife is, and she's got a convertible anyway, front spoiler had gotten chewed up on a speed thing and or rather a parking bump, so had it replaced. Also had the leaky tire. Yeah, she was struggling with a leak in the rear tires. So they got that taken care of. It is permanently patched, all to my satisfaction, and all at a much better price. If I'd have taken it to the German car dealership, I know I would have paid a lot more. Oh well, she loves her car and I love her, and I'm glad I have Foreign Exchange because I love them too, saving me and my family lots of money over the years. Because that's the bottom line. At Foreign Exchange, you get ase certified master technicians working on your car. You get a full warranty on parts and service, and they don't charge as much period, end of story. And they'll handle all kinds of cars. You got, your German cars, your Asian cars, your British cars, exotic, run of the mill, doesn't matter. Get in touch with them at five one, three, six, four four, twenty six, twenty six five three, six, four four, twenty six, twenty six online foreign X for the letter Act.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC William is one of millions of a.
Speaker 3: Here's your jenn nine first morning wether forecast showers this morning and we have a highest seventy with some clouds today over nine flidy sky, sixty one for the low tomorrow can have some morning rain in some places. Sixty nine for the high over nine down to forty eight with a few clowns in the sunny day on Friday with the highest sixty five sixty six degrees high for traffic.
Speaker 11: From the U see how tramping center I'm on cancer screening save lives if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking called the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long that's five one three five eight four l U n G west End two seventy five.
Speaker 2: Crews continue to work with the wreck before Reid Hartman.
Speaker 11: That adds to heavy traffic out of Milford east to seventy five. There's a wreck on the north seventy one ramp, and one before you got the Montgomery there's a wreck on forty eight. It's seventy one Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 3: About ker City Talk Station. You're right, Eric, I forgot New York charges of the state, not federal, so he can't be pardoning himself for that. So cause you remain this followed through with it, which I think would be an extraordinarily bad idea given the Trump did take the popular vote as well as the electoral College. Over to the phones, as promise Rob Ryders on the phone, of course, friend, do the entire listening community good to hear back from you. Rob, Welcome to the show, and I'm proud to.
Speaker 24: Be a deplorable where at least I know I'm free. Good morning, guys, we.
Speaker 3: Oh, I forgot. For those who are just tuning in, Christopher Smithman is in studio this morning. We're doing election analysis together with you and the two of us, so feel free to call in anyway.
Speaker 24: Go ahead, Rob Oh, Good morning to you guys. Well, I got three or three or four real quick ones. Number one. I know you've spoke about Melissa Powers. I hope she can remain in the public arena so she can run again. We need her, I agree, you know, and there has been so much complaining from the left when we when when those on the right said that there had been election fraud, I'm glad they didn't start trying to bring that up after they have said there's no such thing as election fraud that, you know whatever. But I hope we can redefine woke. And I think that if Trump is really good and using JD. Vance a lot in more than just the typical vice presidential role, figure out. I think the plan of succession, right, the plan of succession could be very very important to really advance a very good edge.
Speaker 3: Well that's why I put it out early in the last segment, Rob that it is probably going to be JD. Vance who's the new target of the smears from beginning this point forward for the next four years. So they have him all wind up to be the next evil orange man fill in the blank on what they might call him. But that's really what I'm expecting, a pile up of negativity against JD. Vans.
Speaker 24: I think that he can overcome that. Oh yeah, it's amazing, Oh yeah, I am so happy about what happened. I am kind of still pinching myself a little bit. I didn't think it was going to happen.
Speaker 3: Well, I was concerned when I went to bed, but I'm happy man now. In spite of Hamilton County going full on communists, we do have a nation that woke up to the reality is what was going on and did not buy the media narrative, did not buy the idea that abortion is the only issue, realized perhaps that abortion is not an issue on a federal level anymore, it's a state issue, and looked at their grocery bills, their bottom line. They looked at inflation, the price of gas, and the insanity of men playing sports against women and showing up in women's locker room. Right, Christopher at is very very correct. Amen, Brother Rob Ryder, love you man, beyond all that. Guys, I'm with you, my love, your better half. To Rob, you're out of your element. Let's see what Sean's got before we take a great Sean, thanks for calling us morning, Happy Wednesday. Sean. Well you're on.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to ask you a quick question, sir. Mister Smithlman was talking about these people accepting the outcome of the results of this, and I'm of the opinion, sir, that a man convinced against his will is a man of the same opinion. Still, these people aren't going to change their mind. I don't mean to sound negative, but thank you sir.
Speaker 3: Have a good day, Seawan. People do learn from their mistakes, and those who do not learn from their mistakes continue to make mistakes, and we'll continue to lose elections. That's what I see. I mean clearly, the outreach effort worked on behalf of Trump. It was very rag and ask. It was we're going back to the eighties. The Union folks went over to Reagan. They saw a better opportunity. They had a crappy situation under Jimmy Carter and they saw a better opportunity under Reagan. He delivered on it, and he delivered on it with positivity. And that's what I'm hoping that Trump does. No gloating, no name calling, no then and then, none of that stuff. Just hit the ground running. Come out today, tell everybody what your cabinet's going to be. Come out today totally what you're gonna do on day one on immigration, Come out today and talk about embracing this new collective of people across racial lines the name of bringing about a better reality for the United States of America. Because clearly. The population here, the voting population anyway, not happy with the current circumstances demonstrably, So don't go away. We got more to talk about after the top of the hour. News. It's seven fifty five right now. Judge Editapolitano, he's going to chime in at eight thirty as he does every Are you gonna be around the next hour, Joe Christopher for part of it? Great? All right, well we'll continue. Christopher Smithman will remain in studio, which is a joy for me this morning. Don't go wipe right back there we go again, another news update.
Speaker 10: We're going to get all the fox an ear full of information.
Speaker 2: At the top of the hour. I'm going to break it down fast.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report it happened.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest political comeback of all time.
Speaker 18: There's ever been.
Speaker 2: Two, three, four times.
Speaker 3: Today fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 10: It's time to take out the trash.
Speaker 3: Indeed, the Shaiave EIGHTO six here fifty five krc DE talk station. Enjoying a victory lap this morning. For the most part. I know my friends here in Hamilton County got right quite celebrated victory lab completely, but enjoy the broad races. State of Ohio Issue one, Dad Bernie Moreno now going to be a senator, Shared Brown gone, and in the House. In the House Supreme Court, Republicans won all three open seats. Now they have a six to one advantage over the leftist judicial Act of this singular Now, so some great news out of Ohio. Nationally speaking, the Senate now in control of the Republicans. The House still waiting on final results, although advantage Republicans right now where it stands and beyond just winning the electoral college, Donald Trump won the popular vote by more than four million votes, which in and of itself is a truly amazing thing. Got Christopher Smithmen, former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, in studio. We've got some comments and some thoughts to share with each other, and I know Christopher wants to talk about the Trump administration as it moves forward, what they need to do, how we need to solidify the growing number of minority voters who came over across the aisle because they're well, I guess their lives sucked enough that they could ignore this idea that they must vote Democrat Blacks, Hispanics huge inroads with the Hispanic community. But before we do that, let's get rid of the phones real quick.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 3: Dave's on the line, Steve, hang on, you'll be next day. Thanks for calling the Morning Show Wednesday.
Speaker 12: Happy Wednesday, Brian and Chris. How are you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 3: Pretty happy about it?
Speaker 25: Yeah, I gotta tell you, in all honesty, I feel like quote unquote garbage this morning. So there you go. But it leads me to a few questions. One, what do you think the Groover Cleveland people.
Speaker 23: Are doing this morning?
Speaker 25: Are they mad about someone breaking his record over there? So that's my first question. Second question is is uh I think uh, there's probably mixed emotions among the uh, the Joe and Joe Biden camp because you know, there was some bad blood in there for being kicked out. I don't think they're going to be too upset about this result over there, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, I agree with that. It's funny. It's one of the things Christopher and I were just talking about because of the garbage comment, and I out loud said, you know what, I don't think Biden cares he felt, you know what, he's boxer from animal farm Georgia Orra's animal farm. He spent his whole life working for the Democrats, doing their bidding. He did their bid, and then when his time was up, as it was, they put him in a cart and sent him off to the glue factory. And he feels stung and resents that. So, yeah, that's why maybe he you know, I'm not going to say he was aware what period, end of story, but I'm not saying he's aware of the garbage comment would do so much damage to Kamala Harris's campaign, not that she would have won even had he not said it, but that he didn't care, that he didn't mind damaging the Democrat name. He was like, well, screw you guys.
Speaker 18: You know what.
Speaker 3: Screw you guys, so appreciate.
Speaker 18: It, Dave.
Speaker 25: The only the only shame on you I have this this morning is that Hamilton County for Connie Pillachs. What were you guys thinking? What were they thinking?
Speaker 3: I have no idea they weren't, And.
Speaker 2: That's shame on you.
Speaker 12: What were you thinking? You didn't do any research.
Speaker 25: You just voted the name on the on the ballot.
Speaker 12: That's exactly what you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I keep saying last person out of Hamilton County bring the flag because it's gone full on comedy. Appreciate it, Dave. Let's get to Steve, who's been hanging online. Steve, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Wednesday, Happy Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 26: I just wanted to I want to call and thank you for talking me off the letters over the last four years. It's been a tough four years. I can't even imagine my grandkids. I feel like they have a chance now, and I just wanted to thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, you're I mean, you're welcome, Steve. I try to be the voice of reason.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 3: Bottom line is you can't make two and two not equal four. That's the proposition I always bring from my libertarian philosophy is live your life, enjoy it. Don't interfere with mine, but enjoy your life. That's a beautiful thing about America. Say what you want, let's exchange ideas in it in a healthy way, in a nice exchange way. That's the point of you know, living in America. So I'm happy to be here to try to present that logical reasonable at least as I see it. Voice and the lines are always open for people to share an alternative voice, and we can talk about it, and maybe you can convince me that on any particular given point that I am wrong. I'll be the first person to admit it when that day comes. I have changed my mind and my attitude about matters political over the years, so it can be done. I just need to be solidly convinced. And it's never gonna happen in an atmosphere where it starts with you calling me names like garbage and nazi, an idiot and racist and xenophobe and humbophobe, because I'm none of the four going at all. And I got a record to run on to prove that. Steve, God bless you man. Thanks for calling this morning. Christopher.
Speaker 14: I just yeah, I just want to weigh in and share with you that a lot of voters held their nose and voted for Trump, and I think people have to deal with that reality. And you know, President Trump is going to have to be presidential, meaning people are gonna are looking for him to get away from the name calling. Really think about bringing people like Nikki Haley closer. What kind of conversations does he need to have with her? And then be people listening to me to say, no, I disagree. He's got to keep being the same guy. Look, he's got to unite the Republican Party if they have the House, the Senate, and the White House, in order to get things done and to be productive. We don't want to wake up and we have a vote to remove the Speaker of the House as an example. So how he conducts himself is really really important in these next three to four days. The other thing is that I think that Vice President Harris should have spoke last night, and her sending her supporters home, not conceding the election. These are all things that they said that they were looking that that President Trump would do.
Speaker 2: He didn't do it because he won.
Speaker 14: You don't hear that criticism saying when is she going to come and address the country, concede the election, and make sure.
Speaker 3: That hers the crap. They don't need to hear from her. He won, it's already been declared. He's the vic She's gonna have the sun in the bottom line, And when it comes time to certifying the vote.
Speaker 14: I think it's important because this is her message of joy and wanting to have a country that is unified. So she has to send a message to the other fifty percent of the country that this election happened and I lost. These are all the things that they said President Trump did not accept the results. And so now it's an opportunity for CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC to get on TV and say, I accept the results, the popular vote, the electoral process, and we need the candidate that we've been supporting to concede the election.
Speaker 2: So this is going to be a real moment to see if they're able to do that.
Speaker 3: Well. I think they're in no position to argue anything to the contrary given, and I think it's just such a fundamental point. I believe that in their heart of hearts, they really thought, you know what, Okay, we know Kamala Harris sucks. We know she doesn't have anything to run on except her well, her presidential candidacy records. She's running away from everything that they've done over the past three and a half years, the open borders, the WOK policies, all that inflation crime, you know, defunding the police. So she didn't have anything to run and except the abortion issue, which again is in a federal issue. So I think they were thinking it's going to be another twenty sixteen, where the popular vote went for the Democrat Hillary Clinton, and yet Donald Trump still won because of the electoral college. He'd be screaming, bloody murder, but we need to get rid of the electoral college. This isn't fair. Most of America didn't want this guy. He handily won this again, north of four million votes ahead of Kamala Harrison the national vote. And I think that's one of the most surprising elements is when I woke up this.
Speaker 2: Morning, well, I will say that.
Speaker 14: You know these again, these next few few steps that he takes today and the next day, what interviews does he give, how he presents himself to all of the people out here who really support Trump. We should be doing that and we should be sending a unified message because the world is listening. Imagine every world leader right now is on the phone talking to President elect Trump and it's I have a son who serves in the military. He's he's continuing to serve now in the military. I think what Trump was saying that you know, who would send their own child to war. It was what he was trying to send when he was talking about about Liz Cheney. And so we want to see a clear message here that he's going to deal with what's happening in Ukraine, what he's going to deal with what's happening in Israel.
Speaker 2: And I actually think that this morning they're all.
Speaker 14: Resetting because they didn't respect the White House, Brian Thomas, They just these other leaders have not been respecting what's been coming from the White House, and I think this morning there they're going to have to reset how they've been dealing with these geopolitical issues around the world.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously, a call into the White ho House, if you're a leader of a foreign country, most likely you're going to get a surrogate, someone who would be speaking for Joe Biden, not speaking with Joe Biden because of the man obviously stuffers cognitively, and he's not in a position to engage the way he used to be such a long time ago. Let's pause, Luke hang on the phone. Jay and Luke are on the phone. We'll get those calls in before we get to Judge Inn and Apolitano. It's eight fifteen here, fifty five KCD talk station. I was just looking at fast and pro Roofing's website just the other day. I had a reason to do that, and oh my god, you know, there are so many illustrations of the absolutely beautiful work they do. I'm in the craftsmanship. I have a profound respect for traditional Old world type craftsmanship. And I was looking at some of the metal work that they have done. Oh, the copper and the other metal work. The box gutters they do handmade and religned and i hand soldered, just gorgeous. The metal roofs. They show you that overhead view of a replacement of a shingle roof with a metal roof.
Speaker 2: You can do that.
Speaker 3: They do metal roofs. They do every kind of roof. They'll fix your terra cotta roof, they'll deal with your slate issues. And of course, if you need to have a roof replaced, then you're gonna get a shingle roof. Go ahead and take advantage of the free upgrade. You get a fifty year certainty landmark fifty year shingle and you don't have to pay extra for the upgrade from the twenty five or thirty year whatever the lower model is. So they do commercial roofs, residential roofs, and I'm telling you they will not light to you, they will not cheat you. They will not try to sell you something you do not need. And there's so many roofing companies out there that'll be more than happy to do just that. So call them safely confidently, A plus with a better business peer tell Ray and a man of Brian said Hi five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. It's free. The inspection and a quote if work needs to be done is also free, and of course the price is always right and the work superior. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five Online fast and faste and Fasten proroofing dot com.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station the.
Speaker 2: Election maybe.
Speaker 3: UH Channel nine weather forecast says, we have a little rain this morning. We'll move out seventy for the high, overnight isolated showers, cloudy sky's sixty one for the low. We have morning rain on Thursday in certain areas, kind of isolated, sixty nine for the high over nine, a few clouds and forty eight. Friday is going to be a sunny day with the highest sixty five, which it's right at sixty five. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 11: Chuck from the UCF Tramtic Center one cancer screening saved vibes if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, called the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five to one three five eight four long.
Speaker 2: That's five one three five eight four l U n G. Plenty of problems on the.
Speaker 11: Highways this morning, especially eastbound two seventy five, where there's a couple of accidents between seventy one and Montgomery Road. Westbound, the wreck is near Reed Hartman, adding to heavy tramping out of move for northbound seventy one.
Speaker 2: A wreck in King's Mills. Southbounds is Bubbo and Fields, Turtle.
Speaker 11: And Southbounds seventy five, Bubo Paddock, Chuck Ingram on fifty five Kiaros the Talks Theational.
Speaker 3: Hey twenty fIF you have KERCD talk station. Brian Thomas closing out this segment with Christopher Smithman in studio. He's gonna head off on down the road and go back to his real job, but it's been a real pleasure having him in studio, UH doing our analysis of the election and listening to the listeners observations about it. Lamenting the reality here in Hamilton County. I must note let's go to the phone. It's got a couple of callers online. We'll start with Luke Jay. Hang on your next Luke. Thanks for holding there, brother, welcome to the program, Thank you, and good morning.
Speaker 27: I guess I have a two part question. It's about probably the policy that I'm most enthusiastic that that Donald Trump just introduced, and that would be for the Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Elon Musk, right correct.
Speaker 27: So I guess my question would be number one, how do you go about starting the Department of Government Efficiency? And number two, is there a really good chance that he could.
Speaker 12: Get it done?
Speaker 3: I yes to the latter, assuming they give him enough flexibility in control. There's so much fraud, waste, and abused in government. I think anybody with a business background, and as someone who knows as much about building and maintaining an efficient, profitable businessman like Elon Musk, can manage that task. In terms of creation, creating it, Hew, Donald Trump created out a whole cloth with the Space Force. It's a question of getting it funded and with a Republican Congress, a Republican Senate, you've got Republicans across the board. I think that that shouldn't be a difficult job to do. So create the office, fund the office, put Elon Musk in control, and give him as much flexibility as humanly possible, and of course deal with the aftermath of employment litigation when a bunch of people get their pink slips handed to them, because that's exactly what should happen. And as of right now, I would imagine this is like a Oliver North shredding party going on among all these lettered agencies right now. Hurry up and get rid of all the damning information before January kicks in, or we are in a world of hurt and they may still be anyway, Jay, thanks for calling us morning. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 28: Hey, thanks Brian, just real quick, I want to thank you for what you did all the voters, well done. Feel good for fifteen minutes. But do never underestimate the Republicans Party's ability to squander an opportunity, ay Man, John McCain, think about John McCain is the reason we still have Obamacare. The previous So my point is, stay busy, stay focused, take all that energy focusing on the Republicans now.
Speaker 12: The war's not over.
Speaker 28: The other thing is you want to get rid of Dolan and not have him as our next senator.
Speaker 23: Don't waste your breath.
Speaker 28: Email and Mike de Wine, I think jd Vance is who we need to contact. He's in the bully pulpit, who's got President Trump's here. Couldn't call mickem out the wine and say, uh, we're not you know, Dolan would be our Kamala Harris. He's run for everything since a dogcatcher can't win. And so there is a wine rhino going to appoint another rhino, and the people that voted for Dwine there you go. Elections have consequences. So instead of getting two conservative Republicans, we're just going to replace Rob Portman wishy washy, do nothing, another rhino with Dolan. But we clearly said we don't want so stay busy, people, stay on these Republicans. We only have two years. Statistics say midterm elections, the party in power loses control. So we don't have four years. We have two short years to get a whole lot of work done. So get them off their ass and get.
Speaker 3: A move in the Stute observations. Jake Christopher, you.
Speaker 14: Want to chime in, So I just want to say that Governor Dwine is a friend. I certainly will reach out to him about all of this, you know, because he's waking up this morning going, Wow, there was an election. There's some big results, and I'm going to be in the driver's seat about this Senate seed. So I'll certainly reach out to him. And what I want to say to the public is one, we have to use this unification, unifying language right now. We've got to give people an opportunity to govern until they tell us otherwise. Trump has said I'm going to be different, right That's why people now trusted him. He has clearly realigned the constituency of the Republican Party. And by the way, I would always talk to Chairman Alex Trump to Filo, and I would say, Alex Trump to Filo, why are you not doing outreach in Hamilton County to the minority parts of our county. These were conversations that I was trying to have with the Republican Party when I was the president of the Cincinnati NAACP for seven years. Okay, here's what I'm saying. If Hamilton County is going to be different, the chairman, Chairman mock is going to have to do some of the work that you just saw the press do right and realigning and expanding what Hamilton County voters look like within the Republican Party. And if the tent meaning the tent for mister Smitheman, the guy that you're looking at right now, right, that tent hasn't been big enough for me. Right, So as I look at you, a person who supports the LGBTQQ plus community, and I'm saying, why am I not a part of it? I don't care what people are doing in their bedroom, right, my values around, my conservative principles. But that tent hasn't been big enough for your friend, Brian Thomas Sot. Until the Republican Party in Hamilton County really opens up the tent, we will continue to have the kinds of results that we had last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I agree. I just think you know, as I observe it, the tent's always been open insofar as policies are concerned. It's just that the brainwashing mechanism of the Democrats and this long standing argument that blacks are always Democrats and there will be no dissent among them ranks kind of closes people's minds because they're not paying a whole lot of attention to politics anyway closes the people's minds to really considering what the Republicans are offering. By way of contrast, you're right hit the ground running with a positive Reagan like message. Remember how many people within the Black community, the Hispanic community, and hopefully even the Jewish community. I haven't seen any numbers yet. Keep them in the tent by welcoming them, keeping the door open, keeping the conversation going. Don't stop going into black communities and selling your message. That's the best way to build on what started this morning. Christopher Smithman, A pleasure having you in the studio this morning. Always love. I love our conversation and people can follow me.
Speaker 14: I like to say at vote Smitherman, So if you're liking what I'm saying, I like getting that feedback. Unlet's stay connected through through X at Vote Smitherman, Thank you so much, brother.
Speaker 3: My pleasure. Will look forward to having you back on on Monday. Do the smither Man folks don't go away. Judge Ennena Poulatanus coming up next.
Speaker 10: Are you aware of events happening in the world. I wouldn't say I'm an expert on.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's happening in the city.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just I really don't have time to keep up with it because I'm so busy at my job.
Speaker 13: It's time to start paying attention. Checking in at the top end, bottom of the hour. It's time fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 3: Here it is Channel nine first one. Weather forecast. A few showers this morning. We have a high seventy today, cloudy every night, isolated showers sixty one, kind of isolated showers tomorrow as well during the day sixty nine for the high. A few clouds every night. Forty eight. Friday is going to be a sunny, sixty five high day. It's sixty six right now. Chuck Ingram, what's going on with traffic.
Speaker 11: From the UCL Transit Center, mun Cancer Screening Save vibes if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, calling University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eighty four one.
Speaker 2: But Rex, just keep coming this morning. It's very rough on the wet roads.
Speaker 11: Northbound seventy five's ram to eastbound two seven five and west two seventy five is ramp to southbound seventy one. Cruiser are those of the latest and Cruise continue to work southbound seventy five with an accident.
Speaker 2: Near Paddock and one more or just Pabo the lateral. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station, Hey, thirty one.
Speaker 3: Fifty five karsite talk station. It's that time post presidential election day or now we'll get here, Judge Ennen of Politano every Wednesday at this hour in advance. Apologies from Chuck Ingram for not doing a personalized message. He knew you were coming on. It's just that he had so much traffic issues going on here locally, he just didn't have time. It's been kind of a I don't know, I'll use a military term that you might be familiar with. You're honored, Charlie Foxtrott. Kind of traffic situation day here, so i'll extend a poblem.
Speaker 29: I'm familiar with that term. But I'm also spoiled rotten by waking up on every Wednesday morning eagerly anticipating what he's gonna say.
Speaker 3: I know, and I know the comments are always directed to you, But I get as bigg a kick out of him as you do, because Lord knows what he's going to come out of his mouth. So Anyhow, it's always a pleasure to have you on the program. Obviously, I know I've got your column here. What if voting is fruitless? Which is well, the title can serve as an interesting springboard into your response or your reaction to the It looks like a clean sweep. Donald Trump handily one, not just the electoral college, but the popular vote as well, by more than four million, and control of the Senate now in Republican hands by at least a couple We have some ountliars that haven't been settled yet. The House looks like it's going to be in the Republicans' hands as well. I just clearly Kamala Harrison Harris's messages of name calling didn't resonate with the American people.
Speaker 29: I think that Joe Biden has been a terrible president domestically and foreign policy wise. And this was visited upon how who attempted to defend him and couldn't distance herself from him. And the people are sick and tired of Ukraine, Gaza and high prices. I mean high prices are caused by the Fed, the majority of whom we're appointed by Donald Trump. Nevertheless, high interest rates, high prices hit everybody. She couldn't have a clear message on Gaza. I don't know if she agrees with Joe Biden or not. Her husband and her daughters are Jewish, and she frequently retreated to that as a defense to her support of him. Notwithstanding the slaughter of innocence there. Ukraine is utterly indefensible. So the people wanted a change, and they voted for it. I did not expect this at all. I went to bed early and woke up expecting, you know when I usually get up at four point thirty, probably after you get up, expecting, you know, litigation and recrimination and vote counting and recounting. And by the time I finished brushing my teeth, the whole world had declared Donald Trump the victor.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The efforts by the Republicans to get the vote out early, you know, this sort of stop the steal. We need to overwhelm the Democrats with voters, get out early, vote early. And you know, the number of Republicans that came out and voted early, really, I mean historic, you can't even say anything other than that. So they reduced that in a sea change.
Speaker 29: Yeah, in people's thinking, I was thinking about my teenage years of JFK and LBJ and even Nixon. The Democrats never lost as badly as they did this time. The last time they lost this badly was nineteen eighty and nineteen eighty four, both of Reagan's victories. This is a tumultuous trouncing of them, and it should be laid at the feet. As I said earlier of Joe Biden. Now, I'm not a political analyst, as you know. I'm much more on the theoretical, long term what if side of things. But living in the world that we live in and having my own podcast and working at Newsmax, you know you can't there's Chris seeing a squirrel. You can't help but have opinions and want to share your analysis.
Speaker 3: That's mine well and fair enough. It'd be interesting to see all morning long, all the listeners and my guests this morning of all share the common belief slash recommendation that Donald Trump should imediately take the high road, welcome a open arm a new Republican voters who at minimum held their nose to vote for him. He did make some significant inroads in the Hispanic community as well as the Black community. According to the up polling data that's come out.
Speaker 29: I don't think that's in his character. I would advise him to do the same thing. I would advise him to call up people like Governor Whitman of New Jersey and the Congresswoman Cheney and say welcome back.
Speaker 2: But that's really not him.
Speaker 29: He's far more interested in punishing those who irritated him than joining him. But maybe we'll see a different Donald Trump. What will Joe Biden do? Will he invite the Trumps to the White House. Here's an interesting one for you. Will he pardon Donald Trump and save him from having to fire his own prosecutor.
Speaker 3: It remains to be seen. He's still facing state charges though, and I don't think the presidential pardon can reach down to the charges.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it can't, Brian.
Speaker 29: He's facing a sentencing on November twenty six, two days before Thanksgiving. Now I can't imagine that the sentencing will go forward. If it does, I can't imagine it would be custodial. The Georgia case will probably proceed without him. There are sixteen co defendants in that case. The state can try all of them and then either give up the ghost on Trump. The world will be very different four years from now, or decide to try him them, But they certainly can't try him in state court while he's the president of the United States and the case is not ready to proceed in the two months remaining in Biden's presidency.
Speaker 3: Well, turning back to your column, what if voting is fruitless? You ask a lot of rhetorical questions, of course, designed to get people's juices flowing and to contemplate things. And one of the ones I highlight what if the fatal cocktail of big government and democracy ultimately produces dependency. Now you elaborate on that one, But aren't we there already with the number of people who are led to the umbilical court of the federal government to basically live, sleep, and get their clothing and shelter and pretty much everything else. We've given the people the opportunity to choose not to work and yet still live quite comfortably by contrast to the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: You know, in a great book by.
Speaker 29: An Austrian philosopher I'm looking for it on my shelf by the name of Hans Hermann hupa Hoppe called democracy the God that Failed. He argues that when the people realize that they can legally and peacefully vote themselves a share of other people's wealth. They will continue to do so. And Jefferson and Hamilton foresaw this. The two of them hated each other and never agreed in anything except this. When the public learns that the public treasury has become a public trough, they will only send to Washington those who promise to return to them the biggest piece of the pie. And that's what we have today. The government recognizes no restraint on its power to transfer wealth, to start wars, to incur death, to cause death, to incur debt, to spy on everybody, to make a mockery of the Bill of Rights. The government just recognizes no limits on that. Half of the decisions made in the House of Representatives are made behind closed doors. The Democrats vote in lockstep with their leadership. The Republicans vote in lockstep with theirs. Unlike the Senate, there is no debate whatsoever on the floor of the House. Each member is given thirty or sixty seconds. Ask our dear friend, Congressman Messi, how fruitless this is. Some of his most eloquent and articulate speeches were given to an empty, empty House of representatives because they all know how everybody's going to vote. No matter what anyone says, that style of government, secret party oriented, big government, pro war, pro a transfer of wealth will continue no matter who's in the White House and who controls the Congress.
Speaker 2: That's the thesis of my piece. Anyway.
Speaker 29: Now, I wrote that obviously yesterday, before I knew the outcome of the election. Trump may try some radical things. He may try to abolish the Department of Education. He may try to abolish Homeland Security, although I doubt it.
Speaker 2: He likes police.
Speaker 29: The Department of Onland Security employees one hundred and sixty thousand. Did you know this plane clothed cops? Wow, that's that's five times the number of FBI agents there are.
Speaker 6: What do they do?
Speaker 2: What do federal police do?
Speaker 29: They don't direct traffic, they don't investigate crimes.
Speaker 21: What do they do?
Speaker 2: While we don't know?
Speaker 3: Always bringing up interesting points, Judge Unapolitanom, I'm.
Speaker 29: Not trying to give the good people of Cincinnati heartburn. Most of them are probably quite happy at the outcome of the election.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. You can't say that.
Speaker 29: My job is to is to stir the pot from the perspective of a personal beliefs that the Constitution is supposed to mean what it says.
Speaker 3: Well, I will tell you, your honor, if the city of Cincinnati and the county in which it sits, Hamilton County, had its way, it would be President Kamala Harris or President let Kamala Harris H and a whole big blue wave.
Speaker 21: Is true.
Speaker 29: I thought Cincinnati was a Republican.
Speaker 3: Who has not been Republican since Ken Blackwell was mayor back in the nineties. You got a this is this is like four.
Speaker 29: Decades Dennis did Dennis Coucinich win.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't know that's it didn't cross my field of vision.
Speaker 29: He was running as an independent, and he told me he was leading both of his opponents.
Speaker 2: He of course, is the former congressman from that district.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. We have Bernie Moreno is now our new senator in place of Shared Brown, which is a welcome, welcome change in my listening audience. So Joe said, no cacinach lost. So there's a Joe strecker man with them, with the with the instant Internet search. He can answer any question on a moment's no, thank.
Speaker 2: You Dennis is a longtime friend.
Speaker 3: But thank you Joe, Yeah, and thank you your honor. As we usually do, we'll end the program on Judging Freedom, your podcast, which is wildly popular, I know because you have some great guests on and of course always offering your wonderful commentary and insight.
Speaker 29: Who's on today, Oh, I have Colonel Douglas McGregor, Professor John Meersheimer, Professor Jeffrey Sachsville Giraldi, Aaron Monte have my first team on today, not to talk politics, but to talk about Israel, which is really at war with itself right now, especially after the leak of classified documents showing the Prime Minister Netsigyaho sabotaged the peace negotiations and Ukraine is dying in slow motion. That's really where we're going today. But I will ask colonel McGregor if he who was in the Trump Defense Department, if he expects much difference in American foreign policy in the new Trump Defense Department. He'll probably say no, because the last thing Donald Trump said two days ago about the Defense Department was his shortlist was Tom Cotton.
Speaker 2: And Mike Pompeio.
Speaker 29: These are classic warhawks running the department. Of Defense, so World War three get.
Speaker 3: Ready from the man in city would lay hands and solve the conflicts when his first day in office. I've always been wondering how he was going to accomplish that. Well, now we have an opportunity to find out. Judge ended up all Atana, my dear friend. Until next Wednesday, Best of health, thanks for your commentary.
Speaker 2: Back at you, Brian, always a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Take care eight forty four or fifty five care. See the talk station stick around. Got a few more minutes to talk. If you want to call in, feel free to do it, but I'll be right back.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC