Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Michelle Cube's birthday. So I'm Michelle Cube.
Speaker 3: Was a producer on this show for twenty five years and then is now the executive producer. And I want to congratulate Michelle for one of the great accomplishments of her life, and that's having been born. Good for you, excellent job. Okay, And people take off like it's my birthday week. What do you mean it's your birthday week. Well, I'm celebrating my birthday.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to come in this week.
Speaker 3: You know how many times I've taken off my birthday from work.
Speaker 2: Not once.
Speaker 3: I'm just not big on birthdays anyway, Michelle, congratulation on your huge ative.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 2: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, good morning, Homeday, Wednesday, August. And the news just keeps on coming and coming.
Speaker 2: I don't even know why they call it news cycles anymore. We get the mut going here.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't even know why they call it news cycles anymore.
Speaker 2: Amy, It's it's no longer news cycles.
Speaker 5: It's just not news.
Speaker 3: It's just news, which you know, a lot of it has to do with the fact that we get twenty four hour news whenever. You used to do that until the Internet came in and cable TV and CNN started that the entire business, and now it's just gone completely crazy.
Speaker 1: So this is like fire season, yeah right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Three hundred and sixty five days a year is fire season. I don't even know they mentioned fire season. It should be worse and worser, fire conditions.
Speaker 2: Worse and worser, yeah, or horrible and horribler. It's just cut awful.
Speaker 1: Remember when they used to bury news amy, you remember, on like Friday or something.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can't do that because social media, nothing could be buried. It just it used to. They used to try and bury news on Fridays, so it didn't get much play over the weekend.
Speaker 5: And then it was old news by Monday, so you'd move on to the next thing.
Speaker 3: Not so much the analogy here in terms of news constantly and how bad it is, and the fire season, how bad it is. I'm going to analogize it to when I built the Persian Palace twenty twenty five years ago, and the cost of what I put into the house. There were three levels of costs expensive. We started expensive and then punitively prohibitively expensive, and then gee, I didn't know you could pay that much for that. That's where we are at fire season. I didn't know that it could do that. I mean, now taking out entire towns is almost regularly amy. How long ago is it when three or four structures or a couple of homes that taken out were big, big news.
Speaker 5: Oh, it used to be like the and the fire that was in San Bernardino, which is now surrounded, which is good, and I think we lost five or six homes. That was a huge thing. But you're right, like then in twenty eighteen, Paradise was wiped off the map, basically entire town.
Speaker 3: And now all over the country you see homes by the dozens being wiped out. I mean, it's just and that's prohibitively, punitively serious.
Speaker 2: Now you know, we're not already into We're already into. Gee, I didn't know a fire could do that much damage.
Speaker 1: None of us related with that story or that illustration either. I mean, when Tracy and I bought our house, it was like, yeah, maybe we can throw some paint on that, and then was, well, duct tape and popsicle sticks can hold that up. And then there was well, we'll just call it alfresco because we don't have a wall.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: Also, keep in mind, when I did build the Persian Palace, I had already sold three homes, and I upgraded every single time, and I paid off right now, Okay, but no, I'm just saying no.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, no, a lot of I understand. I understand. It's a different world and time. I get that.
Speaker 3: And I was just talking to Lindsay and she says, anybody in their thirties and forties have been completely screwed as.
Speaker 2: Baby boomers who did better.
Speaker 3: You could do that when I bought my first house, I was in my twenties. You could afford to buy a house in your twenties if you are making a decent income. You know, you go downtown Carroll Street. You know those wonderful old buildings, pre turn of the century buildings, and the few that were left standing. I'm talking about houses the city put them up on one streets.
Speaker 1: They're physically they're they're like the Bunker Hill houses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, just wonderful old homes. There's one of them.
Speaker 1: Ever done that? Do it? Just drive through it.
Speaker 2: It's just unbelievable. Okay.
Speaker 3: So one of the houses uh, and it's a three bedroom home, one bathroom because they used to do it. Very small kitchen because that's the way they used to do it. Non existent, Uh, closets because that's.
Speaker 2: The way they did it.
Speaker 3: So one of the homes was bought by a milkman. Milk men remember when they used to deliver milk or you know, my dad, but it used to be that way could actually buy a house. So and you know, milkmen didn't make any money at all.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was one of the lowest paid professions.
Speaker 3: So it's a different world. So so stuff it, Okay, Neil, you have to take what I did in context.
Speaker 2: All right, there is no.
Speaker 1: Context now, Okay, I'm gonna tell you I will take home.
Speaker 2: I am now.
Speaker 3: I am now standing up grabbing my saying bite me okay.
Speaker 1: And the and that's the only thing that makes me feel better is how God ripped your manhood from you at birth.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys. And even with that problem, they cut part of it off. I mean, that's just.
Speaker 1: A little just a little off the top not so much. Okay, I almost got named Handelina.
Speaker 3: Okay, Neil, good morning, Kno good morning, and good morning, and Amy, good morning.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that was my hello back.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Yeah, because we digressed. Oh how unusual digressing. And as we start the show, let's do it, guys, a lot of stuff handle on the news on Wednesday morning.
Speaker 2: Lead story actually kind of a surprise.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Kamala Harris decides on Tim Walls as her running mate. He was the dark horse, he was at the bottom of the barrel, and she ended up choosing him. Now, I don't I don't know if you saw the rally yesterday. I'm gonna talk more about Walls at seven o'clock. That's going to be our lead story when I start talking. But it's did anybody see that rally yesterday? I got to tell you he is. He is so impressive, not in terms of big picture, but.
Speaker 2: Folks see real. I mean, he did not sound like a politician.
Speaker 3: One of the things that Kamala Harris and other politicians it's impossible not to sound like a politician when you're running for office. Almost impossible. Man, He broke through that. If this isn't a regular guy who talks in regular terms, who can talk about the issues and policies and ripping into Donald Trump and using just the word it's a perfect word, just weird, not attacking. Just the guy is weird, and it's just it's wonderful what he did. And I'm you know, forget about the policies, all right, we can talk about that.
Speaker 2: And he is more moderate than she is.
Speaker 3: And of course the personal attacks are going to start, and there were some personal attacks last night.
Speaker 2: It's going to get vicious, There's no question about it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean on both sides, It's going to.
Speaker 3: Be more vicious on Trump's side, He's just more a vicious guy.
Speaker 5: Do you think I think? I think that Tim Walls is going to be the pit bull.
Speaker 3: Okay what I He may be the pit bull, and I'm not arguing that. Let's say he is the pit bull. But the way he is going to do it, amy he is going to do it. He won't be strident, he will be very folksy. He will put it in terms that are I think that everybody can understand that. Certainly the left wing is Harris and the right wing and the evangelicals are are Trump. That's already baked in. So now it's a question of that middle ground.
Speaker 2: And I think that.
Speaker 3: I do believe that Walls is going to relate more to the voter on on a visceral. Hey, you're a regular guy. I'm a regular guy. That's that's what I got.
Speaker 1: I will tell you that I wholeheartedly agree with you. And the whole weird thing. I think that's a more powerful word than some of the you know, the just really mean stuff. It's like, listen, I just the guy's weird. Yeah, I think very powerful in it. I think everybody's I think so, you know.
Speaker 2: It's not attack.
Speaker 3: I think the more strident that Donald Trump gets, uh, and the more personal he gets outside of policy is going to be very is not going to help him. I think what's going to help him Donald Trump is keep onlining. Inflation is the worst that it's ever been in the history of the United States. First of all, there's virtually no inflation. Now it's three percent. It was the worst it was under Biden was nine percent, the worst.
Speaker 1: In the history of the United States.
Speaker 2: Now we've had seven eighteen ninety percent inflation. But what the hell?
Speaker 3: The truth doesn't matter. You know, you don't have a job. The illegal aliens have taken your jobs. No, that's not true. There's no evidence. I know people white people who used to pick strawberries are now out of jobs.
Speaker 1: But how can you say there's no inflation with the when you in another breath, You've got the government looking into the price of groceries to see why it has stayed high for so.
Speaker 3: Long because there was inflation. There was, I'm not arguing there wasn't inflation.
Speaker 1: Still it's under Joe Boss a hell of a lot of money for groceries.
Speaker 3: And it will forever, and it will forever. It will take years for it not to it doesn't go down. I mean, you don't have deflation very often. You don't see prices dropping very often. And it's we have to wait until it's baked in. Right now, interest rates are astronomical for mortgages right well, two years from now, people will already have gotten used to six percent seven percent, which is normal. Three percent money was aberrational. We've never in the history of the United States had three percent for twenty five years.
Speaker 1: That's the issue. Time, But ain't it grand?
Speaker 2: Time?
Speaker 3: Time cures everything, and time is going to cure our perception of inflation and our perception of interest rates.
Speaker 5: The waiting game is part of the punishment. Hesbola leader Hassan Nozrela said his group is going to respond to Israel. There will be an attack, he says, regardless of the consequences, to avenge the assassination of its top commander a week ago. But he says that they're keeping Israeli's waiting as part of the punishment.
Speaker 3: And it's basically what Israel has always done when it was attacked. We will retaliate at the time and play of our choosing.
Speaker 2: Usually it's a couple of days and that's it.
Speaker 3: But okay, maybe they're still trying to figure out what the attack is going to be. Who knows, or they're waiting, but they're taking a page out of Israel.
Speaker 1: I think if they were genuinely waiting, I don't think you would say it's part of the punishment that seems. I think if you'd like Israel, you'd say it'll be at the time and the place of our choosing or whatever, or not say anything instead of oh it's coming, it's gonna be so good. We are so mad, it's gonna happen. You hold me back, You better hold me back. It just seems like a lot of smacks.
Speaker 3: Well, think about this if Israel is now on a war footing full deaf con five, right, just waiting for it to happen, and that goes on and on. You know, the bow string is so taught, and it is. You know, after a day, you're still on that boat string. And after two days I can see you know, the waiting as being part of uh as being part of quote the punishing is.
Speaker 1: A strategy, but you wouldn't say it. And by the way, it'd be defcon one. Flip it all right, Well, thank you? Okay, defense condition would be one I think is the highest. Butte I just think it just sounds a little.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not going to correct me again. Okay, Yeah we are correct No we're not there. No we're I'm correcting you again. Yeah we are, No, No, we're not. I'm sorry. Welcome, you know, welcome back to the Neil Savader Show. Let's continue on with more Savedra on the news.
Speaker 1: Well, it's Kono's turn next time to correct you. So goo alphabetically. US Environmental Protection Agency has issued an emergency suspension first time they've done this in forty years using their their agency authority there for d CPA, also known as dactal and it is a weed kill, and they're saying it's used on grasses, artificial turf crops including strawberries, brussels sprouts, cabbage, onions, that kind of thing. They used to say it was, you know, twelve twelve hours or something like that, that you'd have to stay away from it. Now they're saying twenty five days or more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at the you know, the number of chemicals that are being taken off the market in terms of these weed.
Speaker 2: Killers and.
Speaker 3: Various fertilizers that they're just saying, no, DPA is going no, no, no, no no. The only thing to be left is kool aid. There's going to be nothing left to pour on the plants. You remember, DDT, the most effective pesticide that has ever been invented. You know the problem is it destroyed everything and the bird's eggs weren't hatching and almost wiped out the condors and the eagles and every other bird flying around because eggshells couldn't survive. But you know, it sure worked, and then you had the mosquito.
Speaker 1: Pointed out that red dye forty might be in kool aid. I don't think, but if it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, that's another story too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Huntington Beach is going its own way. The mayor is taking action by introducing an ordinance that would declare the city a so called parent's right to no city. Why because California last month became the first state to bar school districts from requiring staff to notify parents if their child started identifying as a different gender.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is one of stupid upon stupid upon more stupid. I don't know if the mayor of Huntington Beach has any legal background at all, or has ever read or ever taken a Civics class. You can pass all the city laws you want any state law superseds.
Speaker 2: So this is just a statement. I mean, this is just complete crap.
Speaker 3: You can't pass city ordinances that contravene state law.
Speaker 1: It's that simple.
Speaker 3: It's like, remember was it Oakland or San Francisco that declared itself a nuclear free zone and the Feds could not move any nuclear weapons through the city on.
Speaker 2: Federal highways because it passed through our city.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, great, Yeah, you tell the federal government that now you can't use that road.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: What what did in California through Newsome say that we were a sanctuary state. That's different.
Speaker 2: Illegal to come, that's that's that's different.
Speaker 3: No sanctuary in state in the sense that it will not enforce federal law.
Speaker 1: It isn't that illegal to not.
Speaker 3: No, you can know because if if the state does the enforcing, the state always has the ability to not prosecute always always, you know, for example, when it comes to marijuana laws, if federal law says no and state law says yes, it's.
Speaker 2: A question of enforcement. It's not a question of.
Speaker 3: Telling what the Feds they can or cannot do. And it's not it doesn't contravene. It doesn't say that federal law here does not matter. Our law superseds. It says we will not enforce the laws.
Speaker 1: That's help them get a bank account.
Speaker 2: Oh that's different.
Speaker 3: But again that's a question of enforcement. And the Feds, by the way, could stop that cold if they wanted to.
Speaker 2: They could. They just don't.
Speaker 5: Okay, but wouldn't that go then down to Huntington Beach If they don't want to enforce the ban on parental notification.
Speaker 3: But this is a they're doing something specifically that the federal government or the state says you cannot. You cannot, and so there is there is a difference. There is a difference. You cannot act affirmatively in violation of state or federal law.
Speaker 1: If you're a local entity.
Speaker 3: You can say, you know what, going to go out and arrest or stop people.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. You know, for example, speeding laws. You know they have a right.
Speaker 3: Cop has a right not to tag you and tag someone else. And the argument is, well, he was going as fast as I am. We have the right to talk to stop anybody we want.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on.
Speaker 1: Did you feel it? Magnitude five point two earthquake struck in Kern County last night at about nine oh nine pm, southwest of Lamont, a remote area of central California.
Speaker 3: Did anybody feel it?
Speaker 2: I didn't feel it.
Speaker 1: I didn't have the station.
Speaker 2: I did not feel it. I did not feel it.
Speaker 1: I was on a chain. I think it was Nick who reached out to everyone last night, Paglio Kini and was like, hey, did you guys feel it? Mo and Twala and everybody think ye were on it.
Speaker 2: Amy did you you were a sleep at nine? Did anybody wake up?
Speaker 5: I did not? Okay, was down in Anaheim though, okayltic.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good here and I wealth station.
Speaker 2: I go my buddy other room.
Speaker 3: My bucket list, one of my bucket lists is to actually be stooping in the middle of an earthquake, so I can actually say did you feel the earth move?
Speaker 1: Oh? And how would you respond to yourself? Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 5: Remember that old song give me just a little more time?
Speaker 1: Well, give me just a little Yeah.
Speaker 5: The launch of SpaceX's Crew nine mission has been delayed. They were supposed to lift off and head to the International Space Station in the next couple of weeks, but now it's not going to happen until September twenty fourth. And our friend Nick Haig, the astronaut, is on that mission, so we'll be talking to him about that tomorrow and wake up Colline.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Ask him if he's ever actually looked at the word never in the dictionary, because that is what NASA is about to tell us when they're coming home.
Speaker 5: No, they'll get home. They've they've got contingency. It's just not they just don't know if they're going to be on the Boeing star Liner, because they're going.
Speaker 3: To be sharing one packet of raisins old probably four months from now, and that's what they're going to be able to eat.
Speaker 1: But didn't Boeing say that this that the weight was part of the punishment or am I confusing that with a different story? Okay, just stuck all right. So Israel's Israeli Finance minister came out yesterday. He said it's impossible in today's global reality to wage war. No one in the world. I love this. No one in the world would let us starve in thirst two million citizens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you starve. He says, it's moral to starve. By the way, that's a war crime, starving citizens. But it's this is how crazy the Israeli government is. I told you how insane the right wing government of Israel is.
Speaker 1: The rest of it is, even though it may be just and moral into until they return our hostages. But I just like the attitude. It's to starve anybody any more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I welcome to Israeli politics. And keep in mind that Israel in nineteen forty eight was founded as a socialist government and look where it is now. How do you get peace with this kind of thinking? There are a couple of cabinet members who were in prison for anti Arab activities where they actually hurt, were part of inciting Jews to hurt Arabs, went to prison for it.
Speaker 2: Now they're ministers.
Speaker 5: Going after the gangs. Dozens of alleged gang members and associates of a South La street gang have been arrested. Twenty three of them were picked up yesterday. Federal indictments were unsealed against thirty seven of them, several already in custody. They're still looking for eight others. They're all alleged to be members of the South La based Florinda and See A thirteen gang. And during their investigations for everything that go from murder to fentanyl, trafficking and extortion, they sees nearly twenty one pounds of meth, nine pounds of fentanyl, six and a half pounds of heroin, twenty five weapons, and seventy thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are bad, bad people. You do not want to get in the way at all.
Speaker 1: All right, don't taste the rainbow. San Fernando Valley state lawmaker has resumed to push for a bill that would ban public schools in California from serving food or beverages containing synthetic food dies. You know you remember red forty in all yellow five?
Speaker 3: All right, someone has to mute, by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did? I muted? Who did?
Speaker 2: Okay? Here we own you?
Speaker 1: I yeh, I you did?
Speaker 5: I was?
Speaker 2: I'mut?
Speaker 1: Okay, Red forty yellow five yellow?
Speaker 2: Hey back, we go to the story.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, red dye number forty can't be used in California school lunches because I don't know what it does.
Speaker 1: Well, they say that it actually has neurobehavioral It's.
Speaker 3: Oh stop anyway, it's only there to cover up the green on the meat that they serve.
Speaker 1: How much red forty did you consume as a child? Now?
Speaker 2: Clearly too much?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: LAPD is not ready to crack down on party houses. You'll remember that a new measure was passed and went into effect on July first that requires permitting for short term rentals, including airbnbs. Police officials say, yeah, we're not ready to do this. We can't enforce this. They say they don't have the infrastructure, the manpower, and the new law includes a requirement to get a police permit for short term rentals and hotel operators. Backers say it's going to help crack down on those party houses which have become a problem.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you think they would keep that news close to the vest as opposed to issuing a press release, which basically this is says we have a new law.
Speaker 2: Never mind, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Well except that they're being told here, you have to do this, and they're like, and they've been warning city council for months saying, wait, we don't have the man's powers.
Speaker 3: I understand, but wouldn't you do it behind closed doors? Wouldn't you say, hey, keep this.
Speaker 2: On, you know, why don't we not talk about this publicly? Okay?
Speaker 1: Probably the best story of the day Neil all Right, the pole vaulter who was smuggling a baby arm in his pants. If you remember, twenty one year old athlete went viral after his attempt to qualify for the Paris Olympics final. He didn't make the cut after his leg one of the two hit the bar and then the third one dislodge the bar completely.
Speaker 6: Yep, and that was his standing, his sponts and it was girthy enough and big enough to where it dislodged the pole.
Speaker 3: This redefines the term pole pole vaulting in major ways here in this South.
Speaker 2: Yes, and this guy clearly was not Jewish. He had his entire package.
Speaker 3: There intact, and he was able to literally dislodge it. Can you imagine the memes that are going around the internet went berserk on this.
Speaker 1: It was I'll be honest, it was so impressive that I don't feel comfortable using men's bathroom anymore. I go to a woman's bathroom because I feel so ill equipped.
Speaker 3: In comparison, they should have and he would win the gold medal if they had an event of rope tricks.
Speaker 2: This guy is very impressible.
Speaker 1: Dutch. Yeah, it was. I mean, you feel for the guy because the issue, but also I'd take that over a gold medal.
Speaker 3: I'm oh yeah, oh god, yeah, what's.
Speaker 1: The story magic Mike four.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the show, the Penis show that was out there, The Puppetry of the Yeah, the puppetry of the Penis. Yeah, you can actually look that up on the internet. Puppetry of the Panus. No, it's it's actually I saw the show. It is hilarious. It's worth the YouTube visit. You know, Puppetry of the penis what.
Speaker 1: The only thing I remember about that show, because they put out a book too, is the Hamburger.
Speaker 3: That's right, the hamburger. The hamburger was very strong. It's worth seeing. I got kicked out by the way. I got kicked out because everybody is fairly quiet, because you know, there they are naked doing you know, things with their squats and penises and things, and it's just right out there, and I'm screaming.
Speaker 1: What are the size of that thing?
Speaker 2: And they tossed me right out.
Speaker 1: I thought, you try to take a bite of the burger.
Speaker 3: Oh no, come on, guys, that's going too far. And when Handle says that's going too far, you know there's an issue.
Speaker 2: We're done, guys. Let's move to politics.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is why the show is doing is horribly. This is why this show does so well among perverts.
Speaker 1: Okay, Gods, Monday to be my last day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it certainly is.
Speaker 3: The FCC is on the phone, Neil, you want to pick that up all right? This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.