Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. That music is a sign that Tony Sorrentino is on the board this morning. And in Gary's chair is Leaila Mohammed. Laila, thank you for being here. Good morning.
Speaker 2: I have way more energy today. By the way, I love Tony. We get stuck on the D list crew sometimes on weekend mornings where there's no one here but the two of us, and he's the best.
Speaker 1: I love Tony too. He's been here for five thousand years. I didn't know that about him. He told me that one. Yeah, how many years has it been, Tony? He's like, so long, I don't even want to talk to you. Put eight since ninety seven? Why seven? Is that real? Yeah? The first day on the board was Dave Princess Danda died. Wow, what a start, I know, right, my gosh, I'm.
Speaker 2: Surprised they've kept you here that this long. Some people will take pretty quickly. I'm surprised you haven't burned the building.
Speaker 1: Down, I know, right, like I haven't planned what?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 1: Right, Well, we've got tons to get to today. Of course we'll start with the interview because I thought she did a great job. I mean, I've been waiting for this person to show up, Leila. I've gotten a lot of heat over the years because I've been disappointed in her appearances Kamala Harris of Courses, who were talking about I've been disappointed in her off the cuff remarks. I've heard bad things in terms of the coverage of her being difficult to work with and the exodus of her staff, and it's led me to believe that she is not a likable person because of that, and last night I think she hit it out of the park.
Speaker 2: I got up this morning to fully watch the interview because when it was on last night, I was unfortunately in one of those evening classes that last past nine. Won't talk about that, right, that's start, So I got up early watched the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I think her composure, I think her ability to remain clear and calm. She I love that she did not address some foolishness. And the one thing that I love that she did not address is the comment about whether or not she's black that has been driving me crazy for weeks. Now we can move on to something bigger and better.
Speaker 1: I love that she did not even touch it. Yeah, we actually have that cut Tony is cut for.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you about your opponent's Donald Trump. I was a little bit surprised. People might be surprised to hear that you have never interacted with him, met him face to face.
Speaker 4: That's going to change soon.
Speaker 3: But what I want to ask you about is what he said last month. He suggested that you happened to turn black recently for political purposes, questioning a core park of your identity, any same old.
Speaker 1: Tired playbook, next question, Please, that's it. That's it. I mean, that was the way to do it. She's obviously a black woman, and that's all she needs to do is show up as a black woman.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, well, at the end of the day, we have to be honest about how we view people in this country and around the world, because I feel like in many cultures, not just America, many cultures, people who look browner or darker skin are treated differently.
Speaker 1: That's the bottom line. It is true.
Speaker 2: People will tell you that in Hispanic culture, they'll tell you that in Indian culture. At the end of the day, when people see klm ly they see a black woman before if we would have never told you that her mother was Indian. You look at her and you see that somewhere in the bloodline, somebody's black and it is what it is. But for that to be a whole campaign conversation, it's just ignorant. We have way more important things to worry about. People can't afford to live in their apartments, let alone by a house. You can't afford to go to the gas station, the grocery store. There's a lot going on. People are fighting for reproductive rights. We have bigger issues than whether or not a candidate is black. I don't know where, Honestly, I don't know where Trump's family is from. I don't care to go digging doesn't affect good lights. Who knows, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. It's irrelevant. It's irrelevant. Yeah, yeah, I heard demeans.
Speaker 4: She learned.
Speaker 1: I think everyone learned from Hillary Clinton too, because Hillary hit us over the head with the fact that she's a woman, woman, woman, woman, and it drove me insane how people would say, well, because you're a woman, you have to vote for her. It's like when Biden said if if you don't vote for me, you wain't black? Why why ignorant to right all of that? Like, I just I get upset when people say, well, it's a woman, you should vote for her because she's a woman, And it's like, we don't all vote alike, we don't all have the same ideas or policies or preferences. Just because you're a woman doesn't mean you're that just like the next woman. Just because you're a black person doesn't mean you're like the next black person. So it bothers me that that is a talking point as well. And I'm glad that she put it to bed. And I think she did put that to bed.
Speaker 2: And Dana wasn't ready for that. I thought she was ready for a longer answer because she had to shift nervous in that moment, she had to shift quickly to the next question.
Speaker 1: I don't think she was.
Speaker 2: I think she probably thought the vice president has been a little bit longer addressing it. But why you know, I'm sitting down with you. What was this a thirty minute interview?
Speaker 1: I was cringing a little bit. When she's like, and that's it, I was like, yeah, I think that's it. To your point she did talk about well, first of all, before we get to the middle class. I thought it was very clever of her that she made an issue out of children. She said, I see you, JD. Vans, and I raise you. You can talk about the childless cat ladies, but I'm going to actually do something for people that have children. Tony cutt one.
Speaker 5: Prices in particular for groceries are still too high. The American people know what I know it, which is why my agenda includes what we need to do to bring down the price of groceries, for example, dealing with an issue like price gouging, what we need to do to extend the child tax credit to help young families be able to take care of their children in their most formative years. What we need to do to bring down the cost of housing. My proposal includes what would be a tax credit of twenty five thousand dollars for first time home buyers so they can just have enough to put a down payment on a home, which is part of the American dream and their aspiration, but do it in a way that allows them to actually get on the path to achieving that goal in that dream.
Speaker 1: And that's what people care about. To your point, that's what they care about. They care about grocery prices, they care about being able to get into a home. And she was very measured. She didn't appear to be condescending or defensive in this interview the way that she's come off. She came off that way with Lester Holt in twenty twenty one when he pressed her on the border and she just she had this look about her where she was just kind of drilling into him with her eyes like how dare you asked me this question? And it came across on TV and she did not have that. She was absent of that last night.
Speaker 2: Do you find yourself because of what we do and how you know, our job in interviewing people is also we read boy language and eye contact and do you find because we come from that perspective that we tend to do that and we're watching. Yes, So it's like with her, like you sit in the past, you may have come off as condescending or you know whatever her inner booth Lester Holt, I feel like maybe there's been some work with her and her team. Oh yeah, but the boot camp or yeah, there's some media coaching, some boot camping happening. Where I noticed it the most in watching was where she was talking about the nieces, the bacon and all that stuff, and that shift to Biden.
Speaker 1: It was like she was smiling.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was in the kitchen making pancakes and the maniece's wanted more bacon, and then Biden called and then that tone shift and that softening. I was like, ooh, yeah, someone's been studying. That was almost masterful.
Speaker 1: We'll play that, Yes, we'll play that for you when we come back. Also, why did CNN tease us with word salads? She had like two word salad moments that she's had in the past where she just says things without saying anything, And there were a couple moments of that, but that wasn't the takeaway. But those were the clips that they released initially, So we'll talk about that as well.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Coming up in the next hour, we will get to the story of the missing elderly couple from the Olive Dell nudist ranch. This is near Redlands. They now say that there has been an arrest in the case. A neighbor of this couple Dan and Stephanie. They believe that the bodies are in his home. They're going to bring in canines and search crews today to go through his home or compound or whatever. The fact that they believe the bodies are in his home but not have not found them yet leads me to believe that it's a sprawling property. So we'll get the latest on that. Leila Mohammed is in today and we were talking about Kamala Harrison the interview and you said something, Leila before the break, you said, do you think that we look for body language and we're hyper focused to see how people are coming off because of what we do. And I think that the reason that I do that, especially when a politician is being interviewed, is because we don't know who these people are. Yeah, you never will fully know, No, you don't. So you have to read the cues because they're saying whatever is advantageous to them in their career, right, or what they want you to think that they believe. So you have to kind of pick up on those nonverbal cues to get a sense of who they are. You also, before the break that she talked about the Biden phone call. This was the phone call when he told Kamala Harris that he was leaving the ticket.
Speaker 3: When he called you and said he was pulling out of the race, what was that like And.
Speaker 4: Did he offer to endorse you right away or did you ask for it?
Speaker 5: Was it was a Sunday, So here, I'll give you a little too much information.
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 4: There's no such thing as a vice president.
Speaker 5: My family was staying with us and including my baby nieces, and we had just had pancakes and you know, Auntie, can I have more bacon?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll make you more bacon.
Speaker 5: And then we were gonna sit We were sitting down to do a puzzle and the phone rang and it was Joe Biden and he told me what he had decided to do. And I asked him, are you sure? And he said, yeah, yes, And that's how I learned about it.
Speaker 4: And what about the endorsement? Did you ask for it?
Speaker 5: And he was very clear that he was gonna support men.
Speaker 1: Again, this is all very much by design. Kamala Harris did not get to where she is by not being super focused and strategic when it comes to things that she says, or things or her positions or.
Speaker 5: What have you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She has had issues in the past with misstepping and word salads, but the whole anti Can I have more bacon? I mean Trump made a big thing out of bacon at one of his rallies recently. You can't even buy bacon, like he's ever shopped for bacon. That was by design. She's sitting there going, look, look, I'm a childless woman, but I'm an antie and I make bacon and I buy and I do puzzles. My grandmother still loves a good puzzle. I do too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a long time. But when she said that was like, I should probably play a puzzle.
Speaker 1: Advertising, I was like, I should probably eat some more bac But that was all by design, and it was it was just very strategic. Yes, And the way that she softened when she mentioned the Biden phone call also by design. But I bought it. It worked. She also is appealing to Republicans. When she talked about wanting a Republican member of her cabinet, had a lot.
Speaker 4: Of Republican speakers at the convention. Will you appoint the Republican to your cabinet?
Speaker 5: Yes, I would, no one in particular mine. I we got sixty eight days to go with this election. So I'm not putting the car before the horse, but I would. I think I think it's really important. I have spent my career inviting diversity of opinion. I think it's important to have people at the table and when some of the most important decisions are being made that have different views, different experiences. And I think it would be to the benefit of the American public to have a member of my cabinet who was a Republican.
Speaker 1: Freshing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, if you're speaking about how you want to bring people together and that we need to all be on the same page for the betterment of our country. You know, politicians always give this speech somewhere along the way paraphrasing here, you got to put the action into play.
Speaker 1: So if you believe that, then put a Republican in the cabinet.
Speaker 2: I don't think that we're going to hear Donald Trump say that he'll put a Democrat in his cabinet.
Speaker 1: That's just not going to happen. No, And I mean that's what a lot of people have been talking about with the Project twenty twenty five situation of the organizers of that, the writers of that, and and Trump said, I have have nothing to do with it, but there's this shadow narrative that those are going to be his cabinet members, the people that put forth that agenda. Some of the conservative people are hitting hard on Tim Walls this morning. Tim Walls, by the way, he looked like Captain Phillips. What was he even doing there? I don't like, he didn't even he topic seven words and he was just sat there like a prisoner.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was strategic to just just show them as a united front, you know, yeah, But it just feel like sometimes he softens, maybe her in the areas that people don't really feel like. Maybe she's relatable in certain points. He's like the coach, the guy that we all know that kind of like the coach next door.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is just my take on it. Looking at it, like maybe his whole point was just to show a unit at front. He did not say much, but when he spoke about family, we can tell deeply that he loves his family and cares about his family.
Speaker 1: I think was a misstep and he's getting a lot of heat for it. Today. When he addressed the campaign materials that was talking about video that talking about guns and keeping guns out of schools and so you know, there's fewer school shootings and things like that. And he said that the weapons of war, the weapons I carried, should stay at war, and which he did not. He did not carry weapons of war, and Dana Bash pushed him on it. Cut seven, Tony.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you a question about how you've described your service in the National Guard. You said that you carried weapons in war, but you have never deployed actually in a war zone. A campaign official said that you misspoke, did you well?
Speaker 7: First of all, I'm incredibly proud I've done twenty four years of wearing the uniform of this country. Equally proud of my service in a public school classroom, whether it's Congress or the governor. My record speaks for itself, but I think people are coming to it to know me. I speak like they do, I speak candidly, I wear my emotions on my sleeves, and I speak especially passionately about our children being shot in schools and around guns. So I think people know me, they know who I am, they know where my heart is. And again, my record has been out there for over forty years to speak for itself.
Speaker 4: And the idea that you said that you were in war. Did you miss speak? As the campaign has said.
Speaker 7: I said we were talking about in this case, this was after school shooting the ideas of carrying these weapons of war and my wife the English could turn. My grammar's not always correct. But again, if it's not this, it's an attack on my children for showing love for me, or it's an attack on my dog, I'm not going to do that. And the one thing I'll never do is I'll never demean another member's service in any way. I never have, uh and I never will.
Speaker 1: I thought that was kind of dodgy of him, and then using the children and the dog and those I mean, come on, well he redirected again, That's that's part of the training. I just say, you screwed up. Just say I I I A said he misspoke, right, Yeah, that's not grammar. Grammar is not factual, heirs.
Speaker 2: Grammar is not that you are one per correct, and he misspoke. He should have just owned that and kept it moving.
Speaker 1: Did he did? He serve? Yes?
Speaker 2: And that's commendable, right it is. I mean, I'm you know how I feel about the military.
Speaker 1: I'm absolutely child.
Speaker 2: My dad also served twenty four years, so he served. It is what it is. He misspoke. He should own up to that. We're also splitting hairs of whether or not his wife had IVF or some other form of treatment.
Speaker 1: Personally, I don't care. I don't. I don't. It's just we have other bigger fish to frag Get the grocery prices down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a We have a lot of everyday things we need to worry about.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, speaking of the military, Arlington Gate continues. Now, we're hearing from a gold Star family that is not pleased with Trump's outing there and the altercation from one of the campaign's staff members and a cemetery employee. Will get into that when we return. Gary and Channon will continue. Leila is here and.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 1: Did you hear this horrible story out of New Jersey? Oh my goodness. Columbus Blue Jackets hockey star Johnny Goodrow was killed in a bicycle accident last night in New Jersey, around his hometown. His brother was also killed in this accident. They were struck by a drunk driver in a jeep Cherokee. The two were set to be groomsmen in their sister Katie's wedding today.
Speaker 2: So Katie lost her brothers, yes, right in the family, not just Katie right, and then this is supposed to be the happiest day of her life.
Speaker 1: Is she going to even go find I was gonna say, no, you don't have the wedding, and then do you even have the wet Like, when do you recover from that and the guilt you would feel for them being because of it your wedding. I mean, it's horrible that these things happen, right, and they're horrible. The reason we're hearing about it is because he's a hockey star. But still it just rips your heart out when you hear things like that.
Speaker 2: Breaks my heart for that family. But yeah, how do you even do you postpone for a year or six months?
Speaker 1: I don't even know how. I don't know, I don't know. There's no playbooks for that about that right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah. New survey shows the use of cannabis among young adults is at historically high levels. University of Michigan has released its annual study called Monitoring the Future at track substance use trends among adults in the country shows about forty two percent of adults ages nineteen to thirty or reported using cannabis, with about ten percent using it every day. For the first time. In the survey, more women reported using cannabis than men. Interesting, they're not drinking, they're just using the gummies and things.
Speaker 2: Maybe I think maybe the gummies. Did you hear about the American who's going to go marry the Norwegian king's eldest child.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, the Princess Martha Louise is marrying this self professed shaman tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd watch that movie. I'm like, are we gonna televise it? No, we're not. We don't care.
Speaker 2: But you know when Americans go go marry royalty, I get a little excited.
Speaker 1: It is fun. Huh, it's like a dream.
Speaker 2: It's like Megan took my life and didn't stay over there for our own reasons.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's a fair tale y, But I just I'm like, man, are.
Speaker 2: There any eligible prince or king bachelor's left in this world?
Speaker 1: We could probably figure that out.
Speaker 2: Not one who's struggling or they don't really have like an empire or staff, Like, find me one who has the whole.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing with men.
Speaker 4: When they're raised.
Speaker 1: With money, they come with a whole set of issues, a sole set of problems. Most when you have a spoiled boy, he doesn't always translate to a stable man. I kind of keep that. They kind of keep that spoiled thing. All right. Now, I'm gonna get in trouble with men. Okay, whatever, it's fine. I have You're back. We're sitting here. We're two child with cat ladies. You're fine, We're fine. Okay. So, families of American service members who were killed during the withdrawal from Afghanistan have revealed that they did give approval for photos and videos to be taken at Arlington Cemetery on Monday. This is after a Green Beret service member. His family spoke out and said, hey, we didn't give permission for Trump to use our son's grave in the campaign materials. He died by suicide after eight tours. It's not okay. So now the families that did give permission are speaking up. But this is not going away. May This is stayed in the headlines that he went there. He was supposed to be honoring these service members, thirteen who were killed and he turned around and used it as campaign materials, which always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's like, if you're going to do something good, just go do the good thing. You don't have to like get credit for it or take a victory lap. Just go do the good thing.
Speaker 2: But I think the families who invited him, the three in particular, who I don't think they cared that that was part of a campaign thing because they wanted him there because he knew of their son's stories. But the other families who were saying like, hey, I didn't give you permission to you know, my son's grave was in the background, and that's part of your campaignents here. I understand where they're coming from too, But as a former president and one who's still running, you know, campaigns to be president again, you should just know that this that this is like sort of a sacred area, right like this is these are people who've served, who've lost their lives and representing and defending our country or maybe after that, and we just respect Arlington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the altercation or the alleged altercation from one of his staff members and somebody who worked at the cemetery, I don't care about that. I care about what the military families think. And as a voter, I care that you go do something for for just doing good, you know, and you don't you don't hoore it out. But that's what politicians do. That's what they do. Just they all do. Yeah, yeah, I don't know if they're all. Can I say that word on the radio? Can I say that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just said it twice. I come from the news backgrounds. I don't know my boundaries.
Speaker 1: The only rule is that I'm not allowed to say penis before eleven and I spoke that.
Speaker 2: We broke that rule, but only right. The contract was different. Okay, gotcha. So you say you don't think this is going away anytime. So now there are not gonna be any charges pressed about the shoving and the pushing.
Speaker 1: But because she said or the whoever, the person who works at the cemetery says that they were afraid of retribution from the Trump people. Oh yeah, I do remember that. Yeah, we've got a good old fashioned terror in the skies, childless cat lady. Addition, also a guy who loses his temper. You're for lost your temper at an airline counter.
Speaker 2: I've allowed my last name is mohammed. Oh yeah, I don't act up in the airport.
Speaker 1: I learned that smart.
Speaker 2: Yea, look at your ba I'm not being funny, I'm dead serious.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Right after and listen right after nine to eleven, when everything, you know, the restrict the rules were tightened and the security measures were heightened.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I get it. I was always selected. You've been pre selected for like the additional screen. But I travel on flying if now, like, I'm never selected for anything. I just go through you know, pre check whatever, global entry. Nobody bothers me now, but I would. I'm not a person who's going to act out on a plane or at a counter because I already know what it is, right, I won't be able.
Speaker 1: To fight yet. I've seen people, so I'm not that person. Yeah that's good. I've seen people lose their minds, like a toddler and a grocery store type tantrum.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't mind when the toddler does it well for like five seconds, but I do mind when it's a grown up. And now those videos bad look circulate people having meltdowns. What's the one recently the guy's yelling at the flight of the gate agent and she wouldn't let him on his flight because he got there, I guess be after the ten minute mark where they closed the gate, and he's like, he says something about her hair, like I think he liked her hair, sola whatever, and they're like, we want to see her hair. You know, we can't see her in the video. But it's like, what's happening. They're crying, They're melting down. It's affecting their jobs. It's you know, starting to boil your your son. Oh this is worth These These were all spoilt men. I've seen women have melt down.
Speaker 1: I have to usually more women than men. All Right, we'll do tear in the guys when we come back. Gary and Shannon will continue. Laila Mohammed is in.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty tony.
Speaker 1: Do you know where the Terror in the sky's button is? Yes, awesome, let's do that.
Speaker 3: Roger, get off my plane.
Speaker 1: Roderick Rogers's octor, Victor, I haven't had put these munkey pipe snakes on this money to private.
Speaker 6: It's Gary and Shannon's Terror in the skies on KFI.
Speaker 1: I apologize for the garlic bagel that I just ate. I didn't realize that was garlic. I thought it was like sesame seeds or something. Well, and now all I smell is just my my garlic breath and it's not great. I can't smell it. But Eric did not warn you that it was scarlet.
Speaker 2: He says, Oh, there's cream, cheese and bag and I can't eat cheese right now, which makes me sad, or really.
Speaker 1: Bagels I've been having. I've been cutting back on my recreational cheese, just cheese for the sake of having cheese, and that's why I attacked that bagel and cream cheese. I think because I've been cutting it out.
Speaker 2: I'm doing no cheese for the next several I'm doing this this whole seventy five hard, playing with my sister, and we've seen some results.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: But I took dairy. You can kind of choose what you want to remove from your diet in addition to like you no alcohol and you know whatever, I'm doing no dairy as one of my things because I love I can sit down and watch a good movie with the plate of just random cheese, olives and crackers.
Speaker 1: And now wait, let me show you the cheese plate that I put down. You put grapes on there too.
Speaker 2: I love a little grape, my little homemade charcuti, a little grapes and cheese and olives.
Speaker 1: I was on the charter flight for the Chargers coming back from Dallas. Fancy you are, so, I'm so fancy. And this was my cheese plate that the flight at Tenant made. Do you like dinner? She's like string, Oh yeah, it's all the cheeses, Colby cheese. It's a pepper pepper cheet, string cheese, all the crackers. But she says, do you want We've got chicken strogan off, We've got a fish dish, We've got something else I forget, like carne a sot or something. And I was like, yeah, no, I'm good. And then she's like, do you want some cheese? And it's like I would love some cheese. So she brought me that massive plate of cheese. Anyway, okay, speaking of tear in the skuys, not just me and my cheese plate. Two airline passengers who locked a stranger's crying grandchild in a plain restroom have caused outrage in China. It is a heated online debate now on how to handle upset children in public spaces. This went viral after one of the two women involved posted a video on Chinese social media. It showed them inside a locked lavatory with this crying girl, who appeared to be about a year old. Woman sitting on the toilet tells the baby, we won't let you out until you stop crying.
Speaker 2: I don't think the baby understood. The child is very small, but they say that, you know.
Speaker 1: One of the flight.
Speaker 2: Attendants said, listen, this tantrum was so disruptive that passengers were using tissue to block their ears, while others had to move to the back of the plane to escape the noise.
Speaker 1: It was crying NonStop for three hours. Oh that's rough.
Speaker 2: And the child was traveling with grandparents versus you know, like mom and death. I wonder if there was also this separation anxiety. Listen, kids on a plane. That's already hard for a lot of children. Their ears are popping that I really know how to deal with the fact that, you know, we're change in elevation and it's it's weird.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm under the school of thought that whatever helps them sleep, knock them out and let them sleep for the three hours.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is racist, but I have a feeling that people in China don't play when it comes to disciplining their children. I think it's safe to say that, but you should. You started with I don't know if this is racist. I'm like, oh, lord, and then I kept going, I know that's awful. No, you know, like the tiger mom thing of just like expecting a lot out of your.
Speaker 2: Your children, or just community parenting, like we don't tolerate this. You know, back in the day when we were younger and a neighbor could reprimand you and then call your mom and say, hey, Shannon was over here doing this and I checked her about that, and I'm letting you know your child was doing this. That doesn't happen today. There's no community parenting, and maybe this is you know, still part of the culture. They can community parent say your child is out of order, the child is screaming NonStop for three hours, and now locking the kid in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know, I wouldn't do that. Why did community parenting go away? I don't just people getting to an insular or weird about raising.
Speaker 2: Their kids, don't know our neighbors anymore. Yeah, it's that we used to know. I mean, we knew our neighbors. We knew their parents, They knew my parents. We didn't have cell phones, they had each other's phone numbers. Somebody could walk you home to your mom and dad and say your child was acting out in my neighborhood and I'm bringing your kid home. And my parents weren't offended. They would didn't reprimand me too. We were allowed to be reprimanded by a neighbor's parents.
Speaker 1: My parents' neighbors for the most part, who were there when I grew up, have died and their kids live in the homes now for the most part. But when I was an adult, I remember feeling a little bit of shame when I saw some of them because I was a little hell raiser teenager that you know, drove too fast and the cul de sac and the whole bit, and they would just you know, sternly look at me, or they yell at me community parentings. And then when I became an adult and they were still alive, and I'd see them living my you know, walking with the lord life like I'm not a hell raiser anymore, but just feeling that embarrassment of they knew me when I was seventeen and awful. But yeah, it is. It is a weird thing. I missed those days. All right, good morning, thanks for stopping. Bye, we're live. Do you know who that is? That's the new president of the company. Come on in, it's our new boss. And they unlocked the door. Sometimes they allow me to fill in. Are you listening? Like a raise, I'll send.
Speaker 2: You my number, okay, just just but I'm part time, so you probably don't care.
Speaker 1: She's talking to like he's a rando in the hall, like we're on the air. We're on the air, Okay, you can I.
Speaker 2: Say this to you, though, I commend the fact that did you notice the parking garage is emptdse. Folks don't work around here, maybe like once a week. But the fact that you're.
Speaker 1: Here on a Friday before the holiday is just amazing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm serious, that's good to be here, right, but it's you, like, you don't have to be here.
Speaker 1: Why are you here? No, it's a holiday weekend. The captain's got to be on the ship.
Speaker 6: Two of this.
Speaker 2: No one else would would care. They'll just let the ship go down and they'll say, why don't y'all.
Speaker 1: Keep it afloat. Well, good to see you, nice to meet, don't fire me, nice.
Speaker 5: Doll.
Speaker 1: That's why I woke up this morning. That was great. It seems so cool. So he's just walking around waving, I know, and he's always here on days when nobody else is here. Well, no one care. Most days. I've seen some people once a week. Ever, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays, those are the strong days. Well, they stopped by for like two hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chris Little comes in from about one to three. I wasn't gonna call anyone out, but nobody cares because they only want him to be here from one to three. Chris, Chris knows. I love him.
Speaker 2: He's kind of I've kind of saught it when it comes to Chris over the years.
Speaker 1: Had five years. I haven't too, I have two or I did. I did a long time ago. I softened. So there was a man trying to check in for his American Airlines flight to Miami. His ticket wasn't working, and an employee told him he and be able to board the flight. Video, of course, captures everything these days, so he can be seen going through his luggage, taking out a hammer and smashing computer screens on the counter at the airline, Sir, what did you think was going to happen?
Speaker 2: You're gonna be banned from the flight, the airline, everything else. My thing is, sometimes these these tantrums last too long.
Speaker 1: Well, a hammer is too far out of there.
Speaker 2: I've seen like fights in the airport on these videos online and never in person, thankfully, or people yelling and having these rants and it goes.
Speaker 1: On way too long.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how long does it take security to get here when you have cameras all over the airport everywhere but the bathroom, like you see everything in the airport, and it just goes on forever.
Speaker 1: It's true, all right? Coming up and next we will hook up with Michael Monks from KFI News. He is covering the Brianna cup for murder trial. This was the young girl who was working in the furniture store and because we have no law and order in La County, guy comes in and stabs her to death. It's heartbreaking listening to her parents. Yesterday Phil Schuman was playing some of that audio was really hard to get through. We'll get an update on where that trial's going when we come back to Gary and Shannon. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap