Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We'll let you taco one on one one w j r R.
Speaker 2: But your freaking idiots.
Speaker 3: Hey, do a smart thing in the next round fifteen minutes or so and vote for you say we play it. If you're so inclined, you can do it right now at the Jar Facebook page. Alison Chains is the featured band this morning. There's three song choices there. The one that prevails via your votes plays at nine, and then Taco Bob spins the wheel of randomness and rewards one of you for voting.
Speaker 4: You can't say the will randomness. Guy Fieri has a will of randomness.
Speaker 2: I just said it. What's he going to do? Come on down here and fight me from guys grocery games.
Speaker 4: Oh no, seriously, we will randomly pick somebody to win those offspring tickets.
Speaker 2: Get your vote in. Yeah, that's the prize. Offspring tickets this morning?
Speaker 4: Which Alison Chains Tickets? You wanna song a song? I'm sorry, I'm doing six things.
Speaker 2: I know you.
Speaker 3: You're the epitome of our epitome of a multitasking as you would.
Speaker 4: Say, yes, tell us which Alison Chain's tune you want us to play back.
Speaker 2: At nine o'clock?
Speaker 4: All right, are you ready? I'm totally ready.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: He was just texting me saying you quit, saying that we've got another situation, and I was thinking about this for a minute. New Jersey is the only state in the country there used to it used to be uh, Oregon and New Jersey, which did not allow you to pump your own gas. Now it's just New Jersey. Yeah, you have to go to a full service gas station there, and it's for several reasons. It creates jobs and also for safety purposes. How insane it really is that you just trust people to pull in and help themselves to a highly flammable liquid. And sometimes you're rolling into a place and there's twenty five gas pumps, or a bucket's and there's one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 4: You know that you're exactly right, and that not every day of the week across the country there's just carnage and chaos and gas pumps. With all the crazy stories we have an idiotology about oh head found in a bowling bellow bag, or yeah, we trust people to pump their own gas.
Speaker 2: It is kind of a.
Speaker 4: And more just horrible things that happen at gas pumps. It's I don't know, it's mind boggling.
Speaker 2: Do you know why? That said?
Speaker 3: Though, there's still bad things that happen on occasion, and of course I've got one here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I watched the guy ode at a gas pump the needle in his arm right here in Castlebury.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is a nice area. What the hell is so? Anyway?
Speaker 4: You know why they have only one state where you have to pump your own gas where they pump the gas where you know why? Why because all the other gas stations went crazy hearing the little kids ride their bikes over the bingding.
Speaker 2: Do your bunny hop onto the cord there.
Speaker 4: They used to have these cords that were rubber and you'd jump up and down on him and the and the service guy who hald pump. The guys like get out of here, kids, Yeah, get old asa okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come out with the rag hanging out of his back pocket. Yeah, and his overalls garage. He's in there doing an oil Chaine all right? God going on with that?
Speaker 3: This was actually this happened in Canada. Guy was several people were at the gas at this shell station, you know, filling up and twenty six year old driver, I guess was distracted and in a big rush and finished uh pumping his gas, got in his car and sped off without pulling the nozzle. This thing whiplashed out as he sped away and blindsided some sixty seven year old guy.
Speaker 2: Smack the nozzle.
Speaker 4: Wam whiplashes this guy right across the face. He falls over backwards, smashes his head on the ground. Now he's you know, a critical condition.
Speaker 2: You have a video of this? No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen a freak accident? The kid returned, The young guy returned.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He ended up getting arrested in charge with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm and careless driving causing.
Speaker 2: Me Well, have you ever seen a car drive away with the gus?
Speaker 3: I've seen video video of it happen, but I've never realized I seen it myself.
Speaker 4: No, my buddy Billy and I we were we were going was it fishing with Oh? No, we were going scalloping with Captain Pounds and Captain Mario and them in uh in Crystal River and last minute went into grab ice and pa and whatever, and just watched this car drive out and you hear this that ha ha that hang and we look and it's she's dragging it still in the in the in the gas holder and the entire host. Now it's sparking on the road. God, So I run it and I go, hey, somebody just drove off. She goes, oh, no, another.
Speaker 2: One of those.
Speaker 4: Huh supposedly, maybe it's that Guy's a lot of gas stations. That happens a lot, pat and it's expensive. She goes, I'm not even getting replaced this time. It's too much. Wow, man, in Brazil, That's how it is in Brazil. At two two five, two six, somebody said you can't touch the pump at the gas station.
Speaker 3: Seriously, did you all just stop and think about this for a second next time you're filling up. How truly insane it is that we're it's perfectly fine to.
Speaker 4: Do that, and we all know how to do it, and if you do it right, it's safe, yes, at the time. But knowing what we know and how many people are crazy in this country, are completely beat.
Speaker 2: Bat ads crazy, uh huh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh do you know why it's Jersey that you're you they have to pump the gas for because mob, I bet you know how easy you have a mob who it is to get? You know, veto in New York and New Jersey with you as the mob. Yeah, because I'm married and I yeah, far be it from you to stereotype.
Speaker 2: But anyway I'm allowed to. She's my wife.
Speaker 3: We get to the heart of what this show is about and why we get up and come in here and do this five days a week.
Speaker 4: It's all about two things, public service and the kids.
Speaker 2: All right, give it to me. All right, this may.
Speaker 3: Help you out. Taco and any of you like it. Will sniff your own socks.
Speaker 2: I did it yesterday and here on Gosh showed up at the e R. Yeah, this is in China.
Speaker 3: He was diagnosed with a fungal infection from sniffing his own socks.
Speaker 2: He got it in his nose.
Speaker 3: The middle aged man central China recently showed up at the hospital with a bad cough that wouldn't go away. He said he tried cough syrup didn't help. His eyes were also a bloodshot. They did some scans and found a mass in his lower right lung. Wasn't cancer. Turned out that he had his serious fungal infection in his lungs that he got from sniffing his own dirty socks. He admitted he'd got into the habit of smelling his socks after work, right before he tossed them in the laundry. So it essentially sounds like athletes lung Yeah, technically a different type of fungus. But they tested his socks and found the same fungus he had in his lungs.
Speaker 4: Chinese fella, right, yeah, yeah, it's COVID. This is how they spread it to the batsup again.
Speaker 2: No, hey, they spread it to our socks. I did. That's gonna be the next wave. I did. Watch out, don't trust China.
Speaker 4: I did the update on my my smelly feet from the gym. Yeah, and remember, props to the listener who turned me on. He said, my wife and kids love me that I got this stuff. I can't think of the name right now, but it's this little foot powder I got a picture of while you're doing that story. I'll look it up. It's this foot powder story. It's called Grands Grands. No, I heard that public service story. I thought you have more.
Speaker 2: No, just don't sniff your turney side. You don't what a horrible long.
Speaker 4: Infect there's your there's your public service you that should be your takeaway from the show today. I believe there are so many people at our text line two two five two six that have seen people drive away with the pumps. That's why they have the quick release thing, right.
Speaker 3: I know there's a safety mechanism where it breaks off, but just just it that like pales in comparison to what could happen at a gas pump. Oh God, We've seen crazier things, but it just isn't left and right every single day. Yeah, carnage miracle.
Speaker 4: Where somebody knocked the gas you know, the whole apparatus, knock that over and it was on fire. And we ran over to the phone. This is a fun fact for any Orlando natives. Ran over to a phone at Chuck E Cheese on a Loma and said, you know payphone said yes, nine one one, there is Okay, I shouldn't say that there, but told him there is the Gulf Butcher Vallon's gas station, it's on fire. We saved the day. He didn't yell at us anymore for bunny hopping on his big long cords that go.
Speaker 2: Bel bell Cord. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always say make a mental note when you pull in for gas where the emergency shut off switches. Those are usually out there by the pump stew.
Speaker 4: Or get off your phone, pump gas and drive and put your top on a driveway like a normal person.
Speaker 3: Finally, there's this, it's great to have a Triple A membership. Speaking of driving or some sort of roadside assistance, there's various ones available, many through insurance companies and whatnot. Since you know you usually get some use out of those, here's a time that you really probably don't need to call Triple A, which was the situation here for a forty five year old woman in Utah after engaging police on a high speed chase that last stretched over more than one hundred miles and had her topping speeds of one hundred and twenty miles per hour. Troopers this in Utah trippers attempted to stop her twice using the tire spike thing all right, They rolled them out, She missed the first set of them. Then they set up further down the road anticipating her arrival. They managed to spike her tires that time. She pulled over a short time later and refused to get out of her car.
Speaker 2: Now we got to standoff happening. Come on, she.
Speaker 3: Called Triple A while she was locked in her car to have him come out and fix her spike tires.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's on drugs. There's some sort of drugs.
Speaker 2: And Triple A.
Speaker 3: Uh operator just okay, man, hold on a second. And then they got a hold of the police, like me and this woman who it sounds like she said she ran over police spikes at Yes, we know exactly who she is. This has been going on for a while, and uh, we're on a stand up, a standoff with her right now. She's got a gas pomp hanging out.
Speaker 4: Of her gas tank called Triple A after a one hundred and twenty mile per hour high speech. A sure, and again that's somebody you trust to be pumping gas.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly it
Speaker 1: Yay.