Speaker 1: He's Nightside with Dan Ray on WBZ, Cooston's radio.
Speaker 2: Really cooling off here. Let me tell you, uh ninety degrees it at ten oh seven on Elite You Night. That's that's one for the record books. I guess my name's Dan Ray. I'm the host of Nightside. We've heard every Monday through Friday night right here on WBZ, and we will continue to follow that global partner story. I hope the governor has a sense of fairness to at least review what the Board of Transportation Commissioners of Transportation whenever they're called did. That is a big, big decision because when you think about a thirty five year contract, if my math is correct, thirty five years will take us to the year twenty sixty. That's that's that's a long time. Hence twenty sixty and whatever decision is made this year, we'll have implications for many years to come. And so we're going to open up a conversation here about this moving target, which is the Iran Israel controversy. Last night, I think I told you that I thought there was a lot of confusion in the statement that the President had put President Trump had put on Trump on truth, social and I'm not going to go over it in great length. But it wasn't a simultaneous cease fire. It wasn't one of these things that on the at the eleventh hour, on the eleventh day, at the eleventh minute, the fighting will stop. No, it was. It was officially he wrote, Iran will start the cease fire, and upon the twelfth hour, Israel will start the cease fire, and upon the twenty fourth hour, an official end to the twelve day war will be saluted by the world. Well, the question that was open was if Iran is starting the ceasefire last night at midnight, and Israel was going to start the ceasefire twelve hours later. That gave Israel really twelve hours to do whatever they wanted, and I think Israel started to do that as Israel has wont to do. And then of course Iran responded. And this morning, as the President was leaving for this NATO meeting in Europe in the Netherlands where he is tonight, the President was pretty upset. So let's go to cut twenty two. Rob. This was a frustrated President Trump. He's going to have a lot to be frustrated about here. As we talked this evening. But this was President Trump leaving the White House this morning, frustrated that the ceasefire, which he had in his mind I'm sure maneuvered and had basically created, had fallen apart by six o'clock. Well by early morning. Cut twenty two, please, rub.
Speaker 3: I think violated it.
Speaker 4: I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure they did it intentionally. They couldn't range people back.
Speaker 5: I don't like the.
Speaker 3: Fact that Israel went out this morning at all. And I'm going to see if I can stop it.
Speaker 1: Do you mean that, Rode, we need to see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: They violated, but Israel violated it too.
Speaker 2: Okay. So that was early this morning, and then he got his language got a little salty as a matter of fact. And I hope that Marina has cleaned this language up. I believe she has. This is cut number twenty one. Rob.
Speaker 3: What we have, we basically have to countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know what the they're doing. Do you understand that I'm not happy that Israel's going out now? There was one rocket that I guess was fired overboard. It was after the time I met and admits it's target and now Israel's going out. These guys got to calm down ridiculously.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, later today there was apparently a leak or two because I watched CNN, and I also watched ABC Nightly News, No, the ABC World News Tonight. They have different names for there, they have different titles Nightly News, World News Tonight, the World, et cetera. And there was a great deal of reporting tonight that perhaps the President who used the word obliterated on Saturday Saturday evening might have been a little premature, because now there's questions about are there any Iranian centrifuges left, how much of this enriched uranium is available, how much of it was destroyed, And there were some leaks today which suggested that the success or the obliteration of the three sites perhaps is not as complete as the President felt. Now. From where I'm sitting, and I'm not an expert in this, and probably neither of you, but that's okay, we're going to talk about it. From where I'm sitting, I don't see either how you're going to figure out who how much damage was done. These sites are hundreds of feet underground where all of the paraphernalia was that was at these three sides. And my understanding is that if the damage was done that these bunker bombs do. I don't know how anyone can even get down to where the bombs detonated, at least as quickly. If anybody could get down there, I assume it probably would be MASAD agents, but I don't think that they can actually accurately calculate. When the President talked about the sites being obliterated, I think he was speaking, you know, the same way that a football coach might speak after they win a game. I mean, the President is always engages in overstatement. Everything is the most amazing, it's the greatest that's never happened before, and this is Golden Age and all of that sort of language. And I don't think it's helpful. I think that the President should have been more restrained in his remarks, but he wasn't. So now the question is when will we get the true assessments and what do you think? Well, they will say so, and then if this ceasefire doesn't hold, what happens next? So there's more questions than answers tonight. And I just want to open up the phone lines and give everyone an opportunity to express their thoughts and ideas. I think that this attack was the correct thing, the correct action to take. As a matter of fact, some Democrats have called for the impeachment of President Trump. I don't think that that is even within the realm of possibility, particularly in view of the number of attacks that Democratic presidents have participated in, you know again, over the years. And I think if there ever was an attack which was important and justified, this would be it, in my opinion. Now, John Fetterman, the Democratic Senator from Pennsylvania, was very clear in his comment today or late yesterday talking and of course his vote holds much more weight than that of AOC. But this is what Fetterman had to say. Cut sixteen. Please Rob.
Speaker 5: Alexandrio Cosio Cortez says the president shouldn't be impeached because he's impulsive.
Speaker 1: What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I mean, of course no, she knows that, I know it. We all know what. That's not going anywhere.
Speaker 6: And you know, he's been impeached twice and now he still our president as well now too, so it's not going anywhere. And I don't think that's helpful and I think if you throw that term around, that actually diminishes what the severity of what impeachment is really reserved for.
Speaker 2: All Right, So bottom line is the Democrats, understandably are going to try to make their political points. I think it's a mistake for the national Democrats to make this. I watched CNN today and their poster suggested that the vast majority of American people were opposed to what the President did. Now, I believe those numbers will turn around. And here's why. I believe that if Iran had not suffered a very serious setback. And I don't know how many centrifugias are left, I don't know how much enriched plutonium is left, if any, I don't know where it's gone. I don't know any of this. The only thing that I can allude to is the fact that Iran is now willing to engage in a cease fire, and it's apparently been holding for a little over twelve hours. And assuming it does the fact that they would just be willing to engage in this cease fire with Israel, who they have intended and have said that they would like to wipe off the face of the earth. That says more to me than anything. I would assume the Iranian leaders have some idea, a pretty good idea right now, of what damage was inflicted on these three nuclear sites and what impact whatever that damage is, will have on their efforts to get their nuclear operation back up and running if they can. I don't know that they can. I don't know. Maybe you do. Six seven four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I don't think any of these network journalists who are talking about what sources are telling me this. Sources are telling me that they may have sources, but they never tell you who the sources are, and in art many cases they're dead wrong and they have a history of being wrong. So why should you trust them when they say, oh, two sources have told us, Does it matter to me? Look at what people do, not what they say, and look at what the Iranian government has done in the twenty four to forty eight hours after the attack. That tells me more than any anonymous source. Join the conversation. We got a lot to talk about. This is an important subject. Six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty got a couple of lines there, and I got one line of six one seven nine, three, one, ten thirty. Let's get it going right after the break here on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phones. Let me go to Jeff in Waltham. Jeff, you first, this hour a Night's Side. Your take on this developing story, Go ahead, Jeff, Oh.
Speaker 4: Okay, My take is this, Dan, I think it's absolutely imperative for world survival that Iranian nuclearization be prevented.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree with you more on that couldn't create.
Speaker 4: That based on their actions and their rhetoric. Okay, now of the regime.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 4: Secondly, I think from what you said, and I haven't followed the full story year concerning the ceasefire, but if the seats fire did not begin at the same time for both sides, Uh, that strikes me. It's a quite unsound proposition.
Speaker 2: And I talked about that last night.
Speaker 7: When I mean that is that because.
Speaker 4: Obviously when that happens, one side is vulnerable very unfairly. And I think, uh, whoever proposed those terms, and I don't know who it was, UH, have demonstrated a major lack of foresight because a ceasefire should always begin at the same time for both parties. Otherwise it's not a ceasefire, and one party is the thing is sitting duck. Okay, so that's unsound.
Speaker 2: Those terms. Those terms were articulated by President Trump when he last night about six o two pm. I'm holding his statement in my hands in which he wrote and I was confused by it, and it could be that everybody was confused by it. But you're right, a ceasefire should be a mutual agree.
Speaker 5: Uh, if we have.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I am very gratified, very gratified to have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I appreciate your call as well, and thank you for your support of Israel. Jeff, by the way, you had called me privately about a month ago about an individual who was under indictment, and I saw that there was a I believe, either a guilty plea or yes there was Okay. I tried to call you about you, congratulate you. I hope that part of that settlement or that guilty plea was for uh you, you to be get the money back that was reimmersed.
Speaker 4: Well, that's yet to come. Maybe I'll contact you privately about that matter.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for you. I tried to call you.
Speaker 4: And thank you so much for your concern about it, and thank you for the airtime tonight.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks Jeff, talk to you soon. Good night. That's a great night. Let me go next to Mike and Beverly. Mike, you next on nightside.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Hey, Dan, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: You know, Mike you always ask me can you hear me? And I've never had problems hearing you, So.
Speaker 5: You can just get right one time he did. Dan.
Speaker 7: That's why I just make it sure, you know, But I just always making sure anyway. First off, can you stop watching the left wing media channels please?
Speaker 2: First of all, just so you know, I when when I UH eat during the day, I eat a balanced diet. I don't know about you, but there are some people who just eat popcorn and pepsi or something like that. I try to eat fruits and vegetables and greens and uh lots of water. And I also do the same thing. When I consume news, I believe it or not believe it. I read the New York Times, I read the Boston Globe, I read the Boston Herald, I read the Wall Street Journal. I watch ABC, NBC, and CB. I watch some Fox and I watch some CNN, and I watch Bloomberg. So I have a responsibility to you and to everyone in this audience to present a balanced point of view, and in addition to that, give everyone an opportunity to say whatever they want. And what you might think is a biased channel. That's your opinion. But I want to make sure that I can respond to anything anyone throws at me, because I'm sitting up here and I got tens of thousands of listeners and a lot of them out They would like to see me be wrong or make a mistake, Mike, But I come into the program as prepared as I can possibly be. Does it mean I don't make mistakes. Absolutely not. But I try to minimize those mistakes, and part of doing that is to have a balanced diet and also a balanced understanding points of view of what's going on in the world. I know I've given you a long answer, but I think you get it.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Yes, anyway, as the bombing goes, it's Santa. So what I understand Israel has people on the ground already. I just kind of take a little time for the bombers to go through that. They guess they have some people over in Iran. They gotta go through that. I don't know how that works, or nobody's probably going to go through there physically. They'll probably do it on.
Speaker 2: Biden into this. We've talked about that. Here's what Here's what Israel does. Israel has people on the ground in I run most agents who either are Iranian or appeared to be Iranian and speak uh fluent Farsi, so therefore they can blend in. They may have people within the higher structure of the military. I listened to a phone call today that someone sent me of an Iranian general being threatened by an Israeli operative, and it was it was in Israeli or Farsi, and I didn't understand that, but I read the subtitles and basic they were telling this Iriti in general, you have twelve hours to live. If you want to make a statement, a public statement, that you are disassociating yourself in the regime, you will be spared, and your wife will be spared, and your family will be spared, even though you don't deserve to be spared. And you could tell that this Iranian general just with the tone of the voices, he was taking this pretty seriously. You don't want to mess with the Israelis. They know what they're doing here.
Speaker 7: And yet you know, the whole you know, the phone blow up thing was you know a few months ago, ARTHA was pretty much outside of the box, very creative, all that sort of stuff wiped out.
Speaker 2: They wiped out Hezbollah's leadership in a matter of twenty four hours. And the first thing they did was they hit cell phones and then they the second round was the walkie talkies, which Hesbola would have distributed to their members. So they're pretty.
Speaker 7: Gonna go, well, I support it very much and needs to be done.
Speaker 5: You know, the whole.
Speaker 7: Uh Trump brahm AOC thing, you know, out of their mind, have peachment, you know, I mean that's the first time they go to and you know, I want something else. Earlier, Uh, somebody else had done the same thing Trump has done. Six to seven of the president have done the same thing He's done on different situations and never never again.
Speaker 2: I got it. You have to consider the source AOC is the Marjorie Taylor Green of the Democratic Party. Okay, uh, And so as crazy as you think AOC is, the Republicans had their crazies too, and the crazies don't help the people, the legitimate people within both parties elected officials who are trying to do what they considered to be the right thing. Mike, I heard you loud and clearly. I think you're you have the goods very much, Mike, take it easy. Six one seven two thirty, six, seven thirty. Here's the newscast. We'll be back in just about three or four minutes. And we have a couple of open lines. Joined the conversation. Last night. I mentioned that we had a paucity of female callers. We seem to have a paucity of female callers on issues of war and peace. Ladies, do not be afraid, do not be shy your opinions as welcome on this program as anyone, whatever the issue is. And I know that a lot of people have hesitation. You will have an opportunity to express whatever you want to say, whomever you support, whomever you respect. Feel free. We'll be back on nights Side after this.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go. We're gonna go to Steve and Air. Steve, you were next on Nightside. Welcome, Hey Dan, how are you I'm good, Steve. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Well, I just wanted to chime in on everything.
Speaker 8: So you know what's happening with Iran? Those guys Hezbola, they've been doing all that for years and years, you know, and it's about time soon stepped up and did what it had to be done.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: Obama he tried doing, you know, eliminating some of those uh you know, all those scientists disappeared or whatever happened back then, but he paid them off, you know, he tried to buy the orients with money that it's not gonna work. What worked is what what what Trump did, and that's gonna.
Speaker 7: Continue to work.
Speaker 8: And that's what wakes them guys up. And they'll they'll realize it, you know, eventually because now they're coward. But it could be employee too, They could do it play impossible, who knows. We don't know that, right, but we.
Speaker 2: All we can do is look at the acts. And it seems to me that if they were not impacted, if they were not hurt, Uh, they wouldn't be engaging in this sort of ceasefire activity. Uh. They're they're they're hurt. They're hurting right now. And maybe maybe Uh, this is a time in which they will come to the table with clean hands and some sort of a deal could be worked. I don't know. If not, they're going to get hit again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know. These guys don't have that.
Speaker 8: They have an agenda.
Speaker 1: Remember, Oh, I.
Speaker 2: Know that, I know that.
Speaker 5: But it could be there.
Speaker 2: It could be under the circumstances that like anything else. You know, if look if if you are under attack and you feel that that you are now outgunned, Uh, you could choose two things you could choose, I guess political suicide and or or you can try to salvage your situation. I think they're in a tough spot to be really honest with you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's a certain sure idea. Yeah, but I agree with it. I like your analogy on the on the diet though, well, I agree with you. I agree with I'm the same way Dan, I watch it all. I don't take it all in. I don't follve that opinion on that laft, right. I see the truth. That's you know, three things in this life that will not remain hidden. Along the sun, the moon, and the truth. They're always going to come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I I I understand. And the other thing too, is that you know I had I had a guest on the other night who I know. He is a really interesting analyst. His name is Tatsu Ikeda. He writes for Substack, and he did a very interesting analysis on the comparative strengths of the two countries Israel and Iran UH and he concluded that Iran had some some military superiority, both in terms of the size of the nation, the land mass, the population, its ability to produce relatively low cost missiles and the missile and the the the dome. The iron dome missiles that the Israelis were using were fairly much more expensive. And so I had a couple of people who were upset that I would have him on the air because they they felt that his analysis was wrong. Well, there's such keyboard warriors and they's so they're so courageous with the keyboard to send me an email which I'm the only person who sees it, which means it has no impact. You know, if you disagree with the guest that I have, call up and take the guest on good luck. Matter of fact, Tatsu on Sunday was the first analyst that I saw who had the the the video of the video of the the the trucks that had lined up a few days beforehand, which may have removed some of the materials from the from these three sites. And so he's oftentimes ahead of the game. I don't know what God removed. I don't know what was removed. Some people said it might have been dirt they were bringing. But the point is, in order to do my show well, I have to be able to listen to a variety of points of view. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 5: That's what I do.
Speaker 8: That's why I thank you jo Man and Man.
Speaker 7: And I agree.
Speaker 8: Those guys over there, the masade, they're invented way deep inside there. They've been there for years. We know that they are like the Russians years ago, when you know, all the Russians are here, living here and all that, and look what happened now the Iron Kirk fell, right, So now we deal with something different from intelligence point of view to the pod, they definitely have a hold on them.
Speaker 7: I know that. Look so and I.
Speaker 8: Wish them well, I wish it all just to go away. I've run the GPS, you know, and not you know, why do they want to continue to have dominance of going back to you know, the thirteenth century.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, look there there's a lot of hate going on over there. We have all of these wars. We have Indian Pakistan and each other's throats. We've had problems for decades. And in Ireland between the Catholics and the Protestants, and all around the world. You have your situations going on in Africa right now between uh poor nations and poor groups within nations. Sadly, but and and we have it in the Middle East. But guess what. The Middle East has economic opportunities that no other region in the world has. And if some people in Iran open their eyes and realize what could happen if they were cooperative not only with not only with Israel, but with Saudi Arabia. Iran is an enemy of Saudi Arabia. They're an enemy of of the U a E there are there, there were, an enemy of many of the states. The only people that that Iran is friendly with is Hesbala. They've been wiped out Hamas. They're a bunch of terrorists, the hoodies who are firing weapons. And we can wipe them out tomorrow if we have to. They don't doubt.
Speaker 8: Yes, absolutely, yeah they and that's why maybe they're waking up, you know, realize, uh, you know, we gotta do something that's.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: See, they're gonna get followed them. So let's hope. Let's hope we have a better world tomorrow then today. Ten degrees for sure as I went through.
Speaker 2: All right, Steve talked to you on the call right now, all right, good night. I don't want to short change the next caller, So I'm going to take a quick break here a little earlier, Rob, if it's okay, a couple of minutes early. I got some open lines here, which on this topic is unacceptable. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three to one, ten thirty will get you on. I have open lines in both areas. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on Nightside with Dan Ray on w BZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Alright, let me go to GEO and end over GEO. Welcome back next on Nightside. Thanks for calling in a little earlier than you usually do.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Rio, Hello Dan.
Speaker 9: Uh the source of information is should go to the source. I did not read the papers of Israel yesterday or today, so I'm not informed in up to date. But the best papers are the Times of Israel, Howrett's h A. R Etz I left out an r and the Jerusalem Posts. They usually have the real information and often it disagrees with American newspapers dramatically. Now, as to the nuclear weapons, there's a group who was participating with Oppenheimer, and there was a man named Edward Teller, and Teller spent his time visiting Oppenheimer and then going to Israel and talking to their scientists, and then going to Russia and talking to the Russian science.
Speaker 2: We're talking, by the way, we're talking at nineteen forties.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, yes, yes, So scientists are not like regular people. Regular people have different things. Scientists are almost like a brotherhood. They're more interested in getting it right, and they're more interested in cooperating with other scientists than in cooperating with any particular country. So just how we invented, how we participated in inventing the nuclear weapon is the classic example of that. Now, the Persian scientists in the two thousands, from two thousand and twenty ten, the Jet Propulsion Lab in California, which is our source of rocket technology, and they do other kinds of research as well. The chief scientist was an Iranian scientists, The head of the laboratory under Bush was an Iranian scientists, and other scientists working in California for ten years at the Jet Propulsion Lab. Then they retired at any rate. Teller also spoke to people who were speaking to Iranian scientists in the nineteen forties. My conclusion is that Iran, if they Israel has had there's a group in Cambridge called the Union of Concerned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're very familiar with them, very familiar with that group. The point you were making about the Iranian scientist and you said your conclusion was, I didn't hear your conclusion.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 9: My conclusion was and is that all these people knew how to make a nuclear weapon in nineteen sixty The only one who has never produced a weapon, perhaps because of their religious feelings. We're trying to make them not a religious so that they will actually participate. The only one for sixty years is who has not used the lab to produce a weapon is Iran.
Speaker 2: But they've been so that's the point. Is the point, the ability to.
Speaker 9: Do it, but they don't have an incentive to do it. Well, for GEO.
Speaker 2: Look, you went three four minutes here on a speech, which is great. But I think your conclusion. Yeah, you've gone three forty four right now. Okay, what I'm telling you is I think your conclusion. We don't do speeches, we do conversations. I think your conclusion is wrong. They have been trying to make they have centrifuges, they have enriched uranium. They've been trying to make a weapon for years.
Speaker 9: That's why centrifuges have nothing to do with making a weapon.
Speaker 2: They have everything to do with what's making a weapon without? Can you make can you make it a weapon without? Can you make can you make nuclear weapons without centrifugions?
Speaker 9: You don't need centrifuge. Just make the material, the material, make.
Speaker 2: A nuclear weapons around, Geo, it's material. Okay. I don't want to get into I don't want to get into cousin.
Speaker 1: Around the world.
Speaker 2: I don't care about your cousin, Leo. Put your cousin on the phone, Geo. I gotta go, man, I gotta go, Geo. I tried to be as you called early, which I appreciate, and I tried to give you a wide berth. But you've taken me from Edward Teller. Uh and uh, you know in the nineteen forties to then, and you're telling me that Iran doesn't want to make a nuclear weapon. You're absolutely wrong. You're absolutely wrong. If they could have said at any point, at any point, uh GEO, in the last ten years, in the last twenty years, we have no interest. We will allow inspectors to come in at unannounced times, which they have not been doing. They're now saying they will will not allow inspectors to come in. Of course, they want a nuclear weapon. They have said they want to destroy Israel.
Speaker 9: Israel has never been inspected in sixty years. Kennedy insisted on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will trust Israel, Uh with my life. I would not trust uh Iran with your life.
Speaker 9: I would trust the people of Israel with my life. I would not trust Benjamin Netanyan, and neither was most Israelis. Neither would mostralis Israelis.
Speaker 2: Why did they keep electing him prime minister?
Speaker 9: Jail because they have eight political parties and manipulation.
Speaker 2: I see, Okay, good, all right, thanks Gio, thanks very much. It was what you wanted to do was attack net Yahoo from the beginning. You should have gone right for it. Go right for it. Don't don't telling me about Edward he lived.
Speaker 9: I knew him when he lived in Boston.
Speaker 1: He was different, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you'll do me a favor. Give him a call and bring him on the show and we'll have a debate. Okay, thanks, thanks to you. I appreciate it. Everybody knows he lived in Boston, that's true. Glenn and Brighton, Glenn, welcome back.
Speaker 5: How are you well? I'm depressed, And he said, it's angry at the same time because now this, if this piece Deill holds, Trump would have won me over what he did Saturday. But I Saturday, when I heard, you know, after voting for him for rest in my own business, I wanted to sneak past security and give him a spanking. Can't give him over my knee with good luck with that. No, I know it's not going to happen. But yep, okay, well you know what I'm saying. I just I you know, if I don't want him in peace, I don't want him in jail. If he could run again, i'd vote for him. But I just now, I just hope he doesn't own spebe because of this. Well, I had your back. Now you can't. I was hoping we'd just let b Be finish the job.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for you. To be honest with you, I was hoping the Red Sox will win the World Series. So I can understand feelings of disappointment GEO this, yeah, But all I'm just saying is that this situation is fluid. If the if the ceasefire holds great. If it doesn't hold, then then we'll deal with it. I think it is stunning that. I think it is stunning, and I think that it is so indicative of where we are tonight. I don't need to see battle assessments because battle assessments don't exist at this point. This is not taking photographs from space of the ground. This is three This is three hundred feet underground. The fact that Iran has engaged in a cease fire with Israel voluntarily within forty eight hours of the attack on the nuclear sites is all I need to know. It's all I need to know An. It's well, I'll say, I can't predict if it's going to hold. I don't know, I don't know, but I can tell you this, it's hell for the last twelve hours. And that's a good thing. That is so no reason to be depressed.
Speaker 5: No, I just don't want I just don't want Trump. You know, I held your bet. I don't want it to own baby because of you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I think you're overthinking it, Glenn. But that's okay. You gotta do what you gotta do. Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not trying to overthink.
Speaker 2: I'm just sometimes you don't, but sometimes you do. You overthink and you don't realize it. Glenn. You and I are not players in this action. Okay, we are, Melia, are observers's and guess what we're better shaped today. Did you see what the stock market did today?
Speaker 5: No, I don't follow the stock market.
Speaker 2: Well I know you don't. The stock market was of about one one and a half percent across the board. That says to me that the money people in New York are feeling pretty good about where we are from just a business point of view. Okay, And the Dow futures. I'm going to look for the Dow futures for you right now and give you a sense as to where it's going to be tomorrow. I don't know what.
Speaker 5: This is another question.
Speaker 2: The dow are up a little bit tomorrow, so it's you know, there's there's some indecision or maybe they're peaked out. They're back. The scald market is doing very well, and that is an indicator that along with the fact that Iran wants to engage in peace talks or wants at least a cease fire. Maybe they're want peace talks at least a cease fire.
Speaker 5: I Okay, this may go good. I mean, I hope it does.
Speaker 2: I hope you're not depressed, Glenn, But you know what, you're depressing the hell out of my audience right now. So I'm going to let you go. Thanks.
Speaker 5: I had a question ask you.
Speaker 2: What's the question? What's the question?
Speaker 5: Who gets to decide who can have nukes and who can't? Like Israel, who can have But I thought that we decided by the World courtis.
Speaker 2: Decided by political power. China decided they want There are nine nations with nukes France, Germany, the United States, Russia, China, Pakistan, India, Israel, and I may be missing one there, but there are nine. The most powerful nations in the world have nuclear weapons. Mali and uh and Nicaragua do not have nuclear weapons because they do not have the political power to possess nuclear weapons.
Speaker 5: That's what I keep hearing Trump saying that he not We're not going to let you have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: Yes, And what he did on Saturday night was his action which which he in which he sent a measure to them. He said, don't come on when you get that. You get that.
Speaker 5: That's why he Bob, don't I have a right to disagree with this particular of.
Speaker 2: Course you do. But but but we've gone four minutes and we got to go for the new cast. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good night.
Speaker 2: Coming back on Nightside. I'm looking for some callers who can actually respond to the questions i'm asking. We'll be back on Nightside right after the eleven o'clock news