Speaker 1: Toby and Chili Mornings on Demand on ninety seven point one wash FM.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, It is Toby and Chilly in the Morning at ninety seven point one Wash FM, and I'm kidd O'Shea in for Toby again today.
Speaker 3: Great to be here with you.
Speaker 4: Good to have you now. You were actually a little bit earlier than you normally are. Does that mean that your Uber driver knew where they were going?
Speaker 3: They did?
Speaker 2: You know? If you were listening on Monday, you know, I had an Uber driver that was really following the speed limit when she was going twenty four and at twenty five, which I appreciate her safety. Today, I was lucky to get upgraded to a black car. I did not choose this. I just chose a regular ride on lift without paying extra, without paying extra, and I get in the car and he said, oh, I've got to pick somebody up and take him to the airport out here in Rockville. So they let you get the black car. I had to go out this way anyway.
Speaker 1: You Uber and lyft everywhere, I very rarely do. Is there really a big difference between the black car service and just like is somebody driving you from point A to point B?
Speaker 4: Does it really matter.
Speaker 2: There really is a drastic difference because you can get somebody, let's just say you had a part time job after you finished the radio show. Every day you're like, I'm gonna drive Lyft for a couple of hours. That's the nice thing about ride chairs. People can do that. Black car drivers likely do that full time. So that's all they do. They know how to drive, they know where they're going, they bend places, and their cars are really nice.
Speaker 4: So it's a luxury car.
Speaker 3: It's a luxury car. You get an experienced.
Speaker 2: Drive, yes, yeh, and there's nothing wrong with the Hondays that you drive.
Speaker 4: Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I don't know that it's worth a huge price difference, but hey no, if you know what.
Speaker 4: If it's a business expense, I can see why people.
Speaker 2: Would do it one hundred percent. But I do think that driver for getting me here safely. More importantly, I think the person that's going to the airport at four fifty this morning, that that got me the free ride out here.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I love it.
Speaker 2: All Right, We've got a big show for you today and top stories are on the way next.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Treon White one back is DC Council seat in War eight despite facing federal bribery charges. We've got that story and more coming up as Toby and Chilly in the Morning continues on ninety seven point one wash FM Top Stories, Top of the Hour, Top Stories presented by Celsius Energy Drinks House Speaker Mike Johnson calling on Attorney General Pam Bondi to clarify her comments about Jeffrey Epstein following the Justice Department's decision to stop releasing further details in the case. While expressing continued trust in the President, Johnson says the public deserves full disclosure. Treyon White has won back his DC Council seat in Ward eight despite facing federal bribery charges. He secured nearly thirty percent of the vote in a low turnout special election, and it raises questions for the Council about whether to seat him again or to consider a second expulsion. A thirty two year old Rockville man is facing a series of serious charges after a three month investigation into a peeping tom case of McGough. Now Initially he was arrested in May for secretly recording a fifteen year old girl in a store changing room. Javier Morales was then released, but then a search of his phone revealed child sex abuse material and animal cruelty videos. The Washington Commanders are going to be retiring Pro Football Hall of Famer Art Monk's number eighty one jersey during their Week nine home game against the Seattle Seahawks November two, honoring his career and three Super Bowl titles with the team. Monk becomes the sixth player in the franchise to receive this distinction. And the Emmy nominations were announced to yesterday. Apple TV Plus's Severance leads the pack with twenty seven total nods. HBO max Is the Penguin followed with twenty four nominations. The show, which is going to be hosted by comedian Nate Bargat's Airs Live on CBS September fourteenth. Forecast for today, Well, it's going to be cloudy. We do have a slight chance of showers. Storms are possible late this afternoon. Highs in the low nineties. Right now, seventy six in Fairfax.
Speaker 2: All right, Chili, thanks for gettingus up to date. I'm kiddoshe in for Toby. We all need a little motivation to get the day started, especially on a Wednesday. That's why we have the Morning Mindset. Chili will share a special quote with us next to get us started here on ninety seven point one Wash FM, go'by and Chilly in the Morning. Ninety seven point one wash FM, Wednesday Morning, I'm kiddoshe in for Toby. Time for the morning Mindset.
Speaker 1: Abraham Lincoln said, if I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe. Basically meaning preparation is everything. Mall's people might just start swinging right away, but Lincoln is saying, you know, he was going to use most of that time getting his tool ready, because a sharp axe will do the job faster, save for in a lot less effort. So it really is a metaphor for life, for work, or pretty much any big task. If you take the time to plan and you think things through and make sure you've got the right tools or skills, you're going to be way more effective. So think about this that on this hump day, if I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe. That's Abraham Lincoln. You can find that quote or share your own using hashtag morning mindset are going to the Toby and Chili page at washfm dot com.
Speaker 2: Awesome man, We hope you have a great day at work today. We're glad you're starting your day with us here on WASHFM. So what if you have the option to choose what days you want to work? We'll tell you what Superstar is saying, I'm only going to work once in a while, and we'll tell you why. Coming up next, Toby and Chilly in the Morning, ninety's seven point one wash FM. It's kindoshe in for Toby. All right, what if you could just say choose when you want to work. You're so rich you can choose whenever you want to work. You tell them when you want to work. Here's why we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: Miley Cyris did an interview recently where she says she has no desire to tour and maybe that'll end or change one day. But Miley is saying, like, look, touring takes so much out of you physically and mentally, that in order to preserve her mental health and sobriety, yeah, she's choosing not to tour, and I think that's very rud and self aware. She's got the money it's not like she has to tour, and what would you do in her.
Speaker 3: I would do the same thing.
Speaker 2: If I were rich, I'd stay home and chill and work once in a while if I could, and just live very simple, a simple life.
Speaker 3: What about you, Chili?
Speaker 1: If I love creating and making music or whatever it is I am doing as a famous person, I would still do that. I think the best thing is a residency. That is that's a game changer, right, You go to Vegas for a couple of months, stay in a nice hotel. You don't have to live out of a suitcase, no, for like every other day. You just kind of settle for a minute, and you get to be in front of your fans.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea. Maybe I would do the residency. Teddy and Leesburg, Welcome to our conversation. Eight sixty six nine two seven four three six one. Would you want to be a rock star out on tour?
Speaker 5: Well, I love attention and I'm happiest when I'm busy, So give me the life of a touring rock star any day. I can't imagine how thrilling it is to feel all that energy and appreciation coming at you time ten or fifty thousand people.
Speaker 1: Thanks for sharing that, Teddy. I do want to also at I think it depends where you are in life. If you're single, it's one thing, but if you have a family, that can be very tiring.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Janis in Rockville, Good morning, Welcome to the conversation.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I'd better stay home, rich and chill.
Speaker 4: I'm touring just sounds so exhausting.
Speaker 6: And there's no way I'm living out of a suitcase and missing my bed all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh, that missing the bed thing is so true.
Speaker 1: Even going one week vacation, you know you miss the bed, the pillow, all the things. Janie, you make a great point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And as someone who travels for my other job on Good Morning Washington, I travel a lot. I love it. I get to see the world. It's awesome. But there's nothing like home. There's nothing like your own bed.
Speaker 4: So true.
Speaker 2: I'm sticking with Miley on this one. Coming up next, we'll get you caught up on today's top stories and look at the weather as well. More storms in the forecast today. Chili will time that out for us in just a few minutes here on ninety seven point one.
Speaker 3: Wash out Top stories top of the Hour.
Speaker 1: Russia has dismissed President Trump's demand for a ceasefire agreement in Ukraine within fifty days as unacceptable, emphasizing the need for continued negotiations. President Trump had threatened massive terroriffs against Russia if it doesn't end the war. The Pentagon announced yesterday that two thousand California National Guard members deployed to LA last month have been recalled. Officials say the decision was made because quote, lawlessness in Los Angeles is subsiding. The DC Council missed its July fifteenth deadline to approve the three point seven billion dollar RFK Stadium redevelopment deal, now that puts the Commander's return to DC at risk. Montgomery County passed a bill that cracks down on unlicensed for profit house parties in residential areas. The new law raises fines up to five thousand dollars and up to fifteen thousand dollars for related violation, and also aims to curb large ticketed events that have caused noise, traffic, and also safety issues. Don't be surprised if you spot some small robots rolling through Arlington. It's all part of a three week pilot program to map and inspect sidewalks. The bots will use laser scanners to detect safety issues like cracks and gaps, and officials are asking the public to avoid interacting with them, and according to recent survey, one in five Americans are secretly using AI tools at work without formal approval. Seventy seven percent say that AI boosts their confidence at work. Seventy five percent believe it helps them compete with larger companies, especially in marketing, where eighty two percent of AI use is concentrated. Forecasts for today cloudy skies, there is a chance of some severe storms later this afternoon. Is human hies around ninety going to feel like one hundred right now seventy five in Beltsville.
Speaker 2: AI knows words that I would never know, So I'm all about it all right? Coming out next year with Toby and Chilly. I'm kiddoshe in for Toby. We all need sleep. But wait until you hear how many relationships aren't on the same page when it comes to sleep. Are you in one of these relationships? We'll discuss next ninety seven point one Wash FM with Toby and Chilly in the morning. I'm kiddo, Shay, good morning. Great to have you here with us. Did you get good rest last night? If you didn't, you may be able to blame your partner for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like a study shows that a lot of couples really are not on the same page when it comes to sleep, and thirty seven percent who share a bed are the only ones that go to sleep at the same time. That's thirty seven percent. Do you guy, do you and you and your partner go to bed at the same time?
Speaker 3: We do?
Speaker 2: I have to say, if there's one really really great thing about our relationship is that we sleep really well, like both of us don't disrupt each other. And yes, we go to bed ninety percent of the time at the same time every night.
Speaker 4: We're the opposite.
Speaker 1: My husband and I always go to bed earlier because I'm always tired. But yes, I go to bed earlier. How about this, What would you say is the most common tension point because the number one answers are tech use, snoring or room temperature.
Speaker 2: Thankfully, he's not a snore, but room temperature would be the problem, and he doesn't like the ceiling fan on we're sleeping. I think it's the nicest luxury in the world, having a ceiling fan.
Speaker 4: What about you snoring his snoring?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, we've Yeah, that's why in a way I'm okay with going to bed first, because if I get into a deep sleep, I don't.
Speaker 3: Get it doesn't bother you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't wake me up as much.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what's the solution if you're sleeping with somebody you're not getting good rest?
Speaker 4: Oh, a sleep divorce?
Speaker 3: A sleep divorce. So what is a sleep divorce? Chilling separate rooms?
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, you got to go through that, sometimes a long time, sometimes just a quick little season.
Speaker 2: Well, we live in a one bedroom apartment in the city, so someone's gonna be sleeping on the couch if we ever go through a.
Speaker 3: Sleep to Shelby and Chili's nearly impossible question. What is today's question? Chile?
Speaker 1: The average American is forty one years old when they start doing this.
Speaker 4: What is it all right?
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine two seven four three six one. That's eight six six nine two seven four three six one. Play for tickets to see Hanson at the Hall at Live on October twenty sixth.
Speaker 3: What is that question again?
Speaker 5: Chile?
Speaker 1: The average American is forty one when they start doing this, What is it?
Speaker 4: Easy?
Speaker 2: Trivia contest this morning to win those Hanson tickets eight sixty six nine two seven four to three six one, The answer to the Nearly Impossible Question, and more music to get your day started.
Speaker 3: Next, Shelby and Chili's Nearly Impossible Question. Toby has the morning off. I'm kidd o'shee.
Speaker 2: We are playing for tickets to Hanson at the Hall at Live on October twenty sixth. Chili, what is today's question?
Speaker 1: The average American is forty one when they start doing this?
Speaker 4: What is it all right?
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine two seven four three six one. That's eight six six ninety two seven four three six one.
Speaker 1: Linda in Herndon, Welcome to the show. Hope you're doing well this morning. You've got the question, what do you think the answer is?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, taking vitamins?
Speaker 1: Is that about when you've started taking yours?
Speaker 4: Age forty one?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh no.
Speaker 4: My mom was having me take vitamins from the time I could two.
Speaker 2: Those Flintstone vitamins and we were kids were really good. I love they're like candy candy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an excellent guess. Linda, But yeah, that's the correct answer. Forty one is when the average American starts taking vitamins.
Speaker 3: All right, nice job, you got those.
Speaker 2: Take us to Hanson at the Hall at Live on October twenty sixth, So take your vitamins so you're in good shape for the Hanson Show. Yes, isn't that sad that we're saying we're going to do a Hanson show and taking our vitamins.
Speaker 3: Before we go. Well, you know, it is a women of a certain age you're going to see And guys, I'm with you. I might be at that show with you.
Speaker 2: We'll play again for more for tickets tomorrow morning, right here with Toby and Chile in the morning. Top Story's coming up next, Top Stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 1: House Speaker Mike Johnson is calling on Attorney General Pam Bondy to address her comments about the Jeffrey Epstein case following the Justice Department's decision to stop further disclosures. His remarks mark a notable shift from President Trumps stands, as the President has publicly defended Bondi. Treyon White has won back his DC Council seat in Ward eight despite facing federal bribery charges. He secured nearly thirty percent of the vote in a low turnout special election, raising questions for the council about whether to seed him again or consider a second expulsion. Police in Fairfax County are looking for a suspect who's accused of attacking a seventy year old Fairfax Connector bus driver. This happened in Lorton last Tuesday. Video shows the attacker arguing with the bus driver before punching the elderly man several times and then dragging him off the bus. The Washington Commanders are going to retire Pro Football Hall of Famer Art Monks number eighty one jersey, and it's going to happen during their Week nine home game against the Seattle Seahawks November two. It'll honor his career and three Super Bowl titles with the team. Monk becomes the sixth player in franchise history to receive this distinction. And according to recent survey, the average American enjoys two hundred fifty two good days a year. It finds that Floridians they've got the highest number of good days, with about two hundred and seventy six In Virginia, it's about two hundred and forty and Maryland has two hundred and fifty two good days forecast for today, cloudy skies, we have a chance of more severe storms this afternoon. Highs around ninety that humidity though, that make it feel like one hundred and right now it is seventy sixty in Falls Church.
Speaker 2: And I'm kiddoshe in for Toby. We hope you are having one of those really good days today. Coming up next, there is some controversy in the Chiliamar household and it has to do with the ice cream man. Wait until you hear what Chili's husband Don did that has Chili a bit concerned the ice cream man.
Speaker 4: Caused this problem relationship.
Speaker 2: We'll share that with you next ninety seven point one Wash FM, Chilia Mar kidd o'she it's Toby and Chili in the morning. Toby has the morning off. Controversy in the cul de sac and it all has to do with the ice cream man.
Speaker 1: Yes, first, let me say when we moved into our cul de sac, I was so excited that we were one of the stops for mister softy, which is not mister good humor.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So there's a difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really high quality soft serve versus prepackaged whatever, good humor man stuff. And this year we're on the stop twice a week.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's.
Speaker 1: Double the amount of ice cream a week if you want, and it's hard to resist.
Speaker 3: Food doesn't love ice cream.
Speaker 1: Tuesdays and Saturdays. Here's the problem though. This year he comes around maybe four forty five in the afternoon. Now we're early eaters for dinner, maybe five point thirty receipdays. The problem there, of course, Saturday, it doesn't matter so much. We can eat later. But Tuesday night, like, we ruin your appetite. So I sat down and I told my son, listen, no ice cream on Tuesdays.
Speaker 4: We can just get it on Saturdays.
Speaker 1: Make it a treat, make it special. Last week I ran some errands on a Tuesday, came home and started to make dinner. We sit down, we're having dinner, and of course my son is trying to eat his and my husband is struggling through getting dinner, and I'm like, does anything taste okay?
Speaker 3: Is that not normal?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: He usually scarves it down and get seconds. He looks at dinato. My son then don looks at me and says, well, we may have had some ice cream, And that's when they had to confess.
Speaker 3: They're cheating on you with the ice cream man.
Speaker 4: They did while Mama was out. They couldn't resist the chimes.
Speaker 1: They went outside and had soft serve ice cream before I made dinner.
Speaker 4: But to their credit, they did finish everything on their plates.
Speaker 2: Well that's good, but seriously, I don't blame you in like, ice cream is such a treat, like after dinner, it's kind of nice to have it and the night. Yeah, Like I don't think i'd want it before dinner. So yeah, I think you need to have a talk with the ice cream man and say.
Speaker 3: Stop coming around my house.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, how about we just come a little earlier or after.
Speaker 2: Coming up next with Toby and Chilly in the morning. Am I the only person that had this happen to me before the big storms on Monday? Think back to those are intense storms on Monday. I'll share what happened to me and Chili. You're telling me I'm not alone on this, all right? That's coming up next here on ninety seven point one wash FM. We appreciate you starting your Day with us here on ninety seven point one Wash FM with Toby and Chilly in the morning. I'm kiddoshe did this happen to you with the storms on Monday? Did you all the sudden feel intense pain in your hip? And you said, what's wrong with me?
Speaker 4: No, your hip is bothering you.
Speaker 3: Well, let me explain. I do not have pain.
Speaker 2: I don't have a history of hip pain. But I was out to meet a friend and I had this intense, sharp pain down my hip as if I had gone on a run, and I was like cramping up. And I assure you I have not gone on a run or to the gym in a long time.
Speaker 4: Do you think it was related to the storms?
Speaker 1: Because I know some people when they have like BM pain it's because of well.
Speaker 2: I remember growing up my mother always being like, oh, my neck, I can feel a rain's coming. I'm like, really, my mom can feel the rain coming. And then I'm like, oh my gosh. Ten minutes later we had those intense storms, and we haven't had storms that heavy, where the thunder, the lightning, the rain and like that.
Speaker 3: In a while, I'm like, wow, maybe I can feel the rain.
Speaker 1: Yes you can, and these things happen as you get older. No, you're not alone. I mean I think it was. I read the statistic like twenty eight percent of people feel some kind of pain every days now that we're of a certain day. Yes, correct, as we get older. Thankfully, my bones don't ache when it's gonna rain. But I will tell you if I sleep anywhere anywhere besides my own bed, I am hurting for date.
Speaker 3: Got your neck pain?
Speaker 1: Yes, neck back, And it used to be I could sleep on the floor, in the car, anywhere, but no, those days are over.
Speaker 3: Well, so must have to do with getting older.
Speaker 2: So as you've gotten older, what aches and pains all of a sudden appeared? I'm like, do I have Do I need to go see a hip doctor? Eight six six nine two seven four three six one eight six six ninety two seven four three six one, or maybe you can predict the weather like I.
Speaker 3: Can now too with my hip pain. We'd love for you to join the conversation.
Speaker 2: We'll get to your calls in just a little bit here with Toby and Chilly in the morning coming up next though, it's top stories. We'll get you caught up on that. And there is more rain and storms in the forecast day. Just when will those hit? Chili will time that out for.
Speaker 3: Top stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 1: President Trump is asking Attorney General Pam Bondi to release any credible documents from the Jeffrey Epstein files, dismissing the alleged client list as a political fabrication. The Pentagon announced yesterday that two thousand California National Guard members deployed to LA last month have been recalled. Officials say that decision was made because quote, lawlessness in Los Angeles is subsiding. The DC Council missed its July fifteenth deadline to approve the three point seven billion dollar RFK Stadium redevelopment deal, and that puts the Commander's return to d C at risk. Montgomery County has passed a bill cracking down on unlicensed for profit house parties in residential areas. The new law raises fines up to five thousand dollars and up to fifteen thousand dollars for related violations.
Speaker 4: It aims to.
Speaker 1: Curb large to maketed events that have caused noise, traffic, and safety issues. Dallas Airport will mark a major construction milestone tomorrow with a topping out ceremony for Concourse E as the final beam is placed. The fourteen gate Concourse, which started construction last year, is expected to open fall of twenty twenty six. The Smithsonian has temporarily closed four of its DC museums because of humidity control issues that began Saturday at its central plant. The affected museums include the Hirshhorn, the National Museums of Asian Art, African Art, and the American, Indian.
Speaker 4: And Capitol Bike Share.
Speaker 1: The raising its price starting August first because of rising operating costs. Annual memberships will increase from ninety five dollars to one hundred and twenty dollars, thirty day passes will go up by five dollars, day passes by two dollars, and electric bike rates will raise or go up by five cents a minute. Forecasts for today cloudy sky is a chance of some severe storms again. Highs around ninety Right now, it's seventy six engagers.
Speaker 2: Berg, Toby and Tilly in the morning, ninety seven point one Wash FM. I'm kidd o'sha two hours of commercial free music coming up in just a few minutes. We're talking about what aches and pains you have as you've gotten older, because I just realized I have a new one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because your hip cannot predict severe storms.
Speaker 2: A big storm on Monday, with that thunder, that lightning, that intense rain. About ten minutes before I had these shooting pains in my hip, I thought, what is going on with me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We get wiser as we get older, but we also start to physically break down a bit.
Speaker 3: And Jamie and Arlington, you're with us on this one.
Speaker 6: Evan't gotten older. I realize I've been popping blood vessels way more often than I used to. It's pretty unnerving to look in the mirror and your eye is half bloody. I would just consider that an acre of pain. Sure, and I guess I can't lift as much as I used to in the him anymore.
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling Jamie. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 2: I just avoid the gym at all costs so I don't have to deal with that pain.
Speaker 1: Oh it's funny, Ken, you're part of the show in Bethesda.
Speaker 4: What about you.
Speaker 7: I've been pulling Charlie horses more than usual. I was going boeling with my friends the other day and I pulled both my cabs pretty bad. My friends were kind of laughing at me from limping throughout the night. It was really embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry about that, Ken. You know, the whole Charlie horse thing.
Speaker 1: That could be from lack of electra electrolytes or dehydration.
Speaker 4: Don't ask me how I know.
Speaker 3: Now we know one more. Toby and Jilly head over to WASHAFN dot com for the iHeartRadio app.