Speaker 1: Hey, listen, Commanders Who Got Podcast Episode four eighty nine. I'm brand O, here's Ryan and I We're gonna talk about the band. Listen another game changing changes now are hey Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure. How you do it?
Speaker 2: Oh baby? Good? What is going down?
Speaker 1: The whole ton is going down. We got some very exciting, slash, interesting, slash kind of soft news from the Rules Advisory Committee.
Speaker 2: Board, Commander Format Panel, the CFP.
Speaker 3: THEFF, the KUFF straight off the kuff.
Speaker 1: They have already ruled for the year with a asterix on it. We're gonna talk about that later on the show. We've got some stories to tell, some people to thank. Before we get to any of that stuff, we have to thank reficial business daddies Fusion Gaming Online dot com. They are your source for all your gaming needs where you can use the new CEO promo code which is CECO Nation. That's it. It's pretty easy, CECO Nation, easy to remember, and you can save five percent off all of the game changing game changes that you're gonna want.
Speaker 2: To buy now, oh baby, because you're gonna wanna.
Speaker 1: All the things taken off of the game Changer's list that you're really really gonna wanna buy that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna need a discount.
Speaker 1: On and maybe some of those dastardly, dastardly new game changers. We're gonna buy those, or maybe some of the unbanned cards too.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I am so frickin pumped about the cards that got unbanned. Oh it's gonna be awesome. But we gotta thank Pile of Bones Brewing Code. They are the official sponsor of.
Speaker 1: C CEO Side season three. Now looking for applicants for the May episode, which will air soon right here on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go, and bonus point if you're a Patreon supporter over at patreon dot com. Slash CCO podcast. I think thus far this year we've had all patrons from different cities, different provinces, different countries on the show, and I can tell you this, as of our most recent recording, I finally do have the audio issues figured out.
Speaker 1: We are sorry, editor, Tyler, I didn't know that was happening. So that Tyler, you're a fine person.
Speaker 2: He's fine. Yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Helps out lots of me to our streams.
Speaker 3: Well yeah yeah, he just bugs me. He just beaks me the whole time, beating sometimes I'm not even.
Speaker 1: Here, and sometimes he helps us out. It's like, hey, man, what the hell is this? And then he like looks it up for us and then we oh, cool, very good. Well, it's a good man to have around anytime he is around.
Speaker 2: So yeah, very much. We appreciate producer Gary and him letting us be here taking up all his time when he's actually busy. Today at the Dufferin Avenue Media Network Studio, Network.
Speaker 1: Studio, Studio Network Studio.
Speaker 2: Yes, very much, so happy to be here, happy to talk about game changers, happy to say that right after this recording, you're good friend Ryan, Uncle Brando, we are freakin' booking the CEO Experience Las Vegas House. I want to get the tabs out of my browser. I want to get it all up onto the CECO website for the patrons that'll be joining us there. Big shout out to you if you reached out and said, hey, do I have to freaking pay for this thinking that you missed it? But you haven't missed it yet because I haven't done it.
Speaker 1: But we will be doing it in the next call it hour and fifteen minutes, Yes, sir, because that gives us an hour to record the show, yes sir, and then fifteen minutes to actually get the job done. Five of those minutes will be actually work, and it'll be fucking around most likely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when that happens, you'll be the patrons that are coming, will be the first to get a look at the new merch, what the new shirts look like, what the Ceco experience stuff looks like. And of course the patrons after all of that gets created, will be the first to hear about it and see it and the first to get a discount on it at at Commander Couco dot com. Yeah, so that's one of the benefits becoming a patron. So fricking do it, because we would love the support now that we've got to do everything ourselves.
Speaker 1: And I miss Joe. Although it did give me an opportunity to see if I can draw with a mouse. Yet I thought, maybe after all these years of not doing it, maybe I just became good at it. And I think that I'm fine.
Speaker 2: I'm shaking my head. You'd know if you're watching on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Which it should be, and you're going to see some of my artwork. Again, if you're watching on YouTube, you're gonna see some some original brandos pop up Oh Brand Originals.
Speaker 2: Yes, I didn't know that I was going to say that when I started saying that. But we did get there. You did get I do have to have one more thing to say. Oh shit, not deserted temple a. You got there. Shout out to editor Joe. Yeah, okay, so las thing. I didn't even tell you this before we started, but I see it in my notes. I started the Ryan Pineff original original playmat and sleeve art, and it looks fricking better. I thought it was going to.
Speaker 1: Of course it does. You probably thought it was gonna look like shit because you don't take any into account that you're a very talented artist and you have no self confidence, whereas I'm very confident, and the member of the nations all think that you were gonna do a great job. And now we're not surprised.
Speaker 2: It looks so good, that the color is so nice, and I'm tweaking up the design a little bit, you'll still like it. It's still something you like.
Speaker 1: Is there a dinosaur in a bubble helmet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Maybe shut up Berno?
Speaker 1: Oh, is it actually doesn't actually have a dinosaur in a bubble helmet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: This is very exciting. It's so very exciting.
Speaker 2: Like everything else. Our members in our discord that are our Patreon supporters would be the first to see that and get all the details when that Kickstarter stuff goes live, and I'm shooting for Vegas because I would love to tell people and show people and showcase like the art and the sleeves and the play mat and stuff like, even if it's just on my fricking phone, I would love to show that off in Vegas in June when the Kickstarter is live, to kind of like give it some momentum. That's good idea.
Speaker 1: Hey, that momentum is always good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the unless unless you're getting hit by like a bus.
Speaker 1: What if you're the one here.
Speaker 2: Momentum is always good unless it's freaking unbans or bands. Oh yeah, yeah that was remember remember last September and then the rollout of the bracket matchmaking system, which I think was good.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now we've got our first update the bracket system. Sorry I jumped right into it. Do not changing really some verbiage on like the graphics that they show people. They've changed a couple of words.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about that The first thing we're going to talk about today, baby.
Speaker 2: Unbans. There is unbands.
Speaker 1: They're free, free, these cards are free. They were banned and now they are unbanned. We had all sorts of things to say about them. Last week. We made our predictions about what would and would not be unbanned.
Speaker 2: Who did you predict? I know that I said Coalition. I've been saying Coalition victory for months.
Speaker 1: I said Bio Rhythm and Jeweled Lotus. And I wouldn't be surprised if Primetime came off. Oh I don't count that one necessarily as a prediction. Yeah, be surprised.
Speaker 2: You know what they they gave me unbanned that I didn't even know I wanted. They unbanned things that I thought were gonna be banned as fuck forever forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I thought so too. And we're gonna tell you about that when we get to those cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, are we getting to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What is what's the first card? This card? In so ways, so many ways. Oh, for the record, if you're watch it on YouTube and you want to pick up any of these cards as of the printing date, if you're looking at the show and the cards on the screen. I have put the cheapest available printing of each card as of this moment on the show right now.
Speaker 2: Oh so this is the Jasis Spellbook version of Gifts on given.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is the least expensive if you want to play a Gifts Ungiven in your deck and you don't want to play an Intuition, which was never banned, although it's the same card essentially and costs approximately one thousand percent more money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what the other thing about Intuition is is they unbanned and put onto the Game Changer's list. That's how it works. When you get unbanned, you put on a game changer list. It's not just free for all jerk off. You can put it in any deck. No, they got to be on the game Changers list. That's one of the reasons that the Game Changers List went up by five.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, the thing about Intuition older I think reserved list. Yeah, probably it is same card. So why why shouldn't Gifts Ungiven be u banned?
Speaker 1: It has I think this is just me.
Speaker 2: Spit hold on because I know that I know that people on the internet could get mad at me calling them the same card. I know that they're not the same fucking card. I know that, but they do a very similar thing and are used in the same kinds of decks to find the same sort of redundancies or tricks, if you will, And uh, I'm gonna give it a read.
Speaker 1: Here, Okay, I'm gonna give it a read.
Speaker 2: Do it blue three?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh, this card is an instant. This card's instant. Okay, So search your library for up to four cards with different names and reveal them. Target opponent chooses two of those cards, put the chosen cards into your g yard and the rest into your hand. Yes, so almost every line of text on this card makes it good. It's it's type and manic coost line, it only has one blue pip yep, it's easily splashed, its name and manic cost easily splashable, easy to cast because one Yeah, it's an instant.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first line says up to four cards, yes, so you could find two and then it just go to the bin. And then I target an opponent, I have to choose some schmuck to fucking make a wrong decision, and then the two cards that they choose go to the bin. And if I just searched for two or only three or four like that. All has different ramifications on their choice and what I chose originally.
Speaker 1: And what you find is the things you want in ways to get them. That's typically what you'll find with Yes, given and intuition, which we'll talk about later on in the show, probably more truncatedly, because everything that we say about gifts and given, we're gonna say about intuition.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The one different thing with gifts is it's you don't have to find a specified number of cards. It's up to four, you can find four, you can find none, whereas if you have to find three in with intuition.
Speaker 2: Stirs in what world do I find zero cards with gifts? Ungiven?
Speaker 1: When you're just trying to commit a crime, all you want to do is get your target.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, a storm count storm count with my library being empty, yes, or just.
Speaker 1: One card left in it and you want to shuffle because you think it's funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a reason or a storm count. But I need an extra turn. I'm gonna storm next turn. I have a turn on the stack. I can't draw myself dead. I've got I've got two kind of scenarios with gifts that I would like to highlight. Okay, the first one is this hypothetical world where I gifts on turn three or four and I search, and I've got creatures on the battlefield, and I search for Dread Return and some big fatty I have no business playing on turn three and I just search for those two they immediately give bind. I sack my three things, cast d red Return for free, and get my thing back, and you do and gifts U given turns into tomb and reanimate. Yeah, oh my god, as if I can't search for my combo piece and the other piece of my combo and two graveyard getterbackers like Regrowth and its friend Regrowth. Yeah, like, as if I couldn't do that, and that wasn't powerful enough, that wasn't good enough. As if in Moldrotha, I couldn't search for four different card types. And there's things that you want anyway.
Speaker 1: Two of them are in your hand where you want them, and or in your other hand where you want them anyway.
Speaker 2: Got this card every way you slice it. This card is fucked.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine you cast your twenty five point Genesis wave and you go cards in hand and I go, ah, fuck one, you go okay, Genesis Wave for twenty. I go gifts on given and then I'm tapped out and I search for freaking Pact and negation packed of force of will, fierce Guardianship. I search for four free counter spells. Yeah, and I just counter your sh yet and I still have a free counter smell on my fucking hand After that, all this card is so good. I'm so happy. Are you gonna play this card at any decks?
Speaker 1: I'm not. I don't play the decks that it goes in. I am the decks that I play that it would go in doesn't have blue, So no, not for me.
Speaker 2: The deck that this card's going in already has intuition. I got two fuck h cards an instant.
Speaker 1: It is let's see the next card one, let's se let's see the next one. There this one.
Speaker 2: Who had this on their Bengal card.
Speaker 1: I honestly thought that this one would stay banned just because why did why not? I think they just unbanned it to unban it. World Fire Stars, World Fires unbanned Sway of the Stars now on banned as unbanned. It's a sorcery for blue Blue fucking.
Speaker 2: Eight might as well be blue blue eighty six or blue blue nothing, because it doesn't it doesn't matter. If you're gonna cast it, you're gonna cast it exactly.
Speaker 1: You shuffle your hands, your graveyard and all your permanence into your library draws seven, your life total becomes seven.
Speaker 2: Everybody does that.
Speaker 1: It's shitty. World Fire is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I loved the reasoning from Gavin's article because, like I read through the whole thing and he said, people who like this kind of spell and play World Fire, now they have another thing that if Sway the Stars happens, it doesn't make me feel as bad as Worldfire because probably I don't lose right there, and I have this chance. And here's the thing. I've played magic for twenty some years, and so of you, Yeah, guarantee you'd never sway to the start, sways sway of the started, not one time. You've never swayed. No, you've never starred.
Speaker 1: No, I've upheevled, never swayed.
Speaker 2: And maybe maybe before we die, maybe we'd like to sway.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, never once.
Speaker 2: No I want to sway.
Speaker 1: I'll just play World Fire. It's red.
Speaker 2: It's better I'll play sway it's blue, and we'll do the thing like that. Whereas Walder book where the fire major is shooting fire and the water major is shooting water and their streams are hitting the stream.
Speaker 3: It's the only time I ca compete with you with stream. That's the only time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, garden hose versus one of those little droppers.
Speaker 2: A bendy straw. Yes, I'm the bendy straw. Yes, yeah, Sway the stars, man, I hear what else I would have to say about it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna see so little play, I would say, sway the star is going to see so little play anywhere that it's just one of those cars that who cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, intuition, very play, sway very not play, very no play Okay, exact pushber braids.
Speaker 1: Now. Lots of people I saw were pretty hard about this. Oh braids. I can't wait to braids everybody on turn one and make everybody scoop. And that's why this doesn't really impact anything. She's gonna go in the ninety nine deck, in the ninety nine of the deck that already does what she does, which is turgrad, and she's fine there because that's what that deck's doing and everybody knows that, and it was just at the helm of the deck. This is this might be a hot take. There isn't a fair Braids. You can't say, oh, no, it's not the Braids, because yes, it is. Every Braid's deck is that Braids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll ask you. Do you play sol ring in your Braid's deck, because if you go Swamp soul Ring turn one, Swamp Braids turn two, you're that deck, even if you didn't, even if you think that you're not.
Speaker 1: Then you then you just have to maintain one permanent coming into play every turn, and you can kill your opponents with a two to two in one of the most miserable games they'll ever play.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it's kind of funny that that Braids and tur Grid are not the same deck, but they're both mono black commanders that are on the game changers list for what I would call the same reason. It's a similar reason you have miserable games that remove your opponents agency. And like tur Grid, she's the helm of the deck and everybody knows that or she ain't. And it's like turn seven, Braids is not anything to worry about. It's like I would be more worried if somebody dropped a turn three, four, five, six seven Fleshbag marauder. Yeah, then a Braid's because it's like, oh, that's going to impact me right now, and maybe they're going to sack it, reanimate it or blanket or flicker it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right with flesh bag. I just played fricking Merciless Executioner last night in a pre con and it did more work than a Braid's would it did? Yeah, in my Lord of the Ring, Salaron back, guys, because.
Speaker 1: You have to remember, braids gives the opponent the choice, and the opponent will never choose the thing that you want ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if they only have one thing, they're going to prioritize removal and then removal again and removal again, and like this is it's off. It's it's off the band list because it's not going to be the problem that you think it is. And if it is because somebody in your playgroup or in the wild built the Braid's deck, even if it's unintentional, we have other tools like talking to people before the game starts and says, oh, wait, that's your commander.
Speaker 3: Ah, I don't want to do that I'm playing a deck that has no removal. It's super casual.
Speaker 2: I don't think this is my game, or I'm going to change decks or can you change decks. There's all these scenarios that make it not a big deal.
Speaker 1: And if they say absolutely not, I'm only playing Braids and that's what I'm doing, then you have the option to just fucking beat and that guy can sit there by himself pound in his pot, and that's what's gonna happen. I'll bet you Braids comes off the Game Changer list, oh yeah, and just goes into gen Pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gen Pop.
Speaker 1: I like that, Like if Turgrid is the.
Speaker 2: There's our new graphic look.
Speaker 1: At eh oh, that's fun. I think that Braids is just She's fine.
Speaker 2: Nation, pick up your Braids is I don't think she's going to be the most expensive game Changer edition of the uh not of the list today. That's gonna be Champions of Camagawa Foils from of.
Speaker 3: Gifts and given that's gonna be the most expensive card probably right, Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Next card Coalition Victory. I think I think you called it. I said that you were right, So I'm counting it as a half point for myself, our winner of the boost Back game, and the pre show also said that they were hoping this one came off. Yeah, lots of people are excited about this. We've gone on ad no you about why this is totally fine to come off the band last. Here it is, We got it. Are you gonna jam it into every multi color deck you play, every five color deck that you play, just so that you can fucking win immediately?
Speaker 2: Won't? Have you ever heard of terror terminate doom Blade?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because this checks on resolution yep. So if I spend five mana probably or more for my five mata commander, yep. And then I spent eight mana, that's at least thirteen And I still have to have said commander when this resolves, and if I don't, I've spent thirteen to do fucking nothing is nothing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: If you used it in Child of a Lara when I add Naus into it, a game changed into my game Changer and took eight and lost the game.
Speaker 1: And then you went for eight and then they killed the Child of a Lara and blew it. Doesn't it blow? A player lands too? It was of all the non land permanence. It's like Sen, you wouldn't have the five colored creature or the five types, so you would just have nothing. I would just have nothing. You have nothing.
Speaker 2: My game would certainly have been changed.
Speaker 1: Yes for the worst. And I again, this is fine.
Speaker 2: I like in Gavin's article and I'm not gonna find it where he said it. But one of the things that they took into account is nostalgic reasons. Cards that have a legacy, cards that make people feel something when when they get played. And this is one for me. Like I opened a Coalition Victory out of a booster pack when I was like in grade six and I still have it. Yeah, So I gotta find a placeboard.
Speaker 1: Good Luck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Child of Alara. That's the only place and it's not going in there, So time to build another deck. Ryan, Oh baby, this out of a booster too.
Speaker 1: This is the big one. I think this is the big one. I think no, I think Gifts is this is what everybody's talking about. Gifts is the biggest, baddest card that you got. But I feel like this is the one that's probably gonna have the most effect at a three level.
Speaker 2: Do you remember over the last couple months we were playing the game like this card or this card one has to get unbanned.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: If you put in the unbanned racket in the March Madness freaking game change or unbanned bracket Panoptic Mirror and Gifts ungiven, I would have snap said gifts un given me too. And that is the most wild thing to say, because that's one of the most powerful tutors in magic the gathering, because you can search for four cards and people are still saying no pentoptic Mirror.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, oh, and the reason that panoptic Mirror, which is an artifact for five that has imprint X and tap or x, is the spell that you are imprinting onto its converted manecost. At the beginning of your upkeep, you get to cast one of the spells that has been imprinted on Panoptic Mirror. And everybody said, well, you just gonna put a time warp on it, and then you have infinite turns and you've won the game. And that's true.
Speaker 2: It's it's copy, it's not cast. I just I just reread it again. Anyways, you still you get it, get it.
Speaker 1: You get a time warp at the beginning of every time warp turn giving you infinite turns meaning you've won the game.
Speaker 2: Or a wrath of God or a farewell or a balance. Oh, you won't get balance.
Speaker 1: That's a restore balance.
Speaker 2: Restore balance.
Speaker 1: Restore balance is balance, and you know how much it costs zero So you can play Panoptic Mirror hap it put restore balance on it. At the beginning of every one of your turns, you cast.
Speaker 2: Balance ancestral visions.
Speaker 1: It's another one ancestral recall, yes.
Speaker 2: But visions correct. Yes. And the thing about this is every one of your turns you can pay X and exile a card to imprint it on Panoptic Mirror. So then you have like this little cachet of spells that you can choose from that you can only choose one. But let's say you do a time stretch so you get two extra turns. You only have to time stretch every second turn, so you can Panoptic Mirror something else on every other turn. Sure, like, that's great, but you need to do that. Where I expect to see this card is index that are already chaining extra turns together.
Speaker 1: Which is it just makes the game end fast, which I feel like most of your opponents are gonna want to do when you're chaining extra turns.
Speaker 2: It already it gives you extra turn chaining redundancy. So decks are already doing that. So this already exists only in bracket probably four if we're sticking to the hard and fast bracket system, right, because you can't chain extra turns and bracket three. Sure, sure, or it's gonna go in hard control or like decks that are trying to be stacked decks without playing cards like Winter Urban, blood Moon and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: In Ista ply Winter Urb and blood Moon, they'll play fucking Armageddon.
Speaker 2: They'll play or Wrathagod or Farewell or something like that on their Panoptic Mirror so they can do it every turn and essentially lock the board out of creatures. Yeah, they'll do in their al Drasi deck, they'll do all his dust.
Speaker 1: Sure, I just thought of that. That'd be pretty freaking good. This is true. Panoptic Mirror would not get got by knowledge dust.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's great. Put it alongside your dark Steel Forge to make your Panoptic Mirror industry truc.
Speaker 1: Sure, that would be good.
Speaker 2: That would be very good. I think the card's fine.
Speaker 1: Those are all worst case scenarios. Of course, this is one of the cards. Like when we were talking about Braids, there is no not that Braid's deck deck. I think that you can play Panoptic Mirror fairly and successfully by putting any of the cards that you're thinking of in your head on it. A lightning bolt, a boomerang. The counterpell wouldn't do any good.
Speaker 2: But like, yeah there's counter spell with cascade. No that still doesn't work. Yeah it does, No, it doesn't. I don't care. I'm thinking of like entish restoration saka Land search for three Land. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, you can put so many cards that are totally fair on a panoptic Mirror and it's not going to blow the game up. It has to be a game changer because of the scenarios that we just talked about, changing extraturns, infinite balance, infinite wrath of God, infinite fucking box. You know right, those are all things that it happened. Not that I thought about that and putting Turgert back together so I can panoptic pox everybody, but I did think about doing that. You're That's why I was looking That's literally why I was looking for my panoptic mirrors, so I could do that if I find it. Turgert's going back together, so I can panoptic box fanatic. But it didn't happen. So here we sit, nobody has to worry about that.
Speaker 2: Nobody has to worry about get Oh, that's funny. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think that this one's coming off the bat or off the band list is wait and see. I think I think it's gonna be okay, and I'm willing to wait and see to see if it's going to be as brutal as people think it is. For all the reasons.
Speaker 2: That we can't it ain't want to chain extra turns together. You're gonna have freaking ten manna to start, and then like it's got to survive, Like there's so many things.
Speaker 1: If you have the ten manna to start, it doesn't have to survive because you get all the turns at that point.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, I could just shatter it, well, couldn't I?
Speaker 1: In response to you activating it yet, Hell yeah, you had to spend ten and you got nothing but one.
Speaker 3: Just it's just like casting a frickin' Uh. What was the what was the freaking last one Coalition victory. I could spend thirteen and I could get nothing out of it. This is the same thing. I gotta spend ten and I.
Speaker 1: Could get between ten and eleven and get nothing. It doesn't wield the turn, is what I'm saying. Yeah, it doesn't. You don't get another turn cycle like they have to have it in hand and mana to cast it at the time when you play Panoptic Mirror, if you're gonna do the thing, yes, it costs ten. Yeah, yeah, all the message there, but and it's fine.
Speaker 2: Playing paying ten sway the stars ten great hoof eight like sure, fine whatever that one l drowsy spell that does cause like lulamug and im were cool at the same time. Yeah, probably gonna win the game that actually.
Speaker 3: Gives you an extra turn as it does miror right like insurrection, these are cards that should end the game.
Speaker 1: Actually, that would probably is not the best card you can put on a Panoptic Mirror, not time stretch.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, man, I think that that Insurrection's more epic.
Speaker 1: I think that the cause of like ulamog amor a cool thing like you get an extra turn and you blow up somebody's thing and you draw four cards on all of your infinite turns, so it's not like you're just attacking with a shitty one one that has to kind of get in. You're not looking for a way to do it. That card and anything in play will do it for you. Yes, and I think that that's a good card. I'm going to be said about that.
Speaker 2: What it's called, I don't care what it's. What's our next card? Oh oh wait, Rick.
Speaker 1: Maybe I put that in there by a mistake because I was so excited to play my jeweled Lotuses again.
Speaker 2: For people driving in their cars. It's jeweled Lotus. I'm gonna get a shirt made free jeweled Lotus, not kickers. I'm gonna petition.
Speaker 1: I can't freakable. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Do you think any politicians running in the in the upcoming Canadian election do you think it's in their campaign promises to unbanned jeweled Lotus.
Speaker 1: I'd vote for them if it was.
Speaker 2: I would vote for them if it was.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmmmmmmm. The point is this card can be unbanned, and it should be unbanned right now, right now. I shouldn't have to wait until next goddamn April and I realized that they didn't take it off the list because they don't want to validate threats against people in the community and they don't want to look at their cow towing to wizards. We're saying, listen here, you bunch of fucking sweaty neck beard nerd bitches, we want you to unban our ability to print one hundred dollars bills into packs of cards. And they don't want to appear like their cow towing to either of those segments of the population. So Jewel Lotus Alas remains in jail until next April, when it will come off or else. I think that by or else, I mean I will complain about it until next time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the good good qualifier. Yeah, because or else this is how we got into this trouble exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't want to contribute to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I think you read between the lines there. They can't just back down from this kind of scenario, and they have to say, hey, listen, we want to give this a chance. There's kind of two camps like absolutely keep it banned, absolutely unbanned, and there's nobody in the middle. It's like, well, whatever care. And usually that's where I am, but I'm absolutely unbanned this card. I don't think it signals like, oh, we're weak or wrong or cowardly, or that kind of discourse from the community is effective and works. I don't think it signals any of that.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 2: I like their ability to put it into command or specific sets. I think it's actually net positive for the format. I think more often than not it's relegated to higher power and seedh games, where where it is a welcome addition. I think from my experience there, I think, and I've said this before late game, it gives you the ability to continue to cast your commander and thereby contribute to your strategy and the game overall. Keep playing the game, which I think are all positives. And if it's wait until next year September April, whenever it is, and then it gets unbanned, I'll be happy. Sure, that's great because we get it back, because we get it. Yeah, but if it doesn't, man, I will continue to beat this drum.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, we will have this exact conversation again a year from now when they do the next on banning.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna move to the next picture.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Oh, shit cards that are not good anymore because they were cut from the freakin game changer list.
Speaker 2: Gay changer cuts, okay, game changer cuts, and these ones are the ones that are gonna be.
Speaker 1: They're just they're not even gonna count for points anymore. You can play them willy nilly. They can go wherever you want play them. There's two of them.
Speaker 2: And you can pick them up at Fusion Gaming online dot com.
Speaker 1: You use CCO Nation Holiday. Gonna move my heead CCO Nation promo code. Baby, what do I say?
Speaker 2: Nation Holiday?
Speaker 1: Yes, you did because you wanted it to be shorter. But at CECO Nation is what the new promo code is. Trouble Impairs is our first.
Speaker 2: Card T and P card draw engine in mono. Why it costs four People were comparing it touristic study though it ain't not at all, not close, No, but I can see why, like draw extra cards. When you do extra cards and they just put a bunch of new cards onto the game changer's list, that that effect or limit or reduce or penalize your opponents for drawing extra This rewards me for you drawing extra.
Speaker 1: Now you're doing what you're doing, and I'm not stopping you, but I'm benefiting from it. I think that that's fine.
Speaker 2: That's not taking away any of your agency or weaponizing your card draw. It's just giving me what you also have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's in white. It's white white too. I've I've seen this card played lots of times. I've seen it do nothing and I have seen it take over a game. I've seen it do both things.
Speaker 2: So average case scenario.
Speaker 1: I think, fine, it's fine. Is it absolutely fine? Card that I don't think should have been on the game Changer's list in the first place, to the point that I think they put it on there so they could take it.
Speaker 2: Off virtue signaling or no, what that wouldn't be? What would that be?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Putting it on there just to just to seem like a good guy.
Speaker 1: I think that I and this is this is where you not Brandle, You're being all conspiratorial again. But I think that there are some cards that were on the list that they put on that'll be easy cuts. I think they did some soft unbands to like kind of pad, the actual big ones, panoptic mirror, and I can remember I can give gifts on given. I think that these two off the list are to show that they will take things off the list, and I think that they purposely left cards off the original one so that they could put them on thereby demonstrating that they listen to the community and they will keep the list evolving. I think that they set all of that up ahead of times that they could have this big release come out and have everybody talk about how good the list is and how great a job they're doing and they are, but it's also kind of manufactured to make us think that.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, the point there that I liked the most is where you said to demonstrate that they're doing a good job, and they are. Yes, as long as as long as the job getting done is a good job. I don't really care that I had to wait for trouble in pairs to come off of a list. I own zero of this card. I own one, and.
Speaker 1: It's in the same deck that it was in before any of this happened. It didn't move once and I haven't played it yet since then. But like, well, that's I'm not going to count it like it's just there.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about Commander too, though, is man I could put a gifts on given in my brewvac deck tomorrow. And because I don't play as much c DH as I do more casual DH, I might not see my gifts on given until I play c EDH in Las Vegas like in June, or even after that. Like how many games of magic do you have to play with a deck randomly until you see a specific card?
Speaker 1: That would be a stat for not us.
Speaker 3: That would be a stat for our friends over at dhreck dot camus.
Speaker 1: What's the next card?
Speaker 2: Run, next card? This is the cheapest.
Speaker 1: Oh no, these are the ones since you can play these now because they're off the game changer list, I put the most expensive printings. So this is the masterpiece, turning Sphere from not having ket Caladh calades, oh g whatever. They change the name of that plane too. Trinosphere makes anything that costs less than three costs three. It has its own step, so even if it says you can play without paying its mane cost, it still costs three.
Speaker 2: The Trenis step.
Speaker 1: The trenisphere is real and you can turn it off by tapping it, which I think is really cool. And again I think that this deck, this car doesn't It's symmetrical enough that it doesn't break games wide open in all but one deck, which is yeah, Maria, and it's just fine. Yes, it closed the game down.
Speaker 2: But Blue Erza is already a game changer. And if you're playing Erza, probably you're playing.
Speaker 3: A deck that might also have winter Orb and static Orb and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Anyways, and your deck isn't a two or a three, it's a four or a five.
Speaker 1: You're never gonna run into this. I shouldn't say you're never gonna run into an inn a three, which you're probably not gonna run into it in a three, even though it's all about the number three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if you have a three theme deck, a thream deck.
Speaker 2: If you will, I wish I just made that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: If you have a thream deck or a two, a two deck.
Speaker 1: No, I can't have that. Got to be a three deck.
Speaker 2: If you have a one or a two or a three, Trinisphere in that deck is probably not a very good magic card because all of the most powerful spells game breaking stuff, and maybe even your combo cards and probably your commander costs three or more. The higher competition you go, and the more pinpoint the removal spells are the counterspells, the combos, the tutors, all of that stuff that you want to cost more doesn't get played at the lower brackets, So this kind of self police is based on the rules set of the bracket system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is fine, It's fine to come off. I'm happy to see it come off. Not that I'm going to play it, but I think that it again, it was one of those ones that you could probably take that off. That's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When I saw it originally, like a few months ago, I was like, does that need to be on there? And also, oh yeah, I could see that being on there.
Speaker 1: You can make a case for it either way. But now that it's not on the list.
Speaker 2: Cool, Sure, more cards to play with?
Speaker 1: Yes, free Trinisphere Baby.
Speaker 2: What do we What have we got next to your uncle? Brand? Another piece of.
Speaker 1: Art, the new gzs Now. Originally I wanted to try and if you're watching on YouTube, which you should be, I tried to make an explosion in the corner, but I don't have like the mouse skills to make an explosion, so I just threw a tree.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was a tree.
Speaker 1: It's hard to see the trunk, but it's the tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's I have the same problem. Hard to see the trunk.
Speaker 1: Or it's a green cloud. Either way, it could be either either the things. What's the button? So these are cards that are going on to the Game Changers list.
Speaker 2: Now, oh TP protection.
Speaker 1: We mentioned this on our or I mentioned this on our initial Game Changers discussion. Teffrey's Protection should go on there for all the same reasons that Cyclonic Rip should.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that was one of the reasons that was cited in the article that came out with this.
Speaker 1: It does all of the same stuff in a different way. You can exact same impact on a game.
Speaker 2: You can use it offensively or defensively. And some people say no, it's defensive card. No, you can use it offensively because you can full shove and then tefts protection yourself out of there and there's no consequences to your attack. Yeah, So offensively defensively it changes the dynamic of the game. It literally changes the game from a four player to a three player or or one less than there was before. And then you just come back like nothing ever happened, and it's like eh, die, or.
Speaker 1: You full shove and the I goes Oh you want to feel how hard. I could punch after you've like slapped their lips off. Yes, and they like, man, I'm gonna stop you drinks so hard and the wrath of God. I'll respond to wrath of God Protection, kill all your dudes. I want to hard, I can punch, and you're like.
Speaker 2: No, big brain play, big brain play Okay, I swing all out with you. You to you, you say you want to see a harder can punch, but really me and the other two players want you dead. And you go right before I go. So they all get around and you're tough guy. You can't be killed. You're the threat. You go all out at me because you're the tough guy that it's like, and I go, fuck test Protection and you go, oh, I on tap gank you this guy, this guy gank gank dead like oh man, Like there's so many little complex and little scenarios like that that make this card so good powerful. It's like doubling season. You ever heard of that card?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard that that's an okay card to play in Commander, But see if it made the game Changer.
Speaker 2: List, Ah, probably didn't.
Speaker 1: Humility Humility this one.
Speaker 2: I was like, what I.
Speaker 1: Honestly I've never thought about humility. It's a card that doesn't occur to me. I never really consider it a thing. And then when I saw it on the list, I wasn't show.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, that changes the game.
Speaker 1: I absolutely understand that by definition of game changing, that is a game changing card all day long, especially in a format that's based around creatures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my strategy is usually predicated on my creatures being bigger than one.
Speaker 1: Yes and so is yours, or doing something, and this makes neither of those things a thing unless that thing is attacking or chump blocking, because that's all they do, because the one one is that attack and block brick.
Speaker 2: This card's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a good card, and I totally understand why it's on the game changer list. I don't think this is going to impact too many people because I don't think there are very many people unless they're there. Everything has to do with one level one.
Speaker 2: Oh, like mac attack, He's got everything is one deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe that's where it goes. So this deck and my Bellow deck can like fight it out little bit. This would probably beat Bellow. It's the one card.
Speaker 2: Be one one, four four, and they don't have to hasty cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. Let's not under sell how much of a one bellow is.
Speaker 3: Okay, she'd really be a one if it was under a freaking exactly cool.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think that's a good include. That's fine, dope, dope. I'm glad that that happened. What's next?
Speaker 2: Freaking wee Bo nar set like card this nar set and Notion Thief and and sort of Orchestral Masters are all on this list. They were cards like Notion Thief was a specific card that I remember saying and asking about and talking about, how come no Haullbreacher and how come Notion Thief? And I got a hundred responses producing Gary's favorite in the YouTube comments, and they they were like, well, one gives you cards, but one gives you man. And I'm like, cards is fucking better, Notion Thief is good.
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't know what you're talking about. Notion Deep is waste, or I mean, Hullbreacher is way stronger. Well, turns out and Watsie in the Commander format panel sort of agree with me that, sure, Hullbreacher is only this much freaking stronger, because that's the difference between game Changer and Band and nar set's the same, and h Orchestral Master kind of the same.
Speaker 1: I don't think that Orchestral Master is is egregious as in Commander as these other two cards are. And I know that all the all of the conversation about these cards as well, people play wheels and yes, fuck, I mean, what else do you really say about it? Right, Well, here's the thing. This doesn't even change those strategies because all the things where you're gonna have somebody wheel you into you draw nothing, I draw seven. All that's still gonna happen. This doesn't actually do anything because at the level of game that those exist at, these are still legals. So this doesn't change anything. And nobody in A two was playing fucking Wheel of Fortune nar Set to do fair fun things.
Speaker 2: But I think people at the level three were. And now you can't play nar Set and Notion Thief and this and this and this and this. It's the same reason cited that Manacrypt and Juid Lotus Rest in Peace, Sorry Bumped the mic are are not legal. It's because there's a redundancy of this niche effect that oh happens to be really freaking powerful. Yeah, right, It's the same reason that Tabernacle and Workshop are on the list now too, because if you lose to a five thousand dollars magic card.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's paid to win and it's fucking not fair. And oh, I wasn't born in nineteen sixty when, and I wasn't an adult when this card was printed, right, Like all that stuff comes up and nar Set and Notion Thief and Hull Breacher or kyb Wheel of Fortune, time Twister, there's another freaking multi thousand dollars magic card all belong in the same group in my eyes. The everybody draws seven and everybody draws one or none in my mind, so much of that all happens in.
Speaker 2: The same deck. Yeah that if if you're not if you're not playing at power four or five, doesn't matter. So it's like why why why?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm moving on to the next card. What is it?
Speaker 1: Orgust bowl Masters And the next one is no Notion Thief. Yeah, there are the cards we're just talking about.
Speaker 2: Orchest bowl Master is actually really I like Orchestra bowl Master in like a Necuzar deck because you're like doubling up on on the damages on everything yeah, and.
Speaker 1: You're making dudes, and it's another game changer for rev.
Speaker 2: There you go, you're collecting game changers like buck.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Oh, Intuition we talked about already.
Speaker 1: We talked lots and lots and lots about intuition already. This is an instant three and it finds you three cards with different names. One goes to your hand, two goes to your bin. But they don't have to have different names. That's how I used to play it. You get three Demi God of Revenge, and they discard two Demi God of Revenge, and then you play the third one to get the other two back, and then you smack them for fifteen. Baby. I like that as a good one.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: But that's why I owned Intuition. There are people out there in the nation that like, know the value of this card and they're going, BRANDI, you fucking asshole. Of course that's what you did with that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, in your ractose sixty and four deck circa two thousand and eight. Yeah, when Intuition was four dollars also yeah, yeah, and Demi God of Revenge was twenty. That's right as the standard.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Ah, what a good time. What a good time? Speaking of expensive, I didn't actually tell my gifts on given story. Oh claimed with my buddy Mitch, and it's like you and I just started playing together. I didn't even have a play group yet that so I was playing with Mitch and I cube of them and stuff. So he comes over to my house one time and he goes, I'm gonna play like a powerful deck. I want to like test out this deck and show you some cards in it and stuff, because I was just getting back into magic that's how long ago.
Speaker 1: This was all right, And I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, I'll play this. I'll play this Sapperlink token deck. It's like powerful or whatever. Sure it's the first deck I ever played at your house and won a game with. Yeah, I played that deck and Mitch Turn one goes like underground CE and some bullshit and he passes and I'm like, okay, sure, I played Lanna war Elf. He goes turn two fucking something high Tide gifts on given searches for regrowth yog moths will black Lotus and mock Sapphire, and I'm like, huh, okay, I guess these two will go to your grade oh, you just get them, Yes, I just get them all back. Yes, you're right. And then he goes like dark ritual are high tided into yog moths, thing makes six manna with his black lotus and a storm counts like frickin' whatever he minds desires and then he casts five six things and then he goes Tendrils of Agony, and I'm like, oh, that's the vintage down I got stormed out turned two or whatever with a you got vintage. I got gifted and stormed and lotused and everything. So he played half of the Power nine against me. Felt pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's how much it took to beat you. Yeah, pretty strong. Can you guess what this car is?
Speaker 2: Consecrated Sphinx? Yeah, this is another game changer. This guy is like Primeval Titan in that the whole game starts to revolve around him right where.
Speaker 1: Trying to kill it, clone it, revive it, or steal it.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's got to be an acronym for.
Speaker 1: That clone steel CCR CCR c c KRC.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a radio station. Yeah, c KARC consecrated Sphinx six fifty. Uh yeah, it's you know how often I run into this card.
Speaker 1: I don't see it very often anymore. When we first started playing, I remember there was a couple of games where you'd have like dueling consecrated sphinxes, yes, and it was like all draw two, all draw four, all draw two, al draw four, all draw whatever, and then two guys like fill their.
Speaker 2: Whole hands up and that's why it's banned, yeah, or game changed, and you know what it it it's kind of a farce. And two months ago, a month ago, we were talking about redundancy. How come we're seeing tutors on and off and there's a rule like what's going on with the tutors? Yea, and consecrated sphinx and trade secrets exist in the same space in my mind, if you're CCRC or cr whatever, copy and cloning, stealing, bouncing, blinking, reanimating, if you're doing all that with somebody else's consecrated sphinx, it kind of feels like I'm actually just in a trade secrets war. And because of that too soon and oh yeah, yeah, tariffs, And because it also gives me the on the battlefield kind of cultural vibe as Primeval Titan, like when you kind of zoom out and look at it like that. That's why it's a game changer. It's not because the effect is too powerful, like Primeval Titan searching for two lands. Not too powerful because everybody wants to do that so bad and the game just turns into Primeval Titan or Consecrated Sphinx jerk off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 2: So it's not that this card is like taboo or like you should be shunned or whatever. If you play this in one of your.
Speaker 1: Decks, it does tell you six cards, but round of the table unless it's been removed.
Speaker 2: It does, which is this is the kind of card though it costs six and is easily dealt with and doesn't have that big of an impact through attacking to further your strategy. Like if somebody said, I actually have an upgrade pre con it's got a Consecrated Sphinx in it. This is the first card that I'm like, oh, yeah, okay, sure, it's sure, I'll just kill it.
Speaker 1: I guess I've seen them in games and it's not even like, man, that's not even the worst thing that's in play right now. I've certainly been in games that there's like there like that.
Speaker 2: I've certainly won games because of it too, me too so.
Speaker 1: When but those were again in the kind of the before times when it was a little more wild westy, and I feel like this just doesn't because it gets so much hate already. I feel like a lot of people just stopped playing it at a particular level. And maybe it's just the level that we play at. I feel like people have kind of abandoned this card and it's not as big as you're either just gonna play auristic study you're gonna be that guy, yeah, or you're gonna just do something else, you know what.
Speaker 2: And this again speaks to its game changerness, is I don't want to pay six mana and have my thing immediately die. And that's what's gonna happen when I play this. So it's like when I'm playing at power level two or three, let's call it casual or upgraded casual. It's like, man, this card isn't even gonna be effective. It's not gonna do what I want. It's not going to further my strategy in a traditional sense they're attacking. The best it's probably gonna do is make them discard a card by killing it, or it's gonna absorb like a big attacker because they're hitting me for ten because they want the Sphinx dead and they want to they want to like shove and see what I do.
Speaker 1: The most expedient way to get rid of a consecrated spank is to kill the person that played it.
Speaker 3: And when you get to a higher power level, the priorities just change.
Speaker 2: Right. I have to stop you from doing the thing that you're gonna do that's immediately going to end the game, so that consecrated Sphinx can actually stay there and maybe it will glean you some value. And it's again just a little bit self polices, and that's what I think I would lean on with this bracket system, And now the sixty one game changers is so many of them actually just self police, especially if you have like a longer standing playgroup. So moving on necro Potent necro Potents.
Speaker 1: It shocked me that this wasn't on the game changer list ye from the get go, and now it is. And I feel like we've kind of talked about this a lot. This is an exceptionally powerful magic card, an excessively powerful magic card for all the reasons that you think it's an enchantment for Black Black Black, you skip your draw step. You may pay one life to remove the top card of your library from the game. At the beginning of your next end step you put them into your hand.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So you can take your very large health pool and turn it into a draw twenty at the end of your turn, which then turns into a discard back down to seven at the end of your turn. Or you can use it like I do, and I use it to refill my hand at the end of every turn that it's in play. Yes, I played three things. I'll pay three life to put three cards back in my hand for next turn. Yep. Necro Potents is excessively strong. It's very very very good. It stops you from decking yourself. And the what is this their at your countdown kit?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Secret layer art is super cool.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do like that. And right beside ad Nauseum on a game changer's list, I think where it belongs and probably where it should have been. And I know from a couple months ago it was considered. Because ad Nauseum was considered, this one had to have been considered, just like jog Moss Bargain was considered for unbanned because ad nauseum and necropotence exist. So ah. Gavin's article finishes saying this is never going to be unbanned though with bargain.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, we'll never see. We already have necropotents and all that. We we don't need, young Barker. Yeah, yeah, but necropotence is it should probably be there, just like deflecting SWATT probably should have been if.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if force of will and fierce guardianship are game changers, impact of negation, deflecting SWAT one hundred same game changer. It's literally counterspell for for a reproval.
Speaker 1: Spell in red.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that also gets an ability right, uh change the target of target spell or ability? Yes, yeah. Because a guy tried to freakin' uh chatterfang my anamar one time. He said, oh, it's green, it's not black, And I go, are you doing that all at once? He goes, yeah, I'm giving it minus three all at once. Okay, I'll just chatterfang. I'll just deflecting SWAT back to chatterfang. He's gonna die, oh, and then killed him immediately. That's what you do, because he did it on his turn. And then ion tapped right after his turn and freaking comboed him and killed him.
Speaker 1: A long time stretch, Yeah, lull time stretch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, deflecting twat maybe right.
Speaker 1: Got you? Like this card should have been on there from the get go. It mesmerizes me that it was not, and now it is.
Speaker 2: And do you remember the criticism from from I guess everybody's saying, how come Blue got fifty eight cards on the Game Changer's list but Red only.
Speaker 1: Had two because we were waiting for this update.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why a conspiracy confirmed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, conspiracy confirmed out podcast CCO.
Speaker 1: I would honestly the game pouse it that conversations that I've had with people just around the Magic space since the Game Changer list came out, almost every card that people said, well, if this is on, then why not this? So many of them, if not all of them, are on your natural order crop rotation deflecting swat, They're all here, worldly tudor they.
Speaker 2: All's slippery slope though, right, it's slippery slope, because how come this not this? How come not this? How come not this?
Speaker 1: I think that they've got all the low hanging fruit of the if this not this? And again I think it was to show that they're willing to have the list balloon a little bit, and hopefully that'll be the end of the balloonage, but we'll have to see. But I think that the way things stand right now today, this probably should wait until afterward. I'm talking about the rest of the cards. I think that the game changer list is fine.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see the next card gamble, oh gamble and crop rotation, which was if this not this one from last time and worldly tutor, if this, how come not this tutor? Redundancy rule for tutor? What like, what are we doing? And now they just said, yeah, we're gonna They didn't say this, but we're gonna remove that confusion and that redundancy and just make these game changers. I think it's a good change.
Speaker 1: I do too, even though it did take both Nora and and Ev, which are my most favoritist feel good fun decks, and put them so solidly into the fucking four category that I don't know how Mam be able to talk people.
Speaker 4: Back from it, because like, they're not force, but they're forced now because while playing two hundred goddamn game changers in them.
Speaker 3: Ah fuck, that's funny.
Speaker 2: I like that, that's funny.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's funny. Seedborn MWS. This is one that we asked about, okay, the.
Speaker 1: Week before, like the ed H and M Before this announcement, we actually had two separate games that evolved into can we kill this Seedborn Muse? So when I saw it on the game changer list, just because of like, what's that, what's the bias where that recently happened to me? So recncy bias, recency bias, abs the goddamnlutely seedborn muses on.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, of course. And here's the thing though, Unwinding Clock not on the list. Now, I can't as easily copy, steal, reanimate Unwinding Clock like I could Seedborn music because unwinding Clock not a creature, also only cares about artifacts, and that's something that I certainly have to build around, and it feels kind of like a step like unwinding Clock. Okay, because restrictive kind of build around the requirement. Seed Born Muse is baseline and then profit a crew fix which is lands and creatures but also gives creatures flash.
Speaker 1: That's that's why, that's why is the.
Speaker 2: Breaking point where It's like, oh, now, if we said yeah, game changer seed born muse, could we maybe say game changer profit a crew fix? Could we say that? No, you don't think.
Speaker 1: Profit gives you all the same benefits that the seedborn mews does. But it also gives you the ammo to actually play a turn on each opponent's turn. And that's the that's the difference between seedborn Muse and profit approvement.
Speaker 2: Taking up other people's time when they would normally expect to be playing magic is a profit of crew fixed thing, especially because it's like, I can, I can activate all these abilities, which is what you would want to do in Simmic bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and by the end of the round you're going to be so far ahead just because you Simmic bullshit. It so hard, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I got two things though, Two things. First thing, firstly, they unbanned gifts on given so nothing's off the table. That's one thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like there are things are off the table right now.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we Moss Barton shouldn't be off the table. Neither should freakin' Juel Lotus I keep saying. But the second thing is people are already expecting simic bullshit to do simic bullshit. Yes, so if you're just gonna simmic bullshit anyways, does does having profit akrufix unbanned and be a game changer? Does that self police?
Speaker 3: If you say, oh, yeah, i'm playing, I'm just playing my my thracios no partner deck, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: That sounds like simic bullshit.
Speaker 1: I actually don't think so, because I think that people are still of the mind that if you're just semic bullshitting really hard with no air quotes way to win, they think that that's a very casual thing to do, and they think it's fun to play on other people's urns and Lada da da da da da and take these long turns where you search for three land and put them into play and then play it to and do it every turn. And it's more obnoxious than anything else. And I think profit gets left on the game changer list because of that, and because it only goes up from there. Baseline, it's very annoying for everybody, and top end it's a really really too powerful card.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I think it too powerful, but you know what I mean, Well, it's banned, so it's too powerful for it to be fun or like additive to the format. I think with Profit and Seedborn and unwinding Clock is like, take a minute to understand what they're doing. This's how I deal with it, and then every turn when they do it, just fucking ignore it. I don't know d wing yet. No, Okay, well I'm gonna see if I could top deck or removal spell kill it.
Speaker 1: I'm just still look for a way to kill Seedborn mus until I do. It's another card too, that warps the whole game around.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's why it's a game change.
Speaker 1: So she can't argue with that, right, it's a must answer. Can't ignore a threat period. Yeah, and if it's not in that deck, why you're playing it? We'll just untaps all my guys.
Speaker 2: Well, I play it in one deck that it lets me untapped guys and freaking make sapperlings every turn. And guess what, I make lots of them.
Speaker 1: Yep. I play them in decks that want to turn every single creatures in them sideways every single turn, and I don't want to give them vigilance. So Seedborn musemuse.
Speaker 2: The best vigilance provider. That's right.
Speaker 1: Plus it untaps all my lands so I can play remove.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, natural Order goes along with the tutors, right, I don't.
Speaker 1: I think this one's a little bit different because it can turn a early game. Let's just say you go Land sol Ring go Land Land morel Natural Order, get born Clex the land fucker, yes, and like you've already kind of won that game. Yeah right, Or you get a progenitice on turn two.
Speaker 2: Ur.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it used to be the old lega na yeah.
Speaker 2: No progenitus. It was called natural Order progenitus. I called it no prog tits.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine going no prog tits and then like ramping up to coalition victory. And that's how you win.
Speaker 3: Because you can't instant speed remove progenitus because you got protection from everything.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Oh broke the Internet and I did it, got there, broke the Internet.
Speaker 1: That's why I think Natural Order is a fine game changer, because it like I think I play it fairly because I used to find a creature that I have to pay six into to make it do what I needed to do. So like I'm trying to make it fair. But every time I cast and everybody looks like Oh yeah, really, bitch, you think that's fair? Really really you think so?
Speaker 2: I actually just cut this card from my Trufas deck like before it got game changered.
Speaker 1: Because it was too good. You sacked a sap to find a crater hoof and won the game.
Speaker 2: I don't play Creator Hoof a b hathbrick rabbits. I do play that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go and Decimator of Provinces. That's like fucking team Creator.
Speaker 1: Hoof right there. So you find the Creator hoof asterisks, you find Creater Hoof at home, and you put it into play like that's why naturally it was gone. It's this redundancy of your eye fucking win the game card.
Speaker 2: Also, AI Armor the company that we're getting to make the CECO sleeves, right, they send you one hundred and five sleeves in a pack, and I just filled up all the sleeves I had until one day I dropped the deck and had to count all the cards because they fell behind the filing cabinet and I needed to make sure I had one hundred and.
Speaker 3: It turned out that I had one hundred and five owned. So a natural order came out. Yes, yeah, food chain, a chain fucking same deck, same deck one.
Speaker 1: If you're watching on YouTube, which you should be. I have my very favorite food chain art on this one. It's a hydra like all and all of the heads are fighting over this poor guy that they're trying to eat.
Speaker 2: I that I got a question. Sure that's French for question? Is it for anybody who isn't from a bilingual like Canada nation?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: If food chain, why not Ferrexian altar? And if no ferrexcient Altar and food chain why not? It's older uglier sister ashnouts Altar. That's like what ashnots Alter is the most egregious one on all of them.
Speaker 1: I think that this one has because they do the same thing at a level. And you're right, yes, I think that food Chain has a really really really small leg up in that in not actually that corner case as I'm thinking Prash and Avy, they just instantly win you the game. So they have like a and it's with a card in your command zone Rexian Alter ashnods Alter. You have to have something else going on in play at the time, whereas with food Chain you don't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, because they're in your command zone. You could just cast your commander after food Chain and you get enough manager recast and recast and recast, okay, and.
Speaker 1: It just gives you the gimmick. And I think it's it's it's a hair split. But I think that this is what we want this group to do, is to split hair just to see where the line is, and food Chain is this is the line right here, Rexian arena. You can alter alter you could be here, food Chain is here, and this is the very corner case, particular reason for it. But that's why that's my thought.
Speaker 2: And that's a great thought. And I love having a line in the sand. I said that the whole time with the actual rules set that is the bracket match making system and game changers. I love the line and the rules set that gives us access to and it works like Watsi's demonstrated with data that it fucking works. I love it. I love it. The problem that I have is something like food Chain is color restrictive yep, so it only goes in green decks, green X decks. The man I can only spent be spent to do creature shit right, and you have to exile the creature yep. And with FYREXI alter get man of any color like food chain, right, you only have to sacrifice, so there's actually more combos with frection Altar, and with Aschnod's Alter you get two mana, so you can usually go man a positive on your combo. It's it's like, I think all of these cards belong in the same boat or none of them do ooh, And that's my line. If food chain, then also Fyrexian Altar and also aschnods Alter. I'm not a proponent of adding more cards to the game changers list. And somebody smarter than me, Like I didn't think of the pross everything. Somebody smarter than me was in charge of doing this. So it's like, maybe there's more to it than than what what they said. Maybe there's than what I say.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's even some corner cases that we're not thinking of. But that's why I think food chain is probably on here. Nobody's doing fair shit with food chain either. I try to say that I am, and I'm not.
Speaker 2: I tried to do fair stuff with food chain and I just couldn't.
Speaker 1: Orishards. I understand this one too, for a lot of the same reasons that like humility, right, It's just one of those things that it just makes decks, it can turn off other people's decks, it can just give you an overwhelming advantage right away. And I don't think it should necessarily be a game changer in the same way I think humility should be. But I understand why this has been here because I'm certain I've certainly been salty over an oor show. Oh yeah, for sure, right versus like, well, fuck, what the fuck do I even do? Like you just for free for doing whatever your deck is already doing. That's the thing that's exactly just for virtually no drawback to you. You're just undoing everything that I do. I can't even save up treasure tokens because Celesnia is making too many creatures for anything that I'm doing. Yeah, I can see why that would be a problem.
Speaker 2: There's little cost for me to put a Orisards in my deck and just do what I do to not ruin your game.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, And it's and there's no reason to not do it, right, Like, oh well, I'll play my god, Oh I won't kill your thing? Why not? Why are you playing Richards Oristards for the record as an enchantment for White Green one Whenever a creature comes into play, you may kill target, artifact or enchatment. It's a may. Yeah, it's amay for the sliver that does the same thing, not a may.
Speaker 2: For the record, play this card, yes, or don't. Field of the Dead. Oh my god, I'm I'm puzzled.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't.
Speaker 2: Because it's a land. It's a land. If it was anything other than a land, the card would be fine. But because it's there's no cost to put it in your deck. It gives you manna sure, etb's tap, no color, Sure, don't care. It's a fucking land. It's a land, that's all. That's the only thing we have to say. If you don't believe me, and Gavin said the same thing. If you don't believe me, play against it or play with it and understand in one game how it changes the game. It's a land just like orishards, except lower cost because that represents a card. This is a land. It's not even a card the land.
Speaker 1: You could play this with your orishards, and every time you play a land you get it too to and kill some of these shit.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what this is.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of that until just now. Thanks thanks Game Changers List for making me human scum A how else can I be scum? Oh? Spend five thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Yay? Is you can spend more money than you'll ever spend it a magic card in your life. Yeah, we talked about this one on the pre show. So if you want to hear like a deep talk about this, you want.
Speaker 2: To do a deep workshop on something.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this show, just close your eyes unless you're driving, and just think, when was the last time you even saw Mesh's workshop in real life?
Speaker 2: Fuck, I'm closing my eyes when I'm driving on the way home. Right, Thanks for reminding me.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen one in real life that wasn't at a vendor in I'll bet you a decade. Ryan saw one at our first Las Vegas trip six years ago. I don't know a single human being that owns a physical copy of this item.
Speaker 2: My buddy Mitch, who gifted me, does he still have it? Probably because we don't know.
Speaker 1: That that guy sells cards all the time. That's why I have Foyle City of Brasses. Hey, let's go this because a Mitch, So I don't know, I think that This is just kind of here because it says tap ad three man on it, and it doesn't. It's not followed by then sacket or and then it deals ten damage to you. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: This is on the game dangerlist for I got. I got one last thing. If Mischer's Workshop is not banned in Commander Free, Jeweled Lotus, there.
Speaker 1: You go, there, it is there, it is.
Speaker 2: It's my hill and I will die on it, and so will you.
Speaker 1: Jewel Lotus and Preducer Gary, sure will. Jewel Lotus has a much narrower field of purpose than yeah, workshop do Yeah, and the windows that's crazy. I wonder if they can hear that.
Speaker 2: On that Yeah, we should go before the building blows.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a card for a car doing burnouts on the street. It turns out it's just the wind blown past the building.
Speaker 2: We didn't talk about like half of the stuff that I wanted to talk about with decks that we're going to play and changes to the format at large and all that stuff. So maybe that's a next week or pre show topic.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's so that'll be our next show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any final words.
Speaker 1: I think we said our final words in the middle. I think so far, as far as we've gone on this, I think that these are positive changes. I don't think that it's gonna surprise anybody or make anybody mad. Nobody's gonna quit magic over this one. And I think at a top I think it's giving some new tools for the CDCH guys to play that aren't just going to blow the format up. And I think in a very casual sense, we've secured some of the gray area in lower casual tiers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like that.
Speaker 1: And I think that there's some cards that they're going to be able to play with now that they maybe weren't before because they're sticking very tightly to the bracket system and cool. So I think that so far this has been pretty good. We'll talk about big changes. We'll talk about all those sorts of things next week. Head on over to patreon dot com slash CEO Podcast if you'd like to support the show. Every little bit helps ed. It will get you in to be in the CEO experience and the best discord in the history of magic, the gathering. I will also die on that ill. Everybody in there wants to notus on band, even if they say they don't. YEP, it's because it's opposite day all the time in the nation. Get finger blasted, have a great time there. Thank you very much to Ryan, to you for watching, for Gary for listening to us, for the people who are waiting outside to come in and do the next episode of your show. And we are going to be back with the next episode of our show, which is Commander cook Out Podcast in our theme.
Speaker 3: So