Speaker 1: Yeah, listen that noises. Hey guys, Hey guys, welcome to episode number fourteen of A Strange Thing podcast. I'm Mike and I'm Austin, and we together are your hosts for this most auspicious auspicious nice. I don't know what that means. I don't either. I haven't played scrabbling forever. I know auspicious, We'll say auspicious podcast, all right, most auspicious podcast. Occason. We're having a good time because finally, after what two months, we're actually able to get together record live in person, and just so that we're on this because we want to be honest to all of our listeners in the spirit of full candor. Yeah, full candor and full disclosure. This is our second time we've recorded the same episode attempt number two. I know I had little technical difficulties when I hit the record button last time and accidentally recorded over half of our episode. So we're starting brand new, fresh with a second try our do over of the episode fourteen.
Speaker 2: Fourteen, number two, the big twenty eight fourteen the second time.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, see that's two times fourteen. But this is our second attempt at number fourteen. Yep, yeah, and we are talking about what.
Speaker 2: This is our fourth episode about strange dreams. Yeah, we've covered different parts of this whole topic, which I feel like kind of got messed up by the coronavirus.
Speaker 1: Which we did a kind of an interlude. Yeah, yeah, about a month ago. It's I mean, it's been hard to record during these this coronavirus.
Speaker 2: It has, and it took our attention away because all of a sudden, instead of thinking, Oh, I'm going to go record a podcast, it's oh, I gotta maybe try to get toilet paper. Which is weird because on Facebook Today, not that we want to talk about coronavirus now on Facebook Today, which is where I go for most of my factuals, articles and information because I know everything on Facebook is actually it is. But it's said that people are saying now that coronavirus doesn't live on surfaces very long.
Speaker 1: I saw that as well, but that's actually from an actual study. So they are saying that I saw it on local news broadcasts as well. So it's gone a little viral on Facebook and other social media, but it's actually true. They don't think that it actually lives very long, like on doorknobs and interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially like those what do they have like shopping bronze doorknobs or copper.
Speaker 1: Oh, they kind of have a natural naturally. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They make boxers with I think it's copper or gold. Yeah, and they put put copper lines in your boxers so you don't get stinky.
Speaker 3: Introducing copper were reusable mask. It's a reusable, machine washable mask with the properties of copper. Real copper threads are woven into the fabric using fiber matrix copper technology. The best news is Copperware reusable masks are available now.
Speaker 1: They do. I thought they put copper lines on like those gloves and stuff because it's supposed to help. It's anti inflammatory.
Speaker 2: That's called witchcraft.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. Anyway, We're we're gonna get right into our topic this week. But it's so good to be back and in person. We I at least I do us. And I have to say, I enjoy talking with you face to face so much much much easier. But I like it better too, you know, I just want to hang out my dad. It's like you're my son, and I like love you and crap like that. You never tell me you love me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love you too. No, it was your birthday last time we recorded. That's right, I turned the big fifty five, Big five five. Well, I won't say the day, but yeah, it was in May. It was on your birthday in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just got to say it. I don't feel any different than I did the week before I turned fifty five.
Speaker 2: You were just telling me you feel old.
Speaker 1: You can't remember anything, you know. I do notice that I forget things easier.
Speaker 2: But if you noticed that you forgot, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you're actually forgetting. See. I don't know if I ever cared that I couldn't remember before, But now that I'm trying to remember, I actually care because I'm getting older. But do you still remember your dreams? I do? And that's our topic. Yeah, it's strange. That nice. You just steered it right back in there. Yep, way to go. So, yeah, this is our fourth and final episode on Strange Dreams. And this episode we're going to march through all eight of the dream categories that we defined in our first and second episodes, and we're going to talk about those and give examples in each category. And it's one of those things that you could probably drag out really long, but we're going to try to go through it in a rapid well, okay, maybe not rapid. We're going to try not to go down too many rabbit trails on our deployment of information to our very wise listeners. Yes, but before we do that, we do have a little business. We need to take care of him, because we talked about that in June of twenty twenty that we are going to be at squatchcom Boys. But they've canceled it. I wonder why. Yeah, something to do with Corona COVID. Yeah, bad lung stuff. But anyway, and I totally agree with that. I applauded them for making that decision, even though legally they probably had to because here in Idaho we're in stage two of reopening the state. Stage three allows for certain things, and that takes place this weekend, and Stage four takes place in two weeks, and that's when they would actually allow larger venues, concerts and stuff. Yeah. I like Squatch fun. So they are delaying it. They're not canceling it totally, they're just delaying it. And we are going to go to Squatch Con whenever it comes up. We will let you our listeners know when that is, and we'll try to go and have fun and come see us and we'll we'll have all kinds of swag and stuff like that. All kinds should be fun. It'll be fun. Yeah, it'll hopefully. I think we let people know that last time we recorded during the lockdown and we did that over zoom, which was successful, but at the same time it was a little bit not as fun. This is much better, it is, yeah, and so hey, tonight we tried something different. We have the IDL. I don't know if people know about this. We have an investigation destination libation we do we kick off, but it's been like two months that we've been on this episode, so we had to come up with something different because we need the libation mid libation. We can't just wait for a new investigation to do the libation. We need an investigation libation right now.
Speaker 2: Let's face it. On every episode we have some labratory.
Speaker 1: Ye which we want to call a new We have a new acronym for that, which is l l L triple L lip loosening libation, lip loosening libation, and tonight to help loosen our lips for our libations. Actually, the libations that help loosen our lips. We are sampling three beers tonight and a weird drink and a weird drink, which you yeah, weird drink. The weird drink is some kind of cola Bang Miami Cola energy drink. Bang Miami Cola energy drink with bourbon bourbon. I don't know what kind of Yeah, we got a bourbon. It's like a it's not a bottomshelf bourbon. It's actually an award winning bourbon, perfect mix with a thing called bang. That's right, or just sipping on ice cubes. All right? Yeah, I like it, but I i'll you know, I'll do some research. I'm going to do post triple l post loose liptine libations. It's working, it is, but yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna do some investigation. I'll put the link to the bourbon that we're actually tasting, and you know, I want to do the disclaimer in honor of my wife. Please don't abuse alcohol. Be responsible. Yes, don't go out and drink and drive. Don't do those things. We we say this occasionally being smart pasonably, and that's right. And if you are not a drinker, don't drink don't do it.
Speaker 2: Just because you listen to a podcast doesn't mean you have to have a drink.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, So anyway, we just want to throw that out there, just just be wise. Okay, I think we've covered it all. Although covered a lot, we didn't talk all about our libation. So we had the libation, were also sampling, And honestly, I am telling the truth when we say sampling, because we are not drinking like three beers and the bourbon mixture.
Speaker 2: He had like a whole hot looks set out when I got here, I set them all a bunch of a bunch of different glasses in front of different whiskys. It's kind of some rum and then different kinds of beers over and.
Speaker 1: It's called an alcohol buffet. It's called a flight, multiple flights, it's called flight. It's called a multinational. A flight was a layover and then another flight. So anyway, I had a few whiskeys out, and I had a few beers out, and I had rum out too, I think, and I set them out on the counter nice and four glasses to sample small we could like try different mixtures for a triple the perfect And it was research, so it was an investigation and it turned out well, and now we are here after sampling different things, and we have chosen this the cola bourbon mixture as are well. Is that is that our thing? I thought so? Yeah, but next time we might want a different kind of bourbon, and we might want a different kind of coke or pepsi. Yeah, we're equal cola sampler. There you go. Okay, now we are really going to get on ours. So we had in our first podcast, we talked about eight different categories of dreams. The eight categories that we talked about are day dreams. We talked about number two lucid dreams. Number three nightmares, Yeah, reoccurring dreams, reoccurring dreams, reoccurring dreams. Nice.
Speaker 2: Well, we talked about healing dreams, which is number five. I had a dream last night. The next thing you said was prophetic dreams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, number six. Oh go, I'm oh my, there's one. Yeah, perfect example. Then we talked about signal dreams, signal dreams, signal things. There you go. And then we talked about number eight epic dreams, which are the big, the mother load of all dreams. I still don't really understand. Well you will when we get there to the examples. Okay, okay, okay. So we're going to start out with day dreams, and we're going to talk about you know, events and people that maybe have had day dreams before and what they mean. I'm a heavy duty day dreamer. I think a lot of people are. Day Dreams are so common in fact, that there's a syndrome that is a very negative aspect of daydreams. It's called maladaptive daydreaming disorder maladaptive as I like to say MALDD, m d D. No, mal can't say mal MALDD because MDD could be good. It could be mega, mega or big. But this is mal adaptive, which means it's bad. So mal adaptive daydreaming disorder means that you don't live in reality very much. You are too busy living in your daydreams. What was that movie with Ben Stiller where he sees all he does is live and dream inside the dream. I don't remember the movie.
Speaker 2: But he works for like Time National Geograph something like that runs into the cover of the book, and.
Speaker 1: That he's on the Himalayan mountains, and it lives vicariously through like other authors of photographers, right, because he's what but anyway, you could call him a maladaptive dreamer, right, and it can get bad for people. It can get so bad that they don't live in reality anymore, and it can totally disrupt their life. And and the worst things get in real life the more that they daydream. So it's self perpetuating. Yeah, so perpetuating good good word good word word work. Yeah, better than mel adaptive maladaptive interpretation of what'd you call would you say, I don't know, I don't know perpetuating?
Speaker 2: Was it called MIDI The Secret Life of Walter Middie.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the movie exactly. Google good good, use of good Google good, Google good, Google Google boy good good. So yeah, that's a bad example. But anyway, in real life and healthy individuals that have daydreams, there are categories of the top types of daydreaming scenarios that people experience. I thought that would be fun to kind of throw those out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, before this, because I kind of glanced at your notes, your notes, because I do research for once, I wonder if there's a difference between like daydreaming and fantasy. So we're making believes. So when I or like my son's playing with dinosaurs, is he daydreaming that these dinosaurs are real and that the the little stick that he's holding is actually a spear and he's killing the dinosaur. Is that daydreaming?
Speaker 1: So the way that I would like separate those the two daydreaming and fantasizing. Daydreaming almost always has you as the epicenter. It's like events that surround you. It's things that you do or experience. Fantasy could be you fantasizing about a book you read, or a girl that you saw or whatever. You know it, I mean, it's about that event, not the world that's surrounding you.
Speaker 2: See, so like playing, like making believe things that day it's unidentifiable shape he made with legos is in fact the rocket ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that daydreaming or is that I'd say it's both probably. I don't know if there's a clean dichotomy between the two, but either way, they're a lot of fun and they can be very beneficial. We talked a little bit about, you know, the disorder, but daydreams and be very inspirational. So in my mind, and just because I'm a fan of like this dude who was an author, he was a futurist, he was a guy that like he just told really good stories, and he was a guy who lived in daydreams. He daydreamed all the time about stories. And his name is Philip K. Dick. I know Philip K. Dick, And if for those of you who haven't heard the name before, he is probably one of the most prolific inspirations for a lot of the sci fi movies that you see where I've heard of too Nice. A lot of sci fi movies come from a lot of different sources, but from a single author. He has probably more movies that are based on his short stories or novels. And Philip K. Dick just for a few he wrote do Robots Dream of Electric Sheet? And out of that short story came Blade Runner.
Speaker 2: It's kind of coincidentally talks about dreams, Yeah, yeah, yeah, and he deals with is it dreams or is it reality?
Speaker 1: What makes a person human versus what makes them not human? That's the whole thing in Blade Runner, right about these robots called replicants that are so human that the person that makes them, the corporation that makes them their tagline is more human than he, which is around his obvious and human commerce is all a goal here.
Speaker 4: The tyrol more human than human is Almato.
Speaker 1: Well they took it from Philip K. Dick, I think, well maybe so. Anyway, Philip K. Dick, I think he died in nineteen eighty two. Now, this guy was a nutball. Okay, I'm not trying to glamorize his wife. He was addicted to amphetamines. He would go into these binge writing sessions where he'd pop you know, uppers and downers and drink and for like twenty hours straight without any sleep or breaks. He would just like get on the typewriter like a writer thing. I think, yeah, it was beforeward processing, right, so I mean, keep you sit down on that and he would pound out a story. And some of the stories are blade Runner total. Recall the Man in the High Castle. The Man in High Castle, which is something that's been really popular. I have no idea, and then it just came out with a new one where it's called Next and it has Nicholas Cage. I'm not a god.
Speaker 2: I can't see everyone's future, only my own, and only within two.
Speaker 1: Minutes except for when I saw her. But we'll come back to that. He just inspired so many cinemagraphic kind of stories because of the thoughts that he entertained were so interesting, and he would sit around as a kid and he would read these fantasy novels, these fantasy magazines. I'm trying to remember what they were. Startling stories, thrilling, wonder stories, fantastic Universe. And then as he grew up, he actually became a writer for some of those little magazines cool. And then he dropped out of Berkeley and he just started like going into these manic twenty hour writing sessions and because of that, he wrote a lot of cool stuff. And he was a fan of daydreams. So category number two is lucid dreams, and basically lucid dreams are when you're aware that you're dreaming and you could interact in your dream. Those are cool, They are cool. I have like dreams that that.
Speaker 2: Kind of ride the border, yeah, where I'm like, I know I can get away with something because I'm dreaming, but at the same time, I don't really have control of the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your consciousness can still kick in. It's like your morality won't let you do something bad in the dream, because.
Speaker 2: Usually it's not something bad, but it's like I'll jump off a cliff knowing there's year consequences.
Speaker 1: But then I'm but.
Speaker 2: I'm still victim of the dream, you know, like I still will fall and hit the ground or.
Speaker 1: Well, I've had dreams that like this really hot woman comes up to me and says, hey, baby, how about it? Whoa? And I in my mind I'm going, oh, it would be okay because it's just a dream. I'm not really doing this. But then my consciousness says, hey, because you're aware that it's a dream and you're deciding to do it anyway, it's almost like you're doing it for real.
Speaker 2: And you got a dream devil and a consciousness angel on your shoulders.
Speaker 1: Don't you just go in there with her? And I was like, lo, li't do that. I wonder if you can catch a virtual disease VSTD. I never YEVSD, you know, you know, and honestly I can say that I resist that temptation of my dreams. Good, good for you, dream. I've got a dream alo wow and wings. Look I'm going dream wings. I can't see that we.
Speaker 2: Should have got a red bull instead of a bang tang.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so yeah, that's the basic scenario. You are aware that you're in a dream, and you are actually able to stay in the dream for some time and maybe even controlled the dream. But you're an active participant. And there's been a lot of people that train their bodies in their minds to dwell inside these dreams. One of those was the famous artist Salvador Dolly. Now, I don't know if you've seen any of his stuff before, but he has some really weird stuff. It looks like stuff that's transported straight out of his dream. And basically what he would do he would get himself really tired, sit in a chair that was rather uncomfortable, and then try to hang in right in there between the twilight of sleep and non sleep. Oh, when your mom and I went to Florida, we went to the Salvador Dolly museum. Guy was weird. I mean him and Philip K. Dick, so in kind of what kind of in a way, if you turn into Flipka Dick or salvadord Elite got the same, the same salvad Or Dalli. I don't know if I want to experience a lot of lucid dreaming because he turned into it kind of a weird person. Yeah, he seems to be a ding do I looked. I looked him up. Oh he did like the melting clocks. Yeah, melting clocks. He has all kinds of weird. He did a crazy mustache. He did a famous one of of the multi dimensional Messiah, which has a picture of Jesus kind of on a multidimensional kind of shape that looks like a four dimensional cross. That's very famous, and that's what he was doing. He was basically saying that this human he wasn't totally confined within three dimensions. He was into the fourth dimension. Kind of a cool take on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he does those pictures where it's like a face, but the face is made out of like different objects.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Salvador Dali was a good example of a person who had a lot of lucid dreams that he had a method for it. Yeah, kind of makes him like the Pioneer and lucid dreaming. Well, a lot of people did that even before that. We'll get into that. That's one thing we should say, lucid dreaming. Well, all of these categories, nightmares, lucid dreaming, everything, they all kind of can blend together. I don't They're not clean. It's not like you can separate and say oh, this is not something that you experience in the other categories. And some lucid dreams are nightmares, right.
Speaker 2: And sometimes I'll quote unquote daydream until I fall asleep, which might kind of change my dreams too, which would kind of make it a lucid dream.
Speaker 1: And well, sometimes dreams give you some of the things that you get in other dream types, which would be like solving problems and things like that. Anyway, let's keep going. Okay, nightmares, all right, that's our next category. I think most people got a grip on this. Yeah, nightmares, you know that. And we talked a little bit about that in our second episode, and in our last episode, we actually did a dramatic reading of one of Mary Shelley's quotes that your sister did who talked into very good britties act. Okay, maybe not good, but she did it. I thought she did good. Yeah she did. She did good job. I am. So she teaches it. Yeah, so just for just for refreshing people's memories. So Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein, she's the first author that really started the genre of science fiction. Frankenstein kind of kicked it off. And what's really interesting about her is that She was very young when she wrote this and had the idea for it, and it took place way way back, and in fact, you know, I can't remember the exact year, but it was like in the early eighteen hundreds, and she had gone with a boyfriend. Ooh naughty for those that time very to. Her name was Mary Godwin about unmarried, unmarried, But she went to Switzerland, Geneva, Switzerland with her boyfriend who eventually became her hush speetish. Yeah, and anyway, I went with him and his name was Percy.
Speaker 2: Pershy hushweet hut pussy sweetheart, and Percy Shelley was a poet.
Speaker 1: And they went and stayed with one of Percy's friends who was Lord Byron, and Lord Byron had an estate in Switzerland, Geneva, and they went there, and they went there during the summer. But very strange side note is this was the year that they called it a year without a summer because an Indonesian volcano had erupted and it put so much volcanic ash in the air that it basically not just in Geneva but all over the world. Basically a year without a se they were saying in May in New York that temperatures were freezing insane. Yeah, So anyway, it affected the whole world. And it was during this time that Mary Shelley and Lord Byron and her future husband Percy, and her name was Mary Godwin, and then Mary's sister they went to stay with Lord Byron, and I guess another interesting note is that Mary's sister. That kind of a blinking thing going on with Lord Byron. But anyway, that's that's sister's name. Yeah. They weren't very wholesome back then. Sounds like modern day, what's up with that human? Yeah, So anyway, they went to Geneva and they you might call it the Geneva Convention, the pre Geneva Convention, their first Geneva convention. And they were bored and it was cold outside and it was kind of what oh babies well Byron Sister Shelley Byron boinking sister Shelley. That sounds like a song. It does kind of like a nursery rhyme, but weird. Anyway, so they were bored and they couldn't go out much. And it was also during this weird period of time where there was this new fatuation with electricity and what it could do in the human body and all this stuff, and they called it Galvinism galvinis, and they had gone to a kind of a presentation of electricity and how they can hook an electric current up to a dead frog and touch the muscles and the muscles would spasm. Interesting. Yeah, So it was like, oh, that's weird. Yeah. And so five people sitting around board one evening, probably drinking too much and thinking about sex or whatever, and they said, Hey, I know what let's do. I've got this idea. Let's all sit tonight, let's all write a story, a ghost story, and then tomorrow we'll read the stories and whoever writes the best story will win. That sounds like fun. Actually, yeah. So Mary Shelley, who was very creative, went to bad and that night she had a dream. And in the dream she saw this monster that was made up of all these different body from different people. And anyway, here's the dramatic reading of one of her quas.
Speaker 5: I saw the pale student of unhallowed arts kneeling beside the thing he had put together. I saw the hideous phantasm of a man stretched out and then on the working of some powerful engine show signs of life and stir with an uneasy, half vital motion. Frightful must it be? For supremely frightful would be the effect of any human endeavor to mark the stupendous mechanism of the creature of the world.
Speaker 1: I think she'd done good on that one. Man. Yeah, it sounds pretty good. Accent was much better than mine. I suck at this stuff, and I'm glad you're good at it because I sucked. Thank you Amber for that. And anyway, so Mary Shelley wrote wrote that story. I don't know if they she won that contest that night, but anyway, she wrote the manuscript later and it became Frankenstein, and well everybody knows everybody. Yeah, it's multiple movies, famous, the origin of tons of stories and inspiration to tons of writers, and it actually birthed Calved whatever you want to say, the genre of science fiction. Nice. Yeah, so good job, Mary Shelley. That's before like Dracula all the other monsters. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I remember, I haven't read Frankenstein since high school and I had to. I don't even think I read it. I think it just bargagnotes it. But it's about Frankenstein just wants somebody to love. Yeah, his whole thing is like just like Freddie Mercury love.
Speaker 6: And but but when he goes around. Yeah, so the poor guy, poor created guy, wants to love, goes out seeking for love, and then as he can't find it and he's rejected, he becomes more angry.
Speaker 1: And then becomes a monster and the villagers pitchfork him. So the moral of the story for us is, as long as we have love, we won't become monsters. But if we don't have love, will become sound like a beetle.
Speaker 7: Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, but you're saying a lot we really recovered.
Speaker 1: That's because we're very creative.
Speaker 2: But what I was gonna say is, Frankie Stein wants to find love, right, and then Dracula basically I remember right, kind of just looking for a companion. And I feel like maybe that her influence was that impacting on that genre, that sci fi monster. Well, you know, it's really interesting because a lot of them just want.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that Mary Shelley had like two or three miscarriages and then her sister died. I think she committed suicide, the one that boinked to Lloyd Byron, and so she had all of this kind of death and stuff around her, and you know, during this time they were thinking about what galvinism could do. That A lot of people think that she's trying to recreate the lives of the babies and the loves of her life.
Speaker 2: To give new hope to that, or at least mortality was on her mind. Yeah, And you know everybody when they lose a loved one, I was like, well, what can I do to bring him back?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So yeah, But anyway, Mary Shelley was a very prolific writer. I'm glad she wrote Frankenstein, a very interesting story. There's tons of this out there on the web. In there, a little bit of it on our website.
Speaker 2: Or mark that one down on another book to listen to it work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. So anyway, that brings us to our number four dream category, which is recurring dreams.
Speaker 8: I have a recurring nightmare that I've been wrongly accused of a crime, and twelve of these idiots are on the jury. Stanley is fast asleep, Kevin eats the evidence. Phyllis's name is Allison, but it really is Phyllis. Jim is foreman of the jury and pronounces me guilty. The cop takes me away, tells me that I've been a bad boy, and we have sex in the hall.
Speaker 1: She leaves the handcuffs on.
Speaker 8: They take me away to prison. The guards are all women.
Speaker 1: Now this is kind of weird because you know, you go out and you can't really find a person that talks about their ongoing recurring dream. So what I did is I found the most common recurring dreams, and I thought that would be fun to share, because I think everybody's had, in one way or another, a recurring dream just glancing. I think I've had a couple of them. So let's just march through these. We'll go through them kind of quick. One of them is thinking of marching. We got a marcher coming through. Is it a mom marcher?
Speaker 2: It's a mom marcher. She's double hand waving, double hand waving. Nope, Now she's dancing.
Speaker 1: Now she's dancing. She's famous. She's saying, you don't have to turn on the road. She's not a hooker up. Goodness saying that in advance. All right, So the first most common recurring dream is falling. Falling is the most common recurring dream. Everybody I know of has had a recurring dream. I've had falling dreams or not a recurring dream of falling, but has had a dream of falling.
Speaker 2: And I've had my thoughts on this where people say falling in love yep, and they say falling asleep. And I don't remember what chemical your brain releases, but I think there's a chemical mean some some mean something mean yeah, and it actually gives you the sensation of falling in it. And that's apparently where that term comes from. I heard that somewhere oh so fact checked, and.
Speaker 1: So that even though it's not a falling thing, it's the same chemical reaction as if you were falling.
Speaker 2: That's really like something about when you sleep, you get that falling feeling. Like you ever had those dreams where you're like, maybe you fall asleep on.
Speaker 1: A couch and you drink your head and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, and you thought you were falling, but you're fine. So apparently that's where it comes from. So I'm wondering if that is what causes these reoccurring.
Speaker 1: If we were really good researchers, we would have that information available, but I didn't look it up. Hey, why do they call it falling asleep?
Speaker 9: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I don't know why that is.
Speaker 9: Do you want to know where the term falling asleep came from.
Speaker 1: That's yeah.
Speaker 9: On the website dictionary dot com, they say fall asleep, go to sleep. Also's paying attention, for example, as soon as the lights were dimmed, he fell asleep, or his lectures are so dull that I fall asleep. The literal usage, which uses the verb fall in the sense of succumb, dates from about thirteen hundred. The figurative is several centuries newer.
Speaker 1: Well, that was about pointless Google. Yeah, but anyway, that was a really good, useless piece of Google information. Thank you Google. All right, Okay. Number two being chased, Yeah, I've had those. I've had those yet, and sometimes being chased while you can't run. I hate that, But anyway, that's probably a different one. Le's good. Number three being back in school, So like after you've graduated and after you're in later in your life, you dream you're back into your school days. And I've had those, I mean not a lot. I don't think i've had any. But it'd be like im for me again in high school or something, right, like what am I doing here? I'm forty years old? Yeah? Kind of like what was that? Uncle Rico? He always wanted back throw pigskin over them mountain. See the mountain right there, I can throw right over the top. How much you want to make a bet? I can throw football over the mountains anyway. Next one, Number four being unprepared for an important event, right, so, I don't know quite what that could be, like a test, yeah, or test or you still know the answer.
Speaker 2: I had one like that where just recently where tell me in my dream, I was kind of like going through this career change and I was doing like a multiple interview process where there's like five people interviewing you at once, and then that interview it just went terrible.
Speaker 1: Oh, because it was just you know, the answers.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to have questions and you mess up your words and you yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess I've had those kind of things where I expected to have a skill that I didn't have at work. Yeah those two. Or I have a skill that I know I have, but when I turned to use it, it doesn't work out like it's supposed to, and then everybody thinks I don't have the skill. I've had those, Okay, Yeah, I can relate to that. Number five flying super dreams. I love those. I love them. They are the best unless you crash. But anyway, the flying farm wires is totally awesome. Number six, sex with someone you shouldn't Wow. Yeah, I don't know if we need to talk a lot about that. Well, because my wife listens to my podcast. Okay. Number seven, encountering a person who has died in real life. Okay, you've had that.
Speaker 2: This is not a reoccurring dream, and I actually have had a reoccurring dream about that.
Speaker 1: Now that you say that, well, let's tell one. I got two. Can I tell both? Yeah, but you got to do it quickly once. We only have like superlimited hours to do this podcasting, right.
Speaker 2: So the reoccurring aspect of this and the other part just kind of popped in my head when you said that is reoccurring aspect. When I was younger, I think I've talked about this before. I had a dream where I was out in the backyard of my grandparents' house. We're picking up some sticks, yeah, and like putting him in a wheelbarrow like day cut down a tree or something. And I was with my grandpa who'd recently passed away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a recurring one.
Speaker 2: That stick jumps to life that I'm trying to pick up and it runs off kind of into a really foggy day.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a wannabe Pinocchio.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, but in the fog you got only feet of visibility. Basically you can I can see like a perfectly round circle of what's around me. But then everything else is just white misted, and the stick runs off, fades into the fog, and then my grandpa.
Speaker 1: Goes after it. Yeah, in three D modeling, you call that the fog distance. Really yeah? Interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, uh, the fog distance. And then and then I wake up. And I had this several times in a row. I ended up realizing that I had a cassette tape in to put myself that wap trigger it.
Speaker 1: I changed it. I never had it again. That was weird.
Speaker 2: Second story, and that one pretty quick I did.
Speaker 1: I flew through it. You're awesome.
Speaker 2: I know this story comes from a coworker at work, and I asked him if he would repeat it to me today, but.
Speaker 1: I totally forgot I had asked him.
Speaker 2: But the way I understood it, and I'll probably get some of these facts wrong, but the principles are the same.
Speaker 1: He You're a professional podcaster. This is our number fourteenth episode, so it's okay, okay, okay, cool cool, cool, cool cool cool.
Speaker 2: He had a grandpa or probably like a great uncle or an uncle, somebody semi close to him but not extremely close, not like a brother or a dad, but like a like an uncle.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good. Detail passed away.
Speaker 2: And the day before he passed away, he passed away from a sudden heart attack.
Speaker 1: No lead up on the day before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, well, when he passed away, he had a heart attack. There's no way to know he's going to have a heart attack. There's not like, oh you know, I'm not feeling very good, or he didn't have like cancer. It was just like one day, it's over. The night before he passes away, he has a dream that he's like walking along a trail or something and he there's nobody on the trail. This girl is walking towards him, and he says he can remember the girl's face. He recognized her, but he's not sure who she is. And then he kind of gets in a conversation and he's like, hey, do I know you? Or they kind of have this interaction where he asks it.
Speaker 1: He feels like he should know her and he's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically, and they go back and forth. She had brown, thick hair, and she tells him his name, which even the guy who told me the story, he couldn't remember the exact name. But she tells him in his dream her name and says that she's gonna go be with Jesus, and and he's with Jesus. They can talk again, and then they go separate ways. He wakes up the next morning, tells his wife his wife has thick.
Speaker 1: Brown, curly hair.
Speaker 2: The girl in the dream room looks similar to his wife or something along those lines, and he basically remembers that the name that that girl gave him was the daughter he was supposed to have, but it was a miscarriage.
Speaker 1: Oh so, so they had had a miscarried baby there a long time ago. It was his name.
Speaker 2: And then the next day he's heart attacked.
Speaker 1: So he meets her in the dream on this trail and she says, why, I'm what Jesus. When you get here, we'll talk about hang out and then the next day and then yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: Very soon after he has heart attack, he tells his wife about it, and this is a real guy that died and his wife.
Speaker 1: Told the story, probably just obliterated.
Speaker 2: Bawling, but yeah, it was a crazy dream. Gave me goosebumps when he said that. And then when you said it counting a person who has died in real life, it was kind of like, oh, yeah, that's a good time to bring well.
Speaker 1: And technically I guess it wasn't recurring, although it did recur in it was it was as it happened in real life. Prophetic. Yeah, it's weird, which is another category for later. Yeah, gosh, good stories, Austin like those, you know, they kind of make me feel sad in a weird kind of way. I'm moving on. So number eight teeth falling out, And these are recurring dreams, right, cream dream style, So teeth falling out. I've had that where I'm grinding a tooth so I was thinking and then I wake up and like, oh man, my jaw hurts or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your teeth kind of go numb, like your gums when you really bite hard in your sleep, they kind of go numb.
Speaker 1: I think that's a dream when you feel like you actually have chewed your tooth out or they crumbled or something. I've had that. That's an awful dream. Well, right now, I've got team. He's talking like from North Dakota or his mouth very because job doesn't move his tars. He likes it, don't you know? Don't you know? Once already okay, onward, teeth falling out. Number eight and number nine is being lost. I don't know if I've had a lost dream. I don't know. I don't know. I always look for the north star and then I was found.
Speaker 10: Wow, the right there it is wendy second start of the right straight.
Speaker 2: On till morning.
Speaker 1: Moving in slow motion or going nowhere. I have had that where usually it's kind of combined with the chase stream where it's like I'm running, I'm trying to get away, and then you can't, like I'm made of cement or lead shoes or something. I can't tread bill, Yeah, treadmill.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a drink to this in Okay, Yeah, you better get that taken care of.
Speaker 1: So moving to slow motion going nowhere. Number ten, Number eleven being late, Oh yeah, yeah, I have those. I mean self explain it to very common. Number twelve being paralyzed or unable to speak. I don't know if I have a recurring dream of that. But I've had a couple dreams where I've been immobilized. My good buddy, you know, Matt, who told me stories that he used to kind of yeah, he would have these episodes where and he didn't really know if they were dreams or not, where he would be frozen, he couldn't move, and they were like aliens or demons or something looking through windows at him as he's stuck to the floor. Sleep paralysis, which probably influenced my dream of being stuck to the floor in the presence of oh something you mentioned that earlier. That was in my dream, but yeah, that's anyway, what were you gonna say, Oh.
Speaker 2: Those kind of coming you know, like moving in slow motion or going nowhere, being paralyzed or unable to speak. I have those kind of feelings, like usually when there's a threat in your dream, which is semi nightmarish, you can't get up and get away.
Speaker 1: You know. One interesting thing on these and you told a couple of stories about that with you, where like you think somebody's in the house or something, Yeah, and you kind of freeze. People who claim to have been abducted or experience aliens and time loss have this happen. Oh yeah, they report this. So it's interesting that it's a dream, but it's also something that crosses over into that whole alien abduction realm, which we haven't done a podcast.
Speaker 2: I feel like this kind of similar being paralyzed or unable to speak, and you'd mentioned Matt having these dreams where he's not sure if he's awake or a sleep could be alight, sleep paralysis, which is when a lot of people see hat Man, which was a topic we covered earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, by the way, I got to do a shout out to Matt. Hey, Matt, good to see you last week. It was awesome to go down there and hang out and talk about all the cool stuff like aliens and demons and Rack. Yeah he has this man has cool stuff. He's a super Trooper Scooper. Yes he is. He's got cool stuff. Every time I come home, I want to buy new stuff, Like, hey, what did I just buy Austin. We bought a box fan, We bought a box van. So I think we told everybody last time that we got a motorcycle. Motor scooter. Really that's a yeah, that's actually a really nice bike, and we are converting it into a dual sport, and we're gonna stick those suckers in the back of the box van and go out and do our investigations adventures. Yeah, so stay tuned for that. We're gonna post pictures up on the build of those, and we're also going to talk about our upcoming adventures. I think we're gonna go out and find some petroglyphs.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what. Else, We'll probably find some rabbit trails, which is what we're on right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna take it back. Okay, we are a number thirteen cheating partner green dreams. I've had those a lot, have you. I don't think I've ever had one that's good. I don't like them. I wouldn't like them. If I had them, I wouldn't be comforted they're good. Okay, So on to number fourteen. Spiders, snakes, or scary creatures. I definitely had those. I mentioned that before. Yeah, the snake that kept eating my stomach. Ye, I think I've had I don't know. I've had dreams of weird creatures that were chasing me. I've had a dream about zombies recently that change, you know, that were chasing me. I love a good zombie dream. This was bad. So these were like fun zombies, fun created by a cokeker of mine. Paul, if you're out there, I don't know why I had a dream about you that you created these things that were chasing me. They were like humanoids and they were prolific. So they started out with a few, and they kept getting more and more in number, and I kept running and it was fun at first, and then finally I finally did this dairy maneuver where I jumped off a balcony into a swimming pool and got out and was laughing about how I escaped all these creatures, and you said, oh, sure, it's fun for now. But what you don't realize is they just keep coming. It'll never stop. Oh that's creepy. And that was when I woke up and I had to get up and go check my doors. I checked all my locks in the house. It was like three in them. Freaked me out.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that has to do with pandemic dreaming. I think there's this thing out to get you. It just never stops.
Speaker 1: I think it's totally true. I think it is. You take a bath in chlorine, and it was my first pandemic dream that I know of. You know what's weird is I had a dream similar to that, very very very similar. Maybe it was on the same night.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this was a long time ago. But in this dream, my old roommate Dave what's up? Dave, Dave cal Him Tony Stark sometimes. Him and I were playing video games pretty regularly. We were playing this one where you're like on a boat and you don't have weapons, you don't have anything, but there's like ghosts and monsters. Yeah, and the whole point is to hide and to be sneaky and to not get caught.
Speaker 1: And this was a dream like.
Speaker 2: Phantom like rates of floating which things and and and you've got to hide in like like like a cabinet.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, good try.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, but uh we played this game where you know, monsters things, and then I have this dream that night on like a apartment complex and inside one of the rooms and I'm hiding in a closet. Basically it's where my dream starts. And then these little like kind of almost shadow peoplely things are coming after me.
Speaker 1: Once again. With the shadow people, that's the.
Speaker 2: Only thing I can relate them to. Their like almost more like reverse shadow people, Like they're they're like bright, kind of jagged figures of people, and I'm running away from them, trying to hide, and the keep there's more and more, and I jump off the roof of this apartment complex into a swimming pool. And that's when my kind of safety happens is when I hit the swimming pool after being overwhelmed by these weird that's it was really weird that you said that about the zombies, because.
Speaker 1: It's almost like there's a common recurring dream in our genetic code.
Speaker 2: WHOA, all right, that's kind of cool anyway, Yeah, I don't know, how do we watch too many videos?
Speaker 1: I think people jumping a swimming pool, too many movies, too many bad movies, hotel heist movies. So the next one it would be intruders. Yeah, people breaking into your house and avoiding them or saving your kids or whatever because of intruders. Those you've had those dreams freak me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've had a couple of this, And I had one where, uh, you know, I had the kind of dream or something was.
Speaker 1: Off when I woke up in the middle of the night. You have to go check the light. Two in the morning. I'm like, you know, I do this every time. I just go look at the door. The door's locked. I go back to bed.
Speaker 2: Everything's okay. Yeah, I get up hesitantly opened the door. Lights roll off. Houses nice and dark, maybe the the oven light is on or like the microwave, like you can see like a dim light in the kitchen. I checked the door, it's locked. You know, you have that sigh of relief. You're like, just another manic.
Speaker 1: Monday, just another manic mon. Turn around.
Speaker 2: I saw a six foot two guy, no hair, big beard, and I kind of like went into like fight or flight, full fight mode, ready to tackle this person.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know what it was. So that was the Marty sawmon. It was Marty. So it's been for people who don't know us talking about him. He is a missionic rabbi, so he has like the long beard and tassels and stuff, so in some way very Yeah, he's really he's tall, and yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Would kind of give you a weird especially because you just came to the point of, yeah, sorry, there's nobody here.
Speaker 1: I'm just being weird again. I'll go back to bed and then ah, and then you look at him, and you see that those white pearly teeth aren't like vampire teeth. It's actually a giant smile and it's not quite so scary. Yeah. Well, okay, there's one more. You know. I found a list of thirty of these. I just went to number sixteen because I thought number sixteen was very interesting and it was being naked in public. I don't hear about these. Yeah, I've never been naked. I've been in my underwear in public where I realized, oh my gosh, I didn't put my pants on, but I had been totally exposed buck naked. Unlike the Duchess of Cambridge or Kate Middleton, the princess, she's actually quite attractive, very pretty lady, good for her people. But she she, you know, was kind of thrust into the limelight when she prince and she's in line to be the Queen of England, and she has talked about this openly in public, about having dreams about being naked in public, in front of the Queen, in front of the press and in front of the public. She goes to a royal event and she's naked in the dream. Now, I think a lot of dudes, especially wish that they would see you, Kate, you know, naked in front of a large crowd. But it's not a fun dream to have. So anyway, embarrassing dreams very dream You know. Another interesting story about Kate Middleton, and I don't know if it maybe is part of the dream, maybe cause the dream, But they went out on her and the prince went out and they were on a boat and some photographers caught some pictures of her sunbathing topless and it was a big scandal. Oh yeah, So maybe it comes from that. Maybe that kind of helped and traumatize her. Yeah, I don't know if it was before or after, but anyway, shame on you eyes for not giving her her privacy. That's just a bad form anyway. Well, Austin, that brings us to number five, healing dreams. So healing dreams, like we talked about in our first episode, are dreams that maybe speak to you and tell you something that motivates you to make a change or do something that actually brings healing to your life. Interesting. It could be emotional healing, it could be physical healing, a bunch of different things. So I found an interesting story online and it was found on the Huffington Post, and it's a story about a breast cancer survivor. Her name was a Sonny or Sunny Ingles, and I'm not sure I would pronounce it Sonny, but anyways, had a dream that she believes saved her life, and so the dream was really interesting. So apparently this lady was running in a race and she was way ahead, she was winning. So she's chugging along running and all of a sudden a car pulls up beside her and it's her husband, and he rolls down the window or kicks open the door or whatever. He says, get in, get in. She's like, no way, I'm winning the race. I'm winning the race, and he goes, you need to get in. You can come back to the race later. And after some pleading, Sonny gets in the car and they drive off, and apparently he takes her home. And when they come in the house, she's feeling weird and kind of upset because she left the race when she was winning and feeling good about it. And she walks by a mirror, looks over and sees that there's something wrong on the side of her neck. And in real life, her mom had had like some thyroid surgery or something recently. For some reason, it's stuck in her mind that there was something wrong with her neck, and when she woke up the next day, she decided that maybe this dream was trying to tell her something. So she talked to her husband and talked to her mom, and her mom encouraged her, well, what do you got to lose, Just go get it checked. So she goes to the doctor and it turns out they found breast cancer, that she was in stage one breast cancer, and because of that, they caught it early, so they were able to do like a limited surgery and gave her some chemotherapy, and after you know, a month or two or four whatever it was, she was cancer free. Nice. So she believes that dream saved her life, or at least stopped her from going down a path where the cancer would have become stage two or three or more. Yeah, right, And I thought that was cool, Like you know, my mom, your grandma, she had breast cancer and after twenty some years they found it in stage four and it actually took her life. And I wish mom would have seen it or had a dream that dream to go in and get checked, like when that was just beginning. Maybe that would be a different outcome. Maybe I don't know. So going on to number six, these are fun prophetic or precognitive dreams. So these are interesting because you have like the traditional ones we've all heard about, like anybody who's gone to church, or even if you haven't, you've heard the religious kind of prophetic dreams. So another kind of prophetic dream could be done by anybody like you or me. And we can have a dream and for some reason we think it's real and we bank on it, and sure enough it happens. So one of those dreams, and this this isn't like absolutely positively one hundred percent, I mean, you can't prove it, but it's expected to be true. And that's the dream that Abraham Lincoln had about his own assassination. So he had a dream and it was reported by his lawyer friend and partner who also was one of his bodyguards, a dream that he had that was basically of somebody being assassinated in the White House. And this took place just prior to his assassination in the theater. And so we got your brother in law Andrew, who was going to do his interpretation of Abraham Lincoln. So we're gonna play that episode. Who this is? This is his This is Mary Shelley's husband. Yeah, this is Abraham Lincoln's recitation of his dream, as given to his lawyer. Take it away, Andrew.
Speaker 4: I soon began to dream. I heard subdued soalbs, as if a number of people were weeping. I left my bed and wandered downstairs. There I met with a sickening surprise.
Speaker 1: Before me.
Speaker 4: It was a catafalque, one which rested a corpse wrapped in funeral investments. Around it was stationed soldiers who are acting as gods. And that was a throng of people gazing mournfully upon the corpse, whose face was covered others weeping pitifully. Who was dead in.
Speaker 1: The White House?
Speaker 4: I demanded of one of the soldiers.
Speaker 1: The president was his answer. He was killed by an assassin. So for those of you who think that he doesn't sound nearly like Abraham Lincoln, I want you to know that Andrew actually went out on the web and did a bunch of research, probably spent two or three hours trying to find written explanations of what Abraham Lincoln sounded like and apparently had a higher tenor voice with a little bit of kind of a Southern draw, and so Andrew kind of came up.
Speaker 2: With, it's weird that he had a Southern draw, I know, because he's kind of not that southern well, and he.
Speaker 1: Was aligned with the North. Yeah, yeah, but anywhere. Abraham Lincoln sure forg gone seven years ago.
Speaker 10: Our father shut fork to this continent noon day, and she used in the proposition that all men are created, dequel was certain un alienabull rights.
Speaker 1: How's that? That's actually pretty darn good. We should have had you do it.
Speaker 2: I was trying to get my bingo wings flapping, you know, shake my hands a little.
Speaker 1: It's too bad that we don't have actual recordings of what he sounded like. And then we could make a bet and then the winner of you and Andrew could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wouldn't it be depressing to lose to Andrew.
Speaker 7: Four score seven years ago?
Speaker 2: He's like Mike Tyson, Yeah, hush guard seven years ago. Michael Jackson apparently, or Mike I don't know what I was say. He's got that weird lisp.
Speaker 1: I can't Mike Tyson, I don't know. I wouldn't say anything bad about him, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'd knock you the flip out, bro.
Speaker 1: My face into a bloody bulp.
Speaker 2: Or just get high with you and be like doesn't matter. Apparently he was a ranch full of weed.
Speaker 5: I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 8: I don't know nothing about none, but I know what I can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently he started a ranch in Mariluina and like you can go and stay there.
Speaker 1: He's got like the best marijuana and weird. I know he's training. I don't know. I've seen all the memes on the Facebook of him getting in fighting shape and that maybe him and even Hollyfield are going to go at it in their.
Speaker 2: Fifties, fight that guy either one, especially if he's got the monkeys. If you do, make sure you don't expose your ear protectors like that looks like cauliflower.
Speaker 1: I'm honey. Okay, we're moving on number seven. We've only got two more categories to go on. We're doing it, and we're only like like one hour. This is gonna be a long episode, all right. Well, a good thing about podcasts is you can stop it and restart at any time. So for those of you who have hung in there, congratations, congratulations. Okay, number seven signal dreams. This is really interesting. Signal dreams are dreams that help you solve a problem, something that you're thinking about and you're stewing on and then all of a sudden you have this dream and Alujah chorus, Suddenly you know the answer or you are on the right track of an answer direction. Yeah, so one of those could be. I don't know if it's a perfect fit. But Albert Einstein when he was young, and it sent him on his journey, his quest for the theory of relativity. But this dream was a young Albert sliding down a snowy mountain side on a sled. Nice jingle belling, Yeah, And the sled kept going faster and faster and faster. And the faster he went and approached the speed of light, he noticed that the stars around him started distorting and stretching and becoming weird and colorful. And when he awoke, that dream kind of triggered his lifelong exploration of finding out the theory of relativity that when you approach the speed of light that things change. So out of that came the equation he equals MC squared. And it's a true story. It's I mean, get on online. Check it out. It's all over the place. So that's one. Another one is Elias Howe. Now, Elias Howe, for those of you who don't know, was the inventor of the sewing.
Speaker 2: Machine and distant relative Linda Moulten Howe.
Speaker 1: Linda Moulton how the cattle mutilation goddess mother Moo, mother Moo we call her, yes, which she has her website. You should check her out. But anyway, first couple episodes. If you're wondering what we're talking about, Yeah, yeah, go back to cattle mutilations. But uh, Elias how he had a dream and I love this dream. This dream is awesome. So Elias how was trying to figure out how to create a machine that could sew and he was stumped. And he had thought about this and thought about this, you know, and the things that I read, and to the point of exhaustion. Poor guy, he was just miserable. But maybe that point of exhaustion and inability to sleep actually gave him the answer he was looking for in a signal dream, because he had a dream that he was in Africa and the jungles of Africa and he's being chased by a cannibalistic African tribe through the jungle. So you know, in my mind, I'm thinking all like Indiana Jones here, you know, running through it. You know, well that too. And he's running through the jungle and the cannibals finally catch him and they tie him up and they throw him in a big boiling well it's not boiling. They throw them in a pot and they put it over a fire, and I don't know, maybe they cut up potatoes and carrots and stuff and threw it in there, and they're gonna have, you know, an elias house stew How you stealing? How you stealing it? Don't liast to me anyway. So the water's heating up, and he is getting uncomfortable in his dream, and so he tries to jump out of the pot, and these cannibals would have these sharp tipped spears and they'd poke him and jab him and knock him back into the pot. And so after a while, you know, it was very disturbing and he woke up. One thing he remembered, though, in his conscious mind, is that the spears, for some reason, had little holes in the end of them. And as he was thinking about the dream, he had the thought light yeah. The light bulb goes off, and he says, there's holes in the points. There's holes in the points. There's holes in the points. Keep talking about you're talking about the holes in the points. What is that? It sounds a point no holes. It sounds like a gambling scheme, you know, a point fixing scheme for Vegas basketball gambling holes in the points. Anyway, so he starts thinking about this, and he realizes that in a sewing needle, the holes on the back of the needle and you put the thread through it, and they push it through the fabric and you put it back up. But it was impossible to push the needle through the fabric on a machine and then have it turn around and come back through, because it would need an arm or something that would pass it through and pass. So then he had the brain idea, the hole in the point like the holes in the spear. What if you put the thread in the tip of the needle instead of the back eye of the needle. M then it would be a relatively simple mechanical procedure to push the thread through the fabric and then from the bottom have another islet that goes in ties the fabric through the hole and then pulls that thread back up to the top of the fabric. I've dealt with this kin undrum myself well, and it turned out that was the answer. He made the mechanism, and he is the father of the sewing machine, and it is the same principle that all sewing machines from the until now have been based up. That's a signal, that's awesome. So what we're gonna say, you've got the same problem.
Speaker 2: I've always wondered how sewing machines work because like, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: You just look at it.
Speaker 2: Knowing what I know about sewing is you have a needle, here's a thread in the back of it, poke it through, send it through the other side.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you got the bobbin underneath. I know that's the thing. You gotta wind the thread on the bobbin.
Speaker 2: Well, I've never really paid attention to a machine. So mom would so like weird pillows I had to have for school for like assemblies or whatever.
Speaker 1: And her sewing machine never worked very well either. Oh brother, get it, brother, brother, Our brother is a singer machine. Sewing jokes. We're sewing jokes in the field. No no, no, no, no, but I've always wondered how it works.
Speaker 2: And I actually saw like a little graphic animation kind of thing where it was like a X ray type vision thing of how it goes. It could show the needle in the thread, and I was like, oh, I so to come up with that. I wouldn't think of that, and I'm pretty mechanically minded.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: Subject, Okay, stop it, Okay, put a put a thimble in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're zig zagging all over the place. We do. Okay, So finally that brings us to our eighth and final category and then we can wrap this long drawn out episode up. Epic dreams. Epic Now, this one was hard because when I tried to do research on, you know, epic dreams that people have had, it was hard to find. And epic dreams are dreams that fundamentally change a person's trajectory in life, like a pivotal dream. Yeah, pivotal, there's different names for it. It's a life changing experience. It's it's very real, it's very specific. It's it's something that's not forgettable. You can't forget it if you tried, and it resonates and it usually brings some kind of special information to you that makes you want to do things differently, or gives you purpose or yeah, and they can be prophetic even. But what's weird about them is that they are so real, so big, impactful, so epic that they stick and you can't get rid of them if you try, except for maybe with illicit drugs and alcohol. Wow. Yeah, not recommended. That might work for surgeon's general warning. Yeah, surgeon general warning, or could maybe amplify the epic dream. So okay, let's think of people who have had epic dreams. Let's do good examples. Martin Luther King.
Speaker 7: I have a dream one day this nation will rise up, live out the true meaning of its dreams. We hold these joos to be self evident that all men are created.
Speaker 2: I have a dream.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know if that was inspired by it by an actual dream that he had at night that he remembered, but I mean, that's like one of the things I think of, Okay, an epic dream. I've had an epic dream. I told that story in the first one about you know, and I think it means something still do to this day, but I'm not sure what. I can't forget it. Then there are people who have had epic dreams that are bad, and sometimes they might broach into the Messiah complex type of epic dreams where they believe they are something, they have encountered something, and they are something very very special and it directs their life. And there are a lot of like rock gods or movie stars that can have that flavor. They think that they maybe actually have had a dream or have been spoken to by some entity that makes them that they are special and they must do something different with their life.
Speaker 2: Who's big on that stuff? Cult leaders?
Speaker 1: Col leader? Yeah, I was gonna say, James Jones, Jonestown Children, he had dreams they moved South America and killed everybody on the whole thing is awful. Drink the kool aid. You'd really have to have potent dream Yeah, well they you here. Think of another one, probably the most notorious that he talked a lot about his dreams for different things, which would be Adolf Hitler dreams of the Third Right, dreams of the Aryan race, dreams of the extermination of Jews, which kind of brings us to the whole concept of dreams. Dreams can be good, dreams can be bad, or they could be in between. They could be inert. They could just be nothing. But there are also a lot of things that like in the pursuit of information, it's almost like delving into the occult where if you think that in your dreams you can come in contact with something that gives you extra world information that maybe they get a little dangerous, almost like the idea of possession, where you're messing around with things that you don't know where the information is actually coming from. You don't know if it's true, good or bad, and so it's like the pursuit of that could almost turn into something awful. It's almost like something could like in the case of Hitler or some of the other people, it's like in the pursuit of those things, it could almost turn into something really bad, like maybe you come into contact with information that you shouldn't or maybe it's like you're solving a problem in my mind, I almost want my dreams instead of pursuing dreams that give me some kind of special information. I just want my consciousness and my brain and all of that stuff needs it that it delivers it by itself without me trying to force it to right, except for maybe in daydreams, and daydreams are kind of different. You love my daydream Yeah, you can kind of control those, and there are inspiration for creativity and all that kind of stuff. But anyway, I mean, so that's our eight topics, that's our eight dream categories. Pretty crazy, Yeah, and you know, it was kind of fun. We've got to think about our own dreams that we've had. And then tonight now it's late, it's probably about midnight, and we get to go try to experience our own dreams or maybe not try, but maybe we will. Yeah, maybe we'll get chased by zombies. That would be cool. I love a zombie dream. Yeah. Or maybe we'll have to find off hot ladies who find us irresistibly attractive hot lady zombies like no that anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the weirdest.
Speaker 1: Dream you've ever had that you can remember? Like just weird, not like you know, I think of, you know, my epic dream is so still so burned in my memory. It's the first one I think of. I can't help it when I think of other ones. I think of the ones I had recently, which is the Paul zombies, zombies that chased me around, the one where I was stuck to the floor, that was really really weird weird. It was a weird hard one. How about you, what was your weirdest dream? I don't know about the weirdest.
Speaker 2: I had a couple of dreams, like kind of back to back. It was while I was playing games with that same friend, David, and uh we were in but we were like in the game, and that was kind of cool. I like those dreams where you're in the game, like you. I've had several dreams where like a video game, and I don't even play that many video games anymore.
Speaker 1: I used to. It's a natural jumping point, but like you're.
Speaker 2: You're in the video game, which is kind of like a dream in itself because you're doing these things you could never do it in your real life. I've had these dreams where I'm in a video game like Modern Warfare or something, or Daisy, which is a zombie game, and you know, I'm trying to link up with my friends or Those dreams are always a little bit weird because it's like violent but fun. Weird, but you know it's okay, Yeah, it's odd.
Speaker 1: Those dreams are weird. I oh, gosh, Okay. My weirdest dream ever the one that kind of haunts me because it was so awful. Was a dream about your sister. I think I've heard this, and she had some terrible disease or something, and she was miserable and she was begging me to put her out of her misery. And so in the dream it's like I shot her in the head and then she didn't die, and then I felt bad. I'm like, I'm so sorry I shot you. You wanted me to, but you're not dying, so maybe you're not terminally ill. And she's like, well, if you wouldn't have shot me in the head, i'd probably live. But now that you shot me, I'm going to die. Yikes. Turn the cards on you, I know it. And I wake up and you wonder what in the heck is going off? And it might have had something to do with At that time, your grandma had a dog that was old and mean, and she asked me to have it put down down but she didn't want to pay any money to do it. And she'd asked me, if i'd just go out and do it like you used to do on the farm, if you had an old animal out of compassion, you would like put it out of its misery. Kind of like Old Yeller, right, you know, or where the red fern grows. So I took this her animal out and I euthanized it very humanely, but it very.
Speaker 2: Much to point point to two middleleaders of black power.
Speaker 4: But it bug me.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't want to do it, and but yet at the same time I didn't want to. I didn't have any money. We were mom and I were broke, so I can, you know, pay for it? So I did what she asked, And to this day, I think it still haunts me a little bit, although I can kind of justify those things. I can bring myself to do those things. If it doesn't modern, yeah, well will when you're older, because it didn't used to bug me either. Yeah, So maybe that's what inspired that dream. But it was horrible. There's nothing in the world that I love more than my kids, my wife, and my family. Right, that was my most off I.
Speaker 2: Think anytime your life is stressful like that, you have more weird dreams.
Speaker 1: Totally, and I'm sure a lot of people that are out there listening can relate to this kind of stuff, which brings us to the point where as we're wrapping this down, wrapping this up, it doesn't matter. It's the same thing. You know, who really knows what's up and down in the universe. Thought, But our listeners probably have lots of strange dreams, and we would love to hear those strange dreams if you wouldn't mind sharing, and we would share them on the on the podcast in special episodes. Maybe we'll call it the Theater of Strange Dreams. I don't know, but dream theater, dream theater, it's a band. Just go into your favorite mail program and send your written out description of your dream to my story at a strange thing dot com. And if you do it, we'll put them in a safe place and we will save them and we'll do a podcast and if we read them on the air, we will give you some swag and some kudos and you'll feel like a very important, wise famous person. That's right. Also, while you're there doing that kind of stuff, if you would take a moment and like us on Facebook, on Instagram, on LinkedIn, stitch your all the podcast apps. Yeah, we're on all of them, just like us, Follow us, and please share us with your friend. I mean, we know we're not anything extraordinarily awesome like that that little bass sound that came through the microphone. But like us and share us and get us out there. We're gonna start promoting ourselves a little more. Maybe in the next few months, we're going to try to get our uh what I call it our investigation destination vehicle up and running TV and our motorcycles in the back, so we'll be able to go out and investigate some things. Got some plans for that that we'll be sharing in the future, and one of them is including giant hairy creatures.
Speaker 2: Hairy creatures farious yeaharous, it'd be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, there's things are coming. Until then, I hope you guys have great sleep and wicked dreams and wicked there you go, strange dreams and wicked sleep. I don't know what strange I said, strange dreams and wicked sleep. I enunciated extremely well. You did, thank you like a enunciation machine. Yes, it's like I was born to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I joining us next time.
Speaker 1: Hey, before you totally close this, I want to say that we know this was a long episode. We talked a lot and okay, starting over started.
Speaker 2: Okay, not start over, but but if you go to Stitcher or probably most podcast abbs. Yeah, you can go like double speed or one point five speed, but you can go half speed or like point seventy five. And no, everybody sounds super drunk.
Speaker 1: We're not. It's so funny. Just listen to a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's because it's so funny, Like, just slow down a little. They slur their words.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like really trying to think of what to say in those long it's awesome pauses. Weird. Well, I hope that you don't like us so much that you want to listen to us twice as long I would. Yeah, we're growing slow, but sure we're not giving a lot of you know, promotions or anything. But you know, it's kind of cool to see more people listening to us. And and we do it because we like it and because we like to burp in the microphone and make disgusting noises by throat. I don't know what it is. My throat just keeps going bare. Something catches. It's not like a burp, it's like a Well that just shows how real we are. We're super row. We're real. Raw people are wrang ra raw ra ra kick him in the knee. Okay, let's let's not go all grammtary here. Kick him in the other kneed. No, that's a great note to stuff. All right, thanks again for joining us, guys. Have a great night.
Speaker 2: Sleep yeah taters, taters rah rah.
Speaker 1: Kick him in the knee, rah rah rass come in the other in need
Speaker 5: Must be