Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Well, here we are. This is the Gas Weekend Fix. Yes, in addition to the normal twenty hours of content that we try to produce every week for the regular show, this Gas Weekend Fix is stuff that we wouldn't be able to get to during the you know what are regular jobs. And a couple of weeks ago, we did an event out at Bravery Brewing up in Lancaster. Shout out to Bart and everybody up there at Bravery, and we had an idea where we were going to allow people to ask us questions. And we got through some of the questions while we were there and did the last Weekend Fix or the one a couple of weekends ago at Bravery Brewing, and we had some other questions that were left over that.
Speaker 1: We believe kept these I mean, these pieces of paper are there. They've been abused, they've been through some things, they've seen the wars of a news and bruise.
Speaker 2: They do smell like you smell them. You could just get the get the aroma smell a little bit like piss.
Speaker 1: This is like when I asked you to smell my pants the other day.
Speaker 2: This is nothing like that. Just to be clear, I'm still a little shaken by that. Yeah, I don't know if there's ever been a time in my life when I have been asked to smell someone else's pants. Well, welcome, you're in the right. They have an equal amount of questions. You have five, I have five. Let's let's get through something. Okay. Do you want me to go first? Yes, you go first.
Speaker 1: These are cute little pieces of paper.
Speaker 2: By the way. By the way, they're wonderful.
Speaker 1: They say gas weekend fixed and there's a little logo. This ask us a question, all right, when are Shannon and Gary paying for a cruise for their fans?
Speaker 2: Like John Cobelt.
Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, Johnson paid for a ham sandwich for any of y'all.
Speaker 2: John is not paying for that cruise. I don't know. There's another one for Conway as well. Kaway has not footing the bill for that. That's not how that works. Well, we don't make money. Well, there's that. But second of.
Speaker 1: All, even if we did, we would spend it. We would take our family on a cruise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't even do that. No, the idea that and it's not. John's not going on a cruise, if I'm not mistaken, He's on a He's flying to Iceland.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean also wonderful, right, which would be great. But yeah, the way those trips work, I think is that the listeners pay and it's just a trip that you would probably take anyway.
Speaker 2: But we're going with John.
Speaker 1: So you get to see the fact that John Bias is underwear and bulk from Lake Arrowhead.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you get to see that, but that would come.
Speaker 1: Up smell your pants situation happens and the underwear is revealed.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Here's a question this one. It says, question for Shannon, who is going to win the World Series this year?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hmm, the New York Mets. Okay, is that a viable guest?
Speaker 2: Sure? Okay, I don't know why it wouldn't be. Who do you think is going to win the World Series? I don't think the Dodgers are going to win the World Series. And I know they were the favorite obviously going into it. They've had serious problems keeping pictures healthy.
Speaker 1: Pitching health is a problem, and I know that everyone's going to come back after their various ailments and surgeries and things, and it will be the right time. And I love that Shohatani when we get him the playoffs doesn't get counted as a pitcher because he plays. He's a two way player and all of that. I love all of it. On paper, it sounds great in the offense is incredible, slights out when it chooses to surface. But it's just it's really hard to win the World Series, and to win it repeatedly.
Speaker 2: It's rare for that that uh, what do you call it? It's rare for the number one choice preseason to ever become the champion exactly season. There's a lot that goes on. Yeah, so I don't know. I would say Detroit Detroit has been sort of a surprise because they have the best record.
Speaker 1: In basement, suddenly, I want a mustache and a fast sports car.
Speaker 2: Okay, Red Ferrari, is that right? Yes?
Speaker 1: Magnum p I is is that the car that talks?
Speaker 2: Is that kid? That's a different show? Ah? What show is that?
Speaker 1: Night writer?
Speaker 2: Night Writer?
Speaker 1: And who's in that one besides the car?
Speaker 2: David Hasselhoff. Ah, so you were too young? I mean that was, So, what's the.
Speaker 1: Deal with the with the guy with the stash and the Detroit Tigers hat?
Speaker 2: He was a private investigator magnum pi ah, and he had a car as well, Yes, the Red Ferrari.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, cars were a very big deal going up. They were their own characters, Hazard, the general Lee, the Transformers, go on, what's your next one? Uh, my brother is somewhere ending my life with a boodoo doll? Would a frozen booger cut glass? Did Gary have to do the casting couch for all male theater? That's ever we've ever referred to it as all male theater, no adult theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not all male theater. You know, I that woman.
Speaker 1: I watched a woman all up on you for at least twenty five minutes in your last production.
Speaker 2: It was like it was I'm in the front row.
Speaker 1: You're like right at the beginning of the stage whatever that's called front stage, backstage. I know, it's like it's like nearsighted, far decided. It's very confusing, and you're sitting there and she's basically on your.
Speaker 2: Lap and it's weird.
Speaker 1: Not she never we all had to sit there and just sit in it and watch it, and it was like watching porn with your parents.
Speaker 2: Off how you know?
Speaker 1: I don't, but I didn't like it anyway.
Speaker 2: The other question, can a frozen booger cut glass? Right?
Speaker 1: Have you ever frozen your book? Have you ever kept a booger? Have you ever frozen it? Have you ever tried to cut glass with it?
Speaker 2: I have done none of those things. Good bad combinations.
Speaker 1: He comes up with that question. By the way, that's a we should flag this person, it says priest from a priest. Okay, we should flag that person as a security risk for the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Jake writes, as a person with autism, how many people have you met on the spectrum? And what is your experience with them?
Speaker 1: So I've said this numerous times. I watch love on the spectrum and the overriding feeling I walk away with is we are all somewhere on the spectrum. Yeah, we all have spectrum tendencies or what have you.
Speaker 2: I have a cousin. I don't remember if I've explained this before. I have a cousin who I grew up with, and we spent a lot of time together, and there were characteristics about this cousin of mine that were they were weird. I didn't think it that much about him until maybe within the last year or two, having a discussion with my sisters about our family, just kind of who's in the family, et cetera, and autism came up and they said, well, you know, you know he's autistic, right, And my mind was blown. Now it's not that we know that he was diagnosed with autism, it's that all of those characteristics and personality things that were slightly odd to us at the time would be perfectly described as somebody on the autism spectrum. And it was mind blowing because it explained so much about his just behaviors. Nothing negative, nothing outwardly you know, bad about any of it. It was just different. One specific thing was he really hated having his picture taken and did never wanted to sit still, never wanted to look at the camera, never wanted to do a family picture or a kid's picture, none of it. Never never did he like having his picture taken, which was such a weird thing to me, and that you know, may be explained from.
Speaker 1: Well, especially for you, because well, you love to get your picture taken.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: It's one of those reasons why you're an adult theater. Go on, now, we've got naked pictures of you on our Instagram.
Speaker 2: Semi semi right, Where did you lose your virginity? Where is the place? What place to do lose your virgin The state of California?
Speaker 1: Yes, I will say the state of California. Okay, I do remember. Never mind, that's too far.
Speaker 2: What I mean, this is the time you're gonna do it. If you're gonna do it, you might as well. No, no, no, Do you remember what time of day it was? Yes? Do you was that what you were going to say?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: What were you going to say? Do you remember the license plate of the car you were in? There was a cross on the wall.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never told.
Speaker 1: That in my whole life. Like, I don't think I've ever told my girlfriends this story at the time.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Like, I'm probably during bright Red you are. But it's funny that you I remember you were conscious of it.
Speaker 1: The Good Lord quite.
Speaker 2: Literally, Shannon. What was your favorite part of Yellowstone?
Speaker 1: I'm assuming you mean the place? Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, okay, that makes more sense.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's kind of hard to pinpoint it. I would say a place that I.
Speaker 2: Don't remember the name of.
Speaker 1: It was one of the geyser pools, like the Grand Guyserpool, Grand Prism, something of that nature, which with the steam coming up and like the turquoise water, you know, emanating from the Earth's core. It was all quite beautiful. I loved all the open space. I loved the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone as well.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: I loved all of it. I love the moose, and I love the elk, and I love the bison and the buffalo.
Speaker 2: And I like ducks, and I like monkeys, and I like birds. Proving my point.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you were an animal, what animal would you be? This is from Michelle. I can tell by her penmanship if I was an animal, Yeah, what animal would you be?
Speaker 2: No, I would say something that would fly, most often a bird, although there are other things that can fly that are not birds, interesting, like squirrels.
Speaker 1: It's funny you say that because you pooh pooh, you shit on go on my bird news all the time.
Speaker 2: It is ironic, isn't it. We talk about.
Speaker 1: Birds and you get this uncomfortable look on your face.
Speaker 2: And it's because now we know why avian self loathing. You want to be a bird. I do. I'm a bird. If I'm a bird, you're a bird bird? What did you want to be? What animal?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, you got a drill down on this bird. Are you a predator? Are you a songbird?
Speaker 2: Are you an aquatic bird? I would have some majesty to me, So I would say a larger hawk, falcon, something like that. Good strong wingspan, but I can reach some specific speeds. What about a great blue heron? Nah? Too slow, slow, flame and slow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sound like love on the spectrum, right.
Speaker 2: I've had a lot of thought that goes into this slow slow, don't like slow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, okay, I would be god. I never thought about this before. This could be a whole another Podcasteah, it might have to be. I've never really uncovered this box.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, just let's let's put a pin in that and see if you spend some time over there.
Speaker 1: I'd like to spend some time. I don't want to come to a decision right away.
Speaker 2: And again, you and you don't have to pick one.
Speaker 1: I mean there's well it says which animal, doesn't say which animals. It says animal singular, So I need to really figure it out.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to be crippled by the need for one.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the question on the table. So I thought we were following rules. Here here's the thing. I don't know if I'm going to be land to see or air, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't about all three. You couldn't marine.
Speaker 1: I think I gotta. I think I gotta. I gotta box out the marine because I'm afraid of the ocean. I don't think i'd like to live underwater. I don't think it'd be my jam.
Speaker 2: Well, if you if you're a bird, then you can stay on the top of the water, dum thing.
Speaker 1: If I'm a bird, you're a bird.
Speaker 2: Jay Z writes, do you think brock Perty's new contract reflects his performance and achievements? No? I also do you think, wait that he's underpaid now overpaid?
Speaker 1: I also don't think Dak Prescott's contract reflects his achievements as well. There are ridiculous contracts being handed out in the NFL. Yes, they work hard, Yes they deserve a lot of money because they make a lot of money for the brand and for the asses and the seats. But these contracts are asinine. You go back to ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of ass.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, at Dak Prescott alone with the Cowboys. They're projected to be what a seven win team this season? And he makes more than any other quarterback in the league. What what? What Dak Prescott? What has he done? Got you the divisional round a handful of times? I mean, I'm not shitting on Dak Prescott, you are. I think he is a fine athlete. I think he's a great player. But if you're gonna have to show something for that kind of a number, he has not shown it, right, I don't think in terms of banner on the walls, So I don't know. Obviously, I have no opinion.
Speaker 2: You have one more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you two were married, who would wear the pants?
Speaker 2: So to speak? Let me answer this one. Well, you would clearly because they smell funny.
Speaker 1: So you said they didn't smell like they didn't smell at all. Do you want to smell these pants?
Speaker 2: These are? I'm assuming those are probably gonna smell very similar what these are?
Speaker 1: Oh, they've been washed. The other ones hadn't been washed, just straight from China.
Speaker 2: These Take a note, Shannon needs a lint roller, I do, which is not good.
Speaker 1: Jacob left and.
Speaker 2: He did have a lit roll.
Speaker 1: He had a whole like he's like an eagle scout with that backpack. Depends on the flaws and lint rollers and all sorts of knives. He had knives in there. He had like a freaking calander.
Speaker 2: It was a city callander. It was a whole thing.
Speaker 1: The Holy I will just say this, I like to wear the pants when I'm alone. I like to have pants on. I don't know what you're saying, but I also like a relationship where the man wears the pants. Got it as well, So we're both in pants in this hypothetical.
Speaker 2: A lot of pants to go around. I like pants. Last one, James Bond asked, what's the meaning of life?
Speaker 1: What's the meaning of life.
Speaker 2: That will be tackled in the next Weekend Fixed.
Speaker 1: I did this meditation this morning about the Earth root chakra. Yeah, so I feel like I'm pretty dialed in to answer that question.
Speaker 2: If you want to feel free, oh, we'll wait on it.
Speaker 1: I mean, who doesn't want to hear a fifteen minute explanation of that.
Speaker 2: The Weekend Fix airs every weekend. When you subscribe to the Gary and Shannon Show podcast, it will populate automatically. You just wake up on Saturday morning and yawn. There we are. Where you find your podcast. Type in Gary and Shannon. You'll see our picture. You can subscribe to the podcast. You can rate the podcast. You can comment on the podcast. Most importantly, you can share the podcast most of all of your loved ones.
Speaker 1: Most importantly, did you get the grand takeaway from this podcast? It's that I'd like you to put pants.
Speaker 2: On maybe next week.
Speaker 1: Can continue to come to this podcast with no pants, And it's weird.
Speaker 2: It's gotten weird. That's why I wrote that is uncomfortable. That's why I wrote that question. Ah, you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap