Speaker 1: It is snowing like the Dickens here in the Denver Tech Center, but you know where it's not snowing Las Vegas, unless you consider the Consumer Electronics Show to be a weather a vein of its own, because they're pointing right to the future of tech. This is the largest trade show, I think, probably of its kind, maybe in the world.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's been going on for years, and I have to say this, for many, many years I followed the Consumer Electronics Show because I wanted to know about the latest coolest stereo equipment and audio visual equipment and flat screen TVs. But boy, are we in a different world with this now. And joining me now the vp CTAVP of Global Events and Communication, she's Jennifer Drogus with the Consumer Electronics Show. Jennifer, I'm looking online at the coverage of this show and what I'm seeing is you are surrounded by robots right now.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, Mandy, thanks so much for having me on, and it's so great to be.
Speaker 2: Here at the super Bowl of Tech. And you're right, robots are everywhere.
Speaker 3: You can't take two steps without seeing a robotics booth. And it's just been really excellent to see how robotics has been a standout, not just your sci fi robots, not your cute boxing robots that you maybe see on social media, but practical robots that are helping farmers, builders, and manufacturers really work more safely and efficiently.
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to ask because and I asked Jennifer Off the year is like, Okay, what other things do we want to talk about? I kind of want to ask questions about the the unconventional tech first, because we have a ton of farmers and ranchers in our listening audience. We cover a huge metro area. But then we also go way out into the planes. What are some of the interesting tech pieces that are coming to agriculture? Because I know that farmers have to deal with things like labor shortages, how to get their crops in in a timely fashion. What are you guys seeing that we're going to be seeing in the fields at some point soon.
Speaker 2: There is so much tech in agricul culture.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely one of my favorite categories to watch out for.
Speaker 2: And we have the.
Speaker 3: Big ag companies at the show, including John Deere and Caterpillar.
Speaker 2: In fact, the CEO.
Speaker 3: Of Caterpillar, Joe Creed was one of our keynote speakers this year. He was up on the stage talking about the future of agriculture thanks to AI, and he unveiled an AI assistant that is helping operators of machinery do their jobs more efficiently and faster. And we have the giant combines and everything on the floor. It's just really really awesome to see how this technology is going to make agriculture more precise, safer.
Speaker 2: And it's it's going to make our food taste better. It's going to be awesome.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I'm waiting for, and this might be too deep in the weeds for this conversation, is there are challenges with getting ripe fruits and vegetables out of the ground using robotics, and it has to do with their ability to have a soft touch, right. There are human things about that that have to be overcome. Are we seeing that yet? Are we moving that direction yet? For harvesting as well?
Speaker 3: Tech is evolving and it's really exciting to see what where it's going to take us next. And all I can say is that the tech that I'm seeing on the show floor, I think it's it's closer to uh to reality for many of us than we realize.
Speaker 1: So are you guys seeing my new robot made? Is that in the show this year?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I mean, because I'm seeing some robots washing dishes and it warms my heart, It really does, Jennifer, So are you are we seeing that as well?
Speaker 2: It's uh.
Speaker 3: I think we're officially entering the Jetsons phase. We're starting to see robots that can help you get to your makeup on in the morning. I love the ruma that has a little arm that picks up socks while it's while it's vacuuming.
Speaker 2: It's the little things, but they add up to be big game changers.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about an area that I love. I'm super excited about where AI is going for healthcare and longevity in those things. Where are we seeing advances? What sort of advances do you have in that area?
Speaker 3: AI is everywhere, It's in all of the technology. It's not just a hype anymore. It's really a tool. It's it's helping make everything smarter, more intelligent. I'm actually on the table next to me is a transparent knee that has AI built into it, and it helps monitor your movements and the health of your joints. And that's something that plays into the longevity narrative, like tech is going to help us live better lives. It's going to help us when we want to walk with our kids through Disney World and for long days or just or just maintain an understanding of where we are in terms of our health.
Speaker 1: This show, for a very long time, and I'm talking like twenty five thirty years ago, was so much about audio visual equipment and and sort of entertainment. What is there interesting in the entertainment aspect that you guys are seeing this year?
Speaker 3: Entertainment is so immersive and at CEES, one of our main halls is filled with all of this immersive entertainment tech. Again, there's so much AI that's informing how people consume their entertainment, from the sound, from the visual quality. Right when I think it won't get better, it gets leaps and bounds better. So again we continue to see our minds blown with really cool, immersive like you're actually there entertainment.
Speaker 1: So the products that you guys have at the Consumer Electronics Show, when will we the consumer, because this is a trade show, When will we the consumer?
Speaker 2: When should we.
Speaker 1: Expect to see this stuff become widely available, and you know, I don't know how. The first time I ever saw flat screen TV was at the Consumer Electronics Show, and I feel like it took like two years for it to become available at an extremely high price. But when is this stuff coming to market? Is it ready to go or is it already in the market? And this just allows them to showcase it.
Speaker 3: Some of the tech is already in the market, and that's really exciting to see. But like you say, a trade show is really about showcasing the future, and that's exactly what CES does.
Speaker 2: It is a portal to the future.
Speaker 3: So a lot of the tech that you're seeing, yes it's still on the concept phase, but we're innovating so quickly now.
Speaker 2: I think the timelines are getting shorter.
Speaker 1: Has there been anything in this year's show that made you, jennifergo what?
Speaker 2: I can't even begin to acount.
Speaker 3: But my favorite part of the show always is our Eureka Park floor because that's where our startups are and so that's where the problems that you didn't know needed solving are getting solved. And these are the hungry small businesses that are looking for that investor funding and so I see the most creative pitches when I'm down there.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Krogus is with the Consumer Electronics Show. Thank you so much. I do an interview with this quite often because you know, we can't get there, we can't go and hit the floor.
Speaker 2: But I would.
Speaker 1: There are some great, great, great tech journalists that cover this show so well. So if you have any interest, use the Google you know, use the Consumer Electronics Show tech coverage, and it is some of the stuff is crazy. So I kind of I have a little bit of envy for your job, Jennifer, because you get to go and see what's coming and see the next level and it just it's something that uh that always looks like, you know, walking through the future in Jetson's world.
Speaker 3: To your point earlier, well, certainly follow us on on all of your social media. We're constantly updating and you can you can immerse yourself that way.
Speaker 1: All right, Jennifer Krogus from the Consumer Electronics Show. Ope, thank you for your time. I just accidentally hung up on Jennifer, So that was rude of me, that being said, Oh no, she's still there, Jennifer, thank you for your time today.