Speaker 1: Controversial Oklahoma State school superintendent Ryan Walters has found himself on the wrong side of the news again, this time in the implementation of his recent disputable administrative order to start teaching the Bible in all of Oklahoma public school classrooms. Now, Walters is threatening rogue school districts to be accountable for not putting his plans into action. However, he hasn't come out and explained exactly what would happen to these school districts or exactly how he's going to implement these retributions. Now, most legal scholars agree that Walter's changes to the curriculum are unconstitutional, but he remains steadfast in his draconian plans and apparently welcomes the challenges in court, and he seems confident that his God is above the law. This story is from The Oklahoma by m Scott Carter Murray Evans, that's quite the name, and was published on July thirty first four. Now, John, I know you had some problems with the veracity of some of Walter's statements in this articles. Can you fill us in on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's quite a bit of what he says. It's no surprise moszelets do have a problem actually telling the truth, but calling The first thing I had was this struck me was calling school districts rogue is a lie. Under no definition. Is claiming your legal authority under the law rogue. It's actually the opposite. So that's the first one, and it's just obvious because according to their laws in Oklahoma, curriculum is completely under the control of the local school district. It's not under control of the state. So he's out of lock when it comes to that that His accusation that districts are not districts not enforcing the Bible rule are the same ones who sued and won over book bands is also a lie. There was only one of a I think twelve school districts who have said they're not going to do that who was part of that particular lawsuit. It was one of the larger ones, but it still was only one. So saying that they all is kind of a lot. I wish Walters was a bit more lucid in his threats and insults as well, but I guess we can talk about that in a little bit. But you know, he doesn't have a lot of legal paths when it comes to the curricula to determine, you know, what he can do because it's controlled by the local districts. And what legal options does he have to punish the districts that assault his ego by refusing unconstitutional mandates for religious and doctrination thinly decided as US history or as history. And there's more, really that I have to say about this, but I'm going to pass this over to my friend and consummate good erudite speaker, Phoebe rods his back.
Speaker 3: He just can't keep his ass out of his own head. He can't keep his ass out of his head. Not if you can't keep their head out of their ask, but this guy's goes ass in his head because this guy is just talking shit. He stands up and he just talks shit. It is verbal diarrhea every single time he opens his laughing gear. When he opens his laughing gear, he should be putting a pint round it, like every good white middle clage, middle class midlife crisis man does in England. They go down the pub. They sit around with their mates, having come off the building site or come off wherever they were doing their blue collar job, get drunk, talk about things in the pub and then go home and do nothing about it. They don't get elected to run schools. They don't get elected to do this, that, and the other. They talk about it, they complain about it. They complain about the voting system and they don't go and vote. They complain about politicians and they don't do anything about it. They complain about the price of a pint, but they don't go and do anything about it. And guess what, they are harmless. They are absolutely harmless. This guy should take a leaf out of their book and go, I'm wasting my time here. But there you go. I'm just British and that's how we deal with these things. How do they deal with things in Michigan, Kelly, Not.
Speaker 1: The way they're dealing with the inn Oklahoma. You know, when Walters first implemented this program a few weeks back, we did talk about it here on the Nonprofits and back then I mentioned that because school wasn't in session right now, it didn't mean that this wasn't going to be a problem right now. And it affected summer school teachers, and it's affecting the curricula that's submitted by the teachers before the school years starts to show what they're going to be teaching and then the next scholastic here. My ex wife was a teacher, so I know they have to well I'm not sure about Oklahoma, but in the state we lived, and they had to submit their curricula. And the sad thing about this to me is that this will definitely probably stay in effect until the court orders it to end. So I'm kind of really bummed that we haven't advanced past this point by now. I mean, we would think that we know this is not going to make it super.
Speaker 3: Court prize, but you shouldn't be surprised when you've got wrong. Disantis in Florida saying slavery was a good thing because it yes, I get this.
Speaker 1: You do, not that he's saying it, Phoebe. It's that they're actually trying to that they think it's going to get through the courts. That's what surprises me.
Speaker 3: They know this windows to move the ovitren window to and you've got to look, what is that actually going on in Oklahoma. It was scared of Oklahoma changing Woe Oklahoma or something ridiculous like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not a bad idea, now, Phoebe. It's not a bad idea Oklahoma, you know that. But I think this is just a move on his part. Uh, it's a political move, and he's either scratching somebody's back who wants to hear it, who would be instrumental in his next run for office, which I'm sure he's thinking of leveling up to either the governorship or something else, or it's the governor himself who's making him be the fall guy for things that he wants to see appen for his constituents. There is no world where I think that this is an actual attempt at doing this. I think this is politically motivated. It's to get certain people off their couch and into the voting booth because they know that the big thing is that. But I think this is basically politically motivated. I think there's an undercurrent here that we're missing.
Speaker 3: I've got a question for the pair you hear, who remembers Roy Moore?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the judge in Alabama.
Speaker 3: So you both remember him. Does anybody remember why he was infamous before? You know, he tried to become a senator.
Speaker 1: He posted the monument with the Ten Commandments with inside the court, does state the Alabama State Supreme courthouse.
Speaker 3: Inside on the grounds of the Alabama Supreme Court. This is no different that and this are no different. They are both government property, they are both the government imposing religion a specific religion, and they are both being done by sad white men.
Speaker 1: But to be fair, to be fair, that didn't make it through the courts. The monument was removed and judge religion and then.
Speaker 3: Argued later, which shows a contempt for the rule of law and.
Speaker 1: The judge and Muri Mora was kicked off the Alabama Supreme Court for that too.
Speaker 3: Which is incredible the Alabama kick somebody off for being too religious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he did run later for Senate, didn't he actually the pedophile because or at least that was the accuation.
Speaker 1: The Alabama State scotus is actually an elected position. So after he was kicked after bench, he ran for the position and again and was re elected to the Supreme Court. He later ran for senator and didn't make it, So yeah, he was later taking he was actually taken off the bench a second time over gay marriage.
Speaker 3: Man's plunker, man's absolute plonker, and Ryan Waters is a plunker. But they're not idiots. Neither one of them are idiots because we're talking about we're talking about them, they're getting they're covering something else up. So the actual question to ask, yeah, Okay, the mandate is a load of hocme. Religion is not going to infest its way into Woklahoma's schools. It's just not going to do it. And Woaklahoma can breathe a sigh of relief, and you know, all that trash. But the simplest thing to remember here is what is the actual thing that's being ignored here? This is a distraction from just how chronically awful the education standards in Oklahoma. The education standards in Oklahoma are dreadful, genuinely bottom of the barrel dreadful. They rival Mississippi as the worst in educational outcomes in America. And Mississippi has systemic problems and is an incredibly poor state by comparison to Oklahoma. Oklahoma is not a poor state. Oklahoma, if it wanted to, could invest money into his education system. But instead it has people like Ryan Water's running around, my clown being a complete plot. So that's what you've actually got to look at here.
Speaker 1: You know something else I didn't think about when I first saw this story weeks ago, and again when I started reading this article when I drove down to excuse me astin Texas year and a half two years ago, and on the way down, I drove through Oklahoma and I was reading the list of cities that were in this article, and I realized a lot of these places are right on the edge of Indigenous people territory. And the more I thought about this law and the way that he's doing this, it kind of comes off as a suppression of a minority culture. Did anybody think about that?
Speaker 3: So it comes back to previously. We did an article a few weeks back where there it was all about the suppression of religion in Native American Indian Indigenous whatever the terminology that is correct, or I will get shouted at by too many people. But as I said in that episode, the term Indian is used by the US government, it's used by the tribes themselves. So I prefer the term American Indian. So that's my nation for that, and that's what I use. And until somebody gives me an explosion of a reason to do something else, and it comes from those tribes himself, then I'll change my terminology. But it was about religious missionaries and Christian schools expelling students for practicing tribal religions. And this is no different to that level of suppression. It's no different to the Doors Act. It's no different to that where it was like you drink, you drive Studebaker wagons, you wear Western suits, and you drink whiskey, and you'll be civilized. Because that's what this is. At the end of the day. Ryan Walters believes that he has to civilize the Heathen. We talk a lot of heathen around here, and we need to civilize the Heathen. He needs to have an atheist experience and the truth is wanted for him, and the truth is wanting with Ryan Waters. He's not a prophet. He is one of the true nonprofits, so getting around here. He needs, in his own mind educate the heat and he's failing spectacularly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. I would say that he comes up with some ludicrous statements about, you know, not having the Bible is causing the kids to be indoctrinated, and you know, I kind of want to just streame slightly larcream. You know you can't do that. You know, you can't indoctrinate people by not having a book there. You can do the opposite, which has put the book there, and that could be a part of indoctrinating kids. It's an invalid argument by by structure. But anyway, buddy, you got that backwards. The Bible is an instrument of indoctrination to a religion. It's not history. It's not us history specifically. Did it have influence on the people here? Yes? Is it part of the history. No, It'stic history. It's Semitic history. It's a Semitic people. That's their their history, and it's their mythology and they're kind of mixed together so that there's no There are some historical facts in it, just not many. You know, there's very few that actually suss out in the archaeologists and anthropologist's mind. So it's really archaeology. But you know, so so be it. But I'll defer to somebody else on the technical aspects of that. But you know, indoctrinating people by not having a Bible in the classroom, that's rich. That has definitely right.
Speaker 3: What's the number one argument that these right wing politicians always shout at LGBT people when they're covering up crimes from churches. They're covering up their own nonsense. They're covering up everything. It's indoctrination. It's harming children. It's this, that and the other.
Speaker 2: It's well they're doing it right, Well, they're the ones harming the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're harming of the kids. They're the people that are doing this, that and the other. Indoctrination. It's not only around it.
Speaker 1: There was a there was a quote from Walter's in the in the article actually that talking about the left that wants pornography in front of kids under the name of inclusivity, but they don't want the historical context of the Bible. And I was thinking, sure that you know the historical context of two daughters getting their father drunk and raping them, right, And I started thinking about that and I'm not Yeah, I'm even sure that isn't a male version of that story. And it may well have been the other way around when you think about it. But Phoebe today, did I read your notes? Were you troubled by Steins?
Speaker 3: What do you mean by staying here? No, I'm not troubled by the city of Stains upon Thames. There's nothing wrong with that city. Stains upon Thames is an algy special and you know, there's nothing wrong with stains per se. I wouldn't go to stains as a matter of course, But what are you gonna do. Stains is you know, just outside London. It's better than slough. I'll give you that. But anyway, this man, Ryan Waters, is a stain on the side of the education system. He's a stain on the side of you know, good conscience everywhere. And he is a stain on the legal system. He is a stain on the education system of Oklahoma. And the man is a stain on the US political system. And that's saying something, and that's saying something. So he mandating things that he's not even allowed to do under local Oklahoma law. He is mandating things that are constitutionally prohibited. And he says, then it's like, well, further instructions of monitoring and reporting on the implementation for the school year will be immediate, unexpected. Here's what he actually should be saying and hearing. This mandate is unconstitutional. Further instruction and monitoring on this will be ignored as completely illegal. Fixed it for you, mate, Absolutely fixed it for you. We have tried this before in US public schools. We have tried this before in US charter schools. They have tried to force the Bible in there, and the Supreme Court, even this Supreme Court has recently said no, you cannot have religious instruction in schools which have federal funding, or even state funding for that matter. If you're a private institution, you can do what you like. You can go all Tony Soprano and send your children to Bourbon Day Catholic High School if you really want to. You just cannot have the taxpayers of Oklahoma, Michigan, as Puerto Rico, or wherever federal taxes are collected from pay for your Bible in the classroom.
Speaker 2: I agreed. You know, one of the things that private schools even have to be accredited, so you know, they have to teach actual science as well. So you know, it's like, but homeschoolers do not. You know, they're supposed to use a proved curricula in some states, but they what they're actually taught is not monitored. You couldn't monitor it. There's so many people who were doing it. So that's really the threat is homeschooling is I'm going to teach you what I want, and we're going to teach you how to read, but we're going to teach you how to read the Bible, which is in what seventeenth century English? You know, it's like, okay, that's not really a good life lesson, and you're not going to be able to easily navigate your way through decent jobs and that speaking that kind of thing, or only being able to read that kind of thing, because they're going to expect you to be able to spell correctly in American English, which is a bloody mess to begin with. You know. You don't need to confuse people with that, you know. So it's like, you know, I get wrapped around the axle spelling English all the time. And I had a major where I had to write two or three papers a week, you know, so it was like ouch, you know, and I didn't have a spell check back then. It was a dictionary and a Theosaurus.
Speaker 1: John, if you don't mind me cutting you off, If you mentioned earlier about indoctrinating the children, which side in which side do you think is really indoctrinating the children more the walters or the woke people that he's fighting against wo Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: He is, He's really fighting against the paper tiger in a sense, because he's the one who's trying to indoctrinate people. And that's obvious to the most casual observer. It's also obviously the most casual observer that the excuse that its relevant history is bs because I don't know, the Greeks had a lot to do with Western civilization. Are we going to teach Greek in fourth grade or second grade or first grade? Are we going to teach about Zeus and Athena and how she popped out of his head? I mean, mythology is mythology. School should be for learning skill sets that will get you to do better in the society. It's not about your religion. It's not about any of that. And so yes, he's trying to insert his religion into the public schools, and that is a serious problem and it's something that we can't just ignore. You know. Fortunately, almost all of the school districts have said, we have our curriculus nailed down, we're not going to change it. So no, we're not going to teach the Bible, and we're not going to put Bibles in the classroom, and you can, you know, basically go pack sand what good for them? And he's waiting for the court case, but I don't think he's willing to go there. I think again, it's expensive to go to a court case, and he'd have to pay both sides lawyers, and I don't think he's really willing to put the taxpayers to that particular deal. That's all. That's my take on it. And I think it is still just a political stunt, so he's not going to go that far.
Speaker 1: I think, well, to make it fair, they'd have to teach every religion in the class, right, and to make it constitutionally fair. So I think this is going to be dropped. I mean, once, if they're going to keep teaching the Bible, we're going to start teaching the Koran. We're gonna start teaching the Bagaba Gita, right, and when are the kids? When are the kids going to learn math? When are they going to learn history?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: So I think this is going to definitely have to be dropped. And you know, I was thinking, if you want to have a lot of fun, you know this is not fun. But if you want to have a lot of fun, you can join us for our annual back cruise. And if you want more information, you can visit tiny at get more information. At tiny dot c c slash Back Crews for more details.