Speaker 1: Gentlemen, welcome to Sunday Service, Episode eighty. I'm your host, Josh mon Day. If you don't know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoted husband, father, and amy veteran. This is brought to you by Cold Through Conspiracy Podcast. And thank you so much for joining me. I really appreciate you guys, and like I always do, I like to shout out those that commented last week on Sunday Service. Okay, So Sunday Service we had MDMP twenty two. Thank you, Jordan rich Meyer, thank you. That was actually yeah, that was last week on Sunday Service. Okay, Angela Kelly, thank you. V Wills, thank you, and MJ D seventy thank.
Speaker 2: You so much. Really appreciate you. And let me go ahead.
Speaker 1: And my daughter was calling me. I don't know if you guys heard that, but already started the show. So they gotta they gotta fix whatever is going on without me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So MDMP twenty two, thank you for commenting on Wednesday Service last week.
Speaker 2: And Jordan rich Meyer, thank you.
Speaker 1: I don't have an answer for once saved, always saved.
Speaker 2: Speaking for myself.
Speaker 1: Once I discover biblical cosmology, God was undeniable. Amen, thinks naturally when I'm a heart between right and wrong. Yes, for sure, I still make misakes. Yep, definitely, Yep, awesome, all right, I don't want to read all that out, but yep the chains of many vices have fallen since Yes, Amen, v Wills, thank you so much, really appreciate you. Definitely shopping around churches. And it's insane how many preach once saved, always save salvation.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: Who believes in repentance and to continue to turn from sin, I can't get on board.
Speaker 2: With those teachings.
Speaker 1: And Angela Kelly, even the demons believe in tromble. Amen, just believe doesn't mean you are saved. In order to be saved, you have to repent. Truly repent means to turn away from your sins you did in the past. You should not sin on purpose, Amen, to sin over and over again, that would mean that you're never really truly repented. Therefore you were never really truly saved. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And my stance on that is.
Speaker 1: Imagine if you're saved your whole life, and then the mark of the Beast comes and you take the mark of the beast, it says you'll be a race out of the Book of Life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Also, if you ever do blasphemy the Holy Spirit, then you can't be saved. So some people are, you know, they're they're saved, and then they end up going to college. You know, this one gentleman was a pastor for like a long time. He went to college and he got his doctrine or something, and what happened was he he ended up becoming an atheist, so he stopped believing. So he was saved at one time and then he became atheists. Right. So what they with people I believe in that doctrine would say is he wasn't really truly saved. Well, I don't know, you know, it's hard to tell, but yeah, it's very interesting stuff. But you know, I think you guys all had some great comments there. I went through those the other day and kind of read through those, and I see that you guys are commenting back to each other, which is good. You guys should be doing that. And I wish I had a I don't have a Spotify account.
Speaker 2: My wife does.
Speaker 1: My Spotify account is Spotify for podcasters. But I can't go and up. I can't go and comment on stuff on there because it's it was my you know, it was my podcasting instead, so I.
Speaker 2: Could probably try.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll try that and see if I can reply to you guys. But if not, then, you know, my wife has an account. I don't have one, So I don't want to pay for Spotify twice, you know, especially since Spotify wasn't paying me when I was a podcaster. I had to go to a different company. But my voice, guys, is a little strange right now. So I'm going to do my very best to go through these three chapters with you guys and you know, and just try to keep my voice kind of at this level, you know, so I don't raise it up too much so it doesn't get worse. Because I've really literally been sick for like two weeks but kind of feel better.
Speaker 2: But my voice left, you know, left me.
Speaker 1: So it's just something that I deal with from time to time. And what happens is I'll have a problem with my voice and then I still do podcasts, so probably make it worse. But let me just go ahead and read the intro for First Chronicle seventeen. It's going to be First Chronicle seventeen captures a critical moment in Israelite history, when God makes a remarkable promise to King David through the prophet Nathan. It speaks of God's divine covenant, the propriety of David's royal lineage, and David's deep humility and gratitude before God.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Let me just go ahead and shoot down on my teaching points. So I'm ready to go, and let's go ahead and read First Chronicles seventeen God's covenant with David. First verse says, now it came to pass when David was dwelling in his house that David said to Nathan the prophet see now I see now I dwell in a house of cedar. But the ark of the covenant of the Lord or Yahweh, is under the tent curtains.
Speaker 2: Then said Nathan, said to.
Speaker 1: David, do all that is in your heart, for God is with you. And then verse three says, but it happened that night of the Word of God came to Nathan saying, go and tell my servant David. Thus says the Lord Yahweh, you shall not build me a house to dwell in, for I have not dwelt in a house since the time that I brought up Israel even to this day. But I have gone from the tent, from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another, wherever I have moved about the Israel. With all Israel. Have I never spoken a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I command to shepherd my people, saying why have you not built me a house of cedar?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Therefore thus shall you now? Therefore thus shall you say to my servant David, Thus says the Lord.
Speaker 2: Yahweh of Hosts.
Speaker 1: I took you from the sheepfold, from following sheep, to be a ruler over my people Israel. And I have been with you wherever you have gone, and cut off all your enemies before you, and have made you a name like the name of great men.
Speaker 2: Who are on the earth.
Speaker 1: Moreover, I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and I will plant them that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more. Nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore as previously since the time I commanded judges to be over my people Israel. Also, I will subdue your enemies. Furthermore, I tell you that the Lord Yahweh will build you a house, and it shall be when your days are fulfilled, when you must go to be with your fathers, that I will set up your seed after you, who will be of your sons, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build me a house, and I will establish his throne forever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son. And I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him who was before you. And I will establish him in my house and in my kingdom forever, and his throne.
Speaker 2: Shall be established forever.
Speaker 1: All right, So we'll stop right there, and let me just pausive. Sure I highlight that portion, So we'll stop there. So Verse one was talking about David's desire to build a temple. David expresses his desire to build a house for the Lord Yahweh, recognizing his disparity between his own palace and the tent that housed the Ark of the Covenant. Here, I am living in a house of cedar, while the Ark of the Covenant of the Lord Yahweh is under a tent.
Speaker 2: So let's go ahead and check this out.
Speaker 1: So we'll look a little deeper into this David's desire to build the temple. David, the second King of Israel, is renowned for his deep devotion to God and his significant role in establishing Jerusalem as the political and spiritual center of Israel. One of the most profound expressions of his faith was his desire to build the temple for the Lord Yahweh, and a desire that is documented in the books of Second Samuel and First Chronicles biblical contexts. David's aspiration to construct a temple is first mentioned in Second Samuel seven. After securing peace and establishing his establishing his reign, David reflects on the contrast between his own palace of Cedar and the tent that housed the Ark of the Covenant. He expresses a desire to build a permanent dwelling place for the Ark, saying to the prophet Nathan, here I am living in a house of Cedar, while the Ark of God remains in a tenth excuse me, divine response. God's response to David's desire is conveyed through Nathan the prophet. Initially, Nathan encourages David, but that night the word of the Lord came to Nathan, and with a different message. God reminds David of his faithfulness and the fact that he has never dwelt in a house since bringing the Israelites out of Egypt.
Speaker 2: The Lord Yahweh declares, and.
Speaker 1: I have not dwelt in a house from the day I brought the Israelites out of Egypt to this day, but I have been moving from place to place with the tent as my dwelling two Samuel seven, verse six. God further reveals his plans for David, promising to establish David's house and kingdom forever. The covenant, known as the Dividic Covenant, is a pivotal moment in biblic history. God tells, David, your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me. Your throne will be established forever Tewod Samuel seven, verse sixteen. David's reaction upon receiving God's message. David responds with humility and gratitude. So I don't really want to get a spoiler alert, but I'll just go over the significance, and then I want to read this from fifteen on, because this other part's kind of in first Chronicles twenty two.
Speaker 2: I could go over that portion, actually, but a lot of this is going to be like what I'm about to go over. So so I'll.
Speaker 1: Talk about preparations for the temple, and then I'll go over the significance. Although David is not permitted to build the temple himself, he actively prepares for its construction. In First Chronicles twenty two, David gathers materials and instructs his son Solomon, who is chosen by God, to build the temple. David says to Solomon, my son, I had it in my heart to build a house for the name of the Lord Yahweh, my God. First Chronicles twenty two, verse seven. He explains that God has chosen Solomon for this task and encourages him to be strong and courageous. David's preparations include amassing vast quantities of gold, silver, bronze, and iron and other materials. He also organizes the levites and priests, setting the stage for the temple's future services. David's dedication to the temple project underscores his commitment to honoring God and ensuring that worship remains central.
Speaker 2: To the life of Israel. What's the significance of this?
Speaker 1: David's desire to build the temple reflects his heart of God and understanding of the importance of a central place.
Speaker 2: Of worship for the nation of Israel.
Speaker 1: Let me go to the top, make sure I got this ready for the nation of Israel.
Speaker 2: While God will not allow David to.
Speaker 1: Construct the temple, his preparations and the establishment of the Vidic Covenant laid the foundation of the future of Israel and the coming of the Messiah who will fulfill God's promises to David. All right, So that's all interesting stuff. God's response response through Nathan. God speaks to David through the prophet Nathan, redirecting David's.
Speaker 2: Plans and revealing his own divine plan. All right, So we can read a little further into that.
Speaker 1: God's response through Nathan the prophet is a significant event in the Biblical narrative, particularly in the life of King David. This encounter is primarily recorded in Tewod Samuel twelve and serves as a profound example of divine communication, judgment, and mercy. Nathan's role as a prophet was to convey God's messages to the people, and in this instant he was tasked with confronting King David, which is interesting because he's a prophet and he's got to tell King David right, good thing. David had a great heart regarding his sin with Bathsheba and the subsequent murder of her husband Uriah the Hittite. So let's go ahead, and we'll go ahead and keep reading, and then we'll go back to this because he's probably going to be talking about it right here. So first, Chronicles seventeen, verse fifteen says, according to all these words and according to this vision, So Nathan spoke to David. Then King David went in and sat before the Lord Yahweh, and he said, who am i, oh Lord Yahweh God, And what is my house that you have brought me this far? And yet this is a small thing in.
Speaker 2: Your sight, Oh God.
Speaker 1: And you have also spoken of your servant's house for a great while to come, and have regarded me according to the rank of man of high decree, Oh Lord Yahweh God. What more can David say to you for the honor of your servant, for you know your servant, Oh Lord Yahweh, for your servant's sake, and according to your own heart, you have done all this greatness and making known all these great things, Oh Lord Yahweh, There is none like you, Nor is there any god besides you, according to all that we have.
Speaker 2: Heard with your ears with our ears. And who is like you?
Speaker 1: Who is like your people Israel, the one nation on the earth whom God went to redeem for himself as people, to make for himself a name by great and awesome deeds, by driving out nations before your people, whom you redeem from Egypt. For you have had your people, Israel, your very own people, forever, and you, Lord Yahweh, have become their god.
Speaker 2: And now, oh Lord Yahweh, the word.
Speaker 1: Which you have spoken concerning your servant and concerning his house, let it be established forever. And do as you have said, so it will be established, and your name will be magnified forever, saying the Lord of Hosts, God, the God of Israel, is Israel's God. And let the house of your servant David be established before you. For you, oh my God, have revealed to your servant that you have built him a house. Therefore, your servant has found it in his heart to pray before you. And now, Lord Yahweh, your God, and you have alm this goodness to your servant. Now you have been pleased to bless the house of your servant. Then it may continue before you forever, for you have blessed it, oh Lord Yahweh, and it shall be blessed forever. So that's the end of the chapter. We'll go back to this.
Speaker 2: Let me see the.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, let me just I'll go and going and continue going over this real quick.
Speaker 2: Because it's gonna kind of dig a little deeper.
Speaker 1: So the backdrop of God's response through Nathan is King David's grievous sin. David had committed adultery with Bathsheba, attempting to cover up with the resulting a pregnancy by summoning her husband Aryah from the battlefield. When your eye's integrity throw to David's plans, the King orchestrated your eye's death by placing him in the front lines of battle. After your eye's death, David took Bathsheba as his wife. This series of actions displeased the Lord Yahweh, prompting him to send Nathan to David. Nathan's parable. Nathan approached David with the parable, a common method used by prophets to convey divine truths. He told the account of a rich man who despised having many sheep and cattle, took the only lamb of a poor man to prepare a meal for a Travelervid, incensed by justice, declared that the rich man deserved to die and must repay foretold of the lamb. Nathan then revealed the parable's true meaning of the piercing words you are the man Tewod Samuel twelve, verse seven. This declaration exposed David's sin and brought him face to faith, face to face with his wrongdoing, God's judgment and mercy. Through Nathan, God pronounced judgment on David. The sword would never depart from his house, the calamity would arise from within his own family. Furthermore, God declared that David's wives would be given to someone close to him, and this would occur publicly. Despite these severe consequences, Nathan also conveyed God's mercy of its life would be spared, and although the child born in Bathsheba would die, David's repentance led to his forgiveness. Nathan's message highlighted the dual aspect of God's character, his justice in dealing with sin, and his mercy and offering forgiveness David's response. David's response to Nathan's confrontation was one of genuine repentance. He confessed, I have sinned against the Lord Yahweh two Samuel twelve, verse thirteen. This acknowledgment of sin and subsequent repentance are further elaborated in Psalms fifty one, where David pleads for God's mercy, cleansing, and restoration. David's contrition contrition in God's forgiveness underscores the biblical principle that God desires a broken and contraur heart over mere ritualistic offerings. Theological implications. God's response through Nathan carey significant theological implications. It demonstrates the seriousness for which God views sin, particularly among those in leadership. The narrative also states the role of prophets as God's mouthpieces, tasked with delivering messages to both for amost, messages of both judgment and hope. Furthermore, it emphasizes the possibility of restoration and forgiveness through genuine repentance, a theme that resonates throughout scripture, legacy, and lessons. The encounter between Nathan and David has left a lasting legacy and biblical history. It serves as a cautionary tale about the consequences of sin and the importance of accountability. Nathan's courage in confronting a powerful king as a testament the prophetic calling and the necessity of speaking truth.
Speaker 2: To power for believers.
Speaker 1: This narrative is a reminder of God's unwavering justice and as boundless grace, encouraging a life of integrity, repentance, and faithfulness to God's commands. Okay, and then it talks a little bit about the dividic covenant. In verse eleven, God establishes a covenant with David, promising to establish his throne forever. I'll raise up your offspring after you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom.
Speaker 2: All right, So what else do we have?
Speaker 1: We have David's humble response in first Chronicle seventeen, verse sixteen. David responds with humility and gratitude, acknowledging God's greatness and faithfulness.
Speaker 2: Who am I O? Lord?
Speaker 1: Yahweh God? And what is my house? What have you brought me this far? I'll see if there's anything good on this? Okay, Yeah, this is just talking about all about David. We've already gone over this before, So I don't really want to get into that God's sovereignty and grace. That's something that's in First Chronicle seventeen, verse seven. The chapter highlights God's sovereignty in choosing David and his grace and blessing David's lineage. I took from the pastor from following the flock, to be a ruler.
Speaker 2: Over my people Israel. Okay, so it says.
Speaker 1: The sovereignty of God is a fundamental doctrine in Christian theology, affirming that God is the supreme authority and all things are under his control. This concept is rooted in the understanding that God, as the creator and sustainer of the universe, exercises.
Speaker 2: His will overall creation.
Speaker 1: The Bible consistently affirms God's sovereign rule, as seen in passages like Psalms one O three nineteen. The Lord Yahweh has established his throne in heaven and his kingdom rules over all. This first underscores the belief that God's authority is absolute in his dominion is universal. God's sovereignty is also evident in the governance of human history and individual lives. Proverbs sixteen, verse nine states a man's heart plans his course, but the Lord Yahweh determines his steps, highlighting the divine orchestration of human affairs. Similarly, in Daniel four thirty five declares, all the people of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the army of heaven, and the people on the earth he can No one can hold back his hand and say to him, what have you done. These scriptures emphasize that God's purpose cannot be thwarted and his plans are executed according to his perfect wisdom and timing. The sovereignty of God is not limited to his control over physical world, but extends to the spiritual realm as well. In Ephesians one, verse eleven affirms in him we are also chosen as God's own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works everything by the counsel of his will. This passage reflects the belief that God's sovereign will encompasses the salvation of individuals, orchestrating events to fulfill his redemptive purposes. The grace of God. The grace of God is a central theme in Christian theology, representing his unmerited favor and love toward humanity. Grace is the means by which God offers salvation and blessings to sinners, not based on works or merit, but solely on his benevolent character talk about in Ephesians two, verses eight through nine articulates his foundational truth. But it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and it is not of works. It is a gift of God, so that no man can boast. This passage underscores that salvation is a divine gift, freely given and received through faith. In the interplay of God's sovereignty and grace, believers find assurance and hope. Romans eight twenty eight provides comfort and the knowledge that we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to his purpose. This verse encapsulates the harmonious relationship between God's sovereign plan and his gracious provision, assuring believers that their lives are under the care of a loving and sovereign God.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there we go, So that chapter is done.
Speaker 1: Let me just go over a brief description of what we just read and verses one through twenty seven. First Chronicles seventeen one through twenty seven highlights God's covenant with David, where God declines David's off to build a physical temple and instead promises to build an everlasting dynasty a house for him. The pivotal chapter focuses on God's sovereignty, grace, and the promise of a Messianic descendant, prompting David's humble gratitude. Key meanings and themes the Davidic Covenant. God's promise promises David that his descendants will rule, specifically mentioning that his son Solomon will build the temple. This promise extends to an eternal kingdom fulfilled in Jesus Christ, God's house versus David's house. David wanted to build a physical house temple for God. God responded that he would. He would build an eternal house dynasty for David grace and gratitude. David realizes his unworthiness acknowledge his rise from shepherd to king is solely due to God's grace humility in prayer. David's prayer in seventeen Chapter seventeen sixteen through twenty seven is a model of submission, acknowledging God's superiority and praising him for his faithfulness, understanding Messianic prophecy First Chronicle seventeen is frequently cited as a foundation for the promise of the Messiah. From David's line. Tewod Samuel seven is a parallel text theology of worship. It illustrates that God is more concerned with the heart and obedience than a physical building encouragement in prayer. It is used to teach that God's promises should inspire confident, thankful prayer. Synonyms and related themes divid a covenant, eternal dynasty, Messianic line, divine grace, and sovereign promise, temple foundation in God's faithfulness. So David's prayer in this section highlights his awe God's promises. He uses servant ten times to show his humility, praises God for choosing Israel, and asks that God's name be exalted above all else, trusting in God's eternal blessing. All right, it seems like my voice is kind of going out. Give me one second. My little secret is put some money in my mouth. You guys saw that on one of my episodes, Actually quite a lot. I was doing that for like a whole two weeks one time, but all right. No, nothing that a little honey won't fix. Right, all right, So we're done with chapter seventeen. Let's go over some practical applications for chapter seventeen. Trust in God's timing. Like David, we may have good intentions, but we must trust in God's perfect timing and plan for our lives. Number two recognize God's sovereignty. Acknowledge that God is in control and his plans are greater than our own. Number three respond with humility When God blesses us. Respond with humility and gratitude, recognizing his hand in our lives. And number four embrace God's promises. Hold on to the promises of God, knowing that he is faithful to fulfill them. And then some additional scriptures that connect. We have Tewod Samuel seven, the parallel count of God's covenant with David, providing additional insights into God's promises. Then we have Psalms eighty nine, verses three through four, a psalm that reflects on God's covenant with David and his faithfulness to his promises.
Speaker 2: Next, we have Luke.
Speaker 1: One thirty two through thirty three, the fulfillment of the Dividic covenant in Jesus Christ, whose kingdom will have no end right, so he has a kingdom forever. So amen, now let's go ahead and jump to the intro for chapter eighteen. Okay, First Chronicles eighteen is an account of King David's military victories and the consolidation of his power or blessed by God, David displays his might and leadership, acquiring significant wealth and captives, thereby expanding his dominion. The chapter portrays David as an effective and blessed ruler, drawing attention to his administrative strengths, faith, and the favor he enjoyed from God. So jump down on my teaching points real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to keep my.
Speaker 1: Voice a little low, guys, So I got the mic kind of pulled up close to me, so hopefully everything you guys are able to hear me. All right, and everything's okay so far. So that chapter kind of went fast, so we might go seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, and twenty. To be honest, let's go to all right down to teaching points. I just had it and I went right back up. Okay, all right, there we go perfect. So all right, we're going to start at first Chronicles eighteen versus one one. David's further conquest. First Chronicles eighteen, Chapter one says after this it came to pass that David attacked the Philistines, subdued them, and took Gath and its towns from the hand of the Philistines. Then he defeated Moab, and the Moabites became David's servants and brought tribute. And David defeated, defeated as a Dad as a king of Zobar, as far as Hamuth. As he went to establish his power by the River Euphrates, David took from him one thousand chariots, seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand foot soldiers. Also, David hamstrung all the chariot horses, meaning he cut their hamstrings so they couldn't they couldn't keep going, except that he spared enough of them for one hundred chariots. When the Syrians of Damascus came to help Hadadisar, king of Zoba, David killed twenty two thousand of the Syrians. Then David put garrisons in Syria of Damascus, and the Syrians became David servants and brought tribute. So the Lord Yahweh preserved.
Speaker 2: David wherever he went.
Speaker 1: And David took the shields of gold that were on the servants of Hadadazir and brought them to Jerusalem. Also from Tibath and from Chun cities of Addasar Adadasar I don't know how to say his name, a Dadazir. David brought a large amount of bronze with which Solomon made the bronze see the pillars and the articles of bronze now in Tao. King of Hamath heard that David had defeated all the army of Hadadazir, King of Zoba. He sent Hadiam, his son to King David to greet him and bless him because he had fought against Hadadazir and defeated him. For Hadadazir had been at war with taw and had a Ram brought with him all kinds of articles of gold, silver and bronze. King David also dedicated these to the Lord Yahweh, along with the silver and gold that he had brought from all these nations, from Edom, which are the Edomites, from Esau, from Moab, which are the Moabites, from the people of Amen, which are the Ammonites.
Speaker 2: The Moab.
Speaker 1: Moab Ammon came from Lot his two daughters, right from the Philistines, and from Amelek. Moreover, a Beeshai.
Speaker 2: The son of Zerua.
Speaker 1: All right, Zirua killed eighteen thousand Edomites in the Valley of Salt. He also put garrisons in Eaedom, and all the Edomites became David's servants, and the Lord preserved David wherever he went.
Speaker 2: Very interesting, So.
Speaker 1: We'll stop there real quick at verse thirteen, and we'll check out some of my teaching points here David's military success. After this, David defeated the Philistines, subdued them, and took Gath and its villages from the hand of the Philistines. First Chronicles, eighteen, verse one. David's victories over the Philistine, Moabites and other nations demonstrate God's favor and the fulfillment of his promises to Israel. Of course, it wants to jump straight to the top when I'm about to try to click the button one moment, guys, Umm, there we go, So let me click on this. So David, the second King of Israel is renowned for his military prowess and strategic acumen, which played a crucial role in establishing Israel as a dominant power in the ancient Near East. His military success is a testament to his leadership, faith in God and the fulfillment of divine promises, early exploits, and rise to fame. David's military career began with his legendary encounter with Goliath, the Philistine giant, as recorded in First Samuel seventeen, service under King Saul. Following his victory over Goliath, David served as King Saul's army, where he quickly distinguished himself as a capable leader. In First Samuel eighteen, verse five notes, so David marched out and was successful, and everything Saul sent him to do, and Saul put him in charge of the men of war. His success on the battlefield earned him an admiration of the people and the jealousy of Saul, leading to a complex relationship between the two. David as a fugitive leader. During the period when David was fleeing from Saul, he continued to demonstrate his military cuman. He gathered a group of loyal followers and conducted successful raids against Israel's enemies, including the Amalekites. For Samuel thirty. His ability to lead and protect his men during the time further solidified his reputation as a formidable military leader. Consolidation of power. After Saul's death, David was annoyed king over Judah and later overall Israel. As king, David embarked on a series of military campaigns to secure and expand his kingdom. He successfully defeated the Philistines, Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, and the Armines, among others. Two Samuel eight to six states the Lord Yahweh gave David victory wherever he went, highlighting the divine favor that accompanied his military endeavors. The capture of Jerusalem's another one one of David's most significant military achievements was the capture of Jerusalem from the Jebusites, which he then established as the political and spiritual capital of Israel. This strategic move not only unified the tribes of Israel, but also lead the foundation for the future construction of the Temple by his son Solomon. The ark of the Covenant and divine favor, David's military success is often attributed to his deep faith and reliance on God. He sought the Lord Yahwai's guidance before engaging in battle has seen in Tewod Samuel fifteen, verse nineteen, when David inquired of the Lord Yahweh, shall I go against the Philistines? Will you deliver them into my hand? The Lord's response and subsequent victories underscore the divine favor that accompanied David's reign legacy of military successes. David's military achievements established a period of peace and prosperity for Israel, setting the stage for the reign of his son Solomon. His success is frequently reference in the Psalms, where David attributes his victories to God's strength to protection. Psalm's eighteen thirty nine declares, for you have girded me with strength for battle. You have subdued my foes beneath me. David's military success remains a significant aspect of his legacy, illustrating the importance of faith.
Speaker 2: Let me just highlight that so I remember where I'm met.
Speaker 1: His importance of faith, leadership and divine guidance, and achieving victory. His life and reign continue to serve as an example of how God can use individuals to fulfill his purposes and establish his kingdom on earth, and then God's sovereignty The Lord gave David victory wherever he went Verse Chronicles eighteen, verse sixteen, and also thirteen. This repeated phrase emphasizes that David's success was not due to his own strength, but because of God's sovereign and guided him, and then verse eleven talks about David's dedication to God. King David also dedicated these articles to the Lord Yahweh, along with the silber goal that he had taken from all the nations, which was in First Chronicles eighteen, verse eleven. David's dedication of the spoils to God shows his recognition of God's role in his victories and his desires to honor him.
Speaker 2: Let's look a little deeper into that.
Speaker 1: David, the second King of Israel's renowned for his profound dedication to God, which is evident throughout the biblical narrative. His life, as chronicled in the Books of First and Second Samuel, First Kings, and First Chronicles, as well as in the Psalms, reflects a deep and abiding commitment to the Lord, characterized by faith, worship, repentance, and obedience anoided by God. David's dedication to God is first highlighted when he was chosen and anointed by Prophet Samuel. Despite being the youngest son of Jesse, David is selected by God to.
Speaker 2: Be the king over Israel.
Speaker 1: The Lord instructs Samuel, do not consider his appearance of his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord Yahweh does not see as man does, for man sees the outward appearance, but the Lord sees the heart for Samuel eighteen verse seven. Faith encouraged. David's faith in God is vividly demonstrated in his encounter with Goliath.
Speaker 2: As a young.
Speaker 1: Shepherd, David confronts the Philistine giant with unwavering trust in the Lord's deliverance. Of its victory over Goliath is not merely a testament of his bravery, but a profound expression of his reliance on God's power.
Speaker 2: Worship and praise.
Speaker 1: David's dedication is also evident in his role as a worshiper. He is credited with composing many of the psalms, which are rich in expressions of praise, thanksgiving, and admiration to adoration for God. Psalms twenty three, for instance, reflects his deep trust and love for the Lord Yahweh. As a shepherd. David's commitment to worship is further exemplified when he brings the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem, dancing before the Lord with his might, repentance, and humility. Despite his devotion, David's life is not without sin. His transgressions, including the affair with Bathsheba and the subsequent murder of her husband Yariah, are grave marked by genuine repentance. When confronted by the prophet Nathan, David confessed, I have sinned against the Lord Yahweh. His penitence is pointedly captured in Sosals fifty one, where he pleads for mercy and clean heart. Obedience and leadership. David's dedication to God is further demonstrated in his obedience and leadership. He seeks God's guidance in his military campaigns and governance, often inquiring of the Lord before making decisions. For Samuel twenty three, verse two and Tewod Samuel fifteen, verse nineteen. His desire to build a temple for the Lord, although not fulfilled in his lifetime, reflects his commitment to honoring God. The Lord acknowledges David's heart, promising that his throne will be established forever excuse me legacy of faith. David's dedication to God leaves a lasting legacy, influencing the spiritual life of Israel and pointing towards the coming Messiah. Jesus Christ is often referred to as the Son of David. David's life is with triumphs and failures, serves as a powerful example of a heart devoted to God, characterized by faith, worship, repentance, and obedience. Like I said earlier, that's all the teaching points I have for this little portion, So.
Speaker 2: Let me just go ahead and go.
Speaker 1: Over a brief description of what we just read in First Chronicles eighteen verse one through thirteen. First Chronicles eighteen one through thirteen details King David's military campaigns resulting in the sub subjugation of the Philistine Moabites, Syrians, and Edomites.
Speaker 2: These victories secure Israel's.
Speaker 1: Borders from the Euphrates River to Egypt, fulfilling God's promise of a large, stable kingdom. Key themes include divine favor the Lord Yahweh gave David victory, the dedication of war spoils for future temple use, and a transition from conflict to established order. Divine empowerment. The central theme is that David's success was due to God's help. The Lord Yahweh helped David wherever he went expansion and protection. David defeated enemies the Philistines, the Moabites, Hadadazir, Syrians, and brought peace, securing the territory spoils for the temple. The silver and gold from conquered nations were dedicated to the Lord Yahweh to be used later by Solomon to build the temple.
Speaker 2: Administration of Justice.
Speaker 1: Parallel to his military success, David established a just organized government. Examples of synonyms, usage examples. This passage is used to teach on the faithfulness of God in keeping his promises, the necessity of leading with righteousness, and the concept of dedicating wealth to God's purpose. It has often referenced when discussing godly leadership and the importance of relying on God for success in life's battles. Synonyms and themes conquest, triumph, divine victory, expansion, consolidation of power, dedication, establishment of peace, and covenant fulfillment. The text reinforces that David's success was not his own glory, but to establish a stable, godly kingdom that served the Lord Okay, let's go ahead and jump down to verse fourteen. Now David's administration. So first Chronicles eighteen. Verse fourteen says, so David reigned over all Israel and administer judgment and justice to all his people.
Speaker 2: Joe ab the son of Zuria. Zuria was over the army.
Speaker 1: Jehosephat, the son of Hiliud was recorder. Said Duke was the son of ata hub and a Bimelech, the son of Abathar or the priests. Sevasti wait, it's a Shavshah was described. Ben and I, the son of jeh j Hooedah was over the Charathites and the Peleathites. And David's sons were chief ministers at the king's side. Okay, so that's the end of chapter eighteen. Let's look at this, go a little deeper into the leadership in justice. David's reign over all Israel, administering justice and righteousness for all his people. David's leadership was marked by fairness and integrity, setting a standard for godly governance. So leadership and justice are central themes in the Bible, reflecting God's character and his expectations for those who lead his people. The scriptures provide numerous examples and teachings of how leaders are to govern with righteousness, fairness, and integrity. These principles are woven throughout both the Old and New Testaments, offering timeless guidance for leaders in all sphares of life and the Old Testament, leadership is often associated with figures such as kings, judges, and prophets, who are called to lead God's people according to his laws. Justice is a key attribute of God's character and leaders are expected to emulate this with their governance. Some examples is Moses in the Law. Moses is a quintessential leader who is tasked with delivering God's Law to the Israelites. And then next we have David and Solomon. King David, despite his personal failings, is often remembered for his heart for God and his commitment to justice.
Speaker 2: Hold on real quick, guys, I'm get a drink. Oh all right, sorry, all right.
Speaker 1: King David, despite his personal failings, as often remembered for his heart for God and his commitment to justice. Solomon, his son, is renowned for his wisdom, which he famously demonstrated in his judgment between two women claiming to be the mother of a child in One Kings three, sixteen through twenty eight, and then prophetic calls for justice. The prophets frequently called out the leaders of Israel Judah for their failure to uphold justice Macaiah six, verse eight. New Testament teachings. In the New Testament, leadershi and justice continue to be emphasized, particularly in the context of the early Church and the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles.
Speaker 2: Jesus as the model.
Speaker 1: Leader, Jesus Christ is the ultimate example of righteousness and leadership. He demonstrates servant. He demonstrated servant leadership, teaching his disciples that true greatness comes from serving others. Jesus also emphasized justice, mercy, and faithfulness as the weightier matters of the law. Matthew twenty three, twenty three.
Speaker 2: Apostolic guidance.
Speaker 1: The Apostles provided guidance for the church leaders, emphasizing the aphortance of character and integrity. One Timothy three, verses one through seven. Paul outlines qualifications for overseers, highlighting the need for leaders to be above reapproached. The husband of one wife, temperate, self controlled, respectable, hospitable, and able to teach justice in the early Church. The early Church faced challenges in maintaining justice within the community Acts six, verses one through seven, and describes the appointment of deacons to ensure their fair distribution of resources, demonstrating the church commitment to justice and equality. So the biblical perspective on leadership and justice is clear. Leaders are to govern with righteousness, fairness, and a servant's heart reflecting the justice and mercy of God in all their dealings. These principles remain relevant and essential for leaders in every age and context. All right, So we're done with that portion. We're done with Chapter eighteen. Let me go over a brief description of what we read in First Chronicles eighteen Verses fourteen through seventeen. In First Chronicles eighteen, fourteen through seventeen summarizes King David's reign by highlighting his commitment to justice and equality for all Israel alongside his established administrative cabinet. These verses emphasize that David's success, secured by God's victories, was matched by a just organized government, setting a standard for leadership and prefiguring the perfect reign of Christ. Verse fourteen is the highlight, noting that David, unlike many ancient tyrants, did not just possess power, but used it to administrate justice and equality to all his people. Stability and organization Versus fourteen and seventeen lists David's trusted cabinet, Joe, ab Jehosaphat, Saduk, and Benoniah, indicating a stable, organized and secure nation. Blessings blessing of God. This era reflects God's faithfulness and fulfilling promises, providing prosperity and making David's house a lasting dynasty as a model for leaders. As a model for leaders it is used in leadership studies to illustrate that effective leadership requires both competence and compassion, promoting justice and fairness rather than corruption. Synonyms of themes justice, misfat, equity, righteousness, tisdeka, administration, leadership, integrity, student wordship, and prosperity. Contrast with Saul shows the transition to a centralized, united in God fearing kingdom precursor to Christ. David's fair rule serves as a type or shadow of the ideal messianic king. This passage acts as a concluding summary of the prosperity and security David brought to Israel.
Speaker 2: Before his reign. All right, guys, let me just go over.
Speaker 1: Since we're done with chapter eighteen, let me go over some practical applications. Acknowledge God's role and success. Like David, we should recognize that our achievements are gifts from God and give him the glory. Dedicate our resources to God. Number two, Dedicate our resources to God. Consider how you can use your resources, time, talents, and treasures to honor God and further his kingdom.
Speaker 2: Verse three.
Speaker 1: Pursue justice and righteousness and our spheres of influence. Strive to lead with integrity and fairness, reflecting God's character. So if any of you guys are supervisors or leads, or managers or assistant managers, then try to make sure that you strive to lead with integrity and fairness reflecting God's character.
Speaker 2: It'll go a long way.
Speaker 1: You know, your employees will obviously feel like you're fair and you're treating them righteous and with integrity. Trust in God's sovereignty in times of challenge or uncertainty. Remember that God is in control and can bring victory in his perfect timing. Okay, next, we have connections to additional scriptures. We have God's sovereignty which is displayed in Proverbs twenty one, verse thirty one. The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but victory belongs to the Lord Yahweh. Dedication to God.
Speaker 2: Romans twelve, verse one is one of another verse.
Speaker 1: Therefore, I urge your brothers, on account of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is their spiritual service of worship. And then justice and righteousness Macau six, verse eight. He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what does the Lord Yawei require of you? But to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there we go.
Speaker 1: That is Chapter eighteen complete. Oops, I want to go, Let me go back and let me go to nineteen. All right, So let me just go over a quick intro on chapter nineteen. I knew we were gonna fly through these chapters. I could tell when I was looking through them first. Chronicles nineteen recounts a critical moment in King David's reign when a gesture of goodwill is misinterpreted, sparking a war between Israel and a coalition of the Ammonites and Syrians. This chapter is a vivid illustration of leadership, loyalty, faith, and the divine guidance that assures victory against overwhelming odds.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The history setting the chapter occurs midway through David's reign and about nine to ninety BC. First Chronicle retails events to highlight Covenant blessings on the United Kingdom. By this point, David has defeated the Philistines, the Moabites, the Edomites, and is to the east across the Jordan around cities, stretches states stretch from Damascus to the Euphrates. The passage shows that David's shifting from local skirmishes to international conflicts, extending Israel's security zone. Okay, let me go down to my teaching points, all right, and then we're going to go to chapter nineteen on the screen. So nineteen is, yeah, it's another short one. First Chronicles nineteen. We're probably gonna go finish twenty and wherever we're at, we'll probably stop. I need to try to save my voice if I can from future, so do our very best to enough finish.
Speaker 2: He's up. Oh excuse me.
Speaker 1: First Chronicles nineteen, the Ammonites and Syrians defeated verse one. It happened after this that Nahash, the king of the people of Ammon, died, and his son reigned in his place. Then David said, I will show kindness to Hanan, the son of Nahash, because his father showed kindness to me. So David sent messengers to confront him concerning his father. And David's servants came to Hanan in the land of the people of Ammon to confront him. And the princes of the people of Ammen said to Hannan, do you think that David really honors your father because he sent comforters to you. Did his servant not come to you in a search to overthrow and to spy out the land? Therefore Hanan took David's servants, shaved them and cut off their garments in the middle of their buttocks, and sent them away. And then some went and told David about this man, this men, about the about the men, and he sent to meet him because the men were greatly ashamed. And the king said, wait at Jericho until your beards have grown, and then returned. When the people of Ammon saw that they had made themselves repulsive to David, Hanan and the people of Ammon sent a thousand talents of silver to hire for themselves chariots and horsemen from Mesopotamia, from Syrian Macaw, and from Zoba. And they hired for themselves thirty thousand chariots, and the king of Macaw and his people who came and en camped before mediate Badiba. Also the people of Amen gathered together from the cities and came to battle.
Speaker 2: And verse eight. Now in date I, David heard of it.
Speaker 1: He sent joe Ab and all the army of the mighty men. Then the people of Amen came out and put themselves in battle array before the gate of the city, and the kings who had come were by themselves in the field. When Joab saw that the battle line was against them before and behind, he chose some of Israel's best and put them in battle array against Assyrians. And the rest of the people he put under the command of Abashaw, his brother, and they set themselves in battle array against the people of Amen. And then he said, if the Syrians were too strong for me, then you shall help me. But if the people of Amen are too strong for you, then I will help you. But be of good courage, and let us be strong for our people and the cities of our God, and made the Lord Yahweh do what is good in his sight. Sooab and the people who were with him drew near for the battle against Assyrians, and they fled before him were in verse fifteen. Now, when the people of Amen saw that the Syrians were fleeing, they also fled before Abishaw his brother and enter the city. So Joab went to Jerusalem verse sixteen. Now, when the Syrians saw that they had been defeated by Israel, they sent messengers and brought the Syrians who were beyond the river, and Shobahawk shop Hawk, the commander of Hadadazir's army, went before them. When it was told David, he gathered all Israel crossed over the Jordan and came upon them and set up the battle array against them. So when David had set up in battle array against the Syrians, they.
Speaker 2: Fought with him.
Speaker 1: Then the Syrians fled before Israel, and David killed seven thousand charioteers and forty thousand foot soldiers of the Syrians, and killed Shoppak, the commander of the army.
Speaker 2: And when the servants had.
Speaker 1: A Zeir saw that they were defeated by Israel. They made peace with David and became his servants, so the Syrians were not willing to help the people of Emmen anymore. That's the end of chapter nineteen. Now I'm just trying to read all the way through because there's no separate paragraphs there. This thing just goes straight through, so I just kind of read it straight through. Let's look at some of my teaching points on this chapter. First, Chronicles nineteen, verse three. David's intention to show kindness to Hanan has met with suspicion, leading to a disastrous outcome. But the princes of the Ammonites said to Hannan, do you think David is honoring your father by sending you comforters? Have his servants not come to explore and overthrow and spy out the land. Let's look into misunderstanding and mistrust. Misunderstanding and mistrust are themes that appear throughout the Bible, often leading the conflict, division and a departure from God's intended harmony among his people. These themes are explored in various narratives and teachings, illustrating the human propensity to misinterpret intentions and the resulting breakdown and relationships in the Old Testament. Old Testament instances. In the Old Testament, misunderstanding is evident in the account of the Tower of Babbel Genesis eleven, verses one through nine. Here, humanity is ambitionable the tower reach in the heavens is thwarted by God, who confuses their language, leading to a widespread misunderstanding and scattering. This event underscores the consequences of human pride and resulting in mistrust among people who can no longer communicate effectively. Another significant instance is found in the account of Joseph and his brothers Genesis thirty seven. Joseph dreams. Joseph dreams and his father's favoritism lead to jealousy and mistrust among his brothers, culminating in their decision to sell him into slavery. This narrative highlights how misunderstanding and mistrust can arise from envy and familiar discord a familial discord, yet it also sets the stage for eventual reconciliation and divine providence. In the New Testament, misunderstanding his frequent is frequently addressed by Jesus in his interactions with the Philistines and his own disciples, the Pharisees of the misinterpret Jesus's teachings and actions, leading to mistrust.
Speaker 2: Act and opposition.
Speaker 1: For example, in Matthew twelve, verse twenty four, the pharisee accuses Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Belzebub, demonstrating their misunderstanding of his divine authority and mission. The disciples themselves often struggle with misunderstanding Jesus's teachings. In Mark eighth, fourteen through twenty one, Jesus warns them about the yeast of the Pharisees inherd, but they mistakenly think he is speaking about bread. Jesus rebukes them for the lack of understanding, emphasizing the importance of spiritual discernment apostolic guidance. The apostle Paul addresses misunderstanding and mistrust within the early Church and his Epistles and one Corinthians one, verses ten through thirteen. Paul appeals for unity among believers, urging them to avoid divisions and misunderstandings that lead to mistrusts. He emphasizes the importance of being united in mind and thought, reflecting the unity found in Christ. Then we have In Ephesians four thirty one through thirty two, Paul advises believers to get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, outcry and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and tenderhearted to one another, forgiving each other just as Christ forgave you. This passage highlights the need for forgiveness and understanding to overcome mistrust and restore relationships. What is the theological implications? Misunderstanding and mistrusts are often rooted in the fallen nature of humanity, which distorts perception and breed suspicion. The Bible calls believers to seek wisdom and understanding through the Holy Spirit, who guides them into all truth. By cultivating a spirit of discernment and love, Christians are encouraged to overcome misunderstandings and mistrusts, fostering unity and peace within the.
Speaker 2: Body of Christ.
Speaker 1: And then practic application, believers are called to actively pursue reconciliation and understanding in their relationships. James one nineteen advises everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger, promoting a poster of humility and patience. By prioritizing communication and empathy, Christians can mitigate misunderstandings and build trust, reflecting the love and unity.
Speaker 2: That God desires for his people.
Speaker 1: Right and then, in a first Chronicles nineteen four, Pride and humiliation, Hanun's decision to humiliate David's envoyd reflects pride and insecurity, which often lead to conflict. So Hanan took David's servants, shaved them, cut off their garments at the buttocks, and sent them away. So we'll look a little deeper into that pride in humilitation. Pride in the Biblical contact is often depicted as excessive self esteem or inflated sense of one's own worth, abilities, or accomplishments. It is considered a sin that leads individuals away from God, fostering a spirit of self reliance and arrogance. The Bible frequently The Bible frequently warns against pride, highlighting its destructive nature in the way it distances itself distance individuals from divine grace. In the Old Testament, pride is often associated with rebellion against God. Proverbs sixteen, verse eighteen states pride goes before destruction and haughty before a spirit, haughty spirit before a fall. This verse underscores the inevitable downfall that follows pride, suggesting that blinds, suggesting that it blinds individuals. Dang, I feel like I got Yeah, I think I'm getting bit by a mosquito.
Speaker 2: Ah hate that. Okay, hold on quick.
Speaker 1: When pride comes before disgrace, it says, pride. When pride comes, disgrace follows. But humility comes wisdom. But with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs eleven, verse two. Okay, So humiliations another thing we'll talk about. Humiliation in the Biblical sense often refers to the process of being humbled or brought low, either by circumstances or by divine intervention. It is seen as a necessary step towards repentance and spiritual growth, leading individuals to recognize their dependence on God. The Bible presents humiliation as a correct a measure that can lead to restoration and blessing. Second Chronicle seven, verse fourteen. God promises, and my people who are called by my name, humble themselves and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways. Then I will hear from heaven forgive their sin and heal their land. This verse suggests that humility and repentance are prerequisites for divine forgiving and healing the life of Jesus exemplifies the ultimate act of humility, and Philippians two, verses six through eight describes how Jesus, being in very nature, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness, and being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself to become obedient to death, even death on a cross. This passage highlights the profound humility of Christ, who willingly subjected himself to humiliation for the sake of humanity's redemption. Humiliation is also portrayed as a path to exaltation. In Matthew twenty three, verse twelve, Jesus teaches for whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted. This principle underscores the divine reversal of fortunes, where those who humble themselves before God are ultimately lifted up. In summary, the Bible presents pride as dangerous sin that leads to downfall and separation from God, while humiliation is seen as a transformative process that fosters humility, repentance, and spiritual growth through the sins. Through the lens of scripture, believers are encouraged to embrace humility and recognize their dependence on God's grace. And then the number three teaching point is escalation to war. The Amonite's action provoke a military response from Israel, illustrating how unchecked pride and poor counsel can lead to unnecessary conflict. Sounds familiar, right, sounds like the war that we're in right now with Iran. The concept of escalation of war and the Bible is a significant theme that reflects the human propensity for conflict than the divine perspective on warfare. Throughout the scripture's war is often depicted as a consequence of sin, pride, and disobedience to God. The Bible provides numerous examples of how conflicts escalate into full scale wars, offering insights into spiritual and moral dimensions of warfare. This might be interesting to get into because of the war we're in right now that United States is in some of the examples Cain and Able. The first recorded act of violence in the Bible is the murder of Able by his brother Cain Genesis four, verse eight. This act of personal violence foreshadows the larger conflict that arise from human sinfulness and jealousy. The Battle of the Kings in Genesis fourteen, the first recorded war, involves a coalition of kings. The conflict illustrate it's how elite alliances and power struggles can lead to war. Abrams and involvement to rescue a lot demonstrates the role of righteousness intervention in the midst of conflict. If you guys haven't looked up the Five King Four King war, you guys should check it out in Genesis fourteen. Very interesting because the five kings that are in that war are actually the five cities that get destroyed when Sodom and Gomora get destroyed.
Speaker 2: So the five cities.
Speaker 1: I mentioned it before, I think a couple episodes ago, that the five cities that went against the four cities. The five cities are all the five cities that got destroyed with Sodom and Gomorrah. Sodom, Gomorrah and.
Speaker 2: Three other cities. They all got destroyed.
Speaker 1: And it's kind of interesting because they're in the valley of Rapayim and there's all these Amorites and Zamim and all these different giants fighting Sodom, Gomorrah and these other three kings go and try to help the giants to go against these four kings.
Speaker 2: So I thought that was very interesting.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting if you guys want to read it at Genesis fourteen, okay, and they just know that the five kings, those five cities that are mentioned are all the ones that got destroyed with Sodom and Gomora, telling you, guys, something more was going on in Sodom Magamora than just homosexuality.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, So.
Speaker 1: The number three one on here is Israel's conquest of Canaan. The Book of Joshua details the Israelites conquest of Canaan, a divinely sanctioned war to claim the Promised land. This escalation to war is portrayed as a fulfillment of God's promise, yet it also serves as a warning against the dangers of disobedience and idolatry Joshua one, verse twelve.
Speaker 2: Then we have David and Goliath.
Speaker 1: The account of David and Goliath highlights the escalation of conflict between the Israelites and the Philistines. David's faith in God contrasts the fear and intimidation tactics of the Philistines, demonstrating that spiritual conviction can influence the course of war. New Testament perspective jesus teaching is on peace and the New Testament Jesus emphasizes peace and reconciliation. In the Sermon of the Mount, he teaches, blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God Matthew five, verse nine. This teaching underscores the Christian called to seek peace rather than escalate conflicts. Spiritual war is talked about in Ephesian six, verse twelve. The apostle Paul speaks of a different kind of warfare in Ephesians six, verse twelve, stating, for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of the world darkness, and against the spiritual forces of heaven are sorry, the spiritual forces of evil and heaven the places. This passage highlights the spiritual conflict and the believer's call to engage in spiritual warfare through prayer and righteousness, moral and ethodic ethnic ethical, sorry, not ethnic, but ethical considerations. The Bible presents war as a complex issue with moral and ethical implications. While some wars are depicted as divinely ordained, others result from human sin and ambition. Sound familiar, Yeah, the war we're in right now is all about human sin and ambition, all right. The escalation to war often involves a failure to adhere to God's commandments and reliance on human strength rather than divine guidance. That's also sounds familiar because we're going into war without even praying to God and asking God, is this a war that you want us to be in? Would you like us to attack? Give us an answer first? No, We're just going attack, and Israel's doing the same thing. Israel's like, well, we think they're going to attack us, so let's attack.
Speaker 2: And then what do we see now?
Speaker 1: We see a giant war happening where Russia, China, North Korea and Iran are all like, let's go, and America and Israel are stuck now because nobody wants to back us up because we attacked first. It's like that person that goes to a party back in the day when I used to be in high school, and they're going to a party looking for a fight, Like I'm going to go to this party just to fight somebody. They always get their butts kicked. So I think that we should pray for Iran, pray for Israel, pray for America, because no soldiers deserve to die, and they're soldiers that already died already, and we're talking.
Speaker 2: About putting boots on the ground.
Speaker 1: So I'm reading this whole part right here because we're looking at.
Speaker 2: The biblical aspect of this.
Speaker 1: You know, the escalation to war often involves a failure to adhere to God's commandments and a reliance on human string rather than divine guidance, divine sovereignty, and human responsibility. Throughout the scriptures, God's sovereignty is evident in the rise in the fall of nations and the outcomes of war, yet human responsibility is also emphasized as individuals and nations are called to seek justice, righteousness, and peace. The Bible warns against the pride and arrogance that often lead to war, urging believers to trust in God's ultimate plan and purpose. Conclusion, the Bible's portrayal of escalation the war serves as a reminder of the fallen nature of humanity and the need for divine intervention. It calls believers to pursue peace, rely on God's strength, and engage in spiritual warfare against the forces of evil. All right, that's our new Testament call excuse me. Next teaching point is divine support for Israel despite the conflict. God supports Israel, demonstrating his faithfulness to his people, and the Lord Yahweh gave victory to David wherever he went first Chronicles eighteen, verse six. Now there's divine support for Israel back then when they were the Israelites, but there's not a divine support for Israel the modern day Israel.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: People might say I'm crazy, but let me just read one verse for you and this will tell you. This will kind of sum it up for you, okay. And this is not geared towards towards the Jews that are converted to Christianity. This is geared towards the Jews that have not converted. Okay, So we got to understand this verse.
Speaker 2: I know it's in verse John, Nope, I think it's first John. Two.
Speaker 1: Nope, first John. Let me find it real quick. Sorry, I want to make sure get it right. If you don't know the father, if you deny the son, then you're denying the father verse John two, verse twenty three. I knew it was in the second first John two. Let's go ahead and check that out real quick. I think I said it on the last podcast, but we got to understand it says, I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Okay, if you say that Jesus is not the Messiah, you're a liar. He is anti Christ. Who denies the Father and the son. Whoever denies the son does not have the father either. He who acknowledges the son has the Father. Also, So this war that's happening with Israel, they're denying Jesus. Even net Yahoo was on stage denying Jesus. Okay, So if the country denies Jesus, if you don't have the son, you do not have the Father.
Speaker 2: Meaning if they.
Speaker 1: Don't believe Jesus is the Christ or the Messiah, or Jesus is God, or Jesus is if they just think that he's someone that just died on a cross, then that means they do not have the Father. So for those that want to say that there's divine support for Israel right now, I don't know how how are you going to have divine support if you're not believing in Jesus. I don't think you have divine support. I think that you have the devil's support. See the devil's the one that's going to be coming into that war. And then having Christians believe that God has divine support for Israel right now for this war and sending money off to Israel, sending money for this war, sending their sons and daughters to die over there, thinking it's the divine appointment, but it's actually not. We got to understand that it's not divine appointment at all.
Speaker 2: So we went ahead and finished that chapter Chapter nineteen.
Speaker 1: Let me go over some practical applications and guys, I don't mean to get off on a tangent, but we need to understand what's going on in current times as well as.
Speaker 2: Well in the Bible in First Chronicles nineteen.
Speaker 1: So practical applications seek clarity and communication. Misunderstandings can lead to conflict, strive for clear and honest communication in all relationships. Amen, guard against pride. Pride can lead to poor decisions in conflict. Cultivate humility and seek wise counsel. And then number three, trust in God's sovereignty in conflicts. Remember that God is in control and can bring about his purpose even through difficult situations. Next, respond with grace. When face with hostility, respond with grace, and seek peaceful resolution whenever possible. Okay, and let's look at some additional scriptures that connect. We have Proverbs sixteen, verse eighteen Pride goes before destruction and a hotty spirit before a fall. Next one is Matthew five nine. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. And then number three is Romans twelve, verse eighteen. If it is possible on your part, live at peace with everyone. Amen, That's exactly what we need to do. Live at peace with everyone. If someone is a Muslim that lives on your block, live at peace with them. If someone is a Buddhist on your block, live at peace with them. If someone's an atheist on your block or on the internet, or wherever you meet them, try to be peaceful with everybody you can be peaceful with, all right?
Speaker 2: That verse even said it.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's go ahead and read the introduction to chapter twenty, and we're only going to do chapter twenty, and that's all.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm gonna do. Well, it's not like all we did tonight.
Speaker 1: Actually we covered seventeen eighteen nineteen, an how we're about to jump to twenty and twenty is actually a short little chapter.
Speaker 2: But it's all good. Let's go ahead and let me see. Did I okay?
Speaker 1: I don't think I did a detailed report of what we just read in verses one through nineteen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do that real quick before we jump to twenty.
Speaker 1: First Chronicles nineteen, Verses one through nineteen details David's attempt to show kindness to the Ammonites, which is melt with humiliation and war. The chapter illustrates the consequences of rejecting kindness, the necessity of standing against evil, and ultimate victory through trusting in God over human power, resulting in Syria bowing to Israel, misunderstanding kindness, and arrogance. David send messengers to honor the new king Hanknown, but Hanun's commanders wrongly suspect them to being spies, resulting in the amiliating treatment of David's envoe shaved and stripped, demonstrating how fear and bad counsel breed conflict the price of provocation. The humiliation caused unnecessary war. The Ammonites, realizing their error, higher foreign mercenary Syrians for help, courage and trust in God. Joe ab demonstrate great faith and strategic wisdom, commanding the troops to be brave and fight for God's purposes, trusting him for the outcome. Victorious leadership, Israel prevails against both the Ammonites and the Syrians. The Syrians defeated, The Syrians defeated choose peace and submit to David's rule, illustrating a shift in power according to God's promise our purpose theological importance. The chapter shows that a man after God's own heart, David, can still experience conflict caused by others, but walking in obedience leads to victory, and that God uses these events to strengthen his kingdom. Okay, all right, that's enough for that one. Jump down to chapter twenty Okay, chapter twenties introduction is going to be right. Where's it there?
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: First Chronicles twenty offers a detailed look at the triumphs and challenges faced by David and his warriors, from the strategic capter of Raba to the victorious battles against the Philistine giants. The chapter illustrates the biblical themes of divine intervention, leadership, and bravery. I'm just going to jump down to my teaching points.
Speaker 2: What do we have. We've got a couple here on two three.
Speaker 1: Four, All right, cool, all right, First Chronicles twenty, Rabba is Conquered.
Speaker 2: Let me take a drink.
Speaker 1: Try to knock out this last chapter, Raba is Conquered. It happened in the spring of the year, at the time of kings, at the time kings go to Then Joab let out the armed forces and ravaged the country of the people of Amen and came and besieges Rabah. But David stayed at Jerusalem, and Joab defeated Rabah and overthrew it. Then David took the king's crown from his head and found it to weigh a talent of gold, and there were precious stones in it, and it was set on David's head. Also, he brought out the spoil of the city in great abundance, and he brought out the people who were in it and put them to work with saws and iron picks with axes. So David did to all the cities of the people of Amen. Then David and all the people returned to Jerusalem. So, okay, so divine victory. The chapter begins with Joeab leading the army to capture Rabah, the Amonite city, while David remains in Jerusalem. This victory underscores the theme that God grants success to his people. Joe Ab attacked Rabah and demolished it, So divine victory refers to the triumph of God over his enemies and the deliverance of his people, as depicted throughout the Bible. This concept is central to the Biblical narrative, illustrating God's sovereignty, power, and faithfulness. Divine victory is not only a historical reality, but also a spiritual truth that resonates with believers offering hope and assurance of God's ultimate triumph over evil.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we know what that is. I just want to go into that.
Speaker 1: And then in verse two shows David's leadership despite his absence from the Biblical battlefield, sorry, biblical battlefield.
Speaker 2: Am I wrapping here?
Speaker 1: Despite his absence from the battlefield, David's leadership is crucial. He comes to Raba to take the crown from the Ammonite king, symbolizing the completion of victory. All right, let's look a little deeper into David's leadership. David, the second King of Israel is one of the most prominent figures in the Bible, renowned for his leadership qualities, military proudness, and deep faith in God. His life and reign are chronicle primarily in the books of First and Second Samuel First Kings. In First Chronicles, David's leadership is characterized by his reliance on God, his ability to unify the tribes of Israel, and his establishment of Israel as a political and spiritual center of the nation. And I don't really want to get too crazy, because I think we we've already read this whole thing before, and.
Speaker 2: I don't want to to it again.
Speaker 1: All right, So let me go over a brief description of what we just read in verses one through three, First Chronicles, twenty Verse one through three details the successful conclusion of the Ammonite War, where Joe abb besies Raba while David remained in Jerusalem. David later takes the Ammonite king's crown, symbolizing complete victory and the submission of the enemy. This passage emphasizes God given victory over divine authority. Sorry, this passage emphasizes God given victory, divine authority, and the restoration of David's reign, focusing on military success rather than David's personal failures. Victorious leadership and authority. David takes the crown of the Ammonite king, weighing a talent of gold, and places it on his own head, signifying the full transfer of power and authority over the conquered city. The role of the king in battle. Although David initially stayed in Jerusalem, contrary to the typical role as a king leading his troops, he ultimately joins the battle to finish the victory, highlighting that while leaders may rely on others, they must take responsibility for key accomplishments, God's grace and omission of failure. Unlike Second Samuel eleven, verse twelve, this passage omits David sin with Bathsheba, focusing instead on his restoration and continued success, highlighting a theme of God's forgiveness and the covering of sin pleading this assignment. The text shows the completion of the war against Ammonites that was begun in chapter nineteen, emphasizing perseverance and finishing tasks conquests of Rabah. The primary action of the passage submission to Ammonites become servants David's triumph, the overarching result spoiling the city, taking the crown in much booty, which is like treasures and stuff like that. Spoiling the city, taking the crown. Oh already said that, passing the torch leadership, David finishing the battle that Joe Apps started, and subjutigation bringing the enemy under control. This passage acts as a testament to David's restored military strength and God's continued blessing, often used to illustrate that God can bring success throughout through us despite past mistakes. Okay, so now let's go ahead and check out verses four through eight. Here Philistine giants destroy. Now it happened afterward that war broke out at Gazir with the Philistines, at which time Sabichai the Hushathite killed Sapai, who was one of the sons of the Giant, and they were subdued.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: There was war with the Philistines, and ellen Nan, the son of JayR, killed Lemai, the brother of Goliath, the Gettite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver's beam. Yet again this verse six. Yet again there was a war at Gath. There was a man of great stature, with twenty four fingers and toes, six on each hand and six on each foot. And we also was born to the giant. So when he defiled Israel, Jonathan, the son of Shemiah, David's brother, killed him.
Speaker 2: These were born.
Speaker 1: These were born to the Giant in Gath, and they fell at the hand of David, by the hands of his servants. Very interesting there. Okay, so giants defeated. The chapter recounts to the defeat of the Philistine j Scients by David's men, highlighting the courage and faith required to face formidable foes. These were descendants of the giants in Gath, but they fell by the hand of David and his servants.
Speaker 2: On the chapter. Okay, you know what, I'm sorry, I was about to reread that. Let's go ahead and check into this.
Speaker 1: The theme of giants being defeated as a reoccurring motif in the Biblical narrative, symbolizing the triumph of God's people over seemingly insurmountable obstacles through faith and divine intervention. Giants in the Bible are often depicted as formidable adversaries, both physically and spiritually, representing challenges that require reliance on God's strength and guidance. Where does this come from, Well, it comes from Genesis sixty four.
Speaker 2: The mention of giants and the Bible.
Speaker 1: Occurs in Genesis sixty four, where the Nephelim are described as mighty men who are of old, men of renown. These beings are associated with the period leading up to the Great Flood, a time characterized by widespread wickedness. The flood is an act of divine judgment, eradicating the Nephelim along with the rest of the corrupt world, demonstrating God's power to cleanse and renew creation. The Anachem in the Conquests of Canaan, the Anachem were a race of giants inhabiting the land of Canaan, as described in Numbers thirteen, verse thirty three. We seem like grasshoppers in our own site must have seen the same to them. Despite the fear they inspired, God promised the Israelites victory over these giants. In Deuteronomy nine, verses two through three, Moses reminds the Israelites of God's assurance. The people are strong and tall, the descendants of the Anakim. You know about them and have heard it said, who can stand up to the sons of a knock? But understand that today the Lord Yahweh or God goes across ahead of you as a consuming fire. He will destroy them and subdue them before you. Joshua, under God's command, led the Israelites to conquer the land, defeating the Anakeem and other giants tribes. Joshua eleven twenty two records at the time Joshua went and destroyed the Anachem from the hill country of Hebron, the Beer and Nab and from the hill of country of Judah in Israel. Joshua devoted them to destruction along with their cities. Of course, another one is David and Goliath.
Speaker 2: We've already gone over that already.
Speaker 1: David's victory over Goliath with a sling and the stones is a powerful testament to the belief that faith in God can overcome any obstacle, no matter how daunting. Then the Descendants of Rapha. The Bible also records the defeat over giants Descendants of Rapha by David and his men and Tewod Samuel twenty one, verse fifteen through twenty two. Several battles are recounted where David's warriors defeated giants, including Ishpai binab Sath, and a giant with six fingers and six toes on each hand. These victories hand and foot right. These victories further illustrate the theme of divine empowerment and the courage of God's people in the face of overwhelming odds. It's also recorded in First Chronicles twenty verses four through eight, which we just went over. Okay, that's a Those two verses are fifteen through twenty two, and four through eight are talking about the same stories. Symbolic interpretations beyond the literal accounts giants in the Bible can also be seen as symbolic of the spiritual and moral challenges believers face. Beyond the little accounts giants in the Bible, Okay, the defeat of giants serves as an allegory for overcoming sin, temptation, and the forces of evil through faith and reliance on God's strength.
Speaker 2: In summary, the Biblical account.
Speaker 1: The Biblical account of giants being defeated underscores the power of faith in the assurance of God's presence and this sin in overcoming the formidable challenges that believers a counter.
Speaker 2: On their spiritual journey.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all good stuff, So now let's go ahead and check out. Another one is the victories over the Ammonites and Philistines illustrate God's control over nations and his ability to deliver his people from their enemies. God's sovereignty refers to a supreme power and authority over all creation. It encompasses his ability to govern the universe and execute his will without any external influence or hindrance. This concept is foundational in understanding God's nature and his relationship with the world. Okay, so the Bible consistently refirms The Bible consistently affirms God's sovereignty. In Isaiah forty six nine through ten, God declares, I am God, and there is no other, And I am God and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from the ancient times, what is still to come? I say, my purpose will stand, and my good pleasure will accomplish. This passage excuse me highlights God's unique ability to declare and accomplish his purpose, attributes his sovereignty. So you guys know omnipotence. God's sovereignty is closely linked to his omnipotence, meaning he possesses unlimited power. Jeremiah thirty two, verse seventeen proclaims, Ah, Lord God, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too difficult for you. Omniscience. God's sovereignty is also tied to his omniscience, his all knowing nature. Psalms one forty seven, verse five states great is our Lord Yahweh and mighty in power. His misunderstanding has his misunderstanding. His understanding has no limits. See you, guys, I'm the misunderstanding, what not him? His understanding has no limit. Providence. God's sovereignty is evident in his providential care for creator Matthew ten twenty nine through thirty one illustrates this are not two sparrows sold for a penny, and yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of my father, of your father, and even the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So do not be afraid you are worth more than many sparrows.
Speaker 2: That's to us.
Speaker 1: Please, guys, understand that human responsibility and free will by God as sovereign. The Bible also teaches human responsibility and free will. This is a complex interplay where God's sovereign will and human choices coexists. Proverbs nineteen nine sixteen nine reflects this balance. A man's heart plans his course, but the Lord Yahweh determines his steps. Sovereignty and salvation. God's sovereignty is particularly emphasized in the context of salvation. Romans nine fifteen through sixteen states, for he says to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compacts on whom I have compassion. So then it does not depend on man's desire effort, but on God's mercy. This Pastorge highlights God's sovereign choice in granting mercy and salvation sovereignty in history. Throughout history, God's sovereignty is evident in his control over nations and events. Daniel two twenty one declares he changes the times and seasons, He removes kings and establishes them.
Speaker 2: He gives wisdom to.
Speaker 1: The wise and knowledge to the discerning, and then worship and trust. Recognizing God's sovereignty leads to worship and trust. Psalm's one O three nineteen affirms the Lord has established his throne in the heaven and the Kingdom rules over all. Believers are called to trust in God's sovereign rule, knowing that He works all things for good. That's Romans eight twenty eight conclusion. God's sovereignty is a central theme in the scripture. In scripture, affirming his ultimate authority and control over all things. It provides believers with assurance and hope, knowing that God's purposes will ultimately prevent Let me go over a brief description of what we just read in verses four through eight. First Chronicles twenty Verses four through eight documents David's soldiers defeating Philistine giants, descending of descendants of Rapha and subsequent battles, highlighting that God ensures victory over persistent enemies through his people. It symbolizes overcoming formidable obstacles through faith, showing that God's power continues through generations and unsung servants, persistent faithfulness even after major victories. Like Goliath, new battles arise, requiring consistent reliance on God's strength victories through service. The battles were won by David's mighty men, showing God uses community and faithful servants to accomplish victory. The fall of Giants, the defeated giants, often considered unbeatable, represents the defeat of all enemies that oppose God, demonstrating his supremacy According his supreme usage examples overcoming challenges. Christians can use his passage when facing insurmountable problems such as health crisis, financial crisis, or spiritual battles, relying on God's strength rather than their own.
Speaker 2: Legacy of leadership.
Speaker 1: Similar to David's early victory inspired his men to slay subsequent giants, leaders today can inspire their team members to overcome obstacles that were once deemed impossible. Synonyms of themes spiritual battle, triumph, divine enabling, overcoming insurmountable odds, faithful stewardship, spiritual warfare, perseverance, and victory. These verses are often seen as a testament to the fact that while God may severely correct his people, he will not leave them in the hands of their enemies.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is good stuff. I just want to go.
Speaker 1: To I want to save this because this is a good part right here to have in one of my teachings first Chronicles twenty.
Speaker 2: And I want to and this is gonna be verses four through eight. Here we go. Let me just take this copy.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I have a Genesis six I like to go over and I want to have this in there.
Speaker 2: CA sorry, guys, Okay, I'm gonna put it right here, perfect spot. All right, thank you guys very much.
Speaker 1: Let me just go over some practical applications for this chapter. Trust in God's sovereignty. Just as God orchestrated victories for Israel, we can trust him to guide us through our battles and challenges. Number two leadership and responsibility. Effective leadership involves both direct action and delegation. Like David, we must know when to lead from the front and when to empower others. Amen to that. Facing giants. We all encounter giants in our lives, challenges that seem insurmountable. With faith and courage, we can overcome them. Just as David's men did. Number four, Humility and victory. Recognize that all victories come from God, and maintain humility giving him the glory. All right, So a couple verses that connect we got Joshua one nine. Have I not commanded you to be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Psalms twenty, verse seven. Some trust in chariots and others and horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord.
Speaker 2: Yahweh our God.
Speaker 1: And then Ephesian six, verse ten through eleven. Finally, be strong in the Lord and is mighty. Pa put on the full armor of God, so that when you so that you can make your stand.
Speaker 2: Against the devil's schemes. There we go, guys.
Speaker 1: So that is the end of chapter twenty and I'm going to end here. You know, I want to rest my voice a little bit. It's getting a little bit raspy here, so I appreciate you guys. If you guys want to check out my show, it's josh Monday, Christian and Conspiracy podcast on all audio platforms. And also if you want to check me out, on YouTube, it's Josh Monday Music and Podcast. If you want to follow me on Instagram, it's Josh Monday Underscore Podcast on Instagram. You can check that out. And then I've already told you guys about the GoFundMe. If you guys want to check that out, you can go to my Instagram or you can go to my YouTube and there's a link below in YouTube. If anybody that's listening right now has donated to my GoFundMe, I appreciate you. There's some names that I don't recognize, Quentin, this girl Ashley, and a.
Speaker 2: Couple other people that I don't recognize.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if they're coming from this show or if they're coming from my YouTube or my new Instagram followers. I'm not sure, but if it is you, I appreciate you very much and it's going to go to good use. I've already bought camera equipment, and I got a camera donating to me, and I got a lot of things going on.
Speaker 2: For this trip.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it. It's coming up in June right now. It is already March, so March, April, May, June, it's coming right around the corner for Edmonton, Canada, and then in December, I'm going to go to Puta Arena's Chili, which should be the real deciding factor on what I see. But anyways, much loved, all you, thank you. Let me just end this in prayer. So, Father God, in the name of Jesus, thank you so much for this glorious time. Thank you for the clear connection, and thank you for allowing my voice to speak. Lord, I know that I was having some issues with my voice. Seems like you almost kind of corrected it a little bit, but it's getting a little raspy at the end. So I think going over four chapters is good enough for this Bible study.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Lord.
Speaker 1: I know we have giants that we we fight in our lives as well. You know that we might think, oh, there's no way I could conquer that mountain, There's no way I could conquer that sin. There's no way I could conquer you know, that alcohol, that drinking and all the other stuff that we deal with. Lord, please assist us in conquering those sins, and everybody that's listening, please assist them in conquering those sins.
Speaker 2: And also, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's amazing that you're allowing us to go through the Old Testament. Lord, thank you for that, and allowing us go through the New Testament.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Thank you for giving us all these different articles and you know, teaching points and all these different things that we can go to to kind of teach. I really appreciate it, Lord, and also everybody that's listening. If anybody's having any issues, Lord, please a system financially, health wise, you know, problems with sin, whatever it is. Lord, please the system. Thank you so much. I really appreciate you, Lord.
Speaker 2: And Jesus name. Amen.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, have a wonderful week. I'm going to rest my voice, probably come back Monday and try to Wednesday service, and I hope my voice is better by then. Pray for me and this will come out Sunday morning. So by the time you hear it, if you pray for me, hopefully Monday, I'm good. Much love to everybody, and God bless you.
Speaker 2: Thank you,