Speaker 1: Before we went on the air here about the Steam summer camps that.
Speaker 2: Are going on there. We're in our last week, so a couple more today and tomorrow, and the Steam camp is over for the summer. But it's been a busy few weeks. So it's been awesome, awesome to have our kids on the campus and getting them to see them experience a little bit of Tri County Tech now so hopefully when they get older, they're ready to come when they're in high school.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Well, just because in summertime does not mean that you are slow in talent Try County Tech. Not only do you have the Steam camps coming up, but you're also getting ready for the fall semester in sole adult programs as well.
Speaker 2: Yep. So we are getting getting taken applications, doing enrollment. So we got high school final enrollment finalizations, so those students that got accepted, they're getting their paperwork in and if you haven't done that, get that done now so we can get you ready for August. And then we're doing enrollments for adult programs and those our evening our ACD classes are starting all the time, so we've got classes that start in July. We've got an electrical class coming, We've got an EMT class coming up, we have a paramedic class coming, and then we'll have medical assistant. We have a Medicine aid class that's getting ready to start here real quick too. So enrollments are open all the time for adults, so it's not just in August or just in January. We have them all the time. So, you know, we always just encourage people to go to our website, try County Tech dot edu and go to the adult program side. You'll find that there, and then we're here to help you get from the beginning to the end, from the financial side of things to helping you pay. One of the things we're really proud about is our adult programs. You know, a lot of our students get to leave with us debt free, and that's incredible, big deal, you know, so and our foundation allows us to help that and just kind as we were talking before the show ed, you know, being a part of a community like Bartsville that gives back so much, you know, and even one hundred percent of our staff gives to our foundation because those are scholarships that are going to help students and we know, we believe because we see it, we see the difference that it makes in students lives, and so all of us give to that. And we have so many people in this community and surrounding communities that support that foundation that enables us to help adult students not just with tuition, but maybe something's going on and they just need some extra help, a barrier to overcome so that they can continue in school. And we're able to do that because of the foundation and the community that supports it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, absolutely incredible. And I know throughout the years, Try County Tech has really endeavored to not have to rely upon federal funding. And that's with again the foundation too, since those who are seeking jobs or maybe seeking a new career because some of those classes, you know, Randall, you were just talking about it, Tri County Tech, EMT.
Speaker 2: You know, C and C and absolutely machining.
Speaker 1: Right those are huge in demand jobs right now.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you know, one of the things that I love about what we get to do here is are not just our partnership with our students, but a partnership that we get to have with employers and hearing what jobs they've got and what needs they have for those jobs and training and able to kind of come to our classes and get our students ready and then get them jobs we because ultimately that's that's where the success is. Not that they just got their certification, though that's awesome, but that that certification leads to the next step. That it's a bridge and if we can help do that, and the way we do that is to work with our local employers that are in our areas. What do they need? But the jobs are there, and so I would, you know, I would just encourage anyone who maybe has been bouncing around from job to job trying to figure out what they're trying to do, or maybe you've been doing something for a long time and you just don't feel fulfilled, come and check us out, because I think there's some great options for you that may get you to that place that you're wanting to be at. And we've got some great partnerships with a lot of employers and a lot of people that I think can get you started in the direction you want to go for sure.
Speaker 1: You know, and I mean that that's a really a cool thing. And we're talking about the Randall Jones and Try County Tech. You know, a lot of the people when they think of Try County Vouetech. Back in the day, you know, it was one of those where you know, you're going in for mechanics, so you're going in for all this, but I mean the technology side of this, robotics, you know, oh yeah, computer learning about how to how to operate computer. But also again those careers in the medical field, the dental field, cosmetology, right, all of that are all great opportunities for adults to learn absolutely those skills before they get into the workforce or as you just said, looking for a change in job.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, And you know, and the cool thing is so one of the things we look for our students kind of those tracks you want to go to college after you leave, do you want to go to military? Do you want to go to work and able to work with all the parties that are involved in that and getting them they can earn college credit if college is what they're wanting to do, we can get them those certifications to go right to work and certifications that can transfer over to become jobs in the military. So it's kind of a win win for everyone. And we're really really excited to partner with those and you know, I mean, and again, it's more than just votech It's more than just oh, here's just you know, if you don't go to college, this is what you do, right, There's so many things that are a part of that. No matter what you're wanting to do next, Try County has a lot of things that can help you take that next step towards whatever direction you're you're wanting to go. And so don't don't uh don't overlook it because I think there's a lot of great options financially and uh, you know, occupationally professionally as you're heading into those jobs that that Try County can prepare you for for sure.
Speaker 1: And these are high paying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, We've got some to me absolutely for sure. For sure those are LPNs, you know, I mean, those those ladies guys that are coming through that program are able to find jobs just about anywhere. And you know, look, you to have a great partnership with this sension here in town and our our certified clinical medical assistant. Those guys are getting a chance to get some paid internships while they're in So that's a win for them and us and our students, and so it's a great So definitely come and check us out for.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you know the economy here in you know, the Barnols area, the Tri County region as we call it as well. Obviously that's the name of your school, so that's important. But absolutely we've got some big name companies coming in. Lincoln Electric is going to be coming in Blue Whale with the with the lithium. Uh. You know, it's just absolutely incredible, absolutely that those are jobs that they can get the training they.
Speaker 2: Need absolutely right here at Help absolutely and you know getting and we're working with those you know, we're talking, having conversations with them, trying to figure out what programs that are going to be best fit for those jobs. So reach out to us, I mean even just I mean on the weekly basis, having those conversations with those employers. And that's a vital that's a vital piece to making this work. So not to just get the schooling, but to know when they come there, we're getting they're getting industry level education. I mean, they're getting ready to get They're not just learning something from a textbook. They're getting something that's going to be real and applicable. So when they step off or step out of our off of our campus and into the workforce. They're not they're not intimidated. They're ready to go, and not just with their skills, but we're also you know, we work with our students on resumes and interview skills and uh those interpersonal skills as they're interacting and how to show up, you know, show up to work and show up early and having those conversations with students and we're preparing them for for real life and it's an awesome thing to be a part of.
Speaker 1: And preparing for real life and other fields as well. Aviation again, aerospace engineer and aviation is now Oklahoma's second largest economic driver. Absolutely, and so you have aviation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're shifting that. Yeah, we're shifting that class. It was drones and aviation. This year it's going to be transferred to aviation maintenance and drones. So that we're going to start the aspect of getting that certification for being able to work on the aviation side of the mechanics side of it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and that that's again a response to what our economy is doing. You guys are staying on the forefront of that. We have a phoenix out at the Bartoszoil Airport. It does a lot of aircraft maintenance. And of course we're only you know, thirty five minutes away from American Airlines, right, you know, So these these are great career opportunities for adults. So again, Randall Jones, tell me how folks can learn more about the adult programs at Tri County Tech. Where can they go and what is the process?
Speaker 2: Well, you can find us on all social media platforms. Our marketing team does a great job of making sure our presence is there. But the best place is to go to our website, So that's Tri County Tech dot edu and you'll find pages for everything from high school to adults, all the contact information you need. You can apply there, you'll start your portal and then you'll be able to upload documents for whatever program you're going for. And again, if you have any questions or concerned, reach out to us and let us know. We got a whole team of people that are ready to help you and assist you and get you enrolled and get you started, Get you enroll.
Speaker 1: Get you started, make sure you are funded as well if the need arises, and then the services don't stop after there. Once you get your certification, your training, your class completed, then those job placement programs that.
Speaker 2: You guys have as well be helping.
Speaker 1: Absolutely incredible what Try County Tech is doing. Randall Jones, thank you so much for spending some time with us this morning on our community connection again Try Countytech dot edu to find out more information. Have a great one. Well, we appreciate that. All right, that's your community connection here on K one AM fourteen hundred FM ninety three point three ninety five point one seventy three degrees at eight forty four. We'll be back with more right here on K one, though, one you trust