Speaker 1: Why it's seven hundred WLWNC average American and for the great American on this Thursday, and welcome on into you. The NCAA Tournament is officially begun and tip offs under way. Of course last night and Xavior with a big win over Texas in the playoff game, they're off to play Illinois and Milwaukee. That game is tomorrow night and right here on seven hundred a WLW and the games begin. We'll see brackets need to be in like in the next minute. First tip I think is at twelve fifteen today. Is that not right? That's right. Meanwhile in Washington, d C. The legal merry go round goes on. We've got Trump, we've got tariffs, we've got rogue judges, and we've got people that seem to think that Elon Musk is so evil they want to burn down Tesla's country seems to be on fire once again. It always seems to happen, doesn't it when there's a Republican in the White House. Why is that? Why does it always seem that when there's a Republican in the world White House there is unrest in the streets. Never figured that one out. Nevertheless, that's what we have. The FED yesterday did not raise interest rates. They're leaving well enough as they see it alone. The FED chair Jerome Palace, says that tariffs will have an effectively short term on inflation, and not a good effect. But he doesn't seem to think long term it's going to matter all that much, will it? Who knows? That's why they meet every couple of months. Somebody keeping a key I on all of this is a fuller US Congressman from the great state of Ohio. Right here in Ohio. It was the sixteenth congressional district that Jim Bernacy represented for many terms, and right now he is doing good work outside of Washington, DC. He's back in Ohio and he's back here with us here on seven hundred WLW And Jimbernacy, how are you on this glorious Thursday.
Speaker 2: I'm great, Ken, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm even better now that you're on with me. I want to talk to you about tariffs, but I've got to hit you with a couple of things before that, which is in essence news of the day.
Speaker 3: You go.
Speaker 1: This judge in the DC Federal Court, James Brosberg, who decided he was going to interject himself into a federal deportation, in essence telling the Trump administration to turn the plane around. Everybody knows exactly in the wake of that, but it just kind of added on Jim to what I find a disturbing thing. Here, ninety percent of the challenges that have been brought against Trump, his policies, his executive orders, and whatnot, ninety percent have been brought to Democrat judges, judges that were placed on the federal court by either Barack Obama or Joe Biden or Bill Clinton ninety percent. And here you've got this guy Boseberg, who in essence decided he was going to get involved with public policy. And I raise this with you because this goes right back to I think a lot of what you were all about when you were in Congress. There are six hundred and seventy five federal judges in this country. If each one of them wants to start injecting their opinion and whatnot into federal policy, this country would be paralyzed. I understand a lawsuit has to begin somewhere, but I don't think the idea of this country was ever, let's just litigate to the point of paralysis. But I could see a road right now that we're on that may lead to that. Can you see that?
Speaker 2: Well, curly, that's going to be what happens as President Trump continues to move forward at a pace that many Democrats aren't comfortable with. But I will tell you the one thing that there was a poll came out yesterday I thought was very interesting. Eighty four percent of Americans believe eighty four that's a pretty big number, believe that something has to abide by the judicial system. In other words, he cannot just run over it like he continues to say he's going to and not follow. So in eighty five or eighty four percent of Americans believe that judiciary at least has to be answered to. I think it becomes a political problem for President Trump, and he's going to have to take these pills all the way up to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't. If we get into that situation, then you have absolute chaos. And he you know, I think he's savvy enough about what goes down in court after the last couple of years to understand what the legal jeopardy of that is. But the issue really is, at what point do these federal judges need to quote unquote stay in their lane. And I you know, it seems to me somebody, I don't know whether it's in the Trump administration or outside it, somebody somewhere has to be aching to get the way this process works in front of the Supreme Court. So once and for all, we understand that you can't have six hundred and seventy five federal judges deciding we're just going to decide this and this and this and this, and all of a sudden, the elected officials in this country, people like you, don't have a say in the matter the way they should. I think you're right. This thing could turn into complete chaos if Trump and his team just say, you know, to hell with the law, We're going to do whatever we want. But there's that problem on the other side, where you've got these judges just running all over the place deciding they're going to take this case that case. And you get at the end of it all, Jim, you get judge shopping And I really don't think that's healthy for the country, either of you.
Speaker 2: No, and I would agree, and remember, and I think you hit on this, which is important. This judge didn't bring this case somebody brought this case to the judge. Now the judge made a decision based on the case being brought to them, and I'm not too sure you can pick the judge at least anytime that I've been involved in court matters or usually it's a luck of the draw. Now, when you go to d SEE you're going to get a Democrat judge, There's.
Speaker 4: No doubt about that.
Speaker 2: So it always depends on where you go and what states you're in and what county you're in. But any case brought in d C probably is going to be ninety nine point nine percent going to be a Democrat judge. So it's one of the reasons why I think these cases are brought to the DC court because it usually is a Democrat judge. But again, wholeraly agree with you. These are issues that you know, the American people in many cases, the American people like what Donald Trump is doing. But at the same time, you have to remember we're a divided country, and there are fifty percent of Americans who do not like what Donald Trump's doing no matter what he does, and there's fifty percent who love what he's.
Speaker 4: Doing no matter what he does.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what the real problem we have in our country right now.
Speaker 1: And I think all this talk about impeaching judges and whatnot, it's nonsense. It's not going anywhere. These guys are difficult to remove. They're there, they're going to stay there. And you know, I think those in Congress that think it's a good idea, and I think Trump would be well advised not to start raising that particular specter anyway. There's a lot of intrigue past that too. I don't want to get bogged down on that. I wanted to talk to you today about tariffs because I think there's a lot of pros and cons to tariff. We're hearing a lot of the cons to tariffs, and I think there are probably more of those than there are pros. I mean, once you you know, I understand the United States has been ripped off from a trade standpoint. I mean, I get that. I think they are countries that have taken advantage of us and with our willingness over the course of time. But getting into a urinating contest with places like Canada, Mexico, China, and whatnot. In the state of the economy of what it is right now is probably not a great thing to do. Yet there are people, and there are people that are very well schooled in economics gym, that are advising the President to go ahead and continue down this course. If you were advising the president, what would you be advising him right now about tariffs and what it could do to you and me and everybody else that are just trying to make it go from a day to day standpoint.
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting about tariffs. You know, this isn't new. Prisident Trump brought this up in twenty seventeen, and I remember being in the White House with Manuchin and Cohen, which were his two advisors. One was his Treasury secretary and one was his economic advisor, and both of them were telling President Trump tariffs are not good. And he attempted to use them a couple times, but I think he had people around him then that were saying they're not good. They're good for a negotiation tool only, let's face it, Ronald Reagan placed one hundred percent tariff on Japanese electronics at one point in time to get Japan to the negotiating table, and they did, and he was able to get some negotiations in place. They're good for that purpose, I am never a.
Speaker 4: Believer for their good long term.
Speaker 2: In twenty seventeen, we had something called the back tax being introduced border adjustment tax.
Speaker 5: It basically was.
Speaker 2: A tariff on any import coming in, and we did enough hearings to determine that it was not good for the economy and ultimately it was a hidden tax on the consumer. And that's what we have to be so careful of these taxes. A lot of people don't understand, and some of your listeners might not understand. There end up being paid for by the consumer. The person the company that pays the tear for bringing the goods in ends up passing that on to the consumer as a hidden tax. And that's what I fear more than anything, because that will cause more chaos to our economy. And it's one of the things if I was advising President Trump, I would tell them great to use them for negotiations, bad to use them for economic purposes, and some of the things we're doing right now or economic purposes which are.
Speaker 1: Not good out today. That said that over one thousand dollars of added expense this year alone would be added on to the you know, the daily bills. One thousand dollars a year, not on a daily basis, but over one thousand dollars a year would be added on to the taxpayers back if indeed these tariffs continue. Yeah, I think they're a great negotiating tool, There's no question about it. And Trump is first and foremost a businessman, and you know, he seems to be the kind of guy when if he thinks you're ripping him off, he's going to make you pay for it. In severalfold. We'll see if they continue to go out. He seems to have. He seems to have backed off the bluster with Canada and Mexico. I think China was always at ten percent, but he seems to have backed off a little bit. But it's interesting, you know, Jim, when you say it's a negotiating tool, Mexico and Canada would have to know that too. I mean, all they have to be really is patient, right, They just have to let this thing run its course. And if indeed it does take a toll on the American taxpayer, well it's not going to last very long in this country anyway, right.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And by the way, here's something your listeners should know as well. The last trade agreements were negotiated by President Trump and signed by President Trump in January. In June of twenty twenty with Canada and Mexico. So the current trade agreements, whether we like him or not, were negotiated by President Trump and signed by President Trump in June of twenty twenty. So he is now saying he doesn't like his trade agreements. That's one issue. The other issue is from a manufact facturing standpoint, And I'll take the automobile industry. They made a decision twenty five years ago to be the North American manufacturer of automobiles.
Speaker 4: So there is a process where.
Speaker 2: Cars are manufactured by moving them from America to Mexico to Canada, and each one of these areas has an expertise, whether it's chassis, whether it's electronics, whatever it is. So we're in North America and manufacture. If you impose these tariffs on a sixty thousand dollars car the movement between these three countries, it'll raise that car.
Speaker 4: And we knew that back in.
Speaker 2: Twenty seventeen, which is one of the reasons we told President Trump, whoa, whoa, whoa, watch what we're doing here. Now I do agree it'd be great to have all that manufacturing back in the United States. And that's the one thing that Trump says, well, just bring back the manufacturing. Well, here's the problem. It took us twenty five years to make it the North American manufacturing of automobiles. It's not going to take one year to bring it back.
Speaker 4: Think about that. How do you bring a plant back to.
Speaker 2: Do the electronics when there's no plants in the country right now doing it. That could be seven, eight, ten years down the road. So I think the president has to be very careful when he does these things and when your listeners use the comments, and I hear this all the time, which is why I bring enough. Well, Reneci, he just wants to bring manufacturing back to America. Hey, that's great, but you got to realize it's not going to happen overnight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, absolutely no. It's kind of like your grade point average in college. Right. It can fall quickly, but to build it back up to where it was is a long, tedious process. And that's kind of like where it is right now. I don't think anybody should be under the illusion and all of this is going to happen. Crystal bol listening for US Jim. April the second, which Donald Trump is calling Independence Day, that's when these additional and broader tariffs are supposed to go into effect. I have a sneaking suspicion not along about the thirtieth of March twenty ninth of March, we're going to hear something where there's been some sort of agreement with Canada, with Mexico, maybe with China something or other, and they never happen. A lot of this is Washington theatrics, at least it appears right now. I can't believe that, if indeed you have inflation that is still stagnant, he has not passed the tax cuts that he wants to pass. I can't believe he's going to go ahead and do this on April the second, can you now?
Speaker 2: And I'm a person agree with you. And what's interesting? And look, President Trump's great at showmanship, and I love him for that.
Speaker 4: He will tell you that he.
Speaker 2: Got concessions when really the Prime minister or the president of Mexico really didn't do much of anything.
Speaker 1: But he'll say that he got.
Speaker 2: Those concessions, and the American people will love him for saying that he was able to get this done, but in the end we really didn't get much accomplished through met with Mexico or Chime or I'm sorry Canada recently. Yet I do think he will have to back down. There are some companies in the United States right now that I know for a fact that I've talked to that if he implements those tariffs, especially with Mexico, those companies are on such wire right now as far as being able to survive that will they will go out of business. And I think he has to realize these are large companies now too. I'm not talking about you know, mom and pad companies. I'm talking about national companies that are in our very operation on very thin margins that this will be the inform So I think he has to take all that in consideration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I got about thirty seconds here. You mentioned you were in the room with him about seven eight years ago when Minusian was in there and advising him not to do tariffs. Do you think he is getting sound advice from the people he surrounded himself with this term for things like this involving money, involving inflation, and while involving the general economic health of the country. Do you think he's getting that now.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, and again that's probably something that most people don't like me saying, but I actually do think he had a lot better people around him back then, and I think today now the Treasury secretary, the current Treasury Secretary, has come out and said he thinks in quiet rooms, he thinks that these tariffs are a problem. But I think Minuchen and Cohen were willing to say that in public. And I think the President has put a lot of people around him that are loyalists today more than people who will really say, mister President, we can't do this, and I think that's one of the biggest issues we have moving forward. Hopefully he's going to listen to some of the people that aren't in the room and not do these stairs.
Speaker 1: All right, Jimmer and Dacy, it's always great catching up with you. I know the golf courses up there and that you're part of Ohio are not quite as challenging as the ones down here in our part. I know you'll hit him straight and far up there come down here, and of course it might be problematic for you, but nevertheless, we appreciate your time here at seven hundred WLW. Stay well, I appreciate it as well.
Speaker 4: You take care, all right, all right, all right, yeah, I will.
Speaker 1: I'm anxiously looking at April second. I don't know if it's going to happen. I have a sneaking suspicion it will not. It's twelve twenty five News Radio seven hundred WLW, twelve thirty nine News Radio seven hundred WLW. Welcome back. It's the average American in for the Great American on this Thursday on the show today. Well, Hamas and Israel are a love and rockets back and forth with each other. Apparently there was the hoodies got involved. They got some missiles into the Gaza strip last night, and actually there was one headed for Israel and it was picked off by the Iron Dome. Over and above that, you've got sixty college campuses. Sixty college campuses have been warned about the anti Semitism on campus. Where did the split come from? What happened to America and Israel? Not just from a political standpoint, but really from a rank and file standpoint in this country. What happens to no daylight between us? And why now are all these campuses exploding again? We'll get into all of that coming up at one six two six today. Okay, look, I knew this story maybe once every couple of months, because it won't go away. It is a major problem. Tipping. Tipping, tipping is out of control. Everybody that interacts with you in a business now wants a tip. Here's an idea. How about the business pay the employees better so the employees don't have to go begging for money when they hands you a cup of coffee, or maybe when you're getting to drink and you get the laptop or iPad of shame shoved in your face. We have restaurants in this area that have a place to put a tip for the kitchen help. How about paying your kitchen workers better. Don't make a U problem a me problem. There's one restaurant, at least one in this town that has a quote unquote healthcare payment you can put on your bill. You know what, you can't afford to own a business, don't own a business. Can't afford to pay your employees what they deserve, then don't own the business. But don't make a you problem a me problem. Pretty fired up about this. We're getting into this at two oh six. Pretty fired up with what happened last night in Dayton. How about it eighty six eighty, Xavier wins it and moves on into now the tournament. That was a play in situation last night. Now they move on to play Illinois tomorrow night in Olwaukee. It's a late tip. Eighty six eighty last night, And after the game, Sean Miller said this, you know.
Speaker 6: It's one of the greatest games I've been a part of. You know, obviously, the energy of our of the crowd, our fans certainly took advantage of the proximity to Cincinnati and in that emotion and when we needed him, it was certainly a.
Speaker 1: Factor in the game.
Speaker 6: I think all three of these guys would tell you that we certainly felt it, really appreciated it. Look, I thought we'd beat an excellent Texas team. You know, they are disciplined, they have depth and talent. You know Johnson, we knew it was going to be you know, a tall order to guard him, and.
Speaker 1: It was Yeah, it was is right. Johnson played extremely well for Texas. In any event, that would be Trey Johnson, by the way, who who was a handful for Xavier last night, twenty three points six or fourteen shooting the other big story was Marcus Foster of Zaba here eight of nine from the field and dropped in twenty two points. I think the last I saw this today, I think it was in Cincinnati dot Com. The last five games Foster didn't deliver twenty two points combined. He delivered twenty two last night. In any event, they're moving on, they're playing on. The games are underway already today, very early on number four seed Perdue is a five to three lead right now, and that game is on True TV if I'm not mistaken. Is that where that is? That where that game is? Because they're on all over the place. Yeah, five to three over high point in the first half. About halfway through the nine seed Creighton is leading the eight seed Louisville twenty eight to twenty one, and then ensuing games later this afternoon. Chasin Deets is the founder and CEO of Sportsbook Insider, which is a great place to go off want gambling information, break down on matchups and games and whatnot. And I asked Jason to check in with us today right now, because you know what, if you're going to play the game, you might as well play to win. And over above that, I like his handicapping advice, and he said yes, so standing by now and flashing online three euphemistically speaking, of course, is the aforementioned mister deets Jason Dates. How are you on this glorious Thursday.
Speaker 7: I'm great, Ken, How are you doing?
Speaker 1: We're doing pretty well here in Cincinnati. We thought March Madness would be, you know, one and done, maybe if it even had a chance to get off the ground at all. And here was Xavier last night taking out Texas. They move on to Illinois. That's going to be a load for there. But hang on, let's talk a little bit about Texas here. What were your thoughts on that win last night for Texas and did you think that Xavier had a chance to pull this thing out?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So, I think I'm one of the few people that actually thought the Davier with been a good position to win that game.
Speaker 7: Texas was a.
Speaker 8: Really tough smatchup for them, just because of how they play their pace of play.
Speaker 7: But Xavier has been a good shooting team all year.
Speaker 8: And to be honest, I think, you know, one of the things I'll talk about some other conferences later, but one of the things that people have been down on this year is just the Big East in general. And I think they've got some really strong teams. I think you're going to see not the people will spoiler, but you're going to see Crichton, I think, play well in the opening game as well here down in rupp Arena.
Speaker 7: And so I had a feeling that Zavier was going to pull that off off, mate.
Speaker 1: I thought, And this is typical of Sean Miller's teams. I mean it just they just are. I mean, regardless of what you think of Sean Miller as a coach, his teams traditionally get better as the season goes on. Having Freemantle healthy again is I mean, that was the whole thing for his stretch run during the regular season. But they have a good guard rotation, and I think moving on to play Illinois on Friday, I think, you know, even though Illinois goes I think seven to one, six nine sixty nine across the front, and they've got terrific guards. Uh, I think just having Freemantle back in the guard rotation they have, I think I think they can have I think I think they got a shot against Illinois. What do you think?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So, just because the matchup is pressed, this is actually one of the matches I'm still looking into, but I like how Xavier matches up against them.
Speaker 7: I know that Illinois is big.
Speaker 8: I know that they're They've got some height, they've got some length there, which I think they could use to their advantage.
Speaker 7: But overall, I'm down on the Big Ten.
Speaker 8: And I know I'm going to talk about conferences a little bit today, Big Ten, SEC, Mountain West, and we'll get into a little bit as well. But uh, you know, I'm down. I'm down on the Big Ten this year. I just don't think they're a strong conference. And I don't look at Illinois having really have a few good wins, but nothing that really stands out. And I think that Xavier plays in what was a tougher conference this year, and I think that we're gonna see.
Speaker 7: That shine through when they play.
Speaker 8: And of course, like you said, Fremance was was you know, besides you know the help they got off the bench last night. You know Freeman will being back, and you know, if he wasn't in foul trouble, I think he would have contributed even more to that game last night. So as long as he's as long as he stays at a foul trouble against Illinois. I think that they're gonna it's gonna be They're gonna be tough for Illinois to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Conwell too got into foul trouble. That's that's key. All right, let's you know you mentioned the Big ten. Let's talk about the Big ten. I got a game for you here. It's of interest to us to a degree here in Cincinnati because UCLA is coached by Mick cronin Cincinnati guy used to be at the University of Cincinnati. Right now, it's u C l A minus four and a half minus one ten. The total in this game is one forty three and a half. UCLA was I mean, that was a ship adrift, and then Cronin goes off in a couple of news conferences in January and all of a sudden, uh U CLA snaps back to attention. Uh I think they're a little under seated, you see in this tournament. What's your thoughts on UCLA and also this game against Utah State.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think there's a few different teams that are underseated here.
Speaker 7: I think UCLA is definitely one.
Speaker 8: I think Gonzaga is also another one.
Speaker 7: In general, I don't like the Mountain West in these tournaments. And there's a.
Speaker 8: Stature that are just going to throw out there that has me leaning UCLA and the points, and that's the Mountain West teams when seated ten or lower are one in twenty.
Speaker 7: Nine in opening rounds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wow, Yeah, Well that's a trend.
Speaker 3: That's a trend.
Speaker 7: That's a trend.
Speaker 8: And and you know, and again I hate to keep going back to conferences, but teams can play very well in conference play within their conference, if they don't have a tough out of conference schedule to open the year, they can end up with a really good record. And I think the problem with that is that when you play a more competitive style of games against the big Eastern SEC or something like that, those mean more, you know, you get more experience. You might be a great team against UNLV and Boise State in Colorado State, which you know, to their credit, has done really well the last you know, ten or twelve games, but they're not the same level of competition.
Speaker 7: And I think that's where some of these teams.
Speaker 8: You know, the line that we see out there are looking at records, they're looking at you know, pace of play, they're looking at you know, Ken Palm ratings and stuff like that, but they're not taking into consideration necessarily their the strength of who they play, right, And that's something that I really like to look at. I will take a team that's ten and eight and you know, obviously you know UCLA is not this example, but I'll take a team that's ten and eight and the SEC versus a team that's you know, fourteen and oher when they're Mount West Conference, right, just because of the strength of play.
Speaker 1: So you like UCLA in this game, right, I mean you're saying give the points up, taking easy. Okay, there's a there's an eight nine matchup and I wanted to talk to you about this one, and you mentioned the SEC Georgia Gonzaga. This is I think could be one of the most interesting games of the tournament, the first round of the tournament. This is a four to thirty tip today in Wichita. Right now, it's Gonzaga minus six and a half at minus one oh two. That's kind of a goofy number there, But nevertheless, you got Gonzaga having the last six and a half with a total of one fifty and a half. Two things on this game. I'm looking at number one, I think the total is way too high. And two, I know Georgia. You know, george is an SEC team, but I'm kind of with you. I don't think the SEC is as strong top to bottom as maybe it looked like this year. So how do you see this when Georgia Gonzaga and what about the SEC?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so first of all, I got to know where you found the minus one oh two. The best line I found was FanDuel minus six and a half or minus one fourteen, which is a little juicy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Lookten I just mentioned I think along with usc LA, Gonzalga is an underseated team in this tournament. I think that that is a little bit because.
Speaker 7: Of some of the losses they had. They had overtime losses to West Virginia. Let's not go there.
Speaker 8: I'm sure you have some listeners that would like to weigh on the West Virginia un see debate, but.
Speaker 7: Let's not go there.
Speaker 8: But they have overtime losses to West Virginia in the UK, and I think if they didn't, if they had come out on the other side of those, I think they would have been higher seated.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 8: I think those weighed against them, but they're overtime losses, and I don't think that we should, you know, throw off the red flag because of that. That being said, as you mentioned, the SEC this year is strong.
Speaker 7: Don't get me wrong. You have very very good teams.
Speaker 8: You've got a lot of SEC teams in here, and when looking at it, Georgia went eight and eleven the SEC. You've got Missouri, You've got Tech A and M, You've got all Auburn. You have a ton of teams that played much better in here. And I think that because the strength of the SEC overall was strong, it kind of propped up some of the lesser teams.
Speaker 7: And that's why I.
Speaker 8: Think Georgia is in this position right, Otherwise I don't think they would have been in the tournament. That being said, I'll say two things right. One, there's actually a really interesting trend when you go back the last few years, ninees that are underdogs typically beat eight that are favored, right because of that close matchup. There's a trend there, however, And I do think and now I'll give a little extra pick here, I do think that Crichton upsets Louisville in this first game. That's one of my picks something that I'm on this morning. But I think that this is a situation where Gonzaga shouldn't really be an eight seed. So I don't look at it as a traditional eight versus nine. I look at it as really a four versus nine or a three versus nine, And I think because of that, I lean really heavily towards the Zaga minus six and nine.
Speaker 1: By the way, I got the minus one oh two. It's actually now up to one oh five at bet MGM just in case.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm putting that down there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm helping you out. This is crazy. You know, we're we're right over the river from Kentucky, and uh, Kentucky is kind of a you know, when they're healthy. I think they're really, really a good basketball team. There's no doubt about it. They got that super senior Kobe Brea. I think he's playing terrific. Miles Rigsby with Troy might be an answer for him, but I don't think so. I think Kentucky has the advantage there. I think Kentucky's got the advantage of power for that's center. I mean, this should be easy work for Kentucky in this game. My question, though, is is as you look at this game and understanding that you know these these these anything can happen, but rarely in a game like this. As you look as you look at this game, and you see the number that's out there for Kentucky in this game, it's Kentucky minus eleven and a half at minus one ten, that's I get goofy. Well I am goofy, but I get goofy. Strange number gets into double digits like that. What about you? I think Kentucky wins, but I'm not comfortable at minus eleven and a half. What do you think?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so this is an interesting matchup. There's been a lot of talk about Troy, and I know that there's definitely a little bit of money coming in on that side.
Speaker 7: Here's what I look at. Troy had zero wins against the field.
Speaker 8: They've played Oregon, they played Arkansas, they played a couple others. They didn't have a lot of games against the field, right. They didn't play a lot of teams.
Speaker 7: That are in the tourney.
Speaker 8: They played a lot of act State and people in their conference and out of conference.
Speaker 7: They didn't have really high matchups.
Speaker 8: So I'm going back to that and I just look at the fact that, you know, UK in a really tough conference. The SBC is shore. The lower teams a bit cropped up by them. But I think the higher teams, if you're keenan eight or you're eleven and seven or whatever, ten and eight like UK, are against the SEC teams.
Speaker 7: With and they've got wins against Florida, Florida I have winning the entire thing spoiler alert, but wow that they have.
Speaker 8: They have very very strong they have a very strong record, and I do think that Troy can match up well against them, which is which is why I'm with you. I wouldn't necessarily take either side of this. I don't like this matchup. I think UK wins, but I'm not going to lay all the juice on the money line.
Speaker 7: I think it's like minus minus six something minus six sixty or something like that, minus six.
Speaker 8: Hundred, So I'm not going to lay all that juice. If you want to include it in the parlay, that's your choice. But the eleven line looks weird in this one.
Speaker 1: You've got you've got Florida going the distance. Huh.
Speaker 7: I like Florida a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, listen, you're the pro I'm just the Joe Jacon deetch. If we go to sportsbook Insider dot com right now, what can we find?
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you go to the sportsbook Insider dot com right now, you'll find all the latest promotions. There's some great ones. Bet three six five usually has the best lines out there, with the exception of your MGM minus one oh five line. If you sign up directly with the Avenue Use promotional code USG two hundred, you'll be able to get one hundred and fifty dollars bonus when you make a bet of five dollars or more.
Speaker 7: That's for new users only, and I'm going to give one more bonus pick for you. Something I like going back to the Big ten. I like you see San Diego money line.
Speaker 1: Wow, Seriously, they.
Speaker 8: Are the I saw a comparison and I'm a Celtics fan. I'm originally from Boston. I'm a Celtics fan, and I the best comparison I saw for them is they play like the Celtics. They take a ton of threes and they force turnovers. And as far as I'm concerned, that's all I need to see.
Speaker 1: You see, Sandy, are you serious? You know who they're playing in the first game, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're playing Michigan.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: See the other thing too about that game. Not to get too deep in the weeds on that is, when that line came out, it was Michigan minus two and a half. At minus one ten is least the best I found. I found minus one to eight somewhere, but I think one ten is basically the line.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Some smelt fishy in that game. But what you're saying is, and honestly, I'm not an expert on San Diego, but if they jack threes, just watching Michigan's defense throughout the Big Ten tournament, you can you can hurt that team deeply with their their I don't think they're very good at defending against the three, so you may be honest on in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's where I think the good matchup is.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, man, I'll tell you what chock full information Jason Deets the sportsbook Insider dot com. That's where you can find them. Okay, Jason, we'll see how it all plays out. Thanks, all right, let's do it. Yeah, Florida to win it all. We'll see twelve fifty eight News Radio seven hundred WLW MY one on nine. It's the average American and for the great American on this Thursday. Great to have you with us as always as we press on now through the afternoon, and lot going on in the country right now. We're seeing campus protests again bubbling up from what appeared to be Palestinian pro Palestinian activists, some of whom are students, some of whom just might be people that are stirring up these protests. You know, you got a kid, You got a kid in college, You got a lot of free time on their hands. Somebody gets into a conversation at a coffee shop and all of a sudden, you got somebody who's a fertile mind that just may get flipped from one thing to another, or possibly from absolutely no idea of what a subject's about. Hey, you know what, what the hell, I'm free on Thursday. Let's go protest. A judge on Wednesday said that that Columbia student Mahmood Khalil must remain in the United States for now, but moved his challenge to the legality of his arrest and possible deportation from Louisiana to New Jersey. Why well, cause New Jersey is a little more liberal court than the circuit were Louisiana sitts. Meanwhile, Manhattan based US District Judge Jesse Furman denied a bid by the Trump administration to dismiss the case, agreed with the Justice Department that he did not have jurisdiction because Khalil was held in New Jersey at the time. His lawyers first challenged the arrest in New York. Meanwhile, across the ocean, they're at it again. Last night, Israel said it intercepted a missile launch from Yemen, believed to be launched by the Houthis. Gaza remains a war zone. Hostages have still not been released to Israel, and over the weekend the US struck over a hoothy attack taking a ship in the Red Sea out of commission. US attacks have killed at least thirty one people. I thought there was supposed to be a truce. Thought there was supposed to be a ceasefire. Thought there was supposed to be hostages exchanged. The hell is going on. Israel has now launched new strikes, killing more than four hundred people. That's according to the Palestinian Territories Hamas run Health ministry. Of course, you can't believe a lot about what's being said. It's one side against the other, it's the fog of war. But to try and steer us through that and get to the facts of the situation. Standing by is one of those Middle East experts that we turned to in times like this. We've had doctor ASEF. Romerowski on the show before. He's the executive director of Scholars for Peace in the Middle East, trained as a Middle East historian, holds a PhD in Middle East and Mediterranean Studies from King's College, very prestigious college in London in the UK. And doctor Romerowski, how are you on this glorious Thursday done?
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: What happened to the ceasefire in the Middle East? How did that thing literally go up and smoke?
Speaker 3: Well, it's a powder keg, I mean, you know, the Middle East politics or Middle East politics. I mean it's to contextualize your point. So it's been fifty plus days since Phase one ended. And Phase one, to remind your listeners, was when we slowly did the driven and grabs of the hostages, with all the parading and the theatrics that we saw on the stages as they released. Of course, the most horrific situation was when the family of the youngest of the to just their bodies were returned, and then they were supposed to have the mother's part of in the casket and she wasn't there.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of back and forth.
Speaker 3: Eventually that did take place after a lot of emotional and psychological turmoil, which is part of the psychological warfare. Since Phase one ended, Israel has been trying to extend the cease fire, but with the demand of releasing larger amounts of hostages and not just these ribs and drabs, which again coincided with the witcough Trump demand that there would be more released, including the five Americans, one alive and four dead back to Israel. The Kamas, of course, refused to do that as a result of the fact that they wanted to kind of flex their muscles. And as a result of all of this situation, you're now seeing Israel starting the war itself, because they said, you know, again, if there's not going to be if you're not going to comply with the situation, we're going to move this forward. It's important to note, of course, that the existence of the hostages is Hamasa's only lifeline, so they play around with them as pawns, knowing exactly that Hamas is in the Slamist organization that could care less about the value of life where they know israelis due and they have been willing to negotiate and release active terrorists to fortify their bench in exchange for innocent civilians. I mean, that's been the game that we, unfortunately have been observing now for over a year and a half of this tumultuous, longest war that Israel has ever fought.
Speaker 1: All right, let's you're the expert, and you're right, the only thing that Hamas has right now are hostages. If those people didn't exist, this thing would be over in about fifteen minutes. But the fact of the matter is they do. Do we know they do? Though, doctor, is there any indication that the number of hostages they claim they still have are still alive?
Speaker 3: So that's the big question we know, So we're the estimation is fifty nine, a combination.
Speaker 5: Of dead or alive. What we do know.
Speaker 3: That in the last phase, the last people that were released, some of the hostages we know about evidence and their accounts that they know of the conditions of the other hostages, that were released. That's where we're basing the evidence. In addition to whatever intelligence the Israelitis have been able to gather as they arrest more and more members of Hamas, they've been putting pressure as far as gathering human intel and trying to put pressure to find out more intel about these individuals. But it's a game and it could change on a dime. As we saw before, uh if Hamas feels and this is the risk because it's exactly what is happening domestically inside of Israel that if Hamas feels the.
Speaker 5: Pressure, they could literally.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, basically sacrifice and basically uh, and they will kill hostages in order to create the you know, the effect of domino effect that they that they want. And we know from mounting evidence from the released hossages about the suffering, the abuse that's going on and from their perspectively correct. Any day that this prolongs, they are at risk of uh, you know, they are significant risk. So that's the challenge uh, you know that we're going through, which is exactly where the Israelis are trying to put pressure to say, look, you know, if you want to survive to live another day, you know this is something that needs to happen now. But as you as you we've discussed. I mean, it's a you're dealing with a with a non democratic entity, to say the least, they don't they don't comply or operate.
Speaker 5: Based on the same rules we do.
Speaker 1: You know, doctor again, you're the expert. I'm just asking the questions. But it seems it seems to me we've seen this before in other theaters of the world. This is really about I mean, it's Israel and Hamas, but it's really the United States in Iran. You know, in Vietnam, it was really North Vietnam, South Vietnam, but it was really Russia and the United States. So to get to for this thing to come to a head and come to a significant and decisive conclusion, Uh, the United States is going to have to deal with Iran. And that's all there is to it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: There are other things that play in this. Of course, You've got You've got what's going on in Ukraine with Russia. Russia is aligning with China. I mean, there are other things that are bubbling in and around this that may affect what the United States does or doesn't do with Iran. But it seems to me the only way that this thing is absolutely settled, peace returns and Israel goes about its life again is if the United States takes on Iran, because if not, Iran is going to keep funding and fostering these Hamas and these Huthis that are going to keep doing what has happened here in the last couple of nights and what's occurred since this ceasefire ended. So I really think it boils down to what the United States does with Iran, don't you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, you are correct to.
Speaker 3: Point down that this is part all of this has been part of the multi front war with Iran. I mean, it's Iran and Iran's proxies. You know, winning the war requires not only winning the war on the ground, requires winning the patrons who allowed ten seven to happen on us came into vacuum, and to your earlier report, also dealing with Hamas in America, which has happened and living and you know, living and breathing, you know well on American college campuses. But what we see now in contrast to the previous administration, is that we are seeing that Jerusalem and Washington are on the same page with the goal of re establishing the terrence in the region and establishing red lines, and that means going after the head of the high draw and that is the Islamic Republic of Iran. And it's it's important to note that, of course, every one of the fronts that Israel has been fighting are indeed American enemies. And so now you are seeing an alignment where the alliance is working going after the very enemies. And there has to be significant consequences. And yes, Iran needs to be on the on the chopping board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doctor Romerowski, let you touched on it. The stuff that's going on now in campuses. We saw it again. We saw it happened last spring. College presidents were called in one of a congressional committee. I think three of the four presidents wound up losing their jobs. The Education secretary find this amusing. Linda McMahon, who has been charged with ending the Department of Education nevertheless is wrote it as written to sixty institutions, many of which were the side of lengthy and very fractious protests last year, telling them they would face potential enforcement action. In other words, they lose money if they didn't bring all of this to an end and make sure that Jewish students could go to do what they are there to do, which is learn, and they're paying a lot of money to go to these schools to learn. The government canceled four hundred million dollars in grants to Columbia. That's a drop in the bucket to what Columbia takes in each year in terms of grants. Nevertheless, it is four hundred million dollars. This stuff that's going on on campuses. To me, there's no doubt in my mind that these are organized and that these people that control the these uprisings, they just move from campus to campus and recruit people that maybe have nothing else to do, or maybe they think that they've got a real firm opinion as to what's going on. But whatever, I think, these things are well organized. Federal government, at least under Biden, didn't seem to know what the hell to do. Do you have any any faith that Trump is going to end this nonsense and make sure that if you pay money to go study at a university, regardless of your faith, you have the right to go there and unin HND, unmolested, unencumbered to go to school, Go to school there and learn what you're there to learn. Do you have any any doubt that this is going to be dealt with differently now than what it was last year?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that the steps of the administration that Trump and this Rick is currently taking are indeed step in the right direction. Let's be clear here, none of this has been happening in the vacuum. The Islamist groups hamassd Palestinian ideology has been investing in American college campuses for decades. They have played the long game and they have bought the education, and so what you're seeing now is a byproduct of that, basically that same ideology of winning the hearts and minds of the West. And what's more nefarious about all of this is that they're taking American institutions and turning them on their heads and trying to basically turn America against America. And so this is all part of a plan that they've been utilizing and putting into action that we've seen amplified clearly since the war began. But again, these universities have been operating like alic head funds hedge funds, and there needs to be accountability and transparency to what's going on here. And again, if you're paying ninety thousand dollars a year to go to university and there's no discourse but in doctrination, what makes that different than any kind of madrasale in Tehran that goes against every possible feature of the Western liberal institution, and that needs to change. Furthermore, I would argue my bigger concern is that American institutions may no longer be American if you take a case study like Columbia, where between fifty seven and fifty eight percent of the undergrad student body is foreign, and so there is.
Speaker 5: To be a better job on the.
Speaker 3: Admissions process as far as students, and on the hiring and firing practices when it comes to the kind of faculty that we're coming in and are basically allowed to take over the podium and indoctrinate students and teach a legitimate terrorism in American college campuses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, doctors, I like to say, good luck with that, because you know where all of this winds up, right, winds up in court and once you get there and you have to be a host of a judge who may or may not be liberal or conservative whatever. I mean, those things go either way, right, it's all going to wind up in court.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's that's a good tool that we have.
Speaker 5: But I think at the point that has been you.
Speaker 3: Know, lost in translation, is that the religiosity of academic freedom and free speech on American campuses.
Speaker 5: This is not the case to my mind.
Speaker 3: This is a matter of national security, and so those are the things that we need to push along as far as allowing for terrorism to seep in the way it has under the guise of so called scholarship, but really it's propaganda on these very campuses.
Speaker 1: Doctor Assaf Romowski. He is the co author of Religion, Politics, and the Origins of Palestine Referee Refugee Relief. All right, doctor, it's good to hear your voice again. Stay well, we'll check in again real soon. Thank you, Thank you as always. Yeah, I mean three of the four college presidents lost their job, didn't they after their poor performance on Capitol Hill last spring? And now it's rearing its ugly head again. The Columbia University quote unquote student Mahoo. I'm sorry, Ma, Mood Khalil has to remain in the United States, cannot be deported. Why because well, the judge said, so six hundred and seventy five federal judges just all running around this country and their black robes, and now every one of them thinks they can do whatever the hell they want to do, to dictate foreign policy, dictate domestic policy, dictate where this country goes litigation. Ain't that America? One twenty seven News Radio seven hundred WLW. I'm making an opening statement.
Speaker 8: Oh hello, quiet, and I'm Scots.
Speaker 1: I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 9: God said, did you watch that game last night? Saw some of it? There ken very unbelievable, Andy Mack, I got to go to bed, you know, come on.
Speaker 1: I couldn't go to bed. I had his don always addicted. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 9: Down what thirteen in the second half and come back and win and Xavier gets it done.
Speaker 1: Man. You know, I think it was set on this radio station that Sean Miller's teams get better as seasons move on. In other words, they're really not hitting their stride early, largely because I think they overschedule early on. They play a lot of tough teams. But as the season gets into January and then February and March, they seem to get better. Seg, have you noticed that I agree with you? I agree with you, ken Brew. What was his opening statement. I didn't hear his opening statement.
Speaker 9: He's going to have one here in a few minutes. Oh, thank god, ken Brew. They stood reporters of proud service of your local Temestar Heating air conditioning dealers.
Speaker 1: Temestar quality you.
Speaker 9: Can feel in Cincinnati Schmid Heating and Cooling Schmidt five three five three one sixty nine hundred. The way it's going to. You don't know whether to turn the air conditioning on or the heat, you know, Seg.
Speaker 1: I was doing it on and off the other night. I have one of those remote things back and forth. Yeah, you sit in a chair.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was laying in bed, okay, and I'm like, it's like one o'clock in the morning, and it was too hot, and I put it on cool, and I woke up at three o'clock it was too cool, so I put it back on hot. It was going back and forth and back and forth, and I woke up in the morning and I was cold. I said, well, I got to put the heat on. And I put the heat back on, but I was still cold. And then when you got a call temp star. Well, I think I might be getting hot flashes that might well, you know, I'm just thinking as I get older in life, you know, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 9: I have medication for that, so take it easy. Well, I'm on more pills than Elvis right now, Den Bver. We also want to thank Ron's Roost. Yes, the world's greatest fried chicken. It's clucking good. Yeah, sixty five years on the good old west side in town and thirty eight to fifty three race road at five one three five seven four two two two. Young Pam brought our lunch down today. It was delicious. Yes, and we go to the NCAA tournament update.
Speaker 1: Think about how many chickens have given their lives up Ron's roost and they're all heroes. Well, they probably should have like a picture of every single chicken that gave his or her life up. Well, chickens are female, right, I think so roosters are male. Yeah, the last I checked. But in this day and age, who knows, But every single chicken that is putting her life up on a point there for a good you know, saute chicken sandwich. Amen, I think they should have a picture that chicken hanging up in Ron's roost ken Brew.
Speaker 9: This NCAA Tourney update brought to you by a C. R. Gunnyed Pools and Spas called today Swim this year, call Frank because he's running a special. Let's see right now at Rapparita, with about eleven minutes to go, the Creighton Blue Jays are beating up on the Louisville Cardinals sixty five to fifty.
Speaker 1: Not a surprise. Jason Deese was with me an hour ago. He picked Creighton to win that game.
Speaker 9: And let's see at the half right now, Perdue leads high point thirty seven to twenty seven, so that's a low point for that. Just underway, it's Montana and Wisconsin coming up at two. SIU Edwardsville against top seed Houston, Alabama State and Auburn around three o'clock. Arkansas coach cal and Bill self in Kansas at seven tonight.
Speaker 1: Bill, I'm out for myself.
Speaker 7: There he is.
Speaker 9: And then Utah and Mick Cronin's UCLA plays late tonight at nine to thirty.
Speaker 1: It's gay. The VCU B YU game should be good too. I love them looking forward to that one, and you're right, I agree, that that UCLA. Where's Mick? Is Mick in Louisville? Where's that game?
Speaker 9: I don't you know, I don't know. I haven't I don't have I don't know. I have to look it up. I think it's a rough I think it's I think I'll be right down the road.
Speaker 1: I think I think. I think Mick finally got into.
Speaker 9: Repperina, Jessee the Troy Trogan Trojans. The Troy Trojan Trojans will play Kentucky tomorrow in their regional first round. It's seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. Dayton won last night in the first round of the n I T. The Flyers are still on the road Saturday against Tennessee Chattanooga in the second round eleven thirty. That's because ud Arena is being used as the finals for the and for the Ohio High School Athletic Association.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say the Circus.
Speaker 9: Well and Aiken. Good luck to Aiken. They play for the Division III title there tomorrow. Congratulations against Louisville. Yes, that's near Campton, Kentucky. No, No, you know what else is near Campton? The Hall of Fame Akron. That's true, that's where that guy from Lakota East beating Miami and then Miami got ripped off by the n T Bingo taking Kent State instead of Miami.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. Game last night was just incredible.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it had every I saw some highlights and it was like, you know, I mean it was you know, you get down, you get down thirteen to a team like Texas and the SEC. I mean, you know, they don't lose that many times. They don't lose that many times.
Speaker 3: Sick.
Speaker 1: Can I bring you some thoughts from Marcus Foster, who had twenty two points last night? Go ahead?
Speaker 10: Really, my teammates just found me in the open spots, and you know, I was just confident in my shot and I just shot in and went into Yeah, it's a good day. I mean, we needed performers for us to pull out the victory. And like I said, I'm glad my teammates were confident in me. I knows the three r C. They found me a couple of times, so I was able to get some clean looks.
Speaker 1: And that's what we need.
Speaker 10: We need players to step up during these times to pull out wins.
Speaker 1: See that that's an actuality there, right, I know how about that first. Well, you know the other thing too, is Marcus Foster at twenty two points the last five games, he didn't have twenty two points combined. Correct, came out of nowhere.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's usual Conwell and Freemantle and swaying a few other guys. But you know now now that Marcus Foster's made an appearance, look out.
Speaker 1: Well, you know Conwell, not Colwell as Freeman. I'll put on a cowboy hat and did the hook them horns thing the horns down. That's correct, he did. So he was really rubbing it into those taxes people.
Speaker 4: That were there.
Speaker 9: Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Let's see, Bengals are going to host veteran Guard Senator Lucas Patrick on a free agent visit tomorrow. Patrick played has played with the New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, good for him. I mean it's about you know, you're down right now. I mean you're bottom feeding on on free agents at this point, right, and you're scrambling to get people at this point. Red's update one week one week from today. Oh, I hope it's as nice as it is today, I do. I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 9: Check in with Jennifer Ketch, Marker, Steve Rawley or somebody over there at nine stands for news, Yes it does. One week from today is opening day the Reds and Royals Cactus League today three point thirty with the Arnel Carriers inside pitch on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. And let's see ken Brew there's a field of thirteen horses packed field for the Jeff Ruby Steaks and seven and seventy seven thousand dollars Jeff Ruby Steaks on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: That was miche I like that.
Speaker 9: At at Turfoay Park, poster is the five to two favorite posts and California Burrita. The poster is gonna come out of the number nine post and California Burrito at nine to two out of the number three.
Speaker 1: Those are the two favorites. That's not like Joe Biden's breakfast tacos, right, I don't think so. It's completely different. It's a different state. Now, Hey, I want I want to play something here for you. Can I play something? Is it music? Listen to this? Okay, to listen to this song?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jerry Reed? God right, buddy, but she got the better hand. But it all sounds mad a funny, yeah, but it's too much to man. She got the gold mine. I got this, Yeah, I say, you know why I am playing this.
Speaker 9: It's his birthday today because he'd been alive, Jerry Reid would have been eighty eight years old today.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 9: Now you know he had guitar man Eastbounding Down right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And when you're hot, You're hot, yep, all that. Jerry left this earth in September of two thousand and eight, but he would have been eighty eight years old today. He I saw him in Lawrenceburg, Lawrenceburgh, by gosh, how about that? That back in the nineties he was at I believe he was at Lawrenceburg High School. How about that? Just kind of I don't know.
Speaker 9: They had a concert there at Lawrenceburg High School, the home of the Tigers.
Speaker 1: Jerry Reid, Baby, I'm there. How about that? Yeah? Did he sing the faithful song Eastbounding Down?
Speaker 9: He sang everything? Okay, he had that crowd whipped into a froud. I got you, I got you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know smoking the banded thing too?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the theme song for that. Yeah, that's true. That was he's bounding down, loaded up and trucking. Yep. We're going to do what they say can't be done. We always do that here at seven hundred, don't we, especially on the stood report, Ken Brow. It's unbelievable with that. By the way, you know the cyclones are home this weekend. You know, yes, they are Sunday. I think I'm going to the game now about that. It's huge. You know, they're going to have all the characters from Bluey there right down to your alley.
Speaker 9: I'm telling you, that's one of your favorite shows in the morning, right when you wake up.
Speaker 1: If you like Australian sheep dog animation, this is for you. And I'm into it, totally. Australian sheep dog animation.
Speaker 7: Here you go.
Speaker 9: He tells me, Hey, Ken, we've got some Australian sheep dog animation over here.
Speaker 1: You're there, I'm over there.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: So but anyway, they're in town this on Sunday. I think it's a mattinee on Sunday, oh like at three o'clock starting. I think they play the Indie Fuel. I don't know who they play. I just hope you know because a lot of the kids will be there. I just hope there's a lot of fights, because that's why children. The first time the cyclones this is going back away, but I remember this the first time they had one of those education specials, they dropped the puck at eleven am, right exactly. Yeah, I had all these they had all these kids that were there in students and schools. I mean that thing, that thing was in ten seconds into the game, and there were people just squaring off and beating them the Jesus out of each other right off in the opening face off. You want to go, yeah, why not? Why not? Let's go see let's go make make an example for the kids. Do you want to go to health and talk about you know, under arm deodorant, or do you want to go see two guys beat the snot out of each other? You know, probably beat the snot out of each other. Well, there you go. I thought it was a great idea for for a lot of people. There you go. There's another thing that was like twenty five your blink seg and twenty five years goes by just like just like just like for sure, I don't I mean, I don't know where it's all going, but I know where it's been, and that's one of the things I remember.
Speaker 9: Ken Brew, let's say, nine minutes to go now sixty nine fifty four, creating over Losville. You're just underway in the second half. At where's this set? Purdue is ahead of high point point thirty nine twenty nine in Providence, beautiful Providence, Rhode Island.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't go that for but yeah, yeah, and then he got all these other games to say, afternoon.
Speaker 9: That's where you gotta fly into play play the New England Patriots. I thought that was the goofiest thing of all time.
Speaker 1: Seg were you the one telling me a couple of days ago what Jamar Chase can do? How much he makes a minute?
Speaker 9: Correct dollar twenty eight a minute? I think that's what it was, yeah, or second or something.
Speaker 1: Whether he's playing or not.
Speaker 9: I think so when he's alone, when he's either asleep or awake, he's got it.
Speaker 1: He's making money.
Speaker 9: So I just saw a picture he just bought a what was it, a Lamberg Special, Lamborghini or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll keep him in touch with the common folk, that's right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, maybe can go to the restaurants here in town and get acclimated to the good food we have, or maybe he.
Speaker 1: Can bring in chefs you know, the way you want food. Call that's true, You're right. I mean, you know, he said said about the other food, and like, you know, like there were like at least a half dozen restaurants I go there were saying, what the hell is this guy talking about?
Speaker 9: Yeah, not way to go. Give me all that money and look here dumping on the city.
Speaker 1: I don't know, SI, the whole world's out of whack. The only people in steps seem to be you and me. Agree with that, ken Brew. May look around the building right here, right now, you can't find anybody in this building with a search warrant. It's you, it's me. It's a couple of people in the graff's department and the sheriff. There's nobody else here. That's true.
Speaker 9: We're essential, we're essential employees.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that the entire sales staff is not not essential employees? I don't think so. I think they are sorry twice a week they are. Yeah, say get us out of the stooge report before we liabel anyone.
Speaker 9: Else, ken Brew, in honor of March madness underway with Ted McKay. Today we leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 7: You get a w you get on the plane.
Speaker 1: That's right, Vic vic best right, mexicoing to Villanova. You think so? No, oh, okay, you La where it's Sonny, three hundred and fifty days of the year. You want to go to Philadelphia where you get indigestion from cheese steaks. I mean, come on with LA City. I love La.
Speaker 9: Like Randy Newman saying about absolute Do you think there's a rodeo drive in Philadelphia? You ever been to Philadelphia? I think that's where that well, I don't know. I've been to Philadelphiaeah, I've been once. Yeah, that's the old vet. Right, that's that's true. You're right about that.
Speaker 1: That is unbelievable to me, Andy Mack. There you go. So Mix got a game in at Rup tonight. Finally got a game in Rough. You got a UCLA to get a game in Rough. Couldn't get couldn't get one when he was here in u s right, No, no, awayn Helly was going around. He'd go to Keenland. Yeah, he would never get a game at Row exactly. Maybe he said as Keeenland and session. He might be there now, he might be.
Speaker 9: I took the team there for a little bonding before tonight's game down there.
Speaker 1: In the paddock with the team. Anyway, Sagay got to go. What I'll see in about an hour? You got it, ken Brew, Thank god, because I wasn't coming back unless you were going to be here. Yes, sir, I'll be here on seven hundred WLW by welcome back to eight. It's the average American and put the great American on this Thursday. Great to have you along with us, because, as I like to say, without you, I would be one man sitting in a room by himself babbling. And why would I have to leave home to do that? You go anywhere these days and what do you see? You see a tip jar? You go anywhere these days and you get a cup of coffee, maybe a sandwich, maybe it's just you know, a burger on the run, and when you go to pay for it, what do you get flipped around? Is that iPad of shame which has tip suggestions fifteen percent fifteen twenty percent? Why of course twenty five percent? Now you're talking is what you might get from behind the counter. Fact of the matter, is there was a time in this country where tipping was reserved simply for outstanding service, not necessarily expected when someone gives you the bare minimum service, maybe somebody behind the counter that looks like they would rather be anywhere except there doing their job. Maybe it was for someone who would actually bring your food, explain it, maybe before you ordered it. Maybe when they presented it looked great as opposed to just throwing a plate in front of you and then expecting you to leave them a little something something on top of that. And worse are some of these restaurants Now you've probably been to one or two, because there's a few here in the greater Cincinnati area that one who have on their bill a kitchen fee, a kitchen fee for Floyd in the back who's flipping the burgers whatever. Rather than his employer pay Floyd a better salary, the employer wants to make his problem your problem. Where have we gone with the service industry in this day and age? Where has good service gone? And why is it a shock and expected to elicit some sort of great payment because of it will standing by someone I think who knows. I've had Richard Wilman on the show before for almost thirty years, he's been honored to show business owners and professionals alike around the world a path to proven business growth and success. In other words, this guy knows what it takes to make a successful business and he joins us now here on seven hundred wylw and Richard Wilman, how are you on this glorious Thursday.
Speaker 11: Just fine, Ken, good to hear your voice. It's beautiful here in Florida. That's where I am today, and I hear is great and sense Edie as well. So well, No, actually you've been misinformed. It's not great here today. It's cloudy and it's cold. Where are you in Florida? If anywhere, Richard, Sarasota, Florida, sunny day and out of cloud in the sky. You ought to be here Sarasota in one room and broadcast from here.
Speaker 1: Brother, there you go, maybe at the Sarasota Yacht Club, or maybe at the Columbia Restaurant out there in Saint Arman's Circle. Maybe I could go out there place. They have good Cuban sandwiches there. Maybe I could do that.
Speaker 5: And they got great salads too, right.
Speaker 1: Right, the seventeen eighty nine salad or whatever. You and I could do a show from there, Richard, I should just could come on, come, come on down. How did we get off the rails on this tipping stuff, because, as I said, there was a time when a tip was was given for service that was outstanding. It was not something that was expected. This went off the rails at some point. When did that happen?
Speaker 11: But I think a couple of things came to play here. And I work with a lot of business owners and they're under tremendous cost pressure. We all know the inflation doesn't just affect the customer. It affects the cost of goods, the cost of running a restaurant, supplies, et cetera. So they're caught between a rock and a hard spot. So everybody said, well, they ought to increase their wages, are the workers? Well, what the business owner saying is, I can't even I barely got the margin left now with the cost. So we're just going to put in an automatic what's often called the digital tipping process. And that's how they sort of got around the corner of higher cost without having to raise salaries, which they don't think they can do the hourly wage. And now they pass that on to the consumer with this digital payment checkout system is what I call it, And you're exactly right. They turn the screen around, as you know. And if it's ten percent, that's sort of a miracle. It's fifteen, twenty twenty five. I've seen it as high as thirty and it really is annoying. But that's what's happened, is the cost for everybody's gone up.
Speaker 5: So what do we do.
Speaker 11: We pass that on, not with a higher menu cost, but we go for an automatic tipping process, which is ridiculous. It's a tipping culture that's out of control.
Speaker 1: You know, Richard. It is not just two guys on the radio complaining about this. There's a survey out wallet Hub, which is a fairly reputable company. It found that nearly ten nine and ten Americans that would be ninety percent see that. I know that. I think that tipping has gotten out of hand, and nearly three and five of us think businesses are replacing employee salaries with customer tips. And I think that's the rub here. I see restaurants now with a kitchen fee. If I ever see something like that on a bill that comes to me, that was not something that I could It was not elective on my part. It was just something that was added to the bill. I'm never going back to that place again. There are a couple of places I've been to recently where they had a healthcare fee on it, in other words, paying for the cook with the waitresses health benefits. And you know, I look at that stuff, and I'm saying, you know what, if you have to do that to own a business, you should not own a business. You just get out of it. Let somebody who can run it the right way. And isn't that strapped for cash? I think this is a This is a problem for owner and operators of these businesses, whether it's a coffee shop, a restaurant, a hardware store, wherever this plate, wherever this tipping thing is going on, or these other fees are going on. If you can't afford that business without those kinds of things, get out of that business. Would you agree?
Speaker 5: Absolutely right?
Speaker 11: And it's deceptive marketing to have a kitchen fee or a healthcare fee and in placed on the bill of the customer. That's basically a hard cost for running a business. Let's just tell the truth. So what you're doing is showing me a lower price let's say on the menu, or on the sign out front, or in your advertising. But then when I come in, I end up paying a higher price than what I thought because I have to cover your hard cost, which if that's the case, that should have been put in the initial pricing. So it's just deceptive marketing. And what here's the problem that business owner does not understand LTV lifetime value of that customer.
Speaker 7: And you're exactly right.
Speaker 11: Ken, I'm going to pay it one time, but you can rest assured.
Speaker 1: We're never going to go back. Yeah, So you know it's transaction oriented. You're all about customer service. I mean, we know, we've had you on the show several times and I know that, but it just seems to me that they're not. And this is a generalization, and I apologize for this in advance, but it doesn't seem that you get to a place of business where it's a service oriented business, a restaurant, a coffee shop, whatever, and it doesn't seem like there are a lot of happy employees, the people that you talk to, you interact with. There are exceptions, of course, but it almost seems like the last place in the world they want to be is there. Now, are these great jobs? Are they going to be able to retire comfortably on the salary they're making? No, of course not. But I also think those are the kinds of jobs where maybe you start and aspire to something greater than that. But it just seems anymore that anytime I'll go in to one of those places, it's absolute Dresden. The bombs are falling from the ceiling before you ever get to the register. Why are people so unhappy? It would seem to me. And I'll ask you, why are people so unhappy with those kinds of jobs because it's the only thing they can get. The job market is too tight. Is there an explanation for it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 11: I think there's two points there, and I think you absolutely nailed it. The first part is if historically tipping is down, in other words, and a sit down restaurant, let's just say it's a sit down and walk up where you're getting your fruit at accounter, although you know they want you to tip there as well, but tipping is way down from twenty nineteen. In other words, the average diners is tipping less. Okay, so people feel unappreciated. That's one. Two, there's a sense that if I'm a server, and you see this as well as I do, some people are treated really badly as servers. I mean, people are just flat rude. I mean that's about so. If you have that influx of attitude coming at you all day every day, it's hard for most people, perhaps all of us, to stay positive, enthusiastic, et cetera. A tip is really if you're going to get a good tip as a server. And I've worked with a lot of restaurant change and the thing that I always teach them is remember it's a blend of your heart, your mind, and their wallet. If you go in there with a cheerful heart and a positive mindset, you're going to get a bigger share of their wallet as a tip. And we've proven it over and over again. But it's hard because they put up with a lot of rude people, They put up with tough hours. Their food business particularly is really a tough business to be in perium, So it's hard. Now I'm going to tell you, I think there's a huge change coming and here's what's going to happen. I believe just got a call with the CEO this morning about this in the food business and he's what do you think about what's going to happen with no tax on tips? If no tax on tips comes in. Just think about it this way. If you're working in a restaurant, you have a one hundred dollars tip night right now, with that really equal forget about state tax, and you just look at the federal tax level. For the average server, they're going to commit at about they're going to end up with seventy five bucks. Let's just round it down. They got a twenty five percent tax basis, Well do that five times a week. That's one hundred and twenty five dollars you sent off to the government. Well, if that one hundred and twenty five stays in your pocket, you got a whole different dynamical worker. You get a whole different dynamic award system. And as I told him, I think you're going to see people gravitate to that type of occupation. You're not going to have it increase your base rate. But the bottom line is their income is going to jump up depending on their tax rate for a whore from twenty two to twenty seven percent, which is a pretty big lift for a single mom, or for a student or a gentleman who's out there working support in his family. This is a big lift for them in the overall of a year. So I think what you're going to see is that this no tax on tips, if it becomes law, it's going to have a profound effect on the service business. Now, the problem is is it going to affect the service we get? That's the the culture has to change for that to change. Well, it may, you know, it may.
Speaker 1: Just indeed, with that, I don't know how familiar are with the greater Cincinnati area. We're not one large metroplex like Dallas, not a big city like Miami or anything like that. We're towns that make up a city, and each one of those towns has various mom and pop businesses. We still have family run hardware stores, we still have bars, corner bars or bars and grill or whatever or not. And people are very loyal to a place in Cincinnati. Loyalty is a huge thing, as I think you well know in the Midwest, and particularly when it comes to where we spend our money and how we choose to dine and where we choose to go. And I think when you mentioned no tax on tips, and if indeed it is cumulatively another one hundred and twenty five hundred and fifty dollars in the pocket of a server during the course of a week. That server may tend to stay at that establishment longer than maybe what the case is now. I don't have complete animosity towards people that operate businesses that are living from day to day, customer to customer to stay open. It's tough to keep employees because people are in that business are nomadic. They'll move from one job to the next, one restaurant to the next. But if what your your math is correct, and I think it is, it may keep those servers, those cooks or whatever at those restaurants, those baristas at those coffee shops longer because the money is better, and so therefore there may be some sort of bond or interaction over and above what do you want to eat or how much cream do you want in your coffee? There may actually get to a point where you actually know the customer, and maybe that makes for a more comfortable atmosphere. And I think if that's the case, then maybe a lot of what we're talking about goes away. Would you agree?
Speaker 11: I think so, And I've been studying that you know as a marketer, and I speak on these topics and write about these topics all the time, and I'm studying what's going to happen in this case with the tip thing particularly.
Speaker 1: And I really believe you take the average service.
Speaker 11: You look at the average server that's out there making you know, as I said, one hundred dollars a night on a good night. So if you do the map and that they're making twenty five thousand a year, well, if they stay at that particular bar or restaurant, they're going to be making thirty two or thirty three thousand a year with no change.
Speaker 4: Well that is a big dynamic for them financially.
Speaker 11: It also puts us in a far better position as business owners that we know that our employees perhaps to your point, will stay longer. And you and I both know it's a wonderful thing when you walk into a restaurant can and the guy and the gal says, oh, Ken, so good to see you again, which like your regular that means everything. Now you're going to keep going back. And in Cincinnati, and I have friends and clients there, have been there many times speaking and I know that it's really it's a true Midwestern culture where people are very loyal to those with whom they do business and that treat them as not just as a customer, but they really want to build a relationship with them. So I think it's going to be a boom for the service industry, primarily because of the fact that people are going to have incomes that are not going to be taxable.
Speaker 1: Richard Wildman, our guest researcher, author, consultant, serial entrepreneur and helping businesses do business the right way and stay successful. Okay, well, I know there's no right answer to this, but Richard, I'm going to ask it anyway. If you do go into a restaurant and you do get service that is above and beyond, I mean not just somebody dropping something on your table or whatever it may be, what would be an appropriate tip? What is an appropriate Is there a one size fit all answer to that.
Speaker 11: I don't think there's a one size spits all. I think it really depends. And it comes back to my point about blending heart and mind. I think if the service really positive, they go the extra mile. You don't have to way even get them to come over to bring you more water or more ernal Palmer or another drink, whatever, but they're attentive without being interferenced. My sense is today a twenty percent tip is fine. I personally have a lot of friends that feel, listen, the service was great, let's give them twenty five percent. Now, obviously, if you're gonna find dining restaurant the bill's four hundred bucks, you're not gonna put one hundred on the table. You know, a twenty percent tip. But for the average, if I go to a diner for breakfast and the civil that I go to for breakfast and the service is really good, I have no problem if it's a twenty dollars breakfast to leave that individual by five dollars. I mean, I don't see that as an issue that they're being over tip. They gave me great service, They kept the coffee refreshed, the bacon and eggs were hot, and most importantly, they were friendly and kind.
Speaker 1: And if they're that, I think that's it.
Speaker 11: So I think you have to judge at number one by how attentive they are, how kind, consider it, thoughtful, empathetic they are, and if they are twenty five percents reasonable like a diner. But if you're going to find dining restaurant twenty percent about probably your cap out now there is I've tipped more than that. Somebody gives us exceptional service. I have the whole family, have fifteen people for Thanksgiving or whatever, and the check is huge. But it doesn't matter. I'm going to give the guy of the gall more. That's it because they've done a great job, Richard.
Speaker 1: Dining out for breakfast, no doubtly at the Blue Dolphin Cafe on Saint Armand Circle. Sounds like a place you'd go to, Richard, really does. That's exactly good information, and I think hopefully things that will guide us through what has become a very uncomfortable situation on a lot of levels. All Right, Richard, you stay well, enjoy the Sunshine events. It'll make its way up here to the Midwest, and you and I will visit again. Thanks so much, look forward to it.
Speaker 11: Thanks ken We'll push this sunshine towards you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, I blow it north to twenty five news Radio seven hundred WLW. Yes, it is the all scene, all knowing and just back from sabbatical to Withhamsville. It is the Wizard of Kenwood. Now as we dial in the Wizard of ken Wood by Satellite, one of the great minds of our time. We all scene, we all know, and the all powerful. We know that we are now among greatness. Hello, quiet, and I'm broadcasting seg I'm wondering if the Wizard went to the actors retirement village in Withhamsville. We're all former actors that live in Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Go and when the Wizard visit went Withhamsville, it was that's a great part of town.
Speaker 1: Don't get any don't don't, don't say anything. No, no, I mean, but that's where the retirement village is for. He's out, he's out of there and you know, just running around. Oh I didn't know that. Yeah, the flight mush must have been too much for him. On Wednesdays. Wednesdays Hit is Special ken Brew.
Speaker 9: The stood reporters of Proud Service. Every local Tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers Tame Star quality you can feel in Cincinnati. Call Sheldon Braun Atlly bron Heating at five one, three, three, eight, five seventy seven sixty five s Shelley, Shelley, Thank you, Roxy NCAA tournament update brought to you by A c R. Gunny pools call today swim this year called Frankie's running a special. One final is in Toledo, Native Jemia Neal twenty nine points, twelve rebounds. Creighton dumps Loville eighty nine to seventy five. Up next for the Blue Jays either Auburn or Alabama State.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 9: Late in the second half, it's Purdue ahead of high points sixty seven to fifty eight, just underweigh in the second half. Wisconsin forty Montana the Grizzlies thirty two first half, Houston all over SIU Edwardsville forty two to twenty SAE. Do you see where the Celtics were sold for six point one how about that dollars the most They're now the highest valued franchise in the history of sports. But wonder what the Lakers are worth. But they're not worth six point one billion Mercy Tonight, among the games, it's coach col at Arkansas meeting Bill Self of Kansas, and then and then Mick Cronin and the UCLA Bruins take on Utah State, Mick Micket rup Tomorrow, Xavier and Illinois Right here on seven hundred WLW Troy up against Kentucky on ESPN fifteen to thirty. Troy Who Troy Trojan's high school basketball good luck to Aiken. They faced Louisville near Campton tomorrow at ud Arena for the Ohio Division three state championship.
Speaker 1: At one point thirty, do you think when you live in Louisville, Ohio, you have to constantly remind people it's Louisville, Ohio, not Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 9: Probably so. I think it probably gets tedious after a while, I would say so. But at least you have Grandpa's Cheese barn Is close by, so you could always go there.
Speaker 1: Well, you know all the little out of the way places around Ohio. I have a lot of time on my hands.
Speaker 9: Sick Bengals update brought to you my good Spirits and party town with thirteen locations conveniently in northern Kentucky. The Bengals are hosting veteran offensive lineman Lucas Patrick tomorrow in a free agent visit. I believe he played last with the Saints, said Dan Patrick's I don't know. Red's update Reds and Royals today three thirty five Coming up, Barnell Carriers inside Pitch Fox Sports thirteen sixty one week from today, ken Brew opening Day, Bingo Opening Day, Reds Giants twenty twenty five. It starts to count. Here we go, how about this? Yes he got here. Oh, the master's dinner is set for April eighth. The Master's right around the corner. Scotty Scheffler, Scottie Scheffler, the two time champ.
Speaker 1: He was right around the corners. Exactly. That's true. Yeah, that's true. You're right. Yeah, he won't won't forget that.
Speaker 9: The menu has Scotty Scheffler's couple of childhood's favorites, his father's meatballs and ravioli dish. The appetizer cheeseburger sliders served Scottie style with a with firecracker shrimp to kick off the evening. Does that is that when you come with a defibrillator? I don't know, maybe someone might need it. For the first course. You're going to enjoy Texas style chili, Oh Boy, heartburned City. The main course course, Yeah, thank you. The main course is a choice between wood fired Cowboy ribbi or black and red fish.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is not sounding good. This is sounding like this. Both served brew, both served in true Texas fashion. But you cook it yourself, including macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like the wagon trade the top off the evening.
Speaker 1: If you're there, that that far.
Speaker 9: Warm chocolate chip skillet cookie paired with vanilla bean ice cream, all in honor of the chap.
Speaker 1: And last rites performed by the Catholic Church in Mercy.
Speaker 9: That's great Mercy sakes. Yeah, what would you tell if you want to masters? What would you have on your menu? Well, I'd begin with.
Speaker 1: Some sort of soup like a lobster bisk okay, got to be good. And then I would have a salad. I would have some sort of salad like a chop salad or perhaps a Greek salad like maybe a freddy salad from Jeff Ruby's. That would be great, all right, Carlo and Johnny, but yes, absolutely, a freddy salad. And then I would go to and then after that I would have a choice. I would have a filet mignon, or if we used to call it back in the neighborhood, a flat magnan. And then I would also have.
Speaker 9: Some sort of fish, because I think fish is healthy, particularly a cold water fish like a salmon or something like that. All right, And then after that for dessert, I would have two things. I would have I would have.
Speaker 1: Like fruit, like a fruit berries with a very light whipped cream, and then afterwards I would have I don't know, maybe like everybody got like four or five shots at tequila and then some vodka afterwards. That way you drink the vodka that the achille brings the you have tequila a little burn, right, yeah, so you gotta have lightly to just to just kind of narrow it down, is what you did? A little burn then and later and then a little cappuccino to finish the night. Oh well, that's not bad. No, that's what I would do. But they probably don't have any of that. Augusta, Georgia. They can get it, they can say have you ever heard this song? Go ahead? I thought it was Jerry Reid again. No, you know the song busted Flat and then Janis Joplin. Yeah, oh yeah, waiting for rock and roll. It's unbelievable. Seg forty four years ago today, No, stop me, stop me while I'm hot hold it fifty four years ago today. Yes, this was the number one song in the country. How about that fifty four years ago today? How about that?
Speaker 9: Written by Chris Christofferson, a great songwriter right there, Ken Brew and.
Speaker 1: A guy that owned a record label in Nashville by the name of Fred Foster. A lot of people think he wrote this song about Janis Joplin, but he didn't. He wrote it about Fred Foster's secretary, whose name was Bobby McKee Kate Ee. And of course Janis Joplin took this to number one year after her death. Seg I just play this because I like Christofferson and I like Joplin, and today was an excuse to play it. How about had hit it? Like about four songs that Jerry Springer could sing at a bar and this was one of them. And you have been there. You got to have some bliquor to make it sound good.
Speaker 9: That's maybe anthter your Master's dinner. You can have a singalong off Terry Oki.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see Janis Joplin's Greatest Hits, an album that came out in seventy three. There's there's a picture of Joplin on a motorcycle and it's in a park and the park is Eden Park, and she's on a motorcycle that her boyfriend gave her and it was literally a Cincinnati photographer took the picture how about that? And gave it to her agent. Now, this is about three or four months before Joplin DIESKA. She was a concert in Indianapolis and then the next night or two nights letter she was in Louisville. So she stopped off in Cincinnati because she had a boyfriend in Cincinnati. And so she's just killing time at summer fair in eden Park and the photographer said can I take your picture? And she said yeah, And then the agent was there and he says, hey, can I have the film? He goes, yeah, you can have the film. And and that's how that picture. I know this because the guy called me one day on the air. How about that? Yeah, absolutely unbelievable. Any So, there's a lot of there's some things in there. You can win a bar bat with you. That's why you're a musical genius. I'm Casey Kasem. And keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. There you go. It's all out of control, Sid, It's absolutely out of control. So we've got Illinois and Xavier tomorrow night, correct, right? Or like about the nine nine fifteen that's up in Millwalk. You've got UK tonight right again.
Speaker 9: Tomorrow from UK's tomorrow with Troy the Trojans at seven o'clock e ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: So they're not they're not interfering with each other. You could watch the UK game, then you could watch the Xavier game. You would think that would time out pretty much. What a Friday night. What a Friday night. So I'm I'm I'm stoked, as I like to say.
Speaker 5: For all of this.
Speaker 9: It's right, It's March Madness is underway, Ken brewis right. Now, let's go get did you get your bracket in for the illegal gambling that's being conducted?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't do that stuff. I never I can't figure that stuff out. I mean, it was like ten bucks of bracket and then for some reason, there's no tax on it if you win. So yeah, it seems to me that there might be a problem. I'm not suggesting that. No, No guy, the FBI, which is located just a building away from this, investigate, but I'm just saying we'll come here first. I didn't fill out a bra I didn't fill it on it. I didn't fill one out either. No, no, no, not me, no FBI.
Speaker 9: Let's see halftime, Ken Brew, it is Houston fifty two. Yeah, And as soon as they play this replay for the eighteenth time, fifty two to twenty four, Houston up fifty nine seconds to go, Purdue leeds high points seventy one to sixty.
Speaker 1: That one is in the bag. I think, yeah, say get us out of the Stewoge Report. It's been an honor working with you. I don't know what americ, ken Brew, You're on your own tomorrow.
Speaker 9: I have no idea what's happening to more, neither do I, ken Brewie, thank you, and March Madness is underway.
Speaker 1: It is with Ted McKay. We leave you with the immortal words of the stew Report.
Speaker 9: Make it easy now, or I'll predict that you'll get stuck on a roof in Indian Hill like that boob on the radio, who, by the way, lost marbles years ago.
Speaker 1: Who's he talking about? I have no idea. It might be the same guy that's stealing octagenarians money on a golf course as we speak.
Speaker 9: No, he's waiting for the It's it's almost three o'clock, can Brew. What are you talking about? Oh, it's it's exactly. That's where they have the roast beef, mashed potatoes and uh and suck attash tonight with a free drink on Thursday.
Speaker 1: At one of the cafeterias down there we have, like Morrisonso someplace where they take every single part of the meal and throw it into a blendering brogwery it rolls in butter optional. Then you just drink it. You just drink it.
Speaker 9: You've been there then, not quite on my way? Good working, Yes, there can brewcee you later, take care of the.
Speaker 1: See you later, everybody, see you well, No, I got a I'm here to all three seven hundred w welw. You know, as you get older in life, you start to realize things you didn't know when you were much younger. Man, You know that there are certain ways to live your life, certain ways you shouldn't live. You know you shouldn't live your life, and you also have to adhere to philosophies. This is one of the philosophies I've adhere to, and that's why I step aside at this hour and make way for two titans of broadcasting. That would be Eddie Fingers and Rocket Jay Boyman, who just happens to be standing by to join me. Here in studio, Rocket, how are you on this glorious day. I'm wonderful, Ken, how are you? If there's any better, Rocky, I would be you. That's how I have two questions. One sport. One's political. Number one. I'm glad to see that Jamar Chase and t Higgins sign. That's great. You know what, the Bengals finally spent some money and this is wonderful and it's going to be wonderful and all that. But my other concern is Duke Tobin said about three weeks ago at the combine, I just don't want to spend more money for the team I had last year, And by a large he's got the team he had last year for a hell of a lot more money. Yeah, they still need guards, they still need at least the way I look at I need another couple of linebackers and they probably could use another safety. So how are all these positions going to magically appear when you only have six draft choices this year? Well that's the thing. You got to prey on the draft.
Speaker 12: And yeah, you're bringing back essentially everybody from a team that went what nine to eight last year? And I agree with the signing because I don't the Bengals aren't loaded with top tier players, so that you got to keep the ones you have, So I think it had to be done. But I mean, look, we always kind of circle back to this, don't we ken is the fact that the Bengals have missed on some drafts, especially on the defensive side of the ball. The strategy we always we all knew what it was. It was we got Joe Burrow, we got the piece no one else can seem to find. We got him, got it, we got explosive offense. Will pay them, but let's keep the defense cheap by getting in rookie contract guys, but guys that'll produce early in their career, and that hasn't happened, buy and large, and that's that's a big problem. It's the reason why the Eagles were so successful this year, and we saw it front and center in the Super Bowl. I mean, most of all their players were all homegrown guys that they drafted, and they drafted well. So then when you draft well, you can go spend big money on a Saquon Barkley or and AJ Brown or those kind of players. So it comes back to drafting well and the Bengals hopefully got to figure this one out.
Speaker 1: Well, for every Burrow, Higgins and Chase, you got Miles Murphy, and you got Joseph Sign, you got Sign Zach Carter. I mean, all right, here's my other question. Yes, so there are six hundred and seventy five federal judges in this country, all running around in their black robes. We got about forty here in the Greater Cincinnati area, twenty four to twenty five of which are active judges. If every one of those federal judges starts deciding that they're going to stick their nose into politics and how the American political system, foreign and domestic, conducts business, we're going to have absolute chaos. And yesterday I thought John Roberts, who never disappoints, had an opportunity to say something and he didn't. Rather than condemning Trump and whoever wants to have a judge impeached, he should have kept his mouth shut or said something like, yes, we need to figure out who does what judicially in this country because if we don't, we're just going to have mass chaos. Would you agree? I would absolutely agree. It's you know, activist judges.
Speaker 12: Trump has had what are a record amount of injunctions placed on him in his short term here.
Speaker 1: Well, he's had He's had fifty nine between Trump one and what we have now.
Speaker 12: Which is which is yeah, which is more than Joe Biden had in four years, which is more than Barack Obama had in eight years.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I think everyone can see the game plan.
Speaker 12: The game plan is to you know, when you're when you're not on the side of where most American people are, you got to just cause chaos. And they're hoping to just gum up the works, get the court system involved, and you know, Trump's gonna win most of these injunctions, but you know, the court system takes time, and they're hoping that they just wear down this president. Well, guess what I got news for you. I don't think he's gonna wear down. I think he's gonna keep going at it with you know, the amazing energy that he has, and you know, you got to it might take a little more time, but I think the things will come his way, and hopefully there's there's an example set there where you know, they always argue about you know, you know, Elon Musk and unelected bureaucrats having a say in the government. Well, a lot of these judges are doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't elect them, did you. No, I don't remember voting for any of these people. Well I do know this. You and Eddie are next, and it's the highlight, the zenith, if you will, of the broadcast. So I am going to shut up and listen and do the things that every listener in this area should do, and listen to two titans of broadcasts, extrapolate like no one else, and you'll hear it here on seven hundred w WELW