Speaker 1: I'm gonna head down there. Yeah, have a goal then yeah you just too know. Yeah yeah with after whin I show you're gone ruin it. Except with sis we pursuing it. Tunneled out Shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling that day?
Speaker 2: Eagle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing it. Bring your clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status Howard starting kid Crattit shows that enough multiply like a rabbit. Tu then so out creak it up, beat the habit. I won't Now with my friend rocking on the radio, my hon on noiskinkin talking on the radio, It's time to do this wants again. All here we go. Katie just steaming up and ah Yes, Happy hump day everybody.
Speaker 3: It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. I'm Ben Rogers, joined by my close personal homie since nineteen eighty two, Jeff skin Wade. Hello, the Pride and joy of only Texas, Kevin Kat Turner Howdy and one of the members of the popular Nirvana cover band Oatmeal Pizza Christina k Ray Little Baby corn Bread Ray. Oh Yah, All hands on deck today. We're very excited about this show. It's going to be a good one. But I want to get things going by talking about one of my favorite topics, King Charles.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Just moments ago, I shared with my showmates here video of King Charles, and I knew I could not send it to them. And why couldn't I send you, guys social media clips? I never watch anything you sent me.
Speaker 1: The last time you sent me a video for the next month, all I got was the Jardians lady eating a bunch of noodles.
Speaker 5: To be fair, band, I don't click on any videos I get said.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, that's fair. Now, I don't click on the documentary trailers I send you.
Speaker 3: Sorry, So look are our timelines? Are our babies, like like we nurture them, we make them the way we want them. I get a lot of AI kind of you know gilf ai ai gilf and bathing suits, and I know you guys don't want that. Skin wants French documentaries about noodles. Christina wants to just see stuff about dogs, friendly dogs. KT wants, uh, I don't know what are you looking for out there? I don't really know, honestly, So he really you're up for grabs.
Speaker 1: You might like some of the.
Speaker 6: He wants something with limp energy.
Speaker 3: I did not send you guys this video because I know I knew you guys didn't want me to taint your algorithms. But while I was out of town, I was in Turks and Kkos, I was having an incredible time. Something kept appearing on my timeline, whether it was Facebook or Instagram wherever. And it was a dog, a dog named King Charles. And this I just showed you guys the video of this. And I'm curious if any of our listeners have stumbled across Key Charles. Because my family made fun of me because we were at a restaurant. We were having an incredibly overpriced dinner and I'm sitting there regretting, like, you know, my kids won't even eat this food and there it's so expensive. And the waiter was a pretty cool guy. He was from Turks, grown up there, his whole life, thick accent. And somehow social media came up and he goes, oh, what are you looking at? And I go, I don't know if you've seen this, but there's this dog named King Charles. And he goes, I've seen that dog. Yes, he goes, my whole timeline is that dog king Charles Wow, And so he knew all about it. Now, my son, who is also a bartender for his umbrewer investor, said that waiter's milking you, Dad. He's he's just trying to get a bigger tip, okay, And I was like, no, dude, he knew about the dog, like he talked about it being an alpha, so he knew. But anyways, I did not send this to you because I knew you guys wouldn't click on it. But I am captivated by this and I want to try to describe it to our sweet Eagle listener. But basically, there's this kennel and it's like a dog shelter, right, yeah, and there's like thirty dogs there or whatever, and there's one dog that is the alpha. And it doesn't even it kind of looks like a big, tall terrier. It just it's kind of furry. It's kind of handsome, cute dog. It doesn't look like a pitbull or anything. Yeah, but it is the ferocious alpha. And there will be a fight happening at this kennel and all these dogs are like showing something their teeth and rah.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna kill you dog. Now, I'm gonna kill you dog.
Speaker 3: And then King Charles just saunters up, doesn't show his teeth, doesn't get mad, and every dog cowers and rolls over. And then he goes to the biggest aggressor and he stands with his front paws on that dog's chest while that dog cowers. It's really interesting because he's definitely got a mutt quality to him, but he's a bigger mutt.
Speaker 6: But he does look like a sweet cuddle dog.
Speaker 3: But as you were you probably showed us five or six videos, and so there's one where there's narration, which I guess that's what your source material is, and then there's the other the social media phenomenon where people with funny voices narrate what's going on in videos. So yeah, so there's all these offshoots of it. But as I was watching this trying to figure out, because you didn't give us any contexts, and so immediately I'm like, man, I don't want to watch this. And then as we start watching it and it's just more and more badass. I'm trying to figure out, Okay, what am I watching? What is the origin of this? How did this happen, and it struck me. For those you know, at least our age. I don't know if you guys grew up reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and the CS Lewis stuff. Yeah, the way that I would describe King Charles is he's very much like Oslon in the Land of Narnia. He is a christ Like figure that rules through compassion but also conviction, like in what you showed. I never saw King Charles destroy another dog. They just, as one commentator called it, his aura was so strong it was borderlines spiritual, and the other dog's like, oh my god. I know I could have this guy up, but this is a christ dog and I'm immediately rolling out. So he was like Oslon and the Lion, the Witch in the Wardrobe, it's insane.
Speaker 5: A christ dog.
Speaker 1: What do you make of it? Christina?
Speaker 5: I mean basically what he said Like that, one guy mentioned that dog has an aura, and he was exactly right. Every time King Charles showed up, those dogs wol immediately stop fighting. It's kind of like when your dad shows up too, and you're like fighting with your siblings, right, You're like, oh crap, Dad's here.
Speaker 1: Yep, we're good.
Speaker 5: We got this, and then if they wouldn't, he would just, you know, kind of step on their neck. Picture like, hey, you're stopping this right now, we're not doing this. So he's kind of an aggressive peacemaker.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that, an aggressive piece maker like Omar from the Wire kind of to tone it down when Omar was coming right whistled right.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. So does this earn me some credibility with you? Guys? If I send you something, will you know to go?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, you know he's got an animal on it. Maybe, yeah, you know the liver king. Really that was a one.
Speaker 6: You're hot right now? Oh hot, you're hot.
Speaker 1: But man, it's kind of like lou Dort getting hot, you know what I'm saying, Like, all right, we're not going to base our offense around this. But yeah, he's knocking out some threes. This is good. There you go, There you go.
Speaker 3: I hit it out the park. And that's a little finals preview for you. Okay, this is the dumbest show on Earth. I love it all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Skin, we're gonna take us in things.
Speaker 3: Skin is tracking well, I got a lot to juggle, But part of it is I just love to take kt to task, and I need you guys to go along with me on this because y'all are all probably in his bunker to some degree.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna see if I can pull you out of it. Track.
Speaker 1: Another edition of things is tracking.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, Steve. This is an interactive segment with the other three members of the show. I'll start with you, Christina. Have you seen all ten episodes of the Studio I have? All right, and thoughts.
Speaker 8: I loved it.
Speaker 5: I absolutely loved every single episode.
Speaker 6: Okay, Ben, did you finish it?
Speaker 1: I have. I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: I thought it was incredibly artistic, beautifully shot and executed, and a fun watch as well. Kevin, I know that you have watched all the episodes. You were very early on the champion of this show. And if I remember correctly, don't let me put words in your mouth or any other thing I want to in your mouth. If I remember correctly, part of your excitement over this was their commitment to what people will call long takes, long moving tracking shots that are uninterrupted by editing, all right, and that was part of what you're excited about afterwards.
Speaker 1: More, Okay, I remember when you read it, when we talked about it on the air.
Speaker 6: I was excited about the then trying it. I didn't realize they would do it the whole season.
Speaker 1: Okay, but then hearing seth Rogen talk about it afterwards okay, also got me like it made me feel things.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's good. No, I want you to feel things.
Speaker 3: Okay, after having expectations going in and watching the show, and then now taking the whole show in.
Speaker 1: What are your after shows thoughts? I love It's my favorite thing I think on TV in the last ten years. Yeah, I'm not and that sounds very superlative, but like just the meta commentary happening.
Speaker 3: I love all that, the meta commentary. I like where this is going. Kevin, I'm very excited about this. Oh god, no, no, no, no no. And let me just say I'm.
Speaker 1: Tone said something. I didn't like it detected something. I am only halfway through the show so far. I look forward to finishing it.
Speaker 3: My wife is not on board with it, so that makes it a little more difficult, tough, and last night I could have watched it, but instead I forced her to watch episode one of season two of I Think you should leave Now? Why do you think I wanted her to watch that. You guys remember that episode. Oh, I don't remember which one, and there's been three seasons.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's the literary chokes on the hot dog in the meeting to start it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was just dying for her to see Carl habit, Wait, you canceled lunch? You think you can do that?
Speaker 3: And then he throws up on the backpack that he said he almost tripped over, and he goes, I have to put my head down, and he lays it. But she just she didn't understand friendship, and I wanted to give her additional context. And so as we're watching, she goes, I don't understand where this person came from. That was her only commentary. So anyway, so I did not pick it back up. But let me just say, of the first five episodes, I really liked four of them, and I will finish the studio. I'm excited about it. But as I been, what happens and I think Christina is guilty of this too. What happens from the person sitting across from me. Anytime I bring up a classic film from the past that you absolutely have to watch, what do you what tone would you say that I get from him, it's very dismissive and boomer. He's like acknowledging that you're a boomer, right, but yet and I agree with that.
Speaker 6: He agreed with it too.
Speaker 3: And somehow, when I just asked him what he enjoyed most about one of what he called the best show of the last ten years, he talked about how meta it was. Now, let me just say, as I'm watching this show, every episode is based on a famous film, great and the level of stuff.
Speaker 5: You see this that is really cool.
Speaker 1: I had no idea, like, did you realize when they did the Noir thing about Olivia stealing her own real that that was Chinatown?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And there's actually one of the most important moments in the episode is when he delivers the exact line that's delivered to Jake in Chinatown. Forget about it, Jake, it's Chinatown like the level to which you would love the show that you already love even more if you knew all that was going on with it.
Speaker 1: And all you have to do is watch these dumb movies. I'm telling you to watch. It will enrich your watching experience tenfold.
Speaker 3: This reminds me me have a dad trying to connect with this teenager who has no interest in connecting.
Speaker 6: It's exactly, it's not that at all.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, but he's gonna come back in fifteen years.
Speaker 6: He's got to go. Man, I finally saw those movies and my God.
Speaker 1: At your funeral, at my funeral, and my at my funeral, I'm gonna fall out.
Speaker 6: Of my coffee, neked.
Speaker 1: How often does that happen? Yes, all the time, all the time, actually all the time, admittedly, And I've been trying to do better about this. Uh, movies, it has always been a weak spot for me in general. Yeah, especially classic movies, movies that you guys probably grew up with. Has always been a weak spot for me. But you have a reputation that precedes yourself here.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 1: What about all those years when I was rant and raven about community and how almost every single episode is a tribute to a movie that you have seen in the past, and you Nevor went and gave it a shot.
Speaker 4: Now I did.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, I haven't held up your end of the bar. I bet I've seen coming in my bed. I've seen do you say that to come? I gotta come back days? I bet I've seen at least five episodes of Community. In fact, I watched it when it was on and I was like, man, I just can't watch this racist Chevy Chase. The guys at Spectrum told me I was a hack. They told me that at a dinner. Anyways, we're gonna pick this up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna finish watching it, but let's just say so far nine out of ten it's right.
Speaker 1: Recommendation, Kevin, that's great, right, well done, well done, and it ends with a nice thought for Kevin. Jersey News Hot God every stay on the top in they wood shovel wood Shoffer Man, I didn't see myself doing a Roseanne story this week, but here we are. She's seventy two, and in a new interview on Fox, of course, she says that she always wanted to live in Texas, so she's now living that dream living in Texas. Send the story. She said that while recently mowing her property, her tractor fell on top of her and trapped underneath the tractor.
Speaker 2: What the heck?
Speaker 6: Quote, I'm doing a lot of mowing. I've got a really fantastic tractor out here, and I'm mowing. But I've had several injuries recently. I had this one tree. I guess it was two nights ago. I knocked it at A great big old branch fell rut of my head, trapped me and my tractor. Now I do know someone who has died from a tractor falling on them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're rounded by death. No, I mean this is I mean this happens. I remember, it's just tough. This is this was not uh, this is. This is an older guy, but Frank, it's I always worry about, like anyone mowing a bunch of land and it's like not smooth land. Obviously, the mower flips and the blade gets you kind of crushed. I think this one crushed him. These mowers are huge.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it spills over and then lands on you, kind of like this snowmobile thing for the Yeah, Jerry Renner, Yeah yeah. By the way, there's a new Marvel out of here. It's nuts.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see it. You don't know my schedule, Christina Freebingo got it in here. You got it, so she says, you don't know my schedule. I guess it was two nights ago.
Speaker 6: I knocked it and a great big old branch fell right on my head and trapped me in my tractor. So, oh, she's got a cabin, dude.
Speaker 1: Of course, and I would imagine she does.
Speaker 6: She's got the nicest of all tractors. But don't say it hit my head. It hit the top of the tractor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, but then she said it took her an hour to move the tree inch by inch before.
Speaker 1: She was able to flip it over.
Speaker 6: She's seventy one, seventy two, seventy two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you said you still would, Kevin, There's not a chance you couldn't pay me enough money, because I mean, what would you do it with. There's no way interaction? Are you talking about mowing? Still? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is she kind of quacky when she talks?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm seventy to you now, I'm a domestic goddess. I hated she said, I said, my mighty prayersould always work. I said, come on, God, I'm seventy two years old. I just want to be able to harness all this strong rush and energy that I know I still have in there. And then I just flipped it over. Man, I always imagine she smells like TV dinner farts.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt, dude, There's no doubt. If you had five jars of fart? Could you identify the origin of each one?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, didn't they do that on the Woody Show. Didn't try to guess whose fart it was? They always do. Yeah, there's that's a farting group of.
Speaker 3: Ie trying to their whole crew wears all black to Texas heat and so that probably has some fart.
Speaker 1: Radios Man, where was their eagle shirt? That was funncking out with them though. So when it comes to mowing, have you guys ever been in one of those big tractors? Uh?
Speaker 6: I don't think I have no.
Speaker 3: I know, like Travis Frederick has such a huge amount of land in Wisconsin because he's a gazillionaire, and I know he talks about loving to get out there on that tractor because they go and they they're they're fun to ride and he's just in his own space and it takes a long time and he enjoys that alone time.
Speaker 1: Air conditioner music, you know, he pop in on like it's a good the cabin is good. But they go fast now too, and he do some zero turns. They're pretty badass.
Speaker 7: What is it is?
Speaker 1: John Deere still the leader Couboat has made a big, big rise. It's been They've been on a good run. Couboat has been on a good run.
Speaker 3: Now they fell off. Chipotle took over for them, but then they surged in the tractors.
Speaker 1: That's Kudoba. Yeah, ye hey. Add that to the places I've never eaten at though, along with red lobster at Olive Garden.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, Rinda Kodova, red lobster is going to be gone, and you're gonna regret not having those scheddar biscuits.
Speaker 6: We can get them though, you know you can give it the store.
Speaker 1: It's not the same.
Speaker 3: You just talked about that like it was. And one day you're gonna say I love his record. I've been listening I'm doing for years and I think you's fabulous.
Speaker 1: So I want to tell you guys a little bit of about a situation at my house involving my lawnmower. Okay, this should be interesting. I tried to get out before the rain and mow. I was actually trying to get this done Monday night, and it's like I needed to do an oil change on my mower.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm already. My brain is already in three other places, like I've wondered off. Then I go, you guys following this rick player doo. So then I go, I get the oil. This is yesterday morning, and I put a bunch of oil in there and then mix it with the gas. It's separate.
Speaker 1: Is this a prank? No, it's not, Frank. So now I'm mowing. This is yesterday morning. There's even this red cardinal that keeps coming into my backyard as well. Interesting. As I'm mowing in the backyard, white smoke starts coming out of my lawnmower, and I'm like, Jesus, I knew, Pope already. You didn't mix it with oil. Yeah, you're supposed to do that. Oil is supposed to be a mix. No, no, not on the mile, Okay, yeah, I looked it up.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I haven't mowed in twenty years.
Speaker 1: When I did it. What I did is I put too much oil in, so I had to go get a siphon out. And I'm mowing before as I see the clouds and I'm just getting it done. And that's your Roseanne story. That was really good, Thank you.
Speaker 3: It turned into sucking oil out of a lawnmar all right. Coming up next in the cubby hole, a KT is bringing books back single hand to leave man. You were just telling that Rosy o'donald story a second ago, Kat Roseanne. Oh yeah, Roseanne. I can't remember if this punchline is Roseanne or Rosie o'donald. But I get all these Norm McDonald clips on my phone, and there was one where he was imitating super Dave Osborne and he had his voice down exactly and he was talking about super Dave of Osborne, you know, going to him and saying, all right, fourth and one, no time left.
Speaker 6: You have to get a touchdown. Do you give it to Jim Brown?
Speaker 1: Do you give it to O? J. Simpson?
Speaker 6: So it's Norm talking right See they go, okay, here's an O. J.
Speaker 1: Simpson joke.
Speaker 3: Or do you give it to Emit Smith? Because me, I give it to Rosio don And right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Cobby dear I News Control. You never know what Coby.
Speaker 1: Thunder was rolling last night. More on that in the next hour. So look, uh, I've been I'm a big reader. Now I'm an avid reader. All right, you start the Andrew Luck book Club, but I have not. It was weird to see these books. I don't know about to mention in the Andrew Luck Book Club. Okay, he seemed like a guy I went to Stanford, kind of smart guy that he wouldn't uh go down this path.
Speaker 6: But there's an author by the name of Kwan Mills, the mysterious Mills.
Speaker 1: Kwan Mills has a Z on the end of his name, and this has been getting a little traction online les social media following. Now authors have to use social media to promote other stuff too. I guess this is all everyone's in fit for the Selves mode right here, right, and you just hope that the algorithm shines on you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Kwan Mills has got some really good premises for his books. I haven't dove in yet, but I've been on good Reads considering adding these to my cart reads. The one that got my attention the most of I mean he's got a ton is the book This Hoe Got Roaches in Her Crib, which I can only imagine is uh.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming I would read that Austin Watkins thirty five, a single father finds himself in a precarious situation.
Speaker 1: And ends up going home and finds out that this hoe got roaches in her crib. So that's pretty good, right, Okay, please explain this to me. These are actual books that were published. Oh and these are not like little short books. These are long books, audiobooks, you know. I'm sure there are now yeah, maybe, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: This hoe Got Roaches in Her Crib is thirteen seventy eight on Amazon paperback.
Speaker 6: Yeah, three ninety nine on good Reads. That's it's pretty solid, you know.
Speaker 1: But now uh oh wow, this one's good. Tax season thoughts? Uh huh you know which is that hoe over there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's a tax season.
Speaker 6: Tax season, My bad Spanish bitch. This is one I was just actually I was spoiler?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 6: This will be when I'm getting y all for Christmas?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Pregnant by my gay stepdaddy? Oh god, my god. Please tell me more about the origin of all of this. The guy's an author, he's writing stories. What do you mean the origin? What else do you need to know?
Speaker 3: You wants shocking headline titles to his books, and I'm assuming the narrative is filled with language like this too. Did you guys see the movie American Fiction that was nominated for Academy Awards a couple of years ago. Ever got to Jeffrey Wright, though, yes, Jeffrey Wright, and he's an overly educated African American man, and they no longer won his books. And once he starts putting like crazy slaying in it, then suddenly he's the most celebrated author, and all these white people are talking about his real language. Oh it's it's genius. Yeah, I've not seen it. It looks good, it's really funny. Yeah, crack Hoe dreams.
Speaker 1: Okay, these are the kind of books that are in American fiction. I'm telling you this one. Pastors eat this too. Oh God, that does not sound like a religious manuscript.
Speaker 6: Ummmm, this is a tough one. But in honor of Pride Month, Christina, don't put her in the title of this. This is described as a dangerous Chicago love story. I got both my homeboys pregnant.
Speaker 1: Have you bought any of these? Not yet? Dude, pick one, get it. I'll read it and do a book report. Yeah, you're not going to read it's like three hundred pages. No I do.
Speaker 3: I can pound three hundred pages. I'm going on a flight, all right. I'm going on a flight in July. Give me a month and a half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, reading that on a plane is worse than been watching Naylan Palin on the plane.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have to read it out loud. No, that's part of the bit. I have to read this book aloud on a flight.
Speaker 6: In this cover of that book, two of the Homeboys do have baby bumps.
Speaker 1: It's very strange. Oh my god, very strange. So Kwan Mills is the next author that you need to keep your eyes with. Good job.
Speaker 3: Kevin Katie is an avid reader. He's bringing books back, all right. Coming up next, This is pretty interesting. Are the Mavericks about to lose j kid? We got some sports again into very much looking forward to that. Also, some huge news for Christina because truck nuts might soon be banned.
Speaker 1: What is she gonna do? She's the only person I've ever known who had truck nuts on her car.
Speaker 3: Graduated from Crandall High School with truck nuts hanging right there from the car.
Speaker 1: Bet, I don't remember that part.
Speaker 6: You aren't gambling in high school.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Now, let's go around the sports KTD tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 6: Ye, So there's a little gossip going around in the NBA world.
Speaker 1: Basically, yesterday the Knicks fired their head coach Tom Thibodeau, Tibbs, the Tibby, and then there's a little stuff going on d LLS. The first report that the Knicks are interested in the Mavericks Jason Kidd to be their next head coach. He guess that'd be Mark Stein over at DLLs as well.
Speaker 3: If Stein is getting it, it's awesome, Like it's rock solid information, especially considering how far back he goes with Kid. I'm shocked by this because, first of all, I didn't think you would fire your coach unless you knew who you were gonna replace him with. So to go ahead and fire him a guy that's gotten them further than that anyone's gotten him in the last twenty years, right, Yeah, to not know who it's gonna be or else they think they can get Kid or I don't.
Speaker 1: But how odd is it to say we want your coach? Like it's not that odd.
Speaker 3: That seems odd to me, Like it just doesn't seem like a common practice. Say you know what, we fired our coach. We're now gonna go take your coach and you can't stop us.
Speaker 6: A contract.
Speaker 3: I know, Yeah, but it's like that just seems odd that that would be the first report we want this team's coach, and with the Mavericks even entertained that. So here's why, presumably here's why everyone thinks this is why.
Speaker 1: Wait what?
Speaker 3: So basically here's how the whole Nick thing came about. So the Knicks are run by a guy named Leon Rose. We've told Lee rose story before. The very first client Leon Rose had coming out of college, coming out of Temple was a Temple point guard named Rick Brunson.
Speaker 6: Rick Brunson.
Speaker 3: Had a son named Jalen Brunson, and Rick Brunson was on the staff in Minnesota under head coach Tom Thibodeau. Rick Brunson had some accusations of some sexual improprieties and so he got sent out of the league for a little while. But he was living in Dallas when Jalen was here, and remember we talked about this, he was making a lot of noise.
Speaker 1: My son's not.
Speaker 3: Coming back here now unless you back up the brinkstruck because he knew with Leon Rose running things in New York and Tom Thibodeau being the coach. In fact, if you remember, the Knicks got charged with tampering, you guys are now, so it's all in the family. Rick Brunson as an assistant coach for the New York Knicks. I would assume whoever takes over for Thibodeau has to keep Rick Brunson on staff, because that'd be weird to fire your best player's dad from the staff. But Rick Brunson was a package deal with Tom Thibodeaux. And again, Leon Rose's very first client in the NBA, before Lebron James was his client was Rick Brunson. So this is all like this, So everyone's like, man, I don't understand all this. One of the knocks on Thibodeaux is that he runs players into the ground, and so I don't know, like Jalen Brunson very much had Thibodeau's back, but I don't know if Michale Bridges did. I don't know if Karl Anthony Towns did. You know, Katie, you brought up an interesting point where you were talking about the head coach.
Speaker 6: Of the Stars to Bor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and right now there's all these reports that the players are going the ownership going hey, what's up with this guy he let Otter hang out to. Well, I don't know that he's the coach for us. Well, you can almost draw a parallel with Thibodeau. Karl Anthony Towns is like, how did we lose Game two with me sitting on the bench for nine minutes in the fourth quarter?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: This is a tricky deal, is Thibodeau? He gets run out of town pretty quickly a lot of times because Debor's got that reputation. Three four years of a spot and then he's out because he's a hard ass.
Speaker 5: You know what it is?
Speaker 3: It's four and five years with Thibodeaux and the main players like him. But the main thing is that, like Michel Bridges, I'd have to go back to March or whatever. He's like, why did I play forty four minutes in this game? I don't understand. And that happens with all the Tibbs players. They get they get ground down. So then who is the guy that put Jalen Brunson's well being ahead of the overall team in his contract year? How many times did we hear Jason Kidd say my job is to get him the biggest contract he can get, right, right, right? Jay Kid and Joe and Rick Bronson knows it, okay, right, So here's what I would say.
Speaker 1: They would I have to know that it would even be a possibility to help. I'm sure they talk. I'm sure they talk all the time.
Speaker 3: Like I can tell you guys a story of after a mav game before Jay Kidd coached here Man, I was standing in the back of the tunnel with Ja Kid Jamal Mosley about forty five minutes after a game, and we were I was just I wasn't there.
Speaker 6: I mean, I wasn't talking. I was listening. They were talking strategy for like half an hour.
Speaker 1: It was amazing.
Speaker 3: And I'm just sitting So what I'm saying is and to be and to be clear, like it wouldn't hurt Ja Kid for this to be out. It was amazing for Jakid Jake Kids now like and and really like he can go. A lot of this has to do with his relationship with Dumont, A lot of it has to do with his relationship with his players, A lot of it has to do with his relationship with Nico And how much how much footing do all these guys have, right Like, how ensconced are they in the Mavericks' future plans. If the Mavericks are not dead set that they want Jason Kidd for the next decade or whatever, and they're like, man, we can do this with anybody. If Nico's thinking that, I'd love to go pimpa first round pick out of the Knicks. Now I'd have to go look and see what they have because they traded everything away to put this team together. But Jay Kidd may want to go coach the Knicks, or he may go to Dumont and say, man, look, I'm red hot right now. I'd love it if you guys gave me an extension. And it's it's also like, what is what do the Mavericks want moving forward? They still have an inexperienced ownership, Yeah, they do. Is Nico have firm ground to stand. I've heard a lot of people like fans go, now's the time to fire Nico start over, And I'm like, but dude, don't Kai and ad love They love it, So you can't do that.
Speaker 1: So you could do it, but I mean you might risk losing Kyree can opt out and leave now he's not going to he's got a knee injury. But anyways, but the players love Jkin two right, All players love ja Kid right.
Speaker 3: So anyway, it's just a fascinating situation. I think there's probably more heat there than just while speculator right. I had somebody reach out to me on social media yesterday and they were very upset about something I said about Luca and coming up in just three minutes, I'm going to tell you what that was.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere. That's coming up next.
Speaker 3: And we have a brand news segment sponsored. It's the Twisted Root Burger Company and they have spent the last six months revamping their menu and they are back at it with delicious half pound burgers that are truly unique. They have a whole build your own burger menu now where you pick the protein and all the toppings. Hell, they even have custom pickles that are dope. And on top of that, if you go into any of the Twisted Root Burger companies here in town, you're gonna be able to mention the ben and skin show and get ten percent off. That's amazing and arguably this is the best burger in the history of Dallas fort Worthy.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 3: It's in the discussion, and you get to craft your own burger, you get to be the shift.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, on top of that, man, they also have all their old regular burgers on the menu as well. They have amazing menu options, and man, the only thing that they care about more than burgers.
Speaker 6: Is a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 3: Go check him out all over the Metroplex, Carrollton, Copel, Deep Elmeise, Plano, Bedford, Arlington and Mansfield. It is the Twisted Root Burger Company. Now, Ben, you're talking about someone online giving you hell recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's friendly fire, but it's it's somebody was really disappointed in me. And look, this has to do with Luca. I don't know if you guys are seeing all the pictures of Luca. He's like in the best shape of his life. I saw one where he was sitting on the baseline at a game over there in Europe, and then of course I saw.
Speaker 6: Him on the Mind of the Game podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, there's more and more coming out every day, and he just looks great. And I'm just the only thing that could have happened to get me over the Luca hump happened. Mavericks have the number one pick in the NBA Draft. It's just unprecedented. They have a young phenom to build around for the next fifteen to twenty years, which is what hurt the most about the Luca thing. So look, they got lucky for this to happen, for this to fall in their lap. But this is the only thing that could have taken to get me over this, right yeah, like right now, I don't know that I would trade Lucas straight up for Flag, Like Flag is seven years younger or whatever it is, six, seven years, whatever it is, eight maybe.
Speaker 1: How much in crazy?
Speaker 6: So he's well, he's about to turn nineteen.
Speaker 1: It's about to turn nineteen, and Lucas twenty six, twenty six, okay seven and a half. So I mean it's it helped me get over it.
Speaker 3: I've been a MAVs fan my whole life, and so yesterday I was just talking about it doesn't trigger me like it did initially when I see Lucas stuff. I don't get mad, I don't get upset or whatever. I've moved on. Trust me, I didn't plan on moving on. I didn't know if I was going to be a mad fan moving forward. I had all those irrational thoughts. I was really butt hurt. But I have moved on and I'm super excited about the future. And so a guy named Don Wood sent this on it's spell would like don Wood, don Wood, don Wood Reddit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so this was good. It was just friendly fired, he said Benjamin. I was stunned a little hurt, but trade even to hear you've moved on. Maybe it's just semantics.
Speaker 1: I think of it as having quote unquote accepted this new reality, but moving on as a non starter as long as he who shall not be named draws a paycheck from the organization. I still support the team, the players, and I'm excited to see what they can accomplish, but the infection in the front office must be rooted out before healing can even begin. Furthermore, we must be vigilant and vocal that any future success does not reflect on that megalomaniac. So basically, I know, and I respect the take, and you take it easy on me, But I'm just to a different place where I've moved on. I didn't plan on it. I don't know how it happened. But I'm so excited about Cooper Flagg and this new window that I'm not butt hurt about it anymore. And yeah, I think the Luca trades is the worst trade I've ever seen ever in history, but it's in the rear view mirror. Now.
Speaker 3: I mean it could be a terrible trade that has great results. Like there's side effects of trades. There's ripple effects, there's butterfly effect, whatever you want to call it. Like, the simple fact of the matter is is there's the trade, which we can talk about the merits of, and then there's the side effect of the trade brought in a guy, and then there was all these injuries that put them in a different position. Right, Like we're again, we're talking about everything that happens, and you can go back and talk about the alternate universe.
Speaker 6: It doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: There's so much talk about man the Mavericks would have totally won a championship this year, is like, really, how do you know what would have happened in April? Yeah, but there's a feeling that Niko has been bailed out by luck in the lottery and then that and that's permeating, and I think that goes away when someone experiences a good thing with Cooper Flag. Yeah, like mass fans won't get that until October probably, Yeah, until you've experienced something fun with him, it's gonna be real hard for a lot of people to let it go.
Speaker 6: I agree, And we were talking about this the other day.
Speaker 3: It's like, I think for most people, they'll realize it's good again and in February after football season's over, and they're gonna have missed all this great stuff already. And again, the bottom line for me is, for one, there's this this really instant concept that I'd never thought about.
Speaker 6: Is you were just you know, explaining all this. Do people plan out their emotions?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Like is that what we're doing here? Like I'm planning when I'm going to.
Speaker 6: Be over this, right?
Speaker 3: And like whatever emotions are generally a reaction to circumstances. Life happens and you react to it and you emote.
Speaker 1: And this getting the number one pick is like getting shack or Zion or whatever you know, or it's very exciting to get a player. It's it's it just doesn't happen. It happened one other time. Or Okay, well let's think Mark Aguire Troy Aikman went out like the number one pick for your team. When else has that happened?
Speaker 3: Like that's it's so stars, So what Madonna number one pick? But I was in Minnesota at the time, Like this, it just doesn't happen. In my lifetime. Yeah, it's happened two other times that I can think of. Uh huh, it's the most ridiculous thing that they got this pick. And dude, if you can't even pronounce the name of the guy who was the number one pick last year, Nah, that plays for the Atlanta Hawks, Like you got it in a year where he's amazed, where an amazing player was available.
Speaker 6: So it's exciting.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is is I'm just I mean, how often do people really think about the people in the front office, like you don't. I'm not saying I'm not absolving Nico or whatever, but it's like, you know, Nico made some really great trades, and he made that trade that everyone universally hates.
Speaker 6: I think he's done great with the draft.
Speaker 3: So there's an idea because he made this horrible trade that he'll never do anything good in the front office again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're screwed him, Like, well, what about all this other good stuff he did. We live in a town where people hated John Daniels took a team to championships. I get it, and Nico should get credit for helping take them to it. Jampa Jack. He certainly used it to do the things he wanted to do. Is he got more power.
Speaker 3: So I guess for me, I get it if you want to hold out, but you're probably gonna be missing the type of basketball that made you a fan in the.
Speaker 1: First place if you choose not to watch this. I'm so excited. I have a new lease on life.
Speaker 3: It's the one thing that like my son on vacation, she could tell if I was ever getting stressed out or down or anything, he would just bring up Cooper flag. And also, yeah, suddenly in a great mood, I love it all right. Coming up next, KT, where you gonna take us? In the news, quickie.
Speaker 1: The emergency bill in Idaho that everyone's talking about, and it does involve this. It's time for this. Give me that news, quickie.
Speaker 6: Man's good Idaho.
Speaker 1: We don't go there much weird reason for that. So the Idaho legislature has declared an emergency and then an emergency existed in the state, requiring it to immediately criminalize the public exposure of a any human breast except for breastfeeding or b The rest of the bill says toys or products or anyone who displays toys or products intended to resemble male or female gen To tell you, the concern about toyster products intended to resemble the human business is what has gotten the bill deemed now the truck nuts bill, which would be a good company though I'm truck nuts bill for a character. Yeah, here's a Idaho minority leader Melissa Wintrow quote. They're gross, they're offensive, and kids on the road see them. So why wouldn't the police get a call and say that offends me, pull it off the truck because now this bill will allow it. And I talked to the police and they said, indeed it was Christina used to have truck nuts. Why did you do it?
Speaker 5: Because we had some show beat that I lost, And so I was four staff truck nuts on my car and they fell off and because they were two big and they got run over.
Speaker 6: Dude, I got off on the bush, oh.
Speaker 1: Dude? And what was the bush?
Speaker 5: Wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Hey? Man?
Speaker 5: No, it really was because I lived in Garland at the time.
Speaker 1: Are you sure they didn't land on a landing strip? I'm not sure that. So I was reading this article. It says, however you feel about the bill, and what universe does this constitute an emergency. Were there signs that Idaho was about to collapse into ruin due to displays of the human breast or truck nuts? So probably not what we should be concerned with, but I thought that was funny.
Speaker 3: How do you guys feel about the public display of breast? I love it, dude, It's how God intended it.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 1: Adam and were naked. But naked you.
Speaker 3: Don't run into it very often. Are you talking about, like breastfeeding? Well, I just think it's interesting in this particular Bill, she's like, no display of public breast except for breastfeeding, which is an implication that if a breast is out and there's not immediately a baby getting a nourishment from it, it's sexual somehow, And in that immediate moment where the baby connects, it's no longer sexual.
Speaker 1: You follow me, like, it's just we're more hung up on it.
Speaker 6: Over here in Europe you can go boobs out at the beach, no one cares. Y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: But also people do a lot of flashing. Well, they used to at concerts, especially outdoor concerts. There would be girls flashing all the time. It's not a seal.
Speaker 6: Who's upset about that? Only women?
Speaker 1: No? Well, I'm saying, no, man is upset. Oh my god, I can't look a boob's out.
Speaker 3: Usually it's a Baptist minister, really that's upset about it.
Speaker 1: Protect I think it's a large woman that doesn't have her own complimentary set that people are interested in.
Speaker 6: Are the people still get mad about that? If someone's breastfeeding?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: I mean here in Texas, you're a lot of breastfeed in public. Why aren't you breastfeeding because it appear capable? If that is gross to you, do you prefer the baby to be crying? That's the worst thing. Is a baby crying way worse than someone feeding a baby in public. I'm really more.
Speaker 6: Interested in banning public babies.
Speaker 8: Stay home?
Speaker 6: Yeah to me, Yeah, keep that thing at home till it's.
Speaker 1: Three or four.
Speaker 6: I agree, Man, what do they gotta do?
Speaker 1: It's some good real world experience out there. They don't know anything. They can't unless you want to get away and bring it to the brewery. I'm okay with you now on the truck nuts. Any thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: I always thought it was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Oh, my truck's so big, it's gotten nuts. Like, it just looks like the dumbest thing. You're basically telling the world. I'm a straight up dumb ass. Well, the first guy who did.
Speaker 1: It's a genius. Why the first guy, because he's just doing a bit what you got a hen me? But then it kind of became a thing, and no one look at the thing. It's not as funny anymore.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 3: The truck nuts that we got for Christina were purchased at trucknuts dot com or whatever. The very first guy that did he just make some homemade ones. I don't know, like, how did What's the origin of the truck nut? You know what I'm saying, Like, how did it become a thing that you could buy it? You're right, Katie, there must have been one guy who just like, my truck's gonna big, I'm gonna put some nuts on it. It's a chicken egg situation. Did the concept exist before the product or what? Well, there's a big uh. Just a quick Google search just told me this.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Truck nuts in the form of custom made scrotum sacks, began appearing in the eighties. David Ham, the owner of Your Nuts dot com claims he saw a custom made pair at a rally.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it was custom first.
Speaker 1: And began commercially selling plastic truck nuts in nineteen ninety six. But another guy named John Solers of Bullsballs dot Com climes he was expired during a four x four off road trip in.
Speaker 6: Two thousand and two against selling him.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, and I know we gotta go. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: If they weren't human nuts and they were bowl truck nuts, is that illegal because bulls just under out in the pasture in public with their nuts out, have their nuts?
Speaker 1: What are they doing? We have to put bull underwear on. You gotta get underwear for bulls. Go bull underwear. That's an emergency. Get on it now.
Speaker 8: All right, all right, good stuff, that is true. It is good for you.
Speaker 1: Uh. Even though today is June fourth, we do like to look back and look at the month that was on the show in the form of good laughs and screw ups and that type of thing.
Speaker 6: Let's start with Big Ben Rogers.
Speaker 1: Hi big Man said a word weird here the Obama Hope poster versus I p A s. That's great. Oh, that's so good.
Speaker 2: Williamsburg versus Chipotle? Were Chipotle? Chipotle?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: I have to if I go to Chipotle whatever you called it, I have to have I got to make sure that there's a bathroom in between my car and the front door of Chipotle.
Speaker 6: Really, it's instant. It's like my wife goes.
Speaker 3: I guess that's just too much healthy fiber for you to possibly comprehend in your diet.
Speaker 6: Pretty good Chipotle story.
Speaker 1: From what did I say? Chipotle Williamsburg versus Chipotle?
Speaker 2: What that.
Speaker 6: Christina didn't give you a second?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Christ williams Burg versus Chipotle.
Speaker 1: She was nice enough to give him a Yeah, she didn't understand the matchup at first.
Speaker 5: Why did you.
Speaker 1: Somewhere?
Speaker 2: Ye, Williamsburg versus Chipotle. M that is a loaded him when a when a woman goes, hmm, there's so much happening.
Speaker 1: Then play that get up to them. Yeah, Williamsburg versus Chipotle. Then this happened while you were gone last week. But me and Christina could not believe that skin did not know what this candy was. So before I play this clip, I would like to ask you, do you know what a laffy taffy is? Okay, I know what taffy is? Laughy taffy. It's just a gas station wrapped up taffy, right, and what's their bit? I don't know their bit?
Speaker 6: Okay, I feel vindicator. That is go ahead. There's always a joke on the laughing taffy.
Speaker 1: Are we all find jokes on him?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: You're right?
Speaker 6: Do you not know this?
Speaker 1: I really don't know what laughy taffy is. What I mean, it's like it is it like pixie sticks or something? No, it's not all like pix sticks sugar? No, what are you talking about? I am close? Man?
Speaker 6: Is it like an all and later? No, all you guys are sowing?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's taffy and it makes you laugh because it's got a joke on it. How do you know it's taffy?
Speaker 5: Oh he's right because I never realized that's why it's called laughy taffy because of the joke.
Speaker 1: Yes, but no one's like, man, I should want some taffy right now? It was good, its sweets. It's gonna be something chocolate bro Airheads weren't popularads.
Speaker 6: It's just taffy, are they? I don't know what airheads are? Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: I don't do a lot of sour candies unless it's sweet tarch chewy sweeteart spree.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're missing out.
Speaker 1: I'm sad all these kids have a funny skin food story on the skinned.
Speaker 3: I was not super familiar with laughy taffy. I knew it was a thing, but I didn't know they had told jokes. I think of uh, when I think of joke candy, I think of Bazooka gum.
Speaker 8: Hell.
Speaker 3: Yes, have you ever seen the old Michael Keaton stand up with Bazuoka Joe No, Oh, dude, it's worth watching really, probably late seventies, very early Michael Keaton. He unwraps the Bazuka Joe gum to read the joke and the bit as he's look at this old tiny piece of favor and the joke is like ten minutes long, and he's like.
Speaker 1: Reading it the whole time.
Speaker 6: It's a really good bit.
Speaker 3: So back when we were growing up, like in RSI Baseball and Richardson, you'd go to the concession stand. They basically had drinks and then giant pickles, yeah, or taffy, and the taffy came in these long, thin things that was like white in the middle and then a color in the outside like grape or peach or whatever.
Speaker 1: And that's the only taffy I've ever really see these hell in the flaps had two jokes, you know, and get them. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I always think I think of it as like a New Jersey thing, salt water taffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like an East Coast commercialized very popular. Okay, I get it, stay ahead of it here, you stay ahead.
Speaker 6: When we get back, Ben struggles with the T's skin with a horrible joke about the Pope and I said a bad word. Oh yeah, man, all.
Speaker 3: Right, that's coming up in less than three minutes or just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere. That's next on The Eagle and and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle Richardson has the largest blank in the world.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 3: KT is going to tell you at the bottom of this hour. Do stick around for that. But we are halfway through the May bloopers, and here with more is Young Tizzle.
Speaker 6: Yes, been struggled with this teas right here. I thought we should get to that.
Speaker 1: There's your updates. Jennifer Lopez had a facial injury. Oh, kind of fell down wearing a patch. She's fine, all right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, World News KT tells us why to never travel overseas.
Speaker 1: That's coming up in just over three minutes. Before we get there, I want to talk about let's pause and bow our heads for Jennifer's face, ma'am. We're got Cowboys chars that's coming. Yeah, that's a really good tea man. We got Kyrie song. There's some worldes and some world news.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm batch wow, we're all fantasizing about Jalo's facial injury.
Speaker 1: Skin. We we had a new pope in May and skin, uh, this is how he paid. Respect are falling in new Pope. There's a bunch of them to go in there and did their vote and they had the white smoke and there you go. It's been done. Pope Leo the fourteenth, Welcome. He's sixty nine, dude, Oh he doesn't want this white smoke. Man. Thank you Kevin for the World report. Flipped the format the country. Now coming up next, let's go around the sports. What's going on with the Mavericks. We'll discuss next. White smoke pretty good. Yeah, I feel like that'll be uh talked about in future broadcasting classes.
Speaker 6: My energy was zaped on that. Okay, time to kick me in the balls for a second.
Speaker 1: Oh fun?
Speaker 6: Sometimes play for those back you know listening. Christina plays audio sometimes and sometimes I do in my computer second little windows up. Get a lot going on if we're doing something that my Spotify happens to be up. Plus sometimes it will randomly start playing.
Speaker 3: Plus we should note that for the last two years, Katie's computer has been on the brink of disaster and it's still cranking. Yeah, it's at any moment that things are just burst into flame.
Speaker 1: No doubt, no doubt. Now, as the game got going on, our fans started to get more rowdy, and I realized, Hey, I think we can get it going a little bit.
Speaker 6: This is John Bouchie Gross, who I think is either what's going on?
Speaker 1: What is happening?
Speaker 6: I'm leaving what's happening?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: What was on your gay list?
Speaker 1: Okay? I used to Spotify for that.
Speaker 5: That's why on your way?
Speaker 6: Is that your power ballad playlist?
Speaker 1: Are you crying to that? Cold Play? It was not cold Play? That was now that was the space between I'm pretty sure that was snow Patrol. I don't have a problem with that. Right, So, John, Butchie Gross is your play by player?
Speaker 4: What it was?
Speaker 6: It was the big meaty course of the space between really a beautiful song.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: Songs are just cute up and I'm just play and I'll go the next one.
Speaker 1: This happens to me so insane that in the background at all times, whatever you're doing on your computer, there's a background playlist of just Dave Matthews just rolling.
Speaker 6: There's so many live albums and so many tracks.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Uh, we did bring up Ben's Have you ever met him?
Speaker 6: By the way, No, I feel like we should never meet your heroes, though, you know, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like we should make that happen for you. I'd like for you to meet him and have a terrible interaction.
Speaker 6: They have and they say he's a very gracious and great guy. I know a bunch of people that bumped into him at a bunch of freak offs.
Speaker 1: Now you don't You shouldn't say that you have friends in the industry who have very great things to say about him, has even because I know a lot of people were waiting for that shooter drop on the Diddy stuff. Him and Diddy were tight, They really weren't. What about you have friends in the industry that have great things to say about it. You know, that's a really funny thing to say.
Speaker 3: Person, that's a funny saying George said nice things about him.
Speaker 1: Right, No, it's a Jeorde Ash and Oh Abraham, Alexander, all those guys.
Speaker 6: That's true because he got him barbecue.
Speaker 1: Okay, you gotta have a perman if you're gonna kill him. Does this ever get solved? This is a long time.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You still have the problem yearly you around this time? Do you have swallows some?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's never really swallow. Thing has never really worked out for me. Why Why because as you're not into it?
Speaker 1: No, I'm very much like birds. Yeah, I like birds. It just doesn't seem to be doesn't seem to go hand in hand with much, right Yeah, because they're a nuisance. If they take over your front door, you can't do anything to get rid of them. One thing to watch Ford seriously though, on this bit of climate talk here. Yeah, Oh, just letting you know. Things are pushed back about a month this year. It's gonna get hotter a little bit later. You're gonna see the mosquitos come out a little bit later. You're probably used to see a lot of mosquitos in May. You'll be getting them in late May and early June. Things are different than it used to be growing up, Our seasons have changed by one month.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic forward. How long do you wait before kissing your front porch?
Speaker 1: Goodbye?
Speaker 6: What what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Hold on, don't answer that. Let him talk some more, Christening. You're saying you had a tit mouse problem.
Speaker 6: No, no, all right, now what she said?
Speaker 1: A nip rat up next? A different bird coming up next to what's going on in Dallas here in the east. That's so weird. I would have bought me laugh into an eagle.
Speaker 6: All right, and we'll end it with this. You guys just could not go with the flow when I said something, God.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen Fight Club and I wanted one last go round before she left, you know, so it's not uncommon.
Speaker 6: Was that inspired me to watch Fight Club again?
Speaker 1: Was that fight Club? Or was that club? What did you say? Jesus, Katie, God, I really don't know what just happened.
Speaker 5: Did you actually say it? And this is just a stripper, This isn't banging it out.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked.
Speaker 5: To Skin, I can't.
Speaker 6: Believe what what just happened? That is amazing.
Speaker 1: He's the best ever.
Speaker 6: Uh well Broun satellite radio.
Speaker 7: Now, so.
Speaker 6: What else is in the story saying.
Speaker 1: Christina I was trying to keep going. That was shocking, so shocking. He really did Jesus as she always club? Was that club?
Speaker 5: What did he say, Jesus, Katie joke?
Speaker 1: Good drop here? What did he say?
Speaker 6: This is laugh real quick? And this is that is a good lad?
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 1: I really don't know what just happened. I'm just a crazy person in the corner. That's animatronic.
Speaker 2: Hey Dudszza all right, coming up next, it's a weekly weekday of Day.
Speaker 3: Skin and I are from Richardson, Texas, where Richardson now has one of the largest of these things in the world.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 1: We'll tell you next on the Eagles And.
Speaker 7: Now it's time for Basis Weekday up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kat fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: All right, so I live in Richardson, you guys grew up in Richardson the high school there, Burner. He's right, there's a new business that's claiming to be the largest blank in the world. Now, Ben, I know you know? Yes, Skin, do you know?
Speaker 6: I don't know, So I'm wondering if I can get a hint.
Speaker 1: Gonna do you know?
Speaker 5: I saw it a link?
Speaker 6: All right, we can give him hints.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, you.
Speaker 3: Guys should turn this into a game. How many hints will it take me to get?
Speaker 1: Well? Then play twenty questions?
Speaker 5: Okay, oh yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 6: Is this a service? Yes, I'm out of question.
Speaker 1: It would be good to see. It would be good to see if we disagree on any of your questions.
Speaker 6: Okay, has it is it a new business?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, that's kind of you mean an industry or this particular business. The industry is not there. Yeah, the industry is not. Service is not a new service. It's been around.
Speaker 6: Is this a sexually oriented business?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, come on? What? But also no? And then also I'd like to add no, does this service involve food? No? No, I already hate this game. Use your words. You volunteered it.
Speaker 6: Is this something that you have to go to or is it delivery?
Speaker 1: You have to go to it? Yes, you have to go to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is this a Turkish bathhouse? No, no, But does this involve grooming?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, does it involve your pets?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: What about now?
Speaker 1: Still no, there's nine.
Speaker 6: Is this a salon? Yes? Then I won no why not?
Speaker 1: Probably can get it in the next one to two questions. Is it a men's salon? No?
Speaker 6: Is it a female salon? I think it's ambiguous?
Speaker 3: Maybe true, but so Richardson has one of the largest salons in the world.
Speaker 1: You haven't got it exactly. Pet salon? No, plant salon? Oh my god, what's a plant salon? Female salon?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Take gender out of that for once. What is the specific service of this salon?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Nut grooming?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I think they have whack you know what?
Speaker 6: Is this a whack salon?
Speaker 1: I don't know they could offer that, I don't. Is this a hair removal salon? No? Wow, he's not gonna get it. Eighteen two more, I don't. That's the only hair hair salon or whatever. What of their kind of salons are there? You got two questions?
Speaker 5: You're the main salon. I think you're missing, really the main kind that men and women can go to.
Speaker 1: Don't get us like it's our fault. Is it a nail salon? Yes, that's right, uh, nail love nail. I needed nine additional guesses after I got salon right, you like, got into the red zone and they just couldn't get in the end zone.
Speaker 6: They are calling it the largest nail salon in the world now love thirteen thousand feet square feet. Yes, it was just you know, directional feet. The guy who built it with his own hands is the great Danton and his son Donton. Yeah, seriously dan Ton and dontn okay to n uh.
Speaker 1: The wife is Patty Ton, and they're gonna make a ton because they have a huge nail salon. You guys ever had those petties Manni's. I love petties and Manny's hadn't had one. I tried it one time and it was terrible. I had a horrible experience. I only did it one time and I went in This is in the last three months and they butchered me. Man, dude, petticures are bad. They are.
Speaker 5: You need to go to a good one. Yeah, And you can also get like free wine sometimes they have mixed drinks grinding where you go.
Speaker 1: It's you know, like it's we're Hall of famers at Burtner. We probably get a discount, and.
Speaker 3: So my greatest soul time petticure was right after the Mavericks won a championship when they painted a forty one on my big toenail.
Speaker 1: Where your high school letter, Jackie, get ten percent on. We'll be wearing it anyways. All right, there you have it. There's the weekly weekday update.
Speaker 3: Congratulations richardson our hometown for getting the largest nail salon in the world. Good luck to the tons. Coming up next in just over three minutes, it's the Big Finish and and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now this segment, or at her is brought to you by roller Town Beer Works. That is the brewery up there in Salina, Texas. It Ben and I are partners in, and man, we got some cool things going on this weekend. For one, if you plan on going to the Qfest out there in Little Elm, the brew and Qfest, look for the roller Town tent. We got Rollertown Light, big German one thirty three, Juice, Erum and Hafe who's the hefe, our delicious helf of ais and A're all going to be available there. Now that's out in Little em If you're going to the brewery this Saturday, it's going to be our last Crawfish Boil of the season from two to seven. You can do the pre order link right there on our social media, which we wish you would be following our social media anyways. Rollertown beer Works. Uh, then Comedy Night on Saturday. So Crawfish Boiled during the day, live music, a big vendor pop up, and then comedy at night.
Speaker 1: Got to be a big weekend at roller Town Beer Works. But right now it's time for this. The thing's big after one of the biggest heaters we've seen in a long time. Ben Rogers took some vacation and then returned to the show yesterday hanging out with Tom Cruise and then going in destroying Choctaw at the bike Jack Table, then a big day at BFD, then he went to the Islands. I thought he.
Speaker 3: Dominated BFD two. I had him right ahead of Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 1: So this is one of those articles that was out about you know, Tom Cruise before the Big Mission Impossible, the Last Reckoning, the Final Reckoning, you know Memorial Day movie, which I've been lating on this until Ben got back didn't do well? What are you in?
Speaker 8: Didn't?
Speaker 1: It did fine?
Speaker 3: It's really it was no Lightlo and Stitch. Le That's fine, dude, it's really good. It's really good. It's exactly why you want to go to a big movie theater. How much would did you see the box office numbers?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: What would you have guessed? Memorial Day weekend?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't really have a good perspective.
Speaker 3: It ended up being I think eighty six million domestically, and like Lelo and Stitch was what one thirty or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which shot me. I thought for sure. Miss Impossible was one hundred million, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: And he's done a great job promoting it, yes, everywhere. It surprised me that it did. And it's really good. Yeah. So, Business Insider ranked the best Tom Cruise movies all well, forty five of them. Is what they cut it off at weirdly really, so, do we have any guisses? Did you say this is business inside her?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: My favorite probably is Risky Business. Let's start there.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite Tom Cruise movie? Uh F two, I've got three that are all together. Risky Business is one of the single best movies of the eighties often just kind of lumped in with the teen sex comedies of the eighties.
Speaker 6: It is a million miles above that.
Speaker 3: It's an amazing, insightful satire of Reaganomics and eighties consumerism. That's amazing. Magnolia is fantastic. It's just longer than my description of Risky Business. And finally, I also love Collateral. I think that movie's badass.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
Speaker 3: Ben, Risky Business just not Top Gun Maverick, Top Gun Mavericks in the mix, Like I thought, it was a phenomenal movie.
Speaker 1: I love how they made that.
Speaker 3: They tied it into the nostalgia of the first one and got emotional with it. I thought they followed some of the same recipes with this latest mission impossible to Christina favorite Tom Cruise.
Speaker 5: Movie, Edge of Tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I had to look it up.
Speaker 5: Edge of Tomorrow for sure, but also his role in Tropic Thunder at the end, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Dude, that counts.
Speaker 3: Rumors that they're gonna make a whole movie of that with that Wes Grossman, Lex lex Or le legs.
Speaker 6: I'm holding out on Edging Tomorrow. I'm not I'm not going to get to that.
Speaker 3: I will say I'd never seen Tropic Thunder, and the other day I saw about fifty minutes of it. Oh in the middle, because I know I probably caught it fifteen minutes in.
Speaker 5: Okay, you almost saw the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I saw about fifty minutes of it, and by the time I fell asleep, Zoo Lander was like being drug by by the You need to.
Speaker 6: Watch it from the beginning. That's not a good movie to jump in on either.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean you didn't get to simple Jack.
Speaker 1: They kept referring back to it, and I've actually seen it from the beginning. I've actually seen and I.
Speaker 3: Realized that's why the guy the drug dealers loved him was because they worshiped simple Jack.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I mean I saw I saw a good chunk of it.
Speaker 1: My favorite are Days of Thunder and rain Man.
Speaker 6: Oh, rain Man's great. Good, Rainman's great.
Speaker 1: So what do you guys think, business Insider, they're big on business. What do you guys think they might have Are they basing it on ticket sales and stuff?
Speaker 6: No, just their favorite Oh, get some entertainment content out there.
Speaker 1: They put the original top Gun number one. That's incorrect.
Speaker 6: In fact, I can tell you though, where the original top gun. I guess the original Top gun ranked.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, okay, okay, okay, so well, yeah, we'll get a good idea as to what their taste is like depending on where they put some of these, like where they put Magnolia.
Speaker 6: Number one, Magnolia number one, yep, number three.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they're gonna have eyes wide shut in the top five probably as I chat thirteen. Let me just say, as someone who pretty much loves most Kubrick stuff, it's not one of his best, but it's it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay. Are they going to have I think the Color of Money in the top five?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good, Yes, they will have that in the top number two. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: I think they have Collateral number one, number fourteen, rain Man number one, rain Man number six.
Speaker 5: He's been in so many movies.
Speaker 3: Maybe they see you risky business the right way and put at number one, number ten, Toms goun Maverick number one, Oh, number twelve, one of the one of the Mission Impossibles. Yeah, not on the list, really, not a single None of the eight made the list.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they left it off or what's going on there. But I typed it in and the search function and I can't see it.
Speaker 3: They probably left the Jack Reachers stuff out too, then, So think about that now.
Speaker 6: It's don't don't panic, It's just it's a long article. Don't know that I'm panning.
Speaker 1: Number forty is Mission impossible too? Mission impossible? Three twenty seven. Oh, I see such a long list.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just a lot of on the fly interview with a vampire.
Speaker 1: Ooh, good one good one Ben number eight, Jerry Maguire, Oh, I bet that's number one, number five, the Firm nineteen, A few good men. Oh that's number one four. Hang it, I thought you already said for it. Born on the fourth of July. Number one. They were worn on the fourth of July nineteen, was it?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: I think in general, Oliver Stone makes me want to just die. You guys did get the top five there and six, Top seven Edge of Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Christine. Okay, so Minority Report nine is the original Mission Impossible? Okay? Minority Report is that him? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's where he uses all They come out with this technology. They can arrest someone if they think they're going to eventually commit a crime. It's like Philip K. Dick does George orwell.
Speaker 1: Ah days it's under eleven. Minority Report twenty four, yep, twenty four. You know one of his movies that I did not enjoy. Please don't tell him. I said this Rock of Ages, Vanilla Sky, Vanilla Sky. He gets in a car wreck or something.
Speaker 3: Rise that Pedro Alamovadar and that the guy's name. It was when he was married to the homegirl, that is the sucker Fish. I thought he was married to the other lady in the movie. He is, Oh, in the movie he's married to her. Yeah, she had to talk very very strong accent. Yeah, very cruz cruse and it is I think Pedro mold Is that how she got the creuse? Last neighbor or dies she already have?
Speaker 1: That was at c r u z. You know who she's married to, Harvey or Bardem Okay, so tie back to the sucker Fish movie.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh, it's all county together.
Speaker 1: The counselor. Where did they put the counselor on there? I don't see it on the list, interesting oblivion. Why it should it have been on the list.
Speaker 6: No, No, he's not in it.
Speaker 1: What are we met? Are we missing? Tail? American Maid thirty eight. What about all the Right Moves? Yeah, that's good. There's a lot happening here, Hold on You, Hold On No. Number twelve We told you was Topgo Maverick thirteen, Eyes by You at fourteen, Colladal fifteen, Final Reckoning, There you Go?
Speaker 6: Where did they but taps?
Speaker 1: What about the nineteen eighty five movie Legend? I never saw number sixteen? Wait, Legend with Will Smith looks like Tim Curry, Tim Curry from the Little Shop a Horror or No. Uh oh yeah, Legend Rocky Horror Pictures. Yeah, he appears to be holding a fox or something in this one else. Yeah, this looks bad. What about Terrible? Did they put taps on there?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Don't see it, but I could miss it. There's a lot of Mission impossible Solid one. They have Trumpet Thunder at twenty two? What about Losing It? I love that movie? Eighteen rutten. I should have started the back Outsiders twenty six, Okay, Contail twenty eight, Hell yeah, Young Guns Taps twenty nine. Twenty Taps is better than that, dude. I actually got to rewatch of that in the last eight nine years. And yeah I did too. Night and Days thirty. That's him on a motorcycle with Cameron Diaz out War of the World's thirty one.
Speaker 5: Forgot it that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 6: Not bad Valkyrie thirty two. He's got an eyepatch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got an ipatch. You come in any any main character as an eyepatch. That's a good ass movie.
Speaker 6: But the Last Samurai thirty three, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: We're getting to some of his bad stuff here. Yeah, American made thirty four, pretty good twenty seventeen movie. Oh wait, that was when Mike Findley was one of the executive producers on Yeah, okay eighty five on Rotten Tomatoes, Far and Away number thirty six. Nicole Kidman was in this. Oh that's yeah, that's some like roller around in the Fields movie eighteen nineties.
Speaker 6: Ron Howard directed Lying for Lambs number thirty seven.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Ummm, that reminds me of that Brazilian steakhouse Ben went to.
Speaker 1: The Ben Jack Reacher at number thirty nine. Yeah, Losing It number forty one, Shelley Long cow dude, I really want to watch Risky Business again now. Oh, the Mummy forty two, because he came back and did the Mummy like but it didn't need to be remade. I thought I had the movie. I thought that had the guy that gained all that weight for way.
Speaker 5: Brendan Frasier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good special effects, Brook Shields and James Spader out Endless Love. Wait, Tom Cruise was an Endless Love YEP number forty four. There he goes lasting rock of Ages. All right, let's end the show YEP. I'll never forget the time that KT went to a Brazilian steakhouse. Tom Cruise was there. He got a chance to look him dead in the eye, and he said, after being a good girl for so long, I'm in my slutty era and Tom Cruise had his way with Tizzle. Christina is going to stick around and play some music right here on the Eagle. Here're you going, Well, I'm gonna get my sock bag.
Speaker 8: Dude, you had enough fun in games.
Speaker 1: A great summer.