Speaker 1: Five o five. I think about KRC the talk station, sue Happy Tuesday, some say.
Speaker 2: Vacation.
Speaker 1: Why is everyone so stupid?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: If only the FCC didn't exist. You could play the actual full quote from that one. Happy Tuesday, folks. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be looking forward to seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Pardon me? Yeah, start talking the first thing in the morning. This is it.
Speaker 4: You hear the first syllables that I utter. And sometimes my fox is a little froggy. Anyway, looking forward to seventh or the day Gramaswami returns to the fifty five Caressey Morning Show, the next governor of the East State of Ohio. As Governor de Wine signed the budget into effect, we don't know what he vetoed yet though. That's kind of weird. I checked just a moment ago to see if I could figure out what he specifically vetoed. There were articles talking about what he talked about maybe vetoing. But he does have the power of the line I'm vito, so he can go through there and scratch out a whole bunch of things, and apparently he did. Sixty seven specific items were vetoed by Governor de Wine before he signed the rest of it into law, so the details on that momentarily. Anyway, we'll talk with Vivek about his record fundraising. He is on a tear. In just four months, he's already pulled together eight and a half million dollars. I'm excited about him as being governor of the state of Ohio. I think he's going to do a fine job. And see how optimistic I am that he's going to get elected. We'll also talk with Vvak about the Ohio budget fly tax money for stadiums which is in there. Governor de Wine didn't veto these six hundred million dollars going to the Cleveland Browns, which really just frankly end this five o'clock hour pisses me off. Medicaid fraud also one of the topics of conversations with mister Ramaswami inside scoop with Breitbart News. It is Tuesday, eight o five is when we do that.
Speaker 1: Today. Bradley J.
Speaker 4: Breitbart's deputy news director, returns former Capitol Hill staffer. He is and he will talk about the big beautiful bill, which is still being debated in the center right now. And I don't know from everything I read, I don't think it's far from a lock. Apparently there are six senators who are expressing disapproval over it. We all know about Ran Paul, he was a definite no because of the five trillion dollars debt ceiling increase. But beyond that, we have a number of other ones who are emerging who are sounding like they're going to be nos. And you can't afford to lose any more than the two that are already gone. So it just it's still in a state of flux, which if they don't get something done, our taxes are all going to go out by a significant amount. And it's really weird too. You see the Congressional Budget Office scoring on it. We're going to increase the debt three point three trillion dollars over ten years, and then you flip it over and it just depends on how you view their scoring, and it's all, I would argue, basically boils down to alchemy. There's been a lot of chrisms criticism of the CBO, and I've always criticized it because it only looks out ten years, as if the world ends in ten years, you don't have to consider the ramifications further down the road. But some are suggesting five hundred billion, not three point three trillion. It just depends on what you're using. By way of scoring, the CBO looks at things as if Donald Trump's tax cuts from twenty seventeen never went into effect, and so by keeping them in place, they view that as a deficit creating reality when they're in effect right now. So you should consider anything but the current situation and the current state of the law. Anyway, I'll let the accountants at Eggheads argue over that. I just know that we spend too much. And that's a comment that's echoed by Elon Musk just yesterday, where the US is ruled by porky Pig Party, the uniparty. I think there's something legitimate what he says. It's obviously with it's obvious with the insane spending of this bill, the one the Senate is considering, which increases the debt by a record five trillion dollars debt ceiling, that we live in a one party country, the porky pig Party. This from a post on X yesterday afternoon. Time for a new political party that actually cares about the people. He has suggested that before, threatened that if this insane spending bill passes, the America Party will be formed the next day. Our country needs an alternative to the Democrat Republican uniparties so that people actually have a voice. What do you think the America Party would stand for? Fiscal responsibility, limited government, free markets. Just like the original tenants of the Tea Party that I embraced, kind of went off the rails. But what is wrong with fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets. Something tells me that if you had a new America Party headed by Elon Musk, that would probably be the boiled down point of it, which supports my sort of libertarian, little ill libertarian thinking. Limited government, not telling you how to live your life, free markets, competition's good for everyone. Ah, at least that's my take on matters. Let us see Daniel Davis Deep Dive looking forward to having a conversation with about Russia Ukraine. Will also get an update on Ron Israel. Israel actually talking about making peace with Syria and Lebanon saying that the goal on heights is not negotiable. And I understand that the strategic realities of the goal on heights, which is one of the Sixth Day war in nineteen sixty seven cannot be argued that would be is a consequence of the fact that, well, it's the goal on heights and it looks over Israel. But there's some question whether the Syria really even cares about it. So it wouldn't it be a beautiful thing if Syria and Lebanon and Israel entered into a peace agreement along the lines of the Abraham Accords. Peace in the Middle East in our lifetime? Is that even possible? Rwanda's Foreign minister saying Trump absolutely deserves the nobel peace price for helping end the thirty year conflict with Congo. Thirty years they have been fighting, they are no longer fighting. Whether it holds remains to be seen. But Rwanda's Foreign minister praising Donald Trump for his work and negotiating this peace agreement between Ronda and Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Kano, saying, this conflict in Eastern DRC is one of the longest conflicts on the continent. Thirty years. We have a gen had a genocidal movement that has been destabilizing our country during this whole period. Anyone, including President Trump, who would help sizably to bring this conflict to an end deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.
Speaker 1: How about that.
Speaker 4: Pakistan also pushed for Trump to get the Nobel Peace Prize as well, after he negotiated at least the systant of negotiating into hostilities between Pakistan and India. How about that at least he's done something to ward to peace, unlike Barack Obama, who got the Nobel Peace Prize for well doing literally nothing.
Speaker 1: Zero man.
Speaker 4: You know, the systems are igglant that when that happened, just absolutely absolutely anyway, three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three pound five fifty on eighteen to vot. It's kind of a stream of consciousness morning for me here anyway. Right before midnight, Governor Line signed the stage two year budget vetoed sixty seven items. As I mentioned before, he claimed that they weren't in a hu's best interest lease according to the spokesperson who said he vetoed sixty seven items. Details on those vetos again not immediately available, but apparently that was the highest number of vetos since he became governor in twenty nineteen. Previous record forty four. For those keeping track, I know, jee Chrecker follows the veto numbers very closely. He's got a sports bat on that one.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Yes, included in the budget, you me other Ohio taxpayers are basically funding, and I know it's coming out of the unclaim funds, pile of we'll call it a slush fund, bank accounts and other things that have gone unclaimed for long period of time and end up in this four point five I think billion dollar fund. So they reached into that and grabbed the money to pay for the Browns Stadium thing. I still say you and I are equally entitled to that as much as anybody who owns the Browns. And imagine what we could possibly do with four and a half billion dollars as opposed to sending it over to sports teams. He kept the income tax cut for a Highlands earning more than one hundred thousand dollars. We've got a flat tax now here in the state of Ohio all residents making at least twenty six fifty one dollars. I would scratch my head. How did they end up with that number? Anyway, anybody over twenty six thousan fifty one dollars tax to two point seventy five percent. They claimed the cut will cost the state about one billion dollars in lost revenue. That's okay, it's one billion dollars less than they can spend on our behalf. The wine had previously said that income tax cut was not necessary to bring business into the state. Doesn't hurt, though, does it? It makes us more competitive with states that don't charge any income tax. Under to your budget, House will spend more than eight billion dollars annually on K through twelve schools, fifty four million each year to reward high performing school districts, so incentive program built in there. The budget also created education saving accounts for students who attend non chartered religious schools. Lawmakers the budget triggers actually has a trigger to eliminate Medicaid coverage for about three quarters of a million low income adults if the federal government stops covering at least ninety percent of the benefits costs. So maybe the current Senate bill is in play and to deal with that a trigger might be in there. They show the chain would eliminate the plan to keep children on Medicaid through their fourth birth birthdays and take a step towards banning snap benefits for pop and our soda and sugar sweetened beverages. And I don't know what that means. Take a step toward banning snap benefits for soda and sugar sweetened beverages. I'd like to think it just eliminates the payment. They have no nutritional value whatsoever. Why is it part of a nutrition assistance program if it's not nutrition?
Speaker 1: Yes, rhetorically.
Speaker 4: Five eight two three Talk day, Hang on, buddy, get your call right after these brief words. Here's your Channel nine first morning weather forecast.
Speaker 1: Let us see here.
Speaker 4: Skys are clear up by dinner time. We have showers early this morning. For the cute, eighty four is going to be the high today. Overnight should be a quiet night, mostly clouds, low of seventy two, sunny guys for the most part. Tomorrow eighty five for the high. Clear overnight down to sixty four and a mostly sunny Thursday. I have eighty nine degrees. I'll see you here.
Speaker 1: Temperature disappeared seventy three right now for the five KOSEV Talk stations five.
Speaker 4: Nineteen on a Tuesday, in a happy one for you five one three seven nine fifty eight.
Speaker 1: Two three Dog Jay, thanks for holding over the break. Welcome back to the fifty five Kose Morning Show. Hey, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 2: Hey just heard you talking about Medicaid prods. I couldn't stand it, so I had to call in.
Speaker 6: You know, the wine is.
Speaker 2: Just a little background. This whole medicaid fraud with Ohio started with President Obama doing Medicaid expansion. And we pick expansion just mean lower the bar and let unqualified people in. And to the Musk's point being the Unit Party, the porky pig party, Yeah, Obama was.
Speaker 6: Able to buy off many.
Speaker 2: I think there was nineteen red steak governors who, like Chief Little Horrors that Mike the wine is, took the deal and it actually started with Kasik, Republican Governor number one, took the deal, forced it into Ohio because you remember, it was just what the federal government was going to pay for most of the fraud and Ohio I was going to pick up the rest. The Wine was against it until five minutes after he got on board because he saw how much that that federal.
Speaker 6: Money could grow.
Speaker 7: Ohio the Ohio state budget.
Speaker 2: And after two terms, he continued to facilitate the fraud back on the back of the federal tax payers, which is still everybody listening.
Speaker 6: Is your FICA blind.
Speaker 2: Item, not the Ohio state tax, but your fight attacks is what paid for it all. Now he's going to get serious about cleaning it up. And the only reason he's cleaning it up is because the Big Beautiful Bill says that we're going to get people off of Medicaid who are able bodied and we're to cut back on SNAP. So now he's acting like he's cleaning it up, where all he's doing is being is following whatever is going on in DC. If the Big Beautiful Bill wasn't going to clean up Medicaid, don't kid yourself. The Ohio Republican Party wouldn't either. If the Big Beautiful Bill wasn't cleaning up Snap, the Ohio Republican Party wouldn't change a damn thing.
Speaker 7: And it's laughable.
Speaker 2: So I think Musk is dead on and I would love to hear what the vic Ramaswami if he would be the first Republican governor out of three to take.
Speaker 7: This on and not follow Washington's lead.
Speaker 2: And just a reminder, the amount of the amount of money that Ohio pays for Medicaid forty some billion dollars a year. I think it's forty eight billion dollars a year. That's what Pennsylvania funds their entire state, A blue state, damn near communist state, with a Democrat governor, a Democrat Senate, and Republican House. They run their whole state with a larger GDP, a bigger economy than Ohio. They run their whole damn.
Speaker 7: State on what Ohio pays were Medicaid.
Speaker 4: And well to think about that, Well, the one thing you have to observe in the dirty secret that looms in the background of all this. And I think this is Obama's brainchild in expanding Medicaid to include all of these able bodied adults otherwise wouldn't be eligible for a program that was designed to serve the very needy. Is that Medicaid is going to be ultimately the universal health care for the whole all of America. Bengo, that's the goal, Medicaid, not Medicare, Medicaid for all.
Speaker 2: He got his single payer to your point, your dead spot on he wanted a single payer, couldn't get it, but he did get it through Medicaid and by Republican horror governors like Mickey Mouse. The wine that went along with it, and so yeah, Musk is right. It is one big unit party. And when it comes down to it, as long as the governments, long as the federal government's paying for it, there's no morals, there's no fiscal responsibility in the Ohio Republican Party. There were some better states that told Obama, go pound Sand We're not taking it.
Speaker 1: We know what you're up to.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Ohio wasn't one of those better states.
Speaker 4: And I don't understand the financial logic behind it, Jay, I really don't. I mean, the federal government shortage shouldering the burden for the vast majority of the Medicaid recipients under the expansion whatever. I don't know how that benefits Ohio financially. It just allows them to expand a program that they have no obligation to fund primarily, but how does that make Ohio improve Ohio's fiscal situation?
Speaker 2: You had a guest on Man, and I wish I could remember who it was that explained it that it grew the Ohio offers, the size of the budget was able to grow for other things. Maybe because they paid ninety percent only paid ten and there were some other kickbacks, some other funds coming into Ohio, and I wish I could remember who it was laid it out and I could have written it down. But but but what I was the takeaway was that there was more spending for more stuff and things for the wine and in the Ohio Republican Party because they took the fraud and on the back of the rest of us, on the back of the federal taxpayers, on the back of Ohio, they were able to get more money into the Ohio budget. But I cannot remember how to connect the dots. But I'll see if I could dig into that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, I vaguely remember that conversation, But honestly, Jay, it's like I can't remember what it did five minutes ago most days, and with all the guests I have on and all the information, I don't know your recollection is accurate. It's just I can't put my finger on or i'd go back into the podcast pages the archives there and try to find that. But yeah, anyway, bottom line is why would you expand that program period? End of story? And then the answer exists out there somewhere in the world, But it certainly isn't a conservative thing to do. And I think paying it back and turning the program back into what it was originally intended to be, which is something that serves the very critically needy. Is the effort is the right direction to go.
Speaker 6: So yeah, well he didn't do it. Bottom line is, no, he didn't do it.
Speaker 7: He's following the leader.
Speaker 2: And if they at the federal level, if they weren't going to reform this, this medicaid and snap, he wouldn't have done a damn thing.
Speaker 1: They don't buy into it.
Speaker 4: No, there's no buying into anything. I agree with you completely on that. Plus, he's got one foot out the door anyway. Vive Ramaswami will be our next governor. I think we can look forward to that. Jay, appreciate it. Man, always enjoy hearing from you. By twenty six, right now, I've got local stories or more phone calls. It's up to you to decide the direction we go. But I'll be right back after these words.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: John nine says, good showers this morning, and it's going to go up to eighty four today with sky is clearing up at least by around dinner time.
Speaker 1: Overnight lois seventy two with clouds.
Speaker 4: Wednesday's going to be mostly sunny, less humid eighty five degrees for the high clear every night sixty four and on Thursday, mostly sunny day again. Heat humidity returned for Friday and the weekend. They're saying we'll have a dry fourth of July. On Friday, Thursday's high eighty nine presently seventy four degree to.
Speaker 1: Fifty five per seed.
Speaker 4: Talk station Happy Tuesdays five one thirty seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight eight two three talk Tom hold on one second. I have to get this one story in in light of Jay's conversation about a Medicaid real quick, two people from Cincinnati among more than a dozen of Highlands accused of de fraudying the government healthcare program Medicaid. Twelve home health aids, and one behavioral health specialist allegedly build Medicaid to combine almost one hundred and ninety thousand dollars for services they didn't provide. Ag Yost announced the indictments yesterday as part of the US Department to Justice's National health care fraud takedown. I got more stories on that later. Fifty three year old John Thomas charged with Medicaid no relation Medicaid fraud and theft after allegedly submitting time sheets which he claimed he provided in home services while the recipient happened to be hospitalized.
Speaker 1: For three months.
Speaker 4: Same thing with thirty five year old Dona Wells builds for services when the recipients were hospitalized while she was traveling in Georgia and Nevada, both of them from Cincinnati. Of the defendants facing charges defrauding medicator from Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, among other areas of Ohio, billing for made up service checks every box for fraud wasted abuse. According to the Oaths, Medicaid fraud steals from the vulnerable and from the taxpayers who fund the program, and we don't tolerate that in Ohio. Well it's a step in the right direction anyway, Tom, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for indulging me on that one since it was related topic. Good to hear from me this morning.
Speaker 7: Oh, I ain't no problem.
Speaker 9: It's uh gotta get that got to get that information out there, and and uh, it's just that's what happens when you have this big old pot of money that all these people can get their hands into. So I think, you know the most important game would be that so to shrink this size of this pot of money, and whatever we got to do to do that, I'm not I'm not claiming to be smart enough to have the answers to exactly how to do that. But we we gotta we gotta have less money available to the to the government, less money to hand out uh as as free bes or whatever. And you better have a damn good reason if you if you feel like you need government assistance from whatever government level you're trying to get it from. But yeah, there's still the there's still the idea that this is a bottomless pot of money, that that that comes from all these these different levels of government, and it's just not true. And we are just spending ourselves into oblivion. And who knows, Maybe it's the holes too deep, I don't know, but it seems that way.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, you know, you're a part of the problem is and we're finding this out. I mean, I got a story to talking about fourteen point six billion dollar Medicare fraud. They just announced this yesterday that it involves a multiple three hundred plus defendants fourteen point six billion dollars. And when you read the details of what they were able to do.
Speaker 1: There isn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess criminals and frankly, you know, I'd like to use SCC non compliant words. They figured out that there is no oversight. The program's so damn big that it's impossible to ferret out fraud, waste and abuse.
Speaker 1: So why not tap into it.
Speaker 4: It's easy to rip the government off because they're not following where the dollars are going. This is something that Doge was looking into with USAD. You know, look, how where did that money go? Did it actually do anything?
Speaker 1: We don't know?
Speaker 4: I mean there in lies the challenge. There's way too much government period, end of story. But because it's so colossal in size and it's fuel by our taxpayer dollars that no one bothers to account for, guess what, You're gonna have a ton of fraud, waste and abuse.
Speaker 9: Well, what's what's the old story?
Speaker 10: How do you?
Speaker 9: How do you eat an elephant one one by at a time?
Speaker 1: Yep, something like that.
Speaker 9: You just gotta just gotta do one thing at a time, just keep chipping away at it. And for God's says, don't vote Democrat. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tom. They knew that was coming at some point. Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: That's a good point. You got to telegraph for the rest of the world that we're not going to abide the fraud, waste, and abuse, so that we are going to hold out these people as illustrations of the prosecutions and the criminal convictions that you will face if you engage in similar conduct. We're not asleep in the wheel anymore. We're doing something about it. One can only hope that that's the direction we go.
Speaker 1: Ah, here we go.
Speaker 4: Just Trecker staying out of the news this morning headline box nineteen one dad five herd in Cincinnati shootings overnight. One person dad, five others heard multiple shootings, according to since a police homicide investigators responded to the twenty three hundred block of Reading Road near McGregor outside the Shell gas station after two people were shot at twelve thirty this morning. One of them died of the scene, second showed up at a hospital shortly after it. No victim or suspect information yet been released, and police have not said what led to the violence. One of four shootings overnight, English would police on the scene the apartment building a two thousand block of westwn Northern Boulevard, responding at four am to reportable woman who was shot in the apartment. Westwood Northern Boulevard apparently shut down between Sutter and Beatman at least a quarter of the time of this reporting, which was very recently same place where a twenty two ye old woman was gunned down less than a month ago on June ninth. Moving over to Over the Rhine, two men show and what police describe as a drive by shooting on Stark Streak near Hannah Playground eleven forty five pm last evening. More than a dozen shellcasings found in the street. Yeah, that's in spite of the additional patrols going on there, Joe, I guess, or maybe they weren't. Both victims and the Over the Ryne shooting tune to UC Medical Center corn to police one has life threatening injuries. And then we move over to Winton Hills. Officers responded to his shooting at Vivian Place in winn sd Avenue near the Winton Hills Wreck Center eleven ten pm last night.
Speaker 1: Shooting.
Speaker 4: Victim found shot in the arm, expected to recover. Suspect fled the scene.
Speaker 1: H this comes.
Speaker 4: I'm quoting Fox nineteen as Cincinnati sees an uptick in violent crime, including homicides. Violent crime up seventeen percent in the last twenty eight days. Courted Police Chief three Satiji. I guess they didn't bother calling up the mayor to ask him what his opinions and thoughts were a Joe, because there's no reference to the mayor in this article.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just continuing the spleen vent from Smithaman the other day about violent crime, the fact the mayor just never says a word about it. Doctor stupid coming up or you can call either way you want to go. It's okay with me. Five point thirty six to fifty five KR City Talk station.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: This is Jacob goldtun Form. What's your part?
Speaker 4: Here's your nine first morning Wether forecast. We at little rain early this morning. I have eighty four to day with skies clearing up as a day rolls on seventy two overnight, mostly cloudy, over tomorrow mostly sunny skies. Eighty five for the high overnight clear and sixty four for the low.
Speaker 1: Any high of.
Speaker 4: Eighty nine on Thursday with mostly sunny skies, seventy two degrees right now, Let's hear about the traffic condition.
Speaker 1: First traffic from the UCF Tramphy Center.
Speaker 11: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here, Carol five on three five eighty five. You've seen c se Hinhway traffic.
Speaker 1: Do we okay?
Speaker 11: Even with some pretty heavy rain moving through the area right now, especially through northern Kentucky. Over seventy five between Eurobanger and Walton southbound seventy one currently in decent shape with no wrecks or problems.
Speaker 1: Schuck Ingramont fifty five KR. See the talk station. It is five forty here fifty five kr.
Speaker 4: Se the talk station. Happy Tuesday. Veg Ramaswami joins the program at seven thirty. We're gonna hear from the inside Scoop right Bart News Bradley Jay, the deputy news director, former Capitol Hill staffer, the Big Beautiful Bill, which is still being debated in the Senate right now. Daniel Davis Deep dive at eight thirty Russia, Ukraine, as well as a're on in Israel, and I finally have my friends from OHC the cancer experts on for us the experts today. I got some new treatments to talk about with OHC. Good people there, and I appreciate the treatment I've received from OHC personally. Uh let us go and turn to the eastack of stupid. But you can call five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three DODG. We're talking about smith Man. Yes, say remember the podcast page fifty five cars dot com for the Smither vent. He was really on a tear about city violence. Obviously, it has not gone away since yesterday when he was on a tear about it. And in one of his primary targets about city violence is the fact that UH city council in the mayor never speak out loud about it. They never support the police out loud. They never asked the communities to work with the police. The silence is deafening. He've viewed that as like sort of a defund the police, sort of revelations, like we all know what's on their mind, what they really would prefer to do anyhow, over the stack of stupid. McLain County, Illinois, a woman in Illinois accused of grooming a fifteen year old child even after a protective order was put in place. Do what the hell, she's thirty three years old. We're talking about a fifteen year old here charged with grooming. A court hearing last week, prosecutor said Mills Jessica Mills, who's thirty three, had contact with the team despite their being a protective order forbidding her from having any contact with the child. On one occasion of March this year, the teenager was found hiding under a bed in a motel room where the two were staying together. What are your children doing right now? Months later, the team that allegedly had sexually explicit videos of Mills and they shared inappropriate text messages. Well there's a red flag. And just every time, I can't let this go by and not comment on the absolute outright not only stupidity of getting involved with a fifteen year old as a thirty three year old adult or any other adult, but the idea that you would record this on video and then think it's not going to get shared to the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it is.
Speaker 4: It's just like, come on, man, it's twenty twenty five and kids have not changed. Now, bet it was the fifteen year old that showed video to other people, and that's how it became something on somebody's radar. God, well, aren't we all glad and please that they're so blank and stupid. While Mills was held in jail for violating the protection order, the prosecutor said she allegedly made phone calls from jail talking about her relationship with the teenager. She fled not guilty to the felony charge of judge granted the state's petition to keep her in jail before her trial grooming class four felony. She could get one to three years in prison or only probation. Of course, that's an option. And similar yet unrelated news, former teacher at a Michigan charter school allegedly had said sexual relationship with a sixteen year old student told a colleague about it.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 4: Joslyn Sandraman twenty six years old charge of thirty degree sexual contact. Sexual relationship happened at twenty twenty three, when she was a teacher at the oak Side Prep Academy outside of Detroit. She had not been a rain as a Monday morning, but her mugshot was posted by deputies in Oakland County Signeran told another teacher about her sexual relationship with a teenage boy, and that teacher then reported her to the police. Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald quote is this defendant is accused of using her position of authority to exploit a minor victim. These allegations to represent the ultimate breach of trust placed in educators and parents in the community. As a former teacher myself, I applaud the teacher who contacted at least about this situation, protecting our students from further exploitation. Now, she did say, the prosecutor said of a sixteen year old can consent, but it's not the same when the traation relationship with the teacher. Cordner's statements because we need to make school the safest place we can be for kids right safe from gun violence, safe from assault, safe from sexual assault. School is supposed to be someplace where your kids feel safe. If convicted, she could face up to fifteen years in prison. School of Fishes call the allegations troubling. Yeah, I'd say five forty fivefty five k see detalk station more stupid coming up or your phone calls.
Speaker 8: Either way, be right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Tenon and I said, there's got a little bit of rain this morning. It'll clear up at least dinner time. Today's high eighty four, every night low was seventy two with mostly cloudy skies eighty five to high tomorrow with mostly sunny skies overnight clear and sixty four and a sunny day on Thursday again with a high of eighty nine seventy two degrees. Right now, time for a traffic updates or not, it's becoming more common. I know Chuck Ingram did a traffic and just disappeared in the system somewhere. It's just stay tuned for a crack. You got your system gonna go down. Joe, don't say that kind of stuff out loud, although you know, given the track record here, it's to be expected. At least Joe Strecker is the right man for the job when it hits the fan, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Five on three two three talk returning to the e stack. Oh stupid.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Connecticut State Representative rog Hebe Ali Brennan, Democrat, said Uh on his social media account that his erect on a shoplifting charge was due to his failure to scan two items as he used the self checkout at the Target store in Bethel. He sat in his post on Facebook, I was in a rush to bring items to my grandmother in the hospital. The store didn't have bags, and I was juggling multiple purchases. Whatever, Thank you, Liam, That's exactly what I was thinking. Joe issued a misdemeanor summons for his sixth degree a sixth degree larceny. Bethel Police summary was arrestedated that he was detained by Target loss prevention personnel who told police they recognized them from quote previous unreported larcenies close quote a recidivist arrested after police reviewed security video was showing him attempting to leave the store with just under twenty seven dollars in unpaid merchandise. No additional details on the summary. Ali Brennan, thirty three four lawmaker first elected in twenty eighteen, did not respond to requests for comment from local news there beyond his statement on social media, which did not address the accusations of prior larcenies. He said on Facebook, while I do not have a record, I take full responsibility for the error and I'm working through the legal process to resolve the matter quickly and respectfully. Now you know, I'm thinking about self checkout.
Speaker 7: You got it.
Speaker 4: Let's see you have arms full of stuff because they didn't have like a cart or bag or something.
Speaker 1: Don't you put all that.
Speaker 4: Stuff down and then scan items one at a time, making it virtually impossible, if not literally impossible, to accidentally.
Speaker 1: Not scan some of the items.
Speaker 4: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: This is creepy.
Speaker 4: Michigan family described as terrified and for the ring camera captured a masked man standing at their door, and this has happened multiple times. Hater Nebille said he bought a ring camera after a scary incident which someone came to his house and banged on the windows and doors. So within about a week and a half since buying the camera, he's caught a suspicious person on camera multiple times at his home in Dearborne Heights, Michigan. Nebill said, a guy with a black ski mask started banging on the door. We got that on footage and he ran and then this time it was an orange mask. Nebill said he's not worried about this being a targeted attack because he said there's no reason anyone would have a problem with his mom or his younger siblings, but he's it's scaring the family, of course. Deerborne Heights Police said the disturbing behavior happening at other homes in the neighborhood as well. According to Bill, they did tell us that there was another occurrence in the neighborhood. That's at least what they told us. That it's been happening to other people. So I don't think this is a targeting thing. I think it's just some teenagers messing around and thinking they're funny. It's good way to get killed. Though I'm not suggesting for a moment that this justifies the use of a firearm. Someone banging on your doors and windows is not something that you know is justifiable for use of a deadly force. But there are people out there unfamiliar with the law who might believe that it is a situation where they can use deadly force. It's like that TikTok inspired trend where kids are kicking in front doors. You know, breaking and entering might be a justification for use of deadly force. Do you have a conversation with your children about that?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 4: Uh Former Underscore Score jewelry store manager in the United Kingdom sentenced to twenty eight months in prison after posting selfies wearing stolen merchandise and sending them to her co workers.
Speaker 12: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 4: Jewelry store manager Lucy Roberts thirty nine, frequently took jewelry home jewelry speak it right, Brian home with her during the year as she worked at a high end jewelry shop corn To police, she told suspicious coworkers she was, in her words, conducting work at home and sorting stock for the workshop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Only when Roberts quit went on vacation that her colleagues realized where the jewelry went. She began sending her former coworkers selfies from a cruise ship decked out in items that had been, in fact taken from the shop. Why are you doing that, Detective Sergeant Christa Wilkinson the statement, without care in the world, dripping in diamonds, thinking she had deceived everybody. Police found thousands of dollars worth of jewelry, they say, pounds of course, strewn around in boxes, beneath the bed and in cupboards. After searching her home in total, she stole more than one hundred and seventy thousand dollars in diamonds, gold, silver, and bespoke jewelry, as well as cash.
Speaker 1: Police said.
Speaker 4: Roberts initially denied she had stolen any stock from the employer, insisting that she had borrowed some of the jewelry from a coworker and that they planted the other items in her bags. Whatever, that's a stretch, but later entered a guilty p plea for theft by an employee, netting her twenty eight months in prison. She got arrested at Heathrow Airport. They took her in to custody after finding her wearing a substantial amount of stolen jewelry with more stolen merchandise in her suitcase. Body camera footage from the arrest shows her removing some of the jewelry as she was escorted through Heathrow Airport in.
Speaker 1: An attempt to dispose of it.
Speaker 4: A stupid Yeah, well clearly in this case, absolutely they planted it on me. Fifty fifty five, Gary, see the dog stations. We've got more to talk about SI o'clock hour, and steer the direction of the conversation, as I always say, by calling me feel free to do so. Otherwise we'll move on in whatever direction I decide. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, we're moving very quickly.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC the talk station Clay and Buck here is where we are right now.
Speaker 1: We are rocking Clay.
Speaker 4: Travis and Buck Sexton, kicking ass and taking nature today at noon on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: SHI six I six.
Speaker 4: If you've got KRC DE talk station Maryan Thomas fishing here, I want a very happy Tuesday.
Speaker 1: And inviting you to stick around all morning if you can.
Speaker 4: Also inviting you to phone if I went three seven fifty eight hundred eighty two three talk coming up seven point thirty with the next governor of the state of Ohio. We make Ramaswami joins a program talk about well record fundraising and that does not shock me. Plus Ohio budget to wine just signed in. We don't know what the veto are sixties a record sixty seven line item vetos still the list of those has not come out. But yes, the Cleveland Browns did get their six hundred million dollars in what I would argue belongs to you and me, the taxpayers here in the state of Ohio. Just man, that irks me because I know I've said it more than time than I probably should have, but it's really irks me, so anyway. Vvek at seven thirty Inside s Coop with bright Bart News Fast forward to eight oh five.
Speaker 1: Bradley J.
Speaker 4: Brightbart, Deputy news director and former Capitol hal staffer, on the big beautiful bill, which is still currently being debated. What I hear at the top of the our news progress is a very elusive thing. Yeah, uh, and absolutely zero confidence right now that it's going to pass. Going back to Elon Musk's comments that we really are under the control of basically what amounts to a uniparty. Both sides just spend way too much. Although you know, someone made a valid point about his criticism. This reconciliation bill is not the place where you can deal with the stuff that Doge was looking into. I mean, it is an insane spending bill.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 4: The America Party will be formed the day after it gets signed into law, if in fact it does get signed into law. But this bill, because it's under reconciliation, cannot legally include cuts to discretionary spending, which is what the Elon Musk Doge initiative was looking after. So there's a qualification there. I embrace Elon Musk's criticism of the size of the scope of government, the fact that we basically do live in a uniparty, but to the extent you want to cut out ridiculous like shrimp on Treadmill's programs, or you know, transgender Sesame Street or whatever the hell else he identified, this apparently is not the place to do it, nor is it the place to do a lot of things that they endeavored to do before the parliamentarian yanked them out, claiming that they were not they didn't qualify into the reconciliation concepts anyway. It's a lot like the Piece of God. So inside scoop at eight o five and then maybe we'll actually have something done by eight h five. Daniel Davis Deep dive The latest on Russia Ukraine. Russia putting a whole bunch of new troops in Ukraine fifty thousand, outnumbering the Ukrainian troops three to one, and the casualties are mounting. Plus the latest on Iran in Israel, most notably the Fatwah that that crazy fundamentalist Muslim guy put on President Trump and President of Prime Minister Net Yahoo.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, I wanted to get this in.
Speaker 4: You know, I appreciate the editorial page of the Wall Street Journal a lot, and I make some great points. And today I'm going to focus on Matthew Hennessy's Capitalism needs champions comments because they're really important, I think. But in the background of this, I'm going back to New York in this crazy Kami that has gotten the nomination for mayor and Mom Donnie. He's a communist. He's on record as saying he is. Now he tries to deny it, and you know, you get the PolitiFact, you know, fact checkers out there saying that's not true. But there's a twenty twenty one clipped out resurfaced yes, of course, twenty twenty one Young Democrats Socialist of America conference where he argues that the purpose of the entire project is quote not simply to raise class consciousness, but to win socialism and elected leaders who are unapologetic about socialism.
Speaker 1: Like him.
Speaker 4: He probably embraces it. It's a big giant sign over the back of his head. I am a socialist. But he's beyond that because he said the end goal is seizing the means of production. That's plain flat out communism when the state controls the means of production. His words, not mine. I'm not putting them in his mouth, just telling me what they've got there. So pivoting over to Matthew Hennessy, he says, let zoron mam Donnie's victory last week's Democratic Mary primary in New York service your periodic reminder that capitalism is in dire need of able defenders. Socialism has more cheerleaders than it deserves, considering its record of consistent failure. Markets need champions too. This is always true, especially now. If he thought soft headed notions about inequality and making the rich pay their fair share would die out as dinosaurs like Bernie Sanders faded from the scene, you should know by now how wrong you were. The eighty three year old Vermont senator isn't fading. He's still jetting around the country barking about oligarchs and exploitation. In Representative Alexandria Casio Cortez and mister mom Donni. He has talented and energetic errors. They'll be around for decades. Believers in free markets and free people need us strap in. The adversary is formidable, young, good looking, social media savvy. It's going to be a long, exhausting fight in this twilight struggle, the truth has an advantage. Socialism is incompatible with human nature. People are driven to build, to invest, to strive and be productive, to pursue their own families well being above all. It's something I say all the time. The fools is the one that's not looking out for his or her own best interests. That's human nature. Socialism subverts these impulses. It requires coercion to achieve anything resembling success. It's an intellectual lab leak. Misery follows wherever it's tried. Yet each generation somehow produces naves who are certain that collectivism is the true longing of the human heart.
Speaker 1: They know they can make it work. This time.
Speaker 4: Young voters who supported mister Mumdonmie were primed by their expensive educations to buy his line that capitalism is rigged in favor of the rich. All they've ever been told by teachers, professors, TV and TikTok is that markets are inhumane. Capitalism is rapacious and bad for the climate. They may never have heard a single word of the contrary. This is a failure of education. Yes, basic economics is rarely taught in high school or required in college. But it's equally a failure of public relations. Who's making a sustaining, coherent public case for American style capitalism. The field's wide open. We need a new Milton Friedman and Thomas Soules. The product itself isn't the problem. Free markets have made life better, healthier, and more prosperous in demonstrable ways for billions of people. Anti capitalists on both left and right struggle to make a serious case that things are worse now than they were one hundred or one hundred and fifty years ago. Take a moment to imagine life without washing machines or chemotherapy. Competitive markets foster innovation and allocate resources with remarkable efficiency. They work even when markets come up shorter or create externalities like pollution. The incredible wealth they generate can be used to fill the gaps. That's another point I made many times over the years. You know you deal with pollution when you become a wealthy nation. It takes wealth to clean up period. Anyway, when socialism fails, as it inevitably does, the only option is brutality. This always gets glossed over on MSNBC and CNN. I'd like to hear mister mom Domi explain how he plans to keep New Yorkers captive when his experiment goes south. Markets are more than efficient, which would be an argument enough in a head to head competition with socialism. They're also moral. Markets enable willing and mutually beneficial exchange among free people. They abominate coercion. They encourage a belief that tomorrow will be better than today, no one will bother investing apps in and expectation that it will pay off. Capitalism is synonymous with confidence in the future. No, the problem isn't capitalism. The problem is complacency. Capitalists take too much for granted. They assume the product is so good that it will sell itself. Mister mom Donnie's victory shows otherwise. The world is full of capitalists who don't realize what they are. The owner operator of a Corner Deli is no less a capitalist than Jeff Bezos. Most capitalists go about their business quietly. By serving customers' needs, they do more for society's overall well being than any charity. They should be celebrated, not vilified. Politicians vining to lead cities built on business ought to understand and respect market forces. Capital is mobile and it goes where it's treated well. There are no walls around Wall Street market Thatcher correctly diagnosed socialism's inherent defect. Eventually you run out of other people's money. Mister mom Damie seems committed to teaching eight point two million New Yorkers this lesson the hard way. My appeal, not mine, Matthew Hennessy. Again, props and credits isn't to tech gurus and investment bankers. It's to all the everyday capitalists in New York and beyond, the striving small business owners and sole proprietors who are building something of value where nothing existed before. If you believe in free markets, speak up, amen, Matthew Hennessy.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 4: You know, and the one thing about this crazy Mom Dami comedy guy is it's this kind of conversation that springs from the reality that he won the primary. And I will emphasize and hold in my belief heart of arts that you know the fact that only less than thirty percent of New York voters even bothered to show up. It's those committed crazies that Matthew Hennessy's writing about, these committed socialists that have no concept of economics or economic reality, supply and demand, the fact that we all sort of inherently look out for our own best interests, which is what drives the world. They're true believers, they're the useful idiots. But I mean, you know, you only have to look back at COVID and the financial reality is going on the state of New York. People left because they are taxed and regulated to hell and back. Once people were given the option, and so many big businesses unplugged from New York and moved to like Boka Raton, Florida. That article I read the other day, the mayor down there appealing to all the rich New Yorkers come on down.
Speaker 1: The water's fine.
Speaker 4: At least he's prompting an analysis, and maybe he'll prompt the Democrat Party to quit going further and further left. Although you know that ultimately maybe completely its end. I can only pray for that day. It's crazy, what's going on there. Six seventeen fifty five k SE detalk station speaking of businesses who make life better. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. It's time of year man, with the heat and humidity out there. If your system goes belly up, it's a great time getting touch with my friends at zim Zimber.
Speaker 1: I mean full on belly up now. Zimber will repair systems. They can.
Speaker 4: You know, you've got an HVAC system called Zimmer, maybe needs a maintenance or upkeep. Maybe you want to get on a maintenance program to keep your system well, alive, longer and efficient running. Well, that's what Zimmer does. They've been keeping home safe, efficient, comfortable for nearly eighty years. Third generation familyin and operated and they own or rather they represent the company invented air conditioning. So you can get a brand new carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling and take advantage of it because right now you're gonna save up the fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. So taking the sting out of having a well a pretty major expense. It's home ownership. You got to face these kind of things, but ideal time to replace it with Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning. Give Chris Zimmer a call five one three five eight ninety three. Pricing is great, Service is great. That's why they've been around for three generations. To schedule an appointment. Learn more about all the services they offer, head on over to the website. It's go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 12: Fifty five car the talk station power. There is your channel nine first one and one of forecasts. They got a little showers early this morning. For the commute, skys are clear up. They say buy dinner. High of eighty four or less.
Speaker 1: Humidity as well.
Speaker 4: Over night lowis seventy two uh mostly cloudy skies, mostly sunny tomorrow eighty five for the high clear overnight sixty four and then mostly sunny Thursday with a high of eighty nine seventy three degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, it is time for traffic chuck from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the names. The future of cancer care is here called five one, three, five eighty five. UC c see crews continue to work with Rex Sap Pound seventy five in Lachland on the left and eastbound seventy four had two seventy five at the coal ring split. Also slow past the construction East Pound seventy four after Harrison Rybolt Shock Kingbramont fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 4: It's six twenty two right now at the five Garre City Talk Station. Happy Tuesday fund over here five on three, seven four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on eight and t phones number fifty five kr SE dot com Comedy can't listen live to Christopher Smithman and the smith Event every Monday. You'll find it right there on the podcast page. Of course, he was talking about crime. The silence from the mayor and the console people are deafening when it comes to crime. More crime over last night, one dead, five hurt in Cincinnati's shootings, English Woods, Winton Hills, among others. My friend Maureen Florida. More shootings last night in this month, they out of town guests for my daughter's upcoming wedding or telling me that they are hearing bad things about downtown Cincinnati and wanted no where to stay outside of the city limits. Well's I think that's exactly why the I have to have provol and the council people don't say anything. They want to give you this perception that everything's hunky dory, fine and dandy, and it's not. I mean police chief threats that Thiji came out yesterday and said crime is up twenty seven percent. Yeah, I mean he gets undeniable. There are still local news out there reporting the realities there is. You know, the police calls are monitored and heard. You know, when the police shut down a street like they did overnight to deal with one of these shootings, the rest of the general public finds out about it and it gets reported on. So just because counsel and the mayor don't come out and talk about it, doesn't mean it's not going on out there, and people don't well, people fully appreciate what's going on in their own neighborhoods. That's like said you said, Christopher, talking about that yesterday, Hio Republican Party chairman Alex Chairantifilo heard. I guess you don't know if he's listened to me, but he got a hold of the same article another bloody night in Cincinnati said that it's not just Cincinnati. As I make this post from Columbus, they have the same problems. We need more cops, more jails, and longer sentences, and that tail point is one of the problems we have in the justice system. I think the police officers would round more people up and arrest them for the crimes they've committed, like curfew violations, if they thought the justice system would actually deal with them accordingly and meet out harsh punishments. As a warning to every other person, soon you might commit similar offenses. Don't do this, he says. The problem can be solved or severely mitigated if we had the courage to identify and lock away people who cannot and should not live among people who follow societal rules. Instead, we tolerate in an unacceptable amount of violence crime in Mayhem. There should be no such thing as a bad neighborhood. I naively believe there's hope that one day our society tires of the fear and the killings and steps up to the plate and starts prosecuting people to the fullest extent of the law, rather than just giving them a free pass. You have to have deterrence, I mean the idea that you're going to be rehabilitated in prison. That used to be one of the tenets of the criminal justice system. I think we can all laugh at the reality of that. Basically, you're hanging out with other criminals and learning more criminal behavior, but in so far as a deterrence effect. You know, why have you personally not committed crime? Is it because of your religion, your morals, your ethics, or is it because you're afraid of going to jail. Maybe a combination of all the above. But fear of going to jail and getting a record has always kept me and my nose clean six twenty six fifty five care see detalk station. Maybe I need to get over to Gate of Heaven Cemetery. Exhale, relax, pray and meditate. So why not reflect at Gate of Heaven Catholic Cemetery. That's well, it's a great place for that, And of course to a loved one, you mean, you ever reading, it's a place if they're choosing that direction, you might want to consider it, most notably if you're Catholic. I'm not, by the way, but I still know it to be a beautiful place.
Speaker 1: It's right.
Speaker 4: It's very close to where I live, and I drive by Gate of Heaven every single day and it's just absolutely gorgeous. Tranquil landscape surroundings, so making it an ideal place for prayer, reflection, remembrance and appreciating life at every single stage. And that's what they're all about there. So to learn more about the cemetery and what they offer and did the address, go to gateof Heaven dot org. Gate of Heaven dot.
Speaker 1: Org, fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 4: Wait here is your Channel nine first one weather forecast. Get some showers this morning to say, skies clear up by supper time. High of eighty four today. Over night low was seventy two with clouds Tomorrow mostly sunny day eighty five for the high, clear overy night down to sixty four and a sunny day Thursday with a high of eighty nine seventy three degrees. Right now, it's traffic time.
Speaker 1: From the uc Uptraffic Center.
Speaker 11: The University of sins in Any Cancer Center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. With the future of cancer care is here called five one three five eighty five. U SECCE cruise continue to work for the reck southbound seventy five in Lachland that's on the left hand side eastbound seventy four wreck at two seventy five. I'm the col Rene split, backing traffic to one twenty eight, then slow traffic through construction. He's found seventy four near Harris and Rybolt, chuck Ing Ramont five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 4: Six point thirty fifty five KRC, the talk station five on three seven hundred eight two three talk found five fifty one eight and t phones. I forget to get your iHeartMedia app. When you're a fifty five kr se dot com, you stream the audio directly from the website, but you can get the audio and all the other I Heard content through the Iheardmedia app. Nice little app, and good morning to my wife who listens to the program on the app. Over the local stories, of course, the one that we're talking about this morning, given a high level of crime on the heels of Christopher smithments venting about crime in the city of Cincinnati. On the heels of Alex Tratavilo noting about this reporting on crime in downtown Cincinnati. One person dad five others heard multiple shootings overnight twenty three hundred blocker renting Road O near McGregor Avenue, Shell gas Station twelve thirty This morning, two people shot, one of them dead. Second shout up at a hospital shortly thereafter. No victim or suspect information released. One of four shootings overnight English would police on the scene apartment building two thousand block of Westwood Northern Boulevard started four am reportable women's shot in an apartment they had just shut down. Westward Northern Boulevard between Sutter and Beakman Street. Happened to be the same place where a twenty two year old woman was gunned down less than a month ago.
Speaker 1: Happened on June ninth. Over the Rhine.
Speaker 4: Two men shot police describe as a drive by shooting on Stark Street and near Hannah Playground. Happened at eleven forty five last night. They found more than a dozen shell casings on the street. Both victims treaty UC Medical Center, one with life threatening injuries. Then Winton Hill's shooting at Vivian Place and winnesd Avenue near the Winton Hills Wreck Center eleven ten pm last evening.
Speaker 1: Shooting.
Speaker 4: Victim found excuse me, shot in the arm. Expected to recover. Uptick in violence admitted by police Chief three strategis speaking with council last week. Crime up seventeen percent in just the last twenty eight days. Summertime always used as an excuse. Northern Kentucky man facing criminal charges in connection with illegal acts at the ballot box over fourteen years court to the Kentucky Attorney General's Office, Thomas Dennis the Third, who's fifty one and from Covington and died of by a kent Kunty grand jury on multiple counts of wrongful registration and perjury.
Speaker 1: Convicted felon.
Speaker 4: He is accused of illegally registering to vote in three occasions between six and twenty twenty. The Attorney General's office set a news release Voter registration records show he registered as a Republican, which doesn't really matter in the long term. Prosecutor said he also falsified records related to his voting in an attempt to mislead county officials. He was convicted of arson and Hamilton County Common Police Court in nineteen nine tenty six pled no contest, meaning he admitted to the facts that didn't admit guilt. Since the one and a half years of in Ohio prison case, foul reveals little in the way of details about the offense. The indictment states that Dennis knowingly caused or created a substantial risk of physical harm to property belonging to Runkey Waste Disposal, and he did so by means of fire or explosion. Tried to have his conviction expungeent twenty thirteen, but a judge denied the request. Previously charged with arson and Campbell County Circuit Court jet charge dismissed without prejudice. Also charged in Kenton County with felony sexual abuse in nineteen ninety three, later convicted of a lesser charge of sexual misconduct shouldn't have been voting. Deputies investigated a double fatal crash took place in Rushville on Saturday evening. Franklin County Sheriff's Deputies were dispatched to the area of the twenty seven thousand, two hundred West Chapel Road quarter to seven pm for report of a serious injury crash involving a vehicle that had driven into.
Speaker 1: A pole, tree and home.
Speaker 4: According to the Sheriff's Department, deputies determined that seven Chevy and Paula was going westbound and West Chapel Road at a high rate of speed when it crested the hill went airborne. It landed, caused damage to the roadway, and then veered off the north side of the road, crossed the south side and then hit a utility pole, then continued into a grass area where it hit a tree and became airborne again before hitting the home on Westchapel Road. Emergency cruise erride they found a driver and the passenger dead. Deputies identified the driver as forty nine year old Robert William Leo Dunham of Oldenburg, passenger of fifty one year old Jesse Brummitt Junior of Sundon. Alcohol was found at the scene, but toxicology reports are still pending. Alcohol and access to speed were likely factors in the crash, according to the deputies, but the investigation is ongoing. Jesus Loise I think must have been going fast six thirty five krc DE talk station. I'm not sure foreign exchange could fix that situation, but you've got an import now. Of course it wasn't an imported car. I think that one was probably total too. But if you get your car fix and a traditionally imported manufactured car, get it to Foreign Exchange, then go to the west Chester location of Foreign Exchange with our imported cars and that's pretty much all we've ever bought.
Speaker 1: I'm just a fan.
Speaker 4: And of course, if I go to my dealer, my German car is gonna set me back a fortune for pretty much anything. If they just stare at it. It costs me like five hundred dollars. But over at Foreign Exchange, I've saved lots of money over the years. My wife also has a German car. My daughter has a Japanese traditionally manufactured car. It goes to Foreign Exchange and the Sun. Our son has the old Honda, it also gets the foreign Exchange treatment. A matter of fact, he's getting ready to take it up in there to anytime soon because the air conditioning's not working. They'll fix it, that's what they do, and they'll fix it for less money than the dealers. And that's what it's all about. Auto repairs have gotten so outrageously expensive. Yourself a favor, get the Foreign exchange, have an AC certified Master technician with access to your manufacturer's technical information. They do it all, including software upgrades, and they won't charge you as much. Westchester can be reached that Tylersville exit off of I seventy five. You're on seventy five. Take the Tylersville exit, Go east two streets and turn right on Kingland Drive very close to the exchange.
Speaker 1: Right there.
Speaker 4: Online it's foreign axform the letterax dot com. Tell Austin and the team. Brian said, Hi, when you give them a call. Five one three sixty four four twenty six twenty six. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Hey their history fans, iHeartRadio brings you.
Speaker 4: Here is or Channel nine first winning Wether fullcasts. I guess we get some showers this morning. Early skuys will gradually clear up.
Speaker 1: Along the day. It'll be a highest eighty four.
Speaker 4: Mostly cloudy overnight, dropping to seventy two eighty five to high tomorrow with mostly sunny skies clear over night, sixty four for the low and mostly Sunday Thursday with a highest eighty.
Speaker 1: Nine degrees seventy three. Right now, time for traffic update chucking from the U see up Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the NASE, and the future of cancer care is here called five one three, five eighty five u se c SEE crews continue to work with the four vehicle accident. Eastbounds seventy four two seventy five at the coal Ring split. Traffic is backing up past one twenty eight SAF pounds seventy five a little bit better through Lackland. There's a rack eastbound on the Laterals ramp to Ridge Chucking from on fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 1: Six forty here fifty five kr CD talk station five one three seven.
Speaker 4: Two three. Talk with Tom five fifty on AT and T phones. You got any plans for Independence Day, Joe Strecker, No, really. I think we're just going to go over to a friend's house and enjoy dinner with them. That's the extent of our Independence Day celebration. But that's the celebration. Nonetheless, we'll be off on Friday for Independence Day. And I do note in something unrelated to politics, although it could be connected to politics in some fashion. Maybe global warming has resulted in a reduction in the available cattle in the United States because of col flatulence or something. But if you haven't noticed, the price of beef is rather outrageously. It's about a record high going on right now. According to the American Farm Bureau Federation that tracks these kind of things. They estimate the retail price for two pounds of ground beef has jumped up to thirteen dollars and thirty three cents slash six dollars and sixty seven cents a pound, the highest price recorded by them since they started looking at these things about a decade plus ago, although apparently our demand for beef is not declining. According to the author of the survey with the American Farm Bureer, there cost to feed ten people cheeseburgers, chicken, other fixings, pork and beans, potato salad estimated to be an average of seventy dollars and ninety two cents this year, or seven dollars and nine cents of person, not including the cost of drinks or fireworks. While lowered last year by three cents, it's still nineteen percent higher than it was five years ago. Yuess inflation has most notably hit the food supply, there is no question about it. That's one things that I'm actually painfully aware of because I go shopping with my wife every weekend. Cattle inventories are at their lowest level in seventy five years, at According to the Agriculture Department, total cattle herd in the United States the lowest since nineteen point fifty one. They blame dry conditions across to Heartland in recent years, although the weather conditions have gotten much better. It's also reported cattle invatories have taken a hit from the spread of infestations of New World screwworm. Parasitic species of fly which causes myasis, lays its eggs and open wounds of any warm blooded animal. Fly larva then burrow into the wound, feeding as they go, like a screw being driven into wood. According to the USDA GEEZ. Thankfully, no case of screwworm infection has yet been reported in the United States, but it's working its way up from Panama to Mexico, which is one of the reasons why Agricultural Secretary Brook Rawins in May announced the suspension of cattle imports from Mexico along with other preventative measures in order to prevent the spread of screwworm here in the United States, which is another reason there's less beef available because Mexico apparently is a leading source of cattle imports to meet our demand for beef. Canada also serves to meet that demand as well. But the absence of Mexican feeder cattle apparently is exacerbating our low inventory problem we have in the United States, which is of course impacting the retail price of beef. But they are gradually rebuilt holding the herd here in the United States. It was a statement from JBS, which is described as almost a monopolistic meat packing giant, moved to rebuild underway, a company there warning the meaningful increases in beef's supply and any relief for you and me in terms of the record high retail prices of beef, it will not be showing up until at least twenty twenty seven, accorded to the CEO of JBS North America, guy named Wesley Bautista, FIHO Phil Hooe, we are into herd rebuild right now. The economic insenators are there, the weather is helping.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: Lowest level of beef out there in the United States since nineteen fifties, but there's they described the JBS, Tyson Foods, Cargill, and National Beef control eighty percent of the beef processing in the United States. They're having anti trust hearings on Capitol Hill on the meatpacker quote unquote monopoly at least according to Senator Howley. So apparently the path to rebuilding the size of the herd starts with reviving regional microprocessing plants across the country, creating a more resilient, decentralized food supply chain that is less vulnerable to disruptions. In other words, skip the globalist mega supermarkets and instead support local ranchers directly, which is something that I think Robert F. Kennedy Junior would embrace. Conceptually. Family farms taken a heait, do what you can to support them. But I think it's going to take these monopolistic mega giants a lot of effort to rebuild the size of the herd before you and I are going to send me a relief at the grocery store. At least that's a conclusion that they have suggested six forty five right now for you five kc DE talk station. Let's see here, every federal credit union better way to bank. That's what I always say, it is a better way to bank. I've got a big bank bank account. I love and prefer every federal credit union. Also coming up to nineteen, Daniel Golf tournaments for charity benefiting Sentas Night Since a Children's Hospital taking place Monday, August eighteenth, Market four Bridges Country Clubs. The location funks from the golf out and go toward the SINSINNY Children's Charitable Care Fund, helping out folks that are on life's margin. So they're inviting you to join them on a fun filled day of golf with the opportunity to support a charity worthy of your support and well helping out our community at the same time. So have some fun with the folks at Emory Federal Credit Union to visit EMORYFCU dot org for more information on why it's a better way to bank and more information about the golf outing as well. EMORYFCU dot org. Check them out and register right there on the website. Fifty five KRC the here's your channel nine first one and one of forecast. Got some rain this morning early, gradually clear up. Skies would be clear they say by around dinner time. Today's high eighty four pag clouds over nine seventy two for the low eighty five to high tomorrow with mostly sunny skies. Sixty four overnight with clear skies and a sunny Thursday with a high of eighty nine seventy three degrees.
Speaker 1: Time for a traffic update.
Speaker 11: Chuck from the UCF Traffic Center the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, hence the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one three, five eighty five. UCCC crews continue to work with the broken down soap found seventy five in the Lochland Split there on the left shoulder. Traffic heavy out of Evandale. He's found seventy four slows before you got to Miami Town thanks to an accident at two seventy five at the coal Ringe Split, there's a wreck. He's found laterals ramped to Ridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs. He talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty. If you got kr SE he talks station Happy Eat Tuesday. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Looking at an argument in the in the centate over this big beautiful bill. I hate that anyway. They're just arguing and bickering back and forth over all these various amendments. Remember it's reconciliation, so it's limited in the scope. So while Elon Musk wants to incorporate, you know a lot of discretionary spending changes and cut back on it. It's not part of the reconciliation process, but they could do something to cut and reduce the size and scope of government. I agree with him completely on that, and yeah, I think he's right the porky pig part of the uniparty of the United States of America. It's okay to overspend as long as it's something that's going to benefit you specifically. It's not a concept that you have on one side or the other. It's just is it going to impact my state? And if it is, then I don't want it or I refuse to change it. So they started voting on procedural motions yesterday late morning and it's been going on since then. As of this morning. Early Senator Ron Johnson described the bill as, in his words, still in flux. Yeah, heard at the top of the our news. Progress is a very elusive thing. I can't remember who was given credit for that one, but yeah. He ended up sitting down with Lisa Murkowski and they went into long discussions with her on the Centate floor. She's been seeking ways to shield Alaska from the Medicaid and snap cuts in the bill and also get a slower phase out of the clean energy tax credits. That was the Inflation Reduction Act, which is basically the Big Green Bill. All these energy tax credits going to programs that would not exist but for the fact that there's tax credits there to get them off the ground. Well, she's supposed to be a Republican and she comes from Alaska where they have an abundance of natural gas and oil, but she wants a slower phase out of the clean energy tax credits. They say, if she can't be moved, and she's joined by two other GOP opponents, which will be Rand Paul of course one of them. I think that there was a couple others who were like were suggesting no, ram Paul's been a hard no because of the dead ceiling increase.
Speaker 1: But they may.
Speaker 4: They may as a possible way to get Rampaul back on board is to get rid of that five trillion dollars debt ceiling increase, shrink or eliminate the debt increase in the bill, and you get Center to Rampaul on board. So that's one way of salvaging the thing. And I would have no problem with that, but various GOP factions are pushing the bill in their favorite direction, changes to Medicaid, food assistance program like snaps, tax cuts, centrists fighting the limit cuts the benefit programs, and potentially reel back changes to clean energy tax credits. Fiscal conservatives claiming the bill is a great, great opportunity to address the nation's rising debt, pushing for deeper spending cuts. See, the problem is inherent in the system, isn't it. You Republicans can't agree, Democrats can't agree. But the one thing you have absolutely four certain is Democrats are in full agreement that they're an absolute, outright no on this. So are you going to search for the perfect sacrifice the good for the sake of the perfect?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm sitting on the fence on this thing. I'm on the side of the fiscal conservatives. It's a great opportunity to well reduce these size and scope of spending. How is it that Republicans will be will be responsible for a bill that increases the hole that we've dug ourselves in. I mean, the one thing that they used to champion all the time was fiscal responsibility. The concept has been thrown out the door. It's like the greatest, best, brightest opportunity. The Republicans have had to bring about that reality a sane spending package, and a lot of them refuse to budge on these various issues. Tom Tillis is the other absolute firm no one. He's not even gonna run for re election. Donald Trump promised the primary him. So when Tillos came out in opposition to it because of the Medicaid cuts and his concern over rural hospital in North Carolina, He's a firm no on the bill period, end of story. So how do you placate both wings of the party simultaneously. Do you think this thing actually has a chance to pass at this juncture? I'm getting Uh, I'm skeptical at this point, I really am. And then what does the House do with it? I mean, the process isn't over if the Senec go's out and passes it today.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 4: I wish we could all agree on one thing, that we have a serious spending problem in this country. Six fifty five fifty five krc DE talk station. A little more of top before we get to the next governor of the State of Ohio, Vic Ramaswam. He joins a program at seven thirty. We'll here get his thoughts and ideas for the future of the state of Ohio that'll take place in the next hour. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: Big things are happening, breaking news happening. Now we'll tell you more at the top of the hour. Is too aggressive and over the top. Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report.
Speaker 4: Seven oh six Here after five kros DE Talk station by the Timas fishing everyone.
Speaker 1: Hey, very very happy Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Looking forward the bottom of this hour, the Vake Ramaswami returns the next governed of the State of Ohio. We got quite a few topics who over with mister Ramaswami and I'm looking forward to it. Fast forward one hour the Inside Scoop with Breit barton News, the return of Bradley J. The Bright bart Deputy news director and former Capitol Hill staffer, who will talk about these still being discussed, big beautiful Bill. Senators can't get aligned, at least on the Republicans side of the ledger, again pointing out what I pointed out in the last segment, stayed in the obvious.
Speaker 1: All the Democrats are completely against it.
Speaker 4: It's easy for them to just say no, and the Republicans are having problems with the in fighting, so I want to cut more. Others want to keep their own turf. Daniel Davis Deep Dive. We'll hear from Daniel Davis about the Well apparently devolving city at least in so far as Ukraine is concerned. Russia invading more, taking over more land, putting more troops there. If you look at the map of the amount of territory Russia is now controlling, keeps getting bigger and apparently they outnumber of the Ukrainian troops three to one. And will also get an update on Iran in Israel. Ask the expert. Fast forward to eight fifty with my friends from OHC. The cancer specialist's got some new cancer treatments to talk about with them and talk with you.
Speaker 1: I always love to hear from listeners.
Speaker 4: If you want to give me a call five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred and eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. You got to make it through Joe Strecker, though, Executive producer, Internet Research Guru. All Ron, great guy, and call Streener right, Joe. Don't be a jerk or you'll get on the band list. Just got one of those band lists. Uh, let us see here talking about you know, since they're haggling over the side and scope of this this this bill in the Senate right now, and going back to one of the problems with are going to Senator Ram Paul, for example, increasing the debt ceilings five trillion dollars. That's part of it, and that's why he's going to be an absolute no on it. Maybe they'll get rid of that clause. I don't know what the reality is impractical and otherwise might be if they do. But five trillion dollars that's a lot of additional debt and we can't afford it. And Republicans shouldn't be responsible for increasing the size of the national debt. But part of the problem we face are the ridiculous size of these programs and the fact that it is virtually impossible to track out, to track and trace all the fraud, waste, and abuse. I give props to Elon Musk. I think he said some important things the other day about it. I think it was important what Doge did and when looking at you know, the entities like USA, they applied their artificial intelligence and a bunch of smart kids with computers to you know, go through all all the records and find out where all the money was going. That's using technology to our advantage. And apparently the Department of Justice got on board with this. They just announced and here's an illustration of it. It's insane. Three hundred defendants, actually more than three hundred, have been charged with ripping you and I off healthcare bills. DJA Criminal Division Chief Matthew Galliotti said the defendants attempted to swindle Medicare and other tax pay had funded and private health insurance programs out of fourteen point six billion, with a bee described as the largest coordinated health care fraud takedown in the history of the Department of Justice. You know, and this is I'm gonna draw analogy on this. It's like they found, you know, a guy coming across the southern border and he had fifteen pounds of fenl Oh, my god, is a massive haul. How much fentanyl got through that they didn't confiscate. And I'm pleased that the DOJ has charged these more than three hundred defendants, considering fourteen point six billion dollars in fraud here, But how much is still out there?
Speaker 1: Will we ever know?
Speaker 4: DOJ said twenty nine of the defendan's charge with a lleged involvement with transnational criminal organization. So this is beyond the scope of the United States. There's another seventy four defendants, forty four licensed medical professionals charge across fifty eight cases with allegedly illegally distributing fifteen million prescription pill opioids and other controlled substances as or by way of illustration five and I'm Brian on Fox News reporting on this. Five of the defendants at a AS in singular Texas Pharmacy are accused of unlawfully distributing more than three million opioid pills, including oxycodone, hydrocodone, and carisprit, all that were later trapped by drug dealers on the streets. One single pharmacy. You would think that they wouldn't just reasonably stick out like a sore thumb. Wait a minute, we got an outlier in Texas. We woudn't want to look into that forty nine defendants charge was submitting over one point seven or one point one seven billion in alleged fraudulent claims to medicare one hundred and seventy defendants charged with various other fraudulent screams amounting to one point eighty four billion in claims to Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance companies for diagnostic testing, medical visits, and unnecessary treatments, sometimes for kickbacks and bribes.
Speaker 1: This is sick.
Speaker 4: One set of charges, an indictment against three defendants in Arizona, conspired to purchase and give elderly Medicare recipients skin grafts, something they call amniotic wound alografts, being millions of dollars. One of the defenders that described as a nurse practitioner, applied the graphs to patients even though they were medically unreasonable and unnecessary. Then aurse allegedly applied them to terminally ill patients in hospice, including some who were days away from dying. I just submit a claim. I did the procedure, Galleoti, the YUS attorney. The conduct is exactly as colson deserving as it sounds. Patients and their families trusted these providers with their lives. Instead of receiving care, they became victims of an elaborate criminal scheme. And here's the problem with medicine generally speaking. One DOJ official speaking with Fox News to the skin graphs called an emerging area of health care fraud quote, especially given the significant amount of money they can build for something, sometimes in excess of one thousand dollars a square centimeter skin craft. They say the healthcare frauds span the country and the globe. FBI officials said in the press conference one scheme called Operation gold Rush, resulting at least twenty members of a transnational criminal organization, including defendants based in Russia, being charged as part of a ten billion with a B dollar medicare and money laundering operation that's centered on catheters. They use foreign straw owners to secretly buy dozens of medical supply companies before using stolen identities and confidential health data to create and file a false ten point six billion dollars in claims with Medicare. Nineteen defendants arrested for their involvement in that scheme. Twelve have been arrested for apprehendi in Estonia they were cooperating with US the Estonian law enforcement folks. Doctor memmont Oz, administrator of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, is pleading for our help out here in the real world. We need your help, the American people. Over half the whistleblower tips that we get are for health care fraud, and over half the fraud against our government is in healthcare.
Speaker 1: And that's you.
Speaker 4: That is fraud against you. That's fraud against the American tax payer. And maybe, just maybe one of the reasons the size and the scope of these programs is so absolutely bloated. I guess I just have to wonder how long these investigations have been going. I know it takes a long time to research these things. Hell, we had to work with the Estonians. I'm glad they announced the arrests. I hope they get convictions, and I hope it serves as a warning shot to anybody else. But it is illustrative of the problem with massive government programs. I got a separate artic here of an article here about the COVID tax credit fraud SKI that was ninety three million dollars, described by the FBA as the largest ever identified in terms of fraud schemes. I guess within this one program, in an ever shrieking world with internet access, ah, look, the Estonians can get involved in the ripoff of the American people seven to fifteen right now fifty five krs the talk station. Speaking of medical services, how about affordable medical services? Well, by contrast to the American hospital system, where if you go to the imaging department at the hospital, which is where your doctor's going to recommend you go, notably because the hospital probably owns your doctor's practice, they make fat fat fat bank at the hospital imaging department. And I know it's fat bank because I know Affordable Imaging Services where I've had CT scans and MRI, I know what I paid. I know the images were fine. The Board Certified radiologist report was fined, at least in the eyes of my doctors that have reviewed them. They have the same type of equipment hospitals use. And you know what, Affordable Image Services is still making a profit. They are a going concern. So they don't charge thirty five hundred dollars for an echo cardiogram like they do at the hospital. It's only five hundred with no enhancement, eight hundred with an enhancement. Don't pay five grand for a CT scan at the hospital. Affordable Imaging Services will do a CT scan for four point fifty without a contrast, six hundred with a contrast interesting the comprice comparison, isn't it? And you do have a choice when it comes to your medical carry you and wherever you want so save heap loads of money. Five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand. The website where you can see the prices for the ultrasounds, the ct scans, the MRIs, the echo cardiograms and learn more. It's Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: It's summertime and time for the Channe nine first quarter to Wether forecast. Gets some rain early. I guess they say it's skuys will clear up by around dinner time. Hi eighty four today, although it's going to be mostly cloudy overnight seventy two for the low eighty five TOMORROWSI with mostly sunny skies down to sixty four overnight under clear skies and a mostly Sunday Thursday with a high of eighty nine seventy three degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic editions from Chuck Ingram from the.
Speaker 11: UCL Traffic Center, the University of STINCINNTI Cancer Center, that's the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one three five eighty five U se se See eastbound seventy four continues to struggle slows after drive fork to an accident just before the two seventy five coal ring split. That's over a four mile back up northbound seventy five. There's a wreck near Ezra Charles backing traffic into downtown. Crews are working with the rerec northbound seventy one on the ramp to the lateral Chuck Ingram Month fifty five kre See the talk station.
Speaker 4: Seven nineteen fifty five K Seed talk Station five one three seven hundred, eight hundred eight two three Taco Time five fifty on eight and T phones. I always enjoy hearing from former Anderson Township trustee Andrew Pappas. There he is, Drew, Welcome back to the morning show. Good to hear from you today.
Speaker 1: Hey, Brian, good morning. It's on your mind. Yeah, Well, you know, I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 6: I saw, I saw ahead. I woke up this morning. Uh, and I saw the headline another shooting. But I spoke with Joe when I called in there was actually five shooting, Yes, Joe, Joe, Joe apprised me of and I got it. I'm asking a very serious question. This is not a political I'm gonna try for a moment to be a political for a second. I gotta ask you a question. I'm not a very smart person. You've talked to me. You know that that's true. What where is the mayor? I mean, I mean, I'm being totally serious here.
Speaker 1: It's a legitimate question.
Speaker 6: Where is the mayor? Now listen, say what you want and I'm and I'm not defending nor would anybody you know. Remember Jeffrey Pastor. How did Jeffrey Pastor? How did he rise so quickly and prominently, uh, to be then in the position where unfortunately he he you know, did some stuff that you know, he took some money, apparently allegedly.
Speaker 1: Let us let us down, right, he let us down.
Speaker 6: But how did he rise to such prominence? Because Jeffrey Pastor was genuinely and legitimately concerned about violence in the city of Cincinnati and went out on the streets with the people, with people wanting to stop the violence. Now, in no way, shape or form am I advocating for a return of Jeffrey Pastor. But what I am saying that showed leadership in that particular instance, and that's why people gathered around him. My question to you is where is Astab? I mean, ASTAB can show up to every no King's rally that's around within driving distance. Are Astabs happy to show up to that? And if there's some you know, uh base of his having a parade, astabs happy to show up to that because that's easy. But these are these tough decisions. Public safety is the fundamental core function of government, and I just don't understand. You know, I'm not blaming the violence on the mayor. However, where is the mayor showing any leadership on this issue? It's the mayor seems the mayor seems to be to me, to a to a very you know, just to a to a to a Johndice eye. The mayor seems to be always looking to the next level. Where is he going from here? He doesn't seem to be overly concerned about.
Speaker 1: This position or this job.
Speaker 6: He's looking down the road. How can I parlay this into something bigger and better for me? Well, you know what, how about giving a almost got belief there, how about giving a damn about the current position you have. You are you ran for mayor of the city of Cincinnati. That entails responsibilities to ensure or at least try to ensure public safety. You're core function. We have last night not even the height of the summer yet maybe you know we're coming up on it. Fourth of July is obviously this this week, but there's still a lot of hot, steamy nights left here in Cincinnati. And we had five shootings and I don't see the mayor having and when you know the other thing of our I heard the other day he had a press conference. You took no questions. That's not really a press conference. That's just issuing a statement.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's issuing a statement.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's a that's a Joe Biden. That that even makes Joe Biden look competent that type of press conference. So I'm I'm wondering when people, when the good people of Cincinnati that can vote in the city that does not include me. I'm in wonderful, safe, beautiful Anderson Township led by good conservative Republicans that put public safety first. I'm wondering when is the mayor going to give a damn about what's happening in his city that he wanted to run for. And I'm wondering when the good people of Cincinnati are going to stand up and say, you know what, I might be a social liberal and I might be in favor of these liberal causes. If you know, it's hard to enjoy anything when you don't have life. It's the first thing life, liberty.
Speaker 7: Pursuit of happens.
Speaker 6: And yet I see no cut. And then they will say, maybe we should go in a different direction because what you are doing is not working. So you know, I hate to say this, but elections do have consequences. You elected people that have other priorities. And this is I'm not saying the violence is his fault, but his response to the violence seems to be at least just a casual observer from outside the city limits, seems to be remarkably anemic.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 4: Part of me wants to believe and you know, even if you if you just discount the idea that he's moving on to some higher political office and that's what his motivation are. But he doesn't want to acknowledge the violence. He doesn't want to address it because it's not good marketing for the city of Cincinnati. I mean, they're busily trying to get people to move into the city. That was the point of rehabbing over the Rhine, so the urban hipsters would move in and provide them with more tax money. You needed working people who were paying taxes to support all the city services. And more and more people are fleeing the city of Cincinnati for the reasons you're talking about. It's dangerous. But to have him go out and project and talk about addressing violence in the street would of course acknowledge that there's actually a problem with violence on the street. That's just my guess, But it's easier to ignore it.
Speaker 6: Part of Brian, part of being a leader, and part of running to be a leader, is you have to be ready to tackle the heart issues.
Speaker 1: Not everything is ribbon cutting.
Speaker 6: Not everything is a parade where you wave and say look at how great I am into your base, and then you don't take questions at a press conference. For God's sake, that's hard at being a leader. Yeah, if we're going to elect cheerleaders to run our government, if we're going to elect people that just simply say raw raw for our side, and not make any hard decisions. Then we're doomed to failure.
Speaker 4: Well, can't you just step back and sort of casually observe objectively that the city really has set itself up for failure with forty plus years of complete Democrat control of everything, the policies and otherwise the budgets and mass pensions, underfunded, police are understaffed. I mean, we could go on and on the roads or.
Speaker 6: Falling apart, on and on, and you know, I don't think there's a big surprise that the correlation and the uptick and violence and the correlation to the number of Democrat judges elected seem to go hand in hand. Well, you've like sending thing with soft on crime, with this anti police bias that they display openly in their courtrooms. I you know, I don't think there's any surprise. I don't think there's any you know, I don't think that's just a coincidence. I think it's a correlation'.
Speaker 4: You're exactly right. That's the pillar of the justice system is punishment. It's a deterrence to other people who would commit crimes. They say that constantly. When you've got judges who refuse to hand down sentences refuse. They let people that are violent and then in a threat to the community out on no bail. They remain a threat to society. The word gets around there is gonna be no consequence for crime in this city thanks to the liberal.
Speaker 1: Judges that we've got on the bench. Period.
Speaker 4: And then the police don't want to do their job because it's a waste of their time. Why would I arrest them for a curfew violation if they're not even gonna take them in period. There's just a juvenile center for that.
Speaker 1: They will do it.
Speaker 4: So what's the point. And you get gangs of teenagers roam in the street, committing acts of violence and suffering no consequences. It's a vicious cycle. It only gets worse. But to your point on the mayor, you're right, his silence is absolutely deafening. Hear what Christopher Smitheman had to say just yesterday on that very topic.
Speaker 1: I appreciate Smitherman.
Speaker 6: I will say this publicly, Christopher Smitherman right now, if he was mayor of this is Cincinnati, I think Christopher Smitherman would stay be marching out in the in the streets with pastors and community leaders trying to stop to this and trying to get a handle on it, rather than sitting in a press conference, not taking questions, and then showing up for just you know, very very friendly events where he's a hero for self adulation because for some reason he desires and needs that self adulation. Good. Questionably, Christopher Smitherman is a confident leader and is leading.
Speaker 7: And that's what he does.
Speaker 4: Unquestionably, you are right, Drill always appreciate hearing from me. I appreciate your passion to my friend seven twenty eight Ramaswami up next, if you can stick around. First, a quick word for plumb type plumbing plumbing done right. They know you deserve better. They deliver on better, better customer service, better prices of course, no service fee and free estimates. They obviously enjoin aplus with the better business feer well deserved and well earned. Over the years, they become the Tri State's number one installer of tankless water heaters. You need a new water heater, why not good tankless to save money, save space and have unlimited hot water unlimited. Your sewer line got a problem, They'll expect it for you, and if it needs to be repaired to replaced, they don't have to dig. They do trenchless sewer line repair at plumb type plumbing. Just a couple of the service they offer for plumbing in your residence. It's plumbing done right and they live by that motto seven two seven tight t t e seven two seven eighty four eighty three online you'll finement plumbtight dot.
Speaker 8: Com fifty five krc joy.
Speaker 4: Tik for their channel nine first one to go with a fourcass. They get a little few showers this morning and things will clear up, they say by dinner time. High of eighty four today, over night low seventy two with clouds. Tomorrow's mostly sunny skies with a high of eighty five pleasant overnight sixty four of the low with clear skies and a sunny Thursday high of eighty nine seventy three degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 11: Probably you see how Triumphing Center the university have sent in any cancer center, has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer can is here called five to one three five eight five. You see CC no change at eastbound seventy four. Crews continue to work for the wreck before two seventy five at the Coal Rings Split. Traffic is backing up to drive for over a half hour delay southbound two seventy five slows from the Lawrence Perg ramp onto the bridge northbound seventy five and an extra ten minutes out of Erlinger into town. Chuck King ramon fifty five KRC the.
Speaker 1: Talk station.
Speaker 4: Seven thirty three fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Happy Tuesday made especially happy because right now we get to talk with the next governor of the state of Ohio. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. It's always a real pleasure to have VvE eight Ramaswami on the program. Welcome back, my friend.
Speaker 1: How are you, sir?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great, man, and I am excited as hell about your campaign. I cannot wait to vote for you. I have been blessed with the opportunity here. You speak multiple times. You and I have had conversations on the morning show. We see eye to eye on all the important issues. And you know, I got to compliment you now. Your background is just absolutely perfect. You're brilliant graduate valedictorian from Saint Xavier High School. Here in a city of Cincinnati native son some of cum Lottie graduate in biology from Harvard, j d from Yale Law School. You started your own biotech company, oversaw the development of five drugs. You went on to become FBA approved that Roy Van Sciences. You've written books, I mean, and you outkicked your coverage in marriage. You are demonstrably an awesome candidate. My friend and I cannot wait to get you elected. The campaign's going well. You got a record fundraising going on right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at KB is going great.
Speaker 3: We've never seen unity like this across our state, right and I think that that's one of the things that strengthens us. Usually in a Republican primary season like this, there'd be a knife fight amongst people who agree with each other on ninety percent of things and attack each other. Anyway, we're skipping that this time, and we don't have to go through that phase of the attack phase of the process. We're united and had to say that. Our party, our movement, and I hope our state more broadly is united around common sense, economic excellence, educational excellence in this state. And one of the things I've noticed from traveling this state is we've been to over sixty plus counties of the eighty eight in the last several months. I don't care whether people are even calling themselves democratic, dependent, libertarian, politically homeless, or Republican for that matter.
Speaker 7: I think that most people in our.
Speaker 3: State are united around elevating our educational achievement standards in our schools, so many of which have underperformed, and also elevated around reducing the tax and regulatory burden in this state so that we become the state that lead the next industrial revolution, just like we led the first one. And so to me, right now, this is not about left versus right. It's about up versus down. We're choosing up for the state of Ohio, and I want us to be the state that leads America back to greatness, not just Texas or Flora. We're done with living in their shadow and we're now ready to leave the way ourselves.
Speaker 4: Amen to that, and I think a step in the right direction. At least one of the elements in the budget just Dwine, just as signed, was the flat two point seventy five percent tax income tax. Are you a visionary in the sense you want to get rid of the income tax here in Ohio and make us more marketable when we have to compete with states like Texas and Florida.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I do think that we have a depopulation issue we're going to address in the state. Especially a lot of our younger age workers are the ones who tend to leave the state, and we have more Americans leaving our state than we have moving in. We're going to turn that ship around by making Ohio the most attractive state in the country to raise a young family, to grow a business, and yes, to generate wealth and to keep that wealth.
Speaker 1: It's your money, not the government.
Speaker 3: And if eight other states have managed to get to zero income tax, you know what the state to put a man in the moon and configure this one out. I'm proud of the legislature. It was a great step that we took in the right direction. Now get into a simpler, flat taxation system at the state level.
Speaker 7: But I want us to be a state that is a zero intertax.
Speaker 5: Draw that includes mean a zero capital game taxation of state. In fact, that one of the only steps we can take to get there. In New Hampshire, these are still nominally zero intertax states and they'll still tax the capital pays. Conversely, I want to hire a magnet to capital in leading in the sectors of.
Speaker 3: The future, from nuclear energy to biotech. And these are areas where I not only want to catch up to some of these other states, I want to lead and be a magnet for the top talent and capital around the country.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: And one of the things we talked about that I think would encourage and help along those lines is energy production here in the state of Ohio and moving over and embracing the small modular nuclear reactors and sort of being the the the the go to state for efficient power generation and.
Speaker 1: You know, affordable power.
Speaker 4: If we if we embrace that and provide an abundance of power, I mean, we could sell off that power to other states who are going the opposite direction.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and right now, I just want to be sober about where we are with the AI data centers and other hyperscalers come into the state. That's while it's an opportunity, it is also a major source of added demand on our electric grid. And right now AEP is forecasting rotating blackouts in the state of Ohio in the summer of twenty twenty seven. That's unacceptable, I mean unacceptable in America. But you're seeing it in California, it's certainly the whole. In our state of Ohio, we're going to turn that ship around.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: Good news is the get the energy out underneath our ground to start with and use it. That's natural gas in the near term where we're incredibly wealthy and natural gas, we just have to cut the red tape to be able to use it. And then you hit the nail on the head and the medium term after that, I want to lead Ohio to be the top state in the country to embrace and really innovate in the area of small modular nuclear reactors, which is a far safer new generation, incredibly safe, new generation of technology that's quickly built, that's scalable, and that really leads us to our future not just for the next four years but the next four hundred, and has energy abundance that's accessible, that's affordable.
Speaker 1: Cheap, reliable for all ohiolands.
Speaker 7: As I believe is the proper expectation of every.
Speaker 3: Person who grows up in Ohio to live in the first world and be at the leading edge rather than playing catch up with energy shortages.
Speaker 4: As Governor of State of Ohio, you enjoy the line item veto and I have to ask this. I know it's a minor point, and even though it is six hundred million dollars, but one of the items that was not cut from the Dwine budget that was just signed six hundred million dollars for the Cleveland Browns New Dome Stadium. I find that as a taxpayer offensive. Sir, I'd like your reaction on the idea that the Ohio taxpayers should be funding a privately owned sports team and stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean I've been clear with our friends of the legislature and also out of respect to Governor to Wine, I'm not going to go one by one through his line out of Veto's. A lot of those just came in even overnight, and so that's fresh news this morning. What I will say is this, I want to run things in our state a little differently than the way even other states run and even some of the ways our state has run historically. With the job of a governor, I believe is to lead and set the achaine. So you want to get a deal done, go do that deal, then the best interests of the taxpayers of this state in mind, and then.
Speaker 7: Work with the legislators on the front end.
Speaker 3: To ratify that deal, rather than playing this game of you know, the legislature.
Speaker 7: A lot of great people in the legislature, by the way.
Speaker 3: But each of whom are shepherding their own proposals not knowing whether or not the governor is going to sign it. That's the way most states are run. To be honest with you, we're going to change that. I don't think that that's functional to be able to drive an actual bold agenda. And to the stadium issue, it's going to come up time and again. And my view is that the job of the governor and the job of selected officials of the state is to ask what gets the best deal for Ohio residents and to me, if you want to think about smart deals that get local skin in the game, that get greater skin in the game for private investors, that's the job of a governor, and then you go to the legislature to ratify it, rather than the game of legislators pushing one proposal, no idea, whether the governor is going to line at them vit to it in certain cases versus others. We're going to move to a new phase of unified leadership in the state through open communication that includes at the state and local level.
Speaker 7: Frankly at the local level. You know, in a lot of these projects, I think there.
Speaker 1: Should be greater local games.
Speaker 3: The local municipality is going to derive the benefit, then it would stand to reason that the local community that's going to benefit the most is also investing in a project that's supposed to benefit them. If a local municipality or a local county doesn't want to advanced, to raise questions about how big those proposed economic benefits really are. So I would say that without reference to any specific project, but about the principles that I would bring in the future is skinning the game for everybody, smart deals for the state, and then take a leadership approach round the front end. You're meeting with the legislative leaders and you're going in with a one team mentality. Especially with Republican majorities across the board. There's really no reason not to run the state that way. And you know, I want to give give credit re press. We're a great state, We're one of the best in the Midwest. I just don't want to lead us to be one of the best in the Midwest alone. I want to lead us out to be the top state in the country, and I think that's going to require moving forward with more of a forward leading, strong one Ohio leadership in how we work with our partners in the legislature and also how we work with local governments and the other statewide elected officials. We're done operating in silos. I'm ready to lead this state with a one Ohio.
Speaker 7: Mentality, and I think that's going to make us stronger.
Speaker 4: Vag Ramaswami real quickly here, would you, as governor of the state of Ohio, we have a problem with fraud, wasted abuse, like every all government programs, but I understand we have a pronounced problem with Medicaid fraud. Would you at least embrace the concept of going after fraud, waste and abuse in these various government programs aggressively to save the Ohio taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Bran, I mean, it's just common sense. Really Again, that isn't about left versus right. It's about saving all our taxpayer dollars. The fact of the matter is there's now evidence. You have great legislators like Jennifer Gross and others who have uncovered work showing that there are Ohio directed Medicaid dollars flowing to recipients in other states. Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. And the fact of the matter is Ohio deserves better than that. So I think we deserve leaders who are willing to confront the reality that many of our taxpayer dollars do go to waste. But the way we're going to do it is in some theoretical academic exces size. It's all part of the project to put more money in the pockets of Ohioans. I think Ohioans deserve We're hardworking people, deserve to keep what they are, deserve to.
Speaker 13: Bear a lower property tax burden.
Speaker 1: Remember, it is your land, not the governments.
Speaker 3: Property taxes have gotten insanely high in this state. And instead of asking, you know, what benefit needs to be cut versus not for those property taxes to come down, let's actually start with a much easier question of where's just the waste, where's just the abuse in some cases, where's the outright fraud? And I think Ohioans deserve to pay lower property taxes. I think Ohioans deserve to get to a zero income tax state, as eight other states have gotten to. That's where I'm going to lead us. Combine that with lifting up our educational achievement standards and we're going to have a renaissance in this state of a kind that we have not seen since the First Industrial Revolution. That's where I want to lead Ohio. And I can tell you, Brian in about eighteen months excited to get you are, and.
Speaker 4: We're here to help you. Vivek Ramaswami find him online, Help him out VvE V I v E K four ohio dot COM's website for the campaign is a donate button, so help him out with that. Vivek, you are always walking here in the fifty five CARC Morning Show inspirational and positive, forward, forward thinking words and we need that these days, and you're going to deliver for the state of Ohio. I feel very confident in that. I'll look forward to talking with you again very soon. Thanks for spending time with my listeners of me today, sir, Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 1: Take care. It's a pleasure. Seven to forty five right now. I fifty five KRC talk.
Speaker 4: Station USA installation a great product made here in the state of Ohio with the highest our value for any foam insulation on the market. Injected into the exterior walls of your home. You will save money every month and probably enough to cover the ninety nine dollars a month interest free that USA is offering right now. By way of special you'll also enjoy immediate day one improved comfort. You're fighting that uphill battle against the heat. Trust me, you'll be in a much better position, which is where the energy savings come come from. So there won't be that hot room in the house. You know, it'll be even a temperature around the house. That's one of the benefits of USA's phone. By way of comfort and then savings guaranteed every single month you're using your system. So for ninety nine dollars a month interest feed plus at twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes, give them a call for a free inspection and free quote. Five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam USA insallation dot net.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: When you're hurt in a car crash or.
Speaker 4: One time for the Channel nine first warning weather forecast. Maybe some early rain today, otherwise the skies, I guess they're going to gradually clear up by supper time. They say uh eighty four. The high today down to seventy two overnight, mostly cloudy skies. It'll be a sunny Wednesday, less humid eighty five for a high, clear overnight still pleasant sixty four low and a mostly sunny Thursday going all the way up to eighty nine degrees, though they say heat and humidity will return for for Independence Day on the weekend seventy four degrees. Right now, time for a traffic update from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 1: Chuck from you see how traffic center.
Speaker 11: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one three five eighty five UCCC. They moved the wreck east Found seventy four over to the right shoulder. That's helping near two seventy five, but more rainfalling and traffic is still slow. From before drive Fork northbound seventy five. You can add an extra fifteen out of Florence. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC HE Talks station.
Speaker 4: Coming up on seven fifty two at fifty five kr SE Talk station. I'm always impressed by b Big. He's such an uplifting guy. Do you hear any division in his conversation, he's talking about unifying all the highlands, trying to make things better for everybody and these and what he stands for would and will I mean a positive attitude of vision for the future of Ohio, one where we are an outlier in terms of being the best. I just I just can't help but be impressed by him, and apparently a lot of people are. He's already got eight point five million dollars in the bank for his campaign, and that's just in four months, and he's gotten every single endorsement you can hope for. I think it's one of the reasons some of the other candidates just basically gave up and dropped out. I'm not gonna bother with the primary on that guy demonstrably brilliant, and you know someone who's willing to go to back like Donald Trump. You say you want about Trump? Did he need that job? He's worth all, however much money he's actually worth. I know what he says, and I know what reality might be maybe different things, but you know, I didn't need the headache in the hassle and the and the pain and anguish and problems that he had to go through during his first term, with every day having to face impeachment and allegations of this and that, and name calling constantly con instantly dragging his name through the mud every single day. Who among us could stand up to that challenge. I mean, if you need the job, it's one thing. But you know Vveks got all kinds of money in the bank. He doesn't need the job. He wants to do it to help Ohio, which I think it's a credit to his character. Credit to his character. Anyway, Dwine, have we got some problems with Dwine And we're talking about this earlier among the items in the budget. Apparently now it has a trigger to eliminate Medicaid coverage for about seven hundred and seventy thousand low income adults.
Speaker 1: These are adults.
Speaker 4: They were expanded during the Medicare expansion that Dwine grabbed onto or prior governor grabbed onto, expanded under Obama. And why do we bother expanding it because the federal government's paying for it. And so there's a trigger in the budget. If the federal government stops covering at least ninety percent of the benefit costs, then they're going to eliminate the expansion component, which will eliminate a lot of the fraud, waste and abuse that we talk about regularly here on the Morning Show. If there are fewer people on it, then there are fewer opportunities for false claims and fraud and other abuse to take place. Other changes, they say, we'll eliminate a plan to keep children on Medicaid through their fourth birthday. And then this one puzzles me, and it's Enquire's Jesse Baumer reporting take a step towards banning snap benefits for soda and sugar sweetened beverages. And I mentioned this earlier. I don't know what taking a step means. Why not just say it's eliminated. I mean, I puzzled over that one for years and years. Why do you and I our taxpayer dollars go to supplement a family who I'm not going to argue doesn't need the assistance, but end up paying for something that is not nutrition. In fact, is a problem. It's the obesity problem, which contributes to the medical bills that we all pay in this country, probably covered by Medicaid, another government program. Right, So, if you're going to try to get cut back on the number of medicaid claims that you make. You might want to help us improve our health, and one of the ways to improve our health is quit paying for sugary beverages that have no nutritional value and add to the obesity problem. It seems like a simple step in a logical conclusion reach, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: Eh? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Seven to fifty five fifty five cares to detoxtation Breitbart News Bradley j the deputy news director and former Capitol Hill staffer, will give us his analysis of what's going on in the Senate right now, literally on the Big Beautiful Bill. As of seven o'clock this morning, Senator Roger Ricker was asked about the bill if it can pass today.
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hope it gets done. Not exactly overly optimistic from the senator. We'll see what Bradley Jay has to say about that. Plus the Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming to be at eight thirty. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: Big things are happy n this justin. We'll tell you more at the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: What they are doing is terrorizing immigrant families.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Oxford for what's developing.
Speaker 10: This is just developing out of the Middle East now.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's developing.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC the Talk station. It's eight o five the fifty five KRC DE Talk Station. If you ever a happy Tuesday, Daniel Davis deep dive at the bottom of the hour, latest on Russia, Ukraine, Iran, and Israel in the meantime.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Bradley J.
Speaker 4: Breitbart's deputy news director and former Capitol Hill staff or bookmarket b r e I t baart dot com. You'll thank me for doing so. Welcome back, Bradley J. It's always a pleasure talking.
Speaker 1: With you, Bran. It's great to be with you.
Speaker 4: Like going on in Washington, for sure, Yeah, there is, you know, if you're a betting man, and we'll dive into some of the details of what's going on there. But they're still bickering over the amendments in the Senate. We don't have agreement among the Republicans, and obviously the republic are apparently setting up to be their own worst nightmare. If you're a betting man right now, do you think this thing's gonna actually pass?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 13: Gosh, you put me on the spot right at the beginning. But I do think it's going to pass. I think they're gonna find a way. It's going to be rocky. Right now, there appear to be four holdouts in the Senate. For Republican holdouts, they can only lose three, so they're trying to entice a couple to switch over.
Speaker 1: Will they be able to do it? What will it take.
Speaker 13: We're already twenty three hours into this amendment vodama, so there's been a lot of drama. Most of it has taken place off camera in those smoke filled back rooms of.
Speaker 1: The Senate, but it is It is tense, there's no doubt.
Speaker 4: Well and what really bothers me, and this is when people's political stripe is truly revealed. Lisa Murkowski, for example, from a one of the things she's complaining about is one of the obstructionists on this thing moving forward, is the Medicaid and nutritional assistance cuts in the bill. And also she's pushing for slower phase outs and clean energy tax credits. That's the part that irks me. You'd think the Republicans will uniformly embrace the idea of phasing out those clean energy tax credits because it's a big boondoggle. I mean, those energy companies wouldn't exist but for the tax credits anyway, who wouldn't be chasing our tail trying to pursue a carbon neutral world, which is impossible. I mean your thoughts on the energy tax credits alone, Bradley.
Speaker 13: Well, they say there are three political parties in DC, Republicans, Democrats, and appropriators. Lisa Murkowski is an appropriator. Her entire government philosophy is what can I do to bring home as much bacon to Alaska and to please my donors. When Biden passed those Green New Deal tax credits and actually started handing.
Speaker 1: Him out, he was very smart. He gave maybe.
Speaker 13: Around two thirds of them out in Republican states, and it's I mean, it's the golden handcuffs. You get these, you would think conservative states and a lot of conservative politicians addicted to that federal money and they don't want to give it up. Murkowski definitely falls in that camp. Look, this is a mature industry. We've been subsidizing wind and solar for decades and it still isn't viable. The technology isn't there, and most of the technology now comes from China.
Speaker 1: We need to get rid of that. Murkowski needs to get on board.
Speaker 4: Amen to that. Brother couldn't argue with that on that point. And you know, I go from the philosophy. You know, great ideas don't need coercion, and much in the same way, great ideas don't need tax credits. If it's a good idea, you're going to pursue it because it's in your best interest. And this is clearly not a direction we would normally go in.
Speaker 1: One of the.
Speaker 4: Things that may happen if they lose your more than one senator and you find yourself in a position where the bill can't pass, you can buy Senator Ran Paul back if you get rid of the five trillion dollars debt ceiling increase. I had seen that as a suggestion of what might happen today. Is that possible in your eye.
Speaker 1: It's a possibility. Trump will be livid.
Speaker 13: It's the Democrats would have so much leverage for the rest of the year, particularly in funding the government, which we are going to have to do in some fashion before the end of the fiscal year at the end of September. So it would be so beneficial if Republicans could actually get this off the table right now through the midterms. Now, most Republicans disagree with the Congressional Budget Office, which I've written about. It just has a long history of promoting Democrat objectives and belittling Republicans and just being totally wrong on all its budgetary projections. But a lot of Republicans think that despite what the CBO says about the deficits in this bill, that because of Trump's teariffs, we're actually gonna see the economy grow significantly. Uh So the debt the debt limit will not be as big of a deal as it has been in the past. Uh But look, the bottom line is that got to find a way to get this done.
Speaker 1: You have to secure the borders.
Speaker 13: Uh or and and and do all this other stuff to protect the country or else we're not even the deaths it won't even matter. What what What does their deficit matter if you've turned into a third world country. Uh So, I think that because of everything that's in this bill, immigration, border security, opening up energy, uh what it does on taxes, goodness gracious.
Speaker 1: Uh, I think that they've got to find a way to get this done.
Speaker 13: Uh preferably by extending the debt limit a little bit further. But we'll see if they have to uh do that to get Paul on board. I deally not. I think that they'll be able to get Murkowski on board.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you bought up the CBO scoring and I agree with your criticisms of the c CB. I don't understand. It's like the alchemy or piece of God to me. I don't know how they're able to project ten years hence you know what this is ultimately going to be by way of financial impact. But one of the things I heard by way of criticism is that, at least as I understood it, and Bradley Jay, if you could help me, and if I'm misunderstanding it, the CBO is viewing the extension of the Trump tax cuts as part of the problem. In other words, we're not bringing as much money as we would had the twenty seventeen tax cuts not been a part of it. So they're viewing it from the lens of pre twenty seventeen taxing levels and assigning debt to the reduced levels that we are currently enjoying right now. Is that's have some measure of accuracy in your mind baseball on what I've read or how I'm recollecting it.
Speaker 13: Well, a lot of the discussion right now, and Democrats lost this battle. It was the first vote that was taken during this vodama on how the bill would be scored. The twenty seventeen tax credits are set to expire at the end of this year. When you are scoring the rest of that year, or excuse me, when you're you're scoring throughout the rest of the ten year window, do you make the assumption that those tax credits would have been extended.
Speaker 1: That's what a lot of Republicans are saying, right They say, you need to.
Speaker 13: Look at the political practicalities of this, and Republicans were never going to let a lot of those tax credits expire. That's what Republicans are arguing. The CBO disagrees with that. But but the bottom line is that it is in the law that the Budget Committee chairman has the discretion to choose how it is scored. This, I mean, the Republicans and Democrats have done this before. So it's just one more thing that Democrats are finding to pitch a fit about. It is nice to the Democrats actually worried about debt deficit, however disingenuous. But but they lost that battle and we're marching on. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: I have laughed literally out loud when I see the chucky Schumers of the world screaming about how this increases the hole we've dug ourselves in thus far by three point three trillion dollars and he's complaining about it. It's like, wait a second, when did he become a deficit hawk? It's like it's comical.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean they just were just a few years away from them passing as the inflation reduction. Yeah, remember that one, the one that fueled incredible record inflation we hadn't seen since the Jimmy Carter era. Give me a break, these guys have.
Speaker 1: No credibility at all on this issue.
Speaker 4: Now, Bradley Jay in terms of is this going to end up being because we're not cutting a huge chunk out of the government spending. I mean, if we're talking about any increase in the deficit, then we're not cutting an because we have a spending problem. I would like to see, you know, every turn and you know, maybe lower spending so we don't have a hole being dug at all now. Elon Musk commented about this, He called you the porky Big Party, the uniparty. He's planning on launching his own America Party if this thing passes this are are we missing an opportunity here to cut more? Or is he just he outside of the box of reality because this is not about discretionary spending. It can't be or wouldn't be part of the reconciliation process. So all the DOGE work on discretionary spending, as legitimate as it was, couldn't be addressed in this bill anyway. But could they cut more?
Speaker 13: Bradley, Look, you know your stuff. You're you're exactly right. This bill deals with mandatory spending. It's a reconciliation bill. They're constraints on it. That's why you don't have to that's why it's not subject to the filibus or that sixty vote majority at only needs fifty votes.
Speaker 1: This is mandatory spending.
Speaker 13: In the appropriations process, we can start enacting a lot of those DOGE cuts. That's where we can really take the meat acts to some things, but we're very limited in how we can use reconciliation.
Speaker 1: It deals with spending.
Speaker 13: Inue revenue, but we can't really enact these sweeping policy changes in it now. As I mentioned earlier, we have appropriations bills we have to pass before the end of the fiscal year at the end of September. The House has already passed one recisions package. It's been held up in the Senate by surprise surprise, Appropriations Chairwoman Susan Collins. We'll see what happens next week if they can amend that and get it through the Senate. If so, we'll see further recisions package. Just today there's some news rough Vote is making a renewed effort to set up doing pocket recisions, which is basically where you send a recisions package right before the end of the fiscal year, and if Congress doesn't act on it, you just deemed the recisions package and acted. There's also impoundments. There's gonna be a court battle when Trump, I think inevitably does that. But Trump can just say, you know what, I'm the chief executive. I don't have to spend this money. So there are many other ways that we can do these that we can find spending cuts, and there's a talk of doing more reconciliation bills beginning in the fall.
Speaker 1: So there are more bikes at.
Speaker 13: The apple that we can get, and that's gonna be a key part of Trump's argument to a lot of these spending hawks in passing this bill before the Senate today.
Speaker 4: All right, let's assume, for the sake of discussion today, Bradley Jay, that day does pass in the Senate, it's fate in the House because there is another critical vote over in the House on this thing.
Speaker 1: How do you see that going.
Speaker 13: It's gonna be tough, There's no question about it. Again, I think, because we'll have these other opportunity unities to cut some of the discretionary spending, a lot of the spending hawks will get on board.
Speaker 5: Keep it on.
Speaker 1: We don't know what this bill will look like right Still a.
Speaker 13: Few more Senate amendments on Medicaid and on those Green New Deal subsidies that we are likely to see probably this morning.
Speaker 1: But the House is getting ready.
Speaker 13: The House Rules Committee is meeting, well, it's supposed to meet today at noon, assuming the Senate has passed the bill by then. They're teeing up the first procedural vote tomorrow morning at nine am. There is going to be some intense pressure on some of these holdouts. But look, Trump's been able to get it done so far, Yes he has.
Speaker 4: Now, I hope cooler heads prevail, you know, And honestly, if you're an elected official from a state liking Lisa Murkowski and you want to cut the Medicaid and she doesn't, of course, you know, make the argument to your people. You know, I went ahead and I signed on to it in spite of the cuts of Medicaid because it never should have been expanded in the first place. You got able by adult people who are capable of working on a program that was not designed to help them because they aren't on life's margins. You know, it's like, sorry, you know, we're gonna have to pay it back to our Medicaid spending in the state. But it's good for the American taxpayer generally speaking, and it cuts it a large chunk of spending from the federal government. So in the final analysis, we're all going to benefit from it.
Speaker 1: Brian, you nailed it.
Speaker 13: I couldn't have said it any better. At some point, these politicians who've been in office for longer than some of us have been alive need to put the actual needs of their country before their political needs.
Speaker 1: But look, this is Washington. We don't see a lot of that unfortunately. Bradley J.
Speaker 4: Right Bart, Deputy news director and former Capitol Hill staff or. It's always a pleasure to have me on the program again. Remind my listeners to bookmark the site brightbart dot com so they can enjoy what you read and the rest of the wonderful reporting, fresh good reporting, and the reporting on things that you don't read in the mainstream media. Keep up the great work, Bread. I look forward to talking with you again real soon to see how to the team for me. We'll do always great being Mickey Brown, take care Brother eight nineteen fifty five kr SE de talk station and the Daniel Davis deep dive situation not looking good for Ukraine. We'll hear about hear from Daniel Davis on that, plus his assessment of what's going on with Ron in Israel. After I mentioned, well, no, I'm done, I got to spend a couple of minutes here, hold on, be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC our iHeartRadio music festems.
Speaker 4: Hey Channel nine weather forecast gets some rain earliestkys will clear up as a day rolls on we'll see high of eighty four, gonna be cloudy overnight down to seventy two eighty five with sunny skies. Tomorrow, clear overnight sixty four for the low, and a mostly sunny Thursday with a high of eighty nine seventy four degrees.
Speaker 1: Traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation.
Speaker 1: The future of cancer care is here.
Speaker 11: Called five one three, five eighty five U see CC plenty US slow traffick.
Speaker 1: Thanks to the and the wet roads.
Speaker 11: North found seventy five an extra fifteen minutes out of Florence into downtown.
Speaker 1: Then slow Mitchell pass the lateral. There's slow traffic.
Speaker 11: South found seventy one from above two seventy five through Kenwood. North found heavy from the lateral passed Red Bank. North found four to seventy one of slow. Go from Grand Chuck Ingram on fifty five k r S the talk station.
Speaker 4: A twenty three fifty five kr CD talk station Happy Tuesday judging Apaula time tomorrow eight thirty every Wednesday and Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming over the next segment and the meantimes. Go to the phone, Susan and welcome to the morning show. Thanks for calling today.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Brian. It's great talking to you, and thank you so much for the great guests that you have on your show. Always informative and look forward to it. I wanted to talk to you a little bit and thank you too also for helping to get the potholes. I think you're attition to all the potholes up here, especially on sunset really over the tail winter. I drive over that area quite often and that pot hole the last time that I had reported it myself. I'm team times too to the city, and finally I called the I called the Mayor's office. They said, well, we've had that repair. They said it was repaired, and I offered them a suggestion of maybe starting a doze within the city so that we can make sure that the job is being done and we're being you know, paid for a service and making it complete. But they quickly hung up on me, and shortly afterwards it was taking care of. But you were also I think a big, a big step.
Speaker 4: Well I appreciate that. I'm not going to take credit for it, but yeah, I think enough people out in the world were complaining. I was not the only one, so I kiss the word got out.
Speaker 14: I literally went past there one evening and there was somebody's front bumper sitting in that big preface. I was like, oh my gosh, and that that was it.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 14: The next day I called the free one one, you know, and called called the Mayor's office. But speaking of dog, can you tell me this does actually have any plans in place for a dog type committee.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going to happen on a going forward basis. I know elon Musk is not necessary for them to do that type of work. And my understanding is it still exists as a concept and they're still looking into fraud, waste, and abuse. The problem is you just have to defund it completely. And I think that's the direction that the that the administration is going toward, because let's face it, uh, they uncovered a lot of fraud, waste and abuse, ridiculous programs that you and I were paying for, stuff that never should have been approved. So it's a slow process. But again, if you just can't address it with the Reconciliation bill, That's why one of the things that I think Elon Musk's criticism is maybe a little bit misplaced, although I do agree with what he said about the insane spending from government. But thanks for the hard work on the potholes, Susan. I appreciate you making the call. Yeah, hopefully I'll be I'll still be alive ultimately when they repave all of Sunset.
Speaker 1: Not that I drive on it very much, but it's like going through a war zone. Stick around. Daniel Davis, Deeve Dive coming up next.
Speaker 8: To'll be right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by Keen and nine First Morning weatherfork casts. Got the rain this morning, it'll clear up later by at least by dinner time. They're saying eighty four today is high overnight cloudy in seventy two eighty five of the high Tomorrow is sunny sky for the most part, clear over night sixty four and mostly sunny Thursday with a high of eighty nine seventy four Right now, traffic time from the.
Speaker 11: UCL Traffic Center. The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, hand's the most comprehensive bud cancer center in the nation. Cancer KRS here called five one three, five to eighty five UCCC.
Speaker 1: Traffic's settling down just a bit.
Speaker 11: Northbound seventy five make it an extra ten minutes out of erling Or into town. Southbound two seventy five continues slow at the Carrol Cropper Bridge, so does these found seventy four approaching to seventy five in Miami Town and southbound seventy one from five for pass to Red. Thank Chuck Ingramot fifty five KRRA. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine on a Tuesday. You know what time it is. It's time for the Daniel Davis Deep Dive.
Speaker 4: Retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis joins the program every Tuesday at this time to talk about well usually warfare, war strategy, and what's it look like on the ground. Welcome back, Daniel Davis. Always a pleasure to have you on the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 13: Always a pleasure to be here, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's start with Ukraine.
Speaker 4: I saw an article of Wall Street Journal Russia masses fifty thousand troops around Sumi, putting Ukraine in precarious position. They described as the Ukraine forces being outnumbered three to one and some really high casualty numbers also going along with that on a daily basis, Plus the Russians continue to gain ground and take over more land. Not looking real good for the Ukrainians right now, is it?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 1: That hasn't been looking good for the Ukrainians for years.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 15: You can really go all the way back to the end of twenty twenty two, where they had probably what's going to be in history. Is there two signature successes in this whole even at the tactical level, with the taking of the Kirsoon City and the Kharkiv region when they forced Russia back over thousands of square kilometers. Since that time, it's been almost all downhill in the backwards sense for the Ukraine side. It's beginning in the twenty twenty three offensive where they were crushed in their attempt to drive Russia out, and ever since that time they have been on the defensive, and as you pointed out, evidence suggested Russia's ramping up for a pretty solid summer offensive really across the whole front line.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that in the Sumi area.
Speaker 15: Interesting thing about that claim of fifty thousand it seems to be that they're prioritizing the Russians numbers of troops and not so much like mechanized forces and tanks and the armored personnel carries, et cetera, which implies that they're still and they're going to ramp up their preferred strategy tactic, which is to cause Ukrainian casualties, not so much to take ground, because you're not going to take a lot of ground without a lot of mechanized forces and other things to allow you to get further down the field. But they do have enough to get up to the line and then continue to have casualty. So I doubt you'll see a big movement in terms of how much territory is taken here in the next coming months, but you will continue to see a very high casualty rate. And as we've talked before, it's a zero sum deal and the Ukraine side just doesn't have men to replace those they lose well.
Speaker 4: And I was thinking that along along the lines of well, if they ask for more military hardware, then they I mean, you have to have someone to operate it. And with a declining number of people behind, you know, triggers in the Ukrainian military force, which is the direction that's going, they're running out of people. I mean, extra equipment in arms is not going to help them with their depleted forces. It doesn't seem I mean, I don't know if they're clamoring for more from aid from the United States, what NATO's position is on this visa. You giving them additional arms and weapons. But you know, back to my fundamental point.
Speaker 15: Well, and that's been my frustration, especially in the Hague with a NATO meeting, and you know, all these big meetings that you keep seeing all over the television, and Zelensky again when he's making these speeches and everybody's cheering loudly and all this kind of stuff, and they're talking about how the you know, NATO's gonna go up to five percent to GDP in the next ten years, and a lot of that's going to Ukraine.
Speaker 1: They're going to give them X Y and z et cetera.
Speaker 15: The Zelensky's talking, I need air defense missiles, and I can certainly understand his desire to have that, but no one in this all of this self congratulatory parade talks about the fact that you just mentioned here about the personnel. If we give you all this stuff, who is going to operate it? Because there is a dearth of people to the front line. They still are having terrible situations where they are grabbing men off the streets. In Ukraine, they're talking about lowering the age of mobilization down to eighteen. It's terrifying a lot of parents, and there's a lot of people leaving the country trying to get out, especially if they have sixteen seventeen year old kids. They want to get them out before it gets to eighteen, et cetera. There's just no people to continue to operate this. So you're going down a path that's going to say we'll lose a little bit slower if we get this stuff, but it's not going to change the outcome.
Speaker 1: You will lose well.
Speaker 4: And they've got Grandpa's behind the trigger out there on the front lines too. I mean, we're talking, you know, some seniors out there that have taken up arms and trying to defend their country, whether they want to or whether they were pulled out of a bar and we're told to. That's just as reflectible, very desperate situation on You mentioned the five percent that Trump was able to get the or the NATO forces to contribute to their own defense, which I'm glad to see happening, and we've been footing the bill to defend them now forever.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: But that's a gradual process. Just because they're there and they agree that, okay, five percent of GDP is going to go to they have to build up their militaries. They don't have sizeable military forces right now. They're going to have to acquire the weaponry and the machinery and the hardware, which is going to be a gradual acquisition. Just by them agreeing to do that doesn't benefit Ukraine at all.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't.
Speaker 15: And in fact, there's when you peer a little bit more into the details of what's been claimed. Despite all the happy headlines and the claims that we're going to go to this five percent, which is a staggering amount above what they've been doing for decades by the way, Yeah, then you look at the details and they're saying, yeah, we'll do another reassessment about a year after Trump leaves his office. So all this congratulations in claims that they're gonna do this or that for for NATO, and you saw Mark Rucha, the NATO Secretary General, just lathering up Trump one side and down the other, crazing him in public and saying all these wonderful things. But call me a cynical, but I think that a lot of these European leaders have no intention to ever meet five percent. But they just want to get Trump off the stage into well they can get a more amenable president maybe that might not be as concerned as he is about, you know, not doing more than our share and allowing them not to.
Speaker 1: So I just called me skeptical. We'll see how it works out.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but you're talking ten years and they have all their own domestic economic issues. There's going to be a lot of elections between now and then. I'm just put me in the will see camp. Yeah, I'm with you wholeheartedly on that. I'm Jaden and cinecal about most everything. So yeah, I'm going to wait and keep my popcorn out, wait to see what they actually do. And let's face it, yeah, they might have conceded a Trump's demands, at least on paper, just to sort of get them in the room with him when he hit sits down with him and talks about tariffs. You know, it's like, you don't want to be in a bad position visa v. Trump if per agree, if you have the negotia with him. All right, let's pivot over to the situation in Iran. Is in Israel, I personally have no idea how much damage was done to the Irani nuclear facilities.
Speaker 1: I haven't been in there.
Speaker 4: I think people are still struggling over one whether or not it's been damaged for months or years. I guess the significant takeaway from me is at least there's a ceasefire and they're not dropping bombs on each other and killing each other.
Speaker 1: Right now, do you see that lasting?
Speaker 4: I mean, some of the statements from the Iranian officials that are still alive are a little bit troubling, most notably the fatois that was issued on Trump and net and Yahoo the other day. That doesn't that's not a step in the right direction. But whatever, But how do you see this?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Frankly, you have those kind of statements coming from all three parties, the US, Israel, and Iran. So in my view, this is nothing but a pause because all three parties needed it. We needed it because especially with what we're still trying to do with Ukraine and what we had tried to do in the Red Sea, and then now with this, we didn't have enough air defense interceptor missiles or offensive missiles to maintain a steady state offensive that could have lasted many months. For example, between Iran and Israel. Israel obviously was running short on interceptor missiles. They'd been firing, you know, for a long time here, and now then they stepped up, and you know, the Iranian showed that they had a significant capacity for missiles despite what some may have believed. I think you and I've been talking on this show for a long time that Iran did have the capability to penetrate the iron Dome system, and now they've proven it. And Israel doesn't have the capacity to endure that kind of sustained hit, and they've never suffered this in their entire history to the level they have here, and they can't sustain it. Iran also couldn't sustain what they were enduring because they basically had lost their air defense system. So the Israeli jets were flying with virtual impunity along with the well so yeah, so the bottom line, everybody needed a pause, But nobody has changed their position. Nothing has been accomplished, so as far as I can see, we're just waiting for it to restart.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I guess given the incredible Israeli intelligence, we've got to give them props for you know, sneaking in and setting everything up for this this strike that they did. I mean, it seems to me that's changed the whole nature of warfare when you consider drune technology and how you know, moving in and hiding things close to the targets is an achievable objective. But don't you think given these rocket batteries, these missile batteries, I would argue they take up some large space that Iranian intelligence or Israeli intelligence would know where they are.
Speaker 1: So these this open air.
Speaker 4: Space that they were able to get and achieve, it just seems to invite launches of more air strikes to blow up the very missiles that they can't shoot down once they arrived in Israeli airspace.
Speaker 15: Well, they certainly wanted to do that, but Iran for decades has been well aware that if they got into a fight with Israel, that this is how the fight would be done. So they put very few of their launchers out in the open to be seen, or like in buildings that where it can be easily identified and the building blown up. So they've all been the majority have been underground where they remain, so they have this situation where like in actually North Korea has.
Speaker 1: Done this for many decades, and that may be where they originated.
Speaker 15: The idea is that there there is like you know, these hardened caves, and then the blast doors will open, the launcher will come out, it will fire's load, and then it'll go back in there. So unless you have a plane in the air just looking or a drone of some sort that can have a target of opportunity in minutes, you can't get up there before the thing's back in its container. So it's very, very difficult to do that. And we don't even know how many missiles and launchers Iran actually has. You know, I saw some people claiming that forty percent of the launchers had been destroyed, because that seems to be the key issue. You can have a million missiles, but if you don't have any launchers, it's meaningless. I don't think anyone really knows how many launchers they have to know what percentage has been damaged, So I would not expect that that's going to go away anytime soon.
Speaker 4: And I imagine they're spread far and wide geographically too, so absolutely are fair enough retire with ten Colonel Daniel Davis, always a real pleasure having on the program. Encourage my listeners to search for your podcast, Daniel Davis Deep Dive and as always I'm looking forward to next Tuesday in another discussion Man I already am too, Brian, thanks very much, Take care, brother, have a great week. Eight forty fifty five krc DE Talk station.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five karc and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 13: In the podcast