Speaker 1: Nikki, thanks for saving my life. Look, can we just pretend that never happened. I don't want everyone at school to go around thinking I like you.
Speaker 2: I don't get you. You're hot, you're cold? What is your deal?
Speaker 3: Bart?
Speaker 1: You've got a few things to learn about women, and I will never tell you what they are. I give up Samelliolator.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: Four Finger Discount, dude.
Speaker 3: Welcome to four Finger Discount. With this week, we're gonna be stealing some bases, specifically first base. I'm Dan, O yes, and I'm guy. Will we get to second base this episode? That is the question?
Speaker 4: I certainly hope not. I don't want to be to bunk over the head and drag into a cave that feels like very much our working relationship, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: No. I've got a friend of mine who's currently I was like, there's this because his son is Elliot's friend. And I was like, do you want to come over and play on the Scoreliday's like in South Australia venturing through caves and I was like, really caves, Okay. I was like, don't end up this guy? And then the guy they got stuck upside down? Have you seen that? Story. I think I might have heard about it, but tell me more. You know, there's there's more terrible ways to die. You know, they're burning a lot, being eaten by a shark. Right, But this guy, you know those ones that go through really tight gaps. Oh yeah, and he went over a bend, so essentially he's going through this. This is his head. He went to a gap thinking it would go further down and it was just it's a dead end. So he was stuck in a gap like that and they couldn't pull him out, and he just died in there, just died stuck like that. Oh no, horrific. Yeah, that's terrible. I'll show you the picture. Oh I don't want to see that. He's not of actually him. It's a diary of what it would have been like. Yeah, that's going to be disturbing enough watch this. Yeah. John Edwood Jones was the guy like that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. So I got stuck and like man, he.
Speaker 3: Went down and realized he couldn't go in it, but he couldn't be back out. I couldn't bend his body to get out, so it was just stuck. John Edward terrible, right, Nutty Putty Cave Yeah, what's it called nutty putty cave?
Speaker 4: It was that's even I want to say undignified. But imagine like, look, that's his legs there, look died in the nutty putty cave. That's his feet. Sorry, man, that's horrific.
Speaker 3: Isn't it that? That's a ship way to go? Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 4: Ship ways to go stealing first. But I would like this more than you did. I think that seems look, as is often the case, we will talk about it. I imagine we're like, oh, that wasn't bad.
Speaker 3: Again. It's similar to our last season twenty one review. I know being your parent is starting to go through the things that Bart is going through here, and I think we've all been through this as men. I think from a male's perspective, this is a lot more relatable than a female's perspective. They paint females kind of crazy in this one. Yeah, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: If you're going to be sort of tackling an issue like the this, which is because they bring up things like not necessarily sexual harassment.
Speaker 3: But where's the panda issue again South Park? But Simpsons was she did at first? South? I did it?
Speaker 4: Issues of consent? It's a relevant issue. I think it's I mean not necessarily that the Simpsons, as we said the other day on a previous issue, has to do a very special episode about it. But I think if you're going to sort of raise the topic, it's like, oh, you kissed me, and it's not it's not what I wanted, or I mean, actually do a really good job, like that's my first kiss, I'm never going to have another one, and it's not exactly what I wanted or it's not something I invited to then turn Nicky into this girl who's like, she's hot and she's cold.
Speaker 3: She's yes, and she really liked it. She just didn't want to know that she really liked it. Painting her is like a sadistic sociopath.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're presenting, you know, an issue that is actually important and then you're undermining it completely.
Speaker 3: I thought the same thing at moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And I don't know that kind of put me off a bit because I really like what Sarah Silvan brought to the table.
Speaker 3: As Nicky, I thought, pretty much, is Sarah Silverman to a t? That character? Is that kind of is Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I was initially thinking he's doing this voice, is this Aubrey Plaza, because you know, pretty much Sarah Silverman walked over Aubrey Plaza could run. But but I thought she did a really, really good job and was a really good character.
Speaker 3: I liked who She feels like a character that could stick around. Yeah. Absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The whole undermining of the whole consent issue, it felt a little sort of old man Shakespeistic cloud in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is the point are they trying to say they think that it's too everyone's too soft these days?
Speaker 4: Yeah, very much as it hardened up. Is this overreach all that kind of stuff. So it felt like a bit of a confused episode to me.
Speaker 3: In that regard, you need to have the message at the end of saying, but you kissing her not okay. You can't kiss people unannounced. It's not okay, because you know, you try and teach kids at school. In Holly Alliott said, the girls are trying to kiss me the other day. I didn't want them to like that was I was trying to play foot. They kept trying to come and kiss me, and I was like, you can say no, mate. He's like yeah, but they were just you know, they were they were trying to I was like, so is the other way around. It was the girls were trying to kiss Alliott and it was just it was like, I just want to play footy. And he got home he was like, he wasn't upset that the girls were kissing him. He was upset that they interested his football, for sure. But I was like, I try to explain to Aliot and to Holly as well. Do not touch people, I said, especially now said it is very important. You do not touch anyone unless you they know you're going to touch them, or you ask them first, even given hugs. It sounds silly, it does, but you know, just you gotta be careful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't know what I done. It was like in your day. I mean back when, Yeah, back when I was a kid, Like at first of all a child and then a teenager, it was a little more sort of I hate to say, you know, consent wasn't much as much of an issue or much of an you certainly weren't going.
Speaker 3: To Freddy Krueger and Freddie west Is Jason. Yeah, I say no no, but your lips your lips say no no, but I say yes yes. It's like holy shit, you were.
Speaker 4: You were sort of going by instinct and vibes in a lot of way. Yes, and if you didn't, you're even here to this. That was your instinct of I want this. I'm taking it that that kind of yeah. Yeah, not good, No, No, I mean, certainly, I look back at some of the things I did when I was, you know, a young, horny pre teen or whatever. I was like that was pretty dubious on my part. Of course, even then, there were people who went beyond the pale in that regard who were also I know some guys who were a bit I'm not going to say raypie, that's not that's not the term, but you know, got a little coming Yeah, little hands, a little hands, as says he, and it's very much a Bart's girlfriend vibe this episode. Yeah, And even I back in those days was going dude, not cool.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I was saying the shit in the eighties. So you would have that occasionally.
Speaker 3: But that was a problem that people didn't speak up. That's true. Yeah, But I just thought this episode here, Nikki right, it's okay to make her this hot and cold character, but have her get repercussions. We'll have her learned something acause she shouldn't arn anything. There was no she wasn't hold accountable for her behavior. That's right. Yeah, but the Bard's character was dragged through the mud and she didn't get held accountable for it. Yeah. Yes, he kissed her, but she was They would seem like they were having a good time together, right, Still shouldn't have kissed unannounced? Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: If I'm having a lovely time skateboarding with someone, there's a vibe vibe yes, and you've stopped all this physical activity and says what should we do next? And someone says it in the way that Nikki says it in this episode. I don't know I would be inclined to view it as an invitation to maybe give me a kiss. And you hear all the time from women and men it's kind of like sometimes not asking permission or asking to go the next step is kind of sexier and kind of more appreciated. It kind of kills the mood. If he said I'm going to kiss you now, it's like, really, hi.
Speaker 3: Went Homer says it in the way he was, Yes, I'm going to hug you and kiss you, and I'm never gonna let you go and you're like, well that's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I don't know. I'm no longer out in the dating wilderness. When I met the lovely Louise and we hit it off. Sorry to be revealing stuff, honey, but I mean.
Speaker 3: I was kissed since guy Davis, this guy, I think it was fairly obviously we were going to that we were going to kiss.
Speaker 4: But I said, but it's the first date. Yeah, but I said, I'd really like to kiss you right now. She basically said, how about it?
Speaker 3: So I'm like, so you asked permission, Well that's there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I did my due diligence in that regard, but there was also yeah, but the vibe was like we're going to do this, are we? Yeah, but you know, get the get the green light. Yeah, but don't necessarily phrase dating tips from your power guy Davis.
Speaker 3: It's like, I am asking your permission to kiss you right now. So Nickol and I didn't kiss till the third date, right because I was just like, I really really liked this girl. I was like, if I kiss her, I know it's probably that's going to be it. And it was just this fear of I knew Nicola was the one I just knew on the first date. Apparently I went home, I don't remember. Mom's like you came home from the first and said, I'm probably gonna marry this girl. That's what you said to it. But I was like, I know, though I kiss her, I'm probably just me. I'm in love And Nicholas Nicholas said on the third one, I was gonna leave and she saw I leant in for a kiss, and I was like, okay, well I'll kiss her then and then because I wasn't quite sure if she still liked me or not. And Nicholas like, I was just waiting for you to kiss me.
Speaker 4: The whole time, and she's like I.
Speaker 3: Had to lean in and basically, you can't fucking kiss me. But we're getting mixed messages. The talent question is to move. The first kiss is to movement. Nicholas like, we need to kiss because the telent quest is to move. We do like doing that. Anyone who doesn't Anyone who doesn't know our south Park podcast, there's no idea what's going on?
Speaker 4: Say this isn't it when we say that line? Yes, but yeah, listen to going down.
Speaker 3: To the south Park.
Speaker 4: But check out Erection Day Direction Day episode one of our favorites, and we had a lot of fun just saying that line over and over again.
Speaker 3: And it's one of my favorite dad jokes of all time about the Chinese foods which were of my stomach, but I don't.
Speaker 4: Have about that and more about stealing first base.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the story here that Bart forces were a girl in the Approbably it's another fourth grade which have never seen me? Yeah, what's going on here? And it feels like a completely different school. Yeah, different teachers, Like well, I mean, how have we never seen these kids before? They say, the fourth grade are doing it? Like, we've never seen these kids before, no ever.
Speaker 4: None of them all and they just not even from a different school, like from a different show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was bizarre. Yeah, but they fall. I've got to hear Bart falls for Nikki, but really they fall for each other. Oh yeah, she likes she likes lets him drawing her arm and they fall for each other. And because when I when she first appeared, I thought, oh, they're being me playing this goth girls. And because she likes Twilight Red Moon, I think they call it like the Twilight thing. Sure, then she she acts like because he kisses her after they skateboard together, and then she goes, oh my god, he kissed me. Then her parents are lawyers and they sue him, and then the school brings in a policy and no touching policy as a result. I think, if you're going to do this, go all the way and just have Springfield bring in a no touching policy and have all the sand out from the sky and make it so ludicrous. Yes, because this just feels like the way they handled it here just felt like you were trying to tackle a real world issue. But you can't tackle this reword issue and make it fun and entertaining and funny if you make it ridiculous. Oh that's what South aright do. So well, they take an issue that is no touchy, but they blow it so out of proportion. You're like, well, we know they're just taking the piss here exactly. So I think, like I can envision, like you know, Quimby, this town's having a no touching policy going for it, and like then the parents like, well we can't touch each other now, what's going on? And the parents and then we have a whole consent with the parents having sex. Make it Acy Wigham tries to arrest someone, but he can't touch him. Yeah, he can't restrain them. Snake runs off. Yeah again a bad snake invitation. But see how eas yell that was fixed it. Thanks for your guys, so easy having to help. Yeah. But because they kept it to just the kids in the school yard, it feels like, oh no, but kids really shouldn't be touching each other under But it's because they're handling in a way that felt realistic to it.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, I mean, but this if you're going to be sort of teaching a lesson expanded out for comic book who learned that lesson? Then but then drawback in if you're going to be teaching something, because it did feel like they were trying to sort of explorishes in this because that's the perfect vehicle because kids always have to learn new shit because they don't know anything.
Speaker 3: I hate to compare it to South Park Again, I apologize listeners, but the thing is what they do really well. They would have taken this topic, blown it so far out of proportion Parker and Stone style, but at the end of it, there's a you know what, we learned something today, and they always have the message of this was the point of this episode. Yes, it was ridiculous, it was unreal, it was bizarre as absurd, But at the end of the day, there's always a message that you want to make sure you guys at home understand.
Speaker 4: Yes, like, hey, we're all human beings, and human beings do like to touch one we're social creatures. But at the same time is important you don't want to be doing it without someone's permission. Hey, we learned something, but no one learns anything in this episode. It's well, we can't help bad He's going to die because we have no touching mocking the policy, mocking, Well we can't, you know, we can't save bart now because we can't we can't touch him. I'd rather die than get sued by your parents. And she's like, screw that, and she gives him the mouth to mouth and mouth and mouth and saves him. But there was no lesson learned there at all. We don't see her parents again, We don't see anything we do not. Yeah, maybe I'm not going to enjoy this episode talking about it.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it though. That The other thing, too, is the other story of this episode. This is the one that got me shake in my head. Scratch my head, actually kiss you could say so Lisa again is feeling like an outside because she's a high achiever. We've had this a million times, right, but this just felt like a story they crammed in just to get Michelle Obama on the show, right, And it wasn't voiced by her.
Speaker 4: That's the thing I was really surprising, Like this didn't sound like Michelle Obama. No, it was what'scar nominated actress Angela Bassett What Are the Greats? Also personal favorite guy Davis when over EF, I'm gonna marry you Angela Bassett Man, she's so hot.
Speaker 3: But if you can't get but Michelle Obama, why do you just scrap this? Exactly right? There's no point for this and this and this episode. It feels like if you're gonna have if you're gonna get Michelle Obama on the episode, I understand.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're going to do this whole up with people be a high achiever thing, using you know, the former first Lady of the United States as your mouthpiece for it. Yeah, having someone who is not Michelle Obama do it, it's I know, what's say It negates the message, it doesn't, but it also is.
Speaker 3: Like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 4: And apparently she she Yeah, they tried together. They I think she sent back a rejection letters and could try what she should have said, a cake saying at least you tried. Yeah, in all honestly, but it's there.
Speaker 3: Well, Angela Bassett's a good get have her do it? But yeah, but do the kids at home, to whom Angela Bassett is fucking should They probably wouldn't. But my theory is, though, if you can get Michelle Obama do this right, because you know, having the first lady on the show, big big deal, right, Oh, absolutely, and her having this message fantastic in the Simpsons, the positive message. If it's not her, you just come across like it feels counterfit. Yeah, it feels fake, Yeah, because she's not saying and she didn't in real life. She didn't actually want to do this, So I was like, why would you have then her be the voice of it? Yeah, it undermines everything if she did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I don't think the whole I mean, I'm sure that believing in yourself and all that kind of thing is part of her message or part of her platform as the first Lady, or what of it but it never really sort of struck me as kind of the thing that she was out there promoting. It's like, I believe in yourself that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: I think Spice did more to.
Speaker 4: Why why wasn't Ginger Spice on the indeed, why wasn't she on the on the message board sort of big upping Lisa? That was so girls never on the same since they feel like they were, they never it just feels like that they are perfect for Springfield, right, Oh, absolutely, yeah, or at least you know when even when they went to England when what year was.
Speaker 3: A lot longer. I think it was like they were done by then. I think about two thousand and six, two and seven was still around them had left it. That was it. There's the Spice Girls. Spicyils was done by two thousand and one. The documentary is really good about the Spice Girls. Oh I remember it was a good five year run they had. Oh sure, yeah, that's why I married a British redhead sill.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that were the main things. And there's a like it's not necessarily a subplot. It's what our friend would call a runner running gag, except it's a gag that you should run away from because it's not pretty good.
Speaker 3: Pretty good. Apparently Running Man also a movie should run away fro apparently not good. The new one. I didn't enjoy it, and I love the Running Man. Yeah, you always talk about Running Man the Visional, which I haven't seen. I don't know my favorite book. It's a really great book. And the old movie is m movie.
Speaker 4: It's fine, but yeah, the new Running Man with Glenn Powell is like, I'm not enjoying this, and guess what else I'm not enjoying.
Speaker 3: I'm the running fan away from this movie.
Speaker 4: I'm not a running fan of the Running Man, but I'm not a gag. I'm not a fan of the gag that has Nelson taking his vision impaired classmate under his wing.
Speaker 3: Either's one of my favorite moments. Really, I liked it. I liked it that the payoff was that he got him back in the end.
Speaker 4: It could have been done better. What did you not like?
Speaker 3: What was it not? Like, well, we're doing favorite moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was saying there was this was a gag that I did not enjoy, and you were agreeing on something.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, there's something that's not good in this. Oh I thought you're still talking about the Lisa's thought at Lisa No no, no, no, okay, I understand it now. I liked the Nelson bit. It's interesting how it tastes changed. Yeah. I liked that because you see kids who you know, have a what we call a handicapp or some kind or whatever, and they don't see it as an issue. And we talk about Jimmy and Timmy in South Park and people say, oh, they're mocking them for their stutter and whatnots like, no, the kids around them don't see as any different. They treat them normally. Nelson here is the idiot because he's treating and the kids like, I don't see myself as different. That's like, that's great that you feel this, because there are so many people who do take that approach.
Speaker 4: You know, of course, how many times have we said about, you know, crowd work with stand up comedians and they'll rag on everyone in the room and they'll see one who is someone who was disabled or marginalized in some fashionable like oh, not touching that. It's like, man, come on, I want to be part of it. I want to be part of the process.
Speaker 3: But I liked at the end that the blind Kid got Nelson back. You know, the apprentice becomes the master whenever he says something along those lines.
Speaker 4: I liked the idea of it, I didn't like the execution of it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know who was doing the voice of what's the character's name? Want to say, Fred Kevin?
Speaker 3: Kevin? Okay, I'll just keep calling him blind kids.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at Dano's insensitive notes here. Lot of use the R word in there, buddy, considering there was no R What do you doing none of that. I don't know who it was voicing that character. It was sort of like, I guess it was the joke that they were bland and half hearted, they didn't have a lot of personality, and and they became a bit of a it's just a normal kid, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. It didn't really work for me fair enough. Yeah, Oh that was one of my favorite moments.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, then it wasn't one, man, my favorite.
Speaker 3: What was your favorite moments? This episode had two.
Speaker 4: I bring this up maybe more than I should, but I just like traditional sitcom gags. I think when they're pulled off, it's like, oh, that just not made my day.
Speaker 3: But it's like, that's really good. I like it when the job's done well, and you can tell when it's It's a classic sitcom gag as well, exactly, and these are two of them.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of yeah at the start, oh, we don't know how to work the GPS. GPS is so confusing until you go one way, but then you shouldn't blah blah.
Speaker 3: Blah, which works in twenty ten. I feel that they're a lot better now because they're like, there's road works ahead, there's a speed camera, head back into it, and it's like, this is if you didn't update the software. It's like, this is a two thousand and five version of this GPS.
Speaker 4: I was watching video on Waymo's last Night driver as cars, and Waymo is a company that has driverless cars, taxis and things like that. That's terrifying to me.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 4: But they're also saying it's like and reputable people saying the number of fatalities is like way way, way way down. And you've got people from any that's saying these cars don't drive drunk, they don't drive distracted, they're not you know, texting, they're not changing the radio station anything, but.
Speaker 3: The cars around them. Ah, well, there is that. But you can be the safest driver in the world. It's always idiot. On the other side, it's always the very it's never my fault. But I thought when they arrived at school at the end, it's like, yeah, but they've been taken there by a toe truck. It's like, oh, that was good. That was a good notice that. Yeah. I thought that was a really great review.
Speaker 4: It was just yeah, snappily done.
Speaker 3: I did like the Schubar kicks's smart in the computer and it's like, no, he probably is. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So one good visual gig and one good one liner is when Nicky's parents show up. I'm an attorney and you know, my husband here is a prosecutor, federal prosecutor, federal prosecutor, and then we're both angry. It's like, maybe it should look for better job, or maybe it's easier jobs. It's like, that's a classic Homer gag. Yeah, that's one that I was. There was actually several in that one scene. Another one was We're gonna sue you down to your last time. Dancy just yeah, of course he's a professional. Yeah, of course, he's really really good at voicing Homer and other characters. But yeah, just that, well maybe you guys should look easy a job like that's that's gold.
Speaker 3: We're going to make you wishy. Never someone's ever born. Halfway there, baby, really good ones in that scene. Yeah, so those are my favorites. Yeah, so I liked that. I liked the I like missus Hoover taking joy and Lisa failing. Is she miss Hoover or missus Hoover miss Hoover miss Hoover? Yeah, yeah, sorry, And there's a reason they call him miss Hoover. Oh yeah, have you have you seen that scene? Oh yeah, yeah, you did it. You did a whole little short on it. I think you put it on. Oh yeah, we did too. Yeah. It's like damn and then we got demonetized, just like in approve it.
Speaker 4: There's nothing if people understand you conflate hoover with vacuum cleaner, not outside of the UK.
Speaker 3: No, No, I didn't know what that meant until I met nickoln Because I'm going to hoover at the floor. I'm like, what the fuck are you talking about? I'm gonna hoover. I'm like, that's vacuuming. She goes, No, it's Hoovering. I'm like, Hoover is a brand. Oh yeah, but I did the same thing. Though I've mentioned this before. We used to say I want a berevel sandwich, which meant toasted sandwich. Yeah, that's not a beveled sandwich of breble set.
Speaker 4: It's a toasted s It's like, oh God, I need to blow my No, someone get me a clean X.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I'm going to you don't watch wrestling. You watched WWE.
Speaker 4: The first one to get there, not actually not always the first one, but the most excessful one or the one that really makes the real imprint. Yeah, it's so their name becomes synonymous with the actual act. They talk about it in either the social network or Steve Jobs. It's like, you know, for years in America, like IBM was the phone company, and that was just you know, it was LIKEM or maybe AT and T's gonna say it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ib was computers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I know, and then IBM became the computer company.
Speaker 3: Or something along those. We can't let that happen for a while because you had the when they had the clear computers as a kid. This is the way of the future to be able to see into the computer. It felt the greatest thing in the world. It was great. Yeah, and it was form and function. Was it the iMac? Yeah, the school had all these that you wanted. The computer that marful, Yeah, the blue one.
Speaker 4: I love the IMAD thought it was fantastic.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: People were saying, oh, it's a bit chintzy and a bit sort of was iMac. iMac pretty sure that one. Yeah, as you said on a previous episode, I was pretty much always right.
Speaker 3: But it felt like they were more translucent. This is a very translucent, but there was like was purple ones and there, but they had that looking. Yeah, it was so cool. They really were.
Speaker 4: And I look, you spoke recently about your new TV and how it's like thin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put the guys put in the wall, and I'm like, he's like, it's got a snap.
Speaker 4: Well that's yeah, was saying the same thing. But she she got a new TV as well, very very thin one. And you know, I'll come over with stuff on a on a USB stick to ca ye, put that poke it through the TV.
Speaker 3: My TV's got the one connect box. Okay. So now it's one call coming from the back and there's a box on the bottle which has all your HD MY reports and things. So now don't have anything into the TV anymore. Yeah, convenient when it's on the wall, because trying to get it into the TV when it's on the warts impossible. Yeah, I know what you mean. Yeah, anyway, okay, but favorite moments should be time ask one question each. Okay, okay, well I did have three. But my other favorite movie, by the way, was I like Homer's Legs under the car. Oh yeah, and Bugger, look that's genius. Next question you there eating the Beast.
Speaker 4: I did have three true questions, but then you killed one, So now I've got two as minute.
Speaker 3: Shall I ask you one? Yes?
Speaker 4: I worked around it before when I mentioned them. But what other names of Nicky's parents? I didn't say them? Ah, Bugger, Damn Brody and Madison McKenna Brody. And there was wasn't a surfer kid body? I think in the Yeah, yeah, you know who body was when it comes to surfing.
Speaker 3: Bro that's some point, Braig, isn't it is? Patrick Swayze? Yeah? Man, you glad I knew that.
Speaker 4: Sure this podcast, dude, doesn't that point break this relationship?
Speaker 3: Oser? My question for you is what play was canceled? Oh man, was it? I fair lady? Yes, I watch grade. I'm going to say five third grade? Oh no, yes, third grade? All right, that's trivia. Let's get up with this one more question. It's more questions. Go hit me with your question.
Speaker 4: Okay, missus K has gone where to save her sister from the programmers who are going to do programming from that other culture. Yes, we're aware of it because someone we know goes there frequently.
Speaker 3: Someone we need.
Speaker 4: Goes their second home. That's Portland and I think it's Portland. Did they say Portland or just Oregon? I think we'll get to in the notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yes, And my final question for you will be who says no, who's taking the no touching pledge? Which famous singer?
Speaker 4: It was their version of handam on Tanna, which is damn it Alaska Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Having a stroke. I can't get I can't give you mouth to mouth. We've got a no.
Speaker 4: Touch all right, So you give someone you wouldn't give someone mouth to mouth that they're having a stroke, would you?
Speaker 3: What you do having I'm not sure knows what they're doing. I'm talking about someone to give old boar Stone Cutter shout our time, starting with the incredible Katie g with her one hundred dollar support. Thank you so much, Katie for being the numero uno stonecutter here at four Finger Discount. Also shoutouts two the following stonecutters. We have Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zap Pruitt, Shannimacker, Elliot, j O'Neill, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean deVie, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental Plan, Flood, Bella winder Bank, Jack McFadden, Keith appleby Aadrick McLeod, Mark Trelevan, Ginger and Pickle Preston, Murray, tale, Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shephard, Joe Readenseec, Dave Pretzels McNally, David Lang, Damie Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Sharp, Carter and Craig Alt smash Glosso thank you for being top tier supporters here at four Finger Discount, hopefully keeping the lights on for many years to come. All right, So yes, stilly First, the visual edit of this episode was March twenty Firth The Three Firth March twenty first, twenty ten. The top three films at the US box office when this episode aired were number three Diary of a Whimpy Kid apparently making number six at the moment or something. I've never seen any of them, never read anything about it. No, I just know very successful franchise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they rebranded it now's Diary of a CEO.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that I thought that was not bad. Number two is a movie about Boba Fett the Bounty Hunter? Are you aware what the Bounty Hunter is? No?
Speaker 4: There was a stage, No, that would be a great movie. There was a stage in the late two thousand's, in the early twenty twins where it's like, you know who can do anything? Is Gerard Butler?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, why now do this movie?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's let's put him in romantic comedies. It's like, I like LEAs has Fallen. I like Gerard Butler a lot. Yeah, but it's like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not sure he's built for rom coms.
Speaker 4: No, and this is this is kind of like a take on Note run Well. I think it's is it him and Jennifer Aniston?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, And she's like Milo must retrieve, he's bail jumping ex wife Nicole. The job gets tougher than he anticipated when Nicole escapes while chasing a lead and they both end up on the run for their lives.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I don't remember a great deal about it. But he also made one with Catherine Heigel from Knocked Up and Gray's Anatomy called The Ugly Truth, and that was like, Wow, this is a this is a war crime. So it's like, hey, Gerard Butler, I think you should maybe just do action from now on.
Speaker 3: Rom Com because another one that I know of that did really well perce I Love You. Oh yeah, it was more like a tear jerker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because didn't did he die well anything? Oh well, I think that's I don't think that's a twist. I think that's the whole premise of the movie is that you know he's he's died, but he's left a whole bunch of notes for his for his ex wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so holy. Kennedy receives letters from her late husband that bring her hope, strength and inspiration and make her feel as if he is standing by her side through there's difficulties in life.
Speaker 4: And she eventually finds Love Again with Jeffrey Dean Morgan who basically looks at.
Speaker 3: Hell Butler and brings out Lucille and that's Russia gets real its Negangan or Negan.
Speaker 4: I always said Megan, but Megan, and then now American seams the friend will say Meghan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's where they say Craig instead of Craig.
Speaker 4: As well, they do stop mispronouncing Craig.
Speaker 3: I sort of think about that. Apparently it was like the anniversary of when the episode where he killed what's his face Glenn in the wring Dead and everyone's like, and five million viewers stopped watching the show immediately. Literally, What's what happened? I reckon I last maybe two or three more episodes, and then Nicola just looked at me. She's like, I'm not enjoying this anymore. It's just it's become gruel. It's making me, making me feel bad, and you watch the rating and it's just like a lot of people like that with Thrones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think a lot of people like that post Red Wedding. Yeah anyway, yeah, but Joy Butler, he's doing fun. He basically recently made a movie in Melbourne. It was not far from us.
Speaker 3: Oh, Okay, I had him on the show. I saw a tweet where it was like, they don't make forty million dollar action movie or forty million dollar movies anymore. It's all big budget movies. And someone shared a picture Joe Gard Butler is Girard Girard Gard Butler. This guy's still making them. And then it's like state them as well, that these guys keeping the genre alive. Yeah, very much. So they don't care where the film's coming out. It's just like paying my money and they'll be there all right. So yes, they're still in first base. That the top three films that I say, all of them, and Alison Wonderland is still number one. How hell? Why what's going on here? What else is that? Yeah, she's out of my league. Fail all the way down to number six. Oh boy, have a taste lingering around. But anyway, So the episode was written by John Frink, directed by Stephen Dean Moore Jeffrey Dean Morgan. No, not at all, No, and the chopball gag World War two could not beat up World War One and the catch gig is the catch is replaced by an empty garden. It rains a giant squash is produced, and Marge, Maggie, and Lisa as insects fly to the vegetable hoping for a meal. Home, his caterpillar like head pops out and the rest of the family comes around him. Don't forget that. You also have the billboard. Yes, what is the billboard?
Speaker 4: The billboard is I've forgot Oh damn, I forgot the name of the clinic. But it says Home of the One Hour sex Change, so it's probably doctor Nick.
Speaker 3: So as doctor Nick on there, I believe. So, Okay, I don't think he works for any particular clinic. He's just he's his own beat.
Speaker 4: Okay, well it did say Home of the One Hour sex Change.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, wow, oh wait, we never sod kicks off with as we were saying, Homer using the GPS to get the kids to school, and it's in meters and not what do they say feet? Yard? Years? Yeah? Yards yeah, which is always weird for me because playing like Tiger was ninety nine, it's like one hundred and thirty seven yards. I'm like, how far is this? It does make any talking like backyard, But my dad always knew because D's like we used to do it by this method, and when dad was younger it was like, no, we used yards, we didn't use meters. When did Australia change to the metric system, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: I want to say in the nineteen seventies, but maybe the eighties.
Speaker 3: It was in between seventeen seventy seven. Yeah, seventy four converted to kilometers. It was correct. So you would only really remember this though metrics, wouldn't you, because you.
Speaker 4: Weren't two young sort of pretty much?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's all what Nicholas family come over like, oh yeah, I lost two stone. I'm like, I don't know what you're talking about. Mum will always yeah, so does my mum. And they still say stone.
Speaker 4: You can lose a stone or two guys like.
Speaker 3: God damn, but but one saying I lose one stone as opposed to five kilos like once I can lose one stone. Yeah, that's all right. It's like what kind of medieval measurement are you using here? Yeah? Well how much is a stone?
Speaker 4: One stone is something?
Speaker 3: It's six colock. See, mums like you lose ten kilos? That what she said, you use a couple of lose couple of stone. I don't know there was that much six point three kilosa. It's a big stone. Yeah. Well sometimes you say, people say, you know, I lost ten kilos and that's sounds like that's good. It's a good effort. You go to a supermarket get ten bags of one kilo sugar. That's a lot. Yeah, that's a lot of fucking weight, it is, I think a lot. Yeah, it is a lot of weight. Indeed. Yeah, okay, yes, they're doing the GPS in me. Just hope he doesn't understand. Lisa explains the math. They missed their turn, takes them into a construction site and it does like drop elevation. I think they get listed up in the end. Yeah, yeada. I thought it was a funny opener. It was not too bad. Yeah. Then he dropped off at school, throws a GPS into the pool in the house across the road, but then enters class. The kids are just ruining everything. Missus case she's not going to be This is what happened when the substitute teacher wasn't arriving. Missus Casey's gone to Portland. As you said, yep, people have hired people. She hired a d program. Her sister from the cult turned out to be an even bigger cult. So Skinner says they're going to merge both the fourth grade classes, and the teacher takes their shoes off, and the twins are a boy and a girl. Their kids are arriving, and then they other kids in the other class aren't being very welcome to them. Boat he's a surface, he's not. He's kind of Tom the house. Yeah, as Air. A blind child. I think his name is Kevin. Didn't run he his name? Apologies, Kevin, pologies, blind child, he says next to Nelson, and Nelson thinks, oh no, he's lunchbox off and he goes to bout and then he realizes he's blind, and Nelson's just like, oh my god, I've got a friend who could look after him.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: Got to protect him, even though he doesn't want to be protected. Then Bart meets Nikki as she devised the desk with frank and cherry fruit by the foot.
Speaker 1: My side, your side, Hi, Nikki, I'm Bart. The situation it's nuts, right, Oh look at you opening a book so you won't have to talk to me. Well, I'm just gonna be tuning up the old armpit.
Speaker 3: I can never do the fat noise in the arpit you could never do it. I can do that in the head. I was able to do it. Remember when you're when you're a kid, it's like you want the really sloppy ones. You just sort of lick your hand a little bit before you do it. Wow, have you passed some information on do elliot? I have indeed. Okay, he discovered So my kids just discovered one of life's great joys. The whoopee cushion. Oh they'd never seen a whoope cushion before. This whoope cushion gave them hours, hours of joy. It'll be like discovering fire. It's just like you blow up and it farts again, and you know they they're playing tricks on you. And I can see it coming a mile away, and I was like it and I can hear them, and I'm like, all right, take my tongue, get into the chair. Ali puts it in their hide. Line it up right, Do sit down on it too fast because you're split it? Yeah, sit down. Kids, think it's the peak of comedy. We got him. He never saw it coming.
Speaker 4: When it comes to tuning out the armpit, one of my very vivid childhood memories is Paul Hogan did it on The Paul Hogan Astralian Ic on Paul Hogan This Yeah, hes there, his weekly show just called The Paul Hogan Show. But on one episode, one of his characters, all Hoages himself basically did putting the one hand under the armpit and flapping it makes a farting noise.
Speaker 3: Came to the next day.
Speaker 4: Every second person, by which I mean every boy, the girls just looking like you guys are.
Speaker 3: Idiots, but every boy was doing it.
Speaker 4: And if you could do it well, you were basically just hoisted on shoulder and just carried around like champion.
Speaker 3: It's a universal thing. Farts will always be funny. They will, Yeah, they will. Nicky's not having anything to do with but she's not interested at all at this point. Then Lisa she gets an f and usually this is where she wakes up, so she's like, she jumps off the desk and she face plants the ground, and Miss Weeaver says, I take her joy in this, little miss perfect. And bar is now reading A Hungry Caterpillar's blown away by how much his hungry caterpillar can eat, and Nicky is reading Red Moon, and Bart's like, ah, that craps a lot of shit. You know, here's what the real Dracula, real vampire and a Stracula with Yoda's head cut off Yoda's head. But yeah, they're ragging on Twilight here. This is very twilet was very big at this time. It was very big at this time, and I was very I'm very pro Bart here. I never got the Twilight phase. I mean, obviously it was more targeted at the female viewer. Yeah, but I just I tried to watch one once and I was just like, this is what you're watching this? Yeah, I never read it any of the books. Nikola loved it. I was like, really, yeah, he seems too smart.
Speaker 4: For this, Nicola. Everybody's got this something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've watched pro wrestling.
Speaker 4: But I was reading movies at the time, so I would I had to see all the Twilight movies and I was kind of like, not for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I just felt very emotional for nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, but that's what it's like when you're young and in love and like, oh wow, emotions.
Speaker 3: But she doesn't feel the many. She's blown away by Bart's drawing of Dracula, so she allows him to draw a tattoo on her on her it's just a.
Speaker 4: Text he of course, yes, of a robot, throwing up screws.
Speaker 3: Yes. Then out the window we see Lisa who's sat on the sea saw. She hopes Harvey Ever find out about her f and then all the other kids start thing and she's cooler now because you've got you failed. I'm like, God, you're no longer a nerd. And then Miss Hoover arrives and ruins the party by saying she actually got an a trouble plus and she got confused with Ralph. Was Ralph copied Lisa's name but not her answers or something?
Speaker 4: Once again, it gives me no joy to say, piss off Ralph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then the kids mock her for being gifted. I'm just advanced. You can all catch up. Then Bart asks Homer for some advice with girls. He thinks he's under the car, but he's not so because that's actually genius. But then Marge catches Homer walking around. He's basically be fixing the car. He goes and hides under the car as well, and Homer says, go talk to Grandpa. He used to be a man. He can't peel the banana. I like this transition, so Grandpa, and it cuts the butt killing it for him. Yeah, yes, And Grandpa says to still a kiss to see if she still likes him. And I remember like it was yesterday, and he's remembering white noise, So basically he's saying, here, just just kiss her in your day, buddy, that might have worked. Yes, it's I'm not going to work now. So he sees Nicky, who's now skateboarding. He can't believe. O my god, she boards as well. We have montage and them skateboarding together, having a good time. At the end, he says, well, this seems like the right moment top of the slide, goes in for a smooch, gives or a kiss, and she just she embarrasses him. Oh my god, that was my first kiss and I'm never gonna get it again. And it's with Bart Simpson and rolls a way dejected, doesn't he Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, I want to give a shout out to the music that was playing when they were skateboarding. Nice, a little electronica thing. I don't know exactly what it was. I want to say, was the great Georgio Moroder from Midnight express That's kind of what it felt like. But anyway, I just wanted to say that.
Speaker 3: Was cool music. Did you read the wiki page? I did, and they did not mention it. Now Nicky's parents are confronting Margin Homer in Skinner's office. Marge Homer, this is Brody and Mandison McKenna Bart has been sharing a desk with their daughter.
Speaker 2: NICKI earlier today, your son engaged in inappropriate mouth on mouth contact with our daughter.
Speaker 3: You mean he kissed on the top of the slide. That's all that happened, and I got to miss work I could get you.
Speaker 2: Mister Simpson. I'm an attorney and my husband is a federal prosecutor, and neither of us is happy.
Speaker 3: Maybe you guys should look for easier jobs.
Speaker 2: Unless you make this an affection free environment, we will sue this school for its last time. All right, here it is, and we will make you regret the day your son was born.
Speaker 3: You're half way home, lady, Yeah, good gags.
Speaker 4: I mean the characters of Brodian Matters are a bit obvious, yeah, and a bit kind of again, sort of feeling like the writers are old man shakes hystic clouds, like oh, this model litigious society.
Speaker 3: And that's coming from my perspective. I come across a lot of parents of kids obviously now, and there are so many parents out there that just get their niggas in, are not overdding nothing, and you just think, just relax, just chilling out. You can't be feeding them this. It's got this that I'm like, I hate it.
Speaker 4: I was fine, we didn't die unless it's got a nut in it.
Speaker 3: But well, I'll just go talk to Nikki. It was like, you can't talk to nick anymore. Like I will suit the passives. We can't do it. We'll be eating garbage the buses. Is weird thing about Mum can turn garbage into a tasteful food or something. I don't know the whole I'll just be oh, thanks, Yeah, I didn't get to the point of that. Homer takes but somewhere to distract boys. And it's the itchy and scratchy movie. I guess cinema, aren't they infrating? Ah? Yeah? And this goes on for erva. What's it a parody of?
Speaker 4: This is the parody of a movie called kayanus Quatzi. Okay, It's just like a very big art movie in the eighties. It's basically there's no story to it. It's just a lot of images of modern life.
Speaker 3: The word is.
Speaker 4: I've forgotten the actual Native American tribe, but it basically translated its life out of balance, and you're showing a lot of images of the modern world. It's kind of like, oh, it would just be cool and natural, and now we're imposing a lot of weird shit on it. It's kind of a rite of passage, certainly in the eighties for young people, maybe in their late teens early twenties, to get really stoned, go to the Valhalla Cinema and watch Kina Quatsi.
Speaker 3: Okay, well they never got stone, but they're watching in three D they are.
Speaker 4: And also what they're showing here is not really kinda squatzi either. So it was just a weird it's weird from the inception, and it's poorly executed.
Speaker 3: And it goes on way too long. Yeah at list, I mean, while was in the school library writing to a fellow gardening enthusiasts, she says he's too sad to do anything, and then she gets a message from Floats one saying Nope, don't give up, and Skinner calls for the pretty patronage. Skinner calls for the assembly and these where they announced that there's now going to be they did the play there's going to be a no touching policy because but kissed the girl essentially, so we have Skinner playing the role of Bart and Willy's playing the role of the girl.
Speaker 4: Did you at your school ever have this kind of thing not not necessarily put on by the school itself, but they would like bring in outside theater groups or whatever. It's like, here's why bullying is bad. Yeah, I'm pretty sure we knew that. Yeah, it's still fun. But it was a chance to get out of school, to be sitting here. You're like, hey, it's it's something to watch, watching get a class, watching the Wooly Jumpers. That was the local theater trip that would do shit like that.
Speaker 3: Yep, but this is basically here. Whether that's you can't you can't touch any touch on the kids anymore. They have Willy and Skinner kiss. They all laugh and if you don't stop laughing, I'll make them kiss. If on long goog make the kiss.
Speaker 4: All day, And they started making out for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's now no kissing policy at the school. Alaska Nebraska says I took I took no touching policy. Pledge Goodie is a Reels another poster. Bart thinks that he's done something wrong. He has, but they've made him. They've taken him to the school harder than he needed to correct. In my opinion, which is which is the Joe? If a boy kissed Holly and she felt really upset about it. The reason I feel this way right is because they make you the view aware that Nicky didn't mind. If Nicki was actually upset by it, well, then yes, they undercut it by having Nicki going, well, really I didn't care.
Speaker 4: Well cut, Yeah, we're going to talk about it in just a minute or so. When I think she's in the lock and she kissed, she's hanging out in the locker, kisses him and then says, look, who's all confused? It's like I think I've written any of what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, really undermining the issue. You have undermined your own argument, exactly right.
Speaker 3: But now I thinks that she's a psycho, but he doesn't want to stop hanging around with her because you know, boy, he's are boys, right, She's still a hot young lady. Yes, Willie is raking the leaves outside and Lisa is laying on the grass and a helicopter arrives at V eight to sixty and which blows Lise back onto Lisa as where Michelle Obama rocks up and she reveals that she was floats one because she just roundly hangs out in check grips about gardening. And she tells Lisa to not give up because she was a success, so you should continue.
Speaker 4: I was a high achiever, so yeah, keep being a high achiever. Yeah, Like, I don't think the high achieving kids really need an ego boost. They're probably doing just fine by themselves.
Speaker 3: And it was so weird. I just told her appearance was just bizarre to me. It really was. And Nicky and barter on the roof. Bart thinks he has a girlfriend now but luck, you owe me and he apologize and she gets angry. Stop apologizing, and I'm just like, why she becomes cygo now if you're gonna have this kind of story that has you know, this is Bart's girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a girl who's hot and cold. Yeah, yeah, it's exactly that. Just don't tag it onto an issue that is actually relevant and requires some degree of nuance.
Speaker 3: If you're going to do this, at least have her have to admit to her parents that I blew this out of proportion. Yeah, but he bumps, his head falls off the roof. She thinks he's dead. Oh, I love him. He's alive. Oh he's a loser. Sure. Then Willy pokes with a stick and trying to give him gob to gob. Chalmers says, you ain't allowed breaching the no touching policy. Skinner says he'd rather a dead child than be sued by her parents, and she just skateboards over him, gives him mouth to mouth, and we get the montage of all the various kisses from the various films like Gone with the Wind and what was the other ones? Godfather Part two, Alien three I thought was funny and just the and the I've always loved the wall a kiss little when he does a little lightly, but it just sort of floats away in his face. And that's what it's like when you get your first kiss, right, true, absolutely, yes, this is where Butt wakes up. Willy kisses Skinner and now touching is allowed once again.
Speaker 1: Nelson, now that the bands have been lifted, let me touch your face. That way, I can see you with my fingers.
Speaker 2: Who I said, your face, not your butt.
Speaker 3: Oh you feel comfortable enough to mock me.
Speaker 2: That's for mocking me.
Speaker 3: Nelson, your punch restored my vision. I can see you again.
Speaker 1: Really, Kevin, that's wonder The student has become the master.
Speaker 3: Nicki then monts Bart to forget all about her. She says a few things need to learn about women, and she won't tell them what they are, and then walks off. She kisses come back and kisses him and he screams, I love you. And that's the end of the episode. That's the end of the episode. Yeah, it takes a real weird turn at the end. It's a touchy theme. But if you're gonna do this, you gotta really spring field it up. Make it ridiculous, make it ridiculous. Yeah, it should have expanded to me on the school school because here, the way it's handled, it's like, well, you want Nikki to be held accountable for her behavior, it's not fair that barn is being dragged through the mud because of all this. Bart's got to learn a lesson. But yeah, we all need to learn a lesson. The whole spring for needs to learn a lesson. It's like, no, there's a difference between touching and miscommunication, right. You know, we're not saying, go fucking go ahead and kiss somebody because you think they like you. But it's like, don't be pepular, pure and and sure make sure that the consent is there. Just going from because someone kiss someone unannounced, we can't touch anybody anymore. I loved your idea of snake getting away because you can't touch it. That that just feels like Golden age Simpsons, doesn't it? It does we wys I like to be able to stop it.
Speaker 4: I remember that las A lat Yeah, there's.
Speaker 3: So many funny moments you could have had with that theme of no touching Alad in Springfield. Ah, well, we'll always have our episode that we made in our own hands in the Springfield subway. Correct. What do we learn? Bomb would you learn from this episode? Mister Davis? That's don't trust women women? All right?
Speaker 4: He can, he can think it, but he shouldn't say it's right.
Speaker 3: But he shouldn't say it. If you are a bit.
Speaker 4: Of a high achiever in your young years, don't feel bad about it, because you too could one day be first Lady of the United.
Speaker 3: States, you might be hired to voice the first lady in the United States. So yeah, that's what.
Speaker 4: I learned from this episode. If there was anything.
Speaker 3: From this day forward, your name will be It's time now for the Guy Davis New Name Championship for stealing first base. You can't leaderboard stance at this In first position, we have Philip jay Hawkans on nineteen points. We have Clever Kyle and Nathan Briggs both on eleven points in second position, and Mike Salter in third position on nine points. Take it away. One point goes to a nikky situation. Rachel game with some points. Yeah clu leader board, Rachel r.
Speaker 4: She is now on five points, got like three points in the previous Yeah wow yeah doing well two points. Two points goes to American Kiss story X and you smell.
Speaker 3: That ex American Kiss thory X goes to Heath applebe a game with two points. We do like those apples. We do like those apples. Indeed, well, the Heath is now on four points. I like seeing some new names on this leaderboard, shaking it up.
Speaker 4: Three points goes to did it all for the Nikki?
Speaker 3: Oh not bad to play on? What did it all for?
Speaker 4: The Niokie by Olpal's limb Biscuit, Limb Biscuit.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon they still like tour? Do you think they have like the hardcore fan base of guys who are like, you know, in their mid forties late thirties, are just like reliving there would stop ninety nine days, Possibly we might break.
Speaker 4: We're either on the verge of its happening that.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not it's that roll and roll ow.
Speaker 4: That's either happening now and we don't know a lot about it, or it's on the verge of happening because Fred Durst and the crew are like Stuffer come back.
Speaker 3: You know, he really had a look, didn't he, with the red hat and the jerseys. Oh yeah, and the little sort of people go there. Yeah. But we were talking the other day, was it about Sugar Ray playing at some I know, if we were talking about it, you might have been talking about something else. But I did see that he was playing the park and people were mocking him for it, and everyone's like, it's a steady gig, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it looks like he's having a good time.
Speaker 4: I said that guy's got a few money from fly and Sunday morning and every morning, every morning, every morning. Yeah, I mean they probably sold that to commercials all the time for that rift. He's making music with his buddies, I mean Scooby Doo the movie. Oh yeah, I'd say he actually sort of won ad Live. I wouldn't be mocking Mark mcgrae or Sugar Ray for that, nor would I mock Fred Durst, not to his face. But anyway, did it all for the Nicky's played it all on? Did it all for the nookie?
Speaker 3: And three points? Speaking of more, speaking of new names on this leader board, that is Philip J. Hawkins. I see what you did that? Yes, so he has now double second position. Philip J. Hawkens is now twenty two points. It's gonna be hard to catch him. Oh my god, he's lapping folks. Clever Kyle, He's very intelligent Kyle, so I feel like he may have a chance to catch up. And Briggsy Nathan mcbriggs he's on eleven points as well. And Mike Saltz is still in third position on nine points. But while well done, Philip Jay Hawkins twenty two points. It's pretty good. He brought it back this season, didn't he he did, showing everybody who's boss. All right, so that has been our review of stealing first Base. I thank you, guys again for all the sport at four fingered Discount. Remember I you wanted to put us on Patreon, you can do so for the as just one dollar per month. Think for that is in the description of this podcast. And please get in touch with us, whether it be just a message or a question. It is mail bag at four finger discount dot com. Do you we do read all of your messages that come through, and we shall answer those on the next mail Bag episode. And now, by the way, the next episode from season twenty one, we shall be reviewing the greatest story ever Doe Oh, when the Simpsons family are invited to a church retreat in Jerusalem by Ned Flanders. Takes the influence of a strange tour, guys, for Homer to grasp importance of the city. I don't like where this is going. Can we gives go to Jesus? Can we skip an episode? Anyway? It's the great story that ever does well. It's already won the new name challenge. Jay's like fuck with the formula? All right? Yeah, all right, now, guys again, as I said, thank you guys for all of your support. Next episode, greatst Story of a dough This has been our review of Stealing First Base. Misi Dams only find the words foll those incredible
Speaker 4: Listeners out there, Maybe us guys should look for easier jobs.