Speaker 1: But yeah, my guests, like my guest that has scheduleed, she she no shoulders.
Speaker 2: So I'll try to see if I can get like, uh, what's I'll try to see if I get up there on her, hopefully before the broadcast ends. Yeah, so I don't know what that was about. Uh yeah, lions are dry. I mean nigga lions was dry. Ugh mm, I can't get a touch with my f co host, But the show must go on, as they say, speak of which, right, So yeah, we lacked next few hours. I'm saying, like hotline is nine one seven twitter three eight ninety five.
Speaker 1: Six, Speaking of which, what you call it?
Speaker 2: So I got a text a couple of days ago, right, and this person says she is a new wrestling fan watching with her boyfriend, and she just wanted me to go over some of the jargon with her. It's not a direct quote, it's just me, right my notes ex explain rustling terminology to her pretty much. Okay, Well, first things first, So wrestling so like no insider terms like you know, heal.
Speaker 1: And Mark and uh bas and jobber and all that stuff. Right, It's it's is exactly that insider terms, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like like the fans, the IWC, you know, and anybody else outside of you know, that's right outside, right, were were out on the periphery at the right least the periphery of the.
Speaker 1: Rest of the business. I mean, are not I supposed to know about these terms, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But because of the Internet and stuff, the internet and podcasters and you know, the notes here and all these other alleged journalists or whatever, right like, every every person with interconnection right here are these terms that have been use to death and and thinks no, there's you know, they're thinks they're smart, and they use themselves.
Speaker 1: So that's that.
Speaker 2: And a lot of a lot of stuff right like, like you know, going like no, a lot and a lot of people, a lot of people right like use these terms, misuse these terms like for example, right like, I'll keep you example right a jobber slash job guy, right, Being a jobber is not a bad thing. It's like in a play, right like, or a movie like when the lead actor is so and so right and supporting actors so and so right, or like you know, random.
Speaker 1: What's it called filler character? Right? That's not an insult.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying it's not no, because the reason why they call jobber right is cause it was their job to lose that match.
Speaker 1: Right, they did a job.
Speaker 2: If a job if somebody means you lost to them, right, it was your job to lose in this script of event right.
Speaker 1: Now, A there are two types of jobbers w A T like one.
Speaker 2: One type is the type that a that you'd put on your roster right, not necessarily like to be a top guy, but like give your roster of credibility and to like, you know, put other guys over.
Speaker 1: I could that traget to that term in in the moment, you know, to to.
Speaker 2: Know, make other people look good and to while giving you a roster w while giving your roster credibility.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like if you're trying.
Speaker 2: To build a new ADU star, right, you would know, put 'em against this person have a win to you know, increase their stock, increase them could the.
Speaker 1: Mover help get them mover? Right? You know it's it's two people wanna call it enhancement talent. You're a job guy. That's one type of job guy.
Speaker 2: The other type of job guy is someone who whose job it is to lose all the damn time, like someone like a a Brooklyn brawler, someone like a goddamn uh like a.
Speaker 1: Fall guy, you know, like uh a stooge, you know.
Speaker 2: Um trying to think James Elsworth, uh you know, uh yeah, you know, uh, you know Jamie Noble after he lost the after they got with the Who's the Right Championship? People like them, No comedy, they're typically comedy guys. They're typically heals.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like you know, you're on Twitter, right and like you s you know, somebody says.
Speaker 1: Man Cooman Roads is an overrated jobber.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's that's like a job or is someone who constantly loses, right, not the top guy, not the champion of the biggest promotion in.
Speaker 1: The world, you know what I'm saying. So people misuse these terms all the time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, a jobber is someone who jobs, who loses as scripted in this in this scripted support that is wrestling, right, And to do a job is to like just lose on purpose, to lose on purpose who's doing the jobs?
Speaker 1: Now, you know what I'm saying. So this that term, those those terms so.
Speaker 2: Over right, when you're over with something or somebody's over that means they have that means they have.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think, trying to try to proper words.
Speaker 2: Because it's it's this this, This term over is more contextual. I think that's like two or three meanings based on the context. So when something's over, one of the meanings of this term in this in this setting, this this vernacular is how am I sounding?
Speaker 3: My way?
Speaker 1: Am I?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: My check?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm coming nice and good? Alright, just make sure w' microphone closer. But yeah, what was I saying?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, uh? Over right?
Speaker 2: So there's three ways to look at it, right, It's perception, right, like are you over as a heel?
Speaker 1: Like? Are you perceived as a heel? Credibility? Right?
Speaker 2: Like you know it's this person over right, you know, like it's this you know, like will this move be to finish?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Like for example, right, Randy Warren's arka is over trip places, pedigree is over back in the day, nobody kicked the pedigree. You know, I'm saying, if you got pedigree on the floorid dout the injury angle? You know, trip places hammer you know Raynor is kicked those are over those? You know it would it would bury. I can have tournament, it would it would kill the move dead. If if Ray now his kick and somebody kicked out, that was just killed dead kills credibility, and I'm saying it wouldn't be over anymore, you know. And also yeah, so it's credibility and also like reaction, like he is not only getting like he's not only like getting a positive reaction like or or a very or very loud and vocal reaction like he's over with the crowd, baby face reaction right, Like he's being shared.
Speaker 1: He's over with the crowd, like the shared, the shared, the crowd shares him and stuff like that. But you supposed to be over as a heel, you know, the crowd bools you, the crowd like a heel.
Speaker 2: You're over as a heel. So it's perception and credibility and I guess effectiveness those three terms. So when you're over, you're you're effective, you have credibility, and you're perceived as such.
Speaker 1: One of the any one of these three meanings pertains to the term the term over what else? What else? What else? Uh?
Speaker 2: Okay it let me see. So what's somebody? So when somebody is buried, right, whether on purpose or accident again another term I guess misused to death. So buried, whether it's intentional or unintentional. Right, it's kind of like the opposite of being over kind of it's kind of like no when.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, I'm tryna think.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like when like you're made when uh, how do I say it's again, it's kind of con it's kind of contextual. So when you bury somebody, you kind of like you kind of like, you know, kill their credibility, right you kind of like yeah, and you kind of kill like they're I'm tryna think the words the words.
Speaker 1: Kill the credibility? What you bury them up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you make them, you make them like you you you kill them. It's like the reverse of being over, like you you killed them, you kill their credibility and you know you make them look you know, ineffectual and an and just yeah, ineffectual and weak. That I say, you know again, it depends on the context and the p I'm saying, like, but let me see, tryna think, tryna think.
Speaker 1: But for example, right I I I said earlier, So like let's say that let's say that uh.
Speaker 2: Trying the pile driver that Kevin Owens just doing right if if he hit that, right, if he hit let's say that like, no.
Speaker 1: He hit that.
Speaker 2: Let's say it was like no Cody roads against a heel, right and Kevin was ran in and hit Cody's coud it with that with the with the pile drivers using a lot lately right, and Cody kicked out right uh at like one right and went on to win the match.
Speaker 1: That would just bury the pile driver just killed dead. No cr like you know ber just bury it right. Another way that word could be used, right is let's say especially on purpose. Right.
Speaker 2: Let's say that you know, uh, a promoter, right, a booker no, no, no, or promoter the guy right, like he has his own promotion rust of promotion, right, and he's trying to get rid of a guy who doesn't like whatever, right, so like he'll g give 'em so like he'll give him his two weeks notice, right, and they have him get jobbed out and like squash matches, right, you're burying him, you know, make him make him look weak and effectual, you know, like a lot of people who misuseless from all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh, he buried him in his promo. No no, like that's no no, to bury somebody.
Speaker 2: It's like just to it's like just kill their credibility and like have pers like and having like perceive as like like ineffectual and weak and just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that's what being buried means, you know, So what else? What else?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I think that I have to finish. But the finish is the end, like however the match ends, you know. That's why.
Speaker 2: That's why I like know there, That's why I know, like they're they're finish. Their moves are called finishers, right, not because it's you know, it finishes them like like like in like in uh Mortal Comic, finish him, No, because w wind los or draw that move will result in the ending of the match typically most times, you know.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, hope my answer, So, I hope, I hope I have apprised you properly. I appreciate you for texting me.
Speaker 2: Um.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But yeah, for those of you who wanna their questions around the air and answered, hotline is nine one.
Speaker 2: Seven, two, eight three eight nine five six. I'm gonna take a little break and come back to y'all. Alright, So stay tuned, stay tuned. You already know at Spirit we lot for the next hour and a half. Alright, alright, bet bet bet bet bet bet bet. Let me go see what she got here.
Speaker 1: Take the way. Uh uh