Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by La Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talking like that, David Vasse Here we go, Posha too, Old Toney high five ball right field, hit pretty deep on the track series.
Speaker 2: At the walk that's tenet o.
Speaker 1: So Hey, Old Tony joins the forty forty club.
Speaker 2: In the most grand fashions, a walk up Grand Flam.
Speaker 3: He is being mommed at the play as the Dodgers so great a seven three wins.
Speaker 2: Stephen Nelson on his feet and on the call with Rick Monday as show Hey Otani makes history in grand fashion with a walk off grand Slam to become the Dodgers franchise's first forty forty player. Welcome the Dodger Talk. David Vasey live at Dodgers Stadium with you until the top of the hour, taking your phone calls. At eight six, six, nine, eight seven two five seventy Dodgers beat the Rays seven to three to win their fifth in a row eleven out of fourteen. Now for the Dodgers, as they are off to a great start on this homestand sweeping the Seattle Mariners and then getting this going to start off the three game weekend series against the Tampa Bay Rays. With the win, the Dodgers remained four games ahead of Arizona and four and a half games ahead of the San Diego Padres. And oh, by the way, the Dodgers have the best record in Bay Baseball seventy seven and fifty two. And how about this, I'll say this about show hey Otani. He is very aware of his surroundings, and he's very aware of what people say about him. Don't let him fool you one bit. And I'm sure he heard the critics saying he can't come up big when it counts the most. He has a two nineteen batting average with runners in scoring position. He cannot deliver when it matters well. Tonight was Otani's second walkoff hit for the Dodgers. He had a walk off base hit earlier this summer, and tonight his walk off grand slam was his first ever career walk off home run in Major League Baseball, So that had to be gratifying for Otani to deliver in that spot, not only to give his team the win, but obviously for himself personally to sil the critics, and for the Dodgers, it's a great sign that he is ready for the biggest of stages in October. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I know there were some Dodgers that were disappointed with them letting Jason Hayward go, but those that were trying to overstate what it would do to the Dodger clubhouse was not watching what was taking place on the field tonight, because everybody seemed excited and certainly happy to be teammates. Not only was Shoe he Otani but with each other on a win like that tonight. And Keiky Hernandez got the start at third base tonight. He had two hits, including a game tying three run home run. So the Dodgers just keep on rolling. And I go back to what Clayton Kershaw said in Milwaukee after his first win of the season. He said he felt like this team was just about to take off, and take off they have. They have won eleven of their last fourteen, including tonight. They're fifth in a row. If you're at the game tonight, I would love to hear from you. Eight six, six nine eight seven two five seventy. If you were one of the two fans that were getting in each other's way in the home run seats out there, you both blew it because the forty home run ball, the forty forty home run ball, bounced back onto the field and Jose Siri instead of he probably I don't know if he knew or didn't know or what, but he in frustration picked up the baseball and threw it back into the stands. And that's great for whoever caught it. And you know that's the baseball. But there's no way to prove it. That ball is not getting authenticated now. So whoever caught that ball from Jose Siri, congratulations, you know it, and that's all that matters. Take a picture. I hope he took a selfie. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers walk it off thanks to an Otani grand slam with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning against Colin post Shay in the race, seven to three. The final score. All right, let's go out to the phones. Let's start with Greg the birthday boy, who was at Dodgers Stadium tonight, Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Greg, Thank you, David. Honored to be talking to you, appreciate it. I'm here with my family. We're leaving the game right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a great family trip to Dodger Stadium to be at.
Speaker 5: No kidding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, woke up this morning to a surprise. We were going to the Dodger game tonight. We were sitting in a right field right by the foul pole, had a great view of show Hayes home run. Absolutely historical night, both my boys. We'll remember this forever. Just an amazing night at the stadium.
Speaker 2: It really was. And happy birthday, Greg. Sounds like a great night. And what a tremendous finish to a tremendous night for a tremendous player in sho Hey Otani and I love that this sellout crowd at the end of the game, obviously waiting for the drone show after the game was over. But that made it even better timing because this full house was channing MVP for Otani and we were talking earlier in the season that Mookie Betts was on his way to becoming the first player since Frank Robinson to win MVPs in both leagues. Now, show Hey Otani, has that in his sights. As Otani is on pace now for fifty home runs and fifty stolen bases. Let's go out to Joe who was at Dodgers Stadium. Where were you sitting tonight, Joe.
Speaker 6: David was in the reserve section right above the Tampa degout.
Speaker 2: So it's a pretty good deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 6: I used to be a games a lot, especially down on the field level. I used to run there changes and my fourth game this.
Speaker 2: Year, Okay, did you feel like were you one of these critics of Otani that he couldn't deliver when he counted the most and were you surprised that he delivered?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: No and no.
Speaker 6: In fact, when next when next month he came up, I started anticipating it.
Speaker 9: There's two out.
Speaker 6: If Monthy walks, then show, hey is up in time for a Grand Slam, and he already got his fortieth stolen base. This would be a great way for him to end the game. I was really excited watching it.
Speaker 2: All right, Joe, thanks for the phone call. Appreciated. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number if you're just joining us. You missed a tremendous game, as show Hey, Otani hits a walk off Grand Slam with two outs in the night I ain't thinning, for his fortieth home run of the season. And it was the first walk off home run by a Dodger since Max Mounsey against Craig Kimberl and the Phillies last May. And that was Otani's first career walk off home run in Major League Baseball. Let's go out to Freddy who was at Dodger Stadium tonight. Not Freddie Freeman, but just Freddie the fan. How you doing, Freddy?
Speaker 3: I'm good, David, how are you?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 2: This was a night that I will never forget being here to witness Otani making history in such a dramatic way. It was pretty special.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that was an amazing game to be at. We were up in Loje.
Speaker 10: That the quietness as that ball was going up in the air and.
Speaker 9: Getting close to the outfield.
Speaker 3: It was loud as it as he hit, then it got really quiet, and then as it went over the fence, the whole place just erupted.
Speaker 9: Me and my family we were all in there.
Speaker 4: We were going nuts.
Speaker 11: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty special. Freddy. Thank you for the phone call. Eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. By the way, sho Hey. Otani becomes just the third Dodger in the last twenty years to hit forty home runs in the season. Cody Bellinger was the last Dodger to hit forty in a season. That was during his MVP season, when Bellinger hit forty seven home runs in twenty nineteen. And who could forget Adrian Beltrey's career season with the Dodgers forty eight home runs in two thousand and four. If you're saying, wait a minute, Matt Camp in twenty eleven, Uh huh. Camp was a thirty nine home run forty stolen base player in twenty eleven when he was the runner up to Ryan Brown for the National League MVP that year. Let's go back out to the phone's Dean, who was at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi, Dean, you're on do your talk?
Speaker 9: Hey, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we were just coming home from the game. Really exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Where were you sitting tonight?
Speaker 6: We were in reserve twenty five.
Speaker 9: We're pretty high up there, but we had a great view of it.
Speaker 6: I actually was video tamping.
Speaker 9: I saw the ball on the field and I didn't realize it.
Speaker 3: Was a home run.
Speaker 6: So I was between a third and third and home and I stopped my video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure from the reserve level you can see the trajectory a little bit better. I'm not sure. Maybe you could see the ball go over the wall a little better from section twenty five. But yeah, a good job aving the cell phone out. And that's something we have seen all season long. When Otani comes to the plate, even in the first inning. It's sort of like when you go to a Laker game these days, and everybody has their iPhones out when Lebron has the ball, or even if you're sitting behind the Laker bench, everybody has their iPhone out, even when Lebron's sitting on the bench. So that's what it reminds me of. But a night like tonight, bases loaded ninth inning, two outs in a Tide game, I definitely would have been rolling if I was a fan, And if you were, you got rewarded by show Heyo tawny tonight eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Let's walk to Robert. Yeah, you're up next, Robert, You're at the plate, right now.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Hey, David, nice to talk to you. Nn Well, I was just at the game with my son and his wife and it was awesome. We're sitting on the left side by the falpole. He saw of the trajectory of the ball and it was just awesome. And I kept telling my son that's a million dollar ball when it got hit. So we're thinking, okay.
Speaker 2: So you saw dollar signs instead of a W.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well no, we said definitely, yeah, but we saw history. And that's what I told my son tonight, We're gonna see history the fortieth stolen base and the fortieth home run. And it came true.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's what's special tonight, Robert. You not only saw the fortieth home run on a grand slam to walk it off, but you also saw the fortieth stolen base in the fourth inning after a single. You know that's pretty special too. You got to see both in the same night, and what a way to cap it off. And I don't know about you, Robert, but now this solidifies in my mind two things. Otani is the MVP, and number two that when the stage and the lights are the brightest, Otani is not going to shy away. This is given. Even as great of a player as he is, to win it this way, it's got to give him even more confidence. I feel like his little mini slump here is going to evaporate moving forward.
Speaker 8: Oh definitely.
Speaker 3: I also feel that in the World Series he will be the MVP.
Speaker 2: Define what we want, that's what he cares about. Thanks for the phone call, Robert. Love the enthusiasm. I love hearing from all of you that were actually here at Dodger State witnessing history. They say for Nike and Lebron, we are all witnesses. I feel like that's applic applicable when it comes to uh being a Dodger fan and watching show. Hey O, Tani put on a show virtually every night in some way. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to John, who also was at Dodger Stadium. Where were you watching Otani's Grand Slam?
Speaker 9: John, Yeah, my wife wanted to leave, so we were. We were in the car listening to Stephen Nelson's call leaving the parking lot so we can get out of the parking lot as fast as possible, because that parking lot is the worst parking lot in all of baseball. No offense. Uh, and I blame my wife, but all my wife. Uh, Stephen, my wife, Stephen Nelson had a great call, but uh, at first it sounded like it was a warning for you know, warning track hit. So I wish I could have seen it live because it must have been miraculous. I have to say having Bobby Miller produce the way he did makes it way more comfortable going into the postseason having Kershaw, Miller, and Clarity as your top three performers, and hopefully the other guys will come around, but the Dodgers definitely have momentum heading into the postseason. You're the best, David bat say. And I want to give a shout out to Colin he because I was the only caller online for the first twenty minutes. Because everybody likes to criticize the Dodgers more than they like to celebrate the Dodgers. So thank you Colin for serving, you know, for hold and serve as you always do.
Speaker 2: All right, before you go, John, since you took the wife's orders and missed history, that's got to buy you at least three weeks of Sunday football where you can hang with the boys, right. I feel like you have a lot of leverage now going home.
Speaker 9: Yeah. The problem is that my wife's dad was a football coach, so football is life in our house.
Speaker 2: Oh well, okay, how about this. I feel like now you can go to Vegas with the boys. The weekend in Vegas has been earned by leaving the game early and missing history. You can tell missus John only.
Speaker 9: Only only if am five seventy and don to don Will you know give me an MGM, you know two days stage? That would help a lot.
Speaker 2: I feel like our phone line connections getting bad. John. I think you should quit while you're ahead. Thanks for the phone call. Eight six six mom, man, we cannot do that. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out. We have a full board of calls. I feel all your excitement and we will take more of your calls as we continue on Dodger Talk Live from Dodger Stadium, where show Hey Oton. He made history becoming the first Dodger player to have a forty to forty season. He does it with a walkoff grand slam in the bottom of the ninth inning, to give the Dodgers a seven to three win over the Rays on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David basseying.
Speaker 2: Show. Hay Otani becomes the fastest player in baseball history to hit forty home runs and steal forty bases in a season. He stole his fortieth base of the season in the fourth inning off of Tyler What was that starter's named? Tyler Alexander? And then his fortieth home run, a walk off Grand Slam in the bottom of the ninth inning with two outs to give the Dodgers a seven to three win. And after the game, we had a chance to catch up with the one and Only Unicorn Show Hey O Tani Show, he O Tani.
Speaker 12: Reaches forty forty in grand style, a walk off Grand Slam home run, and show Heyo Tani and Will Ireton joins us. Right now, the MVP chants are still going at Dodgers Stadium. What does it mean that the fans appreciate you so much?
Speaker 13: On the Colonel Aijel Montoy Conset, Mvpino Consett, Sanhamuli e Ski.
Speaker 2: Montan.
Speaker 8: Really tremendously honored to be able to do this and find this passionate crowd. And I'm just hoping that I could continue to do this, you know, each.
Speaker 2: Game, show Hey, forty forty is somewhat of a personal chivement. But to achieve it this way in the team goal to win the game, how much how much more special could it be?
Speaker 13: Memo not Tatino?
Speaker 10: Do you.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 2: Chance this?
Speaker 8: It's really guys getting on base, sacrifice fun, you know, choosing the walks. It's it's really a team effort. So I was happy to be able to part of, you know, to finish it off.
Speaker 2: Final question for for you, show, Hey, you came to the Dodgers for moments like this, You are achieving those moments and much more to come. Is this everything you thought it would be?
Speaker 8: Obviously, today is probably one of my top memorable moments.
Speaker 2: As a Dodger, and you.
Speaker 8: Know, hopefully I'll be able to over, you know, top this by winning the postseason, winning the World Series.
Speaker 2: It was memorable for all of us. Sell out crowd at Dodgers Stadium, m VP Chance for Shoo Tani, thank you for entertaining us as much as you do.
Speaker 8: Things.
Speaker 2: Every night, it's the show at Dodger Stadium with sho Hei Otani, a forty forty player, the first Dodger player to reach that milestone and becomes just the sixth player in baseball history to have at least forty home runs and forty stolen bases. No player in baseball history has ever hit fifty home runs and fifty stolen bases in the same season, but Otani right now is on pace to be a fifty home run player and a fifty stolen base player as well. When you look at the probability of that happening, there are thirty three games left for Otani to achieve fifty to fifty. For him, it takes a home run every three point two four games to reach fifty homers or steals over one hundred and sixty two games. With forty homers through one hundred and twenty nine games, Otani is averaging a home run every three point two five games, so he's on pace for the fifty home runs and fifty steals. Dodgers walk it off on Otani's Grand Slam seven to three. We heard the call a few times on Dodgers Radio and five to seventy LA Sports with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson. This is how it sounded on Sportsnet LA with Joe Davis and Eric kay Arrows.
Speaker 1: First pitch shot, what's center field? Series?
Speaker 2: Going back?
Speaker 1: He's at the track, He's.
Speaker 2: At the wall.
Speaker 7: Flock Slama.
Speaker 2: What a moment his history? All right, there was Joe Davis with the historic call. Joe Davis on Sportsnet LA and Steven Nelson on Dodgers Radio AM five to seventy LA Sports as Otani hits a walk off Grand Slam, his first ever walk off home run, to become the dodgers first forty forty player in the franchise's history. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniel's Jewelers own the Dream. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have a full boarder call, so let's get to them. Adrian who is that Dodger Stadium tonight you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: Hi, Adrian, Hi, thank you for taking my call. My husband and I were on a date night and we drove all the way from Palmdale. I'm I'm sure I few where that is. We were in the loot section and the night was just amazing. From the start, it was a beautiful summer night. We were excited about seeing the drone show. Geek's home run was unbelievable. It just really lifted us all up, and you know, everyone was just excited. And then I'm so proud of my Dodger fans that they didn't leave early. They stayed and stuck it out because we just believed, we believed. We didn't try to get out in that parking lot. I know one of your callers said that I know about that parking lot. But tonight there was just something in the air. We felt like something was going to happen, and it was sort of like Tani's last chance at bat and he did it.
Speaker 7: He did it.
Speaker 5: Ever, everyone was on their feet already just waiting, just hoping, and it was just it was just so much. It was just amazing. It's fantastic. It was just one big celebration, one big party in Dodger Stadium, and then that love La song came on. It's something I'm never gonna forget. I want a wonderful date night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good date night. I'm glad you guys made it out from Palmdale. Thanks for the phone call. Adrian appreciated the game or the pregame festivities started with Universal Studios Night here at Dodgers Stadium, and that was a movie like finish. In the bottom of the ninth inning, show hey Otani's walk off grand Slam for his fortieth home run of the season, and Adrian brought up a great point lost in the you know dramatics of Otani movie like finish in the middle of this game was Keik Hernandez getting the start at third base and coming up with the biggest hit at that point in time, a three run home run against Tyler Alexander, who was stifling the Dodgers to that point. He knocked them out of the game and that tied the game at three, and that's where we were in the ninth inning. Not to mention Bobby Miller getting better as the game went along tonight for his best start of the season for him six innings, nine strikeouts, allowed just three earned runs, so that also is encouraging for the Dodgers. Moving forward. Let's go out to Lena, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi, Lena, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 14: Why I'm driving home. I'm driving to Ventura I third time this week, third time this week. And when I left Wednesday night, it was like, oh my gosh, this may happen Friday.
Speaker 9: And it did.
Speaker 14: I said to my friend who met me there, this couldn't be written.
Speaker 7: Any better.
Speaker 14: I said, Monthy's going to walk and Otani's gonna hit a grand slam.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket.
Speaker 15: If you saw that vision, you saw the vision of Monthly walking and Otani hitting a grand slam, I feel like you should pull off and get somewhere in came Rio to get to a liquor store and get a lottery ticket.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm I'm getting close to Camrio.
Speaker 11: I'm liking a Goora Hills.
Speaker 14: Or something so good.
Speaker 6: Good idea.
Speaker 14: All right, anyway, it just what a week.
Speaker 13: What a week?
Speaker 14: What a week.
Speaker 2: Everybody was poking holes in the Dodgers and all of a sudden, now they have a five game winning streak, Lena, and the best record in baseball. I feel like a lot of teams would love to be the Dodgers these days, right.
Speaker 14: I'm a huge Monthly fan, so I was there Monday when he came back.
Speaker 7: Yes, and it's just kind of.
Speaker 2: Been this week of the week of Monthsye until tonight.
Speaker 7: Thanks to the phone call.
Speaker 2: Lena dre drives safely back up to Ventura. Appreciate the phone call. Yeah. Max Monsey had a great three games against the Mariners. Two home runs, a double, six RBIs and don't discount is at bat in the bottom of the ninth inning. That's the value of Max Munsey as well. He is not going to swing at pitches outside of the strike zone. It was certainly a challenge for Calin Potsche to throw a strike. In fact, he almost while pitched the game over on the first pitch. He through the monsie with Will Smith at third base. If it goes any farther, Will Smith may score on the wild pitch and we don't see the dramatics of show Hey Otani in the ninth inning tonight, Let's go out to Stephanie who is at Dodger Stadium. Were you on a date night as well tonight, Stephanie.
Speaker 5: No, Actually I.
Speaker 14: Took my nephew DJ, who's here with me.
Speaker 9: We're driving back.
Speaker 2: That was a date night, aunt, nephew date night.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and he's nine years old and it was his first baseball game ever.
Speaker 2: It was so cool that was his first baseball game either. Yeah, that's amazing, that's amazing. Yeah, I'm sure show Hey Otani is his favorite player.
Speaker 9: Now, Yeah, he is.
Speaker 5: And it was really great just getting to explain baseball to him and just you know, getting to take him and.
Speaker 14: Getting you know, kind of going through all the motions and explaining what it meant in the history.
Speaker 4: And he just got a kick out of it.
Speaker 1: He was just so excited.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 11: It was just great to see him going, Saye's.
Speaker 2: Amazing, all right, glad you guys came out good aunt right there. Bringing it to a game where Showe Aotani hits his fortieth home run in grand style, a walk off grand slam tonight, seven to three. The final score. Michael Kopek, by the way, is the winning pitcher in relief, and Manuel Rodriguez takes the loss for the Rays, and tomorrow Clayton Kersh will be on the mound, coming off his best start of this season, six scoreless innings in Saint Louis while only throwing seventy pitches. Let's go out to Christina who was at Dodger Stadium tonight. Hi, Christina, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 9: I was there.
Speaker 11: It was super exciting. We were behind home plate at reserve, so we had moved over for the drone show to center field. So my husband asked security to watch our stuff, and we walked right up to the edge of center field and saw it right when it happened.
Speaker 2: So, what do you mean the edge of center field? Were you behind the wall? Where were you in the center field plaza?
Speaker 11: We're in the pavilion. Yeah, we were at the ultra bar area.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you saw the ball go like clank off those two fans's hands. Those two fans said it clanked off their hands and Jose Siri threw the ball back into the stands after a back onto the field. Yeah, all right, awesome. It sounds like you had a great time thanks to the phone call. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're going a little overtime here because we have a lot of fans that want to express their gratitude and excitement with Otani's forty forty night, a walk off grand Slam in the bottom of the ninth inning. Let's take a few more. Julian, who is at Dodger Stadium tonight? Hi, Julian, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 9: Hey, David, don't you be talking to me?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 7: How's it going?
Speaker 2: It's going great? You know, I just thought about something. I feel like the good luck charm tonight was the Captain Morgan look by Eric Carross in the Sports Net La Booth. I feel like now he is going to have to continue the stash and soul patch look the rest of the season because Otani had a big night with Carros looking like like Johnny Depp and the Pirates of the ca Bean and also, you know, Captain Morgan a Phil Jackson blend. I feel like he's got to stay with that style, right, Julian, Yeah, he has to, he has to, all right, Where were you sitting tonight, Julian.
Speaker 9: So, David, I was in the reserve behind home plate.
Speaker 2: I took my my drum student I.
Speaker 10: Had to his first ever Dodger game for his twelfth birthday. We had an incredible time. He was so happy to witness history and get this.
Speaker 13: David.
Speaker 10: So we're sitting there losing in the third inning or whatever, and he turns around to me and he goes, so it's gonna be the bottom of the nights with two outs, Showhitkany's gonna come up with the bases loaded, and he's gonna hit a grand slam.
Speaker 9: I kids you not, I kid you not.
Speaker 10: It was an unbelievable special night. And hey, I also don't want.
Speaker 6: To overlook, you know, the pitching staff.
Speaker 10: You know, after keyk came up and hit the game time home run in the fifth inning, Bobby Miller with a shutdown inning in the sixth, and then Brave and Phillips and Kopet come in and keep it at three so Ashani can do it.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 9: Man, what an amazing night.
Speaker 10: And I'm so proud of this team for turning around after such a rough to lie and we're getting healthy and I'm just really excited.
Speaker 9: For what's to come.
Speaker 2: No doubt, Julian. The Dodgers are starting to get momentum at the perfect time. I still hadn't felt like they were playing their best baseball. I feel like they hadn't played their best baseball all season long. Now they're healthy, They've added Kevin Kiermier, Tommy Edmond, and the Dodgers have a healthy lineup now, and it feels like the stars are aligning. Things are starting to come together perfectly. If they can get starts like they got tonight from Bobby Miller and the starts like they got from Kershawn Saint Louis Gavin Stone during the last series, the momentum is going to build and continue, and that's how they're going to reach their potential. The bullpen is starting to get fresh arms. They're not being relied upon as much as they were, say, right out of the All Star Break and going into the All Star break, because starters are going deeper into the game. So all those things are starting to come together for the Dodgers to make me believe we're getting a glimpse of them starting to play their best baseball of the season at the perfect time. All Right, We're gonna walk it off right now. With a man that always loves to dive into la sports history, whether it's getting into the camera shot after a Kobe Bryant game winning shot, whether it's Adrian Belchase forty eighth home run or on a night that show, Hey, Otani becomes a forty to forty player. The great legendary Victor Brigg Jacob stayed up late to give the fans his thoughts on Otani accomplishing something in grand style. Feeling you, Vic, David, Guys, feeling you.
Speaker 7: What an electric night, creating rapture at the ravine with Otani San, my beloved bride. You go Suckamono myself, you know, screaming into the windio nights. And we're getting texts from all over Japan, all relatives and Japan. They were texting us with two words, ichi bon number one, Ichi bon number one, Oltani San, and what a clutch clutch crazy at bat with two OUs and as as you alluded to, DV, his first ever walk off home run in the major leagues, just making everyone giddy. Forty forty man, what a majestic performance. Love watching him play. I'm we're testifying, we're seeing the greatest player in baseball. As you say, he is the MVP at this point in the season. He's just playing tremendous baseball, forty steels, forty home runs, Oltani Shan feeling you and Dodga fans of forty one thousand strong after ravine tonight, Enjoy, enjoy, and bask in the after glow of old Tani San.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling you. There he goes Vic, the Brig Jacobs with two thirty in the afternoon energy at eleven at night on a Friday night. Man, his neighbors must have been wondering what was going on with him in his beautiful bride Yukosakamoto making screaming like that in the middle of the night. But it was Otani hitting a grand slam that rocked the wittier dojo with the great Victor Brigg Jacobs. So thank you Vic for adding that. All right tomorrow Clayton Kershaw will be on the mound Kershaw Day. Clayton Kershaw is two and two this season, with an ERA of two sixty three and a funny Kershaw story. This und afternoon, former Dodger Johnny de Luca was catching up with a few of the Dodger coaches before batting practice today. I was standing next to Kershaw in front of the Dodger dugout and De Luca started to come over to try to say hello to Kershaw and exchange pleasantries, but Kershaw waved him off and said, hey, we're not friends. We're not friends until after tomorrow. I gotta face you tomorrow. Don't come over here. Get out of here. A rookie mistake by Johnny de Luca trying to embrace Kershaw the day before he was going to face him. That's kind of the standard rule, by the way, you don't interact with the starting picture, even if you were teammates the day before you're going to face him, if that picture has any sort of competitive fire inside of him, and we all know Kershaw's got a lot of that. So I enjoyed witnessing that as well to start my day. That was awesome, and De Luca scampered away. Hey, de Luca, you could say hello on Sun. You don't say hello Friday to Kershaw. All right, he's a Kershaw by the way. It's facing Taj Bradley Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at five o'clock tomorrow with first pitch at six ' ten from Dodgers Stadium. That'll do it for us tonight thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burg Bank Studios, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodger Stadium, and thanks to all of you who called in and shared with us your experience of witnessing Otani and Dodger history. Otani hitting a walk off Grand Slam tonight to beat the Race seven to three. Otani now officially a forty to forty player, the fastest player in baseball history to achieve that in a season, and he's got a site set on fifty to fifty and a World Series championship once again. The final score from Dodgers Stadium. It was showtime in the ninth inning as Otani walks it off and the Dodgers beat the Rays seven to three. Have a great rest of your night see them playing