Speaker 1: Welcome this Tuesday afternoon at the Tri States Baseball kicks off tonight about six oh five with Lance mcgallis of the Reds. In the last ten games are the best record in the Central Division in baseball. The Twinkies are in town for three. Then we'll see what happens there is the Reds drive toward the All Star breaking more plus later on today at two oh five, it is alleged that Prosecutor County Pillage is going to hold a news conference to determine whether or not there should be criminal charges and the shooting of Ryan Hinton, that eighteen year old boy who was shot having stolen a vehicle and had a gun in his hand, ran away. There's speculation whether the prosecutor's office here in Hamlet County will indict or not. And now that's going to be announced sometime after two o'clock today. We're going to cover it for you live, I believe, according to Tony benderho's putting his qualifications and credibility on the line saying we will broadcast it live sometime after two o'clock as it begins. But until then, there's more important matters, which are cicadas. Cicadas and cicadas, And I think we all can agree world to recognize renowned expert on cicadas's professor gen Kritsky, recently retired from Mount Saint Joe, who's written at least five books on the subject, and where do they come from? Why are they here? Et cetera. Professor Kritsky, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Professor, how many years have you spent studying cicadas?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm at fifty one years though.
Speaker 1: How many books have you written on the subject of cicadas.
Speaker 2: I've written five books on them, I have another one planned, and I've written probably about a dozen research publications. And you and I have been talking about cicadas for thirty eight years.
Speaker 1: Now, Well, do we have time to do it in seventeen years from now? What do you think I'm going to try? I'll try to then, thirty eight years ago we started with cicadas. At that point, once you're at Mount Saint Joe, Am I correct about that?
Speaker 2: I was? I I working on that interview in the studio.
Speaker 1: That's so we don't do that much anymore. But that's a different issue. Professor Krisky, tell me what is the cicada. Basically, what is the cicada? And then we'll get onto more particular issues. What is a cicada?
Speaker 2: Well, we're talking about the periodical cicadas. The cicadas are insects BLO. They're belonging to They're like true bugs. They have a sucking mouth part. They're related to aphids and stink bugs. But the periodical skaters, the ones that we're talking about this morning, are these strangers like that have these very long life cycles. And what we're seeing right now is brood fourteen. It's a seventeen year cicada. And the last time I visited Cincinnati was in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: How many different broods are there? Because every now and then you get a little bit of minor eruptions. Right now there's a major one kind of dying out at this point. How many different broods are there?
Speaker 2: There are fifteen different broods, twelve different broods of seventeen year skatus and three thirteen year broods. That's the exciting thing the I discovered in part because if your help helping us get the word out there, we have a thirteen year cicada in Ohio. It's brewed twenty two, and it'll emerge in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: So in twenty twenty seven we may do this again.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to be mostly in Brown and Claremont County in Ohio and then ten counties in northern Kentucky. But yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Why do cicadas exist? What is the purpose? What is the purpose of life? The purpose of cicada life? Why do they exist?
Speaker 2: Well, the purpose of just life in general is to reproduce, But for periodical scad is they do a lot of good for the ecosystem. For example, when the nymphs come out of the ground those holes. Those holes persist until December and January, and during the hot summer when the ground gets really hard and a range that rain water goes down those holes and helps water the trees. When the adults come out and start flying around their food for all sorts of opportunity predators, that allows their populations to rebound. When the females lay their eggs in the terminal growth of trees, it causes them time sometimes that branch to break. We call it flagging, and that's like a natural pruning. So it looks ugly this year, but next year there'll be a bigger flower set on those trees that had that davage. And then finally, when that's all done, both the males and the females die and their carcasses collect the base of trees. Let's got a little bit of dew and rain in June and July and August. Then they'll start to decay and rot. And that is a scent memory. However, all that smells because they're decaying and all those nutrients from their carcasses are going around the trees where the carcasses gathered to nurture that tree for the next seventeen years.
Speaker 1: Are they harmful to human beings in any way?
Speaker 2: No, they're not. They I don't bite, they don't sting, they don't carry disease. They won't even carry away small children.
Speaker 1: Tom brennanman likes to eat cicadas. I didn't know this till recently, but Tom told me he goes out in his yard and marry Mont often picking up a handful with cicadas at nine and starts eating them. Is that a good idea?
Speaker 2: Probably not, because multi for humans eat cicadas, it's more of a of a of a bad They're not a sustainable food source, so you can't have one meal once every seventeen years. But what we're seeing, especially in Merrimont in other areas, is the amount of trees where they're reproducing us is being declined, has declined. So back for example, that that median strip of Marmont where they removed all those trees in two thousand and eight, replaced two thousand ten, excuse me, and replaced them with the valves. The cicadas didn't merge there this year, but not in the numbers they did back in two thousand and eight. So what they are telling us looking at the distribution that we're germing with Cicada savari is the impact of deforestation urban development on cicada populations. That sort of gives us a little temperature of what we're doing to our own urban environment.
Speaker 1: Professor Kritzko, are you saying it's like a genocide against the cicad when you cut down trees? Because I belong to Kenwic Country Club. We've cut down five hundred trees, magnificent oak and elm and other trees. Is Chemic country Club kind of committing a genocide against the cicadas?
Speaker 2: Well, as long as our more cicadas than than the mile of those trees. They will disperse back in not necessarily. It might take fifty one years for them to get back to the same population size that they can disperse and fly about a mile per emergence.
Speaker 1: When does cicadas begin? When to their life cycle? It was in the eighteenth century that the birth of the christ When did cicadas first emerge?
Speaker 2: But we know from DNA studies that the genus Magines Cicada, which is our the periodical scatus, goes back at least three point ninety five million years and then two and a half million years ago the large species suffering into the small speci, so you have two species dead and then half a million years ago the small species species against. So there's now three distinct species of seventeen year cicadas. So they go back by the bit that the broods what we're talking about now, they all originated since the last ice.
Speaker 1: Age, which was about ten thousand years ago.
Speaker 2: About twenty thousand years ago, the ice sheet was just north of Tri County Mall. So it's been in the last twenty thousand years that they moved north into the areas where the ice ice sheet was, and as they were doing that, that's when they were going to these usual accelerations and what have you. And that formed all the broods that we see today.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: And Tony Bender spends a lot of time in the Tri County Mall, which is now closed. He's crying out in front almost every day. But if he would have been there about twenty thousand years ago and the ice flow the glacier came from the north Pole and stopped around Try County Mall, if it was at the edge of the Tri County Mall and looked up, how high was that ice flow? How high was that glacier?
Speaker 2: I don't recall the actual number offhand, but it was noticeable. It wasn't like a little skim of ice. It was several meters.
Speaker 1: And that's why did it stop there? Why didn't it keep going all the way to the High River. It did stop, and that created the Great Lakes when it when it receded. But why did it stop there?
Speaker 2: We A lot of that has to do is just uh, the overall temperatures that were going on and the tobography.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Fortunately, as it's where it stopped, and then I feel further east in the in the Pennsylvania. It didn't stop as far south, so it's all reads the local conditions. But uh that uh uh that had a significant impact on the evolution of cicadas. We were now based on the what you see from uh ecological studies in genetic studies, that warming trend after the ice Age, that that continental warming that occurred actually enhanced the cicadas accelerating by four years in these different gaps, and that's what created the different broods.
Speaker 1: So, Professor, as far as cicadas, they've been here a long time before human beings are here, and they're going to be here a long time after human beings are gone. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: So, So the whole life is I get this trait. The male and the female cicadas are like in the ground beginning about three or four weeks ago, and when the temperature gets their certain degrees, they say, every seventh how did you know it's seventeen years this Brewe did they ever miss it by a few years and you're in the thirte seventeen years there's no clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we discovered stragglers all the time. And one of the things that we discovered media cicada safari is that a lot of times. Well, for example, in two thousand and twenty one, when brew teneburged here, in addition to Brewed ten emerging, we had fourteen coming up four years early, we had some, We had some early brewed thirteen cicadas, we had some brewed nineteen. Scats are off cycle. And now that we have the ability with smartphones and all and tens of thousands of people's hands, we're getting some information ut cicadas we never never even dreamed of before.
Speaker 1: That's where the sixth book is coming on cicadas. But if you're a normal cicada, believe me, there's derelics all over the place. I see them all the time, in fact, I work with some. But as soon I mean, you're a regular cicada and you're on the ground for seventeen years, how do you know it's time? How do you know it's the seventeenth year?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a part a subject of a paper which I'm co author on that's currently in the press. But it turns out they have they count to four and when they after they count to four, they can then molt again, and then they after they've done sixteen there's one more year added on to that. And so for example, and if we were to dig up cicadas in Mary Mounts and Kenwood in that area and the deer last November, we would have found cicadas in the ground with red eyes as ice turned red the fall before they emerge. And then so they seem to be able to count these blocks four, but they don't always get that right either, because I've been digging up these things almost every year between emergencies, and they grow at different rates after they're eight. After eight years in the ground, you might find two to three different stages of life sidewise in the ground on the same tree. And so there's a lot that we have to still understand about cicadas. But that's all underground. So that's a little heart of the study.
Speaker 1: So these billions of cicadas are there, they wait for they go through four molts. I'm not sure what a mota is, four molts of four years each underground, and then they add one year. Then it's time to erupt and they come out. Tell me what I guess. There's a male and a female cicada, right, yes, there are. There's no like transgender cicadas nothing like.
Speaker 2: That, not that we're aware of.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you got male and female and they come out of the ground together and say it's time to get it on. Is that Is that what happens?
Speaker 2: That's pretty that's pretty much it. When they come out of the ground there there with it's the last immature stage and that's when they transformed to the adult. That that day they come out of the ground, and they've got about a month on the for the average cicada to to do the business. We get we get ready to reproduce for the next seventeen years. And so it seems to us, you know, the the adults only above ground on the average a month each unless they're eaten by a predator, and it takes two weeks for them all to come out of the ground. So that's a six week window that we're seeing right now. And it's it's all about sex.
Speaker 1: Well I've said that before, but the male and the female's like it's like they're in heat. They got to get it on quickly because you've been in the third for seventeen years kind of waiting for this moment to arise, and so you're ready to go.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much it. And the males gather in large numbers in trees and they all start singing. They call it a chorusing center. Females hear the singing, they fly into the tree and one thing in the tree. Then they'll respond to an individual male call and if they are If the male's unsuccessful at getting the notice of a female, he'll fly to another tree or another branch. And if you are out an area with the cicada singing, you'll notice it gets really loud, and then it drops. The loudness drops a little bit, and then allow it again. That when it drops, that's when the cicadas are flying to another tree or another branch. The male cicatas because they were unsuccessful attracted the attention of a female.
Speaker 1: Am I going from bar to bar in Witnessville something like that? Do you find the right female in the right leather chaps?
Speaker 2: That's that's kind of right. These coursing centers, like one giant cicada singles bar.
Speaker 1: Well, are they monogamous? Once you find your right cicada with the right kind of configuration? Does the male and female cicadas Marvin Gay, let's get it on. That's kind of it? Or do they get a little bit polyamorous.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends. We know that from a racial studies that the typical male cicada will mate eighty five percent of mate once, ten percentle mate twice, and five percent of mate three times.
Speaker 1: And like married men, something like that. And so the great majority say, I got my woman. That's it. I asked this question. Did they do it like dogs? How do they do it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: They actually it's called they. If you can see this as the sidewalk in the trees right now, they are they genitalia are at tips of the abdomen, and so they often have found tail to tail as they're doing the nasty.
Speaker 1: All right, now, what the nasty is done? Then what happens? Did they have a cigarette? Hold a glass of wine? What do you do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: They After a few hours, few days, the female will start to lay her eggs. The male's out of the question. Now the female searches for the terminal end of a tree branch where she'll lay her eggs. She has them up on average on five hundred eggs to lay. Wow, And she lays them in batches of twenty to forty in about a oh maybe a quarter inch to a half inch to slit in the tree. She's laid that block, she walks about a few another quarter inch to whatever pierces the branch and lays more eggs and doesn't. And she does that until she either a runs out of eggs or b runs out of branch, and then she flies to another branch and continues the process until she exhaust her egg supply.
Speaker 1: What happens during the male what's the male during? During this time? Getting with the guys, explaining what's going on? What do the guys do? When the females laying the eggs sit.
Speaker 2: They they're sort of bubbling around and eventually they'll die.
Speaker 1: That's the way life is anyway. So and at this point, all right, we're at the end of the cycle. The eggs are there, the female's done. What happens to the female.
Speaker 2: After she lays her eggs she dies too.
Speaker 1: Then what happens to the eggs.
Speaker 2: Well, the eggs will hatch in six to ten weeks. And when they hatch, they crawl out of the egg nest in the branch and literally drop to the ground. And as soon as they hit the ground, and I've seen this many times, they get underground. Within thirty seconds, the vast majority of them, because they are quite vulnerable to spiders, ants and beetles, which have the feast they could get to them, and so it's once underground, they'll feed on grassroots for the next few weeks in the fall, in the in the fall, and then by New Year's Day they're eight to ten inches bowl of the ground, sucking on the tree roots. And that's what will be for the next seventeen here.
Speaker 1: What kind of life is that? What kind of life sucking on a tree route for seventeen years, waiting for that moment to come? Well, professor jen Krisky, you're the best there is. Have a title for your new book. Come up with something yet.
Speaker 2: Well, the current book that's out, it's called the Pillgrim's Promise because the cicadas that are emerging this year were first noticed by the Pilgrims and Plymouth Colony in sixteen thirty four.
Speaker 1: How about that? Well, no one knows more about it than you. How do you pass on your knowledge? Has got to be a professor Jean Chrisky to be here for the rest of this century, maybe the next one. Is there another Jen Kritsky?
Speaker 2: I certainly hope. So there are a number of people coming up in the working in entomology that I have that had the interest. Even my wife Jesse's coordinating the Idaturalist project. So we've got a lot of good people following us along.
Speaker 1: I don't want your information to die with you. May you live long and prosper. Professor Jen Kritsky. We first did this thirty eight years ago. Let's get together in seventeen more years and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a plan.
Speaker 3: I'll be there.
Speaker 1: God blessed Jen Kritsky, Cicada King. Thank you once again, Professor gen Kritsky, formerly a Mount Saint Joe, now retired writing books on the sex life of a cicada. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham Big announcement after two o'clock and more coming up on news radio seven hundred WW. You know I know more about cicadas than you wanted to know. You know the bruise, you know the life cycle, you know the situation. I can only think of those four cicadas hit the windshield or run over by my car. They've spent seventeen years waiting for some glorious moment of satisfaction, and I destroyed it. And to hear gene Kritsky talk about it and make me feel a little bit guilty that their life cycle is somewhat brief, and I'm not sure I would enjoy. But somehow they're part of nature's plan, part of God's plan. It seems to work. I'll set up to rest of today's big show. After one o'clock today, we're going to have an expert on named JT. Young to talk about National Public radi Radio, NPR, PBS and why in the world do we over the last few years spend billions of dollars of tax moneys supporting guc VXU and PBS billions of dollars over a few years, when that form of communication, shall we say, is handled quite well by radio stations like this one and by five hundred cable channels. If you want to watch almost any subject in the world, you have YouTube, you have TikTok, you have Netflix, you have whatever it is. You get whatever you want, whenever you want it, all the time. Why we have to send our hard earned tax dollars to Washington to have them fun public radio and public television and twenty twenty five is beyond me. Maybe it made sense in the nineteen seventies when FM basically did not exist. But right now it makes no sense at all except for the fact that the great majority of those who who watch and listen to public radio and public television are white liberals, and they send in lots of money to make sure that they have their favorite TV or radio program at your expense. You have the right to listen to me or not listen to me. You have the right to turn me off or turn me on. You have that right, and it didn't cost you a damn nickel zero. But to listen to v XU, GUC you have to say the taxpayers funding them to the extent collectively of hundreds of millions of dollars every year, and I wish them well. And when the funding goes away, as I think it will, I hope I pray it does, because it makes no sense whatsoever that if the listeners and the viewers want to continue to find that directly, as opposed to paying a huge cable bill, have at it. It's your money, not mine. But to take my money in the radio business, transfer it to Washington, and have the leaders of GUC, VU and PBS collect millions and millions of dollars in fees and salaries, and then I don't listen at all. It's kind of ridiculous. Would you agree? It is totally ridiculous. So much ridiculous is going on. I spoke to a certain US senator recently. He tell me he's confident, and like I say, about the budget plan, if it can't be done now, it's never going to get done because there's core constituencies build up around all these government grants that make it damn near impossible to stop a government program, almost impossible. And we're going through it now with the extra five trillion dollars of spending over the next ten years. And this is supposedly with conservative Republicans. Why can't we pull up the twenty twenty one budget and say, in the year twenty twenty one, four years ago, this is what we spent for the federal government. Let's spend that amount of money. Well, not even close. Right now. The governm collects from US something in the range of five trillion dollars every year, and income taxes and other fees from the American people five trillion, and they spend seven trillion. Four years ago. They spent five trillion dollars. We collect five trillion, we go out and borrow two trillion dollars. In fact, if the money collected from income taxes every year, et cetera, pretty soon in the next ten to fifteen years, fifty percent of what we spend is going to be interest on the national debt. Right now, the national debt's thirty seven trillion. The cost is one point two trillion dollars one point two trillion on bond holders to the national debt. And we can't continue. And if Republicans can't stop it, god knows Democrats won't. We're in serious trouble. And we are if we can't get rid of some some ridiculous program like support for public radio. I'm in the public radio business myself. I'm broadcasting on the airwaves right now. And to pay a certain entity, poorly rated large amounts of money for what purpose, I don't get it. But there's constituencies, constituencies built up to keep it going. We'll see what happens. Secondly, after two o'clock today, Connie Pillach, the New Hamlet County prosecutor, is going to make a decision whether to indict the police officer who shot and killed Ryan Hinton, whether it was a justified or unjustified shooting, and I have a little bit of confidence, not complete, that she will not cause the indictment of the Cincinnati police officer. I have a little bit of confidence that she won't do it. Mainly I spoke to a couple of police forces and the cop himself who was shot, Ryan Hinton, has not been arrested. He's not been handcuffed, he's not been picked up. So if they're announcing an indictment of a cop for this kind of a shooting, it would law enforcement apart. By the way, in the tri State, you would think within an hour or two of the announcement that he would be under arrest as I speak, and no one in the police division knows that there's been an arrest, And I would think you would talk to his lieutenant, his sergeant, talk to someone ahead of time, give the police a heads up. I would think, now we anticipate. I hope Connie Pillage is somehow going to clear the officer involved, despite a few minor mistakes made in the process. The day after the shooting, the police chief, Teresa Thigi, came out and said that Ryan Hinton was shot in the chest and the bullet exited out the back, I think, and she would like to revise and extend her remarks because that was inaccurate. According to the county corner that we had on about a week or two later after the autopsy was done on Ryan Hinton, the eighteen year old boy, that the bullet did not exit the front, come out the back, and then entered below the armpit on the left side and came out the front of the chest, not the back. But those are minor issues. The issue is was this a justified shooting? I hate to say the term of good shooting or a bad shooting. I like to use the term justified or unjustified. And when you listen to the news that we covered top and bottom, and by the way, the government doesn't give us millions of dollars every year to give you the news, how about that? But nonetheless, I regress that it appears that there was less than two seconds when you hear the fellow officer yell, gun, gun, he's got a gun, he's got a gun. Then the shots were fired. It was under two seconds. And then those two seconds the police officer had to process the fact that this fleeing felon had in his possession of gun, has told to him by a fellow officer, and then to act quickly to save his life in the life of his fellow officers. He may have known. I'm not sure that he had an extended magazine put in the nine millim which means he would have up to eighteen shots instead of only nine. And she has, by the way cleared county pillage. Several other police officers similarly situated, and the body cambridge footage appears to show Hinton retrieving the gun from the ground and continuing to run with the gun in his hand. Hinton cut between two dumpsters as he tried to reach a wooded area with his fellow thieves as they were exiting the scene at a high rate of speed. The car was heisted stolen from Edgewood, Kentucky, brought across state lines. And of course that's another issue that is, shall we say, a Kentucky violation, also a federal violation, and won't take you that far. And these she said. The officer of Father Shots set in interviews that Hinton pointed the gun at him. I'm not sure that can be proven, yea or nay. I've reviewed the footage that you have dozens of times, and it's so blurry, I can't tell whether he had the gun in his hand or not. But even assuming he did not have the gun in his hand, which is not necessarily provable one way or another, that he was justified in shooting because of the fact he was a fleeing felon in possession of a gun. At some point there was a third wound from a bullet that's truck hitting his shoulder and the right posterior lateral chest according to Somarco, and the coroner did not say what direction this bullet came from. But he was not shot in the back, according to doctor Somarco. And at some point tomorrow I've invited on Connie Pillage and also the attorney for the estate Ryan Hinton himself has an estate set up, and I'm going to reach out also to Clyde Bennett, who's the criminal attorney, and also to the Johnny Cochrane law firm that represents the estate of Ryan Hinton to get their reaction. After two o'clock today, that's kind of where we are, so we'll see what happens, and it's going to be dramatic. I'm told that the police are prepared for unrest, shall I say, some many protests and or riots. I can't imagine in this circumstance, maybe sadly because of the murder of Deputy Sheriff Larry Henderson, that maybe the heir has been taken out of the balloon about acting as if this is some wrongful shoot, which clearly it is not. It is a rightful It is a justified shooting of someone in possession of a gun who, within a split second, as others have done, directed the gun toward the officers and shot them or shot several of them many many times. So we'll see what happens with that. And a lot of this has to do with aggressive or passive policing of a high crime areas, and it happened after Michael Brown in Missouri, and then it happened a lot more after George Floyd in twenty twenty. Cops have stood down. They don't want to proceed, they do not want to be actively pursuing anyone. And simply the way things are today, the way policing is conducted, I'm not sure it's the way the population wants you to be conducted, but the police Department's gotten the message from their political appointees, the liberal Democrats in many cities that do not be actively policing high crime areas because it looks bad politically. And so that means we have speed bumps on Madison Road. And that means you used to have circumstances where cops would show up and things were slow on a shift to take a handful of warns with you and go arrest somebody who has warrants out for their arrest. Go out there and get somebody. That doesn't happen anymore. Proactive policing has greatly been diminished, and to the detriment of the communities in which policing has taken place. In fact, Reuters and others have done surveys and what's happened the past five years supposed to the five years before that, and there's a few arrest crime is up, the commission of crime is up, but arrest and prosecutions are down. And those suffering are poor communities and middle class communities in which individuals have a sense that even if I'm caught, nothing's going to happen. And in this case, all Ryan Hinton had to do was to stop listen. Number one, don't take the gun with you from the car that you stole. Number two, because you've dropped the gun, leave the gun on the ground and run. Didn't do that, picked it up again. Then thirdly, ran between two dumpsters, very bad idea. And then he took two shots, maybe three, maybe two, it's uncertain. By the corner there was three wounds, probably caused by two bullets. He gave his life for the crimes that he had committed, and one of them was attempting to flee a police officer. Also weapons violations, also stealing cars. And if you believe what's being said by the police officer, he perceived the gun was pointed at him. That means attempted murder of a police officer. So what caused Ryan Hinton's death was Ryan Hinton's behavior. That's what caused his death. I hope that Connie Pillage finds out a little over an hour and we're going to carry it for you live as we continue. And lastly, and this is a financial matter I had on yesterday, the speaker of the house of Matt Huffman from Lima, the home of Leonard Rush Lima Senior, rushed his soul who kind of laid out what's gonna happen with the funding of the Browns and the Bengals. There's something called unclaimed funds in Ohio that are given to given to the state by banks, savings, the loan's credit, unions, and persons when no one's claiming any money. It's built up to it almost five billion dollars the state has and unclaimed funds. I know some are talking about cigarettes cigarette tax. He said that's not going to happen because if you're in Cincinnati and you still smoke cigarettes, which is a bad decision, go to Coventon to get your cigarettes. Ohio is boundered by a whole bunch of other states, and so he said that's we're not going to increase taxes. He said, an extra three percent fee on betting. He said, we're not going to do that. We currently collect I think twenty percent, and we're not going to have more taxes on individuals who bet on sports. Also talked about that. There was one point at which the House said we're going to back the bonds issued by the state to build a Brown stadium, and that turned out to be a bad idea. The full faith and credit. Can you believe the numbers? He is circling around the idea of using that four point eight billion dollars to fund private projects. And those are people's moneies that have not been claimed. They're going to have a ten year statute of limitations ten years until twenty thirty six for you to go online and claim the money. And the Apartment of Commerce is going to spend two million dollars to raise awareness of unclaimed funds and so that money can be used not just for the Browns and the Bengals. By the way, the money is not put in the pockets of billionaires. A lot of construction work's going to be done. A lot of butchers and bakers and candlestick makers and carpenters and drywallers and cement companies, lots of companies are going to build lots of stuff. And of course the billionaires like Mike Brown and Hasslem are going to benefit from it. But the money is sitting there anyway, and it appears Democrats and Republicans are encircling the idea of what using that four point eight billion dollars a part of it to really make a bigger effort to say, you know, what you've got to come claim this money, and there's a way of doing it, to the Secretary of State's office. And if you don't claim it, and then what's going to happen is that it's going to be used by this certain commission to be put together the purpose away which will be to disperse the money over years to construction projects and for other reasons. Of all the alternatives, to me, that's the best. So let's continue with more coming up next. Why get rid of public radio and public television subsidized by you the taxpayer? And after two o'clock today will be Connie Pillach yourself. Let's continue. Bill Cunningham, the Great American Live at your home of the Reds playing today starting about six oh five with lance A News Radio seven hundred Wow. Bill Cunningham, the Great American. Of course, the NPR, PBS, etc. Are funded government entities that tow the company line out of Washington, And for the last several decades there's been moved only by Republicans to try to spike the federal government funding out of your pocket to fund often bad radio and bad television. And it never succeeds. And I've said before on the feud now happening between Trumpster and Elon Musk that if things don't fundamentally change now on the budget deficit, it's never going to change. And one of the low hanging fruit is hundreds of millions of dollars every year going to PBS and NPR in order to keep liber liberal alcoholytes alive to give out a message which is always given out any way on NBC, ABC, CBS, New York Times, Washington Post. It's the same stuff, but nonetheless it's something if it doesn't happen now, is not going to occur, and I have confidence it might happen. JT. Young is the author of a story Democrats truly need NPR? And JT. Young Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, I'll ask you the question why did Democrats truly need NPR?
Speaker 3: Well, Bill, first let me thank you for having me on today. I really appreciate it. They need NPR for just what you were saying. You were ticking through all the different media organizations. You mentioned the Washington Posts, you could have thrown into La Times, any number of them. A lot of these are losing their shirts. They cannot compete in the private sector. We just we're seeing MSNBC being spun off and they resulting in headcounts of reductions, some of their anchors hapen to take pay cuts, some being dismissed. They cannot compete. They need to be out there in an area where the government is subsidizing what they can't earn on their own. So that's why they don't just want INPR and Corporation for public broadcasting. They desperately need it because they know they cannot compete. They cannot get their message out without this.
Speaker 1: There may have been a reason a half a century ago or more before the advent of FM radio in rural areas, especially to have a government paid for and sponsored television or radio station. I know in our market we have two NPR stations. I guess in a sense we compete against them, but not really. I would love to get one hundreds of millions of dollars of subsidies for iHeartMedia stations all around the country. Doesn't happen that way, make the argument. I watched some of the testimony of the CEO, etc. Which was embarrassing, claiming that even though ninety seven percent I'm sorry, ninety seven of their employees are registered Democrats and none are registered Republicans. None belong to a conservative that somehow that is not biased. Can anyone fairly indicate that NPR and PBS today are independent, impartial sources of news that we sorely need and we can't get it anywhere else except from NPR and PBS. Ken Burns every now and then makes a good series on PBS, but he's electoring radical himself too. Well, what's the argument in today's world with the internet and podcast And if you live in a rural area, if you're in Ames, Iowa, you can get through the internet almost any kind of information you want. So when these experts show up to say it's required, and I have some quotes that you provided me from Democratic senators that are talking about how critical for the body politic NPR is in stations and and can you also give us JT. Young, give us a breadth of government support for NPR and uh for for PBS. How much money are we talking about here?
Speaker 3: We're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars and you know what it allows them to do. Also, don't forget that receiving government money also gives you a certain government impromotor, which allows them to raise from their own people, you know, their own even when they do these in sessent fund raising. They they can do that because you will always hear them in tone that they are you know, funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. That gives them a certain credibility to their audience that then allows them to also fundraise on their own. So if they lose the hundreds of millions of dollars that are being funneled, they lose that, but they also lose that credibility to their audience, and that hurts.
Speaker 1: You have the point in your article on NPR dwells the situation that's worse. According to Talker's estimates from March or twenty twenty five, all the top ten radio talk show hosts were conservatives. Earlier this month, Slate admitted liberals have been sufficiently rooted out of the digital media ecosystem at a moment when political conversations and activism exists largely online. And so I guess the argument here is because we are popular, you know, right in the Midwest. This is the most popular talk show in the Midwest, that somehow that NPOs are paid for by the taxpayer as a counterbalance that somehow they must exist to shut up people like Joe Rogan and I guess Sean Hannity and others. And that's what they're saying, that the decline of listenership and viewership for NPR and PBS, they must be supported because they're failing. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think that's exactly it. And you can say that even more broadly about their message. And if you don't believe the message is failing, and you don't believe what you saw in the November election, just go back and look at what Joe Biden's approval ratings were an issue after issue, whether it was the econom inflation, immigration, whatever it was he was, his ratings were even lower than his low overall approval rating, which just goes to show you that the things that they are pushing for are not supporting. It's further validation as to why they are getting killed in the public marketplace, and so what they again want and desperately need. And when you read those quotations from these Democrats who are imploring that the funding continue, they mean it, and they mean it because yes, to them, it absolutely is needed, because this is the only way their message can get out. It's the way they can talk to each other, and it's the only place that they can really count on doing it. As they see venue after venue being pressed, whether it was MSNBC being spun off, the losses that are being taken in large amounts by the La Times, by the Washington Posts, they're terrified their message is losing. They need this. And of course when the left needs something, where do they go. They go to the government. They get everyone else to pay for it. You can like NTR, fine, it's I mean, we're not saying it's conservatives that you can't have it. You just have to pay for it like everyone else. Does. You know, whatever shows you enjoy watching them, you don't expect someone to come and write your check to pay for the show that you like.
Speaker 1: So what from the mind of a liberal that they've lost newspaper circulation. In fact, you point out in your article that the Washington Post loses about one hundred million dollars a year. You look at MSNBC, they're viewerships some cut in half. CNN is a disaster happening. And so the last vestage is of giving out given out their liberal at times Marxist messages is NPR and PBS. But to keep that going, they want all Americans to reach in their pocket continue to subsidize then the tune of five hundred million dollars a year. And I'd make this point JT. Young that before the election, there was a survey conducted, like in September and Octo, and if an American only received their news from NBC, ABC, CBS or the big city newspapers or NPR, if that's where you got your news from, seventy one percent of the time, you voted for Democrats. Because garbage in, garbage out. So if you see, read, and hear only a certain message, the world exists only in your mind, but not in reality. And so that's why the Democrats and the Senate in the House are fighting so hard for taxpayer subsidiation of bad radio and bad TV because they're losing their outlets for the other messages. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, and they are terrified that they will lose this and that they will continue to see an erosion. They're feeling this pressure across the board on issue after issue, and we could we could talk all day about the failing issues the left has embraced in a bare hoold you know that they they will not let go of even though the rest of America has moved on and rejected it. They cannot. They are trapped in themselves on an island of you. They have isolated themselves where they want these networks that will speak their language to them. It's kind of the security blanket, you know, by which they that they cuddle and wrap themselves around.
Speaker 1: Kind of like abortion is healthcare, or such as the southern border is shut down, or such as transgender rights as human rights that to mutilate the genitals of a child is certainly permittable. And so therefore, if these messages are not getting out of sufficient numbers, is going to be harder for the Democrats to be elected. And the Democrats in Washington they sorely need power to get control of the of the checkbook, which they've had a lot of. And so if they lose these other media outlets required to keep NPR, and I would love to get the subsidies. I'm sure many Americans saw the testimony of Katherine Maher, who's the CEO of NPR, and there were many, including a representative guil of Texas. One of my favorites who wonever list after list of the stories run by NPR as if they were facts, and they ignored, for example, the mental decline of Joe Biden. They ignored the fact that abortion is not healthcare for an unborn baby. They ignored the fact of the England study that indicates that for fifteen to twenty years, the great majority of teenage boys and girls who switched genders regretted it greatly, and there were magnitude of other health difficulties. But did you see the testimony of Katherine Maher and was your takeaway from that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And my sense for her testimony is they should have just read Uri Berliner's article into the record, because here was somebody who's been at the network and he laid it out, chapter in verse in an iconoclastic article that he wrote. And I know I quoted from that in my piece of how NPR has lost its way and they are, in fact, just talking to themselves and they've made themselves a caricature. And again, if you want to do that, we as conservatives are not saying you can't do that. That's censorship. What we're saying is a rest of America shouldn't be paying for you to do that. If you can do it on your own dime, that's your business, but don't take our times in order to pay for you to do it.
Speaker 1: As the definition of being audacious is for NPR to sue the federal government claiming that this a violation of our free speech rights at NPR explain that circuitous logic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and it's impossible. I think what we always see is the Left just throws up these smoke screens of words and tries to.
Speaker 2: Hide their base.
Speaker 3: Motives in a grandized rationale. So they're going to call it censorship, which is patently untrue. We all know it's untrue. You know, censorship again is denying an individual the right to speak. It's a different thing to say we are now also need to be subsidized to speak. That's not censorship, and everyone knows that. And the rest of the marketplace of ideas lives under that rubric of we compete, We put our viewpoints out, and if our viewpoints attract enough people, we continue to put them out. But of course, again democrats are seeing their viewpoint being rejected over and over. Terrify. I've happened to compete, so they won't this subsidy. They need this subsidy, and they're going to fight tooth and nail to retain this subsidy. And they'll say anything under the guise of censorship or some higher motive for the basist reasons that they need to keep this for their own political.
Speaker 1: Purposes, you know. JT. Jung the rights in the First Amendment. For example, you have the right to practice your religion, but you don't have the government build you a church to practice your religion. You have the right to assemble and to speak, but you don't have the right to demand the government to provide you a soapbox to speak from. And so NPR certainly has the right under the First Amendment to say whatever they want to say, but it doesn't mean the government has got to pay for their radio station. In this market. In Cincinnati, our local public radio station has a ten million dollars beautiful building they just erected, paid for by the taxpayer, as if they're doing in the lord's work. But when it comes to public radio, you have the right to your opinion, but you don't have the right to the government pay a facility to express your opinion. In you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I think you hit it right on the head again. The issue here is the subsidy. So they want to change, they want to change the subject. They want to talk about anything else but that. And you look at the NPR listenership. I know I included it in the article, you know, and this was NPR's own audience evaluation. The average person who's listening is making roughly fifty percent more in annual income than the average American. These are people who could easily pay for it if they deemed it worthwhile. Apparently they don't, and they feel like the government should pay instead, which worth just means that you and me and the rest of the country will chip in to give them what they want to get and they're not willing to pay.
Speaker 1: For How about this, the Great American Bill Cunningham has to pay taxes to support an entity that I compete with, and I'm thinking, in what world is that correct? Lastly, JT. Young, here's a big question. I've been around the block for a long time, and this has started with Ronald Reagan some forty some years ago of Republicans saying, wait a minute, why do we fund an organization that is the antithesis of freedom, the antithesis of politics, the antithesis of conservatism. We fund the company having the rope to hang us. And so the big question to you is this, I've been around the block, you have been for a long time. Here we sit in June of twenty five. Is it going to happen? Why should NPR? Why should I subsidize a competitor and talk radio to attack me with my own tax dollars. It's stupid. You can certainly have an opinion. I don't have to pay for a facility in which to exercise your opinion. Well it worked this time? Yes or no?
Speaker 3: Yes, no, I think it will Yeah, thank god?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 3: You're never sure in this No, but I think that what I think what has changed is yes, the deficit is so bad, and we also tend to forget that when we're talking about our past experiences. MPR has gotten that much worse. They've gotten that much more strident. There's not really a defense for them anymore. You're clearly a biased partisan organization, and Republicans aren't going to get any Democrat support for the bills that they're trying to put through because so why should we worry about your vote? The only concern here would be do you get a you know, a squishy Republican who they need the vote and that person throws themselves on the track saying no, I won't do this. But other than that, I think that we have reached a point that these mechanisms are no longer defensible, and the need is so great to reduce the spending time.
Speaker 1: Well, you have the right to practice your religion, but don't make the government build you a church in which to practice your religion. JT. Young, you're a great American. Once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Let's talk later when it's actually a wooden steak is in the Dracula heart of the NPR brigade. We'll talk at that moment. JT. Young, thank you.
Speaker 3: Very much, certainly, Bill, it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 1: God bless America. I let's continue with more. The truth will set us all free. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WL DO two and two.
Speaker 4: That's kind of amazing thing. They're not looking for you, you, they're looking for a female cicada.
Speaker 1: I thought that meant they were scared.
Speaker 3: No, they just.
Speaker 1: I thought that was their cry for help.
Speaker 4: Yelling come on down.
Speaker 1: To a right him filed over by the Brewer third base dugout.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like the price is right if you're a cicada right now, everything's right, You're out of the ground, you're up in the tree, living right. Yeah. They don't last very long though, they lay those eggs and it's you can kiss the baby.
Speaker 1: It's oh fair, Oh hello, quiet, I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: You know Professor Jane kris Ca spent his life studying cicadas, studying them for fifty four years segment fifty four years in the dirt with a cicada.
Speaker 5: Well, I tell you what I think by that answer with the cowboy and Tommy t there, I think the cowboy maybe is the doctor's top associate. I didn't know, as the cowboy knows a lot about cicadas and insects. All of a sudden, and Kritzky is writing a sixth book on the subject, probably as told to Jeff Brandt, frankly understands this stuff. But imagine, seventeen years in the dirt, you have like thirty days to get it on, Marvin Gay style, get it on and then after you get.
Speaker 1: On the man, you are gone. You are gone. Mail goes up into the tree, slits the little little branches of a tree, laser eggs, and then she says, that's it. She falls out of the tree and that's it for her. And then the little larvae lit. The ones kind of over the next month, they kind of grow up a little bit. Then they drop in the ground, drill holes in the ground, eight inches of deep. Wait for seventeen years. Then it's time to party, and here they come again. I don't know if I'd like that or not. What do you think living in the third for seventeen years? I don't think so. Thirty days of glory before we get to the official sponsorship. Jeez, area, I got a text here from your arch nemesis to wild Man, whose birthday is today. So we see, Happy birthday to wild Man. He's eighty seven years old today, Happy birthday to the wild Man. He says, Hey, will it tell that worthless segment to declare I'm the citizen today. It's my eighty third birthday. Oh eighty third. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Give me a good shout out. Well, there you go, right there, big mouth, there you go. Eighty three years young.
Speaker 1: Is the wild Man tell segment to get his crap together? Yeah, from the wild Man to you, You're welcome, wild Man. If you had to spend eternity with Sarah, Elise or the wild Man, what would you do? Head south like a cicada bingalm and get me into the Stuge Report, Willie.
Speaker 5: The Stuge Report is a proud service every local Thamestar heating air conditioning dealers Thamestar quality you could feel in Greater Cincinnati called Corey at Precision Comfort at five one three nine.
Speaker 1: Four one two spots.
Speaker 5: And also, Willie, we want to say that since it's the warm temperatures, have structure.
Speaker 1: And had a bunch of cicadas on his chest. God I said, is that the vow head cicadas like nursing at his bosom? The vowed man was nursing cicadas? Is that possible? Back through our reality?
Speaker 5: The Reds open a three game series up against the Twins tonight. That'll be at Double A. Andrew Abbott the New the New Eighth six and one eighty seven e r A All Star six' ten With Sports TALK rnl Carriers Inside, Pitch Kelsey chevrolet xtri inning show after the. Game, Now minnesota comes to town thirty six and thirty five second in THE Al, central about nine back Of. Detroit they've lost four to, row including a sweep At houston over the.
Speaker 1: Weekend so what about The? Twinkies The Red.
Speaker 5: Legs winners eight of their last, eleven two and a half out of a playoff berth in the wild?
Speaker 1: Card you? Snicker did you? Snicker?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: DIDN'T i say they were going to take care of the.
Speaker 5: Time roe, Did Tony pike, did and so Did Austin elmore and Wild. Man non, BELIEVERS i do not. Believe also will the college baseball last?
Speaker 2: Night?
Speaker 5: Arkansas The, hogs the Razorbackspeede Murray state three, nothing Cage wood tossing at, gym the first no? Hitter how about that In College Baseball World series history since nineteen?
Speaker 1: Sixty who was president of nineteen? Sixty that would be Jfk? No you? Sure oh that?
Speaker 4: Was that?
Speaker 1: Was oh? POSITIVE i, know come, on who was a? Guy but it. Wouldn't they'll Be jacobs he came, Over Ike.
Speaker 5: Bingo, sorry don't make a. Mistake let's see H ehl hockey. News Chuck, weber who won a pair Of Kelly cup titles in two thousand and eight and ten with our Beloved. Cyclones it was also a FORMER Ehl coach of The year as the new head coach.
Speaker 1: AND gm of The Iowa. Heartlanders we also Say wyman, says that's The Iowa. Highlanders which is? IT i don't, know don't make a. Mistake they're In. Iowa who?
Speaker 5: CARES Nba? Finals it was The thunder beating The pacers last. Night so The thunder up, two three games to, two, winner go home For.
Speaker 1: Indy On thursday? Night what about the?
Speaker 5: Hockey The Stanley cup finals resumed Tonight florida And.
Speaker 1: Edmonton where's The Stanley? Cup? Now it's In Sunrise.
Speaker 5: Floor The panthers can take The cup for a second year in a row with a win as they lead The oilers three to.
Speaker 1: TWO i will see what.
Speaker 5: Happened and we also Say, Willie Happy National Mascot.
Speaker 1: Day you mean talking about? Yourself The Blue blob And Xavior Rosie, Red Mister Red, gapper Mister, redlegs Who, Day gary The Lion mister And Missus bearcat d'Artagnan in The Blue blob And VICTOR. E viking of my Beloved Nku Norse VICTOR. E.
Speaker 5: Viking, Yes National Mascot. Day if you're a, mascot you're. In this is your.
Speaker 1: Day baby texted me he wants to do an intelligence test with you because he claims he had a b average At anderson and you could not have been. ANYTHING i thought he went To Indian. Hill now he's the, well he's the public address announcer At Indian. Hill he also went To anderson and he lives In Deer park by The Fireman's Fun. Festival what do you think he got nil money to? Move, yeah Al cicada instead of In cicadas are nursing on the wild. Band what a? Life you live in the dirt for seventeen.
Speaker 5: Years no to come out and just go at it for three weeks and THEN i don't think.
Speaker 1: So then go. Back now you don't go back here you're dead your eggs.
Speaker 5: Then well then you, yeah eight inches deep and they just wait then they and they feed on roots and grass down.
Speaker 1: There that's. Delicious sleep for seventeen. Years then THEY.
Speaker 5: I can't go To Ron's rooster McDonald Or montgomery In If i'm a, larvae, no forget.
Speaker 1: It it's called a, nymph you want to be a? Nymph not gonna.
Speaker 5: Comment, Also, willy besides The Wild band's eighty third, birthday today we say happy birthday to the one of the members of The Big Red, Machine number. Thirteen what the shortstop seventy seven years young?
Speaker 1: Today davy concepts he's getting, old isn't. He, yeah he's all out of Shortstop conceptcion Or. Larkin you had to choose between the. Two but you must, See larkin was.
Speaker 5: THE, mvp but then they had conceptcy almost on Two World championship, teams and he, Developed he developed the, throw the, bounce the first.
Speaker 1: Base he was the one that brought, that got that. Going you, Know david was a little better, defensively But Barry larkin was a little better. Offensively that's, true is THAT i Think davy was a little better, defensively But barry was better. Offensively, correct they could both get go get, it so we'll see what happens. There But barry also could steal a base now and, then, yeah just ask. Him hometown, BOY, Mvp hall Of, Fame Moler High. School not, bad one of the prides Of moler not. Bad, Now griffy was never junior A world. Series that's. Correct that's a. Shame But Roger staubach won two A Dallas Cowboys Super, bowls, right is that? Correct? Yeah and then your And larka know we're in The hall Of. Fame, yes not. Bad An Oscar robertson grew up In indianapolis At Christmas Addicts High. School. Correct is he a Native cincinnatian or? NOT i don't. Know for The bearcats And, royals so to see The Big oh wasn't born. Here but But barry LARK i would Say cincinnati claims The BIG. O we'll take. Him, yeah pretty, good pretty. Good what number did he wear a you see different than in the. Press was a twelve Bingo, yeah along with gene. Freeze and then he was fourteen and with The, royals there's that number, again. Fourteen there's a number here and there it is Arch nemesis is a wild. Man, yeah he is the wild man and he's your arch. Nemesis. Yeah, well good luck to. It give me your prediction in about ten. Minutes i've been nice to it now BECAUSE i meant his. Birthday but you also said cicadas are suckling at his. Breast you said, that not. ME i saw the. VIDEO i was. Disgusting it was like in a, pool floating And cicada's are all over his, body suckling at his, breast As Jean christ's shooting some kind of horror movie over An indian hill or.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 5: Willie it was on this, date thirty one years ago today the world watched AS. O. J Simpson jeez led the authorities on that famous chase Through Los angeles And white, four turning himself into his home in The White bronco with Al cowlings at the.
Speaker 1: Wheel get me out of THE studi, Report.
Speaker 5: Willie And, honter of a hot and rainy day here in the Tri. State we leave you with the immortal words of the stewed.
Speaker 1: Report, NO i wasn't there to hurt.
Speaker 2: ANYBODY i just wanted my personal. Things AND i, Realized, NO i was stupid to be a.
Speaker 4: Liar.
Speaker 1: There he is sa a color blooded. Murderer he murders that you saw. HIM i saw him in the mother of his children, Anybody AND i didn't mean mis still from. Anyway then he admits to it later in a, book IF i did it a, liar And Brilly Bob trumpy spoke glowingly OF oj as a. Person but then even The Trumpster Bob trumpy flipped ON Oj. Simpson that's true as it should. BE i segment get. Ready coming up next is a live press conference Of county pillag somewhere in The Hamley County courthouse to talk about indictment or not of the police officer who Shot Ryan. Hinton did SHE i wanted to wanted to make SURE i did EVERYTHING i could to keep us safe while repairing some of the damaged reputation of this. Office on seven HUNDRED. Wulw hello, Bye i'm. Broadcasting all, right, boys this stooge delayed will not be a stooge Denied Connie.
Speaker 6: Pellach do you AND i just listened to the prosecutor forty five.
Speaker 1: MINUTES i hate to say. This she did a pretty good. JOB i hate to say. It i'm, sorry.
Speaker 6: Said the officer who shot and Killed Ryan inten was legally justified in the use of.
Speaker 1: Force laid it. Down of, course the other side, YOU i don't know if you're gonna have on the news conference in about thirty, Minutes probably, not but the other side's gonna have hitch thing is gonna calm. Down Michael wright's likely to say you should not be executed for stealing a. Car but that's not the. Question it's not the. Question the question, is was there at the moment of the shot, fired was reasonable to assume the officer's life was in? Danger was the officer.
Speaker 6: That said when this first, happened there were three different instances he could have proactively saved his own. Life, one don't steal a. Car, two don't brandish a. Gun, three don't when you dropped the gun pick it back. Up and then four pointed out an, officer that's a.
Speaker 1: Problem but now right's gonna say it is not, clear and that that wouldn't ask Of connie clear that the gun was actually pointed at the. Officer it was in his right. Hand, now how long would it take to change the direction of the gun from forward to? Left taking a tenth of a. Second so it didn't. Clear but the officer, perceived and it was that reasonable of him him to.
Speaker 6: Perceive have a gun in your hand with one in the chamber for a, reason you're.
Speaker 1: Kind of a. Gun and she said there was twenty three in the clip and one in the chamber ready to.
Speaker 6: Fire, now a standard extended mag block holds thirty. Three like a standard magazine holds, seventeen assuming it was a glock. Seventeen, okay holds seventeen plus one in the chamber extended mag will hold thirty three Plus.
Speaker 1: He only had twenty. Four they had twenty. Three use the other nine somewhere, else somewhere, else we don't know. Where but they also have great video at four forty five. Am he'd be dead within a few. Ours they had the video of him rifling through cars In Boone county at Four that was step one on the operation saved my own to show you whose, attitude they had numerous video and picks of him standing there seemingly in his own bedroom with guns in his hands and guns in his. Waistband and what is, well he was seventeen years not? Exactly is?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: No is that? Good and then of course they had the other three. Guys as soon as they, able they. Boogied so let me ask you.
Speaker 6: This so now this comes out and the lawyer they're gonna have their press conference here at three, o'clock Which god, willing we won't.
Speaker 1: Carry does that mean THERE'S i mean there riots in the streets this. Weekend i'll walk AROUND i think, not and largely it's sadly it's because Of Larry. Henderson If larry had not been killed the way he was murdered by the Father. Rodney there's a sense, that you, know despite online, postings you, know taking care of your, own they kill one of, us we kill one of them that attitude eye for an, eye so we're. Good all of us are blind all of a. Sudden BUT i don't think it's the same. Sense but we'll. SEE i talked to a command officer who told me they're monitoring social media as to where there's going to be anyone getting. Together they're going to go to the, Courthouse they're going to go To Price, hill and if that's the, case they're ready to. React BUT i don't think this is similar to the to the situation in twenty oh one With, roach et. CETERA i. DON'T i don't sense, it AND i DON'T i think kind of did a really good. JOB i hate to say, it, HATES i can't. Disagree you got to call it a spade is spade right?
Speaker 6: Now how many times under her watch as a police officer's use of deadly force been investigated.
Speaker 1: Four four already in your short term. Unusual, yeah. Four and normally you don't take it to the grand jury unless you firmly believe you can get a conviction at. Trial, right firmly believe and on these on these set of, FACTS i firmly believe she couldn't get a conviction to. Trial it isn't even. Arguable some of the reporters, said, well you know your, Friend segment's, Guy Mike, moser always takes police shootings to a grand. Jury he's the only prosecutor in the region that does. That does they have to know where's he? Prosecuting? Again Butler, county that's what the segment is, headquarters and he always takes him. There but you don't have. To there's no law or. Procedure but she. Did their county did absolutely the right. THING i hate to say, that but if you took the transcript to What jesus said and don't put experience or a gender with, It Joe dieters could have said exactly the same. Thing that's what we, want, right that's WHAT i want to. GO i would expect prosecutors to act like. Prosecutors joe called in a like a prosecutors acting like a, prosecutor and she did a damn good. Job say give me some sports and make it fast and don't be a.
Speaker 5: Clown, well he the student reporters of service of her local Tame Star heating and Air conditioning, Dealers tamestar quality you can feel In Cincinnati Collway Homing air at one eight eight eight NINE hvac and and but thank You. Roxy the stud's report also presented to this week by a C r gun Eyed pools and spas call today.
Speaker 1: Swim this year hit our Man Frank zibell because it's, hot, hot hot. Outside don't be hotter next, week bus days, Right i'd like to see him doing like a double double slip up high board into AN acr GUT i for you, know buster point next he, said.
Speaker 5: Bubbles, Yeah red's kickoff of three game set up against A twinsda Night willie on bark in the, park what about?
Speaker 1: It DOUBLE a the New, ace what about?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 5: Uh Andrew abbott six and one one point eighty seven e R a on the mound AND i Hear Red lakes number forty.
Speaker 1: One you KNOW i got a text here from your Friend Wildman.
Speaker 5: Walker, okay we'll mention his birthday, again is that what he's mamouth on off of.
Speaker 1: Ill the number of The lshoe pitcher who throw fourteen first no hitter since nineteen sixty? Fourteen did? You he, said tell segment and report the fact number. Fourteen there's that, number, right he's the program. Director and by the, way he, said tell that jerk. Segment i'm seventy, five not eighty. Three that's not. Funny, okay it's not funny. Segment.
Speaker 5: Okay so he, said you know you can't text back and say thank you for mentioning my, birthday not once but?
Speaker 1: Twice what numbered? Anywhere what? Number and by the, way do you see who was in the? STANDS i monitor these, Things Paul skeens And Olivia. DUNNE i honor that.
Speaker 6: In the front. Closely, YES i have. To it's my job.
Speaker 5: Six' Ten With SPORTS talk R No Carriers inside pitch And Then Kelsey Chevrolet extra inning show after.
Speaker 1: The, Game so rock did you do a? Good job did a? Good job it made.
Speaker 6: The right justice was served from all the evidence and THE things i looked at and like it was a good shoot.
Speaker 1: And many choices, to Make And ryan hinton made all the bad Ones and unfortunately. He's dead his behavior. Caused it you don't get executed for stealing, a car According To michael wright Of The Cochran. Law firm you do get to, executed though when you have a gun in, your hand pointed at a cop with one in the chamber and about twenty three ready, to go then. You will, in fact when he picked it up at least two, three times that's indication he wanted to, use it took it out of, the car. Fell, again yeah that's. An indication that's.
Speaker 6: The one because, right there it's, it's like, you know fate And maybe god intervened and made him drop, that gun say you, know what and he had the choice, to say, All right, I'm alive, i'm well that gun's right.
Speaker 1: There hands i'm Going, for.
Speaker 6: Okay we'll talk about, the, car, Theft whatever we'll live to fight.
Speaker 1: Another day this city will pay millions of dollars on. This anyway you want to predict on, That one sake, says yes.
Speaker 5: Civil, lawsuit, sure really they're supposed to have a press conference in.
Speaker 1: Five minutes they're going to announce on what grounds will be A civil there's no execution for stealing a car of course that's not. The question but he didn't get executed. For stealing That's what connie pill. JUST said i, said that but, you know you sue and you get paid because lawyers love to. Get paid what's on one? Of them what's on the? Big show we have a Rage. Or vino he's an oil and.
Speaker 6: Gas expert gas price is expected to rise because of the.
Speaker 1: Midi's, tensions yes and you had him.
Speaker 6: On earlier, damn it we had, him Booked Doctor.
Speaker 1: DEAN chriskey i didn't. Know, THIS yeah i should have told me nobody, we like what do we lack?
Speaker 2: Your?
Speaker 1: Segment? Communication bingo what business are?
Speaker 3: We?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 1: Communication BINGO if i, KNEW that i would have. Skipped him. That's right but let's, face it we listeners in twenty minute increments great AND so i look at it that one plus our listener base is much much, more vast very. Much more. Come out the, Students, Reported honey pillage did a. Good job but but.
Speaker 5: Will you and honor of a rainy day here in the, dry state we leave you with the immortal words Of the.
Speaker 3: Stooge report at, some point this foolishness is at a stop
Speaker 1: On SEVEN hundred w u l w