Speaker 1: Yea ripped up new need advice, so you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three Talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Welcome. Hey.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know if you're just tuning in or if you were listening. This morning, we had some technical difficulties. I think they've been worked out. We fed the Gerbils on the wheel and we're back up and running on the air. Three oh three, seven one three Talk is our number seven one three eight two five five. Now that's the talk number at the station KJOW. We also have, of course, other people that listen at other times all over and here's one universal number. You can call twenty four seven and get through to the show. We're on the air, or leave a message if we're not, and then we promise, I mean there's no doubt we will get absolutely positively back to for those streamings on the screen. Three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six. So welcome, my partner in crime. Are you up.
Speaker 6: Your camera's not up, but you're I'm here, no camera today, sir.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, you're okay, Okay, I imagine, yeah, I'm doing something.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: I don't want people to think the wrong thing, but you know you're doing something. Does it rhyme with Tubin? Anyway? So isn't that terrible to have your name associated with that? Can you imagine his poor kids like in high school? My god? No, man, hold on.
Speaker 5: I was thinking the other day for some reason, or was it today, of name associations when I said, now, be honest, I want everyone listening to be honest. When I said, we fed the Gerbil on the spinning wheel and we're back up and running.
Speaker 4: When I said Gerbil, what celebrity? That guy with the Gerbils? Where'd you gear? Gear?
Speaker 5: That's it, Richard Gear. Isn't that terrible that that may not even be true? I mean, who the hell knows? But you're forever associated forever? Okay? So then we said you know doing it? You know, what I'm saying is pleasuring yourself. Who do we think of Tubin? So what I want to know is are there any other names that strongly associated with things? If you had to say a name and as an association, what would it be?
Speaker 4: What would it be? Think about it?
Speaker 5: Any other like really strong associations like that? I think I would like to be a so like love is Elon Muskus with anything?
Speaker 4: Not really?
Speaker 6: Well okay, I mean he's a strong character about adult. Yeah, but what is the associated I mean evil?
Speaker 4: But but there's no one word, right, I mean, well, I can tell you. I can tell you one what Janet Jackson? Well, Janet Jackson, get that one at the super Bowl? Oh? The Booby? Yeah, there is no no you know what? But I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's forever. But that's one of them. How about Bobby want people? I got a great what how about Bobby Bobbitt?
Speaker 4: What Doc? I said? Of course Bobby, I beat you the mark. That's right, Doc was first.
Speaker 5: If you want to get the Bobbitt, that name Bobbitt will forever be associated with a severed bob member member if you're allowed to say the people, Tom, of course you are. But you know what, I've never used the word member in my life. Do you have anyone ever use that word in that context?
Speaker 4: You're president anyway? Dinger? So what would what's that? Dinger?
Speaker 5: Anybody have any strong associations. Oh, I got to have any strong associations. Brandon, go ahead, Brandon, you know what you're right? Pressure, that's an F you, Brandon is an F you?
Speaker 4: Dexter? Did you? I want to I want to bring something on.
Speaker 5: First of all, I want people to call with problems, questions, and complaints of any kind. Three h three seven one three talks seven one three two five five year calls always take precedent.
Speaker 4: We've recovered already this year.
Speaker 5: Listen, uh, it's only February nineteenth, mark, and I remember we took a few calls. I'm thinking we're up around three or four hundred thousand already. And cash merchandising changed this refunds and services maybe not quite that much, maybe around two hundred. I haven't actually looked at the barometer, but I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Next thing I want to talk about, Well, we talk about a lot of things, and the topics are real and they can help you. But I want to know if anyone understands this. Here's what's funny. Like the state of Colorado was just one of the states that got a settlement from Peiser. Now what was the settlement for for illegal mind grae mind, excuse me, excuse me, illegal migrain drug kickbacks.
Speaker 4: Now what does that mean?
Speaker 5: That means that Peiser was sued by attorneys general and the federal government, so thirty eight states and the federal government for paying illegal kickbacks. And it's it's Pfiser. Now what were they doing. They were paying pharmacists and experts to prescribe this biohaven nertech, a prescription drug used to treat migrain headaches.
Speaker 4: Okay, why am I bringing this up?
Speaker 5: You know, Pheiser was the patron saint of curing and vaccines and the mRNA and the best of the best of the best, and they could do no wrong.
Speaker 4: I mean Pfeiser, I swear the name.
Speaker 5: Pfizer was was godlike among Democrats and liberals, godlike. Yet if they were you know, there's a saying, if you're honorable in little things, you're honorable and much or just the opposite. If you're dishonorable in little things, you're definitely dishonorable in big things. Both of those sayings come from the Bible. But I just want to say this. What it means is this, Obviously, you don't change your character. So if they're just honest about this and paying kickbacks.
Speaker 4: Do we believe maybe, maybe just.
Speaker 5: Maybe there were some underhanded stuff going on with the vaccine or is that impossible?
Speaker 4: Do they only?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: See, That's the thing it pisses me off, Well, pisses.
Speaker 5: Me off is how we don't see the demons when we need to. We don't see them. We always think, oh, no, that can't be happening. Do you know that the mr NA vaccine, you think it stopped covid? COVID was being stopped on its own. Now, it did help in a few cases. It did lessen symptoms, we think for those who took it.
Speaker 4: Now, why do I say we think?
Speaker 5: Mark, Why do I say in this study they said, they don't say we think. They said, I don't have it in front of me, but they said they kind of get a feeling that the COVID vaccine did lesson symptoms. Why can't they say that definitively? Do you know why?
Speaker 4: Well, they never did any testing on the damn.
Speaker 6: Drug Well survey it was really they got around all the clin No, no, no, you're right about that.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about that. I'm not talking about that part. I'm talking about this part. The reason they can't say that it definitely caused a lessening of symptoms is because when they did a sampling of people, and many of the people who got the drug, the COVID vaccine had lesser symptoms.
Speaker 4: When they did a blind study, a.
Speaker 5: Double blinde I don't know they call it a double mind, but they had a sample of people who didn't have the vaccine, and a large percentage of them had lesser symptoms because no two people reacted to COVID.
Speaker 4: The same way.
Speaker 5: So when you take a random sampling of people who never had.
Speaker 4: A vaccine and you have a good.
Speaker 5: Percentage of them with heavy duty symptoms and a good percentage of them with hardly any symptoms, what does that tell you The vaccine has nothing to do with that sampling. Yeah, so can we say for sure that those who had the vaccine had lesser symptoms? How can we Because if you had lesser symptoms, you may have had lesser symptoms if you didn't have the vaccine. And I want to know if there are any morons right now, please raise your hand. If there are any morons right this minute, please tell me. Don't be ashamed that actually positively, actually positive lee are taking the mRNA vaccine every year. I want to talk to someone who does it, and I want to know why, Okay, I just want to know why do you trust it? You never had a problem from the very first time. I only did it once, and I did I got scared into it.
Speaker 6: Mark, did you even do it once or not? I had the fake one. I'll leave it at that. I did not have what is it, an mRNA, m DRA whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you had the lesser one, MODERNA or whatever.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: I had the Johnson and Johnson way way back when, and that was it. I had one shot, never got a booster. I was done, brother, anyway.
Speaker 5: Three h three, seven to one three talks, seven one three. I had one in the very beginning, never went back, never will. They scared the hell out of me. We got a lot happening right now. I want you to call if you have a problem, question, complaint. We have some follow ups coming up as well, and we have our deputies as you heard Deputy Doc and we have other deputies on their way and some deputies working remotely, and we are taking your calls at three oh three, seven to one three talk or of course three oh three Martino, three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Kinah Home Solutions your solutions for beautiful exterior products on your home, windows, siding, doors, and more.
Speaker 4: K and H has what you're looking for.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I have a text here and I don't know what it means, but it says.
Speaker 4: Here that why can't you admit that both sides suck? Oh?
Speaker 5: I guess it goes back to some of our discussions we have.
Speaker 4: In a way, both sides do suck.
Speaker 5: No matter what side you're talking about, there's always some good and bad.
Speaker 4: Well I shouldn't say that, obviously. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Name one good thing about the the lefty side, please.
Speaker 5: Hey, Tom, Okay, one good thing.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: One good thing about the lefty side Joe Biden, the pro consumer some of the I'm not talking about Joe Biden. I'm talking about the side in general, not him. I don't think he did much of anything. Just to be honest, it.
Speaker 4: Was fair enough.
Speaker 6: I mean, I liked Hey, listen, I like the original Bill Clinton. Hell, you know, I voted for Obama and up until so.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is there are obviously, but there are obviously, I think policies on both sides of the aisle that have merit. But we tend to be so polarizing right now, not recognizing anything now lately. I will tell you this one thing that I think is really stupid, Doc.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry for not I will talk to you a.
Speaker 5: Second that the one really thing, the thing I don't understand is when they march out Schumer to criticize Trump's and and Elon Musk and Doge and all of the they march him out to talk about how terrible it is what they're doing. And I can't believe there are any Americans who believe the waste that we are cutting.
Speaker 4: Is wrong.
Speaker 6: Well, the government workers, the ones that you know, they have to actually show up for a job or they're not going to have a job or pretty upset about it. So when people out there see anybody marching or doing whatever, the handful of them, they're all directly affected or they're paid, just like Oprah was paid.
Speaker 5: I want to remind you, like Oprah paid, I want to remind people they can text me directly and it comes right to my cell phone.
Speaker 4: It really does. By the way.
Speaker 5: Seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. That is a private line. Now I forward it to myself so I can turn it off when I need to. But I haven't had to do that. Seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. That was a made up number when I got a voice Google Voice about to fifteen twenty years ago. Whenever it was seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. And you can also text me there if you want to inquire about Wave eight Financial or wealth management Wave eight wealth Management.
Speaker 4: I've got some good news to announce about that, by the way.
Speaker 5: About with the partnership with Vestera Turnkey. But right now I digress. Let's talk about the text I'm getting. Tom ask Mark, I don't know why. Why is Mark the car expert? Ask Mark if he would lease a car at this point in his life?
Speaker 4: Mark? Hell no? Okay your reasoning? Why would you say?
Speaker 7: Hell no?
Speaker 4: Though? Mark? Simple miles for you?
Speaker 6: But you know, economically and almost almost forty thousand on the Tesla in no, you know you're running mine.
Speaker 4: Of course you're right.
Speaker 5: But let's talk about the concept, the concept of paying for only what you use. If you could live now, let me give you some caveats. Here are some conditions Mark, if you live within the terms and conditions, meaning, if it's a three year you'll keep it definitely for three years. The mileage you can definitely stay within the mileage. Would you do it for preservation of capital?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Because the main reason now, if we get rid of the mileage thing. You know, if technology changes enough in two years, I'm gonna want to get rid of that car and get a new one.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you don't want any bounds on what you can do as far as liquidation or mileage or anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd end up being stuck with two payments or a car I don't like.
Speaker 5: So what you're saying is with a lease, you must abide by the terms and conditions or it can sting. You absolutely positively correct, You're right, and in a way, you are truly agreeing with the lease or the less ore, and you're the lease. See you're agreeing that they own the car, and you are going to abide by their conditions. It's it's it's a vacation car by owner or or you know, or a car by owner by and the owner being the less ore.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three eight five. Wouldn't you the same stuff though? Would you? Would you? Actually you've been talking about leasing one. I don't. I don't think it's good. There's a reason, Mark, I don't know.
Speaker 5: There there's a real Let me explain for me. Let me explain why. When when I look at capital and I'm just going to say this, I know people knowing.
Speaker 4: Look, look, I've worked hard all my life.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I've I've had one hundred grand or more tied up in a car, literally tied up, cash done. The car's paid for now, the car is going to depreciate, and at the end I'm going to have whatever it's worth, but it depreciates a lot. I usually end up selling the car, buying a new one, putting another hunk of chunk of cash in there. So I am at a point in my life not everyone is, where capital is more important to me than monthly outlays. I can pie, I can get a car and say, you know what, this Tesla or this g Wagon or this Beamer or this whatever it is, I'm only going to use it at.
Speaker 4: This point in my life. Mark, I'm talking.
Speaker 5: I only drive ten thousand miles a year, so let me put twelve on it. Whatever I want it for. I get tired of cars in three years. I can keep a car three years easily. So here's the point. If I'm going to keep a car for three years and put a certain number of miles on it, and they guarantee me the price coming out of it so I don't have it, I don't lose a dime. Then I've simply made monthly payments on the part I'm using.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 5: It's it's I get the car, I make the payments, I turn the car back.
Speaker 4: But I even could buy it if I want, but I'm not. Let's just say I turn it back. Now.
Speaker 5: What I have done, though, is kept that one hundred or one hundred and fifty grand. I've kept it for that entire time, and I've made money with it. So it makes a lot of sense for me because capital and.
Speaker 4: I use of capital is what I'm talking about. Now. I'm not saying that's going to work for everyone. It won't.
Speaker 5: There are times that people, first of all, they will take a thirty or forty grand car and pay it off, and then they will sell it at the optimum time, get most of that money back.
Speaker 4: And if they.
Speaker 5: Lose ten grand, let's say, and they amortize that over the three years they had it, it cost them three thousand dollars a year or about whatever.
Speaker 4: It just didn't cost.
Speaker 5: Them that much money. I mean, you know, it's all in the math. It's all in the math. And the way Mark has been doing it because he puts milage on it, he gets it right before it's going out of warranty.
Speaker 4: I've watched him time and time again.
Speaker 5: He'll pay cash, get the car, use the car gently, keeping great condition. He sells it just before the warranty's up, and and he can sell it with a full warranty, even though there's a mileage on it. People buy it, and he does lose a little, but not much, and then he takes and then invests. So let's say he loses over two or three years, he loses a few grand. If you admortize that monthly, that's a pretty cheap damn car he had.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 5: It's all in the math, wouldn't you agree. I don't think there's one.
Speaker 4: Over the other. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it depends on your life at the time. But don't ever. And this is something people do, and usually young people want to talk themselves into something.
Speaker 4: And I've seen it.
Speaker 5: Happen where they say, but Tom, it's an investment.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you something.
Speaker 5: Maybe one tenth of one percent of any car you buy.
Speaker 4: Will be an investment.
Speaker 5: It's got an If it is an investment, it's not transportation.
Speaker 4: It's something you ooh and aw about and you look at.
Speaker 5: But don't look at your transportation as an investment.
Speaker 4: Don't do it. Don't do it. And I'm going to tell you something else.
Speaker 5: If you want to build wealth, you don't look at transportation as an investment. And you don't look at a house as a suit of status. Now you don't want a piece of crap house. You want a beautiful home. But you would be shocked at how many people have ten times at the house they need or they're empty nesters and they just don't need it. Now they want it. They want to have a little status. There's nothing wrong with that, to have a beautiful home, to have some land, especially if you love it.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, don't do it just for that so many of us, And.
Speaker 5: God, I wish I could have just realized this earlier in life. I realized it maybe twenty years ago. I was around fifty so something, and I started winding down and I was living a lot.
Speaker 4: And this is a real admission.
Speaker 5: And I think if we really, truly, truly, truly, truly look inwardly, we many times, as consumers, live for others. We truly buy things for two reasons. One, yeah, we want them, but two what they say about us. Because if that wasn't the case, there would.
Speaker 4: Never, ever, ever, ever be.
Speaker 5: A reason to have a Rolex versus an Apple Watch. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven to one three talk speaking of deals, waterpros dot net. I gotta call Paul the waterman. I wonder if he's extending that sale. I'm gonna call him. But that sale I'm talking about thirty one ninety five for a whole house.
Speaker 4: Tell him, tell him to extend it for you.
Speaker 5: If you call today, tell him I asked him to thirty one ninety five. That's a whole house system for softening and conditioning, getting rid of the forever chemicals. Plus he will throw in a reverse osmosis rinking water a fountain at the kitchen. Sing now, this is an incredible deal, even for him. Plumbers would start these at fifteen grand. Water pros on that three oh three eight sixty two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martine. What's going on in your life? Three O three seven one three dogs seven one three eight two five five eight.
Speaker 4: Eight eight Heating dot Com?
Speaker 5: You can call them with all this cold and stuff if you're if you're since getting older. They guarantee the lowest prices for high efficiency units.
Speaker 4: They do, by the way, and you can believe them.
Speaker 5: Hey, Thomas Price three or three seven seven zero two seven seven six, Doc, what's going on.
Speaker 4: You talk about people?
Speaker 9: I get my boosts every year because I I think.
Speaker 4: People who have had as severe.
Speaker 9: COVID infections as I had, it makes sense to do anything that could reduce the symptoms if you are to get it again.
Speaker 4: But do you believe that it reduces symptoms?
Speaker 5: I do, Okay, I don't have enough knowledge. I don't have enough knowledge to know them. I mean, but really, if you do think about it, then it is not a vaccination.
Speaker 4: It's a pre treatment exactly.
Speaker 5: And they also claim where I looked it up, that it makes you less contagious.
Speaker 4: Now how would that work, Doc?
Speaker 9: I guess anything that reduces the number of viral particles could make you less less contagious.
Speaker 5: Okay, So if you have less of a load, you have less to shed. Absolutely, So what is your standing on that? Then the mRNA as a technology, do you like it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think it needs more research, but I think the basic idea is pretty good.
Speaker 5: But the basic idea, by the way, when people when people say it alters your your genetic makeup, it really doesn't.
Speaker 4: I mean it really doesn't. Okay.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't like it, but it doesn't alter your genetic makeup. It makes as I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong. It keys your body to look for precursors of a virus way before they become a virus.
Speaker 4: True, that's my understanding as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, So these precursors that occur, can they occur? This is what I've always wondered with other viruses? Does does it help with other viruses? Because if truly that's what it does.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Does am I making sense? Unfortunately?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So it could help detect other viruses and and I mean when I say detect, your body could be picking up other viruses, not just COVID and producing antibodies. I mean, if that technology is truly what it says, the other thing is this.
Speaker 4: I one thing that pissed me off about COVID back in the day.
Speaker 5: And I was blowing the whistle on this, and it turned out to be true. When they do normal virus scannings, they would take some particles DOC and they would scan I don't remember, like I was so deep into it back then, but they would scan it like four times or something, and if.
Speaker 4: It didn't show up, they just stopped.
Speaker 5: But then what they did with COVID, it was they started doing sixteen and then thirty two and sixty four and then finally one hundred and twenty eight times they would scan it and if a little minute particle showed up, they said, you're infected.
Speaker 4: Do you remember what I'm talking about?
Speaker 5: Like when they were screening, they manipulated the screening to show the numbers going up.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: Not only did they manipulate the screening, guys, they also manipulated the death from COVID. You could dive from getting hit by a car, and if you had COVID, they called it a COVID death.
Speaker 5: That's absolutely and Mark I had first hand, well not first hand.
Speaker 4: I didn't die from it.
Speaker 5: I had a first hand experience with this with a relative. I swear to God, I remember the day he left a voicemail. So he drank. He drank like a fish. He was hooked on pain meds. He has cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, and a host of other things, honest to God, in the hospital, alcoholic drug addict, cirrhosis, Oh, some kind of breathing problem way before COVID, Like what do they call that when YOU'REPD, when you're big and fat, well whatever, that means failure to cope basically with your lungs.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Anyway, he had all of that and he falls asleep in death while in the hospital, and they tested him and found he had COVID and that was the cause of death. Now, that is the most ridiculous thing. Why did we put up with that though? And why to this day do people still put up with it? Why do they not get pissed off? Well, I think, why aren't they looking for Fauci's head on a stick?
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 9: I think at the time it was panic mode. Here was this disease that was truly a pandemic, and they didn't know how to deal with it, and so much of it was public relations and politics, that they had to look like they were doing something, And I think that that, to me, was a large part of it, that they were forced politically to come up with something to show that the government and the administration was aware of it and trying to help the citizens.
Speaker 5: You don't feel there was anything dastardly about it. You don't think it was a control thing or anything like that. No, I mean, I don't know. You know, there are so many theories. First of all, I don't believe it was done intentionally, Okay, I think we can dispel that. You know, they called the plandemic. Do you think it was done intentionally? Anybody listening? I mean, truly, I don't think it was done intentionally. I think it was a leak. Why were they experimenting with it though, That's what I want. That's the part that no one ever tells us. Why were they experimenting.
Speaker 1: With it.
Speaker 4: For it to leak to begin with?
Speaker 5: I think it was for warfare, But in any case, once it leaked, Okay, do you believe truly that they took advantage of it just to control the population?
Speaker 4: Do you think that, mark?
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously they were using it for control, but I don't know if it was a concerted, planned effort, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think it would. I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think anybody released it on purpose. I think it came out of that lab, which by the way, we funded, and I think once it was here or they definitely used it as an excuse. My god, they said either get this shot or you got to quit your job. You can't fly, you can't go to a concert, you get kicked out of the army or kicked out of government in general. I don't know what else you would call that, but pure control.
Speaker 5: Well it was control, but I'm saying that wasn't the reason.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 6: Then they started pushing the woke agenda. Maybe woke's not the proper word, but the you know, the the transgender and all this other stuff.
Speaker 5: You had to say to me, what did that have to do? What did that have to do with COVID? Do you think I don't see a connection there? I don't know, man, I help me make that connection.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, the whole connection is you were talking about a power play. They seem to start pushing everything at the same time.
Speaker 5: Okay, I okay, hold on, hold on, I think I know what you're saying, because when they started doing the rent controls and all these executive orders for weird things, they.
Speaker 4: Did every art.
Speaker 6: If you were a landlord, you could have a bum living in your house for over a year not paying anything, and there wasn't a damn thing you could do.
Speaker 5: You're right, you're right, And it really, it really brought out the absurdity of government trying to help when they were hurting people. You know, we did get through that period were their mass evictions? I mean, whatever did happen? Do you know, Mark, I didn't even realize this. I got to take a break, I got I do Did you realize there were people getting COVID aid up until the end of twenty twenty four. Yeah, if it's longer, they were still they're still getting cash.
Speaker 4: Got more coming up?
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine zero sixteen twenty two col shooter Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We don't have too much time in this hour, but it was very very I love it. I mean it was really important the things we're talking about. And I know a lot of people say I don't get political. A lot of these things are direct to the bottom line and direct to our pocketbook, and it means a lot. Now, Tom Co morbidity during COVID, this is a text.
Speaker 4: They changed the terminology to.
Speaker 5: COVID related so as opposed, so if you had COVID with anything else, they called it COVID related. Thank god for doctor Fauci saving us from time from the time Trump told everyone COVID would go away like a cold if we swallowed bleach.
Speaker 4: Does any okay? Monty Monty's Mark Monty.
Speaker 5: Texts almost every day something about he just loves Biden, he loves the Democrats, he hates Trump. Trump never actually said to swallow bleach.
Speaker 4: Ever, he was making a joke.
Speaker 5: He was saying, look, you know, if bleach kills it, why don't we just drink bleach or something? I forget what it was, but he never actually advocated bleach. More coming up, go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ripped.
Speaker 1: You need advice so you don't have come running. Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martine, Hello.
Speaker 5: Out Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We're here to help you solve problems, answer the question, take complaints, the things that tick you off, the things that make you tick.
Speaker 4: That's what we do each and every day.
Speaker 5: Listen, here's what I know if you have a problem, it's always best to discuss it in the beginning, always.
Speaker 4: No matter what.
Speaker 5: Even if you don't have a real problem, we can discern that.
Speaker 4: Or if you have.
Speaker 5: A problem that we can help with, or we can tell you what to do.
Speaker 4: What is the problem? Everything?
Speaker 5: Buying, selling, when to buy, why to buy, where to buy, how to buy? What happens if you're ripped off, lie to cheated, exaggerated? What do you do about it? What rights you have? What about car accidents? What about work related stuff? Anything? Anything?
Speaker 4: We've handled everything.
Speaker 5: So if you're having problems where you need financial advice, consumer advice on anything, give us a call. As I said, forty five years going strong right Denver. I think I have fifty years in the business if you count outside of Denver as well. I came here. I think i'd been in the business six years when I got here three three seven to one, three eight, two five five, we were talking about people being declared dead from COVID.
Speaker 4: When they had other things.
Speaker 5: And then we you know, whenever we criticize anything woke or anything liberal or anything progressive, I got this guy Monte you who loves.
Speaker 4: Loves sending us and he's saying sending me stuff.
Speaker 5: Tom, you know, blah blah blah, basically saying they weren't calling it COVID. They said it was COVID related. It was a codil morbidity thing. And thank god for doctor Fauci. He saved us from Trump who told people to drink bleach.
Speaker 4: You know what, it's not what he said. I am what's well, it's just not what he said.
Speaker 10: He wasn't talking about bleach. He didn't say drink bleach. It wasn't a joke.
Speaker 4: What did he say.
Speaker 10: He had just met with a company that was trying to produce an ingestible UV capsule to fight infections, and that's what he was talking about.
Speaker 5: But he never said to drink bleach or anything near.
Speaker 4: I tell them to do that, but he didn't. So here's the deal.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of stupid things said by everyone by everyone when it came to you know, the virus. But do you know how many deaths China officially had from COVID?
Speaker 4: According to them.
Speaker 5: Five thousand, the lowest mortality rate in the world.
Speaker 4: Mark are you? Are you? Does that surprise you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I think China had four deaths from it.
Speaker 5: Yes, from China's own records two and seventy two deaths. Now, in the beginning, like right through most of the pandemic, they were saying they only had four thousand cases. They amended that, now, think about how many people we have in a maria.
Speaker 4: And how many cases? How many?
Speaker 5: What is our population compared to the cases? But you know we have a fraction of the people.
Speaker 4: They haven't million or so dumb, thank you doc.
Speaker 5: And out of three hundred thirty million, how many cases did we have? Not deaths but just cases in general? Do you remember.
Speaker 4: Of COVID? Does anyone remember? I don't.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm looking it up right now with my boyfriend, and I wish I could get a girlfriend. I got a boyfriend here because you can't get a female voice anymore. But on one of these when I asked about China's official number, they said, it appears as if you are attempting to shed China in a negative light. We do not get in in philosophical discussions regarding countries, nationalities, or ethnic ethnicity. So China had five hundred thousand and a half a million confirmed cases, they said, with five thousand deaths, And I'm not sure what America had, but apparently Tome was.
Speaker 4: Yes, I looked it up.
Speaker 11: The United States had one million, two hundred and nineteen thousand deaths and one hundred and eleven million coronavirus cases.
Speaker 4: How do we have so much more than China?
Speaker 11: Well, maybe the Chinese dated to take the vaccine.
Speaker 5: No, the answer is they lie.
Speaker 4: Well that's probably true.
Speaker 5: Now there is another term that people call excess deaths.
Speaker 4: We had more deaths than expected, So.
Speaker 5: A total death that is a real good indicator of the health of a nation, I mean, or excess death truly. And then here's somebody else said, I would like to know what we should do if Trump gets no taxes on overtime, no taxes on tips, I think that, you know, he's looking to lower taxes all the way around. Did you hear about the proposal to do a flat tax and not have an income based tax but flat percentage? You know, does anyone really know seriously why we went to a graduated tax. They call it a it's actually called a progressive tax.
Speaker 4: Do you know why they call it?
Speaker 5: Then, so the more you make, the higher your percentage. So, in other words, let's put it this way, if you made one hundred grand and had a ten percent tax rate, you would pay ten percent of one hundred grand. If you made a million, you'd pay ten percent of a million. If you if you made ten grand, you'd make ten percent. You know, that's what a flat rate means. Now, with a flat rate, the proposal says have always been this. It starts out with an exclusion of a certain income up to a point, then after that a flat rate. Now here's what the flat rate means, literally, a flat percentage of what you make.
Speaker 4: Many people say this is fair.
Speaker 5: If you make one hundred grand, fifty grand, one hundred and fifty grand, five hundred grand, a million, you pay proportional a percentage, no deduction, is nothing.
Speaker 4: Flat rate?
Speaker 5: Now why do people oppose it?
Speaker 4: Here's why.
Speaker 5: At one time when they were discussing flat rates and it eventually turned out to be they call it a progressive rate, meaning this, the more you make, the higher the percentage.
Speaker 4: The theory is this. The theory is if you make.
Speaker 5: And I hesitate, say ten twenty and fifty because it really taxes are going to start at around fifty grand. So if you make fifty grand, ten percent of fifty which is five thousand would be way more of a burden for somebody making fifty to pay than if somebody was making a million and had to pay ten percent. That's the theory behind what's called the progressive or graduated tax. How do you feel about that, mark? How do you feel about that you're in teen?
Speaker 6: I'd like I love the idea of a flat tax. I mean, that's really what I like more than anything. But do you think it's regressive?
Speaker 5: Meaning it hurts people in lower income brackets?
Speaker 4: Well, they don't buy as much as P and.
Speaker 5: Upper So no, okay, So if somebody paid ten percent of fifty thousand, they're paying five thousand for their tax, they end up with forty five thousand dollars adjusted or not adjusted, but a net. And somebody who makes a million pays ten percent, they pay one hundred thousand, they end up with nine hundred thousand exactly.
Speaker 6: Or you know, they buy a million dollar house, they buy a new car, they buy whatever. All of a sudden, they're they're paying one hundred and fifty two hundred three hundred thousand in taxes that year.
Speaker 5: Right, right, So do you agree with doing away with deductions? If they do a flat rate, would you be willing to do that.
Speaker 6: Well, I think you'd have to get rid of of course, why would you have both?
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, Lisa. Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three seven one three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: What's going on, Lisa?
Speaker 12: Well, we went back to uh, we're here Colorado Springs, and my daughter wanted to move back from Syracuse, so we flew up on Thursday the ninth. A friend of mine that went with us picked out a moving company in New Jersey. Come to find out, I think they're a they're not a moving company, but they kind of do a contracting for that. I'm not sure, but it's.
Speaker 5: Called a that's called a broker. That's hold on that, Lisa, that's called a broker. They're common, not necessarily, you don't know the problem.
Speaker 4: With a broker.
Speaker 5: They take a fee, obviously a big fee, and then they hand you off and they don't care who they do business with. So it's kind of very risky. Keep going. What happened?
Speaker 12: Okay, So they came up on the fifteenth. We had everything packed and ready to go. These two guys came in. They speak Farsi. They wouldn't speak English. So we really couldn't communicate with them, but we ended up getting everything rapid.
Speaker 5: How did you find How did you find the New Jersey broker?
Speaker 12: A friend of mine here in town was looking for someone that was close by because we were kind of in a hurry and we needed to grab these guys quickly, and so he found.
Speaker 5: Them in the Okay, so this broker, this broker, Here's how it normally works. And then I'm going to let you tell your story, but I'm going to tell you how it normally works.
Speaker 4: A broker gets.
Speaker 5: Your information and makes all kinds of promises and even quotes prices. Then they get a deposit. The broker takes that deposit and is gone forever. They sell the contract to a bunch of scumbags who want to choose it. And then let's say, scumbag A buys your contract from Sleeese broker. The sleeze broker's gone. They made their money, the broker made their money. Now the sleezebag who bought it, that mover buys it thinking we're going to make money by pressuring them to make another deposit when we come to pick up.
Speaker 4: And we're going to make it really hard for them.
Speaker 5: Then Slay's bad a mover often sells it again to Slee's bag B mover, and that mover is the one that delivers and hits you up once again. So I just want to tell people in general how the moving scam works.
Speaker 4: What how did it happen with you?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 12: So we contacted them over the phone, and they asked for the payment. The estimate they gave us was going to be delivered in three.
Speaker 5: So third with well, okay, hold on, how much was the initial deposit?
Speaker 12: The initial deposit was like five hundred and seventy something dollars and.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's very small, and that went to the broker.
Speaker 12: I don't know. All I know is that I didn't know they were a broker till after I've been looking up all this information.
Speaker 5: Okay, Basically, after you paid the five hundred and seventy then what happened?
Speaker 4: What's the very next step?
Speaker 12: Okay, the very next step was when they showed up a couple days later to pick up the goods and put them on the truck.
Speaker 7: I had to pay another Yes, they.
Speaker 12: Had asked me that the first payment.
Speaker 5: They would Okay, how much did you have to pay when they came to pick up the stuff.
Speaker 4: How much did you have to.
Speaker 7: Pay same price?
Speaker 12: Three seventy two, three seventy two something like that.
Speaker 5: That's still pretty cheap. So you paid five seventy to the broker, then you paid another three hundred and something when they showed up.
Speaker 12: When they showed up, and then they said that the third would be due on delivery here in Colorado.
Speaker 5: The thing was, but these numbers made no sense to me whatsoever. They make no sense to me. Five hundred and seventy dollars, three hundred and seventy five dollars, and then you're going to pay another three hundred and something. So your whole move was only going to cost a little over one thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 12: That was one of the reasons why my friend chose it, because of the cheapness of it.
Speaker 4: The three well, what is she moving one room? What is she moving?
Speaker 12: Just moving up about thirty cartons full of clothing, a bed, some office furniture, and.
Speaker 7: That's about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's something strange going on.
Speaker 5: Okay, the balance would be due when they deliver, so keep going.
Speaker 12: What happened then, Okay, so they told us when I talked to her on the phone to make the initial reservation for the movers. She told me that they would be delivered between five to fourteen days. The bill of lading, which I cannot pull up now because it's disappeared, but it actually said that they actually have thirty days business days, thirty business days in which to deliver these items.
Speaker 4: But you thought it was going to be within two weeks, correct? Correct? But okay, business? So what happened then? What happened then?
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, when was this first initial content track made? When did they show up to pick it up?
Speaker 12: January fifteenth?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I'm still listening.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, and then I'm sorry, yeah, January on January fifteenth, so in order for me to get.
Speaker 5: Okay, so then, so then it was supposed to come in two weeks have been would have been at the end of January.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 12: So the Bill of lating says that it's not a guaranteed delivery date that they have. They have the windows. They have a window in order for for whatever reason, weather or whatever. But thirty business days to them is thirty days without the weekends, which would be the twenty sixth of February. The other problem we've had is we've called about once a week each week to talk to somebody. Oh, well, we'll get back to you. We'll call you right back. Nobody ever calls back and then on there Wait.
Speaker 5: A minute, so you still don't You still don't have your stuff? Is that correct?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 5: Okay, I want to say a few things about it. I'm going to say a few things about this right now after I take this break. Thank you, Shannon. Sorry, I'm really going over time. I apologize to my affiliates. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: CMG Financial.
Speaker 5: By the way, they're doing regular loans, they're also doing reverse loans. They're also doing the all in one loan, and I recommend the all in one loan, which is the one that you want if you are doing it's really important. If you are doing a line of credit for thirty years, you can borrow it up, pay it down at will, and that CMG Financial three oh three eight eight two six six seven nine. Partner and Lending dot com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Sure, Hey Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven on three eight two five five. Lisa has an issue with movers. It doesn't sound totally terrible.
Speaker 4: And here's why.
Speaker 5: So far, if the whole move's going to cost like a little over one thousand bucks, I mean, we're not talking about big money here. Usually ripoffs do way worse than this, or wait, you know, way worse for you. It doesn't sound like a typical ripoff. Now, I'm not saying they're great guys, And I don't know how long it's going to take to it yourself. By the way, thirty days is nothing, Okay, forty five days maybe you know, it depends on the move. But here's the deal. You're coming from New Jersey, to hear. Here's what I want to know. How much is going to be due when it's when it's delivered.
Speaker 12: Another five hundred and seventy two dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know if that's a very reasonable move if they do it.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: So I want to know this. What is the problem right now? Okay?
Speaker 12: I guess maybe just the problem is that you know we were promised to date that didn't happen, and I know it's the middle of winter and the weather's been bad. The other thing that was a little bit sketch at the beginning was when I made my first payment, I used my credit card, and then they told me that the second two payments would have to be done with Venmo or Zell and I said, no, I won't do that. The deals will be off because I've got a high credit rating and I just want to use my card. So he put me no, no.
Speaker 13: No, no.
Speaker 4: That's bad news that they wanted that. That's bad news.
Speaker 14: What are you thinking, d Why are you so scam because she won't be able to reverse any of those payment methods that she just discussed.
Speaker 4: And why do they want it?
Speaker 12: I don't know, but I told them the deal would be off unless I could use my credit card for all three payments, and they agreed that would be acceptable.
Speaker 5: Okay, so really all we need to know it right now, there are no big alarms going on or as people say, off in my.
Speaker 7: Head, they won't tell me.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but Tom, the whole thing is, every time I call them, I'll call you back.
Speaker 8: I'll call you back.
Speaker 12: We don't know where this stuff is. I'll call dispatch.
Speaker 5: And when you say call them, when you say call them, are you calling the original contact you had in the beginning?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's two different numbers that I have.
Speaker 4: One is for dispatch, but they're right from the beginning. Ever changed numbers. You never change numbers.
Speaker 12: No, No, see that in.
Speaker 5: Itself, Lisa, it doesn't sound I'm not telling you they're great. It doesn't sound like a scam or typical scam. I'm going to have Deputy D place a call right now, just right now, since he's right here, right now, let's do it.
Speaker 14: And Tom, here's what I can predict, because I've heard of a bunch of these things. Here's what's going to happen next. The truck is eventually going to show up with Lisa's stuff and the guy is going to say, oh, they didn't tell me about the stairs or the sidewalk, I need to eat more.
Speaker 4: It was it weighed way more than we thought.
Speaker 14: I know that cash now, or you're not getting your stuff back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, what.
Speaker 12: We ended up doing is we got a storage unit. I told them no, that we want it delivered to the storage unit. The other problem is is that the girl that originally signed me up the day that I gave my first deposits kept saying, well, we'll give you the first thirty days storage, first thirty days storage. I'm worried that they're going to hold my stuff hostage after this thirty days and.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, what do you mean thirty day storage?
Speaker 4: Thirty days? Did you have a storage in the beginning?
Speaker 12: No, no, no, no no. This is just something that she said which kind of put us on high alert that if you're supposed to be moving the stuff out here, we drove back out here in a car in three days.
Speaker 5: In other words, if they were supposed to move the stuff, what are they talking about. We're going to give you the first thirty days of storage of storage.
Speaker 12: Right, So I'm guessing that the stuff is still in storage back there because at one time I called, wait a.
Speaker 5: Minute, somebody, you asked them, wait a minute, Wait a minute. Lisa, when she said, hey, we're going to give you the first thirty days of storage free, did you say, why the heck are you even doing storage?
Speaker 12: I told her that. I told her that several times they do not want storage. My stuff should be out here within the timeframe.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it.
Speaker 5: Hang on, Lisa, I'm gonna have Deputy I'm gonna have Deputy D talk to you. Three oh three seven to one three talk one three eight two five five. Renew Home Innovations The most beautiful shower conversions barn On. Okay, now there are other good ones, but these.
Speaker 4: Are the most beautiful.
Speaker 5: Sheet porcelain, no maintenance, no grout lines. They have glass panels as well, and perimeter drains. They have but they can do curve rounded, half round. They're beautiful. They do them in two or three days. Listen, you have seventy two months to pay with no answers. Renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four two thousand, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Knash Home Solutions. I'm telling you they have Colorado windows made here in Colorado.
Speaker 4: Four Colorado.
Speaker 5: The exclusive dealer Alpin Windows. Check him out three oh three four two one seventy one hundred. Now wait, do I have that number right? I always get the mixed up with uh no, that's I guess. Don't make any jokes about me. Yeah it is four two one seventy one hundred.
Speaker 4: Ha ha, You're doing fine on.
Speaker 5: Your zero res Denver zero res Denver has four to seven one fifty one fifty So that's why I get those two confused. Anyway, let me let me get to uh this moving thing. Uh, we're gonna have Deputy D call and find out where her stuff is. But I want to tell people in general the bottom line, when you hire a mover, you only hire a mover to Never talk to a broker.
Speaker 4: How about that. Never If they.
Speaker 5: Don't own trucks and offices around the country or in a region, do not hire them period. You usually want them affiliated with a national moving company. The national moving companies are actually good, but they don't all have good agents, so even if they are associated with a national company doesn't make them good. I want to bring up one that I think is near perfect, Johnson Moving in Storage. They've been around for years and years and years and years and years. They're a United Van Line agent. That doesn't mean all United Van Line agents are going to be good.
Speaker 4: It's just that simple.
Speaker 5: Some companies have more than one company they are agents for.
Speaker 4: But if you are.
Speaker 5: A moving agent for a national company, you own your own trucks, release them. That's going to be the way to do it. But don't ever talk to a broker ever. Never Ever.
Speaker 4: You got to ask enough questions because they lie to you.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say something else, and I know people are going to get pissed at me.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not saying.
Speaker 5: This because I believe and people are going to accuse me of profiling. I'm not saying this to try to profile. I'm saying this based on my database. If I was to look at all of the moving problems, all of them.
Speaker 4: Where do the vast majority come out of mark Florida? Quite bo How did you know?
Speaker 11: Because I've been studying that. You've been around me long enough, studying these evil moving companies, And I'm working on top tier moving out a lake where Florida. I ripped this lady off for six thousand dollars and I can't get anywhere with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, usually it's South Florida, but it.
Speaker 4: Can be anywhere in Florida.
Speaker 5: The I would say ninety eight percent of all moving ripoffs start in Florida. Some of them are in New Jersey, some of them are in Nevada, and some of them are in California. But now I'm not saying all the other ones are safe. I'm saying the majority Florida and then Jersey, California, Nevada. I don't know after Florida how they rank. Florida is absolutely number one. Now, again, people hate when I say this, but I would say ninety eight percent of all the moving ripoffs have been Israeli people who own moving companies in Florida. There, it's a fact. I'm not saying avoid is Israeli people. I'm not saying that. I am saying ninety.
Speaker 4: Eight percent.
Speaker 5: Of all of them have been Israeli companies in Florida.
Speaker 4: They're Israeli owned companies.
Speaker 5: Now, I this was brought out to me, by the way, by one of our deputies who is Jewish, and said, I'm wonder what's going on there. It's not like I'm not telling you it's because they're Israeli. I'm telling you it's they must have their friends and say, hey, you want to get into this business with me, and then it spreads.
Speaker 4: But I swear to God.
Speaker 5: That now that doesn't mean everyone else is safe. But I would if I was starting out and wanted to avoid moving ripoffs, I would never hire a company out of Florida. Okay, that's my number one. Never number two. I would never hire a broker. Ever, when you hire a broker, you do not know who you're doing business with. You don't you do not know, No brokers, no Florida companies. Number three. You want only a nationally affiliated with a major national company. You want a major affiliated agent who owns or leases their own trucks. Okay three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. If you're looking to find out what your house is gonna Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com can tell you based on your neighborhood, the comps, the interest rates, the whole atmosphere, and he takes your house into consideration and will let you know, based on this vast experience, what it will self for, what you'll net, what you can buy. Frank arand the real Estate Man dot com complimentary three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two complementary evaluation. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help you'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 5: When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three Talks seven oh three two.
Speaker 4: Five to five.
Speaker 5: Jay has a comment on movers. Go ahead, Jay, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Good morning Tom. Here's a cool idea. I think, why not put a GPS tracker in your stuff?
Speaker 5: Oh oh, and what would that do? I mean, how would that help?
Speaker 13: Well, they always say we don't know where it is. You could say it's on I twenty five at Fort Collins, Exit four.
Speaker 1: I guess you could.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess you could, right.
Speaker 5: I mean the reason by the most of the time they say we don't know where it is is because once they hook you up, they usually move. They don't have anything to do with you move. This particular case sounds a little different to me. She's talking to the same contact she talked to from the beginning, and they don't even want.
Speaker 4: A lot of money, So I don't get it.
Speaker 13: But in general, James, I've heard on this show some many times, my stuff's missing nobody knows where it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: You know, trackers are being used for all kinds of stuff. Now, I mean really, I I mean it really is. I mean there there there are places that people are using it on luggage, by the way, all over the place. People use it on their tools. Now, how small can how small can you get them? In reality? Don't they have to be they have to be powered? I think they have to be powered, right, d Tom.
Speaker 14: A few months ago I bought one, and it's one of the big brands that you can buy.
Speaker 4: But is power.
Speaker 14: It's got a built in non replaceable battery. It's about the size of a quarter, maybe even a little smaller, and it's supposed to run for a couple of years.
Speaker 5: That's because it only gets activated when scanned.
Speaker 4: Right, No, no, no, no.
Speaker 14: It's not a GPS scanner, however, what the hells are? So it's constantly on, but it accesses cell your phones that are in the vicinity of its rain, that are within range, and those cellar of phones report the position of this little tracker to to the company that sold me the tracker, and I can go and pull up a map and see where my tracker is.
Speaker 4: Located.
Speaker 14: Now it only works because people like me installed that software in their phone and I gave it permission to also transmit information, well.
Speaker 4: You know, other trackers, so you know, it's like crowdsource. Just so you know, when you have a.
Speaker 5: Modem for cable, yeah, or for service, yeah, you give in those terms and conditions. You give permission that people can tap in not to your network at home, but to that modem to relay a signal to the next modem. So when you have Exfinity modems all over the city, they create a network for Exfinity.
Speaker 4: In fact, that's how their cell phones used to work.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they still do, but they would work off of people's modems or the motives are used to relate and relate signals.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's how these cheap little trackers work. And I think it was only like twenty or thirty five.
Speaker 4: Hey j heyah see.
Speaker 5: I hesitate to turning this up because I like you, but and I shouldn't do this at the end of an hour because I don't want to get the whole show off track. But you got to stop with these chemtrails, bro. If you truly believe that there's some giant conspiracy to see the clouds?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 4: Thank you do believe that, don't you? You do believe it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 13: You don't it much? No?
Speaker 4: Well you aren't you the one that send me the pictures?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 4: Jr? From the Road?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm sorry, Jay.
Speaker 5: I got the wrong Jay. Sorry, I'm sorry, Bro, I'm sorry. We got more coming up. Well we're not out of time yet, but I'm sorry I mistook you. You're Jay the car guy, right, the car expert.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you? Uh? And then Jr. From the Road? Who who?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm just gonna say it. He's a great guy. He's a smart guy. But when it comes to that, he's a nut guy. He's a nut guy. Another nut guy is Monty. Monty says, I'm an idiot. Monty doesn't agree with me. Monty thinks that Trump can do no right, no matter what he does, and that Biden was the best president we ever had, and America is on the right track, and that everything that Trump stands for is wrong. That's that's him in a nutshell. Yep, he's in a nutshell.
Speaker 4: And boy he can and he boy does he not? Like Mark? I bet.
Speaker 5: I mean he compares Mark to like the lowest of the lows when it comes to the intelligence scale and the and the political scale. But we've had that happen before. Three h three, he's seven to one to three. He talks our number seven, one, three through five five. Give us a hint of your follow up coming up, d as, I hear you have a great follow up.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 14: Yeah, this concerns the Waste Connections trash removal problem over at Marying.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's bring out the original problem.
Speaker 14: Well you may recalled that, yes, and then we'll give the solution after the outcot. Mary Ann called us and she lives over there at Hampton Hampton Court condos, and she said that at the beginning of the month they contracted with Waste Connections to begin service. Hoiste Connections delivered a large number of dumpsters, but unfortunately Waste Connections hasn't been picking them up and it created not only full dumpsters, but shy piles of trash in the dumpster areas.
Speaker 4: And she called us in hopes of her Yeah, they were supposed to. They had switched trash company.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they switched trash and they put the bins up but they never came and collected it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, all right, we'll talk about that coming up.
Speaker 5: I'm Troubleshooter Tom Martino Moore on The Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until your content.
Speaker 1: On top of it.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rip new need advice so you don't.
Speaker 7: Have come.
Speaker 2: Come run in just as fast as you can. Show Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 3: Six is The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino, Your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show, the only show us kind anywhere. I say it every day and I mean it where we solve problems. Answer question should taking place make your life a little easier.
Speaker 4: And today is no exception.
Speaker 5: If we can help you, we will. Deputy d has proven that. So this woman's in a condo and dozens of.
Speaker 4: Condos around her.
Speaker 5: They switch. Here's a short story. They switch trash service. The new trash service delivers containers, but nothing's been picked up for weeks. So without further ado, let's figure out what's going on.
Speaker 14: D Well Tom, So, I had a really great conversation with a gentleman here locally. He's the manager of the Denver facility, and I was referred to him by their headquarters out in Texas.
Speaker 4: And his name is.
Speaker 14: Pat and he's a super great guy. He's fantastic, good, knowledgeable, he's a stand up dude, and he stands for no bolge and the juice over there at waste management. So after I spoke with him, here's what he did. So, first of all, he set the truck out to pick up the dumpsters they got dumped. But that didn't immediately and instantly resolve the issue of all these other trash bags piled up all over the place, right because the consumers ran out of dumpster space. So I spoke with Pat a couple of times again today this morning he sent the crew over there to shovel all the leftover garbage from the ground into the dumpsters, and then he sent another truck, another garbage truckle out there to dump the dumpsters.
Speaker 4: Again. I love that.
Speaker 14: So, you know, Waste Connections, man, they really stepped up there. I've known of them for a long time. They're actually a great company. And you know, like anybody, they had some kind of a glitch in their system. Their system didn't know that the dumpsters needed to start getting picked up. But it's not the mistakes you make, It's ninety percent of it. It's how you handle them. And he handled it great, man. I mean, Pat is just a wonderful resource for us and for Waste Connections, and man, he deserves a bonus of private working spot and a promotion.
Speaker 4: As far as I went down, how did the consumer report? She was happy?
Speaker 14: Well, she had to go to work this morning. So I just talked to her a message and said.
Speaker 4: Hey, so are they there now doing all of this? They may have already done that.
Speaker 14: I mean, here we are, it's noon, right, and this was this morning. I mean, garbage companies start work very early. So if I remember right, he's dispatched the crew out there probably around nine o'clock or so. And there are either four or eight dumpster enclosures around this pretty large condo complex. They're going to clean up all of them. They're not charging for the cleanup, of course, because it's their fault. They're not charging for the extra lift because that's also their fault. And pat at Waste Connections did verify that. Hey, the computer has been programmed correctly. Now they're going to get their pickups as requested.
Speaker 4: Now I want, I mean, hold on, guess what I get to use? No, guess what I get to play with? Come on, are you there, Shannon? You want to hear it? Ready? I finally go it working?
Speaker 7: Mark?
Speaker 4: Do you remember it's Dragon?
Speaker 5: Oh it's I thought now somebody told us we were going to have Shannon all the time, which did not make me particularly happy.
Speaker 4: But what happened? I thought, he goes since been recent? Oh so now it changed again.
Speaker 6: Now it's Dragon all the time.
Speaker 4: No, it isn't. We would never be blessed like that.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dragon, I thought you were going over to Fox at these times?
Speaker 4: Who told you that?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: You're here.
Speaker 5: Somebody said, we're gonna have Shannon from now on from ten to two.
Speaker 4: So what's the deal. Are we always going to have you noon to two? It should be all his normal I don't. I don't know what's going on. Who the other thing?
Speaker 5: Well, then they were lying to me, they were, they were, they were trumping me.
Speaker 4: Kelly was just ill last week.
Speaker 5: So Shannon whistling it? Okay, any chance, uh Kachina's going to Fox.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding three h three much.
Speaker 5: So listen, I'm getting a newsletter here from my athletic club, and I'm trying to figure out what it means and why I'm getting it.
Speaker 4: Actually, they said they wrote to everyone m.
Speaker 5: But here's what I want to know, basically, why they didn't address the main issue. Not the main issue. I'm so anyway, this is Lifetime. I'm just going to say like it is. I love Lifetime. They're great. It's a great run facility, and they have locations all over. No, I don't get it free from mentioning it, but it says we're committed to providing exceptional environments programs, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: With this in mind, we wanted to.
Speaker 5: Transparency to share the items and reinforce these things. Apparently they must be having trouble because they want to reinforce these things.
Speaker 4: Here's what you can't do.
Speaker 5: Disrespectful remarks toward other members of the staff, or disparaging personal exussee me, or disregarding personal space boundaries.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Unauthorized use of club technology? What does that mean? I'm not reserved for staff taking photos or videos with other members in the background. They should not be seen, not presenting a valid membership recard upon registered, entering poor sportsmanship like arguing, or displays of inappropriate behavior language during pick a ball, occupying fitness equipment.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh my god, they did address it.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't see until now occupying fitness equipment while not actively exercising, including extended phone use between sets.
Speaker 4: Thank you Jesus. I was waiting for that.
Speaker 5: I Oh, I can't tell you how that pisses me off. These guys are on the fitness Oh, they're chuckling, and they have their EarPods in.
Speaker 4: They're listening to somebody EI, they're watching.
Speaker 5: A video or TikTok, or they're texting someone. And I'm sitting there waiting six minutes. I finally went up to the dude and said, listen, while you're on your cell phone, what do you say you sit on the bench and I can work out here. Excuse me, I have one more set.
Speaker 4: And I said, then get to it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm serious, I'm just tired of it. It's total in consideration, I did not see that one.
Speaker 4: They should have put that first and read and read copy. Okay.
Speaker 5: Not cleaning or replacing equipment following its use, like re racking weights and all that dropping.
Speaker 4: Or slamming weights. Another one is.
Speaker 5: A big workout bags on the floor of the gym, you bring them to the locker room, right, Junior members under twelve, not supervised. Lap pool lanes being occupied, but people aren't swimming. What are they doing anyway, Entering a class without advanced registration, wearing outside shoes in sauna, steam and massage places. Not wearing shoes or a shirt.
Speaker 4: Outside of the locker room.
Speaker 5: So they don't so you when you're outside that locker room, you got to be covered up. They don't want you walking around shirtless.
Speaker 4: These guys.
Speaker 5: Basketball tom but they don't do it.
Speaker 4: They're not allowed.
Speaker 5: You're not allowed to just take your shirt off at the gym unless you're out at the pool, and God forbid you would ever do it.
Speaker 4: Using chalk on the FI witness floor. Now.
Speaker 5: The only time they use chalk is when these old farts, you know, pass out from.
Speaker 4: Working out and they know they're not going to get up. They use the.
Speaker 14: Chalk as a body outline, like the body.
Speaker 5: Outline right, No smoking or vaping. Well, I never saw that. Unauthorized parking in reserve spaces. Now inside the locker room, not wearing appropriate attire, walking around exposed scratching balls.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't say that, but that's what they mean.
Speaker 5: Bending over within four inches of someone's face.
Speaker 4: I've had that happen. It's like, come on, man, what are you kidding me? But four and a half inches is any better? Tampering with sensors? What on? Oh? Wait on what?
Speaker 5: Placing towels on sensors, Pouring liquid over hot coals, drawing personal clothes in the saun or steam room.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, can you.
Speaker 5: Imagine using that to dry cl washing underwaying in the sauna, steam or hot tubs, using the family locker room when when not with junior members?
Speaker 4: Oh I know, someone guilty of that.
Speaker 5: They want to have that private shower and all the private everything.
Speaker 4: Bringing glass onto the pool deck. That could be uh, that could be dangerous.
Speaker 5: Not placing towels in the collection bins when you're done with them. Engaging in loud disruptive behavior. This would be mark. Hey, hey, I resemble that, yes see? And uh, misuse of massage chairs what does that mean?
Speaker 4: What? Wait a minute, Oh okay, let's hear your theory on this one. I don't know. I have a dirty mind.
Speaker 5: Misuse of massage chairs. That's not me doing those sound effects. That's dirty dragon anyway. Not allowing children under twelve in the whirlpools.
Speaker 4: Okay, I love this. I love it.
Speaker 5: Thank you for addressing these issues. I absolutely love it.
Speaker 14: I'm just going to reach a four inch boundary needs to be expanded.
Speaker 4: What four inch boundary?
Speaker 14: Well, this is no bending over within four inches of sign.
Speaker 4: Made that up? Oh oh my god, I made that hole.
Speaker 14: You made it up and you only went with four inches?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I made it forty inches a minimum. I made it up. Anyway, what's ever on your mind? We want to help you.
Speaker 5: And we got a text here regarding movers. Tom I got I got into that. They said the move was going to be three thousand dollars. I put one thousand dollars down. When the guy came to pick it up, he said they misquoted and they knew I needed to get out of there that day, so they said they need another thousand dollars right then. Okay, so now that's two thousand he paid. The whole move is supposed to be three thousand, but they said the move was going to be more. But he thought he paid the extra or she I don't know if it's here. She by paying that extra thousand. Then when they got to the location, the one delivering it says it's going to be eight thousand dollars. It weighed more than expected, so she paid two. So far she has to pay eight to get her stuff.
Speaker 4: That's ten grand.
Speaker 5: We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three A two five five Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martinez here at three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I have a text here about trash containers in general. When they put a trash container at a condo and it has a cover on it, does that cover? I don't know why people are asking this. Does it have to stay closed? Because ours ends up overflowing all the time. I mean, I don't think there's a real rule, is there, Dimitri? I mean on that, I mean, by logic, you would think the covers there to be covered, right, I.
Speaker 14: Mean yeah, if he's talking about the hinged lid on a dump you should keep it covered, SOT for two reasons. One is we'll keep the wind from blowing your garbage you all over the property. And it also helps keep animals from getting into your garbage and dragging it out of the dumpster.
Speaker 5: All right, But I mean, I mean, if you're going to complain about this person.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's he or shie. But if you're gonna complain about this.
Speaker 14: And if the dumpster is overflowing, that just means you didn't order enough service frequency.
Speaker 5: Is there a frequency you can order that's just when it needs it?
Speaker 4: Is there such a thing?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's not practical though. It's extremely expensive. So a typical dumpster pre scheduled might run you thirty forty fifty dollars per dump but on call service will run you.
Speaker 4: Well over one hundred dollars. Hey, Mark, I never asked this. What do you do for trash service out there?
Speaker 6: We've gone through three different ones. The current one we have is really good.
Speaker 4: But do you have a dumpster? Oh?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, we have two fifty gallon or whatever you call them. One of the companies that they actually do, they actually do curb service out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we got curb.
Speaker 6: But interestingly enough, I sued our trash company from my guy two or three years ago, and part of the lawsuit I wanted to keep their trash cans, so I don't even pay for the trash cans. I use the old companies because they gave them to me.
Speaker 15: To settle the lawsuit. Oh my god, I know, it's crazy. I used to have in Franktown.
Speaker 5: I used to have a dumpster and they would come and just do the dumpster and we would put everything in the dumpster down near the barn.
Speaker 4: Oh, that sounds like that would be a pain in the ass. Honestly, Well, it's.
Speaker 5: Kind of, but we had so much trash compared to a normal household at the time. But that's what we would do, so I would I would throw it in the pick up, run down and jump it into the dumpster and then the dumpster would be dumped. I don't know, I think it was so big. It was once a month, maybe once every three weeks whatever.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's really common in rural areas, kind of like that Sedalia, Franktown, Elizabeth area. You'll see a lot of people have dumpsters their residential properties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you hide and we hit it behind the barn and it was it was you know, it's really a cool, like, you know, cool way to do it. And it wasn't that expensive actually at all. Now what Mark said is true. It's a little more of a pain in the ass because you're moved, you know, you're putting stuff in the in the pickup and then running it down to the barn which is like a thousand foot runway or something three oh three seven one three eight two five five. And we have someone who said they don't want to go on the air, but they do want to know about this.
Speaker 4: They want to know.
Speaker 5: It's as normal when you do a new furnace, do they have to punch in that My I had an old furnace and putting in a new one, and they said they had to punch a hole in the side put a fluid for fresh air intake. Now I have an open flu to my furnace room and it's cold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do have to do that.
Speaker 5: If you go to a certain efficiency and you're upgrading, you have to have fresh air. So in a furnace, it's fresh air return I excuse me, not return fresh air, combustion air. So it's what your furnace uses to breathe rather than taking from the inside of the house. Now, the thing is they want you to have fresh air coming in, and that fresh air usually comes in, goes down and sits at.
Speaker 4: The side of the bottom of your furnace.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, then you also need and I think everyone knows this. Adequate return air. One of the biggest faults in home HVAC systems, the one that cuts down efficiency the most, is.
Speaker 4: Not enough return air.
Speaker 5: You have a lot of ducks feeding out, But think about this, if you have a lot of duct work and a lot of registers feeding out into the home.
Speaker 4: If you don't don't have a balanced.
Speaker 5: Return air system, your system is being choked down the same as if it had a lot of return air but not a lot of vents or registers, you know, or ductwork. So think about your furnace as a breathing machine.
Speaker 4: It takes outside air.
Speaker 5: And it turns it into you know, and that's what's you used to make the fire, the flame and to combust. Then that's fed out the flu. So that's a closed system. You take outside air and it goes out the flu. Okay, that has nothing to do with the heated air in your house. Now, the heated air in your house goes out through the ductwork into your home and back through the return like a big circle, right, But if that circle is is.
Speaker 4: Choked at any point, it cuts.
Speaker 5: Down the efficiency of your furnace can be up to fifty percent. There was a company years ago that promise to increase the efficiency of most furnaces, and they charge a flat rate, and they said they'll do an estimate first. To excuse me, they'll do an examination to see if you need their service. They were simply doing, and they were amazingly popular. They were simply going out to homes to see if they had enough return air and that alone.
Speaker 4: Helped sometimes.
Speaker 5: Fifty more efficiency or or more effectiveness, not necessarily efficiency, but effectiveness in getting all of that return air where it should be. So that is a pretty cool thing, is checking that you have complete circulation. Sometimes you don't even need a new furnace and you're wondering, why are the register not pushing out enough?
Speaker 4: Well, if you have an.
Speaker 5: Air tight house or close to airtight and you don't have enough return air, you're gonna get choked down with air movement being thwarted.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: We got more coming on three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance, paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, Cherry, what's going on with your son's employer?
Speaker 4: Hi, Jerry.
Speaker 8: Well, he's harassing, he's bowling, he's he's not following his contract at all, his Breech contract.
Speaker 4: And he tells me, let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: How long has your son been How long has your son been working there?
Speaker 8: How long has he been working for a couple of years at least longer than that.
Speaker 4: And what does he do? What kind of job is it?
Speaker 8: He is an armed security guard?
Speaker 5: Okay, And you said that his employer is doing things wrong.
Speaker 4: List him for me.
Speaker 8: Well, one thing, he's his contract is for Colorado Springs, and he keeps and he's licensed for Colorado Springs. H he keeps sending him to Denver to work in Denver site. He is not licensed in Denver. He's his contract says he's going to be strictly in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 5: When you say his contract, Jerry, Jerry, do you mean your son's contract with his employer or the employer's contract with the client.
Speaker 8: No, it's it's Stephen's contract with the owner of the business.
Speaker 4: Okay. And so why doesn't Stephen quit?
Speaker 8: Well, he has tried.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying I'm not saying that's the only solution. I'm just asking why doesn't he look for a better job somewhere he has?
Speaker 8: And when he does, then this boss comes along and black ballsam and tells these people craziness, and then so he loses the opportunity.
Speaker 4: And he's really.
Speaker 5: Like, what what does the does your well that that's against the rules, Jerry, is your son? Does your son have evidence that he's been blackballed?
Speaker 8: Yes, he said, if he needed to, he could end up in court with him with the information that he's been keeping. Well, when somebody offers him a job, then he goes ahead, and then they'll come back and say, oh, well, we've talked to your previous employer and he's telling us this is and this, so we can't hire you.
Speaker 4: So it's oh, wow, is that's wrong?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: It is that is good. Yeah, so your son's been there two years.
Speaker 8: Right, at least at least I can't remember exactly what did.
Speaker 4: He do before? What did he do before that?
Speaker 8: Jerry, he was working well armed security guard for a different company that is no longer okay, in business.
Speaker 5: So I'm curious when has your son ever thought about going into the police. Has your son ever thought about going into the police academy?
Speaker 8: He has, but they need a college and he hasn't been to college. He hasn't. He's just got a high school.
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't realize college education. Where's a prerequisite for the police academy?
Speaker 11: That's your son should definitely go to Aurora and Denver's desperate for police recruits and you only need high school education. That's a great career. Aurora, Denver, Denver and Aurora. I just that their stuff the other day. They're desperate for people to fill their academy and you only need high school or a deed. I get out of that.
Speaker 4: And not only that, how old is your How old is your son?
Speaker 8: They will be forty in December?
Speaker 4: All right? What were you gonna say?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 14: Not only do most police departments do not require degree, there are community colleges, like what's the big one over there in Santa Fe. You can actually major, you can actually major in police academy over there. They even have mock up police cars. They drive all over the parking lot and do that kind of stuff. And uh, that's that's a really good option. If he can't get hired directly, he can fund his own police academy at a Rapo community college.
Speaker 8: Okay, he's got at this place where he understand.
Speaker 5: But but the the issue at hand is this, Jerry, I think what you're asking us is is there anything you can do about it?
Speaker 4: Well, if he has an employment contract.
Speaker 5: If he has an employment contract, I mean, did he ever bring up to the boss you're violating the contract?
Speaker 8: Oh yes, oh yes, And he says, well, it says what I wanted to say, So in other words, I can change it by the way I wanted to say.
Speaker 5: Well, he kind of can, but he can't. Let's just be logical, Jerry. Let's say your son sued this guy for breach of contract. Because when you have a contract, there is something called breach of contract when they're not honoring it.
Speaker 4: What would your son in order to have any.
Speaker 5: Effective lawsuit for a breach, you have to have losses. So I'm just playing a game here, like a logic game here or a scenario game. What would your son's losses be as a result of this breach?
Speaker 4: What did your son lose?
Speaker 8: I'm not sure exactly how to answer that he would be able to get a decent job somewhere else for one.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on, hoh wait, wait wait, Jerry, hold on, hold on, you bring up a good point. So what you're saying is this, if he wasn't employed here, he'd be able to get better job somewhere else. So are you saying he would have to sue him in order to find a better job somewhere else?
Speaker 4: Probably? So why is that? Tell me? I never heard of a job like that.
Speaker 5: So you're saying to me, Jerry, that your son Steven cannot go out and find a better job without suing his current employer.
Speaker 8: Well, he could, but then he would be blackballed.
Speaker 5: Oh that's the part you're saying.
Speaker 4: In other words, in order to.
Speaker 5: Stop that, he would have to leave the guy and threaten to sue him or sue him to keep him from doing false reports. Why does why is this employer such a jerk?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: That's a good question. When he first went.
Speaker 5: To work, does the employer have other Does the employer have other people.
Speaker 4: On the payroll?
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, there are several officers.
Speaker 4: And are they in agreement with your son?
Speaker 8: Some are, some aren't. And they're all scared to death of this guy.
Speaker 4: Why are they scared?
Speaker 8: Well, he thinks he's got powers to do all sorts of things, keep them from finding another job, blackballing them with other companies. Yeah, he changes schedules midshift. He'll call him while he's on work. I've changed your schedule. You're going to work until this or you need to go over to this other site, and he and threatens him. If you don't, you're fired. And he has him working anywhere from twelve to eighteen hours a day time.
Speaker 14: I got a way to short circuit this whole problem, Jerry. I think there are two things I'd like to tell you. One is, as you already know, your son needs to get out of there. But your son has a much bigger problem that I didn't hear you or anyone else raised during this conversation. If he's working as armed security in Denver without a license in Denver, he's going to get busted with very serious criminal charges. It might even be a felony, So he needs to stop doing that. However, if he has a record. So the final thing I'll say is, I think he has a bargaining chip here with this crummy boss, which is to threaten to go to the Denver City government and turn in his crummy boss for sending unlicensed armed security guards into the city of Denver.
Speaker 4: And your son can offer.
Speaker 14: His boss this option if you blackball me again. Here's the phone number I'm gonna call, and here's the affidavit I'm gonna file with the City of Denver. So I better not get another back, you know, black mark on my record from you. And then he needs to quit and walk out.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, but God.
Speaker 14: Forbid he gets busted in Denver without a license, there goes his long career.
Speaker 7: He'll do concerned, And so I would.
Speaker 14: Use this bargains as a bargaining chip with his boss.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he sends him up there every Sunday. He's up there every Sunday.
Speaker 14: If that was me, I would quit today and send this email to the boss. Definitely, I wouldn't have that conversation in person with a dangerous man but I would do it on a recorded phone call or via email and promise to turn him in if there's one more black mark on his reference record.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a good that's some good advice. But but suing is never gonna work. It's going to be too expensive. Now, he might have an attorney write a letter saying, you know, as my client tries to find a job, if you blackball him, we're going to sue you for whatever.
Speaker 4: But and that might do it. I don't know how.
Speaker 5: I don't know how big of a jerk this guy is or whatever. And I'm surprised that the employers, the employees.
Speaker 4: All take it.
Speaker 5: If I was him, I would definitely get another job, though I would.
Speaker 4: You're never going to make this guy do the right thing. How much does he make a year?
Speaker 8: Well, it's about thirty six dollars a month?
Speaker 5: You mean net or gross? Is that after taxes and everything?
Speaker 13: After tax?
Speaker 7: Yes, after taxing, so.
Speaker 5: He makes about sixty rand probably, yeah, sixty sixty five.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do police officers start at? Do we know, Tom? Do we know?
Speaker 8: You have no idea? Yeah, Jerry, I don't have any idea, Jerry.
Speaker 4: If this is bo if your son just goes over.
Speaker 11: And signs up for the Denver Police Academy just to go to the academy. Denver's paying thirty three dollars an hour to go to the academy. Back in the day, you had to donate your own time, which is around now.
Speaker 4: Not only that, but here's the police.
Speaker 5: The police academy is not going to ask the former employer think what they think of him.
Speaker 4: I don't think so because they're desperate for officers.
Speaker 5: And I think no, no, no, not because they're desperate.
Speaker 4: Not because they're desperate. They'll do their own background check.
Speaker 5: They don't care about what somebody says about him.
Speaker 4: That's what I would do.
Speaker 8: He doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink, he's got his little daughter.
Speaker 5: Well, what fun is he? He doesn't sound like any fun, Jerry.
Speaker 14: That's another reason not to show up in Denver with a gun without a license.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, listen, Jerry, just really try try the police academy.
Speaker 4: Let us know how it works out.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Brant, you're up next right after this about capital gains taxes. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Brent has a question on Capital Games. Go ahead, Brent, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hi, com, I just sold a house and oh can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yes? I can?
Speaker 7: Okay, I just sold a house and uh, just I'm not going to be putting the money from the house into another property for a couple of years. And I'm just kind of curious on you.
Speaker 4: Know that, how much did you hold on?
Speaker 5: If you if you take your basis that's the price of the house you paid and any permanent improvements, what does it add up to your basis?
Speaker 7: So does it? Because I had an all in one loan on the house also which I bought some property on this It doesn't matter what the loan is.
Speaker 5: I need to know if you take the raw purchase price and all of the permanent improvements.
Speaker 4: Roughly, what is your basis?
Speaker 7: When you say basis, I mean how much am I gonna?
Speaker 5: Okay, let's say let's say you bought the house for five hundred thousand, and let's say you put one hundred thousand into improvements like carpeting and windows and other stuff. That would be a six hundred thousand dollars basis.
Speaker 4: What would your basis be in this house.
Speaker 7: Approximately about three hundred and ten thousand, And what.
Speaker 4: Did you say?
Speaker 5: Sell it for seven sixty five? Are you married filing jointly?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: And do you both have that as your primary residence?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Then you have no tax to pay. Ever, you don't have to do anything with the money. I can fill in the details right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen T twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped up new It needed that so you don't have to.
Speaker 7: Run.
Speaker 1: Just as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino. Hey, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: You're troubleshooter at three all three seven one three Talker is the number. We are talking about problems, question complaints, making.
Speaker 4: Your life a little easier, and we will do it. You call, we help and we try to help a lot. Now.
Speaker 5: Brent said, hey, man, I bought my house, put some improvements into it. I got a basis of about three hundred and ten grand I sold it for around seven ten. I'm gonna have four hundred thousand dollars and I'm not gonna reinvest it in another house.
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 5: What do I do about the taxes, to which I told him, if you're married, filing jointly, it's your home, both of your home or one declares that one. What I'm saying is a married couple can use their primary residence for a one time.
Speaker 4: No, it's not even a one time.
Speaker 5: It's an exclusion of five hundred thousand dollars in capital gains on primary residences once every two years. So you got to live in it in two of the past five years. That's all that's required. If you lived in that house for two of the past five years, you get to sell it and make as much money as you want up well, but you get a five hundred.
Speaker 4: Thousand dollars exclusion.
Speaker 5: So if you had six hundred thousand in gain, you would only pay on one hundred thousand taxes.
Speaker 4: Got that?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you there print yep?
Speaker 7: I'm here, good till all right. So when you have to when you do your taxes, do you have to, like, I guess, justify everything that you put into it. I lived in it for sixteen years and did a ton of work to it. You have to like have receiveds like that just for tax purposes. I don't think you have to show the improvements.
Speaker 1: I don't need you. I don't know anything.
Speaker 4: I don't I'm not sure actually I'm not.
Speaker 5: Actually yeah, hello, hello, yeah, okay, I'm here, I'm here.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I pressed the button. My mistake. I'm not sure. The answer is if you do an informational return on that?
Speaker 5: Let me check, Mark. Do you know do you have to file anything when you sell a house?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I mean, my accountant would handle that, but I don't think so. Man, I don't think so either.
Speaker 5: But maybe they did, because when I sold my condo and I did make more than five hundred, I did have to pay a tax, and he did have to do a return. But in order to figure out if I had a tax, he had to do the return. So actually we'll find out for you.
Speaker 7: Okay, so it does all. Okay, the quick question, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: But do you have a do you have any?
Speaker 6: I think once again, that's all gonna be your accountant. I don't think like the closing company sends anything to the irs for example.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I don't think so either, Mark.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying, is it required that you do an informational return on the sale?
Speaker 4: I you know what? Why don't we just ask Eric? He'll know. Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 5: So let's just call Atlas CPS and find out it says here, though my boyfriend said that on a primary residence you may you not have to do it depending on your gain.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what it says.
Speaker 5: If you anticipate a gain, you have to file the form.
Speaker 4: That's that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yes, so you really your accountant would know. You would know roughly, Hey, am I going to go over this or not? It is don't being audited, and.
Speaker 6: This isn't necessarily for this caller, but people listening remember anything you put in to like like a new furnace, a new roof. Anything you put in should add to your basis. So even if you're pretty close, if you think of all the money you put in, you're probably not there.
Speaker 4: And a lot of.
Speaker 5: People fudge that because they don't ask for proof.
Speaker 4: If you're audited, you'd have to show proof.
Speaker 5: But if you say, I put three hundred thousand of improvements into a home.
Speaker 4: Now, by the way, I'm not winky winky.
Speaker 5: Suggesting you do this, but if you ever did that, they don't ask for receipts unless you're audited, then you would able to show it.
Speaker 6: The big one now, I mean a roof of course is a big one. But think about a new furnace. You put a new furnace in ac in my god, that's like twenty grand nowadays.
Speaker 4: Just make sure to add that to the basis. Now, I got a try be a question for you.
Speaker 5: Let's say the roof costs you one hundred thousand dollars, but it didn't cost you one hundred thousand because insurance paid. Would it get added to your basis?
Speaker 6: Some of it would like the deductible basically what any cost that you had outside of insurance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you paid for the insurance, I don't Hey, I agree, Listen, man, Technically I think I'm right, meaning if insurance pays for it, I don't think you're supposed to add it.
Speaker 6: But honestly, I bet a lot of people fudge it. Hmm, Well what do you think? Okay, I'm as do you think?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think it would not be because I think they always say substance overform, meaning whatever happened.
Speaker 4: Here's what it says under the IRS dot.
Speaker 5: Of if insurance paid for the roof, it does not get it does not I'm paraphrasing, it does not increase your basis. Capital improvements are money are things you paid for? Acquisitions selling cost, you have to add back in depreciation. No, you don't add back in I'm sorry you have. If you depreciated any part of your house for home office, that counts against you because it comes off if you paid out of pocket.
Speaker 4: For the roof. So Mark, what you said is right.
Speaker 5: You're deductible anything you paid would be, but not anything that's reimbursed to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that makes sense, but once again that's kind of a you know, I bet a lot of people fudge that. But if you get an upgrade, go to like a roof that costs more expensive, you could definitely write out the difference or write off.
Speaker 5: Now speaking of ABS, no one was speaking of ABS, but I wanted to bring something up.
Speaker 4: This happened to come through an.
Speaker 5: Email about a machine and they want to know if it's real. And then Deputy d happened to say, by the way, I know someone who has this machine in our clinic and it for sure works. And I've always been skeptical. Again, some that work in some that don't. All that work, all that don't. Have you heard now, I'm not going to give the name of the machine, but this particular machine is hundreds of thousands, but there are variations down to around the two grand, and then of course there are just cheap knockoff belts that This is not a belt. Now, I'm talking about a machine that twitches your muscles in your abs and in your abductor not your abductors, your abs and your obliques, sometimes your buttocks, and it claims it stimulates the muscle exactly like if you were doing core exercises, exactly like it, so you can literally get the equivalent of a thousand push ups by one session.
Speaker 4: Do you believe it? What do you think?
Speaker 9: I think that's been debunked down times, Tom.
Speaker 5: Now I know the belts have, Doc, these stupid little vibrating belts, okay, and then the the other things that you've seen like that, you know, the vibrating belts, and but that's all I'm gonna call them, bribe vibrating belts or pads. This is not what I'm talking about, Doc.
Speaker 9: I'm talking about a machine the electrical stimulation, you know what, Tom?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's not just like not like a tends. I mean, it's way more intense.
Speaker 9: Again okay, okay, I'll look it up and they find some soarch on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Try now, I don't know if they've done clinical trials actually.
Speaker 4: But they claim that they literally.
Speaker 5: Will burn fat, stimulate muscle, and can give you a six pack for God's sakes. Now, I mean to me, if that truly works, that's pretty damn cool if it actually works. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five What do you think I want to know? Coming up on the Troubleshooter show Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So I was doing some research on this M sculpt machine and others as in general M sculpt body sculpting.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Some of them are called the ms.
Speaker 5: And they're saying that there are some clinical studies that show modest improvements reduction of fat by two millimeters or three millimeters, an increase of muscle of two millimeters thickness, and they're actual clinical trials, but they said that when combined with cryo therapy, they've had better results. The thing is, can anything really take the place of exercise? If you think about the technology. When you do an ab crunch, sit up, or any kind of AB, any kind of an ab muscle workout, you're engaging the muscle.
Speaker 4: So when you engage the muscle, it tightens up.
Speaker 5: Then you loosen the muscle, tighten up, loosen, tighten up, loosen right, sit ups, crunches, whatever. So if you do that electrically, why wouldn't that Why wouldn't that have the same exact effect if you artificially tighten up that muscle, hold it, and then release it. Doesn't it seem logical to you that it would still exercise that muscle or not. I know, it sounds too good to be true, and a lot of people are. You know, that's what America is about looking for shortcuts.
Speaker 4: But it seems to.
Speaker 5: Me that that type of thing can actually.
Speaker 4: Work.
Speaker 5: Again, it's hard to find anything solid and when. And here's something about the FDA that you really need to know.
Speaker 4: So many say.
Speaker 5: FDA cleared or FDA approved, but you have to look closer.
Speaker 4: There's an FDA approval.
Speaker 5: For a particular purpose, and then there's an FDA approval meaning.
Speaker 4: It won't probably kill you. Two different ones.
Speaker 5: One is called GRASS for short, generally recognized as safe. That's a GRASS approofal. So it's not saying it's going to work. It's saying it's generally recognized as safe, but beware of the other approval because it can also be misleading. Fit for a particular purpose. Well, what if you wanted approval for this saying it engages.
Speaker 4: Abdominal muscles, That would be one hundred percent true.
Speaker 5: So you could actually have an FDA approval and this machine would be found effective for engaging abdominal muscles. It would not necessarily build those muscles, strengthen those muscles, or do any other part of that, but it would be effective in.
Speaker 4: Engaging the muscle.
Speaker 5: So, for some reason you needed to engage that muscle, this machine will engage that muscle. But what's the end result of engaging that muscle. Is it a firmer muscle, a bigger muscle, a sculpted muscle. That's where you get into the real FDA approvals where it is found to be.
Speaker 4: What effective.
Speaker 5: Effective for blank blank blank, Like blood pressure medicine effective for the reduction of blood pressure. That's pretty clear, right. Generally approved is safe would be aspirin. Effective would be telemisartan or whatever. It would be a blood pressure medicine. And what about though the difference a big difference. So when you're shopping, be really really careful, but do they work? I would love to hear. I, by the way, like anecdotal evidence. Anecdotal meaning it comes from the user, because even though clinical trials might say one thing or another, or the FDA might be skeptical about something, if people that you believe and can trust actually say it works to me, that's important.
Speaker 4: If enough people say that.
Speaker 5: What you have to be careful of with anecdotal evidence.
Speaker 4: There are a few things you need to be clear of.
Speaker 5: And Mark and I ran into this anecdotal evidence. You have to be skeptical if the subject given giving the evidence or the anecdotal experience.
Speaker 4: Wants to please the provider.
Speaker 5: That can happen for some reason or another. They want to please the provider. That's dangerous and that happens, and how do you do that? Providers can have an undue influence on them. Mark and I one time saw a guy he claimed on the radio he could cure pain in less than what three minutes?
Speaker 6: Mark, Yeah, it was so ridiculous. Yeah, we brought him into the.
Speaker 5: Studio, right, that's right, we did because he was he was absolutely adamant, and he said he had all of the anecdotal proof.
Speaker 4: Who would say, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So we brought someone in that did not know him, an older woman in her eighties with a shoulder problem, and as she took that, he took that woman in another room and I observed, but I noticed what he was doing. Now, I don't even think he was doing this consciously. I don't think this guy was a scammer. He wasn't making any money off of this. He just claimed to have this breakthrough technology where he would do some kind of movements and everything and then say, okay, now you're out of pain or whatever.
Speaker 4: I forget exactly.
Speaker 5: There were certain things he would do, and it took about three minutes or less, and then he'd ask the person.
Speaker 4: Are you Are you any longer in that pain? Now?
Speaker 5: This woman was about to say no, and I said to her, and I watched the process, and what he was doing is ingratiating or he was in a way love bombing this woman. I don't mean romantically. He was planting seeds of I really want to help you. This is really going to help you. Please let me know I'm effective, because this is my mission in life to help people.
Speaker 4: So this woman was.
Speaker 5: Actually wanting him to be happy with his procedures, even though because she figured, you know what, in the long run, what.
Speaker 4: Is it going to hurt me?
Speaker 5: If I tell him I'm feeling good, it'll make him feel good. So she was actually looking to please the provider. This is very dangerous in anecdotal medicine, very dangerous.
Speaker 4: Or anecdotal evidence.
Speaker 5: So I then quizzed her and I said, let me see her shoulder, and I proceeded to yank the help. No, I did I know, So I said, let me see, now where was the pain? Now you're telling me there's no more pain. When he left the room, he goes, well, yes, it still hurts. I said, well, doesn't hurt as much? He goes, I'm not sure, Dear. The truth is it was still hurting her, and he did nothing, and we went over it with other people who walked in, and he could not produce results.
Speaker 4: One time when I told him.
Speaker 5: To engage in conversation about your life and your mission, just stick to the procedure, did you find were you fascinating.
Speaker 4: Mark at that whole procedure? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think the only part I differ from you is I think the guy knew he was a I don't want to say a scammer, but he knew. We can't just go out and heal people. That's insane anyway.
Speaker 5: That happens with faith healing too, by the way, people want to really impress their fellow their fellow believers, or.
Speaker 4: The one given giving the healing. Oh way are you say, and you don't believe in any form of faith healing?
Speaker 5: Ever, I'm saying it's way more rare than I think. When it does work, it's the person doing it for themselves. Now they might use the power of God inside them and all that. I'm not going to ever dispute someone's belief, but I don't think it's the practitioner at all.
Speaker 4: Huh, interesting, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's the Practitioneruse I.
Speaker 4: Think there's some power in a lot of prayer. I don't e've got that's biblical call. I mean, I, okay, go.
Speaker 6: Ahead, what if you if you got if you got a million people all thinking the same thoughts, good wishes, prayers for a certain individual, or even uh anything, I mean, I would think there's got to be some pality say prayer.
Speaker 5: I didn't say prayer. I didn't say prayer doesn't work. I was talking about healing faith healing, and I didn't say that didn't work either. I said it's the person doing it. But I don't know about what you're asking about. Prayer is a whole different topic. That's that's harnessing of energy. Yeah, I do believe that works. I believe it works for sure. But here's what I here's what I don't believe. I mean, it's weird and this is only what I believe. Whatever other people believe, more power to you. I will never criticize what you believe. I mean, if you try to sell it or something, I might have something.
Speaker 4: To say about it. At the effectiveness.
Speaker 5: But bottom line is when you do the prayer thing, Let's say you pray for someone to be saved, or you pray for someone to change their ways, or someone to come to.
Speaker 4: The realization of this or that.
Speaker 5: See if that person doesn't want to change, or if that person doesn't want to by praying for them without them knowing it, in my opinion, that prayer is going to fall on empty ears. I mean, if that person across the room doesn't know I'm praying for them.
Speaker 4: To do something, how is that?
Speaker 5: How are they ever going to harness any energy to change.
Speaker 4: Especially if they're drug addicts or.
Speaker 5: They're stealing and lying and cheating or violent. Can praying for them, you know? I mean, you might pray for mercy and say, you know, I don't know, but I don't see how that third party kind of prayer works. Now that person prays, help me change, help me get off drugs, help me be.
Speaker 4: Less violent, that's a whole different story.
Speaker 5: That's just my own personal belief, by the way, and I and again, I don't want to disrespect anyone's belief. On that bill, what's happening Bill Well?
Speaker 16: Tom Good?
Speaker 17: Question on some money, Yes, what's going on on your uninsured or underinsured motors coverage?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Now, is that required on every vehicle?
Speaker 5: It's not required at all on any It's not required on any vehicle.
Speaker 4: Hang on, I want to talk.
Speaker 5: About that because this is a very important question you bring up three three seven one.
Speaker 4: Three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, night, Tom Martine, your troubleshooter. So Bill want to know about car insurance, and he said, is uninsured underinsured required?
Speaker 4: By the way, It's the one policy. Add on, it's called uninsured underinsured motorists u m UI. What does it mean?
Speaker 5: Unassured and uninsured motorists? Meaning it means that if you are hit by someone who is under insured or uninsured, your pain and suffering claims only.
Speaker 4: Will be paid for if you're successful.
Speaker 5: You still have to ask for them and prove them, and a good attorney.
Speaker 4: Can do that.
Speaker 5: It says if you placed insurance on the deadbeat and you're going after the dead beat for damages, it's exactly like that, but instead of the dead beat paying for it or the dead beat's non existent insurance, your insurance is stepping in and helping the dead beat pay you.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it makes sense. The real question is I have multiple vehicles and uh, yes, my agent had said I only need to carry that on one of my vehicles, and it's true.
Speaker 4: Actually, I don't know that. I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 5: Actually, let's ask let's ask Brian Burns real quick, see if you get Brian on. Hold on, Bill, Let's let's see if we can get Brian Burns on just for that quick question.
Speaker 4: I mean that might be so I don't really know. I don't really know.
Speaker 5: So hold on, Dustin, you have a question on trash services in four Collins.
Speaker 18: Go ahead, Dustin, Yeah, yeah, so I don't know if you guys are aware, but a lot of cities are moving towards a single provider for trash removal.
Speaker 4: For Collins, that's right to do that.
Speaker 18: I think back last year in October, I just saw pretty much choice opted out and was aware that I'm supposed to be paying an eleven dollars fee, and I thought it was just opt out with my trash service and they were paying it. But I'm not being billed anything. So I'm just wondering, are they gonna call me someday and say you owe you know, months or year worth of back payment for this opt out fee? And then am I am I required to pay that because they've never given me a bill?
Speaker 5: You are Listen, if the city council voted it, it's like any other tax or any other thing, you would owe it. But it's a fee, by the way, not a tax. So if I were you, what I would do? If I were you, I would simply instead of the simpleton who walked in the room and wondered will the acts ever fall and hurt me? I would go and ask and I would say, hey, well, I'm not getting charged this is it a mistake or did you waive it? I would not wait to see. I know you're thinking, well, wait a minute, I might get away with.
Speaker 4: It, but then again you may not.
Speaker 5: What would you do a deputy d Have you heard about these opt out fees?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a wonderful business model where you get to charge people who don't use your services. I wish I could do that in my business. But to answer Dustin's question and your question, which is what I would do, I would keep my mouth shut. You would, yeah, because look what's going to happen. Let's say they figure this out three years from now and they try to back charge you, just pay them then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, tell me you can save up that kind of money.
Speaker 9: But if you show's are we talking about one hundred dollars a year, So if it's two years, it's two hundred bucks. It's not like he's going to get a ten thousand dollars bill out of No.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, it's going to be pretty affordable. Now, it could be that they just haven't figured it out yet, or they might never figure it out. No case, you will get away with it. The worst case scenario is they'll just back charge you for however long, and since you would have paid that anyway, you'll be, you'll be at break even. But if you show up over there and say, hey, yeah, how come you guys aren't charging me, they're gonna charge you.
Speaker 7: And I guess that makes my question.
Speaker 18: If I if I do kind of just play, you know, keep my mouth shut. As you said, do I have an argument to say, well, you never provided me a bill, how can you now charge me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, that's been That's been argued time and time again when it comes to municipal fees or even any bill.
Speaker 4: Actually given the electric bill, now if.
Speaker 5: It goes me on six years, they wouldn't have They can only collect what is more recent of the six years.
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, I get the three seven?
Speaker 5: All right, man, thank you for calling, by the way, Dustin Bill. Oh wait, I think I answered Bill Bill. Do you have any additional questions?
Speaker 18: We got Brian on from Compass.
Speaker 4: Oh good, Oh that's right, Brian, Brian Burns.
Speaker 5: I got a quick question for you, bro. So, if I have a few cars in my household like I do, do you only have to carry um you what do they call it.
Speaker 4: Um u I whatever? On one car? Or do you carry it on what? Brian?
Speaker 19: Every every carrier we write with it's a it's a set limit that goes over the whole policy, so you're not putting it on a specific car. It goes on the policy, which extends to all the vehicles.
Speaker 4: But if you have more cars, you pay more.
Speaker 19: It does, but it's not it's not a h It doesn't equal out to be where let's say, if you have two cars, that's double the price, but it does go up a bit for each car that's added.
Speaker 4: Okay, does that make I guess you'll.
Speaker 19: See you'll see a line item for uninsured motorists. It's just at the top of the policy, and it extends over all the all the vehicles.
Speaker 16: What if they're on different policies but in the same household.
Speaker 19: If so, you have two different policies in your household.
Speaker 16: Well, I believe the policy numbers are not quite the same. But it's on a multi cars.
Speaker 19: I don't know you have you have more than four?
Speaker 5: Well, hold on, do you have the same do you have the same insurance company?
Speaker 16: Absolutely?
Speaker 19: Yes, yeah, that first policy should extend. It should extend over everything. I don't think you see that policy should extend over everything. Some companies. The reason I asked that is some companies only because their systems are inequated. They only can have four cars to a policy, so you'll see have more than one policy number, but it's just because they have to spread it over more than one policy because there's more than four cars.
Speaker 4: But here's a good question though. Let's say he did shop.
Speaker 5: And he had one car with one insurance company and it was cheaper this way, and his wife had another car with another insurance company, or he did and they both owned both cars, but they're distinctly separate policies.
Speaker 4: Then what.
Speaker 19: Well, so whichever car was let's say she first of all, they would both need to be listed on both policies for this to come into play, But then it would be whatever the primary policy would be the one that extends first, So there would be basically two limits. I'll guarantee you I don't know about the anti stacking laws in Colorado. I know that there were some that would be in a question for an attorney if you could stack them if you had two separate policies, if both had uninsured motorists. That used to be the case for sure, which is why they changed it from being on each vehicle and changed it to a over the top of a policy because that way there were you weren't able to stack them if if you had it on multiple cars, people were saying, well, I have four cars and each of them have one hundred thousand dollars of uninsured motors. I want four hundred thousand. That's the reason they went away from that and have it as a policy total. But if you have two separate policies, I'm not sure how an attorney would look at that at that point, that they could try to stack it or not.
Speaker 16: Yeah, they suggested I just carried it on the one vehicle. That would just save premiums. But they've also sent me some PaperWorks. I got a sign seeing them rejecting it.
Speaker 19: Yeah, coverage, I would read the form because that's what's gonna ultimately hold up unless you can get something in writing in them telling you that you're covered for uninsured motorst on all vehicles. You know, you would just want something in writing from the agent. At that point, the liability falls to the agent, not even the insurance company.
Speaker 5: But all right, I got to take a break three oh three seven on three talk. Hey, by the way, here's what I say. Just call Compass Insurance Group, have them do it. You'll probably get a better deal anyway, at least compare it bill three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two