Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 1: Let's I love writing these guys after the show. So just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 4: Your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 5: This is world champion, Dodger, world championing for a small soft time they get up people what they want to.
Speaker 4: Die in a row two is special.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache one of the cor This ball's gone.
Speaker 6: You ready to go? Hell time go to the South, grab your phone.
Speaker 5: To get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 6: And go to the show.
Speaker 5: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Basset, We.
Speaker 6: Are live at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: After Clayton Kershaw reminded you he is still Clayton Kershaw. The Dodgers beat the Giants tonight eleven to five behind a spectacular performance from Clayton Kershaw, who is coming back after having a left knee surgery, a left foot surgery and certainly is a guy that is proving you don't have to throw ninety eight miles an hour.
Speaker 6: To get hitters. Out.
Speaker 7: He commanded his pitches tonight. He had commanded his slider. Dave Roberts said that was going to be a big key to his success tonight. He was able to do that. He threw his slider as much as he threw his fastball. He got swings and misses on his curveball. And admit it, you have not given Kershaw the credit he deserves. This is not ceremonial for him to be back this year. This is not a goodbye tour for Kershaw. There's a very good chance he comes back to pitch next year. He would not have come back to pitch if he didn't believe he could compete.
Speaker 6: On this left.
Speaker 7: And like I said during the Clubhouse Show, I'll say it again, I believe Kershaw sent a message to you, He sent a message to Major League Baseball, and he may have even sent a message to his teammates that you may not feel the best and you may not have your best stuff that day, but you go out there and compete and be there for your team. And that's what he's all about. And I thought it was glorious to watch him pitch the way he pitched tonight. I mean against the Giants of all teams, and he has had their number over his career, but at this stage of his career to do what he did to them, I mean, really really was impressive tonight how he was able to do this. And you look at what Kershaw's done in fifty nine starts against the Giants in his career. He's now twenty seven and sixteen with an ERA of an even two five strikeouts. Tonight, he's only twelve away from three thousand, which would make him just the fourth left handed pitcher in Major League Baseball history to record three thousand strikeouts. Steve Carlton, Randy Johnson, and C. C. Sabathia are the only three right now, but Kershaw is just twelve strikeouts away from joining that elite group. Let's head it downstairs right now to hear from the future Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, our offense is so good.
Speaker 8: I think that it's really important to get some zeros on the board early and you can see what they do. You know, I think if they feel the momentum, they start swinging the bats and so from there, when you get that early lead, you just try and pound the zone as best you can.
Speaker 4: And you know, it wasn't like amazing.
Speaker 8: There are some pitches that I backed up that you know, they hit the ballharder guys, But overall, to be efficient to get through seven, it's a good day.
Speaker 6: Just kind of move along with your progression.
Speaker 9: Are you finding that you're getting closer and closer to where you want to be with each start?
Speaker 8: I think now it's just kind of like everyone's a little bit different, which is probably a good thing. You know, there's some things you do well, there's some things you do not so well, so you know it's not gonna be perfect. The learning how to adjust on the fly and you know, throw more strikes, which I'm able to do now, which is good. And yeah, I think I think it's now just just pitching, which is a good thing.
Speaker 10: When the first couple starts to be like pretty encouraged, it's just what everything could be for you.
Speaker 9: I like to make kind of example like when I means clicked into like just things are kind of closer to where you kind of want them to be.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think maybe it's my personality. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I just you're never like you never feel great about it, you know. I think there's always things you want to have back, and but the results, you know, ultimately, at the end of the day, to win the game, that's the most important thing. So you know, I in the moment, you know, I can think of some pitches on the top of my head.
Speaker 4: That I'd like to have back. I'd like to throw better.
Speaker 8: But you know, there's no restrictions physically health wise, which is which is great.
Speaker 4: And like I said, it's just kind of pitching now, which is good myself. The slider and the fur ball just be better in these last a couple whiles I didn't slider wasn't very good.
Speaker 8: Today my curve ball was better, though, I don't know, I don't know, it's a different day, I guess, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I hasn't been kind of thinks basically on a year, but just twelve ways.
Speaker 4: Does it get more? Really it's right here. Yeah, maybe by September I'll get there.
Speaker 8: We'll see, you know, it's it's it's it's obviously a very cool thing, and it's starting to get a little more on the forefront of the mine. But you know, who knows how long spells get taken. At this point, we might might be until August so we'll see when you're going off the mound at the end of the second for the olization, the crowd was getting you like it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it was special.
Speaker 8: I honestly didn't know if I was done or not, so I didn't want to, like come out of the moment too much.
Speaker 4: But you know, I love pitching here.
Speaker 8: I don't take it for granted. You know, who knows how many I've got left here, So I'm just gonna enjoy it. And just that's that's special. Anytime you know somebody cheers for you like that, it's pretty special.
Speaker 4: Consider there's no spring for you.
Speaker 10: Considering no spring for you, how much for those first couple of starts, just you're just trying to catch up and find all.
Speaker 8: For Yeah, that's where we are. I had plenty of starts beforehand. It's just there's no substituting big league game, big league competition. You know, you just have to get out there and get the reps.
Speaker 4: Did you end up hearing from Zach after pressing him on the striking sense?
Speaker 7: Then you know, all right, there's Clayton Kershaw on sports Net LA, and you know he brought up a great point and this is the stage of his career that he's at where he can appreciate a standing ovation coming off the mound. And that's really special to see that these fans here at Dodger Stadium recognize greatness and one of the great pitchers not only in Dodger his but in baseball history at this age, after all the injuries, that that truck still works. Fifty one thousand, five hundred and forty eight standing ovation for Clayton Kershaw coming off the mound in the seventh inning, after seventh scoreless just really special. And I have said this going back four five six years. Don't take this for granted because he's not going to be pitching forever.
Speaker 6: These are special nights.
Speaker 7: And if you see on the calendar or you hear us talk about, Hey, Kershaw's pitching this night at Dodgers Stadium, and you are available this summer, you should make it a point to come out here and watch him. You don't know, he just said it. He doesn't know how many more of these he has. And you know, it is conceivable that this is his last year pitching in Major League Baseball. But there's a lot of different variables. I can assure you of that, there's no one set answer. It's kind of a floating situation. So you know it's not for certain this is his last year, but there are no guarantees that he will be back next season. Eight six, six, nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Giants eleven to five. Let's go out to Palmdale. Darryl, You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 11: Darryl, Hi, David, how are you today? Man? I got to say, phenomenal. Bayden Kirstof is the man. I mean, I think I really thought he could have win another inning. He only threw eighty one pitches, and if this was his last game, hey, he deserved everything he got. And the thing that I want to say is I hope the young pitchers I'll look it at what he's doing and take somebody take it some notes, because the band is grinded and he's doing what he's supposed to do.
Speaker 7: I agree guys like last now Snell, Dustin May, all those guys should be taking notes about what it is to have it inside of you to go out there and compete even though you're coming off foot surgery knee surgery and you're throwing eighty nine miles an hour but finding a way, competing your butt off to hang in there for seven scoreless. Let's go out to Frank in Sacramento. You're on Dodger Talk live from Dodger Stadium. Hi, Frank, Hey, Dave have known tremendous Frank.
Speaker 9: I love Clayton Kershaw tonight and I love how Or And then we're talking about how many jumbo Jackson's bought over his career for the city.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's just a goat and her name.
Speaker 7: That's the first thing that comes to my mind as well when I think back to Kershaw's career, how many jumbo jacks he has bought the city of La Yeah, that's the first thing that comes to my mind.
Speaker 12: Frank, that is great.
Speaker 2: And I just wanted to know when the Dodgers come up here in the Sacramento next year to play the Ash Sacramento. Don't are you going to be joining the team?
Speaker 6: I hope not. Oh, come on, Dame, thanks for the phone call, Frank. Let's go out to Las Vegas, the future home of the A. Sergio. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Sergio?
Speaker 1: Hey, David, that was funny. Hopefully when the phase gets to Vegas, they want to come to Vegas.
Speaker 11: But let let's go in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about let's talk about Let's talk about Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm fifty five years old.
Speaker 1: I went to my first Rogiert game in nineteen seventy six. I've seen some amazing players, but Clayton Kershaw is up there, definitely in the top five. You know today, as you said in the postgame show, it was it was vintage Clayton Kershaw. You know, I was tracking the game again in seventeen. He faced twenty four batters, seventeen first pitch strikes. A tremendous there. He dropped his era by one point one. And I think Dan i Asnia costs Clayton at least almost five pitches. But you know, I don't know what what he was doing in his well.
Speaker 7: Was Dan i Asnia was way better than Adam Beck last night, Sergio. So I don't think we're going to complain about Dan i Asonia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've seen some horrible, some horrible umpires, but.
Speaker 12: Man, great ones too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Uncle, Charge, it.
Speaker 6: Was that's a big pitch. It's a.
Speaker 7: You know, when Kershaw was in his prime, some would argue that he was a little predictable, but you know, A j Ellis would tell me when he was catching Kershaw, two strikes on a hitter, he called the curveball for the strikeout, and I think that's a recipe for success even now. Two strikes go to the uncle, Charlie, get that strike out on the curveball. Thanks for the phone call, Sergio, appreciate it. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Giants tonight eleven to five. There offense came alive. They scored five runs in the second inning after show Heyotani's leadoff home run in the bottom of the first inning. Again an opposing manager intentionally walking Otani to load the bases for Mookie Betts, and Mookie Betts made Bob Melvin pay for that decision, and you know he didn't. He wasn't as demonstrative as he has been in the past, but feels like he's getting used to it and he's delivering more times than not whenever they walk Otani in front of him.
Speaker 6: This goes back to last year.
Speaker 7: Ron Washington, the first manager to do so, and Mooki made him pay with.
Speaker 6: A home run to left field.
Speaker 7: By the way, speaking of the Angels, the last time Clayton Kershaw had a start of seven innings was June twentieth, twenty twenty three, in Anaheim against the Angels, where he went seven scoreless that night and also had five strikeouts. So Kershaw does it again and joins Yamamoto as the only Dodger starter to complete seven innings in a game this season. Eight six, six, seven, two, five seventy is the phone number, Matthew in Indio. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 13: Matthew, how's it going on, David, Let's talk to you again. And I was in I was in the stadium today and it was rock and it really was and we really had control of the game since the first pitch in the first inning. Otani going yard, and I was in the pavilion, that left pavilion, and I told people, I told people, hey, like, heads up, heads up, it's coming our way. And sure enough he got one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: How many rows away was it from you?
Speaker 13: I wasn't three or four. It was more towards the center. The center had.
Speaker 7: Then I saw Fans go for his second home run, the two hundred and fiftieth home run of his career. Uh Fan had it right in his hands and another one got in front of him, distracted him and it bounced away. So not sure where it went. Thanks for the phone call, Matthew, appreciate it. Speaking of show Hey, o Tani, we haven't heard from show Hey in quite some time.
Speaker 6: He spoke after the game tonight on sports Net l A.
Speaker 10: How do you felt physically as you've kept ramping up as a picture and how much has your daily routine changed the last couple of weeks as your pitching workload has increased.
Speaker 14: Omni Kish, I'm just gonna cut of a caticlar stunt and get today. The i VP is really an important part of the progression. The intensity is different, so how that feels to my body is going to be different as well. But it's something that I do have to go through to make sure that you know my body feels right.
Speaker 13: Is that pabi be polish that's used to do physical vocals.
Speaker 4: Pat it's a time. How long you need tobok for you again?
Speaker 6: You to some.
Speaker 14: Hm.
Speaker 4: That's the.
Speaker 9: I'm just gonna tell you, and I do feel like just being the two way player that I used to be was the norm. So last year really was the abnormal year, and it's for me, it's about really getting back to what I used to do.
Speaker 7: All right, the show Hao Tani with Will Ireton on Sports Net LA. And I think we all take it for granted that even though Otani is not pitching in games, he is ramping up to pitch in the second half of the season. You think back to San Diego where he threw three innings in a simulated situation forty four pitches and then is leading off for the Dodgers that same night. I'm not sure we have a good enough appreciation for what he's doing before games and the pitching department to get ready for the second half and then coming out and being that DH. So that's something to consider as well. And that's been the argument from guys like Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez that him coming back to be a two way player pitching again is going to take a little something out from his offense. So we'll see whether or not that continues, but certainly tonight the June gloom was over for show. Hao Tani his first RBI in the last ten games, and he all so homer twice tonight, including his two hundred and fiftieth home run. Let's take another phone call, Calvin in a Los Felis. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 12: Calvin, Hey, David, thanks for taking my call. Great win tonight. It was great to see Kersh throw enough gem and good to see the bats working. I do want to talk about the decision to bring in Kik in the ninth though. I love Keik. I love watching him pitch, and I love that we can count on him to come in and save the pen and we're down by fifteen or up by twenty. But I felt like tonight was not one of those situations. You know, we were so close from you know, finishing a eleven to nothing, shutout of our true division rivals, and you know, closing off a putting a little cherry on top of that beautiful start from Kersh, and instead it's a much less impressive box score at the end. So I'm just wondering, Look, you think we're in a little too, you know, putting Key k in as much as behalf been and I understand the condition that the Bulkin is in, but you know, I think there's something to be said for finishing out a game like this nice and strong, and you know, keeping that moment the next one.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't argue against that, Calvin, I wouldn't argue against that. Just come in, put the nail in the coffin and and really send a message to the Giants that you don't belong with us shutting them out eleven to nothing. But you know, here's the other side of it, and I'll add this too. I'm not so upset about the box score or it being eleven to five instead of eleven to nothing. I'm concerned about Keik because what if he gets hurt. And I'm not talking about his arm. You know, when you're on the mound there, it's a different throw. Maybe he strains a groin or a hamstring. You don't want to lose Keyk Hernandez in that situation when he's throwing thirty eight pitches in the ninth inning. But this is sports entertainment, and it's hard to ignore the fact that when Keyk came out for the ninth inning, uh, the fans that were still here were on their feet for key K. Everybody loves KEYK anything key K, and they love them even more after his Instagram post, and rightfully so I applaud him for that. So there is the sports entertainment side of it as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, here, David, I hear you. But yeah, I care about k K.
Speaker 7: I don't want to lose KEYK to a pitching injury, you know. I that's not something that would be ideal, especially when you know he's out there for thirty eight pitches and like I said, not necessarily his arm, but you know, strain of groin, strain of hamstring, something like that Calvin is concerning. But you know, I could see both sides of it. And in fairness, the Giants had their backup catcher, Logan Porter throw the ninth inning for them or the bottom of the eighth inning for them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, that's true. I mean, you know, I think the Giants are in more of a position to be doing that than the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: But somebody else, key K. You've gone to the well too many times on KEYK. Find somebody else that's willing to do it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: That's that's my thought on it. Thanks for the phone call. Calvin appreciate it. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back. More of your phone calls at eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy and we'll hear from Freddie Freeman and I'm getting a text right now. I'm gonna look into it. Justin Verlander may have been talking trash about Keik Hernandez. We'll share that with you as well when we continue on Dodger Talk. After the Dodgers, behind a great performance from Clayton Kershaw, beat the Giants eleven to five on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: And evidently the answer with your thumbs up.
Speaker 7: So Tani rips one tape to right fail headed back to the wall.
Speaker 6: It is gone. That's a home run for a tone his second of the night. Oh it's a big time show. Eight to nothing.
Speaker 3: Dodgers home run number twenty five for show hel'tany as he hit an absolute frozen rope into the right center failed bleachers, that's.
Speaker 7: A marker in a player's career. Two hundred and fifty home runs. Now for show, heo Tani after he went deep twice tonight, leading off in the first inning and then that one in the sixth inning. As the Dodgers romp against the Giants eleven to five. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast Go to AM five to seventy. LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game.
Speaker 6: Daniel's Jewelers own the dream.
Speaker 7: Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Well, the text I got from this baseball person. I mean when somebody says Verlander is talking trash on X, I automatically think about Justin Verlander, not his brother, who is inconsequential in every form of the imagination that you can think of. So I'm not even gonna read it. So nobody cares what his brother says. If Justin Verlander was talking trash, then I would care. But his brother, I mean.
Speaker 6: Who cares?
Speaker 7: Who cares Dodgers beat the Giants tonight eleven to five behind a great performance from Clayton Kershaw. Kershaw's performance and the Dodgers putting up a crooked number early in the game gave Dave Roberts an opportunity to get guys like Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman out of the game early. And Freddy f even going back to San Diego, has been dealing with a quad injury, and that's part of the reason why he's not running at one hundred percent. He not only is still getting an hour and a half worth of treatment on his right ankle and his ribs, but now he's got to manage a quad injury. Freddie spoke to me for the first time since Dave Roberts revealed he's dealing and managing that quad injury.
Speaker 10: It's not living at all. It is not one hundred percent, so I will manage it. I won't run as hard on certain things, but when I have to run hard, I'm okay to run hard. It's just more of just trying to keep it manageable. It feels better when you don't get any hits or get on base. It definitely helps. It's like an active rest day. So today I feel good. It's a lot less tight today, so hopefully by managing it'll be one hundred percent in a few days.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dave said that you've made an agreement with him to manage it or you're gonna get a day off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's hard to like their day out to beat the ball out in at the infield. So that's what we're trying to manage. Like when I have to do something like that, I'll be able to do it. So yeah, I mean if I hit him grumble to like first base, you probably won't see me run hard the next couple of days. Just try it so I don't hurt myself. So it's in a spot where I can play through it. It doesn't affect you anything right now, but just trying to manage it and get through all right.
Speaker 6: Freddie Freeman managing another injury.
Speaker 7: He's out there every day and he's forty third on the all times doubles list. He's keeping track of Kershaw strikeout countdown to three thousand. I'm keeping track of the doubles and Freddie Freeman is only six doubles away from passing the Iron Horse. Lou Garrig on that list, and he's only about twenty doubles away from passing Hall of Famer and former Brave Chipper Jones on that list. I'm sure that will be very sweet for Freddy, as sweetest Kershaw found out when he passes that granky on the strikeout list as well.
Speaker 6: Let's head out, that's our guy, Jose Moda.
Speaker 5: It's tough to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 7: All right, Jose Moda. A great night for Clayton Kershaw. That is proving to everyone that he is far from over. Did you feel like he was being too hard on himself when he said his slider wasn't that good tonight?
Speaker 2: I hope that he continues to be like that, because that's what makes him great day. It is what makes Kershaw just top of the class and a different guy than everybody else, the expectations of the bands and the fact that he always thinks it can do better. But again, as fans and as observers and broadcasters like, my god, you're demanding a lot. You just did a great job. He went seven innings. I've been you know, getting up seven times is not as easy as it might sound. And a lot of managers use that in engaging pictures even out of spring training. So how many times they get up. It could be the year sixty five pitches through five and there's like coming terms that he get up. All those things matter a whole lot, especially for a guy that's not so many miles at thirty seven years old. But Dave, I really hope that he continues to be that had hard himself because if he didn't have one thing today, he had the other. He did not have to just slider that he wanted, but he had the curveball. That's the curse.
Speaker 7: I mean in this day and age where everybody is so fixated on throwing ninety five plus his cruse shot proving you don't have to do that, or is this just so unique from a future Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: It's unique because he's made it unique. He's worked at it. I mean, yesterday three o'clock, he's out in the bulletin by himself, and you know his pictures. His hitter sake dry swings, he's making dry pitches. He's got a basell in his hand, he's with his glove motioning. There's no catcher, by the way, just he on the round in the bullpen, no catcher, and he's motioning with his glove hand what he's gonna throw, and he's making a pitch, a dry pitch, and you're like, man, you know that takes a lot to just go out there and visualize, see with the balls of the land, see it happening before it happens. And that is why the separation exists with him. But my goodness, he can pigeon eighty nine and locate well and get you know, the bottom part of the zone. The way he did it mixed enough to offset some hitters and then have an extra bite on that curvebl today with a spin rate which is amazing. At times he was able to actually throw a little bit harder and I think we're just looping so much like a rainbow. And then other times he was able to steal the strike here and there. But nonetheless it was like the old curse, the swing and miss, as you mentioned about a j Ellis with a curveball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, two strike pitch, getting that strike three call. That was the recipe for success when he was in his prime, and certainly bringing it back. What's this deal with this split fingered fastball? He threw it once tonight is that what is that pitch?
Speaker 2: I think the show pitch like, okay, you know what, let me have said, let me see how guys reacts, and you know, cursh really good. It might be a game where he might surprise all of us and start using that pitch a little bit more, depending on how becus we're reacting. But I think just to have a feel for something else at this stage of his career is important. Obviously it doesn't have you know, he does not have a through change up, but my goodness, just to get a feel for that and know that he can execute it because it's arm angle doesn't change, it's armstree doesn't change. And who else but Curse would come out with another pitch when he needs to, especially this later his career. Why not?
Speaker 6: Why not? I agree?
Speaker 7: And it seems like whenever he's around a certain type of picture that he wants to try things out, Like when rich Hill was on the team, he dropped down because rich Hill tried dropping down a few times. And now he's around a lot of pictures like Yamamoto's Sazaki Otani that throw that splitter.
Speaker 6: Maybe they're showing him something.
Speaker 12: Why not?
Speaker 2: I mean conversations ea see curse. Who's who's more engaged with with hitters and with pictures than Kirsch when he's not pitching. And that's what the conversations come through with, just asking questions, trying to get better execution.
Speaker 11: When would you throw it when.
Speaker 2: You not throw out? How do you practice it? All those things come along then when you're playing catch out in the outfield before game, we started just toring with it and throwing to another reliever, another starter, and just see how you know if they're reacting to catching it, and you go from there. Obviously it is not going to be a premier pitch for him right now, but again, you just never know. We must surprise somebody the way he I don't know, he threw that one pitch where nobody knew what was happening there. It seems like he slipped or something. But she's just I mean, there's a guy that respects the game, that's number one, and to go out there and pitch like the score was one nothing, make every pitch count just does not amaze me at all.
Speaker 7: All Right, hose, let's talk about the offense. Otani's June gloom was over tonight with two home runs you've talked about posture with Otani. Did you notice a difference tonight.
Speaker 2: One thing I noticed is he wasn't taking pitches very well in the first step bat and then he actually got himself shackled as will say, you know, like put some ankle weights on your feet, and then he was able to connect. And he's been working very hard, Dave on that separation needs to happen between your your hands going back and that cock in action he has with his front leg and his ankle to do it a little bit earlier because he's been caught in between and catching. He's been catching up on mistake pitches, but he's not been able to lay out very good pitches. And today was a marked difference in which he was forcing himself to start a little bit earlier, so the track the baseball b boll ground and then be obviously in a very position to swing the bat. And you can see that the second home hormis pitch out of his own. If he doesn't start early and get himself in a good position, that's just another fly ball to left field. But he was able to rope around that pitch and hit hard. So hopefully he'll continue on this stretch, and we know he could be a little streaky sometimes and this is one of those times in which they could use that bad again from the top of the order, for sure.
Speaker 7: What did you think about Bob Melvin's decision to Walko Tani ahead of Mookie Betts and MOOKI again made the opposing team pay for that decision.
Speaker 2: Because managers that I've talked to, and you know this very well too, it's always like, who if Tony hurts me, how do I answer that question? Knowing that I could picture to Muki, the right hander with the right hand on the mountain. Very simple, even though Muki is not just another right hand at batter I mean MVPs and World Series rings and batting titles he's had. But that's a simple answer, Dave. It's like who can beat me? Right now? Otta want to be Oltani again? Lefty righty matchup. I'm gonna take my chances with the guy that has been really good coming into this game and group, and it just didn't play off, all.
Speaker 7: Right, Jose, look forward to tomorrow and the Dodgers winning this series against the Giants. They need a series win to kick off this ten game homestand and certainly send the giants out of La not having a piece of first.
Speaker 2: Place, because tomorrow is May day.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, and Father's Day by the way, Yes, sir, all right, Hose, we'll see you tomorrow. There you goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast, and I will deliver those tacos that I promised to Pepe and Ningez. I thought the Dodgers were going to sweep this series, but two out of three we'll do just fine. That'll make me deliver those tacos with a smile. We'll let you hear from Emischeian tomorrow. He is on the horizon to make a start here, it seems that way because the Dodgers need a starter for that four game series against the Padres. Dave Roberts wouldn't say before the game today when Sheen is going to make the start, but he did concede that there is room for both Shean and Casparius in the same rotation, So you probably are going to see Ben Kasparius and IMIg Shean pitch in that four game series against the Padres, and Kershaw's next start date lands the final game of that Padres series. As well as he gets closer to three thousand strikeouts and looking for wins. He's now two and zero on the season after going seven scoreless for the Dodgers tonight. Also a quick shout out to Max Munsey. You know that's a guy that you all want to get on. But since the beginning of May, he has looked like Max Munsey again. And tonight he was on base four times with two hits and two walks, and scored a couple of times. And Michael Conforto drove in a run with a double in the second inning when the Dodgers scored five runs. So that was good to see from Conforto, And I just wanted to point out month Sea's night tonight. It probably would get lost amongst the kershaws, the yotani's, the tao's, all that stuff. So it's a team game, and you don't score eleven runs by just having one or two guys do something good. Tomorrow, Dustin May is on the mound on Father's Day here at Dodgers Stadium. They're giving away the bucket at here to the dads and those that are in attendance. He's going up against Kyle Harrison, Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at three o'clock because it's Sunday night Baseball. First pitch at four to ten on Father's Day.
Speaker 6: That'll do it for us tonight from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 7: Thanks to calling me back at our Burbank studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald. You're at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. It was a great day in Los Angeles, a peaceful day for the most part in Los Angeles. And certainly be safe out there as you get from.
Speaker 6: Point A to point B.
Speaker 7: And we can't wait to see you at Dodgers Stadium tomorrow on Father's Day once again. The final score tonight from Dodgers Stadium, the Dodgers defeat the Giants eleven to five.
Speaker 6: Have a great rest of your night. See up