Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This is the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one.
Speaker 1: The Eagle. Glad to have you in the mix today.
Speaker 2: Okay, I sent you guys a picture just now, and it may have been inappropriate to send to you guys. It's a lady on a tennis court and she is she is. The camera's behind her, and she's walking away and she's scratching her butt and she appears to not be wearing any undergarments. She's got a white tennis dress on, she's got a tennis racket, she's got a white hat on.
Speaker 1: She's at a tennis court. Now.
Speaker 2: I stumbled across this while scrolling social media today. And the reason this is significant is I had this poster on my wall for most of my childhood. Really, I remember this poster and I'm assuming you bought it on your own.
Speaker 1: It's Spencer Gifts, I think so.
Speaker 2: However, I'm not on this one. I'm not positive. I believe you're accountant Brenton Burton. Oh okay, I think he might have had this poster and I wanted it and I had I traded him a polo for it.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, my mom would provide me with it was like her favorite thing was to buy us polo shirts, right, and so for me it became a trade currency, right because you had a lot of them. Because your mom would not have bought you this poster.
Speaker 1: She would not have bought me that poster. I'm dying to know what.
Speaker 2: Some of the other photographs from this session were, because not only is she wearing a seat through white dress with no panties, she's not wearing a bra, that's true. We don't know what her face looks like, and we don't know if she ever bent down to pick up a tennis ball, and we don't know what the other front stuff's looks right, Okay, but this is late seventies, so the other front stuff, yeah, was probably growing everywhere. Okay, So, like, is this in itself an offensive picture?
Speaker 1: No, Christie, it's not.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look like she's scratching anything. No, she's just placing her hand gently. Well what's she doing then, She's just placing her hand on her butt for what reason?
Speaker 1: To show cheek? Yeah? Okay, so like she's lifting, she's doing a thick check. Okay, So is this picture okay to post on social media?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: God, yes, are you.
Speaker 4: On iheartart.
Speaker 1: This isn't put it on Ben Roger, right, I know, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's too edgy for iHeart to post. I have a feeling Elliot's okay with it. I don't know about some of.
Speaker 3: The other people, though, I will say there are some girls on Instagram that wear bathing suits more revealing than this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, you don't say anything that's a different color.
Speaker 2: So I stumbled across this and I sent it to my brother and I was like, dude, I cannot believe this nostalgia that just hit me. This is taking me down memory lane. I had this in my room my entire childhood, and he was like, I remember that, and that does not make sense, Like, at what age is this okay to at a tennis butt on your wall.
Speaker 1: I'm also dying to know what she's going to do with that racket.
Speaker 2: So I just think in the era that we grew up with, it was sort of accepted that we were going to objectify hot women in our suburban bedrooms. I was a six year old that had the Fara Fawcet poster where she was Nippley.
Speaker 1: You're six, Yeah, think about that. You're sick.
Speaker 2: And my mom said I would go in there and just stare at it with my.
Speaker 1: Mouth hanging opens.
Speaker 2: I remember my friend Steven McDaniel, who you know, I'm sure he was gay at the time, but we just found out later he was gay. But his brother next door had the bo Derreck poster from Bo Derek did the Tarzan movie. And so there's a poster from the movie Tarzan where bo Derek is like, I think she's tied to something and just her right boob is just hanging out. So it's a poster of her from the movie and she's like tied to a stone or something and just her right cans just sitting there. And he had it out in his room. Yeah, and I would walk in there all the time just stare at it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Steven didn't care. We had like we had like every once in a while. We lived on a creek, and so for Katie and Christina who are from the country, it's a creek and there was these giant sewage pipes that would flow the rain into this creek and you could always walk down into one about twenty yards and find a playboy. Oh.
Speaker 4: Now, we're a hustler, like a rotation like, oh, I don't know, I kind of have a you know, in some yards they have like a free book.
Speaker 2: Thing, right, is that with thety mag same thing? Yeah, so you mean a hustler magazine, not an actual hustler. They just got washed down. I'm talking about sewer porn. Yeah okay, and it was always in there, but now kids go to the Internet and whatnot like that. You don't need stuff like that. But you know this picture, it's crazy that this was on my wall. She's revealing thetox, right, and I wonder what your mom would think when she would go up there to put up the recently washed and dried polos.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, so let's just talk about this picture now.
Speaker 2: I want our listeners to envision it, and maybe if I get the courage, I'll post it on Well, if I can't post it on iHeart, you post on yours. The same problems that would exist on iHeart exist for me. Don't you remember from your corporate training. It's all the same. No, no, no, no, that is that's all the exact same. What emoji describes this? Okay, I may have to blur out her batox. Yeah I think so, butts are legal. I don't know that they are.
Speaker 3: This is kind of like that Pink Floyd picture with all the women you just but I like that, okay?
Speaker 2: But is this is this practical? And is this to play tennis in with no undergarments? And is it pervy of the guy whoever took this pic?
Speaker 1: Here? She is just enjoying herself playing tennis. Some guys taking pictures as she walks away of her butt?
Speaker 2: And is it okay to send to a coworker like I just did to all three of you guys? These are all questions that may not be answered today. I'm gonna post this picture on social media.
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 2: Go to at nine seven to one The Eagle on Instagram to find out if I have the balls to post it there?
Speaker 1: All right? Coming up next thinkhold talk.
Speaker 2: Shout out to our homie Mike from Drowning Pool Band right out of here in the dft of It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 1: We like to be given tickets away, and.
Speaker 2: Dorothy is going to be at the Factory, the studio at the Factory on May seventh, and we have tickets for that. Now we give tickets away with the iHeart app. You have to have the app. It's got a talkback feature on its. First person that uses that talkback feature and leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and what sport is the lady playing in the poster that Ben had as a kid growing up, where she's showing her ass.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about it. I posted it. He posted it on what Well You're gonna have to check to find out. I gotta do a radio.
Speaker 4: Social media dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, go to social media dot com. The first person that can tell us what that sport is. We were just talking about it. Uh, you got to leave your name, your phone number, your email address, use the talkback feature on the iHeart app, and you were gonna win tickets to see Door at the May seventh at the studio at the Factory. Now, Kati were talking before the show and you had mentioned that you have a story about a sinkhole. And I got real interested in this because this weekend I was driving around in Broken Bow and these streets that are back off into the neighborhoods, they're wild ass streets, and if it's been raining and there's a giant pothole, you don't really see it because the rain fills up the pothole. And there are some massive potholes, I mean gigantic to where if your tire goes into it, it's causing a huge rockets, right, And as I was navigating these potholes, I started thinking about sinkholes. I don't know that I've ever seen a sinkhole in person. I mean I've seen pictures of them. Have you guys ever actually seen a sinkhole? No, but I saw one recently. I see them on social media somewhat often, maybe once a month. And there was footage of one that happened I don't know, somewhere in Asia, and this is just in the middle of the street and these cars are driving down the street and all of a sudden, the guy in a motorcycle just falls down because the hole was up in the road. And this guy, they ended up finding his body eighty feet down into it, and you can watch him just actually drive right into it.
Speaker 5: It's so wild because what is happening is it just a crevice in the earth that was always there and.
Speaker 1: It's swallowed up.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he saw it, he should have popped a wheelie. That's a great way to go into the same little dude on a wheelie.
Speaker 1: He should have jumped it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this morning, Southeast Dallas about nine thirty, truck with the trailer got stuck in a sinkhole. If you'd like to know the actual streets, because I'm sure we have listeners that live near North Prairie Creek Road in Bruton Road, that's where it happened. Oh that's out there like Ulyss area right.
Speaker 1: Now, southeast Dallas. Oh screw me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not at all.
Speaker 1: Going good.
Speaker 4: Try and then there might be that same street connection might be in It's not unheard of. There's a lot of elms and oaks and Maine's neighbors said they heard a loud noise sounded like a crash. One neighbor said she came outside saw the pickup truck with the trailer falling in the hole. She told w f A A that the driver, Kim Johnson, lives in the neighborhood. Johnson's wife. Kim Johnson's wife told w f A that he was taken to the hospital. Guess with me falling into.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kim is a man. Is that a big deal to you?
Speaker 4: You don't see a lot of Kim's no not male Kim. You've seen that's the story, and that was their first name. Uh, plenty of Kim's their last name. Doctor Kim, doctor Kim, Tom Kim, Michael Kim, Chan Kim.
Speaker 1: I think he will Kim. I think there's more than you think. Probably. I don't think there's a lot of male Kimberlys.
Speaker 4: No, No, probably not.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: They said this was the result of a twenty seven inch Christina concrete wastewater mainline.
Speaker 1: Man, you can't go to her after you talk about it.
Speaker 3: She sends a butt picture and you say, twenty seven inches.
Speaker 1: Why going to her for that? I was not going to her about the inch part.
Speaker 4: I was going with her about the concrete wastewater mainline part.
Speaker 1: She's big into that scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they got to fix that pipeline so no one else drives in it.
Speaker 1: So tough. What is somebody supposed to do with twenty seven inches?
Speaker 4: It's not that big if you think about it, like in terms of driving on a road and creating a sink line.
Speaker 1: Wait, he just held up nine inches.
Speaker 2: He held up nine inches, and I'm like, dude, I don't think you have a good feel for two and almost two and a half it's like dog years for him, so like these dog ears are like he just held up if you missed this, because you're not with us in studio. When he heard that that, he held up his fingers nine inches apart and he said, this is twenty seven inches.
Speaker 4: You're telling me all these years I've been saying I've got a nine inch I'd really even have a three incher. Oh no, it's disappointing. You hate to find that out on Monday. Well, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: I just think it's crazy that a twenty seven inch ye wastewater mainline break could create a hole, a gaping hole that swallows your truck and tractor or in trailer and tractor in the trailer.
Speaker 1: It's like, what's going on under the earth?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And the other day it's also construction happening.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things where they close off the road and the guys jump into the road and start shoveling stuff out, and it's like that. Do they feel safe? Yeah, but there's a lot of stuff going on underneath us at all times.
Speaker 1: The world is dangerous, guys, all right? Coming up next, who won the weekend? We'll tell you.
Speaker 2: She likes to rock and she likes to play tennis with limited undergarments. And I've now proven it by posting this on social media. You can go to my Instagram at big ben Rogers. Hey, big band, Hey, what's up Alexis Now it's made the tennis play okay, very nice from the seventies. Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: She might be again, I didn't imagine she would be so country. Now I did kind of what's out because over there the picture I posted? Is that what's wrong with your butt? Oh? No, no, no, I just the picture I posted. I went ahead and redacted. What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Oh come on, man, No, if it's not in the it looks like her ass is pixelated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in the cut, raw in the cut. That's what I wanted that petroleum jelly for.
Speaker 2: So you know, uh, the picture that I posted is redacted in the buttocks because I don't think you can show crack.
Speaker 4: I think you can really on Twitter now, dude, porn stars are making a killing.
Speaker 1: So you're saying I could make money off this crack too. It's although it's not near at salacious, is what's out there? I mean?
Speaker 2: I feel like there's some former major league managers that have daughters that are putting more out there on Twitter than whatever. That is, all right, A Dallas company is making a very shocking claim.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that next, but right now, it's not for this juice. Your moves, hot gods, come.
Speaker 4: Stay on top in the wood shovel. If you think you crushed it this weekend, you think you had a great weekend, I'm just here to tell you move over, get over here, and get ready for your silver medal, because you did not have the weekend Jack Blackhat, which.
Speaker 2: He needed a good weekend after the whole Australia thing.
Speaker 4: I don't I think they were doing fine. They just had to go away for a little bit, like we would all have to do.
Speaker 1: You know what was that, the Kyle Glass controversy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his buddy, Kyle Gass just said that, you know, yeah, he said something, you know, he said things that ended a tour. Yeah, you know, but you know, Jack was ready to get home. The Minecraft movie made one hundred and fifty seven million in North America three hundred and one million globally. Dude analysts were predicting eighty million, and it nearly doubled that incredible.
Speaker 3: This is a kid movie.
Speaker 4: It is the Minecraft Movie, which is PG starring Jack Black, Jason Momoa, and three kids I've never heard of. I even read a couple of reviews and they were not good. But sixty four percent of the audience was under the age of twenty five. People went to see the Minecraft Movie this weekend.
Speaker 1: That's great. It is good. The theaters needed this badly. Yeah, it's like the kool Aid movie.
Speaker 4: The kool Aid movie. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait till they make that. Okay, So why do we think that this movie was successful when so many others, reason recently have not been successful.
Speaker 4: I think, oh, I've been just tried to eat himself.
Speaker 1: No, because Minecraft, as you know, yeah, very popular.
Speaker 2: It's it's hugely popular, and it was popular with you know. So now my son is seventeen, almost eighteen years old, and so he grew up with it. But also there was a whole older set of people that are in their thirties that were played it in their teens and stuff like that guy. There is a guy I can't remember his name is like Snappy or something that my son used to watch his videos all the time, snatchy, snatchy, and he was like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, twenty eight year.
Speaker 6: Old twenty eight year old British guy. Okay, and uh and you know, so it it if you look at it from that standpoint, as long as Minecraft has been around, it covers about a fifteen year span.
Speaker 1: Of people that then get older and then you still get the kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not a guaranteed measure of success like there was the Uh. There's been other video game movies that have come out that have battleship movie that have been like things people are into, like I think that might maybe it's a perfect recipe. I'm not saying that's not a factor. Clearly that is a factor, but some have failed. Is this that times the greatness of Jack Black?
Speaker 4: Jason Momoa too, maybe has big marketing party kids. I don't know, he's failed too. Yeah, something Aquaman or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'll ask my son.
Speaker 2: I'm willing to bet money he has no idea who Jack Black or Jason Momo are. Well for something to be as wildly popular as as it would be diversified so it wouldnt get kids, people like your kid who wouldn't know, and then it'd get people like that, like the actors who don't even know about the game, you know it'd be widespread.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of the Mario Brothers movie Yeah Love.
Speaker 1: Which it taught that that was the second biggest.
Speaker 4: Opening for a video game Yeah movie, right, So whatever it is, it was definitely needed. I think we'll see more video game movies comes in. But the Angry Birds movie failed. But whatever, Minecraft is wild to me because it's a narrativeless game.
Speaker 1: You just build stuff.
Speaker 4: It's not storylines and it you know, so I think that's interesting, but I don't know how they adapted that into the movie. We move forward to Saturday Night Live, where your host is Jack Black and look, it's been a great season fifty not defending it. I'll tell you if they have a bad season. They've had some bad ones recently. This was one of the greatest episodes of the last ten years, really really, and he had not hosted since two thousand and five. It's important to know that in two thousand and five he had what is seen as one of the greatest episodes of Saturday Nightlave of all time. In that episode was Debbie Downer the Spelling Bee Sketch with will Forte Lonely Islands really break out hit with Lazy Sunday. Oh wow, Christmas time for the Jews. I mean, there's so many funny ones. Appalachian Er. It was a great episode and he's back for the first time in twenty years, and he just they I call this weaponizing the talent of a host. They weaponized music and he had an awesome monologue and it's just there's so much crazy crap that happened. They were taking digs at Morgan wall in the entire episode. He Garter had some fake breasts. It was all really insane.
Speaker 2: She had those fake breasts in the bass sketches right where everyone's playing a bass.
Speaker 4: Yes, which they're making fun of Morgan Wallen's band, because Morganwallen's band is just him, and then like five guys behind him with guitars. In fact, James Austin Johnson's wearing a shirt that says God's Country on it.
Speaker 1: It's so good. I mean, it is all clearly.
Speaker 2: I saw the monologue and I saw that sketch where hey, you have your own instrument, come up on stage and jam with us, and every person that came up was playing a bass and I saw Heidi and I was like, wait, what what did that happen? Are those new a little part of the bit, Yeah, just a little fake moves they threw on her because she's juggie in general. I mean I would say, no, really, you need to see shrinking.
Speaker 4: Well compared to this.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously after she gets f sized fakers, but she's not the kind of person that's a candidate for fakers.
Speaker 1: She's pretty Okay, I want you to see this because I I don't know how they would have made them look that real if they were fake.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because she got the bikini, so it's like her human skin from the neck down. So whatever they put on her, and there's pictures from the dressing room I saw where they're put them on, okay. It's also funny because like everyone's bringing a new instrument. He's like, okay, we've got enough bass, and.
Speaker 1: They're sicking, free falling.
Speaker 4: Okay, we've got enough bass. Everyone comes out and he's got spoons. He's like, all right, spoons, there's something new, and he's like, no, it's from my crack. Okay, So he's does some cracking that he breaks out of base. Someone came out unloaded like a keyboard, like a case. No, no, it's just my carrying case for my base. So good whole episode a banger. Jack Black won the weekend. Congratulations, congratulations to Jack Black.
Speaker 1: All right? Coming up next to Dallas company makes a shocking claim. That's next on the Ben and Skin Show.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the Ben In Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us. Coming up here in about fifteen minutes or so.
Speaker 1: We got some Bill Murray stuff for you.
Speaker 2: And if you're a fan of Bill Murray like we are, I think you're really going to dig this. But before we get into all that, we need to get into something that I'm just gonna go ahead and claim is junk science.
Speaker 1: And here with Moore is Kevin.
Speaker 4: Christina buckle up. Jurassic Park type situation going on here. Okay, Dallas based company Colossal Biosciences, which I've never heard of, announced today that they've recreated the once extinct dire wolf. Officially, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 3: I think this is the same company as trying to bring back the Mammoth as well.
Speaker 4: They're always in the news for the wooly mammoth. They do that for ten years. They find a fossil and they're like, we're going to extract some DNA.
Speaker 1: That's a dire wolf.
Speaker 4: So direwolf is a wolf that was around a long time ago, but it became more famous recently because it was in Game of Thrones. But it was an actual animal. Okay, is it bigger, bigger than the actual wolf? Bigger head?
Speaker 2: Is it one that like a lady can talk to and summon and all the wolves show up like she does with dragons in.
Speaker 4: The fictional world. Yes, I wouldn't know, because they were walking America twelve five hundred years ago. So if anyone says they think they know about humans interacting with dire wolves, have to calm a liar. No one was around back then.
Speaker 3: It's smart to bring them back, really smart.
Speaker 4: This is where I'm thinking we've got a problem because they're claiming that they First of all, when was the ice age?
Speaker 1: Okay, now that's that's mic lower right there. I think they played it at THETT and Bull ice Age.
Speaker 2: Well, I just I guarantee you there's humans and dire wolves interacting.
Speaker 1: Why did the dire wolf go away? Cigarettes? Smoking and smoking?
Speaker 2: Because if you think about where they were they in, like the Tobacco Road area of the Carolinas and all.
Speaker 4: That two point six million years ago to eleven thousand years ago, the ice age.
Speaker 2: If you if you let dire wolves come back, and you're talking about a giant headed wolf, it's just out there. It's not going to be dire wolves that are the problem. It's going to be direwolf owners.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're peaceful. I would let my baby sit in that dire wolf's mouth. Oh yeah, But it's the it's the owners who let their dire wolves out that train their dire.
Speaker 2: Wolves to be angry, no leash. I would let a dire wolf raise my kids.
Speaker 4: Ben Lamb is the CEO of Colossal Bioscience. He oh, you're thinking Mike the third Baseman. This guy has used his company's own technology to be half man, half Lamb.
Speaker 2: Oh man with Lamb, Oh, that's great man with Lamb.
Speaker 4: He said, our team took DNA from a thirteen thousand year old tooth and a seventy two thousand year old skull and made healthy dire wolf puppies. They birned three litters and listen this is where they have a place for them.
Speaker 1: He just taking down to the dog park. They're at a preserve.
Speaker 4: They they've employed ten full time animal care staff, and there's a preserve that's enclosed by a ten feet tall zoo grade fence.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is Jurassic Park. This is all this is.
Speaker 4: It's very confusing, and they're claiming this without pictures too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course they are.
Speaker 2: What is the dire wolf gonna do when it grows up and realizes it's like there's not a lot of him.
Speaker 4: I think that's where they'll make more. Right, are they they have? For sure?
Speaker 1: They mentioned are.
Speaker 4: They mass producing the dire wolf? There's two male, one female.
Speaker 2: Okay, a crazy video. It's the type of content I'm interested in.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they had they both had litters, and so they're not going to mate with their brothers and sisters. They're gonna mate with the other litter and then go from there.
Speaker 7: Right, I don't know, Listen, I'm hung on bottom with Ben said, so the wolves wolves try not to make dire eye contact at all, but they're both in the mix, untouching one.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't one man.
Speaker 2: Wolf just sit back and have a couple of lady wolves come up.
Speaker 1: That's it even better. Yeah, but the way they did it, why did they do it that way? Kevin?
Speaker 4: I think one of them, the one that that was birth first, was really into the White Lotus and got his younger brother.
Speaker 1: That is the most shocking thing in TV history. And by the way, White Lotus finale last night thoughts wonderful, just wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 3: I can't really spoil it, you can't say.
Speaker 2: I wait, so is it the end of the season and next year they're going to like to bed or something because they go to an exotic locale.
Speaker 4: But it's different every year. It's all it's all great, it's so good.
Speaker 3: They're going away from the ocean this time.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you can't trust who said that, really who he said to HBO cameras, to people who watch the postgame show.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, okay, the postgame show.
Speaker 2: So to wrap it up, when will dire wolves be walking around Dallas Fort Worth? When do people need to be on alert?
Speaker 4: I think at least a couple of years, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna have to keep your dire wolf on a leash, right, Yeah, of courk. Yeah, you can't just let it roam.
Speaker 1: All right. There you have it coming up next. Bill Murray's in the news. Why is that? We'll explain momentarily.
Speaker 2: All Right, if you're not sure what's for dinner tonight, how about a Hurtado barbecue. There are locations in fort Worth and Mansfield and Arlington, two locations of Globe Life Field. And now there's a location in Dallas at the Farmers Market. Great for people watching and great for barbecue consumption. We love Brandon Hurtatto, his family's own spin on MEXICU. Mexican barbecue is really good. And you know a lot of those Texas Rangers players eats their heck, a lot of people in DFW there because it might be the greatest barbecue in the history of BBQ. So go check out the greatness of Hurtado Barbecue. But before we move on to some sports, we will get into some Rangers talk. We will talk about some Cowboys rumors. Maybe they are going to trade up for KT's guy all the way up to number two. Who knows, there are rumors percolating. There's a lot of Bill Murray news out there.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's because he resurfaced for the SNL fiftieth reunion, or I'm seeing him on.
Speaker 2: Social media a lot. I know he's going on a lot of podcasts. Bill Murray finds himself in the news quite a bit.
Speaker 1: KT. He's got a bunch of.
Speaker 4: Movies coming out, so yeah, called The Friend. He's got a movie with Pete Davidson.
Speaker 2: I know that movie with Naomi Watts was very well received at the film festivals. Okay, and if I remember correctly, I don't want to give anything away, but it's they put the plot out there and it's about it's anyways, it's getting tons of love.
Speaker 1: And is Bill Murray's gotten older?
Speaker 2: Obviously he's done more indie kind of films and the stuff he did when he was like cranking out Ghostbuster money.
Speaker 4: So a couple of years ago he was on the set of this movie. This movie is going to be directed by A Z's in Sorry, and it was him and Seth Rogan and Kekey Palmer were the leads. Y'all know Kekey Palmer, right, She is hilarious and kind of her in everywhere. I don't know what you've seen her in, but she's been in stuff. She's very funny. I look her und she is uh oh, yeah, she's great. Yeah, she's very edgy and funny. So there was a you know, on the side of the movie. And then all of a sudden you hear the story. Okay, well this movie stopped production because of something Bill Murray did on set. Right, And for all these years, you know, you hear a couple of things here and there, but nothing to ever concrete. Well, the New York Times just did a full profile, big and long interview with Bill Murray, and here is what he says happened. He says, someone that I worked with, that I had lunch with on various days of the week during COVID, we were all wearing masks. It's something I had done to someone else before, and I thought it was funny, and every time it happened, it was funny. I was wearing a mask and I gave her a kiss, and she was wearing a mask. It wasn't like I touched her, but it was just I gave her a kiss through a mask and she wasn't a stranger. It still bothers me that this movie was stopped by the Human Rights or h and R of the Disney corporation, which is probably a little bit more strided than some other countries. It turned out there were pre existing conditions and all this kind of stuff, and I'm like, what, how was anyone supposed to know anything like that? There was no conversation, there was nothing, There was no peace making, nothing. It went to this arbitration, which if anyone ever suggests to you go to arbitration, don't do it. Never do it because you think it's justice and it isn't. So basically, he said, it's still funny to give someone a kiss through a mask. It's very stupid and it shouldn't have shit down the movie, but it did.
Speaker 2: I I agree with him, like he may have crossed a line. In fact, let's just say he crossed the line, but that shouldn't shut down the production of a movie. No, like groping someone, obviously, any sort of like sexual misconduct. I get all that. I don't consider this to be sexual misconduct.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 6: I mean, she didn't want it at all, and it's if I mean, just think about it.
Speaker 1: If Christina, if you're wearing a mask and I was wearing a mask, I walked up and masked him. I mean, that's not okay, right, No, it's not okay.
Speaker 4: I stopped off our radio show for that day. Oh now radio can never stop.
Speaker 1: I think somebody would be fired. And if you're on a movie, how do you get fired from the movie, Like, you know what I mean? Like that's a that's a pretty significant violation. I think that's yeah. I think that's crossing the line. Man.
Speaker 4: I really think twenty twenty two is such a different time than twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: It's not it's light years of I mean, it's light year.
Speaker 4: Because because it is Disney, it was Disney's angle. More of we're shutting it down because of the improper conduct or because you broke COVID protocol.
Speaker 3: Could be both, right, So to.
Speaker 1: Which I would say, why are we making a movie with people if we're all at asking?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, But I just I mean I can't get past like the woman just being there hanging out with a mask and somebody thinks it's okay to come kiss her through a mask.
Speaker 1: Well, he's okay.
Speaker 2: According to him, He's saying, this is a person I hung with every single day.
Speaker 4: He said, they went to lunch multiple times.
Speaker 2: But if she didn't have a problem with that, there'd be no problem, right right, I agree, I agree. I'm not saying he should have done it. I'm just saying the idea that that should have shut down a movie is insane to me.
Speaker 4: It's an irresponsible thing to do. From mayas what I'm about to do. But I just pulled up the cast of the movie, and you know, Seth Rogan, he Key Palmer, your lead Keky Palmer does not strike me as someone who would shut down a movie.
Speaker 1: Because of that.
Speaker 4: I think she's she's funny, and I would know who Bill Murray was, and I mean, dude, you would be cool.
Speaker 2: But it would have to be somebody who like, was so deeply offended and doesn't need the opportunity, right, because to kill a whole movie is to kill everyone involved in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe maybe the intent was not to kill the movie, but Disney, like he said, Disney got involved and they're like.
Speaker 1: And it was a way different time. Yeah, like a way different time.
Speaker 4: I'm not seeing many other women in this movie. So there's not even any speculation out there.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it could have also been it could have been his uh makeup artist, it could have been production drug. Yeah, it could have been any number of people. But it's again to shut down the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a movie based on a book, and I was interested because Seth Roganville Murray A Z's directing it. Kicky Palmer, I've learned to have seen moore of her the last couple of years. Yeah, and we'll probably never hear from it again, So I mean why, I guess the other thing is part of it too.
Speaker 2: Might have been that the theater or the studio had cold feet. And it could have been too that they were very fearful because Seth Rogan is so associated with James Franco and Ausi's I'm sorry he had already been through what he had been through that they felt like that would become a toxic story in general.
Speaker 3: Well, and then when did all the Bill Murray stuff come out too, because he was going through it for a while. Yeah, with all of his past stuff, and that probably, I mean obviously just added to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so, you know, the more you look into that Diz's thing, the more you realize he get barbecued as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't really do anything wrong.
Speaker 2: He was aggressive on a date, according to according to I mean, I read that whole transcript and I was like, okay, I mean, I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you what I saw, something really horrible. It's a Christina's in one of your bands here, brand New. I read that whole thing, and that is bad that you read the latest one I read.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, because they were in town just a few weeks ago. I wanted to go. I didn't go, and now I'm glad I didn't.
Speaker 4: So this girl posted a whole thing about how the lead singer of this band Brand News named Jesse Lacy. The first time she went to see Brand New, she was fifteen at the Ridgeley Theater in Fort Worth. Oh wow, right, a special place for a lot of people. Yeah, but then she goes into how his like grooming mechanisms, and then the people started dragging her mom. This is i thing she just wrote a couple of days ago. Right, she's twenty seven now, and now people are like attacked. Well, your parents are fing you know, horrible for like letting you get VIP access to Brand News shows when you were fifteen. But the way he was grooming is so insane. We're talking seven hours of the world of warcraft. We're talking a lot of pet names chatting online. Very strange and they just had a reunion show sold out the Bomb Factory. Second hand tickets were unbelievable because I knew people who wanted to go, and like, I can't pay five hundred dollars to go see brand New, but they never play and uh that's kind of wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, yes, all right. Coming up next, let's get into some sports rumors about the Cowboys trading up to the number two pick and a great weekend for your local baseballers. That's next on The Bin and Skin Show, ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: The Eagle hearing that Danzig song reminds me coming up later. In fact, it's going to be in the next segment. Katie's going to do a movie review from two thousand and seven. But I did rewatch Brain Candy last night, the Kids in the Hall movie.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Probably we need you to catch up on. We're doing Brand Candy.
Speaker 2: Probably late nineties, early two thousands. I don't remember that, no, you know what, I think it was nineteen ninety six now that I But anyways, serious, there's a whole scene where Bruce McCall is playing Glenn Danzig up on stage singing.
Speaker 1: You gotta see Brain Candy. It's a must.
Speaker 2: Everyone stop what you're doing and watch the classic kids in the whole movie Brains.
Speaker 1: Did your wife not do you the White Lotus? Uh? No, amazing.
Speaker 2: We watched Brain Candy, Dude, she loves brain Candy. It's a good flashback movie. It's a great movie from the nineties.
Speaker 1: You'll enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Like you're doing a bit sometimes.
Speaker 1: Right now, I do believe it's time for this.
Speaker 8: Now, let's go around the sports.
Speaker 1: KTU tweets has all the sports.
Speaker 4: Ye, so we all can agree that the Dodgers bought everything when they decided to sign O'tanni Tolack a billion dollar deal and then not pay him until like fifteen years later. Yeah, but kind of like, Okay, they're doing deferrals. They're cheating the system.
Speaker 1: They can get anybody they want, they could pay any amount of money. They're deferring money into the future. They're absolutely buying it. I'll have you know that.
Speaker 4: A nine and two start out of the gate for the Dodgers just a scoch better than you're eight and two first place Texas Rangers. Lookout, American League, We're coming for that ass. The Giant eight one two Rangers eight and two they got a sweep. They have not lost a series yet, and they were in Chicago, where as of three hours ago, it was snowing at Wrigley Field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard there is a chance that there will be snow during this game tonight.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean probably means the guys are gonna get hurt.
Speaker 2: Why are we knocking out so much National League stuff so early in the season.
Speaker 1: In your League's part of it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: That early?
Speaker 2: I uh, you know, I I pulled up the to watch the Ranger game the other night and it was on Apple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Friday night. Uh so Friday night they were the game of the week on Apple because I thought I had to buy victory, which I haven't bought yet.
Speaker 1: But Victory's great.
Speaker 2: But that's how you get them right. It's like one hundred dollars for the whole season season. Yeah, and it's easy, it's very it's good.
Speaker 1: Like you just buy the app on your smart TV.
Speaker 4: It's just like and the pre and postgame show has Jared Sandler and he's got a little desk on the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, you're in the post gum show. They ran around the bases. He's been doing that a bunch with Elvis too. Elvis is involved quite a bit when you download Victory Plus, you know, because you can get the Star stuff for free.
Speaker 1: So but there's a way to go in there and then order the Rangers once you're in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought, I thought to be very easy and like, hey, I gotta go. Uh you know with the other day we were I forgot what we're doing. We're going to the store or something, and I was like, oh, you should go ahead and get it. And I was set in my car and just watch the Rangers on my phone for a minute. Nice, very convenient, and I'm glad that everyone in the Metroplex can get this now because it hasn't been the case for the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the whole the way you started this talking about the Dodgers, that could end up ruining our enjoyment of this baseball season at the end of the day, because the Rangers are good enough to win the American League, Like they could be the best team in the American League. This could be an absolute juggernaut team. But it will be unfair if they get to the World Series and they're playing this bought team that's basically the Nash on League All Star team.
Speaker 1: That part is scary to.
Speaker 4: Me that the Dodgers may although I just don't think baseball happens to really work that way. Baseball's prime for upsets in the playoffs and things like that. But it does scare me that the Dodgers just go like the the league can't handle a team just going on a run for three or four years and dominating and where no one else feels like they have a chance. Baseball can't take that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I felt like that's the way it was with the Yankees about twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Was it not?
Speaker 4: Baseball was different than because of drugs? Oh okay, the steroids made everything, but just Skin's point, they were buying it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just I feel like I picked an amazing time to be a Dodgers fan and the way that this has worked out for me.
Speaker 1: Did y'all watch any of the Final four on Saturday? No? I did, And I hate that I missed it. Man.
Speaker 2: I Uh, I feel like I should be openly rooting for Houston just because we're from Texas. But I was kind of sad to see that comeback, like I kind of wanted to see like whenever, Okay, So here's Cooper Flag and he's supposed to be the next big thing, and I kind of figured out watching him the other night, was like, man, he's.
Speaker 1: Lamar Odom with a jumper. Okay, Like that's what his game is.
Speaker 2: If you watch the way he dribbles, the way he moves, how he sees things, he reminds me of lamar Odom. He's sure he got here, just he's got a really good jumper. And for him to miss that shot in their season to end after the Houston went on an eleven to one run in about a minute forty to win that thing, and I was sitting there disappointed because I wanted I don't even care about Duke, but I wanted to see this guy that I think is about to, you know, as a rookie, have an impact in the NBA. I wanted to see him keep going and doing heroic stuff.
Speaker 1: And now I'm like, it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of disappointed that it's Houston Florida tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that Florida point guard though. Yeah, Clayton's amazing. Yeah he's a baller, but he's you know, is he is he a second round pick? Like I don't people are not talking about him Tilly first, dude he is. Now he's got some brass, but he did the Texas Tech always a national champion. Twip Okay.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, KT reviews a movie that is not new, very much like my Rihanna album review.
Speaker 1: That's coming up next. You don't want to miss it, all right? Couple of Cowboys rumors out there, but I couldn't. I couldn't find this one online.
Speaker 2: I was driving in and I was listening to the fan and they were talking about rumors. They were hearing that the Cowboys could trade up to the number two pick and presumably to draft Travis Hunter. Now, the idea that they would trade up to get Travis Hunter is something KT has been bringing up. You said, you want to see that happen.
Speaker 4: I would love for that to happen, just because it's not boring, and the Cowboys have been boring for a long time.
Speaker 1: They have been boring. But Skin, I've got an opportunity from here for you to choose the trade or stand pat Okay, Okay, So there's that.
Speaker 2: It's an unsubstantiated thing. It may have just been sports talk happening. And there's this from this thing called eighty Z Sports, which I like this. The idea was they did a mock draft and Shador Sanders dropped all the way to twelve. Well, the Cowboys sitting there at the twelfth pick, and the idea is that they would trade back. And so in this mock draft, they basically did a deal with the Steelers. The Steelers traded up to go from twenty first to twelfth, and the Cowboys then dropped from twelve to twenty one and they picked up the eighty third overall pick to do that. And so that's basically a fourth round pick, right which they don't have a fourth round pick.
Speaker 1: So which trade you could take?
Speaker 2: The trade to move up to number two, you're gonna have to go up a hell of a lot, obviously, or stand pad at twelve, or drop back to twenty first.
Speaker 1: Of those three things on the surface, which would you do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need the Steelers third round pick, and I'll give them one of my fifths, okay, and then they'll jump up up, they'll jump up to twelve, and I'll do that deal. Now, if I do that deal, what player do they have me taking at twenty one?
Speaker 1: You know I don't have that.
Speaker 4: This is where I would love Tyler Booker, right guard Alabama.
Speaker 1: At twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, if you can tell me that I'm going to get a player that I really love at twenty one, I don't like if they're gonna jump up that nine spots.
Speaker 1: I need more than a fourth round pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I think you would. Even though you don't have a fourth, you might be more.
Speaker 2: No, what I'm saying like, Steelers, give me your third and I'll give you I'll give you two of those compensatory fifths in return, so you can get two fifths and the twelfth pick, and I'll take your third and the twenty first.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, there's a trade shard for this.
Speaker 2: They also got a twenty twenty six second round pick, but not on this draft. Oh okay, well that's that's that's better. Yeah, yeah, I'm interested. I'll do that if I'm getting a fourth round pick in this draft and another second round pick next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would do that to drop nine spots. Yeah, I'd do that. Yeah, and you could still get somebody you'd like there, right.
Speaker 4: I would need pick fifty right around there, So wherever they are, they would probably have pick what forty forty four?
Speaker 1: They would have pick fifty three. So yeah, I would take pick fifty three, uh huh.
Speaker 4: And then I'm gonna need them to give me some more so a second and then like a sweetener, a fifth, yeah or something like that.
Speaker 2: But you guys would rather trade back get extra picks than stand pad or trade up or I don't want to trade out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not a team that's an obsession. I would be. I would consider it for Travis Hunter. It would be juicy and it would be spicy. We do have the Today game coming up. We also have the top ten casual dining restaurants by sales, and then a weekly weekday update, a Measles update for you, and we'll talk a little Maps basketball. But before we move forward, KT, you've been to the movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the weather suck this weekend, Like on Saturday, it's just very dreary. I need something to do. And I saw that Almo Draft House right near where I live in Richardson was showing, you know. I was like, okay, I really don't want to see the Minecraft movie. We even had like a couple of coupons, you know, so I was like, all right, this is good. We need to burn this but they're showing No Country for old Men.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: So that was the selection At noon on Saturday. We were just talking about it. I know, I've been wanting to thinking about one to see No Country Folmen and there will be Blood because there are two movies everyone's talked about my entire life. But I was just nineteen, so I just did I don't know, I just didn't do it. So No Country Woman in the theater?
Speaker 1: Great? How was it? Movie? Rules so good?
Speaker 2: How did I not do that? How have I never seen it? Are you into Cohen Brothers movies in general?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I like the Fargo, you know, background of it all. So yeah, this movie.
Speaker 3: I have not seen this movie.
Speaker 2: I can't tell if you're Tommy Lee Jones fan or a Tommy What do you think about his performance?
Speaker 4: How was he nominated for Best Lead Actor? He's the soul of the movie and Josh Brolin was not. But he's the soul of the movie. I understand your point.
Speaker 2: In other words, I would say Broland's the protagonist, but the soul of the movie is Tommy Lee Jones.
Speaker 1: That's ultimately what the movie is about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, I thought Javier Bardemin that is it was brilliant too. That was like such a scary portrayal of a character. I think he won. He won Death Personified. Yeah, he won Best Supporting Actor for Anyone. And that whole scene with that tubby guy that owns the gas station, yeah, where he's scared.
Speaker 4: He I don't know if I want you to flip that on, So tell me what you're we're flipping for the thing. The best actor, by the way, was Daniel day Lewis. And There will be Blood, which I play on zeeing. Okay, next time Alimo draft House wants to show that they got great they got one ticket. The thing about this movie that I did not enjoy, it's just kind of your bumbling, dumb decision. Country guy Josh Brolin got himself into a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: It could have been avoided.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but very handy saw it off shotgun, very nice the hotel.
Speaker 1: There's some smart strategy to play.
Speaker 4: It reminded me of some of my favorite episodes of Fargo and the movie Fargo, and I loved it, and ever, once you go watch it, it's great.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 2: But okay, so you went and saw a movie from two thousand and seven in the theaters. The strangest thing happened to us. I told you guys, me and my wife went and saw a Black Bag week and a half ago.
Speaker 1: They're showing previews for movies.
Speaker 2: So at the Epic sometime this fall, they're showing Miss Congeniality.
Speaker 4: Bring It Back.
Speaker 1: What what weird? I was sitting there. I mean they showed the entire preview.
Speaker 4: It's twenty five year anniversary, bro, and if you really cared, you'd know that.
Speaker 1: But was that movie that mattered?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was big with me and my sister.
Speaker 1: Really? Yes, Okay, what's it about.
Speaker 2: It's she's an FBI agent, ben and she goes undercover in the Miss America pageant so they can discover Sandra Bully. Yeah, hey boy, she's rough around the edges, but man, she cleans up nice. Now Benjamin Bratt has noticed her. Oh my gosh, this is so funny. I mean, dude, it looked terrible.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I saw the preview and I remember when it came out, and I'm just like, this is like, uh, you know whatever, Kate Hudson movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a chick flick.
Speaker 1: It's not for you. But it's such her movies too, though, I'll watch her movies too. She looks good, he look good.
Speaker 3: There's other like models in it. You know, they're in a pageant. They're doing pageantry.
Speaker 2: There's a scene where she runs and jumps off the stage and tackles a guy. It's comedy, and it's like, oh, it's definitely enough. I mean, dude, it's not for a film student.
Speaker 4: Do you think that all you're saying, I'm I'm just taking this, I'm deducing this from your tone. Yeah, that you don't think anybody, including women, should be allowed to go watch this movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's a leap.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying when we're doing repertory films like No Country for Old Men, multiple Academy Award winner or not.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, I tell you the theater was full, buddy, we're trying to sell tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't do well at the box office of Miss Congeniality.
Speaker 4: Do well, maybe one hundred twelve million dollars. All right, all right, it's very good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Coming up next, it's the Today game right here on the Eagle. All right, big five o'clock hour, coming up here on the Eagle with the Ben and skin Show, Ben Rogers, Jeff Skinwad, Kevin KT Turner, and Christina would you call her little baby corn Bread?
Speaker 9: My little baby corn Bread?
Speaker 1: Ray k Ray, Ray Ray. We are holding it down here for the whole five o'clock hour. Coming up at about five point forty five when the big finish a sausage recall that could impact one of our lives. Try to figure out who it is.
Speaker 2: A little MAVs talk coming up for you at about five thirty or so. And we have Luca returning to Dallas on Wednesday night, and man, I had a friend reach out to me during one of these last commercial breaks.
Speaker 1: Going, hey, you want to go to that game? Oh? Hell? And the best ticket he could find on secondary ticket market that wasn't in the upper level, So the best seat he could find in the lower bowl was six hundred and fifty bucks a piece. Yeah, dude, you got to do that? Why, I don't know. I'm definitely not gonna do.
Speaker 2: You know what's gonna suck is people are gonna spend all that money and Luca's not gonna play, Okay.
Speaker 4: On told you because cause he's gonna get.
Speaker 2: Hurt or or or or does he stick it to the Mavericks by not playing. In other words, I know, I know you guys want to have a big night here. I'm back as I'm not gonna play. I think like it's just, you know, the second night of a back to back for them. So load management, because because he's fat, are you gonna let him talk like that?
Speaker 1: Christina, you just.
Speaker 3: Said load management and I'm hung up on that.
Speaker 1: So oh, that's.
Speaker 2: The new Alexis Texas podcast. Load Management. We got a weekly weekday update coming up at about five point fifteen, unfortunately an update on measles cases. But right now, here's Kevin K. T. Turner with a list of sorts.
Speaker 1: I had a.
Speaker 4: Feeling I did not No one saw this coming. I saw this. Top ten casual dining chains in terms of their sales in twenty twenty four. So who dominated twenty twenty four and why is this list just now coming out in April of twenty twenty five? Top ten casual dining chains?
Speaker 1: Load Management?
Speaker 4: You didn't need first, we need to know your buzzing words, Christina, Pizza skin.
Speaker 1: Luca will not play on Wednesday night because of load management.
Speaker 2: Ben iron Dong, let's play the feud, Iron Dong Luca will not play on Wednesday night because of load management.
Speaker 1: Chili's Chilli baby back rips. Number threepe who wants.
Speaker 2: To Uh Luca will not plan Wednesday night because of load management.
Speaker 1: Uh Chipotle, ooh.
Speaker 4: Ooh Chipotle, he says, not.
Speaker 3: There, Christina, all right, pizza yeah, Applebee's.
Speaker 4: Jesus, He's so happy when she said Applebee's.
Speaker 1: But number four, so wow, would you like to pass or play? Okay, I'm gonna play. He's gonna play.
Speaker 4: Heyes, and gentlemen, Ben Rogers will play feud on Monday. Let's define the category top ten casual dining chains in terms of sales.
Speaker 1: Casual dining that. Can it have a drive through? Who's he asking is it? Does it have a drive through?
Speaker 4: Have you been to a Chiliser and Applebee's lately that has a drive Okay, good, thank you, my counter. But it sits the feud, bro. So you're saying there's nothing on the list of the drive through, appreciate it. I don't see one, but there are some of these that have it to.
Speaker 2: Go Okay, of course, uh Tgi fridaysga.
Speaker 4: Fridays, He says, thank god, it's Friday.
Speaker 1: Huh all right, Uh, I love PGA Fridays Round two. I don't get out and do a lot of casual dining.
Speaker 9: Formal, ben.
Speaker 2: We might do some fast food or some fine dining, but not a lot of casual in the middle. And if Chipotle's not on there, I'm devastated. That destroys the whole category for me. Okay, say subway, all right, so on the border.
Speaker 1: It's too thus far Okay.
Speaker 4: Christina said you had fourth, you would be next.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought we'd do it together. Give me Bennigans, Benigans. Why do you say the imagine a time mission.
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety nine?
Speaker 2: Though I thought I would guess like five or six of them. Then they'd be hard for them to guess one.
Speaker 3: Yep, Christina, Okay, I got a good one. I went here maybe three weeks ago, out back steakhouse.
Speaker 1: Let's go just right, number seven, Let's get it. That's all I needed right now. You keep on. So did Mike Roy take you there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: He did because he used to work there a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Wait, he was Australian.
Speaker 3: He and Cash used to work it out back in Florida.
Speaker 1: They both did. Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 4: The winner of this game will be who gets the last one correct, so just shutters. Oh hell yeahs coming good? Guess strike one?
Speaker 3: How about Chewis.
Speaker 1: Texas? All right? Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Give me pizza hut. Oh my god, all right, wait, I get ye, he does, he does? He does? Get three.
Speaker 2: That's give me Buffalo wild Wings number five. Bob was okay, the Buffalo. Those commercials are funny. Uh give me, I think I think this is too local. Give me Oh uh.
Speaker 1: What is that that Phil Romano thing?
Speaker 2: That Phil Romano thing. Yeah, it's I'm blinking on the name of that. How much time does he get? It's the Italian place.
Speaker 4: Uh the it's not the Italian place.
Speaker 2: No, that's not the name of the restaurant, butthole. It's a Phil Romano Italian restaurant. I think it's called no, no, no, it's called.
Speaker 1: Crap time. You can draw in the kitchen. You're out on the table. I got two things to go anyway, I'll say one more.
Speaker 4: Okay, finally, finally, Red Robin, I know miss fire numbers.
Speaker 1: Clutch, He's alive, let's clutch. What else? Top ten casual diners in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about if you think about some of these places selling Red Lobster. So could this be the greatest come story of all time? A lot of people knew that Red rob Lobster and Red Robin would both be.
Speaker 1: On their back to back right. I'm gonna go with a little restaurant from we back in the day.
Speaker 4: One that people love to Phil Romono's Place, Phil Romono's Classic Place.
Speaker 2: Three, so many people know it too. I'm gonna say spaghetti where. I'm gonna go with the Olive Garden number two.
Speaker 4: We're still missing one, six and eight.
Speaker 1: I'm still alive, right, okay? Uh?
Speaker 4: Texas Roadhouse number one, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Chili's your top three casual dining spots last year.
Speaker 1: One is a steakhouse, Steak and Ale for the seafood lover in you.
Speaker 2: No Longhorn Steakhouse Fili. I've heard of it, but I've never been to. Did you just give yourself a right answer?
Speaker 1: Number eight?
Speaker 2: I'll give you a clue, flatio is that an offer clue? I'll give you another clue.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, I know I know cheesecake factory.
Speaker 3: Correct clue.
Speaker 1: I think we can all agree.
Speaker 4: Been one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this game.
Speaker 4: There was a story the top ten Texas Roadhouse of how much do y'all think they got? Is number one? How much money do you think they got in sales last year?
Speaker 1: Lease one hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: I know that everyone I go to is always packed, Yes, and everybody loves it. In your family and no matter of their young or old, it's always it's always slaps. How about eighty million dollars in revenue in Texas alone?
Speaker 1: Lower fifty lower? Wait, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's not right, because one location will do twenty twenty four US sales Texas Roadhouse five point five million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's increct. I think one will do that. Think.
Speaker 2: I think the location in prosper did like seventeen million last year. I think that's the month of April. Kevin m oh put the system on trial.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 2: You think you think a massive chain is staying in business When they did five million in revenue for the year.
Speaker 4: They didn't put enough zeros there. That's five billions. Let's go yeah, more like okay, restaurant business. That's the name of this website, never going to you again business.
Speaker 2: Well, and that makes me want to have Texas Roadhouse for dinner. All right, there you have it, Top ten casual dining restaurants by stats. Coming up next in the weekly weekday Update, an update on the Measles, and then we'll do a little MAVs talk. Luca is coming back to town. All that's coming your way in the five o'clock hour right here on the Benninskin Show. You know it goes with National Championship Game basketball. Pizza pizza from Andrews American Pizza Kitchen right there in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen is the best pizza in town. Is voted by the Dallas Morning newsreaders five different styles and it's all delicio so oh, it's so so good. They got a great bar too, So if you want to go watch National Championship Game up there, sit at the bar, drink cold beer on tap, and eat delicious pizza. Preston and Plano Parkway. It is Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 7: And now it's time for Sweet Day Day featuring veteran news anchor Katie fun Tweets.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Connor, appreciate it. That was smooth man.
Speaker 4: You know when I did that edit.
Speaker 1: When I did that edit, I was.
Speaker 4: Chalk taw.
Speaker 1: So the casinos a lot of slot machines winning. You know, we could maybe do that back. No, I like it had a slot machine sound too it, Cristina, we should be good.
Speaker 3: And I could have told you Hakti that wasn't It wasn't very clean.
Speaker 4: But from what it was a.
Speaker 1: Chalk taw, it sounded great. And then I didn't take time over the weekend to check it. No, that's on me. That's on Ben. I like to wear it.
Speaker 4: This is like me when I put the mask on and kiss that actress on her mask. It's my I'm gonna get barbecued. Look Bill Murray and I'm back measles though.
Speaker 1: Guys. Yeah, here's the deal.
Speaker 4: There's a person who tested positive for mes uh he well they they them. I don't know if it's to hear or she visited Grapevine last week. This is between March twenty eighth and March thirtieth. Okay, they stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge, a hotel and water park. Oh god, and they were contagious.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 4: They also visited Grapevine Mills Mall in March twenty ninth. Meanwhile, second child with measles in Texas died. Eight year old girl died in the hospital in Lubbock.
Speaker 1: That's horrible.
Speaker 4: So I've written into a lot of people who are not They kind of hear about measles whatever, But it's kids now, multiple kids are dying of it.
Speaker 1: Maybe we shouldn't be like whatever.
Speaker 2: I think the reason there whatever is because we had figured out a way to completely eradicate the disease and now it's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that smells.
Speaker 4: The Tarrett County Public Health Department says anyone who is at either of the Grapevine locations and is unvaccinated or unsure of their vaccination status is at risk of contracting measles. Isn't everyone unsure of their measles? Well, no one remembers that when they got it.
Speaker 2: Isn't it a mandatory one like when you're first born? It used to be, Oh, it's not anymore. Yeah, so mmrs covered all kinds of stuff. And it used to be that you couldn't get into a public school if you weren't vaccinated on that hurt too. Now I don't know if that's changed or not. I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I thought that to enroll your kids in public school in Texas you had to have the mmrs.
Speaker 4: Four hundred and eighty one confirmed cases.
Speaker 1: Now that.
Speaker 2: Whatever, I mean, it's really not that many, except that it's a disease that had been eradicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the part that sucks, like it was gone, it was gone. Uh.
Speaker 4: But and this again, some of this began in a Mennonite community in West Texas. Mennonite. I don't know what that means, which is like they're always I knew what minda Knights wore back the way back, couldn't give you a very great definition.
Speaker 2: But I always think of like a Texas Mormon. Are the guys in the song living in a land down under?
Speaker 4: They? Uh, they just they live in their own little community, their homeschooled.
Speaker 1: A Mendon Knight. He gave me a bag of mic sandwich. It's very strange. It's unusual, I guess, free to do what they want.
Speaker 4: Do you know what you're looking for?
Speaker 1: Though? Get the bees? You know what you're looking for? Is that the one where your peen burns? No, that's something else, completely, sir. I think what is it.
Speaker 4: Red eyes, blotchy rash that starts at the scalp behind the ears and spreads down the body. See when you kind of turning it into the teen wolf. That's how you'll know, well, you'd be a human wolf. I guess, yeah, what about dire wolf. That's how you would know itchy scalp here lately the top?
Speaker 1: Then could you scratch the back of Kevin's head for him? I'm not comfortable doing it. He I've seen him in pictures with red eyes.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it's interesting, like going down the slide at the Great Wolf Lodge.
Speaker 2: Interesting, that's a great that's a great bet payoff for an adult to.
Speaker 4: Go down the slides with measles to go there.
Speaker 3: That's what's very unclear, right, I don't think intentionally that would.
Speaker 1: Be a great bet payoff.
Speaker 2: You gotta go to the Great Wolf Lodge by yourself, without your kids, and just go have fun there all day. Spend the day on your trumps out there, splash around with the kids, take a frizbeet roll them.
Speaker 1: Watching that guy for like an hour and a half, He's not even talking to anyone. Why does he have the glitter beer and so many friends? All Right? There you have it.
Speaker 2: There's the weekly week day update coming up next Luca returns to Dallas. We discuss it coming up here momentarily right here on the Eagle. That's right, Allie. And this is the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Ben Rodgers, Jeff skin Wade, Christina Cornbread, Little Baby Cornbread, Kray Rayray Ray, and Kevin kt funtweets Turner having a good time today.
Speaker 1: Thanks for rolling with us.
Speaker 2: This segment right here is brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. You could own a piece of Dallas's most luxurious Amphitheater, redefining the way you experience concerts.
Speaker 1: Just go to Sunset Texas dot com for.
Speaker 2: Information on how you could own a fire pit suite or join the Akman Club, which is crazy exclusive and really really cool. This is really great what they're doing. This is coming to McKinney in twenty twenty six. You can secure your suite right now. Those you could have tickets to every single concert that comes through that McKinney venue forever. The Sunset at mckinne Amphitheater, Sunset Texas dot Com. But right here we want to get into a little MAVs talk, and on Wednesday, you've got Luka Dancic returning to Dallas Fort Worth as a Laker, and man.
Speaker 1: This has me all in my feels.
Speaker 2: I'm just started to get over at the realization that he's gone, and it's all so painful. I think it's one of the worst seasons I can ever remember as a sports fan. Just to go from being in the NBA Finals, having a twenty five year old mega superstar that's on your team. You have this like false sense of security, like, man, we're gonna be good for a decade from here, and then suddenly he's traded away and then your whole team gets hurt. It's just been a wild, wild ride, and you know, this is probably, I don't know, the most hurtful, painful moment of it all is going to be him in his you know, former home stadium, wearing Lakers goal. If he plays, I mean, second night of a back to back, you don't think of late. No, I definitely think he's playing, but I think it's fun to throw wild stuff out there. Yeah no, no, no, I think he would sit the Oklahoma City game, especially since the Lakers destroyed Oklahoma City last night. Yesterday afternoon, they hammered him. Did you guys know that the Thunder have the highest point differential in NBA history margin of margin of victory.
Speaker 1: I was with someone who wagers and.
Speaker 2: He was like, wait a minute, the Thunder nine and a half point favorites over the Lakers. I go, dude, I think that's every Thunder game because their point margin is so big. And then we looked it up. It's the biggest in NBA history. No team is at a consistent winning margin like that. Now, the Lakers went in there and absolutely destroyed him, and it was primarily Luca that was getting it done.
Speaker 1: He was just he would not miss.
Speaker 2: So I think there's zero chance he misses the Dallas game unless, and I'm not wanting this obviously, if he were to get tweaked or hurt somehow on Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: There's no way he's missing this. I think he has been dreaming of this.
Speaker 2: It is going to be a home game away from home, Like people are going to wildly cheer is loud as they're cheering for the home team every time he scores or makes a pass or right. So it's gonna be insane. There's no way he misses that.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how to reconcile all the emotions going into it, Like it's just I'm a mess. It's been a it's been a very difficult season. It's been in on top of god, I saw somebody had this. They were like, uh, the Lakers record since the trade and the MAVs record since the trade, and the game's ad has played versus the games that Lucas has played, and obviously that has really wildly been in the Lakers favor and just about every way. You know, the injury plague that has just hammered the Mavericks has just been absolutely brutal. But you know again, I was looking for tickets as this thing, and the worst ticket in the lower bowls going for about six hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a that's a high price ticket, man, that is a I was that the way it was for the finals.
Speaker 1: Do y'all remember how much was one ticket in the lower bowl during the Finals.
Speaker 2: Probably more you think there's more, thousand, Okay, it's it's going it's gonna be so crazy.
Speaker 1: I just don't think there's gonna be it.
Speaker 2: It's hard to articulate what it's going to even be like, because there's never really been anything like this, like even Lebron, So Lebron going back to Cleveland, for example, when he went to Miami. Well, Cleveland was bad, so they were a bottom, they were a terrible team, and Lebron chose to leave right and he actually was from there. I don't I don't know what this would even be like, Like what has ever happened in sports that's like this?
Speaker 1: And I you know, I, I know you get this everywhere you go. I still get it everywhere I go. What happened? Why would the Mavericks do this?
Speaker 2: And people are still scratching their heads and you still get the conspiracy?
Speaker 1: Is it because they're moving the team Vegas?
Speaker 4: Is you know?
Speaker 1: You all this crazy? It doesn't make sense, but but it's so stupid that no one can make sense of it on just a regular level of okay, because you would never trade him for that. I would.
Speaker 2: I would everyone recommend I'm halfway through part two. I would everyone recommend they go read our buddy mark Stein's substack. He dropped, Uh so he's been doing these Luca Q and A's and he dropped Part five yesterday and part six today and he's he's putting it out there, man, yeah, like this stuff.
Speaker 1: Help help paraphrase it for like, explain what it is. What is he saying?
Speaker 2: Okay, like here's a whole section, so he'll have a header, and this is what were Luca's last days as a Maverick like, and so he's going into the whole thinking of the front office after Luca got that injury on Christmas Day and what led up to that. It was his third years, fourth and you know, they told him in the offseason, hey, you need to come back this certain way. And when he came back and wasn't that way, they, according to Stein, they took it as this guy didn't he's not going to listen to us, so we need to move on.
Speaker 1: Now. That's a whole other thing than what they got for him.
Speaker 2: And we've talked about all that, like, because it's so rare that a guy is going to get what's called a super max contract that the agent's going to get involved and try to stop all that. So Let's people are like, well, how come he kept it secret. It's like, okay, I'm gonna trade Luca. Well, then the agent gets involved, and does everything he can to stop the trade. Oh, you you want to trade for the Luca Lakers, Okay, I can guarantee you he'll never sign. Ever, he'll never sign if you do that deal. So go ahead, let's see how it works out. And then then what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And so it's like, I'm not saying I agree with Nico, but that's it's not what people want to hear.
Speaker 1: But that's why he did it that way.
Speaker 2: He didn't want the agent involved in a trade for a guy that was going to be no longer eligible for the Supermax, which so few guys are.
Speaker 1: Eligible, right, But he just low return. I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is here's the reason why you don't have to agree with it, but this is the logic that went into it. And if you want to read how the front office got to where they got with Luca, Stein's pretty much putting it out here.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I would highly recommend you go read it. And the other thing too, is that it's it's not just it's not just Luca. There's other people that have been removed or left the organization on their own accord because things have changed. This happens in every sport. We just haven't had it happen with the Mavericks since Cuban bought the team from Ross Pero Junior. You know, Cubans operated the team in such a unique matter for so long that I can speak from my perspective, I took it for granted. I take it for granted how Mark Cuban operates, right, He's like one of us, a passionate fan who just happens to also be a billionaire.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say that the way that the Mavericks are operating now is how it seems like most major league sports franchises run in North America. Like it's a lot more like this. The way the Mavericks are going about it now is a lot more common. The Mavericks operated like it was just a big family, you know, it was Cuban's extended family. And there's a lot of people that argue that is not the way to run a sports franchise. But you know, I think what Maverick fans are feeling right now, they probably long for that quite a bit. So I wonder what that vibe is going to be like on Wednesday Night, Like, are more people going to be rooting for Luca than are rooting for the MAVs. I think yet everyone in the building will be rooting for Luca, including mav fans. Everyone will be rooting for Luca. There will be times when the Mavericks do stuff well, cheer for the people, cheer for that, but the people that are just there for Luca will not.
Speaker 4: Lets get specific. Then one hundred to one hundred. Uh what MAVs lead one oh one, one hundred. The Lakers inbound the ball with three seconds left. Luca is shooting a shot. What is going through the minds of twenty thousand people? Oh my god, I can't believe I'm here at this moment. And then if the ball goes in, it'll be the loudest cheer you've heard all What do they want to happen? They want Luca to make They want to They want him to make it, and the MAVs to lose. Yes, back iron the crap out of that. They don't want the Mavericks to lose. They want Luca to make the shot. I think there's a difference.
Speaker 1: They would rather.
Speaker 2: They would rather Luca makes a shot and they still MAVs still win by one because they.
Speaker 1: Don't think they're gonna get that.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 1: Welcome his foot was on the line, k T all right, Uh coming up next, it's the big finish. This story hits me hard. There's been a sausage recall. We'll discuss next three days.
Speaker 2: Grace on ninety seven point one The Eagle. It's the been in Skin Show. Thank you everyone for kicking it with us today. Now, this final segment is brought to you by roller tap Own Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas that Big Ben and I are a big part of. And so this is kind of special to us. What's going on this week. It is our conniversary and so when we launched during the pandemic, we launched and we canned everything. We couldn't even have people in the tap room. So every year we celebrate an anniversary July fourth, but we celebrate our canniversary this week. And so while supplies last, all of our to go beer at the brewery is twenty percent off while supplies last, and we have tons of stuff can Rollertown Light, big German, the Octoberfest Lagger that we love La the Cold Ipa we brewed for the good folks.
Speaker 1: Out there, on and on.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at five different IPAs, a couple of different stouts.
Speaker 1: We got a great selection.
Speaker 2: So going up to the brewery this week to celebrate conniversary and get twenty percent off all to go beer while supplies last.
Speaker 1: Now, right now, it's time for this. This thing's big. Here's the story here, Ben.
Speaker 4: Johnsonville is recalling several thousand pounds of broadworst.
Speaker 1: Of course they are. They make an incredible brod.
Speaker 4: They've got a bit of a contamination concern.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, So there's a bunch of nasty sausage in Johnsonville.
Speaker 4: Huh now the sausage, yeah, thank you, Steve. These packages were sold in many states, Texas not being one of them, though, So we're good, We're good. It's the cheddar brought worst, the packages that got five pieces in them.
Speaker 3: Yep, I definitely have some of those in my fridge right now.
Speaker 1: You should check the code. If the code is B nine f O D, then your.
Speaker 7: Folk is that like spotted dick.
Speaker 4: That's a whole different thing, right. That is an interesting food option, this spotted dick. We've always heard about it.
Speaker 1: If you're in the UK. So when I first heard you had this story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got real worried because my wife, who's incredibly frugal, she made sausage and eggs like a concoction this weekend and I was eating it, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, is this sausage still good? And I was like, because I can't trust her on the date of the expiration date on things, because she's so frugal that she's probably like, you know what, it's not worth it to go buy more. You're probably not gonna get that sick. We might as well eat it.
Speaker 2: And you know, she was just raised to be very frugal, and so she's very careful with every penny and it's awesome that she is. I'm the exact opposite, and so I'm eating it. I'm like, this is a little strange tasting. And I couldn't get a straight answer from her.
Speaker 1: Right I was like, she was like, well, she goes, yeah, there's the cell by day, and then you have a couple of days after that, and she started answering it in such a way that I'm like, she's backpedaling, like Dion Sanders right now.
Speaker 2: She was looking for an alibi, and so I kept eating it, though, how was it it wasn't the best. Did I love sausage? Did she put cottage cheese in it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You guys ever put cottage cheese in your eggs? No, not a cottage cheese, man.
Speaker 3: But I've done sour cream and.
Speaker 2: Eggs before, so similarly, it's real similar. It just makes some cream here. And so if you've got some questionable sausage in there with some creamy eggs trying to make a baby, yeah, right there.
Speaker 4: And skillet, well, I found out that spotted dick is a British pudding.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's not a it's not a sausage with chunks of cheddar in it. And it's not a reason to call a doctor about penicillin.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think, although it could be. I don't know.
Speaker 4: But the real reason we're doing this is because of Ben's love for sausage. Let's go back in time.
Speaker 1: It's true. I can't think you're so proud of all sausage, dude.
Speaker 10: Seriously, there's so much sausage in your mouth right now, I'm gonna choke.
Speaker 3: Like the whole pack is supposed to last a week, But now.
Speaker 1: You're like a Jimmy Dean's model. You guys, are gonna make me choke on this sausage. If you know what I'm saying. Everyone knew you were gonna die that way. Put more sausage in your mouth.
Speaker 8: You put an exclamation point on it by shoving more sausage in your mouth.
Speaker 1: They're all just running and jumping in your mouth every time I see those little packages of little mini sausages.
Speaker 8: I'm serious, Christina, Do you know the Heimlich distinct cases?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now, dude, many smokies. I don't know we've ever gotten into that. That might be the greatest sausage.
Speaker 4: Many smokies.
Speaker 2: That's like, uh sausage for little people. There are many smokes. They're like tiny little sausages.
Speaker 3: They're so good, giant bag of.
Speaker 1: Little l I L little smoky.
Speaker 2: You guys ever seen a bunch of little people sitting around eating little sausages.
Speaker 1: No, but I'd love to pay money for it, Honestly, I'm in on that. I'd buy tickets. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So do you guys remember local artists DJ truck Nuts. Oh yeah, he uh dropped a song this is back in COVID days, called sausages and you just can get a lot of traction.
Speaker 1: It should have but it didn't. But here, let's let's revisit. Take the sausage out of your mouth. I'm taking a sausage, brain.
Speaker 3: Little sausages.
Speaker 10: This little Jimmy liked, Jimmy Beeves model sausage.
Speaker 1: Bring the sausage, sausage, two sausages. Let's go. Make me choke, Make me choke, make me choke, choke, choke on this sausage.
Speaker 10: There so much sausage in your mouth right now.
Speaker 1: And then I realized I had some sausage in my pocket, and oh my god, Jimmy, I had an extra sausages.
Speaker 4: Sausage. Break.
Speaker 1: You shoved a giant and sausage in your mouth.
Speaker 4: Make it, take it.
Speaker 1: Bring sausage. Brew because in their gas they can't breathe, and that leaves their hand. What's in which you have your stomach? Take that sausage out of your mouth. Is a sausage, A sausage, sausage.
Speaker 9: More sausage in your mouth.
Speaker 1: You open up your left side, put an exclamation point on it. I shoving more sausage in your mouth. Oh my god, oh my god, you got a bag of sausages. Me.
Speaker 9: I don't understand why bench talking right now.
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 9: I don't understand why pen' stop talking right now?
Speaker 1: What a what a strange approach to a ballad? That's crazy? What that was played? Again?
Speaker 9: I don't understand why pen stop talking right now?
Speaker 1: Is he saying, Jimmy, oh my god, that's incredible? What are you doing? Man? The best sausages? So excited sausages?
Speaker 4: Uh sausages?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 2: All right, that's gonna do it for us. Thank you for sticking around and joined the Ben and Skin Show. Christina is on deck next with more music right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. But for now, we'll leave you with Limp Biscuit