Speaker 1: Bible.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. Media's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. A couple of my favorite people here, Luke and Tiny swaying in here from the Salvation Army. First of all, kids, how are we doing? I know that it has been a very busy time. First off, how do we do on the community meal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it went really well. We ended up serving almost four hundred.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of community participation and just others that came out from different organizations that volunteer. Just want to shout out to all those who did come to help. It's it definitely takes more than just the people that we have present in the building to make all that happen. Here's a lot of moving parts and so we're thankful to all those who came out and participated.
Speaker 1: And I think it went really well.
Speaker 2: I understand when we had some can goods, don't need to buy some. We had schools and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had the schools participate in that way sided it to being the one that had the most right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: There was There was about fifteen thousand, a little over fifteen thousand items that were donated, which is just about what we need to uh to. You had to pull it off and make it all fill all our food paintry boxes to last for the next year. So yeah, a little less than last year, but still right there, really closed, so really good. Yeah, it was a really good year. Wayside knocked it out of the park they always.
Speaker 5: Do, always, and then again we had just you know, it's just a slew of volunteers that came in and helped ye put them in boxes, you know, get them ready for holidays.
Speaker 6: Gotta yetta shout out to the packers and loaders.
Speaker 1: That's right, We're so grateful, Yes we are.
Speaker 2: Now we got the the Angel tree that's up and running. It shouldn't say trees because it was more than one. Tell us little bit about.
Speaker 5: There are some trees in the where you can still go and adopt an angel.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 4: We have some left at the Walmart location, and we have.
Speaker 5: Some at Bell's, and we have a Trudy Bank here downtown has some on that tree as well, and I think that's it as far as yeah, right, locally, but there are some angels still out there they can adopt it. And so you know, there's still time to go out and adopt one, shop for it and get it to our location in time. Distribution is the twenty first, so we're still taking We will take.
Speaker 4: If you're bringing it back before that day, I mean we're going to take it. Yeah, we'll make it work. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that is so cool, this Angel Tree thing that's been going on here for a while. I understand that we had some motorcyclists help out Saturday.
Speaker 1: We did, Yeah, they did. They doing their annual toy run.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure thirty seventh year.
Speaker 1: Is it the thirty seventh year?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, and it had been a while, said thirty seventh year. And they had beautiful weather, which I know everybody was happy about. They've done it and some pretty uh adverse conditions before, so but we had we had beautiful weather. There was two hundred and thirteen bikes and almost three hundred riders and uh and a box full of and a box truck full of toys. So we are definitely thankful for that event. It helps with all our our kind of Angel Tree kids that don't get adopted, we can fill in the blanks with those toys, and it's a very very important event.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know something, this community is good as finding.
Speaker 2: A niche and scratching it as they say, Yeah, there was never mind. But we've got we've got the kettle going on here. I understand, we've got a national challenge.
Speaker 1: What's up we do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Saturday, the Saturday, Oh, it's this Saturday.
Speaker 2: We're getting Luk at calendar for Christmas because he thinks he's going to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: In February too. Yeah, well, Christmas time keeps us busy.
Speaker 3: I told one of the majors the other day, I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 1: He said, you better hope it's not a trunk.
Speaker 6: Saturday.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the fourteenth, we have we have the Red Kettle Challenge. Our goal is to raise two million dollars nationally. Uh you know, our goal here this Christmas is to raise sixty thousand dollars for the year and.
Speaker 1: For Bartlesville, well, the community.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all that money stays in in O Sage, Washington and Newada counties and uh, and we're we're we're getting closed. We definitely, you know, I need as many donations as we can get.
Speaker 1: We got closed. Last year.
Speaker 3: We didn't quite hit our goal. But it's going to be Nick and Nick, and it's an important day. We have some advisory board members, which is you know, community leaders who are going to be out there ringing the bells for us that day at Walmart yep and uh and so I'm not sure we will go out and you know, donate some to the kettles.
Speaker 6: Make it happen, Make it happen, Yeah, make it happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's you know, it's nice to hear the clank of the coins going into the kettle, but you know something there's something to be said about that that doesn't go cliang Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, those soft little dollar bills going in there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. We had some uh we had some really good checks last year.
Speaker 6: Healthy ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice ones. And uh yeah, it's it's always nice to have surprises. So yeah, it is.
Speaker 6: I imagine it is. And this is really great.
Speaker 2: You know, you've got everything really going full tilt down there at the Citadel. Ye, and it just seems like, you know, it's twenty four to seven. You guys got the engines roaring and everything. And if you're not helping out here, didn't you go out east a little bit for the tornadoes or the hurricanes or.
Speaker 6: Something like that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for the disaster. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I went in October.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I was able to you know, I was able to serve there and just to see the Lord work in there, and it was an amazing thing to just to experience and witness, you know.
Speaker 6: Life changing, I imagine it is.
Speaker 2: We had a little taste of that when we had the tornadoes here locally and you guys helped out there. Yeah, and then something like this where they it's all hands on deck when when something major that hits.
Speaker 6: A big geographical area. Yeah, my goodness sakes.
Speaker 2: I guess when you guys answered the call, you answered all of them, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Well, there was we were.
Speaker 3: We were spread out all over the East coast there for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But but what I mean by the call to join the Salvation Army?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a captain tell me this many many years ago. He says, you'll never know what it means to wear the black shoes. Yeah, And I said that that that sounds like a good thing. He said, it's a good thing, but it's a challenging thing.
Speaker 6: You have to earn them every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. It is an adventure, that's for sure. Oh yeah, always changing.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Yeah, it's never the same. I don't think two days in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if you're looking for adventure, folks, and what you need to do is volunteer.
Speaker 6: At the Salvation Arm.
Speaker 4: I like. I like that excitement of you know, changing, I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, we have the calendar that kind of that repeats a lot of different things, a lot of different events. But as you're saying, no two events, I don't care what calendar you're using ever really duplicate around here, because everything is just so like you say, changing, everything is so uh, let's just say, pleasantly unpredictable for the most part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, way like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we we have our share of things that happened to us, you know, like the tornadoes, sir, and everything else. But I've lived here for almost seven years and no two years have ever been saved. Yeah, And I mean not even remotely close. And I can't even imagine it in your world where you're at ground zero helping folks out with with different needs and you know, and and families with the different needs and what have you.
Speaker 6: That's got to be something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really is. Yeah, we just it's you know, on any given day, it's it's uh, it really is. Just you can make all the planes you want to, but oftentimes it's just not really what happens. So yeah, plan for the plane for the bast and uh, you know, we fill in the blanks when we can.
Speaker 4: We make our plans. But I mean it's yeah, it's God's plans, it.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are the ones that really happen.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes God just likes to challenge folks. Yeah, see you can get a little bit better. I know you can.
Speaker 6: He does that little test to drop on you there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh so if folks want to become a bell ringer, how do.
Speaker 6: We go about this?
Speaker 5: You can go to register to Ring dot org dot com registered to Ring, that's true.
Speaker 1: To register to Ring.
Speaker 3: It's gonna pull off the first thing that pops up on the Internet and it's trademark. Enter your zip code and uh and it'll it'll automatically populate all the positions, all the locations that are available. And we definitely have some opportunities for volunteers right up until Christmas Eve, which yeah, yeah was super helpful.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, I want to just make mention too, because some of our bell ringers out there have had people, you know, come and say, well, I just don't carry cash.
Speaker 4: Or change anymore, you know.
Speaker 5: And we have on the signs at the Kettle there's a there's not.
Speaker 4: There's not that yet one day, but there is a QR.
Speaker 5: Code and we have someone went on there the day just to show us how easy it was.
Speaker 4: And you just scan the cartel on your phone.
Speaker 5: It takes you directly to the site where you just donate and your name and that's It takes less than it's yeah, less than probably like thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: About as long as it would take to reach into your pocket and bull out some money.
Speaker 6: You can make that.
Speaker 4: It's super easy. So some people think, you know, oh, I don't want to do that. It's too complicated. It's not trust us, it's not.
Speaker 2: I'm sixty five and I got I got beefed up on that QR code.
Speaker 6: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you can scan a QR code to look at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Menu, then you can do this at the Kettle.
Speaker 2: No excuse whatsoever. Now do you need any helpers? When it comes to anchel Tree, quite a bit of.
Speaker 1: Volunteer sugned up for that as well.
Speaker 4: But I mean, if you're an individual that's just.
Speaker 3: Looking you want to participate down talk to us.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we won't turn you away.
Speaker 6: Sure something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now down there at the at the Citadel, if folks want to maybe just want to a lot of folks are doing you're in giving right now, and this is very worthy of your consideration.
Speaker 6: Make a donation to the Salvation Army.
Speaker 2: If somebody wants to take a turk, can we just give you a call and just kind of work out a time and we would like to see what's going on.
Speaker 6: You're so inclined, write a large check or check your choice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we welcome anyone who wants to come down there and do that.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Most people, you know, they don't associate everything that we do with the Salvation Army. And there's some things that you know are obviously highlighted more out in the community like angel tree and kettles and things like nature, but there's just so many other things that take place there at location.
Speaker 1: And most people who do come by are really amazed at all that we do.
Speaker 2: And if we listed all the things that you do, we'd be here at this time tomorrow, still going through the list.
Speaker 6: I know this out here that we do.
Speaker 1: We do everything somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yep, everything somewhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not everything everywhere, not everything everywhere.
Speaker 6: So okay, I'll remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that's.
Speaker 6: How it goes.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I can remember it, Salvation Army. I want to thank you guys both for coming in here today. Did we miss I miss anything here? Gosh, I hope not.
Speaker 6: But remember to go out there to uh to Truity, go to Walmart. And there's one other location.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and over here at that the new shopping center out there behind Masio's piece. Yes, And and you go in there and you pull off the name on the tree. And let's make sure that every child has a good Christmas courtesy Salvation Army in yourselves.
Speaker 6: All right, all right. And here's a great thing about this.
Speaker 2: When you guys told me about this last year, I mean I kind of knew, but I didn't know. These kids when they get their Christmas gifts, they're not getting it from quote the Salvation Army.
Speaker 6: Now for all they know, they're getting it from mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah.
Speaker 3: All the presidents are sent unwrapped to their parents, and so they get to put their own personal touch on it.
Speaker 4: And we've also got some donated wrapping.
Speaker 6: Paper in case that's a challenge.
Speaker 5: So like, because rabbit paper can get real expensive, real fast, like fives you know what some some of these have, you know, families have five kids, you know, but rabbit paper can get expensive.
Speaker 4: So we have wrapping paper. If you need help with that, you know, we'll give you some rap paper as well.
Speaker 6: Well, that's great. Well, that puts a ball on it for today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to thank you both for coming in here and thanks for doing.
Speaker 4: God thanks for having us.
Speaker 6: Alrighty folks, you've been watching and listening to our community