Speaker 1: Wild tonight, Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of FU Up.
Speaker 2: How excited are we tonight?
Speaker 3: Very excited? Thank you, It's great to be here.
Speaker 4: As always fired up, Get fired up, Let's go?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, Okay, well, I guess I'm gonna I'm gonna lead off because I'm really excited and I'm I'm kind of torn, and I will admit that. Tonight, obviously is the playoffs for MLB, and of the four series, there is only one series that went to three games, and of course it happens to have my team in it. Milwaukee Brewers are taking on the New York Mets. Mets won the first game, the Brewers won the second game, and tonight they are in the top of eight, I believe, and the Brewers are up to nothing right now.
Speaker 5: So host the picture, Candy, because I will say this former pirate pitcher and he's been probably on every team in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: Rich Hill was just signed about two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I know. I think the Brewers just put in Okay, Freddy.
Speaker 3: Parole, Okay, yeah, Rich Hill plays for the Mets, so.
Speaker 4: You could say f the Brewers because what they're on the other side. I'd almost rather face them than the Padres. I think the Tigers match up well with the Brewers.
Speaker 3: Brodreys are dangerous, Jeremy, they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brodreds are dangerous.
Speaker 2: But so are the Tigers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm interested to see what the Dodgers are going to do.
Speaker 2: They did say that. I give you guys respect.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: My interest is what the Dodgers are going to do. They're gonna lay an egg again this year, That's that's my question.
Speaker 2: Well, they get the Padres first, so they get the Padres next, because I know the winner of the Brewers Mets series gets the Phillies.
Speaker 5: So the Phillies always managed to have a good team for some strange reason.
Speaker 3: I guess you know something. Yeah, they do. I will not deny that.
Speaker 2: Well, and let's face it, I believe my Brewers are taking on the highest payroll in MLB. I believe the Mets have the highest payroll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they paid for their playoffs.
Speaker 2: They did, they did. Let's hope we take him down.
Speaker 4: Good old fish and Billy ball actually still works. Looking at the win above replacement numbers, looking at the matchup. Aj Hinch is a master of that. We just saw that. I mean they're on paper. There was no reason for the Tigers to sweep them. I could I thought it would go three and the Tigers might pull it out to to one. But to sweep them the way we did, those pitching matchups, the batter matchups, the substitutions he made in both games were brilliant.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, kudos. I have to give kudos to the Tigers. I mean, they got hot at the end of the year since August eleventh, and that's what you need to do to have a good run here in the playoffs. And I think you guys matchup pretty well with the Guardians.
Speaker 5: Some people still call them the Idiots, just like the Commanders, you know, the Redskins.
Speaker 4: I thought the Guardians was a roller derby team in South Carolina. That's why they were getting over the name.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you guys start what Saturday? I believe. I think I'd.
Speaker 4: Have to look, it's either Friday or Saturday. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, Jeremy, I forgot to mention and everyone that watches the external bum Show, the bum Show will still be going on.
Speaker 3: It will be I will be broadcasting for my church because my wife has to go for choir practice. So I will be broadcasting for my church, so just to let everyone know.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome, awesome. So yeah, it is the eighth inning. The Brewers are up to nothing and the Brewers are batting the bottom half of the eighth cold Brewers.
Speaker 4: I definitely still use Indians and Redskins. I'd say what I call them, but nobody liked it on the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, people still call that Chrishner Stadium Hinsfield and we actually we actually have a Heinz Field.
Speaker 3: It's an awl Quippa high school, right.
Speaker 4: I actually called to Redskins what comes off at a Burmitz? But hey, at least clean you did.
Speaker 3: Yes, give you that.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that. So who do we think is gonna make the world serious?
Speaker 3: Way Milwaukee's going right now might be Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: And the way Tigers are going. I can't I can't count out the Tigers.
Speaker 3: I could see that.
Speaker 4: You can't count out the Yankees, and you can't count out the Padres. I think those are the schemes of the court with the best uh to get there.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, I had to say, this was good to see the Yankees back and play.
Speaker 4: You know what, I hope happened, the same thing that happened in twenty sixteen. We see him in the ALCS and sweep them and go to the World Series.
Speaker 5: Go to the World Series. Yeah, well that's good. I hope, I hope it happens. But it's just good to see the Yankees back again. You know, I'm pushing for the Tigers because look at Arizona they ended up in the World Series.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, who would have thought, you know.
Speaker 4: How about that? How great would that be? Forty years later? The World Series is one forty years after with the teams in it. It doesn't matter who wins at that point. It would be a rematch from forty years ago.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I can't remember the last time the podres R when that's a LC or NLCS or.
Speaker 4: How you doing, d community? Good to see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hello everybody.
Speaker 5: I'm having some issues tonight with my eyes and I can't really see everything.
Speaker 4: So I got you covered.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's I want to flip the sport. Let let's go to the NFL. I kind of want to We've now had a month of all these NFL and I kind of want to go through some of the first rounders, And I want you guys to tell me what you think kind of grade wise you would give each of these first rounders so far that they've been playing. So let's let's start with, of course, the first the first taken in the draft was Caleb Williams and he is quarterback of the Bears. What kind of grade would you give him so far?
Speaker 3: I say, yeah, I was gonna say a C.
Speaker 5: That's that's what I was going with mine. To be honest with you, we really haven't seen much of him except for what he's done right now. We have to wait and see when they when to go and gets tough, that's what we got to see.
Speaker 4: We've seen him come back against the team that had a prevent devent meet and beat a team that couldn't beat the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So, I they're two and two. It's not bad, but it's not great. The first two games were less than desirable, less than three hundred yards totals, zero touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Quour pick.
Speaker 4: That's not good.
Speaker 5: No, And Matt Everfluss is Matt Everflus is Uh. You know this is the year that I think that if he doesn't do well, they're going to fire him.
Speaker 3: I believe that to be the case.
Speaker 4: I think he gets a built in excuse with the rookie quarterback and be back another season. That's my honest opinion, because you know, the head coach and the GM goes whenever they take a quarterback early like that Matt Naggie and the other guys they drafted justin field. Nothing happened in two seasons. Get out of here.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm okay. So taking at number two was Jadon Daniels, quarterback of the commander.
Speaker 3: He's doing good. I give him a B.
Speaker 4: I give him a b pluff almost.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: They're three and one and leading the division. And nobody saw it coming except for some certain guy that right and talk to the NFL all the time said watch out, there might be the surprise team in the East.
Speaker 5: Yeah they are, because they got the you know, they got Dan Quinn in his second term as the head coach. They got Cliff Kingsbury's their offensive coordinator, who is very good at working with quarterbacks. Stinks as a head coach but then college and pros. But he's a good coordinator and a good quarterbacks coach.
Speaker 4: So I gave Jayden Daniels an a if he wouldn't have came out and had zero touchdowns and two picks in the lost in Week one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know.
Speaker 4: He's doing great. It's an A minus B pluff. It's in that area, you know. And I said he'd be one of the better rookies coming out just because I like the way he played the game better than certain other qbs the draft.
Speaker 2: Well, and he's completed eighty two point one percent of his passes, Like that's pretty darn good. I mean, I don't care if you're a rookie or not a rookie, like most of the non rookies aren't even completing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I do know QB that they had a really good two weeks in a row. He's thirty six and forty one touchdown thorough pick.
Speaker 2: You do, huh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You want to know who that is?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Art knew? I knew? Okay. Number three in the draft, Drake May quarterback for the Patriots.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's seen any action yet, has he know, so we can't give him a grade.
Speaker 3: He gets nothing.
Speaker 4: I mean, he gets the incomplete I like you in kindergarten.
Speaker 3: Or incomplete complete.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, Okay, Marvin Marvin Harrison Junior, number fourth wide receiver.
Speaker 3: He's gone. He's done pretty good, he's done. Okay. Yeah, I agree with Jeremy.
Speaker 4: Because he's a rookie. He's going to make mistakes. But he's had a solid effort so far.
Speaker 3: I've heard his name.
Speaker 2: So he's averaging averaging sixteen point two yards per reception.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he's Yeah that Burt's great. But if you look at the game per game thing, it's been up and down. It's in consistent. So I'm going to give you a solid beat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he might be doing great in one perspective, Candy, but when you're a rookie, you make, like Jeremy said, you make mistakes and it's it's a learning curve, you know.
Speaker 3: And so that's more An Harrison junior.
Speaker 2: Right there, number five, Joe Alt offensive tackle with the Chargers.
Speaker 3: He's but he's starting. He did, he did.
Speaker 5: He did a pretty decent job on our on our defense. I thought trying to hold back uh T J Watt. Yeah, I'll give him be.
Speaker 4: Yep, and I'll say it as well, Yeah, ball starter, he's done nothing that would be yet. You know, if he offensive don'tcake. I'd have raised it up about yeah.
Speaker 3: No, but he didn't. But he kept him and he kept him in place. I mean he didn't. He didn't do anything fancy, but he kept him to where he TJ Walt couldn't make a sack or an it. So you know.
Speaker 2: Number six Molak Neighbors wide receiver for the Giants.
Speaker 3: He's doing he's doing pretty good. To him and Harrison Junior.
Speaker 4: I have him above because he's been more consistent games, he's had touchdowns.
Speaker 3: That's I've heard his name come up for touchdowns, which is important.
Speaker 2: He leads the league with fifty two targets and thirty five receptions. His three hundred and eighty six yards also ranked number one among twenty twenty four rookies by a significant margin. The only is costly Week two fourth down drop. Otherwise he'd be almost perfect.
Speaker 4: Which is why I said, as I I dock where it's important. If you don't get into the end zone in a game where you lose by a little guess what I'm going to count that against you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Number seven J C. Latham offensive tackle for the Titans.
Speaker 3: I think he's hurt. I think he's hurd.
Speaker 4: Alignment been't hurt. Yeah, one week one, he gave up a lot of pressures to that guy opposite Montez Sweat. So I'm actually going to put him at a team minus because if he was playing better, Will Levis would be doing better. He's letting that pressure get to Will Levis, and Will Levis doesn't know how to handle pressure in the NFL. We've seen that. He throws it to everybody but his receiver.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing.
Speaker 5: I'm hearing former Steeler Mason Rudolph may start this their next game.
Speaker 3: I've been hearing that.
Speaker 2: So the next one would be number eight Michael Pennings Junior, but we all know that he hasn't taken a snap as well, because Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: Has been the one and eight million dollar man? Is there?
Speaker 4: One hundred eighty?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Eighty? I'm sorry, Yeah, I keep saying one o eight for some strangery. I don't know where I got that figure.
Speaker 4: I don't know either. I think that was this guaranteed money if I remember right, Yeah, one hundred and eighty million dollar contract in one away guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd like to have his agent.
Speaker 2: And number nine wide receiver Rome Duns. I don't know if I'm saying that right.
Speaker 3: Steelers wanted him.
Speaker 4: I kind of have to give him a C.
Speaker 3: Plus.
Speaker 4: He hasn't been bad, but with a quarterback that hasn't really been able to open him up until one game. Who's he with, Jeremy, He's with the Bears. He's got Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: Throw.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's got Caleb Williams. Okay, yeah, I'll I'll give him a see. Yeah, I agree with you on that one. If he's with Caleb Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. Obviously number ten we can't really talk about because that's JJ McCarthy, quarterback for the Vikings, and he underwent a full moniscus repair in August.
Speaker 4: He gets he gets the eye with the little be next to it, because anybody who's hurt before they start their first season gets that, plus Moniker because they're always injured. Is what everybody's gonna say. And I'm throwing it out there because we heard it about certain players that were injured there really couldn't play, and everybody called him a bus and until they prove him otherwise, that's what they're gonna say.
Speaker 2: I'm going to skip to number twelve. Bone Ckx, quarterback with the Broncos. What would you guys say about bone X?
Speaker 5: I give bone necks to see although he's played, he's been playing. Uh, you know, Denver's winning some game, a few games. I give him see maybe a B minus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Denver two and two right now mostly because next Yeah, so I think you got to give him a solid D bluff for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I give him a B minus.
Speaker 4: But we'll tell you no, certain players that are on our roster right now that we're labeled a bust that are showing out. He's in the top five and yardage right now, and.
Speaker 3: The guys that you thought were good or a bust. That happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, it does, okay, guys, I mean unless there's other ones that you really want to come out with you guys, can anybody else you want to talk about?
Speaker 4: How late to doing fifteenth pick overall? For the Bolt?
Speaker 3: Oh he did okay. He had a couple of tackles in the game's defensive tackle. Yeah, he had a he had a couple of tackling. Yeah. Yeah, he had some tackles in the Steeler game.
Speaker 4: I thought he was okay, Yeah, I think he's actually closer to a plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's one of those guys that when we listen to the interviews at the draft, he sounded like a coach in the draft another guy.
Speaker 3: I don't mind, that's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 4: No, you like, you want a player coming in to sound that mature.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: So our first round picked Troy from a two. He's he's done for the year. He's got a MCL or something. Yeah, yeah, yeah, thanks thanks to Mike Tomlin. Because Mike Tomlin had him out of position. He's a guard, he's not a tackle. He's too small to be a tackle. And Mike Tomlin keeps on doing this with these guys, and that's why they're getting hurt. You know, keep keep people where they are, they're at their natural position. Quit trying to switch people around and all that.
Speaker 3: I get.
Speaker 5: You want player of flexibility, but you know, Mike Tomlin's got this word for that's called swing tackle.
Speaker 4: Well, right now, for those that are are watching us and not watching the game, I want to give you a score update real quick.
Speaker 3: I don't have Amazon.
Speaker 4: The Buccaneers are It's been the entire game, but the Bucks started with the ball and I don't think either team is fun at Yet there's thirty second cleft in the game according to Google at this fact.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And if you and if you're watching the Brewer game, it's too nothing in the ninth, one out and the Mets set runners on first and third.
Speaker 3: Woo, we're gonna take the picture. They're gonna take the picture out two ots.
Speaker 5: You got guys on base and the guy the batter's got two strikes on him. Have you changed the picture.
Speaker 4: With two strikes on him? You change the picture, You.
Speaker 5: Changed the picture. Derek Sheldon's done it. I've seen a couple of managers do it.
Speaker 4: Just to get that one, that one, that one out Terry onl Arnold to be minus, I say a c plus. Uh, I'm putting them more in the sea rings because he's dealt with them. Uh hands issues, he's a little hands he's still But that's the same with almost every corner that's not considered a generational talent coming out of college. In the first year, they all get a lot of I penalty.
Speaker 5: Darius Memes with Cincinnati, he's been committing a lot of penalties. I watched him was the Sunday and Monday night there on. I watched them. He was, he was getting out with Steelers were looking at him. He was getting a lot of he had a lot.
Speaker 2: Of penalties, and the Packers took Jordan Morgan and it's going to be incomplete.
Speaker 3: Because he's hurt too.
Speaker 2: He's hurt with a shoulder injury and he's.
Speaker 3: Been it's been like that all season. Candy, I don't know what's going on around here.
Speaker 5: I think conditioning is what it is, where there's not enough of something, or guys are not working out like the other the old the old timers used to, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: There's something wrong here, you know.
Speaker 4: Thank you, greg Rice. Greg Rice is one of our West Coast children.
Speaker 3: Greg Rice from the West Coast.
Speaker 4: Ye call him the stat master, and him and I have debated. We've actually done really well of anat.
Speaker 3: Well. That's good. That's good.
Speaker 2: The Mets just hit a three run home run, so they are.
Speaker 4: At home, right because you were the winner.
Speaker 2: We are at home. So the Brewers do get up in the ninth.
Speaker 3: But hey, Candy, I got a good one for you. When when the Brewers? When? When?
Speaker 5: When does the Pirates were starting to play the Brewers when they were when they came to the National Lake and and and Miller Park was built. They asked our manager at the time, who was Lloyd McLendon, and so, what's your thoughts on their new ballpark. He said, it looks like an airplane anger. He said, it looks like an airplane anger. It kind of does a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think Lloyd McClendon's advice with the Green assault for one reason. What's that guy was a career two twenty hitter and was a batting coach for the d Trait Tigers during our worst batting period ever.
Speaker 5: Well, he followed Jim Leland around and Jane Lamont and all them guys, and well, they had their own little club.
Speaker 3: Everywhere they went, they all went together. You know.
Speaker 4: I just hated the fact that Kates Brown was going into the end of his career, was coaching the Tigers as a good hitting coach, and once Parky was gone, Gates Brown was gone, and a guy like Jim Leland could have benefited because Gates Brown was still around at the time. We did line up a hitting coach like that instead of Lloyd McClinton, because it seemed like all of our good hinters after three years started to go in the batting average.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he brought seeing them on with him. He always had Tommy sant and I could probably name you three or four guys he would always take. He had Andy Vance like he had. You know, if you got a bunch of guys from his old players and old coaches, it it's like a little club or whatever. You know, guys you trust, I mean, you know like that. You know, Milwaukee was good enough to trust Murphy to take over his manager at the council left to go to Chicago.
Speaker 3: You know, Look, but he has to left.
Speaker 5: He has the talent too, and Milwaukee's got a good scouting department. Look at them, They're in the playoffs all the time. They always on top.
Speaker 4: There is a guy I want to give credit to because of what he talked about at the draft. The guy that was drafted after Barryonne Arnold. He was picked twenty nine for the Arizona Cardinals. That was Darius Roberts Robinson, the kid Okay Missouri. Because I actually recorded his entire interview because what he was saying was so amazing. I love the fact that he talked about his game preps for a week. Somebody one of the reporters asked him, and I was like, I actually want to hear this, so I recorded it. He said, on Monday, I hit the well because Sunday's the day off. Monday has start with starts in the ice cub and watching game film while he's in there, and he would take and he takes notes about what he made mistakes on.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 4: And then he goes out and his workout that afternoon is working on what he made mistakes on, which why did he start off with the wrong foot or why did he lead with the wrong hand, Why did he not do this move or that move and studied it and perfected it where it wasn't a mistake anymore. Then the next day he comes in and for three hours, we'll watch game film of the other film of the specific person he's lined up again and see what his tendancies are, how he blocks and everything else. And he takes all those notes and not only does he read them, but he lets all of his linemates on the defensive line read it, because he'll take notes about the left tackle, the left guard, the center, the right guard, the right tackle, and he shares it. So if you look, because how many household names are on the air on the Cardinals defensive line. There isn't other than his because he was the first round talent, and I'm quite sure that's why they are having success with pressure because of the way he is. It's like having a D line coach in your defense as a rookie.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: And I see that's why the Lions had him high on their draft board. But carry on, Arnold Brink.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I thought somebody was at our door, and uh, that's so we got the I'm not going to go and do it here, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Uh, James us Droutsindy and of course that's JB. Have a great night and get your tires at Brandon. Thank you, thank you for cons not.
Speaker 3: On their No, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's funny. That's funny. Okay, guys, what what else would we like to talk about? Any matchups that you want to talk about this weekend?
Speaker 4: I heard that the Lions are favored by seventy with the bye week. I think they cover.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna I was gonna check into the games, but like I said earlier, I'm having issues with my eyes tonight, so looking at stuff is kind of hard for me.
Speaker 4: It is it did going to have time. The Falcons were not able to score in that final drive, so it is Buccaneers twenty four, Falcon seventeen.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: I could see if somebody said something about Lloyd McClendon here as a Little League legend or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: He was back at one of the first Little League World Series. He was like a player of the game. Thank you James for good night and the community.
Speaker 3: Thank you James.
Speaker 4: Cow Boys, You're gonna get lots of that talk out of me. I have some things that I like to say on my channel that I can't say on this channel because some things are crowned upon and I don't want to make the boss can.
Speaker 2: Smart smart? Okay, Well, the Packers play the Rams, but the Rams are kind of beaten up, they're kind of injured.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are, very much. So they got the well look at they got Jimmy g Is one of their quarterbacks. So that's a that's a mass unit down there.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: So hopefully playing Candy.
Speaker 2: The Rams are playing the Packers.
Speaker 5: I hope the Packers went I'm taking the Packers in that camp. So Steelers, I'm taking the Steelers. The Cryboys are banged up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the cry Babies are missing two of their defensive standouts. Lawrence and Parsons is out. Aron Land is still on the ir So they're gonna struggle defensively. Offensively, I think they'll be okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah up.
Speaker 4: You could share that with Scott after the show. What I put in the part private chat mm hmm. The Rams, the Rams, uh, you know what it reminds me of. And the Rams dragged about beating the Lions that year. The year they went to the Super Bowl was Dan Campbell's first year here when the Rams squeaked by the Lions, and Aaron Donald said, Denay Swell is a real one. The kid's going to be an all Pro. That was what he said after the game. Because Aaron Donald could not get pressure on Dearreed goff.
Speaker 5: Well, i'll tell you what hurts Sean McVay was when he had no drafts for what three years, and then he went on and got all these free agents and then they all start getting hurt and then you know the stuff like that. You don't do stuff like that. You you have to have some kind of draft to build some kind of players. Because just bringing in all veterans and not having any kind of a draft.
Speaker 3: Forget it.
Speaker 4: They didn't have a first round pick since Jared Goff right until last year with their first round they since they drafted Jeredo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you can't do that. I mean it's just look at Mike Ditka.
Speaker 5: Remember when he was with New Orleans and he drafted Ricky Williams and sold the rest of his draft.
Speaker 3: Said I don't need anybody else. I got who I want. But what happened there, Oh.
Speaker 4: And they got the Super Bowl was worth it. But at the same time, everybody says, oh, if Stafford been built for golf and won it right away, they forget that. They added three key players after Week eight, Floyd von Miller and OBJ because Robert Woods went down in week nine or a week ten, two weeks a week and a half after they got OBJ. Robert Woods miraculously has an aclchair. I'm still wondering if Obj's dad didn't pull a Nancy Kerrigan.
Speaker 3: Could have.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, yeah, I throw, I throw all the weird conspiracies out there. Uh, and not just one dropped. I int the one would have sealed the game, and that was safety Jesse Bates And don't forget. In the NFC Championship game, j Christy Tart did the same exact thing. Get him right in the bread basket, and he dropped the interception that would have sealed the forty nine ers going to play against the Bengals.
Speaker 3: To go.
Speaker 4: As much as I I love Nat Stafford when he was here, but that's one of the things I always hated that And sometimes when he was going for that key moment, he'd make that decision that would boss the win.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, yep, yep, he forgot.
Speaker 3: The quarterback the NFL forgot.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Okay, Well, we're gonna switch to a different sport because we're talking about we're talking about rookies. Caitlin Clark wins Rookie of the Year and named to the All Rookie Team. She received sixty six out of sixty seven votes for the award, and the one person voting for Angel Reese of the Chicago Sky all Right was from the According so the other her Angel.
Speaker 4: Was a Chicago Beat writer that New voted for her. Yep, and I get it, you know, But it got to a point where she was four rebounds away late in the game from getting her point. She just kept throwing the ball at the backboard and rebounding, rebounding it herself. How is anybody gonna get a rookie a Rookie of the Year when you're shooting percentage is nineteen point eight percent.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yep, she's well, she said. The former Iowa star led all first years with nineteen point two points per game. She also averaged a rookie record eight point four assists while shooting forty one point seven percent from the floor and thirty four point four percent from three. The twenty two year old shattered several league records in her first professional campaign. She became the first rookie to record multiple triple doubles and set a new single season mark by any player with three hundred and thirty seven total assists, helped in part by the single game record nineteen she posted in the July seventeenth lost the Dallas Wings.
Speaker 4: Was it that when she got her first triple double?
Speaker 3: Two? I think that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was when she set the record as the first rookie to get a triple double in the WNBA.
Speaker 2: Correct, correct, mosdas Balone.
Speaker 4: Did it all the time. Yeah, that is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, my town.
Speaker 3: I'm ready, Okay, Ralph, go for it well as uh.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have Justin Fields as our starting quarterback for the Steelers this week against Dallas.
Speaker 3: I predict twenty four to fourteen score.
Speaker 5: I think I think Pittsburgh wins in a against the Cryboys this week, So we're going to see what happens there. The Pittsburgh Pirates, on the other hand, fired a name that you might know, Candy Andy Haynes.
Speaker 3: He got fired. It was our ending instructor.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what's going on there, but we had the Ecks time brothers who couldn't do anything, and now Haynes it has been fired. Our bullpen coach has been fired because our bullpen had a bad year and so.
Speaker 3: Making some changes.
Speaker 5: But Derek Sheldon will still be the manager and we'll still be only winning seventy games in the next ten years, so you know. Anyway, But then we got rid of some players that were, oh, two hundred thousand dollars bonuses because Bob Nunning is a penny pincher. He pinches penny so bad Lincoln's head comes out, So you know, that's the story there. Hockey season has started. The Penguins are are getting going here. They had to cancel the game last Saturday because of travel problems. Playing the charter playing that the Penguins have couldn't have mechanical problems. They had to land somewhere else, so the game never happened, so you know that. But we'll see what the Penguins do this year. I mean, you know, I hope that that Eric Carlson's not a bum this year and ends up doing something. So we'll see what happens there. And as I mentioned, the Steelers, no Russell Wilson again. He'll probably but he's getting closer to being able to play. I'm hoping sooner or later they fire the conditioning coach for letting them pools led, which still hasn't happened yet. I'm waiting for that. So but other than that, that's it here for my town. Oh and by the way, the city just allocated a million dollars to help with the NFL Draft of twenty twenty six. So oh and by the way, they had to remove the Art Rooney statue from Akroscer Stadium. You want to know why he was in violation of smoking ordinance. You know, he has guard in his hand at the statue is in violation of smoking orders. No, every year they take a statue and they clean they take us somewhere that gets cleaned, so then they bring it back.
Speaker 4: So I kind of figured it was something like that, but that that was good.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well the standers won't have to play ketchup and no more because it's not hint spieled to play catch up.
Speaker 4: There you go, all right, so my town, Well check the Tiger rules payroll. Well, there's the twenty sixth pay roll in the league. We're not the worst, but we're damn sure not the best. But when you're talking about that, thirteen rookies, and I say this number for a reason, thirteen rookies are on our roster. All thirteen rookies add up to eighteen point eight million dollars. I bring that specific a mount up for a reason. Josh Hayden, the star middle reliever and sometimes starter for the Houston Astros, makes nineteen million a year, and he couldn't shut down a single one of those rookies. So kudos kudos to the Tigers and the rookies for making somebody look like they should look because nineteen million when everybody says, oh, that's a lot of money, It really isn't when you're looking at pitchers and high end players in this league. That's a middle of the road guy, a journeyman that every now and then is an All Star. So but the fact you've got thirteen players that equals less than his salary is pretty darn good. And of course, you know I mentioned Jared Goff already. How amazing is that that the five inners, five incomplete, were all in the game a week and a half ago, not the game that was played Monday. So that means he went eighteen of eighteen for two hundred and ninety two yards, two touchdowns, and he taught a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 4: This is the fifth time in NFL history that two players have fought and received a touchdown, are passed and received a touchdown in the same game. But it's the first time a quarterback has ever thrown eighteen passes for a complete game without an incompletion. Congratulations on making NFL history, Jared Goff. Yes, Dan Campbell said it best. But you're good enough for Detroit.
Speaker 3: Mm hm, and so is Dan Campbell. I'm impressed with what he's done there. He's been.
Speaker 5: He's been a guy that you know, I'm going to do it like this, a guy like Mike Tolm and a guy that has done well coaching the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 3: He's a tough guy and he's brought that toughness to the team.
Speaker 4: And he says it from here. He doesn't exactly right from his heart. I love the stuff he says.
Speaker 5: And he has some good assistance too. He has Leslie Fraser and Ben Johnson. He still has some good good assistance there.
Speaker 4: So Leslie Frazier is the assistant was the assistant DC. He's no longer here.
Speaker 3: Oh really, Oh yeah, sorry, I didn't didn't look at that.
Speaker 2: So so I can be official and tell you the Mets are moving on. They have beat the Brewers.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, osh.
Speaker 2: So the the big payroll one out over the small market team. We kept saying, the little engine that could ran out of steam.
Speaker 5: I guess well, I was rooting for Milwaukee Candy because you know, you you root for them, and also I was rooting for them because they're an our division, so you know.
Speaker 4: And yes, with this last win, Dan Campbell is officially five above five hundred because of the tie. He is twenty seven, twenty seven and twenty one, four games than the fourth year here, considering he started off three thirteen and one. That's one hell of a comeback and in a quarter season, yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: And as for my Packers, they're two and two. The two wins were with a backup quarterback. The two losses were with the quarterback. We just paid a boatload of money. Now, I will say part of this. Last week they lost to Minnesota, they lost by two points, they came back, they did miss two field goals in that game. And they're still sticking with this kicker and think he's.
Speaker 4: To quote a famous TV character to the GM of the Packers, gooty curse when you cut or waved James Turner, Shine shine shine, I all I got to say. Because James Turner was actually rivaling Michael Badgeley while he was here, But when Jake Bates decided he was signing with Detroit, he wasn't necessary, so we waved him. And you guys knew he must have been good because your GM snatched him up within an hour of him being waved. He didn't stay on the market even twenty four hours. But to do that not even really give him a shot and cut him and then have your one guy not do so well in the preseason the other guy did okay, the cut a guy and you bring in a guy because that guy gets injured. Ain't week one. It didn't make sense. You could have kept them on the practice squad. You didn't need to wave them. I understand that depth is depth and stuff like that, but there's a reason why we always have a kicker on the practice squad. We always make sure we have one. If one gets both, we pick another one back up. And that's because you never know somebody's gonna get injured. All that takes as while they're on that plant foot up in the air and a guy dive at the wronging cart and a guy's got a high ankle screen and ACL and MCL or something like that, And if you don't have a backup kicker in your practice squad, you're kind of screwed.
Speaker 5: Hey, Candy, there's a guy out there that plays in the UFL used to kick for. His name is Chris blew It. That's as actual name, so when every time he used to blow it, they used to say blew It.
Speaker 3: Blew It. Well.
Speaker 5: He played for the Malers and in the USF phone he played for. He was on a couple other teams. The guy can kick maybe Green Bay and he's gonna take a look at him.
Speaker 3: He blew it.
Speaker 4: Was a packer at one time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris blew it.
Speaker 5: He blew it, and he blew it in the preseason the team Myron Cope are former color analysts.
Speaker 3: Who's up in heaven with the Lord? He used to uh, he used to.
Speaker 5: Pick on guys like blew it or something like that, Like when Cleveland had Benjamin Gay. He used to say, that goes that Bengay. You'll end up having paying with the Bengay.
Speaker 4: You know, I want Bob to be invited into be a guest announcer for the Detroit Lions, so just so he can be on the radio with Dan Miller and Lomas Brown and you can hear him do that speech for Major League and tomorrow and next week is die Hard Night. Pree tickets to anyone who was alive the last time the Lions won a World championship.
Speaker 3: The Bobby Lane carse, I'm told I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think that curse is valid anymore. No, okay, I between what if you look at everything that happened in twenty twenty two with the team.
Speaker 3: Our car.
Speaker 5: Serious is San Antonio Holmes curse because right after the year they went to the Super Bowl, he got arrested for smoking marijuana and after that he caught him in Ever since then we have one an.
Speaker 4: We did three things in succession after that that that Sunday game just before the butt of the trade deadline, which was our bye week. That week, we fired our Aubrey Pleasant and he was our passing game coordinator while we went on that horrible one and seven run in twenty twenty two. Then we traded away TJ. Droppinson. And yes, he doesn't look like he doesn't look like that with Minnesota, and that's fine. But while he when we drafted him, and I remember it draft night, and I was okay with it because of what he was pouted as by all of the scouting draft pundits. The guy's an extra tackle when blocking and running and passing down He ranked one fifteenth out of one hundred and twenty tight ends and offensive lineman graded by PFF in his three years here. As a blocker, he now grades in the top thirty, which means he could have did it. He never wanted to do it in Detroit, probably because he played for Matt Patrician Bob Twinn, but that's another story. And lastly, during that bye week, in the middle of the home end of the of the the field at Ford Field, Jeff Daniels had a bathtub that he filled with whiskey and he came in with the Peyton Manning and Jeff Daniels and dated a curse lifting ceremony. Yeah, it's been The rest of the rest was on William Plate for Junior. But we'll get into that another time, Okay.
Speaker 2: And I would say I'd have to. I'd be remiss if I didn't say. I mean, you all know I live in South Florida. The Stanley Cup Florida Panthers will start their season. I believe it's on Tuesday, the regular season before that they are going to have on I think it's on it's either Sunday or Monday. I think it's the day before. I think they're charging twenty bucks if you want to go see the ring ceremony and everything like that. It's not before the game.
Speaker 3: It's a separate a separate event. Yeah, separate event.
Speaker 4: I got.
Speaker 3: I'll fly a freak.
Speaker 4: San has Eric E. Brown retired and Jafuda is already on the I R for the Texans. Make me choose one of them or take a bullet, give me the gun. I'm sorry, I'm at that point. Okuda hasn't been able to stay on a roster since he left it. Right, Uh, he's on the I R. Another guy that was picked, and granted it was the fifth round, but he was still picked by the Bob Wins regime. A Mario came in and played for the Giants one game.
Speaker 3: To the I R. He goes.
Speaker 4: It's just a testament that both guys did not pick good guys other than offensive blameman. That's it.
Speaker 2: Anything else we want to talk about tonight, No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Have anything else to say.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I did forget my town, the Pitts Well, no, I didn't forget, but I forgot something that I forgot to mention during My town is what I'm saying. The Pittsburgh area will be getting a women's soccer team called the Pittsburgh River Etz and it'll be run by the Pittsburgh River Hounds are sponsored by them, and we start playing twenty twenty five, and I will be of course interviewing a lot of the players and coaches and stuff with that. I like the small guy, the small teams, you know, the river Hounds do draw their expanding their field and everything. So it's nice to see we're gonna have a women's soccer team and the Penguins are working on getting us a women's.
Speaker 3: Hockey team as well professional women's hockey team. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd be remiss if I didn't say this. Scott wrote a book, Yes he did. Actually pretty good.
Speaker 3: You should is a good book.
Speaker 4: You should probably read it. It's called Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders.
Speaker 2: It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. Get your copy today. Okay, Ralph, how can people get a hold of you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Facebook, YouTube, I'm on YouTube channel. Check out Ralph Williams r W me to have several shows there as well. Also, don't forget on Tuesday nights, the Sports Corner Show with Me, Ralph Williams Smoking Jim Fraser four to five and then five to six Russell Talk. We have a great lineup of guests for two for this Tuesday the eighth, and we're going to continue to go with that and don't forget on Saturdays. This Saturday as well nine Am the External Bum Show with myself, Scott Morgan Roth, Jeremy Barwick and Leo Haggerty. And also Sunday there will be no there will be we have a postgame show that I do Steeler postgame immediately following the Steeler game thirty minutes afterwards with myself and Steve Spates, sometimes smoking, Jim Fraser or some other guests.
Speaker 3: So that's how you can get ahold of me. And also don't forget.
Speaker 5: My Saturday radio show starts this Saturday two to three pm twelve fifty am ninety two point five FM and also on the answers website to the name of the station is called The Answer. Go on the twelve fifty am the Aanswer dot com and check it out. I think it's on iHeartRadio as well. Check out the website. My shows on two to three every Saturday.
Speaker 3: So other than that, that is it.
Speaker 5: Oh by the way, on Sunday I do a show called Bible Capsule and we're going to start a series this month on Faith.
Speaker 2: So okay, Jeremy, how can people watch you read you whatever, it's.
Speaker 4: A news break. Yes, that's on the South Florida Tribune dot com. You can see my writing under the MotorCity Tribune and heading. I write about the Lions, occasionally throw in something about the NFL. Hopefully soon we can pick up a college team for me to write about, because I'm looking to broaden my horizons and expand my report claw. You can also find me right here on the South Florida Tribune on the fire Up Show every Thursday night. You can find me on our w media on Facebook or on a YouTube with the External Bum Show on Saturday.
Speaker 3: And you can find me on my.
Speaker 4: Channel pretty much every day of the week, Kneecap Biting with the MotorCity Lions. It broadcasts into YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and also Roku and Amazon Firestick. I'm everywhere. I'm not just nationwide anymore. I'm worldwide.
Speaker 5: Well, we have a TV we have a TV network here called WTA, and they say Action News is everywhere. Jeremy's everywhere, So am I Actually there you go?
Speaker 2: Well, as Tricky Will gets to Grace, there you go, Jeremy said earlier. My husband Scott wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphone Tuning into the enduring Wisdom of visionary Leaders. It talks about Scott's forty plus years in the media business and how it has changed over those forty years plus years. It is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. There is a link on our website www dot Selfloordistribune dot com where you can get his book. You can also see our merchandise. You can also read.
Speaker 4: I'm over here behind the book, making bathing.
Speaker 2: Lap it and my pictures. If you want to advertise or sponsor a show, call Scott nine five four three four four nine four one. Our broadcasts are all on wherever you get your podcasts. We broadcast there too, So Monday nights we're talking baseball, Tuesday nights we talk football, Wednesday nights Sports Exchange. You never know what we're gonna be talking about. Also, I will say on Wednesday nights, Jeremy, George and Scott are onnofilter dot net for the Motor City Madmouse Show, so check that out. Thursdays. Scott is now doing Fire Up Florida, which is his hockey show with Rod Peterson, and then we do the Fire Up Show here. Catch all of our shows any of our shows. If you see that red subscribe button, click it. Like us, share us with all of your friends and family, anyone you think that would be interested in learning or listening to any one of us. But also then go to all of the different participants we have across the channel. And I want to definitely thank everybody that was in the chat room tonight. It's been great to have all of the different people commenting, asking questions. We welcome questions, so thank you everybody. Jeremy, how are we gonna end the show?
Speaker 4: Try every day to be a better person than you were at the day before. That's the only way to make the world a better place. To start right here. Much love to all of our followers and everyone in the chest. I hope you have a blessed and safe weekend. If you can't be safe, be careful because if you don't, you might end up in jail.
Speaker 2: Good night, everybody, have a good one.
Speaker 3: Have a good night.