Speaker 1: I'll go shows, the good, the bad, and the games, the highlights and unfortunately the low lights that stood out this past week in the vast sea we call humanity.
Speaker 2: This is what I want to want to know you JRR, Orlando's rock station. Hey, don't forget Monday. Speaking of good Oh, this is awesome, good news. This might even warrant Powell the return of Rock the Bank our thousand dollars cash giveaway. She'll have thirteen chances each weekday, hourly, beginning at nine oh five Monday morning with us.
Speaker 3: JRR always has a bunch of winners in this national contest. So let's represent again, get you a thousand dollar pow.
Speaker 2: Sorry, let's begin with the bad stack and then move on to more pleasant thoughts. Uh. Whoever is responsible for the killing of four people and wounding eighteen others in the Birmingham Downtown nightlife district this past weekend. Still no suspecting custody yet because I guess no one saw nothing.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, I can't stand that.
Speaker 2: Got A Central Florida man arrested after a road rage shooting in Orlando on the Turnpike Thursday. Happened around six thirty yesterday morning. In the northbound lanes and the turnpike near the four seventeen exit. The victim was a thirty three year old male. His car had been hit by gunfire, then realized he had been shot in the right leg. Victim was taken to the hospital treated for injuries. Two bullet holes discovered in the right side of the door. Investigators said a gray or silver Volkswagen has hatchback was involved and a tracked down thirty five year old Jorgey Luis de Jesus Caraskillo and charged him with attempted felony murder and shooting into an occupied vehicle and direct discharge of a firearm from a car.
Speaker 3: Good glad they caught him.
Speaker 2: Take a deep breath out there on the roadways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all, we all get frustrated with somebody cuts in front of us or pulls out and just starts going slow or just deep breath man. And I'm guilty of it myself.
Speaker 2: Fifty one year old Lamont Campbell, the suspect in the Los Angeles metro bus hijacking that ended up with him shooting one person.
Speaker 3: Was that, Lamont Lemont, You dummy, your big dummy gummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a big dummy. All right, then we've got this guy here locally. Thirty nine year old David Ogden accused of breaking into a winter park home and touching sleeping children.
Speaker 3: Throw the book at him.
Speaker 2: I guess this was a neighbor's home that he found his way into.
Speaker 3: This is that personal trainer dude?
Speaker 2: Right as a personal trainer at a YMCA for a period of time. I don't know if he still was. That's what the I saw. The mother of the children said he made entry via the main door after unlocking it through the mail slot. According to police, the mother new Ogden for about five years as a personal trainer at YMCA. I looked at his picture. I don't recognize him. He sent some creepy texts to the mom while police were still at the home at the time of the incident. Home cameras caught him recording the children with a cell phone, rubbing the leg of one of them and pulling down the underwear of another.
Speaker 3: Okay, what am I cannot take any more? Stop?
Speaker 2: Put him on the island with all the other kid touchers. There's also sniffing involved.
Speaker 3: All the other kid touchers on the same island, and we're sending over the bomb soon.
Speaker 2: Then there's the idiot who set off explosives at a courthouse in Santa Maria, California, earlier this week, and god no one was killed in that. We've got a husband and wife duo here who run a private school. Principal the wife accused of stealing forty nine thousand dollars in state voucher money. Ryan and Nancy Alugo from El Sinai Christian Academy used the money for personal expenses paid with the school's bank accounting credit cards. Investigators say the school received extra state funds to provide free transportation, uniforms and registration fees. However, the school charged parents transportation, sold them the uniforms, and made them pay one hundred and fifty dollars in registration. They just pocketed the state.
Speaker 3: Buddy. That's a hell chip right there, right, thiks man, hellchip. Enough of the bad, yeah, Christian school to boot. You got a couple of good things here all right. Runner from North Carolina named Tara Dower just broke a world record by hiking the entire Appalachian Trail in forty days, eighteen hours, and five minutes, just under twenty two hundred miles, so she averaged about fifty four miles per day. Dude from Belgium had held the record previously. She beat him by more than thirteen hours because he stopped for waffles. What was her name, Tara or Kara Ta Tara pal get a pal for good news baby.
Speaker 2: Team of ten veterinarians in England off a five hour operation last week to fix a young rhinos broken leg to the first surgery of its kind, so they had to bring in horse surgeons. They didn't know how it would work or if the cast would hold, but everything's looking great.
Speaker 3: They probably didn't know because they're used to working on horses.
Speaker 2: Finally, researchers at Duke restored a guy's vision just in time for him to see his newborn baby's face.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Tyler Wilfong was born with a genetic condition that slowly destroys your retinas and make sure vision worse and worse. They used new gene therapy that they injected a special deal and lo and behold, he was able to see well enough to visualize the newborn that he was cradling. Totals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could see that, pal, We're going see what you did there you see it going to the Good News Network. We have dairy samples, right, dairy samples, Yeah, dairy samples, not at the costco. These are from thirty six one hundred year old mummies and they revealed precise origins of Keefer and the human diet.
Speaker 2: That's the world's oldest known cheese.
Speaker 3: Ah, how about that pow can't get at the Costco. I'm here to help that problem. Thanks, Keefer. I thought it was like Sutherland or something. Oh, from Lost Boys. Researchers discovered, Oh, this is insanity, man insane. In the membrane, researchers discover two hundred year old message in a bottle. Sting was nowhere to come at POW No. Two hundred. Honestly, it was a two hundred year old message in an actual bottle. It was a quote unquote magic moment. They said said send nudes. No it didn't. The Good News Network has setting up some weird stuff today like this to save sea turtle populations. Invasive deer successfully eradicated from island in Australia's Great Barrier reef. So they got these these deer saved. They killed the deer. Yeah, sa sea turtles exactly. We should do that with our pythons. The deer armed with straws or something. YE don't know if you say it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: North Carolina youth pulled a couple and their dog got man's best friend from the pickup truck that was sinking in floodwaters. That's cool, good job, uh teenage or North Carolina youth. Powe. See if they were true rednecks there in Carolina, they would have had the dog in the back of the truck like I would. Where you being a true redneck? Hey born and raised baby. That constitutes it. This is the one about the rhino. But you know what, Pat might have stolen it without knowing. But there's more to the story because he doesn't just read the headline. In the world's first surgery, first surgeons operated on a rhino's broken leg and fixed her hip. He left out the hip pow. Rhino's hips are very important. They support a lot of weight. Fisherman sacrificed daily catch to rescue a huge whale shark that was found in the net. So he cut This is a villager who probably was gonna, you know, break the bread and feed the fish to the villages and he had to cut the net to save a big, big whale. There's a good one in here. Wait where was it? I just saw this hold on this old guy. Villages didn't starve. No, they probably ate the whale. No, oh, no, they did not. I was alleged boy kidnapped seventy three years ago. You ready for this? Seventy three years ago was kidnapped. Finally found just in time to reunite with his dying brother. He was kidnapped seventy three years ago. Pat just just you know, found theman's brother's dying. So pow, enjoy your time. I told you they're kind of slacking the day overdose deaths plummeting, because there's a saving thousands of lives with this little thing you stick in your nose. And no it's not cocaine. Pow. All right. Here will end with this one hundred year old Holocaust survivor granted wish to reunite with her sister. We have reuniting again, just like the last one with the brother. They should look up and date. Feels so good one last time exactly thanks to AARP program. So all those annoying letters you get in the mail, don't just try for the free cooler. You might meet a sister that was in a Holocaust pow. She's a ride. Nice stand on a high note there, Taco Hell yeah, Reunited and we understood. Reunited felt so good. Thank you Peaches and Herb. If you want me to, We're done, Okay, I was waiting for a clear position doco on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app from the Bogan