Speaker 1: Ripped off news need advice.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running suscess.
Speaker 4: As we can show, Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of its camera here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We are here to make your life a little bit better. You've been ripped off, maybe a bad contractor a crappy landlord, a horrible dennis. You get the idea. That is what we deal with day in and day out. To the tune, listen to this one. So proud of this number. Three hundred million dollars cash merchandise exchange. His refunds directly due to this show. Simple as that. So we would love to nodch some more money today. I want to hear the register. Click click, click, give us call three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You got any problems out there? We have a list of people who refer this dot com as you know, are just the best people out there. They help people with problems like you. They also go out and do some of our dirty work. They'll go out and make sure a contractor actually didn't do.
Speaker 1: A good job.
Speaker 6: We get a lot of calls over the years where the consumer or the caller, you know, they kind of stretch the truth a little bit. But that happens when you have a bad experience with the company. Things tend to get worse, not better. And that's what we're also here to talk about day in and day out. By the way, with me today, Brian Burns, Compass Insurance. Hey Brian, how are you doing?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Doing good? Thank you?
Speaker 6: You know, I was thinking about insurance in general. Man, do we all spend a lot of money on insurance? How many I don't know if you know this number or not, but how many people don't have a claim in your average five year period?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, like ninety percent?
Speaker 8: Oh no, he's not here in Colorado and not here No, I definitely not ninety percent. I mean just from the influx of people and the renewals coming in, it's it seems like it's the abnormality where no one has any where someone doesn't have a claim. Really, Yeah, there's that many hail claims over the list. Automotive, Yeah, automotive is probably less than I'm speaking more from a home insurance standpoint.
Speaker 1: And simply because of hail, wind fire.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well it's almost always hal honestly in Colorado. In Colorado, it's like you'll see someone had a new roof put on. You'll see in twenty nineteen or twenty twenty one or two thousand, you know. I mean, there's just so many storms that have hit through the last five years.
Speaker 6: What's the most drastic change you have seen in the last seven years, Meaning we've had hail in Colorado forever. How come all of a sudden, though, we're getting a lot of calls, I'm not getting renewed. I don't remember seven years ago getting that. But yet seven years ago one of the biggest hailstorms ever in Colorado springs. It was like I think the largest at its time at topped to billion dollars. But people weren't getting canceled left in right. Why all of a sudden are we seeing companies pull out of Colorado and companies canceling. Why wasn't that happening seven to ten years ago?
Speaker 8: Frequency, So it's no longer having that one big storm every few Now it's all the time you're getting I mean even last year, there was what five four or five storms that were catastrophic not to the level of that Colorado springs one necessarily. Yeah, and so it's the frequency issue. So now these insurance companies are seeing that it's going to be very difficult in their current state to be able to make money.
Speaker 6: You were talking auto, and you were saying you were really focusing on homes. But when it hal's like that, there's got to be auto claims left in.
Speaker 8: Right, Absolutely there is, and there is a lot of hail claims on auto.
Speaker 1: Do you get penalized for that?
Speaker 6: If you are let's say you got five grand worth of dentless paint repair to be done after a hailstorm. If you put that in, do you get penalized for that? Because it was an active nature. It's not like you caused an accident or hit somebody else or you know, ruined your own car driving into a brick. I mean, what does that penalize you in Colorado? Because it does differ by state. In Colorado, you cannot charge for a comprehensive.
Speaker 1: Loss, So even if you hit a deer.
Speaker 8: So even if you hit a deer, now you can be underwritten, like going to a new carrier, if you have multiple comprehensive losses.
Speaker 1: I think they might not watch you. They'll just say they're not going to write it.
Speaker 6: That's interesting. But yet you can't be penalized for it in Colorado. So if it's not your fault, so besides like a deer or an animal you hit, and besides a hailstorm, I mean pretty much, that would be it.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, even a collision loss that is a not at fault.
Speaker 6: Well, so someone hits you, like you're parked in a store and you come out, Yes, the front end of your car's bash exactly.
Speaker 8: That would be a not at fall taccident and you're not going to be charged for it again underwritten.
Speaker 5: So even if you.
Speaker 6: Have one thousand dollars deductible and you have fifteen hundred dollars worth of damage to your car, why wouldn't you turn it in if you can't be punished for it on renewal? Yeah, I mean if five hundred bucks coming out of your pocket, no matter how you look at.
Speaker 8: It, other than if you're thinking you want to move to another carrier if you have, and even one of those is not going to affect you with another carrier. But if you have multiple losses, even if they're not at falt or they're comprehensive. It depending on the carrier, it could limit you if nothing else.
Speaker 6: All right, we're going to talk about savings and under insured over insured?
Speaker 1: Is the show? Flows? John? What is going on with your HOA John?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 7: Mark, hey Man, talk to you.
Speaker 1: Nice to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Jay.
Speaker 10: So, Yeah, So I got a letter from my HO covenant violation a couple months ago.
Speaker 7: Always violation.
Speaker 10: And I'm like, okay, all right, all right, So it's a it's a false accusation.
Speaker 5: What was the.
Speaker 6: Viol What were they claiming you did, whether you did it or not? Just playing the stereo too laud what.
Speaker 11: Banging I'm making banging noises late at night. And here's the thing, Mark, You know, I work from home.
Speaker 7: I'm an it pro. I work from home.
Speaker 11: I'm at work at night when this is supposedly happens.
Speaker 7: I'm at my computer doing my job.
Speaker 6: Well, what are they saying? What are they guessing it is? If I asked, if I asked whoever complained about it? What do they what do they think?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 6: Like like you're taking a hammer and hitting something just randomly in the middle of the night for no reason.
Speaker 7: That's probably what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how strange?
Speaker 6: As that are these neighbors? Do you know who made this allegation.
Speaker 7: Well, here's the thing. I didn't ask. I didn't I didn't contact the.
Speaker 11: Management company and ask anything, but I kind of I know who it is. It's my it's my downstairs neighbor problems with for years.
Speaker 1: Is this a condo or a town home? What is this a condo? Downstairs near the condo?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 7: Okay, it's a condo.
Speaker 1: Keep going.
Speaker 10: So yeah, So I thought, okay, all right, I'll just make an effort to be quieter, maybe do the laundry earlier or something like that.
Speaker 7: Right, you know, I'll just be a good neighbor.
Speaker 11: And then the other day I got another violation notice from our management company. Same thing, banging, making banging noises the night. And now there's a fine of two hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Well that that's crazy, But there's no I mean, is there a recording of it? Don't they have any kind of evidence or anything.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, in the letter I got, it says, you know, I violated the governance and you know I'm disrupting the peace and quiet of the of the community. And it says the neighbor has a video recording but there's nothing about you know, get this marked. There's nothing about who, who said it, who the accuser is, what time, what date, what it is.
Speaker 1: Were you able to listen to the video or watch the video?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, I haven't progressed to that point, and I know I probably will not get any video.
Speaker 7: I will not get anything.
Speaker 11: I'm pretty sure the management company won't even tell me who my accuser is.
Speaker 1: Well, it's got to be the person below you. I mean, who else could it be?
Speaker 6: You said something about washing clothes a little earlier instead of later.
Speaker 1: Is it possible?
Speaker 6: I mean, like, you know, I've heard our washer go eight before. I mean where it's making noise and things bouncing around. Could that have been it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 7: I think this is.
Speaker 11: More of a neighbor dispute with me and my downstairs neighbors.
Speaker 6: Let's dive into that then a little further. Prior to all of this, what happened? How did this become an issue between you and the neighbor.
Speaker 11: Well, I've had a problem with this neighbor for years. I've had a problem with them with their dogs barking.
Speaker 7: I've had a.
Speaker 11: Problem with them coming home driving drunk. To call the police on them, report them, report them for drunk driving the.
Speaker 5: Course parking lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is crazy. I get it. So where so where are we at? Now? What's the question?
Speaker 11: Well, the question is is you know I'm at the stage here where the letter says, you know, I think you know, I have thirty days to pay this two hundred dollars or I can request a hearing. And I know, I know this isn't going to go well, Mark, And I also know that since this is number two, the second time this has happened, I have a feeling that this is going to start happening on a regular basis. Mark, this is going to be where my neighbor has figured out like that HUA management company to you know, find me two hundred or plus dollar or even more because the fines go up.
Speaker 10: Well, I would definitely talk about it.
Speaker 1: I would definitely ask for the hearing.
Speaker 7: Things increasing, and.
Speaker 6: I would definitely ask for the hearing. I mean, I wouldn't even think twice about it. And honestly, is there dog still barking? Is there anything that you can complain and retaliate? And I'm not saying that's the best idea, but my god, it's already it's already elevated to the level we're talking about. It's crazy. You know what I would like to do, Hey, Kelly, let's get Brad O'Brien on. I want to ask him something that has to do with ho a's he's our attorney for anything real estate.
Speaker 1: Shout, I'm going to put you on hold, hold tight.
Speaker 6: I want to ask Brad a couple questions, but I mean the hearing would be the first thing. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. I want to hear from you. We got three lines open three zero three Martino.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help you'll I think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, welcome, By the way, Dmitri just walked in. We also have Deputy Chopper, Deputy Bow. Everybody here is biting what does that say? Chomping on the bit to help you to solve your problems, answer your questions. We do have two lines open. I got one of our experts up at referral list dot com if you're new to the show. We have all kinds of attorneys, contractors, flooring people, you pretty much name it. We have them on referral list dot com and they're always there to help us, and this is one of them right here. In fact, Brad O'Brien has been our real estate attorney for many many years. He comes into studio with us and he's the go to guy, whether you're a landlord dealing with a bad tenant that maybe you need help with an eviction or just writing a lease, or a couple buying a house together is a great example, but they're not married. I mean, there's certain things you might not think about. And then of course we talked about this at length, Brad. These these new home contracts like Lenar Holmes or KB, how different they are than the standard Colorado real estate contract. And you could even have a house being built for you that you thinks a half a million, and then come closing time they actually want to charge you another one hundred thousand. So you need a good attorney to look over all these. But I got a question for you that I'm going to bring John Upsey if he has any questions. But when it comes to an HOA, John lives in a condominium and the people below him, they just have not been getting along. John's called the cops on them. I assume they've called the cops on him. He's complained about their dog barking. They're complaining he's too loud at night, making like hammering sounds. I mean, it's like the hat feel in the McCoy's man. It doesn't sound like a good deal. I don't think it's going to be fixed. But now the HOA sent him a letter. In the first first letter, John basically was warning you that you might get a fine if you're still breaking the noise ordinance at night. Right then you received a second letter with a basically a bill for two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Do I have that basically correct?
Speaker 7: That's exactly right, Mark.
Speaker 6: So Brad, let me ask you something, how does that even work? In other words, if someone accuses me of something like a cop and I realize this isn't criminal, but I generally have my time in court, I get to state my story. And John said he could go to a hearing, But do they have to allow him if this guy's got like video evidence or audio evidence or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, how do these hearings go?
Speaker 6: How does an HOA have the power just to say give us two hundred dollars and there's no evidence.
Speaker 1: So just give me some thoughts on that.
Speaker 13: In general, brad Well, many ha residential huas have a no nuisance covenant. That's say, one member or tenant can not cause nuisance against another tenant. So it's very subjective. And you reckon to a noise ordinance, that's that's highly it's pretty rare.
Speaker 6: Well, let me take that back. It wasn't actually an ordinance. It was a noise complaint. Basically, they were saying he was making hammering sounds or some kind of sounds late at night. Not not necessarily an ordinance.
Speaker 13: Yeah, very few municipalities actually have something on the books.
Speaker 9: To see this.
Speaker 5: This number of deaths understood.
Speaker 13: So if you have something like that, that's actually very helpful because that gives you an objective measures of measure of measuring the noise. Yeah, but usually that's not the case. Usually it's very subjective, you know. And how much is too much dog barking or yelling or walking with heart with you know, hard shoes on a hardwood floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's but but that's what I mean.
Speaker 6: So what do you when you have two neighbors And I'm not necessarily talking about these guys, but in general we get these call all the time. They're just going at it. I mean, they don't like each other. It's probably not going to be fixed. But all of a sudden one of them's getting fined. It's like what does he do? Step the pace up and start saying they're dogs barking too much?
Speaker 1: Or I mean like, really, what are you supposed to do in.
Speaker 6: A case like this when both sides are going at each other?
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, colrad A law gives a lot of deference to hoa's to self manage themselves. And so if if a HOA declaration gives the board the right to levy fines for nuisance and excessive noise, then they have that right. And if you don't like it, you know, you.
Speaker 6: Should have you should have checked the h You should have checked the covenance before you moved in.
Speaker 5: Basically, yeah, but follow.
Speaker 13: The appeal the pill procedures within the HOA itself. Ultimately, if you're not satis with that, you'd have to go to the court to try to overturn. But then that's very expensive.
Speaker 6: Well, for a two hundred dollars fine, that's crazy, But I'll be honest, Brad, I didn't even know that was a possible remedy. So you're saying, if he goes to the hearing and they doesn't go the way he wants, they don't allow him to see any evidence. They basically just say, hey, you're paying the moneys and just kind of end it there. He can actually bring that to what to like, the municipality or the county.
Speaker 13: Yeah, go to court and it basically be an abuse of discretion claim that the HUA eleven finds where didn't have the right to do it. Interesting in a case where the fact didn't support it.
Speaker 6: But it's just out of curiosity, Brad, I understand that's crazy for a two hundred dollars fine, that could cost a fortune and attorney's feast. But let's pretend money is no object when you get to the court steps. Is their true discovery at that point where they would have to prove that this noise, this noise was actually being made by John? Would they have to enter into that evidence? Is there actual discovery at that point?
Speaker 13: Court cases do have discovery rights?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 13: That that type of discovery that would be based on somebody's oral testimony that they heard these noises.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wouldn't.
Speaker 13: You wouldn't ahead until you're out of hearing your trial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean. John, Do you have any questions for Brad?
Speaker 6: And honestly, I never let you really ask the question you had because I just started thinking about an old neighbor that I had that we just couldn't until we moved. Nothing ever got fixed on it. So what questions do you have for Brad?
Speaker 3: Well Mark?
Speaker 7: And Brad?
Speaker 11: You know, I can see we have a hoa that likes to make up their own rules and do their own enforcements, even things that aren't in the covenants or art in policies. So I can see hearing not going well for me, and then I can see this neighbor now that they've they've caused me pain, I can see them starting you know every month with this complaint.
Speaker 1: Well I can see it too, I mean, or.
Speaker 7: Even every week every week.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I don't know, like I mean, you're asking me to put my shrink hat on. I mean, I ended up moving. I'll tell you here. I'll give you a real quick story.
Speaker 1: This lady.
Speaker 6: And when you said you're washing or drying machine, you started doing clothes a little earlier. They would hate when we got home from work and did a load of wash anytime like after eight o'clock. They'd go absolutely crazy. They started complaining to people and it was just nuts. It got really bad. At one point, you know, I think her and her and myself were throwing chicken wings at each other from the balcony and you think I'm you think I'm lying.
Speaker 1: I'm not lying.
Speaker 6: That's how bad it got. But then but then she had a baby, and the baby was the most colicky thing I've ever seen in my life. And this thing cried all the time, and I would complain all the time, and it just became this thing back and forth, and until we literally moved and bought our first house, it wasn't going to end. So John, I would say, you probably got to move or you gotta start getting really mean.
Speaker 5: Well, here's a.
Speaker 7: Question for bred how about small plan?
Speaker 1: What would you sue him for?
Speaker 13: Brad Well, scot Clan's court is a place where you go to get a little bit of money up to seventy five hundred dollars. This is not something that can be resolve money. This is something that has resolved with an injunctive order and that's something that truly it would take a county court, district court or judge to issue.
Speaker 6: Did you ever try just to bury the hatchet? Go down there and knock on the door and bring him like a pie or something.
Speaker 1: I'm being serious as hell, John, this.
Speaker 11: Neighbor mark, you know, like I said, the drunk driving, the dog barking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: But now but now it's starting to cost you money and it's costing you time.
Speaker 10: Well, how about if I put okay, let me off for this years ago?
Speaker 6: How about if I put one of our deputies on it. How about if I put somebody on it like Scott. He's got a great demeanor for something like this, to see if we can't work something out to where you guys aren't always on the offensive. Sure, I love that idea. Hold on, I'm gonna put you on hold. Hey, hey, Brad O'Brien. Stuff like this is really tough, right, I mean everybody, generally, most people in life get a bad neighbor. This guy's got a bad neighbor. I'm sure that neighbor thinks he's got a bad neighbor. She's got a bad neighbor. But I mean, really, there's not much you're gonna do about a situation like this. Hopefully I can have Scott call up and try to make the peace.
Speaker 1: What do you think of that idea?
Speaker 13: Yeah, this has more of a practical resolution rather than a court resolution. Yeah, the courts really are.
Speaker 14: And also, people.
Speaker 13: Don't in an apartment building or condo building don't have a right to absolute silence. There's an impride.
Speaker 1: It's impossible, there's a presumption.
Speaker 13: That there's gonna be some noises, abies and people having dinner and walking around. It's really when it's successive, like something blasting their stereo.
Speaker 5: Here's what I love.
Speaker 13: You can probably do something about it.
Speaker 5: I love this.
Speaker 6: I love that Hopefully Scott can work this out between these two so it doesn't go any further.
Speaker 1: And John, don't forget John. I know you're listening.
Speaker 6: Make sure you leave your information for Scott so he can start digging into how he wants to.
Speaker 1: Move forward with this. But you do have the hearing coming up.
Speaker 6: You might very well win this hearing if there's not like crazy evidence or something.
Speaker 5: It's just crazy.
Speaker 6: And when I was at the hearing, I would tell them I'd be like, I've seen this guy driving drunk.
Speaker 1: I've seen this. I've seen that.
Speaker 6: Although that might not be the best idea now that we're trying to work it out in a different way, but you might say, hey, this isn't our first rodeo together.
Speaker 1: We've both been this way.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to reach out to him and come to some kind of amends with them, but let's go from there. Brad O'Brien, I appreciate it as always, And I'm telling you landlords out there in Colorado, if you have not updated your lease in a long time, even meaning two or three years, so many rules have changed, you better make sure you got something that actually is within the law. You better call up Brad. He can help you with that. Seven two zero three seventy seventy three eighty eight. Brad O'Brien, O ls law dot com. Kenny's got an issue with a with a service auto shop. We're gonna dive into that, Deputy Scott, go get John's information. I really get on the mic there. You think you're gonna be good at this. I want you to reach out to the neighbor and say, how do we make peace here?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean we can definitely look into it.
Speaker 5: Sometimes the hoas are tough, and then if.
Speaker 1: You can't pull it off, I'll give it to Vinnie.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, folks, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Kelly, make sure we get all John's information for Scott. Please three oh three seven one, three, eight, two, five five. I want to hear from you you've been ripped off or taken advantage of Hey guys, hey Brian Brian Burn's Compass insurance. Did you ever have a bad neighbor like that? I was telling some bad neighbors stories during the break. Unfortunately I have had two in my life. I mean generally speaking, we've lived in a lot of homes, so you know where we live now.
Speaker 1: I love them. But if you actually experienced a bad neighbor.
Speaker 8: We not necessarily a bad neighbor, but we lived in a condo when we first got married. Tough, and yet people below and above you and you, Yeah, it's noisy, and you hear them, you know, running around, You sear kids running around. It a conda's hard because there, especially if.
Speaker 6: You're under Yeah, we were the one over with lady and I mean I get it. I mean we were big. The washing machine, you know, and dryer makes some noise when it's on.
Speaker 1: It's just the way.
Speaker 8: There's nothing you can really do, and so no, I mean we didn't like complain about it, but it was noisy. We had people above us and it was definitely noisy.
Speaker 6: About that is when her baby was louder than my washing machine. You know, everybody was like, oh h was like, oh that's different. I'm like, there's nothing different. The noise is noise. I mean, it's absurd to say it's different. I know there's people out there going it is.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's not different.
Speaker 5: Want more annoying.
Speaker 6: The child screaming is more annoying. You ever been on a plane with the screaming kid?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's annoying. As parents, it's.
Speaker 6: Like, my god, Hey, Kenny, what is going on with you? Hey Kenny, Ynny? I'm doing good?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: How are you doing great? You sound like.
Speaker 6: You're five hundred feet away from Shannon. I don't know if you can bring him up a little, but I can barely hear him.
Speaker 15: Mark, I have the.
Speaker 9: Phone close to my mouth.
Speaker 1: Now you're good, Go on, man, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So a month ago I took I have a two thousand and eight callac Escalade and I had an oil leak, and I took it in. I have car Shield, so Cassio. I looked on their site and it's a shop they recommended. I took it to him. Car Shield took care of everything. The shop looked at it and said, okay, it was some seals, and they also replaced my transmission. While at wow, it's deductible.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: How much was it? Take hold on, tell me a little bit about it. How much was the deductible? Like five hundred one thousand?
Speaker 9: What it was?
Speaker 2: Two hundred dollars deductible?
Speaker 1: Man, you can't beat that.
Speaker 6: And you got a new transmission, and then some like seals like maybe an oil pan or something.
Speaker 2: It was it was an upper upper something.
Speaker 9: Sealed and maybe the main locations right.
Speaker 2: And I actually paid additional because there was some heater hoses that wasn't covered. But I paid floridose to be replaced.
Speaker 16: No big deal, Hey, out of curiosity?
Speaker 6: How much if you had to pay cash for everything, how much was it like five grand or something?
Speaker 2: It would have been like five grand?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay, So what's going on?
Speaker 2: So I got the car back home end up and it's still leaking oil. I took it back today. They called me and said, hey, we need to replace two more gaskets. Carshield is covering those gaskets, but they want to charge me additional deductible. I don't think is right because I think they should have called it the first time.
Speaker 6: Well wait, wait, wait, wait, Kenny, Kenny, let me ask you something. Is it something different?
Speaker 2: Well it's an oil league is No, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter a car.
Speaker 6: Listen, I'm not My goal in life's not to argue with you, but I'm trying to figure something out.
Speaker 2: Good it's it was something.
Speaker 6: It's completely different, right, it's a different seal, a different gasket that's leaking oil. Yes, okay, then it's going to be a different deductible. Whether the shop should have called caught it the first time really doesn't matter. If anything, you would blame the shop. I sure wouldn't blame the warranty company because the shop never brought it.
Speaker 1: Up to them.
Speaker 6: Did you go to the shop and go, hey, how come you didn't see this the first time?
Speaker 1: And here's the other deal. Just going back to my.
Speaker 6: Goodyear days, we did some We did a lot of seals, a lot of gaskets, oil pan gaskets, rear mains, all kinds of stuff. Some of the problem is this when you have like a valve cover gasket leaking, or even a rear main leaking or an oil pan, and you're driving down the highway that oil just goes everywhere.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: You don't know what's leaking and what's not leaking until you start fixing them. You don't want to just tell somebody, Hey, you know you need a rear maine, you need an oil pan seal, you need a valve cover, gasket seal, you need an oil change, you need this that. You don't want to hit him with everything. So I'm not even sure the shop did anything wrong.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, that's fine. I just wanted to check because, like I said, CARSHU was still covering this disrepair, right. I was just worried about the second deductible. But what you're saying makes sense. Yeah, well it's two hundred dollars.
Speaker 14: I'll take care of it.
Speaker 10: How much is it is understandable?
Speaker 1: How much is the repair.
Speaker 2: The new repair? They replacing an oil pangask.
Speaker 9: In your rear main seal?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 6: Well wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait, I do have a question. Then, did you not tell me the transmission was replaced?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well wait a second, that rear main I want to verify something.
Speaker 1: Hold on, can you get Kevin.
Speaker 6: Colkin or actually, Jeff Vick would be perfect for this because he owns a transmission shop. I'm almost positive that rear main is replaced when you do that transmission. Hey, Kenny, how long ago? How long ago was those initial repairs done? The transmission?
Speaker 7: A month?
Speaker 1: A month ago?
Speaker 2: A month, not even a month?
Speaker 1: Hold on a second.
Speaker 6: I want to see if that rear main seal had to be done, because that might change my mind. It doesn't change my mind on the oil pan, but it might on that rear main and the oil pan gasket. I would guess is fairly cheap on that, but we'll ask Jeff that as well, But that that rear main is probably the expensive part. Hold tight, let's take a break. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. We've got a couple lines open. I want to hear from you. Three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 16: Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 9: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, looks like two lines open. I'm gonna go up to our expert, Jeff vic Hey, Jeff, I got to ask you something a two thousand and eight escalade. If you rebuild the transmission on that vehicle, are you doing the rear main seal?
Speaker 14: Typically not?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: H okay, I add it totally wrong? Then what vehicles?
Speaker 6: I mean I always saw when you do a transmission you're typically doing the rear main or no.
Speaker 14: No, typically not. I mean, if you see evidence of it, you pull a flexplate down and take a look, and you'll do the customer favor by changing a while you've got the transmission out. Yeah, but as a general rule, it's the same old thing.
Speaker 7: You know, if eight.
Speaker 5: Broke, don't fix it if it Yeah.
Speaker 6: So they basically had a transmission done, some other stuff done, and then a month later there's still some oil leaks. So they're trying to sell them a rear main and they're also trying to sell them like I think it was an oil pan gasket. And hold on, Kelly, what was was that? Kenny on one? Or is it on two?
Speaker 1: Hey? Kenny? Hey, he's on two.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kenny, I was wrong. The rear main wasn't done. So yeah, we're right where we started the conversation.
Speaker 9: No, you're good.
Speaker 2: And Carshill covered the seals period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 9: I was just worried about the deductible, which is awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey is Carshield pretty good? Jeff?
Speaker 6: This guy had like a five thousand dollars transmission done, they paid forty paid two hundred and fifty dollars deductible and now they just did a rear main. This is some other shop of course, did a rear main and did a either a valve cover oil pan gasket, and they covered it again.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they have a short period if you purchased the car where they'll stand behind it and do a lot of repairs. But they also obviously have the option to go the deal, but typically they'll just go forward with the repairs. They like the reputation, they want to keep it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good man.
Speaker 6: It looks like you found one of the good ones because a lot of the calls we get Kenny or they don't cover anything. So I've got to at least give kudos to Carshield. That's a good deal you got. You got about seven grand or six grand worth of stuff done for five hundred bucks.
Speaker 9: Man. Yeah, I appreciate your time.
Speaker 6: Thank you, guys, I appreciated. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Jeff vic Kimer Transmission. Here's the bottom line. This guy will save you a ton and I need a ton of money. If you knew to transmission and he rebuilds him right there, he'll give you all the different options. Just a great guy. A lot of times you might think you need a transmission, you bring it over to Kimra Transmissions and Jeff and find out you didn't need it, which is probably the coolest thing out there. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So to me, tre guess who Trump's talking to right now?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 6: Do you know does anybody know this is a big flad? He's talking to Vladimir?
Speaker 3: HM.
Speaker 6: I wonder how that can you imagine that conversation? And I assume all this stuff's recorded. Yeah, it would be great if they could replace some of that. But you know now that you mentioned it this English.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know either, but I've never heard of a conversation that's been recorded between heads of state make its way into the media or on the internet. Even on the internet. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: There was one with There was one with Trump and his first uh administration, and they said it was a horrible call. And then finally when they played it for everybody, they said it was a perfect call. In fact, that's what it was known for. Trump would say it was a perfect call, but the Democrats were saying it was like, uh.
Speaker 5: They used that as a basis to impeach him the first time. And that was the contents of that call where misrepresentative leaked by that boy who was that really pudgy colonel who is from the Ukraine, and they released it. Yeah, he's the one that leaked it and said it was a bad call. Yeah, but they remember Vidman I don't vidmun I don't. Yeah, he leaked it to the media. So it was another dastardly trick basically.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, absolutely, So the call turned out to be good though.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It was between Trump and Zelensky, oh really yeah, and it was it had something to do with the potential investigation of the hunter Biden involved.
Speaker 6: You know, he came back with his tail between his legs are Yeah, he sure did. I mean, I mean he what other choice did he have though? Yeah, We've talked about this off air, and I don't want to get into this big Ukraine policy. But a lot of the area Russia took back. Those people speak Russian. They basically consider themselves Russian, Yeah, and want to be Russian. I mean, would you acknowledge that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my understanding of it. I mean there is that Poinne too.
Speaker 1: It's not like I live there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I uh, you know, I spent some summers over there, and it certainly was it seemed in Ukraine or Russia. Ukraine. You know, we had a summer home.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. Yeah, what region or where? Uh you know, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: You know, there's there are thousands of little villages there, got it. Yeah, I mean literally, so you were a little tight. Yeah, and I wouldn't even recognize the name of that village. But it was in the woods, and it was a beautiful green, you know, green place full of lakes and rivers and animals.
Speaker 6: And they have so many natural resources. It looks like basically a gold mine over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean they have the lithium or whatever it is for batteries and stuff to make chips, and I mean.
Speaker 5: It's tons of energy, tons of forests.
Speaker 6: And I think that's probably the main reason Russia wanted it. I mean, I'm not sure about that, but yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you know that whole part of the world is called the bread basket of Europe. Yeah right, I mean that's it's one of the most agriculturally valuable lands in the world.
Speaker 6: All right, people three oh three seven one, three eight two five five you've been ripped off or taken advantage of.
Speaker 1: This is the troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Leave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine, two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Rip you need you don't have, runs, can shoot us gonna help? Come man, this is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: No Tom Martinez, Welcome, welcomes to the only show that's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take your complaints.
Speaker 1: We got lines open for the first time.
Speaker 6: If you want to get through to us and try to get some of your money recouped for He'd love to hear from you. Could be an automotive problem, it could be a contractor problem. Any issue you got three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Now it's time for education section. You're ready for this. Brian Burns Compass insurance. Listen, you save us so much money each year by shopping our stuff. And it's really amazing to me how insurance changes over anybody's lifetime.
Speaker 1: And here's what I mean.
Speaker 6: As our kids were getting close to sixteen and getting their license, you took us out of Safeco or whomever we hadn't put us with Progressive.
Speaker 1: As the kids got older.
Speaker 6: Into their twenties and that new driver stigma was gone, you moved us into a different one.
Speaker 1: When people go through different stages, of life.
Speaker 6: It is absolutely amazing how insurance can change.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: You know a perfect example of this. My daughter just got married and so we split them off onto their own because they moved out of the house and they have, you know, their own vehicles, and so I worked on quotes to just see where we're going to put them, and we ended up with a carrier called Travelers Insurance for them.
Speaker 1: That's a big one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And but just to give you an idea, the price differed from from Travelers up to the highest carrier. It was triple the cost, triple triple, and nothing was different.
Speaker 1: I entered everything, I.
Speaker 6: Did same exact insurance, exact insurance. So it just tells you how. And they're not even high risk, right.
Speaker 8: Also, no tickets, no act for twenty five. No, she's okay, twenty one. Yeah, they're young.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I mean that's still kind of a stigma. But yeah, it's crazy that three times.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but to your point, it's some carriers and you're under twenty five, is it's just way more expensive than what other carriers are.
Speaker 1: God, that's crazy. Well, here's one for us.
Speaker 6: And we dealt with our house because we're in the woods, right, Some companies won't touch us. Yep, period won't touch us. Some companies, like I think it was State Farm that gave us a bid last year. State Farm wouldn't do anything over a million in the woods, which is odd.
Speaker 1: I mean, like in Colorado. It's really odd, honestly.
Speaker 6: And then on top of that, some other companies wouldn't do anything but an ach policy or a percentage of the main dwelling, which means you're deductible.
Speaker 1: I've argued this before.
Speaker 6: What's the highest one you've seen where the deductible is actually a percentage of the dwelling I've seen.
Speaker 8: Now this is an excess policy, so not an omitted carrier, but it was ten percent. Well, okay, normal three to two two percent. You're seeing is becoming more and more normal. One percent is absolutely normal. It is normal wind and hail claims. One percent is the norm. There's terriers that require two percent. Well, think a two percent guys.
Speaker 6: Let's say you're in Highlands Ranch and you've got one of the bigger models track home and it's worth a million bucks. I mean, your deductible on a hail claim is twenty thousand dollars, which is crazy. Yep, we had one caller it was three percent, and Tom was arguing, well, my god, you don't even have insurance at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean literally think about it.
Speaker 6: You don't even really have insurance because it's the cost of the roof was less than the deductible. Right, yeah, now you still have insurance if it burned down or something exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, but even at one percent. Yet, what you're seeing as insurance companies are going to continue to our point earlier, The only way they're going to start making money in Colorado is if they either raise rates more with is you can't really do much more, people can't afford it, or people are going to start participating in the losses, specifically when it comes to hale.
Speaker 1: Well, and that just means you're gonna pay more though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, well when you have losses. I do think we got that hail proof roof. Yeah, I don't think I'll ever see a hail climb again. Yeah, well, I take that back on the roof, right. You might on other parts of the house.
Speaker 6: You might on the siding, might on the barn, might on the metal building, might on a car, But on our main dwelling, I can't imagine. I would ever have a hail claim again.
Speaker 8: No, but I do think there was a period of time here where people were hoping for hale because it was tough for to get a new first days are over because they're they're participating so much in it that it's it's no longer you're going to pay your thousand bucks that the roofer is going to somehow work into the deal where you're not going to pay anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that those days are over.
Speaker 8: Big because you're you have such big deductible of it's massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it used to be that way, honestly.
Speaker 6: Or they give you a free upgrade to a hail resistant roof or a Class four.
Speaker 5: It's really crazy though.
Speaker 6: So the other thing people can do if they do have a new roof, if they did get a hell resistant roof in the last couple of years, most homeowners give a discount for that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, or again it depends on the carrier. I would say I have probably half of them have a discount for Class four and some don't, and half of them don't.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 8: So now they still get a discount for having a brand new roof. But that's why it pays to at least shop around when you have these changes, and.
Speaker 6: If you have like a tile roof or a synthetic roof, like I do something that is more hal proof, not hail resistant.
Speaker 1: What I did is I up the deductible big time. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So now I think are deductibles like five thousand, but I'm not even worried that I'll have a claim when it comes to that peril.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's exactly what I did too. I have a tile roof, and so danil me, I'll take the much bigger deductible and save the money as far as on the annual premium.
Speaker 6: So when people call, I'm gonna give the number out typically speaking, is there how much of you saved? People our average listener. So they call up, they give you the deck page. It could be from State Farm, all State, it could be from anybody, it doesn't matter who it's from. And then you're going to shop them and you're going to shop what twenty to thirty different places depending on where they live, and you're going to come up with not only the savings, but the other important part. And if someone if you can't save money, you're the first at absolutely we'll tell them stay put.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But the other part is And a lot of people don't realize this. Anybody that was affected by the Boulder fires were but a lot of people are under insured.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: If you haven't checked the value of your house to rebuild pre COVID, you're absolutely crazy. There was homes that sold brand new for three hundred four hundred thousand in twenty ten that now could be worth a million bucks. And you have that insurance set at you know, three or four hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: You have no clue that if.
Speaker 6: That thing burned down or if anything happened, you basically can't even rebuild it.
Speaker 8: No, because it's not just even the values, you know, the rebuild cost have skyrossts skyrocketed people.
Speaker 6: And now with tariffs possibly on a lot of wood coming out of Canada, I mean think about that. There are so many people, like, how many people that haven't checked are undervalue?
Speaker 8: Well, we know through the boulderfire what it ended up being ninety seven percent.
Speaker 6: If you're out there listening and you haven't called Brian up, I don't care. If you've had state farm forever, that's the big one we hear. Oh they're great. I've never been telling you you're paying too much or you're undervalued or underinsured, and that could be a numerous different ways. We had one listener call up. They were worth three or four million. If I recall, they had the lowest amount of auto insurance they could get meeting if they did cause an accident and they were reliable. No one would take twenty five grand from them. They would come after their million dollar house and whatever's.
Speaker 5: In the bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean basically they had no insurance.
Speaker 8: Yet we see that all the time. People that have have been with a carrier for thirty years and when they started out, they had liability limits of twenty five thousands.
Speaker 5: That's all they needed.
Speaker 8: That's all they needed. But they've never adjusted over time, and so they have, you know, this exponential worth and yet they're still carrying twenty five thousand.
Speaker 6: All right, listen, I would love any questions you have in insurance.
Speaker 1: We got Brian in he's our expert. Anything you got cooking.
Speaker 6: Three zero three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, hold tight, go with a sure.
Speaker 12: Thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino. We'd love to hear from you any questions, complaints. I've got three deputies here ready to sink their teeth into whatever problems we got h three oh three Martino. Now I want to go back to Brian Burns. If you have not done the insurance health check, I want you to call these guys up. They're answering the phone right now. They can basically just ask for some basic information and tell you how much they can save you and make sure you rebuild. Brian, How does that work? When you put the address in, it automatically comes up with what a current value to rebuild is.
Speaker 8: No, but we go to you know websites usually Redfinns who I use get the details of the house and so you get an idea, you have to enter into a replacement cost estimator.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 6: And that, Oh, so you're looking at how many beds, bad square footage, custom, not custom, whatever it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And the things that we need to hear from people that are wanting quotes, We do need to know, like when their roof was replaced, what kind of roof things that that that might not be accurate onlines.
Speaker 1: Because if it's a newer roof, that's great. Yeah, exactly when you have a twenty year old roof, now you won't even.
Speaker 5: Get covered here.
Speaker 8: First thing we would say is stay where you're at because no one, no one will take it. If it's an asphalt roof, tile roof, totally different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Will they come out and inspect the house even after you already have them.
Speaker 1: Yes, every carrier will do some sort of inspection.
Speaker 6: At some point. Yeah, some drive by, some might actually walk. It depends on the value.
Speaker 8: If it's over a certain value, then they'll they'll have to like actually make an appointment with the in they want to come inside to. Yeah, but usually it's a drive it's just a drive by.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've had them. I think it was two years ago. Safeco came out, and I don't remember that we switched. I think we had Safeco prior and they came out more or less. They did the inside of the house, but they did the outside was more important because of the trees. They wanted to make sure we didn't have any brush and other stuff. I think it was like twenty or twenty five feet from the structure, whatever it is.
Speaker 8: And then they have a certain amount that has to be trimmed up off the ground. And yeah, there's all sorts of mitigation, all kinds of money stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so it gets a little crazy.
Speaker 6: How about people that live like legitimately in the mountains, I mean, there's some people probably just can't get coverage.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: Well, we were talking I know yesterday for people that weren't listening, they have the Colorado Fair Plan coming because there are Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That looked like they were sting.
Speaker 6: You said it only went up to So what he's talking about Colorado Fair Plan If you simply can't get coverage and I'm not talking you don't like the coverage you can get because it's expensive. I'm saying, if you can't get coverage, right, I was reading on their website three denial letters. Is that really all it needs or they're saying at least.
Speaker 8: You have to have from an agent. That's that's trying to get the quote from Colorad. A fair plan, you have to have three declines from a standard market and one decline from an excess.
Speaker 1: An idea of an excess company like Lloyd's of London would be one. So a why would they turn down anybody? Or they don't. No, they will. They're still companies that will thought they only ensured insurance companies.
Speaker 8: No, that's reinsurance, but that's that's separate that. You know, there's reinsurance.
Speaker 1: Companies insure my house.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I could go access with Drouse, but it'd be more expensive. So there's no reason to you can get a standard market a company that is admitted through Colorado.
Speaker 6: It's always about I guess I'm not understanding the breakdown. So what's the difference between a standard and an excessive When you said Lloyd's London, that kind of screwed with me because I thought they're one of the largest insurance companies in the world.
Speaker 1: If they're not standard, I don't know what is.
Speaker 8: Standard meaning admitted admitted in Colorado. So Lloyd's of London is not doesn't go through Colorado Insurance Commissioner to be appointed for the state, so they're.
Speaker 6: Not part of I got So how can they sell insurance.
Speaker 8: Here because they can. Well, you have to first of all, have the three declines from a standard market even be eligible to go access.
Speaker 1: And that's because of our insurance board though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you can. You can't just go there, nor would you want to, because the policy forms are not regulated by the insurance Commissioner here, so they can do what they want. So if it write their own policy form, they can have crazy high deductibles that the insurance Commissioner wouldn't approve for you, your carriers that are admitted here.
Speaker 6: If you have three denials from let's just say State Farm, all State, and a SAFEGO whatever. Yeah, so there's three standards yep, then you can go to that excessive market. Yeah, excess excess excess market and that includes Lloyd's of London. Yeah, I means lloyd and who else is in that market?
Speaker 8: I mean tons of carriers you wouldn't know or are they shove standard? Yeah, Now they might have an excess market if they're if they're admitted market doesn't qualify.
Speaker 6: But do you think insurance would drop if they did not have to go through the insurance board here? In other words, if you didn't have to have three declines just to go to the excess market, do you think more companies would come in and actually drive insurance down?
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 8: No, it totally makes sense. It goes both ways. Here's the thing. Could prices come down, of course, but your coverages would be all over the board. And that's what the insurance Commissioner's trying to do, is regulate the insurance insurance company.
Speaker 1: Yes, but when it.
Speaker 6: Gets to the point where it is now and they're so expensive, and everybody's thinking about well, just like we were talking about, what's the.
Speaker 1: Colorado one called again?
Speaker 3: Fair?
Speaker 1: So fair?
Speaker 6: First of all only goes to seven hundred and fifty thousand, so a lot of people are in trouble right there. But more importantly, more importantly, think about this. Think about this, guys, it's actual cash value on everything, no replacement cost.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 6: If there's a fire and my twenty year old couch is gone, I get a new couch. If my house that's fifty years is gone, I get a new house. It's however much it costs to rebuild that house. Now you're talking about I just think of like your typical house in Parker or Highland's ranch, a typical track home. I mean, my god, if it's thirty years old, the argument could be, I mean, it's worth thirty percent, right, I mean, I don't even know what it comes in at.
Speaker 8: It's it's you think about it. It's a It's exactly how auto policy is is covered.
Speaker 6: Yeah, your new car, your car could sell for a fifty thousand dollars brand new right now. But because you're is seven years old, that car is worth five grand. You're gonna get five grand for your house if it burns down.
Speaker 8: Right, I mean, obviously there's a market for it. With auto insurance, it's much easier to.
Speaker 1: You think of the home insurance Brian.
Speaker 6: For the life of me, I have never thought, with the exception of roofs in Colorado, I have never thought of.
Speaker 1: Actual cash value.
Speaker 6: And how many people out there have an ACV policy right now for wind in hail perils that probably don't even know it. How many people a year call you up after a hailstorm they see the neighbors getting a new roof and they call you up and they think they have one thousand dollars deductible, which they might, but not for hail and not for other perils. How many people are in that boat.
Speaker 8: Our customers, very few because you tell them well, or we try not to put them with a carrier that has ACV at all roof. Yeah, now that's or you get the charge exactly. You got to give them a choice. But there are more than you can celt that have their state farm farm, all state that have no clue that at ten years of age it went to ACV.
Speaker 6: You know what, if people call you, let me ask you something. If people call you and I'm gonna give the number out again, not just for a quote, see if they can save money. And also, of course, as we talked about, make sure the replacement cost on their house is in line for God's sake, because like we said in Boulder ninety seven, what was it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it was in ninety eight, it was something ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Almost every person was under insured, some of them by so much it's crazy. But the other thing, the other thing you can tell them, they might not even know if they have an ACV policy, right, they might have been with State Farm all States, some of these, some of these captive agents that don't shop you with anybody else. They could have been with those, and when they renewed, you know, the guy calls up and says here, yeah, just sign there, it's all good.
Speaker 1: You don't even know.
Speaker 8: They don't even have to have them signed. It comes up on renewal and people don't look a term, and a lot of times it doesn't say ACV. It will say root payment schedule, roof payment schedule.
Speaker 6: They have no idea what that means. Hell, I have no idea what that means. And it's actual cash value, or they have a percentage of the dwelling, which could be a twenty thirty forty thousand dollar out of pocket new roofs.
Speaker 1: If you have to have a new roof.
Speaker 6: Yeah, God, people are nuts not to call listen. I've used Brian for god, what's it been ten plus years?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: When I bought that Tesla, I about had a heart attack. I swear to god, I couldn't believe how much the insurance was on that thing.
Speaker 1: And I wonder if it's going to go up even more.
Speaker 8: They're coming down just because they're becoming more and more common, so parts are becoming more available to think.
Speaker 6: Oh, that was the big thing with them, was getting apart because it was Tesla and Tesla.
Speaker 1: Only and they were hogging the hound.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 6: Three oh, this is Brian's number. Give these guys a call. Gary's got an issue with eviction. We have some lines open. I promise Gary, I'll come to you hopefully we can help you out. Three zero three Martino three oh three seven one three eight two five five the Insurance Help Center. Please give these guys a call. If you've been putting it off, it's it's worth just asking them. They're not gonna twist your arm. They're gonna give you nothing.
Speaker 1: But the facts. They're going to tell you if you're under insured.
Speaker 6: They're going to tell you, more importantly, what kind of insurance you have right now. They're gonna tell you if you can save money, and they're gonna tell you anything you want to know about insurance. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand three zero three nine nine six nine thousand, and then hopefully Brian will get some examples for everybody on how much you can save. That's what I love about when you're in studio. There was one time it was thirty thousand dollars a year. I admit it was excessive because you they didn't have an umbrella, or they were overpaying for the umbrella.
Speaker 5: It was just forgetted.
Speaker 8: They had a number of cars and homes and that kind of thing and all kinds stuff.
Speaker 6: But they were overpaying by thirty thousand. And not only that, I remember what it was, they were overpaying by thirty and not only did you come in with better insurance, better coverage, you got them an umbrella which they didn't have. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, Gary, You're up next, three zero three Martino.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: I had two.
Speaker 6: People ask me for the insurance help some help center number three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. By the way, this hour brought to you by Paul the waterman man the best for less.
Speaker 1: They have a system right now under four grand. Listen to this.
Speaker 6: Not only do you get rid of forevery chemicals, so and this is in the whole house, not point of use.
Speaker 1: I don't care what fossel you use.
Speaker 6: In the house. You're not going to have that plastic in there, which is incredible because it's everywhere. Look up for every chemicals. If you don't believe me, it's nuts. On top of that, it's going to get rid of chlorine, and then on top of that, it's going to soften your water.
Speaker 1: It's going to do everything.
Speaker 6: Then he's going to throw in a reverse osmosis for your kitchen sink, so you get a point of use reverse osmosis, and then the entire system for the house that does everything else. We talked about less than four grand. The competition is like eight nine ten grand. Call them out. They'll test the water for free. They're great people. Waterpros dot net. That's waterpros dot net. Now, let's see what's going on with this poor guy? Hey Gary, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 6: It says you have an issue with eviction. Are you getting evicted or are you trying to evict somebody?
Speaker 3: I'm getting I was evicted, you.
Speaker 1: Were a victim. Well it might be a little late to call it all start.
Speaker 3: It all started August twenty third of last year.
Speaker 1: What happened my hand?
Speaker 3: My hand went numb when I was on the computer and I called VA. I'm a veteran. I called the VA twenty four Owners helpline. She said, get to the emergency room immediately. So I went to Penrose Emergency in Colorado Springs, and in the waiting room in the emergency, I suffered a major stroke.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, man, what was your Hey real quick? So I just want to understand this. Your your left hand went like super numb or tinglely or kind of describe it as best as you can.
Speaker 3: My right hand was I couldn't feel the mouse. I couldn't feel the mouse anymore. And I picked up the TV or moll control and I couldn't feel that. So I called the twenty fire inners Helpline.
Speaker 1: I got that part. Did your other hand?
Speaker 6: I'm saying this just for everybody listening to know the signs of a major stroke. So your left hand at this point though you can feel stuff. Yes, that's amazing. So that was really the only sign? Was that right hand going super numb? Or was your other signs?
Speaker 3: None? There's told me to get to the emergency room immediately, and I did. God, and I'm sitting in the waiting room. I'm sitting in the waiting room and a male nurse walks into the waiting room looks at me and points at me and starts yelling stroke, stroke, stroke, And I passed out.
Speaker 1: And that's wow.
Speaker 6: What do you remember? Like when you woke up? How long is it? Where are you at?
Speaker 3: I woke up the next morning and intensive care they operated on me. They did some sort of section on my brain and removed clots, and I couldn't walk and I couldn't talk for a couple of months.
Speaker 6: Was it in the main artery? Where was the clot? Did they ever tell you?
Speaker 3: No? They never really figured out. They're pretty sure it was coming from the heart.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Something, it's just terrifying.
Speaker 6: Something breaks loose, some piece of plaque, breaks loose and all of a sudden, you're having a stroke. You are so freaking lucky you got to that hospital.
Speaker 1: You might not be alive.
Speaker 3: Brother, That's true, and what's funny is not funny. When I left the tensive care six days later, the doctor pulled me aside and said, you did not have one stroke? I said, what did I have? He said, you had four strokes? Well, MRI when you were passed out. He said, we did an MRI when you were out called and we found four strokes.
Speaker 1: What do they do afterwards?
Speaker 6: We're going to get to your eviction problem, but I'm just fascinated by this. What like, what is the follow up? In other words, do you go in for screening?
Speaker 5: Do they put you.
Speaker 6: On some kind of medication so basically the plaque breaks down, or what or anything at all?
Speaker 1: What do they do?
Speaker 3: They increased my blood pressure pressure medication to a stronger dosage, and they increased my cholesterol medication to a very strong dosage. There's about all they can do.
Speaker 6: We just got so just a side note, it terrified the hell out of me. Guys, Suzanne and I went in. We spent one hundred and seventy nine bucks to have this artery scan this full. It was more than that. It was like three different things and you just sit there. Have you done this, Brian? They put this like, I don't even know what it's called. I guess it's like, it's not an X ray machine. What do they put on a baby a pregnant woman's belly.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's it's it looks like that. It's kind of like vassiline.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but the wand thing.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I don't know, thank you.
Speaker 6: And they put it right up on your big arteries on both sides and they're squeezing it and they're looking for.
Speaker 1: Any plaque build up.
Speaker 6: And then you know, they tell you what's going on, and it just terrifies the hell out of me. I mean, we were fine, but I mean just that's how that's how bad I am. So when I hear a story like this, I'm just like, now, now, if if I sleep on my arm wrong in my hand goes numb, I'm gonna have Suzanne drive me to the damn hospital. Hey, you guys think I'm kidding, I'm not kidding. That stuff terrifies me. Let's fast forward. What's going on with the eviction.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I was bed ridden for several months. I got I got out of the hospital and I called the company I was working for out of Florida, their Senior Life Services. I was a life insurance salesman. Remote got it. I called them and I told him I had a stroke and I have to learn how to walk again and I couldn't talk. I did a month off.
Speaker 1: See, pretty hard to sell insurance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they fired me.
Speaker 1: Oh that sucks, bro. Did you get on unemployment at least?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't done anything.
Speaker 1: When did they fire you.
Speaker 3: A week after the stroke?
Speaker 5: So August? Still? Basically no, it was.
Speaker 3: August twenty third night of the stroke. They fired me around September first.
Speaker 6: But would you say you haven't done anything? I'm just curious. Why didn't you go apply for unemployment? How long did you work for this company? Were you like a ten ninety nine commission only or what?
Speaker 3: Yes? Oh, thay nine. I tried to get an attorney to go after him for a lawful termination and he said, you were ten ninety nine. There's nothing I can do. Florida is a right to work state.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, it's curious you're here though, right in Colorado?
Speaker 3: Yes, from Colorado Spring.
Speaker 5: Did they pay you?
Speaker 1: And I'm just curious, man, totally curious. Did they pay.
Speaker 6: You under a LLC that you owned? Or did they pay Gary whatever your last name is?
Speaker 7: My name?
Speaker 6: That's very curious. Did you even try to file for unemployment?
Speaker 9: Gary?
Speaker 3: No? Because I wasn't able to walk or talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you, all right, let me do this, Let me do this.
Speaker 6: I'm fascinated by this and I'm really hoping we can help you out, but I got to take this break. I promise I'll come back to you. First two open lines three zero three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: You know, this one's a little nuts. We're trying to figure out. You know, this poor guy had a stroke back in August, and after he had this stroke, he basically lost his job. It was a ten ninety nine job. I wanted to say something, and why I was saying even though it's a ten ninety nine unemployment, I don't care where the company's located in Colorado.
Speaker 1: There's a few things.
Speaker 6: If you only represent one company and all you do is work for one company, and you work when they tell you to work. In other words, you know, Monday through Friday, we want you on your computer selling insurance between ten and three, and you have a business card that says that company's logo on it with your name that they provided, and you don't sell anything else for anybody else. You only work for that one company. You'd be surprised you might get unemployment. So I'm not going to be labor that point. Gary or beat a dead horse is probably a better one with that. But I think a call to unemployment might be worth just you collecting some money. So I just wanted to throw that out there. But let's keep moving on. So you got fired about a week after you wake up from the stroke. You've got to learn to walk, you got to learn to talk. And the bottom line is you can't sell insurance anymore, so the company doesn't have you. And then when did the landlord come into this? What happened next?
Speaker 3: Because I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't walk, and uh, I was falling every time I'd get out of bed and hurt myself pretty badly a few times. And I couldn't work. I couldn't get it work because I couldn't talk. I couldn't talk on the telephone to.
Speaker 1: I get it man.
Speaker 3: And so in January I got a notice of eviction that they're victim me for non payment of risk?
Speaker 6: How far back at this point? When did you get that notice?
Speaker 3: January?
Speaker 6: Was August paid for when you had the stroke? Was that month paid or were you already in the rears?
Speaker 3: No? I was paid up to that point, so did you?
Speaker 1: So you didn't pay?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 3: September, September, November, October? I just couldn't pay. I couldn't work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get you talk. So then they then they evicted you for nonpayment.
Speaker 3: Well, as you can tell, I can now talk. Yeah, it's taken a while of course, I still walk with a cane. I was evicted for non payment of rent. Yeah, there should be some of the American Disabilities Act that, you know, somebody in my condition should have been protected.
Speaker 6: I don't think so. Is that your question to me? Yes, Yeah, I don't think so. For the failure to pay rent for three four months, I mean, that's it. I mean, they're going to event you. And honestly, I hate to say this. I feel for you big time, man, I feel for anybody in that case. But you know, the landlord has to get paid for all. We know he's got a mortgage on that property or anything. Yeah, Brian, what.
Speaker 8: About rents assistance? Did you go that route, because that's possible.
Speaker 3: I tried with the VA and came up with nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, he's in such bad shape at the time, but there's no there is no law that I know of that is going to protect you after that amount of time.
Speaker 3: Well, right right now, I'm in VA emergency housing, which really sucks.
Speaker 1: What is that describe like? Where you live? Tell us about it.
Speaker 3: I live at a Salvation Army shelter.
Speaker 7: Geez.
Speaker 3: Part of it has been isolated for veterans only. Yeah, and it sucks. It's like a barracks type situation. It just sucks.
Speaker 6: Well, what can we do to help you at this point? There's no there's nothing we're going to do with that landlord or get you back in there.
Speaker 1: Can you work now?
Speaker 6: Maybe someone's listening that could hire you.
Speaker 3: No, I did. American American Family Insurance has given me an offer to work for them, nice, which I'm going to accept. It's commission only, but take it. Yeah, I'm going to go to work for them.
Speaker 1: And how long have you been selling insurance?
Speaker 3: About four years?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean let me ask you something, Brian, just because you own Compass Insurance, typically when you work for American Family or.
Speaker 1: Any of these guys. I didn't realize.
Speaker 6: So American Family, they'll hold you hostage, right, They only sell American Family.
Speaker 1: It's a captive company. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, and most of their agents are generally ten ninety nine is a normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, that's how it was. I worked at all State before I started this twenty five years ago. Yeah, could you work for other people as well? Nope, the captive contract you can only work for them, but they still don't consider you an employee. You're not w two it is definitely a ten ninety one a contract.
Speaker 6: I wonder if there's a loophole for that just because of the insurance board or the commission. I have never heard when you worked for the other company who wasn't American Family Gary So.
Speaker 3: The company that fired me, Yeah, Senior Life Services out of Florida.
Speaker 1: Could you work for other people or just them?
Speaker 3: No? I was a captive.
Speaker 6: See okay, okay, hold on, I'm not you know what. I'll talk to you a little after break. I'm not sure what else to help you with. I'm very glad you got new job. Maybe we can put fielders out there for an apartment or something. But three oh three seven one three A two five five and give the insurance help center a call. Three oh three nine nine cents nine thousand. We've got a couple hours to go.
Speaker 1: I want a healer from you.
Speaker 12: Three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Ris so you don't have.
Speaker 4: Us as we can show.
Speaker 5: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 6: Coming man this he is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kind.
Speaker 1: We are here to solve problems.
Speaker 6: Answer questions, take complaints, try to make your life a little bit better. And that's what we love doing. We have recouped over three hundred million dollars UH in forty years directly due to this show. Think of that, three hundred million dollars in cash and merchandise exchanges, refund services directly do At one point, we helped a person actually get a liver. We help someone get a liver, We found a donor for him years ago. We've helped people do all kinds of things over the years. You know, one of the things we were talking about during the break is this poor guy, he's a veteran. He got evicted. He didn't pay for a while. There's nothing we can do there for Gary, But right now he finally did get a new job, and Gary, I'll finish up with you real quick. You didn't happen to opt in? What is it referred to?
Speaker 1: Again to me?
Speaker 5: Juree Colorado Family leve Act. It goes by this acronym called family. I'm not sure what it stands for.
Speaker 6: So if you're an independent contractor, and by the way, I did look up in Colorado, listen to this.
Speaker 1: This is kind of crazy.
Speaker 6: Under most conditions, you would be considered an employee. But there are some exemptions. One is for domestic workers like a nanny or an no pair. One is for real estate brokers and agents like insurance agents with a contract working solely on commission. So the industry itself carved out a loophole with our legislature. I mean, that's the bottom line. So you're not going to go down that road. It kind of sucks. So because me paying somebody to give you an idea, Kelly is an independent contractor for me, she answers the phone when you call. But Kelly also works for Dan Kaplis And who else do you work for?
Speaker 5: Kelly?
Speaker 6: Don't you work for Ryan Tump sometimes too. You work for numerous different people or your your LLC does.
Speaker 1: Yes, So because she does.
Speaker 6: Because she works for me but does the same thing for other people, we all pay her. She's not our employee. Plus she owns her own company. What's your company.
Speaker 1: Called in Root Productions?
Speaker 6: Yeah, in Root Productions. So I mean that's what she does for a living. She works for herself. Now, Kelly, I don't know if you know this, but Dmitri found this out for Gary. You can either opt in or opt out. No, you don't have to opt out. You're automatically out unless you choose to opt in.
Speaker 1: So you have to opt in. You have to the Family Leave Act.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're self employed, did you know that, Kelly?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you opt in? Or no?
Speaker 17: I have not opted in because Mike kids are.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't matter. It would not matter because they're old enough where literally it wouldn't matter.
Speaker 5: But you know, the interesting part about this family is it also covers you if you needed to take time off. Oh, that's it. That's the prime. So that's why I looked it up on behalf of our caller.
Speaker 6: So, Gary, you don't happen to know if you opted into the Family Leave Act, did you, because that might be another source of money.
Speaker 5: Mark, there's a time on that of one year.
Speaker 1: I think, so you got to opt in for the following year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to be with someone for a year.
Speaker 1: Oh how long were you with that other company? Gary?
Speaker 5: Gary?
Speaker 1: I think I hear him talking, but I don't hear him.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean we'll kind of leave it at that, but for I'm just going to drop him for people listening, though, if you own your own business, you can opt into it. And what does it cover? Dmitri Basically, so you're saying not only if you had a kid, or if you were adopting a child or anything along those lines, if you actually had a stroke, it would most likely cover you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it covers you against stuff like that. It also I actually have a friend who just started this Family Leave Act a couple of days ago because this person was having some stress issues. It's a you know, a young single female.
Speaker 6: Now was it an individual like her own company or she worked.
Speaker 5: For so she was an employee.
Speaker 1: So while she's on it, how much does she get.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's like.
Speaker 8: Seventy It is a formula and it's not universal. They because I've had employees that have been on this for either health related issues.
Speaker 1: So you have to have it now for your employees. Yeah, every employee.
Speaker 6: When I had employees, I mean we're going back to twenty fifteen, this wasn't a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's newer.
Speaker 5: Yes, it started like a year or two.
Speaker 6: Even if you don't back in the day, I had like forty eight employees.
Speaker 1: If I went over fifty.
Speaker 6: To give you an idea, I had to have certain health coverage for them under Obamacare, but under fifty I didn't. Is it the same way now or it doesn't matter if you have one or fifty.
Speaker 8: In Colorado, it's it's just automatic automatic.
Speaker 1: You're doing this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and and I think it's three months give I think is what it is of a payment?
Speaker 1: How much life they get paid?
Speaker 5: Well, it looked so she got approved for nine weeks.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: I didn't ask how much, but I did kind of quickly glance at their website. There's some there's a formula and it depends on your annual income relative to the average state income, and then how long you've been working and how much you actually.
Speaker 1: Marr So it's a formula.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like either six or nine hundred bucks a week is kind of like what it looked like to me. So it's kind of like unemployment.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, on it. So if you're if you're in it, yes you do. I don't like dragging your paycheck from my heart. You pay into family leads, that is correct? And how much do you know how much you pay in?
Speaker 15: I honestly don't, but I think it's like a half a percent or something something like that, as well as iHeart kicks in that other half way.
Speaker 6: Have you used it like when you had the grand baby? Would you be allowed to use it? I think I would be able to, but you didn't.
Speaker 1: I did not know.
Speaker 6: Do you think an employer and I don't. I'm not talking just iHeart. It's weird because we're sitting in there building. But do you think they frown upon it?
Speaker 15: I don't think the higher ups around here would really care so much. It's okay, complicated to work around for sure. It's just like taking vacation.
Speaker 1: It'd be harder on your peers and it would be on the higher ups. Correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't think the employer gets penalized to the extent they do for unemployment claims.
Speaker 6: And they can't be fired though, right exactly? Is that the main thing? So you get some money, but you're paying into it.
Speaker 5: You're paying a little bit into it. So the benefit to the employee is you can take this paid time off when the need arises, and you can't be fired for it, and your employer is required to work.
Speaker 6: God, that'd be so hard, just coming from a small business aspect. I don't know if I like it or not. I, honest to God, don't know if I like it. We've got a friend, listen to this. We've got a friend whose wife had a baby, really good friend. We know the parents more than we know them. But he's a little older than our kids, and we watched him grow up and they got married. He works for a company in Europe. He works for a big company, but he lives in Colorado. He got six months when she had a baby. I just sit there and I go back to when Suzanne had our kids, you know, twenty three, twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: We had nothing like that. I worked, she was home with the kid, and that's just.
Speaker 5: How it was.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know how else to put it. I find it insane. His company once again, is based somewhere in Europe or Germany, somewhere, I don't know exactly where. So he got six months, she got three months. Think about this. The woman that had the baby could take three months off, he could take six months off. But I I bet what he found is when he came back a lot of his peers were bumped up in the ranks while he was gone.
Speaker 1: So that would be a reason not.
Speaker 5: To do it. Yeah, well, that's generally the reason not to take a lot of time off from work, because you make valuable.
Speaker 6: To just in general, and I don't know if I'm like old school this way, I don't think so, But just in general, should the man, the guy be able to take off the same amount of time as the mother of the child?
Speaker 1: I mean that is that. I guess it's just normal.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: People are going, ah, you're sexist or whatever, But I'm going to me, that's kind of okay, dragon.
Speaker 5: Is it weird to you?
Speaker 1: If you don't mind me asking.
Speaker 15: I would agree that the man should not get more time than the woman.
Speaker 6: Well, the more time is absolutely insane, and I tell this kid that.
Speaker 1: But if it's there for the taking, it's kind of not. I didn't get away with it.
Speaker 6: And Brian, I mean, you're here as a guest with Compass insurance. I don't want to get you in trouble. Yeah, I'm going to be very delicate about this. I mean, but be delicate.
Speaker 8: I do think it's it's becoming more the norm, especially with a younger generation. Because I'm with you, whenever I had kids, it wasn't an option number when I had my own business number two. But I and I think there's probably a healthy medium there. I took like two days off work and then was back and and you know, I probably could have been around a little bit more than that. Yeah, but I do think the younger generation, I'm seeing both the title people are taking off the three months.
Speaker 15: You had made mentioned there, Mark that, Yeah, I have a new grandson here and he's about a month and a half or so old. The daughter in law is a stay at home mom, so she didn't have to worry about taking anything off.
Speaker 1: But my son, yeah, he took a month off.
Speaker 6: He took to family leave the whole month, but he could have done three months.
Speaker 15: I'm not sure as to how much he could have done, but yeah, he was like, eh, I'm going to take the whole month. Way twenty twenty five years ago, when my kid came around, I took a half a day and I was like, all right, I got it back to work and put in eighty hours.
Speaker 6: That's the same time I had. We had Miles and it's you know what. We went to the hospital and once we left the.
Speaker 5: Hospital, I was back to work. Dad day.
Speaker 6: Suzanne was with home with the kids. I mean, but now like it's I don't know, Suzanne.
Speaker 1: Actually preferred that, I think is what I've heard. Oh shut up, Oh damn.
Speaker 5: That one.
Speaker 17: Stunned by the way, just so everybody knows, I actually went to work early. I had six weeks off after I had Hayley, and I went to work.
Speaker 6: Were they paid yes, how just because the company worked for a paid you.
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, there was no family leave or anything nope. Yeah.
Speaker 17: And so but I went to work two weeks earlier because she was such a boring baby.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 17: She basically just slept all the time and it was really boring, and I was like, I need to get back to work.
Speaker 6: I just said, Okay, how about how about if you had the kid now, Kelly, Well, hold one, you had a baby now, and Adam could take six months off and you could only take three.
Speaker 17: Okay, I could not tolerate six months of Adam being humpy.
Speaker 1: It's it's insane act. Not absolutely not.
Speaker 17: No, I would make him go back after probably a couple weeks, which is what happened. He took a couple weeks off after Shover was born, a couple weeks off after Haley was born, and then he was back to work and back to the grind. And like I said, I took you know, I had six weeks, but I didn't take the whole time.
Speaker 1: So Scott, what do you think, I don't know, you're older.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think, like Brian, it's becoming more popular.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean it's right, No, But.
Speaker 6: I liked what Kelly said this her employer paid for it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't isn't some of that tax funded?
Speaker 5: Or no?
Speaker 6: Is a is the family leave funded by our money at all?
Speaker 1: Or is it only funded by the employee?
Speaker 17: When yeah, yeah, I already paid into it so I could have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And plus that's a great perk if you work for a big company. I mean, that's a hell of a nice perk if they give that to you when you have a baby six weeks off. But it's just different to me. And when you own your own business. I mean, Brian, you owned Compass. I mean, when you have someone leave and they're going to be gone for eight weeks.
Speaker 1: I want you to be honest.
Speaker 6: Someone comes to you and says, Brian, as you know, my wife just had a baby, and or nowadays, hey my my husband just had a baby. Whatever it happens to be so, and then basically you say, oh, that's great, congratulations. You know, we sent her balloons and stuff and blah blah blah. And then they learn, by the way, I'm taking three months off and they're a key employee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's got a bug the hell out of you. Well, it's just reality. It's what you do.
Speaker 8: You have to what it is now, and so it's happened to us. Yeah, and you know they have that right and they're paying in so you know, I don't say anything.
Speaker 6: I remember hearing stories from my grandmother that her mother had her brother on the kitchen floor in their house and made dinner that night. Okay, listen to what I just said. Now, people might say, no, way, that didn't happen. I don't know why my grandmother would have shared that with me. Think about that. I mean, we're going back to the late eighteen hundreds. I mean, I don't think people went to the hospital to have babies. I think a lot of breech babies and a lot of women died, probably and a lot of babies died, but because it was different back then. But think about that. Have a baby, then cook dinner. Now I'm not saying I'm not saying I condone that kind of behavior by any means. But think of how far we've come in such a small amount of time. I noticed how there's no comments on that. Brian, what do you think about that? About what about having a baby than cooking dinner that same night?
Speaker 5: Dimitri I squirrels.
Speaker 6: It's almost like the deputy Dock has come out in me all of a sudden, for the first time in my life, I feel like deputy doc, you know, delivering a thousand babies, I would be curious. You know what that is the biggest part. I bet a lot of I bet a lot of babies died back then. You know, people talk about how the population has exploded.
Speaker 5: Just think hospitals and really just just birth well, yeah, a huge number of women died in childbirth.
Speaker 1: Oh big time.
Speaker 5: A breach could kill you easily, right, well, even non breach, I mean, women would just bleed to death, just bleed out on the kitchen floor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's crazy, all right. Hey George, what's going on with you?
Speaker 9: Also?
Speaker 1: Hey George? Yeah, I can hear me, Yeah, I can hear you.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, man, I got to take a break real quick, but go ahead. What's your question?
Speaker 9: Basically, the people you used to advertise for, like twelve ninet nine or thirty nine nine water eaters, I can't find them on your referral list.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm going to make you hold for that.
Speaker 6: And I hate to do it, but I promised George right after it, and I'm doing it for a reason because you said something I want to make sure you understand. Three zero three Martino.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right three o three seven one three eight two five five. Hey Frank Durand the real Estate Man. If you listen to the show, he's the nicest guy out there. And if you need to sell your house and want the most money and sell it the quickest, you call Frank. If you're looking at buying a house and you want to negotiate and get the best deal on it, you call Frank. I have used him multiple times. He's a great man, nicest guy you're ever gonna meet. He'll also do a free evaluation for you just for calling them. Not only will you get to meet him, but you're gonna find out how much that house is worth right now if you haven't had it done. And by the way, there's no arm twisting here. He just hopes he gets to meet you. And if you decide to sell in five years, you're gonna call him. You're gonna love it. A free value including the comps and everything. Check him out at Frank durand homes dot com. In fact, usually when you call up Frank answers Frank Durant Holmes dot com. Now, I promised I was going back to you, George. You said a company we used to advertise for that sold water heaters for thirteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: It's euro Plumbing.
Speaker 6: And the only thing I wanted to correct you on is we still advertise for him. We don't do a ton of radio form right now, but they're still on our referral list. If you went to our referral list, you would have found him right there.
Speaker 9: I'm not really having a hard time with you referral list. Just like putting in like water heater, for instance, on a skirt or anything like that.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna try it right now. Hold on, I just want to see if they even come up. Hold on, hold on. We just had some other stuff. I'll tell you. You talk about a work in progress. Every time I fix something or have our people on the background fix something on it, it appears as something breaks, which is just mind blowing to me. One aspect of the search, and all of a sudden, I have another aspect with it.
Speaker 1: And what did you search water heater?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 9: I couldn't even do it on a computer because it keeps on taking me to other websites. But when I do it on the phone, well you.
Speaker 5: Never don't Google it.
Speaker 6: You just go to waterheater or waterheater dot com. You just go to referral list dot com. The very first one that came up was euro Plumbing, then water pros, Apple Air, Father and Daughter Plumbing, Prime Plumbing, Time Plumbing, Aspen Meadows Plumbing, Done Plumbing, Plumbline fix it.
Speaker 9: I'll try my phone because something's going on my computer. It takes it websites not yours. When I say Tom like Commartino troubleshooter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just go literally, just go to referral list dot com.
Speaker 1: One word. You can spell.
Speaker 6: It, however, I mean, just spell it correctly.
Speaker 1: But here's the deal. I'll give you the phone number right now. Bet, I have it up.
Speaker 6: Euro Plumbing is at I think it was a seven to zero. Oh, I'm on page two. Hold on, I feel like Tom all of a sudden, I'm trying to I'm trying to do something on the radio I shouldn't be doing on the radio.
Speaker 5: Okay, here it is.
Speaker 6: It is three h three six six eight sixty eight forty four euro plumbing. Yeah, I think it's thirteen ninety nine. It might have went up to fourteen ninety nine. They put two in my house last year. They also sell high efficiency stuff, fast recovery.
Speaker 5: How big is your house?
Speaker 9: Well, it's actually for the future. I've got five rentals. I'm going out of town.
Speaker 1: Oh you just want cheapis at?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean even preemptively change some of them out before there's a problem. But at least I'll have the number one I'm out of town.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know what I do is I tell them, Hey, listen, I'm looking to get in three at one time. Can you do any better? I mean, see if they'll bargain with you. They're already so cheap. I don't know if.
Speaker 1: You can do anything.
Speaker 6: But I mean, really they do sell everything, but for rentals. I would just get a basic efficiency, get a forty gallon or a fifty gallon and call it done.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, all right, sounds good. Hey, appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you holding so long to get a phone number. George, I really do three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Brian Compass Insurance, do we have any examples of money you guys have saved from listeners. It called in to the insurance help center and three oh three nine nine six nine thousand.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have one here that I pulled out just because it was one of the things we talked about earlier. This person called there with Liberty Mutual and had been with them.
Speaker 1: For years at a big company. Yeah, Liberty Mutual is huge, got it?
Speaker 8: Uh? And it ended up where we moved them to auto owners. But they had home and auto. They had minimum liability. They only had what is minimy mind, so their liability limit on the auto insurance was twenty five thousand dollars per person. Yeah, fifty thousand per accident, fifteen thousand for property damage. That means so whatever they hit another car that they hit the most, their insurance would pay us fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: My god, you couldn't buy my door for fifteen thousand. Well, yeah, there's no cars out there that were There's nothing you can get fixed in a body shop for fifteen thousand. Right, So what happens in a case like that, I'll tell you what happens. If there's a lot of injuries and a lot of damage, if they find out you got a job and got some equity in your house.
Speaker 8: You're getting sued. You're getting sued. You've got to come out of pocket. Your insurance is even going to defend you. Because here's what happens. The insurance company looks at the damages and says, we'll pay out twenty five thousand max payout or fifteen thousand for the product.
Speaker 6: They don't even have to defend you in the lawsuit. No, what if they offer full amount.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 8: And so they pay the fifteen thousand in this case, and immediately the person can go and sue the individual out.
Speaker 6: Just think about that, to Matre, think about that shopper you run into somebody. I can think of a handful of cars, like a nineteen seventy nine Granada. You might not do fifteen thousand dollars worth of damage, but if you run into anything that's made in the last ten years, it's going to be over fifteen grand. I'd sue them if I ran in If you ran into May and did fifty grand worth of damage to my car or totaled it and all you had was fifteen thousand bucks, and especially if I had.
Speaker 1: Injuries, I'd call up John fuller.
Speaker 6: And I'll tell you right now, if John knew you had assets, he wouldn't take twenty five grand.
Speaker 1: He'd come after you. Oh of course.
Speaker 5: And by the way, there are a lot of insurance agents out there who don't explain that to people just because they want to be the cheapest option.
Speaker 1: They want to be genet.
Speaker 5: Sounds like the definition of malpractice within that industry.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and this one in particular, I think had been with livery mutual for and that's more of a direct type.
Speaker 1: It was twenty years ago. Maybe that was enough.
Speaker 8: It was maybe enough, but you don't have an agent with the livery mutual in this case. This was directly with the carrier. So you're kind of responsible to be checking up on your own insurance.
Speaker 6: What kind of homeowners did they have? Did they have ACV through? No, they did have a p sinach deductible, but that was the other.
Speaker 1: Part of this.
Speaker 6: How much was a percentage? Yeah it was one percent? Okay, so what's the house worth? Roughly it was six hundred thousand, So they have a six thousand dollars deductible, right, which is not out That's normal, But what ended up happening with auto owners normal nowadays.
Speaker 8: Nowadays it's normal auto owners. They moved them and got an umbrella, so they had now have one point five million of life.
Speaker 1: I mean they.
Speaker 6: Also went up to two fifty five hundred, That's what I mean. So they went from twenty five fifty yep to two hundred and fifty five hundred, right, and then they have an umbrella that picks up from there for how much?
Speaker 1: For another million?
Speaker 6: So now they have instead of twenty five thousand dollars in coverage, yeah, they have one point five million exactly.
Speaker 1: And did you save the money? A couple thousand is what this age?
Speaker 7: God?
Speaker 6: So you also saved so they have the coverage. I can't even factor that percentage, I mean, what the hell is that? Five thousand to one point five million is a butt load percentage A lot more, a lot more. So four times ten is forty twenty sixty times to the coverage, right, sixty times to coverage.
Speaker 1: And you saved them two grand, that's right?
Speaker 8: And how about the what kind of deductile? Now one percent that's the minimum with it's still six thousand deductive?
Speaker 1: What's the house in line?
Speaker 8: As far as evaluation, Well, they had twenty five percent extended replacement costs, meaning that if the house burned down, they'll go over the dwelling limits seven right now, it's fifty percent more.
Speaker 6: So that's even more coverage coverage, the more liability, more home coverage yep, better coverage yeah, and less month and saving them a couple thousand. See, people don't believe Listen, we have Brian in for a reason. This is a consumer show. I swear to god. Folks, if you've heard it before, just call them up. In fact, what other states our podcast is heard everywhere?
Speaker 1: Brian?
Speaker 6: I know you do because you do mile stuff in Nebraska. Yeah, and you do why because you do addy stuff yep? So where else?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 8: Obviously what's primarily Colorado status? Arizona? Why is that because people a lot of people that have second homes there. So it's just a natural it just works that way. Yeah, we get a ton of business for Arizona.
Speaker 6: You've got Arizona, Wyoming, Nebraska, of course, Colorado, Utah.
Speaker 1: Then we're licensed in Texas. How about New Mexico? We're licensed in New Mexico.
Speaker 6: Listen to anybody out there listening, and they're going to be the first ones to tell you if they can't save you money. I swear to God. I swear to God. In fact, last year, Brian knows this. I shop Farmers in State farm because mine came up so much higher, simply because we live in the woods.
Speaker 5: It's the way it is.
Speaker 6: And I tried the other ones, and I simply couldn't get better coverage.
Speaker 1: I simply couldn't get it.
Speaker 6: You still had the best coverage no matter how I look at it. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. We got some lines open, By the way, I'd love to hear from you. Three zero three Martino.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all right.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of We want to hear from you. We got lines open now now, Dmitri, you said you had some questions for Brian. We already had one that he saved two thousand a month and got him such.
Speaker 1: Higher coverage year two thousand a year.
Speaker 8: Just two thousand years, two thousand month would be a really good Well.
Speaker 6: One was thirty thousand, Yeah, yeah, they were thirty thousand. That's over two thousand a month. Yeah, hey, and really quick before you go to those questions. We were kind of talking during break. Brian said, I'm surprised people didn't call up about the Family Leave Act, and I think people are just complicit. Now, I actually don't understand something Dragon was telling us. He remembers his story from last year and how much gets taken out of the check point nine percent total.
Speaker 15: So it's point four to five from you, point four to five from your employer.
Speaker 6: And then that's what covers you if you're gone for up to three months family leave for whatever reason. In fact, I think you could have you could say you're having a mental breakdown and be able to leave, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think it's pretty much anything.
Speaker 15: Yeah, if even if your spouse or kid gets sick, you can take take the time off.
Speaker 6: So and you get paid for three months. Your company can't fire you for that amount of time. Now you don't get paid everything. And someone looked up the maximum was like eleven hundred a week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it was you know, the lower waged people, you can make up to ninety percent of your income, but no more than that eleven hundred.
Speaker 1: So the dragon said they went broke.
Speaker 15: I'm pretty sure they went broke after a couple of months last year in twenty twenty four. According to this is family dot Colorado dot gov.
Speaker 1: So where they hell the money goes?
Speaker 15: They paid out almost seven hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: And they didn't collect close to that. I don't believe they collected money.
Speaker 5: So it is our tax money, go of course it is mark where else is this state going to get money?
Speaker 6: Okay, they passed the bill for for the kids to eat free food, and you know what if the kid's parents Okay, de drives me insane.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 15: Now, when we voted on it, they did project that they would collect somewhere around a billion dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but not in two months. So but here's the one with the food that kills me. If a kid can't afford food, well, my god, give them free lunch.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with that.
Speaker 6: But to buy free lunch for every kid is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Why am I buying Bill Gates kids free lunch? Why are you buying my kids free lunch when they were in school? Well, actually they didn't have it there, but it was another thing the Democrats passed here, and of course the damn thing went broke, and now the kids it should be getting free lunch are probably not going to be getting free lunch because you're just stupid here.
Speaker 5: Think about that.
Speaker 1: Why would a rich kid get free lunch?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, there isn't really much to think about. I mean, there is no logical connection between zero logical free lunch for poor kids, which you understand and support, but free lunch for everybody really doesn't seem to make much sense. What is the justification?
Speaker 6: The only justification I can come up with is do I owe.
Speaker 5: You a forty five?
Speaker 1: Or no? No, I do owe you a forty five? Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 6: Listen, here's the only justification I can come up with. One They don't want the kids that are getting the free lunch to be made fun of or feel funny about getting a free lunch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I totally understand that, Like it could be stigmatizing. So just have everyone scam their students. That's what they do. Everyone should get scammed.
Speaker 6: That's what my kids did. You couldn't tell now. Back back in the day when I went, the free lunch kids had a punch card. Everybody knew who the free lunch kids were because guess what, we didn't have computers running the lunchline. We literally had the old lunch lady that was mean as go get out, and the free lunch people had punch cards. That's how our cafeteria. And guess what the popular kids said at one table. Yeah, it was all back in the day. I get it's different now, but nowadays my kids, we'd have to load up a lunch card with cash and everybody used the same payment method. It's not like the free lunch kids. You could tell everybody had the exact same card. So I row that argument of a stigma, stigma stigmatizing. See you said it like I was going to say it. Brian Mark, You're forgetting stigmatizing.
Speaker 17: Mark, You're also forgetting that. They also provide breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know for everybody.
Speaker 5: Oh there's also after school dinner programs too, and if.
Speaker 1: The kids need it, God bless them, they should have it.
Speaker 5: No, No, I totally agree. But now the technology exists to keep the poor kids from getting stigmatized with a free lunch, they should employ that technology and provide the free lunch to them and charge your kids one and a half times the regular price.
Speaker 6: Well wait a minute, just you just stopped here. I was following you up till that last part. That last part I distributed. No, I don't mind helping people eat that simply can't eat, especially kids. But you know that's a whole other conversation, like are the parents actually working or are they drug addicts? Or where are we there because maybe the kids, maybe the kids need new parents.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, folks, three oh three seven one three.
Speaker 5: Eight two five five.
Speaker 18: Dave.
Speaker 6: Issue with the dui car accident, Dave, listen, We're going to be going to the long break, but I'm gonna take plenty of time with you if we got to get an attorney on to help you. In fact, I'll ask you real quick. I got about twenty seconds. Give me, give me in a nutshell with the issue.
Speaker 18: Is I do?
Speaker 9: Mark?
Speaker 18: My wife involved a hit run accident and the guy that took him the detox.
Speaker 5: The car was total, So your car was totaled.
Speaker 6: The other guy was drunk and taken to detox. Right right, all right, hold tight, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna dive into it.
Speaker 6: Hopefully the guy at least had insurance, but we're gonna find out after the break.
Speaker 1: Look, we got another hour to go.
Speaker 6: I want to hear from you any comments you have, any problems you have. Three zero three Martino, don't forget that number works on and off the air. Tell your neighbors, Tell your friends. We love helping, We love talking to people.
Speaker 1: You can email us at.
Speaker 6: Help or Troubleshooter dot com three oho three Martino.
Speaker 1: See you on the other side of this break.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage. We had dozens of insurance companies find out Now three all three seven to seven to one Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 5: Two ripped up.
Speaker 16: New need that who you don't have?
Speaker 4: Come running as fast as we can shoot. That's gonna help.
Speaker 18: Come man, This is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martina, my friends to the only show off.
Speaker 6: It's cand We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Education is very important. We've been talking insurance today and I mean it, folks. If you've been listening to the show, it is so important you check that insurance for so many different reasons. Brian Burns has been with us. He went over a couple examples, and I just to go over one real quick.
Speaker 1: Then we're going to go back with Dave.
Speaker 6: But the people called up, they had assets, they have a house, they only had twenty five thousand dollars in liability coverage, and they didn't have an umbrella. Basically, if they hit somebody and they were at fault, they would probably get sued and lose everything they have. And seriously, Brian, it's crazy. Oh yeah, and now you guys have quoted out, they're gonna have better insurance, they're gonna have liability going up to one point five million dollars, and they're going to have better coverage on their house because it's it'll go fifty percent over if it's a total loss instead of twenty five percent extended coveragep And you saved them two thousand dollars a year, two thousand dollars a year. Yep, it's crazy people. If you don't do it, you're nuts. He's going to shop thirty companies for you. Call them up now. Three oh three nine nine to six nine thousand. I get so many calls from people that save so much money, but more importantly, it's the people that are under insured. I feel bad for because if anything ever happens, and the people that have actual cash value on their roof that think if there's a hailstorm, they're only going to be a couple thousand out of pocket, when in reality they could be paying for the entire roof, like literally, or people that the replacement cost of their house five to eight hundred thousand has a two percent deductible on a roof, so you're deductible could be twenty.
Speaker 8: Thousand dollars, right, Yeah, And the actual cash value portion is where it really gets them, because people have a roof that's twenty years old and they if they have actual cash value, they essentially have no coverage because it's already lived its life.
Speaker 5: No, it is, because basically that's it.
Speaker 6: If the roof cost twenty and it's twenty years old, the roof is deemed useless, right, I mean even though it's still covering your house, but there's no value to the.
Speaker 1: Roof, There is no cash value.
Speaker 6: And if it's ten years old in your roof twenty, they're gonna cut you check for ten thousand.
Speaker 8: Well, no, because then they assess the deductible you have on your policy.
Speaker 6: Tea of course, So I mean you might have zero coverage again, right, people, I swear, just do it if you haven't done it. Brian shops for Susanne and I every single year for our car insurance, are ourv insurance, our motorcycle insurance, our business insurance, our homeowner's insurance, our kids renters insurance. My god, do I spend a lot of money on insurance. Boy, that's depressing just thinking about it. That's part of our life though. If something ever happens and you don't have the coverage, your entire life changes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, especially those liability losses. I mean you know that you just aren't accounting for it.
Speaker 6: A good attorney O come after you. And the umbrella you found for us. I think it's a two million dollar umbrella and it actually extends a are. Yeah, I do have this right are Uninsured driver insurance, unassured motorists, uninsured motorists is so important and people, I'm going to tell you something. If you don't have it, you're absolutely crazy. And I'm going to talk to people that are out there, the average person where the family's making one hundred thousand or less in Colorado. You have a house, you might not even have a lot of equity in it. But I want to tell you why it's so important. You get hit by Joe Blow, and Joe Blow's only got twenty five thousand dollars of insurance. That's going to pay for basically your broken leg, your ability to work, your life changing brain brain injury you now have. And you think you're going to live off twenty five thousand, you're absolutely insane. Your life just changed forever and you have twenty five thousand dollars to live off of. That's where that coverage comes in. That coverage is not for anybody else. It's not for your liability. It's for you and your family. If someone hits you with no insurance or the or the minimal or anything, that's where it kicks in. And we have personally, we have two point five million dollars of that coverage with the umbrella.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well you have a million because you can only get an excess of one million on the umbrella.
Speaker 1: But got it.
Speaker 8: But the point is, I can't tell you how common it is to see people, especially like if they're with Geico, where they've done their own insurance and they'll pick out the cheapest. Well, they go two hundred and fifty thousand, let's say on liability, So they're protecting other people or a lot themselves, But then they have twenty five thousand for uninsured.
Speaker 1: Moment, My god, that's stupid. Yeah, it's I think about that.
Speaker 6: You're you're willing to pay out and protect other people up to two hundred and fifty thousand, but you only have twenty five thousand if you get hit by somebody with no license and no.
Speaker 1: Insurance up or even crappy insurance.
Speaker 6: Right, if they have the general Let me tell you, if someone hits you, Dmitri and they pull out a card that is proof of insurance and it says a general on it. Now, look, I'm being a little overboard here, but my guess is they have the state minimal.
Speaker 8: I would say there's a high probability that they have the same.
Speaker 5: I bet on it.
Speaker 6: All day long, Yeah, and I win all day long. Hey, so Dave, talk about insurance. Your wife was hit by a drunk guy hit your car. Does your wife have injuries?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I got Roma's law on it, and I have that insurance you're talking about okay, and they're going to the card. But the guy hit and run, yeah, right, and he came back now or later, and he was drown high and all that, and.
Speaker 1: Well, what kind of moron?
Speaker 6: Hold on, First of all, it's a hit and run, But what kind of moron would come back to the scene drunk as hell?
Speaker 1: I mean, why.
Speaker 18: Why he lived right in front of the house that right from his house is coming out of his driveway? Head on and keep all my wife?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Did she have injuries?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: So let me ask you something. Did she go to the hospital?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: First nine, did you hire an attorney?
Speaker 18: I got Roma's law almost Roma's law.
Speaker 1: I don't even know Romos. He's the guy.
Speaker 6: He's got like a Ramos. That's why I didn't recognize him. He's like a doctor and an attorney or something. Oh okay, So what's your question for us?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 18: While was daring, you're having a conversation about get a lawyer?
Speaker 3: Go after because.
Speaker 18: It's just mom's car. Yeah, I want to see if I'll be wheel see if the mom has it. They can't put no insurance on the car. I mean, they didn't comp and get the report. They just put in a detox and heave Dave.
Speaker 6: This is exactly what we were just talking about. So I'm going to ask you do you have underinsured coverage and how much is it for?
Speaker 18: I got two hundred thousand policy.
Speaker 6: That you're not answering the question though, what is it called? Brian YOUM and what.
Speaker 8: M uim so uninsured motors? This is for her damages, her injuries. That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: So if this guy hits you and he had no insurance, and you're saying he had no insurance, right.
Speaker 18: I don't know the content put on the report.
Speaker 1: Well okay, well let's hope they do have insurance.
Speaker 6: But even if they don't, if you guys have uim M, you're going to be covered from your own insurance company for what he did.
Speaker 18: Right, I've done that. I have another card too out of Corbett and I was hit okay T and I had injuries that got two stick disk of my neck got it. I had to go out to my insurance company and they paid out one hundred and forty grand.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Perfect. That's what exactly what this insurance is for.
Speaker 18: If I fall another claim against them, won't that be two claims?
Speaker 8: That can to me, No, because those are not at fault claims. ARS claims are not are not chargeable.
Speaker 6: They absolutely can't. I'm going to tell you something else, Dave. I'm glad you hired an attorney because some people think, because I'm dealing with my own insurance company, I don't need an attorney. You're crazy to think that you hire an attorney just like you did, even though part of it's probably going to be on your own insurance company. But like Brian said, and we talked about it first hour, for all the new listeners, now listen to this.
Speaker 5: In the state of.
Speaker 6: Colorado, if you put in acclaim and you're not at fault, maybe you ran into a deer, maybe it hailed, maybe what else, Brian, If it's not your fault, someone ran into you and took off, anything like that. If it's not your fault, then they cannot penalize you.
Speaker 1: For it, exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're in other words, if you're if you're getting your renewal rate, your rate's not going to go up because of this, nor are they going that's a statute, right, Yeah, I don't I know Colorado, you can't charge for not a tea.
Speaker 6: You simply can't. They're not allowed to, so they can't cancel you, Dave, Do you got any other questions?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 18: And I swapped the insurance coming and I got my first ball in my first acts in my corvette. Uh, that went back to Progress and they took me back. So now I'm paying like six seven hundred dollars a month. Yeah for this accident. I'm I'm going to go.
Speaker 8: Up again or no, no again, this accident it's not at falsehood. Your rate won't be won't be. You won't be penalized on your rate because of it.
Speaker 6: You will not be at all. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. Uh, we got a couple of lines open three oh three, Martino CHRISTI, you're next.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: You know, I was watching Easy Money over the weekend. Rodney Dangerfield the funniest line. I mean, this movie's old. I mean Rodney Dangerfield died God quite a while back. Honestly, I'm such a funny man though, just so funny. His favorite line is so, if you haven't seen the movie, I suggest you see it.
Speaker 1: But here's the bottom line. His mother in law dies and in.
Speaker 6: The will, the will says, you get a buttload of money, millions of dollars, but you can't drink, gamble woman eyes, smoke and smoke cigarettes or drugs for one year. So he's got to be perfectly clean for one year. Then he gets millions of dollars, and his first question out of his mouth after they say that, he goes and they say he can't. During clicker, he goes, yeah, that doesn't beer doesn't count, right, that would be my first question too. It's like, well, you don't mean beer, right, You're talking hard alcohol.
Speaker 5: And so the movie is just.
Speaker 6: Hilarious if you haven't seen it. I'm not going to give away the ending. There's a lot of people that haven't seen it. And if you haven't gone back and visited it, you've seen it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I saw it when it first came out, and now that you mentioned, I remember it was hilarious. I really want to see it again.
Speaker 6: You've got Joe Peshy. Oh, he's great. He's a little guy there.
Speaker 5: He his best friend.
Speaker 6: You add some questions for Brian. What do you got to Metri? Hit them between the ice.
Speaker 1: Let's stump. Let's stump the insurance guy, Brian.
Speaker 5: My homeowner's policy covers the interior contents of my personal possessions for their replacement value. So if the house god forbid burns down, how do I go about proving that I had eighteen pair pans or Yeah? And how do they know I didn't just sneak in like six rolexes? You sure it wasn't eight? Yeah? How does something like that work?
Speaker 8: There are limitations for things like jewelry that are not covered underneath that personal property limit, or there's limited to let's say one thousand dollars or something something with cash and.
Speaker 7: Part.
Speaker 5: But all my regular stuff, the furniture, the clothes, computer, Yeah, if I get a TV or something, so I will tell people.
Speaker 8: For my recommendation is to choose your phone, go around your your quick video, just to it's not just to prove it for the insurance company, but I say, when you lose everything, it's really hard to remember what you had in a lot areas you're you're trying to remember. But if you have a video and you just went through losing everything, yeah, and so you're not remembering, oh I did have this base, this lamp, this, whatever it might be.
Speaker 6: To add on to that question, if we just redid our master bathroom, so prior to doing that, I mean it was, let's just all it builder grade.
Speaker 1: So if someone remodels their kitchen.
Speaker 6: And you know, they go way over the original so it's no longer builder grade, it's custom cabinets and granted and blah blah blah, Like, how do you prove that to the insurance company.
Speaker 8: Well, first off, you need to be having a conversation with your insurance company to make sure they're updating the twelfth Thank.
Speaker 6: God, I just did everybody marked that. Dad, I just told him I never would have thought that that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So if you're doing things like upgrading a kitchen, you're because as you know, whenever you upgrade a kitchen, you could go from something that would have cost one hundred thousand replace to five hundred thousands. I mean, you know you can. You can really make that big a difference. So part of the language of an insurance policy, especially for that extended replacement cost, is that you have to be up to.
Speaker 1: Date with your home value.
Speaker 8: Do I literally just tell you, yeah, you'd say, hey, I'm just having I'm updating my because we've.
Speaker 6: Done like literally we've done every bathroom in the house, and we've done the living room or not the living room, the laundry room, and as of right now I even showed you that picture, we're adding hardwood to a bunch of other areas of the.
Speaker 8: House, right and you know, just to distinguish if you were just refinishing your hardwood or replacing the hardwood, No, we're talking adding, no adding. And that's where you have to kind of communicate if it's going to increase the cost of reconstruction, that's one thing. If but sometimes people will call and they're really not making it. You know, they're not changing the value of it other than they're replacing with new things that you don't really have to do anything with because you're already doing replacement costs.
Speaker 1: How about a new furnace.
Speaker 6: Let's say you add an eighty percent and you go crazy and buy the mac Daddy furnace.
Speaker 1: Do you got to report that or no, you wouldn't have to go that granular.
Speaker 8: It's really I mean the big things to remember, like if you're having your basement finished and it wasn't finished before, that's important you communicate that because with a replacement cost customer, you have to update your dwelling limits so that you can keep that extended replacement coming.
Speaker 6: Or like when we built the r V garage, Yeah, I mean that's a whole structure.
Speaker 8: Well, and if it's a if it's an RV grudge or a separate structure from our home, you absolutely need to talk. Because the insurance policy only covers you for ten percent.
Speaker 1: Of other ships. You went over that with us, I remember that.
Speaker 8: So we actually added the cover GeOH.
Speaker 5: Thanks Brian, so so a video sufficient proof and then I would just say, look, see I'm walking through the closet that's actually like thirty two shirts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're not going to work for that. Yeah, they're not good unless they're all our money. Yeah, that's where things start getting There can be fraudulent activity if you start claiming that everything you have is top of the line, yet there's no proof of you buying any of that. That's where questions come into play. So if people try to abuse it, you'll start seeing that. That's where an insurance company.
Speaker 6: Is really in my case, would say, mister Major, every shirt in there we've seen at Costco or they just show a quick video of every shirt that he's like, literally, mister Major, you're wearing that same Hurli shirt today.
Speaker 1: Uh no, So that's a great question. Thought what else?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I thought it would be really fun to hear about some of the scams that you heard about.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is one of your clients ever been caught and that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe not necessarily one of your clients if you have some confidentiality issues, but if you're really interested to hear about how some people try to scam their insurance come, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like what's the big one? Just lying about the Armani suits or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean you'll have I've had someone that called and said they were adding a car and the next day made a claim for the entire car being stolen.
Speaker 6: So they are oh my god. So basically they already racked it then put insurance on it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then or they're saying it was stolen, and yet they there's no police report. No, that's gone. The car is gone. So they're trying to collect on the value of a new CD they collect. Uh, well it went underneath this particular case. Uh, it got you know, insurance. Uh investigated, Uh, and they found that the that it was all fraudulent.
Speaker 1: It was what's the guy's name, Mark Majors.
Speaker 5: Though they so are you saying there was no car.
Speaker 8: No, he had had fictitious paperwork that he had purchased this vehicle. It was a private it was purchase, it was all. It was all that's elaborate.
Speaker 5: Think about how much.
Speaker 6: Think of how elaborate and honestly, how stupid it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did he literally add it in a day later? It was within it was within a week. Can't up. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I would guess if you ever added something within a week, they would investigate a little.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're going to look into it. And when you're you can't prove, I mean, you have some paperwork, but it's a private seller. Uh, it was pretty quick. That they started investigating.
Speaker 1: It's like when the.
Speaker 6: Husband did disappears and the wife just bought life insurance on Friday and he he happened to disappear at the lake on Wednesday. I mean, it's going to raise some eyebrows on that two million dollar life insurance, right ron.
Speaker 5: What about alternative housing? So let's say to continue with this example. The place burns down, yep, and I mean it might be a couple of years until it's rebuilt. What is the insurance company supposed to do in terms of paying for where I get to live? What standard? What is my living standard?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: Are they going to move me into the tiniest, cheapest motil s.
Speaker 1: Is it going to be Motel six? Can I get a nice house?
Speaker 8: Well, it has to be like value, so nice if you're gonna But there is a limitation on your policy too that you would have to look, especially on a condo or an H six policy. It's a dollar amount that you have to add in there, and so you might have very little country.
Speaker 1: Give us an idea of one, like what do I have to you.
Speaker 8: Know, well, yours is on a home policy, it's usually a thousand a day. No, no, no, no, it's usually a twenty four month actual loss sustained, so you don't have a limitation. In other words, some policies have a ten percent.
Speaker 6: Technically, if my house burned down for two years, I could move into a house like mine while my house was being rebuilt.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not looking at your policy, but yeah, that could be. You might have a ten percent of your dwelling limit. It might be a dollar amount, got it. So let's say you have a million dollar house, you're going to have ten yeah, to be able to pay for your your loss of use. But on a condo or an an h Oo six policy, you actually will see that a lot of times. It doesn't have as much coverage as you think you might have, So you got to look at what that dollar amount is.
Speaker 1: But they like an idea though, like maybe only ten grand.
Speaker 8: No, no, I was going to say, I just I saw one of these within the last couple of weeks where someone's condo policy came in and they had like five thousand dollars of loss of year and that's it, and that's it. So if something happens, the most they're going to pay is five thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Think about that. So your neighbor on top of you. Yeah, it leaks and destroys your unit. Oh yeah, and I mean you could literally only be looking at five grand to stay somewhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, all right, Well you and I are going to go over my policies yep, with a fine tooth calm, because I would like to get an on their critique. I have no confidentiality requirements, so just don't tell people where I live. But yeah, I would love to, so next time you're here, prior to that, I'll provide you with my auto own home policies.
Speaker 6: But let's talk business real quick. You found us a troubleshooter network. I got to take a break after this, but this was crazy. When you think a workman's comp almost anybody listening we've heard it Pinnacle. In fact, I basically thought they were state run for a while, because Pinnacle is huge for a workman's comp. In fact, i'd say they probably do what do you think, Brian, eighty percent of the business in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Well, and they were quasi state run. I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: Yeah there was a state run that. It's a tax issue that they had. Yeah, okay, I didn't know that. So but the bottom line was I always thought they'd be the cheapest because they were the biggest, and you found us. I forget who it was because we don't have employees anymore, but it was who.
Speaker 1: The hell was it was? It hart Hartford.
Speaker 6: It was Hartford, so it was way cheaper. But then I learned a lot about codes. And what I mean by that is, if you have an office building in employees that are whatever, salespeople and they stay in the office, your workmen's comp has a certain code to that industry, and Pinnacle could very well be the cheapest by far for that industry. But then if you go over to something like my Goodyear stores back in the day or my computer stores back in the day, Hartford.
Speaker 1: Might be cheaper than Pinnacle.
Speaker 6: So it's really code driven professional versus like a blue collar type thing. I mean, it's kind of remarkable. If you have a bunch of accountants working for you, it could be way cheaper to go through Pinnacle.
Speaker 1: But if you have a bunch of technicians.
Speaker 8: Or car repair people, it might be cheapers or whatever. It might be roofers, those kinds of things. Yeah, you got to find you got to be It really matters of what that class code is it really does?
Speaker 6: And then like a company like Excel Roofing, great company, they did my roof What typically does it roofer.
Speaker 1: Have for insurance? Well, yeah, I mean workers compets, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean more or less for like liability, what is that called? In my world in it was called garage keeper.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, no, you're just talking about a general liability. And then there's a professional element. So if they make mistakes and you want none of them have to carry this. But if they want to provide insurance to protect their work like what they do, that's that's a professional liability.
Speaker 6: And they can add their subs onto their policies so you know you're protected. So if someone does come, we're going to have hail season here. And I know like Excel gives every customer everything. Anybody at that house is insured one hundred percent if you're dealing with Excel Roofing.
Speaker 1: But if you're not dealing with them, and it's.
Speaker 6: Joe Blow knocking on your door after a healstorm, what should people ask for? Like prove to me you have coverage, but you also want to make sure the subs have.
Speaker 16: Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 12: Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Christy, as it take to go to you? You've called a few times. You bought a brand new Honda CRV and it was making noise. Your conditioner was broke. The guys at Honest Accurate for a very good Note actually called up the dealer and explained to him what was wrong with DAC and the dealer finally found the problem. Why they couldn't find it to begin with is beyond me, but they got that fixed. Then it's still making noises. You're gonna tell me it's still making noises, aren't you?
Speaker 19: Yes, sir, I wanted to take a fresh listen to it. And it took about you know, all of five minutes to decide. Yes, If Dimitri is still willing, I'd love to have him take a listen. And if he's willing to maybe test drive another copy of my car, are.
Speaker 1: You gonna come by this Friday on car Day? Yes, sir? All right, well, let's just get it set up.
Speaker 6: Simple as that. Let's get it set up. Hold on, Kelly will give you all the details. And I'm not going to be labor that one. Are you going to be able to go test drive another one?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely. I'll start with Christy's car and we'll see how that goes. And Christy, I assume you have a safe driving record and your car doesn't smell funny or anything.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yes, sir, it's all good. And if you tell me that you think the car is normal, even though I drove another one that I thought made no noises, I will probably, you know, procede one direction and if you.
Speaker 6: What direction noise canceling headphones? Where would you go from there? Let's say let's say he really does think it's all normal. How I know it drives you crazy? So what would you do?
Speaker 19: I am going to have to do something with it. I'll either try to get someone to swap it out for a gas engine or I mean not in my car, but maybe a trade. I know it'll probably take a hit and financially. Another option was we kind of had an RV in our future, a small like van based RV, that camper van that if someone wanted to trade this car for a camper van, you.
Speaker 3: Know I would just got it.
Speaker 1: You're open to anything.
Speaker 6: You just can't stand the noise now, you know she has had problem where noises driver crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I won't let that cloud my judgment. Now, of course I'll still go for a ride in the car, you know, from a fresh person.
Speaker 6: I went out and smelled it. I went out and smelled a couch one time. So you listening for a noise in a brand new car is nothing. I went out to a house. Guy called in and his wife. Both of them had a brand new couch from Lazy Boy. Brand new is They probably had it well, probably a month, and they said it's the worst smelling couch they ever had.
Speaker 5: What did it smell like?
Speaker 6: I went out there. It smelled like a new couch. You know how people say a new car.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's like the plastic glue smell.
Speaker 6: It smelled like a new couch. Yeah, and I got him a new couch. Oh, I got lazy boy to take it back.
Speaker 1: But I mean.
Speaker 6: I would assume the new one smelled the same. But I went out and smelled a couch.
Speaker 5: So there. Well, I something top this. Gott it the mattress one time?
Speaker 1: Did we send you out to smell a mattress?
Speaker 5: It was a lazy boy thing?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 6: Was it a lazy boy we sent you out to smell a mattress?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, more after this.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Brian Burns the Insurance Help Center, I do want to just get this through to people.
Speaker 1: Do we have any other examples real quick, Brian.
Speaker 8: Well, we just had one call in after our last discussion where they realize they look at their deck page and found out that, sure enough, they had two hundred and fifty thousand of liability. Yeah, twenty five thousand of uninsured motorists, and people.
Speaker 6: That uninsured motorists. I don't care if you call Compass insurance up, you call everybody. That's the money you get if someone hits you that doesn't have good coverage.
Speaker 5: In other words, they're broke.
Speaker 6: All they have is whatever that insurance policy is, which is most likely twenty five thousand or zero, And all of a sudden you've got two broken legs and you can't work for a year. The only money you're going to get is out of your own coverage. So to protect everybody else and not protect yourself, And that coverage isn't that expensive in general?
Speaker 1: Isn't in general? It's not.
Speaker 8: Nope, And you can't have higher uninsured motorists than you have bodily injury. In other words, the state's got to at you. The most you can get is matching. But a lot of times people ensure themselves for uninsured motors less than they're insuring other people.
Speaker 6: What's the other biggest mistake you see, either with homeowners or auto We've talked about this a lot, like if you don't tell them you got a certain kind of dog, or a trampoline or a swimming pool. Now, generally speaking, if something else happens, like the dog didn't bite anybody, but the house burned down.
Speaker 5: You'll still have coverage.
Speaker 6: That's right, yeah, But in general, if you do lie about something, I mean, give me some ideas of what people No one should lie about anything on the insurance app but give me some ideas of things people don't think about.
Speaker 8: Well, really, we had this happen. You called me about this the other day. But someone that has a home and ends up renting it out, they're not doing that.
Speaker 6: Poor woman is now getting sued in her insurance company. Unlike if someone is suing me because they got hurt in my house, my insurance company they have to protect me literally or they have to pay out every nickel I have in insurance. So the bottom line is this woman had no coverage because thing after a husband died, started renting out the house. Never thought to change coverage. So if you have Reynolds, you better have the right insurance because you have no coverage. And if your renters have a problem in your house, they can come directly after you because there's no coverage.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 8: And that's the point. And it's not even you're not even thinking about it, because it's a totally different type of coverage. If your tenant gets injured or tries to sue you and you don't have the right coverage, you're not gonna You're not gonna have anything.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 6: Another one I'll tell you is dirt cheap. Brian and I learned the hard way on this. We only had state minimum I think of five thousand. On one of the accidents someone else hit us. But medpay, medpay doesn't matter what happens, doesn't matter who it happens to, or what happens in the car. They automatically pay it, automatically pay it. And I think the maximum is like twenty five thousand for most policies or most carriers.
Speaker 8: There's some carriers they will go higher than that. But I will tell you the vast majority of people have five thousand, and it's dirt.
Speaker 6: I know they have the limit, and five thousand now doesn't get you an X ray in the er five thousand you might as well have no insurance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and medical payments. There is an argument out there because it's it's the easiest money to get easier. So when you go, you know, to the hospital or you go to your doctors, the first thing they're asking is this part of.
Speaker 6: The You don't tell them anything. That's a separate conversation.
Speaker 1: But people try to get it. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: They try to get it because there's no questions asked, right, But understand, the worst thing you can do is give the er that money. The worst thing that money should be for Cairo practors. That money should be going for for going to care going forward. And that's where you hire an attorney to figure out where the money goes. But you're right, you walk into the er, they're like, they're trying to see that money. Yep, No, they're evil, they're evil.
Speaker 5: What are you supposed to do? Refuse to give them that information?
Speaker 6: Should just say, hey, I'm in the emergency room, I got to get going in. I don't know what kind of insurance I have. I mean, you do whatever you can to be seen, but don't talk about Medpay my God. If you can get away from it, hey listen. Help at troubleshooter dot com. Three or three Martino, See you tomorrow.