Speaker 1: It's next ninety six to nine, the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time footballing on a budget. But before we get to that, a reminder that Alternative Income is making its way back to Mix ninety six to nine one thousand dollars starting Monday at nine am. So if you're looking for a deal on some food Arby's, as you covered for a tailgate meal, they have the Arby's Deluxe Burger, large order of fries, tailgate turnover cherry pastry and is decorated like a football, which is fun, and a large fountain drink just for thirteen bucks. It's available at participating RB locations through the twenty twenty four football season, so keep that in mind. Also, Walmart has one dollar Halloween coloring and board books for the kiddos with Disney Paw Patrol and a lot more, which is so awesome when you have kids board at home for holiday, holiday, fall break, and right now, speaking of fall break, teachers get twenty percent off staycations at the Wigwam. So if you need to unwind relax you're a teacher, get hooked up at the Wigwam. All right, on the way, we have What's Trending? Plus we have your tickets to Universal Studios, Hollywood Halloween, Hornites, Viva Phoenix tickets all coming up right here on Mix ninety six to nine. It's Mixed ninety six to nine, the Valley's Best Mix and for so ITX time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hilo River Resorts and Casinos. Lance Bass is playing with our emotions. He hinted that Enstinc had plans in the works for reunion, and then he clarified it wouldn't be a Las Vegas residency, and then when he went back to mentioning that him and Joey Fatone have been talking and there's talks of it happening. They're just waiting for Justin to finish his tour before they talk about it more. Honestly, if it happens, I don't think it's going to be in the next couple of years. I just need Lance Bass to stop talking about it because he's hurting my feelings. Lady Casey's got to do what Lady Gaga did. She created a surprise album announcement on Instagram a few days ago, revealing that she's releasing a new album called Harlequin that is due out this Friday tomorrow. It's going to be in conjunction with a movie Joker coming out, and it's gonna be a lot of like classic jazz. But I cannot wait to hear it. And that's on top of the album she's already coming out with, so that'll be awesome. Billy Eilish opens up about she doesn't like who she is when she's in love. Sounds like Billy Eilish has vulnerability problems. She says, I literally hate who I am so much when I'm in love. I don't like being out of control. She says that there's just things about it. Maybe she has a power issue of control issue, and she doesn't like being vulnerable in a romantic way. It makes her feel uncomfortable. That is literally the reason why you need to figure that out, because once you get past that, it's gonna be amazing for you. Ryan Murphy he's the creator of the Netflix series Monsters, The Lyle and Eric Menendez Sorry Menendez Story, and he's gotten a lot of criticism, but he's out defending himself. He says, I think it's interesting that they issued a statement without having seen the show. He goes on to say that sixty to sixty five percent of the show, in the script and in the film form and center around the abuse they experienced and what they claimed happened to them. So he's just encouraging everybody to watch it and kind of see from their perspective. At the end of the day, it is number one on Netflix and it is doing exactly what they would like, getting more publicity. So I know Sid is watching it. She's wrapping up this series. I can't wait to hear her perspective after she's watched the entire thing. All right on the way, we have your Sip of the Day, and this little girl adorable sings Survivors Eye the Tiger. I like it better than the original. We'll do that around six forty. It's six eighty sixty nine, The Valley's Best mixed I Priscilla, it's time for your sip of the day, the sip of goodness while you sip on your coffee. And this little girl went viral for covering her Viv's I of the Tiger. Listen to her, She's so cute.
Speaker 2: Tell me fines, Yeah, thank you, Sume, thanking your lesson. Lo you Hey, I am the tig. This like sick jab my.
Speaker 1: Go the ride so cute. I love when little kids do things better than adults do, and she definitely did all right on the way. Sleep experts are warning you if you set more than one alarm for waking up, and we'll explain why. Around six fifty this morning, Good morning, it's six ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Alternative Income is back Monday at nine am for your chance to win one thousand dollars. So said, I saw this oh what do you call it? Study, and it immediately made me think of you about setting alarms.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I've gotten better. I only have two alarms. Now what did you used to have?
Speaker 4: At least three or four?
Speaker 1: How far apart in time?
Speaker 4: Let's say about fifteen minutes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so a whole hour before you actually had to get out of bed you had to start the process of waking up. Yes, well, experts are saying that's actually bad for you because it's leaving many to panic that they want. So basically what's happening is that it is creating bad overall sleep quality because it can trigger that fight or flight hormone to make it harder to wake up, just kind of like you're in a panic and like the jolt.
Speaker 4: More often than you alarm, you get jolted.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I could see that, But then I need I always need to.
Speaker 4: Back up alarm. I can't just set one.
Speaker 1: You know. It's so funny. And I hate saying this because it's just so cliche. But it changes as you get older. And I used to I know, and I used to hate when people in their thirties would say that. I'm like whatever, old people, and I'm like, I just love I'm sorry you can't sleep, But it really happens. Like before, I was like you, I needed like four or five alarms to wake up. Yep. Now girl, I just need one, and I'm I'm out, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 4: That's in all the built in alarm.
Speaker 1: Soon, so you will, and she'll wake you up at random times where it's unnecessary. Okay. On the way, we have our jaw dropper And this guy tried to extort money out of his family. But the way he did it, it's like, like, really, what makes you think that's how it goes? Well? Explain just after seven, it's like ninety six nine and it's time for a jaw dropper of the day. It's not girl, I think you drop something my jaw listen said. I get it. People are hard up on money sometimes and they feel desperate, right, Sure, but this guy went a little too far. He decided to dig up his uncle's grave to steal his bones in attempt to extort his family for over two hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars immediately, No immediately, no spooky bad jujuice, Yeah, I mean bizarre.
Speaker 1: So he was he had some gambling debt that he had to payoff. Oh, and so he decided to So here's what happened is he dug up the bones, took photos of them, and then texted his family members and said, give me two hundred thousand dollars or I will never give you these bones back.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. And they said if you.
Speaker 1: Take if you take this to the authorities, then you will definitely never see the bones again. And so sure enough, the family got alarmed and they went to authorities, and because criminals are dumb, they found him and he was able to go to jail. But what I think you dropped something? Dropped?
Speaker 4: What a psycho? And for twenty thousand I'm two thousand, two thousand. That still doesn't see I mean to do.
Speaker 1: All that I know, so don't be ridiculous. Also, like, what are you unearthing? Uncovering you don't know it to someone's grave.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be haunted forever. This guy is, he's in bad shaite. No, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, on the way we have what's trending, We're gonna tell you speaking of ghost stories, haunted, all the things. The Ring Doorbell app is asking you for footage and they could give you some money in return, plus your chance to go to Universal Studios Halloween Hollywood. Halloween. Horror Night's coming up just around seven twenty five. It's six ninety six to nine the Valley's Best Mix. It is time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hila River Resorts in Casinos and the Ring Doorbell app is asking people to send in doorbell cam footage of what they think is a ghost for a chance to win one hundred thousand dollars towards the purchase of a new home that's not haunted. I no matter what I mean, I would enter this contest. But no matter what, I'm moving out of a house. If I think it's haunted. The contest runs now through November first, so check that out. Arizona State Parks release the list of the best parks to see the upcoming fall colors. Number one on the list Red Rock State Park, followed by Slide Rock State Park. Those are in Sedona, and then Tonto Natural Bridge State Park and then the Rock and River Ranch State Park. Plus there's also a lifo meter which is really cool on the City of Scottsdale's website. We'll put the link on our Instagram at Mix ninety six nine FM and it's just like a drag down. You pick the city you're going to be visiting and it'll tell you where the leaves are at. Currently, renters are all over the place right it's really hard to buy homes right now, so we are having more renters than ever, and they share what they really care about when it comes to renting a property. It shows that renters care less about luxury amenities like fitness centers and swimming pools, and they're more about functionality like off street parking in unit laundry, pet areas with turf co working spaces, and then also ways to make friends like community happy hours and little social gatherings. I'll be honest, those are things that I would be interested in too if I was renting. If I'm gonna go look for a place, it would have to have all those things. Okay, let's do this. If you want to go to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horrorights, now is your chance? Give us a call. Six oh two two six oh oh nine, six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine. It's exciting, six nine in the Valley's best mixed on Priscilla, and it is time to play pop Culture Playbook. That's the wrong song, but that's okay. We got Devin on the phone. Good morning, Devin, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Priscilla.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing great, so excited, so excited?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to play for Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horrorights? I I hope.
Speaker 5: So we'll see you got it?
Speaker 4: Devin?
Speaker 1: So sid you're gonna help him if he needs it, But I don't feel like he will. So you just gotta guess the name of the person we're talking about that had a pop culture moment in history. So who is the person that was a high end fashion model for Cover Girl that said this are you coming here with a defeatist attitude. I don't have a bad attitude. Maybe I am angry and so I've been through stuff. So I'm angry. Which is anybody yelled a girl like this? I was rooting for you. We're all rooting for you out dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love it. I mean the dramatics, how to play the whole clip.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Congratulations you're going to Universal Studios. Oh my gosh, you're like saying it along with Tyra. You knew this. This is part of your history book, isn't it.
Speaker 5: I was not expecting it to be model pop culture. If I knew it was that, we could have won that ten years years.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. Well, thank you so much? Hang ted Okay, yes, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be so fun.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: On the way, we have our hot topic and can you date? I'm sorry, can you invite an X to your wedding? We'll explain in a few songs on mix It's Box ninety six nine, It's time for our hot topic, and sid and Touch Weekly is claiming that Justin Throw is planning to invite his ex wife Jennifer Aniston to his wedding to Nicole Bloom. Oh. Interesting. Yeah, just goes on to say that Justin and jen having just a connection that they've always had even after their divorce and they maintain friendship, YadA, YadA YadA. Well that's nice, so good for them. So the question is, can you invite an ex to a wedding that and I'm not talking about just any X. It's like an X like that.
Speaker 4: You know, it seems weird to me personally.
Speaker 3: It's a no for me, dog Like, why do they need to be there? You know, youre starting your new life with. Yeah, you can still be cordial and friends and maybe catch up here or there. Yeah, I think that's fine. But for them to attend the most important day of.
Speaker 1: Your life unless it's like you have kids together, well that's what I was just gonna say. They don't. Yeah, there's a connection there, but I'm sorry, I don't want a woman that my husband either used to be married to or it's still good friends with and had a life together with at our wedding, especially if they don't have a family together.
Speaker 4: I know, it just seems weird.
Speaker 3: It makes me think of the friend's episode when David Schwimmer accidentally called his new wife Rachel.
Speaker 1: At the Alto. Yes, I don't know. There's just weird energy there. It's bizarre too, though, because my husband does have a girl best friend, or he did when I first met him. They've obviously grown a part a little bit. Yeah, but I think that's okay. That doesn't keep me pressed. But it's the whole like lived a life before me situation. Yeah. I don't really like any of it, to be honest, So not even a girl best friend.
Speaker 3: I just think it's weird. I think it's hard for guys and girls to be friends. Yeah, because in my situations, it's always someone gets feeling.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the question. Can you attend an ex's wedding and be fine with it and not an X from like third grade? Yeah, that doesn't count an actual like college girlfriend or an ex where you live together. I say no. But what says you? Six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine. It's six ninety six nine Valley's Best Mix. In the middle of our hot topic, I'm Priscilla and we're asking you, is it weird? To invite an X to a wedding. We got Tom on the phone. Tom, what's your opinion on this?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think it's that bad. I invited my ex to my wedding, and you know we're friends. It's fine. I think if you have an issue with it, I think that just shows that you're insecure.
Speaker 1: Well, duh, of course I'm insecure. I don't want to see a girl that my husband hooked up with at my wedding. Ill. No, thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, if they've been able to stay friends and they're still like romantic anything, then it should be okay.
Speaker 1: And your wife was fine with it, like it wasn't a big deal. Nobody was weird about it, even though she knew all the things.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not at all.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, I'm so happy for you, Tom to have such a great marriage. Thank you, thanks so much for giving us a call. Okay, Sarah, you said that your friend's ex got drunk at her wedding. Like what happened?
Speaker 6: Some friends of mine got married and she had invited her ex because she thought they were still friends. Okay, he got really drunk and decided he needed to make a speech. Oh no, at which time he stood up and blurred his word but proclaimed his love for her. No, and lied and said that they had been together the week.
Speaker 1: Before and the wedding went on like planned, or what happened.
Speaker 6: They'd been married, but the reception kind of came to it, yeah, in abrupt Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, of course, Oh my gosh, thanks for that, Sarah. See, this is why it's a no, guys, if we don't meet any of that happening. Okay, On the way, you can now make eighty thousand dollars a year by providing this kind of service. I'll explain just after eight right. Yet it's Mix ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Alternative Income is back Monday morning for one thousand dollars. At nine am, So said, what is this perfect dream job that this guy has created for himself. He's got it all figured out.
Speaker 3: This guy in Japan makes eighty grand a year by renting himself out as a friend to others.
Speaker 1: This is genius, honestly, and it's only one hundred dollars a day. I think that's a fair price.
Speaker 3: He draws the line at you know, of course, some obvious things that he will not be doing but the funny thing is he will not go to a pop concert.
Speaker 4: So no pop call concert and.
Speaker 1: No you know, nasty nast. Well yeah, but listen, I'm kind of here for because people rent like bridesmaids and grooms men's and stuff. You know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He says that he enjoys his work and hopes to continue as a do nothing guy for life.
Speaker 1: Would you do that as a job?
Speaker 4: I might?
Speaker 1: Why not? I mean sounds like I will say, one hundred dollars sounds not like a lot for a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he should do like one hundred dollars an hour. I thought this would be fun.
Speaker 3: And then he said that one woman hired him to watch her eat paper.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I guess you just have to sit there.
Speaker 1: So people are so weird. It's it's not even funny, so weird, and I'm here for it. So there you go, guys, new entrepreneurship that you can reach out, that you can explore. Okay, on the way, we have what's trending plus the vibe check. Are you into emotional showers? We'll break that down and get into commercial free music right here on mix face. It's exciting. Six nine of the Valley's best mix. It is time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos. Shout out to Post Malone. He's become the first artist in history to have a number one album on the Country, Rap, Rock and Alternative album charts. His latest album, F one Trillion currently tops the country charts, and I'm here for it. It's super cool to see an artist that is like multifaceted and able to kind of dip into all areas and be celebrated. Lady Gaga speaking of being in all areas, she is going to be Harlequinn in the Newest Joker movie, and she announced that she's coming out with a subprime Shawty album in honor of the movie. It's gonna be called Harley Quinn and it's out this Friday, Aga tomorrow, and it's gonna be a whole album, thirteen tracks, which is gonna be awesome. It's definitely gonna have more of a classic jazz kind of rendition standards with like Judy Garland covers, Oh When the Saints kind of stuff like that. So can't wait to check that out. By the way, that's in conjunction with her other album that's supposed to be coming out later on as well. Ryan Murphy, the creator of the Netflix series Monsters. The Lyle and Eric Menendez story is getting a lot of criticism after they made a statement from prison, but he's out defending himself, saying, I think it's interesting that he's issued a statement without having seen the actual show, and then he goes on to say that sixty to sixty five percent of the show, in the script and in the film are about the abuse that they encountered and what they claim had happened. So at the end of the day, all it is doing is stirring up publicity for the show. It's number one on Netflix right now. Okay, on the way, we have your tickets to Viva Phoenix that's coming up around nine oh five this morning, plus the vibe check. Emotional showers are now a thing. We'll explain around eight forty five on Mixed ninety six nine. Those it's Mix ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. Alternative Income is back Monday morning at nine am for a chance to one one thousand dollars and sid Are we passing the vibe check with emotional showers?
Speaker 3: So let me explain, yes, please, because I think this could go a couple different ways.
Speaker 1: So it's a new wellness trend in high end spas and hotels, and it includes therapies like thermotherapy, hydrotherapy, aroma therapy, and it's supposed to like evoke emotional well beings. And it kind of includes water, pressures, temperatures, color sense, like it's a whole experience.
Speaker 4: I love this. It sounds very bougie and I love a good long shower.
Speaker 1: So I've actually done this. I mean it's years ago, to be honest with you, but it's they lay you out on a table and it's like this wet room. You almost kind of feel like you're on a butcher's table or something. It's kind of weird. Yes, and it's got all these shower heads from above, okay, and you're in your swimsuit and they scrub you with like a body scrub your whole body first, but then also do a massage so like kind of like a sugar scrub when you're in the like getting a pedicuve. Yes, sure, and then they use all these pressures on your back and they wrap you up. It's really really nice.
Speaker 4: You have an emotional reaction.
Speaker 1: No, but I did have a relaxation, so I would recommend it honestly. And they give you a whole scout massage and it was just amazing.
Speaker 4: That sounds phenomenal right now, I know, so make sure you check that out.