Speaker 1: One on one Linchintago, Orlando's rock station one O one one w j R.
Speaker 2: Our time running out.
Speaker 3: If you want to throw a vote in for you, say we played this morning, could win you ac DC tickets for their show at Raymond James Stadium May sixteenth next year. The band you're vote voting on Blink do they right now? At the Facebook page j R Facebook page. Three song options from Blank Adam's song damn It or stay Together for the kids. We'll tall him up, play that one with the most votes, and then then we spin the wheel of random, Yes, where we just spin it and then I stick my finger and go.
Speaker 2: And randomly pex somebody so good luck.
Speaker 1: So a few weeks ago, I don't think we talked about this on the show, but I saw it in the news. This guy who uh does food reviews. He runs through America's towns and reviews restaurants in downtown areas across the country. He stopped in at I guess it's kind of a trendy sushi restaurant in the Seattle area. There's a couple locations, okay, And he ordered his dish and it came and he observed movement on the plate and observed what he claimed was a worm in his sushi. Of course he posted that in his review and immediately this restaurant is like in Big Trouble. Of course Jehn. The restaurant responded with something like, regarding the video, the movement observed in the fish may result from natural elasticity or the pressure of chopsticks what applied to its structure. We want to assure our customers this is not indicative of worms or any health concerns. So that was their initial response.
Speaker 3: I mean, it could have been a fish that had worms, because I've seen that.
Speaker 1: So what ended up happening was this review gets out there and suddenly no customers. So they decided to close for a couple of weeks and try to do some damage control. Yesterday they reopened both of their locations, writing FOB Sushi is excited to announce the reopening of their Bellevue and Seattle locations after a brief voluntary closure. We have thoroughly reviewed our restaurant's supply chain, food suppliers, food storage, and safety protocols and confirmed that all ingredients are safe for consumption and compliance and up to code, and we look forward to serving you delicious sushi once again. Hell, this is the double edged sword of social media. Obviously for informational purposes. If it's a restaurant you haven't been to, you're gonna go look at some reviews some times before you go. And if those reviews reveal something like this, hey honey, we're sticking it.
Speaker 3: Just the regular grocery store sushi because it's Wednesday. You know. Other side of that sword is you own the restaurant and you have to live and die by this sword potential every single day.
Speaker 2: It's bad.
Speaker 3: And it's not just restaurants, it's it's body shops, it's anything, tire places, everybody, because everybody lives off reviews. Now, if your hell ben on lighting up business, which is so uncool. Like when I first heard this about this guy posting one with the worm, I felt for the business owner right out of the gate, but I didn't know the whole story yet. I mean, if you had a worm in your food, you should you should be.
Speaker 1: Railed, especially which come on, don't you look? It took me a long time to embrace sushi too. I'm still a little iffy at times.
Speaker 3: Which gets me to what I was gonna say, You still have it in the back of your head, like, you know, really still kind of feel like I'm rolling the dice here.
Speaker 2: I can really use.
Speaker 3: A piece of lightly blackened grouper over a bet of rice peel off instead, or is really cooked?
Speaker 2: Really really secure my feelings. You can go fish and chips. Uh huh deep fry that some bitch. I mean, I don't even.
Speaker 3: Know if you consider that a great source when half those places are serving three different fast food places in one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a completely unrelated but well somewhat in the same category situation. Let's talk ice cream toppings. Is this gonna be bugs?
Speaker 2: No? Okay no.
Speaker 1: I mentioned back in the teas that you know, you get a lot of these ice cream joints now and they have the topping spar which is their profit center. If you haven't figured that trap out yet, yeah, I talked about it in the teas.
Speaker 3: I remember going with my my parents and the kids when they first opened one, and my dad is.
Speaker 2: Did they mess up? You know, look at the kids topics. They got forty seven dollars for two Sundays.
Speaker 3: Yes, they've got gummy worms and everything. So if you if you haven't run through that, uh, that trap. Yet what happens to you. You go and you pick your your size of the ice cream or yogurt you want, right, you put that in the cup and then you hit the topping spar and rather than charge you on the size that you're buying, they weigh the Uh.
Speaker 1: Good for them, they wait. No, I'm saying no, it's a great way for them to make money. But it really takes that you know, medium, whatever it is you've put in the cup, which is you know, four ninety nine up to god knows what with the additional.
Speaker 3: Weight now, I mean, now it's this is where I hate to be the whole home. But you just look at prices at things and you say, kids, we're getting the gallon of ice cream like I grew up on Apolitan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. I think I do that. You know I do that seriously?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 3: Because I know it's gonna please everybody at least one sliver of it.
Speaker 1: With all those available toppings, I don't think this one's available, at least not yet in the United States. Raw whale meat on top of your ice cream.
Speaker 3: Now, this is Japan and China, actually China who some would say give us covid ro the bet stew or something some Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Paul Watson's losing his mind right now. Oh, I didn't even think of Paul Watson. Would you like? Well, raw whale meat ice cream cone?
Speaker 3: For those that don't know who Paul Watson is, which is probably a large you're not a Whale Wars fan. It was a show called Whale Wars. It was on for a few years. Yeah, when when Pat and when when Deadly is cast? I think I believe first came out and then the season ended. You still had to be watching ocean shows. Yes, so I came across whale Wars, which is environmentalists trying to nope, nope. Before that, you came across some lobster man. Lobster man when he well, I know that he was addicted and still you still watch Catch. Yeah, so he's like Bob, I knew Deadly's catch great show, which it was a great show before it jumped the crab. But no, but then he.
Speaker 2: Was I know that's over. But there's lobster Man that lasted one season.
Speaker 1: It was good though, just the thrill of a wooden box being lifted up and opening it up and just grabbing by hand to the lobster just doesn't compare to thirty foot season arm ocean.
Speaker 2: But then.
Speaker 3: You know, trying to with a two thousand pound crab trap. And when that ended, yes, is where we moved on.
Speaker 2: Patrick. Oh, have you seen what whale wars yet?
Speaker 3: Which is the environmentalist tried, you know, ding the whaling industry, which to be on record? I really I you know, look, I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan or anything like that, but whaling is stupid.
Speaker 2: That's my opinion. Whaling is stupid.
Speaker 3: But don't they use like this is the blubber for they well somehow, well there's the raw whale meat on top of the ice cream. Gross dude, lady. But anyway, Paul Watson was the leader of this h this outfit, and they really cross the line and he got into some trouble. Anyway, he got jail time. I don't know if he ever ended up going to I know he was on the run from several international places that were looking this and him up. But they mocked him in one of these places where they're just like whaling it's you know, whaling is like here going out deer hunting it's just part of the lifestyle. And they're like, what you suck it, Let's keep it international. For this last one. We got an old Folks Home in the Netherlands in the midst of a revolt from their residents backlash as a result of the decision to forbid strong drinks, talking hard liquor. They're only gonna now allow beer and wine and cider in the Old Folks Home unless the reason is too many people out of hand. You got Grandma Mary over there, I guess, Pat.
Speaker 1: They say the decision was made quote to comply with local health policy and social developments related to the growing to growing old healthily?
Speaker 3: What about Uncle Mary or Aunt Mary Mary? That was Grandma Mary. Look, Pat, she's in a wheelchair like this. You got old old ladies and old men falling the wheelchairs, tripping over their walkers. When you put me in the home, you're going to a boozewan.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me I can't have jamison because I'm Look, if you're gonna seal me up in the home.
Speaker 2: Fine, So I'm somebody else's problem. Well, you carry on with your life. That's fine. They're probably get it. I do the same thing.
Speaker 3: Probably I know you wouldn't you have your your mother move into your back bedroom? Answer me, no, I've got a spare bedroom where I'm like, hey, you know it's gonna be somebody living in there. But that's my father's Uh, that's what he always says. He goes, you guys, are ever put me in the home? He goes, you put me in that uh what is it the Mayflower because they have an actual bar, and he goes, I'm I'm falling off the wagon if you put me in the home, I'm going back to drinking again, Bobbie.
Speaker 1: Don't I I did tell my wife though, and I'm on record on this one hundred thousand WAT radio station, did not let it get to that just she's green light to pillow me if it gets to that point.
Speaker 2: Pretty morbid, dude.
Speaker 3: Why just look, I just look. Decisions have to be made at some point, and you know I can wheel you in here.
Speaker 2: We could still do the show.
Speaker 3: I'm like swamped over it every now years.
Speaker 2: What hit a button, let's hear from Winchoo just ice cream? No topping, sir none. I'd be like, all right, stop, yees hit that button. Then I'll get your home after the show. He's smarting here.
Speaker 3: Stewed the ball and all of Centro Florida for over twenty five years.
Speaker 2: This is Onlando's rock station One on one WAT