Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from kf I Am six forty.
Speaker 2: Now it's social media.
Speaker 3: Facebook gets to extract.
Speaker 2: Viral viral load, viral load, the viral load lu k if I am six forty.
Speaker 4: It's Later with mo Kelly live on social media and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: Let's get to Tiffany Hobbs and the viral load. Here we go, good evening everyone.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: In death, there are more than a few options for your remains or the remains of your loved ones. Of course, you can opt into the burial plot. You can get put into a tree pod. Of course, you can be cremated, and if you choose cremation, there are quite a few creative things that can be done with your ashes. Some people like to keep them in a conventional urn, some people like to put them in other places. And you can even have your ashes or part of your ashes put into a locket to wear around your neck or keep as a keepsake. Yes, one man found this out kind of in a strange way, but it does have a really heartwarming twist. So there's a man. His name is Thomas Flavin. He's from Tulsa, Oklahoma, and he went to one of those pick apart salvage yards to try and find a part for his car, and as he was looking through parts, he came across a jeep in the junk yard. He goes to the jeep, he inspects it, he likes what he sees. I'm a jeep owner, so shout out to Thomas Flavan for that. And what he decided to do is he opened the door. He looked at the dash, looked up at the rear view mirror, and saw a lockett or a necklace hanging from the rear view mirror. He said he originally was going to take the necklace and give it to his daughter as a gift. Interesting guy, this, Thomas Flavin must have been a nice looking lockett. But what he realized upon further inspection of the locket is that it had a screw top at the top of the heart or whatever the shape was, indicating that perhaps something was inside of the locket because it didn't open like a conventional lockett would. So he opened the locket and was able to glean that there were ashes of some sort inside. What he then did is what made the story, or what's making the story currently go viral.
Speaker 3: He posted on Facebook and he.
Speaker 5: Welcomed people to try and find the original owner of the lockett, not the deceased person, but anyone who might be a family member of this figure out the exactly. So he put an all call out using social media, and to this date he's had thousands upon thousands of replies. Of course, not everyone is going to be legit, but a lot of people are there on social media wishing him well and being really taken back by his altruistic and compassionate response. But yeah, he's hoping the rightful owner will come forward.
Speaker 3: And if you feel you are.
Speaker 5: The rightful owner that you were in this salvage yard at the Gilcrease Expressway in Tosa, Oklahoma, he's going to Thomas Flavan is going to require you to verify the make, model and location of the vehicle.
Speaker 3: It came from interesting story.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can follow up on this if someone comes forward.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 5: And as of right, you have a lot of people who are being silly. And you know, when you put out an all call on social media, it's hard to vet the responses you're going to.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 5: But this is a very heartwarming effort by Thomas Flaman.
Speaker 3: Our next story a little less heartwarming.
Speaker 5: It has to do with treatment in relationships, kind of a barometer that's being set on social media. When women, usually women, have this conversation about their spouses, about their mates and the treatment that they're receiving in a relationship, many people weigh in and say that there are certain markers of good treatment. That marker might be that your spouse fills up your gas. These are these resourced from the internet. These are not my own, so I'll just go down the list. That filling up your car without gas without you having to ask, is a marker of a good spouse.
Speaker 3: That opening the door for you.
Speaker 5: That's good, carrying your bags, good, paying for nail appointments, good, bringing you coffee in bed?
Speaker 2: What good?
Speaker 5: Running errands for you where you're tired, Good, taking care of you when you're sick, ding ding ding ding ding good. The question that's going viral is are these acts what you would call the bare minimum in a relationship or are they something called princess treatment. The term princess treatment is all over social media, especially if you've spent time on TikTok. Over the last couple of weeks there's a debate over what princess treatment in tails, and there's a video that's gone highly viral. We're going to play a clip from that now from content creator Courtney Palmer, who says, this is the only way to live.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about princess treatment. If you're at a restaurant, how you interact with the white staff and the hostess. If I am at a restaurant with my husband, I do not talk to the hostess. I do not open many doors, and I do not order my own food. So someone had sent me a message a couple of weeks ago asking about like, let's say your husband drops you off and he goes to mark the car, what do you do or if it's raining or something like that, and he wants you to put your name down. And I had a very similar situation up into me with my husband a couple of weeks ago. I'll put her question on the screen so you can see exactly what she's saying. But we pulled up, me and my husband pulled up to a restaurant and he wanted to run in and see we didn't have a reservation. He wanted to run in, Well, we didn't have a reservation, so we wanted to go up and see if it was possible for us to get in. He pulled the car up at the valley station. He got I stayed in the car. He got out of the car, told the valet and I was going to run in and ask a question. I'm going to leave my car here. I sat in the car. Well. He ran in and asked them. They said, yeah, we have says for you. And my husband said, okay, I'm going to go get my wife and then I'm going to park the car. So he comes back, al opens my car door, walks me into the restaurant, opens the door, and I stand and wait.
Speaker 2: I did not make.
Speaker 6: Eye contact with the hostess. I did not talk to her. I waited until my husband came back. He comes back with her.
Speaker 2: And her jeez. I couldn't deal with that.
Speaker 3: And she sound like a peach. She's a catch, this Courtney palm.
Speaker 4: If she's happy with her husband and her husband is happy with her, God bless everything.
Speaker 3: Golly golly.
Speaker 5: And this is the debate that is raging all over social media, led by Courtney Palmer, whose voice we just heard, and she is saying, she is insisting that that sort of treatment, that sort of interaction indicates that you are being treated like a princess in your relationship and you should accept nothing less, ladies.
Speaker 3: This is what she's saying.
Speaker 5: I'm not subscribing to Courtney Palmer, but this is all the rage on social media.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm looking at a picture of her. It's like, oh, can I be a princess? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How can I say this without being disrespectful while on my anniversary? I believe it is up for the couples to decide where their comfort zone as far as level of.
Speaker 2: Treatment. I'll give you a perfect example.
Speaker 4: My mother, who's listening right now, to the day my father died, has never pumped gas. My father always did that for her, and subsequent to that, I've done it for my mother, But that was an understanding that they had as a couple. My wife doesn't get down like that. She doesn't want that type of unnecessary treatment, or at least in her eyes, unnecessary treatment.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's coupled by couple.
Speaker 4: But if you're going to tell me, Courtney, what is the correct treatment of a woman in a relationship?
Speaker 3: Foh many people.
Speaker 5: Follow this, Courtney Palmer they're stupid too, and they are subscribing to everything she's saying. So there are debates I'm sure that are happening amongst households.
Speaker 2: She probably has an only fan page probably the world.
Speaker 7: What got me is is okay, just take the princess part out of it, the fact that she had to establish the fact that she didn't make eye contact with the hostess.
Speaker 2: What do you think you are?
Speaker 3: Who do you think you are? Rude?
Speaker 2: Like Mike Pence's wife.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we're gonna have a fun little story appropriate about a new TikTok challenge that is dangerous for teenagers. It's it's they love it they're doing. I'll share it what it is with you. And also, if you're a fan of ACME and Warner Brothers, you'll really love this last viral story.
Speaker 1: Finally, finally, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Now it's tuning the Myral Move with Tiffany Live on Campies Lita w mo O Kelly.
Speaker 6: She'll talk about the.
Speaker 3: Toughness on social media from Alone with Tiffany Hubbs.
Speaker 4: Forty years Later with mo Kelly, We're still live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and social media.
Speaker 2: Now for Part two of the Viral Lobe with Tiffany Hops.
Speaker 3: Do you remember playing ding Dong ditch in your neighborhood?
Speaker 2: Do I read? Did you do that more times than I care to remember this?
Speaker 3: Did you ever get caught?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, of course this was before they had ring devices and everything.
Speaker 2: But yeah, now you have to worry about someone shooting you too.
Speaker 5: Yes, and ding Dong ditch has evolved. There's a new TikTok challenge. He Instead of kids just ringing your door bell or knocking on your door and running away before you can open it, they're kicking on your door in hopes of kicking it in. Yes, new TikTok challenge is sweeping the nation with teenagers trying to kick your door in.
Speaker 2: Didn't someone get shot for that?
Speaker 3: I'm sure many people have tried to do that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Police are definitely saying that this new trend, of course, is illegal and extremely dangerous. They're warning kids all around the country. This is not central to any one part of the United States. It's happening everywhere because it's viral, which means it is global. Honestly that this trend could have deadly consequences. Of course, is not the first dangerous trend that police in any area have had to deal with. There's been many dangerous trends, including the cinnamon challenge remember that, where people ingested a huge spoonful of cinnamon, which can be lethal if ingested improperly. And the chromebook challenge, which I talked about if you try to ingest a chromebook, that probably would be better no where people are trying to essentially blow up their chromebooks by putting sharp devices into the different ports. But this new TikTok challenge of kicking people's front doors to the point where some are actually broken down is a popular challenge.
Speaker 4: You're going to get shot just because obviously if you kick the wrong door and you do damage to the door, someone's going to think you're breaking and entering. Me Personally, I don't answer the door if I'm not expecting someone point blank. Yeah, you could be ups man. You're gonna leave the package there, and I know when I need to sign for one so that I'm not answering my door.
Speaker 3: Probably wise.
Speaker 5: Also something that's happening which is leading people to believe that we as a nation may not necessarily be that wise when it comes to being able to discern between what's fact and what's fiction.
Speaker 3: Is a new, well not really new.
Speaker 5: A resurfaced photo that went viral in twenty sixteen of what appears to be a painted tunnel on the side of a mountain, and on.
Speaker 3: The side I saw.
Speaker 5: This is not just there's not just the tunnel by itself. No, there's also the road Runner, the Roadrunner, our famous WB Roadrunner painted alongside of this tunnel. The tunnel has been painted on this wall, on this side of a mountain to look effectively like a real, true sized tunnel that your car could go through. Then the the Wile in the road Runner cartoons. The photos of this painting for surfaced in twenty and sixteen after a driver reportedly crashed into the wall. At the time, the damage was said to be minor, and police treated what happened what the painting was as an act of vandalism. Locals labeled the prank dangerous and genius because there were people who were definitely enjoying the prank and people considered it to be hyper realistic. The photos went viral. That was twenty sixteen. That's another way you get your ass whooped too. Now nine years later, these photos and the virility of the story are anew. They are back and people are talking about it all over social media. I saw it maybe a couple of days ago, and people were remarking about how realistic it looked, and oh man, that's really dangerous.
Speaker 3: Someone's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 5: But the question that is also going viral is is the painting real? Some say this entire story is a hoax. So the claim again went viral in March of twenty sixteen. It appeared all over the Internet, especially on the website Reddit, which is a sharing information sharing website person to person, but the story was actually proven to be false in December of that year. The December article pinned the original painting to Brazil, while other outlets attributed to Atlanta and even the UK, so people didn't even know where this originated. And what happened is word of mouth spread the story. Posting spread the story, but people who were interviewed not verified. The outlets didn't go about verifying the story ries and the backstories. They ran with the sensationalism of the photo of this possible painting, and now that the lore is again making the internet rounds. It's not yet been fully proven to be false, so watch out for any wild e coyotes near tunnels.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: The sad part about this is we do live in an age where you don't know if half the stuff you're looking at is real, if it's a real photo, if it's a real story, if it's a real person AI all of those things, and we will forever be skeptical, and sometimes rightfully so, but unnecessarily so, because we doubt everything everything where we can't trust for different reasons, news outlets, we can't trust pictures that we see. We can't trust these web portals that are posting these stories. What is real anymore? No one really knows.
Speaker 5: What is real is probably the question, and stories like this just prove how quickly something can spread and that they can resurface almost a decade later with a brand new audience that will make the story fresh and new again, which is why we're talking about it on the viral load. You can catch me Saturdays five to seven pm Saturdays with Tiffany right here on k I AM six forty. We'll talk about more of this and other things as well.
Speaker 4: Tiffy, I don't want you to go away because this next story I want your input in because I don't know if I purchase anything from Etsy ever, or anyone who had it Etsy store and purchased something from them. So Epsy was kind of janky adjacent in my world is like you get your own website, get your own store type thing. Instead you settle for Etsy flea market ish. Yes, that's a good way to describe it. But when I see that witches, spells and soulmates digital witchcraft are a thing on Etsy, I gotta say, oh.
Speaker 3: Gosh, you can sell anything.
Speaker 4: You're confirming everything that I feared about Etsy. I want to get your thoughts about that. It's Later with mo Kelly caf I AM six forty. We are live everywhere on social media and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Kf I am six forty years Later with mo Kelly, We're live on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and the iHeartRadio app. And I've never been a fan of Etsy, No, no shade, per se. It's just I've never felt the need to buy anything off of anybody's Etsy website. It's kind of like, if you're gonna be serious or be considered to be taken seriously, you need to have a real website. You need to have a real online marketplace location. Etsy just just reaped of dime store to me. So when I see that there is a whole cottage industry of people buying weird stuff off of Vansy, It's like, yeah, that tracks. According to the Wall Street Journal, so called Etsy witches are selling everything from love spells to spirit cleansings, to soulmates sketches and good luck rituals, and people are buying it. What it's weird.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about spells.
Speaker 4: Soulmates, good luck rituals. One popular influencer reportedly hired an Etsy witch to ensure good weather on her wedding day, and it turned out that ended up with clear skies. I don't know if one had anything to do with the other. Another Los Angeles Los Angeles creative director bought a spell to help the New York Knicks supposedly win Game five of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals in May. The Knicks did win that game, but when he paid for another spell ahead of Game six, they lost. I need to get on etc. And just start selling bs so it works. No, no, no, no, there's.
Speaker 2: Correlation is not causation.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, let's say I sold you a spell where you're going to come into money tomorrow, and let's say you bought a lottery ticket and you won one hundred dollars. I would say that's correlation. But I can, I can. I can guarantee you that I had nothing to do with that. I did not cause that. I don't have have powers like that, And I promise you if I could sell spells, I would be doing.
Speaker 2: Something else other than radio, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: I think there's an element of confirmation bias with this as well, because if you're looking for the result, you're looking for the you know, the thing that you're paying for, and any semblance of that happens after you've paid, you're going to attribute it if you pay this money, this investment you've made to that thing, that product.
Speaker 4: I can understand people will pay for psychics, and most people understand it's a form of entertainment.
Speaker 2: You know, I've I've had a reading.
Speaker 4: But if I thought that someone who was making ten ninety nine an hour could tell me my future, they wouldn't be making ten ninety nine an hour.
Speaker 2: But that's just me looking at it logically.
Speaker 4: But I understand you can have fun with some of this stuff, but I don't get the sense this is about fun. This is people spending their heart on money because they expected actual results to come out of this exploitation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it kind of answers that question. Every time I drive past those psychia psychic shops and it looks like they're out of somebody's house, I'm like, how much money could they actually be making? But then I hear stuff like this, and I'm like, yeah, they're probably doing okay. They're probably doing okay. But if someone actually could do the things that they're alleging to do, they wouldn't be in their house, they wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: They would be making all sorts of money.
Speaker 4: I'd be selling spells left and right. I'll be putting curses and hexes on all the people i'd dislock, just like I would be making sure that Mark had a bad day every day. I have a little I'll have a voodoo doll, and I'd be sticking in with pins stop just because stop that, Just to mess with Mark. It'd be funny to see him like jumping in the head. It's like Marko Company is like, my back is hurting for some reason. I don't know, it's just something happened last night. And I'll just have a voodoo doll that I I'd hold up with a pin in its back.
Speaker 2: Keep trying, you gotta try harder. I know. Look, people actually pay for this stuff, you know.
Speaker 5: I think no self respecting authentic practitioner of the dark arts or light arts or whatever you want to call them would put their things on Etsy unless they were trying to just make a quick book.
Speaker 2: And you know, I guess it.
Speaker 3: Real stuff is on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is a KTLA story. They do talk about psychics and how they will perform readings. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong. I remember my mother and my sister went to see a psyche, but they went to it for an entertainment.
Speaker 2: They weren't expecting much out of it.
Speaker 4: And there was some things that said were like, wow, that was pretty spot on, very specific. It made you think for a second that wow, they might have known some things. But it's not like you go in banking on that. It's it's for entertainment purposes. I just I don't get it. And the last thing I would do is go to Etsy for a soulmate drawing for twenty four dollars. Yeah, I wouldn't even tell people that. It's like you spent twenty four dollars to do what I do? What you did, what I did?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: I just don't get it. Now, have you ever had a reading before?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: And I don't want to have one. That kind of gives me the creeps. And I'm a believer in a lot of stuff. Oh you know, I'm a George Nori listener, right, you and me, both, you and I both. But I am not interested in getting a reading for fear that they may say something that is too specific. I just don't want.
Speaker 4: I just well, there's a lot of bad news in life, and they're just gonna give me the good news, and I know they can't be legit.
Speaker 2: I will say this to be absolutely serious.
Speaker 4: I do believe that there is far more in this world which is beyond our present level of understanding. Some people may call that supernatural, some people may call that magic, some people may call that aliens whatever. I'm just saying, in our limited understanding of this world, we've only had technology honestly, for a good hundred years or so. Our period of enlightenment is a very very small window. Okay, it wasn't too long ago that we couldn't even figure out antibiotics.
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't know everything as a species.
Speaker 4: I say that to say there's plenty we don't know, and I don't rule out everything, but the things I will rule out, it'll be exit.
Speaker 2: And as he's not in that world.
Speaker 7: And to Tiffany's point, you know, if they say something negative, even if it's not sure, you don't see it coming around the corner. You're kind of like, it's kind of like bad juju. You're kind of putting that negative thought out there. Yes, and it's kind of like the secret. So you put out positive, you're gonna get something back. So you know that kind of it'll mess with your mind. So I can see why she wouldn't or why you wouldn't want to do it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: The only time I got a reading from me, and I do remember, it was, and to be fair, in a general sense, it was correct. It was at a Warner Brothers Records holiday party and they had someone doing psychic creatings, and I sat down and gave her my hand, did the hand and talked about my life and this is the year two thousand and she looked me right in the eye and said, I don't know exactly what it is, but you're getting ready to make a major career change.
Speaker 2: It's going to change your life.
Speaker 4: It's going to be major, just like you're not going to have to wonder whether it's it. It's going to be that. And it was maybe a year and a half later I got into radio.
Speaker 5: And see some would say a year and a half later is not it's a small enough window to attribute it to the psychic, but maybe.
Speaker 4: But my point is it fundamentally changed the rest of my life, life, everything, everything, because I was working in music industry. Next thing you know, I'm on the path for what I'm doing now. Having no idea back in the year two thousand, I never thought of being an on air personality in a talk radio sense.
Speaker 2: Maybe in music radio.
Speaker 4: Possibly that was more of a shorter leap than talk radio. I listened to talk radio. I didn't think I would be in talk radio.
Speaker 5: But I mean, the psychic at that point could have said you're going to make a major leap in your career, and it could have turned out obviously in a different way, and that leap is subjective.
Speaker 2: So it is.
Speaker 4: Because I quit my job, that job like maybe six months later. So is it a psychic I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I should go to Etsy and ask no.
Speaker 4: I should go to George Nori and ask him when we come back, have you had any life changing fortune cookies?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I can say that, say, okay, because the fortune cookies are always super super vague.
Speaker 2: And always positive. Okay.
Speaker 4: That's how I know they're full of ish because my life is not super super positive. Bad stuff happens. It's like, it's not even a fortune cookie anymore. If I go to Panda Express, Sorry, but you're the ones like yet when I go to Panda Express, it's not even a fortune. It says stuff like when you walk into a room, you light up the room, or.
Speaker 2: Something like that. It's not a fortune.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not, or or like an instruction it will be like, you know, not this, not this direct, but like something like you know, straightened up in life or something like yeah, it's like what am I supposed to do with that?
Speaker 2: What does does that mean?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 4: Like a you know, I'm gonna get hit by a bus. If I don't straighten up, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty