Speaker 1: It a fantasy podcast network presents in a world of football podcast that sounds like this.
Speaker 2: Welcome into our podcast on suck Talk Radio and talk like this. Don't go off the wedding earth work because they're not so much fun.
Speaker 1: Must not overreact here in This League Fantasy Football Podcast featuring bug.
Speaker 3: Then he came in and he just went hand God, yummy and panties like those are words like men should not say.
Speaker 1: And the Welsh did you.
Speaker 3: Just throw another player? You say brotals instead of bortles.
Speaker 2: I totally called them.
Speaker 3: Are you throwing? All of these guys?
Speaker 1: Playing on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud and tune in, burn it to the girl coming to your ears?
Speaker 2: Now, what's up? Friends? Are welcome into the ind This League Fantasy Football Podcast. I am the Well. So that is the Bogman, and today we are taking a look at wide receivers. It's a wide receiver primer episode where we're gonna be looking at their TIARSLASH ranks in ECR the Expert Consensus Ranks of Fantasy pros. We'll be talking about some stats, some projections, a little bit of dipping into Bogman's early ranks. We are just getting you guys primed and set for what the wide receiver position looks like around the landscape. Obviously, other websites, different rankers are gonna have different valuations of some of these guys. This is just the baseline, and then as we move through this draft season, we'll be doing our rank episodes getting you prepped with mock drafts and everything in between. So get set to talk about some wide receivers in this episode, and if you want to have a deeper conversation, make sure you join us at in this League dot com that is our patreon, in this League dot Com, in this League dot Com where Bogman has got all of his different ranks, whether it's Dynasty, IDP, Superflex, Normal, Redraft, it's all living there. Mine will be there in the near future. Updates have and plus we've got group me wearing rooms where people are talking about just random fantasy football stuff, having the conversation but also setting up leagues. You can be a part of our mock draft episodes, which you're coming here in the near future and a ton more. Sign up today and sports you boys at in this league dot com, in this League dot Com, sign up Bogman, you have the biggest seeding grin on your face right now.
Speaker 3: I've just been told management we'll throw in two Katana swords. If you sign up today, you will also receive all of the Welsh's fantasy baseball ranks, the Dynasty and the prospect and the rest of the season. Come sign up today at in this League dot Com. It's an incredible deal that we have for you here on QVC.
Speaker 2: You haven't you have women problems? Well, women love a fantasy footballer, they love a coach. You are gonna get more ladies. You are gonna be more successful, successful at life, You are gonna make more money. Everything will be better in life when you sign up at in this League dot Com. Guarantee it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be so concerned with these rankings you're gonna ignore her and give her all the space that she needs. You understand. You just come over here, you look at our rankings, you adjust them to what you like, but we're gonna give you the base to start from. Okay, now call now, call knock this off down to just one fee per month on Patreon. Go to end this League dot com for more details.
Speaker 2: People used to watch GVC.
Speaker 3: I don't know its QVC, even Salon gotta be.
Speaker 2: I know, there's like, you know, what about things that.
Speaker 3: Were replaced by the internet. Well, you know, shopping.
Speaker 2: Network QB was replaced. You know what QBC is now a website TM you know that type of stuff and was it Stein or Stein or whatever like those two website That's essentially what QBC is. They have their little you know, those little wheels. It's like you get free credits and things are cheap and stuff like that. That's like the modern day QBC is people buying off a TIM.
Speaker 3: I've never bought anything off TIM.
Speaker 2: I didn't buy something. My my daughter wanted one of those needles and they found him on there, and my mom bought it for her off there. You know, you know kids, but they're just squishies. But they're like, oh, you know you know what la buobo is, yes, yeah, you remember how popular labubu was. Yeah, that over that's yeah, yeah, that's done with. Labbas are dead. It's all about needles and they're just like squishies and they're impossible to find. To the point I think I mentioned this. I had a Target employee tell me and my son one time walked into Target. We saw one up at the front. We got it for his sister, and the guy says, we have people coming in when the store opens and sitting around the store all day long waiting for them to like somehow get restocked because people are reselling them for you know, instead of five dollars, they get twelve dollars or something. It's pathetic on stuff, but but we the whole point of that is we bought one and it was one hundred percent of fake sticky gross one or whatever. But that is the new QBC. But you cannot get itl on TIMU or qv You got to do it in this league dot com. That's a Patreon show us the love. We love you, Thank you so much. Wide receiver ranks. That's what we're gonna do today. There are so many to talk about. We're not going to do it justice. We'll probably have to be a little bit quicker than we were with running backs because you get to thirty six running backs, you're getting into like your bench territory. Thirty six running backs is scratching the surface of what anybody's starting. Whether you do two outfielder with some flexes or you do three outfielder with three outfielder, three outfielders. I know it's baseball three ways your.
Speaker 3: Brain because you just called wide receivers, running backs and outfielders.
Speaker 2: Just now, no, No, I meant like the running I know what you meant. Thirty six running backs. Yeah, sorry if you don't. We did thirty six running backs, which gets into the bench range of running.
Speaker 3: Thirty six wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Thirty six wide receivers, not outfielders, but similar to wide or similar to outfielders. It's like you're just scratching the surface of who you're going to start, whether it's yeah, so there's there's so many guys to talk about. So we'll try to be a little bit more quick than we were in in the running back episode to get lots and lots of names. But that is a plan here again kind of just setting. We call it the primer because it's just set in the stage. This is the rank. Bobmin might throw some thoughts in there. We'll give you some of the statistical categories where the tears might change. And this is gonna just kind of set us up for the baseline for you know, a lot of we're gonna be like sleepers and all that stuff. Mock drafts, and then obviously when we do our rank episodes, where and what is going to change. The funny thing is, though, if you were to look even three or four years ago, it is actually incredible and it's the staying power of why you should take wide receivers so high. This ass hasn't changed. It's just the same names in slightly different orders, you know what I mean. It's like dude two three years ago, it's just the same. Guess what, Jamar Chase is up at the top and you have Jackson Smith and Jig but he's higher now. He was a little bit lower, a Mona sayting frown. It's just all the same ten. It feels like roughly are just kind of jumbled together. There's a little bit of change, but the lack of parody is actually nice for the sustainability for wide receivers. I think I asked you about this in the running backs, but when you look at the wide receivers just as a quick arching thing before we get into the episode, do you feel are you going to do the like wide receiver is so good in depthy that you want to make sure you prioritize ther running back in the first round or do you think there's some falloffs and the sustainability of wide receivers makes you feel good, even though some wide receivers definitely had some weird up and down points. I think I want to say Chase had a weird run Puka. Obviously there were just some weird spacing where some of those wide receivers were big question marks. They obviously found it back. But what do you think your overall approach is going to be more wide receiver heavy finally, or the last couple of years you've been like, I got to get a running back in the first two rounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think running backs are deeper than they typically have been in general, So I'm probably I'm I don't think I'm going to be at the point of where I say you absolutely have to take a wide receiver. I'll say the wide receiver is more valuable up at the very top we can say that, you know, but I and I don't think that's the case this year. I think Bejeon and Gibbs are way up there, and so a CMC. So no, I mean, I think that what has changed is that I'm not so hardcore about running backs this year because there's a lot I like, so wide receiver. I think I think the wide receiver has more of a cap than it has had recently. So I'm probably gonna mix way more am I drafting this year than I typically.
Speaker 2: Have no, like zero running back type of stuff. But maybe maybe you float around with like, you know, little versions of that.
Speaker 3: It's definitely a possibility specifically with also, you know, tight end being top heavy in my opinion, so you know, I think I'll be finding depth a wide receiver and running back that I like this year because I'll probably be taking its tight end pretty high.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's dig into it. We're going to talk about the injections, the stats, the ranks, and we're going to try to get through as many wide receivers as we can. Here Again, you guys want to check out the ranks that are going down, go to in this league dot com. You can see Bogman's mine WI be up probably the right around the beginning of July is when I'm going to have mine in. But if you want to check all those out, get set for whatever format we got you covered. Plus, you can be a part of those mock drafts when we do them. But let's talk about some wide receivers and we will do it right after this. Hey in this league, look at.
Speaker 1: Us, Look at us?
Speaker 2: Who would have thought not made?
Speaker 1: Not made?
Speaker 2: I May who would have thought not may not May? Who would have thought?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Again, we are using ECR. This is the Fantasy Pros consensus rank. I think it's just a really good baseline if you want to understand values. Obviously, things will change on a site that you're playing on, if you're doing f FPC or you're doing Yahoo or ESPN, they're going to kind of have their own driven ranks. But this is the consensus thought process of probably around fifty rankers out there, fifty industry people that are creating this consensus. So I think it's just a really good baseline. And your top three I think they're relatively standard. Jamar Chase, for jesus, what dude like the fourth raight Year comes in as like the number one guy, number one wide receiver, pukin Akua with some question marks, of course, not from how he produces on the field. It's more produces off the field. And Jackson Smith and Jigma who took that huge jump, that is your top three Tier one statistically Pukinakua average the most points per game twenty three point four, compared to twenty one point two for Jackson Smith and Jigba and just nineteen point six for Jamar Chase. That was still plenty, but kind of a tier down from them, and he goes way above them. He received more targets with one hundred and eighty five. The most catches went to Pooka Nakua with one twenty nine. Puka and Jackson Smith and Jigba both went over seventeen hundred receiving yards, Smith getting the most fourteen hundred for Jamar Chase. We had ten touchdowns for Puka and JSN. Jamar Chase put up just eight. I think there's an assumption that, by the way, Puka had one hundred yards rushing in a touchdown. I think there's an assumption that, like you know, Joe Burrow and this season, you know, getting him back and healthy and running like Jamar Chase with that target share, like the touchdowns are going to go up, and that's kind of why he gets thrown up at the top. Bagman, you have the exact same kind of rank here. Do you agree with this tier of these three wide receivers and how are you approaching them?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. I think it should be one through six, and I'll give you my reasons why when we move down to the next tier. But I do have the same order it is Chase, Puka, Nakua, and JSN. I do think they're at the tippy top. I also I also, even though I would include three other guys in this tier, I wouldn't draft him ahead of those guys. And I know that is a marker for you. Plus yeah, but I just want to point out that these are the six that I think could all possibly end up as wide receiver ones. And once we jump down a tier, I'll get in.
Speaker 2: And you know, I don't want to comment on that, because I think that's a good point. That maybe something that's when I speak about my hardcore tiers that I'm missing when I do it, is that like if you just simplify it and say here's the six and then you go, okay, But I have Jamar Chase at one, so that's the number one guy sometimes and this is why it gets a little confusing, because there are tiers, and I think it's when the tears get lower that a lot of people will use the I definitely don't want to use the term crutch argument. Don't want to get you know, soon for that specific statement by somebody, but like, I don't want to use it. But there definitely are people that will just get to a tier and they'll just be like, I like all the guys in this tier kind of interchangeable. Hey, if you want to have this guy higher, doesn't bother me, blah blah blah. So that type, that same vibe I think sometimes I take to the higher tiers, and that's why I want to be more specific where I'm like, well, guess what, that's fine if you have this all the way down to Justin Jefferson. But I'm not taking ever ten out of ten times Justin Jefferson over Jamar Chase. But what you're saying should be understood, and I think it's more important to hire tiers is that I'm just I'm following the numerical form of this tier. But you said it great. I think all of these guys have the potential to be the number one fantasy option, but I just want to follow it to this. So that's where tears get kind of weird to me. It's like, you probably want to follow the valuation on the higher tiers and then the lower tiers. I think everybody just starts going like, yeah, I just like all these guys the same. But so that's what's uh. I just wanted to mention that because I see my own flaw in the logic of how.
Speaker 3: I don't even think yours is a flaw, to be honest with you, because I think there is a good point to saying, like, hey, look, if you're never ever going to take Justin Jefferson ahead of Jamar Chase, then why even put them in the same tier. I understand that thought process, but for me, and specifically with why receiver, because it's deep I separated by Okay, this is the clear tier. Any of these guys can finish number one. Would I ever draft Jefferson over Chase? No, But I do have them in the same tier because I think that they could. Either one of these guys could finish as wide receiver one and would not be surprising. I think it's way more likely Jamar Chase finished his number one overall. He finished number two or three overall last year with Joe Burrow missing eight games. So I just there's a lot, there's a lot of room for growth for Jamar Chase, uh if he plays a full season. Yeah, and with Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: And by the way, how I would do this is I would have like I mean, I almost got to go against myself. I probably have like Chase in his own tier, and then Puka and jsin. But this is actually the first time I actually think all three are good. I think I'm good with all three of these guys. If I wasn't, I actually probably wouldn't put the the next three into the top tier. Though I do agree with your argument. I would say, like, these are the guys that are I actually think they do become more interchangeable, and this is where things are get wonky with the interchangeability. Here are the projections, So this is the consensus projections on Fantasy pros right now. Jamar Chase is the third projected wide receiver. He's number one in the ranks, third in the projections, and he's over It's about twenty five point differential from the number one guy, who is Puka Nakua, So that means JSN is number two the projections, Puka number one with a hunt d D D D one hundred and twenty five catches sixteen hundred little over sixteen hundred yards and nine touchdowns plus another one hundred yards rushing they're throwing in there, and a touchdown jays in one hundred and nineteen catches, so that's six less a few more yards over sixteen hundred ten point eight touchdowns and you know, nothing really on the rushing side. And then Jamar Chase is one hundred and twenty three catches around fifteen hundred yards and ten touchdowns. They're all close, but there's a twenty five point step between Chase and Puka Nakua, And then there's kind to your point, I want to throw out there is a drop that's not huge from Jamar Chase to a Mona Saint Brown, but the drop from a Manra to the next guy is big. So like projections would actually be telling a story that a Monera Saint Brown should be in that tier or could be in that tier, and the rest of the guys should if you believe projections. So production projections are pretty close on Chase, Puka and Jigba. Do you disagree or agree on any does anything push you in any direction? Knowing that again it's inverse order. Puka one JSN two and Jamar Chase three based on projections.
Speaker 3: No, nothing, nothing really changes my mind. I will say that the point I like the point about that you brought up about Amna Saint Brown because a Mona Saint Brown has finished as wide receiver three three seasons in a row, and I think, outside of maybe Jamar Chase, I think a Mona Saint Brown has the highest fantasy floor of any player in the league. I just think he's gonna be peppered with targets every year. He's consistently finished as the number three wide receiver. He is going to be a great option as wide receiver one, and that's why I put him in this tier.
Speaker 2: And then so going into tier two. This is four through eight. Amana Saint Brown is number four, Cede Lamb comes in at five, Justin Jefferson at six, Drake London at seven, and Nico Collins at eight. Amanra had the most targets. He actually had the second most targets overall with one hundred and seventy two. He caught one hundred and seventeen balls last year for fourteen hundred yards, also had eleven touchdowns, So it's very it's much more reminiscent of that top tier. He averaged nineteen point one yards or points per game, and obviously I just brattle off those projections. They're within ten points of Jamar Chase. Ceedee Lamb had one hundred and seventeen targets caught the second lease balls him and Nico Collins only caught around seventy balls. Everybody had. Everybody but Drake London and Ceede Lamb had over one hundred and twenty targets, most catches not a Mona. Saint Brown was Justin Jefferson at eighty four, but he had no touchdowns. Everybody but Drake London had a thousand plus yards, but Drake London only played twelve games. Your points per game Monra was the heavy leader. Drake London was number two at sixteen point eight, Nico Collins fifteen point one, Ceedee Lamb fourteen point four, Justin Jefferson down there at eleven point nine. It's very touchdown dependent here, and on the touchdowns, a Monra just destroyed everybody in this tier with eleven. The next highest was London at seven, Nico at six. And then the positive touchdown regression that a lot of people are gonna play are Justin Jefferson and Ceedde Lamb. This is why they're this high. Jefferson caught two touchdowns and Ceedee Lamb only caught three this past year, so that's it's a weird grouping. But that's where when you make your argument of the top six, you have Cede Lamb and Justin Jefferson in that top six. They were held down relatively dramatically by the touchdown. But even if you added more touchdowns, Cedy's points per game are probably still relatively low, into the maybe sixteens. And if you gave, you know, ten touchdowns to Justin Jefferson, maybe that gets him to like fifteen to sixteen points per game. It's just it's still not in that upper tier. So you had to kind of talk about a mono Saint Brown. I'll do projections here. Why don't you specifically hit on Ceede Lamb and Jefferson who you put in that range?
Speaker 3: Right, So, Jefferson had the worst quarterback play that I've seen in a long time last year. Max brossmer for a bunch of games. McCarthy was awful for the most part, and then Carson Wentz might have been his best option, and Carson Wentz is playing gimpy for most of his games with Minnesota. I remember watching Wentz against Pittsburgh in Ireland and it was crazy. The dude was gimpy. He could barely stand upright and they were still throwing him out there because Brosmer sucks so much. So I think Jefferson is going to get way. Tyler Murray at the helm a real NFL level quarterback, even if we don't like him and things didn't mesh with Marvin Harrison. We've seen him mesh with Hopkins, We've seen him mesh with Larry Like there's he's He's been a good quarterback in his career and he'll be way better than the mess that they had last year. And I think what people forget about Ceedee Lamb Ceedee Lamb had a high ankle sprain week two or week three, excuse me, So he had one hundred yards one hundred yards and then a high ankle sprain and then drug that around for the rest of the year because he probably came back too fast from it. So Pickens obviously also ate into him. So if you want to fear these guys, because you know Jefferson had a low catch total and didn't score any touchdowns, and you don't like Kyler because he didn't mess with Marv. I don't have a great argument against that. So fine, If you think Lamb is fading and that George Pickens's is better, Okay, that's fine. I understand where you're coming from. I don't see it that way. I still think is one of the best wide receivers in the league. I still think Jefferson is one of the best white outs in the league. I think they're going to take a much better leap this year because things will get back to a little more normal. Now. You know, maybe Ceedee Lamb is getting old, but maybe Jefferson is losing a step. I just don't think so.
Speaker 2: So of this tier, the lowest projected player of anybody in this tier is Nico Collins at eighty four catches twelve hundred yards, about seven and a half touchdowns than two hundred and ten points. What might so? I just wanted to throw that out of this tier. The second or the highest of this tier that's not a mono Saint Brown is Drake London, who's projected at one hundred and three catches thirteen hundred yards almost eleven touchdowns, So that's higher than Lamb and Jefferson. But what might surprise you is Jefferson is down here. They have more projected points on George Pickens than Jefferson. Jefferson projected at one hundred catches thirteen hundred yards. But what I think it is getting fed up in the projections only six touchdowns because he had the two. So if they start waiting touchdown projection production versus last year, and if they heavily wait, you know, let's say they do a three year window, but they're heavily waiting this previous year, I think it's kind of messy. I think it's a lot easier to project Jefferson back into that eight to nine range. But you could argue, like Kyler Murray got really weird, you know, with like the wide receiver play if he is the quarterback, you know what I'm saying, Like he wasn't didn't get the ball to Jefferson, didn't consistently get it to anybody like that might go to a little bit more tight end play, might play safety options, But like I would probably argue, I would put Jefferson in the eight to eight and a half touchdown range, and that would put him above George Pickens and probably right around Ceedee Lamb. So I throw that at you with those projections. Any thoughts on London projecting higher than both Cede Lamb and Jefferson, And then what I obviously said on Jefferson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't buy it. And London has a really high floor, right, he has a great floor. He averaged six teen points per game last season, but again he's missed games as well, and the quarterback play there is unpredictable. I guess we'll say. I think it's gonna be two. It might be Pennis, but they're both not very good. So I don't know. I just I'm not I'm I'm way in the Jefferson camp over Drake London, and I know that's not the most popular pick.
Speaker 2: I mean, the thing I think you like if it's Penix is you know Penix likes to throw the ball to London, you know, like.
Speaker 3: He likes to whoever has the ball in Atlanta has to throw the ball to London because it's London. Pits and bijon on those are your three targets.
Speaker 2: I mean, those just two good options. But if it's to a You know what two is gonna do. Be Jon Robinson's gonna have nine catches a game. He's just gonna dump it off. That's what two it does. Who is gonna throw those short line passes, which I actually do think still benefit London and probably helps Pits. But it's like Jhon Robinson's gonna get four billion catches a game because that's just what TUA does.
Speaker 3: So I think London, I think all these guys are pretty quarterback proof. It's just you can't be you can't be a non NFL level starter like Max Brosmer.
Speaker 2: Do you do you think it all? Maybe Nico doesn't belong in here. I feel weird.
Speaker 3: I think he would be the one if I'm yeah, if I'm picking hairs at this group, he would be the one because of his injury problems. Because I think Jayden Higgins can take the next step. They're gonna be better, better in the running game with David Montgomery as well this year. So yeah, if I'm pushing one guy out, it'll probably be Nico.
Speaker 2: The next tier. Interestingly enough, the top guy in the next tier coming in at wide receiver nine is aj Brown. He is projected higher than Nico Collins. We can talk about George Pickens is also he comes in at number ten, followed by Alave, Rashi Rice, Ttero, McMillan, Molik Neighbors, DeVonta Smith, and T. Higgins. So that is nine to sixteen. So that's back half of wide receiver ones to the first half of wide receiver twos. Some just breakdowns here. The highest projected per game highest points per game last year did go to Rashi Rice, we'll talk about him at eighteen point eight. Number two was George Pickens at seventeen point two, and then Chris Olave was actually sixteen point eight. Everybody else was relatively mediocre, including AJ Brown. The targets, Chris Olave led the way with one hundred and fifty six last year, catching one hundred balls. The lowest was Malik Neighbors because of miss time, so that one's kind of wonky. But and then Rashid Rice as well because he missed games. Then you would look at T. Higgins who comes in with ninety eight targets in fifteen games, still kind of low ish catches. Chris o Lave number one with one hundred, George Pickens number two with ninety three.
Speaker 3: A J.
Speaker 2: Brown caught us seventy eight balls last year and Devanta Smith caught seventy seven. That's going to be an interesting thing because Brown goes to a new destination. That definitely loved to spread the ball around whether they were going deep, and they love to use those rotations and go into the red zone. But you now have AJ Brown and now Devanta Smith becomes the number one guy in the yards department. George Pickens was your leader with fourteen hundred yards. You had AJ Brown, Chris Olave, Ttero McMillan, and Devanta Smith that did go over one thousand yards. A lot of those guys didn't because of injuries and the touchdowns. T Higgins had the most with eleven, so there might be some maybe negative regression in favor of Chase. Pickens and A. Lave both had nine. Very interesting. AJ Brown had seven last year, Tedoro with seven, Devanta Smith only four. So box you can definitely see. I think there's probably tons of conversation around this. George Pickens says he will not hold out Malik Neighbors theoretically back Devanta Smith becomes the number one. A J. Brown, I guess goes to an offense, I'll actually pass the ball like and Rashid Rice is the biggest diceist player of all of them because and maybe we start with him, because he has the fifth six highest projected numbers of any player. He comes in at number six above Ceedee Lamb. One hundred catches, almost eleven hundred yards, nine touchdowns a rushing touchdown. But dude just got a jail, Like he's got all these legal problems. I have to assume there's something coming for him. And then there's also the unknown. I don't know how you feel about this, Like is there been any words of like what the hell's going to happen with him? Is there going to be any more issues? Is there going to be any more suspensions? Like where are you at on raschid Rice? Right now? He seems dicey.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think he's going to have a suspension, so I you know, he is dicey. I'm not the biggest fan. I think that he will eventually be replaced because the Chiefs are going to get tired of dealing with this stuff. So but currently he's not facing any suspension, so it should be Really.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know if there'd be something else because he just had to serve like the thirty days, and then he had the other thing that popped up, like more stuff popped up. Just sometimes the NFL likes are cracked down.
Speaker 3: I just he just had he just had to serve the thirty days immediately because he violated his probation. So it's not a new charge or anything. It's just he did something wrong, so he had immediately.
Speaker 2: I guess violating probation. I thought that might be something the NFL looks at, but maybe.
Speaker 3: I don't think they do. So I don't think he's going to face another suspension. But when is Patrick Mahomes going to be back? I think that's yeah, that's the question I think right now everyone is talking about, you know how they think he's going to be back for week one. I just highly doubt that. I think he's going to miss at least the first month, probably start the year on the pup. But I've been wrong before and they're going to try to rush him because he makes all the money in the world. So maybe he'll be back for week one. But even if he's back for week one, and I don't think he's one hundred percent so and I don't know what else is going to happen with the wide receiver corps. Like Tyreek Hill still free agent, they could sign him. Stephan Diggs is still free agent, you know, so there there could be more things coming for the Chiefs. So not one hundred percent sure what's going to happen there. So Rice is dicey. I'm going to be lower on him. I have him at fourteen. ZCR is twelve, So I'm just probably gonna let Rashie Rice be somebody else's issue for this year.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith. Let's look at the projections on both of these guys. AJ Brown comes in and this isn't numerically said. It looks like number ten tennant wide receiver projections. Eighty nine catches almost thirteen hundred yards eight touchdowns for the Patriots. Devanta Smith ninety catches around one thousand and fifty six touchdowns. So it actually looks like they're kind of laying down the touchdown production with Philly maybe right Philly. So those guys are between I said, I think AJ Brown is ten. I think Dewanta Smith is like fifteen in projection. But Dewanta Smith actually projected for more Yeah, more catches, just less yards and touchdowns. What do you think about I don't want to say new destinations, but Brown's a new destination. Smith is probably just a new position. As far as like targets on the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think it's beneficial for both of them obviously, right, So I think DeVante Smith is going to see more targets than he's had in his career. Is it going to be, you know, enough to make him a no doubt wide receiver one? I'm not quite there, h Jalen Hurt still isn't fantastic at passing the ball. It's not a strong suit. And they added my Kyle Lemon, they added they traded for Dantavian Wicks, They you know, drafted Eli Sowers and resigned Goddard. So it's not all gonna go to DeVante, but he should see a nice uptick, So I think it's nice for him, And I think AJ Brown being in a why with a quarterback that can actually get the ball to him downfield is going to be outstanding for him. So I'm probably more excited about Aj Brown moving than I am for DeVante Smith getting a. J Brown out of the offense.
Speaker 2: Okay, Because I was gonna ask is, like, what are you more comfortable with mid second round AJ Brown or mid third round DeVonta Smith? Like which, if you have the choice, You've got it. You gotta go.
Speaker 3: You're okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he's twenty one on this is the ADP across three sources on Fantasy pros he comes into twenty one and Devanta Smith is twenty eight. So like you could pass on AJ Brown to take Derrick Henry and then take Davanta Smith, Or you could take AJ Brown and then around DeVonta Smith you could take breissee Hall, Kirrin Williams, something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me that combo all day. Give me the AJ Brown and Kyrone combo all day. Uh?
Speaker 2: Malik? Where are you out on Malik? And recovery from the injury? What this offense looks like? Obviously we know he could be a top You want to talk about guys when they're out there who could be a top five overall wide receiver. Malik Neighbors fits that territory. But what is what's your vision of what his production and how many games he plays this year? And then I'll talk about the projections.
Speaker 3: I really hate the cleanup surgery, and I really hate that the giants also tried to pass it off as ah, this is all normal, this is no big deal at all, and then we see deepok going, Yeah, guys, don't just get clean up procedures, right right, It's not like a normal thing that happens. So, yes, he's gonna miss a little bit more time. It pushes his window back. But I think for the most part, you know, even if Malik Neighbors has to miss time, I think it's one to two weeks, so still going to be pretty high on Malik coming back with Jackson Dark.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this then, because this is the only thing I actually am going to ask behind I can't get it for this episode, but I'm gonna ask for behind the scenes. Here's Malik Neighbors projections. But I want you to tell me because I don't have the answer to this. But how many games do you think they're projecting when they give you these numbers? But I have to give you the numbers first, Okay, seventy five catches essentially a thousand yards, nine hundred and ninety eight eight point eight touchdowns, so nine touchdowns, so call it one thousand and nine and seventy five catches. The seventy five catches is the thing that's throwing me.
Speaker 3: Off here, So fourteen and change.
Speaker 2: I don't I told you I don't have the answer.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't have the answer.
Speaker 2: Oh, I said I don't have the answer. I'm asking what do you think when you hear that projection? What do you think the projected numbers? I'm going to ask what they did here because you just said he misses one to two games. So do you think seventy five catches is him playing fifteen weeks or fourteen weeks? Or do you think seventy five catches is him playing ten games or twelve games?
Speaker 3: I think I think that's closer to fourteen or fifteen, that would be my guest.
Speaker 2: So really, okay, I mean just but he's like a target monster. I would think if he's only missing two games, he's probably still catching like eighty five to ninety yeah.
Speaker 3: One hundred and seventy targets. But that was also you're I guess you're right because I was in fifteen games this first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm san.
Speaker 3: It's also I think, yeah, I don't know, Yeah, that that might be missing a month.
Speaker 2: This is like twelve games. To me, this is like a twelve game marker. He plays based on this projections, which is still high. So if he were to beat that, does that look like if if he catches was it seventy five catches? If he catches eighty eight for twelve hundred and ten touchdowns, that's a top ten you know what that is. That's George Pickens who has eighty seven catches twelve to fifty one and nine touchdowns. That's more of his production. So just something to think about with miliite neighbors projections. I would love to know what their game total is, But seventy five catches to me, doesn't vibe to missing two games. That's like a month of games.
Speaker 3: That's four Yeah, I think you're right, but we.
Speaker 2: Don't know what the injury is gonna look like. So are you do you think we should be a little bit more hesitant that it should be like we think he's only going to play twelve games this coming season, twelve to thirteen, or he only misses one or two games.
Speaker 3: I would say one or two. That would be my My initial thought process is like this isn't good for the beginning of the year. But I don't think that, like if this was anything more than a cleanup, like a cleanup isn't normal. But if it was anything more than a cleanup, I think they would have said something at this point. They might not I'll say, I'm looking at uh, I'm trying to see in a different projection thing. If so that the games that I'm seeing for him on ESPN's just to look at a different one, because they have games. It does say fifteen and that is what was their projection one hundred and twenty targets, seventy six catches, one thousand and three yards and seven scores, So that's more representative of that.
Speaker 2: I'm just not sure I buy that. I mean, maybe they just think Dart's gonna you're gonna have just like a But what was the I'm sorry, what was the target to catch ratio? How many targets.
Speaker 3: For the projection or for what he had in his first for the projection it was one hundred and twenty targets and seventy six catches.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a pretty garbage catch rate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so was his first year one hundred and seventy targets one hundred and nine.
Speaker 2: Who the hell was his quarter Who did the quarterback play?
Speaker 3: Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I think he might be.
Speaker 3: I think Dart is way better. But is Dark gonna stay on the field because he lowers his head like you know, can't he learned it from Cam Scataboo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fair.
Speaker 3: Actually that was Daniel Jones for the most part, DJ, Drew Locke, Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 2: Interesting Also, Giants GM said they expect Milk Neighbors to be ready for week one. The quote was, I think I still think he'll be fine week one, so we'll see he's training in the right direction.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think that. I means you might as well ask me. I think he's training in the right direction. Like, it doesn't matter what we think, you know, it is a setback. Regardless of what they say. He may be ready for week one, but this is a setback for him being ready for week one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there just might be some room for growth in there. I just want to throw that out there. Anything. George Pickens got really aggressive projections. I didn't look. I mean, because we can move on but like Ttero McMillan is like right next to Milak neighbors projects. And that's the full season.
Speaker 3: The one that concerns me the most is Chris Olave. And I still like Olave. I still have him at twelve. I think he's going to be a good wide receiver this year. But I'll say this, I think that Chris Olave relied a lot on volume.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: He doesn't create after the catch. He didn't didn't have a lot of yak at all last year. He doesn't make tacklers miss at all. He catches and you know, either streaks of the end zone because he's it's a deep pass and he's not touched, or he falls down, and so there's there's the yak is when he's wide open. He's not making guys miss, so he's not doing it on his own. He's fall dependent. And the Saints bring in Jordan Tyson in the first round. They're bringing Bryce Lance, and they bring in Oscar Delp they signed Travis at Chen, Like, there are extra pieces to this offense this year that I think are going to pull away from Olave. So I think his floor became bigger. Ceiling is still fine. I mean Tyson is starting with a hamstring injury and he is the main competition for target, so he may miss time to start the year as well. But I think Chris o'lave just his floor is way bigger than I think people are giving credit for.
Speaker 2: And Olave. I don't know if I said it. His projections were higher than Nico ninety four catches, twelve hundred yards, eight touchdowns. That's pretty damn good. That's right next to AJ Brown. Next tier, you've got seventeen through twenty seven, so that is, you know, the back half of wide receiver twos into wide receiver threes. You've got Garrett Wilson coming in at seventeen, Zay Flowers at eighteen, Lad McConkie, Terry McLaurin, a Mecca Agbuca, Jalen Waddle, followed by Devonte Adams a twenty three, Luther Burden, Jamison Williams, Mike Evans, and Chris Christian Watson at twenty seven. Big group here, a lot of stuff, a lot of players to kind of hit. But one I know you've been Fantasy pros loves to pull the clip and put them out there and people yell at you is Zay Flowers, and Zay Flowers has got some pretty high projections. I believe Flowers is projected as like the thirteenth or fourteenth highest. He's actually the final of the two hundred plus fantasy points on just a basic half PPR, he's the last one projected of two hundred or more. So he's right next to Nico eighty three catches, twelve hundred yards, seven touchdowns. Statistically, last year he had one hundred and eighteen targets, eighty six catches, twelve hundred and five touchdowns, and had fourteen point three Fantasy points per game, which was higher than anybody on the whole list we talked about except DeVante Adams, and DeVante Adams was obviously propped up by the absolutely ridiculous touchdown equity that he had. So, I know you're a big Zay Flower guy. Do you want a wax on Zay Flowers, because he definitely I would think in your mind you actually have him Matt at ECR, which is funny, but based on you know what I've heard you talk about, he might be kind of a value here. He is projected higher than where he's being ranked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, okay, So say seventh and wide receiver points thirteenth. In points per games, he is third and teen yards only Jasn and Puka were higher. Seventh in yards per route run, ninth in yards per target second, mistackles fourth among wide receivers eighth and miss tackles fourth, force per reception tenth and YAK eighteenth and yak per catch eighthen yards per target over expected. There is a lot of room for growth for Zay Flowers, and this offense is going to change and get more vertical and pass more. I think, you know, everyone always complains about the lack of touchdowns. Lack of touchdowns, Yeah, okay, but the offense is changing. There's going to be more opportunities for everybody for touchdowns in my opinion, and he doesn't have to live on that. He can live off of reception and specifically if you're in a PPR league, but still fine for half PPR. I think there's just they brought in guys like Sarrat and Jacoby Lane, but no one to really challenge him. I think bigger than adding Sarat is losing Isaiah likely, So I think there's just a lot of targets for him, and I think they're going to pass more, and I think this offense is going to be more efficient with it. And he's just great with the ball in his hand, so if he gets more volume, there's just way more on the board. And he are already finished seventh last year, so big.
Speaker 2: And he's really weird too because check this out. He is eighteenth ECR wide receiver, so that's the rankers. He's sixteenth on ADP, so that means rankers are undervalume versus where he's going in drafts currently, and he's fourteenth among projections, so his projection is higher than both where he's ranked and he's actually going in drafts, so just you know, fourth round. He's going in the fourth round right now, that you know, might be like a really good value based on kind of everything we just talked about picking back up on this tier seventeen through twenty seven. Mentioning the points per game, Luther Burden was the only one of this whole group that averaged less than ten points a half PPR per game, probably the very first half, second half type of thing. Your big points per game guys were Garrett Wilson, Jay Flowers, Davante Adams and maybe you could throw Christian Watson in there everybody. Jamison Williams is kind of like right on the fringe targets. Most targets actually went to a Mecca Agbuca who had one hundred and twenty seven, Who's now gonna be thrust into you know whatever you want to call it the number one role to Mike Evans roll whatever. They still got Chris Godwin. Of course, Zay Flowers was number two with one hundred and eighteen. Lad McConkie at one o six, DeVante Adams at one fourteen catches. We went to Zay Flowers by a country mile man eighty six. The next closest of this tier was Lad McConkie at sixty six. Zay Flowers and Jamison william the only players to go over one thousand yards. DeVante Adams was the only double digit touchdown guy of the group. So that gives you kind of a little baseline. Let's talk about a mechag Buka real quick. Do you think it's fair that people should put higher expectations on a Mecca egg Buka because Mike Evans is gone, he gets to I mean there, they've got a robust wide receiver corps like They're never short of that. They've got talented guys. But should people just put a Mecca egg Buka into Mike Evans' role knowing Chris Godwin can still eat because of the talk of the town right now, I think people freak out about Chris Godwin. But is it fair to do that or do you think the expectations are going to get a little high because a Mecca did disappear in that offense a little bit on the back half of last year.
Speaker 3: You're right, he did disappear, But I think there are two things going on there. I think number one was probably a little bit of the rookie wall right, and number two is he you know, Baker Mayfield was really hurt at the end, so he was not the same guy in the second half. So I think that affected the entire offense, not just in Mecca. So but do I think there should be higher expectations, one hundred percent. But I also so think that he's not Mike Evans. He's not gonna score twelve touchdowns. I don't think you should expect that from him. Wide receiver won for this team absolutely, and I think the ceiling is very high for a Meccagbuka because we've seen, you know, Chris Godwin get hurt, Jay McMillan has missed a bunch of time, and after that it does get kind of thin. It would be Ted Johnson, who was nice when he had to play last year, and then rookie in Ted Teddy Hurst. So but they do have two really nice pass catching backs as well, and Bucky and Kenneth Gainwell. So I think I think a Mecca is gonna be fine here. I think you should expect him to be a wide receiver too, But to expect him to be Mike Evans, who is a no doubt Hall of Famer, is a bit much.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this then, because he comes in at wide receiver twenty one on ECR, you have two guys that you have to make an argument that are gonna bounce back after poor years. You have both Ladd McConkie and Jalen Waddle ahead of a Mecca Buka in your personal ranks. Ladd is higher on consensus like in general, but I guess not so much about a Mecca. Do you really believe that Ladd and Jalen Wattle are both going to make bounce backs Ladds is new offensive coordinator, and obviously Jaylen Wattle with a new team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think Ladd is going to work really well in this system, and I think he's still the most talented among the Chargers wide receivers. I no QJ is getting a lot of love, and I know Mike McDaniels has talked a lot about how good QJ is going to be and how he needs to rip the top off the league and everybody. But he talks about that to everybody. You know, he said Brendan Thompson is going to be the next Tyreek Hill. So let's not not take what Mike McDaniel says with that much. You know, you got to take everything he says with a grain of salt. So Jaalen Wattle going from the mess of Miami's offense in Tua to bo nicks In being the number one for this Den offense is I think just a great step. So yeah, I'm going to be more in on Wattle and Ladd. I think Ladd is probably riskier because I think the floor drops out a little bit more for him. But we saw from his rookie season that ceiling is really high, So I'm willing to take those guys over in Meca right now.
Speaker 2: Do you think at all, because I know you know there's conflicting stuff in here. I'm with Pat, but I'm also a homer about this. Pat and I both agree that Mike Evans seems kind of criminally underrated here, and I think it is driven heavily because you got to believe this. It is heavily driven by the fact that Mike Evans could lead the league in touchdowns, So you have to be a Mike Evan said three touchdowns last year. He's going to a new San Francisco offense, so I think you've got to live in a world where you think that's going to have like a heavy increase. And again, I think projections really struggle when a player has a bad touchdown on season in being able to do that. Because Mike Evans is projected for less touchdowns than DJ Moore, less touchdowns than Christian Watson, I have a hard time believing Mike Evans is gonna have less than ten touchdowns. I think he looks like one of the better, buy more criminally underrated players because the San Francisco offense can move through not having to worry about too much going to Christian McCaffrey once Kittle is back, and then he's gonna become a big red zone option. But like party's gonna find him the ball. I look at him coming in at twenty six as a wide receiver three, and I'm just like, not like, I think I think he should be much higher. Maybe this is just a tier conversation, but you actually physically have him ranked lower, So maybe you just do not believe that. But what is your take? The projections again on Mike Evans are sixty three catches essentially nine hundred yards and six and a half touchdowns.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think those are right, because how many games is he gonna play? I think that's the big question because he's had injuries the last two years, last year obviously being way worse than the year before four. But you know, it seems like these soft tissue issues keep happening with Mike Evans. So I mine is more of a concern about how I think you just bake him in for four miss games and I hope it's not more than that at this point in his career. So, and he's going to a new offense with a new quarterback. Sometimes there's adjustment, sometimes there's not, So I'll admit that there's but I think that's what makes wide receiver deep. I think there's a lot of ceiling with a lot of these players, but the further down you get, the more floor we see with them as well. And I just think there's a lot of floor from Mike Evans with his you know, wonky hamstring at this point in his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, picking up some of the projections that I kind of jumped by, just to make sure you guys have someone who's some guys we talked about. Okay, So of the two bounce back wide receivers, lad McConkie is projected higher than Jalen Wattle. Laddi McConkie at seventy seven catches only nine hundred and eighty seven yard, six and a half touchdowns. Wattle seventy five catches two with six touchdowns. And when we compare him against Mechagua Mecha Buca is sixty nine catches, almost eleven hundred yards and almost eight touchdowns. So just interesting. Both of the your bounce back guys projected quite a bit lower and a Mecca projected much higher. In that range Luther Burton. Do you think Luther Burden should be the top Chicago wide receiver in projections and drafts. I know there's some people that are trying to push Roma Dunsday. You think Burden belongs in this territory?
Speaker 3: I mean, I do I have. I have Burden at twenty I have Rome at twenty five. I think the ceiling is higher for Luther. There's probably a little bit of Pat Fitzmorris bias in me because Pat is the biggest defender of Luther Burden, I think maybe on the planet. But I know Luther Burden was a massive, massive prospect in college. He was great at Missouri except for when he was hurt. And there's a lot of upside here, specifically with DJ Moore going by the wayside. So yeah, I think I think Rome probably has a higher floor than Luther Burton, but Luther burn definitely has the higher ceiling, and for the most part, I want ceiling.
Speaker 2: Who of this tier seventeenth through twenty seven again, it's Garrett Wilson, Flowers, mconkey, McLaurin, at Mecca, Waddell, Adams, Burden, Williams, Evans Watson. Who do you think has the highest ceiling of all these wide receivers.
Speaker 3: The highest ceiling of this group is probably DeVante again because Stafford and all the touchdown opportunity for him.
Speaker 2: Okay, who do you think is the biggest chance to bust of this group?
Speaker 3: Definitely Christian Watson. Christian Watson has had injury issues throughout his career. Even last year he was great, played ten games, So Christian Watson is one that makes me the most nervous.
Speaker 2: And then who are the two wide receivers you're most likely to draft from this range?
Speaker 3: Zay? I think, and probably, I mean in any league I'm not with you, I'm probably still gonna roster Mike Evans, So probably Zay. And I'll say I'll say Wattle based on where I have him ranked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think based on your rank of Evans, you're going to struggle with me or not without me, because you're lower than consensus. And I think you're just gonna have part of a league that's in the camp that projections and everything are just undercutting. And then you're gonna have part.
Speaker 3: Of the league like ADP because I bet you his ADP is lower than his rank because people look at Mike Evans and they go, eh, he's old. I'm telling you in rooms, I bet I bet you it's lower.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's look, I'm gonna say what was I clicked on running back? I want to say higher, But you know what, you could be right it is. I know I was right twenty four. He's a twenty fourth, twenty fourth wide receiver, twenty six on this list, and you have him at like twenty eight. So yeah, into wide receiver too. So that's why I'm saying, like, I think he's above Mike Adams or DeVante Adams orr. I was looking at Mike Evans name Devant. He's one spot above DeVante Adams in ADP right now, because I think, I just think you're gonna be split. You're gonna have your group that's like, oh no, he's kind of injured and dah da da, and then you're gonna have this group that's like we're completely under selling. Like Kittle might miss time, the forty nine ers score a whole bunch, like Mike Evans is going to be party's most absolute favorite red zone threat.
Speaker 3: The forty nine ers and an injury prone player. What's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 2: It's a Spider Man meme. But it's just all, you know, fifty players staring at each other in a hospital. Hundred percent all right. The next tier, this is twenty eight through forty, So this is the back half of wide receiver threes into flexi wide receiver fours, starting with Roma Dunes at twenty eight. DJ Moore comes in at twenty nine, Carnel Tate at thirty so we get some murky action. Alec Pierce at thirty one, Marvin Harrison at thirty two, DK Metcalf, Courtland Sutton, Brian Thomas, Chris Godwin. I stopped there for a second. That is the end of the twelve team. Wide Receiver three is at thirty six. There are four more players in this tier. It is Michael Wilson, Jordan Tyson, Parker Washington, and Jacoby Myers. Just a few little noty things because it's tough to do all the stats here the projected points per game. There are four players that had projected twelve or more points per game. That was Roma Dune day, Alec Pierce, DK metcalf In, Courtland Sutton. All kind of messy. There is no messy reasons, you know, like Alec Pierce with you know, he gets time, he doesn't get time roma dunes like. It's all just very messy in those points per game hard to project. The highest target share went to Michael Wilson with one hundred and twenty six and Courtland Sutton at one hundred and twenty four. Catch Wise, it's really gross. Michael Wilson actually had the most catches of anybody here seventy eight catches, followed by Sutton again at seventy four. I'm sorry, Jacoby Myers had seventy five, so he was right under Michael Wilson. Only three players had one thousand yards. That was Alec Pierce, Cortland Sutton and Michael Wilson again. And touchdowns seven from Sutton, seven from Williams and then just a kind of bunch of low totals that are in there. So there's a whole lot of stuff to get to. I want to poke you on this player, Alec Pierce. Alec Pierce jumpson to you know, be like a number one from the wide receiver standpoint. With the with Michael Pittman going to Pittsburgh, he's got some pretty interesting projections he has projected on the consensus projections Bogs, higher than Lad McConkie, higher than Courtland Sutton, higher than your boy Jalen Waddle or Luther Burden. Alec Pierce projected for sixty three catches over one thousand yards, closer to eleven hundred and seven touchdowns, right under kind of a doonsay in Jamison Williams and actually within four points of Terry McLaurin and half PPR. Do you think that is hyper aggressive or do you think people might be sleeping a little bit on Alec Pierce When he comes in at thirty one at wide receiver.
Speaker 3: He was going into the season completely healthy with no issues. I would probably say that this is fine, no issue, But right now he has some ankle issue, wasn't ready to go. In Oda's it said he's probably not going to be ready for the very start of training camp. So week one I think is in question for Alec Pierce right now. So I did in my most recent update lower Alec Pearson my ranking. So I think there are also issues with who is going to be his quarterback to start the season. I were thinking it's Daniel Jones coming off the Achille surgery, but I'm not one hundred percent sure so maybe right Riley Leonard for a handful of games. So I'm not there with Alec Pearce. I e great year last year, and Michael Pittman's gone, so there should be a lot of opportunity for Alec Pearce, but I'm just not quite there.
Speaker 2: To your point, ADP is actually with you when I say ECRs thirty one, Yes, ADP is actually thirty five. So almost pushed him out. So you've got like people liking him projections are the highest rankers kind of want to like him, but people can't come to terms of draft him right now because of the question marks that ADP probably drives much higher, probably into the twenties.
Speaker 3: If I was impressed by Alec Pierce last year, man like and and really my thing was he did it without Daniel Jones too, he did it with when Philip Rivers. He had some good games last season. So I do like Alec Pierce a lot. I just think he might get off to a slow start quarterback issues so interesting. Can I point out to get a lot of number ones too now, So just pointing out I think you and I had a little debate last year of Alec Pierce versus Marvin Harrison and Alec Pierce one hundred and eighty three points Marvin Harrison one hundred and twenty seven points. There definitely was a bet in there. I do not remember what it was, but I was definitely right about that. Scored more touchdowns, He scored way more fantasy points he had. We just had more everything than Marvin. But it actually this almost looks comical. It is weird seeing he scored almost sixty more points and he only had six more receptions, but he had four hundred more yards receiving two touchdowns, and Marv just kind of fell apart just that. I just literally just remembered that we had that. Marvin Kyler not buddies, right, They did not get along at all.
Speaker 2: So if people got on my case, I think about that too, me saying Alec Perce is just a better wide receiver than Marvin, and.
Speaker 3: It well do I crapped on Marvin in the Dynasty Show after complimenting him, I said, listen, I think Marvin Harrison is going to have a much better year this year, right, But if he doesn't have a good year in twenty twenty six, we're done. I'm not making any more excuses we can't say, oh, well, when Arch comes in now, Marvin Harrison is going to be way better, or when Julian sand whatever quarterback they get next year comes in is going to be this is going to be much better. No way, I'm done with it. If you can't succeed with Brissette or Kyler, you're probably just not that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you these two questions. I was actually going to pair these took what people against each other, but I'm gonna pair them against their own grouping because their guys are here. Do you think Marvin Harrison should be ranked above Michael Wilson? And I kind of know this. I'm actually shocked at your rank of Michael Wilson. Michael Wilson was one hundred percent the number one guy with Jacoby Brissett. So I'm a little confused by you have a twenty spot rank against I guess I need not ask that question. Why why do you have such a big gap between them when Michael Wilson outperformed Marvin Harrison across the board.
Speaker 3: Because I don't think it's going to happen again, and I don't think that they're going to pass at the crazy volume that they did. Last season, they threw the ball more than any time anyone in the NFL, six hundred and forty nine times. They threw nine more times in the Bengals more times than the Broncos and the Rams, you know, So there is not going to be that many pass attempts. So when the pass attempts go down, Trey McBride is number one. Trey McBride is still number one. I think they're trying to push Marvin Harrison into number two, right, So I think Jeremiah Love is going to be third, and that now leaves Michael Wilson down at fourth in this pecking order, and Kendrick Horn is not a nothing. So I think there's just going to be way less volume overall for every Cardinal, but specifically for Michael Wilson.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me do this. I'm trying to do this math real quick, and there's definitely somewhere would have easily done it. So last year, not because I don't want to do the targets, because that's not fair, because Michael Wilson absolutely out targeted on a per game basis. Marvin Harrison averaged six targets per game to seven point four for Michael Wilson per game with Jacoby Brissett, there a decent amount that doesn't do anything for that. You think there should be twenty spot differential even when Michael Michael Wilson was averaging on a game basis Okay, yes, okay, no more than you asked me the question three times. Yeah, well, I just okay, that's fine, It's totally fine. You're Marvin Harrison guy. It's just like, this is one of those things where you see a guy I understand underutilized, and Marvin Harrison is super talented, but it's like, why does like you have Michael Wilson not.
Speaker 3: Even it's going to be a different offense, you didn't. It's the same thing with Parker Washington, by the way, which I'm low on MS. I'll just get that out too. Well, that's actually what I wanted to go to you about.
Speaker 2: I wanted to do. Do you buy back in on Brian Thomas When you see Parker Washington and Jacobe Myers they're all in the same tier, That to me is it becomes lazy. All three of them can't do that. So I think you either have to be like Brian Thomas is a bounce back or Parker Washington is the guy, and a lot of people are making Parker Washington the guy. I guess unless they all just eat the hell into each other. But it looks like you kind of have a stance on the Jacksonville situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and shout out to Pat fitz Morris for pointing this out right. Like, we sat and watched the Jaguars draft Nate Porkature with their first pick, and everyone was like, what the hell is happening? A blocking tight end? You already have Brenton Strange. And then they went and got Tanner kozi All in the fifth who's a massive six foot seven monster of a tight end from Houston. Why are they doing this? Because it's a copycat league and they're gonna run thirteen personnel. And when you run thirteen personnel, which is what the Rams did and had a lot of success with it last year, they're copying Sean McVay and the Rams. You get one wide receiver in thirteen, and that wide receiver is going to be Brian Thomas. So Parker Washington's going to be off the field way more. When Jacoby Myers came in and they extended him, he had more targets and receptions than Parker Washington after Jacoby Myers came over. I think he's still a better wide receiver, and I think I like Parker Washington. I think what made Parker Washington as success last season is gone for this year. I don't think he's gonna be on the field nearly as much. So my pick for the Jaguars as ugly it's Brian Thomas, but it's honestly kind of nobody for the Jaguars. I don't think I'm gonna like anyone but Trevor Lawrence in that offense this year.
Speaker 2: Picking up some projections on some of those players that we talked about, I just lost it.
Speaker 3: It looks like.
Speaker 2: A yeah, Parker Washington is projected for more points than Brian Thomas this year, sixty two catches, eight eighty one and six touchdowns to Brian Thomas's fifty five, eight forty eight and five and a half touchdowns. So more catches, more yards, and more touchdowns for Parker Washington. That's really interesting. But more into what you were talking about are on your side is the Marvin Harrison versus Michael Wilson thing. Marvin Harrison is projected closer to Luther Burden sixty nine catches nine to fifty and six touchdowns to Michael Wilson sixty six catches eight hundred and are on five touchdowns.
Speaker 3: And another thing about Michael Wilson that people don't realize it because it hasn't happened in the NFL, and I hope it's over with. But the dude was incredibly injured in college. That's why he was. He was better than where he went, which is why his success in the NFL isn't that surprising. Is a very good wide receiver, but it's very hurt in college. And I'm a little bit afraid of those things popping back up.
Speaker 2: Only other two things are going to throw out. The two rookie wide receivers. You have them next to each other, and you are quite a bit higher projections. Sixty seven catches nine to twenty and four touchdowns for Carnell Tait, sixty four catches run nine hundred yards and four and a half touchdowns for Jordan Tyson. You are ranked a bit higher. You have them as wide receiver threes. Tyson comes in as a wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Four.
Speaker 2: Tate. You actually have at consensus I didn't realize, but you're both You're in on both of those guys, so maybe there's more of a conversation around Tyson for a second. Just quick thoughts on the two rookie wide receivers.
Speaker 3: I think Carnel Tait is immediately your wide receiver one for the Titans. What does that mean with cam Ward? We're not one hundred percent sure, right, so, but I love the additions of Carnell Tate and Wandell Robinson. I think it makes this offense way way better. And I really Tate. Tate's upside is going to come from touchdowns and incredible plays, So a lot of chrys Olave like upside for our boy Tait and Tyson. Tyson is gonna it's gonna depend on what it is happening with his hamstring, because the more I see of this hamstring, the less I'm going to be in. I'm gonna probably start lowering him pretty soon. If he's not ready to go for training camp, then I'm I'm probably gonna be out on Tyson. But there's a lot of talent here and finally a number two target. I think they're just trying to surround Shook with so much talent, there's no excuses, and if he doesn't work then it's easy to bring a quarterback in and plug plug them in when you surround them with awesome weapons. So I think Tyson is very, very good and has a ton of upside in this tier.
Speaker 2: What wide receiver do you think has the most upside? You can do two if you want as well.
Speaker 3: The most upside. I mean, I think for what we've seen, it's probably still it's probably still Brian Thomas, right, I have him at thirty seven, so I'm just not his ECRs thirty five. I probably won't roster any Jacksonville guys, but in terms of upside, it is still him. And then what was the other one for?
Speaker 2: It was just if you wanted to do too? No, you want to do too, that's fine, but if you don't seem like you're super into the high guys of this.
Speaker 3: So Rama Doonsay man like Rama Donsay, I think is getting. There's a lot of Luther burdon love. There's a lot of coltson love and love, and I think Roma Donsay's being forgot about. So I think that Roma Donza has a ton of upside as well.
Speaker 2: What about the biggest bus one or two in this range. I mean, I guess you would probably say, I mean, I feel like I could speak for you and say, Michael Wilson and Parker Washington and your biggest.
Speaker 3: Bus they are yes, Okay.
Speaker 2: The last tier not going to go into heavy breakdown because there's so many players. Just ask you a few questions. This is forty one through fifty six, so this is like second tier backup with a little bit of flex. Makay Lemon comes in at forty one, followed by Pittman, Jordan Addison, Wandel Robinson, Ricky Pirosaw, Quentin Johnston, Jayden Reid, and Josh Downs. That ends I think the wide receiver four top flex options. Then it goes to Xavier Worthy, Jayden Higgins, Khalil shak Here, Casey conception On, Romeo Dobs, Jalen Coker, Matthew Golden, and Rashid Shaheed. The question is maybe just kind of getting into this, what do you see as like any egregious early ranks Like this is kind of like the upside question, like are there are a couple guys in this range that you really love? I mean, obviously you might have guys ranked higher DA DA DAT, But like, who are a couple of guys that you really love in this range that you think should be ranked higher and maybe will continue to rise as the offseason goes on.
Speaker 3: I think Casey Kcepcion is a little low. I mean I have in ten spots higher than acr here I'm at forty two where he's at fifty two. I just think with the Browns specifically now that Miles Garrett's gone, they're going to be losing in so many games. Casey Concepcion might be the leading target for the Browns here, it could be Denzel Boston as well, it could continue to be Harold Fannin. That's what makes these guys a little bit risky and dicey. Plus who's going to be the quarterback? Watson or Sanders. So I understand a lower rank, but I think Concepcion comes in and is immediately the best wide receiver on the field for the brown So I think he's a little low. I also think in my ranking doesn't really show it. I think Jayden Reid is probably a little low. Wandale's probably a little low. I just think the volume for these guys is going to be nice specifically for you know, when we're talking about running backs, what's going on with Josh Shacobs, right and all of his stuff? And if Josh Shacobs isn't going to be there, the backups to him are Marshawn Lloyd and Chris Brooks. I think it's gonna be a lot of Jordan Love throwing the ball. So the wide receivers in Green Bay, including Watson, who I just don't like because he can't stay healthy, but he's very talented. I think all those guys, Matthew Golden, I think they all have really high ceilings, but they all have pretty decent floors too, because they can't all three stand out.
Speaker 2: Can you take a guess who the highest wide receiver of this group from a projection standpoint is?
Speaker 3: Is that going to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah? One?
Speaker 3: Guess? Okay, Quentin Johnston.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, though, he was number two, Pusy damn not bad. I gotta give you credit because I get it wrong.
Speaker 3: You just said no, No.
Speaker 2: Very very close. But number one in the projected market is Wandel Robinson. And he scored the most points per game. I could tell you almost said him, you know, one hundred and forty targets last year, thirteen point six points per game. He goes to the Tennessee offense kind of like you said, you gotta don't know what we're in for with cam Ward and what this offense is going to look like. But what you kind of think is, like Wander Robinson's always had safety that option. Yeah, maybe maybe the ball moves a little bit more, maybe they move him out instead of like four yard outs, and Wando Robinson has nine catches for forty six yards. You know, it could be seven to eight catches and it's fifty to sixty yards and it's a little bit more. He is projected number one of this group. Number two was Quintin Johnson, number three. I just wanted to touch real quick. Do you have any opinions on your Pittsburgh Steelers, because that's Michael Pittman. He comes in with one hundred and forty seven yards, eighty two catches, a little south of eight hundred yards and five touchdowns. Obviously, DK Metcalf is higher, but Metcalf isn't insanely higher. Sixty two catches, nine hundred and six yards. You think either wide receiver is gonna separate themselves that you're gonna kind of want them as a target because they're a deal or is it just kind of a lah in that Pittsburgh Steeler offense.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna find out quick who the one to ross is. My bet would still be that it's DK Metcalf, but the answer is probably nobody in Pittsburgh. It's Iron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You can't throw the ball downfield anymore. But that's just guys.
Speaker 2: That's why I'd like and well but see, that's why I like Pittman. Like they they they showed they couldn't do the deep stuff with Metcalf by throwing him those little screen passes and going he's great with the ball with you know after the catch him yeak, Michael. Pittman has always been pretty good at like ten and in and finding those little spots. I actually think Pittman might become a really good safety and full PPR. I'm gonna like Pittman, I think a little bit more. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe that creates more separation from Metcalf or something, but I think Pittman is a guy that could end up having more targets. Metcalf is just the more explosive playmaker.
Speaker 3: I think everybody's gonna be wrong. It's probably gonna be Pat Fryerman without a yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, But I do think it's going to be like, you know, with the touchdowns. Maybe these guys blow up to wide receiver one every once in a while, but it's gonna be like, Okay, one week it was Pittman with three catches and Metcalf with seven. In the next week it was Pittman with seven and DK with three. It's gonna depend on coverage and all that stuff, but they got the big wide receivers to play bully ball and run like that's why they got them missed to block.
Speaker 2: So uh, any guys that you're gonna want to make sure a couple guys, I think you You obviously like Casey Conception and that's probably one. Any other players you think you're gonna be rostering this is your kind of tier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that in this tier, oh Man Wandale is a good one. So and I'm a little bit higher on him. I'm pretty positive on Makaya Lemon now that AJ Brown is gone, and I'm higher on Romeo Dobbs. I think that you know AJ Brown is probably going to open up stuff for Romeo Dobbs. So those are probably the three that I'm most likely to I'm probably I'm pretty lukewarm on Josh Downs. I know a lot of people really love Josh Downs with Pittman leaving and all that stuff, but you know, digging into Josh Downs, he catches the ball really well for a small guy. He's really great in contested situations. But he doesn't get yack. He's not an end zone threat. That's more Tyler Warren down there and way more Alec Pierce down there. And JT scores all the touchdowns he had eighteen last year. So I just think if Josh Downs is going to do work, it's going to be in PPR leagues.
Speaker 2: Only another guy. I hate doing this, but like, just pay attention to Ricky Pierce. So I hate doing this as forty nine Ers fan, but like just want to point out if you have Mike if you and I know you're a couple of spots are if you have Mike Evans there, Mike Evans is going to force a decent amount of the attention on the offense, and if he doesn't immediately, he's going to end game because he'll get targets. So you've got the backfield of Christian McCaffrey, you've got one side of the field at Mike Evans. And what did Ricky Piersoll proved to be? Ricky Piarsol did prove to be a little Jamison williamsz in that, Like he's gonna make some big plays, but perty's not afraid to sling the ball to him. So Piarsaw might not be some magnet, huge monster, but eight point nine fantasy points per game, I think that could decently go up. He could be a dark horse for a thousand yards. If he stays healthy for the entirety of the season, he might get a few more targets. And he's going down here at forty five. I just you know, I think you probably studo agree with me. I don't think he's like a massive target, but it's like a wide receiver like five or something like that.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, I mean I don't think that's bad, not at all.
Speaker 2: I'm eight and thirty two receiving yards.
Speaker 3: He's projected for who knows who is going to lead the Niners, you know what I mean, Like it's probably gonna be christ McCaffrey, but it could easily be Ricky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interesting stuff. There you go, fifty six wide receivers. That's the ECR. Obviously you can go to Fantasy Pro check out their ECR and ADP. Those are not necessarily our ranks. This is what the consensus looks like. But this gets you set to some of the projections, what the tiers look like, the valuations, and in some spots very interesting where it's like rank versus ADP versus projection and how different they are. Hopefully that got you guys set up and you enjoyed that. Next up, we will be talking about quarterbacks and tight ends in one episode, just kind of barreling through that to get through this primer season, and then we will be getting into the meat of stuff. We got mock drafts planned. If you guys want to be a part of those, go to in this League dot com sign up today, get access to the ranks. You can be a part of the action. Like I said, you're looking for leagues. People are setting up leagues, whether it's a dynasty or normal. Sometimes we have some fun ones that we're getting down with. You have access to us and you can be a part of these mock drafts, be a character on the show and just have some fun in the fantasy season. That is what we are all about and we appreciate the support. It makes the world go round. Find all the Bogman ranks at in this league dot com. You can find us on Fantasy Pros doing lots of different videos. I got a one coming up next week with Deep Bro and Pat. I believe in Boggs and I with I want to say, maybe Pat and someone else in a couple of weeks will be doing a mock draft bogs mind not even know. Yeah, there's gotta be like a guest.
Speaker 3: It's like you.
Speaker 2: I want to say it's Umi and Pat with a guest, but it could be Umi and Deebro. I'll have to recheck. But go to Fantasy Pros follow that. You'll find us there as well. Make sure you're subscribed to this podcast because football action is underway. Thank you guys as always, or Bogwin, I'm Wels. We'll talk to you next time right here and then this league. Peace.