Speaker 1: I have that ability here. I'll bring you back in internet. He moves to a new house in Summerland, and he looks like like one of the characters.
Speaker 2: John, you're a social media guy. You can't have ship internet man, like.
Speaker 1: You're all bad. It's like almost as bad as the internet in your office.
Speaker 2: That looks like this is better than that, clearly much better. Actually, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Ever since we moved to your cell phone, life is a lot better recording the show?
Speaker 3: How are you feeling? You look?
Speaker 2: You actually look like energized today. You look very nice. What's what's going on with you? You don't seem stressed. You seem very positive.
Speaker 1: I'm actually really stressed today. That's funny you say that I haven't been going going So I got elected h a president this week, so that was fun.
Speaker 3: Well good because you don't have enough going on. So that.
Speaker 1: In charge and that means shit is gonna get done.
Speaker 3: Murray, Like, what are you gonna like?
Speaker 2: Are?
Speaker 3: What's I got on this list?
Speaker 1: So if you guys didn't know, I handwrite everything and then I type it into like a spreadsheek is, I'm a psycho, but I gotta talk to the guy at our landscaping company. We got to make sure we got the trees ready for winter. We gotta install front sprinklers, you know, like hoa shit, And then I gotta like yell at the people that haven't paid past two assessments. You know, that's the fun part we need When you say.
Speaker 2: Yell hold on a second, do you mean like literally yelled them, Like.
Speaker 1: I call the management company that we pay and I'm like, hey, this person didn't pay, and then they have to be the bad guy. I can't even bag out of my neighbors. I actually like, I don't think there's like a neighbor that I dislike. So it's like I don't want to be the bad guy. I just want to like get shit figured out, Like why we're paying ten thousand dollars a year for insurance insurance on what we don't even have anything. We don't have a pool, we don't have like basketball courts. Why do we need insurance? Is such a scam, That's.
Speaker 3: What I do think.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you're rain is going to lead to like a lot of people leaving?
Speaker 3: Are you going to be like.
Speaker 1: You think because I'm the HOA president, people are going to move?
Speaker 2: Like are you gonna be like what like with Gavin Newsom is done to California where like everybody freese.
Speaker 1: Unify our neighborhood. And the very first thing I did on Friday when I got elected, because I was the treasurer is to say no, we are not increasing our HOA fees. Hello. So like when I say no new taxes, I need no new taxes.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is that a shot at Georgia poitical position I got?
Speaker 3: This? Is that a shot at George H. W. Bush?
Speaker 2: You know that's why he lost reelection in ninety two. He said, read my lips, no new taxes. Back then, both parties didn't like taxes. This was in nineteen ninety two. You were a kid, I very.
Speaker 1: Dory, vaguely remember nineteen ninety two, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Why George H. W. Bush said, read my lips, no new taxes. Then he implemented new taxes.
Speaker 1: That's why he didn't get all these lie That's all they do is lie. That's why a lot of people will react on social media.
Speaker 2: But now half the country wants more taxes, even I mean I don't, but it seems like people.
Speaker 1: I just paid off my taxes for twenty twenty five, twenty twenty four, just in time for twenty twenty six. Coincidentally, I paid a lot of money in taxes this year. Yeah. Well anyway, then I got to play with our old management company, so that was cool. I found twenty one thousand dollars that they forgot to give us. See look at all the things I'm doing that are great.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, pretty productive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. First, I'm not stressed. I I had to do that, and then I'm making some changes at wager Talk. Things are going really good. That's what I think. I'm energized because I'm out of energy as well.
Speaker 3: Tell me, tell me about the changes.
Speaker 1: So we have a new partnership deal. I think a lot of people alreadyknew this with picks and parlays, winners and whiners, and we're taking over all of their social media and YouTube channels. It's gonna be good for John Hoblin. Means he's gonna have zero life. But I bringing back some other shows that we previously got rid of. That's what I was asking yesterday about the future of this show, and you were just like, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, let's let's get can't we just get through? I mean, how many more weeks of football, is it.
Speaker 1: Like, well, we are contractually obligated till March madness, March madness, So well, you're not like four and a half more months.
Speaker 3: That's not that long, right, four months?
Speaker 1: You're you know, I talked to what is the National Championship like five months away?
Speaker 2: Probably like the Yeah, you know, four months. It's probably the first week of April, like right before the Masters and right before oh bro and the bro Am six will be then too.
Speaker 1: But I don't ever get invited to that, so I don't care.
Speaker 3: That's it's because it's only for the Broska.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: We we tried to do the female team one year with Kristin Mackie and then.
Speaker 1: Like everybody to do the female team with me and Ariel.
Speaker 3: Ariel does not have like golf.
Speaker 1: That she gives shit. She knows how to drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true, she does know how to drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, good answer, good answer, All right, Well we'll consider it for Brohm six.
Speaker 3: Brett Brett played in the first program.
Speaker 1: I remember speaking. I think he was unable to walk back to the Westgate. But what do I know? Thank you for that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think sleep in the clubhouse. Actually, John Murray, if I remember correctly, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know anything about that. I know that the Brohm is a fun event. People look forward to it to be of a social calendar.
Speaker 1: Positive. He was in the clubhouse and it was your fault. Yeah, it might have. Actually it might have been the Super Contest golf tournament. Regardless, he played golf with you and it was your fault that.
Speaker 3: I'll take the blame for that. So we're what week is this? This is week fifteen?
Speaker 2: You know somebody, Oh my god, somebody asked me about your involvement in all these contests. Yeah, and they asked me, how do you keep track of it all?
Speaker 3: Are you still alive? And any contests? One? And it was that a buy in one or a preseason one.
Speaker 1: It was a let me give you the exact information. I don't ever get called a liar on this show.
Speaker 3: It was, but it was a rebuy.
Speaker 1: It was a rebuy. Splash Millionaire Survivor Revival started week seven.
Speaker 3: We had here at the Westgate.
Speaker 2: Our Survivor Contest ended Sunday and it was kind of interesting because we were down to eight entries. One of the guys had two of the eight oh, the other six people. The other six people all used the Buccaneers wow. And he went he had one Cleveland one Seattle Wow. So when the Buccaneers lost.
Speaker 3: Seattle was blowing out Atlanta and it was just over.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that because I was sitting there watching the end of the Browns game, like, okay, if the if the Titans win, then the contest is over. Yeah, it actually was already. The guy was already gonna get the whole pool, whole pot.
Speaker 1: So congrats to him, nuts on him, Good for him, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he's the guy that if you remember he used what game was it? He used the Cowboys when they were a three point underdog, I think against Philadelphia. Do you recall that there was a there was a week where somebody in our survivor pool used the Cowboys as an underdog.
Speaker 3: I think it was against Philly.
Speaker 2: Okay, and there was people commenting like, did he make a mistake with that because they were a three point.
Speaker 1: Well it's not like when the guy you accidentally used the Packers on thingsgiving and they were like over a touchdown underdog, you know what I mean, Like they were at home dog.
Speaker 2: True, But Thanksgiving, you've got four games to choose from. In our contest, you had, like, you know, maybe probably twelve or thirteen games. Did you really need to use a dog?
Speaker 3: Whatever?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 3: Who am I to give him advice?
Speaker 2: He just won five hundred and fifty five thousand dollars the loan survivor, the loan winner of our contest.
Speaker 1: And it's over, so you don't have to mess with all this awful week God whatever forsaken. Who's gonna sit? Who's going to start?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think congratulations to that to the person who won. And one of the questions I get a lot is what are we going to change for next year? I don't think that we need in the survivor pool. I don't know why we would change anything. We were able to get it finished in week fifty fourteen, right only.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a great just a great traditional format high stakes. I thought it was wonderful. Yeah, I think CE team made me take some Thursday night team in the division. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like changing. I mean, you can make small changes to end season prizes. I guess that I get that part. But if you keep the contest consistent, I think it's got a better chance to grow an audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like, look at the contest, there's really nothing to change.
Speaker 2: Well, the people are asking pay more places do in season prizes?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, oh yes.
Speaker 1: Top ten pay the top ten.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I'm saying you said there's nothing to change. That's what people as.
Speaker 1: Tell me there is. I thought it was a really well round contest that the person or team that does the best over fourteen weeks gets first prize. The winner gets percentage of the prize pool. I will see this. I love doing stuff on Splash, and I get to change it however I want right, and I play with commissioners that I like and people that like my contest play how I like. I usually do not pick a contest that pays like the top one hundred or two hundred places. It's like I did a call. I did an NFL contest with them, and I tied for third. Okay, if I would have gotten first place out on forty grand, but I tied for third with like sixteen other people, and I was like, you're kidding, And what did you get? Like thirteen hundred dollars for a thousand dollars buying though, So I made three hundred bucks, but it was a thousand dollars buying. The tie breaker thing is the only thing that gets a little convoluted over there. But the guy who got first and the guy who got second, you can bet they were happy. Who cares if places eleventh through whatever don't get paid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I know. I mean there's just there's there's two ways of looking at it.
Speaker 2: People want to get you know, people pressured Ja Cornegie for a long time to pay more places and put more money in the in season contests and do more in season contests, and then it's like, oh, hey, now your winner only gets this much. Okay, So yeah, because it comes out with the price.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's not my point is. So, for example, I'm in a contest right now. I'm going to tell you where I'm at. I have not been doing them very well the last couple weeks, but right now I'm sitting in fourteenth place. I am, and I'm tied with other people. I'm one hundred and eleven and ninety seven on the NFL season and I'm tied with other people. But the top three one two eighty six, one nineteen eighty nine, one seventeen ninety one.
Speaker 3: How many games a week?
Speaker 1: Are you picking every single game? It's every single NFL game against his pread?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, but it sounds like the worst.
Speaker 1: It's awful. Well, what the worst part is is the week that I went fourteen in two is I still didn't get the weekly prize of fifteen hundred dollars because somebody else not fifteen and one you were what would be the prize is great and all, but I don't know, like, is a five hundred dollars buy And what am I going to get back for tying for fourteenth place? Like that's stupid. I shouldn't get anything back. I'm having a good year, but I'm not having a winning year. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: It's not enough to be making money.
Speaker 1: No, But I'm not going to go to the commissioner and say you should pay the top fifteen places. I mean, there's only like one hundred sum of us in this contest, one hundred and there's all one hundred and fourteen of us in this contest. We just paid five hundred bucks to get in, so it's like.
Speaker 3: Fourteen one hundred and fourteen people pay the top five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine if you really really want to pay the top ten. But like paying out all these places I think is stupid. I think we we are trying. It's like participation trophies. Like I said, I was like so annoyed that I won three hundred dollars. Who maybe not winning three hundred dollars. I had a great I went thirteen and two and I tied with like a bazillion other people to go thirteen and two that week.
Speaker 3: I think that's kind of your generation though.
Speaker 2: Participation trophees make everybody happy.
Speaker 3: Now, how did you do last week? I don't recall you melting down.
Speaker 1: I was this close to going five and oho in the Westgate Super Contest, and I almost tweeted it. I just twd it, and because so what. I was watching h Broncos Raiders as twenty four to seven, and then I see Caleb Williams, you know the double box. I see Caleb Williams throw a touchdown pass. I'm like, oh boy, here come the fourth quarter Bears. I got Packers minus six and a half.
Speaker 2: So I just clicked the box because, well, hold on, hold on, because you hate the Bears.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Yeah, I hate the Bears. That's why. Uh So I was like here come the fourth quarter Bears. So I just go to Bears Packers, which obviously started almost twenty minutes after Broncos Raiders. Then I get on social media after the game and I'm like sweet four and O today baby, like let's have a day. And I was looking for Sunday night football stuff and I was like what.
Speaker 3: Just what?
Speaker 1: Just what? How did I not? I didn't cover Broncos and I see everybody else melting down, But by then it was too late to melt down, like I. I was like an hour past the game when I was gonna get mad, an hour past the game.
Speaker 2: You think there's like a statute of limitations on melting down, Like, h well, I got fucked, but it happened two days ago.
Speaker 3: So I can't say anything I gave you whether.
Speaker 1: Pete Carroll knew spread or not. Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: I think I think that the teams.
Speaker 2: I've always believed that the teams know what the point spread is. Did you see that interview with uh did you see that interview with coach Rabel this week? Well, I actually I had talked to the reporter from the Boston Globe this week about the Patriots being or the Bills being favored in Buffalo or Bill's being favored in New England.
Speaker 3: That's the excuse me and Vrabel. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that the reporter was referring to talking to me, but Rabel said or the reporters said something to Vrabel, Hey, coach, are you aware that the people in Las Vegas have you guys as an underdog?
Speaker 3: And Rabel just goes.
Speaker 2: What people and the guy the reporters like, well, you know, the the odds makers, the people that set the lines, and Rable's like, you know, it's only a couple of people, right, It's kind of Rabel is just like the classic guy you don't want to like mess with.
Speaker 1: Just the giant meathead. What do you expect.
Speaker 3: I just feel like he's the kind of guy. And I don't know this reporter. I talked to him. He seemed very nice, so I don't mean him personally.
Speaker 2: But I think a lot of these reporters are like probably guys that are like big nerds, and a guy like a guy like Mike Rabel probably stuffed them in lockers when they were growing up. And it's just a very funny interaction.
Speaker 3: My point is yes, I think that Mike Rabel and Pete Carroll and all the coaches know the lines.
Speaker 1: Yes, probably, But but my point is is that the so reality is there's five seconds left. You don't play to lose, well, you play to win the game.
Speaker 2: So you're the kick was the kick on the last play of the game.
Speaker 1: So so what really happened was the kind of weird flag, right, was the play to keep the play to keep the to stop the clock, and there's five seconds left, you have to keep the field goal. I'm not happy at the end result, but I think absolutely Pete Carroll has to try to score points there is still time left on the clock. I mean, I know you guys are happy that he elected to do so, but I do think that that's the right move. Even though I had money on the other side.
Speaker 2: I'll put the game over the total and most of our action was on the moneyline, parlays and teasers.
Speaker 1: Really wasn't but it didn't really matter.
Speaker 2: It wasn't good for us. I can't like, here's something that I feel like you're.
Speaker 1: I thought when you said, hey, raiders are my biggest need, YadA YadA YadA, you would be over the moon. Today over the moon.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think one thing that your followers, your fan you know, your fan base, the Kelly fans and the people in the gambling Twitter space, most of.
Speaker 3: Whom are idiots. They they got to understand that.
Speaker 2: Like if I say that the Westgate needs this side, and then the kid over at MGM is quoted as saying they need this side, nobody don't get that.
Speaker 3: They don't want that.
Speaker 2: You guy, sports books, there's two different sports books.
Speaker 1: And X in Costa Rica needs why and the one in Canada needs this, and then one over in Europe needs that.
Speaker 3: Like, well we had ah. I saw that.
Speaker 2: I think MGM had taken a lot of money on Virginia, so they needed Duke.
Speaker 3: We needed Virginia.
Speaker 2: Because my brain trust here told me Duke was mathematically eliminated from the conference a couple of weeks ago, so we needed Virginia. That doesn't mean that I'm lying or that the kid at MGM is lying. How do people not understand.
Speaker 1: That I don't. I don't know. I needed Duke, so I was happy.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I was at I was at the UFC, so I didn't I went to UFC three twenty three on Saturday night, so I didn't see. I watched the Georgia game, but I didn't see the Big Ten game.
Speaker 3: I didn't see the ACC game.
Speaker 2: But my guys tell me, well, I mean, they also told me Duke was mathematically eliminated. But my guys tell me that the Indiana quarterback locked up the Heisman on Saturday.
Speaker 3: How is that when they won thirteen to ten.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He was minus five thousand on one of my sites. Okay, I think it was on Friday night, and then he was only minus nineteen hundred on Monday morning. I thought that was weird.
Speaker 2: Oh he didn't be minus no, Well, hold on, he wasn't minus five thousand before the game.
Speaker 3: That's not true. He just said Friday night.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure the last I looked was Friday.
Speaker 3: Night before the game. Before the Big Ten title game, he was minus five thousands.
Speaker 1: Because Julian Sane wasn't gonna win it anyway. No matter what he did in the Big Ten title game, he wasn't gonna win it anyway.
Speaker 3: What about the Vanderbilt kid.
Speaker 1: He wasn't playing in any title game. He wasn't getting in the college football playoff. That kid is no stop stop stop it stop it all right.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you're right about Mendoza.
Speaker 2: We we we had kind of an up and down weekend. You know, we actually did really well on Friday night. We we did really well Friday night. If if UNLV had beat by U b Yu, if UNLV had beat Boise State, I mean we would have had a massive Friday because we won every other games.
Speaker 3: We did well. The sun Sunday was Saturday.
Speaker 2: Was no good because of Georgia, because of Duke, But Sunday was the same. Sunday is like Groundhog Day around here. It's the same exact thing. They come in. We do very well in the morning. We post all the morning games. There's usually three afternoon games. They all suck. It's all a fine. I didn't watch one play of any of the three games, but I know that the Packers went covered and they went over. I know that the Rams covered and they went over, and the Raiders went over.
Speaker 1: So the afternoon the Raiders won is whatever.
Speaker 3: We blew everything back.
Speaker 2: But then Sunday night Texans beat the Chiefs very good. And then on Monday night Rafts San Diego or whatever beat Philadelphia. That was really good for us, So we did very good. It's the same It's the same story every week in the NFL morning we do well, afternoon we blow it, and then hopefully we we do okay in the primetime games.
Speaker 3: This week we did. We did very well on the Monday night Sunny.
Speaker 1: Why don't you tell me about Thursday night football so that our social team can clip it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I looked up when I came into it. Who's playing? This is a this is a game Atlanta and Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean we all kind of thought Tampa Bay was pretty good about five weeks ago. Sure we uh we sat right here. Oh, don't act like we didn't talk about Tampa Bay being like a fairly decent team, and then they lost to the Patriots and it's just been downhill since that's true.
Speaker 2: We could do I mean, we could use the Falcons for a peanut. I mean, if they could win the game, that'd be nice.
Speaker 3: But we don't.
Speaker 2: Nobody gives a shit about this game. Come on, come on, Kelly.
Speaker 1: Aren't you guys like booking it at like, well, we got five.
Speaker 3: We got bucks minus five and a half minus one oh five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so they might give a shit.
Speaker 2: Who could possibly watch this. Actually, I found out that one of the kids that works here.
Speaker 3: Is going to this game. He's a lifelong Buccaneers fan.
Speaker 1: He's here, by the way. Brought was at the game Sunday with Grandma, the Saints game and it was raining and horrible weather, and then tonight it's gonna be like forty degrees. I'm not I'm a fairweather fan. I'm not going any of those games.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw our our buddy Sam Panionovich, he's at sp shoot on X he he asked, like, what would they have to if you got a free ticket to the Bears game?
Speaker 3: Would you go? It's like negative thirty degree windshield there on Sunday.
Speaker 1: The coldest I've ever been to in my life was at Soldier Field, freezing. I get hurt to walk back to the hotel after the game, and I was like in like orange hunting gear. They played the Cowboys. My beer was like freezing to the inside of the cup as they were pouring it, and I was like, fuck this shit, I'm going to club level and I ditch everybody else with my friends in club level. It was I was miserable.
Speaker 3: Not everybody has the option to just go to club level.
Speaker 1: Well, well, you got to know people that are in club loble. That's how you go to club level. And also if you just act like you've been there before, they let you do things. I don't understand why people can't do this. I'll know Aeriel panicking at Morgan Wallen and I'm like, be quiet ready for this. We're going to walk up to the front and you were going to follow me, and no one help us.
Speaker 3: Kelly.
Speaker 2: It's really simple if you act like you've been there and you know what you're doing and look like you and Ariel. That doesn't work for everybody, it works for a lot of people. You think a group of four guys could just walk in.
Speaker 1: Me and my buddy Joe went to the Sweet sixteen in Ohio. I think we were in Cleveland for Notre Dame and he goes, let's go up to the club level and I was like, oh, you you got like club level passing. He's like, no, we's a walk in the elevator, smile to the nice elevator, lady, get off, and next thing you know where in club level. And I was like, see, this is the same thing we did at the Bears game. You just gotta fit in a little bit and pretendly I did.
Speaker 3: That, you know what.
Speaker 2: I did that at a UFC event in Salt Lake City a few summers ago.
Speaker 3: You just have to keep.
Speaker 1: You just keep the worst thing that's gonna happen, Oh you can't be here, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'd ask you to leave that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's a funny thing that happens here in the Sports Book, Like people will sit down in these tables that has a sign right on it that says call for reservations, and the security or one of the servers, you know, Hannah Maria, they'll go over to them and be like, yeah, sir, you know you can't sit there.
Speaker 3: It's reserved.
Speaker 2: And they're just like, fuck you. It's like what Like it's a table, it does reserve about it. You know you're not supposed to be there. People are crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My buddy, my buddy Jason sent me a video. He's playing Cowboy Christmas in the Convention Center. He sent me a video of the Sports Book this morning and goes, now, I know why you love it here, And I was like, this is my home away from home.
Speaker 3: I'll be there in March, Yes you will. We have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mom, did my mom booked her flight. She's here the thirteenth through the twenty third.
Speaker 1: I can't hear you said, I will not be there for ten days.
Speaker 3: Well, she's she wants to be with Mario. You know, he's such a cute.
Speaker 1: And you're working like seventy hours a week so she can hang out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I be. I will be watching college basketball. I will enjoy that.
Speaker 2: I think hopefully one day college football learns from college basketball.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't, but oh boy, I was hoping we could skip this.
Speaker 3: Oh no. I was talking to my brother about this.
Speaker 2: He said, the reason why these coaches have to leave is because it's all based on the class schedule for the semester ends.
Speaker 3: So they've got to they've got to be enrolling their new players.
Speaker 1: For the next time, like first week in January.
Speaker 3: So that's why you end up with a game.
Speaker 2: All Miss versus Twulane with two Lane Duck coaches.
Speaker 1: No to Lane's coach is coaching in the college football.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I'm sure he's very focused.
Speaker 1: Somebody said that about Colin Kline, you know, come in too, k State, about how focused is A and M gonna be? And I was like, well, I wanted to bet against them, and I also want to bet against Miami, and of course the committee had to put them together. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody, you know what, somebody made a good point, because I know I think it was by U's Twitter account or somebody made a good point about it, because obviously we decided this isn't about having the best teams. It's about having the teams that deserved it the most, because that's how Kelly generation is.
Speaker 3: So you have to accept that.
Speaker 2: It's not about trying to determine who the best team in college football is. It's about making everybody's feelings feel good.
Speaker 3: That's what we did, right.
Speaker 2: So BYU went eleven and one in the Big Twelve, Miami went ten and two in the ACC. Who's a better conference, Big twelve or ACC?
Speaker 1: Well, we already know. But here's the problem. Answer the question, and we already know it's the Big Twelve. I've been streaming that since the slash contract back in July when you guys to the ACC.
Speaker 2: Well, but now we've actually watched it and we know for sure the Big Twelve is better.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, here's the problem.
Speaker 3: The problem.
Speaker 1: B YU looked so bad in the Big Twelve championship game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard that too. Then why then why didn't Alabama get I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna get to that in a second. Oh yeah, is that they got penalized for that because they played in the Big Twelve. The argument, and I've been telling you this since the dawn of time, the argument is, oh, BIMA plays in the SEC, and you sit there and you pander to their bullshit as well. You said there is dollar ratings was well, yeah, you put nineteens in the top twenty four season and only four of them in up there at the end of the season. Were they really top twenty five teams?
Speaker 2: To begin with, b YU had a better record than Miami, They played in a tougher conference than Miami.
Speaker 3: Their loss was at Texas Tech.
Speaker 2: Miami lost to sm U and Louisville, and Miami jumped them the last week of the year.
Speaker 3: Explain that to somebody.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't explain it. BYU has money and they're gonna start to spend money. They're gonna have to become a bigger brand. That's the only way. It's because Miami is a bigger brand money wise.
Speaker 3: They've got to fix the college football playoff.
Speaker 1: They're not going to look who runs it, Look who's all the money.
Speaker 2: Two years in a row, the committee has done that both times. Their bracket has been an abomination, and we're stuck now with TWU Lane Ole miss is the game on set. If I was TNT, I'd be like, are you fucking serious? That's the game we get? And then after that game is over, the primetime game, Oregon is a three touchdown plus favorite against another team whose coach is leaving to go to another job. It is ridiculous. It is ridiculous. It's an abomination.
Speaker 1: What do you say, Well, you pandered to these assholes all season long, James Madison the SEC and listen, this is how they wrote it in that they were gonna let too at large.
Speaker 3: In Miami didn't even qualify for the ACC Championship.
Speaker 1: I said that they shouldn't be in. I said that Alabama shouldn't be in. I said that it should be b y U and if the problem. But the problem is is if you look at just the eye test, notre game, all they had to do is win one of those games, either A and M or Miami, just one of them, and they would have been in.
Speaker 3: You look at the I test, Notre Dame is one of the three best teams in the country.
Speaker 1: But you don't understand. I don't understand a power ratings perspective. But when you are a committee, I guarantee these people do not look at power ratings unless they're written by the mickey.
Speaker 2: I want to know what they are looking at. If BYU doesn't get you're looking.
Speaker 1: At Miami beat beat or Notre Dame lost to Miami and they.
Speaker 2: Forget about, don't forget about forget about Notre Dame. Miami over Notre Dame. There's an argument there. They have the same record and Miami beat them.
Speaker 3: I get that. Explain BYU losing to Miami.
Speaker 1: There isn't I said, why do you keep bringing up b YU if they if they lost A and m let's just call it a twenty four to twenty one final. I still think they would have got fucked and not got in.
Speaker 2: But I think that I think what we have to decide is because I think I agree with you. But here's the difference. BYU getting into the playoff, they were gonna do a thing. Notre Dame could have actually won the national championship. So are we are is our goal to say, here are the teams that deserve it, or here are the teams that can actually win what what I thought it was supposed to be this clearly it's not.
Speaker 1: Well, that's okay, bigger picture March madness. We know Cinderella teams are never gonna win it, like real Cinderella teams.
Speaker 3: Right, what about NC State nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 1: They're in a part, They're in a Power five program. I'm talking real Cinderellas. Okay, a merrymount of wherever. Like little tiny schools are never going to win it, but we let them in and they do generate every once in a while Florida Gulf Coast, right, they get they they catch fire, and they made March fun. The problem is is that's why they want like jmus in two Lanes of the world in The problem is.
Speaker 3: Football, football and basketball are different sports.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I'm getting ready to say. It is a completely different element. Right, Virginia losing as a one seed for the first time ever, those things only happen once in a blue moon. These Game of five schools we're going to see an upset is not going to be this year. It might not be next year, we may see one. We do see it happen. We do see Northern Illinois of the world beat Notre Dames. It does happen. I just think that they try to make this comparison to say, oh, look it happens in basketball, when the sports are completely different.
Speaker 2: And then also I'll just keep complaining because I think they did such a bad job. We get Alabama Oklahoma, a game we've already seen two lane, Ole Miss, a game we've already seen. Ole Miss is gonna beat TWU Lane. And then we get ole Miss Georgia, a game we've already seen. What are they doing?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm happy for my Georgia future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, Georgia's well positioned.
Speaker 2: They are They're gonna end up playing Ohio State in the semi final, and obviously when we get that late in the tournament, I mean, that's going to be a great game, there's no doubt.
Speaker 3: But the first round is terrible.
Speaker 2: They did a horrible job, and they basically said, b Yu, you're being punished because you lost to Texas Tech twice and Miami and Alabama's.
Speaker 1: Not being punished because they beat Georgia in the regular season at one time, I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree with you about Alabama because at some point it's got to count how you looked.
Speaker 3: Alabama had negative three rushing yards in that game on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Well, and again remember from going back to Notre Dame. Here's the problem. SEC always wants to say, it's not so how you start, it's how you finish. Right. They don't want to penalize Alabama for that atrocious Florida State loss. Yet here we are penalizing Notre Dame for that. Miami and Texas A and m lost both very close losses at the beginning of the season, and they did outrace everybody that wasn't anybody.
Speaker 3: You know what, here's why I think Notre Dame should be in. I'm not even sure.
Speaker 2: We have twelve teams in college football that are playing well, that are healthy, that have a coach who's not leaving, and a coach who's not currently behind bars.
Speaker 3: You know, twelve of those.
Speaker 1: Are Michigan's not in. Okay, Michigan, but Michigan would have been.
Speaker 3: But Michigan would have been in if they beat Ohio State. Yes they would have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, very serious turn of events. What are your thoughts on that whole thing.
Speaker 3: What are my thoughts?
Speaker 2: I can't I would get in too much trouble. I can't say what I think.
Speaker 1: Why it's insane. This is like like we have sex scandals, we have crazy scandals, but like I don't know. I did another show earlier and he asked me, and I said, okay. Like we've had plenty of coaches on air, talent, athletic directors whomever do really stupid ship like cheat on their spouses publicly, get caught, and they all generally get jobs again. Somewhere somebody forgets the players. NFL players get caught, things terrible atrocities have been committed, and these people still get jobs. Right, No, it's true. And I don't go to people's houses allegedly and threaten to kill them and then end up in jail. Like, how do you take a bad situation like you got caught cheating on your wife, three kids at home? You look like a jackass. Probably the athletic director new too, which is why he just got fired. You gotta got it. Just be like, all right, he might not even got fired. He might have maybe not right, like not a good look. No, mic a staffer who's young and so fat.
Speaker 2: They were looking to fire and because of his record. Okay, I think, but I agree with you. I think he would have been able to get another job if it hadn't been for what he did afterwards.
Speaker 1: Like as somebody who's super emotional, crazy, I get like fiery as well. How does that compile that quickly into like this is not good? He got caught cheating on his wife to the next headline, to the next and I'm like, what the fuck's going on in ann Arbor?
Speaker 2: Wasn't one of the most one of the most interesting things to me about it was obviously there are people that were making cryptic tweets about this several weeks ago, so of course people knew this was coming. Somebody did. He reacted, the coach as if he didn't know. Why else would he blow up like that and go to somebody's house. He didn't know this was going to happen to him. That's the one thing I can't figure out.
Speaker 3: But I've seen.
Speaker 1: People wonder like men specifically in positions of power, they sometimes think they're untouchable. Maybe he was like, it's not gonna come out, It's not gonna come out.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I'm just a cynical Well, I am a cynical asshole. But if Michigan had finished the year twelve and oho and won the Big Ten championship game, he would have been untouchable. They wouldn't be firing him right now.
Speaker 3: I believe that. I believe that, So I don't know. Okay, that's what.
Speaker 1: I think I got. I can't disagree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a crazy it's a crazy, crazy story. Be interesting to see who Michigan goes after. Well, but this is the problem again with colleagues, going back to what we talked about at the beginning of this college one needs to fix their schedule. Regardless of what you think of who they let into the tournament. I think they did a horrible job. I think they did a horrible job with the matchups.
Speaker 3: I think it's awful. But everyone can agree on this.
Speaker 2: They've got to fix their schedule, thing, schedule format, whatever you want to call it. All these coaches potentially leaving during the playoff, before the playoff, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Well, not only that, Like, here's the thing, I put out a tweet about the bowl season and everybody's panicking and I'm like, I didn't say I like this, but this is the evolutionary process of the sport. It is unfortunate. Now it's college football playoffs or bust. Do I think it was soft that Notre Dame opted out. While they're gonna have a bunch of kids transferred, they're going to be pissed off. I've heard Marcus Freeman to the New York Jets or Giants, I mean, which is a crazy theory in itself.
Speaker 2: I thought, I thought Notre Dame overre I thought, I don't say overreacted, but they probably should have taken a breath and thought about it. Like, I definitely think that they're correct to be upset, but they did lose two games, and they did refuse.
Speaker 3: To join a conference. Yeah you gotta have it. You got a team, you got a team meeting. I really you guys. But the seniors should be the ones deciding if they're going to play in a bowl.
Speaker 1: They should, and that's fine. But here's where I realized, do you know who sponsors the Pop Tart Bowl? You know what channel it's going to be on. Fifty million dollars is what they expected revenue loss, not to Notre Dame, to ESPN, so they gave them the double middle finger, realizing that their brand, recognition, marketing, everything is going to be a bigger fu back than them playing in the game. Well, once I realized that, I was like, Okay, I kind of get it.
Speaker 2: I don't blame them, but you know, I think I think we just in. I think we let in too many teams that have no chance of winning.
Speaker 1: No, I get that, but okay, for example, in k State, Iowa State, right, both got fined by the Big Twelve for opting out of their bowl games. But here we have our new head coach is the offensive coordinator for a team in the College Football Playoff. He's got to try to retain some of the roster that he wants to retain. He's got to retain some of the coaches that are now realizing, Hey, I'm jobless. Do I go out and apply? Do I start calling they're looking for jobs? You're you're basically going to play these bowl games because of the transfer portal and coaching changes with a skeleton type crew, whether it's with players or other things. I think it's the right move and it's not the player's fault. I don't think they're soft I think it's just the new reality. So not only do they need to move dates for when coaches need to come in and bring in their players for a spring ball, they need to move the transfer portal. You should not be able to transfer before your bowl game if you want. If you want to keep the bowl games alive, you've got to make these changes. You want to keep the coaching staff intact, You've got to make these changes. I mean, I every time I look on k State's social calling clients in Manhattan, I'm thinking it, shouldn't he be in college station, shouldn't even getting ready to coach the College of Well playoff? And then I see that the DC is going to Kentucky. And then I see, oh kse State took their tight ends coach. Oh shit, this guy's going here. Oh wait, Case State, It's defensive coordinator that I thought we were going to retain is now at Baylor. Like it is chaos.
Speaker 2: And that that's why even more I feel even more strongly schools like Notre Dame and BYU that are healthy, that have their coaching staff intact, that are they should be the ones playing in this tournament absolutely, instead of all these teams that have all these parts moving, and.
Speaker 1: Three teams are crazy to do out their head coaches full attention one for sure, And then I mean Texas A and M is Texas A and m is getting picked over from the coaching staff perspective. I don't know what's going on down there, but either people aren't happy or they become so relevant again that these guys are getting exorbitant job offers, and Mike Elco is gonna have to find replacements. If care is really Michigan.
Speaker 3: Can we agree that.
Speaker 2: By doing a collegeurble playoff, a twelve team playoff, we destroyed the ball season. The ball season's done forever, so we might as well go all the way and have a real playoff where it's not just about teams at least sixteen, probably more, and it's not.
Speaker 1: Just I think it's got to be thirty two.
Speaker 2: I think it's not just about Oh, we've got to let them in because they it's the nice thing to who gives a fuck about that? Let the best teams in and play the games. You've ruined the ball season, So let the real teams get in and play each other. What they're doing right now is just ridiculous. It's so stupid there.
Speaker 3: I don't I can't even like report on sharp Bowl game action.
Speaker 1: How I got here for you. It's too late though. Sorry, I shouldn't text you. Cet bets and I took Clemson before the Penn State opt out start coming, and they're coming already.
Speaker 3: I look forward to that game. Should be exhilarating. I will say.
Speaker 2: I will say that we did seem it's kind of funny by the way that Clemson and Penn State are playing in.
Speaker 3: A bowl game.
Speaker 2: If that had if that had been announced in August, we would have thought it was like a quarterfinal, you know, but you.
Speaker 1: Guys would have I didn't. I didn't say. I said neither one of those tam is gonna make the playoffs. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Well, the betting market had Penn State being very good.
Speaker 1: They also had Texas winning the national championship, and I catched my under and no playoff.
Speaker 3: That a bet.
Speaker 2: I will give you guys this. They played so Oklahoma. That's the game that Friday night. It's Oklahoma plus one against Alabama. Haven't really seen a lot on the Saturday game games. It's just not there's just very little interest. I mean, I'm sure that'll change next weekend. But you know I've said this for years, these these games with these huge point spreads, that's not good for business.
Speaker 1: Well what about these like little mint bowl games that are coming up right Like you got Delaware first year in the FBS. They're going to a bowl game. How exciting? I mean, it's not. No one's going to watch, no one cares, nobody cares, it sucks, nobody cares. I try to explain that to Marco when we're doing bet on It this week. He's like, wait, we need to be talking about the college football Plaoff. I was like, no one's even paying attention, no one's even betting it yet.
Speaker 2: Though right now, I mean, let's be honest about what the college football Playoff is. It's like a dei thing to make everybody's feelings feel good. When they get to the quarterfinals and the semifinals, then we can have the real games and then it'll be great and it'll be great for business. It will to Ohio State, Georgia. You're gonna have a quarterfinal Oregon, Texas Tech. That's a great game. Once we get through this ridiculous first round of nonsense, it's gonna be really good. It's gonna be really good for business. But why do we even have to sit through the first round of nonsense? Why not just make the whole thing good? That's what I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: NFL Week fifteen, they played the Raiders plus twelve and a half. Are the Eagles gonna do anything at quarterback? I does nobody else? Nobody else sees this but me? I guess uh?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: John Hoagland, our producer, was hammered on the way home from the casino in Detroit in April, and he was telling our other producer, who's an Eagles fan, that Caleb Williams is better than Jalen Hurts. And I am now beginning to think maybe he wasn't that drunk.
Speaker 3: I love John Hoagland, our producer. He's a fine young man.
Speaker 1: They played He's like really quiet till you give him alcohol. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Coach Vrabel won't like it. But they did play Buffalo pick them.
Speaker 1: I also like Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Buffalo is now minus one here.
Speaker 1: I think what I think one though, So it doesn't matter that the line moved right.
Speaker 2: No, there's no such thing as an NFL game ending on one. That's impossible. I think people don't really understand. A lot of people have asked, why is Buffalo favored? Well, first of all, I don't consider minus one favored. I don't consider that favored.
Speaker 1: That's just like because the best team that the Patriots have beaten is named the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who were seven and six.
Speaker 3: They won at Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, well besides that at Buffalo back in October. I think that the Jets, the Saints, I mean, come on, Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Has been been very good for a long time. They've been in big games for many years, big playoff games for many years, big primetime games for many years. The betting public just trusts Buffalo more they trust Alan Moore. I would say that New England is better than Buffalo everywhere except for quarterback. I'd rather have New England's coaching staff. I think New England's better than them everywhere on the field. But I think Allen's the best player in the league. Could he just go full you know, Allen mode?
Speaker 3: Maybe? But they did bet Buffalo minus one.
Speaker 2: They bet Carolina minus two and a half at New Orleans, and then they bet the Rams.
Speaker 3: I thought that was kind of interesting. They bet the Rams minus five and five and a half, and now the Rams are a six point favorite against a pretty good Detroit team that has three extra days off after being Dallas last Thursday.
Speaker 1: So the Rams team that I saw in Carolina not the Rams team I saw in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Don't you think that Philip Rivers is really cool? You know, he's like, he's got like.
Speaker 1: A I cannot until you just said that, I didn't even look at the game. I'm gonna add the river's off his couch.
Speaker 2: He's living on a farm in like probably Alabama, I would assume, because I think that's where he's from.
Speaker 3: And he's raising his son is like a.
Speaker 2: Stud high school quarterback, and he's got like thirty kids, so he's raising like a whole he's raising like a whole generation of quarterbacks. And then meanwhile it's like, hey, you know what, Philip, do you want to just come blake quarterback on Sunday?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What the hell? I don't know what's gonna happen at Seattle. That's not exactly an easy place to go play. But yeah, I mean that line's moved.
Speaker 2: Up from ten and a half to thirteen and a half. If you want to call that sharp.
Speaker 1: Actually, fourteen, for a second I saw on the Odds logic screen and I thought not for half a second, okay, at fourteen. At fourteen, I can know by fourteen was gone.
Speaker 3: He's forty four years old.
Speaker 2: No, he hasn't played a game in five The last time he was playing. The last time he played in the people were wearing little pieces of cloth over their face and pretending it made a difference in the postgame press conferences. That's how long it's been. That's how long it's been since this guy played quarterback. I mean, it's it's but I just think Philip Rivers.
Speaker 3: Is really cool.
Speaker 2: And they did I will say they did. They did hit us on the Vikings. I thought that made some sense. The Vikings that, for some reason is the Sunday night game when there's actually some pretty good games this week. But they took Vikings plus six and a half. We're down to five and a half. Haven't seen anything on the Monday night game yet. I'll give bullpicks as we get closer to the games. It's hard to do it out in advance. Didn't see anything on the side in Army Navy. Did see money on the under, but they bet the under every year, and I haven't seen anything in the bowl game Saturday night. So the Bowl games are always tricky for us guys. It's hard to give out those plays. It's hard to give a play on what's today, December eleventh for a game it's going to be played on December thirty first, and the line's gonna move by ten points because no one's playing or coaching in the game.
Speaker 3: It's tough, but we'll do it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get out ahead of the information because I will agree. I think Bowl season is the one time where information is far better than the best of the number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you can, if you can get that information that all these players are opting out, coach is opting out, coach has recently been arrested, coach has recently been arrested and is currently incarcerated.
Speaker 3: If you can, if you can get that information, you're good. You're good.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's all I got. We got two questions from the mailbag. I'm gonna move to next week because we forgot to tweet out the question tweet and so we only got two. But I'm gonna move them because we're way past on time because we've been bullshitting for far too long.
Speaker 3: I thought that was I thought that was the point of the show.
Speaker 1: That is about committees and their nonsense. John Murray, you're the best. I'll see you. Last call Sunday morning with AERFC.
Speaker 2: Got about that, okay, rested, last lots and lot