Speaker 1: It's night Time with Dan ray On de Fleas Boston New Video.
Speaker 2: Well, I have not checked in the last hour or so, but I believe that the election results have been pretty clear to most people. I think everyone, including Vice President Harris and President Biden, have acknowledged that President former President Trump is now the president elect. He will be the forty seventh president, inaugurated on January twentieth, twenty twenty five, becoming only the second president to serve a second non consecutive term, the first being Grover Cleveland back in the late nineteenth century. The resurrection of Donald Trump rising from a phoenix was an extraordinary, a feat I had acknowledged and I will continue to acknowledge that I did not think that Donald Trump could win a national election. And I know that there are many of you out there who are Trump loyal Trump supporters who will never forgive me for doubting that. But I have an obligation to tell you what I believe. And I also am a big enough person to admit that I underestimated him, as did the Democratic Party. The Democrats, I believe, felt that Joe Biden was a weakened president and that by forcing Joe Biden out of the nomination, which he had won with fourteen million votes. They persuaded him to resign. I'm sure there was tremendous pressure on Biden after Biden said only God money came down and told me to resign. When I resigned, and obviously a more powerful figure came down, a former House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, who told him to resign, and I think Chuck Schumer added to it, as did George Clooney and probably Barack Obama. So President Biden, who will not go down in history as one of our great presidents, stepped aside. And the Democrats thought they had had a great convention, it was full of joy and happiness and spirit in Chicago, and that they had dodged the bullet of losing to Donald Trump because Vice President Harris would be a much more formidable foe. Well, it didn't work out that way. Now the Democrats, and I've talked to some are really thinking, have we put ourselves into a box. There's been a lot of criticism of the Democratic Party. I've watched CNN this week and I've watched people like Van Jones and a variety of the Democratic pundits just talk about problems. Now, some of them talk about it in terms of, well, these are the horrific suburban white women who did not turn out in force. They they blame everybody but themselves. Well, one Democrat who was kind of looked in the mirror, I think. Uh And and the image that that Seth Moulten was looking at is not necessarily himself, but he was looking at the image of the Democratic Party. He was quoted in the New York Times yesterday saying that let me, let me quote this accurately. Uh he he was very concerned about issues. Uh and he pointed out uh he he basically said that he was blaming his party for being out of touch with the American people. Uh And he cited some transgender issues. And this was Moulton's quote. Quote well, out of the Times. Let me give it to you in complete context, he said. Bernie Sanders was quoted. Then it said Representative Seth Moulton of Massachusetts, who was one of the two dozen Democrats who sought the party's presidential nomination in twenty twenty, suggested the party should shift his approach on transgender issues. According to Moulton, quote, Democrats spend way too much time trying not to offend anyone, rather than being brutally honest about the challenges many Americans face. Unquote, mister Moulton said, he continues, I have two little girls. I don't want them getting run over on a playing field by a male or formerly male athlete. But as a Democrat, I'm supposed to be afraid to say that now. Immediately, there were comments made by other Democrats, including Promila Jaiapaul, one of the members of the squad. She's the chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. Of course, she said democrat should not give in too prejudice and misinformation. Notice she labels immediately what Seth Moulten said as prejudice and misinformation. She compared the fight for transgender rights to the struggle of a gay marriage, in which public opinions shifted quickly. Quote. We need to create space for people's fears and let them get to know people unquote, said missus Giapaul, who described herself as the proud mom of a daughter who happens to be transd again, she has every right to be an advocate for her daughter and for members of the trans community, and there should be no one who discriminates against members of the trans community. However, the point that Molten raised was a political point, and that is, has the Democratic Party put themselves in a position where they have to be so right, so perfectly politically correct? Now as a concert quins of all of that, we reached out to Congressman Moulton this afternoon and I did not speak with him, but I spoke with his press person and she told me that he was not available, that they were getting a lot of blowback from the party from certain segments of the party. However, I think that the questions that he was raising goes far beyond transgender issues. Okay, his own chief of staff, whose name is Matt Chiliac, has, according to The Boston Globe tonight, resigned as chief of staff of Seth Moulton. Congressman Moulton. The Boston Herald late tonight reached out to Moulton's office for comments and they said, we're not commenting on personnel matters office policy. Chiliac on election night posted on social media, quote, millions of Americans today showed that they hate immigrants and transgender people more than they fear fascism. Unquote, mister Chiliac that is walking past the graveyard. Okay. It is also an absolute misrepresentation of people who voted for Donald Trump. The Democrats have, in my opinion, focused on issues which are not of great importance to the people who elected Donald Trump. All the exit polls show just as James Carville once said, it's the economy, stupid, It's the economy. And I'm addressing this to mister chiliac, stupid, it's the economy. People in different parts of the country who have different points of view don't hate people, Okay, because you saw that Donald Trump had increased the vote that he received from Hispanics, from Blacks, from minorities across the board. I mean, how Donald Trump does it. He is able to reach people. He's able to reach people, and Seth Moulten basically was telling what I think is a hard truth. He's not the only Democrat that I have talked to who have expressed that truth. So the question I want to hear from you, that I want to ask you is your reaction to what Malton has to say. I don't want to talk about what you feel about transgenders. That's not the point. The point is Moulton has basically said we as a party have lost our way. That's what he's really saying, that we have no longer focusing on the issues that are most important to the American voters. And that is proven by what happened on Tuesday. They lost four Senate seats, so they went from being a holding the Senate by two votes fifty one to forty nine to now losing the Senate fifty three to forty seven by six votes. I believe that the many of these House races that are now still up in the air are in Arizona and California. They're not all that close, and they're not like you know races that are hanging by two or three votes. They are they just only have fifty percent of the vote, sixty percent of the vote. Now, I don't know those districts to know how representative that vote that is accounted is, or if they're waiting for a community of great strength for one candidate or the other. But I predict that at the end of the day, the Republicans not only will occupy the White House and also control the Senate, but they'll also hold on to their lead in the House. And so as has often happened with losing parties, political parties. Someone has to say, it's Seth Molten Senate and there's a whole bunch of issues. There's a whole bunch of issues that the Democrats have jumped on to uh symbolic issues, which are you know, politically correct, you know, cutting police bail funds for people who have been arrested for burning down police stations. That's not what the average American is interested in. And as they say, I'm not here to discuss transgender rights, I will tell you that Seth Molten raised the issue of he does not want his daughters playing on a on a high school field. Look, when kids are small, when they're young, I should say, when they're when they're little, Uh, they have coit's soccer, because no one's going to get hurt. Five year old kindergarten and first grade kids play soccer together, the boys and girls. No big deal. Okay, But when all of a sudden you have a daughter on a high school soccer team or on a high school swim team. Uh, and all of a sudden, uh, a transgender female because they don't want to be accused of being you know, inappropriate now is going to be on that team, and that transgender female is you know, six ' three and has a much larger body mass. There could be some injuries, and that's what Malton is saying. He personalized it in terms of his two daughters. He may not have picked the right issue. Maybe he did, but there's a whole bunch of issues where the Democrats have been pushed so far to the left by the progressors that it cost them the reelection of Donald Trump, and it probably cost them the Senate. I mean Bob Casey, three term senator in Pennsylvania, Democrat, his father was a senator before him. That seat now has been won by a businessman Republican named Dave McCormick by a very thin margin. West Virginia they were going to lose that seat anyway. That's become a Republican state. That was the canary in the coal mine. Pardon the metaphor, but it's really it really is the canary the coal mine. In Ohio, Sharon Brown is lof lo. John Tester has lost in Montana. And that's what that is what Seth Molten and I say hats off to Seth Moulten because the Democratic Party has to get their act back together. Here's the numbers. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Those lines are full. Six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Both of those lines six one, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty are open. We're only going to talk about this until eleven o'clock, So please, UH, if you really want to express your opinion, take advantage of those two open lines and let's light them up and we'll get it going right after this break on Nightside. Coming back right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nice Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, Seth Molten, in comments to The Boston Herald late today, Uh said this quote, I stand firmly in my belief for the need for competitive women's sports to put limits on the participation of those with the unfair physical advantages that come with being born male. I'm also a strong supporter of the civil rights of all Americans, including transgender rights. I will fight, as I always have, for the rights and safety of all citizens. These two ideas are not mutually exclusive, and we can even disagree on them. Yet there are many who, shouting from the extreme left corners of social media, believe I have failed the unspoken Democratic Party purity test. We did not lose the twenty twenty four election because of any trans person or issue. We lost in part because we shame and belittle too many opinions held by too many voters, and that needs to stop. Let's have these debates now, determine a new strategy for our party since our existing one failed, and then unite to oppose the Trump agenda or ever it imperil's American values. And I would tend to agree very much with Seth Moulton, meaning that I have friends who happen to be trans. I suspect that those folks may have disagreements on whether or not trands should be able to compete in athletic events against a female female student athletes, whether it's lacrosse or or soccer, which are quasi contact sports. That's not they're not football, but they can be as tough as football. And I I think Moulton has has hit something here. So let's see what people think. Yes, Noah, indifferent, Let's go to Ileen in wal team. I lean going to start us off here. You have a first stack at this.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Good evening, Dan, how are you tonight? I agree? I think we've lost our. Carmon says, I agree totally with Seth Moulton, and my reason is there's a very different It's very different from accepting and promoting something. Okay, I work in an industry that an event at street decorated into so so I have plenty of everybody. My crew is international, gay, straight, whatever. I accept them all. But that doesn't mean I'm going to promote a transgender lifestyle or a gay lifestyle. I accept that.
Speaker 4: I don't think any everybody else.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anyone asking you to do that, and I don't think Seth Molten is.
Speaker 3: I think that's what the problem is. They're promoting these lifestyles rather than just accepting them.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they're going beyond that. I think what Molten is saying is that the Democrats not only are are are supporting whatever however you want to say, promoting, but then they're turning around and saying, well, someone like you, you have to be transphobic or you have to be misogynistic. I was listening to all these these commentators on CNN this week that the black men who voted and didn't vote for Vice President Harris, they're racist. What I mean, it's like my head was spinning. Yes, and it's always you talk about the ultimate virtue signaling.
Speaker 5: It's it's like, look, you know you vote for If you can tell me not to both for Harris, guess what I'm gonna do. Yeah, I mean she had all these If you tell me to keep vote for Harris, I'm going to vote who it was against her?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, they have these entertainers who I have no idea even who these people are. Megan the Stallion, I've seen her like on Saturday Night Live. I don't know what. Bruce Springsteen, He's a great singer, okay, but I'm not going to be influenced by Bruce Springsteen. Beyonce? Why should I be influenced by Beyonce? But I thought they thought they were dummies.
Speaker 3: No, they thought they thought there.
Speaker 2: Were people who were dummies out there who would say, oh my god, Bruce Springsteen supports that I have to support or if or if Taylor Swift. I can enjoy Taylor Swift's music, but I don't have to like oh if Taylor Swift said this and the.
Speaker 3: Democrats lifestyle, I can listen to her music and not like her.
Speaker 2: Well, I have no idea what her lifestyle is. So I don't know, but you to do it.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying you don't. You know, I'm just saying, but here's the here's the other thing. And this just sort of highlights it very simply. In two sixteen, my aunt, who at that point was in her eighties, Irish Catholic, Massachusetts Democratic, whole life, said to me, I can't vote for that woman. And you know why she couldn't vote for that woman because it would have put Bill Clinton back in the White House.
Speaker 6: That was a reason.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, there's a lot of reasons you had to vot. There's a lot of reasons not to have voted for Hillary Clinton. But I understand, I understand the point you're making.
Speaker 3: To me, Kamala Harris was Hillary Clinton right down to the pants suit only with bigger teeth and a smaller Braain.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that. I mean, I'm not into that.
Speaker 3: You don't agree with me, I'm just saying that was my price.
Speaker 2: I look, I think they're both very smart women. I disagree with them on a lot of issues. They're obviously dedicated to a philosophy of political philosophy that basically, the government knows best and the government will take care of us, and just fall in line with what the government says. And that that that notion was out of style in twenty sixteen, and it was very out of style in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: And here's the other thing in terms of women not voting for Kamala. One was the sports issue, transgender women in sports, girls' sports. But the other thing you had Bill Clinton out the campaigning for this is a woman who's supposed to be pro women. I mean, he was harassed.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know.
Speaker 3: And then on the.
Speaker 2: Other side, at this point, is is a historical figure. He's not. I don't think he's influencing too many people. I lean, I got to run. I thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I have a good night news.
Speaker 2: I have a great one. I got Anthony and Woolster, I got Mark, I got Tom and I got Patrick, and I got room for you. The only line that's open right now, save your fingers, dial six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. That is we'll get you in. We're going to change topics at eleven o'clock, going to go the twentieth hour of the week. Give you a chance to talk about someone who you would like to highlight the service that they provided to this country as a member of the military. It's Veteran's Day on Monday. That'll give us an opportunity to, I think, acknowledge the sacrifice that a lot of people have made on behalf of all of us, so that we can do exactly what we're doing tonight, argue about issues. Back on Night's side right.
Speaker 1: After this, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the phone. It's gonna go to Anthony and Worcester. Anthony, you are next to a KNIGHTSI go Redhead Anthony.
Speaker 7: Hi, Dan, and thank you, and I'll be as brief as I can.
Speaker 6: You go to wat to.
Speaker 7: I don't disagree with what the Congresson said. I just think the timing of it is a little questionable. And I was a Democrat my whole life. I got out of the party five six years ago because of some of the things that the party was in, the direction it was going, and the principle of what the Congresson said I agree with, and I think his majority of his district would agree with. What I have a problem with, Dan, is the timing of it. You know, the you know, the idea that you know, he's coming up and saying this now after he could look at the results of the election. He saw and he was one that promoted the democracy was on the ballot. Democracy wasn't on the ballot, Dan, the economy was on the ballot. The safety of our country was on the ballots. And so I just think it's a little hypocritical for the congressman to come out after he's seen the results, not just across the country, but in particular Massachusetts, Dan, I mean, there is major strides made on the Republican side. And I'm an independent now, so I can say that.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: You Okay, First of all, I assume, by the way, I know Seth Malted pretty well, and I think he's a straight shooter. He's a guy who I think is a really honorable individual. You know, served in the military, went to Harvard, was our otc at Harvard, did time in the military in the war zones. And so he's more than paid his dues. Maybe all along he has harbored apprehensions and construmans. I don't know that I can go back and find an article where Seth Molten a month ago or six months ago said yeah, I believe that transgender athletes should compete in women's high school or college sports. That would be hypocritical. Maybe he never I suspect he's never addressed that specifically, and that he now is saying to himself, Hey, this is an albatross where on my party's neck at this point. Witness the results on Tuesday. It may be highly acceptable in Massachusetts, and it may hurt him politically in Massachusetts, but I think he's looking at the larger picture of what's the future of the Democratic Party. That's my take on it. I could be dead wrong, and if you can say to me, hey, Dan, six months ago there was a piece in the Boston Globe and he was all in on you know, transgender athletes participating in high school athletics.
Speaker 7: Yeah, then I don't. I'm not saying I have specific facts.
Speaker 2: But maybe someone else does. Someone else does it with support what you're saying.
Speaker 7: It's it's just, you know, as we're using analogy in sports, the Monday Morning quarterback. He's been in office for quite a while, and I have no I've only met the man once in my life at a convention in Worcester, but I would just say that the timing of this of him saying this, I think it doesn't pass the small test, but I'll let you go to.
Speaker 2: The Thanks Anthony, I appreciate you call. Have a great weekend and joy veterans say weekend, Thanks Anthony. Let me go next, Mark and Alston Market next on nightside.
Speaker 8: I got I. I think there's a lot of truth in what Congressman Malton has been saying. You know that I work at a supermarket and h we wind up spending a lot of our time returning items to the else because the customers are so hard pressed financially that they have to leave them at the cash register.
Speaker 2: Yep, I've done that myself. To be honest with you, there have been there's some items I think it was on sale and uh, you know, I I'm my pride does doesn't get in the way when I think I'm paying too much for an item. So believe me, I've done that myself, Mark.
Speaker 8: And I think that to regain traction, the National Democratic Party has to rededicate itself to what are known as kitchen chable issues like making college more affordable.
Speaker 2: I think I think those are the areas where the Democrats always do well.
Speaker 8: Couldn't agree with you more, but I I'd be the amount of fundraising appeals I get in my mailbox is just so over the top. I mean, it can be very difficult to communicate to the Democratic Party establishment that you don't have a lot of money to give. What you can give is some volunteer time.
Speaker 2: But well, that's a good point too, Mark, I mean, if they're re lying. Look, I believe that the Harris campaign spent one point two billion dollars. Some it just they had more money than Donald Trump. I mean, it wasn't money. It wasn't like Trump. The Republicans outspeed the Democrats. The point you're making is an excellent point, Mark. The Democrats had they were a wash in money. But what message did they use that money to deliver? That's the question that Moulton's raising. You've hit the nail right on the head. Mark. I got to keep running here because they got tack lines. Outstanding phone call tonight, Mark, I mean that you were right on the money tonight. Thank you so much, have a great night, good night. There we goes Okay, Tom, Hey, Tom, welcome back, Tom and the Philippines go right ahead, Tom.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know I used to be a staunch Democrat. I'm aware of being in a labor being in a labor union. I went to the convention in eighty eight as a delegate. First time I ever ran Ward ten mission. Hell, first time I ever ran for to be a delegate in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: So there was we're a delegate a delegate for Doucacas, I assume in eighty eight or was at the state.
Speaker 4: Convention convention field.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Rob, you fix Tom's line for me, Rob, okay, because just let him know that that was a horrible connection. Let me go to Patrick in the district of Columbia where all the action is Patrick, how are you tonight?
Speaker 4: Well, the action is there right. Well, we had this election, right, so it was safe for me to come out from underneath the bed.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna have that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And from what I experience in my in my world and how I do things, is are people who are working people, and they have businesses, and they work for companies, and they have goods and services that are produced and transferred, and there's all sorts of things that that different people do a lot of different things. They just can't afford to pay for what the Democrats want because it's not what they want, and they don't want to pay for something that they don't want, not just once, they don't want to do it twice. And I think that's how we came to Donald Trump. We paid for it. We're paying for it. Like in Massachusetts with the with the immigrants, right, you know you keep bringing them in here, you're helping the pay.
Speaker 2: Well, in Massachusetts we're now two billion dollars in the hole because of the migration. Now, I know a lot of people are going to say, well, that's because Governor Abbott has sent them out of Texas. Well, did you expect Texas was going to keep them there? By the way, I think that today I heard somewhere that Mayor Adams in New York has decided to stop giving migrants EBT cards.
Speaker 4: We can't afford it.
Speaker 2: No, I understand that thinking. But yeah, matter of fact, let me double check that before. Let me see. By the way, one of the things you're concerned about is civil defense, yes, and how we are falling behind here we should be. Is either party addressing those concerns that you have.
Speaker 4: No, it is a taboo term here in Washington, D C. And while I got my eye on the clock real quick, while you're looking at that. If you remember when Trump went to Capitol Hill to stop the the the border bill, let me just call it the border bill, right, Okay, went in there. You know, now I'm a bad build and then we're not going to do it. We're not going to do it. Okay. If that bill would have gone through the Department of Homeland Security would have benefited from that totally, would you agree there.
Speaker 2: And so forth?
Speaker 4: And therefore it would go directly to the Department of Big Titles and he'll get nothing but a bunch of big titles and you're not going to get anything done. The reason why we don't say civil defense is because civil defense is civilians and you don't get registered with the Department of Big Titles. You are a citizen doing your citizenship, Okay, and that's that's it. That's it in a nutshell.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, I've just checked out. Mayor Adams in New York has apparently ended the EBT cards or you know, food stamp programs for migrants. So that's an effort that on his part. He's saying, it's basically it's uh, it's it's it's killing New York City. So that's a big step. I mean, it's interesting because Donald Trump gets elected, he hasn't been sworn into office yet. Uh and already Mayor Adams has has has has has reversed himself. It was only a few months ago that Adams decided to make EBT cards available to migrants, and I think they would.
Speaker 4: Be given three reaching into our back pockets, they can't.
Speaker 2: Again, it's three hundred and fifty dollars a week. Now. I don't know if that was for a family of four. I'll have to do some work on this over the weekend. But and I think we do the same thing, by the way here in Massachusetts. That's a big part of it as well. So yeah, we're very generous people. We're very generous people. Patrick.
Speaker 4: Now we pay for once, we pay for once, but now you're making us pay for it twice, and you keep exasperating the problem. That's why we'd yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir Patrick has always I appreciated hearing from you. Have a great weekend. Okay, stay safe down in there in in DC.
Speaker 4: I will I'll keep my doors locked. Well.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing too is I think maybe maybe maybe this inauguration will will be less controversial, and the run up to the inauguration will be less controversial than it was four years ago, because.
Speaker 4: It has to, because he won the popular vote.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, and I you know again, I think that that number is still holding. I'll check that during the news as well. Patrick, Thank you, sir, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 2: Good night. Let me get one more in here if I can. Before we got to we have to take a break. All of a sudden, we lost Tom in the Philippines. If Tom wants to call back, we'll put him to the head of the line, Rob. If Tom's still listening, the lines that are opened six one, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty or six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty. Mike and Beverley, Mike next on nightside.
Speaker 10: Go right ahead, Hey, can you hand men?
Speaker 2: I can hear you find sir, Go right ahead. So, yeah, you're you're in congressman, You're in Molten's district, right if if I'm not mistaken, yes.
Speaker 11: Sir, I am, okay, I'll never even once.
Speaker 10: Okay, you never done in my area.
Speaker 11: But I know I heard about the thing today and heard the city Salem councilor says that, uh, I wanted he should fight, get fired and resign.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 10: Like the Democratic Party is out of their mind. Yeah, yes, he spoke out for the situation.
Speaker 12: But Kamala Harris from all of that situations when they years ago, before she even became a Joe Biden uh in California, you know, And that's.
Speaker 10: What having that situation. As far as the Erica Adams saying yes he did, he kept the money out. Todaymar Healley's not gonna win. Like, I don't understand the Democratic Party.
Speaker 11: They're out of their mind. And why are they like already on a ramp page to fight Trump on They lost their election over a final me uh, the border and crime. That's why they lost election.
Speaker 2: Now, I would agree with I would agree with you and that. I'm certainly we could find some polls which would support that. But that's a pretty good trifecta the economy, immigration, and crime. And I also think that that on some of the issues that the Democrats were talking about. Democracy, I don't think, according to the polls, did much for the Democrats. And I don't know that abortion paid off the political dividends that the Democrats had hoped for so.
Speaker 11: I know, because they were pushing that area. Dan, that's all I have to do. Because she said on that eleven o'clock shows it was there something that she could do differently, she says, no, she was done after that. What she said on that view show once she said that it was.
Speaker 6: A yeah, well I I.
Speaker 2: Think what she said was there's there's nothing that comes to mind, and that became sort of a metaphor for the campaign, which was which was tough. Mike. I hate to do this to you, but I gotta go. Well, I'm past my break. I took you because it once you have to wait through the commercials, but I got commercials coming up, and without commercials, you and I don't get a chance to talk on the radio, my friend, So thanks for the call. I think you made your points well and we will talk next week.
Speaker 11: Okay, try and get Momory Haley.
Speaker 10: I like to talk to her.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure she'd love to talk to you. Mike. Yeah, okay, you got it right night. Good night. You've got a couple of lines here, let's fill them up. We're gonna be done at eleven at eleven o'clock, As I told you, We're going to go to the twentieth hour and we will take a break from politics, and we will in the twentieth hour tonight ask you to remember a member of your family, a member of your community, member of your extended family who served in the military. And they do not have to have been you know, a war hero, or just anyone who served. I think it's Veterans Day and it is the day we honor veterans. On Monday. I will not be on the air until Monday night, so let's do that tonight. I think there couldn't be a more appropriate way to end the week, particularly a week in which we just held an election, an extraordinary moment in time every four years, it's all. It's amazing to me how well and how how how easily this election went. I was fearful that we were going to end up with a very close election and that we would have people on both sides angry. It seems to me like people on both sides are resigned to it. Certainly the Republicans are happy. I know the Democrats are frustrated. That's why we're talking about Seth Moulton's comments. If you'd like to chime in on whether you agree or disagree with Seth Moulton doesn't matter whether a Republican Democrat are independent. Got a couple of lines six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or six months seven nine three one ten thirty. Coming right back on Night's Side after this brief break.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Light Side Studios on w b Z, the news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Vinnie in Randall. Vinnie next on NIGHTSID.
Speaker 6: Go right ahead, h hi Yan, thanks for taking my call. It's my first time calling you.
Speaker 2: Give you a quick run of applause in my VIC studio audience here is always welcome very much.
Speaker 6: That's why I said it was first time, so I could hear the applause. I need something.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with that at this point? What you thought?
Speaker 6: I was thinking about, you know, Seth Moulden and the transgender stuff. And my thought is, you know, I don't know what we should do. I don't know how we should handle people with transgender But to me, what's missing is we're not talking to transgender people and asking like what.
Speaker 4: Do you need? You know, having men people women with male bodies playing against women doesn't sound fair to me, but to say, well, you can't do that, so therefore your only option is to be the other thing, when that's not what they are either. You know, a transgender woman is not a man, so to put them up against other men isn't fair either. What we need is to talk to the transgender people and say how can we help? What can we do? And that's and that carries over into everything in politics today, where we're so polarized. Everybody has absolute positions one side.
Speaker 6: Of the other. People don't want to talk. What we need is just the opposite. We need people who are going to be we have to be epathetic and compassionate to each other and say, you know, how do we help Texas?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you. Let me ask you this. Okay, so you you talk to Let us say whether it's the parents of a transgender child or a transgender child. Let's say who's fifteen or sixteen years old? And the transgender child says, okay, I was born male, but I consider myself female, and I'm pretty good at soccer, and I don't want to play on the boys team because I consider myself female and I want to be able to play high school soccer or college soccer on the girls team, and whether the sport is lacrosse or swimming or whatever. How conversely, on the other side of the room, you have a girl woman, a person's born born female and consumemself considers themselves a girl.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And there's only so many players that can make the team. There's only so many players that are gonna get a lot of playing time or whatever. So you have kind of what a law school professor of mine, Alfred Weisel, refers to as an irreconcilable conflict. It's not like you can you know, as they say, you know, King Solomon split the baby, and then the real mother says, no, don't split the baby. Now you know the real mother is what do you do? I mean if you say to the transgender, yeah, you could play, and then that impacts someone.
Speaker 6: Who's well yesing. But I think what you say is to the transgender, who is you know, a woman in a man's body. You have to say to them, you've got a male body, and it isn't fair to put you up against people who have female bodies. So what can we do instead? Now I don't know the answer, though. My suspicion is what we need is to consider respecting them and then maybe creating transgender leagues in high school so that people who are one that has.
Speaker 2: Been has been, that has been suggested as a matter of fact. Uh, the way that we could do that, okay?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: And I know, and you're a rational guy here, Vinie, And and I like your your your thoughts. There are some sports in some schools that do not have enough athletes. And I'll use an example of us. Let's say a couple of school systems that they want to have a hockey team. And in order to have a hockey team, you need let's say eighteen players because it's an exhausting, you know, sport, and you you only have eight or nine players at one school and eight or nine players at another. And what you do is you combine those schools and you have, you know, a hockey team of players from two schools. That way, eighteen kids are accommodated in the sport they want to play.
Speaker 6: Yes, So that's thinking outside the box. Yeah, that's what you do. Yeah, exactly, it sounds I mean, well, I went to high school where it was Coyo High School in Tonton. It's Coyo Cassidy. Now I guess, but it was Coil back in my day, and we were a small school. You know, we just barely got enough people to play, you know, in football or whatever. But we managed to get enough.
Speaker 2: But again, they say, particularly particularly on some if, for example, that you've got a few kids who want to play on a golf team, and you know enough kids for a real golf team, you combine a couple of schools exactly you have.
Speaker 6: Definitely, Vinny, I think it's a wonderful idea, too great.
Speaker 2: Well, it was your idea. I'm only tagging along with it. That's a great idea, Vinnie. Thank you very much. We'll talk much more about this, I'm sure in the weeks and months ahead. I suspect great.
Speaker 6: Thanks. Thanks such to night.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Thank you, Vinnie. Okay, we get back. It'll be the twentieth hour. And by the way, I do think that Republicans will hold the House. And my prediction on that I'm just doing some math here is I think they'll hold the House with about two hundred and twenty two or two hundred and twenty three seats to two hundred and twelve two hundred and thirteen for the Democrats. There will be not much of a change. The Republicans might pick up a couple of seats, but that's it. We come back honoring veterans. Anyone in your orbit, family member, relative, neighbor, community person, feel free to tell us the story of their service. That's what we're doing in the twentieth hour, right after the eleven o'clock news, to wrap the week here on Nightside