Speaker 1: If everyone's doing okay this morning, but if you're not and it's really bad, you should call the show and let us know. Not so we can not you know, not because we want to hear those stories. But if something's going down and I could save others, massle, that is our that's our wee bit of public service on this fine Friday morning, all right. Also coming up on the show, let's see, well, Pete Callander, he'll be uh, he'll be calling in from Charlotte. We'll see if that city's still there. See, I was just looking at I was just looking at a bunch of pictures this morning, and then I was reading the Mister Beast pledge. I don't I don't know that we've talked about the Mister Bee. We talk about Mister Beast from time to time. Obviously, I guess if you don't know, dude can probably hear us right now. But he's in Greenville, and uh, well he's outside of Greenville, but whatever, so you know you have that North Carolina connection there. I find I'm gonna date myself some of his videos if I'm not paying full attention. The jump cuts are too much. I know I'm old or whatever, but some of them are pretty interesting. I know I'm subscribed. I don't subscribe to any YouTube channels. But mostly what got me interested in really kind of following it more is watching these lunatics. Every time he'd go somewhere and be like, here's a bunch of houses. Oh he didn't you know, and then just people hate he's got white savior complex. Well, you people are absolute lunatics. And then obviously what I guess drew us here now started with the cast member who who decided he is no longer he he is she? And I remember people saying, you know what, this isn't gonna be good for your channel. You know you're you're a family channel, and some families don't want that. I don't know that that ever hurt his numbers. And frankly, i've seen videos subsequent videos where Chris or whatever, I don't even know what the damn name, this is how little I pay attention to what's actually going on where that particular cast member is there, and then they just do like there's so the jumps are so quick, they'll be on screen for like a half second, and then it's mister beast back yelling at me about how there's one hundred people in the in the blender or whatever. They got to find their way out or whatever it is, whatever it is, and then it just turned into an avalanche. Man. And I found myself earlier this week watching one of the that. You know, there's a thousand commentary channels on YouTube, and so you know everyone's probably got one or two that they'll occasionally watch, you know, Critical Drinkers one that we brought up here on the show, but that's more movie oriented. There's there is a younger guy who I think does really really really good research and I don't didn't seem to be very biased, and I will watch videos of his if it's on topics we're going to talk about, because it's like cliffs notes. Man. That's a creator named to Tozy. I don't know if you the younger dude. I think he's like America but grew up in Norway or something. I don't know, but but he he brings the receipts, so to speak, and a lot of times he talks about not the Kardashian crap, but actually some of the more important stories, so you know, stuff like that. And every single one of the channels was like doing one hour mister beasts takedown, and you had a couple of former employees running around out there, and it was getting real. It was getting real, and uh, mister donald said that mister beast, excuse me, what is his Jimmy Jimmy Donaldson, right, I think it's his actual name. Anyway, he was silent on all this for over the last week or so, and so people were just feasting and he came out with a statement, and it is it is. It's pretty apparent that he went and he got himself one of these big woke law firms or something. I don't know, all right, So here is how they're going to fix it, mister. And for those who go, why are you talking about this? This YouTube channel has an impact on the economics of North Carolina that is pretty sizable. So this is more than a couple of kids in their yard. There are a lot of people that are employed by this that are within the sound of my voice. There are a lot of people that, from an ancillary standpoint, make a lot of money off this guy and his channel. So I do consider it somewhat important. But you know, all of those who were mad at him over and then insert whatever little thing. It was. They started, you know, bringing out videos of him when he was seventeen, saying a lot of stuff you shouldn't have said, but he was seventeen. You know, take it for what it's worth. But I don't know. This is the thing that almost irritates me more because the crux of the videos and the the takedowns have centered around this cast member who decided that they were going to transition from man to woman. Also clearly, and I think it has admitted to some of this, I don't know if all of it clearly was being very inappropriate with children. If these if these messages are one hundred percent accurate, and I haven't seen pushback on the accuracy. I've seen a lot of silence, and that's you know, that's the problem. And when did they know? Should they have known? And what's the atmosphere around there? And then you watch some of the employees that don't work there anymore, so you are you got to always take that with a grain of salt. But they tell a lot of similar stories. Uh more to Donaldson being aloof I guess or and I think I know why. As I'm reading through this story, it sounds like he's trying to do literally everything at once, which is not a recipe for success. Because of the amount of money and the amount of money that churns over there and the in the size of these projects. It looks like they have now he is for the company decided to actually hire the people I just assumed that they had, so he doesn't have to deal with compliance stuff. He doesn't have to deal with regulatory stuff other than to make sure that advice is followed. Other allegations were contesting, which is funny because in radio this is a thing that we have conversations about and then on air, talent will ignore sometimes because you're you're talking, you're doing, you're doing you know, you're doing the thing on the air. A lot of times you're doing it just hey, somebody put in your ear, like we have these tickets to give away. Well, you know, as random as that sounds, where we were giving away tickets for the show at DPAK on Sunday, we did over the last few days for Great Gutfeld. The fact is it's very there's a there is a very thorough outline pattern how we have to do that right. Certain information we need the If you were one of the winners. You understand, because we have a promotions person who talks to you and and then explains to you if your prize is over a certain amount of money. We actually have tax stuff we got to do. Those those are not but like there's a lot that goes on there. And reading this article here, this letter that was sent to employees, it like where where are your where is the support staff that I guess most companies would have. I assume there's got to be enough profit there. So let's see here do do do? I just want to read two parts of it. As your leader, I take responsibility and I'm committed to continue to improve and of all my leadership style, I recognize that I also need to create a culture that makes our employees feel safe and allows them to do their best work. See, this isn't what I thought most of the stuff was about. I mean, other than obviously this allegation that, uh this this one cast member, I look to be having some very inappropriate conversations with children. Donaldson admitted previously using inappropriate language. Yeah he did. He was at seventeen or eighteen in that video. But he's not that old now, what is he? Twenty five? Still you know, seven high school me and twenty five year old me or two different people. So I hope that's the case. Let's see. The memo reveals Donaldson has also hired a law firm quinn I see, I called it. I called it, I called it. Here we go. The memo outlined a plan to hire a chief financial officer and general counsel. How does the biggest YouTube channel on the planet not have a lawyer retained or a lawyer on staff. I just assume there's you know, when you're shooting people out of a cannon and stuff. I just assume lawyers are all up in this. It would almost be more cost effective to have your own. Apparently he did, and the company will offer mandatory training for all employees on say on LGBT, you have missed the boat here the beef with other than him make saying words when he was seventeen that he says he now regrets. I didn't get the I didn't get to read that. There was you know, there was a lot of gay hatred over at mister Beast. I mean when when Tyson that's the transitioning CASPA. When when when that story came out, it seemed that everyone was very supportive. So I don't know that you need manual anddatory annual mandatory training, uh for diversity, equity and inclusion, But you need annual training for don't sleep with the kids. How about that? How about just once a year? Look, every year, Ross and I have to agree not to bribe customs of officials. I'm not making that up. Every year Ross and I have to take training reminding us not to bribe customs officials, one of my favorite activities in the world. But we have to do a little thing and go Nope, not going to bribe customs officials this year. Ross, How tempted are you to bribe customs officials every year?
Speaker 2: I want to go on a trip just so I can do the bribery.
Speaker 1: He just he just wants to. It's just Casablanca homage kind of thing right where he's in there and he too is surprised that there is a drinking in this establishment, and then boom, you slipped the guy to hat a you know, a hundro. Absolutely, but no part of our job requires us not to bribe customs officials. So unfortunately, while you get to go live the dream, we don't get to bribe any customs officials. It's part of the job. So if I have to be reminded every year not to bribe customs officials, then maybe maybe you could just remind others on your chair not to try to sleep with kids, which I know is incredibly obvious. But you know, coming in here with the DEI stuff to ignore the other stuff I think is just going to irritate more people. Anyway, damn it, I want to go bribe a customs official right now. See it's like when you're hungry and you but you're doing okay, and then somebody brings up food. Now you're extra hungry. This, oh man, that is not fair anyway. Six nineteen CaCO Day Radio program. Hang on, if you're a child, if you're a child of the eighties early nineties, basically the era that Ross and I came up in, that level of freedom will probably never be achieved by kids again, not in mass you know, in individuals your mileage may vary, but like you know, you you disappear at a dangerous place, and as long as you're home by dark, whatever you're doing all day, probably don't want to know about it. Just don't get arrested. My mom on the weekends before we could drive, would let us literally walk out of the house into bear infested woods, go camping for the week, never have to check in. She wanted U back Sunday by noon. That was the bar, right. With that being said. With that being said, there were times when Mom would get mama bear on stuff. So that's why I don't understand things like this. Raleigh emergency crews had to do a water rescue of three children in Marsh Creek yesterday. I don't need to remind you what the creeks look like right now. So the kids now, Mom says she thinks they're out riding bikes, and then they're like, let's get in the Murder Creek, which is the only way I can describe most of the creeks. I guess I don't know technically what Marsh Creek will excay, but they did have a little picture here and it looks like it's rather high. Yeah, yeah, getting into I guess maybe it was just beat into me that when there's an unusual level of runoff in a body of water, even when you're familiar with, don't get in it because all of its attributes have changed. But yet let's see, they're taking a bike ride through the forest. They got off the bikes, discovered the creek. What are they, Magellan where the creek was? Come on, it's their kids, That's why they're going down there. Two of the children crossed the creek safely, the others weren't able to start to slide into the water, you know. And then you have this stuff and what happens you got to call nine to one one and then the group of men and women who have to literally put their own lives in peril to make rescues in these instances. So just like Austin and I are not allowed to bribe told we're not allowed to bribe officials in custom situations. And mister b should probably have a you know, don't try to sleep with the child fans policy. I'm gonna have to state the obvious on this morning. I may not be watching it in real time for the most part, but I'm definitely following it. I don't think there's been that moment in this Olympics. And when I say that moment, I mean moments that like stick with you. Whether it's the Kerry Strug thing. Obviously, you know that that was a pretty that's a pretty high bar, pretty high from an iconic moment standpoint. Once you're on the weedies box, you know you've done it, or you know. The Dream Team wasn't a moment per se, but it was. It was a thing. It was, it was the only thing right. And remember the remember the impetus for why we have the why we had the Dream Team at all? Do you know why that that whole change finally came about? Do you guys remember what prompted the US and the handful of other countries to work so hard to argue that it's not fair that we have these amazing players and yes they did go pro, but what do you want them to do? Shouldn't the best of the best be there? And that argument due to this way that we held one. Do you know why that happened? Because the US men's basketball team lost to Russia and people went, ah, hell no, can't lose to Russia, right, and you know we're still, you know, coming out of the Cold War kind of stuff there, So that didn't sit right with people. So that's how we got the Dream Team. That being said, from there, it should be smooth sailing now, don't get me wrong, some countries are getting better, and there's a lot of players in the NBA who are actually from other countries. So then go back and play for their country. But you shouldn't have to beat Serbia in the last second. What are you doing? How is the US men's basketball team? They were done, they were cooked yesterday. It's it's only through a series of kind of I don't say lucky shots, because I'll give them, you know, skillless skill right, you still got to be able to get the job done. But you almost lost to Serbia.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but our take on this is the correct one, and I'm not seeing it really anywhere else because you see the story about how we won yesterday and you either. And they have to be all younger people who didn't experience the dream team or don't understand what this country is, because they're all like greatest sporting event I've ever seen, greatest game at the Olympics ever, all time classic. Our guys really turned it up and showed them who's You should never be in that position to lose to Serbia. That should never happen. You should be rolling over teams by thirty points a game, and you should be playing out every single game. You shouldn't be like you said earlier in the week, you shouldn't be holding back because you don't want them to look bad. That is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And the argument, by the way, and the argument people made is they're managing injuries or the potential for injuries and all that. If you're up twenty like they were against what was it Chad or no South Sudan, Right, that's who they almost lost to initially but did be by twenty something. If you're up twenty, I'll give a little bit of that. The only reason the US men are going to the gold medal game is because they were able to score six points in two seconds. Obviously, you know, start stop, start stop. But they won by four. They scored six points in two seconds, so they didn't need all of them, but they needed half of them.
Speaker 2: And you know, I understand that the world has gotten better at basketball. Cirmparent to the Night to Dream Team, Like I understand the world has come a long way and they're more focused than the game. Yes, yeah, so you know what that means. That means we should be even better as well. There's no excuse that I saw somebody be like, oh, it looks like Steve Kerr realized he could put his best players on the floor the entire game.
Speaker 1: You think that whole thing has been you know, I get I I don't pretend to know enough about basketball to really get into all of the selections that he's made. But it doesn't make any sense, like he'll he'll sit guys for instead of playing everybody and kind of rotating them in so everyone's fresh every game. He's got some dude who's just never played, and I don't understand, like a BIB who went off yesterday, he sat on the previous game and there's not an injury issue, so I don't understand what that dude's doing. Serbia is barely legal. This is, by the way, this is not me attacking sir. You know, I happen to have a friend who is from Kosovo. People i'll say Kosovo, but he's literally from Kosovo and that's how he says it, so I'll give him that. And you can't even count Kosovo or Kosovo as part of Serbia anymore because I don't know if you know, Oh, it's been nicy over there for years, but the country of Serbia as we know it, minus the Kosovan Enclave, which is its own thing, is eighteen years old, and for most of it they've been they've been trying to kill each other. But they got time to almost beat the men's basketball team. Kudos to them. I think they do have one NBA player who I'm not super familiar with, but obviously he was their leading scorer. So Serbia will face Germany and then we got to play France. You know, France has a couple of NBA players.
Speaker 2: It was funny. I saw somebody mention the comment. They were like, you know what happened was they were losing and somebody whispered in a Lebron's here, and they were like, do you want to go the rest of your life being known as Lebron's. He's like, you can't be Lebron's.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that would have been amazing. If there's a way that we could win and he's still Lebron, they should If if they win, they probably will win, right, because there's just no mathematical reason for them not.
Speaker 2: To, Right, it's just to be in that position. It's not the greatest game ever. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: You should be Inama playing for France. I think he's like they have a cut. He's like, he's like the you know, the the new hot thing. So like here you might you might be able to argue since half the guys against you play in the NBA, that it should be closed. But still, ah, Serbia eighteen years old? How many people they have in Serbia? Like ten? No, my phone thinks, might say, Serbia. I'm saying the S word for iPhones, you know, the one. It's getting real annoyed. Let's see here. Yeah, so reformulated in two thousand and six, so just what eighteen years? Yeah? Your total? All right, here's the thing. All right, here's how we know you shouldn't lose to this if the country's total gb gbt GDP is less than the amount of money that Elon Musk has. No, okay, no, you can't lose to less than must wallet. I better find the population here. That's right, we're learning about Serbia this morning. You didn't think you didn't think that was going to be part of your Friday, did you? It has six point six million people six point six North Carolina has what ten and a half million? So if you took less than if you had less than half the stay about half the state of North Carolina, of which to draw out of that population to field a team. They fielded a team that almost beat the NBA All Star team essentially, So, yeah, don't give me this. Oh we're just trying to play down to you know, I want to I don't want to embarrass people. Well, obviously you can't control it as easily as you thought. You're not the Harlem Globe trotters with your choreography, so you probably you just need don't pull this crap with France. If you lose to France, uh ross passport revocation or is that too much? I feel like we got it. I feel like we take there, but we don't let them in.
Speaker 2: I've said this before. I mean, you know, you lock them up into the stille.
Speaker 1: You guys want to be in the best. You know what would be more punishing just having to put them on like the west bank of this of the saying there and then just deal with the uh pickpockets and obnoxious people trying to sell you stuff. But like you're chained there so you can't move. That'd be fun, or we can rotate you from the mistill to there. Okay, all right, good, So don't lose this when is that game let's see, I mean the US against France for gold in a dream matchup from the host nation. This is aps thing that's Saturday, so on Saturday, so on Monday we may be talking about revoking passports or something I don't know, or you guys can win it. But yeah, if if you're too young and you're listening to this show, I'm I'm blown away. By the way when we look at numbers, how young our biggest swath of really young listeners we have, which is awesome, by the way, But if you never had the opportunity avail yourself of just go watch one of the ninety two team one of their games. They're they're they're on you. They're easy to find on YouTube, especially because people have been reposting them, so stumble across and just watch it. It's amazing. And they're not out there throwing elbows at guys or spitting on or being on sportsman like. They're just going out there and hustling. And Larry Bird's trash talking people. You know, it said that Larry Bird when he was trash talking, he had somebody who could interpret it and then would reyell it in the other language. Do you ever read that story, who we play? We're playing the French, all right, get Pierre over here. We'll sit them right behind the bench.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: And when they were up by thirty, you know, and Magic Bird and Jordan were up by thirty, were they like, wow, we're up by thirty. We should slow down because we don't want to embarrass and Gola or were they like, hey, we need to drop another thirty on top of them.
Speaker 1: Well, and the other thing is too They were competing with each other, right, you know, Larry Bird's out there, Jordan's out there, Johnson's out there, all those guys are out there. It's also competing against you each other. That was the filthiest era of pecking order, right, as evidenced by the big long Michael Jordan ESPN thing they did and the ESPN's thirty thirty with Bird and all of it, like the getting to each other and the era and the stuff that they used to say. I guess maybe you can't do some of it, but reminder, Larry Bird would go over to your bench, tell you where he was going to get inbounded the ball, what he was going to do with it, and then he would do it to you, that's babe Ruth point and stuff, and he'd do it and he'd catch all these dudes off guard. When he came in the league. You know, Larry didn't have the hype. Jordan had some of the hype, but even the bulls didn't like him his first season. And then you know he's king of shit Caigo for life. What an era there, And so as much as yeah, as much as New Guinea or what you know, whoever they're dominating, it sucks for them. These dudes are not even competing with them at that point. They're also competing with numbers for themselves. And one of them brought a translator to yell stuff to the other team. That's that's where the fun lies. So you know, do yourself a favor watch it. It's okay you can like today's players and also what was but you also need to ask yourself, why is this something that was achievable in the nineties with such ease? And now we almost lost to Serbia? All right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven forty Again I'm not picking on Serbia. Good on you, all right, You guys want to get do you want to get lectured by MSNBC or talk nicknames, which this is the nickname they want. You don't know what that is. I'll share it with you coming up next here on the CaCO Day radio program.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The the swimming events in the river that just continues to compound was to pay Frankly, I don't understand why they're still doing it there. I'm assuming that they have they had some sort of contingency plan to be able to hold the event. Ross would you could you look at a map and see if there's other bodies of water that the French have access to other than the one river that runs through Paris. Ro's gonna look that up. See there's any other bodies of water, maybe really big ones. I don't know, you know, So I put it into the AI machine in this Yes, oh it does okay, just like a little lake or something, the laker maybe I don't know, a place with German pill boxes like this event can be done in the ocean, and arguably I'd feel a lot more comfortable. So the one swimmer who got the ecolie, she's now in the hospital. It's like because it's advanced, I think the male swimmers not. And then you're ready for this. So yesterday I was looking at a video and they're swimming along like the cot you know, the wall of the river right through down right through the middle of Paris there, and that's kind of where they where they do it. And then all of a sudden you see them deviate from the course. And it's described here as quote unidentified floating brown objects that force the competitors to deviate from the straight line course they were on. And I'm reminded of that scene from Caddyshack. What are we doing here? Also? What is this? Who is one of our swimmers? Katie Grimes said, the first training session got canceled and then the second one, and then none of us wanted to practice to risk getting sick before the race, so none of none of them attempted to swim, which they can do, uh, you know, familiarize yourself a little bit with it. They chose not to because they're like, oh, hell no, I'm not getting in that anymore than I have to. But that they spend a billion and a half dollars to clean this thing up, and uh, they're they're they're dodging feces or you know, other things, or lost candy bars or whatever those are, and I think they have more. Here's one of the others. It's becomes really hard to race because you don't focus on the race. You're too concerned about water quality and foreign objects and focusing on not swallowing even a drop of water rather than you know, strategy within the race. I saw many of the brown things. I just hoped it wasn't what I thought it was. This is the Hungarian swimmer. And then she makes a joke about how she brought some Hungarian brandy in case she gets sick. So I might need a lot of Hungarian brandy, man, if you're gonna get me to swim in in that garbage right there? All right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven fourth, So what is the nickname? What is the nickname? We'll tell you about that here in just a moment, real quick, John, I got about a minute. Can you fit it in or should we put you on holtz Her?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think the president?
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead, real quick.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I heard this on I think with YouTube or Facebook the other day. It was one of the members of the Dream Team. He said that evidently whoever was the leading scorer on the game would have to hang around about an hour or so after the game for drug testing. So as a result, all these all stars would keep passing the ball back and forth until Carl Malone would put it in and he'd end up the stone lead.
Speaker 1: And then just to make him do the dry Yeah, these dudes are screwing with each other. I love it, man. What a great era, What an absence? Thanks for the call. What a great era. That's gross? Uh speaking like everything having to do with that is just cursed. You know, they almost decued one of our women's rowers, one of the rowers because she got stung by a bee. Apparently he get stung by a bee. They might disqualify you because some people are allergic to beastings or something. Which if that's the case, if you want to undermine whoever you know, like the Chinese team or whoever's got them, just all the bees, what are you doing? Just kick a hive in there or something? What a stupid rule. But she she did compete, I think she yeah, So, so basically I don't even know if it's stung or if it tried to sting, or what the deal was or they couldn't tell all right, So basically had to do with the position that they have to hold ahead of the race, and you can't, you know, you false start. Yeah you get you get one, but you don't get two kind of thing. And the so she got to be attacking her and then she thinks it's stung her and all this, so she's moving her kayak around and then they say that also they have concerns over whether the beasting could cause problems for a competitor. I'm like, I think they probably. I know that I'm not allergic to bees, but I know people who are, So I feel like we can overcome this. Dude, bee's chasing you. You're having this, You're having a paddle around feces. What an absolute night beer man. Right, let me get to some stuff that ain't Olympics. So here's what I'm trying to decide, because it's one of you know, it's like the old it's the old. Is the Republican president the way the media treats him, he's either for d chess, evil villain, right mastermind or a blithering idiot, And you can't have both. Yet they do constantly have both. Trump's too dumb to tie his shoes. He's getting ready to pull off the coup of the century. Right, It's like, well, which is it? Which is it? And this same goes this thing to open here there we go. The same goes for the way that the coverage is going for the for the hairs ticken. Is it fun, folksy nostalgia and quirkiness and you know, is it fun and high energy or is it a deeply serious moment in our nation's history? Because you know, we played you that little montage yesterday where they basically decided he's Santa Cla Malls is Santa. Like all of his attributes, he did have the turning your neighbor line, So I understand that portion of checking on your knotty and niceness. But then I flip over to MSNBC, and you know, rather than that same fun analysis, what do we get. We get talked about how racist everybody is. Check this out.
Speaker 5: Significance of this man is that he is an older white man in a moment in which the far right is trying to convince white people that the future is treacherous for them, trying to convince men that the future is treacherous for them. And here is an old.
Speaker 1: By the way, I would say, I think the I think the future is treacherous for men. I absolutely do. The question comes down to, do you think that what some consider treacherous is to come up and that they deserve That's the argument there, and I think most of the people would say, even if they agree with that to some extent, you've overplayed the hand when hiring managers won't even look at a white male resume. Right, that's not about equality now, that's about flipping the script there. So anyway, I'm sorry, it's so deeply important. I thought it was fun in for volity and reindeer and stuff continued to election me please, or a.
Speaker 5: White man, a coach, a soldier who is very hard to dismiss as some kind of effect coastal elite, who is telling older folks and white people you do not need to be afraid of the future. There is joy in the future. There is joy in having your boss be a black woman. There is joy in what is coming. And I think he is going to teach lots of people in addition to whatever role he plays an election and in the White House, he's going to teach lots of people through his role in the culture that they're going to be okay, and that there's joy on the far side of realizing a multiracial democracy in this country.
Speaker 1: I think Tim Walls in this role one they like him too. There was some argument that Shapiro would basically outshine Kamala, which you never want that, right, But like, Tim Walls strikes me as a dude who's five seconds away from one of those videos that you saw, like during the summer of mostly peaceful protests where white people were literally like kissing black people's boots, Like, how is there not a Tim Walls version of that? And that's the role that they want him to play. But also he's you know, he's the cuddly old grampa figure, he's the he's the uncle who wants you to play puzzles in the basement alone. He's he's all of these things. But you noticed that it was around how fun and quirky and what was the what was the folks? Folks? He was the where they kept using for him. And only now are you've seeing some semblance of the importance of this from a racial standpoint, but from Tim Walls's angle, right, which is weird because if if you want to bring the the the history and and the race and gender component for that matter into it. If Kamala Harris wins, she'll be the first female president and she'll be the first you know, either Indian or black president based on which side of the family you want to highlight and that stuff that the media loves. So why aren't you approaching it from that angle? And you know, Tim Walls is doing the heavy lifting on the on the on the racial component here, and that's just really weird to me. And it's because it's presented as though he's the leader of the struggle. Sessions man. Look see he's he's cow tewing, He's he's and and by the way, it's not about necessarily your boss quote being a black woman. It's about your your boss being competent, your boss being competent and having the ability to, i don't know, not make you look had for even wanting to work there, which is kind of a thing that happens in government because they're insane. And you know, very early on in the Biden administration, it was her name, Simone Sanders, who ironically works for one of these networks now gimmere of it, CNN or MSNBC. She was Bertie Sanders campaign person, and then when Kamala came in, she was among the first batch that went to work for Kamala and worked there for like a few months and left. And the stories are out there. You got to dig for them on Google. It's really weird where they were talking about what a nightmare she is to work for. It's like the Amy Klobashar stuff, right, the Minnesota senator who was like with the comb, eating the salad and then throwing stuff at people like you hear these stories the Naomi Campbell throwing cell phone kind of stuff. You know, the little gossip people with politicians, and it's like they were telling all those stories about working in Harris's office, so you can make it just about those attributes. Oh, they don't want to work for a black woman. I want. I don't want to work for somebody who's an idiot or mean, or he doesn't like me or is doesn't get the show. That's a big thing. We you know, we we've had a lot of bosses over the years. Uh, you know, Ross and I really the staple. I think Ross and Ross and then I are the oldest. We're the longest employees in the building. So we've had a crap ton of managers over the years to go through. There's nothing worse than if somebody doesn't get what you're trying to do. Those are the things that normal people look for. But you want to drill it down to this one thing. See, look here's Tim Wallas. He'll take orders from a black woman. Well, they're trying to make it like you. They're trying to recreate the vibes of Obama two thousand and eight. So far they've kind of been successful, but like obviously it hasn't listen. I don't I don't despise Kamala Harris because of her race. I despise because she's a Marxist as well as Walls, and Marxism is not congruent with the United States Constitution, right, And it's not gonna one It's not gonna be one man's socialism is another man's neighbor leader.
Speaker 2: It's a quote straight from him, And it's a matter of it doesn't matter what your race is. Once their policies are put into place, everyone is going to suffer no matter your race. It doesn't matter, right, And I don't want to see people suffering like that.
Speaker 1: And Ross does also doesn't have to dub her audio in for four years.
Speaker 2: And yeah, if she wins, I quit. I can't. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: He got broken.
Speaker 2: I'm not strong enough to record her shrieking, cackling voice for four years. I can't do it. So you're all unnotice. Wow, look at that.
Speaker 1: There's an Actually, that's a that's an extra that's an extra incentive there for both of those who like Ross and those who don't like Ross. Right, so you gotta look at that. You're a single issue voter, and but you haven't figured out what the issue is there. It might be and again you go either way. Just remember this is this is Santa. Okay, this is Santa's doing right here.
Speaker 6: Little You have the Department of Public Stay at Home hotline. The information you leave is considered public information at the tone. Please leave the following information, your name, your callback number, how the stay at home order is being violated, and where the stay at home order was violated. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's old school. We just talked about Serbia. This is Serbia twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: It is, but their campaign they're campaigning on vibes and feelings and it was a Colin Cowherd at her the other day was talking about how he prefers Kamala Harris at the moment because when he watches her rallies, everybody's laughing, smiling, and they seem like they're having a good time, and that's the vibe he likes compared to the other side. And what you got to realize is I saw a study a while back where they're talking.
Speaker 1: About me the Stallion concert.
Speaker 2: Hey, I know I get it too, but I'm just saying, this is how people are feeling, and we agree with you. Look at two thousand and eight, it had nothing to do about his policies, right, had nothing to do about Joe the Plumber, even though all the information was out there and spreading the money around, the spreading the wealth around. All those stuff was out there and people were trying to ring the bell and nobody cared because the vibe was this is young, energetic and positive. It was the way people we were feeling about it at the time. And like I said, I was looking at his study and they were talking about a vast majority of female voters vote on emotion and feeling.
Speaker 1: No, just the way it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you can point out all these things and the COVID tipline and stuff. But if people are watching the rallies, even if their AI produced or whatever. You saw those theories going around yesterday, Yeah right, and a lot of it looks like it actually holds some water. It doesn't matter the people that.
Speaker 1: Look similar in several areas of the same stuff.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are going to vote on feeling and how they feel. And if they watch them out here and she's laughing and they're having a good time and it looks like she's smiling all the time because she's a damn idiot. She has no idea what she's talking about, and there's nothing upstairs, but hey, she makes me feel good. And people might vote for that next skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they and so they'll see it as less conflict. And frankly, as much as it sounds like mirror Obama's kind of mirroring Biden, right, because you're saying, look, all this stuff stresses you out, Just vote for this lady. You won't have to hear from exactly. You'll feel it. You'll feel it when you go and the eggs are eight dollars again or you know whatever. And frankly, her laugh should not be a positive but I don't know. Maybe some people are maybe that's a they pulled deaf people or something, but yeah, yeah, they're gonna go with that. So I think it is incredibly trump incredibly smart. Excuse me what Trump did yesterday on this debate back and forth and we'll get into get into that because in a normal world, the balls should be in her court and the media expectation should be for her to either accept his proposal in one of the ways or explain why. That's how a normal world should probably not how the session the news cycle is going to go today, but we'll lay it out for you. We'll do it next here on the Casey O Day Radio program. This is this story out of Columbia. I'm gonna share with you in the moment. Let me grab a call.
Speaker 7: Okay, I have several comments.
Speaker 1: All right, come, what do we do?
Speaker 7: Comala? I cannot tolerate anybody I can't see. Okay, that's too much for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like Janet, you can't, you can't. I did, you can't? You got okay? Yeah? Yeah, yeah. If we're going to get CC fine, I want to do it. Okay, we don't need your help on that. So but yeah, it's very passionate. So anyway, University of Columbia, Columbia University, make this transition. Three Columbia University deans have resigned. And I don't know how many deans they have at a place like Columbia, probably like a thousand. I don't know a lot of deans these days, but three is not an insignificant number. Three Columbia University deans have resigned because they were sending they were used. They were using anti Semitic tropes, is the nice way they say it. They were literally posting and exchanging Hitler memes and you know, Holocaust chokes and stuff like that publicly or in text. So it was in text, the group text. So there's a is a public no. But if there's you know, forty people on it and you feel comfortable enough to share something like that, I don't understand how you're a dean at a universe. Yes, maybe I do understand how you're a dean at a university. Like you're an adult who's supposed to be really smart, right, Aki, Yeah, and you'll show everybody, look at my wall, look at all the stuff on my ross. He'll send me a little flavor of some of like the pro Kamalat stuff that gets passed around, and it's just they have they believe that they're gonna get Texas. Huh. Every year I got to hear how Texas is gonna turn blue and then it never turns black.
Speaker 2: That's what they're saying, because I listen, yesterday Texas announced that RFK Junior will be on their ballot. Yes, and so what they're saying is they being the left. Is Joe Biden lost Texas by only five point five percent, so if they could skim, you know, if I if RFK Junior could get you know, five point a little north of that, maybe yeah you won't, but Kamala Harrison win Texas and it would go blue. And plus the pointing out Joe Rogan just endorsed RFK Juniors, so maybe that'll have some sort of impact.
Speaker 1: Well I'm sorry, who, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry the conspiracy theory podcaster Joe Rogan's known it yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like the this is like the Walls thing. You told me to get my blood boiling yesterday, people said.
Speaker 2: Going around yeah, yea, yeah, So there was this graph going around when they first announced Walls as VP, and people are like you know this guy like you who has experienced and you've interviewed him before, whatever you've been in Minneapolis, You've seen what he's done. You know how he governs, right, especially when it comes to the COVID tip line, and.
Speaker 1: Well he was I never lived there when he was governor, but I know what's up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the graph they were showing was it was sort of a reflection of so on the left side of the graph, there were little blue dots how moderate he is, right, and the blue dots represented blue bills and individual people who you know who who are worse of those bills. And you get on the right there's little red dots and they all injure, you know, they represent people on the right side, representatives that are conservative and their bills, and right dab in the middle was Tim Walls, and they were like, well, look see that's where he tends to vote. In the middle of all these bills is where he falls. That's his ideology. He is a moderate. And then you look down on the dates and it was like twenty fourteen to twenty eighteen, like I would like to see twenty twenty and above because people.
Speaker 1: Changed COVID in there. Yeah, yeah, with one and one hundred and ten executive orders just for the COVID and the you know, the the snitch on your your neighbor line, and then another forty concerning the burning down of the largest city in the state. Did you see the They also the Harris campaign put out a single clipped line of Donald Trump where he said something nice about Walls. But the it emulates from a piece of of phone call between Trump and Walls where Trump called to tell Walls he's an idiot because you won't do National Guard or anything. The city's getting burned down. And at the end of the call, Walls acquiesced and did a very small amount of National Guard before he sent in a much larger amount. But and in that call, Trump is congratulating himself for telling Walls he's dumb if he doesn't listen to him, and then congratulating Walls for listening to him. It's the ultimate Trump thing, because Trump likes Trump, and you know, so that's what that was. And then the Camp the Hairs campaign just you know, like, look, here's Trump endorsing Walls. Excuse me, I can't call him that. I have to call him. Hold on, I want to make sure, I thought, well, I know for a fact some people are using this hashtag as an insult, but now I see they want to It's now a good thing. Okay. And Hillary Clinton and others are openly promoting tamp on Tim she I mean, I know she knows why they call him tamp on Tim, but the spin on it's amazing. It's like, yeah, tamp on Tim, I'm not kidding. You go look up this tweet yesterday, Hillary Clinton and others are promoting it as a positive nickname, which I can't fat. Tampon Tim should be the nickname for that weird kid in school who at the you know, at the Kagar at the corn in the Cornfield your junior year, somebody put a tamp on in his beer and he almost drank in And ever since then they called him tamp on Tim and he's probably gonna need counseling one day. That's how you get tamp on Tim. Here. It's like, oh, he provided free menstrual products to students across Minnesota's public schools. Did he So they're just in a basket out in the common area. No, No, he went through and he forced schools to put these dispensers in all the male restrooms. That's why people were calling him. But if you want to adopt it and use it, I don't think people are going to argue, why would you embrace that? You know what Ross was just thinking, it's he's not a candidate alone, He's part of a team. We probably need sensitive feminine product nicknames for everybody. Hair remover, Harris. I'm trying to think of any other woman product, Oh, her husband's easy, doug doug you douche? Dougie Fresh? Are you douche? If we're embracing these or you could just not. And if you are going to talk about it, why don't you talk about what actually was going on there? Because at the same time, when they were putting product dispensers in bathrooms, which I think there's there's a swath of people that have concern over some of the bigger stuff that probably are fine with that. But at the same time, his legislation also was demanding stiff penalties for anyone who violated personal choice of restrooms, people who even complained about it. He established Minnesota via executive order as a child's puberty blocker, cross sex hormones trand under surgeries place you know, location safe zone, and also signed a bill to allow the state to seize custody of your child if you refuse to provide gender affirming care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the graph here shows him right in the middle. Look at that, right in the middle of.
Speaker 1: The left on Tim Boom right. Well, you know what that's where is a where we tamp on Tim? Where else would he be but right in the middle. So I see what they're trying to do here. So politics is so dub Oh that's all like a good nick day. Let's go with that, all right, miss Clinton, if you insist. By the way, I've noticed that she and others just keep turning their comment down when they post. They just don't even turn their comments on. Just don't even turn them on. All right now, speaking of debates, speaking of uh oh, you call her. You don't have to call it hair, remove her hair as you can call her near us dude, I'm on fire anyway, Speaking of the debates, I think Trump did something very smart at his press conference yesterday, all right, because up to this point there has been this narrative that he's hiding from Commlin. It's like he didn't agree to debates with Herry. You agreed to debates with Joe Biden, right, And I promise some of the parameters that were in the Joe Biden thing, because obviously you saw clearly weird it was during the first one where Biden melted down. That's not the kind of debate, like you know, having an audience there is normal. So uh and and the line was he he had thrown Fox News out, but she says he's running from her, and I think he did something very smart at his press. It's very important to have debates.
Speaker 8: And we've agreed with Fox on a date of September fourth. We've agreed with NBC fairly full agreement, subject to them on September tenth, and we've agreed with ABC on September twenty fifth. The other side has to agree to the terms. They may or may not agree. I don't know if they're going to agree. They she hasn't done an interview. She can't do an interview. She's barely competent and she can't do an interview. But I look forward to the debates because I think we have to set the record straight.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and I do. I think that's the right move. And obviously they've answered. But that's the right move because at that point, if it's not just Fox and it's two of the quote unquote mainstream networks, then the ball was entirely in her court, right or she can explain to NBC and CBS or ABC secutor over the other one was in a Fox explain why those are unacceptable venues. But it looks like we're gonna do this thing, madam. Vice President Donald Trump agreed to three debates. Will you be participating in all three?
Speaker 6: I'm always been on record.
Speaker 1: I am looking for something. We have a date of September tenth. I hear he is finally committed to it. I'm looking forward about the other teams, all right, And and yeah, I don't know that they're gonna they're gonna do all three of these, but September tenth, So that apparently is the one that they've agreed upon. That, so that would be what NBC the NBC, right, Oh, son of a Ross. I just realized something, dude, do you know what September tenth is?
Speaker 2: It's four days before my birthday?
Speaker 1: Well, happy birthday? You know it would be a great way to celebrate your birthday. Is that we're gonna have We're gonna be having a listener event on the tenth in Greensboro. I don't know if full details are out right now. You want to you want to come to a listener meet and greet on debate night.
Speaker 2: You know, I just can. I got to be here to run stuff in the morning, so right, I got to do the show in the morning. Yep. And you'll be there and I'll be here.
Speaker 1: So and so you're gonna and you're gonna pull your one week birthday privilege too. I suppose you're entitled to that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I get that part of my tenure.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, we discussed this when you put a writer in. And you want the sword of the Witcher, so yeah, very mature stuff. And quote the not the sword that's not imbued with I.
Speaker 2: Went the human sword. I want the monster sword d the silver one.
Speaker 1: He's very specific in his rider all right, seven forty five ken boon from the Weather Channel. He doesn't care what M and m's just put him in the bowl. Color be damned. How you doing this morning, sir. I'm doing well.
Speaker 9: I'm doing well. We continue to watch the showers and thunderstorms move across the region here. As we head through the morning into early afternoon, getting into the afternoon hours, I think we'll start to see a little bit of sunshine mixed in with the cloud cover. We'll keep a slight chance for showers and storms in through the afternoon in the evening hours. I think most of the rain that we'll see today will fall between about now and maybe one o'clock this afternoon. Temperature today midle upper eighties, mid seventies tonight. Then as we get into the weekend, sunshine settling in for tomorrow, temperatures closing in on ninety of the afternoon. Slight chance for a late day shower storm Sunday, otherwise mostly sunny skies. Temperatures Sunday afternoon middle to upper eighties.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir, we'll talk in an hour. Appreciate it. All right, there you go, Ken Moon from the Weather Channel. All right, seven forty six. We've got Pete Kelener right around the corner and chatted with him for a couple of weeks. I'm sure he's got some thoughts on a few things. And you want to talk about saying the quiet part out loud. I know that that's a little hack now further evidence that everyone everyone knows that Josh Shapiro was not picked because he's Jewish. It's now official, and now you have reporters screaming at the pro hamas idiots for not quote keeping up their end of the deal. What I'll share it with you next on. It was not closed, but it is preseason, so take it for what it's worth. That's not the story though. So the Panthers plane, I guess they charter through Delta, so they're they're chartered plane had a little trouble landing in Charlotte this morning. Delta Airlines flight carrying the Carolina Panthers, who had departed Providence, Rhode Island very early this morning, attempting to touch down in Charlotte, exited the taxiway. Let's see here, So I guess they drove off the taxiway into the end of the dirt and stuff. So it wasn't on landing, thankfully, but that you know, it's a little bit of a problem. So you know, that's a little weird ross. So there are Delta flight for the Panthers players flies to Charlotte. From Charlotte to Rhode Island, right, it's where they land there and no problems and then now all of a sudden, our planes all jacked up. Would you I think Patriots fans probably did something to it. You know, they're like, oh, gas station in the gas you know, sugar in the gas tank. I don't know what's go jack with their planes. I'm gonna blame them, even though I have no evidence. Uh, none of the one hundred and eighty eight aboard were injured in the potentially disastrous incident. However, they did have to deplane based on the safety protocols, so because you're done taxing at that point, So they got them all off of there. UMM, a couple things and it's a a whole flight attendant crew team that coming from Tampa was reading this this morning, got the crap kicked out of them trying to land in Charlotte. So yeah, he gets you know, you get to storm all around. Everything's all whacked out in the air. But it doesn't say why they drove off the end of that. But I don't know that's the kind of Again, if you're somebody who's paranoid, you're like, that doesn't bode well.
Speaker 2: Has your team played yet in preseason?
Speaker 1: And don't worry about stuff now we play at uh the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I think it's uh this weekend. The Bills. They're playing the Bears, and they're saying that the starters, Josh Allen starters will play for one quarter. And I can't and I can't, I can't no, I can't wait. I can't wait. Oh, just for that one quarter? Sure can't wait?
Speaker 1: What if?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Who are they playing? The Bears? Bears? What if instead of the Bears, the Serbian men's basketball team shows up? Are you I think we could eat it out show? Okay? Maybe, just maybe it'll be. It'll be when I'm crazy, you know, like the Vikings Bills games just back and forth, back and forth a couple of years ago, obviously that you gotta watch out for the Serbian men's whatever ting.
Speaker 2: I'm not lying, though, man, I am really looking forward to my Twitter feed just turning into Buffalo Bills and NFL football. I can't wait. I can't wait for that transition to.
Speaker 1: Happen and I can watch it as from it. Ross is Twitter. Whatever happens with his personal account slowly weeds its way into the show account. So in a way, I'm like the NSA spine on ras. Not on purpose though, like you know, just understand people you cross share, you cross you will. You'll share your own tweets occasionally, which I understand why, and now that becomes part of what the show wants, you know.
Speaker 2: But it's even different, like because for some reason it bleeds over like it's as it's so super weird. So we both have You have access to your personal account in the show account. I have access to my personal account in the show account. So if I like stuff, and if I go through my feed and once it starts filling up with Josh Allen Bill stuff, I'm just gonna click liking all of it. For some reason, that'll bleed over to the show feed and you'll be looking at the like the for you or the following tab and it'll be all buffalo stuff, same stuff if I started, if I start liking wrestling stuff.
Speaker 1: Or I was just gonna say, I can tell when Ross is having a wrestling weekend yep, yeah, and then I can go and to confirm my suspicion because I'm getting a lot of fed in the show account, I will I go to Ross's personal account and I see he's posted like two Hogan memes and suff and it's and I just like, I feel like I'm spying on you.
Speaker 2: A lot of times. We don't have to talk about the trending political stuff because it bleeds over. So what you're liking, I see what I like. You see correct? Yeah, it's super weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's useful to some extent, but I just think it's funny. I'm like, I just assume when you're hat when it's like all wrestling weekend, you just buried yourself in wrestling means sometimes because I prefer the following tab, the four you tab to the following tab because the following tab is all politics and it's all wonk and it can get super depressing and it's all the same takes and the grifters over and over again.
Speaker 2: Where the four you tab. And I know a lot of people don't like the four you tab. The four you tab is just like fun stuff. It's the fun tab for me.
Speaker 1: Regular guy Pete Calender Radio Buddy the South WBT in Charlotte. He took himself a week's long vacation so he could post a trash band of porn and do other weird stuff on the Twitter. How you doing, Pete? What's up? Man? And I don't think no, yeah, A little little like did was there a part of you I don't know where, I don't know where you went and how disconnected you were. I did see your raccoon posts, so obviously you couldn't put the Twitter down. But he posted a very compromising raccoon photo, but I didn't see getting end of it with other stuff. How hard is it to make that decision in your head where you're just say, you know what, I don't have to get back in the news cycle. And how much did you want to do that right now? Considering how insane everything is?
Speaker 3: So I what I do is when I'm on quote they and this wasn't really a vacation. It was a trip. So I went up back up to New York to see family. And so when we went into the city for a day and did a lot of uh, you know.
Speaker 1: Visiting, and that vacation. How's that not vacation? Did you take vacation time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well it's all like PTO hey time off right, So yeah, like I think vacation, I think you know, you're going to some tropical location or something, and you're just lounging around for a week, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, sunning yourself, swimming in the same dodging pieces of poop. Yeah, no, I hear you right, picking.
Speaker 3: Up some diseases, that sort of thing. So uh And in fact, I did come close that raccoon picture. I mean that was at my sister's house where we walked outside and that thing was laying on the front lawn and with.
Speaker 1: A rabbit, it's obviously rabbit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it was rabbit.
Speaker 1: Story handle business.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'm not allowed to. I did not want to risk carrying, uh, because we drove up to New York and I didn't want to. You know, I don't even know like that. I think they had metal scanners or something where anybody that enters the state, if you've got to concealed carry, they arrest you or something like that.
Speaker 1: James is in the car when it happens. One who walks up, so oh okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, So no, I was not sufficiently armed to to take the thing out. I don't think my sister would have appreciated either. So no, she called somebody, and it's pretty amazing up there, like nobody will come and do anything with it. Like the she had to make like six phone calls to different local governmental agencies and shelters. Nobody will take it. So she finally did find one. But yeah, they came and took it. And they're like, yeah, we just picked up another rabid raccoon around the corner.
Speaker 1: Was it alive when they came and got it? This is what this is. I don't understand, like they shore every incentive in the world. I don't know how densely populated it is where your sister lives, but.
Speaker 3: Pretty it's pretty densely populated like that.
Speaker 1: That's that's stuff you want. They have one in the rural Orange County the other day and everyone was freaking out, so it's like all right, well, other than that, yeah, you know, not light cycle. What is incredible, though, is I know Tim Walls, I was I was a thought you might behind the ears broadcaster when he ran to unseed a longtime Republican named Gil Gutenik, who was in the first District, which is the southern the very southern portion of Minnesota. It's not the Twin Cities, it touches Rochester. But other than that, I was just farmland man. And he rolled in with this folksy, I'm a veteran, I'm a moderate, I'm a coach, I'm a farmer, the same thing. And Gil Gutenek's problem was he was popular, but he had signed that contract with America, and if you remember, they had claimed that they would only do a certain number of terms. So Gil took the state with a lot of them did He said, I'll stick to it, but I'll leave it up to the voters, which is a cop out, admittedly, and and so they brought Walls in there, and that was his whole stick. I remember interviewing him and I'm like, I remember thinking this, this dude doesn't he doesn't feel like a guy named Roger moeh And who was kind of the king of the Democrats up there at the time. I was very partisan. And but almost immediately that veteran stat of the veterans part of it, that sort of came out, And this is what I was telling the audience. It came out almost immediately. And then when he ran for reelection, that was published and it was out there. The Minneapolis Star Tribune did a fact check on it, found it to be true, but did no coverage otherwise and only spoke to one specific point, and then they brought it out when he ran for governor. And I was telling Ross this before we got into it. I'm like, the crazy thing is they were never able to pick up traction on this abandonment of a thousand troops because he's a friggin battalion commander over you know, having to go and you know, get into it, and it never ever I understood it frontwards, backwards, the whole way, and I could never understand why it didn't move the needle in Minnesota. Do you think it might move the needle nationally?
Speaker 3: It might well a couple of things. First off, and what you just said speaks to this very thing, which is that he is not. He is not somebody, despite uh, you know, the wish casting by folks like the North Carolina Democratic Party Chair Anderson Clayton, that you know, he's going to somehow appeal to rural voters. I don't believe he is a candidate that actually does appeal. If you look at the the Minnesota election results, he doesn't win the rural vote, right, So he doesn't. It's not that he really.
Speaker 1: His first district was a rural district.
Speaker 3: Right, But in his statewide races. He he just carries the the urban areas, and he has packed further and right, and he attacks further and further to the left as he proceeds through his career. And so he's not a candidate that's going to get those voters, but he is a candidate that's going to make the suburban white liberal women think that he's going to attract those farmer voters. That he is a he's an avatar, he's a caricature of a rural voter, and that's who they want to believe they're going to attract. Much like Anderson Clayton says here at North Carolina that if she just says y'all enough, that she's going to attract rural voters to the Democrat Party that is way way left. So there's that. The other part of it is this this military service issue, where it's not about the length of time that he was in the service, and anybody who serves deserves the respect and that is a valorous thing to do. But people outside of the military probably don't understand how awful this sort of thing is to people inside the military. They really, really really do not like when people do what Tim Walls has apparently.
Speaker 1: Done, and I don't know cunning hand So cal Cunningham's douty moment is what it exactly? Yes, right, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: I had never I think I was on with you and you would use the term, and I had never even heard of the term. And then when the cal Cunningham story came out and this term now becomes familiar to me, it's like, oh my gosh, this is like a really big deal among service members. And this too with Tim Walls, is a really really big deal among service members. So like, I don't know when you look at how many people actually serve in the military that consider this then a really big deal. What are we talking? You know, one percent? Two percent?
Speaker 1: Carolina has the highest population of percentage of veterans in the country. Sure, so if there is a state where it's going to carry, it has the likelihood to carry the most water as well as the number of active duty that we have here that may vote right, it's you know, North Carolina is a pretty good test ground for that, right.
Speaker 3: And so it may help on the margins in close states. But I don't know, like how many of those people were going to vote against Donald Trump anyway, This is and this is sort of the problem that the Republicans have is that the hatred of Donald Trump is already baked in, Like his floor is his floor, his ceiling is probably his ceiling. The only thing that they can try to do is to get people who have not voted for Trump before to now vote for him out of disgust and like truth be told, that's kind of where I am. I've never voted for a major party candidate for president in my life. I might do it now just because I don't see any other way to punish Democrats and the media. But I repeat myself for the way that they have behaved with Joe Biden, with this selection of Kamala Harris and now this guy Tim Walls, and I mean this guy is I find it kind of hilarious, like the radical nature of his COVID nineteen lockdowns, and I'm reading through what he did and I'm like Roy Cooper did all of this stuff too, you know.
Speaker 1: And our president work, Carol, he didn't do this, well you.
Speaker 6: Stay at home hotline, the information, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The former Eastern Block snitch on your neighbor's hotline.
Speaker 3: He did not do the snitch line. That is true. Okay, I stand corrected. He did not do the snitch line. But but yeah, all all of this, the policies that that Walls did, Cooper did, and he never got any kind of coverage for being a radical branch Covidian. Right, everything was done under this, uh, this rubric of safetyism that the media gave him a pass on and allowed him to just run wild with whatever authoritarian impulses he had, because you know, you're going to kill grandma otherwise. And uh, and Tim Walls now is going to have to answer, which you know, part of me is kind of happy that Walls got picked because now maybe we will actually have some kind of a discussion about the policies that were enacted during COVID, where I thought that was not going to happen with Trump Biden geriatric rematch.
Speaker 1: It is. It is one hundred percent. It is undeniable.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I use that I use that term very specific because generally a lot of what we talk about his opinion, that's the nature of what we do. And I open up the possibility that maybe either I don't have all the information or I missing something. In this case, it is undeniable, it is proven, it is double triple peer reviewed whatever. It's the ninety nine percent, and that is the Democrat Party and the Harris campaign made a decision not to select a VP candidate because he was Jewish. You cannot convince me otherwise. Because of the way that they openly talk about it on CNN and MSNBC and Matthew Iglesias yesterday losing his mind. Matthew Gleasias, a reporter who's also the one who helped him. Yeah, stock Tucker's house in DC, but a reporter for what vox was a vox.
Speaker 3: Right, No, he's doing his own he's been doing it.
Speaker 1: No, that was when he was doing the Tucker thing. It was he was with Vox or vice.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. He's one of the founders of box yeaheah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Vox I was complete them. So anyway, this guy is mad as hell and he's sending these tweets out because here we go. This is not a this is not per se a knock on Tim Walls, but it's striking that the pro Palestinian movement couldn't stick to the deal of give us Tim Walls. We will dedicate one hundred percent of our effort to electing Company because they what do they do? They crashed the Detroit Harris rally. So a reporter is telling a group of anti Semites that we did the thing you asked us to do. Could you shut up now?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: What this was our deals? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, they absolutely are, yeah, absolutely right.
Speaker 1: And at the very.
Speaker 3: Least, don't disrupt the speeches. You want to go outside and march around with you know, signs and stuff. But I'm sure they'll suffer that. Fine, right, But the interrupting Harris, especially at that Detroit speech where prior to the speech, right, the Harris campaign, like they came out or they met with these people before the speech and said they would be open. She said I would be open to an arms embargo against Israel, yes, which is astounding, And you get this nominee to say that, and then you still disrupt their speech. So like at some point I think that they may be like, you know, we're not going to listen to these people anymore, which of course will then make them angrier. And then they show up at the Chicago convention causing mayhem, which I am all for it, all for it.
Speaker 1: You're on team sixty eight. Huh, could somebody refer to I'm on team sixty eight. Oh yeah, they're going to be there. Man. But well, you did a deal with the devil, and you're surprised the devil didn't honor the terms.
Speaker 7: Right that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you wanted my soul. Yeah, I didn't know you wanted my soul as part of this deal.
Speaker 1: You know what's wild about these people is I don't know if you saw, but like for the University's Columbia Harvard, a couple others, the students for Palestine Group has I did, they're kicking things off in September because apparently what it was it was a hot girl summer, not a genocide summer, like you think genocide's going on. But as soon as it was time to you know, go to uh, go to Miami for a girls trip, you couldn't be bothered to advocate again until September.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Sure. I don't know why I find that so funny, but I do.
Speaker 3: Well doing the work right, Doing the work is exhausting, it's never over and so yeah, yeah, right, exactly, so you gotta and probably spring break they'll take some time off as well. I did see the one from I think it was Columbia University. They put out a statement, uh that said they are you know, they will not rest until they destroy Western civilization. So I mean, at least they're admitting it now, which was I thought helpful because there's a lot of people on the left that seemed to be blind to this. That's what I say. It like, I don't know, you know, and but I don't know how else to punish democrats and media for their but I repeat myself for their behavior with with propping up Biden, and now we're seeing that apparently they were using uh, you know, the the algorithms and ad buys and stuff in order to essentially brainwash half the country by following them around, much like jd Vance is doing to uh Kamala Harris, but to follow people around basically through their Internet use and bombard them with stories and video clips and images of Joe Biden not being in mental decline in order to convince them that this was just some sort of a lie. Uh if they had even heard of write right, And.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I'm sorry because I only have a minute, and it's you just reminded me of some I found it really weird because you're a guy who has also been a reporter and a host. That's when he walks up to that group and offers to tell them something, and nobody says yes or off. There is an alternative question. That was the weirdest media gaggle I've ever seen. They've probably never talked to jd Vance, most of those reporters. He walks up to talk to them on the tarmac, and nobody says anything until he starts walking away. Nobody would even acknowledge he was standing there, And it's like, are you not intellectually curious? I got about thirty seconds the answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, Yeah, The answer to your question is no, they're not, Like, I don't know if they if they even have a question to ask him. That's not somehow connected to Agenda twenty twenty five or Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Ouch, yes, yes, exactly. Oh man, all right, well we can talk about that. By the way, kudos to you guys for hiring Cam Newton to drive the team plane. So that was good. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I good. Good to see he's working again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. They landed on his seat.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, so did the players this morning at Charlotte Douglas. A right, we got a role, Thank you very much, beat calendar, and uh we'll be back hanging on hitting on the high points, the low points, and all the points in between. So yeah, yeah. The tim wall stuff, as you can imagine, chewing up a lot of his ear time as well. But you know, there are there are one hundred tim walls cuts and I find, you know, that are floating around that people have never seen. I've seen some of them just because I got you know, Minnesota friends from when I lived there. They'd be like, hey, look at this idiot said, you know, throughout his gubernatorial and congressional career. But I've noticed this trend with the tim wall stuff that sounds and this is I don't know if they're manipulating the algorithm to do it. Do you remember the first the first when first Trump got into office, what the Cras and Steins were doing where they had a way and I don't know if they were just sitting idly by or if they had a bot do auto posts and then they would catch up with it. They would get them. Any time Trump posted something, they would inevitably post something within a you know, within a few seconds of some snarky response be like yeah, whatever, CHEETAHLINI. And then and then all of a sudden, like two hundred accounts would immediately like whatever they posted. And so there was a period during which every time Trump posted, one of those two idiots was the first post underneath, and it's you can't those numbers were unachievable, and if you remember, Twitter threw them off for manipulation. I can't remember specifically what the allegation was, but for manipulating it. So now what I'm seeing with a lot of these tim Walls clips is the first comment under it sounds it's worded something like this. On a lot of them, they're like, oh you know what, Yeah, I was reading about this. This is actually manipulated video. And then for whatever reason they'll get like seventy likes immediately, and then it just sits there under these posts from some of the big recounts. So it just it's kind of what Pete was talking about there with the manipulating and following around on social media, the level of high end like you know, CIA tradecraft thought that is given to how to manipulate the consumption of news because they can't control necessarily this you know this spigot right. It's it's far easier now than when three networks and a couple newspapers controlled everything. To get a dissenting opinion and idea something people you know that frankly they don't want you to see, which is I can't remember who said the quote. I think it was George orwell right, and he said, you know, being a journalist is about it is about printing things that others don't want printed. Everything else is publicity, and and I think that that's fair. So when you can't control that, you have to get really creative because you know it's going to get out there, whether it's manipulating algorithms within your giant tech company and calling them whoopsies like Google does, or it's people, if especially within Twitter, because that's the most dangerous right now, going in and trying to get people at first blush to not do the look it up themselves and just believe that person, well, they have seventy likes, they must be correct. And then and then I'm assumed, because there's no way you look at these videos and go, yeah, absolutely, that makes me feel confident about this individual's ability. And then you know, insert whatever it is I was thinking of some of this. There's you know, and there's other videos floating around, like do you guys remember Kamala Harris back in twenty twenty, and she's doing she's doing the softest of all interviews. She's doing like the Breakfast Club No no Hate, No hate. By the way, Yeah, it's one of our h one of our stations there. But you know, remember that that's where Hillary went on and showed off her purse hot sauce collection. There's not serious journalism being done there. The most serious piece of journalism I ever saw in there is when Charlemagne the God was trying to I don't know what he was trying to do. He doesn't like post malone, and post malone will just nice guide him to death. But other than that, I don't watch a lot of interviews. But she's doing that. She's on with Ry. It was Angela Raye, who's the female she does a podcast, and she couldn't hold her own in those studings. And now I have to watch people who are praising the Harris campaign for their dejaying. Yes, that's right, fans are noticing. And what's even crazier is half these events are concerts anyway coming, So I don't even know if they're picking the music of the campaign. They're praising her campaign's intricate knowledge for hip hop culture and pop poplar music and putting it on display at her campaign stuff. Do you think Kamala Harris is the one out there?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Were they? They were all super giddy over whatever Tim Walls walked out to and I can't remember what the song was. And it's like, you think Kamala Harris is sitting there on her Spotify or I Heart Radio app let me throw that in, or Apple Music and picking the songs she has no functional knowledge. I'm gonna play from when and this is from twenty twenty and tell me that. Tell me that this woman is doing anything to pick any of these songs or no? Who's any of these people are alive? All right? That's a good question. Ross's best rapper alive? Who do you think it is? Best rapper alive? If you had to, if you had to pick one, could would you have an Eminem? Probably?
Speaker 2: But the mumble rap sucks, But that's a different story.
Speaker 1: You know, it's its own thing, all right, So you're gonna go Eminem. I think that if you pulled one hundred people, Eminem would definitely be one of the top getters in there. Okay, good, good good. There's a keyword in there, keyword alive. And this is going to remind you a lot of what was it? Who's the who's the what was that poll we did over there, like the best best living Asian star? People answered Bruce Lee, and Bruce Lee won like with a bullet, and then was Bruce Lee, and then it was another dead Asian dude, and then it was like Jackie Chan or something like people. You got to listen to it anyway. So best best Rapper Alive taken away, comic.
Speaker 3: Best Rapper Alive?
Speaker 1: Tupac you say he lives on a lot.
Speaker 10: I know, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Listen West Coast girls, What do you mean you keep doing it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: If she's saying it is a joke, it's pretty funny because that's a joke or it's a meme that Tupac is still alive. Remember like the whole Dave Chappelle's skit where like, yeah, thing that people say it's a joke, like Tupac is still alive in somebody's basement or some long but is she being serious or she.
Speaker 1: Joked, She's being serious, and then she got caught up in it. There's another interview where she she doesn't know who any of these rappers are. They were talking to her about Cardi B. And you could see on her face she didn't knowho Cardi B was and now and that's a little more modern with the Tupac things. She's not she's not joking. She just didn't listen to the question. Maybe, and her West Coast brain is you have to say Tupac, right, So, but you know that's like if she was from Connecticut and she's like, oh, biggie biggie.
Speaker 2: But you know that's fine because it's a normal thing to get older and not know who the current got artist or it happens to me all the time. Where is he like the entertainment news on Twitter, Facebook or on social media? And I'm like, I've never heard of this person before. That's normal, right, yes, But.
Speaker 1: When again, her campaign is being complimented.
Speaker 2: For right like her her walk on music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, dude, do you think anybody do you think anybody picks it? Do I think Donald Trump asked for songs? I think Donald Trump asked for songs because you guys a control freak too, man, you get you almost half.
Speaker 2: And in the video of him recently in the golf cart right where he was doing that, he was recently in the cyber truck with Aiden Ross where the dude is he's like he's picking the music out and he does like the Beach Boys right and the Mama's in the papas, which made.
Speaker 1: Exactly what I think Trump would pick for his age. Yeah. So, oh, it's just crazy, all right, I'm a I'm a fan. Until last week, I would have said that dude down in Jacksonville who was at the holiday and super Sweet, which, by the way, the dude who did the dis track. You know what, So the guy who got killed, the rapper got killed, did a diss track of another rapper who got killed and then in the song rapped about getting killed at a party at a hotel, and then himself was killed at a party a hotel. The dude they arrested for killing that dude at the hotel did a dis track about him getting prison greeted to death if you understand what I'm saying. So the question becomes, now they've rested this guy and he's in jail. Does the prophecy come true? As laid out in his own song, These are the deep thoughts that we have here on the show. That's the level of dig around that I'm willing to do if it's the right story. Otherwise, like Ross said, I hear names and then it's like the words the other day, like I don't what does bustin mean? I don't know, but I'm not looking it up. And we did have a listener, a young black man who did explain to me what it is. But it still sounds so white when I say it. So I'm with you Ross. How many times have you looked at a story didn't understand it? But now you're at the age where you're like, also not going to make an effort on right, I don't care anymore. That's what's truly liberating right there? Oh man, all right, let's get Ken Boon from the Weather Channel here. He's going to liberate your weekend real quick. The tornado, you know, tornadoes never get enough discussion. We get into this hurricane or this type of weather. But that's been a big deal, man, been a big deal just here in North Carolina, and people don't often associate the two and they should.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they definitely should, because you know, in the reality of the fact is is that tornadoes are pretty common with tropical cyclones, and most of them occurred generally kind of on the east side of the circulation. And that's what we saw here through about the eastern third of North Carolina yesterday with the tornado warnings, and they're having that issue as as the remnants continue to move up into the northeast as well. We have tornado watches that extend from the Baltimore Washington, DC area all the way up into southeastern New York. So it is definitely something associated with these tropical cyclones, and it is certainly more common than They're not typically large tornadoes, but they certainly are destructed enough, destructive enough, destructive enough, excuse me, to cause some damage. We do have some showers and storms moving through here this morning. They'll tape off as we approach midday, maybe into early afternoon. Sunshine should start to mix into the clouds this afternoon, maybe a slight chance for a late afternoon or evening shower storm. And then as we get into the weekend, I think we'll see some dryer air move in middle upper eighties today, low to mid seventies tonight, Sunday Tomorrow closing in on ninety. Maybe a slight chance for a late day shower storm Sunday. Otherwise another sunny day, middle upper eighties.
Speaker 1: Okay, have a good weekend, sir, appreciate it all right, you too, and we will come back and chat with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on, Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Well, Good morning, Casey, Happy Friday. The major averages posted solid gains yesterday, but the futures are rather volatile this morning. They're lower at the moment now, futures down seventy three. There is new optimism about the housing market because mortgage interest rates are at the lowest level and more than a year. Freddy Mack reported the average rate on a thirty year fixed grate home loan a six point forty seven percent. Another big media company has written on the value of its cable networks. Paramount Global, the parent of Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, and other channels, wrote down the value of the networks by nearly six billion dollars. This comes just a day after Warner Brothers Discovery announced a nine billion dollar write down on its cable nets. Paramount also announced it's cutting about two thousand jobs. Amazon dot Com struck a couple of deals with TikTok and Pinterest. Users of the two social platforms will be able to place Amazon orders without leaving the apps. Amazon already had similar deals with Meta Platforms and Snap. Amazon also announced it's testing a fleet of Kia Souls as delivery vehicles. Amazon looking for more ways to offer same day deliveries. It says the Kiyas will be used by part time workers. They'll make about fifty deliveries per shift. A new version of the Macmini desktops on the way from Apple our Mark German reports it will be the smallest desktop ever offered by the company. It'll be the the size of an Apple set top box and casey. Our appetite for avocados is reportedly causing environmental problems in Mexico. Climate Rights International and Guardian Forestall say Mexican avocado exporters that supply to Walmart, Trader Joe's and other chains are growing avocados in many areas that were illegally cleared by fires. The report says avocado exports drove more than forty thousand acres of deforestation over the last decade.
Speaker 1: Casey alrighty, all right, Well I do love avocados, so keep it coming, thank you. All right, Okay, you have a good weekend, all right. Yeah that's Jeff Bellinger there. I think Ross doesn't like you don't like I guacam only, but you eat avocados. Right.
Speaker 2: That is incorrect.
Speaker 1: Oh that's all of it. All of it is snut. Okay, all right, Hey, I need a ruling here real quick. So we have a we got a teacher. This is in Houston, Texas. Let's see David is his name? I doesn't know what does he teach? Says he's a high school teacher or no, sorry, middle school teacher. Okay, So so what happened middle of the night abhiut twelve thirty in the morning. David Garza buck naked with a fifteen year old student out on his front lawn. That's one way that this could be spun. Now, if those if that's what you hear, You got a teacher exposing his naked body to a fifteen year old student in front of his house. What do you think.
Speaker 2: I think you need to put him in the mortar field. We put him in the mortar turn him, amis yep, well what if I threw in this? Actually, Garza was asleep in his home when he heard a woman screaming in front of his house. When he looked outside, he saw a hooded black male trying to rape a fifteen year old and he ran out of his house with his gun.
Speaker 1: But he sleeps in the nude.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that is a completely diff her story. Can can we put the mist back together?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are bad?
Speaker 2: So sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry that we just heard you to miss sir. See.
Speaker 2: This is why we have trials.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, that's that's again. It's all about how it's it's you want a lesson on what you include or don't include in his story and how it changes things. Yeah, David Garza being uh Now, luckily after the dude ran off because this guy comes out with a gun and and she screams help, I'm fifteen, and he books out of there, and they got a grainy photo of him, uh, you know, attempting to rape at fifty. He had ripped a lot of her clothes off too, So thank god, this guy was like, I'm not even gonna put on shirt and he comes streaking out.
Speaker 2: I guess all he said. I always said this dude was a hero from day one. I said, this guy, they're I would not up in a motor field with a mortar and turn him to miss Like, wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: It's David Guards of this, David Guards of that. Every damn day with rush H, you make one mistake. But also for you freaky PERV people who you know, like oh you know, like you know, like the public nudity, this is your loophole. You just could be just become an agent of justice, right. You got to be in the right place at the right time. But like, if if that's your if that's your kink, you absolute strange person, just you know, get a police scanner. Break up crime, please show up. You've got the robber pinned down. He doesn't dare get up because you're you know, you're straightfully straddling him and they're probably not going to rite you for lude behavior. So you're welcome that. Solving problems every day on this show.