Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: It is time now for our community connection right here on Gay one, the one you try to stab, brought to you by Arland Boyton.
Speaker 1: You can't if you wal home with is here the United Way. We're living united.
Speaker 2: We've got Lisa, We've got Katie, and we got Sunshine.
Speaker 1: How are we doing there.
Speaker 3: Ladies, Yeah, yeah, no complaints.
Speaker 2: My goodness, six you've been busy, busy, busy. That golf tournament was something else and you just haven't stopped. It's been like, you know, nobody can catch it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes I feel like I'm I'm running behind the pack. But no, we have been extremely busy out trying to raise money for our twenty twenty four annual campaign. We are you know, it's crunch time right now. We're still waiting for about you know, a couple of bigger companies to give us their numbers.
Speaker 3: I looked yesterday.
Speaker 4: We're about fifty six fifty seven percent of our goal, which we have some work to do. And the need has grown just over the past year. More services are being used by people who need it most. And this is a time for us to buckle up and give as much as we can because it's going directly to those partner agencies and helping those people that are in need.
Speaker 2: Now I understand that we are working with our retirees.
Speaker 1: At this point has yes.
Speaker 5: So towards the end of the year, Conico Phillips and Phillips sixty six put out a plea to their employees, to their retired employees to donate and it's a big campaign that we do.
Speaker 6: We started in August.
Speaker 5: It goes out to about two thousand of their retired employees and we just asked for donations. Conico Phillips will match and you have until November thirtieth to get in donations to be matched. That we can't guarantee that they'll be matched. And the match really does make a different, Yes.
Speaker 3: Makes a huge difference.
Speaker 4: I mean, we still have a lot of people who are involved in our community even though they're not working for one of the big companies anymore, and they choose to give to us and that means the world to us. We are beyond grateful for their commitment and support. And just realize that, you know, times are tough for a lot of people and every dollar counts, and I you know, we're trying to brainstorm some ways to get some additional dollars and we've got some stuff hopefully that we're going to do, so stay tuned to that. But we are so you know, and in the companies that they do internal campaigns, they help our retirees, they give us our golf tournament. I mean, we are so so grateful for all of the commitment that our companies and individuals do in our communities.
Speaker 2: Speaking of doing, you have this day of carrying, and it's not just one day, it's a it kind of spreads out a little bit, ye for everybody's benefit.
Speaker 1: Yes, how well did we do on it?
Speaker 2: Because I keep seeing people posting their pictures all over social media carry look at us, you know, Yes, what do we do?
Speaker 6: So this year was a great year.
Speaker 5: We had about eighty four projects from thirty different nonprofits.
Speaker 6: There are projects still going on.
Speaker 5: Salvation Army has a lot that has to do with their can food drive, that have to do with their.
Speaker 6: Angel Tree distribution.
Speaker 5: So you will still see some of those green Dave King shirts out about. But this year we had about one three hundred and seventy volunteers I know.
Speaker 1: For town thirty eight thousand.
Speaker 3: That's pretty darn Yeah, is great.
Speaker 1: It's called performing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I will say about six hundred and fifty of them came from Chai County Tech.
Speaker 4: Yes, so that, you know, that is something that we're really grateful for Kyle pull because he is he's been the one that's championed that and it instills in our younger people how giving back is really important and how you can start volunteering at any age. And it's a you know that helps our agencies and our non agencies get some work done that they just don't have time to do.
Speaker 3: And we love it.
Speaker 4: We have people at our office and you know we are so it's such a fun experience to see people getting their hands dirty or yes, yes, yeah, And I mean the Red Kettle kickoff was last week, so I know that Salvation Army is needing volunteers to ring the bell. So I mean there's still so many opportunities for people to get back before the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: You know, every time you saw a picture those folks, you know, the shirt was pretty much clean.
Speaker 3: Hands not so much yes, because yes, they were.
Speaker 2: Actually working there, you know, like pose in and say, hey, look at me, I'm showing up. No, they're actually up to their elbows getting things taken care of.
Speaker 1: That was just cool pictures.
Speaker 5: Well, and it's so fun too because every year it seems like we have a new company that gets involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Last year we.
Speaker 5: Had abb that really kind of stepped up and they got involved, and then this year we had Apex Title and closing.
Speaker 6: They said, hey, we want to be a part of this.
Speaker 5: And so getting these different companies that haven't been a part of the Day of Caring before to join in is just such a fun experience. And we love bringing volunteerism throughout our community every year.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a really great experience and it makes you really look at what's important, and that is, you know, giving back is something that I've been passionate about my entire life. And it's easy to get on board when you're when you know you're doing things that will help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it truly is.
Speaker 4: No, we have fifteen new yes yes, fifteen party yes, yes we do yes.
Speaker 1: Actually said thirteen last time.
Speaker 3: Yes we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have fifteen partner agencies, thirty programs. But the individuals and families that they serve is just incrust you can't put No, you really can't. So we're really I'm grateful for my board of directors and their leadership and and looking at the future focused and how we're going to be able.
Speaker 3: To help those that really needed.
Speaker 4: And I mean we have the in my opinion, I'm biased, but we have the best of the best in our agencies, their directors, their employees, but also our board of directors and.
Speaker 3: The brew crew. I feel like we are really an amazing team and we.
Speaker 4: We all are like minded and want to make sure that we're we're doing the best we can.
Speaker 2: Now and somebody's going through their finances and they're saying, you know, probably would benefit a lot of people if I made a domination to United Way. Now you're gonna you will accept that donation.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, well except yes, of course, of course. I mean there's several ways. I'll let Katie explain, but I mean they can come by our office set four fifteen styles.
Speaker 3: I will throw you a T shirt and then Katie, you want to tell them about that other ways.
Speaker 5: So you can always call it is nine one eight, three three six one zero four four. We can take your information over the phone, but you can also donate their website and that's BARTLESVILLEUW dot org and you can also check us out on social media. We will be posting all those links all that information there as well. We also share all of our partner agency information there too, So if you ever kind of want to know, like what's going on over at Salvation Army, what's Eldercare up to, then we're we really try and share all that information there.
Speaker 6: Any events going on, you know.
Speaker 5: About to hit into the holidays, so there's a lot of things that are going to be popping up and a lot of people that need services. So we really try throughout November December to really share as much of that information as we can, even if it's information that's not from one of our partner agencies. We just like to be kind of a source that gets that information across.
Speaker 6: The community as much as possible. So you can check that out.
Speaker 1: My goodness sake, what don't you guys do? Do you ever sleep? Because every time I see you too, you're just all over the place.
Speaker 4: You know, it takes all of us together. Some days I'm dragging, some days other people are dragging, and we just lift each other up.
Speaker 3: And that's what we're doing.
Speaker 4: That's what those agencies do every single day, and it is you know, it's been an honor to serve in this capacity, and I still I wake up. I love my job and I will never lose hope that this community will rally together to help the people who really need it, and that that's just been evident, and it's shown day after day, year after year that you know, most of the time, I'm like, I don't know if we're going to meet our goal, and something happens and we're able to do it. But you know, more important is that we it's not just about our goal, it's about the number of individuals that are helped when we meet that goal. And we're just really passionate. We're not going to stop until till the final day, which we don't really have one, so who knows we'll be We'll be going a long time.
Speaker 2: Tell that's great, That is great. And when you help out there so many people. A lot of the agencies you work with are the those that it's just folks who fall between the cracks in a lot of cases. Yeah, and although we've got a lot of safety nets in the world, we don't have more. Yes, these really do a good job of making sure that nobody gets left behind.
Speaker 5: That's right, Yes, And I think that's important to remember because when you make a donation a United Way, it goes towards those fifteen agencies, and it allows them to focus their efforts on helping more people, to be exactly, because they're not having to go out and figure out where are we going to get all of this money from. They can apply for these grants through us and we can kind of take that burden off of their shoulders.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 5: While we don't fund the full percentage of their programs, we do make it so that it, you know, what they can't go out and do is.
Speaker 6: A lot easier.
Speaker 1: Allow them to do what they do best.
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: So we are going, you know, United Way Worldwids going through a brand refresh and we'll be participating in that the first of the year. But what I've loved so far is that our CEO of Angela Williams says United is the Way, and that's something we're going to utilize and because I believe it, I believe in it, and I believe that we do make a difference in the lives of I mean, it makes a difference in our lives. It makes a difference in those that need it. But I just am going to say that United is the way. Uh, it's going to probably get on people's nerves, but it is this, it is I totally believe in it. I really do, and I'm I'm excited about how this is going to impact how we're able to connect with folks.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. Again, tell us where we can make that check so.
Speaker 5: You can go to Bartlesville UW dot org to donate online, you can call us nine to one eight three three six one zero four four, or you can stop by our office at four one five East Silas Street.
Speaker 1: Wow, ladies, than you for being here.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again, we're just grateful for for your support.
Speaker 4: I mean it's been years and years at this that the Bartlesville Radio has supported us and we just are very appreciative. So thank you for collaborating with us to help us make a difference.
Speaker 1: It is our pleasure.