Speaker 1: All right back on the big one seven hundred. Wow, the average American and for the great American. Yes, there are tens of millions of dollars being handed out at Paul Brown. Oh, I'm sorry, past sub stadium.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: The news conference with T Higgins and Jamar Chase is now at three point thirty today, three thirty today, and we will carry it live, of course on seven hundred at WLW. Meanwhile, in Washington, DC, the drama plays out in a different sense. There's a phone call today between President Donald Trump and President Vladimir Putin of Russia. And what they will talk about, I'm sure, is what Putin wants out of a deal to end the war at least bring it to some sort of halt with Ukraine and then see if that intersects with what Ukraine would be happy with, and then try and figure out a way to end it completely. Who's holding the cards in this one? Meanwhile, the Dems are in disarray what they could and win in November. They're trying to win in courtrooms all across the United States. And riddleby this one, Batman, how could a district judge determine what national policy is in the United States? You don't have many district judges are running around this country just to stop and think of every single city and suburban section of this country. And you're going to put national, if not international policy in the hands of a judge, really, I mean not like a sam Alito judge. No, no, no, no, like you know, just to you're run on the middle judge. Anyway, there's that drama playing out, and whether or not that plane that left here and went to drop off all of these illegal aliens that have committed crimes in El Salvador over the weekend, whether or not the judge had the ability to do that, and whether or not the Trump administration wanted to simply defy that. And now this from Newsweek. Nobody it seems like, likes the Democrats anymore, including Democrats. In fact, their favorability is twenty nine percent. And the new face of the Democrat Party, according to CNN, is Alexandria Ocassio Cortes. Oh my, has the board changed whenever it turns to politics and there's drama of any kind. We turned to the man who is now in charge with educating, directing, influencing the fertile minds of the most important generation, the generation that will lead this country someday, someone who understands politics inside out and can help make those who will guide our country someday at least appreciate what's going on, if not understand it, and be part of that guidance. He is our good friend from Tarland State University. He is the esteemed doctor Nathaniel Cogley, and he's standing by to join us right now on all things that are transpiring in this country. And doctor Cogli, how are you on this glorious Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 4: It's spring break and we're fiftieth day of the second Trump term. So I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: Fifty days into one hundred days.
Speaker 1: We should point out doctor Cargly was part of Trump forty five's administration and now back at Tarleton teaching. All right, I don't know where to begin, so let's begin with this. Do you think that any judge, particularly at the district level, has the right to tell a president of the United States how to conduct policy? I mean, let's just think about this for a second. I reside here in the great state of Ohio, in the southern part of Ohio. We have the Southern District of Ohio. It's got eight current judges, eight senior judges. We have the sixth Circuit that sits here in Cincinnati. They've got like sixteen active judges, handful of senior judges. So about forty judges are running around here in the greater Cincinnati area. Just imagine that number taking out all over the United States and all of the other districts and whatnot. And you're here to tell me, or somebody's here to tell me that one judge in one district can tell the president of the United States what to do. But that apparently is what happened over the weekend, is it, don.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he seemed to use it in a very kind of over the top manner. I mean, I think he told the planes that were in the air to turn around and fly the other direction. So this is what we call overreach.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There are six hundred and seventy seven federal district judges, and the current situation gives each one of them this belief that they can do a temporary restraining order and a universal injunction on the President of the United States. Now, the constitutionality of this is very much in question. The Constitution puts the executive power in the president, and certainly not in inferior court judges. We do have a separation of branches. But the peer of the president is in the Supreme Court. So there's a question candas Supreme Court, you know, to shoot down a presidential action, but to say that the inferior courts can do it all, six hundred and seventy seven of these inferior court judges can basically asserpt the power of the president. There's a famous line in Judge Renquist dissent in Roe v.
Speaker 2: Wade.
Speaker 4: He says, the court has it smacks of judicial legislation, that the judicial branch is basically stepping on the terrain of the legislative branch. Well, this order from Judge Boseberg smacks of judicial execution. He seems to be stepping on the job of the president.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, and over above that, you know he's he's treading on. First of all, he didn't issue a written order. Second of all, it was a verbal order. And to take it even a further step further, he had no idea where that plane was. That plane enough fuel to turn around and make it back to the mainland. He had no idea. I mean, what's his next, What's his next order. Oh, when Air Force one travels out to California can't fly over South Dakota. I mean, and I think it speaks to what's going on here with regards to our country. The Democrats got got hammered in November, and now they and their sycophants and some of these activist groups are finding the right activist judges. I mean, you've got judges that were appointed to the District of Columbia US district Court. I worked in Washington, d C, Doctor Cockley. As you know, Washington, d C. Is overwhelmingly Democrat. It's overwhelmingly Democrat that in that district court in Columbia. But you've got judge shopping going here. These activist groups, certainly at the behest of the Democrats, are are going to places like the district court in DC, the district court and Maryland, the district court in the western district of Washington, pick one, southern district of New York. That's where they're going. They're judge shopping for these things, are they not.
Speaker 4: Oh, of course they're going to try to pick the court that's going to be most friendly to their You know what they're trying to stop you know in nine of these universal injunctions have been from democratically appointed inferior court judges. So these are the tools of the trade that they used during Trump's first term to try to stifle his agenda. And they use the record number of these universal injunctions in his first term, and they're on pace right now too far exceed that. But the Court is operating under an assumption that all the twentieth century precedents on this are going to hold. But in fact we see a Supreme Court that's very willing to throw out precedents from the twentieth century that it feels are unconstitutional and unlawful. They've actually been bold in doing so in some high profile cases. So the fact that this judge really overreached by, as you say, telling the plane to turn around.
Speaker 6: He doesn't know how much fuel is in it.
Speaker 4: He doesn't you know, he has no authority to tell the plane what to do. No one put him in a position over the Department of Homeland Security to tell them what direction their planes should fly. I think there's a highlightlihood that the Supreme Court will try to strike down or minimize the ability to these inferior court judges to assert the power of the executive branch because they're not operating based on a you know, continuing president out of the twentieth century.
Speaker 6: When they determine that it's unlawful.
Speaker 1: I think and you may feel differently, but it's my belief that I think Trump has been itching for this and that when this guy Bozeman decided to do what he did on Saturday night and tell his plane to turn around, I think Trump said, Okay, this is it. This is this is where we're going. This is the hill we're going to die on on this. He's had a lot of legal jeopardy himself on a personal level, and now this, I think that's what he wants. He wants to get this to the Supreme Court, and I think he feels pretty un confident that when it gets there, it'll slap down these guys to exactly what they ought to be doing, and that's writing over legal cases in their various districts and fiefdoms as opposed to trying to play god and president of the United States. President Trump wants this. I think he wants this to go to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he's well prepared for this fight. And they're well prepared to take it to the Supreme Court. You know, the first term they were told, oh, you can't do this and you can't do that. Now he's learning that he shouldn't really take that advice. He should go ahead and try to you know, execute to the best of his abilities. And you're not going to find out, you know, the extent to the president's power unless you test some of these cases. The Supreme Court doesn't deal in hypotheticals. So if you want to make an argument that the constitutional power rests in the president for something, you need to exercise that and give the Supreme Court a chance to review a real case with real standing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Moore.
Speaker 1: Drama today, Apparently in Washington, DC, the President is making a phone call to his counterpart in Russia, Vladimir Putin. President Trump is trying to end this war. Selenski came to this country a couple of weeks ago and you know, basically blew it. I mean, I haven't seen anything like that in my life.
Speaker 2: And so he was.
Speaker 1: Sentail between his legs to the EU, and the EU basically said, well, we can't do anything without the United States of America. Now he's on the phone to Putin after his chastise Zelenski. He wants to bring peace. I don't think there's any question about that. He wants the minerals that are in Ukraine rather than us going to China and try and get minerals from a political and an economic adversary that could turn on us on a dime. But how successful do you think he'll be? And you know Putin has taking it on the chin in this war as well. He's not in exactly great shape in Russia. Where do you think this phone call is going today?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't have privy to it, but I know they're both tremendous negotiators, and I know Trump has come in here with a fresh mind to get peace. He doesn't want a never ending war. And these never ending wars, I should point out, oftentimes lead to total failure, you know. So never ending war in Vietnam leads to total loss. Ever ending war in Afghanistan leads to a total loss.
Speaker 2: So the side that just.
Speaker 4: Wants never ending war in Ukraine, like they're not willing to give up an inch inch or concede anything. You know, they're actually on a path to a total loss.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So I think Trump is going to come in here and try to find the best mutually beneficial situation, you know. And on Zelensky side, you know, only only a fool spits on their best offer, you know. So at this point, Russia is strong, Russia's on the ground, and you know, you got to deal with the practicalities of the situation. But there's certainly some posturing going into the negotiation. But I expect President Trump, President Putin to make some progress on a framework for a deal here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And obviously you can't then just you know, I mean, Zelensky's got to get something out of it that helps him save face. He's still and I don't know the validity of these polls, who knows what kind of polling goes on, but he's still apparently is a popular leader in Ukraine, so he can't, you know, be completely disgraced in all of this. There's got to be a little bit of a win for him somewhere, and that win, quite frankly, maybe Americans on the ground in Ukraine protecting the mining interests that that Trump is interested in. If you're going to mine in Ukraine with Americans, you're going to have to protect those people that are doing that particular business, and therein may be the win for Zolensky. He has Americans on the ground protecting other Americans. It's not a NATO invitation. It's certainly not arming him the way he wants to be armed, but he gives him something there that could be the win for Zelensky.
Speaker 2: Would you agree? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, US mental interests and US companies on the ground would certainly give a sense of protection. You know that no one's going to invade that territory. But I'm not sure how popular Zelensky is amongst the Ukrainian population here. I bet the vast majority of the Ukrainian population would actually like peace and don't appreciate the attitude that we're just going to do forever war and you know, not concede anything. I think at some point people get war fatigue. You know, we don't know. Zelenski hasn't been elected in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it may not happen for a while too. All right, Finally, doctor Cogley, the Democrats are in disarray.
Speaker 2: CNN just did a poll.
Speaker 1: CNN obviously a left leaning organization, and they recorded they reported this poll among five hundred Democrats and Democrat leaning independents that the Americans as a whole have reached an opinion that the Democrats' favorability is twenty nine percent. Twenty nine percent, which almost seems unfathomable. They're leaderless, and in this poll, Alexandria Cassio Cortez emerged as the one who best reflects the core values of the Democrat Party. If that's the case, they may be in worse shape than twenty nine percent. I honestly, it's Joe Biden did more to hurt this country, in my opinion, than any president in the last one hundred years, and he might have done more in the history of his party to hurt that party in the last one hundred years. It's unbelievable where they have fallen, is it not?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I think Joe Biden is more of a figurehead for the real powers that be left over from the Obama administration. So, you know Biden, you know, he's part of a larger team that definitely has hurt the Democratic brand. They seem to keep taking the wrong side of some issues like men and women's sports. They just can't get that one right.
Speaker 2: Independence and even.
Speaker 4: Democrats don't want men and women's sports and it's just the line they don't want to cross, and they don't understand the rationale.
Speaker 2: Of how we got there.
Speaker 6: And yeah, they have a branding.
Speaker 4: Issue saying AOC is like the best representation of the party, you know, as an indication of how far left the party has positioned themselves. And yeah, they'll have to have someone try to, you know, get this party to some more reasonable positions to save the brand.
Speaker 1: I don't see anybody out there to you, I mean, honestly, I'm looking, and I don't. Now it could spring out from that party on a moment's notice, but I just don't see anyone that anywhere has a voice that's even moderate in that party at this point.
Speaker 4: To you, No, I don't. I look, you know, Republicans are going to have a good midterm. We're used to the opposing the party opposing the president having a good midterm. But Republicans are almost on a lock to control the Senate. And the last time the party of the president kept the House would have been both two thousand and two and two thousand and four under President Bush. So the Republican Party is certainly capable in terms of, you know, a presidential challenge in twenty twenty eight. I mean, their best hope would be a name we're not really thinking about because you can't think of a good challenger and I can't either, But there could be a name we're not thinking about. You know, Trump came out of nowhere with you know, billions of dollars of backing and this great Arristhma. You know, it have to be someone like that, you know, to give them a nice chance in twenty twenty. It's just someone we're not thinking about.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter who it is. They're going to get the financial support and they're going to get the ground swell and whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: Look at I mean, look at Kamala Harris. I mean, before Biden bowed out, Kamala Harris might have been the most unpopular vice president in the history of the country.
Speaker 5: All of a.
Speaker 1: Sudden, she is annointed and she's like at forty nine percent. So you know it, regardless of who it is, there will be that support.
Speaker 2: Ohtho, the party will back them.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, you know, can you get someone with a clean slate without all the baggage on all these far left issues. You know that Kamala Harris signed up for Gavin Newsoen signed up for can they get kind of a fresh face without all the baggage to kind of make a reset in twenty twenty eight. And of course the machine's going to back anyone, the Democratic Party machine will put it.
Speaker 6: But you know, it wasn't enough for Biden.
Speaker 4: It wasn't enough for Harris Cycle, and I think both of us are skeptical it'd be good enough for any one of the you know, governors or centers we're thinking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, all I know is this, you're on spring break, and don't do anything crazy like go to Panama City and you know, cannon ball into the ocean or something like that.
Speaker 2: We need you.
Speaker 1: We need to hear your voice, doctor Cogley, and enjoy what's left or your spring break. And I know you and I'll visit down the road for this time. We appreciate it. Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Ken guy knows more about politics than anybody I know, and he's right. The Dems are rudderless at this point. They're backing all the wrong issues. I don't know anybody in the right mind that would side with trend de Agua and say, you know, yeah, let's get those guys back in the country, like that nutball judge in DC. Get let's let's get those guys back in the country if we don't really need to protect Americans, you know, I just I think that's what happens when you have a party or a business or anything that has no leader, and they don't and when Biden bailed on them or was told to bail on them back in the summer, there was no plan B, and they have no Plan B right now. I've always said this, I'll say it again. This country operates the best when it has sound, reasonable voices on both sides of the equation that can argue, that can present and then come to some sort of decision, not when you've got one party just ruling everything and the other one off trying to do Kumbaya and find somebody that will be their voice. Twelve twenty seven, it's the Average American in for the Great American, and I'm glad you're here too. Seven hundred WLW Call thirty nine is Radio seven hundred WLW. Welcome back, the Average American in for the Great American. Jamar Chason T.
Speaker 2: Higgins.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have a news conference. It was supposed to be a two. Now it's at three point thirty. I would read nothing into that.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you might get Trey Hendrickson up there with him as well. But the Bengals had no choice. They had to sign both of those guys. When your quarterback is out there campaigning for you to sign both of them, and your quarterback is the best quarterback you've had in franchise history, you have no choice. You got to do it, and they had the money to do it because the cat keeps going up and up and up. What they gotta do is be better drafting. They have not done well drafting. It's been hit and miss. Burrow was a no brainer. Chase was a no brainer. But you know, for every Burrow and Chase, you got a Jackson Carman or a Tyler Shelvin or Zach Carter or Miles Murphy or Jermaine Burton. You gotta be better drafting. They only have six draft picks this year and as of now, they still need two guards. They need an upgrade in their secondary, they need an upgrade in their linebacking situation. They need another edge rusher. So I mean, you've got to you know, it's great, they've got the money. If you don't pay your best players, nobody's going to want to come here to be a free agent if you don't take if you don't take care of your own, So they really had no choice, but they do have to. They do need to start knocking it out of the park. I mean, they've had hits, had a lot of misses too. So we'll see where it goes from here, and we'll we'll watch what transpires at three thirty today on the show Today, America's Attorney Jeremy Rosenthal more on what the court system is trying to do to Trump and his presidency and also was this an outright defiance of a judge's order? If it is, and is so viewed that way, then that White House has more trouble than it thinks it has right now. Or was it just some rogue judge that was trying to get us fifteen minutes of fame? The America's Attorney Jeremy Rosa thought will be in to talk about that. And what of Biden issuing all of these pardons on his way out the door, and now we find out they were signed with an autopen does that then negate the legality of those pardons or is it just something that every president has done the autopen We will find out all about that today at one o'clock and then at two AI and how it can dupe you. It's being used to dupe a lot of people, elderly people in particular. But how just having your voice duplicated by AI without your knowledge can really hurt a lot of people. And what you can do to protect yourself from that happening and protect those who might be duped in the process. This is a real issue with AI. More bad news for gen Z. They're now revenge quitting. Revenge quitting as payback for employers a lay just unfair treatment.
Speaker 2: It's causing chaos at the.
Speaker 1: Offices disgruntled gen Z employees. They're not getting mad, they're just walking out the door. Gen Z has proven to be for a lot of businesses, a real headache, largely because of the way a lot of these gen Zers were raised with this privileged and entitlement that they seem to have, and secondly because they don't want to work. You know, it's almost like mom and dad says, go out and get a job, Get the hell out of the house, go get a job. We just sent you through college, go get a job. And so sometimes and this is well documented, sometimes they go for an interview, they get a job, they don't show up for the job even on day one, or they show up for the job and they work the hours they want to work. And now this thirty seven percent of people that run companies and do the hiring, thirty seven percent rather have robots AI robots rather than gen Z grads. That's according news to a Newsweek. I didn't know Newsweek was still in business, but apparently they are. Newsweek has this thirty seven percent of how people that do the hiring or run companies would rather hire AI robots than gen Z grads. That's not a very good reflection on the younger said.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: John Gordon knows. John Gordon is somebody that works with businesses to try and get them to work with and figure out how to get more productivity from gen Z ers. He's also a noted author. He's written almost a dozen books, including his latest Difficult Conversations Don't have to be difficult. I hope this conversation.
Speaker 2: With John is not. John Gordon, how are you on this glorious Tuesday?
Speaker 6: Hey? Ken, doing great?
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm fine.
Speaker 1: I'm not a recent college graduate, so I guess I got that going for me if I was trying to find work. But what do you make of this and what do you think is driving this kind of thinking among the people that actually do the hiring.
Speaker 3: We are seeing a cultural shift and a technology shift in the United States where A is becoming more and more predominant, and it can will take jobs in the future. We do know that, But we also need people who can utilize AI. And so the more you can utilize it and see it as a benefit and an opportunity to actually grow your company, grow your organization, and make things easier and better, well, then those who can use it will be very in demand. I think younger people come out of college yet they're not really prepared for jobs. But honestly, I wasn't either. I went to Cornell University. I graduated with a you and a college degree government economics, and that really to prepare me for any I'm now a writer, speaker, work with all these organizations and fl teams, right, none of that prepared me for what I do now. Unless you're a doctor, unless you are an engineer and have specific training but even when you go to companies and organizations, they have a training division, a training part of the company that actually trains you for that role that you're taking on. So I think these younger folks coming out are still very talented, they are hungry. The ones that I've hired, I've hired gen z, I love them, and they're actually going to be great future leaders. So I'm interested in this research as well as you are. But I don't think it's as bad as it sounds.
Speaker 1: To be honest, you touched on something that has been kind of a cause celeb for me. I don't hate academia. I don't. You went to a large private university, probably cost you or someone a lot of money to send you there. We have other schools that are more affordable. We have state colleges. We have a terrific state college system here in the state of Ohio, the Commonwealth of Kentucky. But I don't think that universities and colleges are being upfront with a lot of these kids that go there. I said just a while back, if you go to any university, any college, and say I want to study this, the college or university says you got the money to study this. Yeah, I do, Okay, come here and study this. Even if they don't offer that particular course of studies, they want your money. These universities have become giant cash cows and places where people can go to get a degree. But as you pointed out, your degree probably wasn't worth the amount of money you paid for it. It was your ingenuity that made it worth what you paid for it after you had a career change. I don't think colleges and universities are being upfront and fair with parents and with students. That's a generalization I understand, but I think by and large that goes on a lot and a lot too often in some of these institutions. Would you agree, I.
Speaker 3: Would agree that you're really not paying so much for the training the education. You're really paying for the experience. You're paying for the growth. You're paying for the opportunity to be a part of that university. And it really isn't sustainable as much as colleges these days, more and more people, I believe, are going to opt out from going to college.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I had an incredible college experience. Both of my kids are twenty four and twenty six now. They went to Clemson University. We live in Florida.
Speaker 2: They had a.
Speaker 3: Great experience, but I knew what I was setting them there. I was not setting them there to actually learn a craft or to actually train in a job.
Speaker 2: They were communication majors.
Speaker 3: So I knew I wasn't setting them there for that reason.
Speaker 2: So I think, as long as.
Speaker 3: You know why you're going there, what is the reason? And it's really up to the student and the parents to say, what do I want to get out of this college? And why am I paying this money? And that intention on both sides is kick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But isn't that a lot to ask of a eighteen nineteen year old? What do I want to get out of this experience? What I want to get out of college? I mean, they might tell you, you know, I want to get drunk on a Friday night consistently, or they might tell you, you know, I want to study as little as possible, or I want to go see a lot of sporting events. That's a lot of pressure to put on an eighteen or nineteen year old, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You're right, and I do agree that a lot of kids these days are going to college for that experience. That's why in the South, all these big football schools are filling it out.
Speaker 6: We also know it in Ohio, right, you have Ohio State.
Speaker 3: People love that's good to Ohio State.
Speaker 2: They love this big school atmosphere.
Speaker 3: And so kids are going for the experience, for the fun. But I'm not so sure as we talked about preparing them for their jobs in the future. But we just know that upfront, college will not prepare you for the job that you need in most cases, unless.
Speaker 2: It's a specific job that you're going there for.
Speaker 3: It's a journalism degree, if it's a medical degree, perhaps a science degree, what do you specifically going there for? And if you go in there as a journalist, yes, you're gonna come out with not a lot of specific skills. But there are so many young talented and I have found wise incredible young leaders that are coming out and I'm actually in my company we're looking for those people to invest in them and help them along the way. I'm even starting a leadership academy for college students this year where we're gon we're gonna help develop them as leaders so that they'll be more marketable in the workplace.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think there's something that has to happen then with kids that are fourteen, fifteen, sixteen years old, and maybe it's mom and dad, maybe it's an uncle or and or somebody that can just get them on the right track so when they get to when they're in school, they will at least have the wherewithal to raise questions, Hey, is this what I should be doing? Okay, I get that, it doesn't really erase what the crux of this conversation is, and that robotics and AI are not just taking over the workforce and in some case eliminating jobs. It's making jobs scarcer for kids that are now coming out the gen zers and then ultimately the gen alphers or whatever they're going to be called down the road.
Speaker 2: So what do you.
Speaker 1: Do when you're someone that wants to better your life. You want to go to school, you want to learn things, you want a good paying job. But you also know here's this force out there that is totally inhuman that may I may be in competition with when I get out of school.
Speaker 2: What do you do at this point?
Speaker 1: How do you identify those jobs that may not be there for you when you're ready to go into the.
Speaker 3: Workforce, Well, even before that, I really believe that a college student should take internships and try to find internships in different companies, in different opportunities that will help them get a job, because we just said the crux and this is that jobs aren't available. So an internship, marketing yourself, showing what you can do, demonstrating who you are is essential for getting a job. I need so many employers that have hired in terms that work for them. Why because you hire people you trust, you hire people you know, and there's a relationship there. So I think first and foremost that is really important. Then it's also looking at the landscape and understanding what jobs are going to require talent like I.
Speaker 6: Have and are not going to be replaced by AI.
Speaker 3: And if AI is going to be used in their job, what are the characteristics and the skills and talents needed to be able to utilize AI So that you have that job that is utilizing the AI technology and you have to have that melouse so that experience is really key. Like my social media coordinator, she's now using AI all the time in her work.
Speaker 6: She didn't learn this in college.
Speaker 3: She learned this with me now. But that makes her very sustainable and powerful in my work is I need someone who knows how to do this, and I'm not going to get rid of her now because she knows how to do it, so she's utilizing AI.
Speaker 6: To me, those are the key.
Speaker 1: And that's why he sold a ton of books. John, Thank you for your time. Stay well. I hope we can talk again.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I'd love to thanks again.
Speaker 2: Have a great debt.
Speaker 1: You too, you too. Yeah, here's a little tip. If you get a job, at least show up for the job. When you're on the job, show up when you're supposed to. They say, being by ten, being by like nine p fifty. If they say do this, do that. If they say you got to work with this team, work with that team. But for God's sake, don't just quit because you don't like it. That stuff follows you around. That's unbelievable. Well it's not, I guess if you're doing the hiring. It is uh twelve fifty three already. And again that news conference with Jamar Chase and t Higgins that was set for two o'clock has been pushed back to three point thirty. Regardless, we will carry it live here on seven hundred wylw.
Speaker 2: Well and it's the.
Speaker 1: Average American and for the great American on this Tuesday. Great to have you with us Reds Baseball on the horizon in just a little bit. As the exhibition season is coming to an end and opening day is one week from this Thursday. My goodness, it's here already. Meanwhile, the drama in Washington continues with President Donald Trump in the court system. I just have a feeling that the President was itching for something legally to take on on these these very what's the word I'm looking for the other activists, something else that I need to use. I should know these descriptive words. But these judges that think they're kings, that there's something more than just people that I preside over a very small geographic area. There's about six hundred of these district judges running around. And this Broseberg character in Washington, d C. That wanted Trump to turn the plane around while it was loaded with a bunch of thugs and gangsters and gangbangers and trend dialguo types that was headed to l Savador. He wanted that thing turned around mid flight, as opposed to dealing with things that are more Germane to his particular district which is the Washington DC area. Nevertheless, it's not the one judge, it's it's a lot of judges, and Trump wants this particular judge impeached. There is a congress person that has now raised impeachment charges against this judge in Washington, DC.
Speaker 2: That did it. You've got the.
Speaker 1: Chief Justice of the Supreme Court issuing a very terse statement today saying that just because you don't like what a judge ruled doesn't give you the right to impeach that judge. Well, honestly, you can impeach anybody. The old line is you can bring allegations against a ham sandwich. It doesn't really matter. It just you know, it plays out in the courts. Nevertheless, all of this is going on in Washington, where the theatrics are just astounding, and of course the sink ephants and the media just go right along with whatever the opposition is towards Donald Trump these days. And nevertheless, there is a lot legally on the former president's plate. And you know, when it comes to things legal, we turn to America's attorney. There is no one that is better in a courtroom. There is no one who is more well versed in the law. There is no one who walks into a courtroom and here's the same six words every time he walks in. Oh god, it's him. Let's settle, and that would be the man I speak of and about to welcome in. He's never lost a court case he didn't want to win. It's Jeremy Rosenthal. Jeremy, how are you on this glorious day? Man?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna record that, I'm gonna tell I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna demand that.
Speaker 8: You're leaving out a couple of four litter words of that sentence.
Speaker 6: The real sentence is, oh blank.
Speaker 1: It's not even lunch. It's not even lunchtime. You've had three acquittals and two settlements. Come on, man, that's your day. That's your day.
Speaker 8: Man, I'm saying, yeah, you know what, let's see and see. How can you skip over? You talk about baseball season in a week? We're in Big twelve country. How can you not talk March madness here?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm red Raiders are going to win this for the Big twelve territory. I don't think since he made it, I'm sorry and help you with me.
Speaker 8: But anyway, yes, yeah, this is a lot of interesting stuff here, a lot of interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: Texas Tech is going to win it all. Yes, recreational drugs are apparently legal where Jeremy lives.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's talk about this.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this, this Boseberg character, this US District judge. No, we have Uh, we have a very robust and very good legal system here in the Greater Cincinnati area. We have many, many great judges here. We have we have a lot of judges here because of where we sit.
Speaker 2: And what's here.
Speaker 1: I mean, as you well know, we have the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals is based here. They've got about sixteen active judges. Southern District of Ohio's got about eight current judges, maybe eight senior judges, by and large, current and retired. We got about forty judges running around here in the Greater Cincinnati area. Now imagine all of that times how many That gets you to about six hundred and seventy of these guys that are out there, every one of them at any point could say to themselves, I don't like what that guy's doing in the White House. I'm going to issue an order. I'm going to tell him he can't fly Air Force one over South Dakota. He can't drop that bomb on the hoody rebels. He can't do any of that. Imagine what this country would be like if every one of these guys thought they were James Boseburg. We'd have absolute chaos, would we not?
Speaker 8: Okay, we'll think it.
Speaker 1: I think we lost Jeremy. I think Jeremy dropped out there. Let's try and re establish her. Jeremy is still there. You dropped out there a little bit.
Speaker 2: Can can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Yes, now I can, if you'll just pick up that tokay after my question?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I apologize for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you gotta think about it like this. And I'm a I'm a I'm a lawyer. I'm a big fan of the legal system. You know, I'm a big you know, due process is my jam, right, you gotta think about it like this. Uh, A federal judge isn't like some guy in the bleachers who runs out to block a shot out of nowhere. You gotta they gotta have a lawsuit in front of them, and and so they they rule on what is brought to them, and they're to think of their jurisdiction. You have to think like the Avengers universe, the multiverse. What do they call it? It's really their their jurisdiction is I mean from Marborie versus Madison, Uh, their their their jurisdiction extends to not so much territory as it does the uh the executive branch or Congress or something like that. Ultimately, the big question since are going to go up to the Supreme Court. But I do think that when we're and look, we can be critical. And we have to remember too that every one of these federal judges was nominated by a President of the United States and confirmed by the US Senate. They're hard to get rid of, and you really don't buy a lottery ticket and get to be a federal judge. Some are better than others. There's a reason why you know. You're a district judges compared to a Supreme Court judge. It's a lifetime appointment. But you can block the sale of a major soccer franchise in Europe if it gets in front of you. You can block the Court of Houston or sign an order doing that. And because of Marburie versus Madison, you can order the executive to to do something, and the executive's remedy is to appeal it and it can be blow it can be frustrating. But there's a lot of people who would argue that that's how the framers intended this to be. And I know there's a lot of frustration with the administration, and and uh, you know, I I do think, well, I'll let you. You know, I talk a lot. No, no, I'll.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not that.
Speaker 1: Let me but the time out you used to you know, we started out with a sports analogy. It's one thing if you have something in front of you, if you're a district judge, and that's something hasn't begun yet, it's yet to start, and all of a sudden, now this is this is this was an action that started. Some would say, well, you know, the administration was scrambling to get the planes off the ground because they knew that this this lawsuit had been filed, and they know the guy this this this uh Boseberg character very a liberal judge in a very liberal area. We'll get into that in a second. But uh, but you know they they knew all that, and they were scrambling and getting these planes off the ground. However, it's it's to use the sports analogy. It's like putting your team on the field in a major game and finding out in the third quarter when you've got to lead that you're you got to take you got to take certain players off the field because somebody filed a lawsuit that said they're really not eligible to play in this game, and you're going to have to finish the game with you know, nine players on the field instead of eleven. I think that's where I think I've got a problem. It's one thing to do it, it's another thing to do it while it's in progress. And in this case, this judge had absolutely no idea where that plane was, if it had enough fuel to turn around and come back to the United States, and to just do it, you know, just oh okay, some judge said that. I think you know better than I. But I think that's problematic for me. And also I think Trump's itching for a fight. I think he wants to take on these activist judges, all of whom seem to be appointed or the vast majority over ninety percent where these suits have been while they all have been appointed by either Obama or Clinton or Biden. I think he's itching for a fight to say, you know what you know stay in your wane. Don't you come jump well over here.
Speaker 6: He's certainly been very aggressive in a lot of his rhetoric. And uh, and I'll tell you this and and and I'll kind of think about it this way. And I'm gonna you didn't ask for this, Ken, but I'm gonna kind of throw this out here. This is the kind of colonoscopy that we're gonna have today, this inner looking at ourselves. This this introspection. Right, it's gonna be thorough. You didn't ask me this, but I'm gonna go here anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm overdue for a coy enemy, So go right ahead.
Speaker 6: There you go. And yes, is that we can do a p s A as as we are as we're doing good. But okay, think about it like this, the disconnect the and the information systems. In preparing to talk with you, Ken, You know, as I do, I I look at everything, and I I do my best to sort of digest at all. And the left and the right in this country can only agree on one thing, and one thing only, And that's the price of eggs. I watch an interview of Tom Homan on Fox and he is talking about standing up for the Constitution which nobody can disagree with. I watch an interview with him from CNN, same interview, and all I see is him saying, I don't care what a judge thinks. Obviously, both both the ABC News and Fox News say, well, what he said is right, and what he said it's say or I think I think that obviously the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'd like to see the full sentence of what he said. But it's amazing to me the debate that we have in this country over the judiciary and how it's hard to agree on. So when we talk about, you know, people we have, I have to remember a handful of things here, and that is that look to invoke the Alien Enemies Act, which Trump has done to deport them, is a novel argument. It's not necessarily wrong. I don't know if it's wrong. He may very well be right, and it may just be a creative way to sort of solve a problem. He's got a very narrow margin in the Senate and even slimmer margin in the House. Immigration reform is impossible to pass anyway, so it's not a stupid idea to Okay, well, let's dig up the books and let's see what's out there that we can use. Okay, we can use this one. Right, that's not a terrible argument to make. Is it right? Is it wrong? I don't know. But I don't get to go say if I'm in a divorce case with my client, I don't get to say, you know what, I don't like that judge. That judge is a hypocrite. He's a jerk.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 6: You kids this weekend anyway, right, because we'll we're not allowed to do that, and and and so people have to understand that we have checks and balances, and it's a process. And I think Trump to your point about kind of itching for a fight. Trump knows that he's gonna get at least some of what he wants here, and he knows he's going to score some points anytime he's talking about look at the thugs I'm deporting, he's winning, right. Uh So, so maybe you're you're you're you're right about him sort of itching for a fight, where lawyer Jeremy kind of goes, do we you know? Now, maybe maybe this judge is a moral I don't know. Maybe he's great, maybe he's not great. I don't know. But Chief Justice. I wasn't aware that he said something to the effect.
Speaker 1: Jeremy's gone, uh, fading in and out here on us. He might have hit another one of those knolls. And what he's mentioning that, Yeah, yeah, you're you're cutting it out, But yeah, what what what? What you were going to mention is that John Roberts said here in the last hour that just because in essence, not in these words, but in essence, just because you don't like a ruling by a judge doesn't mean you go ahead and impeach the guy. So you know, that might be a little bit of a forbear foreshadowing of what may happen if indeed it gets to the Supreme Court. I don't think it's going anywhere. Trump, as you well know, goes off and then he's got he'll find some congressmen that'll bring impeachment charges against this judge, which he did. It's kind of like Al Green in Texas. He's going to impeach Trump. He doesn't have the votes. There's votes, isn't there to impeach this judge. I mean, it's all nonsense and rhetoric. I don't put much much faith into that at all. I do think though, there has to be some there has to be something that happens legally that keeps these things from just popping up, because what you have, and you mentioned these, you know, these various courts, Jeremy. The people that are bringing these lawsuits to judge shopping, they're going to courts where they know they can find a sympathetic judge or group of judges as opposed to you know, if it's a group in Omaha, Nebraska filing it in Omaha, Nebraska, whatever court might oversee that. No, they're going to places like the Southern District of New York, like Rhode Island, like Maryland, and like where this Broseberg or Boseburg guy's in in the district of Columbia. And I think there's got to be some sort of resolution of this, or all you're going to be doing now is putting out rush fires. The Republicans will do it the next time that the Democrats are in office. There's got to be some resolution to it.
Speaker 6: And let me let me, let me play Devil's advocate here, Okay, doing criminal law when we have a judge who that there's a lot of judges who sign a lot of search warrants for police. Right, the police have the favorite judges that they want to go to to go have a search warrant signed. Right, the judge has the authority to do it. And I always warn a law enforcement when they if they ever asked me, or if I'm ever advised and I'm friends with enough of them to say, hey, you know, here's.
Speaker 2: How I would do it.
Speaker 6: If you go to this judge, you're asking for a problem because this guy's not going to review it very hard. He's kind of pro prosecution. And I know later on when I look at this, I might be able to pick it apart. Go to the judge who go to the harder cells. Right, If you go to the judges that are a harder sell for you, then you're going to be fine. Ultimately, if people are going to go to a judge that they know is just going to get reversed, then they're not really accomplishing anything. So so you forum shop at your own peril because ultimately, in all these cases, they're all winding up at the Supreme Court. And so it is going to be Justice Roberts that sits on it. It is going to be Amy Cony Barrett, it is going to be Clarence Thomas who ultimately going to have the final say as to whether the Enemy Aliens Act is applicable or not. And frankly, probably what happens here if is if it does get stricken, then then what you'll have is a roadmap for the Trump administration to probably do it correctly. Okay, we got to declare war against Venezuela, sure, why not. Sign's fine now and now we're at war, okay, whatever, you know, and we're not sending any jets over there, but now we can use this act. So I think I think that's probably where this winds up. But yes, and you you get into these these situations that that are logistically that the courts were not built for, this type of logistical nightmare about you know, turning a plane around in the middle of flight, and the administration is not you know, it's one thing to criticize a judge, and it's one thing to even you know, and and you know as well as I do, can that during the next media cycle, everybody going to forget about this impeachment action against his judge, right, and in a month or now, this CONGRESSUS is gonna say, okay, whatever I know, and and it's probably not going to gain a whole lot of steam. But but ultimately, I think Trump knows that all roads lead to Rome, and it's all it's going to be about whether the Supreme Court gets in on this. Now, Trump may he may criticize a lower court judge like that, you know, but I think once it gets to a higher court, I think you're going to see a lot of the rhetoric toned down. And again, I think maybe Trump is looking for a roadmap here of how to get it right, probably just knowing that, look, we're going to fling this out here. We know we're going to get objected to. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, And if it doesn't work the first time, we'll get it right the next time. I think that may be what you're going to see here.
Speaker 1: Well, we may we we may not. I mean, obviously, he and and John Roberts of a long standing feud. It's been going back now almost six seven years. So yeah, it'll be interesting to see to see what happens when it gets outside of these district courts. My only point is is he was elected president. He is the person that has been elected to govern this country. He has to do it within legal parameters. But sometimes these legal parameters fly in the face of what has to be done to protect this country. What if what if he you know again, what if he decides, you know, I'm going I'm going to take out a hoothy ship in the gulf like he did over the weekend, and somebody gets wint to that, and all of a sudden, you got a lawsuit in front of a judge saying, well, wait a minute, now, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: You know this might do this. I I just yeah, I think you'd be.
Speaker 6: The most lightning fast That'd be the most lightning fast lawyer I've ever met.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, but I'm just saying, I mean, if you want to play it out to the absurd, then let's do that. I think trying to impeach this judge is nuts. It's not gonna happen. I think what Robert says is probably the most sane thing that's been said so far.
Speaker 2: And then and then uh, and then but.
Speaker 1: But again, there's got to be fences, there's got to be parameters, or or you just have chaos.
Speaker 2: It's just gonna.
Speaker 6: It's it's really hard. Can to imagine every scenario. And you mentioned something that that I hadn't even thought about in all this. I mean, did the plane have enough fuel to turn around?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: Uh? And and and if it and and and so yeah, that that's one thing that a federal judge, you know, doesn't understand when he's necessarily on there on the bench. And and yeah, I think that if I don't have enough fuel to go back, I'll risk being held in contempt by saying and if by saying, judge, uh, here's a picture of the uh whatever in the plane, the flux capacitor odometer.
Speaker 2: That we were gonna make him.
Speaker 6: Okay, don't don't don't, you know, take it easy, you know. So so it's really but and the legal system is just not you know, think about it like this too. To go back to sports, because we always it always comes back to is an analog analogized uh A A. A trial is like a football game where the referee is making the call right off sides and bounds out of bounds. An appeal is the replay booth and and and so you're you're you're looking at a set of facts and then you're reviewing it later. It's really really hard to anticipate all the calls on a field and how immediate they can be. Because you're you're also you know you you have the legal remedy of an injunction to say, look, we were reparably harmed if X, Y or Z happens. Now most of the time, you hope that it's something like judge. I have to graduate in three weeks, and if I don't walk across the stage, if the school bars me because of some shirt that I wore, I'm reparably harmed. Well, we've got time to get it. We're flying planes over the ocean.
Speaker 1: But Jeremy, Jeremy, I gotta go because the referee said, I'm at a time, but I'll be in touch and you good, good luck this afternoon. And I hope you've got settlements or acquittals between now and dinner.
Speaker 6: I'll let you know. I'll let you know if we get ten or twenty, I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, Jeremy, America's attorney Jeremy Rosenthal on seven hundred wlw Wizard.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time. It hasn't been long enough. The only reason why I'm here tonight is because my magic carper broke down out here on Young Street. I came in here to use the phone, and the next thing I know, I get sucked into joining you jokers. Well, while i'm here, let me gaze into my pulsating orb of delight. Hello, bye, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: I'm Shreve would be extremely proud of that bit.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ken. I tell you what. They don't make them like that anymore. No, they don't.
Speaker 1: And that's the problem, seg It's you know, everything is so homogenized in media anymore. You can't tell one station from the other. Correct, that's correct. I couldn't tell you it was on what station?
Speaker 2: Said?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's amazing. I think they canceled that show too. I'm not sure, but yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think they have. Yes, I used to that used to be that. That used to be the show. It was the show.
Speaker 1: Someone once described it it was like watching your grandfather get his ears pierced. Yeah, I mean that's I thought. Took that as a high call.
Speaker 2: Hey been to that? Yeah? Sure, you know, with the characters you had on that show, you and George and everybody else, you know, at least Jesse. Yeah, well we had a box Miller box. Yeah. Oh, we had uh Parl Thomas Poe Pirie of Cincinnati Media Hot Pooria, Cincinnati Media can Brew, thee as stood reporters a proud service every local Temp Star Heating in their can dealers Temp Star quality you could feel in on the East Side called Clements Heating and Air at nine three seven four four four forty four zero one smart. We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market love ken Brew for the finest meats. Trust Lear's Prime Market large selection of seafood. Also Fridays through Lent they got the hot and crispy fish sandwiches with that homemade tartar saucelito. That's the greatest. You know.
Speaker 1: You get sandwiches in their seg and they they name the sandwiches after people. And they have a sandwich in there named after Jerry Springer. Yes they do. They have a Jerry Springer Sandwich.
Speaker 2: Deluxe Deli right there, located in beautiful downtown Milford, Learsprime dot com, Lears Prime always a cut above, not far from Little Miami Brewing and one main gallery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get some beers, get some sandwiches, go in there and get some heart. Look for Jeff Henderson. It's some culture absolutely.
Speaker 2: Ncaattorney Update brought to you by ACR Gunnight Pools and Spas call today swim this year, Carl Frank He's running a special right now, ken Brew. The tournament begins tonight in Ernest Road to San Antonio. We'll start at ud Arena and Dayton. First four doubleheader tonight Alabama and Alabama State in Saint Francis, San Diego State and North Carolina at six point thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Then tomorrow night Xavier and Texas in Dayton. The action at eight forty right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: With Byron Larkin and Joe Sunders. That is correct, and then if they win, then they play on Friday right on against Illinois.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sir, bearcat so played the Blue Demons of DePaul in the first round of the New College Basketball Crown Tourney in Las Vegas on April first. Everybody's excited about that. More tonight on that Wes Miller Show Live for the original Montgomery in at eight o five right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: How about Miami getting I'm believably not.
Speaker 2: How does the n i T say we don't want the n I T said we want you.
Speaker 1: No, I mean the n I T called South Alabama and said hey, you're in, and then an hour later they called him back and said, no, I'm sorry, we made a mistake.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. I mean, Miami, they've gotten great crowds all year long. What are they worried about. It's not only that they played terrific basket correct and they take Kent State. Give me a break, and they beat Kent State. Thank you times right, thank you? Yeah? And I saw the.
Speaker 1: Athletic director up. There's a little upset about what how that transpired. Maybe maybe you need to cultivate a better relationship with with the NCAA.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean there might be time to get a little pr going higher, an outside firm and have them cultivate your image.
Speaker 2: Well you know what's gonna You know, the West Virginia governor is gonna sue the selection committee.
Speaker 1: Well he isn't that guy's now it's kind of like Trump wants to impeach this this, this judge in d C. It's not it's not gonna happen. What's the NCAA going to say to West Virginia? Oh sorry, sorry, you.
Speaker 2: Next Dayton Flyers are on the road tomorrow night at Florida Atlantic in the first round of the n I T. New York Times ken Brew is a reporting that the current UCLA head coach and former UC Bearcat coach Mick Cronin is a dark horse candidate now for the Villanova vacancy.
Speaker 1: Villanova Villanova, Well, that's interesting. What's going on at UCLA doesn't like?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, you know, names are popping up all over the place when somebody, you know, I mean, how many times has Sean Miller's name come up? Whenever you know a big school is letting go of their coach. That's normal. I think I say so too. He said he's doing I mean, he's doing a great job out there. I mean, just look at the money you can generate in Los Angeles. B A v At a small school in Philadelphia then go.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think that's a job you take.
Speaker 2: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals got that press conference now today at three thirty. What happened? It was supposed to be a two I don't think these I think they overslept Jamar Chase and T Higgins. I think they were in line at the bank.
Speaker 1: You don't think Mike Brown's having second thoughts, do you?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Onree thirty you'll be hearing it on ESPN fifteen thirty because we got Reds Baseball. The Bengals may be favorites ken Brew, according to reports, to be the Miami Dolphins opponent and Madrid Spain next this coming season. That's the old label. The Bengals haven't played an international game since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Wow, so they'd Madrid like Madrid Spain, Madrid Missouri, correct Spain.
Speaker 2: Because I get well, the Dolphins and Bengals are going to play, they may end up over in Spain versus here.
Speaker 1: Well, that does that mean the Bengals lose a home game? Are they supposed to play the Dolphins here?
Speaker 2: Or they can go bing go they lose a home I think I think they do.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would be up in arms if I was the hem and County Commission on that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure Lisha Reese will get ahold of Roger Goodell and sue them too.
Speaker 1: That's you know, that's that's lost revenue for the county.
Speaker 7: Right there.
Speaker 2: The Reds and Angels meet today. Nick Lodolo gets the start, three thirty five RNL carriers inside pitch here on seven hundred WLW. There's Reds are out to snap a seven game tack this league losing streak. Have they won a game in March yet? I believe so? About three weeks ago. They managed this one hit against Cleveland pitching last night and who that out feels a little rough right now? The baseball season began earlier this morning, ken Brew in Tokyo, Japan. Remember what it used to begin in Cincinnati? Correct? How the hell is the beginning in Tokyo now? Because baseball wants to become a worldwide game.
Speaker 1: Remember when they had the Reds open on I think they had the Reds open on a Thursday night, right, and March didn't even recognize exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like around Easter or something.
Speaker 1: Right, And then they say they played the next day.
Speaker 2: It was the day game. So well, this is our opening day we're gonna I mean it was yeah.
Speaker 1: So now and now it's in Tokyo, Okay, Yeah, Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Meet the Cubs four to one. Strong pitching by the Dodgers got it done. I watched I got up and watch some of that game. So and then of course Saturday and horse racing. It's the seven hundred and seventy seven thousand dollars Jeff Ruby Stakes at Turfoy Park, Poster and California Burrito had a field of twelve horses entered for the day, Saturday's big running of the race.
Speaker 1: They select post positions, I think Thursday, don't they I believe so normally that's when that happens. And ken Brew going. I don't know who. I want to know who figures this out.
Speaker 2: But of course Jamar Chase got that gigantic you know, contract extensions along with Higgins. And now everybody's up in arms that they're saying the Bengals pay too much, But they were complaining before that the Bengals weren't getting anything done. So have you heard anybody given Bengals management credit for this?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: You know what it's other.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's O there's other people's money. Who cares?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: That's the way they want to spend their money. Fine. Secondly, you got your your quarterback. Who's the best quarterback in franchise?
Speaker 2: History.
Speaker 1: Thank you running around the country saying we got to sign Higgins, we got to sign Chase.
Speaker 2: What do I do not Yeah and tick him off? Yeah, you got to keep him happy. But the next four years, jamar Chase, he's going to make a dollar and twenty eight per second, one dollar and twenty eight cents per second, seventy six dollars per minute, Yes, per day, he's going to make one hundred and ten thousand dollars. Now that was your salary at twelve. That's exactly what I understand.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I made a channel seven hundred and seventy four thousand per week before. That's when you jumped to Channel five. Exactly right. But this is all before taxes.
Speaker 2: Three point three million Chase will make per month? Was that when you did that action auction? Well I went to DC Oh okay, that's right. Oh, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of living. Maybe he went at Penhouse near the White House and there you live. Ye okay, that's so I was known, that was known as Penthouse magazine. Ken, So I got I gotta go, I gotta go, seg because uh, because we got to sell these spots. You got these spots in no doubt about that, So seg you'll be back in a few minutes.
Speaker 2: We'll talk some more ken Brew and honor of a beautiful day here in the Tri State, and March Madness is underway with Ted McKay. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 1: We're sorry about your carpet breaking down today, but we gotta go. We're pressed for time, but honestly, it was good to see you again.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming in. Appreciate it. Yeah, seeing you is about his pleasant as being with Willie every day. I gotta go. My carpet is fixed and I'm headed for the fast lane in ten minutes. It's the Wizard's weekly group therapy with his harem. You know what I'm saying, stop doing that. If you see those veils of swaying. Wow, Wow, glad. I was glad that show is under Save Harbord. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It's amazing that we didn't lose the license.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: It's amazing we don't lose the license on a daily place in this place.
Speaker 7: Seven hundred WELWA.
Speaker 1: Wait News Radio seven hundred WLW. The average American in for the great American on this Tuesday, Reds Baseball on the horizon at three thirty today, as we count out to opening day, Opening day now just one week from this Thursday. Stand by for all of that, stand by for all of this. AI is really a great thing. It can be used for so many different things that makes our lives here on Earth a lot better, not the least of which in medicine. Great strides are being made in medicine because of AYI. Things like cancer detection, things like potential cancers. There are a lot of programs out there, a lot of facilities you can go to where you can be pre tested to see if you are disposed to a certain kind of cancer that might be out there. And women breast cancer and men it might be something like colorecto cancer. There are a lot of things that AI is making great strides in medically and there are other things too. A lot of businesses have gone to AI. You'll get a virtual assistant when you try and figure out a problem with a product that you purchase may not be working right. AI is there. You can log on to a website and find out what's going on. If you're researching something, of course, you better be careful if you're researching something, because AI is only as good as the material that's put and put into it. And oftentimes there are people with an agenda that may put things into research material. But AI can help as you research a particular topic. It has been used a lot in academia. It has been used a lot for other things in academia like cheating. A lot of students figured out, hey, why do I have to write this paper. I can get AI to do it for me. And it is also something that is very, very dangerous. There is now a thing called voice cloning. It's been around for a while, but it's really really been refined here in the last few years because of AI and what it is in I guess in a nutshell is if your voice exists anywhere, if it exists on an answering machine, for example, an AI product could take that and flip that into a deceptive message that can be transmitted in your voice anybody that's in this medium. It could happen. Somebody could record me talking for fifteen minutes and all of a sudden, they can make my voice say anything to a script they may write. There are no I suppose boundaries when it comes to that the federal government is trying to stay on top of it. But the Federal Trade Commission, whom you would think would have some sort of authority over this, they don't have any specific data on voice cloning scams. About eight hundred and fifty thousand imposter scams were reported in twenty twenty four. That doesn't mean it was only eight hundred and forty five. The number was far greater than that, and anybody can fall victim to it. A false message in the voice of a loved one, maybe looking for money or help of some kind. Those things are becoming more and more prevalent because of AI. So what do we do about this? Well, we turn to people that hopefully know these things and can help us. And I think we've got somebody here.
Speaker 2: He is the.
Speaker 1: CEO of PCA Technology Solutions. There's a company that specializes in cybersecurity and data protection, and he is Ted Klauser, and he's kind enough to carve out some time today for us here on seven hundred W wellw Ted, how are you on this glorious Tuesday.
Speaker 5: I'm doing fantastic. Thanks for having me, Ken, I'm.
Speaker 1: Glad you're here. Okay. AI is great in the right hands, AI in the wrong hands can be what I just described in your opinion. How prevalent is this problem, this voice cloning, voice scamming problem.
Speaker 5: I think it's very much a concern in today's world, and you mentioned it earlier, You and I simply having this conversation on air puts us at risk. And in today's world, we cannot trust the things that we see or the things that we hear without some sort of extra way to verify. So we're in a season or we're in a world now where we hear a message, we can't just believe that it's authentic without somehow confirming it. Because the technology allows us to create things that we just couldn't create three to five years ago.
Speaker 1: And so here we have what are these imposter scams. For a lot of years, my son was an assistant prosecutor here in Hamilton County and one of the jobs that he had while he worked in that office was starting up this I guess this elder law, this elder abuse law program, and he would go to various retirement centers and just explain what we're talking about right now. And when he explained it to me, I was dumbfounded. He said, you know, you could just write out a script for an hour radio show and just plug AI into it and it would come out in your voice. And I said to him, well, what if somebody else wrote a script and use my voice and made that anything that they want me to say?
Speaker 2: Said?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, the technology exists, he said, but it's really a problem for elderly because they don't understand and by elderly, i'm talking the plus sixty five crowd don't understand AI and B. They don't understand how someone could take their voice and make it sound or make it say something that they don't mean. These granny scams that are out there. So what you and I are talking about and what he did, basically is a major problem for anybody sixty five or older that might have children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, whomever, whose voices can be cloned to try and scam that elderly person out of money, whether it be for bail or loan or whatever it may be. That's the target demo. I think that's most at risk. Would you agree?
Speaker 5: I would certainly agree. And I think if you think about the fear and uncertainty in doubt that could be created by a loved one, a grandchild, a nephew and niece calling in despair. Right in a situation where they need immediate help, You're going to want to act quickly, and the first thing that I would say is stop. The likelihood of that happening is very slim, but in the event it's possible. You want to use a second method to try to confirm. Send a text message, put that person on hold, stall them, and call the person directly on a number that you know to be able to confirm is this real? We are in a world where you, unfortunately have to assume it's not true before you do something and act swiftly in the wrong manner.
Speaker 1: What about sitting down with someone who might be a parent or a grandparent, if if they're still in your life, and you say, look, this is out there. It's more prevalent than what it was. What you just suggested, Ted, I think is phenomenal. But if you ever get a phone call from me, I will use a quote unquote word or phrase so you know it's really from me.
Speaker 2: What about something like that?
Speaker 5: I think that that is a great technique, and obviously education is portant, right, you know, I've had conversation with my father and my mother who are still alive but are aging to say, you are not going to get a call from you know, a situation like that, It's highly unlikely. And then you've got to rally people that are loved ones around them to help coach because you're exactly right, they are are falling subject to this simply because it's new, because it is really really good, the technology is making it really believable, and just because unfortunately they're vulnerable. So we have to protect our elderly and the older generation that just isn't used to this technology.
Speaker 2: You know, we've said we've seen.
Speaker 1: It in in politics, I mean President Biden's voice clone, fake robo calls in during the primary season, there was a fake Kamala Harris ad that featured a phony voice, and celebrities too that have been been scammed because of this. So I guess the question is what can you do? I mean, it's literally, I mean you're having a conversation with me right now, Ted, and somebody says, ah, you know what, I'm gonna screw Ted. I'm going to grab his voice from this interview and I'm going to use it for some nefarious reason. How do you stop it.
Speaker 5: You don't, unfortunately, And you know, I was actually thinking as you were saying, Ken, I was sort of laughing myself of how do we even know we're talking to each other for real?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: We live unfortunately in a world that is that it's that confusing. So you've got to try to build your own story, right. So if I saw something or someone saw something that was my words or in your case, your words, if we were using you as an example, we have to look at some of our past historical characters to say, does this sound like something they would do? So we're trying to develop a story. You know, I'm always trying to strike a balance of putting too much information out there versus just the right amount. But what I want to do is tell a story so that if something were to happen like that, you could go back and see what. I look at the character of this person and it doesn't seem to allie. So you want to try to tell the narrative more now than ever, because you don't want the narrative told in a way that is really determined or harmful to you. And that's that's a hard one. It's a really hard one to balance.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do a primer for anybody that's out there wondering, hey, how can I get it on this action?
Speaker 2: But how does it work? Do you have to you have.
Speaker 1: To buy a an AI piece of software. I mean chat GPT was out there for a while and now there are several others that are out there.
Speaker 2: But how is it done?
Speaker 5: There are software that's out there, and what you do is simply uploaded recordings of persons voices. You can also do it with face. The challenge I think is these companies are not putting in a way currently and I hope that that changes soon. The way to really confirm that you have permission. We're about to do an AI event where I asked the person permission to be able to clone their voice and image as part of the presentation, and they gave me permission. But there's nothing other than the ethical responsibility that required me to do that. We need these software companies to require it. You shouldn't be allowed or be able to upload anybody's voice or picture or video without their permission. Now, unfortunately, in the dark web, criminals don't really care about that. So we have that challenge as well to battle. But for sure, we want organizations to require some form of identity or some for permission before you're just able to use my voice or your voice.
Speaker 1: And again, listening to what you just said, it kind of reminds me about Internet, Facebook, and X or anything else. I mean, there are not a lot of guardrails on any of those. Well, there are more guardrails now than what there were when they first came into existence, where you could say virtually anything up there about any one because they were not subject to the same kind of scrutiny as over the air networks or even cable television networks.
Speaker 2: The FCC.
Speaker 1: Limited of any control over these social media platforms when they first came out. So I'm just thinking when you're saying that that the legal challenges to companies like we just mentioned, I would imagine those companies would fight back tooth and nail on anything that would be brought before them in terms of a lawsuit or government action to try and put in these guardrails. I don't think they'll go quietly into the night, do you.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I think we have some ethical responsibilities though, as society to help put these guardrails in and help really work alongside them. We want the technology, we want it in a way that's safe and protective. Generative AI really changed everything when it hit the wild two or three years ago, mostly with chat TBT, but now you have a players in the mix. It has allowed us to do things that the speed and only thought was not possible as of five to seven years ago. I still remember our certified fical hacker telling me probably seven or eight years ago, if you have a fifteen character password, they'll take eight hundred thousand years to crack, and things of that nature. They're not true anymore. They are not true anymore. The things they are possible now are just they're really blowing our minds, and we need to be able to manage it in a way to protect people.
Speaker 1: But the conundrum is is we can do that or try to do that in the United States put in these guardrails, but there's no guarantee that you know, these these these AI companies in China or India or anyplace else will play along with us. It's like the great It's like it's like clean air. You know, we can have the cleanest air in the United States, but if other industrial nations aren't playing the same game. It really doesn't matter what kind of air we have here in the United States. Same way with this, Now we can put in all these guardrails and have all of these responsibilities that these companies take on through good practices and things like that. But you and I both know you mentioned the dark web. It's I'm not even talking about the dark Web. I'm talking about companies based in foreign countries like China and India. So how do we combat that.
Speaker 5: I think that you try to set up walls and boundaries. I've spoken to a few different people over the past couple of months about deep Seak, which is the Chinese AI company that really came in and rippled our economy just for a couple of days, just with some fear and doubt. But I'm not sure why we need to utilize a tool like that in the United States when we have our own tools. And so I think we want to look at that approach to say, Okay, let's use the tools that are being built inside of America's fortress and let's better those. And then unfortunately, we are going to have to try to create some cyber walls to be able to regulate what's coming in and out. Aside from the dark web, We've got to have a way to say, Okay, this meets the standards that we believe it needs to meet in order to even communicate. And I'm not necessarily suggesting that we should go as far as as China goes, but I know I was in China last year and it's it's its own closed network, right, It's not as open as we're used to, and we have to look at least some measure of that.
Speaker 1: Ted Klaus are our guests, and we're talking about deep fake cybersecurity and also these granny scams that are going on where people are being duped by AI and these these fake calls that mirror the person on the other end that sounds like a you know, a loved one or a father or a son or a grandson or something like that. Ted, by the way, technology and cybersecurity expert, and you can find them at PCA tech Solutions dot com. PCA tech Solutions dot com. Okay, bottom line to all of this, I guessed Ted, is you know, sit down and talk, you know, talk about father to mother to son and daughter, father and mother to grandson to whatever it may be. Just have a conversation that this is out there. If there's really a problem that you're in, we either use a phrase or a word.
Speaker 2: Or you know.
Speaker 1: Just as you mentioned, I think it's great put the call on hold and call me back on my cell to see if this is exactly what's going on. I think that's the bottom line. You got to be proactive, and I think that's what you're.
Speaker 5: Espousing absolutely, And I love the code word. I think it's a great discussion to have around the dinner table and really protect the entire family.
Speaker 1: Ted, good stuff. Thanks for the info and good luck trying to keep us all safe.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it, my pleasure.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: There, you go, Ted Klauser.
Speaker 1: But it's true, I mean, and it does target the older demo sixty five plus because I mean, let's face it, the sixty five seventy eighty year old crowd, they're not as tech savvy as the younger. It's just the way it is. It's what happens you get older. You really don't want to get too involved in something that's new. Somebody else will take care of it for me, whatever.
Speaker 2: It may be.
Speaker 1: And that's where the majority of people are getting duped. But again AI is great, use the right way. Unfortunately there are no guardrails for it yet in this country. And this is one of the fallout from that two twenty six News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: There has been thought, I believe given to this. Senator Ron Wyden has already issued statements, for example, advising what we should do in situation like this, which I concur which is that I believe that the Biden administration should ignore this ruling. I think that we know the courts have the legitimacy and they rely on the legitimacy of their rulings, and what they are currently doing is engaged in an unprecedented and dramatic erosion of the legiti see of the courts. It is the justices themselves, through the deeply partisan and unfounded nature of these rulings, that are undermining their own enforcements.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying the Biden administration should ignored this court, But what does that look like?
Speaker 2: What does that actually mean?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 9: I think the interesting thing when it comes to a ruling is that it relies on enforcement, and it is up to the Biden administration to enforce, to choose whether or not to enforce such a ruling.
Speaker 2: But is that.
Speaker 10: Hello, Ban, I'm broadcasting, so have you ever ignored a court ruling?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, But I guess that's the reason why I guess Biden lost. Whatever that lady was saying, I have no idea what that was. A word salad city with a French dressing on it or something. What the heck oh is she said? AOC? It's another one of those.
Speaker 1: Knitwith talk shows that are on cable TV. I don't pay any attention to those things. And you know what, everybody's up in arms about Trump and he you know, divided some some judge in a district in Washington, d C. You know what, it's happened before, It's gonna happen again. Right, they'll get in front of it. They'll He'll send his lawyers up there to peer in front of this guy on Friday.
Speaker 2: This guy will yell and.
Speaker 1: Scream and the Loyals will defend Trump and it's going to.
Speaker 2: Go nowhere, correct nowhere?
Speaker 1: And then you know, Trump says, well, look, get to the Supreme Court. Well, John Roberts hates Donald Trump. You know he ha't Donald Trump because Trump put him through two impeachments when he was present, he didn't want, didn't want anything to do with it, particularly the one time where he had to actually leave the Supreme Court and go into the Capitol and sit there and do do a job.
Speaker 2: Remember he had to sit there and do a job. Those guys make, those guys got it made, you know.
Speaker 1: And all he wanted to do at that point was, you know, go out for a cocktail and then go to one of those Washington DC parties that I absolutely loathed when I lived there.
Speaker 2: Ken Brew, thee is stooge reporters of proud service of your local teme Star heating and air conditioning dealers, tame star quality you can feel in beautiful northern Kentucky. Called Tom Recton Heating and air Conditioning at eight five nine, two six, one eighty two sixty nine. Thank you Roxy. The Reds Update. The Reds will be out to snap that seven game Cactus League losing streak today, ken Brew. Yes, against those Angels three point five coming up with the Angels, don't hit are no Angels? Three thirty five of the Arnell carriers inside pitch, you're on seven hundred WLW. Then after the game, Yeah, it's the Hot Stove League. Tell you you got baseball, baseball, and baseball all afternoon and into the early evening.
Speaker 1: So they're going to do the game out there, and then all of a sudden the game ends and they sit there and they do the hot Steve.
Speaker 2: Lake from out there. Ain't got nothing else to do. What are they going to do?
Speaker 1: Right? They don't care? Right, they don't What are they going.
Speaker 6: To do about Cincinnati?
Speaker 2: What a team?
Speaker 1: I don't think so back, okay, but what are they going to do Otherwise? They're out there, they go find a cactus and look at it. Of course they're going to do the inside pitch him out there.
Speaker 2: I think that's what YID does. NCAA Tournament Update brought to you by A C R. Gunny Pools and Spas call today swim this year, Carl Frank. He's got that special running Frank. NCAA Tournament begins tonight in Ernest. The Road to San Antonio, can Brew begins at U D Arena and beautiful day in the Home of the Gems. That's right, first four doubleheader at Alabama State and Saint Francis and San Diego State and North Carolina. Beautiful Hair arena. They were in the IHL. That's right, that was before the IHL. We remember nowhere else but Hara. That's right.
Speaker 1: Hey, seg I got something. Can you listen to this for me?
Speaker 2: Go ahead? We know this song little musical interlude.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is Maroon five from two thousand and four, duty Queen of You know who the lead singer was, right, Adam Levine? Yes, about to say that he's on one of those shows where they judge people singing and things like that voice or something.
Speaker 2: The boys they got too many of those shows.
Speaker 1: Got talent. I got talent American Idol seventy five thousand or something like that. Anyway, Adam Levine today turns forty six years old.
Speaker 2: Dude looking forty six years How about that ken Brew good singer.
Speaker 1: They were hot there for a while about twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're that hot right now, but you know they're one of those acts that can go on the road and get a crowd.
Speaker 2: Xavier in Texas tomorrow night, Longhorns and Muskies. Do you think they're war A Dayton? I think no, Yeah, she will be loves. I think that's what they're doing. I just wanted to point that out that he's forty six years old. Please continue, okay, and the action will be right here on seven underd WLW. Those Bearcats, Yes, we're in the postseason ken Brew Las Vegas, April first, there a new college basketball crown tourney.
Speaker 1: They were out the door and down the street to see that tournament.
Speaker 2: Bearcats and DePaul the Blue Demons more than I we s Miller's show Live from the Orige of Montgomery in at eight oh five, right here on seven hundred WW So Dayton, go ahead, let me get this straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after the n i T crowns its championship, right champion, yep, And in the middle of the NCAA tournament crowning it's champion, right A tournament begins correct in Las Vegas? That would be if I'm not mistaken. That's one week after the transfer portal, which.
Speaker 2: Means they may not have enough players. They might not have enough players to play. They may pull a marshall like the Dallas Mavericks. What they may have to forfeit. They don't have enough players right, well of them are hurt. I'm just put the portal is open.
Speaker 1: Who to say any of these teams that are playing at that time would have enough players to go out there and play in.
Speaker 2: Something like that. We'll see. These are questions that need to be asked. Sick Well. The Dayton Flyers are on the road tomorrow night, Ken Brew and Mike McConnell at Florida State in the first round of the n I T Bengals Update. Right do you buy spirits and party town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky the best bourbon selection anywhere, I'll take your word for it. Arriving by private plane just a little while ago, Oh, Jamar Chase T. Higgins at the airport. They're on their way with Ted McKay to sign their Monster contract extensions.
Speaker 1: So they were somewhere. They're not from the same area of the world, so they like were on vacation with each other.
Speaker 2: I don't know they got they got off this private plane together, so I don't know. Yeah, three point thirty is the big press conference, forty five minutes from now. It's going to be on ESPN fifteen thirty. Yeah, Hey, listen to this seg go ahead, remember this song. I'm gonna play this song for you, Remember Elvis? Yeah, in Love the King, you got a birthday today?
Speaker 1: No, the guy that wrote this song was a guy named Dennis Linde. He actually plays the guitar at the beginning of the song Burning Love, and had he been alive today, he'd be eighty two years old, but he croaked back in two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: All right, how about that. You could win a barber with that man. You know kids Dennis Lynn. I was watching the other night ken Brew and w ce T. Yeah, all those they bring, they have those sick you know, they they try to get you. You know, they sit there and have those CDs and DVDs of you know, great artists from the past. Yeah. Absolutely, I mean that, you know that brings back some memories to me. I mean those shows are geared towards like the over eighty crowd does an That's why I'm watching. Well, I think those people just scream from getting up there.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm not sure anybody buys those things.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but anybody under the pretty remarkable to see some of those people still. I mean, Frankie Valley was on there. He's won like one hundred and eighty five years old, and he's belting it out like as nothing. No, I mean Frankie for Frankie is still there. I think he's coming to town. Hollywood Casino. Yeah, yeah, a couple on stage. He's eighty something. Swear to god, he'd be out there. They'll be singing it. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: By the way, if Elvis was alive today, what am I saying? Of course he's alive today, he's he just turned ninety. How about that turn ninety out there in Encino, California.
Speaker 2: I bet you he would still be on stage. Ken Bruce, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, those jumpsuits, all those.
Speaker 2: Look at all these other bands that are like the final tour, Well they come back, what three four months later, We're going to have another tour, and another one and another one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The problem with Elvis is his final tour was in his bathroom.
Speaker 2: That's where Elvis fright. Final final concert was in Marcus Square Arena in Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: Right, and the night before they were in Cincinnati. Yeah that's true. Oh yeah, Seg, all these this information were else are you going to get it besides right here?
Speaker 2: Well you're the music man, you're the musical genius. I'm just saying, Seg, they got to sign guards right. The Bengals have got two wide receivers. They had to keep those two guys because they had to keep Burrow happy, and they got to You got to keep your best players. And you think they're going to keep Hendrickson now, well, I think they have to. That's true. I think they do too.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem is this team doesn't historically draft very well. For every Joe Burrow, there's a Jackson Carman, you know. And they only have six draft picks this year. So if they don't sign Trey Hendrickson, they got six draft picks to get a couple of safeties, a couple of linebackers, couple of guards, and another edge rusher.
Speaker 2: They better choose, but choose wisely.
Speaker 1: If they do trade Trey Hendrickson, they'll get draft picks, extra draft picks, correct, But they knew they would still have yet another hole in their lineup with him.
Speaker 2: So there is that conundrum. Well, unless they bring out the green salad of salvation to somebody, ken Brew, Well, there's you know a free agency.
Speaker 1: You know, you got all those players tying up a lot of your your cash right there. That's true, right, But the other thing, nothing matters unless Joe Burrow stays on his feet, right, am?
Speaker 2: I right about this? That's correct.
Speaker 1: If Joe Burrow is constantly on his back looking up at.
Speaker 2: The stars, not good, not happening.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: The other problem to seg is they're bringing back the band. They're just rounded up the band from last year, and it wasn't good enough last year. So that this is the conundrum that they have themselves in. Everybody's running around. Oh they got Higgins, they got Chase. Hey, watch out now, Well hang on a second, cowboy, it's which you had last year.
Speaker 2: And another thing is you can't get oh to three at the start of the season.
Speaker 1: Well maybe that's their philosophy. You know, it doesn't matter how much money we spend as as long as we start better than we have historically under Zach Taylor they've been they don't get it going until what about the third or fourth game of the season, and by then.
Speaker 2: They wake up your down October. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So I'm just saying, I mean, I'm one who is is you know? I've said, you know, you got to get your best players, you got to keep your best players. But your best players last year weren't good enough, so you got to you gotta go out there and and spend to make sure that what you couldn't do last year, which was in most cases block tackle, you got to get better at that.
Speaker 2: Right, That's true. You're right, and the end of story. Yep, am I tried. I'm just trying to be realistic about this. I know where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope so. I'm glad somebody does so.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? Is that it is sports? I think so, ken Brew. Nothing else going on, not that I know of.
Speaker 1: Well, is it possible, you know, as likely as I think it might be, it might be unlikely for you to get us out of the Stewge Report.
Speaker 2: Ken Brew, and honor of a beautiful day here in the tri State in March Madness. The tournament begins tonight. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stewed Report. Hey, thanks for having me on, guys. I've checked the deels and ratings, and it's about time you had me back instead of them battle out Mouse you've had on the past couple of weeks. So more because the people love the Wizard, you know what I'm saying. I'll see you guys later.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know they do they do these these ratings you know segan show late night.
Speaker 2: It was late night.
Speaker 1: They do these ratings and they break it down demographically, like you know, women twenty five to sixty four, men eighteen to forty nine and all that, they break it all down. We were extremely popular with people that were sitting on their couch eating Dorito's and smoking bloods. We were number one in our time period.
Speaker 2: And we thanked them for watching.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean because we played right into what their wheelhouse was all.
Speaker 2: About it and how many sales of Channel five did you get through that a lot? By the show's still on. Well, you know they think, no, it's not, No, it's not on No.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 1: No, I left Channel five. They canceled the thing. I think the minute those were the day you know.
Speaker 2: What they had to bring that, Yeah, you had to play the best. They had to have the best of sports rock right on Channel five.
Speaker 1: Right exactly on me TV right because that's what Channel five wants to do is put me on the air on that channel again. Yeah, that's there. They're just waiting for the day of.
Speaker 2: For that to put it on late after spend gold years those monster.
Speaker 1: Movies, all right, seg I need to I'll be back in. I don't know what the hell's happening tomorrow, but i'll be back on Thursday. All right, be back in and talk to you on Thursday. You'll be here on Thursday, I'll be here. Well, let's be thankful for the little things in life.
Speaker 2: Yes weekday, sig, same to you, can brew, talk to you later.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, we are now just eight minutes away and change from the hour of three o'clock on news radio seven hundred WYLW