Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Happy Friday. It's Game Spot after Dark, the show that closes out your perfectly normal, average week that we have all had. I am your host, John le Scipe, doing just fine, feeling happened normal, Nothing happened, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Nothing happened. It was a perfectly normal week. My head's in the sand. What could happen?
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, exactly, the tides coming in. Who can say, Uh, Jake Decker, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: You know, hanging in there?
Speaker 3: Okay, I am doing great, great. I'm thinking about pizza is a very brave I mean, you can't eat pizza because.
Speaker 4: You're working that.
Speaker 2: No, I can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've already got something on that.
Speaker 1: I can see your I thought you were gonna say because of Nig's like airy allergy, but you're like, no, no, he's trying to get me. Oh I see, I see what's happening. He's trying to get I was ready this time. It was.
Speaker 4: You weren't ready for ship. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: It's getting to the point where I the fucker will start to get fucked. I can't. I can't. I do all the tricks I've had up my sleep, but don't you worry. I know how to I know how to shuffle deck of cards now thanks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah a while you saw me do it and I was like, what the fuck? He can do what I gotta?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so now I can do it, but I'll prove it.
Speaker 2: We should, uh, we should play King's Corner. It's been a while. Let's stream that. Yeah, let's do a King's Corner stream. That sounds great.
Speaker 4: Yeah we did.
Speaker 3: We didn't install the uh, we have a camera that's installed in the ceiling to look down directly so you can get a bird's eye view and even see our cards, but we.
Speaker 4: Can't see the other card.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah, yeah, I call those kind of games. Yeah, analog games.
Speaker 3: That makes sense, right, Yeah, yeah, because I tried saying like, oh, board games are analog games, and I remember, I think was Lucy James was like, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 4: It was like, it's not, it's not.
Speaker 2: They're not video games, but they're games. They're analog games. You hold them with your hand. Yeah that's yeah, let's just do analog games streams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, thank you, absolutely, yeah, and we'll call it analog. Let's play analog games.
Speaker 2: Let's play analog games. Uh so, yeah, it's been a week.
Speaker 1: We actually got a lot to talk about. There's been, it's it's been. There's a lot going on this week. And I'm not just talking about the big news. There's been a lot of games, other games that I feel like have not maybe been quite in the site.
Speaker 4: Guys, I talk about the unfortunate for them. They're embargo is landed. Yeah, they kind of picked on a mysterious embargo that Nintendo had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they picked a weird paster direct. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I so, we We've covered on on the site, on Game Spot, on the Power Block, we've covered the Nintendo switch to stuff a lot. So I don't necessarily want to do like a whole big breakdown of it on here. But I guess there is that big news today where we don't we don't know what the price is going to be in the US, kind of unprecedented.
Speaker 2: They like did pre orders to figure out how they're going to.
Speaker 3: Reprice this console. I mean again, their direct to happen on the day yea, that right being revealed, But even then they were super cagey in the first place of showing what the price was.
Speaker 1: Even during that direct, they didn't show it in the direct, which I assume is because they recorded a few days and they waited until the last minute. But I do find it interesting that they they didn't even hold off for like another day. So, but I don't know, it seems like they maybe just didn't anticipate. I mean, no one anticipated how high and brutal the teriffs are, so.
Speaker 2: Especially in like areas, that they didn't think what tariffs would hit, right. Yeah, it was kind of a shock, to be honest. I don't know what else to say about.
Speaker 1: It, because there's everyone has an opinion on Everyone has an opinion on it, and also like we just we don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also believe that everyone it's I have. I have pretty I have my own opinions and feelings about its price. I am not on the side of people who are complaining about it. I think it's I actually feel like it's quite an appropriate price in the market compared to how much everything else is in this industry. But I am also empathetic to that everyone has different situations in their life and different finals concerns.
Speaker 1: But hopefully I think it's totally fine to be like disappointed and being like, oh man, I wanted to get it, but like I just I can't.
Speaker 2: But like that that's understandable. Yeah, be upset about it, I.
Speaker 3: Guess, just don't you know, people are being too vocally complaining about it. And I think people have been spoiled with the idea of what things are valued at in general, especially when it comes to games and media and movies, because we live in a service subscribed world and a place where games like Fortnite are free, and therefore people just think that things should be priced differently or for be free. Sure, so the concept of actually paying for a game like my cart World that's eighty dollars, paying a price for that is like.
Speaker 4: What I've I've been going a decade and have not spent that much.
Speaker 2: I've been playing this game for free and getting free updates and so on and so forth. So I'm just saying I'm empathetic to people who have to deal with that stuff. I was to think, like the price of sixty dollars video games like hung around for.
Speaker 4: A long grossly.
Speaker 2: Two considering how expensive it is to make games now compared to uh, you know, fifteen years ago, twenty years ago. Like it's yeah, it's it's pretty sizable. But I also I get the frustration, you know, like we're in a situation where, like I mean, I still pay for a lot of games. I still pay for a lot of my consoles, but I don't pay for all of them. Sometimes they get sent to me or sometimes I'm able to expense, you know.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I just like, I straight up would not have as many games if it wasn't for this job.
Speaker 4: I got my consoles then, uh, but never forget.
Speaker 3: I bought that PS five, I bought my place and only paid for the twenty seven dollars reservation fee that Walmart gave because Walmart never charged me the amount of money afterword right, and I felt got over because I fucking hate that console, and around me, I watched everyone else be like I can't get one either if they're out of stock or they can't afford it, and I was like, fucking shit, twenty some dollars.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I kind of fucking hate this thing.
Speaker 2: I honestly think the only console I've never paid for was and paid for it was my Xbox Series X. And I've been here since. I paid for my PS four, I paid for my Xbox One, I paid for my Xbox Series S because I couldn't get an Xbox Series X initially. So I just got a Series S. Paid for my switch. I paid for my switch, my switch light, and my switch o legs. Yeah, so like I was, Yeah, I yeah, I paid for my Oculus. I've paid for paid for all my PCs I've built.
Speaker 4: I haven't got a console for free while working here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just the Xbox Series X that I got.
Speaker 3: I think the main privilege is like being able to get to borrow stuff from the office if you need it, like a PSVR too.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, like it is her job, but it is also a privilege for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of inside baseball, I guess.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, sorry, you don't need you know, you don't need to hear us being like, well, like that's so fucking stupid.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I I I get the frustration about the cost of all this stuff. It's likely going to go up even more.
Speaker 4: Hope, we don't know call that.
Speaker 2: I think it could. It could. It's very likely that it goes up more.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And if it goes up more because of you know, the current administration, that really fucking sucks. It really sucked playing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it'll also get some people to actually pay attention.
Speaker 2: And like understand the value of what it is they're buying, Yeah, and why they're buying, in the value of their lives and what they're voting for. Yeah, very silver lining.
Speaker 1: But anyway, let's move on from all that nonsense for now, talk about some some video games. I want to go not analog games, not analog games, video games, digital games. Kurt, I want to go to you first, Hi, because we had the fine folks moon Hood moon Hood of the Midnight Walk in the studio a few weeks ago, and the embargo for that just lifted. If you go to game spots YouTube channel, there is a very long extended gameplay demo that you did with the developers where you get to see that game. Please explain the honest what that game is and why it looks sick.
Speaker 3: So if for those of you who don't know, Midnight Walk is a completely hand made game, but it's it's still a three D analog It's actually yeah, in a way, it is analog assets. Every single thing in that game is completely handmade, which it isn't entirely novel because we had games like Harold Hall a bit sure. The difference is that with the like the standout thing with Midnight Walk is that they're over seven hundred assets that are made by hand of a team of about like sixteen people. And this stuff doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of whether the game is interesting or not.
Speaker 4: It's just a really cool context.
Speaker 3: And they it is described as, in their own words, a cozy horror game, and if I guess, if I had to draw comparison, what that means is kind of like Over the Garden Wall sort of style like cozy horror, not as goofy and cartoony as whimsies Over the Garden Wall is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Midnight Walk does feel.
Speaker 2: Very very dark and very serious in its tones, but those tones still have a whimsiness to them, kind of like a like a like a very variability.
Speaker 1: Would I be correct in uh naming like Corpse Bride or yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I think specifically that I think more so.
Speaker 3: I mean obviously Tim Burns a thing, but I think Henry Seleek, who directed yes, like Coreline unfortunately, uh because game sucks.
Speaker 2: Oh I actually didn't know that. Oh yeah, yeah, that's like because I was like I thought that movie was fine.
Speaker 3: No, I think, I mean, I love and that book was my favorite book as a child for like years.
Speaker 4: But Henry Selick directed that film. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Denounce that people actually put work into things that are good, despite the people who made them that are who are monsters. But Henry Selk also was the director of Night Before Christmas was the director James The Giant Peach and did Monkey Bone, which is like half stop motion and then half live action with Bren.
Speaker 2: I love James and the Giant Peach. That on it to me is like, oh, it's so creepy.
Speaker 3: Of course is a Tim Burton joint through and through sure, But no, I think, I mean, I think if like that's the easiest, Like it's like dark Child, like a child, It's like dark cartoony world. But the Midnight Walk you play as this uh we were able to get I was able to see like forty minutes of the game like up close and personal, and you it's a first person horror game where you plays.
Speaker 4: Like I forget what they're called, like the Awoken One or something.
Speaker 3: You like, come into this world and it's this dark, twisted, fucked up place and you basically have to befriend this little pot boy He's named pop Boy, and he lights fires around this world and allows you to kind of understand what's going on. It's very fairy tale heavy, very dark fairy tale. But the game will like was terrifying. Like we were playing it here and I was like, it has just such like a dark, intense mood and vibe to it despite being like completely handmade and really whimsy.
Speaker 4: And uh in that way.
Speaker 3: But anyways, I can't wait for this game. I adore these these these artists and these developers who've been working on I mean, uh, Klaus the CEO of the company's been this industry for ages and I've always been kind of in love with this style ever since Stick It to the Man, even though like that game's really goofy, like.
Speaker 4: His style has been all the way through.
Speaker 2: Uh. And this is and they did loss in Random, which I think is also a really unique, interesting, weird kind of like Trip double, a game that like has the same sort of art style, the same sort of fairy tale darkness, but like combines a really unique idea of combat and like rolling the dice in the middle of combat, which then like determines the weapons you can use in certain moments. It's really cool.
Speaker 3: And the Midnight Walk just seems like another extension of that, but this time they're under a new studio that they started moon Hood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's sick, it's cool, it's spooky.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's also completely playable in PSVR two. Neat neat, But that is neat because they actually really lean into it because there's like in order they is it first person? It's a first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Especially like seeing like the detail on all the models.
Speaker 3: And if you watch the preview the opening of the game you start, when you start, when you waken as this character, you don't your site is completely blurred and you can't hear anything, so you have to like move through the world with very narrow sight and so that like forces you to like get up to the wall and you can see the fingerprints of like.
Speaker 4: The stuff that these people actually created.
Speaker 3: So like they really lean into this, like making this world feel like tactile and actually like handmade, and for contacts, like they when they make the models, they then three D scan them in and that's how they do it. But we ask them, it's like is it faster? Is it really any faster making these things by hand versus making them blend whatever, and Cloud said, it is infinitely faster because all they need to do is when they are playing and test their game, they realize, oh, we're missing a thing, and they just have to go down to the table where they create all their stuff, make it three D scan.
Speaker 4: It, and then it's in the game.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 4: It's so they cut like it's it's awesome.
Speaker 3: And I was saying too, like for it's like obviously we've seen games are handmade, but seeing them is such like finite detail. It like cuts in a weird way, like kind of like undermines like graphical capabilities by actually well, these things are just being scanned in exactly as they look, and therefore they look amazing.
Speaker 4: They look so realistic.
Speaker 2: Swedish.
Speaker 4: Correct Swedish.
Speaker 3: And then Olov, who is the writer and like director of the game, his like own shoe, like his their own items are in the game, so like his shoes in the game, like he uses a thing and like Klaus's coffee grinder is a thing that like gets up and walks around at one point in the game.
Speaker 2: So cool.
Speaker 3: But as I was saying, in VR, you can really like get up close, and then this really cool feature where in order to find something in the world you have to close your eyes and listen. All your senses become heightened, and when you play in VR, you.
Speaker 2: Can actually too your eyes and then you can read that your eyes are closed, and that's when the sense is.
Speaker 3: So you have to like actually really close your eyes. And it's also mechanic to defeat certain monsters.
Speaker 2: So like certain creatures in order to defeat them, you have to like look at them and then shut your eyes like to wish them away, and then when you open them again, they're gone. So like they use it in such cool, clever, really innovative sick ways that I'm like, I can't like want to like seeing it.
Speaker 4: And when you're playing it flat.
Speaker 2: Like on screen, there's just a bolt button to press the close your eyes instead, but it still has the same effect of seeing a wall and like having the symbol you have to look at and then close your eyes.
Speaker 4: When we open them, gun has just gone. You can just go through it.
Speaker 2: It's man, I won't play this in VR exactly.
Speaker 3: And there's also like they do such a good job with the sense of scale because they create these actual puppets that will They created like this whole actual human sized puppet that the three C three D scanned in one of the worlds. They showed me that puppet is towering over you in this city. So anytime you can look up and like see this thing towering over you. And I was like, this is in VR. This would be amazing, this would be it's just as good flat, but like the idea of scale and scope is just good.
Speaker 2: So cool to do like a documentary on that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, fly over to Sweden hang out with those cool cats, sixteen of them.
Speaker 1: I would love to go back to Sweden. When I went last year, I had a great time.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can make something that they would put in their games. That'd be yeah, kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I've got an idea, can't Yeah, can you wait, I'll like crinkle it up to put this in.
Speaker 3: But again, we were I was very happy that we were able to get them in and see that game hands on. And of course the barbo lifted the day after the switch to direct which own embargo of lots of things, so kind of a perfect I don't know, kind of a storm of stuff happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad that we got to play it and see it me too. It look really awesome. Do you know when it comes out?
Speaker 4: Comes out in May? It comes on a few weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, amaze. Yeah, well yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's May eighth or something of that nature. It's soon, yeah, but uh yeah, I was like, as I mentioned, I played Lost in Random. I like that game.
Speaker 3: It has really cool ideas and mechanics. It doesn't they don't marry together in the end. Is like an amazing game. But it's a good game obviously, can't say for this one. But it's just I've seen enough that I'm so excited and like want to see more.
Speaker 4: And just like the creature.
Speaker 3: They have this amazing monster that's on these like spider legs and its face opens up to like another face inside of it that is like fucking terrifying, and you have to like trick this thing and like get into closets to try and like lure it in different ways. But then you have a like a you eventually get a gun that you like load matchsticks into to shoot okay up around you.
Speaker 4: I didn't to see much of that. I just saw like a very quick glimpse of it.
Speaker 2: Did you get an idea of how like the gun feels in VR, Like are.
Speaker 3: You doing I don't know if you're actually doing that, but I during the gameplay that I was shown, there is a lot of like physically picking up items. Like for example, when you in the open the game, you have to put your ears on in order to hear and your eyes, so you have to like physically pick up the eyes and shove them in your face and like pick up your ears and put them on your head in order to actually start hearing the world around you.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, in a weird way, it kind of and this is a game I don't like just as a heads up, but it did.
Speaker 3: The way the world works in this kind of puzzly weird way where like you're kind of figuring out the cancel the world kind of reminded me of Scorn, how like you're really interacting with the world, which is a cool part of Score, and the way like that you were like constantly.
Speaker 4: Shoving into stuff. But the game Midnight Walk kind of gave me.
Speaker 2: Very subtle vibes and like as a comparison point of like you will be in the world picking up stuff and using it around you.
Speaker 1: To be fair, that's not the things I disliked about Scorn, Yeah, exact, that's what slow. And it's in the pacing and the me that game kind of meanders, yeah, and the kind of that blows. But I did, like, you know, one thing I like about sound Hill too is James just sticks his arm into it. There's something in there, a toilet ship.
Speaker 4: There's something in there.
Speaker 2: I know there is, and just something binging in deeper.
Speaker 4: I got a key.
Speaker 3: It would have been so good and Sound Hill too, if you could just shove your hand all the way into a fucking ship covered clog toilet and.
Speaker 4: Nothing's in it.
Speaker 2: You poured your hand out.
Speaker 4: You're like, well that was a fucking waist time.
Speaker 2: I think that's a big miss on on Blueberritine. I think every toilet should be interactable. The one time that there is something, you're finally like, I've covered myself and ship six times.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing this again. Well too bad, kid. You're not gonna be able to unlock that door where we put the key. Somebody eat the key and that's so you better figure that out.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: What is that? What the laura is behind that? One of the monsters like eat a key.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I guess it's like, I'm just like waiting for James. I got a ship now now when I miss him, I got to make sure I'm waiting in a corner for two hours later. Oh no, the key I was supposed to keep that.
Speaker 4: It's like, damn, I'm not digging through there. Yeah, I'm not giving it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one would do that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, up to do that now, James, he sees a hole, his fist is going in it.
Speaker 2: He's going to be the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: He's gonna dig for whatever he can find. I mean, he's got nothing else going on in his life. He's got to find purpose and something true. If only we could all be so lucky to.
Speaker 2: Find a purpose.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was very polite of him to be like, clogged toilet, don't have a plunger. I'll take care of it.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I got it. This is my favorite job.
Speaker 2: Do it for free? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally for nothing anyway. So yeah, men, I yeah, men, I walk game walk game.
Speaker 4: That looks cool. We'll see how it is when actually comes out, say about it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of other games, who's embargo lifted the that day? The day of the switch to reveal Croc. Oh wait really, yes, Legend of the Gobos, the remaster of Croc.
Speaker 4: I thought that was announced, but I didn't know it was like out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it came out on the day of the switch to I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Learning about this on the stream all right, yeah, I've and I've been playing it.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I'm also learned secrets do you keep?
Speaker 1: Who knows? We'll find out? So uh yeah. For those who don't know, Kroc is a PS one mascot game, kind of in the vein of a spiral and a crash.
Speaker 2: All okay, oh before Spiro.
Speaker 4: Clearly didn't leave the same splash.
Speaker 1: No, it's I never played it as a as a kid because I didn't own a PlayStation.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing the cover of.
Speaker 4: It, but I think, yeah, me too, but I never played it.
Speaker 1: I've never played it, so I I have no nostalgia for it. So there's kind of my perspective coming in. And then there's my wife's perspective, who did play it as a kid and really loved it.
Speaker 4: So she was and Shrek are my favorite game.
Speaker 2: Yes, No, I mean she's like, let's go. I'm excited to play it.
Speaker 4: And Kroc just moved to the speed of light, sliding around silence.
Speaker 2: He moves, okay, he moves like a PlayStation one character.
Speaker 4: Does he do the dust spin or whatever it does the crocodiles, do you know?
Speaker 2: No, he does.
Speaker 1: There's a sick move though, where you hit like one of the bumpers and he'll do a like a spin to because like the camera will rotate. The original version he didn't have camera controls. You don't really need to do the move on the remaster because you have camera controls. But he does this sick like juke where he like jumps and does like a one eight like dive spin and you're like, damn, crock, that was a sick move.
Speaker 2: That's kind of it.
Speaker 4: Does he does he talk or have a voice?
Speaker 2: No, well, although he does, what does he what sounds does he make when he gets hurt? He's like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He does make this one sound when because when you go to a new world, like a fairy kind of like squishes and squashes him and he teleports away and he makes like a.
Speaker 2: Little sound.
Speaker 4: And that's that's what James does when he put this.
Speaker 5: Whoa so so obviously I think there's like, but with something like Kroc, you have either people like my wife who are like, I love Kroc or I'm nostalgic for Kroc.
Speaker 1: I would like to recapture the glory of Kroc. Put my crocs on and play Crock my crocs on and play Kroc. Or you have yeah, people like me who I'm like, I'm curious, but I have to say, like, as far as you know, it's fine, it's like, it's like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's it's for people who played it.
Speaker 1: It's for people who played it. Or I would say maybe people who played it who want to introduce it to like their kids, you know, because it's very much a kid.
Speaker 4: Their and their significant others others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and be like listen Croc. And I'm like, fine, I think it's it's it's it's okay. You know.
Speaker 1: As far as like holding up as a platform er, like it's pretty basic, I would say.
Speaker 3: No, wonder that it didn't take off and become the mass. I mean, they did spiral and crash manic, they did make.
Speaker 2: A sequel, and they had it had a sequel.
Speaker 4: That's kinds the soundtrack. I think the soundtrack is really important.
Speaker 1: For I actually think the soundtrack is kind of very eclectic and okay it it will kind of switch between different styles.
Speaker 4: In tone like industrial nails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, exactly. Yeah, there's nothing I don't find the tracks are very cohesive. There's no like cohesive feel to it. It just feels like a series of different tracks that are just like now we have this mood, and now we have this mood, but like, nothing about it feels it feels together. Okay, they and I would say they all feel inoffensively fine. Like there's nothing about those tracks that I I don't find them bad. But I'm not like, oh, that's an ear that I'm gonna remember. I'm just like, yeah it was that was that was a song that would play in a video game.
Speaker 2: So I was like, music is kind of whatever.
Speaker 1: The art style is interesting because so it's it's a remastered game. It's not remastered in the same way the Spiro games were remastered where they kind of like completely rebuild from the ground up. This is more like we took we redid these PlayStation one you know, textures and stuff, and you can you can tell you're like, yep, that's a PlayStation one game where the textures are like higher res and smoother, and it's not awful, but I do think it just kind of shows sort of the limitations of taking games of that era and upresing them and sort of like how you're like, ah, it looks okay, but it doesn't look amazing, and it's kind of just because you know, these games looked to this way because of the limitations of the hardware and and and so it's like I think they they did faithfully recreate it, and to my knowledge that it didn't look like they used any AI bullshit like it looked they looked yes, yes, exactly, or like the tomb Raider one.
Speaker 4: Where they turned like a bunch of wires on.
Speaker 1: A wall in Yeah, So nothing like that to my knowledge that I saw. But yeah, I'm just like, Okay, it looks looks fine enough. There. You can play it with the we with with like the old textures as well, which I which I preferred. We kind of like tried them out. There's also a CRT filter you can turn on, which I actually think looks pretty good. Uh, there's better lighting, and what's interesting is you can actually mix and match them, so you could you could put the CRT filter on the better textures, or you could put the like better lighting on the old textures. So we actually the one we picked was older textures, CRT filter modern lighting, and we thought that looked the best for us. But the fact that mix and matches actually pretty cool, and I'm like, oh, more games should totally let you do that.
Speaker 2: I think that's kind of neat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna get it.
Speaker 2: No, definitely not.
Speaker 4: Did you have a PlayStation when you're younger? No, you weren't allowed to play.
Speaker 2: Weren't you was allowed to play Grand Theft Auto? I think I would have been allowed to play CROC was an open world Grand Theft Auto Clone, I would have played.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, you can't play Grand Theft Auto. Well, here is Mafia and the Godfather game and Driver three, Driver three and Terrible Rock.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be great if every mascot of that era just went down the Jack and Daxter route where the first platform in the second one is a GTA clone cars.
Speaker 4: I mean, uh, did you play Pimp My Ride? Were you allowed to play that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Because that was an open world driving game I found out.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, unfortunately, because that game fucking sucks.
Speaker 2: Oh is that one of the games you passed.
Speaker 4: You can't even design your own car.
Speaker 2: Wait, you can't design your own car. And to like checkpoints, and when you get to that checkpoint, you like pick one of three options for a thing, like you can make your rims one of these three options, and you drive to the other type points.
Speaker 4: Like you can put either.
Speaker 3: The first one I had was a the first like person you fix their car was a fashion designer, clothes maker, you.
Speaker 4: Know they were.
Speaker 2: They were So are you pimping their rides? Yeah? Yeah, Like your job is so your exhibit so you no, no, no, no, You exhibit like calls you and he's like, hey, exhibit was too busy in NFL Street. It's like, hey, welcome to pimp city. You like, I'm not joking this, Like take your car and go pimp exhibit. That means something different. Yeah, And between the loading screens it says, pimp hint.
Speaker 4: Here's a pimp hint for you. But you drive around to get their car. You have, first off, you have to raise money yourself, so you have to like drive around and like get my I'm derailing this from Crock.
Speaker 2: It's okay to be honest. I didn't have much else to say about croc. Okay, well, I'll make this quick.
Speaker 4: You drive around. You get money.
Speaker 2: By like ghost riding your car, so like you'll go to a spot and you'll get out of your car and then you like do a minigame dance thing and then people give you.
Speaker 3: Money for your dance being good. But you can also get money by just crashing into whatever you want. So you're just like crash into cars and you get money for it.
Speaker 2: Cool, but then once you actually should be you should be able to steal their parts to wind out your but it's an open world, so once you so once you get the money to pimp someone else's car, you then take it. And I remember, like it's like you have like three options and three options for those options. So it's like you can like put a catwalk in the back of this girl's car, or a swing machine okay, sewing machine because she makes clothes, but she's also a model. Okay, anyways, and after I did that, I was like, this is fucking bullshit. I want to fucking put a PS two in my car like they did in every single car in every episode where they're like.
Speaker 4: Not only not only did we put a fish take in a grill.
Speaker 2: Your steering wheel is a PS two.
Speaker 4: You see these rims put as.
Speaker 2: Carn't pit my ride just you like your muffler. Do you think PlayStation like was paying them the big bucks? Like yes, yeah, like just PS two needs to be in every car.
Speaker 3: I want to know why the PS two is the highest selling game cons of all time.
Speaker 2: Because exhibits so many copies, not because of like people buying PSS to play Pin My Ride to Pin My Ride was like, we'll buy fifty million of yours. That's why they were still making, uh, you know, soccer games until those twenty fourteen because people were driving around and all these Pin my Ride cards and they eat something to play exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm surprised you didn't get that.
Speaker 3: Weren't allowed to have that because it was you know, a GT you should have played.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. Now there's still time.
Speaker 2: I got a game from the bucket too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Should we explain what the bucket is? Yeah? Probably?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so it's it's there's a bucket.
Speaker 2: There's these two giant buckets of games that are duplicates of what we already have in our game library. They're all in sleeves. There's no organization. They're all thrown in there, and it's like six copies of like Splat, the paintball game that came out in two thousand and two, and like every single year of sports games on like mostly stuff where we don't we're just like, we don't need there's not a lot of treasure in there. It's but there, actually there are.
Speaker 1: There is though, because it's also duplicates of stuff. So they're like most of the GameCube games are actually pretty good because it was just like.
Speaker 3: We all we all got a copy of Peter Jacksons Can cong because yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Like so it was pretty great. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: But I also got a game called Playboy Mansion.
Speaker 4: Oh tell me about that one.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I wish I could tell you that in I'm so excited to sit down and play this game not backwards compatible. Well shocker.
Speaker 4: We have an Xbox right here in o G Xbox right and right there and right there.
Speaker 2: I have come over to my house. I have one. We'll play it up. Okay, we'll play play Oh yeah, but a SIMS like game. It's like a SIMS game, but you're but you're like Playboy, but you're like you.
Speaker 4: Are you playing? Oh so you uh, you're so you're playing as like the god God?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but you look at it and it looks exactly.
Speaker 4: Like it's just a GC club.
Speaker 2: We Plizner stealing cars and pimping them out. He has nothing to do with models or everything. I'm I'm gonna you gotta go down the road to respect. I'm gonna go find writers. I'm gonna got the best short stories you've ever read, which is you know, people do say that as a joke, but a lot of writers got their start doing some good stories. And Playboy, I wouldn't know, never read it. Ray Bradberry, he's got a few published. Wow, yeahs writers have had good writers have had at least a short story publishing.
Speaker 4: So that game is.
Speaker 2: Although he had think Boy did do video gamers, Jo wrote Playboy before he came to game Spot.
Speaker 4: Damn, there you go.
Speaker 2: It's funny you guys brought that up because I was planning on doing a segment where we talk about the bucket, like retro games in the buckets.
Speaker 3: So I feel like we should just call it, let's talk about the bucket, talk about the bucket.
Speaker 2: I know, I did jump the gun on that. No, no, No, Croc is a good game. We're not talking about we don't talk about Rock anymore. There's nothing, there was nothing else to say about for you wanted Star No, unfortunately not. So it really brings down the score on that one. That Croc's fine if you if you're having nostalgia for Kroc and you just want to play it, there's you can safely say you I would, you can safely buy this remaster knowing you're getting like a pretty good version of that game on modern Thank god systems to do it for all the games. Agreed, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, going back to the Bucket, since you guys brought it up, because I was gonna I was gonna bring up I played two retro games and I figured I would pick one and save the other. But since we're talking about the bucket, I will go with my bucket game. Just K't Kong Peter Jackson's King Kong game, which I think it makes.
Speaker 4: Sense talk about.
Speaker 2: So there's way.
Speaker 4: Is Oh, I think Rich's coming in with the bucket?
Speaker 2: With the bucket? Oh, did Richard bring the What Richard's happening? Richard Lee's coming in with the bucket the bucket, and that's only half of it.
Speaker 1: Apologies to the audio listeners. We'll keep this short for you all. But uh, there is a massive, massive bucket filled with how many Okay, like, uh, could we do like a bean counter thing and ask.
Speaker 4: You like how many games? Or in how many games?
Speaker 2: And this is only half. There's another bucket about this many.
Speaker 4: Second.
Speaker 2: I went through an entire bucket on Tuesday. You went through the whole bucket. I went through an entire bucket on tuesday. You look through every game in that bucket?
Speaker 4: And how many games do you think we're in the bucket?
Speaker 2: I feel like I at least went through like six hundred.
Speaker 1: You want to see all these? But here should I just dig in and see what I get? Pick a random game from the bucket? Hopefully it's what you got.
Speaker 4: I got.
Speaker 3: I got Terminator three Redemption, And I'm pretty sure this is like the bad first person game?
Speaker 2: Is that PS three game? PS two? I was gonna say, because there's a couple of there's a couple of p S three games PS two, All right.
Speaker 4: Go reach on with the bucket.
Speaker 2: No, they'll come and pick up game from tie to tie to Tesmanian Tiger to Bush Rescue.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, I got Constantine.
Speaker 2: I don't think I went through this bucket because that.
Speaker 4: Don't you take use a drinking fountain in that game.
Speaker 3: Hell, I'm pretty sure I have no I think drinking foundins are a really important mechanic in that game, but.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately that's probably also not Backers compatible.
Speaker 2: Don't say that. So far, I'm like zero for two because all the two Xbox games I tried did not work big.
Speaker 3: More of the Truckers Truckers for the Xbox. I actually tried to taking this home for the PS two. However, my PS two does not run blue discs, only runs.
Speaker 2: The Clear again because PS two is like they had problems. I don't know, like each each one of those had differently ten thousand different model numbers for anyway, Right, get that out of here.
Speaker 4: That's the bucket. Thank you, Richardly. We're gonna we're gonna come back to the bucket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we'll make it a thing you're gonna keep on keeping.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, Peter Jackson's can you let me talk on this audio podcast? Jesus Christ. Peter Jackson's King Kong, the Official game of the movie, the game. The movie the game directed by Michelle and so exactly, I think I feel pretty comfortable saying the greatest game would be Soft has ever made. It's so, I know, I don't know if I'd go that far, but it is. Yeah's sa Yeah, probably let's spin yourself or far cartoon maybe is good anyways, So you're anyway, So.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I will say Mark right two King Kong locked, so Park right too could run? That is true.
Speaker 1: No, I would also agree with that. So for those who don't know, this is a license game, hold On based on Peter Jackson's King Kong. No one had any expectations for this game, and then when it came out, it was like shockingly good and it has. It's had a reputation as like one of the better license games because it talked about much, but not talked about as much. I think like people in the know talk about it, but it's it. It's not as well known as some of.
Speaker 2: The bigger one articles of ridic Escape from Butcher Bay. Sure kind of the same era.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 1: What's interesting about this experience because I've played it before. I had it on PC, and I think I've also played it on three sixty. I've played this game multiple times. The version we're playing. We played was the PS two version, which I assumed, oll, you know, that's the previous gen version. Obviously that would be inferior versus the three sixty, which was the next gen version. It was a launch title for the three sixty, and then the PC version I had was based on that three sixty version. But I had actually found out thanks to a video by a YouTuber Noodle, who actually did a video on kin Kong, that in their opinion, the PS two version looked better, and I absolutely, by one hundree it looks way better. And the reason why is probably just comes down to the fact that, like they clearly.
Speaker 2: Designed that game originally around the PS two, and it was, like the PS two is at the end of its life cycle. It was a solved system in terms of, like, we know how to develop for this system, how to make things look as good as possible, to push that cost to its limits.
Speaker 1: Where the thing about when you play an early next gen game on three sixties, specifically three sixty specifically, I would say, but just in general, I would say, when you play really the at the in the moment, they feel like oh, they look so much better because like Scott, it's HD now and like the textures and the lighting. But the thing is like people don't actually understand how to properly like utilize those those new features, so they kind of just take these older models and I in systems and just kind of like upres it. And then suddenly you're like, oh, actually that looks really gross and bad. And at the time I thought, well, King Kolin, looks great. You go and compare them. The PS two version, despite being a lower resolution and a worse frame rate, looks infinitely better because of all those two those.
Speaker 4: Character models in the three sixties.
Speaker 3: Like again, I because when I was taking this from the office, I was like, oh, it's too bad I don't have a three sixty to play that version because X Y and Z and Jean Luke. That was like, I don't know, I think I think the PS two one is better. It is like, after actually watching the comparison, to you, the character models of the three sixty one, the game still looks good, but the character models compared to those look like fleshy or.
Speaker 4: They lost lighting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lost all character shape and style, well merely the PS two one looks more like the actors.
Speaker 1: Than even though the three sixty one they clearly took a photo of their face that they didn't with because it was like artistic intent versus just like hyper realistic. Yeah, like dynamic lighting, but like we don't understand how to actually utilize it properly, and it looks like gross. It's also like playing it on the PS two. I have a retro tank which lets me upscale it into uh hd my and play it on like my TV. That game actually has uh sixteen by nine suppart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it is by default.
Speaker 1: Well so so by default it'll be four x three letterbox, it'll it'll play oh right, correct, Yeah, but you can then switch it to either proper four by three if you don't want the letter box, or you can actually play in sixteen by nine and it like stretches the whole thing. But because I'm playing a modern TV with my upscaler, I could actually like get it to be proper sixteen by nine. So I was playing that game upscaled on my four K TV and it looked shockingly good. Like my wife came in and I'm like, yeah, like I'm this is like a PS two game She's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: That looks way.
Speaker 1: Too good to be a PS two game, Like, that's insane. I think it looks we do need to talk about why it's so special. Sure, outside then just like it's yeah that.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, I am playing on a CRT.
Speaker 1: I bet that. I bet that was incredible. Also, to be fair, I also have a CRT, but the color on it was all fucked up. So I just but it's Jake's point, why is this game?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Why is this game great?
Speaker 1: Uh So, basically it's split into two different sections. One section some sections to plays can call those sections are okay, they're kind of they drag a little bit. It's it's like a beat them up where you're where you grab the T. That's pretty It's very on the rails.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The majority of the game though, is you're playing as the Brutalist himself, Adrian brad Adrian Brody, who, by the way, all of the actors like do voice lines in the game and actually sound like they're giving a shit, which is like very rare, I feel like usually especially it was like it's like, well him, like Jack Black, like all of them. I was like, they sound like they're trying, yeah, in a way that like usually they do not. It's crazy they got Adrian Brody to read off lines for video games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his lines are like four magazines on backup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's about it.
Speaker 2: But it's pretty good though. But I think the thing that stuck with me as a kid when I played this was the lack of UI. But it's not just it doesn't feel like it's just for an aesthetic reason. They are mechanical reasons for the lack of UI that tied like how you play the game, Like you just talked about like Adrian Brodie saying four magazines on back, but since there's no AI, there's like literally a button you press where Adrian Brody will just hout his bullets.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's what I also love is that you don't actually know how many specific bullets. Yeah, only in the handgun is the only one where he's like, I have four bullets.
Speaker 1: He'll say it with the shotgun when you get down to the blast mac.
Speaker 2: But for like a Tommy gun, it's just like I think I need to reload, so like there's like you think and even then you can still fire off like five more.
Speaker 1: Rounds or or if you have enough magazines to be fine, he'll just be like I got enough. Yea, yeah, he's like I'm good. But you're like, okay, I don't know what exactly that means, but like I trust you. It's so it's a first person shooter, where like you said, there's no you why to it, so it's all contextual, you know, like you don't even have a you.
Speaker 2: Don't even have a crosshand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't need it because like the game is designed around that, and it's I don't know, it's like it's it's hard to describe because I would say, like now, maybe it doesn't feel as special because there have been games that have kind of like built on it, like uh Far Cry and and other kind of survival games. But this, the game's rhythm is essentially like you going through these levels where you'll be these you'll get to these open areas where you have like dinosaurs like voscal raptors, and you have like the giant centipedes and all the weird gross things from Skull Island and you have to like do these little like puzzle combat arenas.
Speaker 4: We're so tight where you are.
Speaker 1: You know, you'll have limited ammo. You'll have spears to the environment. You have to tick in the ment and you can and you can stab with them, but they actually don't do much damage, but you do a lot of damage if you throw them.
Speaker 2: But then if you throw them.
Speaker 3: Or you can strict them by getting insects in the world, stabbing those and then like luring them away.
Speaker 1: So we're setting you can like run away from combat, or you can lure them into a brush, and then you can light your spear on fire and then you can throw it in. So there's all these like surprisingly complex dynamic systems that even for that time, it was like on a PS two. On a PS two, you're like, that's that feels very modern in a way that like games just kind of didn't do that level of reactivity back then, and that's kind of argue that we have lost in a line I would agree to people, Well, that's why I think, like you said, it's kind of a spiritual six or it it started what Farkri two then like ran with because farkrai too built its exactly. Yeah, Barkright two built itself around everything is is like within the world, you have to like physically pull out your map you know, fire is dynamic and and and just all these sort of systems playing with each other, and like they were doing it with this license game that they did not need to go this hard for. But it's it's just such a like brilliant example of what happens when you give you take something that like seemingly could have just been like whatever, but like they gave it to like veteran game developers who actually said, like, hey, let's take the time to do something interesting with it. And I believe Peter Jackson himself encouraged that, like was like, hey, we should do something like cool with it, because he saw a video game is like more than just like a whatever like you do with as uh no, what come on, let's do something interesting. I can't it's like kind of Scottish. I feel like that kind of all blend in a certain point. But yeah, it's it's a it's a it's a cool game.
Speaker 2: It rules.
Speaker 1: I really you should play it if you can't, can I mean even if you I don't.
Speaker 2: Is it backwards compatible on the three sixty.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Didn't see a copy of it on Xbox, Otherwise I would have tried, probably not I'm assuming.
Speaker 4: All I know is that it's just there's a I would.
Speaker 1: Say even if like you end up playing that versions, like the gameplay is still amazing, it's still worth playing.
Speaker 4: It's my first time playing it all the way through.
Speaker 3: I've only because I didn't have I wasn't like didn't have consoles at that time and certain games, so I only played it like Kiosks.
Speaker 4: Sort of thing on the three sixty.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember that at a friend's house for a short period of time and like that was it, but it always stuck in me, like that's that game where like you have no idea how much AMMO you have, you're kind of like improvising on the fly and now playing it now as an adult man, where have I gone?
Speaker 4: Anyways?
Speaker 3: It's there's there's a tightness to the beat to beat moment of where you're constantly thinking on your toes and it's like, you know, you might have a gun that has like two magazines left, but then there's a crate that you might shoot and it might have a gun that can help you more in that situation, or you might be fucked and be using spears.
Speaker 4: It's just I don't know. It's very tight.
Speaker 3: That's the best way I can explain it is like it was very very tight tight experience.
Speaker 4: It feels so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tight, It feels ahead of its time.
Speaker 1: Is also like a shockingly decent like adaption of that story.
Speaker 2: I would say, like.
Speaker 1: It takes the story from the movie, but like retells it in a way that works for the video game while still being that story.
Speaker 3: Like it basically takes that scene when everyone's separated and is like fighting that pit against all those and then like that scene is so intense, it's so dramatic a lot, and it basically made a game out of that scene.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's before Yeah, so highly recommend that if you can uh find a way to play that somehow. I will save my other game, my other retro game, for next week because I want to take.
Speaker 4: This segment known as the bucket.
Speaker 1: The bucket, except this one, I didn't get out of the bucket.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: But you don't need to You didn't need to say that, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Got out of the bucket. I will also save my I will just say right now, I have watched two episodes The Devil May Cry Show Sopranos. We all know I don't need to watch that anymore because I played Respect Road to Respect. There's no reason, but I will save my full thoughts until I finished it. But so far I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 3: There is the show with the the Y two k omp Biscuit Evan Essence.
Speaker 1: Yes, I haven't heard the Evanssence song yet, but they they do play. Rolling is the intro every time, and it's great. It's it's good, it's it's very very silly. But I do want to go to you, Jake, because you were telling me you've been playing game I've actually never heard of.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this look outside. Yeah, so this is a two D cosmic horror RPG. Okay, cool. However, it's structured like Stardoo Valley in a way, so you have you're trapped in a you're trapped in a apartment building for fifteen days and you can't look outside. If you look outside as an instant game over. But the whole thing is there's some like weird cosmic weather thing going on, and anyone looks outside, they just get all the insane kind of well, they don't just go insane, they're like body gets deformed and stuff, so like teeth will start growing out of them and eyes will pop up, but it's all like you know, pixel art. It looks really good. But the whole like sort of Stardo Valley aspect of it is time passes as you go into different different rooms, and eventually you'll have to go to bed. You you have a hygiene level, so you need to like shower, brush your teeth in order to like kind of keep your sanity. There's cooking, so you know, you'll you might want to cook a meal before you leave and you can take that with you. And then you explore this apartment building and I think you're kind of trying to figure out what's going on. I don't know how much it actually answers that, because you know, cosmic horror usually it's about not really explaining the thing, but you're at least attempting to. And it's very survival horror. Even though it's an UH turn based RPG.
Speaker 4: It looks like Sweet Home.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: That's when I was watching J play it because I heard about it, like gives me the same vibes.
Speaker 4: Is like what happens when you take you said, what was the RPG?
Speaker 2: It's very earth bound. It's like that first person earth Bound perspective, where like you have household weapons like a bat or a knife, a kitchen knife or whatever, and they'll break after awhile, but they don't have like durability. It's like there's a random chance of it breaking after each attack.
Speaker 4: So like or.
Speaker 2: Like you can like have a kitchen knife and then it'll randomly break, and I'll be a damaged kitchen knife, and then it'll randomly break and be like a heavily damaged kitchen knife, and then eventually it'll just break. It's also pretty difficult. I picked the recommended difficulty and it definitely leans into that survival horror aspect in a way that I think is interesting a little frustrating. I've definitely lost like twenty thirty minutes at a time because you can only save in your apartment, So like you're kind of supposed to explore the the building, and then when you're out of resources, you go back to your apartment, you cook some food, you get some sleep, you save, and as far as I know, that's the only place you can save. So like, there's been a couple times where I've been exploring for like an hour or so and then I stumble on an enemy that I am not prepared for, and it just kicks my teeth in and then I lose like forty minutes. And that's usually when I all to F four and I'm like, I'll come back to this later. I don't want to have to do that again. Yeah, but I think it's really clever. It's a Devolver Digital published Gamel has a lot of cool ideas. The it's creepy. I really like cosmic horror as well, and I think this does like a cool body horror cosmic horror where it's like you don't really know what's going on outside, because you would it's just game over if you look outside. Uh so you just kind of hear what people who have looked outside as they're losing their mind, what they kind of describe and usually doesn't make any sense, and then like I start popping out of their chest. The one guy's like in a creepy segment, like there's a guy who's like talking about brushing his teeth and you approach him and you're like everything good, and he's like, I just I gotta keep brushing my teeth and then I can help you. And he does it for a while and finally turns around and he's just got like a gaping mouth of teeth, like all.
Speaker 4: The way down.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's it's creepy, it's I think it's cool. But it seems pretty well written as well, based on what I've seen, based on what I've played. But yeah, I've only played like two or three hours. Apparently it can take up twenty hours. But I'm curious to see how it goes because I because I imagine there is a situation where you just do not finish the story in the fifteen allotted days, it's just game over. So I'm super curious to see how that kind of like ties in. It's definitely a game that I wish I could play on my Switch or a Steam deck if I had it. Though. It just seems like a good, good kind of you know, portable, a little cozy couch game, cozy horror. Yeah, I don't know if I call it cozy. It's a little uncomfortable, it's a little disturbing, but.
Speaker 4: I want to play it.
Speaker 3: I was like, I saw it like pop up in the Whispers of the World somehow some shape form, and I've made a note of it.
Speaker 4: But then we actually saw you playing at your desk. I was like, oh, fuck, that's that game. I was.
Speaker 2: Music's good too, It's very it's very like uh John Carpenter, a lot of a lot of synths and like kind of bright synths compared to like some dark and foreboding music. Like I I think it works like when your apartment. It's kind of like a bright, synthy track and then you leave and the sound design is really good. It's cool.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: It's like I think it's like ten bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm gonna check that out. I I feel like there have been a plethora of amazing like indie horror games lately, like smaller tier stuff that I'm just like.
Speaker 4: Like, what prove it?
Speaker 1: Well, well, it's funny, like this is a this is a much smaller game. I think it was a demo. I even talked to you about it. There's a game called like I'm gonna butcher the name because I'm not gonna quite right. But it's like I might not be a person or I might not be human.
Speaker 4: Oh you told me about this.
Speaker 3: I like, yeah, it's it's called Yeah, it's a I'm not human, Like yeah, something like that you told me about it, but I didn't there was no demo available. It was I don't know, I would like to play it. The game you have to like you let people in your house, and you kind of human.
Speaker 1: It has a sort of similar premise where you basically like the world the like the for whatever reason, like the Ozon's disappearedance, like the sun is just like it's too hot to be outside in the day, so like nobody travels around during the day. They always travel around at night. And so you'll have people like knock on your door and be like, hey, can I stay here for the night, But they might not actually be a human, and then you have to decide whether you want to let them in.
Speaker 4: Paper then, but you also watch them right like they're in your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can go into you can go into each room in your house and they'll be there, and you can like ask some questions. And every day on the news, the reports will be like, hey, like if you want to tell if they're a humor not check their teeth. So then you can like go around to people and you can be like, hey, show me your teeth. And then but you only have like so much energy so you can only make certain decisions throughout the day, and if they like show your their teeth and they like like look a certain way, you'll like pull out a gun and be like I'm gonna shoot you now, or you can choose not to. It's that that's a game that I think is a little more of like a concept that they're kind of working on building out. But it's a super cool idea and I feel like you're getting a lot of innovation and like interesting ideas in that space.
Speaker 3: As long as they're just not copying existing genres or things. Yeah, trying to actually, because there's a constant struggle that I'm having trying to find games even music. I have this like I feel like we live in this like era of imitation in a way where it's like we're not getting the stuff that we want, so therefore we're starting to create things that remind us of the things that.
Speaker 4: We wish we had more of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like music, indie music is suffering the same problem where I hear so much music where I'm like, I know exactly what album you listen to make this album, right, I get it. You like my Bloody Valentine, like I understand. It's funny you mentioned Papers Please. And while I think the game I Might Not Be Human is different enough, it doesn't look different enough. Yeah, there is another game I saw that is very much just hey. It's Papers Please, and it's you're a person at the door of this apartment complex and everyone outside might be a shape shifter, so they'll come in and be like, hey, I just need to get back into my apartment, and you have to be like, show me your ID, go through the checks and balances, and it's it's like it's like a cool, well made game, but you're also like, this is less poignant. Papers Please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, this is just papers Please, but with like shape shifting like John Carpenter Aliens, and you're like that's neat, Like it's not bad, but it's also like you've seen it.
Speaker 2: Before before, I've played it before, and and.
Speaker 3: Just a different and that's fine. Those are where genres exist, but that's that's not that they brings all the way back. It's why I'm so excited for the Midnight Walk, because the men I Walk does look genuinely different. Yeah, it does look genuinely new, So I'm excited for that. But yeah, like the don't look or don't look outside, look outside, look outside.
Speaker 2: Look supposed to look outside, but the game is.
Speaker 3: Called Lookoutside, Like I think that game like that looks a game that would be on my alley. But again it's like when I saw it, I was like, oh, this reminds me a lot of Sweet Home, a horror RPG game from on the end. Yeah, same sort of deal. Top down, go through the world, have enemy encounter, first person, googly, messy, mush of worms.
Speaker 2: You fight like amount of worms and Sweet Home. But I do want to play it for ten bucks. Come I get through that, I get through that.
Speaker 4: I fight a lot of rats too, I'm not sure well and fall ahead.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, I'm kind of rat it out for the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So after put although, I think I have a clip recorded of a rat jumping at me and me doing a floating, so I have.
Speaker 4: To look that up.
Speaker 2: I will say the rats are not rats. They're like, don't it's just messed up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, yeah, all right, I think we're going to go check that out. I think that's a podcast for this week. Thank you everyone for tuning in two games Spot after Dark. We appreciate your patronage as always. Always nice to close out the week for everyone.
Speaker 3: Kurt, greetings, thanks for being here, Thank you for inviting me. Thank you want me to be back.
Speaker 1: Jake, we'll have to find out if you can play Constantine next week.
Speaker 2: He's gonna figure out tonight. Yeah that doesn't count.
Speaker 4: I know that was. I didn't even tell you.
Speaker 2: I didn't even touch you. Uh, and I'll talk about the bucket.
Speaker 1: The bucket and whether dev might cry is good when I when I've finished watching it.
Speaker 4: All can do you? Can you close it out with a olymp biscuit impersonation?
Speaker 2: No? Well, I wouldn't even the chorus. I wouldn't even know you could do it like let's rolling someone.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's good. And there's like the one line where he's like.
Speaker 2: Hey ladies, hey fellas, that's really good. All right, thank you? Is that the song with the line where it's like you could take that cookie? Oh that's all I did for all for the nookie. I think that's so different. Yeah it's okay, but yeah, anyway, hey ladies, you love WMP biscuits? I do you? You got me?
Speaker 4: Fred Durrist is your favorite director.
Speaker 1: Once he directed the movie with The The Stranger, The Moose.
Speaker 2: Now that it's the John Travolta movie fanatic, Oh my god, yeah, my favorite movie, The Fantastic John Travolta. Anyway, that's a podcast that's been a podcast. See all everyone and keep rolling, Roll and roll, Roll, Roll, chicken, roll, lasagna, bam