Speaker 1: Coming to you from the dining room table at East Barbary Lane. Welcome to a special minisode version of Full Circle, the podcast, a weekly visit to our home where we squeeze a few headlines through our decidedly queer lens and see what happens. I am your host, Charles Tyson Jr. This minisode is brought to you by freshly minted White Tears and the Eternal Search for consistent sanity and intelligence on the Internet. Welcome to the Full Circle Table. Hey y'all, it's the first minisode of twenty twenty five that didn't take long. Martha Madrigal is being fabulous and a motherfucking rock star out there in the world as per usual. So today you get me. Yeah, life be life, and and Martha and I were all ready to settle in and record a regular episode and then things happened. And but you know, I know you love it. I know you miss it. It has been a while since I've had ya all to myself. Let's just enjoy it, shall weait A lot of things. A lot of things are going on at the moment, starting with Los Angeles. Man Lo La is on fire. Every day. We're getting updates on the devastation to not just the immediate environment, but you know, to the lives of residents that have been upended, the wildlife that have been uprooted, the ongoing ecological impact, the resources that are being strained to their limit. It's crazy, Martha and I. Our hearts go out to everyone that has been impacted by this tragedy man, whether directly or indirectly. Like if you have family on the West Coast, we know that you're you're going through it too. There is currently a gofund me that is dedicated to a relief for folks suffering from the wildfire. Currently there is over three point five million dollars raised. We are going to include the link to the GoFundMe in the notes to this minisode, so that if you are so inclined, you can offer some help as well. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. No amount is too small, no amount is too big. Keeping everyone in our thoughts, minds, and hearts as we get through this time. What else is going on with me? I mean, the last time we talked, I was still getting used to my non existent sleep schedule because of my job. That's sort of changed the fact that I am now on adderall for my ADHD does help. My work output has definitely gotten better. So there's that I'm sitting here looking at the Christmas tree that is still up even though it is Wednesday, January fifteenth. But you know what, we didn't put the Bad Boy up until Christmas Eve this year because, you know, the week that we would have been decorating for the for the holidays, we were hosting Nico Lang, friend of the pod, for their book tour. So we're gonna we're taking the extra time. Had we put the decorations up at the time we normally would have, then they would have been put away by Now we're using the same timetable. Damn, it is just being pushed back. But we're going to make sure that we get back to normal because not trying to have a Valentine's Day tree in our house. As Martha mentioned at the end of our last episode, we have finally hit our ten thousand download marker, which is where the magic supposedly really happens again. I want to thank everyone that has been listening to us since the beginning. I want to thank you and welcome all of our new listeners and you know the sometimey ones a y'all out there, We're glad you're here too. There's always something to enjoy. We've got some really wonderful things coming up in the very near future for the show. We've got authors, we've got artists, we've got you name it, we got it. Because as long as they are queer folks, there are going to be fabulous things to talk about, because that is what we do. We're here, We're queer, We're fabulous. Don't fuck with us. God damn it real quick. I just want to acknowledge we lost a fabulous performer in the past weeken some change. Drag performer The Vivian passed away suddenly on January fifth at the age of thirty two, and no official cause of death has been released, but it's definitely a big loss. She was a brilliant performer, comedian, actor. She of course was the first winner of Drag Race UK. But in her own right, she was the definition of a rising star and I was looking forward to seeing how high she was going to soar. I was looking forward to that Jinx Monsoon Vivian team up that just seemed completely inevitable, that was going to be insanity at its best, and you know it's celebrity Deaths don't normally hit me but so hard, with a few notable exceptions. But yeah, this was a tough one because for one thing, it came out of nowhere, and it was so sudden, and she was so young. So rest in peace. Rest in peace. Also, singer Sam Moore passed away at the age of eighty nine. This was last week. Sam was one half of the Sam and Dave duo, famous for the evergreen hit soul Man and hold On I'm Coming. He passed away due to complications while recovering from surgery. Talk about a major presence in R and B and soul music the Sam and Dave Duo. They transformed the call and response of gospel music into an amazing stage show that just made their star rocket and soul Man is one of those songs that you can escape. You know, if you go to a wedding, a bar mitzvah, a birthday party of anyone older than forty five, you were going to hear that jam and as well as you should, So rest in power. Sam Moore. Might have to listen to a couple of your amazing hits before day's end, Anita Bryant also died, but I'm not going to get into that now because I want to save that up for when Martha is here, because she's going to want to send her teeth into that bitch and I want to watch. So just suffice it to say she did and to paraphrase the hilarious moms maybly you're only supposed to say good things about the dead. She did good. Anyway, there's some good news. First off, there was an ongoing battle for control of basically the heart of Philadelphia. The Sixers had this hair brain plan to put a new arena smack in the middle of what is the Fashion District and a good chunk of Chinatown. And you know, nobody wanted this except the people that would stand to make money for it, and protesters were very vocal about it. And luckily, as of January twelfth, the Sixers decided to pivot and the plan is no longer going into effect. Everything was greenlit, the legislation was passed allowing the plan to move forward, but seemingly out of nowhere, the Sixers pulled out and reversed their idea. They're not going to put the arena smack in the middle of the city, which is just the smart thing to do. They're always trying to come for Chinatown, They're always trying to devastate Chinatown, and it never doesn't feel like racism, you know, And I'm just glad that, at least for the moment, this has been thwarted. Sources say that although the deal is quote off the table, the sixers in the Comcast partnership are still planning real estate developments and investments in market of Center City Philadelphia. So, you know, this particular fockery might have been thwarted, but lord knows what else they got coming. But can we at least think about things that would benefit the city, benefit the people that live, their work there, travel to and from, you know, instead of making it what would have been a hell scape like had that stadium gone up smack in the middle of the city, god forbid, you needed to enter or leave Philadelphia via public transportation or driving hell as a pedestrian, it would be insane. If people are going to a game, if people are leaving a game, it would just be insanity. Nobody wanted it. It wouldn't have had the positive impact on surrounding businesses, that they tried to say that it would, because I know personally, if I knew that there was a game and I wanted to do anything else in town, I would be like fuck that I'm not going in town, and that I feel like would have been the prevailing mindset. It's like, up, stay out of the city. There's a game. You know it's going to do the exact opposite of what they say it's going to do. And I don't know that it would be as successful as they thought it would be, even for the people that you know are paying to come to the games. But don't get me to line. All I know is folks are so happy. Business owners and residents in Chinatown are thrilled. The no Arena coalition is ecstatic. Quote. We're relieved to hear that the nightmare of a Center City six ers arena will not haunt our city anymore. To every Philadelphian who called marched testified in Warren City Hall that this was a raw deal. This wind belongs to you, and the lesson for politicians is to trust the people. Come on now, to the five council members who stood on the right side of this fight, we will not forget and there's also a list of the council people who were ready to decimate their city and wherever they go, whatever they do, we know what you did, motherfucker. Moving on. So in a piece of good news coming out of California, out California State Senator Scott Wiener has introduced a bill to protect trans people's privacy in preparation for the incoming Trump administration. As we all know, Orange Voldemort and his co horts are just obsessed with trans people for whatever reason and are trying to do everything they can to make trans people not exist or something, which we know is impossible, but lord knows, it doesn't stop him from trying. Scott Wiener said, Trump's ire towards trans people and his planned assault on their rights will only embolden abusive right wing extremists. Lord knows. The bill SB fifty nine, also called the Transgender Privacy Act, would establish an automatic process to seal all court records regarding someone's gender transition in the state, including retroactively sealing those that already exist. It would also ensure all gender transition records that refer to the person by their dead name or sex assigned at birth would be sealed. A similar law applying only to youth, was passed in twenty twenty three. Wiener's bill specifically applies to those over eighteen. Wiener said in a statement quote, the incoming Trump administration and Republican congressional leadership have made clear that targeting and erasing trans people is among their highest policy priorities, and California must have our trans community members backs. Making this personal identifying information public after someone transitions, including a person's dead name as well as the basic fact that their trans are non binary, pointlessly exposes trans and non binary Californians to harassment and potential violence. So if passed, California would join Washington, Oregon, and New York and having some form of privacy laws to protect trans people from being forcibly outed by state records. And you know, any protection is going to be greatly needed in the upcoming years because it's going to be a fucking witch hunt. It's already started and we're going to get into that in a little bit. When we get to the cavalcade, you know, it's like it's an attack. It's an assault. It's ridiculous, is what it is. But as long as there are thinking people who have any kind of power and influence that are willing to use their voice, there will be hope. So thank goodness for that. Sid Simpson, the co chair of the Harvey Milk LGBTQ Democratic Clubs Transgender Caucus, said to the Bay Area Reporter, as Trump and his cronies continue their cynical incitements of violence against transgender people, it's critical that we fight back with progressive protections at the state level. It's really scary to know that there are people out there who want to hurt you, and that your personal information is just sitting there for them to exploit. The right to privacy and the right to be safe are precious to our community, and we've got to fight for them here here. And you know that's always been true, but it's going to be even more true as we move forward. You know, you can't stay out of the conversation and claim to be an empathetic person and claim to be a noble person. You can't stay out of the fight. You have to get a little dirt on you, you know, otherwise you have no integrity, you have no backbone, and you'll be next moving on. I'd like to jump ahead to one of our favorite segments that we like to call.
Speaker 2: Employ people taking pleasure and name.
Speaker 1: So this story is about a certain motherfucker who actually is the reason why this segment exists. Little miss George Santos is back in the goddamn news. The headline in LGBTQ Nation reads, Federal judge smack down George Santos's attempt to delay sentencing until August to record podcasts. Yeah. Yes, the podcast sphere is wide open to everyone. But bitch, we don't need you. You got other things you need to be doing, like taking your ass to jail. So George Santos, who is a former US House representative, in case y'all forgot, he was there all of five minutes before we found out that he lied about everything, everything, everything, Who he is, who he was, who he will be, where he worked, where he didn't work, who his mama and daddy is, where they're from, who they are, what they are. He lied about everything, and you know, again, the jury is still out. I'm waiting for my confirmation that he's not even really human. He is a stack of while raccoon's wearing a trench coat. Because lied about everything. So he was ousted. He was indicted for fraud using campaign funds for personal things like only fans, subscriptions, and clothes and just messy queen, messy, messy queen. This bitch said he needed more time to pay his criminal fines using earnings from his recently launched podcast, Pants on Fire with George Santos. He called it pants on Fire That's more egregious than OJ Simpson's If I Did It book, But anyway. His sentencing was originally scheduled to occur next month, but he wants to have until August to give him time to pay off the two one hundred and five thousand dollars that he owes in forfeiture. He plugged guilty to wire fraud and aggravated identity. theF District Court Judge Joanna Sebert only allowed the sentencing to be delayed until April twenty fifth, noting that he hasn't made any payments toward the amount he owes despite his promises and predictions since pleading guilty. I hope y'all didn't think that he was going to do something he said he was going to, especially in terms of paying his bills, because he ain't never never, never, never, never never In recent court hearing, Santos's lawyers argued that he deserved a delay in sentencing now that he has quote a viable path to pay the fine through the quote promising revenue stream of his podcast, which was launch just last month. I'm sorry. There are individuals out there who are making a more than a decent living as a podcaster. But to make plans on future revenue from a podcast, no matter who you are, that's not a good plan, booboo. You may as well just be like when my tax refund comes, or when I hit the lottery, or when Ray Ray give me back my fifty bucks. You know what I'm saying, Like chack you, but no integrity, no shame, So why am I surprised? Prosecutors argued that Santos had sufficient time to secure the funds to pay his two hundred and five thousand dollars fine. I just feel like that number of bears. Repeating they called his claims of being able to pay the fines through his podcast speculative hello, and said that delaying sentencing could set quote a perverse incentive structure that rewards famous defendants. Despite this, the judge said she'd delay his sentencing as a one time courtesy. I'll give you a little bit of time. She knows he ain't gonna come through, because why would this be any different. In August, Santos admitted to using another person's identity and credit cards, as well as campaign funds, as we said, for his own personal benefit. He originally faced twenty three federal charges of campaign finance fraud, including wire fraud, identity theft, money laundering, theft of public funds, making materially false statements to both the Federal Election Commission and the US House of Representatives. He initially pleaded not guilty to all charges, calling them a baseless witch hunt, but then later accepted a plea deal because he didn't want to go to trial and possibly suffered decades of prison time because you did that shit, baby, we can see you now. In addition to his two hundred and five thousand dollars fine, he also owes an additional three hundred and seventy five thousand dollars in restitution and could face up to eight years in prison for his criminal misdealings. Thing says, it's clear to me now that I allowed ambition to cloud my judgment, leading me to make decisions that were unethical and guilty. It's clear to you now, Bit you knew you are messy, stunt queen. Pleading guilty is a step I never imagined i'd take a bet, but it is a necessary one because it is the right thing to do. Yeuh huh. It's not only a recognition of my misrepresentation to others, but more profoundly, it is my own recognition of the lies I told myself over these past years. Bitch, you wrote this for you. I don't believe you wrote that. I don't believe you know how to write. I don't believe you went to school because raccoons can't write. So yeah, no one believes anything this person has to say about anything ever, and the fact that you're even getting until April is very very, very very kind. And pardon me while I utter a healthy a fall befall as we revel in this latest installment of.
Speaker 2: Shy people taking pleasure and your maine.
Speaker 1: That was tasty. So this is the point in the show where if Martha were here, she would say to me, do you have a fifteen minute fave, to which I would respond I do. So my fifteen minute fave this week comes from doci of whom I have become more and more of a fan as the days go on. Like she is just everything. She is a phenomenal rapper. The first time I actually paid attention to her, it was a video of a live performance and my girl was spitting and the mic was on. I was thoroughly impressed at a her lyricism, be her flow, and see her breath control. She was not bullshitting. She is the real deal. She's an EMC and her fellow mcs agree and hold her up as you know, this new hope for the genre. And she's an artist. She's just this like she is a creative force. Her performance on Stephen Colbert's show was beautiful. Her and her backup dancers connected by their braids. It was just beautiful imagery. I'm just a huge fan. And so my fifteen minute fave this week is Denial is a River, and it harkens back to you know, the real pure hip hop of the nineties. You know, it's got this real hard beat, it's got a nice articulate flow, it's telling a story, it's personal. I can't stop listening to it. And there's a perform of her doing it with the amazing Isa Ray and I can't stop watching that either. It's just I'm obsessed. I am obsessed with doche I'm obsessed with this song. I can't say enough good things about her or it. So we're gonna go out to the break with Denial as a river by Dochi. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: So if you are, why don't you just tell me what's been going on?
Speaker 1: Ka?
Speaker 4: Remember old dude from twenty nineteen, nice clean nikka demmy dirty hooded Entree took a scroll through his zig just to get a DM from his wife. I was so confused, what should don't she do? She didn't know about me, and I didn't know about so I opened up the messages and had to hit the zoon.
Speaker 5: Turns out the girl was really a dude nick.
Speaker 4: To pinky slipped back till I slipped back, got my lick back, turned the nikka to a nicknack. I'm fare Jawne dropped a couple of songs, and then I've been and got signed. That was twenty twenty one, Okay, I feel like this is the perfect opportunity for us to just take a second and kind.
Speaker 1: Of unpack what's happened to you?
Speaker 3: You know this guy cheated on you.
Speaker 4: And nah, fuck it, I kind of recognition bible recordect. I'm making so much money, I'm all ottle, but and then I'm moving so fast. Some time to process and no, I'm not in that gang, but I'm always on set. Bristwatch, drip drop label. Want the Tiktoks? Now I'm making TikTok music.
Speaker 2: What the fucked?
Speaker 4: I need a plans, need a detox. But we ain't got time to stop. The charts need us fast forward me twenty twenty three. I'm stacking lots of cheese and making Monty. My grass is really green, and honestly, I can't even have no more. This is a really dark time for me. I'm going through a lot.
Speaker 6: By a lot, you mean drugs, I wouldn't have drugs.
Speaker 2: No, it's no, I'm not just.
Speaker 1: And we're back. So I just want to jump into this real quick. It's time for the cavalcade of nonsense. So social media, as I repeatedly said, is a fucking sewer. We've already jumped ship from Twitter, slash x slash ill who raised you? And by we I mean full circle, I mean me, I mean Martha, I mean any place where our names were connected to that cesspool. I deactivated. Now Meta is losing their goddamn mind. And by they, I mean he. It's all Mark Zuckerberg. Meta unfortunately encompasses not only Facebook, which I've been over forever, but Instagram, which was my safe space, threads, which was, you know, my safe haven after we left X. Basically, Zuckerberg is eliminating fact checking from the apps, which you know, you'd hardly know that they were even there considering some of the nonsense people are saying on those apps, and he's leaving it up to the community as a whole to uphold the standards of truth and proper information. There's flat earthers on Facebook. There's the shit that gets said. It's like I, I often fear that it's going to infect me and I'm gonna start getting stupid, Like it hurts sometimes how stupid people are in fucking social media, like I just uugh, just ugh. And if that wasn't bad enough, he's basically eliminated the hateful conduct guidelines that were in place, which again I wasn't thoroughly convinced that there actually were in some cases because for the past four fucking years I'm constantly reporting shit people say, homophobic and transphobic and racist shit that people say, and it always gets bounced back. We didn't remove the post because we feel it didn't violate our community standards. Meanwhile, if you say men are trash, you get put in Facebook jail. But now like it's perfectly fine according to these guidelines over at Instagram and Facebook and threads to say shit like gay and trans people have a quote mental illness. That's the kind of shit that I would report to no avail, but at least you know I was getting in their ass about it. But now it's just not even a thing. The changes made to the Hateful Conduct Policy include removing language prohibiting content targeting people on the basis of their quote protected characteristics, which include race, ethnicity, gender identity when they are combined with quote claims that they have or spread the coronavirus. So you can just say whatever the fuck you want about the pandemic and coronavirus, which has already been a thing that people have been battling. People just spread all kinds of misinformation which leads to anti Asian violence and hate. Okay, that's fine, We're letting that go if you want to say, for instance, women shouldn't be allowed to serve in the military, or again, like I said, saying that queer and trans people are mentally ill, which is the current battle that I've been fighting online. That's perfectly fine. Originally, the hateful conduct policy was opened by noting that hateful speach may quote promote offline violence. That's been a thing in the policy since twenty eighteen. It's been removed from the updated version. You can't say that you're going to incite violence, but you can say the thing that will incite the violence. It's what are they trying to do? I really don't I really don't get it. This is all coming about because Zuckerberg feels that the company's current rules in these areas are just out of touch with mainstream discourse. Remember when stupid people felt too intimidated to contribute to conversation with smart folks because they knew they couldn't keep up. We've emboldened these motherfuckers into thinking that their opinions are just as valid, like, well, I have my right to my opinion, Yes you do, but you don't have to say everything that comes into your fucking little pea brain mind. I learned that shit when I was three and four on the bus. You don't just say what you feel like saying. There's this thing called polite society. Other people exist. You are not the main character in this world. This is not the U show starring you. But you know that's all gone. People can just say whatever they want. It doesn't matter if it's based in fact. It doesn't matter if there's any kind of evidence to back up what they're saying. No, no, no, no, no. This is you know, we have to have an open discourse. I mean, you're not allowed to say things like calling immigrants things like insects, animals, pathogens, other subhuman life forms. Just saying that they're criminals are immoral. But part of me thinks that's because there are white immigrants too. You still can't blatantly be a Holocaust denier. You can't post blackface, you can't say things about Jewish people controlling the media. There's also a specific ban against comparing black people to farm equipment. Does that mean you can can't call someone a hoe? I don't child. I just this shit is scary and it's emboldening this wild wild West mentality that's been gaining traction for the past eight goddamn years, and I just don't I just I don't know what to do. This motherfucker actually said it's not right that things can be said on TV or the floor of Congress, but not on our platforms, as though they should be said. They're either there's certain shit you're just not supposed to say out your face. What happened to that social media broke people? I swear to god, no one has manners, no one has any kind of sense of decorum. No, there's no sense of like individual responsibility. I can just say whatever the fuck I want because I'm sitting in a base in my mom's house and nothing's going to happen to me. But I will say what I've been saying, don't let your little president get your ass kicked. We all know that Zuckerberg has contributed to Trump's campaign in the millions, so he's part of that machine too, So none of this is actually surprising. But when you have so much of the pulse of American conversation under your control, this is some dystopian shit. But you know, online is online, real life is real life, And I say the same shit to people's face that I say in the front of this mic. So don't get it twisted. I will tell you about yourself and how your mama raised you wrong, and how you barely have four brain cells to click together. And you know what Wolf under a Rock raised you. Don't let your little president get your ass kicked. It's terrifying. The oh, you can just say trans people aren't real, gays aren't normal, trans people are freaks, women are crazy. But say men are trash, and see what happens to you. Say white, say the word white, and see what happens. It's fucking disgusting. And they call it protecting free speech, but they always want to they always want to lean into that whole right to free speech thing, but they always want to leave out that bit about yelling fire in a crowded theater. That is supposed to be the part about, you know, personal responsibility. You are not immune from the consequences of the shit you say. But they forget to mention that part. And I think that's what's emboldening these motherfuckers. You got to say all of it, mister free speech, You gotta say all of it. Glad President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis was swift to comment Zuckerberg's removal of fact checking programs and industry standard hate speech policies make metas platforms unsafe places for users and advertisers alike. That's right. This goes for the advertisers too. They can just say whatever the fuck they want to Without these necessary hate speech and other policies, Meta is giving the green light for people to target LGBTQ people, women, immigrants, and other marginalized groups with violence, vitriol, and dehumanizing narratives. With these changes, Meta is continuing to normalize anti LGBTQ hatred for profit at the expense of its users and true freedom, True freedom of expression, fact checking and hate speech policies protect free speech. Thank you. There's definitely responses against this, trying to return assemblance of normalcy. Erica Hilton, who is a black trans member of Brazil's Chamber of Deputies, has asked the UN to investigate this shift in Zuckerberg policies. Policy changes by large corporations like Meta continue to put the lives of LGBTQIA plus individuals at risk, Hilton wrote in a document sent to Nicholas Levrat, the UN Special Rappertoire on minority issues. She added that Meta's new policies can be considered complicit in the dissemination of practices that violate the rights of groups protected by Brazilian legislation. Indeed, and anywhere and everywhere else. Now one response that I do kind of love the queer staff at Meta have reportedly started taking time off because of mental illness. I'm calling out mentally ill. You can't have it both ways, you just can't. The actual phrasing of the hate speech guidelines, as far as that goes, are as follows quote. We do allow allegations of mental illness or abnormal when based on gender or sexual orientation, given political and religious discourse about transgender is and homosexuality and common not serious usage of words like weird transgenderism. That is the word that is banded about by these right wing people when trying to eradicate trans folks. I've been saying for it's been this ongoing rant with me. I looked at it in a timeline the other day, like twenty twelve to twenty fourteen. I was like, if it weren't for the fact that I have a dance company and a performance series to promote, I would just deactivate all this shit because I can't take it. And then twenty fifteen to twenty twenty, I'm like, if I didn't have this bar to promote, I would just activate all this shit because it's becoming ridiculous. I can't take it. And then fucking starting in twenty twenty two till five seconds ago, I'm like, if I didn't have this podcast to promote, I would just deactivate all this shit because it's fucking ridiculous and it's only getting worse. I thank goodness for places like Blue Sky, which so far are being very diligent about not allowing hate speech on its platform. There's also I discovered a social media platform, Spill, which is black owned and black run, and so far I'm enjoying that. There's also a Lemon eight, which is an alternative to TikTok. So you know there's up and coming platforms that are showing up, and you know, at least right now, it feels like social media used to feel back in the early MySpace days. You know, when it's just like fun and lighthearted, and so I go there to like decompress. But you know it's not gonna be long before Joe Mouth breather discovers that the shit exists and then tries to make a profile like I'm over social media, but it's like I'm trapped in the shit and I don't know what to do. So that being said, just remember you can always log off. You know, these people rarely have the courage of their convictions. There's a lot of people that are a lot of mouth, but when you confront them, they fold, Like if you confront them in real life, they tend to fold. Look them in the eye for longer than thirty seconds and see what happens. I'm just saying it's horrible, but it seems like it's a necessary part of society. For right now, I don't know what to do. It's like a fucking hamster wheel. So it's bullshit. I hate it, and we're going to see how long it takes before we're able to extricate ourselves from this nonsense. There's always discord full circles over on Discord and Blue Sky, so you know, Holatus show. That's all I can take of that for right now. So I wanna have a little break and come back with a little pop culture to cleanse my paletca be right back let's see. No, not ever heady to watch that yet?
Speaker 3: Uh huh, you know what, I'll just watch this again. Do you ever find yourself doomed scrolling your streamer looking for something to watch, but just to end up rewatching the same shows over and over again. Hi, I'm Dustin and welcome to the Rewatch Recap, a show where guests and I rewatch every episode in a TV season or a classic TV movie to see if it holds up and making fun of the parts that don't. So come on, Rewatchers, Let's revisit these shows together every Monday on the Rewatch Recap. Wherever podcasts are played.
Speaker 6: Are you seeking guidance in life? Need a comforting voice to guide you through the ups and downs? Look no further introducing Pedals of Support, the heartfelt podcast where life advice blossoms, hosted by the incredible mam Edy.
Speaker 5: Hello, dear listeners, Mama d here ready to share my wisdom and offer a listening ear. Life can be tough, but remember you're never alone. On Pedals of Support, I'll be your virtual mom, providing guidance and support when you need it most.
Speaker 6: Mamade's wisdom has been cultivated through years of experience and love. Her soothing words will melt away your worries and empower you to conquer life's chat nges, from navigating relationships to finding your true purpose. Mama D is here to help.
Speaker 5: Join me each week as we explore topics close to your heart, from self care and personal growth to parenting and finding inner peace. Will embrace every aspect of life's journey together. Let my voice wrap around you like a warm hug, reminding you that you are capable, loved, and cherished.
Speaker 6: Tune in to Pedals of Support and let Mamma Dede's motherly advice and encouragement nurture your soul. Subscribe today on your favorite podcast platform and embark on a transformative journey filled with love, support, and the wisdom only a mother can provide.
Speaker 5: Remember, my dear petals, you are stronger than you know. Together, will navigate life's garden, one bloom at a time, Amma D. And this is Petals of Support. Let's grow, learn, and flourish together.
Speaker 6: Pedals of Support, the podcast that embraces you like a mother's law. Subscribe now and let Mama D guide you on your beautiful journey.
Speaker 1: And we're back. I'm sorry, and we're back. I had to do both of those. The Golden Globes happened, and I didn't watch them this year because AO had to work and b I feel like I haven't seen enough of the things that were nominated, But after the awards, I'm like, oh, there's some stuff I gotta check out, like Amelia Perez, which won Best motion Picture Musical or Comedy over Wicked, which I was like, damn, because it's like the hypeover Wicked is insane. Martha and I still haven't it, but apparently we're going to rectify that this weekend. It also won over The Substance, which I haven't seen but I want to see. Amelia Parez also won Best Non English Language Motion Picture, and apparently that film has some strong positive trans representation, so that might be something that I can convince Martha to check out. Adrian Brody got Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Dramatic motion Picture for The Brutalist, which I've been wanting to see. He beat out Daniel Craig and Queer, which I also want to see because it's based on William S. Burrow's novel and I feel like I need to see everything based on WILLIAMS. Burrows, even though when I read Burrows Ma's Cross, like I read Naked Lunch once and was like, well, damn. I tried to read it again and I was like, nope, but I've seen the movie like eleven thousand times. And Coleman Domingo was also nominated in this category for Sing Sing, which I watched Coleman Domingo do anything because Fias Zoe Saldana won Best Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role in Any Motion Picture again for Amelia Paez. There was some really cool stuff and I definitely want to check it out. Wicked did win for Cinematic in Box Office Achievement, which is a new category, and that makes sense because the marketing game for Wicked was in Sanata. Like I'm surprised, like they didn't just bring in the Akas as part of their marketing campaign because of the Pink and Green Child. Best Television Series Drama went to Showgun, which everyone in their mama keeps telling me I have to watch. Hacks won for Best Television Series Musical or Comedy because duh, gene. Smart one for Best Performance by a Female Actor in a Musical or Comedy Television Series also for Hacks again because duh beating out Katherine Han in Agatha all Along, which that makes sense, like as much as I love Catherine Hahn and she killed it in Agatha Along and Jean Smart. She even beat out Quinta Brunson, which was probably her real competition in that category. For Abbott Elementary. Jeremy Allen White won Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Musical or Comedy for The Bear, which Martha loves. I could not. I couldn't watch that show. It's too stressful for me. Colin Ferrell won Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Limited Series, anthology, series, or Motion Picture made for Television for The Penguin, and damn it definitely should have because that was some like superior acting. Talk about disappearing into a character that was Colin Farrell in The Penguin. We finished that this past weekend and it was a so good, Like I'm so glad that I got Martha into it. She really enjoyed it, as I knew she would sometimes you gotta listen to me. So yeah, we got some stuff to catch up on, and I always learn about new things to watch because of the Golden globes. That's just like how that works. I finally, finally, finally finished watching Interview with the Vampire. I was watching it when it was first run with Martha, but she wouldever for whatever reason, wasn't feeling it and fell off. And then there's just so many fucking things to watch on TV, so I never got to finish it, and I'm like, damn it, I can't watch Mayfair Witches until I finished Interview with the Vampire because that's just the way it is. And I finally finished it, and damn it, it was so good. And I bet you I can convince miss Thing to go back and finish the season with me, because YO, so good and so gay and so fabulous, just just just good. It was just good. Real quick. I read in Queerity that they are remaking the film The Running Man, and the cast is going to be like all kinds of queer, and it's going to be all kinds of homo erotic, and I'm like, more homo erotic than the Arnold Schwarzenegger version where everyone's running around and span dex oneseas and shit. But okay, I want to see how that works. The Running Man is based on Stephen King novel under his pseudonym of Richard Bachmann, and it's set in it when it was written back in the day. It was set in twenty twenty five, and it's about a dystopian future where murderer is televised murderers entertainment. Maybe I don't want to watch this shit that I'm saying it out loud, but the cast, I'm excited. Sean Hayes is going to be involved. We don't know as whom yet. Coleman Domingo is going to be playing the TV host, which in the original film was played by Richard Dawson, so I'm excited about that. Glenn Powell is going to be playing Ben Richards Queer actor Katie O'Brien is going to be playing the Maria Kenchieda Alonso part from the original. I'm excited. I'm excited because I love the Running Man. I've seen the movie like eleven thousand times. I'm curious to see if they're going to stick with the format that the movie the original movie gave as far as the ending, or if they're going to go with the much darker ending of the book. But I'll be there and I really I want to see Coleman Domingo as the host because that's a role that he can sink his teeth into and you get to be evil and charismatic. Ooh, I can't wait. I just want to see what he's gonna wear because ooh, child, And that's kind of all I have for pop culture. So you know what we got to do next? Little podcast business. If you haven't already, why don't you swing on by Apple Podcasts or Good Pods or wherever you enjoy our show and leave us a review or a rating, or hit that subscribe button five stars and more. Please follow us on social at Full Circle the Pod on Instagram and threads at Full Circle the Podcast on TikTok. You can follow Martha at I'm Martha Madrigal Everywhere. Her writing can be found at i Ammarthamadrigal dot WordPress dot com, i am at Never Stirred Everywhere, or you can just visit our link tree, link tree slash, Full Circle Thepod. If you have a story, idea, or some gossip, or just want to say hi and tell us we're doing a great job, drop us a line at ask Full Circlepod at gmail dot com. We'd love to hear from you. You could also consider supporting Full Circle the Podcast by becoming a patron at our Patreon, Patreon, dot com slash Full Circle the Pod. Starting at just a three dollars a month tier, you get access to all of our episodes add free and before everyone else. Then, starting at the six dollars a month heire, you get access to our behind the scenes in bonus footage and it only gets better from there. It's fun. Over at the Patreon, you can also check out our Discord channel Full Circle the Podcast podcast business over. Okay, Well, now that we've gotten that out of the way, thank you for sitting down and listening to just me in another minisode, first minisod of twenty twenty five. Who I appreciate each and every one of you. We love our listeners. You are everywhere. You are all across the US, you are all across the world, and we are so grateful that you come to us. Each week. Martha and I will be sitting down with a wonderful author of a cool children's book called The ABC's of Women's History. I must have said the word wonderful like eighteen thousand times while I was reading it, and it's so inclusive and it's so much fun, and it's not just for young readers. So we're gonna be talking with the author of that book in our next episode, and hopefully after that Martha and I will be sitting down again and talking about more things with you, because that's what I enjoy doing. I enjoy sitting with my baby and hashing through this shit because it's how I stay sane. So in the meantime, I have been your host. Charles Tyson Jr. Martha Madrigal sends her love thank you so much for joining us here at Full Circle. The podcast Talk to You Soon by Rewe. Full Circle is a Never Skurred Productions podcast hosted by Charles Tyson Junior and Martha Madrigal, produced and edited by Never Scurred Executive Produced by Charles Tyson Jr. And Martha Madrigal. Our theme in music is by the jingle Berries. All names, pictures, music, audio, and video clips are registered trademarks and or copyrights of their respective copyright holders.