Speaker 1: All right, let's dive into today's Minnesota Goodbye. I was you ever listen to a podcast that's just so dry and so bad that, like, I actually rated a podcast the other day because I was like going out for a walk, or I was on the I think I was on the stair stepper over at Snap and I was like, okay, I need a new podcast, and I run out of this one, and so I listened to one and it was like maybe I don't know. I don't want to pick on anybody, but it was a history podcast. So you go back through and you look at all the episodes and you go, oh, here's one on the Hindenberg disaster.
Speaker 2: Expect those to be kind of dryer now, but some.
Speaker 1: People do a really good job with sound effects and music and producing them and interview clips or whatever. And this one was just so dry that I became Karen and I left a review and I said, and I did, And I remember I was on the treadmill the stepper at Snap and I was looking at the guy next to me. He had earbuds in so he couldn't hear me leaving a bad review, because I thought he would think I was a real idiot for leaving a bad review, like you know, there I am on this yer, so.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was, Oh my god, I least just text that one out.
Speaker 1: I can't. You can't step, Jenny.
Speaker 3: And you can't step without using your hand, No, you can, you can. I go to his stereometic clause all the time. If you're going slow enough, you can.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many steps a minute do you go? I go about forty eight to fifty one steps a minute, which sounds slow, but that's a pretty good clip.
Speaker 3: I don't really know because we the classes I take, I go from like there's like a base level and then there's like a sprinting level, so it depends on what they have us doing in that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I go about forty eight. Is on level five forty eight or fifty one steps per minute, which is about as much as I can handle. And so I'm listening to this podcast and it's really dry, and it was like it was something about this fog, like the Marsden fog or something that swept over part of the country in the forties, and it was some sort of poisonous fog that killed dozens of people. Really, and the guy who is doing. It explained fog and why fog happens, and the difference between smog and fog, and did you know that smog is a combination of smoke and fog. And he's going on with all his shit that nobody gives a fuck about, and I was like, get on with it. So I stopped because he never did get to did you look up Marsden Fogg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not called that, it's not called the Martin.
Speaker 1: It's some other fog that killed a lot of people in nineteen forty seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Donora smog of nineteen forty eight, that sounds right, Yeah, Bettley Fogg that killed twenty people and sickened thousands in Denorra, Pennsylvania. There it is fascinating.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it. So I thought, okay, well that sounds interesting. Here's a piece of history I've never learned about. So I'm listening to this and he's going on and on about the difference between smog and smoke and fog, and then he takes forever to get to it, no music, no sound effects, and I was like, this is the most dry podcast I said. I never got I didn't get into it. And I finally had to turn it off, so I left a snarky two star review.
Speaker 4: What star?
Speaker 1: Two star? And I think this is a common thing. I've noticed this in the radio business. You can find somebody who's an expert on something. They know everything, but they're terrible on the radio.
Speaker 2: If they're remunicating.
Speaker 4: Huh, what was your review would you write?
Speaker 1: I wrote something like, this is the driest podcast ever. I said, this is a typical example of somebody who knows their stuff but does not know how to tell a story. And so it was kind of a dick But I don't care, you know, don't do a bit. So anyway, maybe we need more sound effects and music for our podcast, I got you. Okay, Well, no, I don't think we need Bailey's sound effects, but I will say that it wouldn't be cool if we had little like a little what they had on board soundboard. Remember you used to call people when like when you were in middle school, you would call people and use the soundboard to have the conversation with them. Okay, you remember this?
Speaker 2: What button would you press? Dave right now? The I don't want we have me and you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose anyway, is there a way we can spice it up. Maybe somebody listening can write us a theme song for the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't have it just depends though, because it's very tricky with music.
Speaker 1: Now, well, no, they write us, one write.
Speaker 4: Also, we have to have the rights to whatever music.
Speaker 1: It's too they know they we give us the rights. So for example, if I write a brand new original melody, yes, and I say, you guys have my permission to use this.
Speaker 4: I want them to compose a whole entire song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, I'll not just play like a you know, a Sabrina Carpenter song. But if you compose a song and play it on your cassio keyboard, email it to Ryan Show at ktwbat dot com. We might use that as the official theme song to open and close the Minnesota Goodbye Great.
Speaker 2: Spice it up a little bit, and then I'll do sound effects.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's necessary, but garbage disposal, Sarah writes in she says, hello, you crazy cats, Let's talk social media etiquette posting a picture of the bride or the groom before they post pictures.
Speaker 4: Jenny, no party file.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, hold on on a story to say like congratulations or something.
Speaker 4: I feel like you should be able.
Speaker 2: To right because it takes forever for the professional photos to come out.
Speaker 3: But now I'm questioning myself because I posted a photo of a wedding the summer, and then I had a video of the couple dancing in it.
Speaker 2: I think if the wedding if somewhere on their little program that they give you, if it has use hashtag blah blah blah, let's get hitched to know, like, oh, show off your photos and show that you're here. If they have a hashtag, then you can post as many pictures as you want. Okay, yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But do people do that? Do people actually like, Oh, I'm at the wedding, so I'm at the wedding, I post a picture of the ceremony as it's still going on. Do people do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, because I will say that, my one friend got married and she was so hyped because I had taken like a lot of fun videos of behind the scenes of the reception and she was like, God, You're always so good at capturing the moments, Like thanks for doing this.
Speaker 4: She was happy.
Speaker 1: Another email to Ryan Show at kadiwb dot com let me push the right tag here and okay, here we go to add to the discussion, says Angela about sitting at concerts. If I'm at a concert form my favorite artist, I'm in the front row, I am standing the entire time. I will always be mindful of my surroundings too, but I am there to have a good time. I've been in lower level, club level, and most people stand. I've never been around people that tell others they need to sit if they are sitting. We had a big discussion yesterday about standing at concerts and whether it's okay to stand, and some people think that all right, stand for a little bit, but don't stand for the whole thing. I think it depends on the song, it depends on the artist. It depends on the age of the crowd. I'm gonna guess I mean, okay, Taylor Swift, I did not go. But there's kind of an not in all ages, but definitely from probably eight years old up to about thirty five probably is crowd. Probably mostly women, a lot of moms with their daughters. Did people stand or sit?
Speaker 4: I say both? I don't know.
Speaker 2: How was that concert good? Good? You're a woman of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the hype also to Bailey. My daughter was also chosen at Universal Harry Potter. I don't have her wand chosen for her, and it was so cool. What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: So, like, you go into this wand shop and it's it's Ollivander's wand Shop, and you go in and then this guy who's dressed up like he's an old wand wizard guy, he's like, hello, welcome to my shop, like the wand chooses the wizard and blah blah blah. And you're in a big group, kind of like a tour group almost, and then they just like look at you and they go like, you there, you look like you need a wand is that correct? And they pick me every time because I look excited to be there, I guess. And then you end up like walking up to the little counter and then there are all these like cute little like practical magic effects that they have happened to make it look like you're doing actual magic.
Speaker 1: Oh, so they give you.
Speaker 2: Different wands and you wave them and then like yeah, then they give you three wands, and on your third wand a light comes up from the bottom of the desk, so it looks like you're illuminated and then a wind comes up, so you look like, oh, this is the wand for you. But then they sell it to you, and.
Speaker 4: Of course do you get it for free?
Speaker 2: No, you don't get it for free. They But because I've been picked twice, I have two wands because I'm like, well, I got to memorialize this moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to tell you, mister spoiled pants. My son Carson has probably six or eight one six or eight yes, wow, because we've been there a couple of times and he's like, I want a wah, I want a wand. And it's like and I saw them in his closet, because what do you do with a wand when you get.
Speaker 2: It home, it's sitting in my room at my mom's home.
Speaker 1: You put it in your closet. So he's got six or eight ones in his bedroom closet. He hasn't lived at home in five issu years. And I said, do you want to sell? No? And I'm like, well we can probably go on ebit.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No, And I'm like you never to know, so I don't know, but I will tell you. Last time we were at Harry Potter World, I think was back in no January or something, I don't remember exactly, and he it was so cute because he loved Harry Potter. It was really the only book that he really read when he was a kid. And I don't know, it's like, which house do you live in? Is that what you do?
Speaker 2: Which house are you in? Not? So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he would go back and talk to some guy who worked at the Harry Potter store. Yeah, and he would, you know that he And I remember watching him nod and answer questions and with a kind of a shy, awkward smile on his face as the guy's like, do you this? Do you this? And he's like, Okay, you're in the blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: What what house is he in?
Speaker 1: It was the same as you, I believe.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's the same as me. Okay, I don't know, then, Jenny, what house are you in?
Speaker 4: I was in Slytherin when I was like chosen.
Speaker 2: I sound unhappy about that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I was very unhappy about Oh.
Speaker 2: I was thrilled.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I wanted to be in Gryffindor. I wanted to be where Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: Was because I sent somebody a picture and I thought it was you, and I said, Carson's getting his house show.
Speaker 2: You must have. Then it must be Slytherin. Yeah, yea yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And you said you're in the same house as me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, then Slytherin. So that's the evil one.
Speaker 1: That's the evil one. Yes, okay, makes no sense to me. You might as smell speaking Mandarin Chinese. I never you know, I totally respect Harry Potter. I respect like the success of the Harry Potter series. I read the first chapter and I realized, you know, I don't like wizards. I don't like you know, spells. It's just not my You don't like fun, that's the real I like fun, but I like it like airplanes. Have airplanes in there, horses, airplanes.
Speaker 2: Cowboys that fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're playing quidditch. I do another plane quidditch?
Speaker 2: What hippogriff flies?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the first Harry Potter movie, Alison and I went to it together and it was at the theater. I want to say, it's not there anymore. In Shockapy. It's on a Sunday, snowy Sunday afternoon. Alison and I went and they had the TV on in the lobby the people behind the concessions counter. We're watching the Vikings game. The Harry Potter movie was like just get it over with. So every ten minutes I would go out and watch the Vikings game with the kid that worked at the concessions.
Speaker 2: Ste Do you hate fun?
Speaker 1: I just don't care about Harry Potter. To me, it's like silliness and I will give you and I'm not complaining. The Harry Potter ride at Universal should be called the Vomitron. It is such fun. It's in a such an aggressive ride.
Speaker 4: It's one where you.
Speaker 1: Sit on something and it spins you around that it shows you projected images on the wall and it makes it look like you're flying a million miles an hour, and it, you know, jumps around and turns and twists to make it. It's like a simulated motion yees kind of a ride. Fuck me Blue, it's so seriously that ride makes me sick.
Speaker 2: Can I give a tip to all of our listeners about that ride. If you're in Harry Potter World and you want to go on that ride that's inside of the castle, pretend that you left something in the lockers that are inside, and you'll skip half the line. What because there's like a line locker outside of the castle, and then once you get inside the castle, there are lockers because you have to lock your stuff up so it doesn't fall out. And then you have the rest of the line and just skip it.
Speaker 1: Ha. And we are now out of time. We're headed out to the do the freeway cleanup, so we are a little bit short on time today, also a little bit short on emails and send those in. Some people did send links in that I did not get to look at, but I will examine those probably for tomorrow's Minnesota Goodbye. We love a link though. We do send those into Ryan Show at KATIWB dot com. Bring up a new topic, bring up something that has not been brought up, something that you have a question about, something that you want to comment on, anything like that. We love your emails. It's always a lot of fun for us to do because we on the rest of the show, we know what's going to happen at a lot of the time, but on Minnesota Goodbye, we have no idea what you're going to write about, and it keeps it a lot of fun. Send it to Ryan Show at KATIWB dot com. Thank you for listening and