Speaker 1: For Orlando's rock station, The Lynching Taco Show. On Thursdays, we get you update on some of the latest news out of the tech world.
Speaker 2: Check it out. Let's check it out.
Speaker 1: Reminder, we do have some prizes coming up that you might be interested in, including a flyaway out to Vegas for you and a guest plus one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: It's the first of three for our iHeartRadio Music Festival. We'll give you a keyword around nine oh five, but don't worry. We'll remind you we want as many JRR listeners out there in Vegas represent as possible.
Speaker 1: An update to a story we talked about last week at this time, the terms of service agreements, you know the Raglan What was the name of the joint. I'm gonna I'll go ahead and refresh this here. There was a wrongful death lawsuit that was brought against Disney family. Visited a restaurant in the Disney Springs Complex, Raglan Road, the Irish Joint. There cool place by the way. Yeah. What happened is one of the people in the party that was being served had a food allergy. They alerted the server. This is their story, This is their side of the story. They alerted the server of the allergy this one person had and would that be a problem. They were like, nope, We'll make sure every person ended up dying. And the claim is it was a reaction to something that was served to them despite being told, you know, hey, can't be bringing them this, this or that because you could kill the allergy. So the family placed this wrongful death lawsuit. Disney's legal team countered that you can't bring us to court because this situation warrants arbitration rather than litigation, because you signed up for a free trial of Disney Plus a couple of years ago and agreed to the terms of service, and in that says, if you have any you knows that arise legally, it's to be settled via arbitration and not in a courtroom. Well, as you can imagine, the backlash once the story got out, there was swift.
Speaker 2: And remember Kauflin, when we addressed it with him, he goes, that's a really big stretch. He goes, it won't pass. It won't go.
Speaker 1: The statement this week from the chairman of Disney Experiences, Josh Diamaro. With such a unique circumstances as the ones in this case. We believe this situation warrants a sensitive approach to expedite a resolution for the family who've experienced such a painful loss. As such, we've decided to waive our right to arbitration and have the matter proceding court. Okay, that she never gets to court still just just kind of goes away, that's what you think, kind of goes away. We'll see. Conspiracy theorists are going bonkers over this. Did you see the story about the super yacht that sank yes, size and sank off.
Speaker 2: Of Cis Yes, I did. Okay.
Speaker 1: Five bodies have been retrieved from that sunken vessel, including the body of British technology entrepreneur Mike Lynch.
Speaker 2: This guy.
Speaker 1: Was the former chief executive officer at Hewlett Packard's company's Autonomy units. Lynch co founded the software firm Autonomy and became the target of a protracted legal battle with Hewlett Packard after the firm accused Lynch of inflating Autonomy's value to an eleven point seven billion dollar sale, with HP taking an eight point eight billion dollar right down on the value of the company within a year of buying it.
Speaker 2: So you can see, we're conspiracy theory might be going ballistic here. Oh, they're just they're just lapping this up like a dog in a gravy factory. Yeah, you know they are. They're just going oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Lynch was also acquitted in June of fraud Charts in a surprise victory in the US court following a trial that lasted three months. He had faced charges of wire fraud and conspiracy for allegedly scheming to inflate Autonomy's revenue. He denied wrongdoing and told jurors HP botched Autonomies integration.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, Pat, I am. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and I have stuff going through my head right because super just capsize all the time. I saw the news up here yesterday when we were talking before it. It went to conspiracies and it was one of those ones that has an entire crew of people running it. I'm sorry, I watched below deck. They have a below deck sailing Pat as well. Quite sure were that factors in here, but okay, I've seen these crews. They're not letting that thing go down. We got some great news. If you were subscribing to NFL Sunday Ticket this season. YouTube TV has upgraded the multiview function to now allow for this new season for the individual subscribers to choose what they want on their screen in multiview up to four games. Good. So the way it.
Speaker 1: Worked before, In case you haven't had the Sunday Ticket through YouTube yet, they did have a multiview option, but it was pre arranged sets of games. You could choose this one, that one now, and that one. It always seemed like you were missing one game that you would have put in the mix. Now you will have the control over that is that now? That's for Sunday tickets Sunday This same for red Zone. Though red Zone is an add on to Sunday Ticket or a standalone you can make red Zone part of your multiview.
Speaker 2: I know that, and that's why I'm asking it. Am I allowed on red Zone to do what you're saying on Sunday Ticket.
Speaker 1: You don't have Sunday Ticket because I just have Red Zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's what I just want to clarify, because I'd like to.
Speaker 1: You'll be able to do multiview and have red Zone is one of your choice and then the local games that are being shown as that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've done that all right, there you go. I'm I'm zone. It's so red zone that I couldn't even cancel it in the off season. You should see the w NBA packages I've I've been offered.
Speaker 1: Is it just me or its just sound a little sketchy. California announces a new deal with tech firms to fund journalism.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: At the expense of taxpayer dollars. So they're gonna take taxpayer money and invest it in journalism, isn't Journalism is supposed to be independent?
Speaker 2: And I think so, yeahst time I heard, I'll just I'm stepping away.
Speaker 1: I just thought i'd bring that up.
Speaker 2: I'm stepping away from that. Somebody text so we kind of need the story to go like this, somebody you got that you know who paid for your schooling?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm yeah, So now that story's being edited, right, I'm pet somebody's texted in, so it's from the tech side. I don't know if it's one hundred percent right. Don't forget the other officer of HP got killed a couple of weeks ago jogging. Is that one of the conspiracies that that's they're absolutely right snogging in the UK.
Speaker 1: Remember there's no such thing as a coincidence. I watch crime drama shows. I know this.
Speaker 2: He watches crime drama and I watch Below Deck. We are like Cagney and Lacy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ford yesterday announcing we're gonna hit the brakes on UH electric vehicle plans. Ford said it is killing a planned three to row electric suv and pushing back a new electric version of its best selling pickup, the F one fifty. This is the latest delay by the US automaker in the electric vehicle department. Basically consumer demand and is not at the level where Ford believes this is the right move for them to be producing these vehicles right financially. I said, the demand is just don't There's plenty of people who want to buy electric vehicles, but not enough for them to expand even further on their current lineup. That's what they're saying. And new item being sold called Movie Scent. This has been tried in various incarnations over the years and trying to have smells coincide with what you're watching on your screen.
Speaker 2: Too much, that's too far.
Speaker 1: It's a device that will release real time sense based on events and environments within movies, TV shows, televised sporting events and streaming content with SENSE that currently include ocean, fresh cut, Grass, restaurant, forest, and Storm. There's also a clean Air, which can essentially be used as a palate cleanser to re establish a normal baseline after other SENSE have been used for various scenes. This is going to cost one hundred and seventy nine bucks. A new sense will be added all the time. Oh, you can get it for one hundred and forty nine dollars in advance. This is the old Smellow vision prepackaged. This is scratching sniff on TV. John Waters director John Waters, actually did that gimmick for a movie many many years ago. Yeah, moviegoers were handed scratching sniff cards to coincide with scenes in the movie. And I thought this was a joke when I first saw it, but I verified it through about three different sources. Chick fil A is developing a streaming service that will showcase family friendly content. They plan to focus on unscripted content like reality and game shows, but also scripted shows and animation. Do you need another streaming service subscription? Chick fil A is going to be there for you. Maybe they should just stick to make and doing what They do really.
Speaker 2: Well, keeping the drive through line going and making a hell of a chicken sandwich. There is your ticket out for this week Lynch and taking on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere. This is JR R from the Bogan Munds