Speaker 1: Look up, we've come all the things on the bottom. Oh wow, is you You're my favorite views?
Speaker 2: But that's nothing and we are back.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Creatures, bitches.
Speaker 4: I've been waiting to do that since yesterday. Yeah, gotta gotta get creature shirts made for the people who are fans of the show. We are doing Friday content today for the last I don't know, two weeks. Every time we've sat down to record, I've been like, I need to get that document together for the going no contact, need to get that document together. Even set in alarm while we were live the other day, but we were live for so long. The alarm went off while we were live, and I still didn't fucking send that document to our website guy. So this morning, while we were trying to figure out what we're doing, because we have to we have to go live for TikTok at ten, which is eight am now, and then we have to go live for YouTube at eleven or ten thirty eleven. However we decide to do that. So we're trying to work through our day to make our day work as functional as possible. Normally, Friday content would be in the evening, but we're behind on Friday Content and we're ahead on podcasts. So what do you think about this episode? What do I think about about the whole going no contact thing?
Speaker 5: I think that going no contact is the last resort. Yeah, that is the Going no contact is hard. There's different levels of that hard. Right, cutting off a friend who's been abusive to you would be a little bit easier than cutting off your mother, right, And cutting off your mother might be a little bit easier than leaving your spouse that you've been with for ten years. There is a level of of grieving that has to happen, and there has to be a level of once you make this decision. You either need to stand firm in this decision because you've talked a whole lot up until this point, and if you allow this person back into your life with an apology, that you have no other ground to stand on. There are no other consequences that can take place for them to recognize that they're mistreating you. It's a really big decision and it's a lot to uphold. If that's what you decide to do. It's hard.
Speaker 2: So maybe this is me being cynical, okay, right, And it could be maybe I'm just jaded. I think that it's.
Speaker 4: Becoming more common to run from your problems than it is to face them, and people are finding themselves in mildly uncomfortable situations. And because people have become so fucking weak, it's easier to go no contact than it is to have a conversation with the people that you think is abusing you.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, right.
Speaker 2: Somebody having a difference in political opinion is not abuse.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Somebody holding you accountable for your fucking toxic behavior is not abuse.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Somebody telling you that you know what you're doing is unbecoming of you, and that they believe in you and they believe that you can do better is not abuse.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: There's a whole lot of of a rock snake sheds its skin between a rock and a hard place, right, Like, there's a whole lot of accountability and growth that comes from having people that you love and that love you give you criticism.
Speaker 3: Not malicious criticism.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, criticism without love is cruelty. Right.
Speaker 4: So if somebody's like, hey, what you're doing is kind of fucked up, and it's coming from a place of love, it's because they want to see you do better. I think that if somebody loves you and they don't tell you the things that you're doing wrong, they don't love you.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 4: There's a whole lot of you need to hold the people that you love to a standard because you love them. I can ignore a whole lot of shit from people that I don't care about, right, I can let a lot of shit slide from people I don't care about, But when it comes to the people that I love and the people I care about, like, I expect more from the people in my life. And this isn't a matter of if you're going to be in my life, you have to meet these standards. It's a matter of I love you and I know you're capable of more. Therefore you need to meet these standards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it all makes sense. Yeah, it all makes.
Speaker 4: Sense, Jay, And the chat said amen to that. Part of my integration was to answer that phone call. How can I know I've changed, slash grown if I always avoid the trigger doesn't mean my parents changed, but that I truly did. It's a phenomenal statement.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: If you are unaware, we record all of our content live in front of our Patreon audience. If you were not a member of our Patreon. You were missing a discord community of over a thousand people. That is unlike any community that I've ever been a part of, and I'm a part of a lot. There's a lot of accountability, a lot of growth, and a lot of support and a lot of You need that, especially if you are contemplating cutting off your family members, yes, or friends or whatever. So do you want to just jump into it? I prepared a little thing to read and then we can go step by step. There's ten points, and then we can send this document to our web guide to get it uploaded to the website. I may have to take my glasses off to read on this thing, yep. I can read the comments on the TV way easier that way, though.
Speaker 5: So while you're pulling that up, I want to add on to what we were just talking about. Sure, let's go so with everything that we said. My husband and I have both cut people off in our lives, family members, past friends, exes, whatever the case may be. Can't say if it was the right or the wrong decision, but I know that I healed from it. I am a better person because of it. And you know, we're here all the time. You'll regret if you cut your mother out of your life, or if you stop talking to your brother and he passes away, you're gonna regret it. Yes, you can say that, but I don't regret it right now in this moment, And that is what matters most to me. When I'm laying on my deathbed at eighty ninety one hundred years old and I'm looking back on my life, it's my fucking life. You guys don't have to worry about any of that because you're not gonna have to to tell God why I made my choices. You're not gonna have to repent for the sins of the things that I've done. Stay in your lane, worry about you. If somebody is trying to guilt you into maintaining a friendship, I would real shit start like looking real hard at that person too.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: Why why do you feel like you are in a position to tell me what's best for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: On that whole God thing, Because that's something that people are gonna bring up. You're gonna have to answer to God as to why you stop. You needn't honor your parents, parents, didn't honor the child.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 4: Right, there's a whole lot of ebb and flow. In a relationship, there's an energy transference that's got to happen, and I can love them and not have them in my life. There's a difference. I've removed every blood relative I have except for one, and even the one that I have in my life, we don't speak very often. We don't have a relationship. There's nothing in common there. So like sharing DNA is a thing, but that doesn't make the relationship a thing. Like if I didn't know him and didn't know that he was my cousin, and he walked past me on the street, we don't look anything alike. I would never know that we were related, So what where would there be a Well, you gotta share blood, you have to be cool with each other.
Speaker 2: No the fuck. I don't like that relation blood.
Speaker 3: They have treated me better right well.
Speaker 4: And and what I mean in that situation is just because you share blood doesn't mean the relationship is going to be there. You're not gonna you know, there's people guarantee it, right, there's people out there that you are related to that could be third, fourth, fifth cousin that you would never know and you walking by them. It's not going to be like a stir bar on a magnet. You're not gonna know that it's your people. You're just gonna walk by and go about your life. The relationship matters, So are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: Anything else? Before I jump in?
Speaker 3: I had it, But you transition, so you go ahead, okay.
Speaker 4: Going to contact has become much more common in the last decade, especially as therapy, language, social media, psychology, and personal boundaries have entered mainstream culture. Some of that shift has been healthy, some of it has been used to escape consequences shitty behavior, and has only excused your toxic behavior. Historically, family relationships were often treated as permanent obligations, regardless of behavior. Today, however, many people are asking a different question. Does this relationship contribute to my well being, my joy, or my over all quality of life? Or does it consistently disrupt it? The question has led many adults to create distance from their parents, sibling, former partners, and even lifelong friends. The strongest reasons that people go no contact usually involve repeated patterns rather than isolated incidents. And pause for a second, because it's very important to recognize that nobody wakes up one day and goes well, mom was disrespectful yesterday, fucked that bitch. Never gonna speak to her again. This is a ongoing thing that has probably happened since childhood, and somebody has finally gotten so sick of your shit that they're like, you know, I don't have to right right, the little bit of joy or help because some people are only in relationships with people to get fucking help that they provide to me is not worth the other eighty five to ninety percent of anguish. And like the math just doesn't add up here.
Speaker 3: By my girl, math, that's ay no dog, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a no for me. Dog.
Speaker 4: So the strongest reasons that people go no contact usually involve repeated patterns rather than isolated incidents. Chronic emotional abuse, manipulation, control, addiction with no accountability, physical violence, repeated betrayal, constant boundary violations, situations where every interaction leaves the person feeling depleted, anxious, guilty, or emotionally destabilized. In those cases, no contact often becomes less about punishment and more about self preservation. I think that's the answer to going no contact. Self preservation.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: So one of the biggest mistakes that people make is confusing discomfort with harm. A parent disagreeing with your lifestyle is not abuse. A spouse holding you accountable is not automatically toxic, and it certainly doesn't make them a fucking narcissist. A friend challenging your beliefs is not necessarily harmful. Relationships can bring friction, and growth requires that friction. The harder question is whether the relationship contains a pattern of disrespect, manipulation, coheresion, humiliation, gas lighting, or chronic emotional instability. That's where many people begin considering to go no contact. Parents and adult children are where this conversation is especially complicated. Many parents grew up in generations where emotional intelligence was not taught right, had to do a whole lot of learning to be able to be where I am right now, and I'm still not where I want to be. They may have been controlled, or been taught how to be controlling, emotionally, unavailable, critical, or dismissive. Their adult children often reach a point where they recognize the damage that those patterns caused. Some work through it, some create boundaries, some eventually to choose to go no contact. At the same time, we are also seeing a modern trend where some people cut off family members quickly because they don't share values, political beliefs, parenting styles, or life choices. That's where discernment becomes important. Disagreement is not abuse, and perfection is not toxicity. Being hurt by someone does not automatically mean that they are harmful. I'm not mean, you're just weak, right, Or I'm not scary you're scared. There's a difference between these things. So here's a useful framework. Can the person here feedback, can they acknowledge their impact? And can they respect boundaries? Ultimately, do you believe that over time they can change their behaviors. If the answer is consistently no, despite repeated efforts, distance starts becoming a more reasonable option. Bible maybe would be a good word there as well. Yeah, but not a definitive. This is not a we have to do this kind of thing. The grief of no contact is often misunderstood. Most people aren't grieving the person. They're grieving the relationship that they believed could or would exist. They're grieving the father that they wanted, the mother they needed, or the partner that they imagined. Maybe it's the family that they thought they would eventually have However, the loss of that possibility is often more painful than the loss of the actual relationship. And when you think about what these relationships are, it's not really a relationship. There is some sort of dynamic happening back and forth, or some sort of energy siphoning, some sort of control or manipulation or horrible thing that's even making people feel like they need to go no contact. And when you really think about the relationship and what those ratios are, it makes the cutting people off a whole lot fucking easier anything.
Speaker 3: I have a lot, but I want you to finish the document.
Speaker 4: You want me to finish the document, or getting to the point where we get to the ten steps, the ten questions, because this is I only have a paragraph left to read and then I've got questions.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, you need to make sure that this is not a reaction. This needs to be a well thought out decision. Cutting off your family is one of the most serious moves a person can make. It will affect your identity, history and your internal sense of belonging. If you rush it, you risk acting from emotion. If you avoid it, you risk stain in harm. The goal is not distanced. The goal is truth, stability, and self respect. So we've created a process to see if this is right for you, not just a checklist to justify what you already want to do.
Speaker 5: I like this document. Yeah, yeah, this is a good document. The self preservation is what I got hung up on, because that is what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you are.
Speaker 5: In a relationship with somebody who is overbearing and controlling and does not see you as a separate person or still infantalizes you, does not believe that you are a capable adult, it is detrimental to your mental health, to your spiritual health.
Speaker 3: You question everything that you do.
Speaker 5: It was one of the most painful things for me to cut people out of my life, right, Like, every time it happened there, I was sobbing. Am I making the right choice or the quote unquote right choice or the best thing for you is not always going to feel good? But you have to ask yourself which not feel good? Do you want to choose?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: There's a whole lot of other things that people don't think about. The amount of people who are in relationships because there is help, like financial help or right or just knowing that like there's a babysitter in an emergency, or if I need a car ride, maybe they'll be there. Or what if I can't pay my electric bill this month? I know Mom will give me the money, even though I'll have to hear about it. Right, Like, real shit, A lot of you sell yourself. You are emotional prostitutes when you really fucking think about it, you are selling your mental peace, sanity, sanity right right for the potential help that you may need one day or or you know what I mean. Like, it's a lot to process before we get into this. I need to know where that lemon spray is that we got in India or in Bali.
Speaker 2: These mosquitoes in.
Speaker 3: My strawberry bag, and the meditation I've got.
Speaker 2: Like fifteen mosquito bites on my feet.
Speaker 5: Okaya, love the decor upgrades, Thank you. So all of this was actually out in our zenden. I had our well, I had my crystal bowl set up out there and we could not figure out the audio. So it got repurposed to this and I like it. It's so much more messy, slowly accumulating documents that will help future clients when I finish become a therapist, and this is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 5: I love that you're doing that. I think you're gonna be a really dope therapist. Good luck on that venture, Carria jay Care Jaybear says she was going to become She is becoming a therapist, and she is collecting some of our documents. She's accumulating things and she wants to use our this.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not, you're not the first therapist to do that.
Speaker 4: We have had quite a few therapists take our documents and use them in their practices, which says a lot from all the people who are like, oh, they're not therapists, what are they doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't have to be a therapist.
Speaker 4: If we're creating things that are useful tools and other therapists are using them, what does it say about us, Right, get fucked.
Speaker 5: Before you jump into that, A say, Kent Sukory, I butchered the hell out of that.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 5: I wanted to say that I've noticed you've changed your name, but I always know it to you by your photo, and I don't know if that's you in the photo. Love the hair, love the matching eyebrows. It's a whole vibe.
Speaker 4: Kind of like you're at Yeah, okay, So step one, get honest about what is actually happening. Write it out right, be honest, not your feelings, but the actual behaviors.
Speaker 3: My arm is feeling weird and it hasn't stopped, So.
Speaker 4: Okay, I wasn't sure if you were trying to get my attention you were going to speak.
Speaker 3: I just I might have to go to the doctor today.
Speaker 2: Is it painful?
Speaker 3: It's sore, and I feel like I'm losing my grip.
Speaker 4: I wonder if you got something going on with nerve pain, like a nerve nerve block or something. Maybe what has been said, what has been done, what patterns repeat, remove exaggerations, you need to remove minimizing, just facts and patterns. But what I mean by remove minimizing we are really quick to justify someone's shitty behavior as not that big of a deal. Maybe they were trying to help, Maybe they were this, maybe they were that, And we.
Speaker 2: Try to.
Speaker 4: What if situations, and we minimize what's actually happening, right you are? I do this all the time, like real shit. I am the most notorious minimizer ever when it comes to other people. Because I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I want to give everyone a second chance. I want people to be able to learn from their mistakes and grow and become a better individual. Hence the whole two be better. We created this podcast because we believe that all of you are capable of becoming better individuals. But I do that at a detriment because I find myself in situations with people that I shouldn't be in situations with people because I've given them second, third, fourth, fifth chance. So the last part of number one is if you cannot clearly describe the behavior, you cannot clearly justify the decision. Wish I could feel what was going on with your arm. I hope to god you don't have blood clots.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of freaking out about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I be very painful. Well, I just put my arm up and I can feel the pain moving.
Speaker 4: Is it hot? Is it radiating heat at all? No, it's probably not a blood clot. Then where's Jenny when you need her?
Speaker 3: Sleeping? She worked last night.
Speaker 4: We can come back to this if you want to go to the er. You want to stop, Yeah, okay, we'll be back after this short break. Patroon will see you guys a little while.
Speaker 5: So we cut out left. My left arm was feeling weird. I have a lot of medical trauma. I want to start with that. I almost died. I mean technically I did. When I will is eleven years old, ten years old, I had lung pneumonia. That's the only way you get pneumonia. I had pneumonia and my left lung was totally collapsed. My right lung was partially collapsed. I had to have surgery to drain the fluid and I was in the hospital for two three months. I missed a lot, and that experience stuck with me. There was medical neglect, there was a lot, so a bunch of trauma around that. So anytime I get sick, my husband gets sick, my kid gets sick, somebody's dying.
Speaker 2: It's like hardcore panics. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we left doing research on the phone into things. My first thoughts blood clot. I am going to die. I'm going to move my arm the wrong way. The blood crop's going to get to my brain or my heart, and that's it. Like I'm done in doing research. Blood clots are very painful. There are physical symptoms like to be seen on the arm, red and excruciating pain, deep vein thrombosis, so you'll be able to feel a hardness within your veins, which I can relate to. I've had clogged milk ducks, so I kind of have the idea of what that may feel like in my arm, and I'm not feeling anything like that in my arm.
Speaker 3: Reached out to Jena. Shout out to Jenna.
Speaker 5: She works in the medical field, very knowledgeable and wise when it comes to those things. And she filled me in on other possibilities of what it could be and I calmed down a little bit. She hit me with some things and I was like, you know what, it might be a good idea to just go home and take an anti inflammatory. So we went home. I took an anti inflammatory. I took a nap on the couch. My arm is not one hundred percent better, but the anti inflammatory I am noticing a positive effect from it. So I have made an appointment with my general practitioner, going to be seeing them versus spending the day in the er, and.
Speaker 4: It'll only be like forty or fifty thousand dollars cheaper, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Shout out to my husband and my best friend for reeling me back in.
Speaker 4: It's so difficult That's such a hard thing to do because how do you tell somebody like you're reacting, yeah, well over a medical thing. Because I couldn't feel what was going on in right, I felt like you were panicking. Yeah, but like I don't know. That's why I kept asking, like, what's your pain on a scale of one to ten? Because if you're at a three, we're not fucking going to the er. Yeah, he takes some Madville and sucks the fuck up, right, see.
Speaker 5: But like, also, I have a massive high pain tolerance. So me saying it's a three when it's actually a seven that would be normally categorized work that way.
Speaker 2: No, No, it don't work that way.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think I've got a pretty good pain tolerance, and that kidney Stone let me know that I'm a bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when you get to that pain level and where you're really actually in pain, like your pain level or somebody else, it doesn't matter. When you're hurting, you're hurting.
Speaker 5: Right, So when you asked me if I broke my elbow, I was like, I don't know. You like you would know if you broke your elbow, And I was like, well, I don't know, So maybe it's not broke.
Speaker 4: Right, And as soon as that adrenaline wear off, you were like, I broke my elbow, and I was like, I told you you'd know it.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so very clearly, I do very well with the children. Yeah, the children get sick and like I come to you when I get my panic out there, because I also do not want to traumatize them by proxy because I'm so anxious and worried about it. But when it comes to me, I can't die. I have two kids in single digits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your kids would be taken care of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really reassuring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know what this means. This means you have to start actually taking maringa every day.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know I've actually when we were in Bali, I ordered a Maringa and pumpkin soup and as one of the best soups I've ever had. That might be like my daily lunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be very cool. You know that we can extract maringa.
Speaker 4: So you want to talk about what else we've got going on, because, like I said, it's been a very very interesting two hours.
Speaker 3: So I'll let you start it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I almost died. I didn't, but it fucking felt like it. I don't know what happened. I've never had my blood sugar drop or like have a panic. Whatever the fuck just happened out there. But I was out in the studio building the rotovap. For those of you who don't know, we were building a laboratory so that we can start doing like crazy extractions.
Speaker 3: And make our own essential oils.
Speaker 4: Pinctures and all kinds of you know, natural remedies for our home. Can't call it medicine. I guess I can if we're taking it for ourselves, but can't legally call lions main medicine, you know, because.
Speaker 3: That's insane, isn't it.
Speaker 4: But I'm out there setting up a roto evaporator, and like, I started sweat, and I was like, man, I don't feel good. And then I got lightheaded, and then I was like, I gotta fucking sit down. It was seventy three degrees out there. Almost fucking passed out. Wow, drenched, drip and sweat. I'm still sweaty. Something happened to me out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the.
Speaker 4: Rotovap's built, the socks lit, and the heating element is put together. All of the things that I'm still waiting on like the stands to like hold everything up.
Speaker 5: Oh so that means I can't go out there tonight and spend six hours watching the thing do it thing.
Speaker 4: Damn Nope, I have to check my I bought a distillation kit too, so that we can do water distillation, because doing double extracts methanol ethanol or you know, methanol or ethanol for the extraction for botanicals, and then another one for water, so that you can get things that the ethnol won't extract.
Speaker 2: Can be done on that distillation unit.
Speaker 4: That heating mantles big enough that I can put a five thousand milli liter flask in there. Yeah, so we could do a lot of medium anyways, doing the distillation aspect. I think we'd be able to do that today. I don't know what all came in that box because it's all glass. I didn't open it. Yeah, I cut it open. I was like, okay, that's the distillation ship. Nothing's broken, and I just slid it underneath the desk. But I am waiting on a lot of the little stands to hold everything up so that we don't have to worry about shit falling over Yeah. And I had to order a fiber or fire fiber glass fire rope to wrap around the bottom of the flask for socks of it. Yeah, but you have to get your FDA thing figured out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we are, we are on the road to going really hard on creating a whole lot of organic things for our community.
Speaker 3: Yep, very very very excited.
Speaker 4: So am I you know the the we've been watching, Like we watched somebody extract turmeric, do a turmeric extraction, Yeah, and it just stained everything yellow. But knowing that we can literally do an extraction of rosemary if we wanted to, or lavender or maringa or literally anything for concentrated homeopathic remedies, I think we could say that. I don't know, you have to ask th H. Holmes thatad how we have to verbiage this. I don't know how to verbage this.
Speaker 2: But we we we we we did a lot. I have.
Speaker 4: I ended up buying a vacuum pump that's oil lists so that we can suck chemicals out.
Speaker 2: I bought a flow hood.
Speaker 4: I got a fire cabinet on the way so that chemicals can get stored properly. We bought a vacuum oven because things boil at lower temperatures, and a vacuum so that we can extract all of the solvents out of whatever it is that we make and then reconstitute them however we want to reconstitute them. I feel like mad science, right, Like, I'm so so fucking excited about all this shit, and I can't wait to see the kind of stuff that we get. I saw an old man who has his own little property that grows all of his own food and shit with a still a modified pressure cooker making something called a melissa oil that goes for three hundred dollars an ounce yep. And it was just lemon, lemon balm and other things that he pulled off of his property and stuck in a big pressure cooker and started distilling it. He said, it takes about two weeks to go through all the material to get it, but at three hundred dollars an ounce with his with his holemade thing, we could do that in three days, right. Not that I not that I would want to make and sell that, Like, I'm more interested in making sure that we have things for your woo woo.
Speaker 2: And then my fun.
Speaker 4: Fun because I just want to do stupid shit, Like I would love to see what I can make with all of that stuff out there. Yeah, but it's not stupid shit, it's exciting shit. But I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 4: I want to extract capsaicin. MN suck if it gets on me. Yeah, but how hot can I make it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Could I?
Speaker 4: Could I get like five to fifteen like ghost peppers or pepper X whatever the world's hottest pepper is right now and put them into a blender, dehydrate them or freeze dry them because we have a freeze dryer coming. Run that shit through the nutribullet until it's a fucking powder, and then extract that shit and then turn that extraction tincture into a fucking paste. Could you imagine how bad that would be if somebody ate that, like, turn that shit int a pepper spray? Could do that too, self protection could.
Speaker 2: Call it anti anti peto spray.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I like that?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine how bad that it suck? Cap sasan.
Speaker 4: When you're working with cap sasan anyways, they tell you to wear full lab gear because if that gets on your skin, it can burn for days, Like in high quantities when you get into concentrates. Yeah, Lisa Carrttson said, yeah, Melissa's very expensive. Yep, yep, yep. Call it begone spray. Yeah, it ruins some days, That's what that would be. But we're pretty excited about all this. It's just one more thing that we get to do on our downtime, as like a hobby together, and it's not something that we have to sit out there with the entire time. Once we get the extraction running, we just have to walk back out there a little bit and check on it. The biggest thing now is going to be finding raw material. I found a couple people that do lions made by the pound in the US, and the prices are all over the place. So I want to go to Fort Myers and meet with the mushroom place that's down there to find out what we would be like bulk ten pounds of turkey tail, ten pounds of lion made racy, cordous steps, maybe a garri con if they have it, whatever, and just buy bulk, come home, make sure that it's either you know, dehydrated or freeze dride. If it's not yet, I would rather buy it already dehydrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got the process shorter for us.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and then start seeing what we could do for tinctures and things of that nature. It'd be really cool to do a lion's main, turkey tail, maringa, maybe some African cranberry hibiscus, all of the things that I like in my protein shakes into a concentrated dropper so that I could do like three drops and call it a day, and that would be my supplement for the day. Like that would be amazing.
Speaker 3: You can just add it to your shakes in the morning.
Speaker 4: Right well, on days that I'm fasting, I can't have a shake, I could pump up it up and I've got all my nutrients for the fucking day, you know what I mean. And it's not compressed pills the way that you get your multi vitamins. You'll still piss a lot of that out, but I would put money on the fact that it wouldn't be highlight or yellow urine.
Speaker 5: I'm going to revamp our inside garden. Our tomatoes have come and gone plucked. All of those guys. Our onions are doing the thing. Once we get through this season of gardening and we get like the actual n ground garden beds figured out so we can grow things in the ground.
Speaker 3: I am going to reclaim the.
Speaker 5: Inside garden to grow all of the herbs for this lavender, camomeal lemon, balm, ginger, ginger, yep our ginger, and tumoric's doing really good out there right now.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with you redoing all of that now. The only things that we have in there now that I want to relocate and not lose is the pigeon pe and the katook.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But every single time we leave our house, Guys, every fucking time we leave our house to the katouk dies. And it was doing well, Like Carrie figured out how to water it. It was doing like it was thriving it. It was doing better than it had ever done. We were gone for six fucking days and it came back and all four plants were dead.
Speaker 3: Whoah, I think.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have to find like a professional gardener. I'd hire them for when we're gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, or get somebody to just come live here while we're gone. Oh yeah, I don't know. I don't know the shed out there.
Speaker 4: Nikita's on his way over here today at like noon, so in about fifteen minutes he should be leaving the ultra sound because he's getting ready to have another baby. Congratulations, Nikita. If you actually watch that, he'll have two hunder two.
Speaker 5: But oh yes, that's fun. It's rough as fuck, but it's fun. I love our kids being so close in age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we talked about that quite a bit actually, But he's gonna come out and try to get the shed done so that Carrie can move on to the property.
Speaker 2: And then you know, we have to figure out what we're going to do.
Speaker 4: We have a couple other things, We have other people that I would like to get down here, but figure it out. We'll cross those bridges when we get to him.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: So now that you guys got a whole lot of extra content that has nothing to do with anything, would you like to get back to the document?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, want me to recap the first one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Step one, Get honest about what is actually happening. Write it out, not your feelings, but the behaviors. What has been said, not what has been said, what has been done? What patterns? Repeat, Remove exaggerations, remove minimizing, just the facts and patterns. If you cannot clearly describe the behavior, you cannot clearly justify the decision.
Speaker 5: I agree with that, and it has to be separate from your feelings. This is the problem, not because this is how I feel about it. There are detectable harmful patterns that repeat in humanity, and that is what we're deciphering not I mean, yes, your feelings matter in this, but we can be blinded by our feelings. We can talk ourselves into some pretty extreme situations just because somebody upset us. We are looking for a funnel for our inner anger, and we can't be blinded by that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: That's the point of what I was trying to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's true.
Speaker 4: Though you think of everybody that's ever committed a crime of passion, it's no different when it's an emotional disconnect. The emotional disconnect is there when you stop looking at the person as a person and start looking at them as a threat or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: So step two is separate your harm from discomfort. Not all pain abuse. Not everything that you guys go through is abuse. Not everything that you've experienced as fucking trauma. Not every emotion that you feel is a fucking trigger. Like, come on, guys, let's start, like, let's start working on emotional vocabulary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's reel it in a little bit. Yeah, let's have some emotional intelligence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you ask yourself, are you being disrespected, manipulated, controlled, or harmed? Or are you being challenged, disagreed with or simply held accountable or not getting what you want?
Speaker 2: Right? Right?
Speaker 4: If it's harm, you should be able to name it very clearly. They hit me, they are psychologically abusing me. They make me feel like less of a human being when they're my presence. Right, Like, if it's discomfort, then you need to own your reaction.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: If you're triggered, you need to figure out why the fuck you're triggered. This step protects you from using toxic as a label for anything that is just difficult. And that's that's what I was saying earlier by people are weak now like we don't. People don't want to face things anymore. They just want to run from their problems because it's easier to protect your peace and remove everything from your life that brings you any type of challenge, and then wonder why you never level up?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Uh, the next one is check check your role in the dynamic. This is not about blaming yourself. It's about reclaiming control. The thing that you ask yourself is where do you tolerate what you say you don't want? Where do you avoid hard conversations? And where do you react instead of respond? You need to own your side of things right. You need to do so so that your decisions can come from clarity and not victimhood. If you if you are pity me, pity me, pity me, they always do this. It's always them. It's their fault, my ex, my mom my boss, my whatever, my car, my kids.
Speaker 3: My uh oh, you alreadys in my own? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What what is it? Where's the where's the you in all of this? You just let everything else in the world happen to you and you take it. Are you a punching bag, a dormount? What the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 3: A slave to the people around you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Where is your choices and your reactions and your responses and your fucking thought patterns? Are you capable of thinking for yourself?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: That's really what I hear in that when I hear it's everybody else's fault, I hear I have no free will and I am a slave to everything around me.
Speaker 3: What a pitiful existence.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, so you own your so if you own your interpretation, you own the results.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Step five attempt clear communication before cutting someone off, make sure that they have been clearly told what is not acceptable. Guys, We've said.
Speaker 2: It over and over again.
Speaker 4: You need to be able to tell the person that you're cutting off why you're cutting them off, and not just ghosting them.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: You are doing.
Speaker 4: Both yourself and that person a disservice by not confronting the problem. If you don't, don't tell them what they're doing. They're going to do it to your siblings. They're going to do it to their friends, they're going to do it to their spouse, they're going to do it to other people because nobody's ever called them on their shit. And you're going to lay at wake at night going damn. I wonder if I should forgive them. I wonder if I should break radio silence. Right, Maybe they don't know what they did. Maybe I should give them another chance. So state it directly, what behavior is the issue, what needs to change, and what will you do if it does not. No hints, no passive statements, no expecting them to read your mind at the last couple's retreat we did in January. God, it's been since January. The last couples retreat in January. The big theme there was that people don't have honest conversations. They say half truths as if they're really spilling it, and then six months later, when nothing's resolved, they're like, well, we talked about this. Well, that's not what the conversation was, because you didn't have the conversation. You had parts of it, and you were hoping that they caught the vibe and that everything was just good now because they were tiptoeing around your physical or emotional, your emotional insecurities or whatever the case may be. You need to be very direct when having conversations so that people can choose to agree or disagree or act accordingly. And if they were never given a real opportunity to adjust, you have to actually skipped that step. Yeah, anything on step five.
Speaker 5: The only thing that I want to add on to this is once you've already done this, we're not saying that you have to continue trying to do this with a person, right, so none of this applies to you. If you have done these steps, there's no need to take this personally. We are not trying to force you to have a relationship with the person that you've decided to cut off already. This is purely there are people who lost and don't know how to handle this situation, and this is a really shitty situation to be in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we get an email at least once a day asking if they should cut somebody out of their life. Yeah, every day an email come through, should I cut this person out of my life?
Speaker 2: My in laws have overstepped? What do I do?
Speaker 4: I'm thinking about going no contact with my kids? Like where my kids are? No contact with me?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 4: Whatever, whatever, it's every day. So step six, set and enforce boundaries. First, no contact is not a first move, it's a final one. Set boundaries and follow through control access. Create distance without a full cutoff. Guys, listen to me, create distance without a full cutoff. This is a prime opportunity for you to lay all these things out. And when people are like, how can we know? Come around no more. Well, we had a whole lot of conversations about the things that you were doing that I wasn't okay with and you continue doing them. So I had to distance myself. Watch what happens when you start to enforce your boundaries. Do they just or do they escalate? Their response to your boundaries will tell you everything that you need to know.
Speaker 5: Amen, And I know there's a really big concern. How many more steps do you have? Uh?
Speaker 4: That was six? We have four more? Seventy nine to ten? Lied, He goes to twelve. I thought we were at ten. We have twelve.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want to say this while I'm thinking about because don't want to forget it. Sure, it's not really related to number six, but the whole process itself. There are people who will probably talk shit about you after you.
Speaker 3: Cut them off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and a part of that process, a part of this whole process is not trying to control or change the narrative that they are spreading. These people are one hundred percent exposing themselves in all of this. And anybody who is willing to listen to the drama of a relationship that does not pertain to them is not somebody you want in your life anyway.
Speaker 3: Their opinions don't matter.
Speaker 2: So here here's here's a really good way to look at this.
Speaker 4: If somebody came up to me and said, oh my god, did you hear what Sean did and started trying to bash Shan. I don't want to hear that shit, right, that's my best friend. He's not here to defend himself. You need to shut the fuck up now. Somebody came up to me like, did you hear a Shawn diad? I'm go, know what did he do?
Speaker 2: Tell me? Give me all the tea? And then I come to you, Oh my god, did you a shon? Did?
Speaker 4: What does that say about the relationship that I have with Sean? That's not a friend, right, I'm fucking a scumbag at that point, running around fucking being a busy body, telling everybody else everybody else's business, not know what the fuck is going on. Yeah, you don't want people like that in your life. If they gossip to you, they'll gossip about you. You need to be very careful about what you say around people.
Speaker 5: It's been true every single time too, every time that there has not been a person in my past lives that I gossiped with that I did not end up finding out that they were also talking about me. Yep, And I couldn't be surprised by it because I'm also in here playing that game.
Speaker 2: Nope, but people still find a way to be hurt by it. Can't believe they did that to me.
Speaker 3: Right, Like I'm gonna be the one that they're loyal to.
Speaker 2: Thought what we had was special.
Speaker 5: Right, And that's talk from ego. It is I'm more superior than everybody else they're talking shit about. It's crazy, absolutely crazy, And.
Speaker 4: When you really think about that, that is a lot. It's a lot to work through, all right. Step seven, measure the cost to your life. Be honest about the impact. Is your piece consistently disrupt Is your mental health declining? Is your relationship with your partner or children affected? Because you are responsible for protecting your environment. If staying connect connected is actively damaging your life, you need to take stock of that. It matters like that's a big fucking deal. And that's one of those things that is a major tick on. Maybe this is time to separate ways.
Speaker 5: Repeat it one more time, beyond all of it, just the last one, the number seven.
Speaker 4: Okay, be honest about impact. Is your piece consistently disrupted? Is your mental health declining? Is your relationship with your partner or children affected? You're responsible for protecting your environment. If staying connected is actively damaging your life. That is take stock in that. Yeah, it matters.
Speaker 5: So you said mental impact and then family impact, and those are the two that stuck out to me, and I was hanging on to those, and I was trying to tune out the rust, but I paid attention, so you had to read it more time. Abuse isn't the word, so I'm not going to use that. That's the first thing that came to my mind, and try and describe this. If you overlook the detriment it does to your mental health or the detriment that it provides within your family's homeostasis. You are actively allowing in we could say satan, we could say.
Speaker 3: Demons, negative energies.
Speaker 5: That there is a bleeding is also not the word I want to say, because you're actively exchanging that energy right when you feed into that energy and you bring it back home and now you're anxious in word, and you're talking to your husband all night because I just can't understand why my mom act likes to acts like this.
Speaker 3: And then for like the.
Speaker 5: Next two weeks, you don't really want to leave the house with the kids because you can't eat. You're so anxious about this, and you're chewing gum and you're drinking water and can't sleep at night. It is an infiltration. That's a good word. You're allowing an infiltration into your guys's castle. So at a certain point, right, So now we're going to use the quote unquote terms of like victim and whatnot.
Speaker 3: You are no longer just a victim in this.
Speaker 5: I don't believe you're a victim in a roal relationship that's not extremely abusive, right, They're not getting their hand. This is like an overbearing mother, right right. If you are the quote unquote victim of the overbearing mother and then you allow that to bleed into the homeostasis, you are now the quote unquote perpetrator to the rest of the family.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This is when you know that somebody is doing something that's going to disrupt your family and your family has to pay the price for it. You are you are an accessory after the fact. Yep, you're allowing this thing to continue and now you are in on the crime.
Speaker 3: All right. I'm so glad that made sense.
Speaker 4: Step eight, remove fantasy from the equation. Stop expecting them to become who you wish they were.
Speaker 3: That was a hard one for me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna read it again.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Stop expecting them to become who you wish they were. You guys living in hopium. It's you guys are like you're living in a what if fantasy realm.
Speaker 2: This is fairy tale shit.
Speaker 4: Nobody is ever going to be the way that you want them to be simply because you wished for it hard enough or you loved them hard enough. People are going to be who they are because that's who they fucking choose to be. You said that was a hard one for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with everything that you just said, and that was a, like I said, a very hard thing for me to do.
Speaker 3: I'm I don't know how far back it goes, but.
Speaker 5: I know once television became a thing, we started getting sold stories of what family life is supposed to look like, what relationships are supposed to look like, what friendship is supposed to look like, and when you are in a less than desirable situation with a family member or a friend or a spouse, the idea of well, if they make millions of movies about it, it has to be true, right if they write so many books about it, Like I have to be able to find it somewhere, releasing that fantasy, releasing that idea of who this person could be right, because we see the dopest and everybody.
Speaker 3: Would get encounter right.
Speaker 5: We want to be able to see the good in them and have the benefit of the doubt and releasing that that idea of I know you can be this if only you wanted to be. This is like grieving a person's who's died, but that person never existed either. It's rough something that I'm still going through. It's gotten easier two three years now, and it's the grief doesn't get smaller, I get bigger.
Speaker 2: You'll always wonder if they've changed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happens if they've changed and I'm not willing to break radio silence and they're not either because I hurt them. There's a lot that goes into this is why this document was created. We created this months ago. We've been sitting on us for almost a year.
Speaker 5: Crazy To add on to that, if that person actually changed, I believe that they would break the radio signce because they would understand what the fuck they did for their relationship to come to a halt.
Speaker 4: At that point, it becomes about spite, yeah, which means there's still not growth, right, especially when the contact still happens. But it's instigate, it's I almost aid instigatory. That's not a word instigated and purgatory. But yeah, but if they're but if those messages and the radio silence is being broken with instigating provocative messages or phone calls or voicemails, there's not there's no growth there like that that instead of this, this, this and this, it could be Hey, I love you, just wanted you to know that, right, that would be that would be enough to break radio contact for almost anyone, right, Yeah, So you ask yourself, who are they? Consistently if nothing changed, could you accept the version of them for the rest of your life. If the answer is no, you're not making a decision about potential. You're making a decision about the reality that they have shown you over and over and over again. Anything else on that.
Speaker 5: One, there is a level of being grounded in reality that everybody has to be and that shit hurts. But as I said prior, the quote unquote the good thing or the quote unquote best thing for you is not always going to feel good.
Speaker 4: Nope, change was easy, everyone do it right? You only change when the discomfort of staying the same is greater than the discomfort of changing, so.
Speaker 3: And change is the only true constant in the world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Quantum physics proves that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Step nine, prepare for the emotional consequences. No contact is not relief only it comes with weight. Guilt, grief, doubt, and second guessing are going to be a constant in your life. You are not just losing a person, You're losing the idea of what that relationship could have been. So be ready for that, or you will break your own boundary later.
Speaker 2: Hang on line.
Speaker 5: The emotional consequence is heavy. Right, We've touched on a bunch throughout this whole episode. Already, I choose the emotional burdens of did I make the right choice?
Speaker 3: Should I reach out?
Speaker 5: Right? And these are all I call them, the intrusive thoughts to continue to challenge right because this isn't the best choice for humanity, This isn't the best choice for society.
Speaker 3: Did I make the right choice for me?
Speaker 5: And like you asked, could I continue to tolerate the person that they were? And the answer every time is no? And that's all I need. All of the other did I do the right thing? Am I a bad friend? Am I a bad sister?
Speaker 3: Whatever? Fill in the blank.
Speaker 5: All of that I pinpoint as my emotional brain trying to infiltrate, and it could even be my hidden dark self sabotage is trying to reclaim the chaos of my life so I don't continue providing the good that I am, or providing the joy for myself and my family continuation on great things.
Speaker 3: I lost my train of thought. So I hope all of that was cohesive.
Speaker 4: It was safa Za morning, better late than ever. He hope everyone is doing well. I'm almost positive that that is our friend in South Africa. Might be wrong, I think so, but I'm almost positive it is.
Speaker 3: I think you. I'm almost positive you're correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, so number ten it is true. I hope all is well. We started doing live streams earlier in the morning. We're supposed to technically be live on YouTube right now publicly.
Speaker 2: Fuck them.
Speaker 3: We'll just get it later to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll just take a break after this is done, and then we'll go live and explain why we were late.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 4: Step ten, deside from stability not intensity. Do not make this decision in the middle of a fight or an emotional spike, sit with it, revisit your notes, look at patterns. When the emotions settle, do you still feel that the truth is the same. If yes, you are now closer to a real decision. This is just test, retest yep, okay uh. Step eleven, Make the decision and be definitive. If you choose no contact, commit to it, no half access, no emotional loopholes, no checking in when you feel lonely. Clarity create stability, and half measures create confusion. You are never going to do anything half step in.
Speaker 3: At least you shouldn't be right.
Speaker 4: Step twelve build what replaces the gap. You are not just removing something. You are creating space. Fill it with intention, healthy relationships, new support systems, and purpose driven action. If you are going to open up space in your life, you have to make sure that the space gets filled with quality. If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got. If you remove somebody that's super toxic and volatile and you replace that energy because you're missing it, you're just repeating a loop, and you're doing it to yourself.
Speaker 2: You are, at that point your own abuser.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 4: If you remove without replacing, you will feel the absence more than the peace. Final truth, no contact is not about punishment. It's about alignment. You are deciding what you allow in your life and what you do not. Some people will not meet you where you are going. Some people will not meet you where you are going. You are going to have to leave people behind sometimes in your life. It's not going to be easy. But if you want to get to where you're trying to go, sometimes you have to remove the weight to get there.
Speaker 3: Not willing to drown for somebody who won't stand up in three inches of water.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 4: That does not make you wrong. It makes you responsible for what's coming next. So if you are considering no contact, you need to slow down, go through these twelve steps, and be honest. Obviously, be honest with yourself. The goal here is not to cut people off. It's not what we're trying to do. We're trying to get you and the people around you to see the truth of their actions, the truth of the potential of your future and what may or may not have actually what will happen from either one of those decisions. The goal is to live in truth without betraying yourself. And that's our twelve checklist of going no contact with somebody, yep.
Speaker 3: That betrayal of self.
Speaker 5: That's truly the only betrayal that can ever happen in these situations. You deciding to end a relationship and cut somebody off is not a betrayal to them. That is holding them accountable for their actions and whatever repercussions and feelings they get because of this is what they have to deal with on their own. Some people have been coddled their whole fucking lives.
Speaker 2: YEP.
Speaker 5: I can think of people in their fifties and sixties now who have parents in their eighties and nineties who still baby the shit out of them because they cannot handle the maybe aggressive emotional reaction from their child.
Speaker 3: And that's what it is.
Speaker 5: You are. You are just a matured child. As as we grow, we master a lot of fucking things. And you're either going to master being a mature, emotionally intelligent, of service human being, not just to yourself but to others, or you are going to be a matured eight year old who continues to throw temper tantrums and will get upset when they don't get what they want and blame other people and all those other kinds of things.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And that is not a betrayal to them.
Speaker 4: Those parents think that they're doing their children a kindness, yep, and I believe they're doing the exact opposite. If you die, you have a grown dependent. What's going to happen if they've never had the opportunities to fail and have to pick themselves back up. If you don't have an estate or real money put away, and they're living off the the kindness or the charity of what you've been doing and you're no longer there, they are fucked.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: You need to let them fail and learn to pick themselves up and dust themselves off. And like it's this is this feels like, you know, we're talking about somebody who's probably in their twenties, it doesn't know how to tie their shoes yet. Like that's how that feels when we talk about grown men who were women for that matter, who still live at home with their parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing else for this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeap.
Speaker 4: Guys, don't don't take the decision to cut somebody off lightly. It's it's it's a big decision.
Speaker 3: Its life changing.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, As always, guys, remember you were the author of your own life, so grab a pen and we will see you on the next one.
Speaker 3: Bye guys,