Speaker 1: By twelve.
Speaker 2: Wait, it's the average American in for the great American. How are you other than hot? On this hot and humid Wednesday, it is. It's a smoker out there again today. Hey, but the Reds must love the heat, right, two in a row over the Yankees and a chance to sweep them tonight. And there is nothing wrong on the face of the earth about that, not at all. Meanwhile, over at the NATO summit meetings, reporters continue to spar with President Trump and his Secretary of State Mario Rubio over this report that was released that the bombings that took place on Saturday. This is low level confidence in this report. But of course the media has seized on this because the media hates Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: They may hate you, but they hate Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump even more. And so did it really work out? Was it really this way? Did you really do a lot of damage? It's embarrassing to me what the profession that I spent forty five years in my life in has become. It is absolutely embarrassing. But nevertheless, that's going on over at NATO. There was a question asked if Trump when they asked him, look, if you catch Iran trying to rebuild its nuclear power plants and maybe trying to get back to the business of building another bomb that might have nuclear capacity. Would you bomb them again? And he said absolutely sure. It's like, come on, if you got to ask a dumb question, then expect an answer that comes your way back.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he would. It's been a successful trip.
Speaker 2: He's gotten other NATO nations to pony up to the share that they should have been spending on NATO all along.
Speaker 1: Everybody but Spain now is at five percent.
Speaker 2: But of course, you know, when you've got somebody on the run, and there are desperate people in desperate times, they do desperate things. And we have no idea in this country right now how many Iranian nationals are here.
Speaker 1: We have absolutely no idea are here.
Speaker 2: We do know how many that have been encountered at the border between February twenty one and November twenty four, it was about seventeen hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: We don't know how many were in those gotaways.
Speaker 2: And there were a lot of gotaways that simply rushed the border and overwhelmed the border patrol or snuck by the border patrol. Under Joe Biden's America, So what of these sleeper cells that might have been planted here just waiting for the ghost signal from Tehran standing by the way, And as somebody who's as concerned about this as me at the under for Immigration Studies, there's no one more revered than my guest, Andrew Arthur is a writer extraordinaire on all things border, all things illegal, all things threats to this country. And I wanted to get Andrew on to talk about this because these trusts written today published a terrific story about all of it. So let's bring him on in. Andrew Arthur, how are you on this glorious Wednesday, Dan.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great, and thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: I read your story this morning and several other things that you've written about this. It would seem to me that Iran, which is a very difficult country to leave, would let all of these Iranian nationals leave and go to our southern border and enter into our country unless they had the blessing the knowledge by the man that runs that country, the Ayahtola. So that's why I'm skeptical about whether or not these people that came through the border are here to do damage. When I look at the Chinese nationals, those of those men of military age. And I see these numbers of Iranian nationals, I'm thinking to myself, they're not here just because they like in and out burger. They're here for something else, and I think it might be the sleeper cells. Am I wrong? Am I walking down the road? Am I trying to be you know? The sky is falling here? Or do you think there is something to this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, there's a lot of questionable factors that are weighing into all of this. As you mentioned, there were seventeen hundred and fifty apprehensions of Iranian nationals by border patrol agents under the Boden administration, and that's especially curious because they have mandatory conscription in Iran and if you're a military age male, you're not allowed out of Iran. That's a twentyfold increase compared to the period twenty fourteen to FY twenty twenty. So we seem to have a whole lot of the audience coming to the United States, all under the Biden administration, all taking advantage of the Biden border fiasco.
Speaker 2: You mentioned in your article that the border patrol encountered an additional seventy two hundred and sixty in admissible Iranian nationals at the port of entries.
Speaker 1: That's over and above who were.
Speaker 2: Coming in over the river or through the woods or whatever it might have been along Texas. And that's a sixty percent increase over the physical year period of twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Through twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: All right, so we know that they can't get out unless there's a reason for them to get out. Where do they go when they get here? What's your suspicion. Did they all migrate to the big city Chicago, New York, Los Angeles? Could they be here in Cincinnati. Could they be in Columbus, Cleveland, Indianapolis, just sitting there waiting for the go sign from Tehran.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know that leads to another problem with this population of people, because the Biden administration released about eighty eight percent of all of the inadmissible aliens we're apprehended at the ports and by border patrol, and it really didn't keep track of any of them. They could have gone anywhere in the United States. And you know, now it's up to you know, Tom Homan and Donald Trump to go out and find the ball, run them down, figure out why they're here, and make sure, they don't post a danger to our country.
Speaker 2: Okay, So sleeper cells just by definition, and tell me if I'm wrong on this definition. They're spies, they're terrorists, they're operatives from countries like Iran, and they just go and they assimulate into the community. Maybe they find jobs, maybe they're paid under the table, who knows what. But they always have a contact. There's someone that they that is in charge of contacting them. It might be somebody that's also in this country who's in contact with someone in Iran, but there's always someone that they answer to. There could be a chain like this. We saw it by and large with sleeper cells after nine eleven, where at that point it was the Talle band that was operating in places like ton of Wanda, New York and other places. And these these sleeper cells just kind of assimulate. They just assimulate and they just kind of lay low until that call. And that call might be tonight, it might be tomorrow, it might be a year from now, it might might be five years from now. But that's what they're placed here for. Is that the definition of a sleeper cell.
Speaker 3: That's the exact definition of a sleeper cell. And It's important to note ken that the real power in Iran is held by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps the i rg CD, which is basically the storm troopers of the Malas in Tehran, and they run very sophisticated intelligence networks. They run very sophisticated terrorism networks all around the world, so you know, you know, they have the ability to move those people into the United States, to send orders them in the United States, and to have them carry out the will of the IRGC in the United States or anywhere else in the world that we might have asset.
Speaker 1: So basically they're tools.
Speaker 2: Okay, from what I understand, they may be recruited through religious contacts, social media and that you look at someone and you say, Okay, you know, you really can help the cause out, you really can help COMMANI out. You can really help take down the great State in America, and you can help take down the little Satan Israel because of all this injustice and religious persecution that's going on in your life. They get to these people from by a very emotional path.
Speaker 1: In is what I've been told? Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's exactly in it. And it's important to note the fact that we have large Iranian populations in the United States, and nearly all of those people are patriotic.
Speaker 1: They're here because they.
Speaker 3: Don't like what's going on in the Islamic Republic. They want to be Americans, they want to contribute to our society. But it's all too easy for bad actors to insinuate themselves into those communities and to you know, take action. Fortunately, again, we have a lot of patriotic Iranians who are willing to help identify those people, but sometimes it's very difficult to find them. We also have the problem that you reference of people who become radicalized in the United States. You can look at any college campus. American citizens here for five generations are becoming radicalized by some of these thoughts. And so, you know, that's another concern that we have.
Speaker 2: Reading here from a news story I think is from News Nation, they quot a retired special agent in the FBI, a man by the name of James Gagliano, who said that if you go back as far as September eleven individuals who have actually entered the country legally, had we checked their visus properly, obviously, we would have known about nine eleven and because we would know. Then the difficult part of all of this is the fact that this due diligence was not in place, and therefore nine to eleven happened. But it could be people that have come through here illegally. We don't know. I mean, that's the problem. You know, America is the land of the Free, and we have open borders now, but certainly it used to be you had to go through a process to become a citizen in this country. Still do We'll see how many continue to do that, but you still do have to go through that process. But even if you go through that process, you're never really totally sure if that person is coming to this country to be a good citizen, contribute to society, pay their taxes, become a member of a community for the good. You really don't know. And I would also use as a caveat to that too, Andrew, is you really don't know about people that were born here and are here by birth and whether or not they've been compromised by some from the outside world. This radicalism that goes on all around the world, it touches not just people that come here illegally. It can also get the people that are here, born here, live here, and for the most part, are good citizens. Then who knows the button is pushed, the word gets out, and all of a sudden, all hell breaks loose. You never really do know, do you?
Speaker 3: No, you don't. And that's especially a problem when you're talking about Iran. The reason that President Trump put Iran on his travel band.
Speaker 4: List is because we don't have the ability to.
Speaker 3: Vet anybody who is coming out of Iran. It's not like the Iranian government is going to tell us that somebody is an IRGC member, or you know, has a criminal background, or you know, any other bad information in their past, and you have very little information about I think it's ninety million people who live in Iran, so it's going to be very difficult to find the bad actors and separate them from the good ones.
Speaker 2: Now, the mainstream media, the NBC's, the CNNs of the world, they would have you believe that all of this consternation over sleeper cells is overblown, that there's really nothing to it, that it's always been bubbling below the surface, but that America is more vigilant than what it was in twenty oh one. I'm just wondering, your guy who makes his living study and immigration. Your guy that not just saw what happened, You understand deeply what happened. Ever since Joe Biden took office to when he left office back in January, how concerned are you that this sleeper cell problem is real and dangerous.
Speaker 3: I believe that it's absolutely a certainty that there are Iranian agents living in the United States and operating in the United States. If the Islamic Republic were to actually order them, and we could prove it that they were here to act against the American people, it would be a suicide note sent by the Malas to the American people. They would be asking for the United States Air Force to.
Speaker 4: Go back into Iran. But you know, there's always.
Speaker 3: The possibility that they'd be able to carry out an attack, and then you know, Iran would deny they had anything to it. You know, we're completely innocent about this. You know, we can't do anything about our people that you've led into our into your country. So yeah, I mean they're definitely operating here. The likelihood that they're going to carry out an attack is too big a risk for us to take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andrew Arthur Center for Immigration Studies, Our guest. We saw major ruling by the Supreme Court this week with regards to Trump and deportations, and by and large the green light has been lit. We also see how difficult it is anymore because of these activist mayors, guy in Nashville, of course, the cesspool that is Los Angeles. We see how difficult it is for ICE to carry out its work. We just had a judge up in, a guy by the name of Brian Murphy, nominated to the bench by Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey, confirmed to the bench after the twenty twenty four election in the lane duck period of the Senate forty seven to forty five. Biden was the person who nominated at the request of Warren and Markey nominated Brian Murphy to the district bench in Boston. And by and large, this guy is just going to defy the Supreme Court. He said that, you know, it doesn't matter what the Supreme Court ruled earlier this week.
Speaker 1: My ruling remains in effect.
Speaker 2: And so there's another judge that thinks he rules the world, if not the nation, when it comes to things like this and others. I'm just wondering there's a major piece of legislation that is sitting before the Supreme Court, and we may get a ruling out of it as early as tomorrow, which would put all of these district judges in play in their place as opposed to where they are now dictating law of the land for and sitting on a bench with a very limited purview. If indeed the Supreme Court does the right thing Andrew and they say, look in this case, Judge Murphy, in other cases Judge Boseburg, and all these other ones, they think that they run our immigration policy. If indeed the Supreme Court comes out tomorrow hopefully and says, look, you got a nice little courtroom there, but it doesn't run the world. How much easier does that make Trump to enforce his immigration policy that's being met at all angles, it seems like by not just activist judges, but by mayors and governors of states.
Speaker 1: Does it make it easier in your opinion?
Speaker 2: Or will it still be this battle that goes on every time an ice agent tries to grab an illegal alien and send him back to wherever he or she has come from.
Speaker 4: It will be much ease.
Speaker 3: You're in Congress intended for it to be much easier than the process that is working right now. In the Immigration and Nationality Act, Congress has stripped district court judges of most of their ability to make orders at all, all the Supreme Court, and I'm familiar with those because I actually wrote some of them back in two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: When I was on the hill.
Speaker 3: All it requires is for the Supreme Court to force district court judges to comply with those restrictions that Congress.
Speaker 4: Has already put on them, and.
Speaker 3: This process is going to work a lot more quickly. It doesn't mean that Trump's going to win every case. They're still going to be heard by the Circuit Court, but it's going to stop this piecemeal litigation where judges feel that they can just shut down entire immigration policies because they don't like how the immigration officers are acting.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: John Roberts is not a fan of Donald Trump's. I think that's evident. But I think he's got to do the right thing here because if not, you'll have what is now chaos to the nth degree. And regardless of whether you believe that Donald Trump ie is right or wrong, whatever it may be, there will be at some point down the road a Democrat in office. And unless the Supreme Court actually takes a stand on this thing in a very definitive way, that Democrat is going to have the same problems. Maybe a different case. Maybe it's not immigration, it might be something else with a bunch of other district judges popping up trying to dictate which way this country should go. So this is a big stay in your lane vote. And I hope the Supreme Court does the right thing, because all it's done now is ignore the thing and turn to all of these judges loose with regards to sleeper sales, Andrew, I'm with you. I think they are here, and I think the FBI is now has its eyes on that as opposed to school board meetings and Catholics wanting to get communion. So hopefully with cash Betell in charge of that group, now maybe they're a little more vigilant about this stuff too, But we really need to keep our eyes open and as average citizens, I mean it used to be back in nine to eleven days, see something, say something.
Speaker 1: I think that applies here now too, do you not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, absolutely, I mean eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. And you know, in this uncertain world, where we have enemies on every side. Hopefully President Trump's going to make.
Speaker 4: The world a little bit more peaceful.
Speaker 3: But in the interim, everybody needs to be aware and we need to get out of ice this way and let them do their job.
Speaker 2: Andrew Arthur, you can find him at CIS dot org all things immigration, and they have been on top of this issue for a very very long time. Okay, Andrew, appreciate your time.
Speaker 1: Stay well.
Speaker 2: We need to hear your voice until next time. Thank you for your time right now, thank.
Speaker 4: You, Thank you so much. Ken It's coming up.
Speaker 2: On twelve twenty seven on a smoking Hot Wednesday, Smoking hot show with a smoking hot well, I don't want to take it that far. News Radio seven hundred a WLW seven hundred WYLW Welcome back.
Speaker 5: It is the.
Speaker 1: Average American and for the great American.
Speaker 2: Got a lot to get to today, and we shall get to it because we are not going to delay reds Baseball one iota as they go for the sweep tonight against the dreaded New York Yankees.
Speaker 1: How to pick up on something.
Speaker 2: That that Andrew Arthur just said about immigration.
Speaker 1: Nearly one million illegal.
Speaker 2: Immigrants, nearly one million, most of whom have probably come into this country under the last administration. Nearly one million have self deported under President Trump. And so we see the video all over the country of ICE agents going in and you know they're they're grabbing people.
Speaker 1: They have masks on. Why are they wearing masks?
Speaker 2: They shouldn't wear masks, because we have some people in big cities that are doxing these guys and exposing them. That's their job. They're going after people that are here illegally. And while they're getting all of the headlines, and you see it on the nightly news, and isn't this terrible the headline that nobody seems to be paying attention to. Of course, because it's not as sexy, it's not as vigil a visual. You don't get the clicks with stories like this. Said, almost a million of these people have said, you know what, I'm getting the hell out of here before I get thrown in a van and sent back to wherever I came from. And I'll try it the right way, which is what it should have been all along. Now, the reasons why it was that way under Joe Biden, we can speculate. I mean, there are some theories that make more sense than others. But by and large it happened. We saw it, and the Center for Inrogation Studies, Andrew, Arthur, Todd Bensman, who have had on this show quite a bit bit to a lesser degree, Fox and to no degree CNN, ABC and NBC, CIS and Ben'sman and Arthur had been on top of this story since Joe Biden took office. Fox got hiped to it maybe two years later. The other networks the only time they covered the problem is when there was some sort of consternation or some sort of fight between the state of Texas, for example, and the federal government, and you had these masses of immigrants that were huddled underneath overpasses waiting to either get through the border or storm through the border. They couldn't give one rat's patuity about it until then, and then it became a humanitarian issue.
Speaker 1: So here we sit.
Speaker 2: In June of twenty twenty five, after we just bombed but Jesus out of Iran, after we did something that every single president before Trump should have done but did not because they didn't have the brains or.
Speaker 1: The guts to do it.
Speaker 2: Here we sit with all of these people that are in this country illegally from Iran. Arthur mentioned something that I think needs to be reiterated, and I said the same thing about China. Military aged able bodied people do not leave their country in Iran, or in China and several others. But those particular countries, they don't leave unless they have the blessing of someone in that government, whether it was the Ayatola himself in Iran or she in China. They don't what those let people that are of that age and of that particular physical stature, they don't let them out of the country. But we let them right in the central on on the southern border. And now we got this problem. And so while some media folks will tell you it's nothing more than chicken little, this guy is falling. We've seen how sleeper celles operate in this country before. Now we've got a new regime in this country. We have a new leader of the FBI who's been on the job I believe since February, so a little more than four months has Cash Betel been on the job. The guy he replaced, and the guy that guy replaced seemed to be more interest in ideology and political ben than actually doing the job, and so it became a weaponized arm of the Department of Justice. And we can relitigate everything if you want. I mean, look, we can talk about COVID and what was enforced. Then we can talk about schools, we can talk about Catholics, we can talk about whatever.
Speaker 1: We know it we saw it.
Speaker 2: And so now this new group has to put fresh eyes on the problem of where are these people that came into this country illegally? The seventeen hundred and some odd Iranian nationals that were encountered at ports of entry during the Bidom administration and then let into the country. What happened when they we get to a point of entry, they would be confronted by the border patrol and then they would be handed you know, almost like a greeter at Walmart. They would be handed Yeah, come back in three years from this coming Tuesday, and we'll have your court appearance. They're not coming back. And that says nothing of at least the two million people that simply got away. They got they just ran across the border into the night where they went to do what God only knows. But anyway, if you want to stay on top of that, I'm I'm just telling you I get no money for saying this, but cis dot org is just absolutely terrific.
Speaker 1: So we got we got that down.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about what life is going to be like if this regime falls in Iran, and one would think it would. The economy is ruined in that country, the sanctions that have been put on that secondary sanctions have been put on Iran, and that means that any country that tries to do business with Iran is thereby sanctioned by the United States. Iran's got Iran basically has two things. It's got oil and it's got a depleting amount of missiles.
Speaker 1: And that's it.
Speaker 2: As John McCain once famously said about Russia, it applies to Iran. It's just one big giant gas station. And if they can't sell their oil, they can't function, you know, And because of that, there is abject poverty along the streets of Tehran and places in that country, and eventually the proletariat, if you will, become upset with the leadership, and that's when regime change comes from within. And I don't know, I think that's you know, once I think the people that country saw just how Israel and the United States pounded them militarily. Well, then there is you know, the Ayatola who apparently speaks on a daily basis with God. How awcome God didn't tell you it was coming.
Speaker 1: Anyhow?
Speaker 2: So I'm watching this Reds game last night. Let's talk about something happier. Watching this Reds game last night, and I saw something that just kind of struck me.
Speaker 1: They brought Chase Burns up.
Speaker 2: Chase Burns, I think was the twelfth rated minor league prospect in oil of baseball. He was taken with the second round in last year's Major League Baseball Draft. Now, in years past, the Reds, ever or payroll conscious, would not bring a player along that quickly because it starts his major league clock, and what starts then, well, his road to arbitration and then his road to free agency. And the last thing that the Reds have wanted to do historically was have to pay a lot of money too soon for one of their ballplayers. But yet here they are at forty two and thirty eight, very much alive for a playoff berth, and they had to win last night's game. This wasn't about let's bring Chase Burns up here and get them some major league experience. This was they had to win last night's game, and they took on the Yankees, who coming into this series had a record of forty five and thirty two. They were one of the best teams in baseball, had a pretty good road record before coming in here twenty one and sixteen. But Burns got onto the mound last night and I said, the last thing you want to do with any player, but particularly a pitcher, is hurry them along and throw them into a situation where they are not ready. Chase Burns got out there last night and just melted on the mound. The last thing the Red should have done was to keep him up here and send him out again and see if he can get a couple of starts, and then we'll send him back down on the miners so as clock stops ticking. No, they didn't do that, and he didn't do that, and he has certainly earned himself another start in the rotation, particularly with the injuries that they have to Hunter Green and to the guy that was going to fill his spot, Wade Miley, Chase Burns, I hope you saw what he did last night. The line says five innings, pitch six hits, three earned runs, eight strikeouts. This is what Chase Burns did. If you didn't see this, it would be difficult to describe. But I'll try. Struck out the side in the first inning, including Aaron Judge. Struck out Aaron Judge. Second inning, strikes out the first two guys. He sees Bellinger and Goldschmid gives up a single, strikes out Volpi. Now he's got six straight strikeouts. Go to the top of the third, Scarless gets a couple of groundouts, strikes at another guy. This guy's humming along, and yeah, he gave up. He gave up three runs. He gave up three runs, gave up a home run to Rice uh Friedo. I think miss Playwi. I'll think he misplayed a ball in center field and two more runs scored, albeit earned. But nevertheless, I think in a perfect world, freedom makes that play. And maybe it's only one run in. But by and large, Chase Burns was terrific last night, Absolutely terrific. And he admits, you know, going in he had to watch himself a little bit. He was he was a little lamped up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't amped up. But I felt at ease if anything. Definitely, emotions were high. But I could just go out there and smile. So it was fun to do. But yeah, that's all I can say. It's so fun.
Speaker 2: Then here's Terry FRANCONA right guy, comes out of retirement. He's in the Hall of Fame. It's only a question of when he comes out of retirement and he gets to Cincinnati. He looks at his ball club. Wow, Hunter Green, Yeah, pretty well, Hunter Green's hurt. Probably gone to at least the All Star Game, maybe after that. Well, he got Austin Hayes. You know, Austin Hayes. That was a pretty good pick up, kind of a pillow contract. But nevertheless, this is a guy a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Is good.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 2: Austin Hayes has been on the injured list three times so far in twenty twenty five. He's got an everyday eight that includes Ellie data Cruz terrific, great ballplayer, no argument there. What else you got? I got Tyler Stevenson. Yeah, good catcher. See how durable he is. It's been a problem with him, but he's coming out of retirement to manage a team.
Speaker 1: He thinks.
Speaker 2: You know, if I just do this, I just do that, and it really he hadn't fallen into place here until recently. And he's out there in the dugout last night. He's watching what this guy Burns does. That was called up the antithesis of what the Reds have traditionally done with a young player.
Speaker 1: And you know how fran ConA felt about that. I mean you have to know, you know, we kind of.
Speaker 8: Watched for everything, and he didn't get too excited. I think he I think he enjoyed the competition. There's a lot to like the scout. What's what's just? I know he's here tonight, Eddie, Eddie Layer. Yes, I can go kiss him right on the lips. I mean a kid, you know he got. I think he was probably for him a little over amped because you could tell he was starting to run out of gas.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Yeah, yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: He was talking about Burns, not then maybe the maybe the scout ran out of gas too. But here's Chase Burns right. A couple of years ago, he's pitched it. Last year he's pitching in the College World Series, and now here he is on a major league mound facing the Yankees and arguably the best all round player. I mean, shohe Atani is right there too in baseball and Aaron Judge, Hey strikes him out first hitting. So when he was asked what his favorite strikeout was of the aid he accumulated last night, here's Burns.
Speaker 6: I don't even know. I don't even can't remember a lot of them. I guess you gotta say, Judge, you know that's you know, I've watched him, so he's a big dude.
Speaker 1: So I think more of the best hitters in the game.
Speaker 6: So that's probably my favorite one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it should be. It absolutely should be.
Speaker 2: And you know, this is not a condemnation of any manager that's been here over the last ten years, fifteen years. They've been good. A lot of them have been hamstrung. David Bell was hamstrung with the roster that he had to work with for much of his time here. Brian Price as well. I mean, he was the guy that followed up Dusty Baker. And you know, Baker basically wasn't here or stop. His tenure ended here because the Reds knew they were gonna dump salary and it wouldn't work with Dusty. But here's Frank Cone. You know, This is a guy I think all along in his career says, Okay, I gotta deal with this. How do I make it work? What what you know? What do I he makes it work. You can see the wheels turning in the dugout. You can just see it in the dugout. Guy always seems to be a step ahead, a step ahead. He gets to the seventh inning, his team's down three zip. Uh, there's an out and a walk and he Reese Hines reaches on an infield single. You got bases loaded, and you got a decision to make. You got Christian N. Carnassi, O Strand coming up, got a right hand pitcher on the mound Luisa for the Yeahkees, And conventional wisdom would tell you, well, I got left handed hitters on my bench. But over and above that, and Carnassi oons Strand at certain times this year has just seemed to be bigger than the moment, and he was last night. Doubles, three runs, score all the sense of three to three game. What looked like would be a coast for the Yankees. At three to zero going into the bottom of the seventh, uh Francona thinks ahead and says, you know, what. I trust this guy. I know what this guy can do against this picture. I know what this picture can do, but I kind of trust this guy.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to take away one of their best pitches, the best you can, and you started loading up on lefties and they had their changeups, their best pitch, and they got reverse splits for a reason. So just you know, I mean, it's no guarantees or anything, but it was nice to see those guys come through.
Speaker 2: It was and it goes to extra. They give up a run in the eleventh, but they come right back. Steers singles, He gets McLean Holme, who was the ghost runner on second, Dyala Cruz who had reached down an infield single. He gets to second, then there's a wild pitch, then Stevenson walks, and then Gavin Lucks, one of the guys he could have gone to Francona in that seventh inning. Gavin Lucks jumps up hits for Hines, game winning hit, Red's win five to four.
Speaker 1: Lucks after the.
Speaker 9: Game, I mean, yeah, that's the best feeling in the world, you know, getting a job done for your boys, especially coming off the bench where they played their ass off. You know, all ten innings right there. But yeah, I mean that's a great team over there, so to take two there, and we've been playing really good team baseball, so we're just trying to keep it going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're playing excellent team baseball right now, playing a little bit above themselves.
Speaker 1: Well maybe so, I don't know. I do know this.
Speaker 2: Playing good in or playing well in June. What you want to play are meaningful games in September. What you want to be is in a race as July begins. What you want to be is in the postseason. They're playing like a team that's kind of figured it out amongst them. We'll see if some of these talent deficiencies catches up with them. And there are no question right now tonight Brady Singer, that's good.
Speaker 1: He pitched for the Royals.
Speaker 2: He knows what the Yankees are all about, and what they're all about tonight is a great pitcher. Nine win pitchers so far this season in Max Freed. That's the matchup. That's the game you'll hear right here on seven hundred WT. Well w when we come back, if iron falls, what next? Then down the road? The big beautiful Bill, is it really going to be passed? By the Senate in a version later this week. And if so, when it's right and siled, what exactly do you and I get out of it, particularly from a medical standpoint. We'll get into all of that and much much more on seven hundred WLW. All right, welcome back, seven hundred WLW. It's the average American in for the great American on this cooker of a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Relief is in sight? Is it not?
Speaker 2: Christmas is comings? I remember when I worked in Washington, DC. Yeah, and Mary are out there is His name was Marion Barry, mayor of some repute. And Washington, d C, the nation's capital, had a lot of things that were wonderful. They had a lot of things that weren't wonderful. Like when I lived there, they didn't have recycling. It was like the the emphicenter of government. They didn't have recycling in the city. This is back in the late nineties. But they also had a major snowstorm ones and for what well probably for lack of funding, but they couldn't get the snow off the streets. And uh, I remember the it was I think it was the station I was working at. They ran out and they interviewed Marion Barry, and they said, mister mayor, what are we going to do here? You know, I mean we had all this snow on the street. You can't get the snow on the street. I mean, what are your answers here? You looked at the camera. He said, spring is coming.
Speaker 1: So if you're too danged hot right now and you don't.
Speaker 2: Have acy, just remember Christmas is coming and we'll all be complained about how cold it is. Anyhow, on this Wednesday, welcome back. Great to have you with us. John Thune, the majority leader in the Senate, claims that the big Beautiful Bill will be passed by the July fourth recess that would be this Friday, unless they keep these these clowns in Washington and make them actually work a little bit, you know, delay that, delay that trip to the lake a couple of days. But the fact of the matter is he thinks it's going their version of it is going to get passed before they break for their July fourth recess. And then, of course it has to have reconciliation with the House. And there are a lot of GOP, a lot of Republican moderates that are going to be yelling and screaming about any changes to the Medicaid and Medicare portions of that bill as well.
Speaker 1: They should.
Speaker 2: I just don't think you can just slice things out of a budget that people who become used to Medicare is tied to social security, and social Security is out of control. We don't have the funding for it. It's eventually on the current course, going to go bankrupt. Medicaid affects, in a large sense, a lot of rural areas in this country. So I think one of the things that I think the House wants to do is get any Medicaid that's being paid to people who are in this country illegally off the books. But allegedly this is all going to be rectified and the one big, beautiful bill is going to be passed. Meanwhile, if border security is financed, if indeed they can get the rest of Trump's wall built, indeed, they can make what happened over the last four years stop. That's great, That's what we spent the majority of the last hour talking about. But there's an even greater problem in this country, and that's who's in it. It's not just Iranians who are may or may not be part of sleeper cells. There's a lot of other people that are in this country. We mentioned the Chinese. Chinese military age men in this country is a huge problem, China buying up land in this country is a huge problem. And people in this country from other countries that are here illegally and again wanting.
Speaker 1: To do god knows what.
Speaker 2: So I thought it'd be a good day and a good time to welcome in somebody that I've had on the show several times before. His name is doctor Assef. Let me reset the mouth there, doctor Assef Rimerowski, who is a student and now a doctor of Mid Eastern studies. He is someone who has written books about it, someone who is not just well versed about it, but his opinions matter to the right people in this country, and I wanted to get him on. He's based out of the Philadelphia area. About just the general makeup of this country right now, the unrest that's in this country right now, some of it agitated by people who are not from this country, but others who have been influenced by those people, and just where we are right now with things like sleeper sells. But over and above that, what happens to Iran when comane falls and he will fall. What happens then, because if Iraq is the blueprint, we're in trouble. We don't nation build very well. The President says he doesn't want to, but we don't do it well anyway. And if that regime falls from pressure from within, who takes over? Do the Turks make a move? Russians make a move, Siria go in there. So I wanted to get him on the show today just to talk about all of this, and he's kind of enough to stand by and give us some of his time here on seven hundred at W WELW. I'm right, am I not a doctor that you know this is just not an Iran problem that we should be concerned about.
Speaker 10: Well, I think it's a bigger problem, and I don't disagree with you at all. And I think that we've seen a lot of these issues play out.
Speaker 4: Since the course of the war.
Speaker 10: You know, I would say even more so as a result of the encampments on American college campuses, when you're seeing the significant amount of foreign influence and foreign students on American college campus on the one hand, Secondly, also in candem, if you look and track the latest that.
Speaker 4: Took place in Boulder, uh and in Washington.
Speaker 10: As far as immigration status, the individual uh you know who was responsible professor in the attack in Boulder was an Egyptian who outstate, who overstate his visa. I mean, there there are problems upon problems within our immigration policies on the one hand, and on you know, and to your earlier point, the you know, groups and Islamist organizations and individuals who are looking to do harm for the United States are taking advantage from this laxitude, you know, very lax way of doing business when it comes to background checks and our and our immigration policies, and that is allowing them to ferment their ideology and in many of them, whereas I think it's very nefarious able to try to take over democratic American institutions and turn them on their head, you know. Even more to the point you look at the current mayorial race that's happening in New York City and the contributors an example gave to Mamdani's campaign, groups like the care the Council on American Islamic Relations who have ties to terrorism and things of those sorts. I mean, so you're seeing also a direct correlation into the American political system.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are a federal Yes, absolutely. Now I want to talk about something else that is maybe a little bit on the other side of this argument, but certainly relevant to what we've just talked about, and that is what happens when this current regime falls, and it will fall. It's teetering. The only thing they have there is gas and weapons. They got nothing else going on in Iran, and you have religious zelots in charge of that country and have been for the last forty five forty six years. Anytime you have a zealot in charge of a country is bad. When it's a religious zealot worse because these people think God talked directly to them. So I'm wondering when this falls, and it will fall, how confident are you that there are people and groups in Iran which hasn't you know, They've got many different factions in Iran right now, but I guess the largest of which is the National Council of Resistance of Iran that has been operating in the shadows for the last forty six years. How confident are you that when and f and I think it's more when this regime falls, that there won't be absolute chaos inside that country that could lead to a nefarious player such as Turkey or Russia or maybe Syria moving in and trying to take over that country.
Speaker 4: Well, we don't know.
Speaker 10: We don't know yet, I mean, and things are happening and are very fluid as things move along.
Speaker 4: It is worthy of notes.
Speaker 10: And to your point that historically speaking up until you know, forty six years ago, I mean before the rise of the Shop, before they are removal of the shop, and and the and the rise of from of the of the of the Iranian revolution. You know, Iran has Western sentiment. They had ties with Israel, the United States, if you go back to the Green Revolution. There are Western elements that are looking for for the preserve the preservation of freedoms and rights and things like that that we all care about.
Speaker 4: UH.
Speaker 10: And this tyrannical UH ideology, you know, the poetry that has been that has been abusing the Iranian people has really is coming to a head now at this point as a result of all that UH you are seeing now, which I think it is very worthy of note that the last fun of the shop, Uh Plavi, who is Indian, who's here in the United States, is the one who's reaching out on social media to the Iranian people as far as you know, reform and change and whatnot. You know, the hope is that with the removal of this tyrannical regime that will all allow for room to change. It's also, I think very anecdotally telling that every time the attacks have come in from Israel in the United States, but in particular from Israel, you saw on social media out of the apartment buildings people are calling death Dehamenei, uh, you know, which I think is very telling.
Speaker 4: About how they've been used and abused by this own regime. Uh.
Speaker 10: But again we're not there yet, uh, you know, and this is not you know, Iran is not a rock. It's not Afghanistan. It's Iran.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: There's a long change that that that that needs to take place here. And you're right, I mean we should. We should be concerned about uh, other outside forces like Turks, like the Russians, like the Chinese trying to get involved with Iran. But I don't think that Iran is going uh is going down quietly into the night. That's not there. It's not in their DNA.
Speaker 7: UH.
Speaker 4: And we're not at that point yet. I think that what we did here.
Speaker 10: What we saw here is the culmination of US Israel shared intelligence operationally and no delitarily coming together to remove a significant threat of the entire region during our world at large. When it comes to the Iranian nuclear program.
Speaker 2: You said Iran will not go quietly into the night, and I believe that. I mean, we have a ceasefire right now, tenuous though it may be, there is a ceasefire between Israel and Iran. At this point, Iran has been from all accounts, beaten into submission, first by Israel and then what the United States did over the past weekend. Nobody should trust Iran. There is no reason, there is no evidence that has been delivered to us over the last forty five years that Iran should be trusted. But we have to trust them right now that at some point they come to their senses. Now, I don't think that's naive. I just think it's giving peace a chance. But we also have to believe that if peace happens, it will run against the grain of what's been going on in Iran for over these many years.
Speaker 10: Right look, coming, I will continue. I mean, you know, Iran is a very large country. They have ballistic capabilities, which they obviously were seeing them use.
Speaker 4: UH. There has been concerned about even prior.
Speaker 10: To the attacks, whether or not they'd be able to smuggle out any kind of weaponry along the way. Their you know, odds are are lower, but again still a possibility. There is a question here, and I think that this is really the regional question, and that is are they able to activate what they've been trying to do their proxies uh At Israel not devastated Hazbalam in the Pager operation, you would have seen ballistic missiles coming in from the north of Israel, from from from.
Speaker 4: Lebanon, right. You know, when the Iranian.
Speaker 10: Attack began to join their fellow travelers, you are seeing the Hutis who.
Speaker 4: Are indeed joining them.
Speaker 10: The larger question, to my mind is whether or not how they're Russian, the Chinese and the Turks, who are indeed allies of Iran, are they going.
Speaker 4: To get involved with all of this?
Speaker 10: But as I said, it's not in iron Dna UH to this basically tried to go quietly, and you're even seeing them try to use Now if you followed yesterday's a Rachi's press conference, you know they're trying to use the international community, International Court of Justice that there you know, it's an act of war. You know, we we were you know, we were only developing medical uh you know, development when it comes to nuclear capabilities, et cetera, et cetera. And so there is this blame game trying to you know, try to get the international community this stand behind him, playing victim, the victim card. But you know, I think that you know the and the other part and if you and I think we need to believe Donald Trump at this point, uh, and we should because he's been right that he was very clear about it that you know, if this continues, this was not a one and done, there will be you know, he will indeed execute more uh operations. Uh when it comes to if Iran continues at all this And I think that that's also important for them to know and for our adversaries to see that we mean what we say and when red lines are crossed, there will be consequences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you highlighted just something that I think is a concern at this point. By the way, we are talking with the esteem doctor Aeso. Romerowski, who is a MIDI scholar, executive director of the Association for studies in the Middle East and Africa. You raised on something I think that's key right now. There is a large amount of uranium that has gone missing in Iran, enriched or otherwise, and that would be of great value to some of those players in that area around Iran, could be used as a bargaining chip by Iran for places like Turkey, for places like Russia or even China. And I think the next key for this country, among which should be completely disarming and at least trying to bring the Homini regime in, if not completely let it topple from the inside, is to find that uranium, because that's that's something that could be a problem down the road. And you know, the uranium was there not to make them a nuclear society and bring great medicine studies and things like that. No, the greatest resource they have is oil. That's what they are. They're an oil nation, and you don't need to build a bunker three hundred feet below the ground just to become a nuclear society. So they got to find that uranium, don't they.
Speaker 10: Uh Yeah, I mean, And I think look, I think we are now post the attack, we are in what is considered to be the BDA phase, the battle damage assessments, and I think that the assessments are still going on, as far as stot of light footage, as far as looking to see exactly what we've done, you know, in the three sites that we're attack when it comes to if Shahan Pordo, you know, and and so all of that and the pause and so the you know, this is all taking place here, and the concern is, to your point, whether or not there is residue of nuclear material that is being transported or relocated around the country, and those are concerns, you know. Thankfully, the Israelis actually have boots on the grounds. I mean, they had intelligence on the ground, they had a masade operation, they had an entire drone space inside of Iran, allowing lawaws take place. And let's let's not be naive about this. This is not like take place from one day to the next. The Israelis have been planning this for years and so you know, I think that based on what we've seen over the past few days now and in general, I think that there's been a great deal of shared collaboration between Israel and sencom H and all the proper agencies here.
Speaker 4: And I think that.
Speaker 10: Uh, these are the things to look out for, uh as we look at all the fluidity and the changes in the region and to crack down on all of this.
Speaker 4: But undred percent I think it is a concern.
Speaker 2: Well, it certainly gives you a lot to talk about and us to worry about, there's no question about that. But it's always great having you on, doctor, doctor acev Ramowski. How do people find you?
Speaker 4: Doctor?
Speaker 2: You sound like a man of great knowledge and wisdom when it comes to things like this. And if somebody wants to contact you or find out more about you, how do they do that?
Speaker 4: You're kind. Our website is spme dot org.
Speaker 10: H and all the information and all our work on the website and it's the best way to you know, find out all the information you need.
Speaker 2: Until our next time. Thank you for your time here today. Thank you doctor.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, find that uranium too, It's got to find that uranium. Get a hold of that stuff. My fear is is that it's somewhere where it is undetectable, protected by people we don't get along with, and they may not be the Iranians. Think about that one for a second while we step away. It is up one twenty seven already news radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: And sure enough there's a damn bear stare me right in the face.
Speaker 5: Oh hello, quiet, I'm skos.
Speaker 4: I'm broadcasting in.
Speaker 1: God Seg. Was that Eddie Fingers?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 11: That was Tom Davis. Apparently the bear that's loose is now it was what sheriff? It is in Huber Heights. Yeah, yeah, there's a bear loose around Huber Heights. To watch out.
Speaker 1: That's not the cocaine bear that was in Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Is it.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No, okay, I think he went to the zoo or something. Good to see it, said, you look well today.
Speaker 11: Same here, ken Brew, good to see you yesterday. It does entertaining watch. Wow, what a what a what a sports crew that was in one place.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. I was surprised.
Speaker 2: I was surprised that the boat house could actually hows all those egos.
Speaker 1: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Well, we all got to we all got we all got together with some clients yesterday to talk about our very nice best Bengals coverage, which will begin here seg.
Speaker 1: Before you know it, that's correct, ken Brew?
Speaker 11: What less than thirty days now, I guess to training camp, and they got to get mister Hendrickson, you know what, whatever's going to happen with him and mister Stewart and mister Knight and who knows what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of guys that are unsigned.
Speaker 11: And then they only got what today's the Today's twenty fifth in June thirtieth, a big day in Bengal history too.
Speaker 2: Well it will be this is smelling like a lease extension, not a new lease, and so that might be two more years. And I kicked the can down the road.
Speaker 4: Is what it.
Speaker 2: Smells like like the rest of the city. Well, that's what it's like, the rest of the city. Yeah, you think the rest of the city smells Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 11: No, I think that you know, they got like maybe they'll have you know, marathon bargaining sessions downtown and though you know they'll u the midnight oil will be uh you know, you know between mister Brown and Alsia Reese and the maybe the Bengals management will get into a room with the commissioners and they'll go up until the midnight hour.
Speaker 2: Well let's just say this, You and I and everybody else in our sports department will not be joining the boat House and Perspective clients for lunch if they are the Mexico City Bengals.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, you know what if that happens, I want to hear I want to hear Dave Lopham describe the game in in Spanish or something that would be that that would be even uh, you know, but I don't know. I mean, I don't think they're going to go anywhere, ken Brew. I think they're going to stay here and they're gonna know the can kick the can down the road.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, if you could make book on it, it's going to be a two year extension.
Speaker 1: Then go then to worry about it in the year a year from exactly, ken Brew.
Speaker 11: The stood reporters of Proud service of your local Teme Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers tennis star quality you can feel in Cincinnati. Call Wyoming Air one eight eight eight nine six h v A c.
Speaker 2: ST you know, Wyoming Air, all these h VA c SIGs, f SEGRE. They're making a lot of money here this week. You're not kidding, You are not kidding. I mean, if you don't have NBC, you're hanging out the window with your tongue to the ground.
Speaker 1: You're not kidding.
Speaker 2: And dog dogs are teaching how to get air, that is if you don't yeah, exactly.
Speaker 11: And take care of those pets too, don't be leaving them out and all that stuff and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your tender vegetation. Make sure you water that too, Amen to that. And also ken Brook.
Speaker 11: The Stooge report with the hot weather headed by a c R gun I fools and spots called it a swim this year.
Speaker 1: Then we'll get you going. You never seen a girl man do this? Have you? I can't.
Speaker 11: I'd be hospitalized. I'd be intraction. Did you dance like Buster Poindex? Hang on, let me stand up. What do you think?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: You know you put you know, you get that hair going, ken Brew, and he look just like him. Damn, We're gonna have to put more product in my hair. Red's update. Those Reds go for the sweep tonight against the Yanks. Nine game winner Max Freed goes up against seven game winner Brady Singer.
Speaker 1: It looks like a good old good one.
Speaker 11: Tonight coverage begins six to ten Sports Talk rnel carriers inside Pitch the Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inding Show after the game.
Speaker 2: You know Terry Francona wanted to kiss a scout on the lips last night?
Speaker 1: Did you know this?
Speaker 11: I know I heard his I heard his comments. Yeah late this morning, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: You know we kind of watched for everything, and he didn't get.
Speaker 1: Too excited talking about Chase Burns. I think he. I think he enjoyed the COMPETI loved it. Yep.
Speaker 8: There's a lot to light who scout? What's what's just? I know he's here tonight with Eddie Eddie Layard. Yes, I can go kiss him right on the lips.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 2: How about that he wants to kiss Eddie Laird on the lips?
Speaker 1: I would do? What do you think Eddie Lairt thought about that?
Speaker 11: Well, he probably is thinking, yes, I got I got you some new I got you some good talent there in one Chase Burns.
Speaker 2: Because Eddie lad saying I don't want to kiss on the lips. I want some green on a palm for doing that, and.
Speaker 11: My Waller Green the second overall pick in last year's July Draft. There Ken Brew first pitcher in the Expansion era to strike out the first five batters he faced in his debut m and of course he got big Aaron Judge in that in that inning too. Yeah, and Gavin Lux with the with the walk off hit in the eleventh.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 2: You know, Gavin Luck's middle name is David, all right, they call him Gavin d Lux.
Speaker 11: Spencer Steer right into Spencer Steer tied the game. I walked down right into that one. No, I made it up so and Cees Yes, Christian N. Carnassi owned strand to you, Ken Brew it is with that three run double tided in the seventh. And the Reds were zero to thirty coming into last night, when trailing after the sixth inning. Now they're one in thirty. See this will get him right well, and Sig they're they're you know, they're right there, they're right there. I mean, you know, Frankcona, you know, he could have pinched hit for Cees right he had he had he had a couple of left handed bats on the bet on the bat including looks yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm gonna keep my powder dry exactly.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's see soccer.
Speaker 11: Following a ten day break, FC Cincinnati back in action tonight Pat Noonan up against the CF Montreal the North of the Border seven o'clock with the Boys on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 2: You think Pat Noonon gets excited about anything every time he talks, whether they want or they lose. He sounds the same now of Pat Noonan's air conditioning went out today on all days. Yeah, that he would be that calm talking to the AC guy. You don't think he'd be yelling and screaming. Guy never yells in screams.
Speaker 11: I think he yelled. He yells and screams of his team every so often.
Speaker 1: Well, they need it, to be honest with you, you know.
Speaker 11: But I know I I think he's like mister cool. Yeah, he's every time he and he you know, he answers every question. Great, you know, so they got a good one right there. He's kind of like the Bill Belichick of soccer. He doesn't have like a a lot of Cincinnati okay, a lot college basketball can brew. According to ESPN, they know everything. Decision on whether or not to expand the NCAA men's and women's basketball tournaments are going to be made in the upcoming weeks.
Speaker 1: He's wondering which way they're gonna go, well.
Speaker 2: What don't they just think if the state of Ohio do you like the Ohio High School, Let everybody in there.
Speaker 11: If you're gonna expand it, let everybody. That's what Indiana does, right with football.
Speaker 1: So what Ohio does with basketball?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 11: And then the expansion would be this year, this year, and but it would expand no more than seventy six teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's what.
Speaker 11: Twelve more than what they have and that's sixty sixty four. Now you know why, because TV wants it. They want the money. They got the money. You don't think they're like, I say, no, we don't want to expand. No, they're going for the green salad of salvation. That's what they're going on. I'm just telling you it's sag. The answer to all of your questions in life is yes.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: What is the answer to all of your questions in life? If it makes the dough, bring it on, If it makes the dough, give some rate to me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's a wise man once, thank you, And they got it.
Speaker 11: And they got to do that because they got to pay these players nil money. Now bingo, So I mean, you know let everybody in from eight tozight a to z It's.
Speaker 2: Like Oprah, you'll get a car, and you'll get a car and you'll get a car.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There you go, sliced one with those big old she used to wear. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: You know I'm a former radio DJ that became a singer. How about that?
Speaker 1: There you go again. Your musical genius too.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, it was the first rock and roll integrated rock and roll band.
Speaker 1: Number three. There you going know it all? I know it.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable and yep, Cynthia got a horn to blow. Dance to the music. Great line from that, I think it was his sister, Cynthia. Cynthia got a horn to blow, and she did, and she did let it that little brass section going on seg we've gone off on a tangent, and I feel badly about that. If you'll just get us out of this, we'll come back and talk about more pertinent things here in just a little.
Speaker 11: Bit ken brew and utter of another hot day in the tri States, Stay hydrated and cool it. Today we leave you with the immortal words of the Stewo Report.
Speaker 4: CNN is scum and so is MSDNC.
Speaker 5: They're all and frankly the networks aren't much better.
Speaker 1: He was on a roll. Man, Wow, he was on a roll, you know kidding? Did you see him drop the F bomb? That was amen? I was unbelieved. I love I loved it.
Speaker 12: They have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know what the they're doing.
Speaker 1: Do you understand that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did, Now you do. And then the reporters are there going ev Yeah.
Speaker 11: He just walks off with his us A hatan on the Marine one and now over in the Netherlands.
Speaker 2: And I'm getting on a chopper. You people can go home in your accords, all the Atlanta accords.
Speaker 11: He's getting on storm, gonna go across the pond a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, you do look good today. Thank you. On seven hundred w l W all right to eight.
Speaker 2: The average American in for the great American on this Wednesday, and all because of you or without you, I would be simply one man sitting in a room babbling to himself. And why would I have to leave home to do that? John Thune is the Senate Majority leader. He is the guy that replaced Mitch McConnell, and he is promising that the Senate will sign off on the big beautiful bill before they break for their July fourth recess. That would most probably be this Friday, could be Saturday, regardless. The Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson, has said that whenever they sign off, then the House will be ready for reconciliation and maybe get this thing as law as early as next week. We'll see. There appears to be a big hurdle, and it involves healthcare because more than a dozen House Republicans have worn they will not support the Senate's version of the tax and spending bill because proposed Medicaid cuts are too steep. Most of these Republicans are in vulnerable districts, and of course everything is on a two year cycle in the House. Everybody that gets elected in one November begins campaigning for the next November the next day after getting elected. But anyway, the Senate Finance Committee wants to clamp down on two things that states used to boost Medicare funding to hospitals, state directed payments and Medicaid provided taxes. The restrictions are a major concern for rural hospitals. And then there's all kind of rhetoric that is emanating from various parts. Mitch McConnell says, apparently in a closed door meeting yesterday that yeah, you know what, the people back.
Speaker 1: Home, they'll get over it.
Speaker 2: And then you've got a group of Democrats using something that was released by researchers at Yale University and the University of Pennsylvania that says, even if it's just the House version of the medical portion of this big beautiful bill, even if it's that without any kind of change for the worst inside the Senate, in their opinion, fifty one thousand people will die annually. So there's a lot of nonsense that's being knocked around with all of this. Let's get to the truth and some sanity. And when it comes to truth and sanity and healthcare, I turned to one person. He is the author of the book The sixty Percent Solution, Rethinking Healthcare, and he's our good buddy, Todd Furnas And Todd, how are you on this glorious Wednesday?
Speaker 5: I am doing dandy Ken, How the heck are you?
Speaker 2: I'm hotter than a matchstick. I don't know where you are, but where I am. Literally the old fry the egg on the sidewalk I think would work.
Speaker 1: But be that as it may.
Speaker 2: This rhetoric surrounding what's in the quote unquote big beautiful bill and what the Senate wants to do with it with regards to Medicaid, let's just talk about medicaid. Where is the truth in what appears to be a lot of fiction.
Speaker 5: So the first thing we start with is what are the numbers that are being referred to? And let's imagine that hypothetically it's something like seven hundred billion dollars. Well, that's measured over a period of ten years, so we're really talking about seventy billion dollars. Now, let's remember what the budget is for CMS for a Yeah, a CMS I think was a trillion dollars. Okay, so we're talking about seven percent right annually. Now that's before you get tenny real hard work on cost cutting. But let's just assume that the number is great. What you really find is this challenge between the states that expanded medicaid and allowed the medicaid to be given to.
Speaker 4: People who are not.
Speaker 5: Here legally, people who aren't who are able bodied but are not working, and a few other categories.
Speaker 1: So what the current bill says is.
Speaker 5: Now we're going to go back to doing the way we used to do it when there was a work requirement, and we're going to require a few other things. Now, what you would also find is this typically ends up being a blue state versus a red state issue, because more often than not, those states who expanded healthcare, I've been for Medicaid.
Speaker 1: Or blue states.
Speaker 2: So as I read this, the Senate Finance Committee includes, and I think this is what you're talking about, significant cuts to taxes that states can levy on medical providers. And the way the system works is states impose these taxes on providers to boost their federal Medicaid contribution, which then direct them back to hospitals in the form of higher reimbursements. And you know, it seems like a shell game with money that's going on here?
Speaker 1: Is it one giant show game.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: Now there's another trick here, which is you're correct in identifying that there's a matching going on. So what happens is the state put up a portion of the money and the Feds put up the other portion of the money, and that's how it Medicaid is funded.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously the states.
Speaker 5: Are doing things to try and make sure that number looks bigger so that the Fed's obligation is greater. And this is the very endemic, our pandemic problem we have in the business model of healthcare is everything is a cost plus model, and so everybody wants to inflate the numbers for all the wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, What do you make of this research out of Yale University and the University of Pennsylvania. Let's again just point out these are Ivy League schools. But anyway, the public health and policy researchers at these two universities warren that if it's just only the house build and nothing that is added on or subtracted from the Senate build, if it's just that more than fifty one thousand people would die annually. That's from loss of coverage, disenrollment in Medicare benefits, elimination of Medicaid services for things like nursing homes, nursing cutbacks, and things like that. What do you make of that? That sounds like And of course some Senate Democrats just leaped on that like a fresh piece of meat. Just that seems a bit draconian. I mean, if indeed, if it's just what the House is passed. Is it really going to be that kind of thing or are we just here with political gamesmanship?
Speaker 5: Well, I of course would think it falls in the latter category. But it's all around the assumptions you're making to build the model, and I would take issue with their assumptions.
Speaker 2: And their assumptions are probably based on research that I mean, if you want an outcome, you tend if you're one of these advocacy places like these universities, if you want an outcome, you research to that outcome. You don't necessarily research to the best outcome. Okay, so you got I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't necessarily buy the outcome the output of that study. I just it's strange credulity, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the Senate wants more cuts than what the House has, and the House has some Republicans that are saying, well, look, if it's what we're hearing out of the Senate Finance Committee, then we're going to have trouble with it. The devil is in the politics, obviously, but I don't think there's any question that there's some sort of reconciliation that gets them.
Speaker 1: Home on this thing.
Speaker 2: I just don't, yeah, because there's too many other things tied to this bill that nobody wants their name tied to. And that is, if Trump's tax cuts aren't made permanent, then everybody gets a giant tax bill starting in January, and it costs you roughly twenty two percent more to live than what it does right now, and Democrat Republican, nobody wants that attached next to their name. I think there's a lot of things to get you home, but I think that's the thing that gets everybody home.
Speaker 5: I think you're absolutely right on that point. And I think the other thing that's troubling to me is that if you were in any business whatsoever, and I recognize the federal government's not run like a business, but if you had any business whatsoever and you were told to cut expense by five or ten percent, you'd figure out a way to do it and the company would still be around and people wouldn't die.
Speaker 2: But if you're a politician, there are three things you want. God, a politician wants your money so the politician can campaign and then get your vote.
Speaker 1: That's two.
Speaker 2: And the third thing of the politician wants is nothing that's attached to his name. These people don't want to vote on anything because they're no, you know, they're going to be held accountable to it. So sure, in a private enterprise you can do that and still chrug right along. But in politics, my gosh, you know what, you're just writing a campaign ad for your opponent in the next election. And so I think that's why it operates a little bit differently than it does in corporate America.
Speaker 1: But be that as it met, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 5: The only thing I would say, I thought three things you were telling gonna coming about was fear uncertainty in doubt.
Speaker 2: No, that's only in the mind of the people that do the voting. But how much fraud, in your opinion, is there in medicaid? You know, you mentioned earlier about the illegals that are in this country and getting that particular benefit, and that if you eliminate that, you're on a road to starting to save money. But fraud in any federal program is inherent, it's everywhere in the federal government. How bad is it in your opinion with medicaid?
Speaker 5: I think it's very difficult to wantify, in part because we're using words that to be perhaps misconstrued let's just say that people are getting it that perhaps shouldn't be getting it, or people are enrolled where they shouldn't be enrolled. So for example, if you're you know, one of the examples has becided quite often is when somebody moves from one state to another and they enroll in medicaid in the second state, they're still in the roles of the first date, so that the first state gets money because they're in the roles, and the second state gets money because the role. Okay, so that's an example. I don't know that that's necessarily fraud. Somebody probably didn't think, hey, I got to go on and roll in.
Speaker 4: State number one.
Speaker 5: The second example would be the one around people who come into the country illegally, and that is a substantial number. And what happens there is the burden was shifted first of all into the federal government and the state government who share the responsibility, and then ultimately down to the local level where public hospitals were providing that care, and then tapping into their engigent fund revenues where they were not getting compensated for those people because of Medicaid or Medicare or a commercial church provider, so they were they were dipping in the in our case, property tax revenues, so the property tax revenues are actually going to the county hospital to support the Haney Hospital. So it's just a question of who's entitled to get properly entitled to get the coverage, and then are only those people getting that coverage. So I don't know that the falls under fraud, waste for abuse. It's just money that shouldn't be spent, and I don't and that that number by itself is material.
Speaker 2: So okay, So McConnell shot his mouth off, I guess in a closed door meeting yesterday it leaked out. Gosh, imagine that in Washington, d C. They're about a million and a half people in Kentucky who are enrolled in Medicaid. Cincinnati is a major metropolitan area, but most of Cincinnati is individual towns. And then, of course, like most of America, around these large cities are rural areas, and the fear is, or at least from the rhetoric from Democrats and those opposed to any cuts to Medicaid, is that if you start cutting Medicaid, you start affecting medical care in these rural areas. With these rural hospitals where there aren't a lot of doctors or nurses or a lot of hospitals to begin with. Is there validity to that argument that if they go in and start making these cuts to Medicaid that it will adversely affect these rural hospitals and healthcare providers.
Speaker 5: I think there's some legitimacy to that concern, and I think what it'll likely do is encourage other types of service becoming more adopted more rapidly. So, for example of things that is taking off everywhere it can is telehealth. Right, So, now, if you have a phone, you have access to a doctor under certain circumstances. Well, let's imagine that we really relieve the license restrictions around that to some extent, and now all of a sudden, you're able to deliver medical advice over a cell phone. And now you've got a different set of providers. So what that really means is you're looking at emergency rooms and more critical care level one trauma stuff.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, Okay, yeah, And you're right, totally right about telehealth. I mean, I'll go to a doctor and I'll walk out of the office and I'm thinking to myself, I could I could have easily have done this over the phone or zoom or whatever it may be. You know, often oftentimes that's what it is. There's nothing traumatic about it. So okay, so it sounds like that, you know, the devil here in the details. Now that we know what it is, it's how much are we going to pay? How much we're not going to pay. But at the end of this, at the end of this big beautiful bill that allegedly both sides seem to think will get passed in some way, shape or form, what do you think the end result looks like for Medicaid and would it have Is there any tangible effect that this will have on Medicare at all?
Speaker 5: I don't know the answer on Medicare yet. But again I think that that people are going to be less likely to tinker with Medicare in the way that they are with Medicaid because of the access to Medicaid being a little bit more porous.
Speaker 1: More porous in what way.
Speaker 5: Meaning people don't have to try and get a job before getting on Medicaid, or they don't have to be in school, or they don't have to work for charity or getting education of some sort, or they can move from one safe to another. These issues are making a little bit more easy to access MEDICAIDS resources.
Speaker 1: Right because the House It's just because.
Speaker 2: The House bill says, look, if you're between the ages of nineteen and sixty four, you have to go to work, but exempts I believe it exempts people with the dependent children.
Speaker 1: The Senate.
Speaker 2: Puts the requirements on parents with children over the age of fourteen. There is a work attachment, is what you're saying to Medicaid, where with Medicare there is not because obviously most of the Medicare recipients are people who are retired or very close to retirement. So that's the difference between the two in terms of you know where the cuts may potentially be.
Speaker 5: Well, they're evening allowing you to volunteer. So if you volunteer eighty hours a month, then you can still qualify for Medicaid.
Speaker 2: How many hours a month? Eighty eighty hours a month, Well, that doesn't seem like a lot of time.
Speaker 5: Well, you're basically halftime a week the twentieth week.
Speaker 2: So that could be reading to the blind, it could be school assistant, it could be could be anything that benefits the community.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could be the school crossing garden.
Speaker 1: You could be the school crossing guard.
Speaker 2: So when it's all said and done, you think this gets done, this will not be a problem because of if nothing else, the other things that are in this bill, and it'll just percolate forward. And do you think and this is I know, crystal ball, but I got to ask, anyway, do you think it's for better or for worse?
Speaker 4: I think it'll be for better.
Speaker 5: And the reason I think that is because what only a few people are talking about is the fact that we stand on the precipice of these very significant entitlements going bankrupt, like the Medicare Trust Fund.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, yep, absolutely, And that's.
Speaker 5: What nobody really wants to address. That is the giant elephant in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, nobody wants to touch it because again it goes back to my three things a politician wants, and they just, you know, I'll kick it down down the road. Half of these guys and women that are in Washington, d C. Or seventy plus, they figure by the time it's a problem, they're dead or they've just you know, decided they were going to get the hell out of Washington, which you know, maybe some do, some don't, But I just don't think anybody wants to deal with that because if they do, then that adversely affects their ability to get re elected, and therein lies a problem with just the way the country is operating at this point.
Speaker 1: Toddy, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 5: I had somebody tell me this very point, make this very point. He said, you know, people think that people are good or bad based on the issues, but the reality is they're otherwise unemployable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what skill set do you have? Well, I was a politician. Oh good, I'm actually a lawyer. Well, there's certainly not a there's certainly a real darth of those. So yeah, come back here and join us. Good stuff, Todd. The book is the sixty percent Solution. It's out there right now. It's a good read. It is a read as to where we should be going. And where we're going right now is it looks like back and forth between the House and Senate.
Speaker 5: All right, So we're going to be going to the Cincinnati Opening together.
Speaker 1: We are. I'm going to meet you at the Cincinnati open.
Speaker 2: That's going to be exciting, and I guarantee you as hot as it is now, it's going to be even hotter in August. But that's the way we like it. That's the way we like it. We'll see you then, Todd, and we'll talk, if not sooner. Thank you, cheers, Thanks so much, Todd. Furnace on a daylight today. Furnace is the operative word to twenty seven News Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 1: Hey you with the bows o hair, You got a big mouth.
Speaker 12: Anyone ever told you that you got a better chance of playing Bozo?
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 1: What do you think I'm funny like a clown? Funny? Huh? I'm done with you all of years. I'm out of here.
Speaker 12: Up at a big Daddy's Liquors at Newport for some cognac and then back to the tent.
Speaker 1: For cigars, poker and a little dancing.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, Andy Mac the Wizard likes to dance, bringing girl number five, the one with the golden veils is that Valerie. Don't come a knockings if you see the wizards tent a rock.
Speaker 5: Hello, Buiet Scots, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Who was that guy that was from the Bob shreve a Theater of the Absurd.
Speaker 11: The past, prime prime Playhouse, the PPP.
Speaker 1: Well at one.
Speaker 11: Time for for for college credit. I was sitting on the set of Channel twelve, like where Nick Colooney used to sit, and Bob Shreve was in doing his his thing, and one of the guys, I can't remember the guy that was the guy that was working there, said, hey, come down, get some extra credit. I said, sure, said, we're gonna We're gonna answer phones like all night long with Bob Shreve in the past Prime Playhouse, you know, he ran. He was sitting behind the bar, you know, and he said, well, what we got to do first is when he goes on, we got to throw stuff at him. They had like seven thousand of these stuffed animals and stuff, and we're throwing the you know, the rubber chickens and everything at him. And then when the movie's going on, we go into the newsroom like on the set of Channel twelve way back when, and take calls from people saying, Hey, this is lou and Norwood. I'm watching the movie here. Say hello to me, and we write it down and give it to Bob Shreve. And then the next break he said from Norwood, hey, thanks for watching, you know Joe from Joe from Cocomo, how you doing?
Speaker 1: And all this stuff. It was.
Speaker 11: I mean it was like it was unbelievable. I mean we got calls all night long up until like I think he was on from midnight to five or something like that.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was something. When I was in Cincinnati. This is in seventy five, I think I first got here, and my wife at the time was working out out of a Channel twelve. She was working with all the broadcasters to get when you actually had to work to get your license renewed. Yeah, And so she and I had lunch in the cafeteria Channel twelve they used to call it Frieda's over the Rhine Cafe. And I'm sitting there with her having lunch, and to my right was Bob Shreve eating a hold as soup.
Speaker 1: How about that getting better than that now, ken Brew.
Speaker 2: I looked at him, I said, are you Bob Shreeve? And he looked at me, and he put his finger to his lips and said he was something else. He was amazing guy.
Speaker 1: He could do anything right.
Speaker 2: Every market had a guy like him, Amen, But no market had a guy like him.
Speaker 1: That's for sure. That's for sure, ken Brew.
Speaker 11: The stood reporters of Proud Service of her local tame star heating in air conditioning dealers, tame star quality you can feel in beautiful northern Kentucky any weather heating and air at eight five nine seven, eight, one forty eight two spots. Red Legs go for a sweet tonight of the Yanks. Max Freed up against the Brady Singer and I got something here ken Brew on X from the one and only illustrious Charlie Goldsmith, who says that that let's see what's he say here? A player's only meeting has turned around the Reds season. Charlie Goldsmith says that the Reds entered June six with a thirty and thirty three record. They had lost a lot of games, beating themselves. This and that everybody knows that something was missing. So around four o'clock on that day the team was late getting onto the field, Lux and catcher Jose Travina were leading a player's only meeting in the clubhouse.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 11: And from that, from from that, from since that meeting, the Reds are twelve and five.
Speaker 2: Self policing seg there's nothing like it. How about that?
Speaker 11: Self police Charlie Goldsmith with the with the reporting action of the day.
Speaker 2: The choir is good they miss him already. I think they're gonna rue the day that guy left.
Speaker 1: Amen to that.
Speaker 2: He was very good. He's kind of obsessive, which I like in a reporter. He's very fair, right, and and that's what you have to do, you know, fairness and reporting newspaper, television or otherwise is a lost art today, that's for sure. I think they're going to rue the day they let that guy go. Amen to that, and also Ken Bruce. Since it's hot outside hot, it's hot. The Students Report this week is presented by a c R Gunny Pools and spas hand behind the head six' Ten Sports Talk tonight with THE rnl carriers Inside pitch and then The Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Ding show after the, game and then let's SEE Mls Soccer, tonight our Beloved orange And blue AKA Fc Cincinnati north of The border taking open up the second half of the season up against THE Cf.
Speaker 11: Montreal game to. Match the coverage begins at seven ON espn fifteen.
Speaker 1: Thirty The HOMA, mo that's so With TOMMY G, right That's TOMMY g and.
Speaker 11: Correct he calls them to, Me, Tommy tommy toll me TO. Mo will be, There mo will be on before them and then ready to rock and roll with you to POL i love.
Speaker 1: THAT i love. That so that's In montreal, Tonight.
Speaker 11: Montreal, tonight AND i THOUGHT i read they don't have too much success against C F, montreal but they they better start to get with. It although they're still all. RIGHT i, mean you, KNOW i think they're all right in the standing as far AS i, know you know what They're they've been off for ten. Days you, know somebody asked pat noon and what they got done on those stats ten.
Speaker 7: Days, Yeah i've had some good, discussions good discussions just around our overall, play both sides of the, ball both, sides good feedback from the guy back of what they, see what they feel.
Speaker 1: In moments for clear. THROAT i think maybe we're not on the same. Page well maybe they're. Not who.
Speaker 7: Knows he found, some you, know some good solutions to a lot of things with the time we've had to.
Speaker 1: Work, yeah what's? Hope what's? Hope that's the.
Speaker 2: Thing the, Actor, yeah he played the Character Mini max in that that video was directed By Michael. Scorsese But Wesley, snipes who did time in the jint For Tax, evasion.
Speaker 1: He he was in that. Video pretty good. MOVIE a movie actor, too What Wesley?
Speaker 2: Snipe, yeah for a while until they he went to The Big house for tax of.
Speaker 11: Asion, yeah that's not. Good, no you never want to do. That SO i guess he didn't hear OF h AND r. BLOCK i guess he didn't hear of THE I R. S i think it Was Jackson hewett or something that you.
Speaker 1: Know, Somebody, yeah SOMEBODY i don't.
Speaker 4: Know is that?
Speaker 11: IT i think that's, it Ken. Brew i'm Gonna i'm gonna go sit on a block of, ice all. Right i'll see how in about and see in about ten seconds how it's going to.
Speaker 2: Melt we'll try to get a fan in, here because you're sweating And i'm. Sweating but get us out of This Stooge, report if you, would.
Speaker 11: Ken brew And, hunter of a hot day here in The Tri state and Go, reds sweep Them Yanks. Yankees we leave you with the immortal words of The Stooge. Report let me gaze into my crystal for some. Knowledge, no not crystal in accounting, this, crystal my crystal.
Speaker 1: Ball. Oh i'll tell you.
Speaker 2: What the writing on that show was second to, None Emmy award winning it, was and it was so good that when the head writer, left they canceled the.
Speaker 11: Show, no, yeah it's a. Shame it. Is just imagine where The wizard would be. Today i'd be doing you know what The wizard would probably be, doing like A Bob shreves show right. Now it could be On channel five from midnight to. Six he could be selling tense At. Dick's is what he could.
Speaker 1: Be doing over here In kenwood. Exactly, no you know what we all might be doing.
Speaker 2: That thank, You, sex stay cold And i'll talk to you when to talk to, you all, right Ken brew take care sees seven HUNDRED. Wlw of, course ALL i am is a. Bridge it's All i've ever been in my, life to lead people from one side of the river to the. Other and of, course when you get to the other, side as we are led to, believe As god fearing, people at the other side is some sort of, heaven some sort of angelic existence that will allow us to develop into even better versions of. Ourselves and that's what awaits us all, now because come out here in just a matter of, minutes it is the epicent of our broadcast. Day it is The eddie And Rocky. Show That i'll take you right up till six, o'clock and one can only imagine what that nirvana may be by the time they're done at six. O'clock but, here perhaps for a taste to snip, out if you, will a little, appetizer a little teas tease is one rocket j, Boyman, rocky how are you on this glorious?
Speaker 13: Day i'm doing, Good, ken speaking of, angelic you AND i along with the other broadcast mavens of this radio. Station we're now at the the Boat house, yesterday and if that place had any more just, energy it would have exploded.
Speaker 1: Right right with me and you in the, room you, know redheads.
Speaker 2: Heads, together we got A Vandy dalton showed. Up THE fbi would be. OUTSIDE i COULDN'T i couldn't. BELIEVE i couldn't believe the boat house could house that many.
Speaker 1: Egos it's no. Doubt sure if somebody had a problem with.
Speaker 2: Something, yeah well we had a very nice time and it was. Great, uh it was a, great a great day down. There Now i've got this thing That i'm reading here about The bengals in their. Lease, uh if The bengals wanted to break the, lease and by the, way the lease is up at the end of the, month where they have to at least move, on either give them two years renewal or. Whatever but according to the state, budget if The bengals want to leave and go TO i don't, Know Mexico, city first they've got to see if there's anybody In Hambleton county that wants to buy the. Team so my question is is who In Hamilton county would be able to pony up the one point eight or nine billion it would cost to buy that.
Speaker 13: Team see, Lender John barrett And. WILLIE i mean those three together would have that money tomorrow right they got there and then their couch cushions ken.
Speaker 1: Come, on, yeah, absolutely that's that's exactly what it. Is you Imagine willie running AN nfl, Franchise, NO i. COULD i couldn't imagine him running The fest.
Speaker 13: Franchise, correct you wouldn't let him run my not whole baseball.
Speaker 2: Team but my point is is that this is smelling like to me a two year. EXTENSION i don't think they're going to come to the new. LEAGUES i think they're going to kick this. Can, yes, YES i would.
Speaker 13: Bet every DOLLAR i have can That no one's going to make a, major like really, tough hard decision that's going to disappoint some. People they're going to boot it down the way for a couple of, years and then we'll probably boot it down another two years after.
Speaker 2: That and then what will they need that's four years, down five years down, there they're going to need a new stadium then in five, years not just refurbished, gating a new.
Speaker 1: One maybe that's the diabolical.
Speaker 2: Plan, WELL i don't, know but you, know as you, know it's public money for THESE i, mean, yeah we're gonna build an.
Speaker 1: Arena we're gonna have public. Money we're gonna.
Speaker 2: There nobody wants to spend public money on arena in football stadia. Anymore what's gonna happen, is you, know although that franchise will get to be worth two and a half three billion dollars and you, know sell it at that, point it only costs you seven million in the first. Place and that was back in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 1: SEVE i, mean it can.
Speaker 13: Happen AND i mean What Genie buss just sold part of The, lakers, right so if they can get, sold but the bengalsures that can get, sold so you.
Speaker 2: Never, Know, rock if there's the right money out, there anything can be, Sold, amen, brother even your soul in my sol.
Speaker 1: Damn straight for the right. Price what are?
Speaker 2: You what are you And eddie? Extrapolating oh, boy right out of the. Gate we have a General robert Dez on with. Us he's a retired.
Speaker 4: General.
Speaker 1: Uh really good.
Speaker 13: Guests gonna just kind of bring us up the speed with what's going on With israel And, iran the, ceasefire no ceasefire all. That then wey Of Mike Petralia trags is going to join us at three thirty five to talk About Chase burns big night last, night these red hot reds much much.
Speaker 1: More, Again well that's what we.
Speaker 2: Like we like much much more because that means you've only plotted the show out for the first, Raptly, ryan.
Speaker 1: That's i'm still working on four pm. One, ken come, on you know how this business.
Speaker 2: Works, well you guys have a great show And, rock that was great seeing you yesterday and we will talk.
Speaker 1: Again when we talk, Again.
Speaker 4: Ken you're the.
Speaker 1: Best thank, you and let that be a lesson to all of.
Speaker 2: Us do not ever let friends go, Unserviced do not ever put friends. Aside always make time to have a little bit of time with the people you, like and that's what we. Did it's three o'clock now in The Tri state hod as it may be on seven hundred W welw