Speaker 1: Let's get the five o'clock hours. Started off here as a game day edition of Coffee and Company, fuel by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety Nick Coffee, that's me Radio, Rick Ryder alongside today. Austin will be back tomorrow and I think we'll also in the next couple of days we'll welcome back the company man, mister John Alden to join us as well. But Rick's been holding down for us over the last couple of days. Always a pleasure to work with you.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, and I hope I'm not overstepping here, but you're married, right.
Speaker 3: That's right, forty seven years.
Speaker 1: So if you mind me asking how did you and your wife meet?
Speaker 3: Well, we actually met at a singles function at a local church.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. You couldn't have given me a better answer. You say, forty seven years.
Speaker 3: Forty seven years.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, that's awesome. I got a lot more to go. My wife and I we've been together. This may will be our thirty fourteenth anniversary, which is crazy, how fast, crazy, how fast life goes. But I saw something here during the break that it doesn't really surprise me. Just you know, when you give it some thought, but it's a breakdown of how couples have met from nineteen thirty to now in twenty twenty four. And of course, as you could expect, it used to be, you know, way back in the days we're talking in the seventies and the eighties. I mean, it was you met your significant other through friends, mutual friends, maybe coworkers, or you met them at a borrower restaurant, you were introduced to them with family, and then by the time we got to really guess what year was it. And it's a really cool video that I'm trying to scan through because it just shows you each year what the percentage of couples that exist, you know, And it's no, it's not a perfect science, but it's just I guess, a survey to figure out how you know, of all the people that are together, whether they're couple or their married or whatever it may be, how they met. And when you got to right around two thousand and eleven, that is when it shifted to where the majority the leading way people have met is online. And now as we sit in twenty twenty four, it's set sixty percent have now have met on the couples that are together. Sixty percent of them they met online. Thirteen percent roughly thirteen fourteen percent is they met through friends. So my wife and I we were high school sweethearts, as they say, I mean, we met long before high school. We grew up together. But yeah, you know, I just I never really give it much thought because again I can't relate. But I guess it does make sense given where we are technologically and how we're on our devices at all times. It's a convenient thing that I guess it shouldn't surprise me that to see that the majority of people that are now together they ended up meeting via the Internet, rather it be Facebook or a dating app or whatever it may be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty seven years congratulations, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all such things online.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we're going together. Well, let me ask you this whenever. And I love that you said going together because that's old school. I like that when you all met, was that sort of like a I mean, I would imagine that was one of the more frequent ways for people to meet and potentially see if they find a match and you know, become become an item.
Speaker 3: Right, That's pretty much the way it was we met. It like I said, this church function, I was in radio full time at that time and we were I was m seing a dance where I was playing the records.
Speaker 1: And she knew you were the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess she came up to the stage and you made quite an impression.
Speaker 1: Clearly.
Speaker 3: She kept asking for songs, and finally I got her phone number and the rest is history.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, good stuff, good stuff there, forty seven years. Congratulations to you guys. I hope to make it to forty seven as well. But yeah, good stuff. All right. So let's just talk really quickly about the Bellerman game. And I'm not going to I don't want to dismiss it, like you know, we're just going to spend a couple of minutes on it. But I also don't think the game itself, as far as the matchup is something that is that is all that intriguing. But maybe I'm wrong. But for me, other than this game, as far as the scheduling, and that's something we've talked about throughout the first couple of hours. If you are just now joining us again, disclaimer, I mean, I think most people, at least I hope most people hear what I'm saying, and they're not necessarily having selective hearing. I'm not saying that I'm anti Louisville Bellerman and that they shouldn't play. I'm fine with them playing. Love Scotty Davenport. I want to see Bellerman do well, and if it's good for them, then great. I just I think you're going to see some programs, and maybe not this one. Maybe Pat Kelsey doesn't care, but I think you're going to see some programs some coaches, I should say not programs, but coaches decide, Okay, we really need to beef up our non conference schedule. As we just talked with Cel Brown there in the four o'clock hour, the ACC has really emphasized when it comes to non conference scheduling. You know, one of the fact I mean, it's true it started right before the pandemic, because I remember Chris Mack was pretty vocal about it on his Coaches Show one time. Now you've got a bunch of teams in the ACC that are going and scheduling teams in the three hundreds, and then they would mess around and lose to one of them, and that would really bring the whole league down in a way. And that's when you started to see the slow decline of opportunities to get quad one real valuable wins in league play. I mean the ACC. I mean it's fallen off substantially in basketball. I mean it used to be every week you had at least one. I mean, I don't know if it was. It would be a rare week to not have an opportunity in league play from like January to March to get a real valuable win. Maybe not a win that's going to get you, you know, a big boost when with your resume, but a win that's got value. And now you see so many ACC teams scheduling teams in the three hundreds, and some of them will mess around and lose, and it just it's a killer of the league. So you know, with that in mind, if Bellerman stays kind of where they are, I just think it wouldn't be a shocker if you find out that the ACC is advising Louisville to not play those kind of teams and therefore they're going to not do it. Now, what I hope happens, and I could certainly see this happening, is that coach Davenport's program they end up kind of getting back to where they were when they first made the jump to Division One. They're not there right now. They've had a couple of tough losses here. They're zero to four on the season, and they were up nearly twenty points. I think it was against Southern Indiana and let that one slip away got to be a heartbreaker for coach Davenport and his team. And then I think even VMI is another team they played that they I don't know if they were in control, but it was a close game that they could have easily won. The other losses have come against the other losses have come against vm I or I'm sorry, I v I BCU, who they played to start the season, and that's a tough game for him. They lost that win eighty four to sixty five. And then they did lose to Marshall on the road this past weekend by twenty one. So if you go back, let me. Actually, I can do it right here in the Ken Palm formula. Here we go. So Bellerman they finished twenty and thirteen in the year two thousand two, and they were ranked number two hundred in the kin Pom. When it's all said and done, that team is a team you should absolutely play because you know, well they might beat you. I mean, that was a good Scott Davenport team, and usually his teams are good. This team may be good too. They're just not really in that position right now, and unfortunately the last two years have led to them just not really being in a great spot when it comes to these numbers. In twenty twenty one, they finished one hundred and sixty seventh in the kin Pom. So again, that's not like something to brag about for a lot of programs, but for Bellerman, a team that is still brand new really to Division one, that's great. So if they end up, you know, and I hope they do, and I believe they will get back to that level, then it's a different conversation. But as they currently sit in the three hundreds, it's just it's a game that if in fact coach Kelsey or even another team right like, I'm looking at Bellerman's schedule here this year. They're not as loaded as they as they have been in previous years with the non conference opponents. But in twenty twenty two they played Perdue, Gonzaga, CLA, West Virginia. You know, those are teams that maybe now they're looking at Bellermant and saying, yeah, we we we probably are going to pass on that one. I'm not saying that they are. I'm not. I mean, it would make total sense if coach Davenpore doesn't want to go out there and schedule that kind of a start to a season like he did a few years ago. So again, I just if you're somebody that really does enjoy these games, and you really love it because you're a Louisville fan, but you graduated from Bellerman or vice versa, enjoy it because you know, it wouldn't shock me if at some point these games this game isn't played. But here's Pat Kelsey yesterday when asked about the future of of this series.
Speaker 4: Uing in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, he was first of all one of the first people to call me or text me and congratulate me, you know, when I got the job here, and it's been good to me over the years. We've talked x's and o's. You know, Doug I mentioned I worked with he was a GA at Xavier when I was the associate head coach there and ironically when I got my first head coaching job at Winthrop. I hired Doug as my director of basketball operations, and he was on the job for exactly thirty six hours and walked in and looked like he had seen a ghost. And I said, Doug, what's wrong you ges? Coach, I gotta talk to you about something. And I said, Doug's what's wrong? And he goes, I just got a call from coach Patino and or he offered me a job at the University of Louisville. I said, get your butt out of here right now, don't pass go, don't collect one hundred dollars. So you know, I just have a lot of respect for Scott and I think it's good for the city.
Speaker 1: So you know, it is good for the city as far as giving both fan bases an opportunity to, you know, get together, watch these two teams play, and you know, like I get it, this is a much more preferable game around here than other teams in that caliber. And if that, if that alone is enough to say, hey, let's you know, if you're gonna play, let's put it this way. If you're gonna play one team, which typically you probably are going to play at least one team that is in that caliber then make a Bellarman like, I'm fine with that, but you know, Morehead, they're also sort of in that same tier. So if I had to choose between one of the two, I would go Bellerman because of the obvious reason. But you know, I knew I should have just been a little bit more mindful of making this a talking point because it's probably already you know, people think I'm like, well, you got a good Bellerman, nothing at all, nothing at all. But what I've just tried to emphasize is that this is really something you know, and I know that Bellerman looks at it this way, like this is something that they probably appreciate that Louisville's willing to add them to their schedule, and I hope that they don't change that, but if they did, I'll just say that I won't I wouldn't be shocked. Now. As far as what I hope to see tonight from this team, one, I hope that they win, and I hope that it's not not close, because you know, you need to be I mean, by the way, real quick, just some numbers here. Louisville opened up at twenty one and a half. As far as being favored they opened up twenty one and a half point favorites as of now, it is now twenty eight and a half. That is the biggest line movement of any matchup that you have here in college basketball tonight. So you'd have to win this game by twenty nine points to cover, and I don't know if they will, but I hope they do, which makes me sound mean because I don't want coach Davenport to get blown out, but you know, that's that's the that's the preference for me tonight is that Louisville wins and they cover, and it's not even really about covering. And by the way, they could win by thirty and it might it may not actually benefit them when it comes to the to the formulas out there and the analytics and whatnot. But anyways, as far as what's on the court, you know, I think this is probably going to be a game where you see Pat Kelcey and his team be able to get into what they want to do, because I actually think Bellerman, you know, they're not going to want to have a track meet. That's not really the way they play, but they will, you know, let's take advantage of opportunities that they have to get some quick threes up if they've got good looks. I mean, I know coach Chadnbore has always built his team with some guys who can clearly shoot the ball. But I think Louisville will you. I don't know if they're gonna look like they did against Morehead Stay, but what I'm gonna be interested to see. And Seal Brown touched on this a little bit during our conversation the four o'clock hour. You know, rotations like are you gonna continue to use your bench to where it's not necessarily about Okay, let's put Cora and Johnson in there because we really want to utilize something he's got in his bag. Or is it going to be based off of your style? Because again, and I'm trying to explain it without sounding like such a dumbass, but Pat Kelsey at Winthrop and at Charleston and even early on here at Louisville in the exhibition games, in the Morehead Stay game, the success and the results were based more so off of a style of play than any specific player or players. Was not about who you have, it's what you're doing, and look, you can win that way against these kind of teams. And look, you may be able to win that way against a lot of teams when you have a roster that is built with a little bit more overall talent. And I don't want to say these guys are talent lists, but Pat went out and was able to get a team that really they fit a role, they fit a need for him to play the specific style that they want to play. But as we saw against Tennessee, you're not always going to be able to do that against good teams that are, you know, built like Rick Barnes's Tennessee teams are built. Belement is not going to give you a realistic look that can see if you really did get better when you play those kind of teams like Tennessee. But I will be paying attention to see if maybe the you know, the rotations are a little bit different, right do you do you try to get into some half court sets to you know, to to generate some good looks that aren't just okay, hey we got we got a good look there from three. It was within rhythm and everybody on the floor for the most part, has the green light. If we want to have as many possessions as possible, you know, and I wouldn't be shocked if they don't get into that, because they probably won't really need to, but it does give you a chance to kind of work on some stuff, and you'll know that it being effective tonight potentially won't mean for sure that it's going to be effective when you play Indiana or West Virginia or Arizona or Gonzaga next week when you're in the Bahamas, but you know it'll give you a chance to get some repetition at that for when you do get to the Bahamas and play those teams. So wouldn't shock me at all if we see a very more head state like performance where they're able to get into what they want to do and they just kind of overtime build a big lead and win it without much trouble at all. And that would be a fine result, because again, what I've accepted is that in order to kind of feel, in order to get any indication, if the ten day break, and I'm sure they work their tail off, and I know that Pat Kelsey's the kind of coach that will utilized that type of a setback and get better from it. In all as, and I think the guys on this team As far as the personnel, the mature guys you had that you have that played a lot of college basketball, I would imagine they probably have a good mindset because you know, they were humbled. I'm sure they didn't expect to go out there and lose to Tennessee that the way they did. So these two games in between Tennessee and the Bahamas, there's there's opportunity there to get better. But I've just accepted that. As far as me being able to figure out if they really are going to be able to compete better against teams like Tennessee, you won't find that out until next week when they are in when they're in the Bahamas. So I also, you know, I make I'm curious to see if if coach Davenport does want to slow it down, you know one, even though clearly he's more familiar with Louisville I would imagine than a lot of other teams out there, just because of you know, him being a Louisville guy. I mean, I'm not saying he's he's he's watching games like a fan like like all of us, and not coaching his team and scouting their opponents. But you know, take a little bit out of it. I know coach Davenport is really good at scouting opponents and being prepared and knowing what your opponent's about to do out there. So maybe that does give you some opportunities to run some half court sets because they're able to kind of keep you from doing what you want to do. I mean that, you know, I guess that wouldn't be ideal, but then again, it would give you opportunities to work on some stuff in the half court to where because I can already tell now like one thing that fans are just gonna start complaining about. I'm not even really being critical of fans, because like I get it. I would just encourage you to accept it and understand that that's what they're going to do. But like it started, even in the exhibitions, while we're shooting so many threes, well we keep jacking it up. Well that's what they want to do. And that's not to say that some of these shots are are not bad shots, because clearly some of them probably are shots that you know, Pat Kelsey wishes they would have had a little more movement, maybe a couple more passes within the possession to get a better look. But they got the green light. They want as many possessions as possible. They're going to space it out. Sometimes they're going to have five guys out on the floor and that's going to lead to a lot of three point shots every single night. And sometimes they're going to shoot it well and sometimes they're not. Now, they didn't shoot it well against Tennessee, we know that. But they didn't shoot it well against Morehead State either. I mean, it wasn't as bad, but it wasn't great. But you know what, it didn't matter because they were able to get into their style and they forced a ton of turnovers. It's, by the way, they've only played two games, so maybe this number is a little bit skewed, which it is. It's almost meaningless considering you only have two results to get these numbers from. But Louisville right now forces more turnovers than anybody in the country. So you know what that does is if you have an off shooting night and you're able to turn your teams over and play fast, you can potentially put up a lot of fast break points. That's why you probably didn't notice that they shot it as poorly as they did against Morehead State because they were able to turn all of Morehead State's turnovers into I think it was thirty one points off turnovers. So that's the recipe that you wont I think that Morehead stay game is to a t the way he wants his teams to play maybe a little bit better on the backboard. Clearly, I think he wants them to make more the reason they did, and he knows that they can. But as far as stylistically, that is what they want to do. But you're clearly not going to be able to do that against certain teams. And again we won't be able to see how they I want to say get better, but like I mean, I want to see a different plan. Not to say you abandon who you are and you try to create a new identity. That wouldn't make any sense, but you got to be able to go to something different whenever you have kind of lost the battle as far as the style of play. All right, let's do this. Let's get to a quick break. We'll come back on the other side. Talk a little bit about the college football playoff rankings. We're gonna get an update tonight. And if you're somebody that's annoyed by all the chatter about these rankings that don't matter, because the only ones that are going to matter are the ones at the end of the year, and it's all going to play itself out. You're not wrong, and I've got some evidence that really shows you how wild these next two weeks are going to be because there's so many teams that technically are still alive right now, but a lot of them play each other to where in the next week, I mean, it's going to be you're going to be eliminating a lot of teams. So we'll get into that. And I don't know which side to take, the SEC side of the Big ten side, because you know, the SEC is just out there acting like, come on, you can't tell me that these these Big ten teams like Penn State and Indiana are better than Georgia and Alabama. And I kind of agree with the SEC side of it. But the end of the day, it's not about who you believe is better. It's about what you did to give yourself the opportunity to go play for a college football national championship, like you think. People debated if Northern Illinois was good enough to beat Notre Dame. No, because nobody thought it would happen, but it did, so I mean, I don't really want to defend the SEC, but I kind of feel like that I have to. But then again, I find myself thinking, Okay, well the SEC shouldn't keep getting the benefit of the doubt, and they should play none like they should play non league games too, by the way, So we'll finish strong and last but not least, I want you to hear Cali Perry because if you're a Kentucky fan, you may not have any feeling on this, but I know there's some Kentucky fans that might like to hear that he's having to get on the microphone and beg Arkansas fans to give away their tickets if they purchase them, and they're not going to come because that's how bad attendance has been for them. And I think there's one specific reason why that's the case, and I don't hear anybody else talking about it. So we'll get to that as well. So stick around. We'll finish strong here in these next thirty five minutes or so right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Now back to coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. That's right, we're back here coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety four our five o'clockers. We did discuss the news yesterday and there's really not a whole lot to add to it. But it wasn't something I was ignoring by any means. The arrest for Louisville football player Teon Holloway, charged with felony strangulation, strangulation and misdemeanor domestic assault. He was trying to smoke marijuana at about nine pm in an apartment with a woman. She apparently tried to stop him from doing that, and he allegedly threw the woman off the bed, struck her in the face with his fists. When she tried to fight back, he allegedly put a pillow over her face, smothering her for about ten seconds before attempting to throw her out of the room. That's all according to the police report. So terrible look for everybody involved. I don't think that this is a a I don't think this is reflective of the program as far as the culture and what Jeff Brahm has here. I think this is an isolated incident, and I think it will be an isolated thing. And as far as you know how this plays out for Holloway, you know he'll be fighting this in court and we'll see. You know, he's obviously entitled to the process that everybody is. But to have that happen and him be the guy that is in the news for a terrible reason. He's also somebody that you know had a I mean, back to back days for him were probably days he'd like to do over one for a clearly much more serious and real life awful thing than committing a penalty. But I know I'm not the only one that saw the news that it was that a louisvill football player was arrested and saw the name and thought, wait a second, isn't that Yeah, it is. It's the same guy who committed the penalty there towards the end of the game, the unsportsmanlike conduct for a sideline shove fifteen yard penalty that moves Stanford closer of course, for them to break our hearts. So I would imagine that. And by the way, I guess another thing to update those of you that have not seen the statement from Louisville, they did mention that they're aware of it. They're they're monitoring the situation, getting more info. But until further notice, Tayon Holloway has been suspended indefinitely from all team activities. All right, let's get to the college football playoff rankings. I really don't have any. I mean, I would imagine that tonight you're going to see the top five stay exactly where it is. Indiana's probably going to move up with BYU losing to Kansas. I'm sorry, Notre Dame is probably going to move up with BYU losing to Kansas. I would imagine Miami maybe they can move up because of some other losses that took place in this late in the process. Because here's my thoughts on it. I think initially the first few weeks should get these rankings. You're really just kind of seeing, you know, the first look at what the committee thinks of you and your conference, that kind of stuff. But when you're this late in the year and there's twelve teams that get in and a lot of these teams that are fighting for spots are going to play each other either in the regular season or in the conference championship, like you kind of know that there's going to be the games where you figure out. It's not a matter of what the committee decides to do. Now, there may be others. I mean, that's not to say that every that all twelve spots are going to be worked out for themselves. There may be a couple of teams that get in, and it's gonna be a tough decision for the committee and that will be get your popcorn ready entertaining, because they're just gonna have to pick one and use and trust their judgment and not rely on metrics and numbers and not rely on because again, if they did that, like if they were just going to rely on numbers and results with a little bit of you know, an eye test component, then you'd have a lot of teams that we know are gonna make it be left out. Like right now, like Texas. Texas is nine and one. Texas lost at home to Georgia quality loss. If they don't beat Texas A and M this weekend, they should be removed from the top twenty five of the college Football Playoff rankings because they will have no when we're speaking of they won't be and I don't think the committee would put them in, but they might. You never know. They're at number three right now? How can you justify Texas at three when their best win is Vanderbilt when you have other teams that also have just one loss, like YU. I mean SMU at fourteen. I think they're ranked better, They've got a better resume than Texas, But nobody would tell you that Texas isn't better than SMU because just just just be honest with us, Like you're basing it off of brand reputation and perceived benefit of the doubt. And I think some people are admitting that, but they're doing it selectively right like who was it might have been? Let me see if I can pull this up here. I think, yeah, this is this is this is Ryan Rosillo because I hear him and I don't necessarily disagree. But you know, like there's all kinds of games and results in sports over the years that going in you would have never said that these team teams should be able to play because you know one's way better than the other, and then you get an upset like that that's what and that what makes sports great? Like why play a regular season if you're going to have such a factor in deciding who gets to play in the playoff based off of what you believe in, what you've seen over time, rather than just direct results in one season. Here's Todd McShay and Ryan Rousseilo yesterday on the FanDuel TV network. I have Georgia ranked ahead of Indiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got no problem with it. I sent a text to our team yesterday like, how in the hell, like, in what world is Penn State in Indiana better than Georgia all Miss Alabama, Tennessee. I just don't see it. They're just not I get it, like your resumes and records and all that stuff, but they're just not.
Speaker 1: So I take a little bit of an issue with the with with with how he was so definitive, because again, you know how many teams have won in the postseason and the NAA Tournament in a best of three series or best you know, like, like how many times have you seen somebody win and move on in a postseason or win a championship? And you know that if they played the same team they beat ten times, they probably don't win another game like that? Sports, it's sports. What are we doing now? A playoff that didn't feature any of these teams he's referencing. I also feel like, yeah, that's that because because look, I'm willing to acknowledge that you are just going to have to to just guess there's not there's no way to like let it let it play itself out, because I mean, it's just impossible with the way you've got only twelve regular season games, you've got a bunch of conferences that have now expanded when there's no division like this is probably gonna be pretty routine where you end up with situations like this, right, a bunch of one loss of potentially two loss teams in other leagues, and you're just gonna have to, you know, let a certain part of the twelve team playoff play itself out and see who gets in. But then the committee's just gonna have to tell us who they think is better, and we're just gonna have to accept it. Like last year, you could have made the case that an SEC team didn't get in, but I couldn't tell you that I think that the SEC being left out of the playoff would would make any sense because it just seems unheard of, right because the SEC is the best league. But if there's not ever a statement made that you can't just live off that, then then forever you're gonna get. I mean, maybe I don't think that the SEC is scared of playing some of these teams, but like, go play nine games to remove more of the doubt that like you are in fact the best league and you'd have less teams in a situation like Texas that hasn't beaten anybody in your league we're talking about and they're at number three in the playoff rankings. You know why based off of last year only and you know their brand, Like, just tell us that the only justification that you can make for Texas being number three is because of what you think of them, not because of what they've done, and what you think of them is based off what last year they broke through with Tom Herman and made the four team playoff. I meant to say, Sorr, Tom Herman just got fired at FAU. Apologies, So like, I don't think that's crazy, but just tell us that that way, there's a little bit more of an understanding. But you know what else can be done when it comes to last year, and this is where it just gets it gets you're talking not even a year ago. You're talking benefit of that out history historically, you know, Indiana beat this year pretty badly. The two teams that played for the National Championship Game a year ago they getting Are they getting credit for that? Because Texas is getting credit for making the playoff last year? Should Indiana get credit for beating the two teams Michigan and Washington and really bully them. Should they get credit for that too? Like you know, it's it's so again. I find it actually pretty entertaining just to see all these different like, oh wow, like they're gonna get in, but man, they didn't earn it, and it's easy to just get you know, to sit back and get into it without really any dog in the fight because obviously Louisville is not gonna get in, and obviously the ACC. I can't sit there and tell you that I believe that league is as good as the SEC or the Big Ten. And you know what I believe is that the SEC is substantially better. Like what he's saying about Georgia, Ole, Miss Alabama and Tennessee, I do believe they're better than Penn State in Indiana. But I'm also willing to tell you that should matter. It should be about what you do. I mean, let's just restart the twelve team playoff over again if the team that's ranked number one didn't win it. Because you can't tell me they're not better. You can't tell me that. You can't you can't well, I mean, I can tell you. Whatever results are results, And unfortunately, with a twelve team playoff and a twelve game regular season in college football, you're just gonna have results that that lead to this. And it's kind of chaotic and it's kind of fun from the outside looking in. But man, I mean, I know Indiana fans are real worried about losing to Ohio State and it and them not getting in. So I don't really think there's gonna be a whole lot of shake up tonight where you're like, wow, can you believe they did that? In fact, I shouldn't have lied to you. I'm sure you'll find it if you go look for it. Meaning teams that feel like, for whatever reason, this is the week where the committee really screwed them and they don't feel like it's justified like that. That's certainly something that I could see, you know, playing out by the way real quick. I'm gonna run through these games that you have over these next couple of weeks because these are the most consequential games for the rest of the season that will determine the playoff. Obviously, Ohio State in Indiana. I mean, if Indiana wins this, they're in and Ohio State, their season is essentially I mean not over, but for Ohio State and what you paid for that roster and what you paid to go bring in chip Kelly, Like, yeah, I mean, it may be over for those guys too. Notre Dame in Army. Notre Dame is still alive, and if they beat Army, they'll be beating an undefeated Army that's nine to zero. Now a loss from it's crazy. A loss would give them a quality loss, but like not your typical quality loss. And I mean I have Notre Dame. I'm sure it'll be discussed. But they benefited from losing to Northern Illinois and not being in a conference this year because they can just run the table and you know, pick up a couple of quality wins and they're able to you know, not even get into the back and forth about who's the best in a certain league because they're not in a league. Florida and Ole Miss, Now that's obviously a big time matchup for ole Miss who wants to keep their playoff hopes alive. Florida's five and five and they did just beat LSU, so a loss for ole Miss here would eliminate them for sure. And in fact, you know, they got to win out in order to even have a chance. But Billy Dapier, I mean, let's be real, Lan Kiffin was the name everybody said was going to be taking his job when he got fired, or at least that was the hope from Florida fans, So it be quite the spoiler for billiy Napier if he could pull off that big upset. I don't predict it happens. And then Virginia plays SMU. That's not a big game in the grand scheme of things, SMU should be able to take care of business. But obviously SMU, they were one loss they had to BYU took a little bit a little bit of a hit with BYU losing to Kansas, so they probably need to win and win big in order to keep hope alive for them. Arizona State and BYU. Arizona State has been one of the best stories in college football, by the way, four and a half wins was the total on the over under, and now here they are eight and two and BYU, you know, again they're coming off a loss that clearly changes some things for them. A win for BYU keeps them alive. A loss would certainly end the chances of them being able to to get in, at least I would assume, although again what I keep doing is not remembering, and I remember, I just don't take any if you win your league in when like when you're conference championship, you're in regardless. So I guess what it comes down to is have you eliminated yourself from playing for your league championship because if you're still alive, even like there's some teams that will probably make it to where they got to win their league to get in. There's some teams that the only hope is to win their league in order to get in, and if they lose one of these games in the next couple of weeks, obviously that changes their ability to do that. So I think that's probably it as far as well Clemson in South Carolina that one, of course we played at the end of the year. South Carolina is not going to make the playoff, but they are a dangerous team, no doubt, and a win over Clemson would mean that the only way Clemson could get in was to win the ACC Championship, which they might do Tennessee eight and two. They obviously are a two loss team hoping that things work out their way, but a loss to Vandy woul obviously eminate that. So you know, there's no perfect way to do it. And I think what it's going to come down to this year is just everybody talking about, all right, who do you think is better? I mean, the SEC are the Big ten, and I believe that the SEC is better. But I also don't think that that, you know, that should be the way to go about it. Like if you lost two games and you only play an eight le eight game league schedule and you're playing the Citadel and you know, Popcorn State in Week nine, Like, no, I don't think you should get the benefit of the doubt. And if it was based off of like who you just think is better, that's not how this works, man, That's not how sports works. You know, many teams win every night in any sport across the globe that you know, if they play more often than not, they're not better than the opponent they just beat. I mean, this thing has become such a and I love it. It's it's created so much conversation and so much more inclusion in the college football world. But it also it's it's it's pretty easy to see how this is going to play out. And I don't mean like who gets in, but like every year this is going to be the same type of scenario. I think