Speaker 1: I could just let this play all morning long. I knew it was coming, but it still sounds awesome. Little Van Hallen on a Monday morning.
Speaker 2: I my night.
Speaker 3: To morrow and good morning.
Speaker 1: It's Stan Carrell in for Brian Thomas, Joe Strecker rolling out the Van Hallen.
Speaker 3: You gotta love it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It's been a while since I've been here behind this microphone in the studio and I look around and I see that nothing has changed. Well, there there's a there's a few more pieces of I'm just the things in boxes, and uh, there's there's an old clock radio in the corner. Stuff like that is lying around. But the camera that used to be in here is I don't it's not. That's not hooked up anymore. There are still one, two, three, four, five giant TVs in here. Not a single one of them works. And yeah, you're you're in this studio. It is, Joey.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sitting in the studio.
Speaker 1: It is like I am totally isolated from the outside world. The only window I have to the outside world is a computer I have in front of me, and thank God for that.
Speaker 3: It works quite well.
Speaker 1: But now my pleasure to be here and sitting in for Brian Thomas and talking to the great and loyal and outstanding audience, a fifty five KRC and Brian Thomas. I think Brian's back tomorrow. We have we have a big day. This is going to be a big day today. It's in the seven o'clock hour. Congressman brad winstrip is going to be here. And brad Winstrop has been as you know he is. This is it for him, this is his last go around. He decided not to run for re election. And just recently, I want to say it was Thursday or Friday last week, maybe Tuesday, I don't know. It was one day last week that his Select Subcommittee on the coronavirus pandemic wrapped up its two year investigation and they have put out a report that is over five hundred pages long. And I was scrolling through this report over the weekend and writing down a lot of questions that I have for the congressman. But as you look at this, it is absolutely amazing. I mean, there are so many elements to this whole thing and the Wuhan virus and what happened and what government did and what government didn't do what Fauci did, and and all the rest of it, and every single one of these elements, the money that was spent, the money that was wasted, the money that was that was stolen, every single one of these things is an absolute scandal on its own. And and when you look at what happened during this period of time, you've got scandal on top of scandal on top of scandal, just one piled up after the other, and so much unconstitutional activity. And the thing is when you when you read about it and when you look at it, people like Brian Thomas were calling it out in real time. There there are some show hosts down the hall that we're calling it out in real time on this station.
Speaker 3: And some of.
Speaker 1: The some of the network hosts were called it out in real time. So the things that are revealed and talked about in this report to this audience, to people who pay attention are really, I don't want to say they're nothing new. I mean, and it's I think it's important that we have and accounting like this of how things really happen. But we saw all this happen in real time, and yet nothing was done about it. It was all allowed to happen as if that's just the way we do business now. And so we are going to talk to brad Winstrop about that and the thing my first question is, well, one of my first questions to him is going to be that when committees like this get formed, when these sort of investigations take place, when it comes to the federal government, far too often the outcome is predetermined. How often do we hear.
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: Was like, well, I can think of several examples, but one is the impeachment inquiry. Okay, when Republicans started the impeachment inquiry into Joe Biden, you had all the Democrats who were objecting to this because they were already jumping ahead to the end. Well, you don't have the votes to impeach. Yeah, yeah, you're never going to impeach. The Senate's never going to convict him in a trial in the Senate. This is a waste of time. Why even bother to do it? Well, you bother to do it because the investigation is worthwhile. And when you look at the report that came out, what was it a month or so ago about all that? Maybe it was more than a month ago, but it was a while ago. I lose track of time. I mean, there's so there's so much water that goes under the bridge, and when I'm looking at this stuff on a daily basis, it feels like it was about a month ago.
Speaker 3: It might have been more.
Speaker 1: In any case, the report came out talking about all the things that the Biden.
Speaker 3: Crime family had done.
Speaker 1: When you talk about Hunter Biden, when you talk about all the companies that they formed, all the money, the millions of dollars that was going from Ukraine, from Uzbekistan, from China into the Biden family, all that stuff. And again that's just one aspect of what by was up to and the impeachment inquiry. So it's my way of thinking, it's important to do these investigations to look at it. But you have Democrats jumping ahead saying, no, why even bother, it's a waste of time. No, it's not a waste of time. I never thought Joe Biden was going to be impeached. Obviously, that was never going to happen. But that's not what matters. Having the information on record for historical purposes, I suppose, So my way of thinking, that's what's important, and maybe someday there'll be a prosecution.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 1: And it's funny Barack Obama's out there over the weekend given a speech.
Speaker 3: I mean, that guy is.
Speaker 1: It is amazing to see how much juice that guy has lost. And I think it's all thanks to the Trumpster. But getting back to Brad Weinster, so so many times when committees like this or formed, investigations are done, the people who were on the committee, like the January sixth committee, right when that committee formed, it had one purpose in mind, and that was to blame Donald Trump for what happened on January sixth. And I have to admit when Liz Cheney, and when Liz Cheney was the co chair of that committee, I held out a little bit of hope because for a long time Liz Cheney was not really a leader in the conservative movement, but a person who who seemed at least somewhat reasonable when it came to talking about and furthering the conservative cause. Now, of course, she's a Bush Republican. Her dad was his vice president. Dick Cheney got a lot of I had a lot of respect for Dick Cheney. I think that guy is. I think his mind is going the same way as Joe Biden's is so Dick Cheney's not as sharp as he used to be, and I think she takes a lot of her advice from her dad. But I held out hope that she would once she started seeing the truth of some of these matters, she would stand up and say, you know, call the balls and strikes when it came to what really happened on January sixth. But no, she was hell bent on blaming Trump. So that was their end goal. That's where they wanted to go from the very beginning. I don't think that this committee had that mindset going into this. So I'll talk to Brad Winster about that. In the seven o'clock hour, he'll be here in studio and we'll spend the whole hour with him. So I am really looking forward to that happening a little bit later today. And then Chris Smitherman will be here in the eight o'clock hour. I know you're thinking to yourself, well, seven thirty, that's Chris Smithment time, that's a smith event. Chris Smithervent has graciously agreed to move to the eight o'clock hour, so we will have Chris Smithman then. So that is what is going to happen on the show a little bit later on. But we got to get to a break here and we'll do a little weather. I think Chuck is in today. It is raining outside, and so we'll talk about that as we roll on. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas on this beautiful Monday morning on fifty five KRCV Talk stage.
Speaker 5: I got thinking.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking, giving you the tools to make up your own mind and think for yourself. You don't have to be in this group block the news. The issues, go with the flow, and the place to talk about it A fifty five KRC the talk station I Heart Radio is your number, fifty five KR and the talk station five nineteen. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. I gotta write the phone number down again. Let's see if I can remember off the top of my head. Five one three seven one.
Speaker 1: Seven nine. I better write this down. What is it again, Joe seven fifty five hundred. It has been so long since I it has been months since I have been been here on the morning show. And I saw I sent a text to Joe, I don't know, three or four weeks ago. I said, hey, man, I said, you know, one of these times when Brian Thomas takes off, I'm available.
Speaker 3: And so here I am.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hear a lot about the fourteenth Amendment, I think in the news today and the next couple of days. Why well, because Donald Trump had a little sit down on NBC and the interview with Kristen Welker ran on Meet the Press. I think she recorded it when Trump was in France for the reopening of the Notere Dame Cathedral, and I think they had a little sit down and the interview ran on Meet the Press. I did not watch it. I'm kicking I was kicking myself yesterday. I planned to watch it because it's part of my job, but I enjoy watching those sorts of things. But I have to be honest, did not watch the entire interview. Read about it. I've got a ton of clips here from it. And one of the things we're going to be hearing about is the fourteenth Amendment. Why Why?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Because Kristin Walker, according to Mike Lee, misrepresented what the fourteenth Amendment is all about. And let's see, I know I had this right in front of me. Senator Mike Lee took NBC News to task for the selectively omitting a key part of the Fourteenth Amendment, and a question about birthright citizenship during an interview with President Donald Trump on Sunday, Trump was asked about a number of changes he intends to implement once he assumes office during a sit down release on NBC's Meet the Press, including his planned and birthright citizenship. Under the fourteenth Amendment, someone born in the US's granted citizenship regardless of whether their parents are citizens. That is not exactly true, but Kristin Welker went a step further, saying, the fourteenth Amendment states that all persons in the United States are citizens, and that is that is again, that is not true either. So let me let's see what I've got. I've got a lot of cuts here and Trump, I think Trump was was terrific in this interview. Was the first time he's done to sit down since the since the election. Let's see. Let's see, let's just start with cut number one. Joe and this is uh, towards the beginning of the interview, and Kristen Welker got off to a little bit of a rough start here.
Speaker 3: Cut one, Sir, I.
Speaker 7: Don't have to tell you this because you've talked about it.
Speaker 8: It comes at a time when the country is deeply divided, and now you're going to be leading this country for the next four years for.
Speaker 7: The sake of unifying this country.
Speaker 8: Well, you concede the twenty twenty election and turn the page on that chapter.
Speaker 2: No, oh, why would I do that? But let me just tell you.
Speaker 4: When you say the country is deeply divided, I'm not the president.
Speaker 2: Kill Biden's de pressient, but.
Speaker 7: You're going to be the president.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not the president. So when you say it staply divided, I agree. But Biden's the president, I'm not. And he has been a divider and you know where he divided it more than anything else.
Speaker 2: And they're probably backfired on him.
Speaker 4: I think definitely his weaponization when he weaponized the Justice Department and he went after his political opponent. Me, He went after his political opponent violently because he knew he couldn't beat him. And I think it really was a bad thing and it really divided our country.
Speaker 8: So Democrats have control of the White House now they didn't in twenty twenty. If they are going around stealing elections more.
Speaker 2: When you say Democrats have control.
Speaker 8: Now of the White House, yeah, so why didn't they steal this election since they have more power now?
Speaker 4: Because I think it was too big to rig. I love that, So you won't too big to rig.
Speaker 8: To the people who say that, you're now directing.
Speaker 7: Your Justice Department to investigate.
Speaker 8: Twenty four they want to move is going to be great resources to do.
Speaker 2: I have the right to do that, but I'm not interested in that. You're not.
Speaker 9: You're not.
Speaker 2: I'm not interested. I have the absolute right. I'm the chief law enforcement officer. You do know that. I'm the president, I'm the But I'm not interested in that.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm interested in drilling and getting prices down and stopping people from pouring into our border that come from prisons.
Speaker 2: And mental institutions.
Speaker 1: So that is fantastic right there. I'm not interested in that now, Pam BONDI might be interested in that. Some of the other people I bring into the cabinet, they might be interested in that.
Speaker 3: I'll let them do their own business.
Speaker 1: You know, cash, buttell at the FBI, yeah, he might be interested in that. I'll leave that to them. I've got a drill. I've got to get prices down. We got to get the economy going again. That is what Trump is talking about. And they are in people like Kristin Welker and the left, they are so hell bent on making sure that Trump talks about And again, how many times have we heard that Trump doesn't want to let go of the twenty twenty election whenever and this was true during the campaign. The only time he talked about it is when he's asked about it, and he's asked about it constantly, and that was one of the first things that she talked about. What about the twenty twenty election is? I mean, we're way past that. That is in the rear view mirror now. If people are going to throw it up to him and ask him about it, well they have them.
Speaker 3: He's going to talk about unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not unbelievad it's par for the course. But we got a whole bunch more of the Trump audio from yesterday, so we were rolling that out during the course, and then we will compare that in contrast with some of the things that Joe Biden had to say about Syria. But we got to get to a break, so we will do that now as we roll on till nine o'clock this morning. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas fifty five k r c V talk station.
Speaker 3: What's up everybody ever see the talk station Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas this morning.
Speaker 1: And I was talking earlier about how we're gonna hear a lot about the fourteenth Amendment. I think during the course of the the news day today it probably ensoed tomorrow as well. And I was looking at the roster that I have with the sound bites that I pulled from this and the one SoundBite that I don't have is Trump talking about uh families being deported.
Speaker 3: And she was talking about, well, what about the families.
Speaker 1: They're so concerned and Trump knows what's coming and he and he said right to her, he said, look, we're going to see the video of the moms crying, the families that are that are huddled together, and and he said, and she talked about, you know, family separation. Oh, it's going to be so horrible, and it's going to be so terrible when these deportations start. And Trump said what Tom Homan said a few weeks ago, they can be deported together. In fact, the Biden administration is doing it and has been doing it the entire time, not to the degree that Trump will do it, but they've been doing it. And when we talked about the fourteenth Amendment, I was reminded of a piece that Ann Coulter wrote years ago. Actually, if this piece is from back in twenty ten, and she talks about the fourteenth Amendment, and she talks about Justice Brennan's footnote gave us anchor babies and Democrats. And it's funny because this piece is from nineteen or I'm sorry, twenty ten, so it's fourteen years ago, and the issue is still as relevant today as it was at that time. And and Culture writes, Democrats act as if the right to run across the border when you are eight months pregnant, give birth in a US hospital, and then immediately start collecting welfare was exactly what our forebears had in mind, a sacred constitutional right as old as the Fourteenth Amendment itself. The louder liberals talk about some ancient constitutional right, the sure you should be that it was invented in the last few decades. In fact, this ledge right derives only from a footnote slide slyly slipped into a Supreme Court opinion by Justice Brennan in nineteen eighty two. You might say it snuck in when no one was looking, and now we have to let it stay.
Speaker 3: The Fourteenth Amendment was added after the Civil.
Speaker 1: War in order to overrule the Supreme Court's dread Scott decision, which had held that black slaves were not citizens of the United States. The precise purpose of the amendment was to stop sleazy Southern states from denying citizenship rights to newly freed slaves, many of whom had roots in this country longer than a lot of white people.
Speaker 3: The amendment guarantee.
Speaker 1: That free slaves would have had all the privileges of citizenship by providing all persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States and the state wherein they resigned. The drafters of the Fourteenth Amendment had no intention of conferring citizenship on children of aliens who happened to be born in the US, inasmuch as Americans or America was not the massive welfare state operating as a magnet form aligners, frauds and cheats that it is today. It's amazing the drafters even considered the amendments effect on the children of aliens what they did. The very author of the citizenship clause, Senator Jacob Howard of Michigan, expressly said this will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners. Aliens who belonged to the families of ambassadors are foreign ministers. In eighteen eighty four, a case called Elk versus Wilkins, a Supreme Court ruled the Fourteenth Amendment did not even confer citizenship on Indians because they're subject to tribal jurisdiction, not US jurisdiction. For one hundred years, that's how it stood, with only one case. Adding to the caveat, the children born to legal permanent residents of the US gainfully employed who were not employed by a foreign government would also be deemed citizens under the fourteenth Amendment, and then out of the blue.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 1: Justice Brennan slipped a footnote into his five to four opinion in Pliler versus Doe, asserting that no plausible distinction with respect to the Fourteenth Amendment jurisdiction can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful. Bretan's authority for this lunatic statement was that it appeared in a nineteen twelve book written by Clement L. Bove Both was not a senator, not an elected official, not a judge, just some guy who wrote a book. So on one hand, we have the history, the objective, the author's intent, and one hundred years of history of the fourteenth Amendment which says the Fourteenth Amendment does not confer citizenship on children born to illegal immigrants. On the other hand, we have a random outburst by some guy named Clement, whom I'm guessing was too cheap to hire an American housekeeper. So and Culter explains how we got to the point where we have the notion that if you're an illegal alien in the country and you give birth to a child, that somehow that child is a citizen too, also known as anchor babies. And Trump wants to bring an end to that and all the horror, all the horror that is going to follow, and we'll be hearing a ton about that in the week ahead. Five point thirty five. We got to get to a break. Dan Kell for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC. The talk stays it's the marketers reporting fifty five hundred, Is that right, Joe, all right? I got it right, five three seven, fifty five hundred. That is the number if you want to check in this morning. Probably the best story of the day is that Dave Parker has been elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame, and congratulations to him. Cincinnati navid native, former Red Star selected Sunday to the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Former outfeater was elected through the Classic base Ball Era Committee ballot, according to Mike Dyer, and that is just that that's probably the best news of the day. When you talk about local news, the other local news sort of goes like this twenty year old woman is dead after shooting overnight in Mount Airy. Cincinnati police said, I believe this was Saturday and a Sunday. Police arrived in the forty nine hundred block of Trail Ridge Road just before twelve thirty in the morning. An unresponsive person was in the road. Upon arrival, police found Laina or Lanya Dawson on the road with a gunshot wound, treated by first responders and then determined that she was deceased. So three five to two thirty five forty two. That's the homage idea in it. Three five thirty forty is crime Stoppers if you have any information about that, or if you have any information about a shooting in the west End. A twenty nine year old man hospitalized Sunday after a shooting in the west End eleven hundred block of Lynn Street, four o'clock in the afternoon. This person is in stable condition three five two forty if you have any information on that? What else do we have? In Westchester? Westchester Township? I believe that is Butler County, Ohio man is dead shot by a resident when breaking into his Westchester apartment. Police went to the apartment complex on Shawnee Lane early Sunday morning. Officers found a man who lived in one of the apartments, heard noises on the balcony, and he found and shot a man who had broken into his home. The intruder has not been identified, taken to the hospital with life threatening injuries. The shooting is under investigation. I would imagine, though, that if this narrative is true, that individual is unlikely to face charges. You're break into someone's home, you have to expect that sort of thing, unless it's Hamilton. Hamilton County. As we know, Joe Strucker is a different story. Oh man, it's not funny. I shouldn't I shouldn't be laughing. I mean, I mean, I mean that, you know, the situation that we have with judges here in Hamilton County is it's despicable. I mean, it really is restorative justice? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of the I've read so many stories recently about restorative justice.
Speaker 3: That the prosecutor I was That's it.
Speaker 1: I was on I was over on seven hundred over the weekend doing a show there, and I was talking about the prosecutor, not Alvin Bragg, but the uh, the prosecutor who's actually trying the case against Penny in New York. And that trial resumes today after the jury has been sent home. That jury's not sequestered. You know that that.
Speaker 3: Jury goes home. I guess they go home.
Speaker 1: They're free to look at the internet, they're free to look at the news, they do do whatever they want. But that jury comes back today to consider a lesser charge. But Daphne Yorn is this prosecutor's name, And there's audio an interview that she did some time ago talking about a murder case she had and it's all on video. An older gentleman was at an ATM. This thug comes up and robs the guy, shoves him to the ground. The eighty seven year old victim winds him dying. A clear cut case or murder, and then she says, but you know, once I took the time to look at at the background of the perpetrator, I felt sorry for him, so we dropped the charges. That's how these restorative justice people and these prosecutors.
Speaker 3: Spence justice.
Speaker 1: And with a new prosecutor coming into Hamilton County, you'll wonder if we are headed down the same road. Five forty five Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five krc DE Talxic.
Speaker 10: Running fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 1: Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. I wasn't sure if this was a song or a commercial. Joe, you heard that commercial that's using this song or rip off of this song. You never know anymore. All the classics are turning into commercials, you know. But ya these you know, the people that own the music, they're selling out, they're making money on it, and that's the name of that too. So that's just fine, somebody won the lottery over the weekend powerball jackpot two hundred and fifty six million dollars.
Speaker 3: Jill, you'd be good at that, wouldn't you. The ninth powerball jackpot of the year.
Speaker 1: One winning ticket sold in New York had all sat all six numbers one thirty one, forty three, fifty five, fifty seven. Darn and those were the numbers I was going to play too. Power Ball was twenty two. The lucky ticket holder has a choice between the prize of two hundred and fifty six million or a lump sum of one hundred and twenty three point five million, so just about half if you take the lump sum, that's before taxes, and you cut that close to and half again. So if you take the lump sum, you wind up with in the neighborhood of what sixty five million, maybe maybe seventy out of a two hundred and fifty six million dollar prize. I don't know which way would you go on that, Joe? Would you take take it over twenty years? Would you take the lump sum? Yeah, because at this point in our life, you know, you win something like that, you spread it out over twenty years. You're pretty much guaranteed to never be broke over the rest of your life. So that's pretty good. Yeah, But sold in New York, and that's what you know. Every once in a while I'll buy those lottery tickets and my wife will say did we win?
Speaker 3: Did we win? Did we win?
Speaker 1: And I'll just all stuff them in you know, the glove compartment or a shovem and a drawer at home somewhere.
Speaker 3: Well, how do you know we.
Speaker 1: Didn't win if you didn't check it. I said, if we won, there would be an announcement on the news. Someone in Ohio won the jackpot. Then I would check my ticket, and every once in a while I'll take a stack of them and the old ones, and I'll put them under the scan. I did that a few days days ago. Was cleaning out some stuff in the car and had some old lottery tickets. Some of them had actually expired. I'm sticking them under the thing. Not a winner, not a winner, This one's expired. I gotta keep track of that bet a little bit better, all right. So congratulations to someone in New York that that won the powerball jackpot.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Let's let me see I got I've got some more Trump audio here. Let's talk about Chris and I again. Kristen Welker just you know, she's been down this road. This is not the first time she's interviewed Trump, and she she has not learned her lesson that trying to get this guy in a corner, trying to make him tuck his tail or apologize for anything. She's not learned her lesson that that is not going to work with him. And it is so obvious that anytime you get a network big shot or someone who wants to be a network big shot, they're always trying to be the one who's going to stick at the Trump and it just doesn't work. He or she is talking about what's going to happen with the FBI, and Joe, let's your cut number six?
Speaker 8: Are you going to fire the current FBI director, Christopher Ray, who you appointed.
Speaker 4: Well, I can't say I'm thrilled with him. He invaded my home. I'm suing the country over it. He invaded mar A Lago. I'm very unhappy with the things he's done. And crime isn't an all time high. Migrants are pouring into the country that are from prisons and from mental institutions as we've discussed. I can't say I'm thrilled. I don't want to say. I don't want to again. I don't want to be Joe Biden and give you an answer and then do the exact oppas.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about. So I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 4: What I'm going to say is I certainly cannot be happy with him. You take a look at what's happened. And then when I was shot in the year he said, oh, maybe it was shrapped. Where's this shrepnel coming from? Is it coming from Is it coming from heaven? I don't think so. So we need somebody to straight You know, I have a lot of respect for the FBI, but the FBI's respect has gone way down over the last number of years.
Speaker 7: Don't you have to fire him in order to make room for.
Speaker 8: Cash Batel if he is in fact confirmed.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it would sort of seem pretty obvious that if Cash gets in, he's going to be taking somebody's place, right as somebody is the man that you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Kristen Walker. She's sharp, isn't she. Wouldn't you have to fire him? Hasn't Chris Ray already said that he's going to step down, hasn't he Maybe I'm mistaken about that, but he knows he you know, he knows that his time is numbered. When after January twentieth, he knows his days are numbered. And Cash Battell is going to be in there. And these Republican senators who are trying to stand in the way at Trump, I have no idea what they think they're doing. I have no idea how they can weigh the pros and cons of that and decide that trying to prevent Trump from getting his nominees in place is a good thing for them. I just don't know how they come to that conclusion. But well, I we'll talk more about that a whole lot more Trump and some Joe Biden sound bites from over the weekend. So a lot more to get to in the next hour. And it is my pleasure to be here, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest news and trending news events from around the world at the top end and bottom of the ally. This is fifty five KRC, the Talk Station. The Claremont County Veterans Service.
Speaker 1: I had just let that sink in a little bit of little Van Halen for you on a Monday morning.
Speaker 3: You know it's bad something. And good morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. My pleasure to be here. As always, Joe Strucker rolling out the Van Halen. I always appreciate Joe Strucker being here. And how are you doing this morning? Great morning out there, the rain is coming down. I got up early this morning and the dog came downstairs and dog, dog's looking at me.
Speaker 3: I want to go outside. I want to go outside.
Speaker 1: I opened the door and the dog sees his rain and he's looking at me like it's raining out there. I said, I know, get on out there. And he got out there and did what he did and then came back right back in. So it was the rain is coming down. Should lighten up a little bit around nine o'clock this morning, but yeah, to just get ready for and look, you know what it's like when it rains, I mean, and the rain is coming down pretty steady, so you know what it's like when you got to get out there, So just be ready for that this morning what is going on? What is going on? Been talking a lot about the Trump interview they did on NBC over the weekend, Meet the Press on Sunday. Syria has fallen. Rebel leaders have taken over Damascus. Ali Sad has flown to Russia. Apparently that was the story I heard overnight, and then Breitbart put this up. Look, I don't know a lot about the rebel forces that have taken over. The US apparently launched some strikes in Syria too. Did you know that, Joe, Did you know that over the weekend that we sent some B fifty two's in there. We sent some F fifteen fighters in there, seventy five strategic targets, all in the further iNTS of keeping ISIS from getting back together. I guess now that ASAD has gone, ISIS wants to rise up again in Syria. So the US had over seventy five targets in Syria. Trump pretty much wants to just stand back and stay away from it. But the United States military got involved in Syria over the weekend, hitting all kinds of all kinds of targets there. Joe Biden's ready to start shoveling money out the door and Joe Biden was talking about how he's promising to stay strong on this, and he also made this ridiculous statement, Joe Let's hear cut number nine. Joe Biden here cut number nine.
Speaker 11: You know, for years the main backers of ASSAD have been Iran, Hezbalah and Russia. But over the last week their support collapsed. All three of them, there's all three of them are far weaker today than they were when I took office.
Speaker 1: Iran has a lot in Russia are weaker today than when Joe Biden took office. Is there anyone listening to this right now that believes that is true? Under Joe Biden's policies, Iran has been able to earn billions of dollars selling oil. When the sanctions were put on Iran under Trump, the money they were able to earn from oil sales was a few million. Then it turned into billions, and that in turn allowed Iran to start subsidizing it's terrorists that they support in the Middle East and elsewhere. It's same thing with Russia. Through oil sales, Russia was able to build up its forces in order to and build up its financial wherewithal in order to conduct operations going into Ukraine. So the fact that that Asad in the civil war there has got to the point where it is now Joe Biden's trying to take credit for that. No, I think you can give Israel the credit for that. Israel took out. Let me see if I can find this, and Israel was what was all over Syria, and net Yahoo was talking about that, about the things that they did in Syria. Here's what Netanyahu said, historic day for the Middle East. Collapse of the Asid regime, the tyranny and Damascus offers great opportunity. This fraught with significant dangers. The collapse is a direct result of our forceful actions against Hesbellah and Iran. Assad's main supporters set off a chain reaction.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: As bright Bart News reported, the IDF moved into the demilitarized zone to the tourist Syrian rebels from attacking Israel's army. Radio also reported IDF troops took over the peak of Mount Herman on the Syrian side. So there was, yeah, a lot of and there was video of this that was out over the weekend of the attacks at Israel was carrying out on different areas of Syria and then this rebel leader that has taken over is an al Qaeda guy, Ahmad al Shara known as Muhammad al jaw Jawalami or I can't and I can't pronounce this other name.
Speaker 3: He's done by the.
Speaker 1: Leader of the Syrian rebels who OUs did Basar Ali Sade have taken over the country, still has a ten million dollar bounty on his head and is a wanted terrorist. So the State Department is offering a ten million dollar reward for this guy who is now in charge of Syria. Let's see. Let's see. The guy has carried out multiple terrorist attacks throughout Syria, offering target civilian targeting civilians in twenty fifteen, reportedly kidnapped and later released approximately three hundred Kurdish civilians at a checkpoint in Syria. So this guy has done just all kinds of despicable stuff. So yeah, so he uh, CNN managed to do an interview with this guy, I guess last week sometime undisclosed location in Syria. Isn't an amazing How CNN is so good at finding these terrorist leaders and doing these interviews with him, Absolutely amazing. CNN knows where he is, ten million dollar bounty on his head. Then they don't well, you know they've they've got Joe says it, don't drop a diamile on. Well, you know, CNN, they've got to have that journalistic integrity, right they Yeah, there, there's very high standards there. Otherwise how could they could they not get these interviews done. One of the things I saw, and I was scrolling through my x feet during the break, is a post from Laura Trump. And Laura Trump just did a fantastic job as co chair of the of the Republican Party, and she writes this, Serving as the GOP co chair throughout the course of the most consequential election in American history has truly been the honor of my life. At the RNC, we had three distinct goals. Number one, surpass all fundraising records. Number two, build the largest army of lawyers and poll watchers to ensure election integrity. Number three, turn out millions of Americans and low propensity voters during early voting. We accomplished all three. The job I came to do is now complete, and I intend to formally step down from the RNC at our next meeting. Thank you to our incredible team at the RNC. You are amazing, and of course thank you, President Trump. Proud of you, grateful you trusted me for this position. So Laura Trump, who went in as a co chair of the RNC, and at least by the way I see it, just did a great job and made sure that this election was going to go. And she did the job that I said that the RNC have been doing a long time ago. And so she's announcing that she is preparing to step down from the RNC. And what may be next maybe Senator from Florida, Marco Rubio will likely be the Secretary of State and there'll be an open seat, and if she became a senator, I think that would be a pretty good thing. Six fifteen Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC dot com run a business.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk Station, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 3: Then I mentioned brad Westrom's going to be here.
Speaker 1: In the seven o'clock hour, the Select, the Select Subcommittee on the coronavirus pandemic wrapped up. It's to your investigation and the report is out, and brad Winstrop was the chair of that and here's what he wrote to Congress about this. The COVID nineteen pandemic highlighted a distrust in leadership. Trust has earned accountability, transparency, honesty, and integrity will regain this trust. So he's trying to tell future Congresses and future governments how they need to go about their business. Transparency, honesty, accountability, integrity. We are in short supply of those things right now. A future pandemic requires a whole of American response managed by those without personal benefit or bias. We can always do better, and for the sake of future generations of Americans, we must it can be done.
Speaker 3: So he.
Speaker 1: Is not just looking at what happened with the Wuhan virus. He's looking ahead and essentially saying that these things that are laid out in the report simply cannot happen again. And it, I mean, it goes on and on and on. It talks about the funding, It talks about all the money that went out the door, talks about the failures of the NIH National Institutes of Health, talks about what Fauci did. And that's one of the things when he gets in here, I want to discuss what Fauci did, and it's I mean, it's a five hundred and twenty page report, and I think that there's probably a lot of dots in that report that if somebody wanted to go through and look at all this and look at what Fauci did, Joe, is is Fauci being looked at for for prosecution at all? Have you?
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 1: I think he deserves to be I don't know that that's happening, though, And I really I can't recall if there's been any talk about anyone in the Trump administration who was looking to do that. But but I think there's there's clear and convincing evidence that Fauci lied before Congress during the multiple times.
Speaker 3: That he that he testified.
Speaker 1: I mean, and then and then this report goes on they talk about doctor David Morens, Fauci senior advisor Morans deliberately obstructed the Seleptica Committee's investigation, likely lied to Congress on multiple occasions, unlawfully deleted federal COVID nineteen records.
Speaker 3: And that has.
Speaker 1: That has been happening a lot lately over the last several years, when you have people in positions and they're they're being investigated, and it looks like the walls are closing. In what happens well, records get deleted and this is this seems like this is part of the course. They talk about what New York did, led by Governor Kathy Hochel. New York obstructed in their investigation, redacted documents, offered numerous illegitimate privileged claims, withheld thousands of documents without an apparent legal basis to obstruct the Select Subcommittee's investigation into Governor Cuomo's pandemic era failures. And then I believe they've also recommended Andrew Cuomo for criminal investigation based on what he did with the nursing home situations there. Evinex suggests mister Cuomo knowingly and wilfully made false statements to the Select Committee on numerous occasions about material aspects of New York's COVID nineteen nursing home disaster and the ensuing cover up. The Select Committee referred mister Cuomo to the DOJ for criminal prosecution. And this is another element of this that was being called out in real time. The whole idea that you would send people to a nursing home and weren't we told, didn't we know early on that the elderly, those who have already compromised immune systems, those who were in failing health were the most vulnerable. And the notion that you're going to send people that we know to be infected with the wuhan are supposed to go to nursing homes. And wasn't there a giant ship that was sent to New York, one of the one of the Navies medical ships, floating hospital giant ship wasn't wasn't the idea to send people with who were infected with the wuhan to this ship for treatment seemed like a good idea to me. That way you know where all the wuhan people are. But that's not what they wound up doing. I mean, and so much of this stuff happened in New York sending people to nursing homes, and CUOMO has been referred to the j for criminal prosecution. So a lot of that stuff we will get into the next hour when brad Winstrip is here, and I encourage you to stick around for that.
Speaker 3: I am certainly looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Six fifty five kr V talk Stations fifty five krc DE talk station Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, get back to some of the audio cuts. Here, shall we let's see what here's uh, here's Joe Biden and whenever anything in the world happens, what's his for reaction. Well, let's spend some money on it.
Speaker 3: And here he is.
Speaker 1: I believe he did this on Sunday, talking about what's happening in Syria, and he's ready to start writing some checks cut number eleven.
Speaker 11: With a new constitution, new governor serves all Sirians. This process to be determined by the Syrian people themselves, right. The United States will do whatever we can to support them, including through humanitarian relief, to help restore Syria after more than a decade of war and generation to brutality.
Speaker 2: By this sod family.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, so what does that mean? We're ready to start spending money. That is fantastic, you know they Joe Biden already partner up with the Taliban in Afghanistan billions of dollars out the door there, And how's that working out? How's how's things especially for women in Afghanistan? How are things looking there? And he's ready to partner up with terror us once again in Syria. That is fantastic. And then he said something about I'm not exactly sure what he's saying in this cut. You you listen to it, and you tell me. This was part of what Joe Biden had to say about Syria yesterday, and Joe, let's here cut number ten.
Speaker 11: We will help stability resure stability in Eastern Syria, protecting any personnel our personnel against any threats, and will remain our mission against IS suppos be maintained, including the security of detention facilities where ISIS fighters are being held in.
Speaker 3: Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Speaker 1: So you tell me. I mean he got a little loss with a teleprompter there. God, it's gonna it really is time for this guy to go. Kristin Walker was talking with Donald Trump on Meet the Press on Sunday and she had a hard time understanding tariffs. And let's hear or we're gonna hear it. Let's hear two cuts here. First of all, cut number three, let's hear this one.
Speaker 8: Are you actually going to impose these tariffs or are they a negotiating tax?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll give you an example with Canada and in particular Mexico, we have millions of people pouring into our country, you agree with that. I spoke with the both I spoke with the Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 2: In fact, he flew to mar A Lago within.
Speaker 4: About fifteen seconds after the call, and he was at mar Lago.
Speaker 2: We're having dinner talking about it.
Speaker 4: I said, you have to close up your borders because they're coming in the northern border to a lot, not like the southern border, but they're coming in the Canadian border a lot. And drugs are pouring in almost as importantly, drugs are poring in, maybe more importantly, drugs are pouring in at levels never seen before, ten times what we had. They're just pouring in. We can't have open borders. And I said to the President of Mexico and to Justin Trudeau, if it doesn't stop, I'm going to put tariffs on your country at about twenty five percent.
Speaker 1: And then Trump went on to further explain what tariffs are used for cut number four thing to.
Speaker 2: Do with other things. Tariffs.
Speaker 4: I have stopped wars with tariffs by saying, you guys want to fight, it's great, but both of you are going to pay tariffs to the United States at one hundred percent. And they have many purposes tariffs if properly used. I don't say you use them like a madman. I say properly used. But it didn't cost this country anything. It made this country money. And we never really got the chance to go all out because we had to fight COVID in the last part and we did it very successfully.
Speaker 2: And when I handed it over to Biden.
Speaker 4: The stock market was higher than what it was just previous to COVID coming in was actually higher. Tariffs are a properly is are very powerful tool, not only economically but also for getting other things outside of economics.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good explanation of Trump and how he plans to use terraffs as a way to negotiate, as a way to get what he wants. And all we see is all these tariffs they're going to cost and it's going to mean what I saw. I've seen numbers anywhere between twenty five hundred and four ten thousand dollars a year more for the average American family because of these terriffs, not exactly, not exactly. So we'll see how it goes. But Trump is going to be very busy on day one, not just with terroriffs, with doing a whole bunch of other stuff. Here's Trump talking about day one cut number five.
Speaker 8: I understand that on day one you're going to be signing a flurry executive orders. Can you give me just what are the top ones people should know about?
Speaker 2: I don't will have to do with economics.
Speaker 4: A lot's going to have to do with energy, A lot's going to do with having to.
Speaker 2: Do with the border.
Speaker 4: We're going to immediately strengthen up the border and do a real job, and some of the basics.
Speaker 1: So the executive orders are going to come fast and furious on day one. And I'm telling you what I don't know about you, Joe, But January twenty, I can't get here fast enough. I look, we're going to have more pardons from Biden, more money going out the door from Biden. You got Barack Obama out there making speeches. The guy has lost all the juice that he used to have. Kamala Harris came out over the late last week and made a speech to a group, and she's in total obscurity.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I mean all that stuff, but it's good. I mean, when you're sitting behind this microphone, the way things are going right now, Normally, this period between Thanksgiving and Christmas in the New year is usually just dead for news. It's it's the most dreaded time of year. But with this guy around, with the Trumpster around, there's no shortage of stuff to talk about.
Speaker 3: You gotta love it.
Speaker 1: A little bit late for a break here, so let's go ahead and do that now. On fifty five KRC, the Talk stays this has.
Speaker 3: Been proving the Way Family.
Speaker 1: Six thirty nine On this Monday morning, Dan Carol for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 3: Joe. Brian's back tomorrow, is he not?
Speaker 5: He is?
Speaker 3: So that's good.
Speaker 1: But in the seven o'clock hour, be talking with brad Winstroup about his committee's work on well looking into the Wuhan virus. Nancy Mays got a visit from some cancer patients, at least they're staff did and transgender activists. They made a stop at Nancy Grace's office last week and apparently one of them told her staffer that sex based bathrooms are bad because cancer patients lose their hair.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that has to do. I guess this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, May said that these people came to my office yesterday, one of them told my staff it's bad to have sex based bathrooms because cancer patients lose their hair and can look like the wrong sex. I don't know why anyone losing their hair has anything to do with which bathroom you use, especially at the Capitol, since the Speaker has said that if you're if you're a man, you use the men's room, if you're a woman, you use the lady's room. It seems pretty cut and dried to me. But of course, the world we live in today, it's all very complicated. Five hundred is the is the number to call. Tim Walls did a little interview over the weekend, said that he's surprised that Americans rejected the positive message that him and Kamala Harris were offering. The the American people surprised that they lost, and the lesson learned from the humbling defeat seems very clear. He blames America for not understanding the campaign's positive message. Anyone want to tell me what that positive message was. Not exactly sure what he means by that, but that's you know, that's what he uh, That's what he did. That's his story and he's sticking with it. We had a positive message. I can't remember what it was, but it sure was positive. Christen Welker didn't think that doesn't think that Trump has a positive message. And so the themes that she hit on during the interview were the twenty twenty election, deporting families, and then going after his political opponents. And so I got a couple of cuts here on that one. And essentially Trump is saying, look, I've got bigger fish to fry if Pam Bondy gets in there as Attorney General, cash battel at FBI. He's essentially saying that they are going to do what they're going to do, which I think is a great thing. Trump should not get bogged down in all this stuff. He's got to leave that to the other people. He wants to go after the big ticket items. He wants to go after the economy, drill for oil, deportations, that sort of thing here he is talking about. He's going to the people that are going to be working for him, let them do that job. Cut number seven.
Speaker 4: If they think that somebody was dishonest, crookeet or corrupt politician.
Speaker 2: I think he probably has an obligation to do it.
Speaker 4: But are you going to direct him to do no, not at all, not at all. We have two great people that we have him and we have Pam. Pam Bondi has been like a rocket ship. So he's very popular and very good and very fair. And Cash Betel is very fair. I'll tell you. I thought Cash may be difficult because he's a strong conservative voice, and I don't know if anybody.
Speaker 2: That's not singing his praises.
Speaker 4: The other day I was watching and Trey Gowdy, who's a moderate person and very smart and very respected in the party.
Speaker 2: He's Cash's biggest fan.
Speaker 4: He said, this is the most misunderstood man in politics.
Speaker 2: He's great. I guess they work together on the Russia.
Speaker 1: Hoax or something, and I think Trump's right about that. I had a piece last week. I was looking at Cash Cash Bettel's resume, and I mean, this guy has done a lot of stuff when it comes to dealing with national security and different positions that he's held throughout his career. So I think this guy would be perfect and great at the FBI. But here's Kristen Welker just does not want to let these things go. She's worried about Trump seeking out and doing damage to his political opponents. And here's how Trump dealt with that kind.
Speaker 3: Number eight.
Speaker 4: I'm really looking to make our country successful. I'm not looking to go back into the past. I'm looking to make our country successful. Retribution will be through success. If we can make our success, is this country successful, that would be my greatest That would be such a great achievement.
Speaker 2: Bring it back.
Speaker 4: We have a country now that's overridden with crime, that has millions of people that shouldn't be here, that should be in prisons in other countries, that should be in mental institutions. We have drug lords being dropped into our country un told never go back to their country. I'm looking to make our country great. I'm looking to get bring prices down because you know, I want on two things, the border and more than immigration.
Speaker 2: You know they like to say immigration. I break it.
Speaker 4: Down more to the border. But I want on the border and I want on groceries. It's very simple word, groceries.
Speaker 1: Very simple word, groceries. Everybody's got to have groceries. And that's what it was about, gas prices and groceries. And Trump has not forgotten that. And I think that's a good thing. As this thing moves on down the tracks as fantastic. So the interview yesterday with Welker was fantastic. He put her in her place, held his line, and just shoved so much to this back in her face. So a big win for Trump. On Meet the Press six forty five. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC, the Talk station six fifty on this Monday morning, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. I've been teasing it all morning. The brad Winstrop is going to be here in the seven o'clock hour. But I should not be surprised that a military man is here early, showing up early.
Speaker 3: Here army time, brad oh, seven hundred. But you're here early, brad Winster. How are you? I'm doing all right.
Speaker 1: And in the seven o'clock hour we're going to talk about your report, which is good, but this gives me a little time to what to talk about you and your time in DC is coming to an end. You announced that you were not going to run for re election and what's that process been like.
Speaker 12: Well, it's been different. I mean, by and large, it didn't feel any different until after the election. Yeah, after the election in November, then you suddenly felt that when you feel the finality of it, well, yeah, and you feel that, like you know, for a lot of things, you just don't matter anymore. And you start to see all these new people showing up because a lot of the new members are around and they haven't been sworn in yet. But there's just a lot of things. But by and large, I had things that I've been working on trying to get into our final packages, which of course, it would be a whole lot easier if we just didn't throw everything into one big pale at the end of the year. Instead did things a little by little. But wrapping up this two years of the pandemic Select Subcommittee has really been all encompassing. I mean, we put together a five hundred and twenty page report, you know, but other than that, it's been kind of business as usual, except you know, now for this last month or so, you have no office. They give you a cubicle in the basement, and you know, you've still got some staff around. Some have moved on, but most of ours have said I'll take my next job when we're finished, and so that's been good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's different.
Speaker 12: And since I had the Select Subcommittee, I have an office to go to where others might not. But you know, it's bittersweet, for sure. I have no regrets at the twelve years of serving in Congress. It's been a huge honor. It's messier, messier than it needs to be by far, but in a lot of ways, we quietly got a lot of things done that never made headlines, and I'm proud of that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's usually the case, you know. I've been to Washington a handful of times and spend a little time walking around the halls of Congress and some of the office buildings there, which are just I mean, it really is just being there and seeing all that. It really is a special place. And I think so many people get the wrong idea about DC because we talk about it in such negatives way, in negative ways, but I mean in so many ways. I mean, it really is a swamp. It really is so despicable the way things are run in this government these days.
Speaker 3: But there's got to be aspects of.
Speaker 1: It that when when I mean when you when you look at how just how how great it is and how meaningful it is to really be there on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it absolutely is.
Speaker 12: And you know, the American people don't get the full perception because, uh, you know, I was asked a little roundtable with it was departing members three of US, one Democrat, two Republicans, and they moderator said, what can be done to calm some of the chaos? I said, I think it would make a difference if the media paid more attention to those that actually got things across the finish line than those that never do. Because truthfully, by and large, the people that you see day in and day out that are rowdy, et cetera, they really have they don't usually get something done. They don't pass bills, they don't take away bills, they don't stop regulations there you know, and that that is a problem. But I think the bigger problem we have today is something that didn't exist with our with our founders. When our country was founded, we had three agencies, State, Treasury, and war.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 12: I changed my mind on term limits because if you've just if you're only their two terms, you never establish enough street cred if you will to do to do things right. But in the agencies, those are the people that never leave and they're not elected. That's where we need to make change. It should be like the military. If you get if you don't get promoted, you're out, and when you reach the top, you're term limited. We have people that nest there forever and they're controlling way too much.
Speaker 1: And see when I look at at DOJE okay, the Department of Government Efficiency, the aik Raamaswami and Elon Musk, when I hear them talk, that's what I hear them concentrating on the bloat in the federal government and they're talking about, you know, there's what two hundred and summer five hundred some agencies right now. They're talking about, we can take this down to ninety nine. And essentially they're talking about the apparatus of government that spends so much money. All you hear in the media is, oh, they want to cut Medicare, they want to cut Social Security, they want to cut you know, all these entitlement programs. I haven't heard them talk about that at all. They're talking about government efficiency, and that's a great place to start. If you can streamline things and make things more efficient, right, efficiencies right there in the name. I think that's an important first step.
Speaker 12: It's not bad to have some of the things. But are they working, and what does success look like? You go to just go to the website and look at Health and Human Services and all the sub agencies that are part of that, and you look at that and say, what are these people doing that are making us a healthier nation? Because that's really what that agency should be about. And work with Congress that we put things in place. Look, I'm glad to have a country with safety nets, but success means fewer people needing them. That's what success looks like, not putting more people into problem.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: And you even in your report you talk about the billions of dollars that that got wasted during the whole the whole COVID episode. Absolutely, when when when we look at that and act like that, you know, there's a few billion here, a few billions, they're not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: That that mindset needs to change.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know what, what the work you did on that may be one of the first steps in the sort of change in that mindset.
Speaker 12: This should be a roadmap. This should We'll talk about the more, but this should be a roadmap to the future.
Speaker 3: All right, get it to a break here.
Speaker 1: News coming up top of the hour and then we will continue on with Congressman Can I still.
Speaker 3: I'll always be able to call you Congressman or Bread even.
Speaker 1: During the entire seven o'clock hour, and we invite you to stick around for that, and maybe maybe we'll take a call or too, maybe later on that'll be great. Five three seven, five hundred, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRS, The talk Station.
Speaker 5: Your Voice, Refreshing your Country for Reasonable American.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC, the talk Station. This report is sponsored by Staples Story.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC, the Talk Station. Rainy Monday Morning, Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. Brian Thomas is back tomorrow, so we are all looking forward to that. And as promised earlier in this show, we are going to spend the seven o'clock hour with Congressman brad Winstrip and he and his Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic have just wrapped up a two year investigation into COVID nineteen, or as I like to refer to it, the Wuhan and brad Winstrip is here and Brad weinstp how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing all right? It's good to see. How about those Bengals. Well, h we have an offense. Yeah, that's fact. I mean think about that.
Speaker 1: You got to go out and there they're saying that, Look, you guys got to score forty points every game if you want to have a chance to win it, and say it's unbelievable. Well, they got some work to do in the off season. Oh it's not off season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, darn it. Well when the off season.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: That can't get here faster and January twenty I can't get here fast enough either. But you know what, thanks for coming in. It's great. It's great to see you again. It's been a little while. But I mean you look good. You look like you've got a little bit of weight taking off your shoulders.
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, this this two year's log is really not just a two year's log of the Select Subcommittee. But it's been five years. You know, I sit on Intelligence Committee and I can remember during lockdown, another doctor in Ohio was calling me and he was calling infectious disease doctors in China. We were looking at how do we treat the what's going on? You know, this thing's novel called that for a reason, no one knew quite what to do. We were learning what we could learn from from lab work from cts and you know, what's the best way to try and treat this. But in the process we started sharing other things that we were discovering online and one of the things was an article from twenty fifteen. He said, take a look at this, and it was Ralph Berrick in North Carolina, Zengli She and Wuhan, China, and they had created kaimeras in the lab. They had taken parts of different viruses, made new viruses and made them more pathogenic to human beings. I mean, this was unbelievable, and my first thought is bioweapons. That was when I saw that. That was my first thought. I'm on intelligence committee. I've been looking at our adversaries bioweapons for some time before COVID Our State Department in two thousand and five said that China has a bioweapons program. In twenty fifteen, they published to book in China about making coronavirus bioweapons. I mean, what more do you need? And public statements by Chinese scientists about, you know, the possibility of coronaviruses being bioweapons, it was all there. So my concern went way up in this situation, and then you know, you start to uncover things that like we're actually doing gain of function research in Wuhan, China, which is the idea of making something more infectious to humans.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. How did we get here?
Speaker 12: Yeah, and so you know, I've been looking at all this stuff, and several people on Intelligence Committee especially, and you know, we got a five hundred and twenty page report that's the unclassified version. You know, we've got more on the other side and on the classified side. But let me the overarching thing to all of this is one China's cover up so obvious. They got rid of sequence as samples, they wouldn't let people in theirs was a very clear cover up. They sent me a letter when we started the Select Subcommittee saying they have grave concerns that we're even looking into the origins of COVID. You know this, this has already been settled by China was concerned that you were doing your own investigation. Yeah, they sort of frowned on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I wrote them back and I said, I don't think. I don't think you're going to dictate what we investigate your state. No, But but then they said, this is already done by scientists. I said, well, we have seven physicians on here, and we're bringing in scientists. And I named five of theirs that I'd like to see and one of them, I said, if still alive, if you if you get my drift there, But that that's how they operate. But it wasn't just their cover up. It was a cover up within our own government.
Speaker 1: And then to me, that's mean. And I looked at you, look at all the elements of this, and it is one scandal after another. I mean, each one of these things by itself is a huge scandal onto itself. But you pile one on top of the other, on top of the other, and the American people hear about this and their eyes start to glaze over because it's just so much. It really, I mean, it really is. And each one of these it is absolutely jaw dropping the way you put it in the report. But before we get too far down this road, let's go back to the beginning. I think there was a sense in Congress from the very beginning that we want to have an investigation, we want to look into this. This investigation two years you spent on it would not have happened, but for Republicans taking control of the House in twenty twelve.
Speaker 12: That's absolutely true, and as a matter of fact, the minority during this said, we were spending a lot of time on things that we shouldn't be looking into. And I called this from the very beginning, using my military background, this is an after action review. We're looking at lessons learned and we're going to plan out a path forward so that we are ready equipped and able to go the next time this something like this happens, and there will be a next time. The other cover up though, of the three, if you will, we're international scientists that wanted to steer everyone away from a lab leak theory and only look at the possibility of nature. And in their internal documents they're saying, all right, we're going to write this article and our job is to disprove the lab leak theory. They don't even talk about the lab leak as the theory. They only talk about nature. And in their internal documents they're saying, we can't rule out that it's engineered. This thing sure looks engineered. We started to get all that information through Freedom of Information Act and then are subpoenas.
Speaker 1: But so many times when you have and one of my big issues when you have when you government in general, but when you're when you have a committee, when you have an investigation like this, far too often before the work even begins, there's a there's an outcome or a destination that seems predetermined. And this happens so many times in Washington. My sense is with this commit that you did not start with a desired result, and you wanted your work to lead you to that result. Am I right about that? That's great. I wanted to this committee with the idea of finding fact and exposing what really took.
Speaker 12: Place and then present a path forward. And so you know, as I went through this, this was important to me. I never mentioned political party one time in any of our writings or in a conversation. We did not mention political party on our side because it was about finding facts. But what actually happened, Dan is every time we looked under a rock, there was another rock to look under. Yeah, and another rock to look under. So yeah, we're going to look at EcoHealth Alliance, who was doing gain of function research in China. Well, as we're looking through their stuff and their internal documents, we hear from doctor David Moorns, who was doctor Fauci's deputy, and he's saying things like, hey, write me on my Gmail because these blankety blanks are foiering me, in other words, requesting documents which belonged to the American people. He goes, and I'll delete anything I don't want showing up in the New York Times. Clear intent to deceive the American people was right there. So now we look into him and it.
Speaker 1: Just kind of thing is, people like Rand Paul were exposing this in real time, and and and when all this was going on, there was no sense that any of this needs to be investigated, none of this needs to be looked into. And again, we wouldn't be here today had it not been for a change in what happened in leadership.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Ran Paul asked the blank question, Were you doing gain and function research in China?
Speaker 3: Doctor Fauci said no.
Speaker 12: Then later he said, I was thinking of the different definition that suddenly that suddenly appeared on their website. I was thinking of a different definition. That's that's why I said it that way, you know.
Speaker 1: So, And he told him, you don't know what you're talking about, That's what he said, did you ever say that to you.
Speaker 3: You don't know what you're talking. No, he did know.
Speaker 12: He did not because by the time I had him, By the time I had and we had a pretty idea what we were talking about, and he knew and understood that and respected that, I think throughout and you know, look, we got him going from where he had publicly said, you know, it's a conspiracy theory if you say it came from the lab to no, it's not a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 3: Doctor Collins the same thing. But look, here's the motive.
Speaker 12: In twenty eleven and twenty twelve, you know, you got articles by Fauci and Collins bragging about gain to function research being a great tool, and their idea was that they could create a virus and that they think will come out of nature eventually, and if we already have it and can create a vaccine for it, then we're ahead of the game. But they were asked in twenty twelve doctor Fauci specifically, well aren't you concerned about it getting out of the lab and creating a pandemic. This is in twenty twelve, and he said, well, I think the benefits outweigh the risk.
Speaker 3: Oh, for God's sake, all right, Yeah, and how many million dead? That's right? That would maybe you know, frown on that.
Speaker 12: So when you want to say that it came from nature, well yeah, wash your hands.
Speaker 1: Look at the shiny object over there, don't don't look at me. All right, we got to get to a break. But when we come back, I want to start walking through some of the specific points that you make in the report, and we'll go through those one by one as we spend the seven o'clock hour with Congressman Brad Westerner up here on fifty five krs.
Speaker 3: The Talks to fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas and Brad winstropis here today talking about the Select Subcommittee on the coronavirus pandemic. To your investigation has done, the report is out. You had a markup that happened. I believe it was Thursday last week, well Wednesday, Thursday last week. And what exactly was that about?
Speaker 12: The markup was just we had unanimous consent from both sides of the Aisle Okay to move the reports, our report forwards.
Speaker 1: So a procedural thing more than more than any that's all I was. Yeah, no, fireworks. Unfortunately, let's start with some of the things that jumped out at me. And when we talk about the origin of the of the COVID nineteen, which I call the Wuhan virus. So the committee finds COVID nineteen most likely emerged from a lab in Wuhan, China, and you provide some of the five strongest arguments in favor of the lab leak theory. One that resonates with me is that the virus possesses a biological characteristic not found in nature, and if there was evidence of a natural origin, it would have already surfaced. So when we look at these this sort of evidence, why can we not say definitively that the virus came from a lab?
Speaker 12: Because China didn't cooperate at all, and so that's always going to be the unknown. And if somebody from China were to speak up and tell the whole story and tell the truth and say, you know what they thought, we destroyed the samples I actually have them, that person probably wouldn't be around very long. But that's the biggest obstruction. But as John Radcliffe, who was Director of National Intelligence and now will be CIA director, what he said was true he said, nobody had more intelligence in front of them than he did. You know, from across the board, and if you were to put together the forensics the evidence, if you will, on one side you had arguments for nature, and the other side you had arguments for LAB. I mean, the list goes on and on for LAB and it's very short in nature and you've never found it, which usually we have. At some points you find the animal. And the article that was written called Proximal Origins was by a group of scientists that Fuci, Collins and a guy named Jeremy Farhar put together, and they even said in their emails that they're focus was to disprove the lab leak theory when they wrote their article. And the very day that doctor Fauci went on the White House lawn and acted surprise, like, whoa, look, here's this article which he knew was being written. He said, this article by these brilliant evolutionary virologists are saying that this came from this came from nature, This came from nature, and that should settle it right. The very day one of the authors of that was writing an email and he said, we still can't rule out this thing as engineer.
Speaker 3: There's just too much there.
Speaker 12: This is what they were saying, but not what they presented to the public, and not what doctor Fauci presented to the public. And when we had doctor Fauci in for interview you, I said, well, you tellted this article proximal origins. I said, but you now say that it's not a conspiracy theory, that it could be a lableak theory. He said, did you ever talk to the authors of or these articles? And I went through litany of scientific articles by actual virologists that were saying, here's how you can make this in the lab, and how we believe it was made in the lab COVID nineteen I'm talking about. And he said, no, never talk to them. Well, you said you had an open mind, But how can you say you have an open mind if you never looked into the other side and all that was out there and so but we did, But we did, and we talked to them all. We talked to people from both sides. We talked to the people that said they thought it came from nature, who all hid skin in the game because they do this type of work, and these were people involved that said things like, imagine the s show that will happen if people think this came from the lab. And I'm paraphrasing here, but also imagine what this will do to international harmony and our research if it's concluded it came from the lab. They had all the motive, Dan, and now we discovered it. We discovered their motive. It's it's sitting right there. But they didn't think anyone would ever see what they were saying.
Speaker 1: But but but this, this gave rise to this, this bigger notion that the only narrative that we are supposed to accept, the only narrative that is uh that that we will allow to be on the news, is the one that we want that and and and I think that was one of the most dangerous things that come out of this, the notion that we can only accept the approved government narrative.
Speaker 3: Of a of a particular Yeah, and think about this.
Speaker 1: And that gets into a whole lot of, you know, bigger things in general society.
Speaker 12: I think everyone will remember when Donald Trump said We're going to restrict travel. Okay, we asked doctor Puci, were you in favor of that? Did you recommend that we restrict travel? And he said yes, it was it was a good idea, and I'm thinking, well, where were you when all that was on the news and everything out of the politicians from the other side of the aisle, which none of this should have been political, started saying, oh, that's racist and xenophobic.
Speaker 3: So I asked.
Speaker 12: I asked doctor Fauci, was restricting travel racist? He said no, Was it xenophobic? He said no, Well why didn't you say that when that became the narrative to the public. You're supposed to be a public health leader, then clear the record of what is actually what you recommended, by the way, and so that's just another example. But we saw things FDA rush for full approval of the vaccine. Look, I believe the vaccine saved hundreds of thousands of lives of the most vulnerable. And I was for the emergency Youth Authorization authorization for those that we knew were dying.
Speaker 1: Now, well, the state to hold that dog because I want to get into the vaccine as we continue. We got a ton of stuff to get to here, but we got to get to a quick break and we'll continue on with brad Redstrip right after this on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 3: Right now, you can save up to twenty.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty eight time from the nine verst warning forecast rain today a high of fifty six, then cloudy tonight, some fog as well the other night low fifty one and some more showers on top four tomorrow forty seven for the high fifty two At fifty five KRCD talk Stations.
Speaker 6: From the UCUF Tramping Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is a clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 3: Learn more at u see health dot com.
Speaker 6: They've poked off east found Reagan the Highway at the Gabreth due to an accident, and then it's backing traffic up quickly to Hamilton Avenue. There's a retcon southbound seventy five s ramp to eastbound two seventy five in erl Winger, as well as river at Bender Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRCD Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD Talks SA seventy nine. We continue our conversation with Congressman brad Winstrip So the lab Leaku and one more thing on the lab Leak and then I'll want to move on. But in the fall of twenty nineteen, months before COVID nineteen was discovered at the wet market or I guess at least that narrative was out there. China chose not to disclose this information that there was a couple of researchers at the Wuhan Lab who came down sick with COVID nineteen. They didn't tell the United States, didn't tell the CDC, NIH World Health Organization. So this is where things really start to unravel in our relationship with China as it relates to this issue.
Speaker 3: Is that accurate? Yes?
Speaker 12: And for those in the arena, people were starting to see rumors of a new type of pneumonia developing in China. They also, as time went on, they changed their ventilation system in the Wuman lab to be one that filters better. They had reports over time of accidents in their labs, and they were using for this a BSL two, which is a lower level of security. And even Ralph Berrick, who does this type of research in North Carolina, he said needs to be done at a level three or four, nothing less, but there that's what was being done. And then their military took over the lab. I mean, all of these things are pretty good indicators of what was going on. But the bottom line is President she lied. He said things were in the controller light to the who he manipulated, the who he lied. You know, I would hear people say Donald Trump lied. I not only lied, he just believed President She was being honest and he wasn't. And quickly I think President Trump figured that outretty pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: One of the least surprising things to me is that federal and state governments were not coordinated and were unprepared receive the allocation of WUHAN Relief Funds paycheck protection program supposed to help working Americans. At least sixty four billion dollars was lost to chislers and criminals. There another one hundred and ninety one billion went down the drain through fraud and federal government unemployment system. So all this money that was wasted when you talk about these programs that were supposed to help people out, this is another scandalous, unbelievably scandalous aspect of this that all this money went out the door and there was essentially no accounting for any of it. And then there were some half hearted efforts, I think to recoup some of that money. But by and large we just you know, flushed, you know, hundreds of billions of dollars down the drain and no one seems to care.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're trying to incentivize states by being able to maybe keep some of what they recover to do that, and that really was was held up. But the biggest thing, the one that was the most egregious dand through the whole thing, is with unemployment and you and what was put in place against our wishes on Ways and Means Committee was the self attestation.
Speaker 3: In other words, you just say you're unemployed.
Speaker 12: You know, we weren't asking for verifying data, which was easy to get. And actually Horowitz, who also was the Inspector General for Faiza, going back to the fake Russian collusion narrative, you know, he pointed that out that this was absolutely the worst thing that we could do is just let people do that, and he pointed out how easily it could have been done. So again, solutions oriented as well, but it was there from the beginning. It should have been able to be done that way. But the theft is absolutely appalling at a time when we are so far in debt and now we're just aiding and ben people that hate us that are stealing money, because a lot of it were foreign adversaries that were stealing.
Speaker 1: But see, I think that's what I think about that this report. Then why it's important that you document all those things because during the course of your investigation you said, well, look at this element of it, and instead of just leaving that alone, you detail that in the report. And I think that's really important. This report does not reflect well on doctor Fauci. Are the are the dots? If someone wants to go through this report and connect the dots on doctor Fauci? And I don't know that there's been a referral for him to be investigated criminally on this, but are there are the dots there in this report to be able to connect if somebody wants to, oh, the dots are there, or maybe a legitimate media outlet wants to do that.
Speaker 12: That the dots are there to connect? The question is was anything done illegal? Look, I would say this early on, people were going to be subject to be what about the fund?
Speaker 3: Wrong? That's the fund? It wasn't there already something in place? Oh let me go through that. Yeah, let me go through.
Speaker 1: That that we're not allowed to do this sort of funding and yet he was signing off on it anyway.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so let's go through that. I'm I'm glad you brought that up because that, to me is one of the key findings of everything.
Speaker 1: Because he did that behind Trump's back, and this is before the wuhan even started.
Speaker 12: Well, let me tell you that. Let me tell you about the grant process. Yes, so, first of all, EcoHealth Alliance wanted to do gain a function research where they are going to insert what's called receptor binding domains on a bat backbone. So from another animal, you take a receptor binding domain. In short, that makes something more infectious stickier to human cell.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 12: They also wanted to add a fure in cleavage site. COVID nineteen is a type of coronavirus that never had a fear in cleavage site on it in nature.
Speaker 3: Never But now I don't know what that means. What does that mean?
Speaker 12: Well, the you're in leavage site is if you think of like R two D two when he extends that arm and can get into a system. All right, if you're in cleavage site is part of the the virus that when activated does pop out okay and gets into the human cell, in particular respiratory. Okay, okay, So that gives that gives you some idea. So two components that you add to a bat backbone of a virus. So you start with a bat virus, you put it's like legos. Now you're putting in parts, you're moving some out, putting others in. And that's as simple as I think I can I can put it. But that was their proposal. What was interesting is in an email with Ralph Berrick in North Carolina and Zengli She in Wuhan, China, Peter Dazik, the head of Eco Health Alliance, is saying, we'll just tell them we're going to do this in North Carolina, but once we get the money, we'll shift it over to Wuhan. Do it at a BSL too, a less safe lab because it costs less, and we'll do that. Ralph Barrack said, no, no, no. That initial proposal went to DARPA Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Government Military Agency.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 12: They said, no, this is this is too risky. We're not we're not issuing that grant. They go over to NIH. Now you're talking Francis Collins and Tony Fauci they go over there, they get the grant. So we asked doctor Fauci about the grand process. Doctor Fauci, you signed off on on these grants, and uh, you know who basically who's responsible? He said, well, you know, I just I do just sign them. At one point he said, we get billions of dollars in grants. I can't know what's in all of them. I just sign him. He said, we have an advisory board that looks them over. Okay, that looks them over, and once they do that, then I just sign them. And we said, doctor Fauci, they didn't comply with the grant. They were not doing their periodic reporting. They developed a pathogen that should have been reported, they didn't do it. They were two years late.
Speaker 2: With that.
Speaker 12: Does a flag go up at N I H or N I A I D that you're in charge of, to say where's your report? He said, that's over in compliance. I have nothing to do with you.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when we were talking about DOJE earlier, this is the cod this is what we're talking about. Havevik Ramaswani and Elon Musk are going to be looking at that and this is why so many billions of dollars goes out the door and no one, there's no accountability.
Speaker 12: And one step further on that, I said, look, you're doing dangerous research. You know it's dangerous. You've said that is from the very beginning. You're doing dangerous research in a lab of an adversary. And what's your oversight? Are you in the lab? Are you able to see what's going on every step of the way he goes? I wouldn't even know how to do that. So we know that they're working on bio weapons over there, and we allow this kind of money to go out the door.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't supposed to happen though what there was already guidelines against it.
Speaker 12: There was already there was a pause on it, but there was there was a little glitch clause that allowed them to work around it. These are these are the things you're talking about, right, These are the things we got to fix make sure something like this can never happen again. They get its accountability and transparency that there's a lack of, and they've gone wild with this, able to cloak themselves and be blameless on many things.
Speaker 3: All right, we're way late for a break here. Fifty five KRC the talk stays Hie, Ryan tell us here for four an extreme.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC DE talk station. How much does that report with You got a giant buy in to their five hundred and something pages of Select Subcommittee Coronavirus Pandemic Report, two years worth of work right there. One of the biggest things to me was the and you get into this a lot, and the report was about the whole thing about misinformation. And I mean, we see how bloated, how inept, how fraudulent our federal bureaucracies really can be. But when it comes to misinformation, you talk about the spread of misinformation through conflicting messages, knee jerk reactions, lack of transparency. The most egregious examples of Pervasi's misinformation all flabeled drug use lab LEAUE theory. And the biggest purveyor of misinformation, it turns out, was the federal.
Speaker 3: Government, without a doubt.
Speaker 12: And this goes to one of the things that I said from the very beginning, and I said that it's a secretary as are America needs to hear from the doctor's treating COVID patients. Imagine the difference every day if you had a doctor anywhere around the country stepping out to a flood of microphones, lowering his mask, saying, here's what I saw today.
Speaker 1: Well, and I remember a group of doctors coming out who were treating COVID patients at the time, and this one doctor who had like a Jamaican accent, a big woman, came out and said, I'm treating these patients with hydroxychloriclin. It's working. This is working, this is working. And those people got shut down. I mean they were never seen or heard from again.
Speaker 12: They got shut down by people that were never standing over patients watching them die, desperate to try and save life. And it's easy for them because people were just numbers on paper to them, and that would be the difference. That's why we had the wrong messenger. That's part of this report, too, is who's going to be the messenger in a situation like this? Trust it is.
Speaker 1: It is one of the most Unamerican things that I can possibly think of, that our government was actively involved in shutting down a dissenting voices like this, not because the information was wrong, but simply because it went against the official government narrative.
Speaker 12: That's exactly right, and that sounds pretty communists or socialist to me. And then you had people like Jay Botacher.
Speaker 3: Our media was cheering it on the whole time.
Speaker 12: Well, they're part of it, they're part of it, they're they're right in on it. They get their talking points from the Democrat Party and they go for it. And that's the administration that was leading this. And I mean within the agencies. I don't know if somebody's a Republican or Democrat, but I do know in the White House what they are. And so if that's where things are coming from with a political directive, it's a problem. And you saw people like Jay Bodicheria, who you know, the Great Barrington Declaration. Okay, you may disagree with parts of it, but have the scientific debate. You know, we've we found out there was no science behind the mask, there was no science behind six feet. Actually that was being more directed by the teachers union who wanted a trigger to close the schools. That's in the red as well. But you have these people that were actually just having a scientific debate and they were being chastised, they were being humiliated, they were really being told. The public was being told that these people don't know what they're talking about and actually they do, and I just give you examples. So the doctor patient relationship was just destroyed. If the government's going to tell you, here's the mandate, you've got to do it. They sped up approving the vaccine so the government could issue the mandate. Because then they made it fully approved. You had two people from the FDA walk away saying, no, this is wrong. You're speeding this process up for political purposes. The mandate, to me was one of the most obscene things. Americans want to be educated, not indoctrinated, and they want to see it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 12: That came from somebody who was hesitant to take the vaccine. When I explained who's vulnerable and what it does and what it doesn't do, person said, I'm more likely to take it now. But you just educated me. I don't want to be indoctrinated. That's where I got Yeah, And so this is just human nature. These are the things that we talk about in our report of how we can do things better. But you put shoved these people aside. You ended scientific debate, and American people quit falling for it. By and large, even though their favorite news station might continue to spew these things, people fell off that's why Donald Trump went overwhelmingly one of the reasons why.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's amazing how the tentacles of this carry on into everyday life, every day, people's interaction with government every day.
Speaker 3: And it's going to continue, I think, for a long time to come.
Speaker 1: Seven forty six another quick break in here, and then we'll continue on on fifty five KRCV talking about.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 1: Bred Winstrip is here talking about the five hundred, five hundred and twenty four.
Speaker 12: Pages five twenty and then seventeen pages of recommendation yea future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I mean there are so many elements to this. And then I was talking earlier about how each one of these is a major scandal. I mean, why don't we deal with scandal in this country the way we used to deal with it.
Speaker 12: You know, it used to be truth justice in the American way, right. You know, even as a teenager when Watergate was going on, you know, I was proud of Republicans because everyone was just after the truth. And you know, if that meant there's ramifications, then then so be it. I had the same approach in my mind on Intelligence Committee when we were looking into the fake Well, we didn't know it was fake Russian collusion. I went in open minded if Trump did something wrong and so be it. Well we quickly found out not only did he do nothing wrong, whatsoever they did They they paid for that whole thing.
Speaker 3: And and and you know, at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the day, even though the Inspector General proved it and they knew it was fake, still nothing else.
Speaker 3: And they and they continued to lie to them.
Speaker 12: They were they were part of it. And because why that's media the media should be driving like why haven't heads rolled? Why haven't heads rolled? Because if their side's the one doing the scandals, and and they have a side in media, then they don't want to pursue it. And look, we saw this the teachers Union, the teachers Union were the Biden transition team reached out to the teachers union right away after he won and basically started asking them what they would want for schools as far as closures and the rules. The teachers Union, not scientists, not the CDC. Randy Winegarden had uh Randy Winegarden had the head of the CDC, well director Willinskey's personal sell And you go through the Teachers' Union's documents and their internal conversation. And I'm not blaming every teacher on this, I'm blaming the leadership of the union.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 12: They said, we need a trigger to close. What we're after is a trigger to close. So what they wanted was like ten feet of distancing. Why, well, you can't go back to school in.
Speaker 1: Person, kids, but you look at the unintended consequences there, and so we ended up with six Yeah, you got kids working from home and parents looking over their shoulder at what they're learning on the computer. And the parents are like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 3: We learned that, We learned that.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, this is what's going on in the school, and the rest and the rest is history. There talk a little bit about Andrew Cuomo, Yes, in New York, and you've recommended him for criminal investigation.
Speaker 12: Yes, And that criminal retro is because they issued a report that tried to play down the nursing home deaths and lower the number, and that was discovered even by the Attorney general.
Speaker 1: And he destroyed documents. Uh, he never he produced documents. He didn't really produce documents. He he often claimed he didn't know anything. So, for example, so he wrote a book he wrote a book about his great leadership during the.
Speaker 12: WU case in point, when we asked him how he wrote his book, he pointed to his head and said, it's all here. We said, what, what, what did you refer to? What documents did you refer to? He pointed to his head writer up there, and he said it was all right here. But then he doesn't recall anything, so he doesn't so he issues a directive. And I think this is something I really want the audience to hear, is what he did, and where we had bipartis support from physicians to call it malpractice. CDC guidance issued guidance guidance saying talking about quarantining this and that. So when we came to nursing homes for some reason, Governor Cuomo issued a direct if not guidance, but a directive.
Speaker 3: That's an order, right.
Speaker 12: And he said that no nursing home will can deny someone admission to the nursing home with a diagnosis of COVID nineteen or a presumed diagnosis of COVID nineteen. And then he said, and you are prohibited from even testing them for COVID nineteen. What kind of nonsense is this? And how can the nursing home treat the patient appropriately and protect the other patients appropriately if they don't know the status, don't know who should be quarantined, and can't say we can't take you because we can't quarantine you. That's what that directive did. It made no sense. And the CDC guideline said, you can refuse someone if you can't adhere to the proper protocols. You don't take someone highly contagious and put him next to the most vulnerable, which the elderly. Were they most and they have comorbidities. They are the absolute most vulnerable population in America. And he took highly contagious people and made them be admitted to the nursing homes. Then it's an interview months a month or so later and people asked him about it. He said, oh, I didn't know anything about that. He said he knew nothing about it. Well, there's evidence to the contrary. But besides that, then he wanted to report put out that said that wasn't as bad as they're saying it was. You know that we didn't have all these nursing home deaths. What they ignored was people that were in the nursing home got COVID, went to the hospital and died. They ignored all those deaths to lower the number. He said he didn't have anything to do with any of this. Well, it was interesting. We asked him if he edited that report in any way, shape or form, and he said no. US what whistleblowers came forward. We have emails it said, here are the governor's edits, and then we got the edits in his handwriting on the report.
Speaker 1: That's why he was referred. Yeah, that's why he was so lying in front of Congress. Is still frowned upon. I'm glad to hear it.
Speaker 3: It's frowned upon by Congress, that's for sure. Thank you very much. All right, can you you do? You want to hang around for another half an hour? I wish I could got to go.
Speaker 1: I wish I could write, you've got other obligations.
Speaker 3: Fine, I do, and I head back to d C today as well.
Speaker 1: But because we literally could have done the whole show from five o'clock on.
Speaker 3: No, I agree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 1: There's so much here and the more and the more you talk about it, the more my memory is jogged about things that that I want to talk to you about but you know what, maybe we can do it again sometimes.
Speaker 12: You know, it's so true and even during our two years, you know, as I look back on stuff that we did in the first couple of months, it's like, gosh, I almost forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing, and we forgot that really covered that it really is. But this report is great. This is a lot of material for future talk shows for me. So I want to thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Well, and I'll be around more importantly.
Speaker 1: I'll be around, yeah, more importantly for the American people exactly, and for America going forward.
Speaker 12: And we tried to make it an easy read for people, you know, not overly scientific, and in the case of that, we're making break it down, explain it. And I think that we did that and people can take it one section at a time. Like I'm interested in the school closures, I'm interested in masks. I want to see what you found about all these things.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I got to talk to Chrisman then after eight o'clock, so we'll hear what he has to say. But brad Winstrop, you're looking good, brother, great to see you.
Speaker 12: Well, you know what, I can stay fifteen more minutes if you want me to fifteen minutes, I can stay another fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good. Let's do that and Joe will do that. And we got to get to the news here at the top of the hour though, Dan Carroll for Briant Thomas with brad Winstrop on fifty five krs the talk station, Your voice.
Speaker 3: Thank you for MCAU your country here every day, fifty five krs the talk station. This report is sponsor.
Speaker 1: More minutes with not Greg Landsman, but brad Winstrom and brad winst used to be my we were talking about that off the area. It used to be my congressman, but then they changed districts on me. I didn't move, but the district movement district and now and now you're you were you know, you're not my representative Ohio.
Speaker 12: Loss of seed, which you know doesn't help us. But anyway, that's that's part of it. That's thanks.
Speaker 1: But uh, I mean, we're talking about the report two years were the work from the subcommittee that you were the chairman of, and uh, I mean you get into every single aspect of everything that was that was related to UH to COVID nineteen one that we haven't touched on a lot. Yet, is the vaccines you were you were in favor of Operation Warp Speed. Absolutely, you said before that it saved lives. There's a lot of people who would probably argue with you on that that the COVID vaccines actually wound up maybe doing more harm than good, that maybe they you know, some people died because of taking the vaccine who didn't need it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, let's talk about that, because you know, I followed the trials closely. Actually I tried to get in the trial, but when I went over to UC, I had just given blood and that disqualified me.
Speaker 3: So I couldn't get in it. But I watched it very closely.
Speaker 1: Well, what about all the reporting that the big pharmaceutical companies withheld information about the trials that they did What.
Speaker 12: About all Well, I don't think they withheld information. I think from the trials because the trials were pretty clear. You're not going to you know, we didn't do a good job of and this is part of our report. We didn't do a good job of adverse effects of the vaccines, things like that vaccine injuries. We got to clean up that. But look, think about what was going on. Millions of people did die. People were die dying, but we knew who was dying and who was most vulnerable to a large degree, you know percent, but to a large degree what the trials showed and I said this from sorry, here's what the trial showed. That just because you get the vaccine doesn't mean you can't get COVID. It's different from the others. The mRNA technology is different from the vaccines. We grew up with that being said. That should have been something everyone was aware of.
Speaker 1: But yet that was part of the original narrative from this government and from the media was that if you get the vaccine totally you can't get it, you can't spread it.
Speaker 12: Fauci said it, and you know, I pointed out to him that's not true, and the trials had shown that. But people were dying and people were people did well. The trials showed that if you get the vaccine, you're less likely to die and less likely to get as sick, but you can still get COVID. It was not a dead end for the virus. Doctor Fauci said that to me was a form of malpractice, if you will, by telling the people that, because that's not true, and you know how it is with drugs. You got to list every side effect you guys, you got to be honest about it. This is where we went way wrong. We weren't honest about it. So it was approved for emergency use. That should be a decision between you and your doctor, as we have data of who's dying, what's worse. Does the benefit out weigh the risk for you depending upon your health status. That's where we were, That's what it should have been. And again at the beginning, it was just for the most vulnerable. But then they wanted you know, you're two your you're two month old to get vaccinated.
Speaker 3: I mean it.
Speaker 12: It was ridiculous, no evidence out there to say that that should happen. And we talked before. People want to be educated, not indoctrinated, and that comes from sitting, having a chance to sit with your physician discuss your health. I'll give you an example. So I was told that before I could go to Germany for a security conference and I needed to get a booster.
Speaker 3: And I said, okay, well, listen.
Speaker 12: I had two doses of Pfizer and months later I was cooking and I couldn't smell garlic salt, and I said to my wife, I've got COVID or had it? I said, maybe last week. Remember I had a chill one day, I probably got COVID. I didn't go get tested because I figured I had it okay and recovering and now you know, doing fine, and no one in my family was sick either. Now, before I was to get this booster, I said, I want to get my antibodies and tea cells. And on that on the hill, they said, oh, we can't do T cells. Our lab can do antibodies. Let's let's see where they are. A strong number was forty. My number was eight hundred and twenty one. If I if you sit with your doctor and your numbers eight hundred and twenty one, your doctor's going to say, I don't see what a booster's going to do for you. Matter of fact, I'm a little concerned you might get a hyper immune response. That's what doctor Winster would say to a patient.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 12: But this is the environment that we were in. And it's interesting now that they don't if you see the ads, they don't call it the COVID vaccine anymore. They call it the COVID shot, COVID shot of the COVID boosters, and variants are not a new idea. That's what viruses do. So when we had COVID and then we had variants, it shouldn't be shocking. The conversation should be there's probably going to be some variance. We'll see if they're more infectious or less effect infectious. What do we have to have to do.
Speaker 1: Are we supposed to believe, because it's being put out to us now that hey, your annual flu shot and get your COVID shot at the same time, that these two things are kind of akin to each other.
Speaker 12: Yea, And I think that's a conversation you have with your doctor. I would tell you my kids are young eleven and seven. We're at the pediatrician's office, and the pediatrician says, I just don't see where there's benefit compared to the little risk of getting this vaccination. And not only that, we really don't know. And I said this from the very beginning, to be honest with patients. I can't tell you what we're going to know about this vaccine ten years from now, twenty years from now, I'm not certain. Just my own observations. We know that COVID was creating clots. People were throwing clots with COVID H. We know that people, young males were getting myocarditis from the vaccine.
Speaker 1: So well, I mean so, I don't know what. So that's one of the other elements of this. There are so many anecdotal stories out there about young people, athletes who are in good shape, people you know, marathon runners, basketball players dropping dead after they get the vaccine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I had a parent call me. He's a county commissioner, and he said, hey, my son's in high school. They're telling him he has to get the vaccine. I said, is he healthy and he said yeah. I said, well, are you worried about myocarditis from the vaccine?
Speaker 3: He said yeah.
Speaker 12: I said, well you should be. You should be. I said, but I think maybe do this at this point. I said maybe. At this point. What you do is you get one dose of pfiser, go to your doctor, talk to your doctor about it. Get one dose of Pfiser, and that gives you good protection because the milecarditis is occurring after the second dose, very few, if any had it after the first dose. Then you'll have coverage, and you know, get a note from your doctor saying he's covered. He got he got the one dose, He's good to go. The school boards were rejecting things like this.
Speaker 3: Who were they?
Speaker 12: Do you understand where I'm saying, But we have to have a better reporting system, data system so that doctors with their patients can make decisions this best for their patient.
Speaker 1: All right, a minute and a half left, and then I know you got to go. It seems like the melding and the overlap of politics and science and and health. It seems like these things we'd be better off if we can keep these things in separate lanes. I mean, keep the politics out of health information, yes, and science information? How important is that moving forward?
Speaker 12: Absolutely? You know there's a White House pandemic Preparedness team right now and a former Air Force surgeon heads it, and he wanted to meet with the Republican Doctor's Caucus, which he did, and he said, how do we re establish trusts? And I said, get it out of the White House. Get it out of the White House. And that's in our proposals that we put a construct together. We're a team, an agnostic team that may be part of the executive branch, but is out of the White House, not sitting in the White House, and they will decide, CDC does this, NIH does this, NIAI D does this. FDA has to do this, and you all report to us because we got different messages from different components of our government throughout happen, and you have to not only say here's what we think, but here's why, that's what we need to do.
Speaker 3: All right, with that, brad winstrip, we'll let you go. Thanks for the time. It's great, great seeing you again. Thanks for being here. You too, and I'll be around. You know, I'm leaving Congress, but I'm not not gone. I know you'll be around.
Speaker 1: But whatever your your next chapter in life holds, you're gonna knock it out of the park just like you've done up to this.
Speaker 3: Oh you're kind. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean i've seen you in action. Thank you know, I mean you still look great in the uniform. And I've seen you speak at veterans events and Memorial Day things and things like that, and it's been fantastic. But thanks for the time, and I have a great day, and we'll talk some more.
Speaker 3: About this down the road. Thank you, God blessed.
Speaker 1: All right on fifty five KR se DE talk station fifty five KR see the talk station What a day. What a day today, brad Winstrip just left the studio and great to talk with him for more than an hour, talking about his committee report looking at the COVID nineteen and joining us now is the one time vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Chris smitham and and Chris, I don't know if you had a chance to listen to brad Winstrip at all, but hey, you know when you look back at these days of what was going on during the Wuhan virus, and I mean all the things that happened that surrounded government, one scandal on top of another.
Speaker 3: You know, when.
Speaker 1: You talk about the way they were trying to suppress free speech, when whether or not the virus came from a lab, whether it was you know, came from nature. When you talk about the billions of dollars that got flushed down the toilet, I mean, the tentacles of this and the scandals related to this, it just really it's going to wind up being I think one of the more shameful chapters in American history, the way that all this is shaking out.
Speaker 5: Well, of course day morning, and yes I was listening. I consider Congressman brad Winster of a friend. Was you know, definitely sad to see him go after twelve years of service and you know, a person who gave up a very successful medical practice to do it, and you know it's time for him to come home and be with his wife and be with his kids and be a dad and and make some money. So you know, he has he has given a lot in the military. He now has given a lot in Congress. And uh, definitely, Dan, I was, you know, glad that that Congress of brat Winster was there at the hell investigating what happened during COVID. I think for me, you know, this most recent pardon by President Biden should catch the imagination of all Americans because of the broadness of the pardon and the reason I raise it in the context of your interview with Congress from brad Winstrop is I believe that President Biden is going to continue some very broad pardons prior to January twentieth, and some of those pardons might connect with the interview that you just had. So I think that, you know, I would not be surprised if he partons Fauci in a very broad way over a number of years. And we don't even know what he's being pardoned for nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Isn't it customary to have committed a crime or have done something wrong before you received the pardon or actually have been sentence yet for something, yes, or found guilty.
Speaker 3: Of something yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, And so I think they're very nervous about some of the selections that are coming from President Electroump, these administrative big moves at the top that will just release information to the public here or the emails, here at the memo, here are the meetings, And I think it's going to be incredibly transparent and telling for all of us over the next two or three months. I'm talking about January, February, and March as information is released about what was really happening. And I think it's connected directly to the interview that you just had with Congressman brad Winstrop. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, we spend so much time talking about the swamp that Washington is the gender, it's the chiselers that the you know, the ne'er do wells that didn't have at that place. And I was asking him off the air about what he was going to miss about being in DC, and I think there, you know, there's a lot of honorable people, and I think brad Winstroup is one of the honorable people. And you know, going into this select subcommittee on the coronavirus pandemic, I asked him if if he had a preconceived notion or what he wanted the results of this to be. And he said no, he said, we went in to find facts. We went in to find out why this happened, how it happened, what was done right, what was done wrong, and to get to the truth of the matter and report to the American people. And so many times Chris smitheman, when when you have committees like this, they go in with a preconceived notion of what they want to find, what they want to report, what they want the end product to be, and they go in with blinders on trying to get fromt you know, trying to get to that predetermined conclusion. And I think brad Winstrop is a great example of a real servant to the American people. And I think he ran this committee with great integrity, and I first.
Speaker 5: I agree with you, and I also think he did it in a bipartisan way, which is, you know, very unusual in Congress. So it just shows again, you know, his willingness to reach across the aisle and look for facts. But let me pivot Dan Carroll into the pennycase, which I think we're going to find some type of determination today.
Speaker 3: Well I hope. So you know what, Chris, can you hang around for one more segment?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Okay, we got to get to a break right here.
Speaker 1: We'll do that on the other side of the break, and I've got another question for you as it relates to as it relates to cryptocurrency, and we'll talk about that as we roll on till nine o'clock this morning, Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas, and we will continue with Chris Smithman on the other side of this on fifty five krc DE talks about nine on this Monday morning, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, we are talking with Chris Smithman the smither Vent, a late version of the smith Event on this Monday morning. And you were talking about the Penny trial in New York City, and to my way of thinking, a terrible miscarriage of justice, a trial that should never have been brought. You've got to al Everyone talks about Alvin Bragg, but the prosecutor that's actually running the case in the courtroom did an interview some time ago talking about another case she had where she felt bad for the defendant because the defendant didn't have any life growing up, and so therefore she let him off the murder charge that this individual had committed.
Speaker 3: Is that the standard that we should have for justice in this country.
Speaker 5: It absolutely is not. And what was so telling about the testimony are the number of African Americans, people of color, men and women, white, black, other who testified and said, I thought my life was on the line, and so you have this good samaritan, and some people might be listening to our interview and they don't even know what we're talking about. Where last week the judge said, hey, you no longer have to consider manslaughter. Look at the second charge. It's a lesser charge where he could get four years. But the implications around race, because I believe that if Penny, who is a veteran white male who intervened for the black people who were on the train, the white people who were on the train, the men and women, see, they don't tell that part of the story. They don't talk about the diversity of people that were looking at him, going, oh my god, we're on this train. There's no cops down here, and this man just got on the train and said he feels like he's going to kill somebody and doesn't worry about what happens to him if he does it. And so the notion of the ripple effect across the United States of America. They convict this good samaritan. What do we do when we're in those situations? If you have a prosecutor that will say, you know what, I'll put you in jail if you intervene, what does that good samaritan have to do? Dan Carol, Wait for him to stabb somebody, wait for him to start shooting in the in the train. Tell me what that standard looks like. And so the reason those New Yorkers are grappling with this is that because of the crime ridden city that they live in, and they're sitting there going, well, what if my daughter was in that situation, What if I was in that situation, What if my spouse was in that situation? What do we want Penny to stand up and do something about it? And so the problem with this brother is you being my white brother and us having these conversations is these are the kinds of things that try to divide us in a country. We've got to be able to look at the fact pattern and say, this has nothing to do with race. This has to do with people on a train where they felt that their lives were on the line, and there was a veteran there who said, as a good samaritan, listen, I'm going to try to intervene and I'm going to try to save lives. And by the way, I heard a great interview. They said, if this man had done it on the battlefield, they would have been giving him a purple heart. Because he did it in New York on a subway. We're going to give him four years or we're going to give him fifteen years in prison.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we're going to just have to hope that this jury comes to their senses and finds him not guilty on all these counts. Let me, let me, let me pivot now, Chris Smytherman, And one of the more less talked about aspects of Donald Trump is that he has become an advocate for cryptocurrency. In your role as a financial planner, I would imagine that you're asked about this all the time, you talk about it from time to time with the people that you deal with. Where do you stand on the issue of cryptocurrency? And you know, you look at bitcoin these days and I think it was Thursday or Friday last week it went up over one hundred thousand dollars for a single bitcoin. Absolutely amazing. I wish I would have bought it back when I had the chance to buy it when it was you know, when you could buy you know, buy it for less than a penny apiece. But well, you know, how important is is the fact that that Donald Trump has become an advocate for cryptocurrency? How important is that going to be? You think when we talk about these issues going forward.
Speaker 5: Well, I think when he walked into that restaurant with those young people and bought that burger with bitcoin during the campaign trail, he was sending a message that, hey, this is something that I think is real. You know, I have to you it's something that I don't understand. I'm more like a warm buffet here where you know, I'm a wait and see. But there hasn't been a person in the White House, you know, me serving as a financial planner where someone is saying, hey, through the public policy of the United States of America. We're we're going to legitimize this currency. So I think that this is going to be a very interesting time about what this regulation look around that. I think it's going to be very interesting about what this regulation look in general, whether it's banking, whether it's the oil industry, whether it's the aviation industry. You know, what is what is this? What is this Trump administration going to look like? What mergers does he allow to go through? I'm not naming any, but think of some right here in Cincinnati, Ohio. What what kind of mergers will this administration be friendly to that others won't. I think things like you know what our social media platforms are doing or not doing is going to hit his radar two just because of his experiences. Now, Dan Carroll, let me say this, because I know I don't have a lot of time. All right, let me say this to you, brother. Let me say this to you brother. Look, people keep saying that this administration is going to be about retribution. And I don't see that, Dan Carroll. I don't I don't see an administration coming in saying I'm coming in here to hurt somebody. What I do see is an administration coming in saying I'm willing to be transparent and tell the American people what is actually going on with their government. And I love the fact that they're talking about cutting, meaning you have from Eli Musk and the VIC saying hey, listen, I'm going to look at our budgets, see what we've been buying in the Pentagon or or what kind of studies like monkey studies I've heard about on TV that we've been funding with our government, and look at those things and say, are those those are those priorities for the United States of America. If they're not, we've got to cut them. And I loved your show at the beginning when you said, hey, this is about groceries. This election was I just laughed. We would just say, hey, this is about groceries, and it was so simple and it was so true. He didn't say inflation, he said groceries. And that's what this election was about. And if he can bring those prices down, if he can if he can bring peace around the United States of America, this is going to be a great administration for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be great to see. And when you know, when you talk about and going back, did this even ties in to what we were talking to brad Winstrop about, Because it's the it's the bloat, it's the inefficiency, it's the waste of this government and the size and scope of the federal bureaucracy that we have that got us into this Wuhan situation to begin with, because all this money was going to the Wuhan Lab in China to pay for all this research that they were not supposed to be paying for. And Fanci said, you know what I signed off on, you know, a few billion here and a few billion there. I don't I don't know what it's for. They put it in front of me, eye sign it. The money goes out the door with someone else. Is someone else's job to account for all that, not me, you know, the guy that's spending all that money, and the and the way it's set up that kind of I don't know if it's ever going to change, but at least the way of thinking about it might have to change. And I think that's what this the Doge Committee is probably going to do the best at.
Speaker 5: And I think this notion where we see pictures of federal employees taking bubble baths and and and saying they're working from home. There's one thing that there's one thing that people might even know what you and I talking about.
Speaker 13: But the ouse there there's god yeah, yeah, that are literally in a bubble bath. I mean, if that's what you're doing, you know, with our federal dowts, there are people that work from home every day.
Speaker 5: It makes all the sense in the world. But but there are people that need to come back in. That would be one of them who's taking images of himself nude in a in a in a bathtub. And by the way, when I look at this case that's breaking right now with p Diddy, right, Beyonce and jay Z, I want everybody to hear what I'm saying. Listen, don't defend it. This is an Epstein situation on fire. It's a mess out here. This is gonna get really messy. And with Beyonce out trying to endorse Vice President Harris, all of these things at the end could have all been connected. Right. People could have been trying to cover their hindsight, just like icy President Biden when he says he's gonna he might partner his brother. We have no idea here but to wake up and see these headlines where these two men are being accused of raping a thirteen year old child, where one rate the other watched, one rate the other watched, and there were other people there in the room. If any version of this is true, these people should be under the jail, never to see the light ever again. And that has to be our position, Dead Carroll. Now, I believe that people are innocent and tell proving guilty. But I'm letting you know there's enough out there with P Diddy, with these videos, and you go out there and you see sympathy for this man, there should be no sympathy. We should be trying to find out the number of children that this man has probably destroyed their lives. Terrible.
Speaker 1: There's always people out there that want to prevent us from seeing the truth. And as our friend Bill Cunningham likes to say, the truth sell sevent you free, Chris smithvan.
Speaker 5: With that so much, Dan Carroll, appreciate you man. People can follow me on x at vote Smitherman and I tweeted you all the time. I hope you watch it, babe. I do take care, have a.
Speaker 3: Great all the time.
Speaker 1: Brother, brother, You're the best. Chris Smithvan, thank you very much. I'm with that we will get to a break. We're a little bit late for Dan Carroll, for Brian Thomas on fifty five krc DE talk station this Christmas.
Speaker 3: Keep your doctors.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station if you want to get on board and weigh in on what Chris Smithman had to say or Congressman Winstrom five three seven, fifty five hundred, those are the numbers to call. And Brad Winstrom just did a great job with this Select Subcommittee on the coronavirus pandemic. He put out a thumbnail sketch of the report in a press release, and it talks about the origin, talks about gain of function research, talks about EcoHealth Alliance under the leadership of doctor Peter Dazac, used US taxpayer dollars to facilitate dangerous gain of function research in Wuhan. After these Select Subcommittee released evidence of EcoHealth violating the terms of its NIH grant, the US Department of Health and Human Services commenced official debarment proceedings suspended all funds to EcoHealth. New evidence also shows the Department of Justice has opened to investigation into Ecohealth's pandemic Eric era activities. So I mean this whole thing, and I mean, what a great conversation about the pandemic and what was happening during that time. And it's amazing how much how much was out there and how much was forgotten. And in real time there were people saying this isn't right. These things should not be happening this way. And what I was saying during all this was that the government has gone too far. You've got too many people. And it happened here in Ohio, and it happened in another states who were drunk with power that they normally didn't have, and they just went too far with some of these things. And the whole notion about suspending the constitution in order to deal with this pandemic. We cannot let that happen again. So we got to get to a quick break here and then we'll take some of your phone calls five one, three, seven, fifty five hundred as we wrap up this final segment of Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas on the fifty five KRC morning show, The Talk Station.
Speaker 3: Leaks Clogs low Water Practice eight forty nine.
Speaker 1: On this Monday morning, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas five one three seven fifty five hundred. If you want to weigh in this morning, let's go to Milford and say hey to Steve. Steve you're on fifty five KRZ.
Speaker 9: Good morning, great show, Thank you, Steve. I've got a lot of research on vaccines, especially coronavirus, and the truth is out there. There are a lot of medical truth tellers. The people at risk from COVID nineteen were the elderly with comorbidities, compromise immune systems. Young people were not at risk and the vaccine was a greater risk to them than the disease.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I mean, Steve, I think you're right about that. But the thing is, and I and I touched on this with brad winstrip is that why if you remember why all this was going on, a lot of this stuff was being called out in real time, and the and just the idea that you would suggest something different, or you would suggest that something needs to be looked at aside or something that was different from the official government narrative was put down, was frowned upon, You were maligned, you were made fun of. No, we have to trust the science that comes from where only the government and nowhere else. And that is I mean that that is so far from the American way, so far from the things that make our country great. And that's the sort of thing that I was railing against the entire time the pandemic was going on.
Speaker 3: I agree with you one hundred percent, Steve. I appreciate you checking in today, Thank you very much. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the I mean, and the and the report and the thumbnail sketch that the brad Winstrop put out was just fantastic. And I'll go back to the origins of the coronavirus and the most likely it's most likely that the coronavirus emerged from a lab and will hunt China. And they've got a lot of great points here. They make five different points in this and Number one, the virus possesses a biological or possesses a biological charistic that is not found in nature. That to me seems like pretty conclusive evidence that the virus came from the lab. Number two, data shows that all COVID nineteen cases stem from a single introduction into humans. This runs contrary to previous pandemics where multiple spillover events. Number three, Wuhan is the home of China's foremost Stars Research Lab, which has a history of conducting gain of function research at inadequate biosafety levels. Number four Wuhan Institute of Virology researchers were sick with a COVID like virus in the fall of twenty nineteen, months before COVID nineteen team was discovered at the wet market. And I can remember back to those days where we first heard a few scattered reports of this, and I remember watching what I might have been CNN one night and there was a commentator on CNN and this was probably in October or November of that year, and this commentator on CNN said, after the first of the year, this, this Wuhan virus, this China virus, is going to be the major story that everyone is talking about. And I remember thinking to myself at the time, I don't think that's right. You know, these medical stories, these virus stories, and right like the.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 1: The what was that one called Joe with the cow not the cow virus? Yeah, mad cow, that's it. Remember the mad cow that was out there for what about two or three weeks and everyone was all concerned about the mad cow. All the jokes are being made and everything that went away after a short amount of time. I thought this would go the same way back then, but of course it did not, and we're still talking about it today.
Speaker 3: Number five.
Speaker 1: By nearly all measures of science, if there was evidence of a natural origin, it would have already surfaced. So I look at this and there's I guess we still need to sort of cross that final threshold before we can say that it definitively came from a lab. But Brad Windsurp was great on that, and I want to thank him once again for being here today. You can look for him to do future shows with Brian Thomas on this, and I mean, there is just so much to talk about from the five hundred plus page report that his committee has put out. In any case, that is going to do it for me. I am out of here. Joe Strecker, thank you for everything, Thanks for having me in. And later this month I get to do a couple of more days of the Brian Thomas Show, so I am certainly looking forward to that. Until next time, all the best to you. Have a great day, and we'll see you next time here on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Your voice.
Speaker 8: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Your country gives us all some what to think about fifty five KRC, the talk station. This report is sponsored by my