Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're here with a man that is going to make his season debut tomorrow after a long roadback recovering from Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 3: That is the one and only Emit Shean Emmett. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: All Right, So here it is tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: You're making return to the mound after Tommy John rehab.
Speaker 3: How excited? Are you?
Speaker 4: Super excited?
Speaker 1: It was a long road and you know, I'm just I'm ready to get back out there for sure.
Speaker 3: What was the toughest part of this process for you?
Speaker 1: I'd say probably the toughest part was like not being able to contribute last year and not being around the guys for a full years. That's takes a toll on you. But we had a good group in Arizona, so that helped a lot.
Speaker 2: How did you handle all that with the run the team made winning the World Series?
Speaker 1: I mean it it was kind of like a weird feeling because you're so fired up, but it's also like, wow, I wish I could have been a part of that, But yeah, hopefully I can do my part and maybe be a part of it this year.
Speaker 2: All right, since we're talking about that, I'm curious where certain people were when Freddie Freeman hit his walk off Grand Slam in Game one of the World Series. Where was Emit shean watching that game?
Speaker 1: I was in Kyle Hurt's house. I was living with Kyle Hurt and Nick Frosso at the time, so we were watching over there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: What was the feeling like amongst you three watching that game and watching that at bad and just watching Nestor Cortes come in after Mookie Betts was walked intentionally?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you can't describe it. It was just like an insane feeling. Everyone was jumping around and going crazy.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was. It was really cool.
Speaker 2: Where were you when the Dodgers clinched in New York for Game five?
Speaker 1: I was back home in Arizona still too. Actually, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Did you have a mini celebration amongst you guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, well we were all really fired up.
Speaker 2: Any popping up champagne to recreate the feeling?
Speaker 4: No, no, no popping to champagne, none of that.
Speaker 3: How are you going to control your emotions tomorrow night?
Speaker 4: I'm it.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you're an emotional guy? Will you even have to control the emotion?
Speaker 1: No, I don't feel like I'm too emotional out there ever. I feel like being here before and getting some good experience in twenty three helps a lot with going out there, kind of knowing what to expect, and just once I get out there and I see a hitter in the boxes, all just compete.
Speaker 2: So what have you learned about yourself during this process?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, it was a long time. It was.
Speaker 1: A lot of hard work, and yeah, I'm just happy to be done with it at this point.
Speaker 2: You were being very coy with your answers the other day, But I'm just curious. When you're going through this process, it gives you a time to examine who you are as a picture. Did you do you feel when you show up tomorrow night you're a better picture, a smarter pitcher than you were the last time you took the mound?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I mean I feel like the health thing is, you know, the main thing there. I'm completely healthy now, which is great. I think I'm just a little smarter than I was. I got to watch a lot of baseball while I was sitting here Arizona, so as you pick up on different things, and yeah, physically I feel like everything's a little bit better.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, are you bigger and stronger than you were?
Speaker 4: Maybe a little bit? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Did you put your efforts into just trying to be a bigger, stronger, more physical pitcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, especially with like the shoulder and the forearm rehab stuff, just trying to bulletproof everything around the elbow and trying to make sure you like, do everything I can to not have that happen again. That was the main focus for sure.
Speaker 2: Also, you know, you hear pictures talk about the lower half, how important that is to have your legs underneath you.
Speaker 3: Did you put an emphasis on that as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean I was doing you know, our programs that our strength coaches right up for us, and I love those programs and I think I was big on that before. But yeah, definitely still through that process, stayed with it all right.
Speaker 2: When Emitschan watches the Dodgers this year, one of the best records in baseball, despite being a little thin at times in the pitching department, when you watch this team.
Speaker 3: What makes it so special and difficult to beat.
Speaker 1: I think it's the group of guys we have and how close everybody is. Everyone's, you know, lifting each other up at all times. It doesn't matter if you're the biggest superstar out there, you know, the last guy on the team. It's everyone's together. So I think that's what makes it so special.
Speaker 2: When you watch games like last night Otani making his pitching debut with the Dodgers. Were you caught up in the fandom like everybody else here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. It was crazy to watch. I was, you know, to see him go out and do that was insane. I'm just happy I'm here to see it.
Speaker 2: And what was the vibe amongst the team on the bench. It felt like there was standing room only in the dugout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty much how it was. Everyone was just up on the top rail. You saw everyone in the bowl was standing up to the whole time. Everyone's hanging on every pitch. So that's kind of how it was down here too.
Speaker 3: Well, be like that tomorrow night for you, m it shean.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll see.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you're thinking about picking up a bat and telling Dave, you know, hey, we don't need the DH tonight.
Speaker 3: We don't need Otani tonight. I'm taking the lumber.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I'm not I'm not too good of a hitter. I got five hundred on Basin pro Ball, though.
Speaker 3: So okay, yeah, who counting No.
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks a lot for the time, Congratulations on making it back, and certainly the future is bright for you. So you're a great guy and everybody's rooting for you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. Thanks David,