Speaker 1: Hey, you want some coary here, want some co hosts who actually are and you can tell that they actually have some type of chemistry going on.
Speaker 2: Heye, cloud chasing. That's cool. I actually got something in mind for you. So keep listening.
Speaker 3: You'll find out.
Speaker 2: This is a Touchdowns and Tangents.
Speaker 4: Is your weekly spot or NFL takes culturally concise and in context for the culture. What's up, good people, It's your Thursday night spot for NFL takes topical tangents and concise commentary for the culture. It's Pete d. Camrio on the Mic with Kenneth Frank James. Can't multitask Barry, I definitely can. That's crazy. All right, well make your selection.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: For those of you who don't know.
Speaker 4: What season, especially fucking over not attendant talk about this week. I mean, we'll get more into the draft than the combine over the next few weeks, but really we just have to talk about that abomination that was the Super Bowl. I mean, soch far them talk at least around our house has been the extracurricular activities, the big games, the food, all that stuff, and of course Kendrick Lamar's half team performance has been analyzed by every single person on social media, because really the game was shit. I mean the Chiefs didn't score until like the fourth quarter, when they were already down three scores. They had a white corner and do a pick six People out here saying Travis Kelsey's cooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened with Trump and President Trump?
Speaker 4: President and getting cheers while Taylor Swift was getting boozed.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what a time Kenny thought some role.
Speaker 3: Personally, I'm just uh glad that they let the dudes play, and like Howard Roseman is a Hall of Fame GM, and I just think what Kevin Moore being the head coach of the Saints, It's gonna be very interesting how Philly rebuilds that uh that roster.
Speaker 2: Who they decide to let go. Yeah, they have a lot of decisions. To me, who retires, who gets traded.
Speaker 4: On sweat? Are all free agents? Grahams free agent? A. J. Brown's tripping again, so what it's time to be alive? But shout out to Jalen hurts Man. Yeah, it just keeps proving people wrong. It's a Super Bowl winning quarterback, MVP guy actually help me him up early.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anything else you want to talk about as far as the super Bowl, people really don't understand. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: People really just don't understand, uh how some of this is supposed to play out when.
Speaker 2: It comes to.
Speaker 3: The fan favorite super Bowl. Everybody's mad about ticket prices. You chose to go, chose to go and spend your money, so you can't really be complaining. I mean that's a big deal. Like you get what you pay for. Stop complaining about shit. Like if you had fun at the super Bowl, you had fun, But like just know the price is only going to get higher, so you know, people gotta come to stop proplanting about stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I think one of the crazy stories that kind of came out that people were talking about, what's the whole voodoo stuff that someone was doing on the side of the field, like its Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The other crazy part is I think this said Vegas made like twenty two million on the game because the chief sauce.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean I don't remember any of.
Speaker 4: The super commercials to be honest with you, but I was also kind of drunk.
Speaker 3: So that US skinhat commercial was creepy skin had commercial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't like that at all.
Speaker 3: I know that one kind of kind of ill, kind of why are we doing these guys?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 4: You don't want to see Beta Villa and Miles Garrett on the same d Lin, Damn Jonathan Allen and Vide you're at the same age. All right, Well, Kenny and I are doing a fantasy draft. As I mentioned earlier, I'm the Raiders and uh, he is the I mean I'm the Chiefs, He's the Raiders.
Speaker 3: You're the Chargers, bro, I'm the Raiders. You already we have to redo this hard way. Why you got like four picks?
Speaker 2: I didn't. You definitely did. I did, not having much better team than you. Whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh, it just keeps why I somehow switched our teams completely. I don't know why you took Joe Thuney in the fifth round and Lane Johnson Erroll and hello.
Speaker 2: You king. I know what I'm doing. Damn. I might take Derrick Henry and just stack him just to be the ayeshole. You have to start him. If you haven't, just gets.
Speaker 4: Zach Martin and create an OPO line. I should where you got Mike Evans a receiver in a corner, though it's hard to cart why. Much like quarterbacks all they're all gone already. Literally every capable corner is gone.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 4: Someone took fucking Michael Pennix. Yeah they did, those fuckers.
Speaker 2: You're waiting for him too. Yep.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't like this ship, because like they take quarterbacks way too high in the draft. Yeah, some kill on the board, but all the quarterbacks are going. That doesn't make any sense. Jacob's still on the board. It's like born Bro fucking still up front. Gonna be shitty in the backfield.
Speaker 4: But anything else that we should talk about this week as far as trending news topics.
Speaker 2: Not about college football, it's.
Speaker 3: Been pretty quiet pretty much, just Pro Days and the Combine coming up. Working had a record twelve dudes get invited to the to the Carbine.
Speaker 4: Combine is in what two weeks? Three February twenty seventh, damn, what's coming first two weeks? It's coming fast.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll see what happens. The Raiders finalized their coaching staff. That was kind of a big thing in the Raider Nation world. I think, overall, man, what's a chance you're already him? You wanted to switch, You're already him? Anyways, thank you always knew I was him. I just wanted somebody to get from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the Raiders finalized their coaching staff.
Speaker 4: There were a couple holdovers, a couple of people that they brought back.
Speaker 2: The dB coach, quarterback coach.
Speaker 4: Both had previously stints with the Silver and Black Pete Carroll Rod his sons in. There's a couple of guys with some ties on how State. I think the D line coach or linebackers coach is tied to the Commanders.
Speaker 2: Joe Philvin's on the squad.
Speaker 4: So overall, just a well rounded coaching staff, a lot of different backgrounds, a lot of different schemes. I feel like the way this is, I mean, based off of what we've seen the Buccaneers do in the past, couple of iterations, based off of what we've seen Seattle do with Russell Wilson and Juno Smith.
Speaker 2: I think the Raiders are really going.
Speaker 4: To build around a veteran quarterback and then probably draft someone in the second to middle rounds and see if they can develop him.
Speaker 2: But I think it's gonna come down to Justin Fields.
Speaker 4: I think he makes a lot of sense with all state connections and Chip Kelly. Outside of that, I mean Aaron Rodgers. I mean, as much as people want to say he's a distraction, I think he had a pretty good gear considering what he bounced back from. And then after that, I mean you got Jamis, which I mean he has ties to the assistant GM. And then you got Russell Wilson, which has ties to Pete Carroll Gino Smith, which I'm not I don't really want, but I mean he'd be better than Gardner Missieu.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Outside of that, man, I think the big the big stuff going on with the Rams kind of been uh just Cooper cup watch. I mean, people still just he sent out a whole message basically saying goodbye to the team, doesn't expect to be there. The president, Kevin demof went on the radio and was like, you know, like off the brakes. We haven't made any decisions yet. Season just ended. See what happens. But you know, he told us his position, we told him ours, so just kind of have to leave it at that for now.
Speaker 2: But you never know what will happen. So that's that.
Speaker 4: And then the Chargers, I mean they have a ton of free agents. They got to figure out poon forwarding a couple of their receivers. I think one of their linemen are all kind of headed towards free agency, so uh, they're gonna have to figure that out. And I mean the Niners also have a ton of free agents, their safety green Law. They just cut the defensive tackle Dee Will Samuel's demanded the trade, so there's gonna be a lot of movement this offseason. I think, what do you think, Kenny.
Speaker 3: A lot of guys are gonna have to sign if they're a team guys or if they want to get paid. And I think the Chiefs are definitely gonna lose some guys. I don't see how trade Smith doesn't get enough money to argue to play tackle because he can play tackle.
Speaker 2: He's six ' six. But we'll see. It was very.
Speaker 4: Interesting, and as I alluded to earlier, I mean, the Jet said they're going to move on from Aaron Rodgers. Basically, they kind of put their line in the sand and said, hey, if you don't stop going on Pat McAfee, if you don't go to all camp, you can't be here.
Speaker 2: Rogers said he can't do that.
Speaker 4: Everyone's just been talking about if he's going to retire or not, because it's been a real slow news week. Honestly, I don't think he's decided yet. I don't think he will. I think he played too well to be out there. But I also think that if he really doesn't have the competitive spirit, he's not gonna do it. But honestly, I think he does want to win a few more games, so I expect him to be back where he will sign. I don't know, might be a situation to where you know, it might not come until the middle of the season, when there's.
Speaker 2: Kind of a.
Speaker 4: When there's kind of a desperation play, someone gets hurt, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Otherwise, outside of that, franchise tag deadline coming up soon, right, do you know the day for that, Gunny?
Speaker 2: Did that? Trade deadlines? No tax tags?
Speaker 3: Oh, franchise tags, Yeah, transition. I feel like there's just way less fan fait, Like there's.
Speaker 4: No what I'm asking If you know what the date is, That's how I'm asking.
Speaker 3: Oh, uh No, I don't know the top of my head. But it's definitely like in the next month Aaron Rodgers. Definitely, the places he could go would be crazy.
Speaker 2: Did you take the last pick I took Derrick Henry.
Speaker 4: Jeez, he's a ninety ninety. He was so still available all this time. Wow, crazy work. I don't really know where to go. Kind of filled out my team's identity, but I still have a lot of massive holes, so it's kind of awkward.
Speaker 3: I think Kevin Byrd was on the Titans, so wa was on the Eagles. I think he gets a ring too.
Speaker 2: Damn. That's crazy. Just damn fuck it.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna take to Higgins. Mhm have a quarterback. I have two solid receivers.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 4: Let's see. Josh Jacobs is still on the boarder is crazy? Damn sure, I just take a road.
Speaker 2: It's hurt. If he gets hurt, you're gonna be so mad. You want to thank Jamis Cowards. Did you take a quarterback yet? I already took a quarter right? What you did? It's Againthty Richards. Damn you got something through some guards.
Speaker 3: That's the funny thing though about like I mean, aside from the whole PlayStation server going down, you really think about it, Dudes care more about all pros. It's almost like the Pro bowls irrelevant. And that's where I like the game. Coming back to these dudes generally care about All Pro. They get mad about it, especially with the NFL honors Josh Allen Win an MVP but not even being a first team All Pro.
Speaker 2: Like it's showing that these guts care and I like that. I like it a lot. You'd like that they care because of what what I'm confused.
Speaker 3: I like that they care and they're going back to like, hey, this shit matters, This game matters. Thought about the Pro Bowl, not like the Pro Bowl is becoming irrelevant because dudes care more about the All pros they can opt by everybody getting paid, betting paid and being confused on what your point is. I'm no, I'm an observation. It's not a point. The observation is that, like, these dudes genuinely care more about straight up just the best at their position and then getting paid rather than, oh yeah, let me get a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of Pro Bowls.
Speaker 3: Like I felt like this air is just this generation of ballers coming into the league. They're just different, Like they know everybody's working together. They still trying to take each other's head off, but like there's there's like, you know, more respect, Like it's not as barbaric as it used to be like, there's more superstars at every position than ever before, dudes with big personalities all that. It's kind of crazy. Yeah, it's just that's just my observation.
Speaker 4: Anything else, Yeah, I guess. So we can just get to our rans and just keep the speak show light. I mean, I'm sure people are fired of hearing about the super Bowl anyways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's about to be All Star Weekend. Nobody cares about the All Star Weekend. Story week Nobody knows losing the dunk contest.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell you where it is. It's kind of a joke, I think San Francisco. Yeah it is, you're right, kind of a joke. Nobody cares because yes, it was just kind of a joke.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna start off my re real quick. My birthday is February nineteenth. I'll be thirty three. Special time in my life. I'm truly blessed and grateful for everybody in it play the role and help me make me a better person. Because I was a crash out. I was born to crash out. I'm a crash out right now. Honestly, I'm just thankful God gave me the opportunity to see the air in my ways, and then once you see the air in your ways, it's up to you to change. So I'm thankful, you know, I'm at that point thank for everybody in my life. Uh by myself a little something nice. My mom hooked me up, bought me some really nice shit. Got the mellows, the lamellos, so I'm excited. I got the lamelos, the strawberry lemonades.
Speaker 2: And me and the Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 3: As soon as I saw the deer turtles always cried a little bit because me and my grandfather watched Ninja Turtles so much growing up, like I could he could literally just mute the TV and I.
Speaker 2: Could just mimic all the voices so like.
Speaker 3: And then to see my nephews, uh Nico and Isaiah, Isaiah getting bigger as ever.
Speaker 2: He punched me in the ear today. He hit me so hard.
Speaker 3: I think that's why I'm still dizzy and my equilibrium was off and the side of my head kind of hurts because he punched me so hard, like in the right side of the bottom part of my right ear lobe or my left ear lobe. Like I'm still kind of out of it. He fucked me up. A three year old hit me with a punch so hard I contemplated whooping his ass.
Speaker 2: I love my nephew.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it, but man, he hit me and he was just playing like he was just It's just funny. Like when I was a kid, I look back on all the shit I did. My mom gets looks at me sometimes it gets mad at me. She's like, you don't even remember all the shit you did as a kid. You did some shit that just situationally unbelievable, and now he's doing it. He's even worse. It's just funny. How life for pizza tough. You know, they say history, history doesn't repeat itself, but it does.
Speaker 2: Rhyme. So thankful.
Speaker 3: Everybody excited for my birthday coming up, and I can't wait to see the new Captain America. I'm really I'm football season's over. I'm off it on to the next thing, trying to prep for this college football season that's coming up, because I'm getting those national championship credentials by twenty twenty seven, no doubt about it. Or I'm just fucking out of here. It's over. Psych I'm kidding Mustard. By the way, everybody talking shit about Serena Williams. Shut up because Drake all he do is talk about women and do bump shit. So, yeah, she danced on that motherfucker's grave, crip walking at the super Bowl. You're a Black History Month, by the way, she had family murdered, her sister was murdered. I've just heard a lot of ignorant ass, stupid ass comments from people that makes me go, that's why you're not like us. Kendrick was not was talking to black people when he said that talking to all black people. It's okay if you're not black and you like the song and you can relate, but understand you're not like us, and that's okay. But like everybody can identify when somebody's being a whole ass little bit, regardless of your ethnicity or background, you know, like somebody who you just don't like, like, yo, why are you an ad?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Why are you like this? In any race or group of people. So, you know, he rapped for the city, He went for himself. You know, it was beautiful for everybody involved. And people who say that that was the worst halftime show ever, you're uncultured as fuck.
Speaker 4: Joshjakats to the Patriots is fucking disgusting in this by the way, in the tenth round. Yeah, the Patriots got Josh Jacobs in the tenth round.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I mean it's been an interesting week for me and going through some life changes. I think it's kind of been a humbling experience for me, and ego death just kind of costs me to kind of look at myself in the mirror and ask myself what part of I played and some of the things that I'm currently experienced, you know, what kind of takeaways and parallels can I draw based off of previous experiences that I've had. I'm starting to do some of that work and.
Speaker 2: Something. And it's also light just to know, like, hey, kind of just.
Speaker 4: I'm really good at moving forward and continuing to move, but sometimes I kind of just got to be present and just kind of be where my toes at and feel the moment and enjoy the moment. Yeah, things go by fast, and I found myself just kind of caught in a wheel trying to always maintain, maintain, and maintain, and you know, I don't have a lot to show for it other than a lot of war ruins and lack of sleep. So For me, I'm just trying to kind of be more president in my own mind, just kind of understand my surroundings and opportunities that are presented.
Speaker 2: With me every day. Being grateful for those what I'm focusing on over these next few weeks.
Speaker 4: Anyways, this Touchdouts and Tangents. We got a short show fee this week. We'll be back in a couple of weeks. Catch us on Twitter and Instagram, TD's underscore Tangents, Touchdouts Attachments dot Com.
Speaker 2: We're out Peace