Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company. Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day, Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: The anxiousness in me is rising as we get closer and closer to Saturday afternoon, and again it just feels off to say, this is a big game Louisville Georgia Tech. But it's the biggest game up to this point. It's the first time we're going to see this team really challenged in any way, and usually we get to see that. Earlier I talked, I mean, I remember throughout the summer, even maybe in the spring, looking at Louisville schedule, thinking to myself, wait a second. Usually we've got some opponent that's got a pulse that we've heard of, that we know a little bit about within the first few weeks, and we had That's why there was that. I mean again, it's such a random, meaningless fact, but it made it make a little more sense to me as to why I just felt so off to be this late in the year and not really know if you are decent, really good, really bad. I mean again, even Saturday won't tell us the whole story. You got a lot of ball left play, but It's been a long time since Louisville has been in this situation where they're this far into a season where they've already had a buy and they've yet to be tested really in any way. So that's not a bad thing. That's not a negative on the team. It's just, you know, it's how.
Speaker 3: It played out.
Speaker 2: So George Tech is a big game in the fact that it's a conference game. It'll give you a chance to retain your top twenty five status. And I think Georgia Tech right now. You know, somebody asked a good question earlier, and I'll answer it as best I can by leading with the fact that I you know, it's tough to know who's really good it all right now, but I think it. You know, you've got twelve teams on your schedule. I would say Georgia Tech, from what we know right now, is a top five team on your schedule.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we're just basing it off of what we know right now, And again, it's early, and you can say that it's early when it comes to teams who've already played, like a couple of legitimate opponents that were tested. But right now, I think Miami's the best team on your schedule from what we've seen. After that, I don't know where I would go. I mean, part of me says, well, by default, it's going to be Notre Dame with they just lost at home to Northern Illinois, I would say tied for second. I'm going to put Notre Dame in Clemson, and then I would put I put Kentucky and Georgia Tech maybe tied for third or I guess tied for fourth. So yeah, I mean again, it's early. Maybe that changes in a month and it looks totally different, but yeah, this is with this being one of the top five teams you're going to play on your schedule, that does add some significance to it. Because let's say you beat Virginia, SMU, Boston College, Stanford, Pittsburgh, Like, you're not going to get a lot of credit for those victories because that's what you're supposed to do, beat those teams that everybody believes is going to be bad. Boston College I should, I should give a little more respect to but I don't think SMU is any good at all. Virginia is really bad, Stanford's really bad. Pittsburgh they they've got a couple of wins against Big twelve teams, but I still don't think they're very good. Better than last year though, for certain. So yeah, I mean, this win isn't going to be one that maybe down the line people say, Okay, Louisville should be in line and as one of those at large spots in the playoff because they beat Georgia Tech. But still, I mean, there's gonna be more value there potentially than than the majority of the other games on your schedule. So the cards in the Yellow Jackets three point thirty on Saturday, We've got you covered.
Speaker 3: When it comes to game day coverage.
Speaker 2: The Louisville Football pregame Show hosted by myself will start at two thirty presented by Pellow Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky and Jefferson Animal Hospital. Will go for an hour, taking you up till kickoff and then as soon as the game ends, come back here to us at Sports Talk seven ninety for the Louisville Football postgame show presented by Alex R. White Attorneys. So Distracted Driver dot Com will react to whatever it is that happens, and here's to hoping that it is a big victory for the Cards. All right, this is Coffee and Company. We are feel about Thornton's here on Sports Talks seven ninety Nick Coffee, that's me the company man, mister John all on alongside, and at five point thirty we're gonna be joined by Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider to get his thoughts on the slate. As they say, a football to bet on, and there's a lot of football to bet on starting tonight. So we'll talk to Brian coming up here in about twenty minutes or so. But I do want to give you the latest on Colin Lacey. So Jeff Brown last night on his Coaches show gave an encouraging update with in regards to Colin Lacey that I was not expecting, but it's certainly encouraging. Quote says Colin Lacy is out with a collarbone injury, but he has just started practicing again. He's not clear to play this week, We're hopeful for Notre Dame, if not the week after vers SMU. But he's really come along well. So for obvious reason, there's not a whole lot of like specific details on injuries for Hippa and player privacy and you know, I'm not entitled to know the severity of an injury, but it was kind of weird when they announced Colin Lacey was out with a collar bone. They initially said, was it six to eight weeks? I think that's what they'd said, and then it turned into where, Okay, he's just out an extended period of time, so maybe he is recovering nicely. An it's not clear to play, and even if he is clear to play, that may not mean he's going to be thrown out there to play in a real game. I mean, it may be a gradual thing, so that's encouraging. I mean, I'm not kidding you. I was told by two people that they didn't think he would play it all this year, and that they thought he would be probably getting closer to play towards the very end of the year. And with him being a fourth year guy already, I mean, sorry, a fifth year guy already, it might make more sense for him to just take the red shirt medically and come back and play at Louisville next year. Not to say that that's what he was going to do or what he wanted to do, but when I heard that he may not be availableun till towards the end of the year. I just assumed that might be the most likely option for him, but it sounds like that's not in the mix here because even if he can't play this next not this weekn but next weekend against Notre Dame, if he's good for SMU and he's cleared to play, then you're going to play him.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's very encouraging.
Speaker 2: Again, we don't really know what we're missing because we've never seen him play at Louisville, but this is a weapon that Jeff Brown really liked having. And he started to really not gush and just rave about Colin. But you could tell when asked about Colin Lacy throughout practice in the and on camp started that they were they really liked how comfortable he was getting. And I guess there was some issues, not maybe issues is an exaggeration, but like he he didn't really stand out in Spring the way maybe some people expected. And when I say some people, I'm not talking about Jet Brown, but like it wasn't as if he really looked like, Okay, this guy is special. But you can see what he's done at South Alabama. I mean the guy is I mean he was on these priests. I mean, this is what really was was a punch to the gut for Louisville fans because you know, there's a lot of unknown from the portal that Louisville has on this roster, and so far, I like what we've seen, but again, it's come against guys you don't really know what you know, It's come against opponents that you don't really get a chance to learn much from. So it's it's a question mark at this point with Colin Lacey. You know, I was reminded when I was look at all these preseason All American lists and he was like an honorable mention All American by some publications. And when it comes to the All American teams that are you know, the all portal teams essentially in the preseason just because of what he did at South Alabama is insane statistics. I mean, he was getting a lot of love. So again, even if he doesn't translate to the level at Louisville like he performed at South Alabama, he's still somebody that is going to help you. And who knows, maybe it does translate.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 2: I mean, let me give you an example, Quincy Riley. I know he plays a different position. That's a guy who transferred to Louisville from Middle Tennessee State and he's become one of the best defensive backs in the country, certainly in the ACC. So encouraging update there on Colin Lacy. All Right, so real quick, something I wanted to mention on the Kentucky side. Earlier today, Mark Stoops was on KSR to announce that they're Blue White Game. All the money going towards the Blue White Game Memorial Coliseum is going to go towards their basketball programs in il collective, which you got a chance to put a lot of money in that nil bank account for your hoops program by doing that. And I don't bring it up to like act as if Kentucky's taken steps that louisll and other schools aren't, because everybody's situation is different.
Speaker 3: Like some people may not be.
Speaker 2: Able to do that, Like some schools, and I know Louisville is probably not one of them, but some schools would not really be able to just fund what it takes to put that event on and not keep any of the money. Kentucky's obviously in a little bit of a different situation, so it's not just Kentucky. And I hate doing it because they're the rival. I don't want to be giving them credit, but I'll give credit words too. I think this is a good idea and it's going to give them a chance to raise a lot of money. And we know NIOL money is very important, and it will still be important even when schools have to start paying players. It's still going to be very much a big part of how all this works. Now, well, these guys make as much money as they are now, I don't know. I don't know if we really know how much money any of these guys are truly making, to be honest with you, But if you've got a group of thirty to fifty college basketball schools that all have relative that are all getting the same level of investment from the athletic department, meaning every one of these schools in the Power five was able to round up the money to max out and spread twenty two million across all of their athletes, and I'm sure it's not going to be divided evenly.
Speaker 3: But still at that.
Speaker 2: Point, you're just back to where we are right now. Right playing fields lead is even nil is still going to be able to put you over the top to get big transfers and get kids out of high school and whatnot. So NIL is always going to matter.
Speaker 3: It's important.
Speaker 2: And another thing that UK did that I think is brilliant and I wouldn't be able to even ballpark the amount of money they can pull in from this, But this is a really good idea that it shows, in my opinion, some selflessness from an athletic department that needs money. I mean Kentucky and U of L and even Indiana schools like that. Around here, they're not hurting for money at all compared to like smaller schools that really are potentially going to have to look into cutting sports whenever this happens. But if you donate, you know, season tickets at u of L, they require a donation season tickets that UK or to acquire a donation. And what UK did is they if you ended up donating five K, ten K, whatever the donation is, whatever the donation is to get season tickets, if you donate that amount of money to one of their collectives, that counts as your donation for your season tickets. So I mean that that's I'm really surprised anybody's doing that because that donation money. I mean that that that's a lot of money. And they in these schools have been used to having that annual chunk of money from season ticket donations. And you can think about what you're doing. You're not paying for a season, I mean you have to you have to donate to be able to buy the tickets, right, which, again, anytime I just say that out loud, I'm like, man, college sportsmans are the biggest suckers. I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm just telling you that. But like, think about that. You got to pay me a donation just to be able to get a ticket, and that donation's.
Speaker 3: Actually a donation at that point. Yeah, I mean, what is it? Like it's I mean, it isn't calling it a scam, but is it. It kind of feels like it, right yeah? So and again like what that in?
Speaker 2: What that's done psych From a psychological standpoint, I think I think people would be more willing to get season tickets if they could afford it knowing that, because at least they can think, okay, well I know where this five to ten K is going, it's going to a pool of money to where we can go get good players. If you're just giving it to the school to add on to what you're already paying them for the ticket, like you kind of feel like you're getting scammed. So anyways, I don't want to nerd on it nerd out on it too much. We're a big college market around here, we all know that. But I am always fascinated by the different creative things that are done by schools when it comes to NIL, and it's not changing again, it's not going anywhere. I think there's a belief that if, when, if, and when this bill passes in the schools are on the hook to pay student athletes that NIL goes away. No, it's going to be, you know, it's going to be really the cherry on top. It could be really what puts you over the edge with other schools, because again, you got to keep in mind, if you're going after a highly regarded transfer, there's a good chance that highly regarded transfer is gonna be considering top tier schools, right, and those top tier schools are probably all doing the exact same thing from a monetary standpoint as far as the school paying the student athletes their revenue share. So then you're right back to again where we are, where it's who's got the biggest bag when it comes to nil? All right, Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider is going to join us, coming up here in just a few minutes. But before we do that, let's talk. Let's talk about tonight's matchup, shall we? In Thursday night football? Not a sexy matchup in my opinion, but you know, it's got Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. They're a big market team, and I don't I feel like there's no team with less of an identity than the Patriots right now because they've got Jacoby Brisset as they're starting quarterback, a career journeyman. They've got a new head coach whose name I keep forgetting that nobody expected to be in the mix for that job, but here he is. They got off to a decent start where they nearly beat the Seahawks last week, and they beat the Bengals in Cincinnati to start the year. But like to me, they just seem like a team that is going through the biggest like rebuilding of their identity of anybody in the NFL right now, and more than anything. It's just because they were it was. It was Belichick for so long and Brady for so long, and now obviously Belichick's gone and they have already moved on from the quarterback they brought into replace Tom Brady. So yesterday you guys heard me talking about what I was gonna do on the Underdog Fantasy app and I already did that. But today I'm gonna build a smaller pick them here, but it's gonna be I'm gonna put a little bit more on it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Some people call it units, Right, I'm gonna I got two units on this or it's a one unit play if you for those who don't know what that what that means. And maybe everybody bets different amounts anytime they bet. In fact, John, when you bet parlays, you don't have to tell me the amount of money, But do you bet the same amount each time?
Speaker 3: Usually?
Speaker 1: Same here?
Speaker 4: On how many legs it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, same here.
Speaker 2: So for me and I have no problem saying it as I've grown a little bit as a better and you know, I've had some success like I usually if I'm going to do if I'm going to do it two to three leg parlay, I'll usually throw twenty bucks down. If I'm going to do a four leg parlay, which of course is much harder to get, I'll put ten down, And of course that's a good investment if it ends up coming back and winning. So ten, let's say your units are ten dollars. You got two units on it your bed, and twenty you got three units on it. You're really confident you're putting three down. So if you've never wondered what people mean when they say that's that's what that is. So I'll put a little more units on this one because there's not as many plays that need to actually hit. So before we dive in and tell you what it is I'm going to get to, let me tell you about the folks at Underdog Fantasy. Over a million fans across thirty three states got in on the game last year. By competing on Underdog, you can went up to one thousand times your money just by choosing high or lower on your favorite player stats touchdowns, passing yards, receptions, etc.
Speaker 3: You guys know the drill.
Speaker 2: You just got to look at what they've got set for the number, and you think, okay, am I going higher or am I going lower. So again yesterday I got greedy. I didn't put as much on it, but you know I had six different picks. What I'm gonna do here as far as this pick, well, multiple picks to make the play here. Let's uh, I'm so tempted to take Rogers with an interception, but then again, like he's Rogers, like maybe he said even like quarterbacks can have a great game and still have an interception included on the stat line, like that's not unheard of, But I don't have the stones to do it. So in fact, what I'm going to do is I'm going to Uh, I'm gonna stick with one of the picks from yesterday. I'm going higher than two hundred and sixteen and a half passing yards for Aaron Rodgers, And I feel pretty good about that. And I know, like projections don't show that to be you know that that'll play out. In fact, I keep seeing people say take the under, referencing different formulas that they use, but you know, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So for receiving yards for Collins, the receiver for uh, nevermind, that's the wrong game pulled up there. Yeah, and again you can pick anything you want if you go to the underdog fantasy app, but you go to each game in the NFL each week, or college football, you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: You don't have to do NFL.
Speaker 2: You do college I mean, you can do basketball when that starts. But for me, I'm doing Tonight's action on the NFL, and I mentioned I'm gonna go I'm gonna go higher on the passing yards for uh for for Aaron Rodgers and Bresee Hall, I'm actually gonna go higher on receptions for him, which is set it four and a half. So right now I've got two picks in this matchup. In order to make the play, you have to have at least one pick on each side. So right now I can't do that because both of my picks are from the same team. So I've got to add somebody on the Patriots side. And that's where I'm having a tough time because again they're an unknown to me. They got a lot of new pieces they I mean to me, I think they're wildly unknown. But what I am going to do is I'm going to go with another higher pick here, and this time it's going to be for rushing yards for Antonio Gibson. I'm going higher than twenty three and a half rushing yards for Antonio Gibson. So again those three picks, let me make a play and I'll just give you. You know, here's how I would play out. Let's say, because there's not as many of these, right, So if I just do my standard one unit play here, that's not gonna pay me a whole lot. But if I add two units and make it a twenty dollars play, if those three things end up happening, that's a big payout. We're talking one hundred and twenty eight dollars on a twenty dollars on a twenty dollars play. So again, it's Underdog Fantasy, and if you've never played before, there's no better time than right now to sign up. It's super easy to do. Making picks on Underdog is straight forward. I mean, the sign up process is super easy. Their app is very easy to use. The interface, it's very self explanatory. So just head over to Underdog's app download it, or go to Underdog Fantasy dot com and sign up with the code Nick seven ninety again Nick seven ninety, and Underdog is gonna give you a free pick to use on your first cash Champion entry, plus up to one thousand dollars in bonus cash when you deposit.
Speaker 3: So hey, let's say, hey, this is fun. I like doing this.
Speaker 2: I like making these picks, choosing high or lower on these players. I'm gonna put in twenty bucks, They're gonna give you twenty bucks in bonus cash. Let's say you put in fifty bucks, they're gonna give you a fifty bucks bonus cash. You put in five bucks, they'll give you five bucks. So they'll match whatever you put in, So take advantage of that. Now, again, let's say you end up taking advantage of the of the free pick they gave you, which of course you know is great. But then eventually you run out, Well, just know you should even if you're gonna take advantage of the free pick they're giving you, which again, look at the look at.
Speaker 3: This, look at this deal you're getting.
Speaker 2: You get a free pick, but also they're going to match money you put in, So put in some money, put in ten bucks, they'll give you ten bucks, And that way you've got some money to utilize if in fact, your first free pick doesn't go right. So talk about risk free here, right, You know, you get a free pick, and if not you've added ten bucks, they'll give you ten more to add towards some money for you to start with. So again it's Underdog Fantasy. The promo code is NICK seven ninety. Again Nick seven ninety. This is for first time users only. When you sign up, must be eighteen up in president in president in a state where Underdog Fantasy operates. Terms apply concern with your play called winn in or gamble or visit NCP Gambling dot org. All right, we didn't get in a lot of time to get we we didn't have any time to get into our picks. Which that's okay because I would imagine your parlays for college football this week and John do not include South Alabama and app State. They do not, okay, So we can save that for tomorrow if we don't have much time later on. But I do want to get to a break. We'll bring him in on the other side, he's Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider dot com to talk about this weekend's action a lot of football, and that's that's good stuff, right, So stick with us right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, it's coffee and company fuel. Best Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven to ninety. Appreciate you guys hanging out with us. Who do we have here?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: This was?
Speaker 3: This is Sting Sting, Yeah, highlight headlining tonight.
Speaker 2: I should say, yeah, I second guessed myself here, knowing that Sting was was a late addition to the music festival Bourbon and Beyond, which is in town today, tomorrow and uh Saturday and Sunday as well. But I've been so wrong and so confident about some of the artists you play when we come back from break and I just made myself look like a fool. So I just I thought i'd ask there instead of potentially looking like an idiot. But yeah, Sting one of the bigger names in the entire festivals. Right of course that's going on from these next four days. All right, let's talk some football, shall we. Let's bring him in. He's Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider. Brian, how we doing this afternoon?
Speaker 3: My friend doing outstanding?
Speaker 5: What's happening? We?
Speaker 2: Uh, we're ready for some football around here. I'll tell you this man, when it comes to uh, Louisville football, rare start to the season. They're two to zero, but you don't know anything about them. They've played Austin p and Jacksonville State. They had a bye week in week three. So this Georgia Tech matchup will be maybe not a huge test, but certainly their first test. And this this Georgia Tech team under Brent Key, they really thrive in spots like this, right, underdogs double digits even you know, I know we had already talked about this matchup specifically, but what would you guess is the reason why this thing is hovering above ten right now because I think most people think Louisville should win. But that's a lot of points for Georgia Tech team that's already shown to be pretty solid this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Louisville's very highly power rated amongst you know, every set of rankings that I've seen. I've got them at eighteen. I have Georgia Tech.
Speaker 1: Where do I have Georgia Tech.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've got them at forty one. So but I like Georgia Tech here. Like you were saying with Brent Key, he's been incredible as an underdog. Thirteen and three gets the spread with ten outright wins as a double digit underdog seven and three ats with five outright wins, and Haynes King was a turnover machine at A and M as a young quarterback first couple of seasons, and he actually led the acc and interceptions last year, you know, despite having a pretty good year otherwise, I mean led them to their first Bowl game since twenty eighteen or two. Yeah, twenty eighteen, and their first bowl wins. It's twenty sixteen. But right now he's playing like an All American seventy six point four completion percentage, nine hundred and sixty two passing yards six to one TDI and T Ratio also has one hundred and fifty eight rushing yards, three touchdowns, six point three yards per terry average. I've got I've got Georgia Tech at ten and a half looks like it's looks DraftKings has moved to eleven, but there's a ten at Caesars most other books at ten and a half. I like the Yellow Jackets catching the big number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't want to make Louisville fans think that I'm doubting their team and that that you know, I don't think that the Cards can have a good year I just I've got a lot of respect for Brent Key and this Georgia Tech team, and I think their their spot against q SO who was understandable for them to come out flat. So yeah, I'm not going to touch this one. But if I did, and I you know I had to, you know, my my financial situation depended on it, I would I would lean.
Speaker 3: The Yellow Jackets as well.
Speaker 2: Before we get back into the college side of things tonight, we've got the Pats at the Jets.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like this, uh, this this.
Speaker 2: Team in New England, they seem to be the team more than anybody in the NFL, kind of trying to reform an identity with the guy that was there so long. Now Belichick's gone, They're off to a decent start the Jets. Obviously Aaron Rodgers is there and now he's healthy. Uh you got any action on this Thursday night football matchup tonight?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 5: I'm on the Patriots plus the six. I made the Jets four point favorites. I think we think the line is a little rich here. Patriots had looked good obviously, a really nice win at SINCI, and the Bengals looked great last week at Arrowhead and you know, uh lead at halftime or led you know, big chunks of the game against Seattle last week, and I had the lead in the fourth quarter, but with fifty five seconds left, Seattle, you know, forsd Oht with a field goal and they win it in ot But the Pats have been very feisty running the ball well with Romandre Stevenson. I don't want to give you, you know, a bunch of stats because it's just two games in, but they're up at the top and all the defensive categories right now. And you know, the Jets kind of got a little help from Will Levis last week with his carelessness with the football, but the Jets have not you know, they got smoked at San Francisco, and you know weren't overly impressive last week. That game in Tennessee could have gone either way. So I'll go Pats plus six.
Speaker 2: I know, on the college side of things, this is probably not a huge game in the grand scheme of things, but I know you've got to pick here at play I should say in this Cincinnati Bearcats Houston Cougar's matchup, Scott Saderfield, we don't miss him that much around here. But you know he's he's still got a chance to salvage some things in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: What do you like here?
Speaker 5: I like Cinci a lot here. You know they they should be undefeated. They had a twenty seven to ten lead over Pitt at home with a minute left in the third quarter, but gave up an eighteen to o' run and Pitt.
Speaker 2: Rally for Yeah, I've seen that movie before. Brian here in Louisville and Saderfield was here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I think I remember either a Thursday or Friday night I was on Louisville pretty heavy against Florida State.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Friday night games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we might have even spoke that afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyhow, I will give credit to Sadderfield for this. He got him a heck of a quarterback and Brendan soaresby from Indiana, and he's thrown for eight hundred and sixty seven yards, six touchdowns, no picks. He's also got a pair of rushing touchdowns. I had the Bearcats against Miami, Ohio last week. They covered fairly easily, and I liked them laying three and a half at home to Houston.
Speaker 2: All right, now, my producer is a big time Indiana Hoosier fan, and Kurt Signetti has injected some real life, some enthusiasm not only in his team, but in a fan base that I didn't really know they existed. I know a few Indiana football fans, but now there seems to be a lot more of them because they're having some success. Signetti is a big time winner, but they are one of the bigger favorites in college football over the weekend. You think they could cover.
Speaker 5: Here, I do, And I don't like laying big numbers like this now. Oh gosh, I haven't looked at it in a couple hours. I know some lines had gone to twenty nine, but I got twenty eight and a half earlier in the week, and I bought it to twenty eight. You know the key number. So if your numbers twenty eight and a half, I'd buy the half point. If it's twenty nine, don't worry about it. Signetti is the real deal, and they went out West yet last week and just dominated UCLA from starting to finish. I watched that game back, or at least a good chunk in the first half at least. The other night, Curtis Rourke looked out standing seventy four point three completion percentage, seven touchdowns, no picks. He's got a rushing touchdown, and Charlotte's down to a third stream quarterback and they're not very good anyway. I think Indiana deals out a woodshed treatment.
Speaker 2: So in the SEC, Florida and Mississippi State. Your Gators obviously not off to a great start. But you know who's even worse? Mississippi State. I mean, I'm I'm I'm surprised that this is not a much bigger number in favor of Florida. Uh, I mean, what do you think happens here?
Speaker 5: I Like, Mississippi State, they obviously looked awful last week. I mean, you're down thirty five to three at home in the third quarter to a MAC program, even though it's Toledo, which is, you know, probably the class.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you don't have the facts here for this, Brian, but would it be possible that nobody else has ever in the SEC been in that situation that big of a deficit in the third quarter against a MAC team at home, Like that's some precedent and for SEC play, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I had to guess, I'd probably say Vandy maybe, Yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't ever, Yeah, you rarely see that, if ever. But look, Florida's banged up. I mean, maybe the best player on the whole team, certainly the best receiver, Eugene Wilson.
Speaker 3: He's out.
Speaker 5: Two of the best portal gets in the offseason, safety Asta Turner and defensive lineman Joyce Blackman, who was the Ivy League Defensive Player of the Year last season. They're both out. So three key players for Florida are out and look as a favorite, Napier's been horrible at UF. He's three eight and one against the spread. We go back in his last couple of years in Louisiana, last twenty nine games as a favorite, Napier's teams are nine nineteen and one ATS. And one of the few bright spots for Missippi State has been Baylor transfer QB. Blake Shaping. He's playing really good seventy point one completion percentage, eight hundred and thirty four passing yards, seven to one TDI and T ratio. And they've got an outstanding receiver and Kevin Coleman who is fourth in the SEC in all purpose yards. And Florida is only seven and sixteen under Napier straight up against Power five competition. I think Mississippi State wins outright, and I hope Napier's fired before launch on.
Speaker 2: Well, I know we're going to get back into some other games. But I have to ask you this, what do you make of people claiming that Lane Kiffin wouldn't leave Ole Miss for Florida. Again, we don't even know if the I mean, the job probably will open up, and I would assume if they're smart, they will target him. And I'm not even just trying to gass up the Gators here, but on what planet would the head coach at ole Miss not leave to go coach at Florida?
Speaker 3: I mean, it doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for people to imply there's no chance, I think is delusional. However, I think Ole Miss is going to the playoff and with the way you know, the schedule works in college football. Now, whatever early signing day is, I want to say, it's like December twelfth, But see you if you hold it, if you pull a mouth more and wait like he did with Saban with the Dolphins, and you wait for Kiffin. And I'm sure Jimmy Sexton can give the people at Florida a clue whether they have a decent shot or not. I think you wait it out now that if they're going to win the national championship, and I think ole Miss is a legit national title contender, then you know, maybe you strike out there and maybe it looks horrible, but nobody's really getting me excited to be the next Gator coach other than Lane Kiffin. So I want us to go all out, you know, back up the breaks, the you know, the truck with all kinds of money. But the CFP could kind of could get in our way.
Speaker 3: We'll see, dude.
Speaker 2: Lane's brand, Lane's everything about him, his vibe is perfect for Florida, I think. And what he's done at ol Miss is impressive, and he has put himself in a position to have the roster that you mentioned is is potentially a national championship contender that's not as sustainable at ole Miss. It could be in every it could be not only a regular thing to be a playoff participant at Florida, but you could also have an even higher ceiling than he has at ole Miss. I get old Miss as a is a great job, but it ain't Florida. And he you know my again, my guess doesn't mean much of anything, but I think he'll be the gators next head coaches because it makes it.
Speaker 3: Makes too much sense.
Speaker 2: But real quick, the other big one of those, I mean, I just don't see it any other way. And yet it's become like this hot take on these round table shows of like, uh, you know, wait a second, I don't know about Florida. I'm like, look what he's done at Ole, miss is crazy, but it could be a once in a decade thing. He could literally do it every year Florida. But what do you like about Tennessee Oklahoma? Any play here? Obviously a big time matchup, a lot of points expected to be scored.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go Ball's team total over thirty two and a half. You know, the line's gotten a little too big. I mean, if I had to pick it, I still go balls, presuming it's still seven, which I believe it is. I know a couple seven and a half popped earlier, sumer low on time, so I'll rip off a couple more sure, like cal plus two and a half at fsu Jay Not'll be back with their backup. Damian Thomas is playing great seven point eight yards for Carrie and will Cox is thirty and fifteen against the spread forty five games as an underdog. Also like two Lane minus three at Louisiana. Tou Lane's been playing the big boys in the last two weeks and you know, hung in double digits on Case State at half two weeks ago, only down by five at Oklahoma seven minutes left. I think they go into Lafayette and take care of business against Louisiana and then NFL. I'm on the Bucks minus six and a half and i got the Commanders plus eight, but as long as they're catching at least seven, I like them at Sency.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, Brian, appreciate the time as always. Enjoy a great weekend of football and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 1: Brother, Thanks Dick, have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: That's Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider dot com. Always appreciate him making time for us. And again, if you're not following Brian on Twitter, you should. Man good good facts. I mean, he spits out a lot of great facts and information when it comes to how how you want to make your wager, influencing you or you know, maybe convincing you that you shouldn't make the bet you were going to make so good stuff there, And he's great on Twitter at Vegas b Edwards if you want to give him a follow up. All right, quick break, we'll come back and wrap this thing up. On the other side, it's Coffee and Company Field by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. I know who this is. I can't claim that I'm like a big fan of Dave Matthews band, but there's a level of nostalgia for me in the nineties, like when they were and they just have a good sound. I don't know, are they they're they're well known. I mean, I know they're well known, are they well liked? Like to me, there are certain musicians bands that that they've got their big following, But if you're not in that big following, you connor like come on.
Speaker 4: Like cold cold Play YouTube. It's like white people music. We've said yeah, yeah, some people yeah. But like I'd be a liar if I said I don't enjoy this. This is good, good sound here from Dave Matthews Band. What the hell is going on in the state of Kentucky. I mean it was a good piece of news yesterday, although it be wild as far as how they captured the uh, the suspect who decided to you know, climb the top of a cliff in eastern Kentucky a couple of weeks ago and just start opening fire. I mean that that's a tragic story, crazy, no doubt. And then eleven days go by nobody can find him. And then sure enough it is too elderly and I shouldn't say elderly, but Fred and Sheila McCoy they set out in search in the wilderness to find this guy, all while law enforcement has spent the last eleven days trying to find this guy. Sure enough, they're the ones who find him. They're not trained, you know, rescuers or law enforcement. These are people who have a have a YouTube channel and do vlogs and whatnot, and they're the ones who ended up finding him all while they live streamed to their YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: They have a hatfield in McCoy I guess, you know, tour center or whatnot. I mean, it's a good story that that that that this guy was found, and it's a good story that he's dead, and it's great that there is gonna be a reward going to these people who just went out and tried to help, and sure enough, that's gonna pay off for them. And now today we've got an insane story like this is nuts in Eastern Kentucky, Whitesburg, Kentucky. Earlier today, I think, not even that long ago, like maybe a few hours ago, the sheriff of Whitesburg, Kentucky, I'm sorry, Letcher County Sheriff, which of course is in Whitesburg, Kentucky. Letcher County Sheriff Mickey Steins arrested after he allegedly shot District Judge Kevin Mullins in his office. I mean what it says? The Mountain Eagle, which is a newspaper out in eastern Kentucky, says that Sheriff Mickey Stein's has been arrested following his shooting at the Letcher County Courthouse. Stein's allegedly shot District Judge Kevin Mullins in his office of the lesser district courtroom. Court employees were on the sidewalk outside the courthouse in shock. What the hell I mean is that not the the sheriff walking into the courthouse and shooting and it's he's dead, I mean, he's it's a deadly shooting.
Speaker 3: I mean what in the world. Let's call it today, shall we. Yeah, let's do that. Let's do that. All right, we're out of here. You guys, enjoy your night.
Speaker 2: We're back at it tomorrow, and I hope you guys join us right here on Sports Talk seven ninety