Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Of course, internationally, the dominating story is the tariffs and the beginning of what could be a pretty significant trade war, and the impact that those tariffs have had on the markets around the around the world. Asian markets were down, European markets were down, American markets are down right now. The dall is off four hundred and fifty points, sm P five hundred, and Nasdaq have dipped back below into a negative territory below zero. Gold has dropped quite a bit. Gold is off another two percent today. Oil is also down. Oil's hovering at about sixty dollars a barrel, which it hasn't seen for years.
Speaker 3: I have good news, you have some good news.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow is True Crime Tuesday and the Gary and Shannon Show, and AI seems to have proven that fingerprints are not unique, so maybe bad news news for police investigators, good news for the crooks. We'll tackle that tomorrow. True Crime Tuesday and the twelve o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: What else is going on? Time for what's happening?
Speaker 1: You've got to have some hack heat music, don't you. I know, you've got a whole It's not that hot.
Speaker 4: It's just warm.
Speaker 3: Above normal temperatures.
Speaker 1: Eighty eighty seven degrees April.
Speaker 4: Welcome to April. Were going to We're not.
Speaker 3: Getting into our hack heat music folder.
Speaker 4: Not yet. It is going to be beautiful as well.
Speaker 2: It's going to be gorgeous seventy eight degrees today here in the beautiful city of Burbank. The expectation, though, is, like you said, it's going to be up into the upper eighties in a few places by Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 4: Mid eighties and a lot of play. I mean, just this is the.
Speaker 3: I love it. It's just gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Before it starts getting really hot, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Flood danger.
Speaker 1: Not over as the mess that is the weather and other parts of this country continue. The rain is over, they say, but there have been four days of deadly storms in Kentucky. Looking at you that, they say. The governor there says we still have to brace for the flooding that could happen, tornadoes as well. That they've got a bunch of roads and rivers and creeks that are at or above flood stage.
Speaker 3: So when the dust settles, so to speak, the dams or what have you could break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the levees that are there again stretched.
Speaker 2: Twenty people have died since Wednesday Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Georgia, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Indiana. Two of the twenty were in Kentucky, where a woman and a nine year old boy both died in floodwaters. Then in Georgia, a tree fell on a father and son while they were golfing.
Speaker 1: Last week, we heard this story and we knew it was going to get worse, and it has. I don't know how a dead thirteen year old boy gets worse, but it has. He was reported missing from the valley last Sunday, and then on Wednesday, his body was found up in the Oxnard area. We had heard that he left to go see an acquaintance acquaintance and did not return Sunday. The family immediately called the cops. Knew something was wrong. And then we learn that the family who's been talking to TV reporters they are Spanish speaking only, which is why we haven't spoken to them, but that they said this was actually not an acquaintance but his soccer coach.
Speaker 3: This was a family that came here.
Speaker 1: I believe from El Salvador a handful of years ago, better life for the kids. The kid is really talented at soccer. This is his soccer coach here. He has now been arrested for the murder. The family told reporters last week that you know, this coach was a friend of the family. They would have never suspected he would do anything wrong. He helped with the search for the kid that prosecutors now say killed this boy. Now, because he's a soccer coach, you wonder how many other kids marginalized communities, no doubt, that have been victimized by this guy. The DA is going to hold a press conference this afternoon, maybe some more answers there.
Speaker 2: Did they say that he was arrested specifically for the murder because he was originally not arrested on an unrelated sex assault charge.
Speaker 4: They said, from before.
Speaker 3: There you go, probably another kid.
Speaker 2: But here's the other thing is they haven't told us what evidence led them to find the boy's body.
Speaker 1: Right, they had a tip that it was in this wooded area, but we don't know what that was.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Several UCLA students have had their visas revoked by the government. Chancellor Julio Frank said over the weekend, six current students six former students that are in a training program have had their visas revoked. He went on to talk about how they recognize the actions bring feelings of tremendous uncertainty in anxiety, et cetera. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said at the end of March, the government was revoking the visas of international students studying in the United States, and some of them would be right here in California.
Speaker 3: Told you about Lori Valo Da Bell.
Speaker 1: Remember the Doomsday mom received multiple life sentences for killing her two children and her romantic rival, her husband's ex wife. She is in court today for opening statements in a separate trial over the death of her fourth husband. And here's a fun twist. She's representing herself.
Speaker 3: She is more cuckoo than cuckoo can be.
Speaker 1: She's pleaded not guilty to the charge of first degree murder in the death of Charles Valo.
Speaker 2: I think she may redefine what cuckoo can be. Ah, she may be groundbreaking in that arena. And then there is a new Metro micro on demand ride share service.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be the cheapest ride share program in La. It's the best kept seek in LA Transit. Allegedly, they say that there are on demand ride share service with Metro Micro with eight designated zones within LA County.
Speaker 3: The base rate is two point fifty.
Speaker 4: That's not bad.
Speaker 2: Expanded over time, there's eight zones Watch Compton area, Lax and Inglewood, North Hollywood and Burbank, Elmonte, Highland Park, Eagle Rock, Glendale area, the Altadena Pasadena area, Northwest San Fernando Valley, and then UCLA Westwood in the VA Medical Center area. You can prepay with a credit card in the app. You can pay on board with tap or she have to have your own card does but it's a cheap way to get around if you're in those areas.
Speaker 3: Would you like your Jeopardy question? I had no idea.
Speaker 1: It's called women right on right, right with a WR right. You're writing something for two hundred before the Hunger Games. She helped Clarissa explain it all as a writer for Nickelodeon.
Speaker 3: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Oh right, R I T E W R I T yeah. I thought you meant right like someone's last name, like Orville and Wilbur. Those aren't women who is Suzanne Collins. Yes, the only reason I know that. I spent way too much time in an airport book story yesterday thinking should I read that new prequel thing?
Speaker 3: Oh? Ke is reading it? Oh?
Speaker 4: Is it good? Is it really good?
Speaker 3: You and Ke are not the same?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: But I really liked, I really liked Hunger Games.
Speaker 3: Like those those you read the books?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah? Did I? I read at least two of them. I think I read all.
Speaker 1: I read all of them. I tore through those. I love those books. Those were addictive. But then I tried to read the one of the Bank, of the Something of the Suburbs. Yeah, and it didn't like I felt like I started it and I was just like, I know, the allure is gone, it is, the addiction has left me.
Speaker 6: It had weird pacing, for sure. But this book, this new book is so good. Really it's as good as the first Hunger Games.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, it's really good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, like, what if I don't remember all the particulars of everyone's backstory and all the things.
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 3: Okay? You don't?
Speaker 6: You really don't like as long as you know non spoiler alert hamig at all.
Speaker 3: I love him he's my favorite.
Speaker 6: That's really all you need to worry about. And then you'll there will be little things here and there that you'll read and you'll be like, oh, I kind of remember that, yeah, one of the Hunger Games books, and you kind of connect the dots here and there.
Speaker 3: It's just it's really really oh my gosh. Okay, so wait, what's the name of it?
Speaker 6: Sunrise on the Reaping.
Speaker 1: Okay, and this comes. So the timeframe is when Hamis was little.
Speaker 6: This is when Hamich went a Mitch the Quarter, the fiftieth quarter qwel so when he was in the Hunger Games.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 8: Do it.
Speaker 4: I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: Go to a bookstoing get it, don't buy it online. What we're breaking out of our fascination. I remember, I will do that.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: I'll go to a book start today, good, good idea.
Speaker 1: And then I'll send you the bill because I will not just get that book.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about adolescence. I had an interesting moment last night. Oh yeah, yeah, show adolescence.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I Am six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Right now, Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli Prime Minister, is talking with President Trump there at the White House. They're talking about how they discuss the situation in Syria. They're talking about the tariffs. Net Yaho's own philosophy about the terrants.
Speaker 5: You are going to eliminate the tariffs and rapidly. I added the opportunity to speak to Secretary Eletnik yesterday. We talked about how we could affect this quickly, and I hope to bring the solution erry quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the plan.
Speaker 2: That's what Trump wants every country to be able to do, is to drop the tariffs. So that that's why he's talked about them being reciprocal. Whatever they the other countries charge our goods to come in, we will be charging their goods to come into the United States.
Speaker 3: This is a friend.
Speaker 1: This is a forward facing leader of another country that's saying we're playing ball with the President and so should you.
Speaker 3: And that's what friends are for.
Speaker 4: And this is the informal thing.
Speaker 2: This is where they're sitting at the fireplace in the Oval Office, the formal news conference where they both have podiums full of reporters, et cetera. That apparently has been called off because Trump is expected to speak alone about the terroifts and about what's going on around the world. So something will keep our eyes on.
Speaker 1: As he should, I mean with what's gone on with Wall Street as we started.
Speaker 2: More than just a couple of tweets, certain exacts social posts. So the TV show Adolescence the Netflix TV The show Adolescence on Netflix.
Speaker 4: It's the four episode show.
Speaker 2: It's about a young kid who's accused of murdering a classmate and sort of the impact it has on him, his classmates, his family, his therapist. It is a ridiculously powerful show for many different reasons. The writing on it is really great, the acting in it is spectacular, the production with each episode being one shot, that's all all really really incredible and leads to what we've seen over the last couple of weeks, which is very frank discussions that people have about every single one of the issues. You don't have to be a parent, you don't have to be a thirteen year old boy, you don't have to be a therapist dealing with kids. You're gonna find something in there that will trigger something in you where you have to almost you almost have to talk about it with somebody.
Speaker 3: I told you not to watch it. I watched it.
Speaker 1: I had seen it written up, I had seen it. You it's a must sy show. It's really hard. It's just well acted, and it's one shot and all these things. And so I watch it and I'm thinking, Wow, I have no kids, and I imagine these are every parental neurosis all in one show. All of the things that I do the right thing? Could what could I have done differently? Did I pass on something wrong with me to my kid?
Speaker 3: Is it my.
Speaker 1: DNA to blame? Is it something should I? You know, your second guessing? All that like, it is all the things that you worry about, the safety of your kids, the mental stability of your.
Speaker 3: Kids, the the are they liked? Are they happy? Every freaking thing that worries you as a parent. It's all in one show.
Speaker 2: And it's a brilliantly put together show. Yeah, we talked about it many times last night. On the airplane. The woman sitting next to me, I'm sitting in middle seat, she's sitting aisle. Well, I get there were two my wife anyway, Okay, so she's sitting next to me in the aisle, and she pulls out her phone and dials up Adolescents episode three, and my wife kind of elbows me and she's like, check out what she's watching. So I look over and I see that she's watching episode three, which is when he's with the therapist. And I think to myself, she's not going to want to watch the fourth episode.
Speaker 4: It's a two and a half hour flight. She got plenty of time.
Speaker 2: But I'm thinking to myself, she's not going to want to watch that fourth episode in a sausage casing full of strangers, because it's not something that you can't it's not something that you watch and then just ignore know about your day. I said it when my wife and I watched it. We watched it separately, but we both I couldn't wait to talk to her about it. I couldn't wait to hear how she.
Speaker 1: Couldn't wait to watch something else and get that out of my head.
Speaker 4: But there was a reaction.
Speaker 2: It garnered some sort of reaction, and when she started that fourth episode, I almost wanted to reach over and say, hey, if you need to talk about it, we're right here, Like this is going to be this is intense. Whatever's about to happen, And I mean I was distracted by what.
Speaker 1: She was doing because he didn't touch her.
Speaker 4: Crazy she already.
Speaker 2: I didn't like her, to be honest to begin with, because she didn't let people put stuff in the overhead bind because of her tennis racket that she had, which is probably an expensive tennis racket if you're traveling with it.
Speaker 3: But what do you mean she didn't let people. She said things out loud.
Speaker 4: She said, please, don't put your bag there.
Speaker 2: My tennis racket is up there, because some guy had his backpack and he was going to put it on top of hers or something like that, and she asked him not to. Well, she has every right. He could just tell her to go f all. I mean, it's all kinds of different reactions. He was just pulling and said okay and found some other place. Anyway that I didn't like her for that. She finishes, She finishes the episode right, And I mean the snippets that I'm seeing, I'm seeing them at the at the home depot kind of store.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing them driving in the van.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing the mom and dad on the court on the edge of the bed talking like I'm just reliving this fourth episode of It's Painful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She finishes the episode and then watched the entire credits. Yeah, which is like four or five minutes of nothing.
Speaker 3: You're not because there's questions that remain.
Speaker 1: You're working through it all in your head about that scene in the car where he's not there, and how life is just different now forever and all, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: She even sat through the foreign language translation credits. Yeah, she went deep into the credits, and she wasn't moving. I looked she wasn't. She was just absorbing everything that had gone on.
Speaker 3: Or maybe she was thinking about the health of her tennis.
Speaker 2: Racket, or she was concerned about her tennis racket, and it was It was weird.
Speaker 1: I know, we've got Mixtape Monday coming up, but I have Motivational Monday and Motivational Monday. I'd also like to set aside some time, if we may, for International Beaver Day.
Speaker 4: Beaver Day. Yeah, I had a beer day.
Speaker 1: It's both well, it's National Beer Day, but it's International beaver Day. And you know how I feel about beavers, and I think, I mean, they're nature's firefighters, you know, so I think that we should if we could. I just found out that it's International Beaver Day, to which I get. I feel like a great disservice has been done of us not spending more time on this. I conan I could have filled up the whole day with beaver fun facts.
Speaker 3: And here we are. We only have a half an hour left.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many can get to considering you know, it's a full show still, but I'm going to try and squeeze in many.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do one right now? Other than their nature's firefighters. The clap of a beaver tail can be heard for three miles.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm asking you. You're the beaver expert.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, just that alone, knowing that the clap of the beaver is that strong.
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon will continue in just a moment.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: That's a wild story, isn't it. The doctor who tried to kill the wife on the Hawaiian trail. It's not going away either, and it keeps getting more detailed.
Speaker 2: If you're going to do it, you gotta I mean, you got to finish. I mean it sounds awful, but if you're going to do it. The only way to make sure she doesn't testify against you is to actually.
Speaker 1: Like he tried to throw her off, He tried to stick her with a syringe filled with something.
Speaker 3: He tried to beat her with a rock. Yeah, and there's something.
Speaker 1: About a beautiful wedding picture that adds to a tempted murder story.
Speaker 4: It stretches the rubber.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like you see that wedding picture, beautiful young couple of whole lives ahead of them, and you're like, yeah, I've been to a wedding like that, or you're like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: About these two.
Speaker 2: President Trump is hosting Benjaminette Yahoo, the Israeli Prime Minister, at the White House today and they're holding sort of the informal version of the news conference. They're not going to do the double podiums like they often do. The White House said that was canceled for the day, but that the President is expected to speak regarding tariffs. He has been getting a lot of questions already. But most significantly I would say is that he alluded to there being direct discussions with Iran.
Speaker 4: We don't do that.
Speaker 2: We don't have direct discussions with Iran about almost anything. We always go through surrogates, and he said that this is not that that it is in fact direct negotiations of some kind that are going on with Iran regarding their new clear capabilities or their desire for nuclear capabilities, and that they are having some sort of an important event on Saturday. You allude it to that, but we don't know very much. He's been coy about some of the details, but that the United States has been in fact in contact at very high levels with the Iranian government, which would go against what we've seen in the last couple decades. Actually when it comes to our relationships, our relations with that country.
Speaker 1: It is Monday, which means we are in search of motivation.
Speaker 2: This is going to be a quick one because I know you want to squeeze your beavers in there, or squeeze your beaver facts in there, something like that. So pick one of the short I'm going to like beaver beaver fat.
Speaker 3: You know, he's your beep oftful.
Speaker 2: Oh look at that college basketball perfect Hoosiers. Hoosiers tells the story of a group of underdogs they become champions.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Set in the fifties, Hoosiers about that hard luck. Unemployed college basketball coach Norman Dale played b the genie hackhack Man gets a chance to coach a small town Indiana high school basketball team to the state finals.
Speaker 4: You should feel motivated at the end of this there's.
Speaker 9: A tradition and tournament play, and not talk about the next step until.
Speaker 5: You've climbed one in front of you.
Speaker 10: I'm sure going.
Speaker 4: To the state finals is beyond.
Speaker 10: Your wildest dream. So let's just keep it right there and forget about the crowds, the size of the school, their.
Speaker 9: Fancy uniforms, and remember what got you here. Focus on the fundamentals we've gone over time and time again, and most important, don't get caught up thinking about winning or losing this game. If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game. In my book, we're going to be winners.
Speaker 10: Okay, let's go, let's go. Let me hear it.
Speaker 1: That wasn't that good. I mean, I'm saying what everybody's thinking. I mean, obviously, when you watch the movie and it's very moving, but it's the summation of that whole movie, right, and it's.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm just saying, like, you know, it evolved.
Speaker 1: The motivational speeches have evolved since Hoosiers was made into a major motion picture. It could have been better. There could have been more poetry.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It wasn't her Brooks. It wasn't. It wasn't. But no, no, no, I love it. I love it, but it was.
Speaker 1: And that's part of the beauty of Hoosiers is it wasn't this high falutin rhetoric oration type of movie. It was just like Fancy Street exactly. It was like, we're in the fifties. It's Indiana. We've got that drunk guy that helps us.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it was the guy's dad, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Jimmy, right, Jimmy's dad, Jimmy the kid that had to be. There's always a star player that has get wooed back to the game, isn't there usually basketball?
Speaker 4: Usually basketball? That's okay, Did you have something more motivational?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, No, I didn't mean to pooh pooh it.
Speaker 2: I just you're just you're the one who's poo pooing the dead guy.
Speaker 1: I'm just no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no better next time.
Speaker 3: No No.
Speaker 1: I think it just hits harder when you've seen the whole movie and then you're in that moment.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm sorry. So did you know about beavers?
Speaker 4: Please tell me more?
Speaker 1: That their teeth are orange because of all the iron in the wood, the iron in their enamel, which makes their teeth strong enough to eat the wood, which brings me to my next fun fact.
Speaker 3: You know what their favorite foods are?
Speaker 1: Beavers like to eat the most chips aspen and willow, the trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they chip, they chip away at the trees. Yeah, they eat the chips.
Speaker 4: Of the wood.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And do they actually eat the wood?
Speaker 4: Seriously? Do they eat it or they just gnaw on it.
Speaker 2: Like the way like the way an old Uh, an old guy might whittle on the front porch or something like that, whittle his stick?
Speaker 4: And where are you? Where'd you go? Why are you? Why?
Speaker 2: Is definitely more beaver facts when we come back. No, we're done with beaver facts. Okay, International Beaver Day going down the tubes. Now, this is because you can't keep it together. Uh, we're gonna do mixtape Monday when we come back as well.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on Man from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: President Trump holding an informal news conference right now with the reporters in the Oval Office alongside the Vice President, Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, and of course Israeli Prime minis Prime Minister Benjamin net Yahoo. They're talking specifically or a lot about tariffs, and he said the tariffs are a chance to kind of reset the way that United States has been taken advantage of over the last several decades. And he said this is really the only chance before things get out of control, and that he is the only person, the only president who would be willing to do it. Trump said he is considering additional tariffs on China as well, because Beijing retaliated against his announcement of tariffs last week. So this back and forth there's raising new concerns that if these new tariffs go into effect, some products from China would be tariffed at a one hundred four percent rate. He said that they've got to reduce some of their tariffs by tomorrow at noon or else tomorrow night, more tariffs will be imposed on Chinese goods coming into the United States.
Speaker 3: Was this a major point of his first term in office?
Speaker 1: I do remember steel tariffs that were regarded as successful.
Speaker 2: To a degree, to a degree, and most of the tariffs that were from the first term were specifically on China. Okay, so these but didn't necessarily because all China did at the time was just raise their tariffs on the stuff for us, there was there was no there was no good end to it, at least not during his term. Those tariffs were then kept in place by the Biden administration, which people thought, well, wait a minute, if it's so horrible that Donald Trump did it, why is it okay if Biden keeps it in place.
Speaker 4: But this is now ratcheting up from even those And.
Speaker 2: As we mentioned, the whole point of this is for him to have a negotiating platform.
Speaker 4: And Israel has already come to the table.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the Prime Minister is speaking to him right now and said that they're going to drop all tariffs. They weren't massive, but they're going to drop all tariffs on American goods going into Israel so that Israel can continue to export stuff into the United States. And that's what he wants every country to do is to come to the table and have some sort of earnest discussion about their trade policy and the trade deficits with the United States.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said earlier, this is obviously the purpose of this conversation televised in the Oval office is Hey, look, Israel's doing it.
Speaker 3: They're coming to the table. That's what friends are for.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I decided that I was going to tax everybody, and you were my friend, you would get on television with me and be like, yeah, I'm playing ball. I'm playing ball, so that other people would also play ball. Right, it's time for mixtate Monday. Another makes tape Monday.
Speaker 4: Where'd you was Monday?
Speaker 10: We used in order mixtape.
Speaker 7: Monday mix tape Monday.
Speaker 2: All right, this is I guess you'd say. This is an example of what people are calling recession pop. Everybody remembers recession Pope.
Speaker 3: How did you get that name?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Think catchy tunes, Think optimistic tunes?
Speaker 3: Which recession are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Two thousand and eight nine?
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 4: Okay, so makes I'll get past that.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine days doing a.
Speaker 10: Walk toes.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I was gonna say, like tie oup cruise Kasha.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was a.
Speaker 2: Fun time, just dance by Lady Gaga. Sure, so this was sort of a one of those tent poles of recession.
Speaker 1: Pops Dynamite, it's all, it's all, it's all parties. Oh yeah, everything's a party. Get wasted, everything forget, it's all happened. Everything's fine, eyes, everything's fine.
Speaker 4: You see here, drink your waist away.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 2: You can't afford rent, but you can afford the cover for the club. Right, Kasha has a new one. I can only play part of it. Sure, I can play part of it. But Kasha has a new one called Yi Kaye. There's guys. It smelled too strongly of cologne with bottle service.
Speaker 6: It's already got that.
Speaker 3: This is new, This is new. Okay. So I just had this conversation when you were gone. I don't know if it was on the air or in my head.
Speaker 4: I'm drinking beers.
Speaker 1: But like god, manny fifteen years ago, Kesha was twenty two something like that. I had the same conversation. And we're talking about Janet Jackson last week. It's like, played something new from Janet New two thousand and eight, two thousand.
Speaker 3: And nine, something like that. And so back in this era when this is that's probably why she put it out.
Speaker 1: But in like Janet at twenty two twenty five was like, that's that's what you put out, that's the music you put out. You get to be, you know, forty, like Kesha, and you're putting out stuff that you put out when you were twenty two.
Speaker 3: It doesn't hit the same right, Yeah, I thought that too, Like Jessica Simpson's new stuff.
Speaker 1: It was fine in nineteen ninety nine when you were twenty, but now it's you're forty five, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, it's it does not receive the same way.
Speaker 2: Well, And isn't that the the sign or signature.
Speaker 4: Of a great.
Speaker 2: Artist is that the sound that they have as they as they age.
Speaker 4: Is different every time. I mean, the stuff that.
Speaker 1: It's a good point. It's a good point, and it's probably a female biased thing. You know, men sound the same when they're twenty two and forty two and sixty two, and nobody ever says anything. Maybe it's because the women, female artists are just always deemed sexy and that that changes.
Speaker 4: I guess. I don't know, so you don't think she's still got no I do.
Speaker 1: I think all of these women are beautiful and sexy at whatever age, but the mut like, it's not believable for me for a forty year old woman to be putting out club music because they're not.
Speaker 3: In the club right or they should be in the club.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want to be in the club, being the club, it just sounds exhausting, it does.
Speaker 4: It's a long night. Oh it's tired right early?
Speaker 3: Can we go to the seven o'clock show?
Speaker 4: Like stifle.
Speaker 2: FKA Twigs has canceled her appearance at Coachella. Apparently no Allia Barnett is her real name, if that's how you follow her or whatever. She said she was devastated to tell fans she's gonna have to pull out a Coachella she was set to perform Friday, which is the night that Lady Gaga is headlining the main stage. She said that she's having a visa issues as of right now, she's gonna have to reschedule all of her North American commitments this month. They would have included also a festival in Mexico City, Chicago, New York, Toronto.
Speaker 4: She's also had this thing.
Speaker 2: She said that the production team did not fill out the correct paperwork in a timely manner for them to have their visas to come to the United States and to perform.
Speaker 4: Hmm, Coachelle is going to be hot.
Speaker 1: You got to fill up paperwork. Kids, you've got a trip planned. No one's going to do it for you. You're an adult now.
Speaker 4: No, she's she's gonna have people do it for her.
Speaker 2: Talia Clem Burke, longtime drummer for Blondie who played a key role in the movie Dead Yeah, appeared on albums by Townsend Iggy Pop Bob Dylan died yesterday at the age of seventy.
Speaker 4: Joined the group Blondie in nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 2: It appeared on all of their albums, including the nineteen seventy six self titled debut and Landmark album's Parallel Lines Eat to the Beat from seventy nine. Deborah Harry, of course, told Chicago Tribune Clem showed up and he was a real star. He could play, and you could tell it was his life. He was among it doesn't say where, but Rolling Stone ranked him one of the one hundred greatest drummers of all time.
Speaker 1: So, well, that's nice. Do you have something that's not dead to end with something good?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Another dead person? Do you want me to get back into a beaver fun fact? Yeah, weaver fun fact kill me?
Speaker 3: See where? Let me just google this.
Speaker 2: Because I've also got a shut down. One of the first memories.
Speaker 8: My earliest memory, I was four years old at Disneyland walking with my dad next to the Pinocchio ride when that whale started following me with his eyeball. Oh yeah, as I was walking, I took off like a bat out of hell.
Speaker 2: I'm still creeped out by that giant whale and the eyeball that moves.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up, Gary Shannon?
Speaker 7: Okay, so I want to share with you guy my very first memory. So, my very first memory was two years old.
Speaker 9: My grandmother was walking me down the street and I remember I grabbed a red.
Speaker 4: Plant stuck it in my mouth.
Speaker 7: Hot is chili peppers?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh all time.
Speaker 9: So I remember going into the house and she was putting milk in my mouth peanut butter, and crying.
Speaker 7: Two years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wow, random plants not a good idea when you're a kid.
Speaker 1: So two things I did not know about beavers. Number one, they have five fingered hands for grasping and holding, just like you do. Right, that's a lot of fingers on that beaver. Sure, and you'd think it was almost have said on that little beaver because you think it's little, right, How big can they get? Forty to sixty pounds? Seriously, I am not lying to you. The American beaver can weigh forty to sixty pounds.
Speaker 3: That is a big beaver. Yeah you can't. You can't get that can yah?
Speaker 4: Bitch?
Speaker 1: I got to live right up here, Yeah, right here, it's where it's got to live.
Speaker 3: That's a bit forty to sixty pounds.
Speaker 4: That's three toimes.
Speaker 3: My dog cut down on that wood, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: John Coppel Show is up next. We'll see you tomorrow. Stay dry, everybody, blessings.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.