Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. Would let you taco one on one one w JR R Your freaking idiots.
Speaker 2: All right, this hour brought you by Jr's Rock the Bank. Thirteen more chances for you today to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: First one, right around nine oh five, you get a keyword to enter it at the website.
Speaker 2: WJR dot com. Someone's picked it random and we do this hourly throughout the day. So multiple chances. So ball's really in your court as to how much you want to participate or not participate. I would do as many as you can. Hey, yeah, you all are well aware of my ongoing theory, and I believe I have. I'm on solid ground saying this being a native Floridian, Okay, who grew up in South Florida. Oh, down south, this is weirder, right, the farther south you go into state, the sketchy er it gets. This would be another example that we go to Aventura where a employee at Guru Auto Sales in Aventura that just screams, See a fifty eight year old Israeli national has pled guilty to carjacking one of their customers. How does this happen? This is where this sketchy part comes in. God, apparently at Guru Auto Sales, they're one of these deals that will We'll get you financed no matter what.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it might be twenty two percent.
Speaker 2: Now, granted, that's a great service for people with shaky credit who have no other option to turn to. But you need some wheels, and by God, you're gonna get a car. Okay. So people are are gonna do what they're gonna do. I'm not judging, No, we've all been there, but dijit. This is where I dug down a little deeper. How do these car dealerships get these financial institutions to finance anyone? Well, in Guru's case, the company financed this particular customer, which is a recent Haitian immigrant who bought a used Honda from them, okay, and then proceeded to miss his first payment. All came clear as to how it actually works. The financer for Guru Auto Sales on this particular deal has an arrangement that says, if your customer misses a payment, you're on the hook auto dealership for the balance of the loan we gave.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's where the carjacking comes in, because then mister mister Guru goes and jack's the car back at gunpoint.
Speaker 2: Now here's the part where it's even sketchier. Yes, the Haitian guy who bought the used Honda missed his first payment, but he did make it up plus the late feet and was actually current on his car payments when the carjacking took place. Despite all that, the agreements between the financial institution and the car dealership still states that they had to pay them the thirteen thousand dollars they fronted.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is just bizarre on multiple levels.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to add to that.
Speaker 2: No, so you do know what happens if you don't make your payments, Sir.
Speaker 1: Haitian get his car back.
Speaker 2: Yes, Haitian never never needed to have the car taken in the first place. He made a misstep, missed the first payment, made good on it plus the late fee, and then stayed current. Yet Guru Auto Sales Bob, could you come in here for a second. Yeah, what do you need? Here's what I need you to do today. I need you to get over to you know, here's the address. Just go get this car back. This guy's not making his payments. Do whatever you gotta do, no problem.
Speaker 1: Hold, let me grab a gun.
Speaker 2: He'll be sentenced in January.
Speaker 1: Couldn't you just go ahead and grab the old the repo man, you would think, yeah, you would think.
Speaker 2: But now you gotta pay him too.
Speaker 1: You get in the hole Overjatian's car.
Speaker 2: So, NBA regular season started last night with a couple of games, and the Magic start their campaign tonight. I thought it'd be interesting to bring this up. Paul George, who currently plays for the Sixers, is leading a charge to try to get media personnel banned from NBA locker rooms his specific reas. And there's too many of them stare at players junk.
Speaker 1: They that is an uncomfortable thing. Remember in you've seen movies like you know, Sunday Night or whatever, and they have the female reporter in there.
Speaker 2: This this was a whole big to do, many many many years ago, female reporters in locker rooms. Okay, since that, you know, it's it's evolved into whatever the current situation is. This has nothing to do with male or female, George says, want them all out of here. They're all Peter Hawks. I don't want them. I have to ask you, Taco, because I know you're thinking, and I know a lot of you were thinking it. I'm not what if you were a reporter and had access to an NBA locker room, wouldn't you like at least the first couple of times you're in there? No, I'm not going to be Peter Hawks. I don't think he would be voluntary. I think you would just do it instinctively.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would. I'd say, hey, guys, I'm coming in. Do you think you can put your pants on? It's a bunch of NBA players that have hogs. Come on, they're all seven foot tall. I'm all right. That's where you walk in and have envy immediately.
Speaker 2: You can't have envy if you're not looking. I mean, I'm not looking. I just know. Oh.
Speaker 1: I think what we got out of this is people's pats looking. Because I told you I'm not I here, it is you're ready, and.
Speaker 2: I have to confess it would probably involuntarily. My eyes would probably drift. I just here's Peter hawking people here. I am no kind guys, Bob, I don't think that's how it works. I think you just walk in there and however they are, they are.
Speaker 1: No, I would knock and say could you please put your shorts on? So I said at the beginning, I know I heard on the bridge bitches.
Speaker 2: We'll see where Paul George gets with that. And then there's this one Australian woman found herself trapped between two very large boulders after trying to climb through to retrieve her phone she had dropped while she was hiking. She was stuck upside down. Oh god, go to the Facebook page. Look at the picture. All you could see were the bottom of her feet that were protruding from between these two boulders. And you tell me how she managed to get her whole body between these two boulders. I'm wondering who rescued her. They got some rescue personnel out there, and it took them multiple hours to finally get her out, including having to move one of the bowlders that weighed about one thousand pounds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know how she could get in there all over a phone.
Speaker 2: Wow. Now, after the seven hour ordeal, the question is, okay, she was they got her out, She's gonna be okay, she's safe.
Speaker 1: She got her phone. No, she's still making payments on it. And then the phone company came and phone jacked her. Yeah, one point, yes.
Speaker 2: Lynchin, Taco on demand. Tell Loathy I heard wait you out all right? For over thirty years