Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seven point three.
Speaker 3: It looks like it came about ten forty four, so we're talking about twenty minutes ago. They've kind of rejiggered some of the location on it and said that it was just off the coast of Cape Mendocino, which would be close to the Ferndale area. There were also a couple of other earthquakes a short distance away if you look at Ferndale and Cobb. Ferndale of course, and Cobb is nearby. They had a couple of earthquakes in the Cobb area that were let's see a five point eight, and then another one in that same area that was just a short time, just a short time after that.
Speaker 2: Which was a two point five.
Speaker 1: Tsunami alerts are going out all over northern California. I've already gotten a few text messages from people saying, what the hell I got a tsunami art The updated time for the tsunami alerts or warnings to roll in, they say Fort Bragg in about two minutes. Crescent City, California, eleven twenty port Orford, Oregon, eleven twenty, Brooksings Organ, Brookings, Orgon ten eleven twenty five, Charleston, Oregon, eleven forty In San Francisco twelve ten pm if.
Speaker 3: You were in the If you're in northern California right now and you felt this, let us know. You can send us a message on the talkback feature. You're listening on the app obviously, so you can just hit that little microphone button send us a quick message to let us know what it is that where you are and what you felt. What kind of warning if you had one of those the early warning notifications that came through.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm in Oakland right now. Well, I'm heading back to Oakland from the Pittsburg area, a little bit east, I think, But I just got a tsunami morning my phone saying you are in danger.
Speaker 3: Well, well, maybe more Geographica than the earthquake you gotta worry about.
Speaker 5: Hey, Gary Shannon, this is Uncle Pat in San Diego.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 2: I felt that earthquake.
Speaker 5: Baby in my pants.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm looking for people who actually felt well.
Speaker 7: When he said he was in San.
Speaker 1: Diego, how did you think that was gonna end?
Speaker 7: It should come on in my pants? What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: Again, this is the big story, and we're hoping that we're puking fun because there's no but and I have been finding there are some live cameras, for example, in that area in and around Scotia, Ferndale, Petrolea, all of those places just below, just south of Eureka, where this earthquake hit off the coast about twenty minutes ago, about twenty five minutes ago. And at this point I haven't seen lot of reference to any damage or anything yet.
Speaker 1: Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when we did the story about the oarfish, the oarfish that keep washing ashore in California.
Speaker 2: Please don't tell me there are oar fish washing up?
Speaker 7: There were we did the story. No, I mean as a results of this.
Speaker 1: No, it's because the oarfish, as the Japanese said, are doomsday fish that they've long portended earthquakes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they started washing up two weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago, but not in northern California. They were down here.
Speaker 7: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't realize that you were going to be that upset.
Speaker 1: It's a mythical harbinger of doom.
Speaker 3: As of right now, USGS has adjusted again the number on the magnitude of this earthquake that hit just off the coast of Ferndale. They say it's a seven point Oh hey, listen, seven point zero seven point three probably doesn't.
Speaker 2: Matter for the people who were very close to it.
Speaker 3: We'll keep an eye on this and if anything new comes in, we'll definitely bring it to you again. If you are in northern California anywhere and you're listening to us on the app, look at the app. There's a little microphone button. You can tap that microphone and send us a message. Let us know what it is that that you're experiencing up there.
Speaker 2: We'll keep an eye on this. It's time for swamp watching.
Speaker 8: Swamp is horrible.
Speaker 9: Government man gonna make this like a reality TV show.
Speaker 7: Bad doos always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C. Hey Joe, a town.
Speaker 10: All too clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways.
Speaker 2: Still a swamp. I have to watch my work.
Speaker 5: Nobody said drained the swamp.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, that's so.
Speaker 6: You know the thing?
Speaker 1: Did you see this about the FBI warning iPhone and Android users to stop sending each other texts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay if you iPhone to iPhone, right, it's okay Android to Android.
Speaker 7: But you can't a green window, and that's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: That's going to be a because China's coming for you. The China hacking of US networks, they say, is reportedly ongoing, likely larger in scale than previously understood. So fully encrypted comms is the best defense against this compromise. So they say, messaging one to the other iPhone to Android, Android iPhone, not safe, not.
Speaker 2: Secure, don't do it. Won't do it.
Speaker 1: I know people that look down on people that don't share the same phone.
Speaker 2: Who cares.
Speaker 7: I think it's silly, It's very silly.
Speaker 3: I mean it used to be if you sent an emoji or something like that on a text chain where most of the people were on the iPhone, everybody would get it until the one person that didn't have the iPhone wouldn't get it, and then every time somebody would respond to it, it would have to display the whole previous message, and on and on and on.
Speaker 2: Not fun.
Speaker 3: We'll come back, We'll talk more about swamp Watch and bring you updates on this earthquake again. At least seven point oh that hit off the coast of northern California. It would be one of the largest earthquakes we've seen in decades here in California.
Speaker 2: See if there's any damage we can track down, et cetera.
Speaker 3: USGS says that there was a seven point oh magnitude quake that hit just about a half an hour ago, little more than a half an hour ago, off the coast of what would be the Cape Mendocino. So just south of Eureka, just west of Ferndale, there's.
Speaker 7: A couple of them.
Speaker 1: There's there was a six point six that was upgraded to seven point three or seven point oh.
Speaker 7: There was a six point oh nearby.
Speaker 1: Then there was one north of Sacramento that was a five point eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was in Cobb, right, which I'd never heard of. That's about two hundred miles south of the other earthquake. So if you had a seven point oh at ten forty four, then a five point eight at ten forty seven a couple hundred miles away, not a guarantee that they're connected.
Speaker 2: There's no you know, Bud, But.
Speaker 11: We're up, y'all.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Deborah, Are you ready buckle up?
Speaker 2: Buttercup's common.
Speaker 7: You're wearing your red bottom shoes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I am Wait why are you so down trodden?
Speaker 2: This is going to be exciting.
Speaker 11: No, I absolutely hate earthquakes. Every day, I worry and I have premonitions.
Speaker 12: And here we go in northern California seven point zero.
Speaker 1: And a tsunami threat, and which is something that we here in California are not used to.
Speaker 3: No, well, listen, Devora, I'll say this that at least until about one o'clock, we'll be here for you.
Speaker 7: You know what, Deborah, this is karma to you.
Speaker 11: Wait, wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: You dressed John up and things that I cannot unsee?
Speaker 7: Oh, and instantly the Lord has paid you back. You have angered the Lord.
Speaker 12: Well, I think it would be karma if it happened in LA. Don't let that happen. I'm not putting that in the universe.
Speaker 2: But a warning shot I think it is, is a warning shot off your bow.
Speaker 11: I need to move out of California asat.
Speaker 3: If you if you are in northern California and you're here us and you're listening to the show, we'd love to know what it is that you felt you could leave us a quick talkback on the iHeart app and let us know what's going on.
Speaker 8: My name is Antonio calling from Mendocino County. We felt the earthquake very strong off the shore or coastal County. We should be getting hitless and on me in about a minute and thirty seconds out of before break and Mendocino, the small town of Mendicino.
Speaker 7: Oh, look at that.
Speaker 2: So hopefully things.
Speaker 8: Go well for us, and I hope everybody's safe in California.
Speaker 1: Those waves in San Francisco are legiti. That's legit water coming up on those beaches. What is that Ocean beach where in San Francisco?
Speaker 3: Is that it doesn't I don't know that one specifically is, but it's right up to the Bear.
Speaker 1: But that that is more wave of activity than i've than I've seen.
Speaker 2: There are some law enforce.
Speaker 7: Near the cliffhouse. I think that's Ocean Beach.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you're right.
Speaker 7: What was the cliff house?
Speaker 2: They've been as you mentioned it was.
Speaker 1: The water doesn't usually Yeah, the water doesn't usually come that quick. But they said when I was looking at the hurricane expert people, they Ocean Beach.
Speaker 7: I nailed it. Oh, I'm proud of myself.
Speaker 1: They said that the tsunami threat for San Francisco was gonna be a little bit later, but I guess it could.
Speaker 7: I mean it could be. This is just way activity.
Speaker 1: This is just surging waves that you usually don't get at Ocean Beach, certainly not coming up to the barrier like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's right up at the barrier and the TV station there in San Francisco. It's got a chopper up looking at the water, and there's police officers that are sort of I guess, patrolling that area.
Speaker 7: Probably telling those pedestrians right.
Speaker 1: There, Hey, dummies, dumb dumb and dumb dumb too, move away.
Speaker 2: We got alerts all the way in Grant's Pass, Oregon. Yeah, I don't think he got a I don't think he got a tsunami. Yes, Grants Pass.
Speaker 1: I don't know where Grants passes, but there was a several places in Oregon that did get them.
Speaker 5: Hey, Garriyan Shannon Mike from him and again, yeah, my gran son's going to school at cal Poly Humble. Oh yeah, and he said he felt it it was really strong, but up on campus they're out of the tsunami area. But yeah, he said it was really strong. But he's safe and I'm glad about that. Hopefully everybody else is too.
Speaker 3: So the tsunami arrival time that they had calculated as a result of this, Brookings, Oregon would be at about eleven twenty five, so right about now, a few minutes after that Charleston, Oregon, farther up north. And then as we mentioned the San Francisco time, the expected tsunami, they haven't said anything about how big they expected to be. It could be six inches.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't necessarily expect one. It's just a warning that there could be one. Right, So that's twelve ten. But like that guy said who called from Fort Bragg, that was the first location where the tsunami was maybe going to arrive at eleven ten.
Speaker 7: Was the first location right there in Fort Bragg.
Speaker 3: Soon I haven't seen anything. There was a bunch of people that were gathering along.
Speaker 1: The people in Ocean Beach already have sandbags that camp. That's not that's not because of this, No, But where'd they get the sandbags from?
Speaker 2: They just have them sandbags. Maybe it's because they just lived there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well they're building it up right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in that residential area.
Speaker 7: I don't know there were homes right there.
Speaker 3: A couple more messages. These are from people who are in northern California. You have connections in northern California who felt this Earthwait.
Speaker 9: This is Brian Up and Willets, California, a couple out the red south of Eureka. We felt it here. We felt them both here all the way down and all the way down to Yucaya, California as well. So love your show. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you day, thank you. Yes, if you felt both of them.
Speaker 3: The bigger one was at ten forty four, and then a smaller one about two hundred miles away, centered in Cobb hit just about three minutes later.
Speaker 13: Guy, this is Candy and I am here in San Francisco looking out at the water and you can see it sort of recess recessing, receding in my pants.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my god, we're gonna get in trouble for that.
Speaker 7: If something happens. That's good. I like that. I like it. I like the humor. I love the humor.
Speaker 1: Feels good, keeps Deborah, saying, yeah, she's like, no.
Speaker 12: A little too focused on the earthquake that I did hear in your pants.
Speaker 3: Listen, it's only reads because it's nothing. Everything's gonna be fine.
Speaker 7: Everything's gonna be fine.
Speaker 11: It's here.
Speaker 2: If it was serious, we would take it serious.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 11: It's again.
Speaker 12: Everybody seems to be okay in northern California. My worry is it's gonna happen here soon. Well, yeah it is, we know it is.
Speaker 11: Lucy Jones.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, you don't just get to say Lucy Jones.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 12: Lucy Jones a scientist, a very renowned scientist who everybody always has on the air.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 12: She worked for the what the USGS and what Pasadena?
Speaker 11: Uh was a Caltech anyway, she she is. I respect her.
Speaker 12: And she says that there's going to be one, a big one some days at some point.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think anybody could have told you that.
Speaker 12: But I'm just saying that we're over to and she everybody makes fun of me. And I think she was on Conway show, I think, and I heard her say we are overdue.
Speaker 1: So is like Lucy Jones, Pasadena the Langham High Saver earthquake, Well, it.
Speaker 11: Would be nice having tea there during an earthquake.
Speaker 7: Is a really nice place?
Speaker 11: Really is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: They do have a nice spa as well.
Speaker 1: The Ferndale main street, they say a lot of Victorian businesses, Hall homes, a lot of Victorians in Ferndale. It's one of those cool northern California small towns. People that live there say the main street looks pretty good considering not seeing any windows busted out or anything. But the grocery store, you can see the aisles are littered with all the stuff that.
Speaker 3: Has flown off the shelves, usual cans off the shelves right image.
Speaker 2: So we'll keep an eye on this. Again.
Speaker 3: If you are in northern California and you're listening to us, make sure that you send us a message tell us what it is that's going on where you are if you felt it. So two earthquakes, significant earthquakes in northern California. One of them just off the coast, was about a seven point zero and the other one five point eight that hid in the town of Cobb about three minutes after that. There's been a bunch of aftershocks, it's too many to count right now, of different sizes, But we'll keep an eye on this and see if there's anything new that comes out of that.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to do a conspiracy theory at the earthquake.
Speaker 3: There could be something to it, like I'll bet you a couple of plates rubbed together or something.
Speaker 1: Tsunamis are no joke, PSU. There are already people you can see have moved inland in Ocean Beach there in San Francisco, and those are waves in recession that I don't not remember seeing. It's usually a pretty calm beach there from what I remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have not yet seen any, you know, following Twitter and other social media, I haven't seen anything specifically from places like Fortuna or Eureka or anywhere along the coast there. Crescent City of farther north Brookings even that had any significant images of tsunamis that are large tsunamis. Some of them are just small enough you can't wreck. You wouldn't recognize it.
Speaker 1: I've got my eyes on a bunch of morons in Pacifica who grab their surfboards and are taking pictures of all the crazy waves there.
Speaker 3: Well, the tasty waves or the crazy waves are I don't know what that means.
Speaker 7: We're trying to, Hey, guys, stick some of your show.
Speaker 1: I'm in southern California. So I didn't feel anything, but obviously at earthquakes all the time, and I hate them with the power of a thousand sons.
Speaker 7: I'm with you, Deborah, You're not alone.
Speaker 1: Let's get out of this shaking state together and we'll be okay. Well, you know, you get out of California, then you get into Tornado country and hurricane land, and there's always something somewhere.
Speaker 3: This is not the Earth is not like us and is trying to shake us off like a dog shakes off.
Speaker 7: Water, like fleas. Like a dog shakes off fleas. We are a bunch of fleas.
Speaker 12: Hi, Garyan Shannon tell Deborah that maybe that was the big one and we just got lucky enough that it wasn't here and it wasn't on land.
Speaker 7: I like that. Actually it's on the San Andreas, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is. Do you know where the San Andreas goes? Yeah? Down the entire state of California.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 1: But if a little pressure, see I always think that, but Lucy Jones told me that's not the.
Speaker 7: Way it works.
Speaker 2: Sy Jones is very clear that that's not how it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though it goes against every brain cell that I have remaining. I feel like when a little pressure is released off the Santa Andreas, it's better for all of us.
Speaker 7: When did I say that was wrong?
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Oh, you did this, which usually means stop talking.
Speaker 3: No, it means you're about to stumble into something saying something you probably don't want to say, and it's probably going to be taken out of context.
Speaker 1: And I was talking about the San Andreas fault, right, and pressure, yeah, off the fault.
Speaker 2: That's and that's what earthquake is.
Speaker 7: I'm curious as to what I was going to.
Speaker 3: Say about a five point two magnitude aftershock just about three minutes ago up in that area.
Speaker 7: Substantial.
Speaker 3: This is going to be a significantly shaky day for people living on the Cape Mendocino there Again, the big earthquake from this morning was just under an hour ago, a seven point zero magnitude quake that hit off the coast of northern California just west of Ferndale, and then three minutes later, a five point eight earthquake hit in the town of Cobb. If you go from Sacramento, say we'll do San Francisco to Ferndale's about three hundred miles about two hundred and eighty three hundred miles. The area of Cobb is about one hundred miles north of San Francisco, so these earthquakes were about two hundred miles apart, but both very significant earthquakes.
Speaker 1: You know what people are bringing up on Twitter, and it's chilling because I remember seeing this movie.
Speaker 7: Do you ever see San Andreas?
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty fifteen with the Rock where there's a tsunami over the Golden Gate Bridge, and I remember watching that movie and freaking the f out.
Speaker 11: I never watched that movie.
Speaker 3: You should not watch that movie. There's another earthquake movie called eight point zero. God, we're not gonna do this this movie. Sorry, it's also out there. It's also crazy. Then there's a Tommy Lee Jones movie. It was about the volcano. I can't remember what that one was called.
Speaker 1: Well, there's the quake. They're San Andreas. Of course the impossible.
Speaker 2: That was rough.
Speaker 11: What about the tsunami in Thailand? I mean that's still I have nightmares once a year about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's the impossible.
Speaker 3: That was a nine. That was a magnitude nine earthquake.
Speaker 7: But that when you.
Speaker 1: Saw that that ocean receed and then just overtake everything.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, terrifying, horrifying.
Speaker 12: I'm not kidding you when I tell you, I literally once a year, maybe twice a year, I have a nightmare that I'm in a tsunami.
Speaker 11: It's because of that movie.
Speaker 7: Why would you go see that movie?
Speaker 11: It was a long time ago to the sex.
Speaker 12: I know now I'm back to the sex, but that was a long time ago, and it's staying your.
Speaker 7: Lane with the sex. Oh thanks for that email.
Speaker 1: By the way, I meant to check that show out yesterday and then I didn't get a chance.
Speaker 7: Same.
Speaker 12: John Cobelt comes in here and he says, hey, I was listening on the way to work.
Speaker 11: What why Why did Gary and Shannon talk to you about? What about these sections?
Speaker 7: He doesn't know about your sex shows? How could he not? How could he not? You guys don't talk about that.
Speaker 12: No, I leave that for you, Yes, exactly, sweet something just for you.
Speaker 7: But it's really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now we're up to eight after shocks of a magnitude of five or greater I'm sorry, magnitude four or greater. Eight after shocks of magnitude four or greater again seven point zero magnitude earthquake, one of the largest earthquakes we've seen in California in a couple decades, hit off the coast of Ferndale way up in northern California about ten four four, so just about an hour ago. There were tsunami warnings that were posted. We haven't seen anything out of those areas that would have seen the first wave of the tsunami. Brookings, Oregon is one of them, Crescent City is another, and then the expectation is or at least the tsunami warning is that in San Francisco they would expect to see it at about twelve ten. Again, all of these warnings have come out, but we haven't seen a lot of information about damage outside of the usual stuff falling off of stuff falling off of grocery store shelf.
Speaker 7: You couldn't get the button fast enough.
Speaker 2: You never can. You never can.
Speaker 7: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 1: We will have coverage all day and throughout k FINE News as well, And don't forget to let us know if you are in the area, hit us up on the talk back feature, let us know what you're seeing, what you're hearing.
Speaker 3: All of that, well, I just also want to say and this has nothing to do with earthquakes other than the earthquake of generosity that everybody exhibited on Tuesday. Our totals for Pastathon continue to grow. You can still, by the way, donate to Pastathon when you go to KFIAM six forty dot com slash Pastathon. You could donate it Smart and Final stores through Sunday. You could donate it Southern California Wendy Stores through Sunday. As of this morning, we've raised over a million dollars in one million, two thousand, and also we are approaching that forty tons of pasta and sauce.
Speaker 2: We are just shy of eighty thousand pounds.
Speaker 1: My mom just sent me the tsunami warnings she got for up there in northern California. It's pretty scary like it's in caps. Tsunami warning from Marine County. Did my grandma send this suami warning?
Speaker 5: Couse?
Speaker 1: Well, she's got probably a bigger font issued from Marine County's Ocean and Bay Coastliness. This is a verbiage. A tsunami is expected at approximately noon. If you're on a beach or close to the coast in all caps, evacuate immediately. Wow, The initial earthquake hit at a depth of six point two miles, and yes, tsunami warnings throughout Oregon and now northern California. Noon is when Marin County has been told it could be hit. Twelve ten is when San Francisco could be hit. Clarification, the National Weather Service LA says that San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, and La Counties are still being evaluated for potential tsunami impacts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're going to kind of wait and see.
Speaker 3: It looks like to see where if in fact it is materializing, that is the tsunami. But it's the only thing that they're looking at right now in terms of the tsunami warnings anywhere around the world.
Speaker 2: This is the big news.
Speaker 3: The other thing that we're learning is as these things happen, it's an inexact science. At first, As we mentioned the original I said to you off the air when I first got the alert that it was a six point zero earthquake. They've kind of rejiggered and recalculated everything. It looks like the earthquake that hit at ten, the big one, was in fact a seven point zero earthquake off the coast there of Ferndale. There were two other earthquakes that they said were recorded right after that, a few minutes after that down in Cobb. Those have been downgraded significantly. So it looks like this was one big earthquake and then a series of aftershocks throughout there. And as you mentioned, there have been a bunch that are four eight ten that looked like above a three point zero.
Speaker 2: These aftershocks that have.
Speaker 1: Hit vacuation for areas near the coast of Berkeley to West Berkeley, San Francisco as well.
Speaker 7: Don't mess around with this.
Speaker 1: Don't mess around and think it'd be cool to go to the coast to see the waves.
Speaker 7: They're just waves and they could be more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to plow through some of the tsunami warnings that have come in from different areas, and they said it was the tsunami forecast because of this magnitude seven quake that hit near the coast of northern California. An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of seven hit near the coast at ten forty four, and they said that based on all available data, the tsunami threat from this earthquake has passed. So at least in some areas they're saying that it has passed, but that specifically came out of the Hawaii region of the tsunami, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center, So it's unclear if it's been downgraded for those other areas along our coast. But again, this is when it's supposed to be coming up in a few minutes, it's supposed to be hitting. If it's going to hit, it would hit through Marine County, Tunoma County, Marine County, and then down into San Francisco, et cetera, and parts south of there. This was one of those ones, one of those events where we don't have an opportunity here in southern California to feel it. It was that far away. But other people, of course have contacts up there.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, I just got off the phone with my brother who lives up in Arcada, California.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 6: He said that it shook for a really long time, but it didn't feel as strong as you know, the seven point zero or plus that they're saying. He said it was a little bit scary. But they essentially they've evacuated their house because they are in the sunami range there at a Buddy's place that's at a higher elevation at this point, just waiting it out, but they're fine.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: It looks like Santa Cruz near the marina there has had some flooding into into some parking lots and and areas there, but nothing nothing major, just some parking lots near the near the marina flooded by.
Speaker 10: Gary Shannon has Bob from Tribucal Canyon. I didn't feel earthquake, but my son is crabbing up in Bodega Bay and they are evacuating everybody in the area and he can't even have lunch at Spud Point.
Speaker 2: Oh what a bummer that'll happen? BART?
Speaker 7: Did you say BART has some disruptions.
Speaker 3: San Francisco TV station was reporting that BART was shut down in all directions. They stopped their trains as a result, not just of the earthquake, but of the potential for I can't I can't imagine. I can't picture any BART tracks that would be close enough to the water.
Speaker 1: But just looked on their Twitter and they say that they're recovering from an earlier problem. We have resumed normal train service. Okay, so I just had nothing to do with it, right, just expect delays.
Speaker 3: They said the San Francisco Zoo has closed for the day because of these warnings, not that they are they're not evacuating the animals, although that was one of the reports that we saw out of there. The city of Berkeley did issue an evacuation order for West Berkeley because of the quakes up north and the potential for tsunami. But at this point everything looks like it's it's going to be okay.
Speaker 1: They say that the buoys at this point have only detected small waves, so that the warnings are kind of dissipating. Now we're seeing that more and more that the warnings are going by the wayside. All tsunami warnings canceled in fact, is where I keep seeing.
Speaker 2: Well, that would be great, would be great.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, love you, So I'm just dying to know. I didn't hear you.
Speaker 4: Guys say how far off the coast, like a mile, two miles?
Speaker 10: And how far in would the people need to evacuate, like anybody who's within a mile of the coast.
Speaker 7: I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: It depends where you are.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys, than you guys.
Speaker 3: Earthquake itself, I think with yeah, sorry, about fifteen to twenty miles off the coast. At least, it was pretty far out there. So it wasn't you know, a mile or two. It was I think probably twenty plus miles off the coast. But that's still plenty of plenty of proximity to the coast to cause some problems. And in terms of where you are, if you are along the coast and where they would suggest you evacuate. If you're along the coast in those areas, especially that part of northern California, you know where to go. No, you know how close you are, you know your elevation, you know that the potential threat. And like we heard that guy say his son was going to or his brother sorry, was evacuating already had a plan in place where he was going to go in the event that a tsunami warning had come in.
Speaker 1: So okay, now I'm looking at the NAA National Weather Service US tsunami warning system. They say no, no tsunami warning, advisory, watch, or threat.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good, good, good, good good good.
Speaker 7: Now we can go back to Hoular scheduled programming.
Speaker 2: Although that was a significant earthquake, it was.
Speaker 1: A significant earthquake and significant waves there, just still looking at Ocean beach there in San Francisco, Still tasty.
Speaker 2: Man, you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio lap